July 8th, 2009

Have your views of Palin changed since she announced quitting as Governor?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

As quickly as Sarah Palin announced she was quitting her job as Governor of Alaska in the middle of her term, the airwaves were filled with pundits eager to pronounce her political career dead in the water. Even Rush Limbaugh was stumped. Which doesn't happen often.

Yesterday on this show Democratic strategist Paul Begala said: "Her defenders will say, she's crazy like a fox. I think they're half right. The notion that she would look [CNN's] Drew [Griffin] in the eye and say, I'm not a quitter as she's quitting. She is either delusional or disingenuous."

But a look at some new poll numbers suggests it might be a bit early to plan Palin's memorial service. A new Gallup poll found 43-percent of Americans say they are very likely or somewhat likely to vote for her for President. In fact, 70-percent of those surveyed said Palin's decision to resign had no effect on their opinion of her at all. Go figure.

The poll also found 53-percent think the media coverage of Palin's decision to quit her job as governor in the middle of her first term has been unfairly negative.

Sarah Palin may in fact have more options than her detractors give her credit for. That same poll shows 70-percent of Republicans said they would vote for Palin for president. If that seems a little lopsided it's probably because most of the rest of the front runners in the Republican Party have misstepped so much that she and Mitt Romney are about all that's left.

Here’s my question to you: Have your views of Sarah Palin changed since she announced she’s quitting her job as Governor?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Michelle writes:
As a Democrat I have a more positive view of Palin since her resignation speech. She is articulate, intelligent, bold, and independent. Media is hard on her and soft on Obama, who has accomplished little.

Lisa from Ashford, Alabama writes:
My opinion of Sarah Palin hasn't changed. She's half Baked Alaska. She couldn't stand the heat so she got out of the kitchen. If she was Vice President now, could you imagine the scrutiny she and her "foible prone" family would be under? I'd dare to guess she might quit that job too based on her reasons for quitting her Governorship.

Barbara from Coral Springs, Florida writes:
Absolutely, now she is free to help the Republican Party raise money and campaign for the upcoming elections. I think she saw the need to not wait till 2012 to change the direction the country is going.

Paul writes:
Governor Palin's surprise announcement didn't change my opinion at all. This "nut case" is as dangerous to the future of the Republicans, as Nancy Pelosi is to the future of the Democrats. What worries me is the stupidity of the electorate to have voted in either of these idiots? In the case of Sarah Palin, you just know there is a nice juicy scandal on the way.

Phil writes:
My views haven't changed. I admire her courage and willingness to stand up to the constant attacks from the media and the left. If I were living in Alaska, I wouldn't like that the Government was constantly being distracted with all of the frivolous 'Ethics Violations'. Her stepping aside just shows she cares. What is it about her that scares you people so much?

Betty from Texas writes:
Yes, my view of her has changed. Although I didn't agree with her, I thought she was a strong woman and a fighter. Her resignation reveals a thin-skinned prima donna and a quitter. The idea that so many people would vote for her for President is frightening. If elected, would she resign mid-term if the going got rough?

Jim from Willowick, Ohio writes:
Jack, from my view I still can't see Russia nor can I see why an entire state would have elected such a whiner to begin with. Makes me proud to be an Ohioan.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Betty from Texas

July 8, 2009 at 4:13 pm |
  2. Tony

My view of Palin is still the same. I would expect that the President of the United States to be atleast smarter than the average American. I don't want another politician that speaks so unintelligently that the world look at us as fools.

July 8, 2009 at 4:13 pm |
  3. Patricia - Pine Plaines NY

Not in the least. I still thing she's a foolish person with not much going for her. She can't even complete a sentence, and she's a journalist major???

July 8, 2009 at 4:14 pm |
  4. Gigi

No Jack,my opinions have not changed.I still think she is a rambling lunatic,I can't believe that anyone can think this woman can run anything other than her mouth

July 8, 2009 at 4:15 pm |
  5. Jeff, MI

No. She was a non factor then and she's a non factor now. It just speaks to the stupidity of the voting public in Alaska who elected her in the first place. But, then again, who are we to talk? We voted W into office twice.

July 8, 2009 at 4:16 pm |
  6. Jae in Detroit, MI

Not at all. I still think she's a dolt.

July 8, 2009 at 4:18 pm |
  7. David A Whitaker

Yes Jack my opinion of her has changed, it about time for to get the heck off of the TV. I know Washington state is happy that she will be leaving. They should celebrate

David
    Martinsburg,WV

July 8, 2009 at 4:18 pm |
  8. penny

Good for her! No matter what your political leanings you have to admire someone that gives the finger to politics as usual that has ruined this great country.

July 8, 2009 at 4:19 pm |
  9. Roy Reed

No, but she appears to be getting loopier. Just imagine if John McCain had been elected, knowing she was one heart beat away from the Presidency. That would keep you awake at night.

Roy
    Texas

July 8, 2009 at 4:21 pm |
  10. Larry

Yes, my view of Sarah Palin has changed... I think she's even a sadder example of what's wrong with the Republican Party than I had before. She's an embarrassment to all Americans, whether Democrat or Republican.

July 8, 2009 at 4:21 pm |
  11. Michael, Alexandria, VA

Not at all. Ever since her Catie Couric interview my opinion of her has been that she is way over her head. Her latest actions just confirm that. Sometime next month, when people stop talking about her, she will realize that her 15 minutes are up. The fact that no one will be watching her pain at that point will make the moment that much more poigniant.

July 8, 2009 at 4:24 pm |
  12. Denny from Tacoma, WA

Yes they have. My already negative views of Sarah Palin have become even more negative.

July 8, 2009 at 4:25 pm |
  13. Robert Davidow

Obama, Clinton, McCain, Richardson and others spent 18+ months running for President while continuing to collect ther government salaries, and providing no services to their constituents. If Palin is running for a different office, she's doing it in a far more honest, honorable, and constituent respectful manner than these other career politicians, who can't imagine life off the public dole.

July 8, 2009 at 4:26 pm |
  14. Steve

No, Its about money. You can make millions on the talk show circuit or book deals and doing speeches. You can't do that and be Gov at the same time

July 8, 2009 at 4:27 pm |
  15. Ruie - Brownstown, MI

Jack, since Faux News has PROVEN that she has been put upon more harshly by the Liberal Media than ANY other candidate EVER in the history of our Nation, she can cry wolf for four years all the way into the White House.

July 8, 2009 at 4:27 pm |
  16. Tom in Desoto, Tx

Not at all. Up to the election she proved she wasn't competent to be Vice President no less President. With all of 2 1/2 years as governor, and quits, I don't see her as being competent as governor. She enjoys the bright lights but scrutiny comes with it, there she fails miserably. Anyone who would vote for her is nuts.

July 8, 2009 at 4:27 pm |
  17. Pat in Greensboro, GA

My view has always been that she an airhead that refuses to give up the limelight. Now I'm sure of it. We will see her on book signing tours, speaking engagements and probably with her own talk show; where she will continue to misuse the english language and put together sentences with no end, that make no sense. Get ready Tina Faye and SNL, this fall should be a winner for you guys.

July 8, 2009 at 4:31 pm |
  18. Peter M

Nah, I never thought much of her. She was a flake right from the start. I wonder how she even ended up being elected Governor.

July 8, 2009 at 4:31 pm |
  19. Jerry Pirkle, Mississippi

She had 0% chance of National office before she quit and now she still has 0% chance of National office, so nothing has changed. She is still good looking, but I’d rather vote for my pet rock or lava lamp for office.

