June 6th, 2008

Most important thing for Hillary to say tomorrow?

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/06/art.clinton.pr.back.gi.jpg caption=]

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Looks like tomorrow will be the end of the road for Hillary Clinton. After 16 months of campaigning to become the first major party woman candidate for president, she is expected to endorse Barack Obama at an event in Washington.

And it now looks like the Democrats are finally on their way to healing the bruises of an often nasty primary season. Last night, Clinton and Obama met face-to-face, all alone, at Senator Dianne Feinstein's Washington home.

Feinstein, who was a Clinton supporter, says the two candidates emerged laughing after the hour-long meeting in her living room. She called it a deeply personal time, saying Obama is trying to put things together for a major presidential campaign. Feinstein said there is a lot of decompression going on and many frayed nerve endings that need to come together.

As Clinton prepares to suspend her campaign – which actually means she'll keep her delegates – other pieces are falling into place for Obama. Senate Majority leader Harry Reid, who had remained uncommitted through this entire process, endorsed Obama today, calling him a "once-in-a-generation leader." New York's 23-member Democratic delegation in the House has collectively endorsed Obama; some of them had been among Clinton's strongest supporters. Also, Ohio Governor Ted Strickland, a longtime Clinton backer, came out for Obama.

The big question mark hanging over reconciling the Democratic Party is what kind of relationship will ultimately exist between Clinton and Obama following one of the longest, and at times nasty, primary battles ever.

Here’s my question to you: What's the single most important thing for Hillary Clinton to say tomorrow?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

D. from Maryland writes:
Clinton must tell her supporters that they need to re-channel their energy in support of Barack Obama or the Democrats will lose the presidential election. They are in a unique position to have their voices really heard because without the Clinton supporters, Democrats lose. The real legacy of the Clinton supporters will be judged in November by their actions. What is more important, a woman president or a Democratic Party victory?

Art from Detroit writes:
"I've decided to run as a third party candidate!" Just joking, or wishing, kind of. Many of us still think she's the best choice; that's why we voted for her. And all the vitriol from Obama supporters and especially you, Cafferty, hasn't changed our minds. It's really kind of made some of us anti-Obama. Remember, husband Bill won both times in a 3-man race.

Weezie from Ohio writes:
She'll get on stage and act like she's being forced to give a speech in support of Barack Obama so that she can get the media going again. This will get her supporters all hyped up and keep her drama going. The next thing you know, we'll be in Denver. That's when she'll drop the bombshell and say her campaign is no longer suspended. A leopard doesn't change her spots in four days! She's taking this to Denver, Jack. You just aren't supposed to know it!

Alyssa from Grayson, Georgia writes:
That she is completely ending her campaign and releasing her delegates. If she does not do this, then any espousal of supporting Obama and unity of the party is just shallow talk. She cannot be believed or trusted if she insists on staying in this "stand by with my delegates in case something happens" mode.

Doug from Arizona writes:
Hillary needs to strongly encourage all her supporters to vote for Obama in November. Right now, they would rather vote for insane McCain, which is a third term for Bush, or not vote at all just because their candidate didn’t win. To me, that is extremely selfish, petty, and childish!

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. toby from sedona

that Obama won

June 6, 2008 at 2:14 pm |
  2. Angus McDugan

She should say "I am pulling out of the Democratic race for president and will be running as an independent."

June 6, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  3. sarah, Indiana

she should say " i will not campaign against obama but i will not be a part of his loser train wreck.... see ya in 4 yrs."

June 6, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  4. Mark, Oklahoma City

Hillary should proudly stand in front of her supporters and say, "Thank you, for all your support and yes, I am accepting the Vice-Presidential spot whether asked or not."

June 6, 2008 at 2:17 pm |
  5. RichLouden, Seattle, Wa

The most important thing Jack,
    would be for her to remind her supporters that if they respect her, then respect her decisions and support her decisions.

If she fully endorses Senator Obama, then they should too...

June 6, 2008 at 2:17 pm |
  6. Tom in Desoto Texas

That she lost without any qualifications and fully support Obama. Anything short of that is not helping the democrats win the White House.

June 6, 2008 at 2:17 pm |
  7. Steve

How about for starters, "My fellow Americans, I'm truely sorry."

June 6, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  8. Bob L from Philadelphia, PA

That's she's going to become an Independent and run in the fall. Just kidding. She needs to have Barack there with her and at the end of her speech, she needs to introduce him as the next President of the United States. She also needs to say that she will stay in the Senate to fight for Universal Healthcare and other important Democratic Issues. Finally, she needs to say that Bill Clinton will be nowhere near this election.

June 6, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  9. Brian from Fort Mill, S.C.

Hillary needs to say two things: "Thank you", and "I'm sorry!"

June 6, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  10. Maggie Muggins From Selwyn

The truth would be best by reminding everyone the Florida and Michigan primaries had absolutely nothing to do with the final results of the nominating process and her assertations were simply political posturing.

The next best thing would be to remind everyone the war and Bush policies have resulted in the U.S. having an enormous debt load to China and if these same policies are to be continued then it is only logical this debt will grow proportionality. If it goes on long enough it may make history as the only time one nation has conquered another nation without ever having to fire a shot.

June 6, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  11. Chicago Bob from Illinois

She needs to say that Obama is the candidate and that's she is for him 100% and will work tirelessly to make sure that Obama and the democrats are elected.

June 6, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  12. J. W. in Germany

I congratulate you, Senator Obama for winning the Democratic nomination and for making history. I thank all of my supporters and ask them to join me now to support our Democratic Party Nominee, Senator Barack Obama!

June 6, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  13. Tom in New Hope, MN

It is time for my supports to back Barack Obama. I'm going back to being New York's Senator.

June 6, 2008 at 2:20 pm |
  14. Terry in Hanover County

"Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the next President of the United States – Barack Obama."

