November 16th, 2009

What would you ask Sarah Palin?

Palin's book 'Going Rogue' releases on Tuesday.

Palin's book 'Going Rogue' releases on Tuesday.

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

There's no shortage of publicity for Sarah Palin on the eve of the release of her new book.

The cover of this week's Newsweek asks quote, "How do you solve a problem like Sarah"? It says she's bad news for the GOP and for everybody else too. This is not the kind of publicity that will cause her to be taken more seriously – not that there's any great risk of that anyway.

Sarah Palin is all over TV, talking with Oprah and doing a 5-part series of interviews with Barbara Walters.

But, she's very picky when it comes to what kinds of situations she exposes herself to. On her book tour, she's skipping many of the nation's largest cities that authors almost always hit – places like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Philadelphia and New York. Instead, she's opting for smaller, and in many cases more conservative cities.

You're probably already hearing more details about Sarah Palin than you want to know – about her personal life, her family, her children, her daughter's pregnancy... about the campaign, her spat with John McCain aides, what she thinks about Katie Couric and Charlie Gibson.

Sarah Palin says she wasn't surprised when she was asked to be on the presidential ticket... she says she felt "quite confident" in her abilities. Well, turns out she's one of the few who does. A new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll shows only 28% of Americans say Palin is qualified to be president, 70% say she's not.

So here's my question: If you were interviewing Sarah Palin, what would you ask her?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Jennifer from Winnipeg writes:

CJ writes:
I would ask her how wonderful it feels to wake up every morning knowing that you frighten the daylights out of liberals by just speaking common sense. She makes it look so easy.

T. writes:
I would ask her what books and magazines she reads. I would also like to know her thoughts on the Bush doctrine. She never did answer those questions.

Tony writes:
She mentions in her book that she believes in creationism. I would ask her if she had become V.P., would she have taken steps to have the federal government encourage the teaching of creationism in public schools.

Paulette in Pennsylvania writes:
I wouldn't seek her out but if she crossed my path I'd ask her "Honey, what is it you don't understand about 72% of the American people not believing you are qualified to be president?"

HJ writes:
I would ask her why she puts up with the insulting, ignorant left. Does she feel that this is the reason good people, like herself, fail to run for office (leaving us with the people who only have their own interest in mind). We need more people in office like Sarah, but why would they be interested?

Jay writes:
I'd ask her to name all 50 states. Just for fun.

Kate writes:
How many internets are there?

Linda in Kentucky writes:
I would ask her: "Where do you go to get a clue?" Betcha can't see that from your house!

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Mike from Denver

I would ask if she can fathom how the expression "beating a dead horse" applies to her political career.

November 16, 2009 at 3:22 pm |
  2. Ed

I would ask Sarah Palin if she plans to release an audio version of her book for all of her illiterate followers.

Ed
    Texas

November 16, 2009 at 3:25 pm |
  3. DinoDog, Palm Springs, Florida

Ms Palin,

You appear to truly believe in your opinions of how the United States has changed for the worse. Tell us, do you think that if you were in office would the majority of Americans support your changes?

November 16, 2009 at 3:31 pm |
  4. Larry, Ohio

Well,Jack,I,d asked her why she keeps taking the onslaught of ridicule and persecution from the main stream media and the far left wing loons out there.If there were ever a woman with "True Grit"she is her!!!

November 16, 2009 at 3:32 pm |
  5. bgaleles

Why, in the face of undisputed evidence to the contrary, do you persist in spreading lies?

November 16, 2009 at 3:32 pm |
  6. Larry from Georgetown, Texas

I'd ask the X Governor , do you really believe that you're qualified to be Presdient of the United States? If so, why since almost 90% of voters know that your not?

November 16, 2009 at 3:38 pm |
  7. SLM

Why someone with so much common sense would want to continue to be involved in the corrupt world of politics?

November 16, 2009 at 3:39 pm |
  8. Bob from Washington

My question for Sarah Palin is: What motivates her to run for political office?

November 16, 2009 at 3:42 pm |
  9. Diane Dagenais Turbide

Nothing! There is no authenticity!~

November 16, 2009 at 3:43 pm |
  10. Sooze from Kona

What are you trying to do with your book and tour?

Why did you abandon your job as Governor of Alaska?

November 16, 2009 at 3:44 pm |
  11. Dennis from Albuquerque

Jack, why would anyone want to interview this flash in the pan. She's had her 15 minutes of fame, so let her sell her book and go back to hunting moose.

November 16, 2009 at 3:46 pm |
  12. Greg, Ontario

If the Obama administration had taken the Republican way of doing things and let the banks fail, let the dow Jones crash, the Auto industry and all the employment tied to it die, where do you think the US would be right now and can you give us specific examples?

My guess is her answer would make us all say "thank you lord, thank you."

November 16, 2009 at 3:47 pm |
  13. Sooze from Kona

The McCain camp tried to do the "My Fair Lady" thing with Sarah the Hillbilly but it didn't work when she opened her mouth for the first interview. To bad the Presidential race didn't include a swim suit competetion, then Sarah would have a chance.

November 16, 2009 at 3:47 pm |
  14. Diane

why is it so hard to tell the truth?

November 16, 2009 at 3:50 pm |
  15. Ron

I would ask her how much money would it take for her and her dysfunctional family to go AWAY!

November 16, 2009 at 3:50 pm |
  16. Jerry Johns Creek, GA

The questions I would ask Sarah Palin are, " What do you consider to be the minimum qualifications for being the President of the United States?" Do you feel that you meet those qualifications? Do you think over 50% of Americans would agree? and last of all What in the world are you trying to do?"

November 16, 2009 at 3:51 pm |
  17. Jeff in E. Lyme, CT

That's easy Jack, I'd ask her "Why won't you just go away?"

November 16, 2009 at 3:55 pm |
  18. Sue - Los Angeles, CA

What her future political plans are? Why such a normal person would want to continue in the nasty world of politics? What can she do to prove she is more qualified to be President than Obama?

November 16, 2009 at 3:56 pm |
  19. Mr. D

I would ask her "are you for real and where are you going with all this?"

November 16, 2009 at 3:57 pm |
  20. Donna

Name 3 Newspapers You read Regularly

November 16, 2009 at 3:57 pm |
  21. Conor in Chicago

Mrs. Palin,

Do you truly believe, as Creationists do, that the Earth is only roughly 4,000 years old? Do you realize that this belief means that Ancient Chinese texts are older than the planet? Also, do you realize that when people don’t take you seriously that it is these sorts of views that we normally point to as our reasons?

November 16, 2009 at 4:00 pm |
  22. Amber - Austin, TX

I'd ask her where she went to school to learn such creative sentence structure!

November 16, 2009 at 4:00 pm |
  23. Jennifer - Winnipeg

Ummmmm ... tricky question, Jack. There are many things I'd like to ask Sarah Palin, however I am quite sure that she would not understand any of them and would immediately go into rhetoric mode and babble incoherently.

November 16, 2009 at 4:00 pm |
  24. Jay

I'd ask her to name all 50 states. Just for fun.

November 16, 2009 at 4:00 pm |
  25. Judy

Aren't you just taking the opportunity to make as much money as you can while you have your 15 minutes of fame?

November 16, 2009 at 4:01 pm |
  26. nora CC TXAS

People do not trust you at all, and they think you are a bit of a joke, do you still think you can be elected President?

November 16, 2009 at 4:01 pm |
  27. wahela

I would ask her when she plans on retiring back into private life.

November 16, 2009 at 4:01 pm |
  28. George

Sarah, You seem to want to give the world the message that your family (and specifically your children) are off limits. If that is true, why do you involve them so much in your public appearances and interviews? (It seems like you are using them as political props).

November 16, 2009 at 4:04 pm |
  29. Barbara in Tacoma

can you see the future in your crystal glasses?

November 16, 2009 at 4:05 pm |
  30. Richard, Syracuse, NY

I would ask her why she wrote a Whine List instead of a book.

November 16, 2009 at 4:06 pm |
  31. Michael and Diane Phoenix AZ

Yeah, like what is the real reason behind her quitting her "post" as governor, dumping her future son-in-law after losing the election, etc.