Jerry / Mississippi

July 8, 2009 at 4:34 pm |
  20. Dee in sunny Florida

No, my view of Palin has not changed one bit. I still think she is sadly lacking in the brains department, and wonder only two things about her.

Since none of the other Republicans who were recently involved in scandals quit, I would like to know if there is ANYTHING that Palin is involved in that is so bad that she knew quitting was her only choice.

Second, I wonder if she seriously thinks she has a chance at another White House try.

July 8, 2009 at 4:37 pm |
  21. Martin in Shoreline, WA

Yes. When she first came on the scene, I thought she had an empty head. Now I think she is a completely uninformed quitter. I wish the Republicans would stop putting up these "aw shucks" types for national office. Furthermore, I wish the rank and file would stop supporting them. I thought George W. was as bad as it could get, then Sarah Palin comes along. Forrest Gump would not make a good President, regardless of how lucky he or she is.

July 8, 2009 at 4:38 pm |
  22. C.K.

Not really, I didn't trust her before, and I still don't trust her now. I don't consider her resignation to be strategic in any way, and in fact, I really see it as a way for her to keep her problems in Alaska covered up.

July 8, 2009 at 4:38 pm |
  23. wolobah, lexington kentucky

Jack, this is just the early reaction of those died hard fans of Palin; eventually they will soon realize that she's not a presidential material. Best thing they can do now is put her in a study session because there are more job to do.

July 8, 2009 at 4:39 pm |
  24. Miguel E. from San Leandro, CA

I'm a liberal democrat who liked John McCain, however his pick of Palin was a disaster. If the republicans pick Palin for their candidate it says they have no one better. Has the party fallen so far that they can't put up intelligent, tolerant and a representative option?

July 8, 2009 at 4:41 pm |
  25. Chris - Denver

Nope. I had no respect for her abilities before, and I still don't.

July 8, 2009 at 4:45 pm |
  26. T. G. from the virgin islands

No. She never had a chance of being the GOP presidential pick in 2012, and her quitting affirmed what I already believed.

July 8, 2009 at 4:47 pm |
  27. Dale

No, not at all. Even after quitting as governor of Alaska, she is still way in over her head politically speaking.

July 8, 2009 at 4:49 pm |
  28. jim Toronto

Yes...before she was just a babbling, know nothing politician who happened to get into the limelight by getting picked as a running mate for mcCain in an ill conceived campaign. Now she is just a babbling, know nothing, soon to be ex governor who is still wanting to steal the limelight.
    If I had any respect for her, (which I don't, ...) I have now lost it 'all'

July 8, 2009 at 4:50 pm |
  29. Alex in Seattle

I thought my already low opinion of her couldn't go any lower, but it did. Nobody likes a quitter, but she is still the darling of the Joe the Plumber wing of the GOP. She now has two years to make some money and get her act together for 2012. Maybe even read some books and newspapers to prepare for her next interview with Katie Couric.

July 8, 2009 at 4:52 pm |
  30. Brian

Jack,

Of course! I think much more highly of her now that she's realized her true place in American politics: MIA.

Brian from Boise, ID

July 8, 2009 at 4:53 pm |
  31. Bruce St Paul MN

Nope. Still cute, but shallow.

July 8, 2009 at 4:54 pm |
  32. Emily, Summit, NJ

Nope! Once a flake; always a flake. You betcha!

July 8, 2009 at 4:54 pm |
  33. Ted

Absolutely not, during the worst economic downturn in decades her effort on behalf of the people of Alaska is to quit. I have always believed Sarah Palin was all over the map and in way over her head. Her quitting proves that at a time when she should be working for the people of her state. Because several months ago John McCain made the biggest mistake of his political career in picking her for a running mate we have had to suffer through Palin on the national scene. Lets be honest here her think tank just does not reach the top floor.

July 8, 2009 at 4:54 pm |
  34. Bennie

Hi Jack:

No, I wish McCain would put that genie back in the bottle. She did grant him his wish of being President. I wish that she would speak in a complete and coherent sentence. I didn't get my wish either.

Bennie
    Avon, IN

July 8, 2009 at 4:55 pm |
  35. Terry from Illinois

Jack,
    I do not care for Palin's eye winking, and poor-me routines so I did not vote for McCain / Palin, but quitting her Governorship of Alaska just ices the cake for me...
    "I will never vote for a "quitter or a winker with no backbone to deal with the media"...
    The last American President to quit was Nixon for breaking laws before resigning... Is Palin in that category???

July 8, 2009 at 4:56 pm |
  36. Kevin

Not at all. I have never liked or respected her.

July 8, 2009 at 4:57 pm |
  37. Russ in Johnston, IA

She is even more of a flake than I thought! 70% of self-proclaimed Republicans would vote for this woman?!? WOW – there is a large group of brain-dead flakes in this country! That woman could not increase her base of supporters no matter how bad Obama's CHANGE platform is. The woman is an air-head – nothing between the ears!

July 8, 2009 at 4:58 pm |
  38. Terry in Texas

Nope, just confirmed them.

July 8, 2009 at 4:58 pm |
  39. John G from Boston

No she was beyond hopeless a long time ago in my view!

July 8, 2009 at 4:59 pm |
  40. Dave in Alabama

Nope!! She didn't make any sense before. She didn't make any sense when she announced she was quitting. Afterward, she didn't make any sense when she explained why she quit. Her habit of stringing incongruent sound bites together to sound articulate just drives me crazy.

July 8, 2009 at 4:59 pm |
  41. Sue from Redwood City

My opinion of her was already as bad as it gets. Palin has done nothing but whine, whine, WHINE since she lost the election. She is not emotionally mature enough to hold any office, much less Governor. I find her very loud self pity to be nauseating and extemely hypocritical. She complains about unfair attacks, this is the same person who campaigned on "Obama paling around with terrorists" and who did nothing to stop the mob shouting Kill! Kill! Kill! during the campaign. She is manipulative, corrupt, devious and only out for herself. I'm sure she will resurface in a month or so like a bad penny, can't stand to be out of the spotlight and will go for negative attention if necessary just like a child. I hope the rumors are true that she stepped down in order to avoid being exposed for even more corruption, that's the only way we won't see more of her!

July 8, 2009 at 4:59 pm |
  42. Michael, Pensacola, FL

My opinion of her has changed, I thought she was an incompetent, underqualified loser before she resigned and now I think she's an incompetent, underqualified loser who will quit when things get tough.

Her record now shows she'd give her last 8 months of the Presidency to her VP just because she doesnt have support in Congress?

July 8, 2009 at 5:00 pm |
  43. Ken in NC

Gov. Palin making one good decision does not justify changing ones view of her. She still poses a threat to polar bears, wolves and the citizens of Alaska.

July 8, 2009 at 5:00 pm |
  44. Mary Beth

No my views have not changed. She is not smart enough to be a governor much less one heart beat a way from being president. Hopefully she will hang a "Gone Fishin" banner on her door and take a trip to Russia!

July 8, 2009 at 5:01 pm |
  45. Mary

She needs to stay out of politics and take care of her children so they can finish getting an education before the family has anymore grandchildren.

July 8, 2009 at 5:03 pm |
  46. JC in Georgia

We already knew she was a quitter ....I always thought her a half baked, starry eyed opportunist who can't handle the heat and regularly relinquishes the kitchen to others while she does the beauty queen act. So no. I have the precise same opinion as before.

July 8, 2009 at 5:04 pm |
  47. Chuck in Sheboygan, WI.

Not one bit, Jack. She's always been a flake and this just solidified my opinion of her. It also solidified my opinion of the people that say they would still vote for her. Yikes.