June 6, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  15. Brian - NYC

She needs to accept defeat and end her campaign, not suspend it, and endorse Obama like she claimed she would.

June 6, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  16. don in naples, florida

I don't care what hillary has to say, or if she gives any speech at all. That fire has been extinguished– on to Mccain now.

June 6, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  17. Karen, Idaho Falls Idaho

Hi Jack,

Senator Clinton should say " Congratulations and Good Luck in November.

June 6, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  18. Shane from Montreal

Ackowledge Obama once and for all as the official nominee would be a good place to start

June 6, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  19. Mark, Berwyn, PA

She needs to quit the race, not just suspend her campaign. This person has earned zero trust with all but the older, white women vote. So all those non-older, white women will be very skeptical of her true motives if she doesn't "do what she says". If she's backing Obama, back him 100% and that means giving him all your delegates. Something tells me she will not do anything of that nature.

June 6, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  20. Mark - Asheville, NC

It's what she should NOT say. If she endorses Obama then she is stuck: when the next revelations (preacher eruptions or whatever) come out and his numbers sink, she couldn't then pick her campaign back up. The Republicans probably have the goods on him already, but are waiting until after the convention to bring it all out – if she endorses him now she will have far fewer options when he is clearly not viable.

June 6, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  21. Staci from Nashville, Tn

That she was wrong for being so stubborn, and selfish. That she realized it was not about her. But that she supports Obama full hearted, and that she will work in his campaign, no matter where. And that for her supporters, she doesn't think that the VP position is best for her. But of course that is wishful thinking, right Jack. Like you said the other day, If frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their butts when they jump, now would they.

June 6, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  22. stuart-berthoud colorado

I want her to say something along the lines of, "I am giving my full support and endorsement to senator Obama, and want to make it clear that my supporters who want to switch to McCain are making a very idiotic choice"

June 6, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  23. Pat,Lexington, Ky.

She must say that she will not try to get the nomination for herself. THAT's the biggee. Then she must throw all of her resources – including Bill – behind Obama.

June 6, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  24. Jim in Cape Coral, FL

Jack,
    The most important thing she could say, in my opinion, would be to retract her statement from earlier this year when she stated, "John McCain would make a better President then Obama." Words like that have a way of sticking with people and the most important thing for the democratic party, including Clinton supporters, is to unite behind the parties nominee and prepare to take our country back from the demolition team that is the Bush administration.

June 6, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  25. Adam Mercer Oshawa, Ontario

"I would not accept an appointment to the ticket in the role of candidate for the Vice-Presidency."

June 6, 2008 at 2:26 pm |
  26. wally rehmann in las Vegas

that her and bill have decided to move to the south pole and shant ever bother us again.

June 6, 2008 at 2:27 pm |
  27. David,San Bernardino,CA.

Vote for Obama.

June 6, 2008 at 2:27 pm |
  28. Talana in Eugene, OR

"I'm sorry that I was so disillusioned that I was going to win for several weeks when the math clearly didn't add up. I will be enrolling in Math 101 at my local community college. While there I may also look into the student counseling department to help with my over-inflated ego and my apparent detachment to reality. I may also spend some time at a local elementary school to learn how to play by the rules."

At least, if she were to learn from her mistakes she'd say that!

June 6, 2008 at 2:27 pm |
  29. Carol

"I'll be running as an Independent and asking Bill to be my vice president. "Happy Days will be here again" will be our theme song. We will end the war, pay of again the Republican debt, secure Socail Security, and work to bring health care to every citizen. Plus to turn around our depending on oil. We will go green."

Now thats a dream ticket.

Carol

June 6, 2008 at 2:27 pm |
  30. Mimi, Silver Spring, MD

Sen. Clinton should say that she is the one responsible for the division of the Democratic party, so she is stepping down so that Obama can fix her mess and unite everyone.

June 6, 2008 at 2:28 pm |
  31. Teri in FL

That she needs all of her supporters to vote for Obama – otherwise she will prove that she is not ready to lead our country if she can't lead her most ardent followers to vote for the same issues or policies that she built her campaign on. She needs to remind them that if they vote for McCain, it would be an added insult to her abilities and beliefs.

June 6, 2008 at 2:28 pm |
  32. Tom, Ft Lauderdale

Jack I

I suspect above all she will most likely ask for her kitchen sink returned.. I would encourage Barack to return it the same manner as it received

June 6, 2008 at 2:28 pm |
  33. Mark K. in Kalamazoo MI

"Obama Won. Vote for him. Voting for McCain will violate everything that you and I believed in and fought for. My campaign will have all been in vain."

June 6, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  34. Sara, Minnesota

How about:
    He won fair and square.I lost. He is an excellent candidate, much better than John McCain. I urge you to vote for Barack Obama in November, because I know I sure will.

Wishful thinking?

June 6, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  35. Ron in Indiana

She needs to admit the better person won fair and square.

June 6, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  36. R. Allen, MD

Use the Southwest airline slogan and tell her supporters they're now free to move about the country and support Obama. Give him congrats and that she'll campaign just as hard for him as she did for herself.

June 6, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  37. Victoria from Kelowna, BC

She must stress party unity and not tolerate any chants of "Denver! Denver!" from her supporters. No more divisive comments or false claims of winning the popular vote – if she wants to maintain even a bit of whatever dignity she has left, she must back Obama 100%.

June 6, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  38. Kristen- Philadelphia, PA

I don’t know if tomorrow is going to be all about what Hillary says opposed to how she says it. We know she will throw her support behind Obama, but what is skeptical is how sincere is she? Actions speak a lot louder than words and suspending her campaign instead of ending it speaks volumes to me. What does suspending it do, to me suspending something means eventually it will start back up again. Is she still hoping to be the nominee or something?