November 16, 2009 at 4:06 pm |
  32. Jeff Crocket in New Britain, CT

Will you stop coddling dictators and totalitarians as President?

November 16, 2009 at 4:08 pm |
  33. Ed from California

I would like to ask her,"Are you serious". Then I'd ask her for a date! Jack, she's HOT!

November 16, 2009 at 4:09 pm |
  34. chaney, La.

I would ask Sarah Palin the same questions I ask my 5 year old granddaughter., and I am sure I would get the same meandering response.

November 16, 2009 at 4:14 pm |
  35. Rory Murray

Jack,
    I would simply ask, "Sarah, if you couldn't handle the pressure of being Governor of the least populated state in the union, please tell the America citizens watching what makes you think you can handle the pressure of being their President?"
    Then, I would wait patiently for her rambling and incoherrent response.
    Have a great week Jack!
    Rory Murray
    San Bernardino, CA

November 16, 2009 at 4:14 pm |
  36. A. Smith, Oregon

Jack, I would ask Sara Palin the following:

Sara, did you ever council your daughter Bristol Palin on birth control plans and methods before she became pregnant? Levi has publicly stated, he routinely slept with your daughter in your home while you (Sara Palin) were home. Did you (Sara Palin) ever help Bristol Palin purchase any birth control pills?

November 16, 2009 at 4:15 pm |
  37. Wyle

Why should anyone take you seriously, especially when it comes to any political plans you might have? Your stories and experiences are so much like a "soap opera" that anything you do appears to be for either publicity, or for personal gain. Do you really think anyone could take you serious if you chose to run for President?

November 16, 2009 at 4:16 pm |
  38. Capitan

I dunno Jack, If Palin writes like she speaks, whoever buys her book (not I) will need a good set of bi- focals and a 'Gibberish For Dummies' manual to help decipher the uber-speak.

November 16, 2009 at 4:17 pm |
  39. Doug

Most people think you have used this book to settle a score–that you have become negative and bitter and that is why you are criticizing everyone who tried to help you on McCain's staff ; criticizing the media and especially Katie Courick for badgering you; criticizing Obama and implying that you could make better decisions than he is; blaming everyone but yourself for all your problems. What responsibility would YOU take–if any–for losing this election and having such a low favorability rating at this time?

November 16, 2009 at 4:19 pm |
  40. Jim

Jack,

A question like this invites snide responses, and I have a few myself. But Palin deserves some serious thought and discussion because of the kind of media attention she gets. If I were interviewing her, I would point out the poll numbers that pretty much slam the lid on any national political ambitions and ask her if perhaps being the spokesperson for various causes that she deems important wouldn't be a better use of her time and name recognition.

Jim
    Reno, Nevada

November 16, 2009 at 4:21 pm |
  41. Carole, Ventura Co., CA

What would I ask Sarah Palin? I would ask her why she blames everyone but herself for virtually everything that comes to light about her or her family. I have yet to hear her say, "I was wrong. I'm sorry." for anything. It's time she acts like an adult and take responsibility for what she's said and done, both in the press, her book, and interviews.

November 16, 2009 at 4:21 pm |
  42. Chris From St. Louis

I just don't Like her. Period....

November 16, 2009 at 4:21 pm |
  43. Jimmy

Obviously Sarah still strikes a nerve with the main stream media and there is still a great deal of interest in her, otherwise there wouldn't be so much coverage of her from CNN and the likes. She is a real person and had done a great job for Alaska and many feel her qualifications to be president were and still are better than the guy who got the job. If the media had given the same treatment to Obama that Palin got, Hillary would be president right now.
    Jimmy
    Houston, TX

November 16, 2009 at 4:22 pm |
  44. Tom in Desoto, Tx

Sarah, you've had your 15 minutes, and like a road flair your shine has long dimmed. Your book is about to come out and you've apparently been paid a lot and your familiy is now financially secure. With a mere 5 years of experience above being mayor, and your numerous demonstrations of your lack of knowledge of the federal government, will you take a civil test for all to see? This way the country will know exactly what you do know.

November 16, 2009 at 4:25 pm |
  45. Ron Temecula

Hi Jack:

I would ask her: "WHY SHE HAS THE NEED TO TALK SO MUCH?" I think she is talk her way into her own demise.

Ron Temecula, Ca

November 16, 2009 at 4:25 pm |
  46. Tina Tx

Nothing. I would tell her to go home and raise her kids and quit dragging the poor things out all over the country. They need stability and she is not giving it too them and she needs to fix her own family before she tries to fix everyone elses.

November 16, 2009 at 4:26 pm |
  47. Phil

Jack, I would ask her, after your book tour Sarah, how long will it take for you to just disappear?

November 16, 2009 at 4:27 pm |
  48. Annie, Atlanta

I’d ask how she feels having nearly every elected Republican politician in D.C. towing her hard right line, how this benefits our country, and, of course, whether she has learned to read yet.

To you, Jack, how concerned should we be that more than 1/4 of us are so frighteningly ignorant?

November 16, 2009 at 4:27 pm |
  49. Mike (VA)

A McCain campaign aide once reported that Palin asked whether Africa was a country. When asked about the report, she stated "That was taken out of context." The reporter didn't ask the follow up: "Could you put the statement 'in context'"? I would.

November 16, 2009 at 4:30 pm |
  50. Michael, Alexandria, Virginia

I would not give her the air time, Jack.

November 16, 2009 at 4:30 pm |
  51. Tricia

I would ask her that if history dictates the actions one takes in the future, can we expect her to grow weary of public life and quit that too, like the governorship in Alaska? I would like that very much, I think her (grand) kid(s) need her more than we do.

November 16, 2009 at 4:30 pm |
  52. Linda from Kentucky

I would ask her...
    "Where do you go to get a clue?" Betcha can't see that from your house!

November 16, 2009 at 4:31 pm |
  53. HJO

I would ask her why she puts up with the insulting, ignorant left. Does she feel that this is the reason good people, like herself, fail to run for office leaving us with the people that only have their own interest in mind.
    We need MORE people in office like Sarah but why would they be interested?

November 16, 2009 at 4:33 pm |
  54. Lee

By writing a book and doing all the talk shows–by hitting thousands of small groups and begging for an invitation to give a speech–you are giving the message that you are most interested in making money and enjoying all the public attention and celebrity status–and that you have no interest in the pressures and responsibility of a position in higher office. You made many excuses about why you quit mid-term the responsibility of being governor of Alaska. None of them seemed that valid. Why would anyone trust you not to do the same if you were elected to National office?

November 16, 2009 at 4:34 pm |
  55. Deb I , Nauvoo, IL

Why do you think Americans will vote for someone who quit her job as Governor, having taken an oath to serve? How much money do you have to be guaranteed to serve as promised? Who is raising your children while you quit jobs? Have you actually paid your taxes on all your extra money?

November 16, 2009 at 4:34 pm |
  56. Vinnie Vino

Jack,

According to webster's dictionary a quitter is listed as one who gives up to easily. The question I would like to ask Ms. Palin is: why should any American voter in their right mind ever vote for you again because you have a past track record of quitting on people in time of tribulation, isn't this right former Governor of Alaska...

Vinnie Vino
    Central Islip, N.Y.

November 16, 2009 at 4:35 pm |
  57. Calvin

There are so many things in your book that have been "fact checked" and found not to be true. You state that the media are picking on you and that other people who wrote books have not been checked as closely and that the readers should "just enjoy the book." Are you saying that just because you are pretty and a female, that your critics shouldn't hold you to the same standards of truthfulness as other people who write books about their life?

November 16, 2009 at 4:37 pm |
  58. Kirk (Apple Valley, MN)

Do you know that if you were Pinocchio, your nose would be a thousand miles long?

November 16, 2009 at 4:38 pm |
  59. Sly, from Michigan

I would ask her for a Date.

November 16, 2009 at 4:38 pm |
  60. Sue From Idaho

How in the world did you ever think you were competent enough to be one heart beat away from being president? What are your credentials?