July 8, 2009 at 5:04 pm |
  48. Scott Stodden

Jack speaking as a die-hard Democrat I would say my views have changed about Sarah Palin. I thought that if she did run for President in 2012 she may have had a shot at winning, that was before she announced she would resign as Governer of Alaska. If I were voting for her as President, which Im not but if I was I would ask myself and others if she cant complete her term as Governer because times are to hard then how can this dimwit handle the job of President Of The United States, she is a quitter and a loser.

Scott Stodden (Freeport,IL)

July 8, 2009 at 5:05 pm |
  49. Meg from Troy, Ohio

Jack–
    I just don't understand her attraction. She leaves her elected job in mid-term without a coherent reason. When she speaks, her ideas are unformed and immature. She must be the only Republican game in town, I guess. I wouldn't vote for her for any elected job. I don't think that she has enough experience, and I don't think she's willing to improve her grasp of national and world situations. Why are we even discussing her?

July 8, 2009 at 5:05 pm |
  50. chuck b / coastal n.carolina

It proves what I've been saying since she came on the scene last year.... she appears to be weak,when she does not get her way she will quit, she has no backbone.....and now we she she does not.No matter how you try to spin this.... she is weak,yellow,and a sore loser.....

July 8, 2009 at 5:06 pm |
  51. Michael Texas

She sounds like the folks at the dinner table. Maybe more than what the media can digest.

July 8, 2009 at 5:07 pm |
  52. James in Dublin, OH

No, it has not changed my opinion one bit. As long as she stays up there in Alaska and keeps her eye on Russia, America will be much better off. By the way, she's not dilusional or disingenuous, she's just not that bright.

July 8, 2009 at 5:08 pm |
  53. Christel

Nope because I was never gonna vote for Klondike Barbie anyway!

July 8, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  54. Annie, Atlanta

No. She’s still the most divisive hateful character ever unleashed onto the political scene. Now add whiner, martyr, and quitter to the mix. I’m wondering when McCain will man up and apologize to us for said unleashing.

July 8, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  55. Jason

No, but my opinion of the American people has. 43% of all Americans would vote for her for President? This is ridiculous. The poll must be flawed.

Jason
    Schenectady, NY

July 8, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  56. tantef

Yes, I always thought she was an idiot and now I am sure.

July 8, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  57. Erik

Yes! Now she is double stupid.

July 8, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  58. Ethan

No,my view of her has not changed. She's still an idiot,and a loser.

59. Lisa M.

I have never liked Sarah Palin anyway. I think there is something coming out about her that she is trying to hide.

60. Gwen of Tucker GA.

No...Palin talks to much...uneducated...and almost seem stupid when it come to real issues in our country.

61. David

My opinion of Sarah Palin hasn't changed at all. I had a low opinion of her before her announcement, and I still do.

David

New York

62. Jack on Maui

No change in my opinion. I still think she's an idiot. I remain extraordinarily underwhelmed.

63. Maude from NYC & Western MA

My opinion has not changed – I already thought she was certifiable and disingenuous.

64. Dicky Neely

Hi Jack,
    Yes Jack, my views have changed about Palin. I think she's nuttier than I ever thought before!
    Dicky Neely
    Corpus Christi, Tx.

65. Valerie in Raleigh

Jack – No sir, they have not changed. I am still totally amazed that any clear-thinking person could believe that she is ready and capable of holding a higher position in the Republican Party. I am surprised that she was elected governor of Alaska. She has a loyal following in the far-right wing of the Republican Party but fares poorly with Independents and Democrats. I would love to see a woman as President of VP but it has to be a women that is qualified for the position and Sarah Palin is not.

Valerie in North Carolina

66. Linda Pollack Mercer, MD

Who in the world did they poll? I can't believe that almost half the country would vote for this woman for President after she's shown she's totally unequipped to deal with the issues.

67. dave

no,it will not. her being governor does not say much for the people of alaska. hopefully she will crawl into her igloo and never be seen or heard from again!!!!!!!!

68. Billy, Chicago

Only for the worse. This woman is really trying to milk the media... as they say bad publicity is better than no publicity. Just tell us when the book comes out and spare us the dog and pony!

69. richard morrisroe

My view of Sarah Palin have not changed, Jack. She is as unequipped to be president now as she was in November.

70. Barb

No, this doesn't change my opinion. I thought she was a flake during the presidential campaign, and now, she's proven that she truely is a flake.

71. larry palm beach

Yes they have Jack.
    She's still beautiful, very engaging, funny and what guy doesn't like a woman who wanted to anchor sportscenter and can field dress a moose.
    Now she is all that and a quitter.

72. Dominic

Jack,
    No my opinion of her hasn't changed. Her quitting has only reinforced what I already knew; she's completely incompetent.

73. Mike in FL

My opinion of Sarah Palin hasn't changed – she was an idiot then and she's still an idiot.

74. Andrew

My opinion of her didn't change at all. I had a low opinion of her before and it is still low.

75. Carla, Wyoming

Nope, she still says immensely stupid things and is still whining!

76. Josh

No. I viewed her as a fool prior to quitiing and I still view her as a fool.

77. Dawson from Minneapolis, MN

Nope my opinion of her hasn't change a bit. I still think she's hot...

78. Shelley

My views have not changed. I thought she was out of touch before, and now am justified in my opinion. I guess she ran out of kids to exploit, so needed something new to drum up attention.

79. Tricia

No, I've always thought she was unfit and this just confirms it.

80. Amy

Absolutely. This says a lot of her work ethics. Politics is an ugly game at times. Obstacles are to be expected and anticipated. To me, this says that she will run when things get tough. This is not a quality I want in MY president.

81. Ashley

Of course, Jack. What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? A pit bull doesn't quit.

82. Scott in California

No. I still think she's a few cans short of Joe the Plumber's six pack.

83. Don Brattin

Have my opinions changed? No! Once a fruitcake..always a friutcake. I don't care for fruitcake.

84. Ray

Yes they have changed. What does it say about a person who QUITS without reason before their finished? It really makes you wonder about the character of that individual and it's not someone I want running my country.

-Ray
    Baltimore, Maryland

85. Zach

No Jack. She is still an idiot, and she would not get me vote. I don't care how smart she is, I would rather vote for Hillary Clinton in a presidential election. At least Hillary has brains, and knows what she is talking about.

86. Jeff Peters

No, my views have not been changed. She is still proof that most Americans either don't pay attention or just don't care. She is a toxic presence in an already polluted political landscape.

Jeff Peters
    Orlando

87. David B

I never liked Sarah Palin, and although this doesn't make me feel any worse about her, it certainly doesn't make me feel any better. I think it's what she does next that will determine whether or not she has a political future ahead of her – if she even really wants one.

88. martha

No. I will never get the image of the turkey slaughter with a chirpy Palin out of my head ever. After that, she couldn't do anything to change my view of her.

89. Kevin

Why are we still talking about Carribou Barbie? My opinion is same as it was in 2008. SHE IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't vote for her if she ran for dog catcher!

90. Derek

My opinion of her hasn't changed. I already thought she was an unpredictable, scary person who puts self promotion above anything else. This is step 1 in running for president in 2012 and we all knew that was coming already. She was scary before and she is scary now and until she leaves public service she'll continue to be scary.

91. James Richmond Virginia

Yes, my opinion of Sara Palin has changed since she resigned as govenor of Alasks. I am now further convinced that Edith Bunker would make a better politician.

92. Karl from SF, CA

No, I was hoping we had seen the last of her before she quit and that hasn't changed. I am a bit more hopeful it will happen though now that she has quit.

