September 19th, 2008

Is Sarah Palin's 15 minutes of fame over?

ALT TEXT

Click the play button to see what Jack and our viewers had to say.
(PHOTO CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES)

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Funny how a stock market crash and the failure of a few big investment banks will distract Americans from the flavor of the day. There doesn't seem to be the burning interest in who makes Sarah Palin's glasses that there was even a few days ago.

Former White House adviser and Republican strategist Karl Rove told the Associated Press this week that the Palin phenomenon will fade between now and the election. And that may already be happening. Suddenly following the big bounce Sarah Palin and John McCain got coming out of their convention, Barack Obama is once again moving ahead in the national polls. Obama's a heavy favorite when it comes to handling the economy, and the crisis in the nation's financial system may have helped him.

Watch: Cafferty: Palin's 15 mins up?

Plus Sarah Palin has said she will refuse to cooperate in the investigation into her firing of Alaska's Public Safety Commissioner, she has said some awkward things during interviews and campaign appearances, and a recent CBS news poll shows only 42 percent of Americans think she is prepared to be vice president.

Here’s my question to you: Is Sarah Palin's 15 minutes of fame over?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Wendy from Harrisonburg, Virginia writes:
Sarah Palin's 15 minutes of fame is totally over. It was a moment of fascination because people were curious about who she was, and really wanted her to be a new Hillary Clinton. Except that she is not. She is beauty queen who has no credentials and no understanding of what this country needs.

Dave from British Columbia writes:
Sarah Palin is a metaphor for all that is wrong with America. Somewhere in our lifetime the packaging and pretty ribbons became more important than actual content. This is true when it comes to buying a book, seeing a movie, a good meal or buying food at your local super-market. Until this changes, America will remain in trouble.

Tyson writes:
Sarah Palin's 15 minutes of fame is absolutely not over. Having her on the Republican ticket is huge. John McCain was very smart when he decided to choose her as his running mate. She is a Washington outsider, unlike her counterpart, Senator Biden. Sarah has had more executive experience than Senator Obama, and Senator Biden combined.

Linda writes:
Sarah Palin star is fading fast. She went from a phenom, to a Saturday Night Live joke and now is just another lying politician. She said she was an open book with her Troopergate issue, but now the cat's got her tongue. On November 5th, all the Republicans will be jumping on the bandwagon saying that McCain could have won the White House if it wasn't for Palin, her husband and her controversial issues - put lipstick on that!

Dick writes:
I hope not. Getting back to important issues and solving the country's problems seems boring compared to pregnant teenagers, nasty emails, lipstick on things, snowmobile races, pork wars, and SNL skits.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Uche, Harrisburg, PA

Its over Jack. Poor Sarah. But it was good while it lasted.

September 19, 2008 at 2:01 pm |
  2. Robert

Sure wish she'd go back to the north and the sticks. Everyone must lie alot up there. Too bad she doesn't know the truth if it hit her in the face. Her voice is as bad as someone using their fingernails on a blackboard. Some people are really impressive until they open their mouth.

September 19, 2008 at 2:02 pm |
  3. Pat from NM

I hope so. If you ask me, it was 13 minutes too long!

September 19, 2008 at 2:03 pm |
  4. Judith

We can only hope so!

Judith, NYC

September 19, 2008 at 2:03 pm |
  5. Dave, Brooklyn, NY

I sure hope so, but that would be too much to ask for. If you look at the tens of thousands of lemmings in her audiences who wildly cheer at anything she says, no matter how stupid of dangerous, it is enough to scare the crap ,out of me – so many people are still so uninformed.

September 19, 2008 at 2:03 pm |
  6. Dale

God, I hope so. I have yet to hear anything of substance coming from her. All the questions directed to her are answered with cliches, sidestepping or catchy phrases. And her desire to hide the "troopergate" issue is not exactly gaining the confidence and trust of the American people.

September 19, 2008 at 2:03 pm |
  7. Annie Kraft Naples FL

yes...thank God...and on to truly important issues....the economy, the Iraq war, etc.

September 19, 2008 at 2:03 pm |
  8. dave from ashevile

Her 15 minutes are definitely over. Now she can go back to being one of the female vocalists in the B52s.

September 19, 2008 at 2:04 pm |
  9. Carol c.

I sure hope so. I was afraid they were going to ask me to stand in and do her SAME whiny speech and I would have to buy new glasses and a $2500 suit.

Knoxville, TN

September 19, 2008 at 2:04 pm |
  10. emily-charmaine evans

We can only hope!!!

September 19, 2008 at 2:05 pm |
  11. BillD

Sarah who?

September 19, 2008 at 2:05 pm |
  12. Mike, Syracuse NY

No Jack, it just means the press has tired of her. She is still drawing big crowds, but you guys are back to being all Obama all the time.

September 19, 2008 at 2:06 pm |
  13. Ed Reed

Yup! Except for those who drank the Kool Aid, she's done, you can stick a fork in her and send her back to MooseVille.

Ed Reed
    Port Aransas, TX

September 19, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  14. JS

I sure hope so!!

September 19, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  15. Joe in Missouri

Let's hope not. There's still troopergate, hiring high school buddies and cronies, running Alaska like it was her own personal family fiefdom, to investigate. We need to keep her front and center.

September 19, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  16. JTB in NYC

The American people are starting to wake up and say, "Thanks, but no thanks!"

September 19, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  17. Roger -Pinewood, Mn.

Jack, I would hope so but it appears the GOP and some in the media don't seem to care that when ever her lipsticked lips move another lie comes out. And Jack, when is John McCain going to get his own skirt so he can quit hiding behind hers? God help America

September 19, 2008 at 2:08 pm |
  18. Dianne

Yes! And that's more time than John McCain took to interview her and choose her for "politics" first not Country. Can't wait for Tina Fey's next parody..lots of "da" material from the Hannity interview.

September 19, 2008 at 2:08 pm |
  19. Danielle, Dallas,TX

Not quite. She has about 30 seconds left.

September 19, 2008 at 2:08 pm |
  20. Hope

Jack, time is up for the Alaska Comet! She has "shot" her load and now everyone (those without bias) see her for what she is; A cheap political ploy brought to you by the same people who "trickle-down" economics as a viable solution to inflation.

How funny it is, that now just as thic country is on the cusp of electing it's first African American President, the "conservative" movement has been exposed as nothing more than greed for the sake of greed.

HOPE
    Columbia, SC

September 19, 2008 at 2:08 pm |
  21. el-tee

Jack - Excuse me! Who's Sarah Palin? - El-Tee
    from the lower right hand corner of ND

September 19, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  22. Joe, Arlington, Virginia

Well, she is certainly 15 minutes past producing her family income tax records like the other candidates. Why would that be?

September 19, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  23. Constance - Seattle

I say yes and I am so glad. I think Caribou Barbie and the First Dude need to cooperate with the investigation of troopergate. Nothing to hide, no worries. I think her closet is still not empty.

And why does Cindy McBush stand behind John at every speech? Is she playing Lieberman, and telling him what to say and when?

They are both out of touch and scary scary scary.

September 19, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  24. Vernis Robertson

Sarah Palin beauty ran out the window ,once she started speaking at campaign rallies . In this country will not get you to the White House.

September 19, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  25. Michelle- Philadelphia, PA

Dear God, let's hope so. There's only so much bouffant hair and black and brown jackets I can take. I think it would also be a relief for her too. Maybe without the intense media coverage she can get back to shooting wolves from helicopters. What a stellar candidate. We should all be very proud. (That was sarcasm, kids.)

September 19, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  26. Jenny Rome Ga

Jack,
    I certainly hope so. I have never seen someone so polarizing. Sara Palin makes Hillary Clinton look like Americas sweetheart.Hillary, for all of her faults as least has a brain and know how to use it. I am not too sure about Sarah. Of course if she would talk to someone ,anyone we might be able to find out if she is as smart as she thinks she is.

September 19, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  27. Frank

Well it depends on what kind of fame you are refering to. Her fame for being a reformer who will make miracles is over for sure. However, her fame for being a liar and an untransparent politician who do things not for the people but for herself (like McCain), that is the new fame for which she is just starting to be recognized for...

September 19, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  28. Tina (Fort Worth)

I sure hope so cause I am tired of listening to that voice and in her eyes she has McCain dead and her as the new President.

September 19, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  29. Sue Ventura

Yes, I hope She no different than the rest of the RNC with saying no to testifying about the case on file against her.

September 19, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  30. Dahlia-Texas

As someone said yesterday, how is that Obama has been in this campaign for over 20 months and people still say they don't know him, but Sarah has been in less than a month and everything is hunky dory. There is something underlying beneath this surface here.

Sarah Palin is not worthy of the POTUS. Why would anyone say yes to her being it over Obama. There is only one answer and no it is not experience.

September 19, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  31. David in Atlanta

Jack, it was only a matter of time. And with the current crisis people will know that she has no creditials or enough experience to tackle issues of such. Barack Obama, has the intelect and temperment to deal with critical issues unlike Sarah Palin who attended 5 colleges in 6 years.

September 19, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  32. Maureen / CA

Yes. She is about as popular now as Kato Kalin is now. And the more she speaks, the more people realize how underqualified she is for the position she is applying for. Her debate with Joe will destroy any chance she might have had for any type of political career in Washington.

September 19, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  33. Frank from Peterborough

Are you kidding Jack she can still see Russia from her house and now she has renamed the GOP ticket the Palin/McCain campaign this fact will out weigh the fact John McCain was a POW. Actually her being able to skin a moose likely gives her higher qualifications for President than those that McCain possesses.