I want to feel her sincerity tomorrow. There is so much animosity within the party between her supporters and his, seeing a sincere Hillary giving a 2 min speech would mean a whole lot more than listening to a 30min speech she doesn’t mean. I hope for this party’s sake she says something she really means and it’s about us as democrats and Americans not just her and her 18million voters.

June 6, 2008 at 2:31 pm |
  39. Dave from Arlington, MA

That's easy. She must say in the strongest possible terms that a vote for John McCain from Hillary supporters is the most foolish thing that they could choose to do. In fact, maybe she should just say that over and over for the entire length of her speech. It's a major point that just isn't getting across yet.

June 6, 2008 at 2:31 pm |
  40. Anne/Seattle

Lets hear "I am committed to campaigning for Barack Obama's election as President of the United States and I ask all those millions who supported me to now follow my example and commit to the election of Barak Obama".

June 6, 2008 at 2:31 pm |
  41. Tom, Avon, Maine, The Heart of Democracy

The country is more important than any firsts for any nationalities or sexes. What the country needs is to turn back from the brink of Bush bungling and bad faith with the American people, bad faith with the Congress, bad faith with his Press Secretaries. It is change or die for America and the whole planet.

June 6, 2008 at 2:31 pm |
  42. Ted

That everyone who voted for her should vote for Obama. That and she is interested in the Democratic Party, not the VP.

Wisconsin

June 6, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  43. TS

Anything but "me" or "I."

June 6, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  44. DeniseGa

Clinton needs to address the angry comments, we've seen on the blog and internet. She needs to strongly encourage her supporters to not vote for McCain, out of anger. She need to help them understand, they are hurting themselves, voting for McCain, and she needs to be sincere!

Clinton has a problem when speaking, only using I, me, my, mine. She need to stop thinking of herself!

June 6, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  45. Anna, SW Missouri

Hillary needs to make it clear to her supporters that a vote for McCain is a vote against everything she has spent her entire adult life working for. We in the blog world keep trying to tell them, but they do not believe it. It has to come from her lips or we are doomed to 4 more years of the Bush failed policies.

June 6, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  46. CarrieinSterling,VA

Congratulations and good luck-you'll need it! Obama may have won the primary contest–but just barely. At the end you should be gaining support, not loosing it. She has to help him to save her reputation-but I would n'texpect much more than the obligatory minimum.I won't vote for him no matter what she says–and either will my mother or my three daughters!

June 6, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  47. Larry from Georgetown, Tx

That she doesn't believe that she should be asked to be VP since she doesn't fit the mold for the changes that need to be made in Washington but truly believes that Obama can lead us in a new direction to move us forward in the battle against economy, terror, and ourselves. This would be the truth and would be refreshing just as Obama was with the DNC.

June 6, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  48. Jake Hillsboro, OR

HILLARY: "As for being Vice President, NO thank you. Bill would interfere and cause far more trouble than either of us want,"

June 6, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  49. Scott - Wichita, Kansas

Nothing. She's said enough.

June 6, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  50. Nora Corpus Christi Texas

She should say I believe with all my heart that Obama is the best man for the job and he will beat John McCain in november, that way the democrats can win back the white house. Will she? I hate to say it, I don't trust her, We all know how hard it will be for her to do this, but it is time for her to do it.

June 6, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  51. TESAP; SAVANNAH, GA

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING......... SHE LOST

June 6, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  52. Frank from Peterborough

She should release her delegates and urge them to support Obama but there is a better chance of John McCain being elected than that ever happening.

June 6, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  53. sandy in Ohio

Jack, Hillary needs to say she endorses Obama and will work tirelessly to get him elected. She needs to say that he cares deeply about the issues that she campaigned on and that he also cares about the future roll of women in National Politics. She needs to remind all Democrats that this election is too important to our country to let petty grudges put a Republican back in the White House. Most of all she needs to make it about the people and the country and not Hillary.

June 6, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  54. Raj, Toronto

That Obama plans are the same that I (Hillary) hold dear for this nation. Talk about similarities and why not voting for him will destroy the country. She needs to talk to her supports and explain the reasoning, that he won fair and square, he has run a clean campaign so there is no reason to be mad at him, and he has 95% the same solutions to America's problems.

June 6, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  55. Tom from Boston, Mass.

Simple. She has to say the American public has decided and the better candidate has won. Then she needs to not only throw her support behind Obama, but state in the strongest terms possible that she wants all of her supporters to forget the campaign battle and support Obama and work very hard for his election and the defeat of McBush. And then – and this is the hardest part – she needs to shut up.

June 6, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  56. Terri, from Texas

I would think the most important thing she should say is "congratulations to Sen Obama for winning a fight that was fought with dignity and honest", then proceed to endorse him. She should likewise encourage her loyal supporters to remember that it's not about her, but about the Democratic party. She should remind us that the sum of her and Obama's differences, pale in comparison to those of Sen. McCain.

June 6, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  57. Michael Lorton, Virginia

Jack: I don't think whatever Hillary say tomorrow will matter. Her hiatus of a four day non-concession to digest defeat has already set the prelude of her sincerity. Whatever she says will only be words without a hearbeat. She is houvering and is still n the game......make not doubt about that.

June 6, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  58. Geri Britt

I think what Hillary has to say tomorrow has a great deal to do with what she and Obama have discussed in private conversations since Tuesday. I think it would be nice of her to not only give support to Obama in his bid for president but that she encourages her supporters to do the same.

Now. This is to the women out there, that gender of which I am a part. Ladies, those of you who were for Hillary (I was not one of them) try not to do what women usually do, and that is to pack your grievances and disappointment over Hillary's loss away in those two suitcases you are carrying around that are already filled with enough of your grievances and disappointments as it is. Let's all try looking in the windshield and not in the rearview mirror.

Rememer: The nature of consciousness dictates that if there is one or more parties involved in the decision making process regarding any choice, then the greatest number of people who are in agreement win. If no two people or party are in agreement then you have Supreme Courts dictating the outcome of elections like 2000. My suggestion: If you want your Democratic party to win come November then you better start agreeing to Obama's nomination NOW and then follow through and support him.