93. Michael

Didn't like her then, still don't like her now. So I guess the answer is 'no'. Ron Paul 2012.

Bloomington, IL

94. Tricia, Florida

No, I didn't think much of her before, and I don't think much of her now. I pray that she isn't seriously thinking of running for president in four years.

95. Ron from Texas

Are you kidding? If she couldn't complete the job as Governor, she should not hold any higher office. She's a QUITTER and a RUNNER.

96. Beth

"In fact, 70-percent of those surveyed said Palin’s decision to resign had no effect on their opinion of her at all. Go figure."

Jack - When your opinion of someone's ability is already extremely low, another dumb move can't really take it any lower.

97. Judy Mascolino

I didn't think my opinion of Sarah Palin could get worse, but it has! The woman is an unpredictable lunatic and is in NO way presidential material. How stupid can Americans be? Haven't we learned enough from the mess George Bush, who was none too bright ????

98. George

Palin's resignation didn't change my opinion of her, it confirmed it.

99. Linda Herbert

I think she's crazier than ever! It's hard to believe the high numbers of Palin supporters the recent Gallop Poll suggests. It's a frightening thought that so many Americans stand behind Palin.

100. Albert Gonzalez

NO! Its way to early to count her out.

101. R. Dale Woosley

No change in MY opinion since she announced that she would be leaving the governor's chair....

102. Phillip E. Payne

No, it hasn't changed at all. I thought she was "Looney Toons" then and think the same now.

No one changes the system from the outside, unless they're a terrorist, so why not stay in office and change the system if she feels so strongly?

Phil Hopkins, Michigan

103. bob

She was a putz, is a putz, and will always be a putz. Quitting in the middle of her job – what a tool. And the schmucks who say that is not a negative – boy, are they stupid.
    Midlothian, TX.

104. Terry, Chandler AZ

All I can say is that McCain or the RNC (or who ever decided that Sarah would be the vp candidate) created a monster. The media continues to feed the monster.

105. Kathy Ward

Jack, My views of Sarah Palin haven't changed. I thought she was a whack job before she resigned as governor and I still think she's a whack job. God help us all.

106. Kate, Belen, New Mexico

Definately NOT!! I already thought she was a "flake." She just keeps telling me I'm right!

107. Dale - Atlanta

Yes. My opinion of her is now sub-zero, instead of just zero. She is an insult to any American citizen with any intelligence or integrity.

108. Vicky

My opinion has not changed on Sarah Palin at all; I think she's just as wacky now as she was as the Republican V.P. candidate.
    Vicky

109. Nick D. Neighbour

No. I thought she was a Bubble-Headed Twit before, and I STILL think she's a Bubble-Headed Twit!
    Nick. N.
    Pasadena. CA.

110. Ryan C.

If intelligence were a function of public speech ability, Sarah Palin would be Gomer Pyle. She wasn't fit for prime-time when John McCain plucked her from obscurity. This is just another nail in the coffin of what used to be her political career. It's almost sad.

111. Jeff of Peoria

Jeff from Peoria IL

No Jack. She lost me as she went through the process during the election. I still voted for McCain but I hope I don't have to vote for her. She was not ready but she'll make it through the Primary's because she's all about anti-abortion and anti-gay and that's what the Primary's are all about on both sides.

Who can be the most Pro-Choice or Pro-Life.

112. Pati in FL

My view hasn't changed...I still think she is underqualified and not intelligent enough to hold ANY office. And her quitting doesn't make her less cruel to animals.

113. Ian, Canada

No, but then I didn't have much of her in the first place. Thank God she's your problem and not ours! As for her future, I see her as THE GOP kingmaker. No one becomes the nominee without her support. Goodbye party.

114. Stephanie

Yes Jack, my opinion of Sarah Palin has changed since she announced her resignation. It has gone from being an opinion to being a fact: Sarah Palin is, in fact, completely detached from reality.

115. Mark

Yes, my opinion has changed. She's even more wacko than I ever thought she could be.

116. Gail Lakritz

Heck, no, it didn't change my mind about Sarah. Didn't trust her before, don't trust her now. Maybe that is why so many Republicans answered the same way.

117. Lisa Hall

Nope, it hasn't changed a bit. A goof is always a goof. I wouldn't vote for her to be dog catcher. And who were contacted in that poll? All Southerners and Alaskans?

118. MaryGrace Feeney

No, my attitudes haven't changed about Palin; she is still a whining, self-aggrandizing poor excuse for a woman. By golly, she has just underscored all the things wrong with her the first time around. And yes, she is a quitter. btw, can you define lame duck for me? Her definition and mine are somewhat different.

119. Stephanie Parks

My opinion of Sarah Palin has not changed. I still think she is uneducated, provincial and needs a lot of work to be worthy of consideration as a national leader. And the first thing she has to learn is that all politicos are subject to assault by the media, and anyone who seeks national office has to be able to withstand such an assault.

Stephanie from Tucson

120. Anne Favor, Arizona

I thought she was ignorant – now I know just how lazy she is. Imagine if every politician quit half way through their term and I say half way since she really has been AWOL since the nomination last summer.

121. Eric, Las Vegas

My opinion of Sarah Palin has not changed at all. However, that she's still held up so high by the public scares the hell out of me. I really hope she doesn't get elected into the Presidency; but (God forbid) if she does, I hope she doesn't decide it's time to fight Global politics (unconventionally, mind you) and leave the White House. 'nuff said.

122. Caroline

I haven't changed my mind at all, will support her 100%, bring her one, we need someone else to take over.

123. pat

No Change, Jack! We thought she was incompetent before she announced, and she remains incompetent!

124. Chichi

Jack,my views have not changed since she announced her acquittal and that is she is not fit or capable enough to be governor or president in the near future.It does not surprise me that she still has a favourable approval rating.She is gorgeous and looks good on TV.Also doesn't this tell you Jack that a good number of Americans glorify the lack of intelligence and clarity that most politicians exhibit on issues that matter most.

Chichi from Toronto

125. Tom

Jack,

My opinion of Sarah Palin has not changed in the least. I considered her a complete whack job last year, and I consider her a complete whack job this year. Anyone who would so much as consider voting for so incompetent, bumbling, and downright foolish a candidate should be institutionalized.

tom from Wooster, Ohio

126. Diego

Honestly? 70% said their opinion of her hasn't changed?! If she quits halfway through her first term as governor because of pressure, imagine the train wreck that could occur if we vote for her in 2012?! She's not a fighter, she's soft as a marshmallow.

127. Paula

My opinion of Governor Palin has not changed at all. She would have never made a good candidate for president, and now she has confirmed it. You don't quit in the middle of your term because you have people opposing you or investigating you or picking on you. That is the life of a politician. You work for the people, and have to answer to them. She doesn't know how to play in the sandbox, and should go home.

128. Tere

No not at all. She's a gutsy, down to earth woman and I share her values.

129. Marion

If being governor of Alaska is so hard that she quit after two years, how long would Sarah Palin last as President?

130. donna bernard

Palin is still talking a lot and saying nothing; she's the proverbial legend in mher own mind. My 23 y/o grand-daughter with a degree in marketing knows more about the world and how it works than she will. To be so blind to what is going on around her is frightening.

131. Bill Norman

She is a perfect politician. No brains, she quit, next I'm sure some sort of dasterdly dead will surface. It's the political way. Term limits???? Way past time. Palin knows so little about world politics which makes her QUALIFIED! Go ahead Republicans.....vote for another loser!