September 19, 2008 at 2:11 pm |
  34. jim

Throw Palins hubby's fanny in the clink if he feels he is above the law.

September 19, 2008 at 2:11 pm |
  35. Martha in Doylestown

No. Her 15 minutes of positive coverage may be over, but she has far more than 15 minutes of public scrutiny ahead.

September 19, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  36. Lucas - Pawling, NY

Yes Jack, and I cannot believe we even gave her 15.
    I still can't quite figure out what exactly got the masses so excited – it couldn't have just been her eyeglasses.

September 19, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  37. ANTHONY HOSEA ST.LOUIS MO

sure do cant wait to she go up,against biden now were going to see what she made of dont know why were wasteing our time talkibng about her she is the fake (hilary clinton)

September 19, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  38. Glenn in California

That's a fact, Jack.

The effect that Paul Begala called the "Shiny Object" is now over and people are starting to look at the issues behind the candidates.

The only problem is that every time she opens her mouth, she proves that she's totally unqualified to be on anyone's ticket. The shows the rashness of John McSame's decision making judgment and everyone would be better off if he'd just put her back in the closet until November 5th.

September 19, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  39. hongli in ont

I've said it all along on your show that Sarah Palin is not fooling anyone,she is fooling herself and the Republican party.Any one with comman sense would called this woman TRASH. It's just a matter of time before she quits and return to her black hole.

September 19, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  40. jaffer

Jack u always start something lol.this woman she is a joke when it comes to answering questions.if her 15 minutes are up please she should be offered more time cause she always have something funny
    everyday.

September 19, 2008 at 2:13 pm |
  41. Ohons Kevin

As an observer of American politics from Europe.This election is a test of Americans cleverness.This will make us adjust the way we view the mentality of the American.You made the mistake twice about Bush, we believed it was mistake, but this time it wont be mistake anymore

September 19, 2008 at 2:13 pm |
  42. Jayne

All good things must end and the fairy tale that was Sarah Palin is kaput. The woman is all talk and no substance. If McCain honestly believes she is fit for the job, I'll send him my resume. I can balance my checkbook, so I must be qualified to be Secretary of the Treasury.

September 19, 2008 at 2:13 pm |
  43. Julie, NY

Judging from recent polls, it appears Obama's 15 minutes of fame are up, not Palin's. Obama will soon join the ranks of the other "One Hit Wonder" Democrats who ran for President and lost.

September 19, 2008 at 2:13 pm |
  44. Heidi from Cape Cod

I hope so – I'm tired of hearing her voice and I am tired of hearing her same old sarcasm day after day. I think her speech writers should come up with some new lines. I may not be a hockey mom – in fact, I am not a mom at all – but I was a Hillary supporter and Sarah Palin has caused me to rally around the Barack Obama flagpole – I guess I owe her for that. Thanks Sarah!

September 19, 2008 at 2:14 pm |
  45. Anne

I certainly hope so. I shudder every time I hear her say "EYE-raq" and "EYE-ran." And this woman thinks she is a foreign policy expert. She doesn't even know how to pronounce country names.

Anne
    Texas

September 19, 2008 at 2:14 pm |
  46. Katiec Pekin, IL

A person cannot continue to campaign only on lies,
    distortions and attacks.
    We have seen no substance from Palin, and, everything
    she claims she has accomplished is up for negotiation.
    Everything she says she stands for, transparency,
    against earmarks, etc, have been proven false.
    She believes in openess but refuses questions and
    interviews (unless scripted.
    The glitter has tarnished.

September 19, 2008 at 2:14 pm |
  47. R in CA

Palin is passe'. All flash coupled with no substance, and that equals no staying power.

September 19, 2008 at 2:15 pm |
  48. Diana Lyn, Baltimore MD

I sure hope it is. I'm tired of hearing about her rimless glasses and her outdated beliefs that serve no real contribution to our country's current issues such as the wars, and the economy. Palin's "fame" does nothing to fix these problems as she shows she has nothing to offer in this years election but scandal and lies.

September 19, 2008 at 2:15 pm |
  49. Joe in VA

Hey Jack – Every day more blogs slamming McCain and Palin – I guess they deserve it, after all, the media has already picked its man ( men). The real answer to this – who the heck knows. We'll know on November 5.

Chatham, VA

September 19, 2008 at 2:15 pm |
  50. charlene

Her fame was bult on very shaky ground and even the best actors in the world couldn't keep up with the twists and turns of her candidacy(plot). Just too much drama and the more we know about the more people will be turned off. She seemed to be incapable of telling the truth too, not helpful!!!!!

September 19, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  51. Gloria East Bay CA

One can only hope.

Love to see her ride out into the sunset, never to be seen again.

September 19, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  52. wally Ruehmann las vegas nv

a flash in the pan, yes it's over, her religion scares me to death, what happen to separation of church and state?

September 19, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  53. Ron K.

Hi Jack:

Oh you mean the fact that the American people are beginning to figure out what a FAKE she is? It didn't take me this long.

Ron San Diego

September 19, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  54. Larry, Ohio

Jack,you know ,Palin was popular a lot longer than 15 minutes.Just because the left wing loons never heard of her,doesn't mean anything.Conservatives have known of her for a long time and knew she would be a great surprise weapon!!!Oh by the way ,Sara and McCain are more popular than Obama in Europe right now.Of course we will never hear about that from the liberal left wing media!!!

September 19, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  55. Judie from St. Augustine, Fl.

I sure as heck hope so. It is very hard to try to listen to her SHRILL voice. It's kinda like someone running their fingernails on a black board. All she does is tell everyone how great and humble the grinning McCain is. Over and over andd over. She has a role to play and it is being McCains national cheerleader. Pretty sad that his campaign had to promise someone the VP slot to help toot his horn.
    I have a feeling that if McCain does not have enough favors owed to him and the investigation into Palin in Alaska proceeds and is concluded before the election Her Noisieness will be forced to go back to Alaska. With that voice they can probably hear her all the way to Russia.

Judie
    St. Augustine, Fl

September 19, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  56. steve in pensacola

She's got another 15 or 20 minutes left, but I think the story line is changing. A minimal amount of vetting would have prevented all this
    cheap local "dirty laundry" from dominating the news cycles and wasting the precious time and emotions of Americans who take the state of our country and the choice we all have to make seriously.

September 19, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  57. kcbob

Nope. She will crash and burn when she debates Biden and will become a poster child of political pandering. She will be immortalized!

September 19, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  58. Karin from B.C

Oh God I hope so as her voice is driving me around the bend.
    Besides she has nothing to say anyhow, but mimic McCain and Lieberman.

September 19, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  59. A.K. from Nashville, TN

OVER AND DONE!

September 19, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  60. The Informer Kissimmee, Florida

Hi Jack,
    And yes, Sarah Palin's 15 minutes of fame is pretty much over. You need to know your business, before you can sell to the public. And, with her interview, with Charlie Gibson, shows how very little she knows. She gave the Republicans the bounce that they needed–funny how McCain, who is running for President, cannot get the crowds excited about him. I now think, that the bounce has gone flat, and, I just loved how, when she talked yesterday, that she said the Palin/McCain administration. I think that she definitely needs to wake up from that dream and face reality. I know that the rest of sure have!

September 19, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  61. Major Michael, Lorton, Virginia

Jack: As the political practioner (Karl Rove) put it, it is close to being over- and I can't wait for it. I'm becoming so tried of it, that I'm thinking of putting lipstick on my pitbull.......but then he is a male.....and that affect him phsychologically.

September 19, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  62. Martin

Jack,

I don't understand it. Maybe because I don't know how the press works. But isn't it strange to have a press corp. following around a person like Sarah who's unwilling to answer NOT ONE #%$& Question. Even if I wanted to vote for the lady, I don't know who she is or what she stands for. She's lie a McCainbot with a prerecorded casset tape shoved in her mouth. I think the press should just not board the plane with her or John for a while and then they will have to answer some dame questions. It's damn rediculous.

September 19, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  63. Vittorio

Sarah is still under the aftermath shocks how she got to where she is. This has become a global joke to see this election. The woman has no idea about politics and is a puppet . I think she should return to Alaska to deal with her own domestic issues, and clean up her act. She must think that the American people are blind not to see the mess she has created back home. All just a big joke.

September 19, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  64. Maureen / CA

Yes it is. People are tired of listening to she and her campaign discuss lipstick, glasses, stolen e-mails, avoiding legal action in Alaska, looking at Russia from a mountain, Levi is the babydaddy, Cindy’s bones picked clean by Barbara, canceling Larry King, dinosaurs, Tucker mad at Campbell, Hillary this Hillary that, imprisoned in a box, hockey, bridges, John mad at Carly, ice rinks, polar bears, jets, chefs, premarital sex,, basketball, Paris and Britney, Michele is a traitor, Obama rhymes with Osama so he must be a terrorist, and beauty contests. People want solutions to real problems.

September 19, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  65. Jane - WI

No, I don't think Sarah Palin's "15 Minutes of Fame" are over. The polls have settled down. Barack Obama's convention bounce came back to earth and so did John McCain's.
    I wonder why you aren't asking the same question about Barack Obama? Is his "15 Minutes of Fame" over? The media has been doing their best to hype his candidacy. They have spent more time in Alaska trying to dig up dirt on Sarah Palin in 2 weeks than they have spent investigating Barack Obama in the 19 months he's been running. Despite the media doing their best to bring down Gov. Palin while cheerleading for Senator Obama, the polls are still very close.