Geri Britt – Mead, OK

June 6, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  59. Paul

Jack,
    The most important thing for Hillary to say tomorrow is for ALL her supporters to get behind Obama and take back the Whte House.

Paul

Austin, Texas

June 6, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  60. Mark in Ann Arbor

Hillary needs to cede her delegates to Obama and tell the angry white women who were her core to chill: Why? Obama will not bomb Iran and McCain will. That mere threat my by Israel today made oil spike over $11.25. McSame will destroy what's left of America.

June 6, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  61. Rosalynd Florida

That she endorses Obama as the Democratic nominee for President of the United States and that she will work with Senator Obama to ensure the Democrast not only take back the White House in 2008 but increase their congressional numbers in the Senate and the House.

June 6, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  62. Rosalynd Florida

That she endorses Obama as the Democratic nominee for President of the United States and that she will work with Senator Obama to ensure the Democrats not only take back the White House in 2008 but increase their congressional numbers in the Senate and the House.

June 6, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  63. David, Orlando, FL

She has to say several things;

1) It was a hard fight. I’m a tough cookie but you still beat me. So I know you will beat McBush.
    2) I am 100% behind you and I urge ALL those who supported me, regardless of any personal feelings, to support and vote for you also. This one is way too important to loose to a loose cannon like McBush with THE BUTTON on his desk.
    3) An abstain or a vote for McBush will not just shoot the Democratic Party in the foot it will be shooting ourselves in the head. We can’t afford that.
    4) Look how distorted the 1st Bush made the Supreme Court and the result; one can’t even imagine the damage a 100% conservative court could do over the next 30 years if McBush continues the Bush appointment philosophy.

I could go on all night, but that alone is more than enough reason to support Obama as we Clintons are.

June 6, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  64. Tom - Las Vegas, Nevada

Anything but "I'll see you at the convention."

June 6, 2008 at 2:42 pm |
  65. Eric Cheung

In order for her endorsement to be sincere I think an apology for her tactics should be a component of her speech–an admission that she was part of the stuff that Washington needs to change and that she will do her best to change her ways to encourage government transparency and concensus-building.

June 6, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  66. Aaron, Denver CO

She needs to speak to gender the way Barack spoke about race; openly and honestly. However, if she does candidly speak about gender, she needs to walk the fine line between a strong woman acknowleding defeat and playing the victim card.

June 6, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  67. bill goverman

Studio City, CA. Jack, She needs to say 4. things...1) I lost....2) Congratulations Mr. Obama.....3) she needs to start referring to Obama as the next president of the United States....( she had 5 opportunity's to do so at AIPAC and continued to say the next president )and she needs to address women and point out clearly that not supporting Obama means an end of Roe vs Wade and more of our children dying in the oil fields of the middle east!

June 6, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  68. Paula in Albuquerque

"Goodbye!"

June 6, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  69. Uncle Whitey

I hope she apologizes for her pandering, her rudeness, her lying, and other bad behaviors this election cycle.

June 6, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  70. pugas-AZ

I surrender

June 6, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  71. Tony from Torrington

Bill, pack up and leave.

June 6, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  72. Andrea - Denver, CO

BYE!

June 6, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  73. Conor in Chicago

Jack,

This is what she needs to say:

"A vote for McCain is not a vote FOR me, it is a vote AGAINST me since he stands for everything I don't"

June 6, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  74. Rex in Portland, Ore.

"Good-bye"

June 6, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  75. Brian - Trinidad

She should acknowledge that Obama will be the nominee and that she supports his bid to become President.It would be an added bonus if she also says that she will not join the ticket in the interests of the party as the Clinton name is a lightning rod that will take the focus away from Obama and onto her.

June 6, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  76. J.C. from Raleigh, NC

Jack,
    Without making her campaign criticism of Obama seem completely spurious, Mrs. Clinton should affirm the following notions:
    * Obama has displayed great judgment.
    * Obama is inspirational and transformative.
    * Obama would be ready from day one.
    * Obama has shattered a glass ceiling.
    * Obama would be an effective representive of every segment of
    society.
    Next, Hillary should promise to campaign within her constituency for Obama. She should also offer to serve Obama in any role that he envisions for her.
    Doing this will not only help Obama but would also have a positive effect on her future.

June 6, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  77. Bill in New London, CT

She needs to find some creative ways to go back on her earlier comments about Obama not being ready - some way to reconcile that she wasn't lying then, but now she's come to some new epiphany about Obama. Other than that, she needs to SLAM McCain to combat his attempt to steal her followers. They have to know that the ultimate way to honor her and her historic race would be to vote for Obama and take back the White House for Democrats.

June 6, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  78. Shirley-Ohio

Jack, she should say "We must all unite and rally around Obama so that the democrates can regain the white house". What else is there to say.

June 6, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  79. Robert McDiarmid (San Francisco)

The most important thing that Clinton can say tomorrow (after passionately endorsing Obama) is this:

"I know you're disappointed and many of you are angry - at the Party, at the media. I know some of you are considering voting for Senator McCain as a result. I hope you'll take the time between now and November to consider what even one vote for John McCain could mean. Years of war – despite McCain's newest tv-spot claiming to "hate" war – he doesn't seem to hesitate continuing a failed policy resulting in hundreds of thousands of deaths – MOSTLY Iraqi. It would also put the Supreme Court nomination path in the hands of a calculating conservative who would seek justices wanting to repeal Roe v. Wade. America must unite behind Barack Obama and take back the White House to heal the damage eight years of the GOP has done domestically and overseas. We must defeat John McCain."

June 6, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  80. bill goverman

Studio City, CA. Jack , she needs to adress her supporters tell them to let go of their bitterness and to wake up and smell the coffee. The sore loser aspect of all of this is getting more tiresome than the 5 day wait for her withdrawal.