November 16, 2009 at 4:39 pm |
  61. Cheryl in Bluffton, SC

It doesn't matter what you ask her, Jack – she'll answer with a Republican talking point or a folksy story no matter what.

November 16, 2009 at 4:42 pm |
  62. James from Anaheim California

why are trying to run from hard honest questions of the people? don't you know how much america wants to hear the truth coming from your own two lips Sarah? I mean am I really asking too hard of a question ?

November 16, 2009 at 4:44 pm |
  63. Paulette from Dallas,PA

I wouldn't seek her out but if she crossed my path I'd ask her"Honey,what is it you don't understand about 72% of the American people not believing you are qualified to be President?"

November 16, 2009 at 4:45 pm |
  64. Tom, Avon, Me, The Heart of Democracy

Why don't you see it damaging to your credibility when you are publicly corrected but continue to repeat the same mistakes over and over?

November 16, 2009 at 4:45 pm |
  65. Karen, TN

I'd try to keep the questions simple, like, "How's the family?" No sense mentioning politics and trying to get facts or logic out of the woman.

November 16, 2009 at 4:48 pm |
  66. ed in ri

Simple: "Why did you promote aerial killing of wolves in Alaska, before you quit your governorship?"

November 16, 2009 at 4:48 pm |
  67. MacFab

Jack, I will ask Palin if she really believe that picking her as vp by Sen. John McCain in the last presidential election was not a mistake and if she actually believed that she was qualified then or now? If she says she was/is, I will ask her if she did not believe 70% of Americans that think otherwise? And finally, I will ask her if the door has been opened for her to run for US president in 2012 yet?

November 16, 2009 at 4:51 pm |
  68. Jerry E Callen

It seems to me, the Conservatives thinking is,that entertainment quality is more important than leadership. ie.Palin, Limbaugh and Beck. They are party bred entertainers, making millions of dollars on the theory that the American public is so gullible that they will believe anything. But on second thought, looking at the polls on Palin, maybe they are right.

November 16, 2009 at 4:53 pm |
  69. Bud Rupert, Reston, VA

If she expresses a real interest in running for President I would ask:

1. Why makes you qualified to be President of the United States?

2. Why do you want to be President? This is the question that helped keep Ted Kennedy a Senator instead of becoming President in the Roger Mudd interview

Other then those 2 questions I have no interest in Sarah Palin at all.

November 16, 2009 at 4:56 pm |
  70. Chris - Ottawa, Canada

I would ask her “how many states are there in the Union?" I'm very curious to see if she would know the answer.

November 16, 2009 at 4:56 pm |
  71. keallaigh

If you are so smart, why are you a republican?

November 16, 2009 at 4:56 pm |
  72. Heather

I'd ask her whether she plans on taking voice training before running for office again. Right now, her voice can peel paint off a wall.

November 16, 2009 at 4:57 pm |
  73. Meg from Troy, Ohio

Jack–
    Sarah,
    Why have you written a book dissing the man who raised you up to the national political scene? Are you taking revenge?
    What does the word rogue mean and specifically, how does it apply to you?

November 16, 2009 at 4:59 pm |
  74. Maria

Dear Ms. Palin,
    Please explain to me sharia law and where it's practiced?

Thank you.

Maria
    Brunswick,MD

November 16, 2009 at 5:02 pm |
  75. Jerry,OK

Jack, I would ask Sarah, when Catie Couric asked you to name a Supreme Court decision. Why didn't Roe v Wade come to mind?

Jerry Wilson, Broken Arrow, OK

November 16, 2009 at 5:03 pm |
  76. GREG SMITH

Why is the media acting like idiots when you have more experience and common sense then our present President.

November 16, 2009 at 5:04 pm |
  77. susi learn

i wouldn't ask her a political question 'cause i don't want to watch the fog cover her eyes, but i would ask, 'honey, those red heels are the bomb doncha know...where did ya get them?'

November 16, 2009 at 5:06 pm |
  78. todd

So, how is that abstinance-only sexual education working out for you?

November 16, 2009 at 5:06 pm |
  79. David

Can you define the Bush doctrine?

November 16, 2009 at 5:06 pm |
  80. su

Ms. Palin, isn't your 15 minutes of fame up by now?

November 16, 2009 at 5:06 pm |
  81. John, Fort Collins, CO

Since all of the dictionary definitions of "Rogue" are negative, I'd like to ask Sarah Palin which one of them she feels best fits her: a dishonest or worthless person, mischievous person, vagrant, horse inclined to shirk or misbehave, or a wild animal driven away from the herd and of fierce temper?

November 16, 2009 at 5:07 pm |
  82. Connie

Why did your husband join a group that wanted to secede from the United States and why did you speak at their convention?

November 16, 2009 at 5:08 pm |
  83. John-Tampa, FL

I would not ask her anything. What's the point? Just keep her away from me.

November 16, 2009 at 5:08 pm |
  84. Melissa V-winnipeg

I'd ask her what she would do about Afghanistan.

November 16, 2009 at 5:08 pm |
  85. leonard shapiro

did you not quit?

November 16, 2009 at 5:08 pm |
  86. Stan

I mean come on. Are you for real? Do you really, really think you're intelligent enough to be President of the US?

November 16, 2009 at 5:08 pm |
  87. Lidija

How far do you actually see from your house???

November 16, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  88. Kate Juliff

How many internets are there?

November 16, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  89. Tom Mytoocents Fort Lauderdale Florida

Jack

I would like to know where all the fishing spots are in Wassilla. Good Bait tides etc.

November 16, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  90. Mike in Quebec

Is it one or two teaspoons of parsley in 4 cups of chicken soup?

November 16, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  91. Tony Estep

She mentions in her book that she believes in creationism. I would ask her if she had become VP, she would have taken steps to have the federal government encourage the teaching of creationism in public schools.

November 16, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  92. Dan in Seattle

Girl,,,,where'd ya learn to laugh?

November 16, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  93. Cjl

November 16, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  94. Marie

I would ask her if it's really THAT cold in Alaska.

November 16, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  95. tubruton

I would ask her what books and magazines she reads. I would also like like to know her thoughts on the Bush doctrine. She never did answer those questions.

November 16, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  96. Shelia - Charlotte

Do you realize that every time you open your mouth, intelligent people cringe?

November 16, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  97. Bill, Illinois

I would aks her to name all the States in the Union at a minimum.

November 16, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  98. Zane

I would ask her why she just doesn't do everyone the courtesy of simply going away.

November 16, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  99. Sean in California

Well, I'd wait until Sarah Palin starts claiming that the falsehoods in her book aren't her fault, then I'd ask her the following:

"Did you not proofread your own book before it went to press? We know you didn't write it...but did you even read it?"

November 16, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  100. Bill Lawson

Hi Sarah,

You have not been alive long enough to write a memoir, nor have you the experience to seek executive office. So why should we all subscribe to your hype?

– Bill

November 16, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  101. Ryan, Galesburg, IL

I would ask her if she regrets likening our President to terrorists and dissidents. She has given the uneducated and uninformed in this country a rallying cry, and done damage to rational discourse in very serious times.

November 16, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  102. Nikki T.

Mrs. Palin,
    What will you do when your fifteen minutes of fame are up?

Okinawa, Japan

November 16, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  103. logan

do you know what the bush doctrine is yet?

November 16, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  104. Alex

My question to Sarah Palin would be: "Really?" followed by a "I mean... Really?!?"

November 16, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  105. Jeff from California

I'd ask her why she thinks she is qualified to run the richest most powerful nation on earth and yet she can't manage her family.

Palin needs to just go back to Alaska and leave the Nation alone. And, no I won't be reading her book.

November 16, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  106. Mike DC

I would ask; why, if you are trying to become a great politician and world leader, then why are you two images of yourself: the serious politician with hopes, dreams, and aspirations AND the middle-aged lost celebrity who still shows up on magazine covers and cover-girl ads...?

November 16, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  107. Charles in Lawrence, NJ

Has your young son’s prognosis affected your pro-life stance to include birth defects along with rape, incest and the mother’s life on the pro-life exceptions list?

November 16, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  108. sandi in KC

If you want yourself to be considered for the 2012 Presidency, why would you quit your Governor's job? followup: Do you not think this leaves an impression of a quitter when things do not go well?