September 19, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  66. Louise Simard

Yes, all the oohing and aahing over her are about finished. Too bad because I’ve been laughing my head off since her nomination. As you surely know, Canadians are also in an election period but yours is so much more entertaining.

By the way, “impactful” is not a word and she does say “nu-cu-lar” – sounds familiar?

Louise Simard
    Nuns’ Island
    Canada

September 19, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  67. BillieJean in Idaho

As a 55 yr. old white female, I sure hope so. I am so afraid it could turn into a horrible nightmare.

I would like to have the faith that Americans have more interest in their future, their childrens and grandchildrens future to get caught up in a fairy tale turned bad that could lead us down the road to a horrible outcome. I have been watching with an open mind and the more I see of Palin and her husband and their secrecy the scarier they become.

September 19, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  68. Ted Canada

It was only a matter of time and exposure that Sarah Palin would be discovered as somebody that has no business anywhere near being a heart beat away from becoming President. The state of the economy will help in her demise as Thinking Americans realize whats at stake here. Four more years of the same will be bad and even runs the risk this time of ruining the country. Palin ran a small community into debt just imagine what she could do to a whole country. A vote for John McCain is like rolling the dice hoping he will live long enough to finish his term so Sarah doesn't become President. From where I sit thats a gamble your country can't afford..

September 19, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  69. Heather Greene in International Falls, MN

Sarah Palin refusal to meet with members of the press at both the national and local level is one of the main reasons that Americans are starting to see through her nomination. John McCain had been known as a "media darling" for years, appearing as a guest on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart more then any other person, and now his running mate refuses to speak to trained professional journalists expect in 2 week intervals. It's ridiculous, especially for a person that was unknown nationally until less then a month ago and unknown to the majority of people in her home state until less then two years ago.

Americans can see through the blanket claims of "sexism in the media" as the stalling tactic it is for an unprepared running mate and "I can see Russia from Alaska" is a now a national punchline.

September 19, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  70. Brett in Oriskany,Va

I certainly hope so,Jack. She's proven herself true to republican politics, parroting lies, refusing to cooperate with investigators, telling lies about herself. She's being handled with kid gloves by her party. She gives the same speech, refuses contact with the press and generally appears arrogantly above the law. The McCain must be afraid of what is going to happen if she opens her mouth. Maybe McCain's plan is use her energize his campaign, then when she gets indicted for this "Troopergate" thing, drop her like a hot potato and get a real vice presidential candidate. It would serve Palin right, as she's betrayed a bunch of people in her past

September 19, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  71. Randy Smith, NY

Jack,

I believe that her 15 minutes of fame are indeed over. Personally I have no idea why she was famous in the first place. Seeing what she truly represents now shows what a poor choice she was which represents McCain's poor judgment. Yes she energized the base by distorting and bashing the democrats, but in the following weeks people will remove their blindfolds and actually analyze her positions on policies. She surrounds herself with Bush politicians and she is telling us she is the agent of change... more like agent of lies. Not to mention she is backing away from the "troopergate" investigation, goes to show you how guilt free she is. She denies an investigation on her career for potential vice president, but has a whole CIA/FBI investigating on who hacked her Yahoo email. Its ridiculous!

I really hope people wake up in this country.

Randy Smith, New York City, NY

September 19, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  72. Deirdre

I think so Jack... just about as short-lived as they are trying to make TrooperGate. Perhaps someone should have told Kwame Kilpatrick to run for VP. Maybe his case would have been dismissed like they are trying to dismiss Troopergate.

September 19, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  73. Chris - Hemet, Ca.

I certainly hope so. After months of McCain spouting his "country first" rhetoric he picks a totally unqualified VP running mate. Does he truly believe that if something should happen to him she is fully qualified to step in and run the country? If he does, that shows he has terrible judgement. If he doesn't it means he only picked her to garner votes to get elected and that throws the "country first" BS out the door. Also, on the troopergate issue. Why don't the Palins simply go to Alaska, spend a day or two answering some questions and put the whole thing to rest? It would be over and done with and we could all get on with business as usual. The fact that she doesn't tells me she has something to hide.

September 19, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  74. Debbie from Chatham, VA

And I care, why?

September 19, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  75. Annie, Atlanta

Hopefully not. I would love to see the investigation into "troopergate" brought to a conclusion. If nothing else was garnered from her Bush aides tutoring, she learned to master deceipt.

September 19, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  76. Greg in Cabot AR

Sarah Who????

September 19, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  77. Sophia

YES – thank goodness. Sarah spent too much time on her script – 'thanks but no thanks".........what goes up must come down.

September 19, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  78. Georgia

Although I'm an Obama supporter, I continue to listen to both sides to assure that I've not missed some "pearl of wisdom". So, would someone PLEASE instruct Sarah Palin in the correct pronunciation of Iraq, Iran and nuclear?????

Thank you and keep up the good work!

September 19, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  79. richard, Utah

I should hope so. It took McCain writers working with her for 3 days on her acception speach. They kept her away from the news teams because she doesn"t know anything about anything. McCain was just trying to get Clinton voters. Some of them may have fallen for it, but some are smarter than that. Now she won"t cooperate with this investigation on her. That tells me that she has alot to hide.

September 19, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  80. Scott in Oregon.

I seriously think everyone has had enough. Maybe not the zealots she calls her base, but everyone else is no longer interested. They can see past the pep rally speeches and are starting to notice the way she seems unable to stop lying about herself. The Wall Street fiasco just put the nails in the coffin a little early, that's all.

September 19, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  81. Monica

Let's hope that her cheerleader days are numbered, and people realize this is not a personality contest. This election should be a no-brainer; I don't understand how anyone could vote for the Palin/McCain (oops) ticket!

September 19, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  82. Nora Corpus Christi Texas

Who?You mean the one who last night talked about the Palin-McCain white house? Her big head is getting in the way. Pretty soon we won't be able to see McCain standing there looking more confused than ever!!!

September 19, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  83. Katty OR

Yes, there are too many unanswered questions she won't address.
    Since she was appointed only to help McCain get elected I can only say ...McCain should have checked her out thoroughly before he jumped the track.
    She does not wear well in the long run!

September 19, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  84. Kay from Georgia

I would certainly hope so. Cannot believe that The American public is buying this whole Sarah thing. She scares me.....I personally want someone in the Highest offices in our country that is smarter than the average bear or( Moose). So that would also include McCain.

September 19, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  85. shirley thibodeaux

Jack,

As we say here in the south, "it's CHURCH!!

September 19, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  86. Malisha

Yes Jack, but its more like 15 minutes of shame

Malisha from Elk Grove,CA

September 19, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  87. Lyn

Jack , The question is YES ,that woman has been all lies from the start she has no shame because she keep repeating her lies over and over again on the campaign trail. Does she think that the American people are stupid ,and by the way I am white and will support Obama &Biden.

September 19, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  88. J. Weidenbach NYC

As an image of storybook "knightess in shining armor", yes. As in "the angel falls", no. That is yet to come.

September 19, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  89. Christopher, Fort Wayne, IN

Unless this investigation into the so-called "Troopergate" turns up anything, then, yes, I believe she's had her moment in the spotlight. In the end, she really isn't anything new – another staunch conservative that lies through her teeth and thinks she's above the law. Now that the presidential race is finally back on the issues, namely the economy, she'll begin to fade more and more from the spotlight...unless "Troopergate" bites her.

September 19, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  90. Todd

Sarah Palin reminds me of a marrionette....You pull the strings to make it move, and you use a ventriloquist to tell it what to say. If you don't pull the strings and don't tell it what to say, you might as well put it back in the box.

September 19, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  91. JAN, LA QUINTA, CALIFORNIA

GOD, I hope so !!!!!! !

September 19, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  92. J.C. from Raleigh, NC

Jack,
    Sarah who? That's the answer to your question if McCain loses. A Trivial Pursuit question might jog people's memory of Palin by asking, " A candidate who understood Russia because it could been seen from the western tip of Alaska."

September 19, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  93. Erica from San Francisco

I think William Hung lasted longer than Miss Barracuda.

September 19, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  94. Tom, Avon, Maine, The Heart of Democracy

The fame might be over but the notoriety is just beginning. Reports of cronyism, abuse of office for personal revenge, Congress killed the bridge to nowhere so her taking credit for it makes me wonder if other things she takes credit for were someone else's work as well.

September 19, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  95. Conor in Chicago

Hardly. If McCain wins the election we will hear about her everyday and have to deal with her, her views, her policies, on a daily basis.

If Obama wins she will become a rally point to everybody who opposed him and, assuming the Democrats do not control the house, will be inspiration for the Republicans to stop every piece of legislation they can in order to accuse the Democrats of being a "do-nothing Congress", which is exactly what is happening right now.

This is just the beginning

September 19, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  96. Mac in Truro Nova Scotia

My God – I hope so.

September 19, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  97. James - Utah

Jack, we are finding out the first dude was steering the ship anyway. His unwilling cooperation with the troopergate investigation will embroil us with another major distraction if Sarah is elected since we cannot settle the issue now. During her first interview Palin stated that Georgia had every right to provoke Russia militarily and should be a member of NATO. Rice, of the Republican administration, recently stated that the US gave Georgia warnings not to take whatever bait Russia was using to intimidate them, but that they did anyway. Palin seems too hot headed and ready to act without facts. Palin ready to lead, maybe so, but lead us into what, no way.

September 19, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  98. NANCY M.