June 6, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  81. leevaughn brown

Hey Jack
    I'm going home to take care of my family, All my supporters should stand firmly behind Sen. Obama as I will, but I have decided to take some time off and reflect on the future. Also I need to go shop for a bike.
    Cinti, Ohio

June 6, 2008 at 2:47 pm |
  82. Stacy from Farifax, Virginia

That she and Obama are going to work together, in whatever capacity, to make the real changes that America so desperately needs.
    She should end it by saying, "Yes, WE Can."

June 6, 2008 at 2:47 pm |
  83. Ken

After what the dnc did to her the most important thing she can say is thank you for cheating me out of delegates. Thats why I have switched my affiliation to Independent. See you in November schmucks.

June 6, 2008 at 2:49 pm |
  84. Stacy from Virginia

Jack,

“I’ve got a crush on Obama!”

June 6, 2008 at 2:49 pm |
  85. c

I think Clinton should focus on uniting the democratic party by encouraging her voters or supporters to back up Obama. I definitely think it is important since a lot of her supporters could vote for John McCain or not vote at all. She has got to stand by what she said during her campaign which was forward with change and uniting the democratic party.

http:hateitorloveit.typepad.com/hate_it_or_love_it

June 6, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  86. Ray, Florida

Barack Obama will be ready on day one!!

June 6, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  87. Paul Cameron

Hilary Clinton needs to announce her total support of Obama and she really needs to speak publicly to the 18 million so-call Hilary supporters (invisible voters) an encourage them to support Obama as well. It's hard to accept defeat...in her case it's hard to give in, give out, give up. Hey, it's over, Hilary. Tell Bill to turn out the lights, Obama the nominee,
    Paul Cameron
    Sainte Genevieve, MO

June 6, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  88. Gregory 18 (Memphis)

I congratulate SEnator Obama for his win! He won fair and square. I under estimated his ability to campaign. To my supporters, even though I'm not interested in the Vice President Job, I want you to support the Democratic Nominee. I also would like to say I pologize to my sypporters for not conceding when the time was right. Iwas acting un-ladylike and like a spoiled brat.

June 6, 2008 at 2:52 pm |
  89. will in los angeles

He's right. The war never should of been authorized. My bad.

June 6, 2008 at 2:52 pm |
  90. Dennis in IA

She needs to say, "I am sorry" for voting to authorize the war, for the sniper fire speech(that she gave in Dubuque IA – to start the fiasco) to the Obama supporters for the bad things she said about him. Guess what – the Celestial Choirs are singing, the heavens are opening, and Barack has been annointed as the Democratic Party nominee – I guess the People have spoken! Oh – the claiming of the most votes – did not include we small people of IA, AK, KS, etc.

June 6, 2008 at 2:52 pm |
  91. Pablo in Arlington Texas

Jack
    I am afraid it don't matter much what she says. After the Legion of We Lost, the Sour Grapes Brigade, and the Self Appointed Punditry get through parsing it and analyzing it seven ways from sundown to find it's "real" meaning, nobody will be able to tell what the "heck" she said.

Pablo

June 6, 2008 at 2:52 pm |
  92. Caryn, Washington DC

Hillary MUST acknowledge Senator Obama as the rightful Democratic nominee and URGE her supporters to join her in getting him elected to the White House. This is the last opportunity for her to call for unity. Don't blow it again, Hill.

June 6, 2008 at 2:52 pm |
  93. Miko Kansas city

She should tell the truth behind her campaign "suspension". Is it so she can pay down her debt or is she acting as a volture circling around Obama in hopes to stealing his spot. She should 100% endorse him. She should speak on the importance of standing behind Obama and having the democratic party win back the white house. While he was her opponent ,she should point out the good that Barack would do for the country, point out the bad that McBush would do. Do it with it grace and whole heartedly, genuine. It will speak volumes to america if both Bill and Chelsea were present. Please no evil smirks, clinched teeth and eye-rolling (maybe its just an unconscious thing, who knows).

June 6, 2008 at 2:52 pm |
  94. Perry J

I am running as an independent
    perry j
    council bluffs iowa

June 6, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  95. Greg ...Cabot AR

Hiliary should first, congratulate him on winning, second, offer all of her pledged delegates and super delegates to him without pre-conditons, third step back and humbly ask: "how can I help"....

Anything less will signal that she still feels entitled to maintain some control over HIS campaign and muscle into his spotlight.

June 6, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  96. Patricia

She needs to thank her supporters & then tell them why they need to stop & think & then support Sen. Obama.... & she will do that.

June 6, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  97. Emma, San Jose, CA

She should avoid saying that 18 million people voted for her and she should strongly emphasize that McCain's platform is faulty.

June 6, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  98. Ray Kinserlow

I would say something like this, "The fat lady in the pantsuit has sung! I am asking my delegates to the Democratic convention to vote for Barack Obama, the next President of the United States!"

Ray Kinserlow
    Lubbock, Texas

June 6, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  99. Drew, Central FL

Yeah! DEMS UNITE! ! ! Unite against the REAL adversaries John McSame and the GOP!

June 6, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  100. bill goverman

geri britt beautifull post..thank you

June 6, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  101. Helen from Mifflin County, PA

That she will no longer hold hostage the voters or delegates who supported her. They need to have the freedom to get to know Obama so the democrats can win in November. I'm hoping Obama does not have to push her down the road to 'let my people go!'