132. Lyn Phillips

No, my opinion of her is unchanged. The reasons she gave made good sense.

133. Jennifer

No ... my opinion has only be reinforced ... she's a flake.

134. Jerome

Still would vote foe Sarah Palin, Trust her more than BHO.

135. Jeff

Sarah Palin's decision to leave her post as governor has not changed my opinion of her. If anything, her decision has reaffirmed my confidence in her abilities and judgement. The lady knows what she is doing, no question in my mind. Thank you.

Jeff
    Oklahoma City, OK

136. A.H., Manchester NH

No, Sarah Palin still makes me gag. At least with her out of office, maybe more progressive Alaskans will stop her hideous wolf genocide program.

137. Susan

My views haven't changed-I always held this wack job in contempt and still do.

138. Jack Richmond Hill, GA

My views have not changed of Sarah Palin. If she's crumbling under the pressure of every negative thing people have to say about her and her family while she's simply JUST governor, how is she going to handle it if she plans to run for the presidency? I imagine the pressure is far greater!

139. Marge Grant

Well, Jack, I guess my opinion has changed a little. Before I only thought she was idiot. Now I know.

140. Eric S. Dean

No, I still think she is inapt.

141. Angela

Nope, didn't like her before and don't like her now.

142. Trystan

Nope, her resignation hasn't changed a thing. Maybe if she has a radical personality change and her IQ increases dramatically my opinion would change, but otherwise, she's still the same unqualified, ignorant person she was when she ran for VP. You bet'cha.

143. Ann

Absolutely not!!!!!!!!!! It just confirms my opinion of her. Lord, helps if she does run for President and gets elected.

144. vgirl1(tampa)

No. But my views of America have if the pole is accurate that 40+% of independents would vote for this woman for President. God have mercy on our country if these independents really believe a woman with Palin's llevel of knowledge is competent enough to lead the most powerful democratic country in the world. Kruschev was right. We will bury ourselves from within.

145. Stephen

No Jack, my opinion of Sarah Palin hasn't changed. I thought she was an incompetent, rude, and arrogant woman before, and this new revelation has only helped to reinforce that point of view

146. Michele White

I was never crazy about Sarah Palin, but my opinion has been affected by her resignation in a very negative way. I would not support her in the future, and I would be extremely leery of a Republican party that considers putting her name in the hat for 2012.

147. Michael

Nope, she's still a rambling idiot in my book....who has quit on her state, but a rambling idiot nonetheless. That explains why she would be a perfect representative for a huge portion of the electorate...liberal or conservative. I'm surprised she isn't polling even better.

148. Jan in Missouri

No, my views of Gov. Palin have not changed. She reinforced the idea I've had from the first, that she is dingy around the edges. If she really is writing a book, I hope she has a good editor, because I could never figure out what she means when she speaks, and she probably writes the same way. I suppose her rambling from subject to subject, interspersed with criticism of the media, gives her "plausible deniability." She should live in Iran, China, or North Korea, if she doesn't like the media. There, they only speak as the Government gives them license to speak. The woman is a sad indictment of womanhood in this country.

149. Army DeShun

No, Mr. Cafferty...my views have not changed. She is the same Sarah that I remember...blissfully ignorant.

150. Tim Kenny

Yes, Jack, my view of Sarah Palin has changed. Initially, I saw her as and uninformed rookie striving for media attention. Now, I also see her as one who lacks follow-through, discipline, and respect for her constituents. She needs to stay on the fishing boat and drift away with the rest of the dead fish.

Tim Kenny
    Westminster, CO

151. Karl Pershing

She is an idiot and should never be president. I have no idea why she is not a governor anymore! Republicans are insane if they are going to vote for her! We left Ron Paul and are going to vote for Palin???? Are we stupid? What is taking place in this country? Why are we Americans so stupid? Wake up Americans... Our nation is going down fast. We should not even talk about her at this point.

152. Tom in New Hope, MN

My opinion of her has not changed. She still remains woefully unqualified. If she is all the Republicans have to offer up as a presidential candidate out of 300,000,000 people our political system is not working properly.

153. elsa olsen

I am becoming very interested in Palin, who keeps on going and going, like the energizer bunny, despite the continual attacks of the press.

154. cheryl collins

Sara palin is so anxious to "serve" her people, her country etc. yet I think she is not 'Fit" to serve in a political capacity, due to her obvious lack of wisdom and education on the issues at hand. She needs to take care of her family, write her book if she wishes and serve her church if she cares to serve. I am a 63 yrs old Mom of three, career woman and feminist. She does not speak to my issues in any way, other than not wanting her kids to pay for her mistakes. I would not vote for her in any capacity. And that hasnt changed.

155. toni alston

jack my opinion of sarah palin has not changed at all! i knew she was quitter an thats what exactly what she is! how can the republican party take her serious she coudnt even finish her term! wow if she is the best of the rep. party the dems. will hold power for a long time!

156. Lynne

I can only assume, by her actions in Alaska, if elected to the presidency, she would feel no obligation to fulfill her full term in office.

157. Angelina

Who was it said that you can never underestimate the stupidity of SOME of the American people? Nothing surprises me anymore, after they stuck us with Arnold here in CA...she has "egg scrambles" other than press conferences...she's CLEARLY not cut out to take political pressure....yet these people would vote for her in as president...can you imagine if McCain would of won???, than something had happened to him, thereby having her as PREZ......SHEEEESH!

158. Douglas

yes jack, i use to think she was an airhead, now i KNOW shes an idiot as well. for her to say shes not a quitter when shes quit city council to run for mayor, quit as mayor to run for governor, and now is quitting as governor for god knows what proves she IS a quiter! for her also to say that governors do nothing their last year in office is a slap in the face to the office of governor in all 50 states. for her to praise all the great things her cabinet has done then to just quit rather instead attempting to accomplish more shows she is just out of touch.

159. Elle W.

Well, Jack, my opinion has changed a bit. If she's quitting due to a scandal-good for her. If there's anything that I hate, it's pathetic politicians trying desperately to hang on to their seat. Also, if she can't even finish one term as gov. of Alaska, she should (hopefully) be out of the national political spotlight for good– which I would love to see!

160. LoriG

Yes,my opinion of Palin has changed.......I disike her even more that I did last year. Now,she's not just crazy,she's a crazy quitter!

161. nancy

I think the media has tried to destroy Sarah Palin, but she is going to come back stronger than ever. I will vote for her for sure! I am sick of the Republicians and Democrats, both are afraid of her taking votes away from them.

July 8, 2009 at 5:13 pm |
  162. Andrew (Fremont, CA)

My impression of Palin could have changed drastically for the better, only if her contact with the press at that time hadn't been as rambling and incoherent as it was during her run for Vice President.

163. Dot Livengood

Absolutely not, I hink she needed a break-(I wish congress all of them) would take a break-they are not what we need to run this country. Maybe she is seeing something we don't see-let's hope so-I like her no matter what-she is as smart as those goofs in the white house and the (bottom-up scoundrels) running congress-I can't judge her either way-but I can't ever say-whatever she does-is no worse what congress is doing to us-maybe Obama will take a long break away too-a real long break!

164. Tom J from the Great Northwest

Since about to be ex-Governor Palin spoke about the 'Department of Law', perhaps she is interested in becoming head of the 'Department of In-Charge'.
    No, no change in seeing her as absolutely inexperienced, not ready for prime-time employment, and a bit wooden-headed.

165. Ron

No, my opinion and views of Sarah Palin have not changed. Begala doesn't have a clue what the average American thinks. If Sarah runs for president, she's got my vote. This communist that is currently in office has got to go.