Hopefully so! Fortunately, or unfortunately, there are more important things to attend to. McCain's response to the situation comes straight from the hip: "Fire" someone. That really helps. That would be the response of his pistol toting running mate also. That is their long term plan, I guess. She sure doesn't bring anything new to "her friends".

September 19, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  99. Sheryl in Virginia

Jack, let's hope so.

The woman's voice is worse than fingernails on a blackboard. I don't think she is "pretty" and she certainly doesn't appear intelligent. She has been entertaining, but I'm getting bored of that.

Let's move on to the REAL issues. The election is nearly upon us.

September 19, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  100. Charlie (Bethpage, NY)

Her 15 minutes have been over....for about a week or so. After the interview with Charlie Gibson on ABC, we all realized how clueless she really is on a host of issues. Wev all see how brainwashed and "trained" she is by the McCain staff as to what she can say and when. For the first time in 8 years, I hope the American people see through the hype and demand real change.

September 19, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  101. Christine from El Paso Tx

Jack, Yes Thankfully! People are starting to see her and her tag along husband for what they really are! And I don't think they really like what they see! Personally it hasn't happened fast enough for me, I just wish she would go back to Alaska and stay there and get off my T.V.

September 19, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  102. David of Alexandria VA

Not as far as I can see. Maybe her initial splash is muting out. Finally, we are able to get more substantive interviews with her about policy and less about her tanning bed

Jack, she's running for the VP spot. Don't you think she'll be famous at least until the election? Are we that vaccuous?

September 19, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  103. Tanya

I certainly hope so!

September 19, 2008 at 2:42 pm |
  104. Chris

It's not exactly over, but it's fading fast. The more people are finding out about her and how she's managed state and local government in Alaska, the more turned off people become. No wonder Palin is in duck-and-cover mode over the recent progress on the Troopergate investigation. She knows she'll be going up a certain creek without a paddle if it concludes she abused her power as governor.

Hendersonville, NC

September 19, 2008 at 2:42 pm |
  105. Jay Tee

More like 3 seconds of fame.

September 19, 2008 at 2:42 pm |
  106. Martin GA

To keep her name in the news someone had to hacker her e-mail account!! Maybe it was John with his Blackberry!! You never know!!

September 19, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  107. Terry in Hanover County

Not quite. Yesterday she finally spoke the truth - it's the Palin/McCain Administration. If she sticks around long enough, maybe she'll admit a few other "truths." If it were possible to vote directly for Palin or a bag of hair, I'd vote for the hair. At least it has substance.

September 19, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  108. sheilah, portland, oregon

Yes, her 15 minutes of fame are over. And amazingly enough my friend, during her fame, she was able to set the Guiness World Record for the longest consecutive lie-telling. Sarah, you've probably lost your seat on the Straight Talk Express so I think it might be a good time to check the bus schedules to Alaska. See ya.

September 19, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  109. Lance Valley Mills, Tx

What did she do to become famous anyway? She's a nobody. McCain only picked her to try and steal the Hillary voters.

September 19, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  110. Steve

Yes it sure is!!! And I couldn't be happier about it! For her to be part of the ticket is way beyond crazy!!

September 19, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  111. hubielee68 Mississippi

It's really was over the day McJustdontget pick her for VP.
    Yes her little fame is over.

But her troubles back home is just beginning. Soon or later she will have to testify while she misused her authority to fire someone.

Byhalia, MS

September 19, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  112. Larry, Ohio

Jack,absolutely not,right now I'm underwriting my own auto insurance policy through AIG.I spent a lot time in the insurance business,this was not the way I thought I would ever get back into it.Is it a good idea???No!!!But this time it is necessary!!!!

September 19, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  113. James S. Lenon - Chuckey TN

If she is ever faced with a real audience, asking questions that can't be answered with pre-programmed taling points, we'll begin to see her time in the spotlight counting down. If the press lets her hide from real concerns behind her cheerleader facade, we'll be stuck with more of her.

September 19, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  114. Cynthia; Wesson, Mississippi

Yes, finally! The presidential election is much bigger than Sarah Palin. It was only a matter of time before people consider the seriousness of this campaign especially when they got a dose of reality (economic mess).

September 19, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  115. Fred T. Ogden, UT

We can only hope that it comes soon. Her credibility is slipping fast. I'd say she is in minute 11 or 12...

September 19, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  116. Rose

No, I don't think so, she is still able to draw large crowds, I think it will only get better for her. As a woman, I think she has a lot of offer and in the words of Bill Clinton it would be a mistake to underestimate her.

Rose
    AZ

September 19, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  117. Stanley Rein

Jack,

Your just picking on this wonderful Governor from Alaska. I looked into Palin's eyes (on TV) and saw Pres. Geo Bush. Isn't this enough to give one a warm and fuzzy feeling ? I certainly hope it's not to late to buy Russian war bonds.

Stan Rein
    Registered Independent in Sarasota FL

September 19, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  118. Ron

Jack I hope so,when McCain asked Sarah if she would like to be his V.P. running mate she should have said thanks but no thanks.

September 19, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  119. James S. Lenon - Chuckey TN

If she is ever faced with a real audience, asking questions that can't be answered with pre-programmed talking points, we'll begin to see her time in the spotlight counting down. If the press lets her hide from real concerns behind her cheerleader facade, we'll be stuck with more of her.

September 19, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  120. oliver--Canyon Lake

Jack, it's like when you buy a new car; first you are all enthrolled with it then the newness starts to faid and after a while all you have is another simple car. Lying and a corrupt attitude doesn't help either!

September 19, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  121. Victor Lam Saratoga, California

Yes. If not, then we are really a nation of whiners, whom on the one hand complaining loudly about feeling pain all over because of the impotence of the current administration, and on the other hand, falling in love for a superficially created figure head by media and thinking about turning over their fate of the next four years to her and her partner.

September 19, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  122. JD in NC

I don't think so. She still has to address why she thinks the rules don't apply to her when it comes ethics. Calling the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal partisan didn't make it go away. Why should it work for her?

September 19, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  123. lou

As long as there is a lie to cultivate, we'll keep hearing from Sarah. The latest one: She told Hannity her girls got to vote on whether or not she should take the VP spot. The week before she told Gibson that she 'didn't blink' because she is 'wired that way' when asked the same question. The answer to the question is not nearly as important as how easily the lies come out of her mouth.

September 19, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  124. pete in hamilton ont

ms palins 15 minutes of fame was about 14 minutes too much. this was a desparate act by mccain, he tried to bolster his campaign with a bit of "fluff". ms palin lacks the credentials to be anything other than a mayor in small town alaska.

September 19, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  125. Martin

What, the 15 minutes already started. Please Jack, she won't answer questions from the press that flies with her let alone the American people. Maybe we need to stop asking her anything and she can just go around the country on this Beaty contest tour we've been seeing all this time and when we finally get to ask her something it will be something like "Hey Sarah, why did your ticket lose?" and she can say "If you want details why don't you wait until I finish Shaking You Up". Please this is silly.

September 19, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  126. ajks

It is time for the little "pig" to go wee, wee, wee all the way home.

September 19, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  127. rene oh

her minutes been up, she's a joke, how is it that she can try to slam obama but if hesays something negative about her he would be accused of sexisum, well i'm a woman and i approve of this message

September 19, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  128. Amy, NY

Absolutely jack! I mean what are you left with when everything you told us about yourself happened pure lies and nothing else comes out since you refuse to take questions from journalists. It cancels out and that's what happened with Sarah Palin, she doesn't have anything left to sell her position as potential commander in chief. I love my country too much to let this game go on!

September 19, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  129. Darcy - Arkansas

I hope so, but doubt it.
    We have the VP debates coming up and depending on how she handles herself there will have a lot to do with it.

September 19, 2008 at 2:47 pm |
  130. KarenB in Polk County, Florida

She's not a flash in the pan, she's not a "15-minutes of famer", she is the real thing & she and McCain are our only hope.
    anyone who thinks Obama-Biden will fix things are in for rude awakening.

September 19, 2008 at 2:47 pm |
  131. Beth in Maryland

Over, and Over done. I think we need to do two things – send her back to her job in Alaska, and secondly, apologize to the great people of Alaska for doing so as it is clear, they deserve better. She has actually made it harder, just in "15 minutes of fame" for woman to succeed because of her gun toting, hockey mama, lipstick wearing, closed minded, out of touch, inexperience passed off as a polished or bright diamond in the rough. Although, lesson learned, I for one told my daughters, see-at least we all know now, what to rise above.

September 19, 2008 at 2:48 pm |
  132. Sharon

I sure hope so, Jack!

September 19, 2008 at 2:48 pm |
  133. Carol from Minnesota

Jack – I hope it's over. I'm a 49 year old white female. Palin is a cartoon. Every time she opens her mouth shes drives another female voter over to Obama. Although I must say, I wouldn't mind following up on the investigations and potential legal problems on the crime reporting shows like Nancy Grace or on Court TV.

September 19, 2008 at 2:49 pm |
  134. Mickie in Philadelphia, PA

I think her fame is over and now she will become infamous for the brother-in-law scandal and the bridge to nowhere debacle and the fact that she can't answer a single question unless the answer was fed to her by the Rove crew. I'm an elder female and she is more popular with the men than women and that's only because she wears a skirt well and is against women's rights. If republicans have their way, they'll even overturn the right of women to vote.

September 19, 2008 at 2:49 pm |
  135. Betty in Texas

If they're not, they should be.

September 19, 2008 at 2:49 pm |
  136. Ken @ Charlotte

Jack,

Her 15 minutes were over as soon as she took Carl Rove's advice to stonewall on Troopergate. Rove's fingerprints are all over that advice. They forgot the lesson that It's not the foul act, but the cover-up that takes them down.