November 16, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  109. Anthony Quinn

Sarah,

What the heck is wrong with you?

Are you delusional? Something else? Please stop. America is suffering.

November 16, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  110. Robert in Louisiana

Can you still see Russia from your backyard?

November 16, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  111. C.T. Pawo

"How do you solve a problem like Sarah"?
    What's the problem, refraining from laughing in her face???

November 16, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  112. Ken D

Sarah, here is an easy one, what is your favorite color of pom pom?

November 16, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  113. crisologo

I would ask her why she never completed a sentence in any of her interviews and...

114. George Holman

I would ask why she quit as Governor of Alaska when she had been elected to fulfill a term. The answer is probably obvious to all but her most ardent supporters, but rarely, absent illegality on the part of the politician, do you find an elected official leaving mid-term.

115. Stella from Chicago

if she did learn more geography and returned the clothes she bought with our money –

116. Jane

I would ask her what made her think she would be qualified to be vice president. If she couldn't even handle being a governor, there's no way she could be our vice president, much less our president.

117. Jeff Grottick

Hi Jack,

I'd ask Sarah Palin one simple question...."What color is the sky in your world".

Thanks,

Jeff

118. Harvey--- Texas

When sitting on your front porch; do you ever wave to the Russians?

119. packdaddy

What makes you uniquely qualified (in your mind) to be seriously considered for the most stressful job in the world when you've already proven you could'nt handle the easiest governor's job in the U.S.?

120. Bob from Seattle

I'd still ask her the same thing Katie asked her: What major newspapers do you read? It is a simple question and if she can't answer it this time with something other than, "All of them", then it's game over – she's still dumb as a bag of bricks. Anyone can answer this question – even if the answer is "none – I don't read" it is better than "all of them". Would we want someone who comes up with this answer in a split second to be in front of world leaders? I think not!

121. Danny Craig

Jack-
    I wouldn't ask her anything. I would sit her down, ask if she needed something to drink, and then just tell her to talk. It would be the first comedy monologue by a politician ever. The ratings would go through the roof.

122. Tom Huntington, NY

How can we miss you if you won't go away ?

123. Lori - PA

Jack,

I would ask her if Tina Fey will be playing her in the Lifetime Movie adaptation of her book.

124. Dan, Las Vegas NV

What would you do to regulate fixed income credit-default swaps?....because you know she's smart enough to deal with issues like that.

125. Rob Edwards

Do you truthfully feel you are qualified to lead the entire free world?

126. Rick Goulette

I would ask her why the repulicans are scareing the hell out of americans.

127. Justin

Jack, my question would be along the lines of, Why do you think anyone cares anymore? I may be an 18 year old college student, but I know when to let it go. Enough's enough.

Justin – Smithfield, RI

128. Wilson

How on earth can questions like 'what newspapers do you read' be considered "gotcha journalism" for someone supposed to be hard-boiled enough for the White House?

129. Susan, NJ

Why do you make up lies. Why do you say there are death panels? And why do you think that the majority of Americans would vote for you for President (which I believe you are going to run for in 2012) when you are so narrow-minded in your views on EVERYTHING? I would also ask her how she could ever think she could make a speech as well as President Obama .

Why do you kill wolves?

130. mr. Rob

Jack I just can't say Palin for President without laughing, and I will challenge you to even ask the serious wolf Blitzer to say it, he'll probably even smile a bit.
    But I would ask her if she can still see Russia, because I want her to keep her watchful eyes on those guys,..ha ha ha.... and maybe we can take the overfow of prisoners to her home state instead of Ill.

131. Rudy Haugeneder, Victoria, BC, Canada

Would you describe yourself as a fundamentalist Christian. Many fundamentalists believe we are in what has been described as the "end times". Are we, how soon will it likely to occur and what are you doing to prepare yourself?

132. Joan Gilbert-Croteau

Sarah,

Since you quit your job as the governor of Alaska, why do you think Americans would want to put someone like you in office that might up and quit or resign when the office got too hot, or maybe because you have such a lack of knowledge and experience of what that office stands for?

Joann from Maine

133. Tom L

What I want to know is have the Republicans lost their minds?!? It would be in their best interest to ship her off to a deserted island if they want Republican Party to stick around.......they are in deep water and she is helping to drown them.

November 16, 2009 at 5:13 pm |
  134. ilenne

Well, that's easy. A question on quantum physics.

November 16, 2009 at 5:13 pm |
  135. Oleg

I would ask her if she is planning to get help for her increasingly erratic behavior before she becomes a burn out like Brittany Spears.

November 16, 2009 at 5:13 pm |
  136. Angel Casas

I would ask for the time... anything else would provoke a frozen screen and a need for a hard reboot.

November 16, 2009 at 5:14 pm |
  137. Del Bland

I would ask her to please fade away. She is about as important as a pet rock.

November 16, 2009 at 5:14 pm |
  138. ruth

i would ask her, what qualifications do she think she has to be president or even vice president?

November 16, 2009 at 5:14 pm |
  139. Lester

Do she still see Russia from her kitchen window or does she now see $$$$$$.

November 16, 2009 at 5:14 pm |
  140. Dwight

After starting the "Death Panels" lie, Have you any regrets for the damage you and your mis-guided followers have caused to Health care reform?

November 16, 2009 at 5:14 pm |
  141. Roland D. Menard III

Jack...Thank you for asking. I would like to ask Mrs. Sarah Palin. What, exactly, is your agenda ?

November 16, 2009 at 5:15 pm |
  142. Shawn Robinson

I'd ask Mrs Palin what she regreted about her approach when she ran with Senator McCain last year, and secondly, what does she think and what is she going to do about the dying population of the "young republican"!!!

November 16, 2009 at 5:15 pm |
  143. Dean H from Columbus

I would ask her how we can see her as anything but a shill when she is hawking a book lambasting her treatment by the media by speaking with the leading liberal on The View (Barbara Walters) and the President's earliest prominent supporter (Oprah Winfrey)? It sure seems like she loves the main stream media when it suits her purposes and just tries to revise history when she ends up making herself look silly.

November 16, 2009 at 5:15 pm |
  144. MG, Arizona

Are you still keeping an eye on Russians ?

November 16, 2009 at 5:15 pm |
  145. John Ca

I would ask her anything because she quit her job as gov. What make her think she can run this nation? John McCain could have won without her! The Reps. need a new front women!

John Ca

November 16, 2009 at 5:15 pm |
  146. Kathy C T

Dear Ms. Palin: What do you take responsibility for? You appear to blame everyone for your discomfort. What policies do you want to work on so we can get beyond the gossip?

November 16, 2009 at 5:15 pm |
  147. Ron - Portland, OR

If God is a Republican, how come he didn't help us out more in 2008?

November 16, 2009 at 5:15 pm |
  148. Shawn Robinson

Does she know any supreme court cases yet????

November 16, 2009 at 5:16 pm |
  149. Sam Hill, Toronto, Canada.

Jack, if I have the opportunity to ask Sarah Pelin a question, I would ask her, "Do you sincerely believe in yourself that you are qualified to enter the Whithouse as a President of the USA.?"

A mere talking of sarah Pelin as a President, indicates the intellectual bancruptcy of the Republican party. That's why they selected George Bush to be the President and see what Bush did to the world. This time the world will isolate the USA if they dare to bring in Pelin as the President.

Please do me a favour, let her name be dropped from the press so that she can go back to the Alaskan Caribou.

November 16, 2009 at 5:16 pm |
  150. Nikki Kirk-Greenwood, SC

I would ask her what qualifies her to lead anything in government? Why did you quit your job as Governor ? Do you think your abandoning your state to make money from your book makes a credible leader of the free world?

November 16, 2009 at 5:16 pm |
  151. Liz in California

I'd ask her if Alaska should take some Gitmo-Dudes. Then I'd ask her to spell Guantanamo. Then I'd ask her where it is.

November 16, 2009 at 5:16 pm |
  152. Robin Hughes in Vancouver

Sarah, who needs you more, your family or your country?