166. tony

hey jack you got too be kiddin me! sarah palin run for anything!dont you have too have any intelligence anymore too run for office!

167. Ernie Naples Fl

No, just reinforced them. I never thought there could be anyone more inarticulate than George Bush, but there you go. Its scary to think that this woman could have been a heartbeat away from the presidency. The only thing that scares me more than this wacko, are the people who would vote for her.

168. John from Chicago

Nope, they're still neagative

169. Phillip E. Payne

Phil in Hopkins, Michigan

170. Carol

For some reason the media has consistently portrayed her as somewhat silly, someone to poke fun at. I am not sure why. She is much more a "regular American women" rather than a Hillary Clinton or even Michelle O. I believe her to be a sincere person. I'd like to see what she could do in office. Her resignation was a surprise, but her explanation made sense: too many lawsuits, too much wasted time and money.

171. philps

No, my views about Sarah Palin is till intact.Infact, it has increased. Sarah is very smart and i think she's the person we need to turn America around. I'll vote for her if she runs for the President of the United States, even today.

172. Nancy, Tennessee

No, I still think she is a dingbat. It's hard to criticize another woman who is trying to make her way in a man's world, but she is not equiped to deal with world politics. I still have not forgotten how embarrassed I was for her when she made so many blunders when she was interviewed during the 2008 election. If she spends the next 3 1/2 years studying about the world she lives in, she might be ready to run for President. She has a lot to learn.

173. John Thomas

No, she was not qualified when she was picked for vice-president and she is still not qualified. Every action and every speech she makes indicates as much. I did not and do not want to see her as qualified to be president of the United States or quite frankly any office. Media star? Maybe!

174. Jason, Koloa, HI

No Jack, just like most intelligent Americans I am in fear of this woman ever attaining any federal office. The real issue here is the worth of the polls you love so much. You can't poll cell phones and as a person who works in the cellular industry I am finding less than half of my customers still have land lines and there is a disproportionate number of older people in these supposedly accurate polls that the media loves to parade as facts. Until the half of the America, mostly younger people, get polled in your topics, they are going to continue to be way off base.

175. Frederick

America is a great Nation,you should be able to field a smarter candidate than Sarah Palin .

176. Samuel C

After watching an interview with her while she went fishing this weekend, I have to say I've garnered some, mark it, some respect for her. She reminds me of Jimmy Carter in the sense that she's a very down home and likable person. But thats the key word, she's a likable person. If we wanted someone who was likable in office we'd elect Bill Gates or Oprah, but we don't. We want someone who can get the job done while maintaining a good economy AND a good foreign image of us. To quote Darth Cheney, "no middle ground".

177. mike

What kind of country do we live in when after her vice presidential bid and quitting as governor people would actually consider voting for her. I am thinking about Canada, I am leaving.

178. Susan Mosher

Absolutely not! I think Sarah Palin is inspiring, and a great leader. John McCain wouldn't have picked her for his running mate if he didn't feel so. She is refreshingly honest, caring, and has the integrity that we need in governement today as so many of our political leaders are self serving men and women looking out for #1, and not the rest of us! Go Sarah!

179. Scott

Jack, her quitting has done nothing but drive home the truth. She’s just not up for the Job, not then not ever!
    Scott, Austin Texas

180. calis sims

Yes, my opinion of Sarah Palin has changed since she announced her departure as governor. Before I thought that she was an opportunistic phony trying to ride the political gravy train. Now I think that she is an opportunistic phony with an ego bigger than Rush Limbaugh.

181. Melissa

Yes my view of her has changed. I knew she didn't have a clue but I thought she was gutsy and not a quitter. Her excuse for quitting and analogy to a point guard tells me that she's clueless as well. I think she believes we're as stupid and gullible as she's portrayed in the media.

182. Darryl

No I didn't care for her then, and I still don't care for her.

183. lee in MN

She has not changed one iota as she is still babbling bag of jumbled words. is this what the 21st Century GOP has dropped to. Unfortunately, we have an identical version of her in Minnesota with Michelle Bachmann. The GOP has to be capable of doing better, but you know 75% would vote for the GOP elephant.

184. Tommy

No she is what I thought she was this whole time. The republican party will have to be a little more creative than trying to create a "token" the will appeal to the american people. This proves she wasnt ready for the White House.

185. ron

No, it has not changed about Sarah Palin. I'm a blk republican, and I thought she was dumb as rocks as a vp candidate, and I definately think she is now more so!! I lov the repuublican party, but should republicans continue to travel this road with Pakin, I will loose total respect for the party. I pray this doesn't happen.

A Reagan man forever,

Ron

Chicago, Il.

186. Georgia Sobiech

I look forward to listening to Sarah Palin as she moves forward with her plans. She can always be counted on to either put her foot firmly in her mouth or very close. That's IF you can understand what she is saying/meaning as she rambles. She will be enormously entertaining although sadly embarassing for her party.

187. Kevin L. / Omaha, NE

My view have not changed about Sarah Palin. We don't need another Pres we can have a beer with. That has PROVEN not to be a wise deceision when it comes to our leaders. (Bush) Likeable, yes. But not one I want to follow or lead the country. Quitting doesn't mean to stop. But, she didn't finish what she started. As far as media, you do have to have thick skin so maybe she's not right for that office.

188. grammiej

My opinion of Palin has lessened since her announcement. Her comments were not understandable and made no sense. Her comments about "quitters",,,oh WOW, that was off the roof. I think she found her calling, FISHING, she is good at that. One good thing about fish, they cannot file ethics complaints about you, so she can fish forever without fear from complaints or the media.

189. Kevin M

Not one bit. Ever since her introduction at last year's Republican convention, I've seen Palin for what she is: a fetish candidate that the far right loves just because she makes the left squirm.

190. George Nadin

Sarah Palin has been the brunt of a lot of democratic diatribe. Could that be because she could beat out the incumbent's in charge on the next term?

Signed,

Sick of sick politics!

191. Marcus

If Sarah Palin can't handle the pressure of governor, how in the world would she be able to handle the pressures of President...maybe she can name Dick Cheney her chief of staff.

192. Chris E. Virginia Beach

Not at all Jack. The woman is as ignorant and narcissistic as ever. She is a danger to society even in Alaska. Isn't America tired of hack politicians with ethics charges against them? Sarah Palin is everything that embodies another lying crook from the republican party.

193. Shawn Jefferds

Not sure that it changed my opinion, more on the lines of reaffirming my belief that she was not suited to the job of Vice President of the United States.

Please, take a look at politics through the two prior administrations. It's degraded to an ongoing battle in character assassination. If you don't like being the target of the other parties constant, unrelenting microscopic examination for any trait that would indicate you are a mere mortal, you have no business anywhere near the White House.

194. Ray

I think of her the same since was elected until after her time as Governor of Alaska. Shouldn't I be quick to judge when she seems vain and after attention for herself? If the poll is correct, it only shows the future of our newly bizarre nation. We should be ashamed of our preposterous minds for liking this circus we call the Palin family. I hope to God we see the end of this madness of the individual masses!

195. Pat

No, my opinion of Sarah Palin has not changed. I don't believe she should hold a high office – vice president, president or any other position in the governing of this country. I do think we should leave her alone – and she in turn should stay in Alaska and take care of her family. She is indeed not what I want in a leader for this country.

196. Ben

Yes, if Palin wants to position herself for a presidential run, it seems like political suicide to quit one elected position and run for another. If she cannot handle the people of Alaska, what possibly makes her think she can handle the American people?