June 6, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  102. M. Burke

"You won't have Hillary to kick around any more"

June 6, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  103. D.J.Lauter

The most important thing that Hillary must say is "I'm gone"
    D. Lauter
    California

June 6, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  104. ken

goodbye

June 6, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  105. roger dowdle lockhart, tx

Clinton needs tostay in the race in order to raise money for her debt, but she should instruct her delegates to support Obama.She should also admit that it was poor planning and her misadministration of her campaign that cost her the nomination, not sexism! (although there was sexism in the media)

June 6, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  106. CRAIG R. MCNEES

tampa, fl. how about that she is very happy the dmc will pay off her outstanding debts she has run up and yes, i will be most happy to be vice president for how ever long obama is in office. she and bill would like to be just a few heartbeats away from the presidency.

June 6, 2008 at 2:56 pm |
  107. Bill,Quarryville. PA

She should admit that senator Obama has won the democratic party's nomination. She should then said she supports his nomination 100% and ask the people that supported her, to support senator Obama because he will make a better president than Senator Mccain.

June 6, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  108. Susie (British Columbia)

The most important thing that Hillary can say tomorrow is to admit her defeat and endorse Senator Barack Obama. Primary is over now so lets move on to claim the White House in November. If she love America she will put her own interest aside and put the American peoples' future first before anything else. She has to understand that Senator Barack Obamas' success will be her own parties success too. This is her opportunity to become the voice of the people in America. She is a very intelligent and smart woman that she will do the right thing to declare her support to Senator Barack Obama.
    Canada for Obama

June 6, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  109. Chryssa

"I will not be running for Vice President."

Boise, ID

June 6, 2008 at 2:58 pm |
  110. steven-michigan

that her and bill arn't going anywhere, that obama asked them to be his vp's, and they get the master sweet in the white house, and not to worry because after 8years of being the VP, her and bill will be running again for the top stop, we have many more golden years with the clintons, and to top it off their daughter should be ready to be president after all that!!

June 6, 2008 at 2:59 pm |
  111. Jerry from Fayetteville, TN

Perhaps she should say something like "I will work tirelessly to insure that Americans come together and elect Barack Obama as their next President. I will support his candidacy and his administration to the best of my ability."

That sort of humility would go a long way in bringing the party together.

June 6, 2008 at 2:59 pm |
  112. C. Farrell, Houston, Tx

I'm here to announce my support for the next president of the United States, Barack Obama and we will defeat John McCain.

June 6, 2008 at 3:00 pm |
  113. Mary - California

Jack-the smartest strategy that Hillary Clinton could do in her closing speech is to be brief, kind, supportive of the Democratic elect Obama
    and end it there. Mrs. Clinton has "burned many bridges" of her own doing and with the help of Bill Clinton. It is very sad indeed, for she
    is very knowledgeable, but personality, honesty and kindness goes a long way. To push for the VP position is not a smart move, to push for any other office under Obama is also not a smart move. She needs to let the "chips fall where they may".

June 6, 2008 at 3:00 pm |
  114. Greg form Mechanicsburg PA

It is not so much what she says tomorrow that truly matters. What does matter is how strongly Clinton campaigns for him, especially in those states where her base came out strong. There are a great many Hillaryites out there who hold strong resentment toward Obama that only she can convince to forgive, forget and support him.

June 6, 2008 at 3:00 pm |
  115. Marty, Idaho

That it's time to clean the kitchen and return the sink to it's proper place so it can be thrown at the real opponent later. Anyone know a good plumber?

June 6, 2008 at 3:01 pm |
  116. Carlos Harrisburg PA

She should say is over I am going home.

June 6, 2008 at 3:01 pm |
  117. Loni Craft

she needs to say.."uh..bye bye" and stay the hell away from Barack's campaign and administration. Period

June 6, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  118. AndyZ Fairfax, VA

Hillary needs to state what, if any, purpose she has for not conceeding to Obama. Is it an issue she wants in the Democratic Platform? The Vice-Presidential position? Her version of health care? Time to come clean and let everyone know what your are thinking Hillary.

June 6, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  119. Howard M, Bolingbrook IL

Hillary must say, that Obama won the primaries. She must say, she endorses and will support his candidacy to be President. She must say, that regardless of who Obama selects for the Vice Presidency she will, encourage her one time supporters to fully support the Obama ticket.

Lastly, if and when Mrs. Clinton goes out to actively support Obama, I hope her face and eyes don't betray her words, as they did at the AIPAC conference, when she spoke in a positive manner about Obama.

June 6, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  120. Kay in WV

She needs to find a way to convince female voters in particular that a McCain win, while punishing a party and a media that was increasingly gender-biased, would damage the country in ways that they don't want to be responsible for having done.

June 6, 2008 at 3:04 pm |
  121. Jan Davis, Knoxville, TN

I think she is a little late in congratulating Obama. That speech Tuesday night was a big mistake on her part. It is always best to take the high road but she was obviously thinking she had been cheated and that she was a victim of sexism, neither of which I think happened. Maybe she can say on Saturday that she fully supports Obama and will campaign vigorously for him, but she has been caught in so many lies during the campaign that many of us don't trust anything she says!

June 6, 2008 at 3:04 pm |
  122. Ronda (Arizona)

Hillary needs to admit defeat and do it graciously! How can she expect anyone on the campain trail to take her seriously if she continues with the nonsense that she "actually" won! She needs to inform her supporters that Obama won fair and square because he played by the party rules and nothing else. Then she needs to ASK them to support him and she needs to be sincere in her request! If she cant or wont do that, then I think she should just go away and stay out of the press with any comment she may have regarding the general election!

June 6, 2008 at 3:04 pm |
  123. Bill,Al.

Hillary should say this: "This race has silenced the voices of most of middle-class America! So now I am going to run for the office of the Presidency of the United States of America,on the Independent ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are about to embark on a ride,not unlike the "Midnight ride of Paul Revere",and I need your help,once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go to" Independents for Hillaryclinton.com." and give me your continued.......support.....and lets let middle-class America have the last say......................"