November 16, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  153. Roy Wells

I would ask Sarah Palin if she has purchased her return plane ticket to Alaska, before she gets laughed out of the "lower 48."

November 16, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  154. john, saskatchewan

Hi Sarah. Can you tell me what city is the capital of Vermont?

November 16, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  155. Dee

Being that you are busy with politics and had run for VP, where in all this do you have time to raise 5 kids? Doesn't your husband work full time too? Do you feel that you have harmed them by not being in their lives as much as you should have been? Do you feel that the decision to not be in their lives is contradictive to the republican stance on raising families?

November 16, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  156. Marilyn

Jack,
    Palin is a poster child for living in the "only now" and "big head"....and I'm not talking hair-do. Sarah, you need to write down what you think public opinion will be of you in 5 years. In five years time, you can read your note and maybe have some kind of epiphany about your self image problems. thankfully for the rest of us, by that time you will be SO over.

Marilyn

November 16, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  157. Joe Rogers, Annapolis, MD

Thanks for this opportunity, Jack. I would ask, "How do you explain
    your pre-vice-presidential claim that you could "see Russia" from
    your porch, when that porch is located in excess of 50 miles from
    where it would be possible for anyone to see Russia?"

November 16, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  158. mike

Jack I would ask her if she could name all 52 states that Obama mentioned

November 16, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  159. george

I would ask her what quality does she have, or thinks that she might have that is so much better than any other candidate that might run for President.

November 16, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  160. Ben Lanzarone

It makes no difference what you ask her. You just get that rapid-fire double talk for an answer, that leaves you asking "What did she say"?

November 16, 2009 at 5:18 pm |
  161. Dinka

I would ask,

"If you're considering running for President in 2012...how do you feel about the accuracy and timing of the most recent Roland Emmerich film?"

November 16, 2009 at 5:18 pm |
  162. James

I would politely ask her to step away from the spotlight. What an embarrassment to society.

November 16, 2009 at 5:18 pm |
  163. Mike

Better off not asking questions. All of this attention will just die off if we ignore her. Can America do that though?

November 16, 2009 at 5:18 pm |
  164. Erik in Iowa City

I would ask her why she thinks she is qualified to lead the GOP. To date, I have not seen anything engaging or articulate come from her mouth. She represents an old, old ideology that this country does not need leading it ever again. What exactly is it about her that we should be paying attention to? What about her is relevant to contemporary American politics?

November 16, 2009 at 5:18 pm |
  165. Robin Hughes in Vancouver

Sarah, would you like your own talk show?

November 16, 2009 at 5:18 pm |
  166. JB

I would ask Sarah if she ever feels guilty for deliberately misleading so many people who clearly respect her (though I can't guess why)? She has spoken so many mistruths, and yet some people actually believe her (death panels for example). I just wonder if she feels any guilt for this. Most Christians believe lying is wrong, and I think she claims to be a Christian.....hmmm.

November 16, 2009 at 5:18 pm |
  167. Rich, Kankakee, IL.

When is the book Dummies for reading Palin going on sale?

November 16, 2009 at 5:19 pm |
  168. David R. Scott

Jack, I would ask her " Does she really believe in GOD? and if so why does she still LIE. Also I would ask her if aany poor Republicans will ever need HEALTH CARE in the future!

November 16, 2009 at 5:19 pm |
  169. Brad

I am a Republican and can say with certainty that if Sarah Palin were to receive the nomination I would vote Democrat. She is not Presidential material!

November 16, 2009 at 5:19 pm |
  170. Terri Fletcher

Not anything..... I wouldn't want to be in the same room with her.

November 16, 2009 at 5:19 pm |
  171. Steve from Wasilla AK

I would ask Sarah if she would quit her next Political office during her last year to avoid the "lame Duck" as she did in Alaska.

November 16, 2009 at 5:20 pm |
  172. Adil Khan, IL

What was your grade point average at each of the 6 undergraduate colleges that you attended?

November 16, 2009 at 5:20 pm |
  173. Nick-o

How's that Alaska secession movement going? You still "palin" around with secessionists?

November 16, 2009 at 5:20 pm |
  174. Paul G

When are you going back to Alaska (for good)?!?!?

November 16, 2009 at 5:20 pm |
  175. Paul Walsh

Jack;
    Love your file, watch it every day.

I would ask lady when she is going to stop bleeding the system and go back home so we can get on with the important stuff.

Paul, from cambridge Ontario, Canada.

November 16, 2009 at 5:21 pm |
  176. Andrew Forber

I'd just ask her to please stop.

November 16, 2009 at 5:21 pm |
  177. Karl from SF, CA

I would ask her: Given your narrow minded opinions and limited intelligence how do you plan to attract voters from the 70% that think you aren’t qualified to be President over to the 28% that thinks you are. It takes far more intelligence to own a circus then to be the barker out front. The owner has to know how to run a circus. The barker only has to draw crowds. You can draw crowds but not votes. Comment please?

November 16, 2009 at 5:21 pm |
  178. Luis Hong

President Palin ? The prophecies of 2012 would pale in comparison to what our economy and the world economy would look now.
    I don't think she would have been smart enough to understand the complexity of what President Obama quickly assess and tackled head on.

November 16, 2009 at 5:21 pm |
  179. Linda Frantz-Bush

I wouldn't ask her anything – – I would beg her
    PLEASE!! Go home, sit down, shut up!

November 16, 2009 at 5:21 pm |
  180. Taylor Konn

We all know that Sarah Palin stepped down from her position as governor of Alaska so she could make money. I would like to ask her how her decision to resign helped the people of Alaska.

November 16, 2009 at 5:21 pm |
  181. Pete - Augusta Ga

Jack –

I would ask Sara Palin the following: " As the author of a bestselling book is it really I before E except after C?"

Bet that one would stump her!

November 16, 2009 at 5:21 pm |
  182. Joie

If elected President, under what circumstances would she resign?

November 16, 2009 at 5:21 pm |
  183. Matt

Given that the media has attacked you and your family personally, why do you still talk to the media?

Since the president's children are off limits, why does your family continue to be attacked by hypocritical "news" outlets?

Given that the biased liberal elitists have no respect for Alaska, why are people surprized that your book tour is not going to those locations?

November 16, 2009 at 5:22 pm |
  184. becky

Sarah – Can I give you a ride back to Alaska. Becky from Missouri

November 16, 2009 at 5:22 pm |
  185. Saajida

What made you qualified to run for vice president or president of the United State, when you counld not fix the problems that Alaska was facing.

November 16, 2009 at 5:22 pm |
  186. David W.

I would ask her, "If the Republican party is supposed to be a big tent party, why didn't you ever campaign in the inner city? Where were the minorities at your rallies? And for 2012, will you once again simply ignore people of color?

November 16, 2009 at 5:22 pm |
  187. CJ KAVANGH

Governor Palin, you constantly tout your confidence in the American People to choose what is best for themselves when it comes to health care, yet you are constantly telling half the population that they don't have the right to medical decisions when it comes to their own bodies. How can you possibly reconcile these two completely contradictory positions?

188. Steve

When you made up the 'death panel' lie to keep people scared and ignorant, did you manage to sleep well that night?

189. NICK

I would ask her when she is going to go away! She is like white rice, she's everywhere now. This person can not by any stretch of the imagination be voted again into any office, especially the presidency. Should that ever happen we need to go away, far away!!

190. Arlene, Illinois

I would ask her how much of the book did she write herself and how much did the " Ghost Writer" actually write.

191. GWTripp, Mch'sburg, PA

Do you think that science and religion can coexist and, if so, how do you reconcile the disparity when science contradicts a "literal" understanding of the Bible?

192. Ryan, Tempe, AZ

I'd ask her if I could go on tour with her, promoting my new book that I wrote with someone else's hand: "Propaganda and fear mongering, still alive and well in America." After all, if you write and say and make up things that republican voters love, the money will roll in, right Mr. Beck?

193. Barbara, New Port Richey

My question to Ms Palin: Whatever were you thinking!!!

194. Gary

Jack, I would ask her what 2+2 is.