September 19, 2008 at 2:50 pm |
  137. dennis hunter

Her claim to fame could be like a person shooting a bullet in to the ground and oil appearing but when you drill the well you hit a dry well. If we every get the truth out of Alaska about Palin's past then we will see if it is a dry well or something bigger. the ball is in the media's court or should I say puck.

September 19, 2008 at 2:50 pm |
  138. Dave, GA

Palin's fifteen minutes has come to an end, but her infamy is just getting started.

September 19, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  139. Tim Samoni, NJ

Dear Jack,
    I sure hope so! Her misunderstanding of the Bush Doctrine, her equating her back yard view of Russia to foreign policy experience, and her annoying nasal Nanook accent have driven me and my dogs nuts–they howl and bark every time she appears on this program and spews that lie about the "bridge to nowhere".

As she continues to try to evade reporters requests for interviews as well as her own state's inquiry into her use (or abuse) of power as Governor, it's clear that the lipstick on this pig has worn off.

September 19, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  140. Victoria Anderson Seattle, Washington

Sorry Jack, her fame was up when John McCain first announced she was his running mate. We didn't know her and now we wished we never did!!!! Sarah have some issues up in Alaska that needs to be reformed first before we could even consider Mrs. Pain to run for V.P..

September 19, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  141. Shirley -AK OHIO

Yes, it over and the reason why is because she did not let the American people know if she was qualified to be a heart beat away from the presidency. As they told Obama, this is not an internship nor will he be given on the job training. McCain and his backers have to watch what they say. 18+ million voted for Obama to be the Democratic nominee only McCain, Rush Limbaugh and Karl Rove selected Palin for McCain's VP and we know what happened with Bush.

September 19, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  142. Rob

SHE'S TOAST

September 19, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  143. Ed H

AW, leave her alone Jack... she's cute. Too bad after this, though, she's probably history as far as her political career is concerned.

September 19, 2008 at 3:04 pm |
  144. Lee in Michigan

For the love of God , let's hope so. She's crude, snide, corrupt, arrogant and worst of all, ignorant of the issues that are facing Americans right now. I'm afraid that if Palin/McCain (as she herself referred to their ticket) are elected, the U.S. might just be done for. The fact that McCain chose this one-trick pony shows just how out of touch (and possibly senile) he really is. This pair is a joke and an embarrassment to any thinking American, especially women.

September 19, 2008 at 3:04 pm |
  145. Sandy in NE

She has a little fame left.

When she leaves, I would appreciate if she would take the likes of Sean Hannity with her.

September 19, 2008 at 3:04 pm |
  146. Robert

Jack,

I'd say it is long past over. She hasn't uttered a new thought or idea since her acception speech at the convention. She is made available to the press on a selective basis. She avoids issues in a way that makes VP Cheney look like an extrovert. I think the eyes of the electorate are opened more and more by the minute.

Robert
    North Port, FL

September 19, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  147. Frank, Tampa Beach

Jack, the real question is , is John McCain's 15 minutes of fame is
    over. Jack, she could always ask Bob Barr if he would let her run on
    his ticket. What could it hurt?(wink,wink).

Frank(retired).

September 19, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  148. Steve, Highlands Co., FL

KarenB (Polk Co) is here every day desperately trying to defend Ms Palin. If she would spend less time here writing comments and really listening to the lies she dribbles out every day she would see Ms Palin for what she really is for the GOP ticket.........window dressing in a vain attempt to gain female votes.

September 19, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  149. David,San Bernardino,CA.

The lipstick on a pitbull moment is over. We now have a real crisis to worry about. Palin's "first dude" announced that he is going to ignore his subpoena and not testify before the committee in Alaska along with all the others in Palin's staff. Now we have found out about the road to nowhere that Palin had built and the fact that she put her high school classmates on her staff and required loyalty oaths. Where did anyone come up with the reformer garbage? It all sounds like politics as usual. No wonder the McCain campaign tried to keep her record secret.

September 19, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  150. Michael Lungstrom

Fame? Is Sarah Palin famous? She's gained a lot of attention I don't know if that's fame.

September 19, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  151. Karen - Nashville

Please, please, please let it be so. This is a politician who thinks, "We are ready!" is an appropriate answer to every question. I wish she was ready to pack up and go home.

September 19, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  152. Lucy from Connecticut

Future Queen, Sarah Redneck, is still young...

Hopefully she will be taken away, perhaps to Gitmo or to the Tower of London, before she has a chance to reign and impose her outdated and outrageous principles on the rest of us.

Or maybe she'll get lost on her next Moose hunt... or fall out of the helicopter during her next air-raid on wolves.

September 19, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  153. Ryan-Galesburg, IL

Jack, I really hope not. I'm still expecting to see "trooper-gate" worked out on the Jerry Springer Show.

September 19, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  154. Don Pennsylvania

The lights are coming on and now her flame is fading out. It always goes this way when everything that comes out of your mouth ends up being a lie.

September 19, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  155. Don in South Dakota

Who is Sarah Palin, and why did she think she needed 15 minutes?

September 19, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  156. Louis, Los Angeles

Jack,
    Now that people are hearing what Palin has to say and where she stands on the issues, people are going to realize the honeymoon is over. And while they are at it, will somebody let Tina Fey have her glasses back?

September 19, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  157. Dina S., Ashland VA

Yes, and not a 15 minutes too soon.

September 19, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  158. Howard M. Bolingbrook IL

I certainly hope Ms. Palin's 15 minutes have come to an end. In watching her last interview with knuckle headed Hannity, on several points Gov. Palin just flatly lied. I have rarely heard someone talk as much as she did without coming to very many solid or salient points.

Lets hope we, the American people, are ready to get back to issues and put this celebrity nonsense to bed.

September 19, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  159. Susan, Atlanta, GA

She's was chosen as a gimmick for McCain to use to wake up is disinterested party. His judgement is impaired and the country sees it. Yes, her 15 minutes is up and the Republican party's eight years of mistakes is going to be finally over. Thank God!!!!!

September 19, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  160. Diane, Barneveld, NY

I think the fifteen minutes of sounbites are really over, but we will still hear them a few times before the sound gets turned off.

September 19, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  161. Dain B

If her 15 minutes are up, we don't get to see Tina Fay parody her any more. That would be a crime.

September 19, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  162. Scott - Wichita, Kansas

If it was over, would you be asking this question?

September 19, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  163. Tom in Desoto, Tx

One can only hope. Then again, there is Patty Murray, senator from Washington, who won on the tenny runner campaign. I know she's been re-elected at least once. Just proves sometimes a one trick pony has a long life. Hopefully Palin will be able to return to Alaska on November 5th so she can change diapers there instead of McCain's "Depends" in the Oval Office.

September 19, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  164. HD, NE

McCain knows he screwed up. Can you imagine how p***** he was when she said Palin – McCain administration.

It is starting to unravel for McCain...Alzheimers, you know!

September 19, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  165. Lyn, NC

The removal of Sarah Palin's shiny clear coat finish began at least 15 seconds, not minutes after Sen. Mccain announced she would be his VP.

Thanks to the bloggers and net root communities, we saw what lies beneath the pretty shiny exterior and got a horrifying glimpse of the far right extremist right-wing inner core.

We did not like what we saw. I'll bet that most American's won't like what they see either.

Thank goodness the rest of *normal* America is getting that same view of Gov. Palin that we have and it serve as a reminder that the old but true saying; "If it's too good to be true, it probably is" fits Sarah Palin like a glove!

Her 15 minutes of fame are over.

September 19, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  166. Gloria Steinberg

Is Barack Obama's 15 minutes over? Why Sarah Palin? Why are the negative questions always directed at Republicans? I didn't see this question when Obama came on the scene. All we heard was "what a great man he is" and "he sends a tingle up my leg." Good God. You old men better get used to the idea that Sarah is here to stay, and to win.

September 19, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  167. Bill, Quarryville, Pennsylvania

I think her 15 minutes of fame has ended. The only ability I have seen from her was the ability to double talk and dance around answering questions and then turning the microphone over to McCain. After their town hall meeting has ended she leaves signing autographs like a rock star would leaving a concert. If she thinks she can get away with answering soft ball questions on fox news in order to persuade women to vote for the ticket, she only insulted the intelligence of women voters.

September 19, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  168. Ankur from Michigan City, IN

I hope not. If she is keeps up in the spotlight we will be able to remember her name after this is all over.

September 19, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  169. Chris from Philadelphia PA

Yes, her time is done. Conservatives had their moment in the sun with an energized convention. Then there was some digging into Palin's background. It became abundantly clear that she is inadequately prepared to lead at the national level and just the same sort of secretive, vindictive, two-faced Republican that we have grown tired of the last eight years, oh, and don't forget the scandal that she is trying to ignore. Stick a fork in her.

September 19, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  170. Kevin Leo (Jonesboro, GA)

Her 15 minutes were up as soon as she claimed she had foriegn policy experience based on being able to see Russia from Alaska!

September 19, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  171. martha S ample

I sure hope so, her shrill voice drives me crazy. she never had fame in my eyes. please news media keep her off the boob tube.

Richmond VA.

September 19, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  172. Ol' Doc in Arlington Texas

Jack

Lord I hope so. There's only so much nonsense, stupidity, and flat out lying I can take in any one election cycle.