June 6, 2008 at 3:04 pm |
  124. Mecca

Goodbye Democratic Party, I'm running Independent!
    She would win the National elections!
    Mecca from Florida

June 6, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  125. Jerry -Roselle, Illinois

Jack

Hillary should say:

"Ladies and Gentleman Start your Engines"

And lets kick the Republicans out of power for the good
    of the whole country.
    My name is Hillary Clinton and I approve this mesage,

June 6, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  126. Jenny

Jack

There are two tings I would love to hear from Hillary.
    1. Obama my delegates are yous.
    2. I am not interested in nor will I accept an offer of the Vice President of the United States.

I would love to hear her say that Obama won fair and square but I ain't holding my breath.

Jenny Rome GA

June 6, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  127. Kevin Mass

# 1 Vote for Barrack Obama in November
    #2 I do not seek nor will I accept the nomination for Vice President.
    #3 Thank you for all your support.

June 6, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  128. Jesse Mehle

Hillary Clinton needs to apologies to Sentor Obama, her family, friends, supports and the American people for the way she has acted the last week. What she did was disgraceful and she needs to admit what she did was wrong! That is what adults do.

Jesse
    Duluth MN

June 6, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  129. Jerry,OK

See you in 2012...

Jerry N/Tulsa

June 6, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  130. Chuck in Eugene Oregon

The most important thing Jack. That she withdraws her name from the nomination. NOT SUSPEND rather with draw, stop, cease or what ever; but NOT SUSPEND. As long as she hangs on some of her supporters will hang on to the notion that she is still in the race and that she will become the next president. Sorry but I do not TRUST the Clintons, they have proved them selves to be capable of nearly anything to win, and as long as she remains she keeps that door open for the Clinton's and her diehard fans. Other than that I really dont care what she says, because I will have a hard time beliving anything that comes from her mouth as long as she only Suspends her bid.

June 6, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  131. A Kraft Naples, FL

who cares...she already showed she is sore loser...and that she has no class, no conscience, I wont be listening I dont care what she says and havent for the past 12 months.

June 6, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  132. Al, Lawrence KS

Whatever she says, someone should check to make sure she doesn't have her fingers crossed behind her back.

June 6, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  133. Lenore Z.

Since we MUST listen to her say something, the most important thing she could say is that she urges all her followers to start supporting Obama. Then she should quickly conclude her speech by giving him her delegates, and then get off the stage.

June 6, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  134. Juanita from IN

She should graciously apologize to America and Sen. Obama for taking so long to congratulate Sen. Obama on making history in becoming the first African American to head a the Democratic Party.

She should be open and honest about her feelings regarding taking back the White House as part of the Democratic Party.

She should encourage everyone, not just her supporters, to join her in rallying behind not in front of Sen Obama. Nor will she be on the side of him because he has Michelle for that.

June 6, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  135. Pat,Lexington, Ky.

To Talana In Eugene, Oregon: Your comment is terrific!!!!!!!!

June 6, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  136. Greg, Hamilton Ontario

She, like her husband, has the ability to lie to the people with a straight face and think nothing of it. So anything more than "I'm out and support Obama" shouldn't be listened to anyway.

June 6, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  137. Susan- Dallas Texas

Go to Hillaryclinton.com and for a small contribution you too can learn how to "Roll With the Credits"!!!!

June 6, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  138. Julie, NY

I'd like to announce my intention to run on an Independent ticket for President of the US. I am not doing this for me. Rather, I am doing this for the 18 million people that were invisible to the Bush administration in the last 8 years and invisible to the Democratic Party and the media in the last 6 months.

June 6, 2008 at 3:12 pm |
  139. Don Bezler

Jack, Hillary should sayshe worked HARD but Obama DID a better
    JOB & beat her BUTT.

June 6, 2008 at 3:12 pm |
  140. Step

The most important thing she could say is... "I'm willingly endorsing Obama". "I was wrong in the way I behaved on Tuesday. There was no excuse. I should have been over there with Obama to celebrate our victory". I know Obama will make a great President. I apologize for making negative comments. And no, I was not under sniper fire".

So, some those things Jackd would be would be good to hear from her.

June 6, 2008 at 3:12 pm |
  141. Joan East coast

She needs to congratulate Obama and try to make her supporters realize they will only hurt themselves by not supporting Obama. There is no reason to release the delegates as that is a tool most better used to help shape the platform. Also, one never knows what the future brings and. as Obama will not be the official Dem candidate until after the convention, she needs to be prepared for anything negative that may come out about Obama before the convention. If she gave up her delegates she would be behind others that ran earlier.

June 6, 2008 at 3:12 pm |
  142. coffeedrinker

she should say "these women are still bitter"

June 6, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  143. Jan from Ohio

In order or her to save what little political clout she may have left, it is IMPERITIVE that she 1) congratulate Sen. Obama on a well run campaign & an impressive win; 2) she can then thank all of her LOYAL supporters (not the Operation Chaos and racist voters), 3) then she MUST tell her TRULY DEMOCRATIC supporters to join her & Bubba in rallying around & supporting our presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee – Sen. Barack Obama!

I would be satified with that – although I would LOVE it and FORGIVE HER if she formally APOLOGIZES for all of the horrendous & derogatory things she & Bill had said during the primary race. (I know, DREAM ON!!!)

June 6, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  144. Angelique Haverford, PA

"I'm Leaving on a Freight Train, Don't Know when I'll be back Again"!

June 6, 2008 at 4:56 pm |
  145. Ben Prieto, Silver Spring, MD

Hopefullly she will emphasize one of her recurrent campaign statements that beating McCain conltinues to be the foremost priority in the continuing race for the White House.

June 6, 2008 at 4:56 pm |
  146. Jay, Mississippi

Jack, the single most important statement that Hillary can make is that I will work tireless to insure that you are the next President, I will support your candidacy at the same level of commitment that I supported my own. I believe in your capabilites and your ideals. You are better for America than John Mccain.