195. Nils I. Larson

If I were interviewing Sarah Palin I would ask her why she didn't challenge Barack Obama to a game of "HORSE" on the basketball court during the campaign.

196. David

If I was interviewing Sarah Palin, I think my only question would be, "Why in the world am I interviewing someone as irrelevant as Sarah Palin?"

197. Robert

Your billed as a fiscally responsible Republican. Can you explain why Wasilla Alaska is in millions of dollars of debt?

198. jross

Jack,
    I would ask Sara Palin, if after she makes her desired amount of money on the sale of this meandering memoir, would you promise to go away and not be part of the American political scene again? Will you do the American people that favor?

199. nancy

I wouldn't ask her anything because her answers are very silly and trivial. The more we interview this woman, the more we elevate her status. She should go home and stop bothering us.

November 16, 2009 at 5:24 pm |
  200. Ken in NC

She made a the comment that all of the countries that are our neighbors are foreign countries. I would ask her which countries that are our neighbors are not foreign countries.

November 16, 2009 at 5:24 pm |
  201. Hope M

I would ask her, if she disagrees with Obama so much, what would she have done? My guess is the answer is silence.

November 16, 2009 at 5:24 pm |
  202. Beverley

I would ask her if she has any understanding about how she has effected the credibility of our party with her (and her family's) behavior. Can she explain why, despite the fact that we lost the NY seat following her interference, the RNC-women's group is still so proud of her involvement?

November 16, 2009 at 5:24 pm |
  203. Joe

I would ask why it is she continues to say that things that are clearly disproven with previous statements and or verifiable facts. Is it because you have a need to "prove" yourself in whatever way you think people listen or is it because it's a politician's learned behavior to lie in the face of facts so often that you have no choice but to believe your own lies?

November 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm |
  204. Gloria--Sacramento, CA

My question would be a plea: Can you PLEASE go away and leave us alone?

November 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm |
  205. Rick McDaniel / Lewisville, TX

Perhaps the issue I have with Palin is about separation of church and state.

I would ask....."How would you keep your religious beliefs from influencing how your functioned in government, and how would you be able to maintain separation of church and state"?

November 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm |
  206. Ralph Wilson

I would give her the chance to answer the question she never could answer. What does the bailout do? CBS News anchor Katie Couric couldnt even get an answer out of her

November 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm |
  207. Anne Coleman

I would ask her if she has considered using her Million Dollar book money on a crash course in Political Science. She is only going to get so far on looks... brains have GOT to kick in somewhere along the line.

November 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm |
  208. Thomas

I would ask her anything. Her answers are so darned entertaining. Every time she opens her mouth it is worth a million dollars to the DNC. A book? Thank You, Santa. I have never seen anyone so staunch in their convictions, without having formed any convictions. I don't know if she doesn't know it, or doesn't know how to sell it. Charisma without a cause. Ask her why she insists she is still important.

November 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm |
  209. CJ

Question for Palin,

How can I get back the few minutes I lost listening to your mind numbingly stupid comments during the elections?

November 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm |
  210. mark pribble Anna Illinois

I would ask her if she knows that being President is a 4 year job, no quitters aloud

November 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm |
  211. Cheenu

Dear Ms. Palin:

How come every time something went wrong in your public life (political or personal), it was always some one ELSE'S fault? Don't you believe that grown-ups should accept responsibility when they mess up?

November 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm |
  212. Tom Thompson

I would ask Sarah if she's read her new book yet.

November 16, 2009 at 5:25 pm |
  213. Andrew Eden-Balfour- Regina, SK

Did you know you can see the Rocky Mountains from North Dakota?

November 16, 2009 at 5:26 pm |
  214. Ron Bennett

Is your run in 2012 be like your proposal to build a bridge to nowhere.

November 16, 2009 at 5:26 pm |
  215. Patricia/Georgia

I'd ask her if she could see Guantanamo from Alaska?

November 16, 2009 at 5:27 pm |
  216. mary

I would ask her what qualifies her to be President of the United States, understanding that honesty has to be fore front. We have been lacking that as of late.
    I would also ask who she would consider as a running mate, and why, and what type of cabinet she would propose to put together. This one seems to be too full of Czars for my liking.

November 16, 2009 at 5:27 pm |
  217. Nicole

Just one question:

Are you serious?

November 16, 2009 at 5:27 pm |
  218. Martha Simby

Why she went to 7 colleges to earn a 4 year degree? How could her parents see out of the back window of the car with all of those college stickers blocking their view?

November 16, 2009 at 5:27 pm |
  219. Ilse , Las Vegas

I would ask her that if she is so intimidated by crowds in New York and San Francisco that she cannot go there to sell a book , how did she think she was qualified to face down North Korea and Iran?

November 16, 2009 at 5:27 pm |
  220. frank ward

I would say Sarah if you really want to be taken seriously,and not be the brunt of jokes and appeal to Soap Opera types, why do not you use all this free publicity to change the way you think,stop being a reactionary and come up with some positive solutions to the world,s problems, your reactions now only appeal to a few right ring wackos who do not think but react to their surroundings in negative ways,take a clue from your nemisis, PRESIDENT OBAMA ,BECOME POSITIVE.

November 16, 2009 at 5:28 pm |
  221. Randy Bruner

Jack, I would like to ask Sarah how much quality time
    she spends with her special needs child, and the other
    children also. I'm thinking she would say, "alot, you betcha".

November 16, 2009 at 5:28 pm |
  222. jim

Why does everyone make such a big deal about experience. George Bush had 8 years experience as president and still had absolutely no idea what he was doing! Morons like Bush and Palin can't absorb anything of even moderate complexity.

November 16, 2009 at 5:28 pm |
  223. Ken in NC

I would ask her if she has finished reading her book and if she has can she give a brief synopsis of her book.

November 16, 2009 at 5:28 pm |
  224. Thomas Arnold

I would like to ask Sarah Palin the following two serious questions. When did you and John McCain learn that Barack Obama was most likely not a Natural Born Citizen as defined by our Constitution (and possibly not even a citizen at all) and therefore was not qualified to run for president, while subjecting himself to the possibility of criminal penalties for seeking that office when he was knowingly not eligible? And, why didn't you and John McCain do anything about this?

November 16, 2009 at 5:28 pm |
  225. Bonnie

Why her children are not in school?

November 16, 2009 at 5:29 pm |
  226. Frank

Question for Sarah Palin:
    In view of stated support for science, how old do you think the planet Earth is?

November 16, 2009 at 5:29 pm |
  227. William D. Willoughby

With the future salvation of this world being through science, what does she understand?

November 16, 2009 at 5:29 pm |
  228. Puca

How is she any less qualified than B. Obama when he ran for office?

November 16, 2009 at 5:30 pm |
  229. Chuck

Just one question in regards to everything she's ever said....

WHAT?!?!

November 16, 2009 at 5:30 pm |
  230. Prakash Bhatt

Jack,

I will ask her, What kind of relationship she has with
    Rush Limbo....?

You know what I mean!

Prakash
    (Guttenberg, NJ)

November 16, 2009 at 5:30 pm |
  231. Darin

I'd like to start off with a minor quiz: "Sarah, what are the 3 branches of government established by our constitution, and what is each branch is responsible for? (Do you think she can answer that?)

I'd also like to know why she continues to spread lies, hate and divisiveness? Is that in her new book?

November 16, 2009 at 5:30 pm |
  232. RAG

Have you read your book yet?

November 16, 2009 at 5:30 pm |
  233. Kari

I would ask her if she finds it as funny as I do that the liberals are far more interested in her running for president than the Republicans? Maybe it's for the same reason that only liberals call Rush Limbaugh the leader of the Republican party.

November 16, 2009 at 5:31 pm |
  234. LouAz

I would ask her why she cannot separate her political thinking from her Beauty Pagent thinking. She does not act like she knows the difference between the POTUS and Miss USA, even though she is now a Mrs.

November 16, 2009 at 5:31 pm |
  235. Drude

If you won, how long could you see yourself remaining interested in the job of President...a year? 18 months?

November 16, 2009 at 5:31 pm |
  236. Ed Tallahassee

Did dinosaurs and man ever co-exist?