Doc

September 19, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  173. Julie in Michigan

As much as I can't stand hearing that woman screech...er, I mean talk, I am pretty happy that she's still being talked about. Let me explain, I want to know why it is that Sarah Palin's husband is refusing to cooperate with the investigation and even though he has been subpoenaed, he's not going to testify. Please tell me how this is legal!

It infuriates me that Sarah Palin and her husband have both decided that they aren't going to cooperate with the investigation that is underway regarding her firing her safety commissioner. Her husband has been subpoenaed and now it has been stated that he will not be testifying in the matter. I don't understand how this is fair/right/legal/allowed! There are LAWS in this country and they should be for EVERYONE!

So as far as I'm concerned, please keep covering it! I hope she gets a heck of a lot more time! Just none in the White House. I'd rather she spend her time in jail...

September 19, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  174. Jim from Sanborn, ny

Jack,
    unfortunately, no. Her 15 minutes of fame will, however likely turn into a longer period of less desirable notariety. Not quite infamy. She hasn't (yet) attacked Russia, although she may be installing a National Guard base on Little Diomede Island, complete with missile launchers and a tanning bed – you know, to reduce the repurcussions of SAD (that darn lack of sunshine thing). It is with regret that I say we will hear her more, although probably not hear more from her. She is a wind-up doll with a repeat message, that only gets updated when the campaign comes up with new lies, or she conjurs up her own (that darn teleprompter thingy). Let us hope that her her 15 minutes doesn't carry on much after the November elections, spare the follow up on the troopergate scandal that will no doubt get her removed from the governor's mansion. Does she get to keep the tanning bed?

September 19, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  175. Emily B of Northwest Iowa

Jack,
    Mrs. Palin's fifteen minutes were up, ten minutes after she arrived on stage. To try and paint her as the best the republican party has to offer for a vice presidential canidate was dishonest and to be truthful a disservice to her. Then to say she that she is the most experienced person dealing with energy issues in the United States was and is mind boggling. Quite frankly, Senator McCain failed miserably his first presidential decision. Grab the hook, the show is over.

September 19, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  176. Liam in WV

Yes, and about time. The thought of Sarah Palin as VP is disasterious and a mockery of the VP position.

The American people are finally seeing through the charade.

September 19, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  177. Dain B in NJ

If her 15 minutes are up, Tina Fay doesn't get to parody her any longer, and that would be a crime.

September 19, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  178. Meryl from NYC

Ms Palin's 15 minutes of fame were up 25 minutes ago,

September 19, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  179. John in Santa Barbara, CA

If her 15 minutes are up, she justs needs another incident, and it will start all over again. Maybe she can do a pole dance for us.

September 19, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  180. teriwebb

I really do hope so. And if it isn't then it should be soon. Because she really didn^t even deserve the first 15 minutes she got. Let's not give her anymore of our precious time. The times are too serious to be wasted on all of this and we need to get busy figuring out how to get our country back on track again.

September 19, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  181. Craig, Ocala FL

No her stock in american culture has risen to new levels, after the election when she heads home to Alaska there will be a very unfavorable swell over her. First she will get lots of media attention because her new lawyers will be gone and they will have those hearings, and then most Alaskan's will want her to explain about this daily per diem to travel from her bedroom to her living room, and finally her daughter will have that grandchild that she always wanted.

September 19, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  182. Louise L.Gallone

Jack, Palin is shrill, negative, and tiresome. Her fifteen minutes of fame should have been over fifteen minutes after it started!!

Louise IN

September 19, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  183. Jack

Well actually, the 15 minutes of fame will turn into the next 45 days of infamy as evidence continues to surface of a Sarah Palin who makes decisions too hastily, thrives in an us-versus-them mindset, and knows almost nothing about America’s big picture either domestically or internationally. Non-thinking and uninformed bravado is the hallmark of the last eight years. For the American electorate to vote for her and her running mate would suggest the USA has really lost her way.

September 19, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  184. nancy from cape girardeau, mo

It's just like high school or college Jack. When you really get to know the poplar girl or guy... their true colors start to show through. They are not as smart and nice as you thought they were.

September 19, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  185. Lee from FL

no she still has 5 minutes left to crash and burn in the debates.

September 19, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  186. Cindy

It's OVER Jack... I'm sure if McCain could take things back he would ina split second but it would look more horrible than it already does for him!

I kinda feel sorry for the poor guy... on second thought, not really. He untimately made the decision and now he's got to live with the consequences and they look pretty dire from where I'm sitting!

Obama for President!

September 19, 2008 at 3:31 pm |
  187. Mark in CA

What's the difference between a has-been and a never-was?

Sarah Palin.

September 19, 2008 at 3:31 pm |
  188. Texas Girl

Jack, ofcourse her 15 minutes of fame is over, and about time I get tired of hearing her scripted speech and I think America is too, she talked about that jet she put on ebay so much, and that Bridge to nowhere, and how herself and McCain is going to shake up Washington, I just recited the speech with her that's how much she has repeated those same line, bottom line Jack this woman has yet told America what she would do as VP and how she will help McCain, to be frank I can careless, because im for OBAMA

September 19, 2008 at 3:31 pm |
  189. Lynn, frustrated Republican

I listened to about 15 minutes of her speech before her "fame" was over for me – but I hope she just keeps talking and talking and talking until the soundbites run out – my bet: she won't even be able to get re-elected in Alaska.

September 19, 2008 at 3:31 pm |
  190. Barbara from Bentonville, AR

No. Wishful thinking.

September 19, 2008 at 3:32 pm |
  191. Mary

For this election cycle she is fading, but....watch out Romney, Guiliani, Huckabee, Gingrish, Frist, Dole, Hutchinson, and all the others....you just met the "face" of the GOP of the future.

September 19, 2008 at 3:32 pm |
  192. Joe in DE

Probably. She filled a void because both canidates were off he isues and getting most attention for attack ads. The emarkable thing about Palin is that she is an unremarkable person with no real qualifications for Vice Predsident.

September 19, 2008 at 3:32 pm |
  193. Helen from PA

Let's just say her 15 minutes of 'let's go easy on the new kid' are over. Now she is being treated like other candidates for a major office in this land. McCain is loosening the rein and Palin is becoming known for who she really is – someone who can read a script with passion but when she speaks her mind she turns people away. The truth is revealed that Palin was chosen for all the wrong reasons and McCain is now wishing he had chosen a different maverick – how about George W?

September 19, 2008 at 3:32 pm |
  194. Rex in Portland, Ore.

It all depends, Jack, upon her handlers. McSame and the RNC are not entirely out of tricks yet. They may keep this turtle on the post – McBarbie, I mean – for several more weeks just to show that they can do so.

September 19, 2008 at 3:32 pm |
  195. Sandy in Chicago

Oh God!!! We are still in deep trouble if Florida still believes McCain/Palin are the 'real thing'! Geez – must be the sun!
    Once upon a time, Palin said she would welcome an investigation in the Troopergate issue – now her husband won't even cooperate with the investigation... sounds like the same BS we have been dealing with for the last 8 years. So, McCain/Palin – where is the change??
    So, send Palin back to Alaska so the state legislators can put their "Where's Sarah' yellow buttons back on. Send her anywhere – just get her & her nasty voice off TV!!!

September 19, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  196. Emster

Jack – can you help explain something that baffles me? Why do the Palin supporters say that her performance is OK because she's just like us, and someone we know wouldn't do better at answering questions. Isn't that the wrong comparison? She should be evaluated compared to the other potential VP picks. Imagine how Pawlenty or Jindal or Ridge would handle interviews and appearances and how they'd react to the financial crisis. If you agree that her performance has been below par – then what does that tell you about McCain picking her? Add in all of her lies, and McCain going along with her lies and not vetting her in the first place, and it's clear that McCain did not put 'Country First' when selecting her. Maybe he's willing to take a risk with his VP pick, but I want a President who has more integrity and takes this nation's future more seriously!!

September 19, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  197. JW Georgia

Not until November. Until then she just presents too much Bushesque material for the comics, and Tina Fey is fully justified when she takes Saturday Night Live moose shots at her. But after November, it'll be "Sarah WHO?"

September 19, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  198. Roland

Is Sarah Palin's fifteen minutes of fame over? I think this fifteen minutes of fame will last at least eight more years. At least I hope so.
    Obama should be ahead in the polls by at least 20% right now if he hopes to win this election. I think he has peaked.

September 19, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  199. Barbara - 65 yr old white female in NC

Just saw one of the polls that says more men are for Palin. More women are against Palin.

Just shows to go you that men are thinking with their "little head" AGAIN.

God Help This Country

September 19, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  200. Susan from Georgia

It was over for me by the next day when I read about her abuse of power and the many lieas she has told to the American people. $50,000.00 to redecorate the mayors office, with no city council approval? Leaving Wasilla 20 million dollars in debt where thay had none? This woman was chosen to lure women, and for that purpose only. Fortunately, we a much smarter than the Republicans think we are!

September 19, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  201. Emma, San Jose, CA

If not, it would seem we are a nation of gullible citizens.

( You have consistently ignored my comments for the past two weeks). I wonder why.

September 19, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  202. Carlos Harrisburg PA

Yes it sure is actully it was over last friday. But the Mcsane crew did it for her. They didn't check her out before they picked her the only reason she got pick as the VP is becuse she is a woman.

I'm getting tire of the same lines she is using. Can someone write something for here anything the true for sure will help. We for sure would like to know that.
    Obama/Biden 08 / 12

September 19, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  203. Buster in Poughkeepsie, NY

No Jack, because you're still talking about her, making her even more famous. You must stop this nonstop obsession of Sarah my friend. I'm starting to think you have a THING for her.