197. Peter Montoya

My opinion of Sarah Palin has not changed. It was obvious from the beginning that she does not take her responsibility to the public seriously or else she would have never quit. If Sarah Palin fails to fade into political obscurity, I will be increasingly ashamed of the state of the GOP.

198. Dawn - New York City

Nope. Still think Sarah's just as much of a ditz now as before her resignation. I'm tired of hearing everyone say how there's a 'fascination' with Palin. Don't they realize we tune in just to see her fall all over herself. That's why the ratings were so high for the VP debate. It's entertaining to watch an incoherent, inarticulate politician with zero depth try to position herself for the presidency. Not gonna happen, Jack.

199. Reggie Canson

Winners never QUIT, QUITERS never win. She won't even admit she is a quiter. She is a looser, always was, always will be. One thing is sure, she WILL NEVER SHUT HER BIG MOUTH!

200. Bob

No, I think she needs to get out of politics she has no clue what she is doing or wants to do as we can see now. Is this the kind of leader we want running our country? What is wrong with these people that are being polled.

201. Mike

Honestly, it hasn't. I'm not sure Palin can possibly do anything to surprise me, much less change my opinion of her. Forget whether or not the media is "fair" to her or not, I can't understand why she's still in the news.

202. Joseph Wardy...Randolph, NJ

My opinion of Sarah Palin has not changed since she was named a candidiate for Vice President, Ms.Palin is way over head as a viable candidate for President. As she did when interviewed by Katie Couric, her news conference was amateurism sounding morre like a high school Student Council President than a The Presidnet of the United States. The thought of her handling an international crisis is downright scary!

Palin should stick to the monolog of speeches and avoid anything that resemples interaction. When she begins earning her millions, she can sit in her Alaska home and take a great view of Russia!

203. dencie gregson

I liked her before she resigned and think she will make a great president.. Go for it Sarah

204. Pimezon

Nothing about her is going to change. So there is no way my opinion about her is going to change – shes will be the same creationist right wing anti-science republican/

205. Bruce Pivic

I guess I my opinion has become stronger that she is not ready for politics. She was not ready to be our vice president, but most of all she now has showed us that she can not take the heat. I think she has killed her chances for future political outreaches. Other Republicans should run as fast as they can from her to avoid the continued outpooring of no class, no clue, and not enough brains to stick it out to the end.

206. Demi, 9th grader from Los Angeles

Yeah they changed. I'm afraid she's gonna run for president. If she's running my country in 4 years I'm moving to Canada.

207. Cathy

If she ever became Pres (heaven forbid), most likely she'd quit for $greener pastures during her lame-duck term.

208. RA WILLIAMS

Scary thought of Sarah Palin making any kind of policy or decisions concerning our Country.

209. Ken Fleet

As an independent voter, my opinion about Palin has not changed. I would vote for her right now!

210. Army DeShun

No, Mr. Cafferty…my views have not changed. She is the same Sarah that I remember…this latest "thing" of hers only reenforces my opinion of her state of mind...blissfully ignorant.

211. Carl / Austin TX

Jack

IF GREAT LEADERS IN HISTORY ACTED LIKE SARAH PALIN

Thomas Jefferson: "When in the course of human events, yada, yada, yada ..."

Patrick Henry: "Give me liberty or ... OK, can you go over the options again?"

George Washington: "That river looks pretty cold. Let's attack Trenton in the spring."

Rosa Parks: "Oh, this is your seat? So sorry. I'll move."

Martin Luther King Jr.: "If those southern racists are going to be so mean, let's just forget it."

Of course my Opinion of her has changed, I am now firmly confident that I was right all along in how poor of a choice John McCain made in choosing her as a running mate to begin with.

212. Dora

I never cared for Sarah Palin, even less now. Why would any American want a six-pack, soccer mom representing our country in the presence of world leaders? I want someone with refinement, well versed in world affairs who can stand ground and gain the respect of those with whom she'd have to deal. NO, NO, NO Sarah Palin for this country PLEASE! I think I want Thomas Jefferson.

213. Joe in Virginia

Nope, she's still an idiot...

214. Jim

I think she might be the smartest one in the bunch. She gets out from under those trying to discredit her and now she can see how many people will rally behind her for a possible future run. Either way she wins.

215. Patti Manley

Sorry Jack,
    Palin is a disaster for the American people. But what really worries me is that your recent "poll" showed 40% of those polled would vote for her? This is worrisome....to say the least.
    Patti in Florida

216. Bill Denegar

Nope, she didn't enthuse me last year, and she doesn't enthuse me this year, and it is unlikely that she will enthuse me next year.

217. Carnell

She gambled and may have won I TRULY HOPE NOT PLEASE GOD but the republican party of no will stand behind anyone they think will be able to stand against Obama in 2012. They love her

218. Matt

Why are we still talking about this woman? Seriously?? High school kids know more about our gov and politics than she does. She needs to go get a talk show and get embarrassed daily by guests she has on her show...

219. Christopher McClain

I thought very little of Sarah Palin in the first place, so all this does is make me think even less of her. I think it is very unprofessional for her to resign in the middle of her term. For shame.

Eaton, Ohio

220. Boyd Andersen

NO my view of Sarah Palin has not changed. If fact I respect her more. She is a leader and not afraid of the media and certainly not afraid of any of Clinton’s suck ups like Begala.

Full speed ahead Mrs. Palin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

221. jan

I think this is a farce and if Palin is elected, I would enjoy moving out of the U.S.

The people who voted must be republican and it is a joke and a half.

222. Gwen, New Jersey

No. I thought she was not a good choice for president before. So her decision to abandon her office because she didn't want to be a lame duck governor, just confirms it. If she became president and discovered she was a lame duck president would she quit that office also?

223. Gary Wichita

No, Jack my opinion of Sarah Palin has not changed. I think she is still the same ditzy, ill-informed, scandal ridden right winger that the Republican party has decided to align itself with these last few years. My only question of Palin is what took her so long to realize that she is more a detriment than an asset to the people of Alaska.

224. David Medina

Absolutely not! She's still an idiot, and proves it every time she opens her mouth. Sure hope she doesn't read this, and eventually become President, she might just haul me before the "Department of Law".

225. Dee McDonald

My opinion of Sarah Palin hasn't changed, anyone that the Main Stream Media beats up, and looks down on is worth my attention

Dee McDonald,
    Evanston, IL

226. Rod from Chicago

The answer to your question is YES. I now know that she has absolutely no chance of doing to our Country what George W Bush did, and that is having it ran by someone that you might have liked. She does not have a clue about what is going on. I’m sorry Jack, but I once wanted to be an astronaut and was too lazy to do any studying. This is exactly what will be taking place if she ran for the Presidency. Does anyone care anymore about having someone that is highly qualified as our President, perhaps not?

227. kgeukes

Jack she's the same sorry politician she was when McCain picked her for VP. There aren't a lot people around here that care what she does

228. Joseph Topek

Sarah Palin is just as unworldly and incoherent on important national policy issues as she was before she resigned. So the answer is no, my opinion of her has not changed.
    Joseph Topek
    Stony Brook, New York

229. Dana

No! Her flighty comments during the election of 2008 @ most speeches or interview she was all over the map no wonder she wants out of Alaska Politics I think they finally caught up to her!

230. Michael Moran

My opinion of Sarah Palin is still the same. She's a very educated and accomplished woman who has achieved incredible strides in spite of being completely nuts.

231. Ronn from Waldport, Oregon

My wife won't vote for her now and I never would.