November 16, 2009 at 5:31 pm |
  237. Jberry

I would ask, "People in general seem to be exceptionally hard on you. What advice can you give to young women who seek to forge their own path, but are constantly faced with ridicule, scorn, and people trying to tear them down?"

November 16, 2009 at 5:31 pm |
  238. Teresa, KS

Ms. Palin,

Are you really going to keep your speaking engagement commitment to the Salina, Ks chamber of commerce or might we plan on you not appearing and your staff denying that you made the commitment?

November 16, 2009 at 5:32 pm |
  239. Jonas

The United States is transforming into an urban nation. What policies would you employ to help facilitate the future growth and development of the nation's major urban centers?

November 16, 2009 at 5:32 pm |
  240. Larry Vanderlinden, Anchorage, Alaska

Sarah,

What do you tell your children regarding fulfilling public service commitments in this era of unprecedented greed?

November 16, 2009 at 5:32 pm |
  241. David Carr

Sarah, this was quoted today in Agence France Press regarding President Obama's bow to the Emporer of Japan:

Maybe he thought it would play well in Japan. But it's not appropriate for an American president to bow to a foreign one," said conservative pundit William Kristol speaking on the Fox News Sunday program, adding that the gesture bespoke a United States that has become weak and overly-deferential under Obama.
    Another conservative voice, Bill Bennett, said on CNN's "State of the Union" program: "It's ugly. I don't want to see it."
    "We don't defer to emperors. We don't defer to kings or emperors. The president of the United States - this coupled with so many apologies from the United States - is just another thing," said Bennett."

My question....did if offend you, and are these voices, very much like yours, why no one around the world like us?

November 16, 2009 at 5:32 pm |
  242. nick in nc

Does hipocracy have any limits? If in the general sense your answer is no, then what personally significant line do you have to cross before you can call it a day?

November 16, 2009 at 5:32 pm |
  243. cora

I would ask her why do she not think, people can see threw her charade, that she's campaigning and not own a book tour in every state she lost.

November 16, 2009 at 5:33 pm |
  244. Mike S., New Orleans

I would ask Sarah Palin if she really believes that Barack Obama pals around with terrorists, as she claimed during the campaign. I would also ask her if Joe Six pack ever got a job, or paid his back taxes.

November 16, 2009 at 5:33 pm |
  245. Russ in Johnston

You say you were not surprised to be picked for VP last year. Other than being McCain's VP pick, tell us why you think you are qualified to be President of this country, what kind of change YOU will try to usher in, and why anyone outside your ever-shrinking fan base should vote for you? Also, do you believe in the Obama doctrine of dealing with terrorism, or as he calls it 'man-made disasters'? Contrast that with the Bush doctrine.

November 16, 2009 at 5:34 pm |
  246. zeke

I would ask her why on earth she continues to parade herself in public, touting herself as the 'maverick' for change, when in reality she's just an uniformed hick with zero knowledge what-so-ever on the realities of federal politics. She's just a dunce that doesn't know when to quit.

November 16, 2009 at 5:34 pm |
  247. BILL MORRISON

As a 50 year resident of Alaska, I'd ask her if she really believes the tripe she's spouting or just saying what the right wing wackos want to hear, for the money.

November 16, 2009 at 5:35 pm |
  248. Jim in Alabama

I'd ask her what her position was on North Korea, China, Iraq and Afghanistan and also ask her what real experience she had in foriegn policy and/or negotiations with other countries. I'd also ask her what her position was on health care reform. I'd be willing to bet she'd answer the following way. (Sarah) I'm in favor of continuing the war in Afghanistan and putting more troops on the ground; I'd be in favor of acting tougher with north korea and staying in Iraq until that country is safe. Finally, I'd be for tougher trade policies with China. You know what her position on higher taxes and abortion are so what's left. Ability to debate the key issues. You betcha!

November 16, 2009 at 5:35 pm |
  249. Graham Jura, St. Joseph, MO

Considering you read all magazines that are put in front of you, will that include Levi's "Playgirl"?

November 16, 2009 at 5:36 pm |
  250. Bryan Jon

Having reviewed the list of questions/comments posted here, and taking into consideration the huge amount of intelligence displayed by them, I don't think I need to say more. For those that keep telling her to go home or you've had your 15 minutes of fame, I'd say, she's done an outstanding job of keeping them on their toes. She obviously is a force to be reckoned with or comments such as those displayed wouldn't be here.

November 16, 2009 at 5:37 pm |
  251. ChrisF

What's your favorite color?

November 16, 2009 at 5:42 pm |
  252. Joseph from St. Louis

Sarah, have you gotten your degree in political science yet? You will need that to understand how the federal government operates.

Also, you might want to put the "Seven Habits of Highly Successful People" on your list of must read books. You'll find that delivering polarizing speeches and verbally attacking others isn't such a good thing.

If you focus on uniting America and severing all ties with Big Oil America just might take a 2nd look at you. Otherwise, we'll kiss you good-bye in 2012 too.

Your truly,

Joseph

November 16, 2009 at 5:42 pm |
  253. Renee

In all honesty I would ask her to PLEASE answer a question with a DIRECT RESPONSE and with the appropriate information to support her answer. Hold your space in the interview by being comfortable in silence and be comfortable in your own skin to tell you "I don't know".

That's it. Direct answer with facts that have been checked....on to the next question!

I struggle to watch her, politics aside...due to the fact that she never answers a question directly. It's embarrassing!

November 16, 2009 at 5:42 pm |
  254. James Brooks

How many times have you seen the angrey bear shake his paw over your back yard Gov; Palin?

November 16, 2009 at 5:42 pm |
  255. C. Farrell, Houston, Tx

I'd ask Palin what's the difference between "Going Rogue" and being a GOP whistle blower.

November 16, 2009 at 5:42 pm |
  256. Jim

Oh great! Another Palin-bashing! Seems to me that the left just loves to hate. Sarah Palin espouses many of the same ideals and principals I believe in. I would ask her how she copes with all the vicious attacks from the small-minded and uninformed. I don't think she is "ready" to be President. But I certainly think she is "capable" of being President. And like her or not, I have a feeling you're going to be dealing with her for a long time!

November 16, 2009 at 5:43 pm |
  257. Roxane from MN

Do you feel in the day and age when many people would like to see a women in higher office, that your run for Vice President set their chance of that back a bit?

November 16, 2009 at 5:43 pm |
  258. Harry Havens

When do you think you will have made enough money on your book deal and lecture circuit to pay off all those legal bills from those ethics violations AND go back to Alaska?

Harry
    Millersburg, Ky.

November 16, 2009 at 5:43 pm |
  259. Faye Clark

Jack, I just hope her interviews are not picked up by people outside this country. What on earth is she saying when she attempts to answer questions. Bristol can not have the baby 24 and 7 if she is in college. Let Sarah finish this book tour and go back to Alaska. There are some very intellegent women in this country but sadly Sarah is not one.

November 16, 2009 at 5:43 pm |
  260. Godwin, in Dallas Tx

My question would be simple: Just who actually wrote the book that she is promoting?

November 16, 2009 at 5:43 pm |
  261. RHP

I would ask her to get out of the public eye and stop pretending to be qualified for Higher public office. I think Ak governor was above her head.

She was a disaster as VP candidate.

Note I am a republican and did not and do not support Obama's agenda.

Why is it that every 4 years neither party can come up with a really good candidate.

November 16, 2009 at 5:43 pm |
  262. AZBack

Why is she still in the media? haven't we had enough of her antics?

November 16, 2009 at 5:43 pm |
  263. steve

Spell potato?

steve
    newton, ma

November 16, 2009 at 5:44 pm |
  264. Paul, Parry Sound, Ontario

I'd ask her if her book comes with crayons.

November 16, 2009 at 5:44 pm |
  265. Karen

I would like to ask her when she's going away. Her brief time in the spotlight is over. They are only bloopers now. To be honest I don't even want to see those.

November 16, 2009 at 5:44 pm |
  266. Julie B

Say "nuclear"

November 16, 2009 at 5:44 pm |
  267. Jen

Would you like to go out with myself and some girlfriends for some old fashioned, good ol' gal wine and gossip? I'd bet you'd be a blast to party with.