September 19, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  204. just me

I sure hope so. Her Barbie doll image is increasingly tarnished. Wake up America. Her 15 minutes of fame was gone, as far as I am concerned, as soon as she opened her mouth with only script coming out of it.

September 19, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  205. mark (from Calgary)

Now that Sarah Palin's husband is refusing to testify under subpoena from the Alaskan government, it creates real doubt over who was the REAL governor of Alaska, Sarah, or her close-behind-the-scenes husband? What details of Sarah's governorship is Todd Palin really afraid of exposing?

That Sarah Palin used a personal Yahoo e-mail account for "official business" casts real doubt about her legitimacy. In other government scandals, this is usually done as an attempt to keep certain coresponsdence off the record (I'm thinking DIck Cneney's office during the Valerie Plame scandal).

Or is Sarah Palin also claiming her cost cutting replaced internal (and presumably secure) State of Alaska e-mails for obviously easily hackable Yahoo emails? As an IT professional, this is a truly laughable claim.

September 19, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  206. Vinnie Vino

Jack,

Besides being famous for her good looks, has her 15 minutes of political fame started yet, stick a fork in her she's done even before she started...

C.I., New York

September 19, 2008 at 3:42 pm |
  207. Joe St Louis, MO

Jack,

It is clear now that she is a nothing but a hood orniment for the straight talk express.

September 19, 2008 at 3:43 pm |
  208. mike, ohio

I hope so Jack. Lipstick only lasts for a day. Hockey is seasonal and I hope her season is over. She hasn’t been forthright with the American people claiming to be a reformer. I hope the people are smart enough to see through this nonsense.

September 19, 2008 at 3:43 pm |
  209. Dennis Bagwell - Jefferson Georgia

Does anyone realize that a "Maverick" is an unbranded, motherless range animal? Does Sarah Palin see herself as an unbranded cow? She will be as bad as Dick Cheney if she gets elected. The 15 minutes of time I've wasted on learning about her is about 14 and a half minutes of my life I can never get back.

September 19, 2008 at 3:45 pm |
  210. Rusty from Charlotte

Who knows? However, it needs to be over, so that she and her husband can go home a take care of their cildren.

September 19, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  211. Jes (State College, PA)

It will be over on halloween when palin masks outsell McCain masks, though McCain masks will scare the kids more.

September 19, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  212. Bruce from St. Paul MN

Sarah Palin's 15 minutes of fame are over, but her lipstick stain lingers on.

September 19, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  213. Erica,TX

Hi Jack,

Her 15 minutes of fame ended when she quoted that the breadth of her foreign policy experience was that (you can see Russia from Alaska). McCain has insulted the intelligence of the American people. After the distraction of the selection of Palin, people are waking up and tuning in, and they see that McCain and Palin don't have a clue on how to turn this economy around. Enough!

September 19, 2008 at 3:48 pm |
  214. Jennifer

Jack,
    How can one possibly have 15 minutes of fame if they repeat the same stump speech, selectively approach the media/public, and refuse to disclose information integral to understanding their past?

Honestly, Sarah Palin has never had 15 minutes of fame, because she never wanted it. Fame brings exposure, and I've the feeling she's a lot to hide.

You can't be phony & in the spotlight.

September 19, 2008 at 3:48 pm |
  215. mitchell ,arkansaw

i hope so. she is scary! we dont need a bush/cheney/rove/mccain/lieberman/hagee mushed together into a woman like palin. if that many people ,together, start speaking in tongues, no one will have a clue what she's talking about.

September 19, 2008 at 3:50 pm |
  216. Ray, Florida

Well Jack,

You can put lipstick on a pitbulll, but it doesn't get rid of the fleas!

September 19, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  217. Irene Osborne

She didn't last 15 seconds with me. I'm an 80 year old widow, white, Catholic and I don't like what I see. Electing this woman would be a disaster of major proportions. Our decision in this election is to go backwards to righteous absolutes or forward to the freedom to be responsible.

Irene Osborne, Billings, Montana

September 19, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  218. Stacy from Loudoun County, VA

Jack, it feels like high school. The hot new girl walks into the classroom and every guy’s turning his head to catch a glimpse. A few weeks later, another beautiful girl walks in and that hot new girl is just ‘another girl’. It’s just tough to stand out for too long before you are just another face in the crowd.

September 19, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  219. Beth from Canada

I'm sure it is Jack. I think her fame is heading for the same place where her bridge went ....... nowhere.....?

September 19, 2008 at 3:55 pm |
  220. Shirley, Cariere MS.

Her fame is starting to diminish. However in 46 days it will be completely over and she can return to Alasaka and deal with all the drama in her life. I reallyh wish the media would ignore her and focus on McCain and Obama

September 19, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  221. Martin Howell

Who's Palin again?

September 19, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  222. LEO, CANADA

I sure hope so!!!!!!! As a snowbird who loves to go south in the winter and have been for a few years, I do pay attention to your politics and truly hope the US citizens see her for what she really is.

Another thought, is there anything John can do without his wife or his pick for VP holding him up????

September 19, 2008 at 4:06 pm |
  223. John F (Willowbrook IL)

Jack: Sarah Palin's 15 minutes have been long over. I don't think many ppeople have read the article in the Inquirer. She has a 17 yr old daughter who is knocked up, the guilty guy said long ago he wasn't going to marry her. She had moved out. She has a son who is a drug addict, There was marriage infidelty in the family, and her first son was born shy of nine months after she was married. You wonder why Cindy Mccain is always around, John has a problem with wondering. Cindy, despite publically stating she was ok with Palin, she actually didn't know about it. I can't believe McCain thought he would get the Hillary Clinton women by naming a woman. He really doesn't know women. It is an insult to women to think they are going to vote for him because he has a woman on the ticket.

September 19, 2008 at 4:13 pm |
  224. Sharon J. White from Baltimore

Sadly – not quite yet... As long as you can still ask about her – it shows she has yet to be forgotten.

I think that after the elections her time will finally be up.

She is definitely fading as all fads do... I am still waiting for her big bubble to burst... POP!!! Fizzle... and OOPS!!! She will get caught in all of her lies... (and I mean all of them)...

September 19, 2008 at 4:14 pm |
  225. Rebecca Michigan

I sure hope so. I saw right through this lady the minute the facts started coming out on her. However, there are some people so infatuated about her they will look at the facts are lies. These same people will vote for her, not McCain, and then 2 years from now deny they voted for her when our country is in more wars than we can handle. People need to get a grip and all I can do is hold on to my HOPE.

September 19, 2008 at 4:14 pm |
  226. me46

The flavor of the day is one of the things that really frustrates us viewers who watch the news for real issues and answers. Fame is nothing more than manic curiosity and it fades once you are no longer entertaining (right, Jack? jk). If the building is on fire and the walls are collapsing who wants to watch a mime? Sara Palin's star has faded.

Tom M.
    hra

September 19, 2008 at 4:17 pm |
  227. Xavier from CA

Well, Palin was a trend, and now she's just out of fashion.
    Like Ms. Blum says "One day you're in, and one day you're out."

Makes alot of sense 😉

September 19, 2008 at 4:17 pm |
  228. Jim york

Jack when the Wall Street Journal Blasts McCain!!!!
    Dumb is as Dumb be!!!!!! for McCain!!
    Can we Really afford to have another bottom of the class in charge of this country?? I don' think so.
    America.... we had better wise UP!!!!!!!!

September 19, 2008 at 4:18 pm |
  229. don in naples, florida

Sarah Palin has a great story, and an ideal life. She lives the american dream. She does seem like one of a typical family. These things however are not what people vote on. People will ultimately vote for the political views that she maintains. Her recent exposure in the press shows Sarah Palin as typical of the bush style of politics. And to steal a quote, "thanks, but no thanks" we will vote for someone other than a bush clone.

September 19, 2008 at 4:18 pm |
  230. Doug in New Mexico

Anyone who would advocate hunting wolves and bears from an airplane is just sick and indifferent to the suffering of these poor animals that are mutilated and die agonizing deaths. I grew up and hunter and would never dream of slaughtering any animal for sport or allowing it to die slowly. What kind of person would encourage this? Why Palin of course. She is a sick scary woman without decency. If she would allow this to happen to animals what might she do or allow to happen to people?

September 19, 2008 at 4:18 pm |
  231. Raj Mungol

Now that the 15 minutes are over. do we have a date for the wedding as yet?

September 19, 2008 at 4:18 pm |
  232. Thomas Desmond

I predict she will be dumped before the election because of Troopergate.

September 19, 2008 at 4:48 pm |
  233. Bradley S

Sarah Pal-in is now Sarah Pal-out of momentum!

September 19, 2008 at 4:48 pm |
  234. Mary Kish

Well Jack, at this point you have 210 comments and only 1 in favor of Palin,so I guess the fat lady is getting warmed up to sing, and I for one will hope to never hear that irratating voice again.

September 19, 2008 at 4:48 pm |
  235. Leah, Vancouver

With her picture alsways on the "political" ticker and the constant ridiculous blogs that McCain creates as a distraction, my guess is the media is still wanting to continue the "fame". Otherwise, I hope it is as her repetitive speech, her outlandish pronouncements, and her lies which has been disproved I sure hope so. Her and her running mate are making the US the laughing stock of the world!!

September 19, 2008 at 4:48 pm |
  236. AJ in Massachusetts

15 minutes of what...? Who...?

Sorry, I must've been sleeping.