232. Buddy in Illinois

Jack,

Did Palin's resignation change my opinion of her? Absolutely not. The fact that she would not finish her term and her explanation that resigning did not make her a quitter only reinforced by belief that she is a complete ditz. Good bye and good ridence.

233. Scott Leyva

My views of Palin have not changed. From the beginning I felt she was an opportunist looking to do whatever it takes to get ahead.

If Americans actuallly voted her back into office, especially the Presidency, we would be in trouble once that job was too hard and she quits again!

By the way Jack I am halfway through your book "Now or Never" and i love how you let people know how you really feel about some of the stupid things they do.

234. Vana

Jack,

who in the world are they polling when they ask these Sarah Palin for president questions. She is just a loopy as she was during the presidential campaign. I don't see what the fascination with this absent minded women is. My opinion of her is the same as it was 8 months ago, if she becomes president, I will personally mail back my newly obtained citizenship papers.

Where are all of the smart republican women? Come out, come out where ever you are!

235. Sue

No, I didn't trust Sarah Palin prior to her resignation, and I still don't since.
    Between the building of her house, her various comments last fall, etc., I am skeptical.

236. Mark

I still have the same opinion of her that I did back in November. She proved then that she wasn't ready for the job to be the vice president. She has now proved that she can't handle being the governor of Alaska. Even if I was a republican I would never vote for someone who buckles under pressure when things get a little rough. It's time for Anchorage Annie to just disappear and wright her book so we can all begin to forget her.

237. Marian

My opinion of Sarah Palin did not change one bit when I heard that she was resigning as the governor of Alaska. Before her press conference in Wasilla I had a very low opinoin of her – and I still do!

238. Steven Davidson

No my opinion is the same. I believe that anyone that desires to ban any book from a library does not belong anywhere near an elected position. I also believe that Tina Fay portrayed Palin as a dumb ditz because thats the way she comes across on TV. Tina Fay did not hurt her she hurt herself.

239. Carter in South Dakota

No. Absolutely not. It makes the situation even worse when she says that she is not a quitter, days after she announced she is quitting her job as Governor in her first term. It is absolutely crazy that people still even like this woman, and think that she still has a political career in the near future. She is media starved, and after being out of the spotlight ever since the election, she continues to pull things out of her "big bag o' puns" so she can be on the News. You Betcha

240. Richard Carnley

My view of Sarah Palin has not changed.

I would vote for her if she runs for President.

July 8, 2009 at 5:16 pm |
  241. Paul Hatfield (midland TX)

Dear Jack, not a bit, I thought John McCain was ill advised to pick Palin in the first place. As for all those yahoos out there, and believe me, there are plenty in this part of the country, who would still vote for her; to quote Forrest Gump," Stupid is as stupid does!".

242. Donna, Easton, PA

My views on Sarah Palin have always been the same....she's scarey! I would never vote for her for President and I don't feel she has the intelligence, and grasp of national and international politics to even run for the office. Street smart she may be, but she'll need alot more than that if she wants the votes of people who are looking for more than cute soundbites

243. Dennis, Columbus, Ohio

Not at all.
    She is just as unqualified now as she was 10 months ago.

But I'm sure she'll keep fishin'

244. Nancy Miller

Sarah Palin lacked professionalism in her campaign. Her short notice resignation reinforces my impression of her lack of knowledge and integrity. I respect the fact that she may have very good reasons for resigning. Her resignation just shows that she is not ready to be president.

Elk Grove, CA

245. Pam

Sara made a wonderful decision since she will have much more time to stay away from voltures that have haunted her since VP announcement. I love her views, outlook, and seems very honest which I find in few politicians. In the best interest of Alaska and our country, she resigned. I hope she stays in the limelight and continues to fight for the good of our country.

246. Lisa, Nashville TN

My thoughts about Sarah Palin haven't changed a bit. If she wanted to be taken seriously, she would have stayed for her term, stayed out of the spotlight and done her job. If she can't handle the heat of the job in AK, why would we think she could take on the job of president? Would she quit 2 years in if she faced criticism there, too and blame the media?

247. Anthony Myers

Undoubtedly my opinion of her has not changed. Listening to her campaign speeches demonstrated that she has some great Christian values but lacks competence, perhaps now the pressures of being on the grand political and public scale have finally taken their tole on her. Her loss to Obama has possibly demoralized her in such a way that she now no longer wants to even be Governor..perhaps hearing the word executive referring to her on her state level reminds her how she lost the ability to be executive on a national lever..sore loser

248. Kimberley Banta, Augusta, GA

Yes. For the worse. I was a huge fan when Sarah Palin first hit the national scene. But her subsequent performance has been unprofessional and irratic. Unless she gets her act together, she's lost my support.

249. seeksense

My views of sarah have not changed.
    The lord guides her and also too the wellfare of alaska and her family.
    She is gonna makes tons of dough and again be the peoples spokesperson for the real people and again for the troops and the god fearing people of this great country of the real america.
    She dislikes apathy and also too quitters who quit and say they are not quitters but apathetic to the poor dead dead fish floating.
    Listen when she tells you again that she told you that the troops and this great country are great but, also too the media is elite and unfair to her and unfair to make her actually have to do some work at work.
    No, my views of her have not changed.
    Palm Bay, FL

250. R.A. Kube

Sarah Palin QUIT. That speaks to COMMITTMENT, or lack of, never mind the excuse. After all the reasons she gave, she still quit, while in the next breath she says "I'm a fighter, I thrive on a challenge". HUH??

July 8, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  251. Marlene

No my views haven't changed. She didn't have much intellect in the beginning and becomes more scarey each time she has a exploding news flash dah. Must be a lot of people with less knowledge than she does if she can buffalo them. How do you like that out west lanuage. Came from there and never seen anybody iin politics that flakey

July 8, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  252. xbox live grymm209

Palin is just what everyone says about her . The more she talks on camera the more we get a sense of how lucky we are that she's no longer a role in any type of office .

July 8, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  253. Dale Kalina

No. I still believe she is a lightweight candidate without the experience, political acumen, or intelligence to be a serious player. Why Republicans think she walks on water is a mystery to me. If she is the cream of the GOP crop, the party is in far worse shape than I ever imagined.

Dale Kalina
    Naperville, IL

July 8, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  254. Deidre williams

Yes, I am positive now that she is not Vice-President or President material . She quit the job she was elected to do. Too many people are always trying to put on spin on what she does but come on let's be honest if your quitting as Governor for a higher calling you owe those voters a reason. I'm Republican and I'm tired of her poor little me, everyone's picking on me whining. You don't want to play with the big kids then stay off the playground cause it gets rough.

July 8, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  255. el

Hi Jack

My view of Palin has not changed. I still dislike her ( I am being nice, cause I am living by the motto, if you cant say anything nice, dont say nothing at all). I still believe she is ummmm...uncapable(how's that for nice?) to run anything political office, let alone be President of the US.
    But by the grace of God, if her "higher calling" makes her run for The POTUS, may I be the first to congratulate President Obama on his second term in office.
    Go away Palin (that's not too mean to say is it?)
    Please, just go away

El

July 8, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  256. Marian Lundvall

No. I was appalled by Sarah Palin during the election, but now I'm just plain scared. It our citizens like her so much even after all she's done and said, what does that say about our country? Please tell me everything will work out in the end and reasonable people will prevail.

July 8, 2009 at 5:17 pm |
  257. Conor

No. The impression left by Palin after the Katie Couric interview is a lifer. What gun does she use to hunt? All of them? There's something wrong with that poll. Gallup is either delusional or disingenuous. Indianapolis, Ind.

July 8, 2009 at 5:17 pm |