November 16, 2009 at 5:44 pm |
  268. DerekB

Mrs. Palin
    Do you believe in Dinosaurs?

November 16, 2009 at 5:44 pm |
  269. Reid VanVoris

Please explain what you, if given the opportunity, would do now to fix our economic crisis?

November 16, 2009 at 5:44 pm |
  270. Steve in Texarkana

I would ask her if the book proceeds will be worth the ridicule she will coninue to face as she is continually panned by all of the politcos.

November 16, 2009 at 5:45 pm |
  271. Elizabeth

I would ask her if she realized how much like Anita Jane Bryant she sounded like.....
    Wait - FIRST I'd ask her if she even knew who Anita Bryant WAS?

November 16, 2009 at 5:45 pm |
  272. John in Denver

I would ask her how she reconciles wanting government butting out of people's lives with her belief that government should be in our bedrooms, places of worship and almost everywhere else. Seems she wants government butting out as long as it's doing what she believes.

November 16, 2009 at 5:45 pm |
  273. Bill

Jack,

I'd ask her this..Sarah, do you really think that what you have to offer is what America really needs? we've had a President with a very low I.Q and little experience with people who don't look like him...Am I wrong Jack, but does the woman really need the money? especially since the GOP didn't pay for the vetting process.

November 16, 2009 at 5:45 pm |
  274. Rick

I would ask her if she thinks she would have the same opportunities to jump the long line of presidential candidates with tangible and substantial experience if she weren't attractive.

And what does it say for culture that an attractive politician is more valued over an experienced politician?

November 16, 2009 at 5:45 pm |
  275. Barbara - Georgia

I'd ask a negative question hoping to get a negative answer: "You aren't going to run for president, are you?"

November 16, 2009 at 5:45 pm |
  276. Will from San Jose, CA

How many months into your Presidency would you last before you quit that as well?

November 16, 2009 at 5:45 pm |
  277. SandyB

Who is looking after your children? Is it your husband, or do you have a nanny?

November 16, 2009 at 5:45 pm |
  278. honestjohn in Vermont

I would ask her for a moment of silence.

November 16, 2009 at 5:45 pm |
  279. David in Seattle

Last year, did you really feal you were qualified to b Vice-President of the United Sates, let alone President? What is your view now?

November 16, 2009 at 5:45 pm |
  280. TM

Mrs Palin: Do you ever stop and think before you open your mouth? Has it ever occured to you that you may not know all the facts? Have you ever once considered that partisan talking points have NEVER once been the answer to any serious problem faced by this nation?

November 16, 2009 at 5:46 pm |
  281. Terri

I would ask her why she does not take personal responsibility for her actions, but rather is constantly blaming those around her. Former McCain campain officials have released emails that show her blatant lies – someone needs to call her on it.

November 16, 2009 at 5:46 pm |
  282. John in Lake Tahoe

When – if ever – are you going to read your book?

November 16, 2009 at 5:46 pm |
  283. Jane/Seattle

I'd like to ask her why she won't just take care of her many children while getting some expert career advice from a professional.

November 16, 2009 at 5:46 pm |
  284. starleo14672 Greensboro N.C.

I hope and pray the media will give it a rest where Sarah Palin is concerned. Our cable media has projected her so much that we are beginning to wish she would go hunting or fishing or anything. If she had a cerebral thought it would almost give me pause,not yet has anything of any consequence come out of her mouth.ENOUGH ALREADY.

November 16, 2009 at 5:47 pm |
  285. Rich, Kankakee, IL.

why bother, everytime she open her mouth, she just creates far more jokes about herself!

November 16, 2009 at 5:47 pm |
  286. Guy P

My question to her is please name the last 5 Vice Presidents of the US. If she answers correctly I'm taking a boat from Alaska to Russia-considering it is so close.

November 16, 2009 at 5:47 pm |
  287. Brad in Memphis, TN

Seeing as she would have to prove herself unafraid of challenges to be a serious presidential candidate, I'd ask her when she intends to do her next interview with Katie Couric.

November 16, 2009 at 5:49 pm |
  288. Antonio Vargas

I would not ask her anything for fear of her answer.

November 16, 2009 at 5:49 pm |
  289. Robert

I would ask her out on a date

November 16, 2009 at 5:49 pm |
  290. Marley

I would ask the author of "Going Rancid" how she attended so many colleges, taking 6 years to get a Batchelors in Journalism, that she couldn't name one newspaper or magazine she reads. One would think that being that "eperienced" in higher education, she could at least cite the Weekly Reader.

November 16, 2009 at 5:49 pm |
  291. paul morris

nothing that required multi-syllable words

November 16, 2009 at 5:50 pm |
  292. Anthony from New York

Actually Jack, my question is for you guys in the media:

Why do you all keep covering this woman?

She's nothing. She's a nobody. She's not an elected official anymore. She has no title of any kind yet she gets more coverage then most "important" people who do hold office and have a say in the future direction of this country. Why?

Give Palin a rest. Who really cares about Sarah Palin?

November 16, 2009 at 5:50 pm |
  293. Ben

I will ask her what's the colour of the sky.

Ben
    Tx

November 16, 2009 at 5:50 pm |
  294. John - New York, NY

I would ask her who is paying her to ruin what's left of the Republican party.

November 16, 2009 at 5:50 pm |
  295. Rich

What will it take for you to quietly just go away?

November 16, 2009 at 5:50 pm |
  296. Roxane from MN

Do you feel in this day and age when many people would like to see a women in higher office that your run for Vice President set their chances back a bit?

(Correction from previous post)

November 16, 2009 at 5:51 pm |
  297. skip

Mrs. Palin,
    Why did the McCain / Palin ticket receive a lower percentage of the vote than widely ridiculed Dukakis / Bentson ticket? Did the media cover Dukakis and Bentson after the 88 election as much as they cover you and McCain now? Why or why not?
    Skip

November 16, 2009 at 5:51 pm |
  298. Reid VanVoris

Who, other than Ronald Regan, has been your most inspirational conservative figure in politics?

November 16, 2009 at 5:51 pm |
  299. ed daley

i would ask sarah palin when she is going to give up . she does't have a chance to win the job of president
    in

November 16, 2009 at 5:51 pm |
  300. Mike in Colorado

Are you planning on leaving anytime soon?

November 16, 2009 at 5:51 pm |
  301. RFK

I would ask her why she uses one sided social media such as FB and Twitter instead of engaging other pundits in open debate. If her arguments are valid, why is she not prepared to discuss them in person?

November 16, 2009 at 5:52 pm |
  302. wendy isbell

When you fired your your appointed commissioner of public safety Walt Monegan the word rogue was used to describe his actions. What do you think the word rogue means?

November 16, 2009 at 5:52 pm |
  303. Reid VanVoris

Who, in your opinion, is the most effective conservative political figure of today?

November 16, 2009 at 5:52 pm |
  304. Andrzej

Please provide clear explanation on your FORMAL education needed, required, or highly recommended for those who intend to be a member of a government..

November 16, 2009 at 5:52 pm |
  305. Tony in Nashville, TN

I would simply say and ask this: Mam, you were truly blessed with good looks. You are beautiful to be in your Forties, a new Mom and a Grandmother. But tell me what the name of the Premier of china is, and what did China used to be called?

November 16, 2009 at 5:53 pm |
  306. Richard P

Jack,

I would ask:
    Sarah, the Alaskan people voted for you to govern them.
    While the population may be small, why not remain loyal to the mandate to govern them instead of trying to make a fast exit to make a fast buck selling a book? Didn't the term you were elected to have any meaning?

November 16, 2009 at 5:53 pm |
  307. Robert

how long ago did dinosaurs walk the earth?

November 16, 2009 at 5:53 pm |
  308. Bob escaped from FOX

When I was young, many people told me that I had the potential to be a "rocket scientist". I knew better. I was just an overacheiver. NASA has benefited greatly from my judgement. I would ask Sara if she ever takes a good objective look at herself rather than believe what other people tell her.

November 16, 2009 at 5:54 pm |