September 19, 2008 at 4:49 pm |
  237. Art

I think she actually had 20 minutes, so yes it is over.

September 19, 2008 at 4:50 pm |
  238. Sherry-Michigan

Sarah Palin WHO cares. She is window dressing. Women should be totally upset that she was pick as McCain's running mate, She was a one up for the republican party After Clinton. He did'nt pick her for her knowledge of government he pick her for a republican window dressing. SHAME ON McCAIN

September 19, 2008 at 4:50 pm |
  239. Steve from Hudson, MA

It's looking more and more like her 15 minutes are up for this campaign, but don't count her out altogether. If you saw her rattle off all those "one-liners" at the DNC, I think she has a great shot at making Last Comic Standing. If that fails, there's always America's Top Model or the Surreal Life.

September 19, 2008 at 4:51 pm |
  240. Lyn Lutrzykowski

I hope the hell so. I couldn't take that voice for four years, I'll tell you that.

September 19, 2008 at 4:51 pm |
  241. paula

Jack
    I sure hope so.Sarha/Todd are just the the Bush. They think there are above the law.Isaw right thru sarha lipstick.Sarha is hidding something and it must be big. That why mccain doesn't it out.
    paula

September 19, 2008 at 4:51 pm |
  242. Kelly from NY, NY

Sarah Palin is an absolute disaster on all fronts: tax and economic policy, separation of church and state, the entire gamut of women's issues, (alleged) nepotism and ethics violations, and – don't forget – foreign policy. She's unfit in literally every single way. You couldn't pay me to vote for a ticket with her name on it if you promised me a fraction of her federal earmark money.

September 19, 2008 at 4:51 pm |
  243. rose buffalo

no john needs cindy and sara,s pretty faces so we are distracted

September 19, 2008 at 4:54 pm |
  244. Deb (New York)

I sure hope so...I can't stand the fargo accent.

September 19, 2008 at 4:54 pm |
  245. Raymond Duke/Gatesville,Tx.

To Jim York : I hate to inform you of this but that low class you are talking about is one such as your Black Messiah , Obama Both or Ivy League school graduate. Maybe we ought to put someone in who graduated from a state univerisity rather than a Harvard or Yale graduate which Obama and Bush both are. It was a stupid comment really since most presidents have been Ivy league graduates thus we have the problem we now face due to these intelligent graduates.

September 19, 2008 at 4:55 pm |
  246. fred hughes

As each day goe by, the real intentions for picking Sarah Palin becomes more and more obvious. And, it is insulting to wemon that she has allowed herself to be used like this. The longer she stays out front, the more she looks like a "Stepford Wife". It is really too bad. Fred, Livingston, AL..

September 19, 2008 at 4:56 pm |
  247. paul from elgin,illinois

Sara Palin's 15 Minutes Of Fame Lasted About 14 Minutes Too Long!

September 19, 2008 at 4:56 pm |
  248. Ralph Addison

I think John McCain accomplished what he wanted by selecting Sarah Palin, it takes the heat off him and makes her the talking point. But this is going to backfire on him.
    Ralph in Tucson, Az

September 19, 2008 at 4:56 pm |
  249. Ralph

I had my 15 minutes of fame and it was all too short. Sarah Pallin isn't qualified for president and deserves more than 15 minutes before the press to prove it. Ralph, Yakima, WA.

September 19, 2008 at 4:56 pm |
  250. Chuck in Alabama

No, she's the media's new punching bag now that Hillary is out of the picture. As long as she's alive you will all be slinging mud at her and digging in her backyard for skeletons.

September 19, 2008 at 4:56 pm |
  251. Alan, Buxton Maine

One can only hope so. She is even more shallow and insincere than McSame. Until she came along I hadn't thought that possible.

September 19, 2008 at 4:56 pm |
  252. Fred from San Jose

Let's send out Miss Teen USA as our ambasador to the Middle East and Europe. Her cluelessness will discourage any future terrorist attack as USA is already stricken by mental deficiency disease. Then she will be famous for more than 15 mins.

September 19, 2008 at 4:57 pm |
  253. Karen Janbaz

Palin's 15-minutes are almost up on the national scene. But, I would really like to hear about her return to Alaska after she loses the election. No more earmarks for Alaska. I am sure there will be quite a crowd waiting for her and the "First Dude" at the airport. I hope CNN will cover it.

September 19, 2008 at 4:57 pm |
  254. Dennis Toms

Sarah who?

September 19, 2008 at 4:57 pm |
  255. Big Jeff, Reseda CA

She's the new Dan Quayle, always good for an "interesting" quote.

I'll give her my unused 15 minutes just to see Tina Fey play her for the rest of the SNL season.

September 19, 2008 at 4:58 pm |
  256. Jeff from Toronto

She is done. Thank God!

September 19, 2008 at 4:58 pm |
  257. Ken from North Carolina

As to Palin, Lincon (a Republican) said it best "you cant fool all af the people all of the time".

September 19, 2008 at 4:58 pm |
  258. Barb Mc - Union, MO

Not quite...we still have the debate here in St. Louis. I hope SNL schedules Tina Fey after that.

September 19, 2008 at 4:58 pm |
  259. Lisa , Florida

UGH! I hope so! The sound of her voice is like nails on a chalk board to me. More from the reading the lines off the prompter, one liner answers and no subtance ideas.
    It is like an actor playing a Dr. trying to do a true, hands on heart surgery. There is no way you could sell me on the idea she is qualified for such an important position.

September 19, 2008 at 4:58 pm |
  260. Jonathan, Milwaukee, WI

Yes, the Sarah Palin craze is about over. The single issue voters on the Christian Right may continue to be energized by her presence on the ticket, but the general excitement about her as a VP candidate will continue to fade the more people see her as being more of the same on the issues, and the more people realize that she will be another secretive VP, unwilling now even to allow a proper investigation in the Troopergate scandal – – sounds a bit too much to me like the Justice Department scandal that still hasn't been resolved.

September 19, 2008 at 4:58 pm |
  261. Libby--Bellevue, Nebraska

Nooooo, I need to hear that she said "Thanks but, no thanks" to that bridge to nowhere and about how she sold that plane on e-bay and all the other manufactured lies the McCain camp can come up with. John McCain supposedly invented the blackberry so I'm sure that by this time next week she'll be the inventor of the i-pod. That last lie will be easier to believe than the one about her having foreign policy experience because she can see Russia from her house.

September 19, 2008 at 4:59 pm |
  262. Jamie Martin

Let's hope her 15 minutes of fame are over! While many at her campaign stops (and many in the media) were scrambling to know who makes her glasses, what type of "snow machine" she rides, and what shade of lipstick she wears, our national financial security was crumbling. The real threat is that her 15 minutes of fame will extend – the real threat is that a McCain/Palin administration would be counted upon to deal with this econonomy. John McCain has acknowledged that he knows little about the economy and Sara Palin knows less – regardless of the fashionable glasses.

September 19, 2008 at 4:59 pm |
  263. Carolyn in Houston

I think so Jack. Maybe others like me realize that Sarah Palin is George W. Bush in a dress. Her interview with Charlie Gibon pretty much did it for me.

September 19, 2008 at 4:59 pm |
  264. Delilah

Sarah Palin is a big Joke. But, don't let her fool you. She is sly. If not, why won't she let her staff, her dude, and herself open up to the Troopergate investigation?
    Delilah
    Hampton, VA

September 19, 2008 at 4:59 pm |
  265. Jack D. Blythe

Yes, and 15 minutes was too much. Now she can focus on being indicted in Alaska.

September 19, 2008 at 5:00 pm |
  266. Vicki from NJ

Let's see first what happens with the Vice President Debates. Let's not be too hasty to say 15 minutes and if you look at all of these comments, I haven't noticed any from her own state of Alaska. So could it be that maybe she has some substance after all, and we are all being so judgmental.

I definitely am disappointed with anyone though who would allow aerial hunting of any animal so I'm extremely disappointed that she's okay with that while at the same time she's against abortion. So it's okay to have a planet full of humans but no animals, I guess. It's so cruel and inhumane. I hope the government passes the "PAW" act.

September 19, 2008 at 5:00 pm |
  267. Paul

Jack 5 seconds left and I'm counting!

September 19, 2008 at 5:00 pm |
  268. Andrew, Brier WA

Probably not completely up.

After all, we still remember Dan Quayle...

September 19, 2008 at 5:00 pm |
  269. Shobe

It's not over Jack, 1 week later, we'll find a new controversy involving Sarah Palin and then she'll be on the news for another 15 minutes of fame. Rinse and Repeat... How else does she get so much coverage?

September 19, 2008 at 5:00 pm |
  270. Matt

I've got a feeling that unless something substantial comes of the witchhunt in Alaska, and I dont believe anything will, you'll have to talk about her in about 3 years during the Republican primaries.

September 19, 2008 at 5:00 pm |
  271. Neatha from Kansas City

When you start to take the lipstick off, the truth starts to show through. Once she is not speaking from a prompter with a canned speech, people (even the one's that wanted to hope beyond hope) start to see the truth, just like she can see Russia.
    Abuse of power, incorrect statments, lies and mispronouncing nuclear, sounds a bit too familiar for most Americans.

I can't wait for the debates, bring'em on!

September 19, 2008 at 5:01 pm |
  272. Paddie in Sturgis, Michigan

We can only hope. What I want to know is why are Todd Palin and Cindy McCain ALWAYS there? Are they joined at the hip? Can't go anywhere without him/her. I'm certainly not impressed with any of them.

September 19, 2008 at 5:01 pm |