June 6, 2008 at 4:57 pm |
  147. Ben Prieto, Silver Spring, MD

That she will continue to do her best to secure the presidency for the Democratic Party this November and urges her supporters to do the same.

June 6, 2008 at 4:58 pm |
  148. Dianne

Hillary Clinton needs acknowlege BARACK OBAMA is the Presumptive Democratic Nominee '08, that she fully ENDORSES Barack Obama & that she releases her delegates to endorse Barack Obama. It's time for UNITY.

June 6, 2008 at 4:58 pm |
  149. Frieda Arpoika

I just hope that whatever she says, its something that you commentators have nothing to pick apart. I am so sick of all the negative comments about this woman who is such an icon for a whole generation of women. She has brought women to the equality that was promised to us on paper but never given in reality - until lately. Just as Obama made history, so did she. Just stop being so negative about her. That is all I want. Give her her due, just as you expect her supporters to give Obama his due.

June 6, 2008 at 4:59 pm |
  150. Donna

Hillary should first and foremost let Mr. Obama know that he fought the good fight, he won, and that she will do everything she can to help him and the entire democratic party defeat John[McBush] McCain in November. She should be the most gracious loser he has ever met,and she should congratulate him for his win. In a perfect world this would happen. In Hillary Clintons' world.......who knows Donna from Colorado Springs, Co [republican country]

June 6, 2008 at 4:59 pm |
  151. Francys

That she never intended to muscle her way on to the VP spot and that she will assist Obama in whatever role he thinks would help him win the presidency.

June 6, 2008 at 4:59 pm |
  152. Brian from Granada Hills, CA

She should just say that she has a lifetime of experience and that McCain has a lifetime of experience and that Barack H. Obama has a speech he made in 2002. I think that would work don't you Jack?

June 6, 2008 at 5:01 pm |
  153. Jenny

That, if the political pundits, and party members such as Bill Richardson,Joe Andrews and John Edwards had not tried to influence the voters, the super-delegates and the primaries, the division in the democratic party would not have been so contentious. The media, instead of reporting on what was actually said, tried to also influence the race by placing spin on words, rather than reporting those words. And last, since when did protocol for rapping up a rally of a strong Presidential candidate be that he/she make a concession speech right away as so many pundits and political leaders have impugned. Does anyone remember Reagan when Gerald Ford rapped up the nomination, and Ted Kennedy when Jimmy Carter won enough delegates. Shame on all of you.

June 6, 2008 at 5:01 pm |
  154. Tina

In a perfect world she would start by admitting that the nomination was NOT STOLEN from her. Thanks to her supporters, praise for Obama, and plenty of emphasis on how identical Obama's policies are to hers. There should also be a HEAVY emphasis on not voting McCain in for a third Bush term...we'll see.

June 6, 2008 at 5:01 pm |
  155. Bill Ogletree

Jack,

Hillary should say that she endorses Obama and feels she could serve the Democratic Party in better ways than the vice presidency.

Bill
    Houston, Texas

June 6, 2008 at 5:02 pm |
  156. Brian Scully

Goodbye.

June 6, 2008 at 5:29 pm |
  157. Gerry Gilbert

Mrs. Clinton will put on her best pants suit and graciously congratulate Senator Obama for becoming the nominee of the Democratic party and tell her supporters that she urges/expects them to support Senator Obama and the democratic ticket. She will also say she will work tirelessly to defeat John McCain.

June 6, 2008 at 5:29 pm |
  158. Colleen Kelly

Congratulations Obama!! To all my supporters Thankyou!! The best is yet to come!!God Bless America!

June 6, 2008 at 5:29 pm |
  159. Pat McCann

I'd like to hear her say: "I'll do whatever I can, and accept any role offered to me to ensure that Barack Obama is elected president in November."

June 6, 2008 at 5:29 pm |
  160. RNS, Seattle WA

1. Obama won fairly
    2. My apologies for being a poor sport
    3. Dear supporters, if you really support me, vote for Sen. Obama, because that's what I intend to do.
    and finally...

4. If you are African-American and/or woman, I apologize if my comments or behavior offended you.
    5. If you are Caucasian, I am sorry if I implied that you are a racist – to vote for me during the primaries.

June 6, 2008 at 5:30 pm |
  161. Will - San Luis Obispo CA

She needs to publicly ask Obama, when elected, if she can become the White House phone operator. Then, she will be answering the phone at 3AM and Democrats can finally unite.

June 6, 2008 at 5:30 pm |
  162. Joanne

Hillary needs to read "Who Moved My Cheese?" by Spencer Johnson, MD. It's not too late. After reading this book she will realize her mistake, hopefully take some responsibility and exhale. Hillary's proverbial "Cheese" realized they were being taken for granted and moved on. What ever she says in her concession speech should be humble. It may refill her "Cheese" supply if she intends to repair & improve her politcal existence.

J.A.
    New Yorker

June 6, 2008 at 5:30 pm |
  163. Steve

It is more about what she doesn't say; will she actually be able to give a speech without saying that she is still the most electable candidate?

Steve
    Denver

June 6, 2008 at 5:30 pm |
  164. Lynn - Fairfax, VA

Senator Clinton should say that she is accepting Senator McCain's offer to be his running mate.

June 6, 2008 at 5:31 pm |
  165. Mike , CA

I will not accept or want the VP Job, Hillary in 12

June 6, 2008 at 5:31 pm |
  166. Perry

I know what I wish she would say. "I was wrong not to congratulate Senator Obama when he captured the nomination". "I have been fixated on myself like I was royalty and people owed me the nomination". "I'm sorry". I have always said that Hillary wanted to be tough like the men. But she cannot be a man. Case in point: If she were a man, she would have known something about sportmanship. Thank God she is not in the Oval Office.

June 6, 2008 at 5:31 pm |
  167. pks keswick

We are going to the convention!! Just a note from a WHOLE voter.. Obama should NOT expect millions of Hillary voters to go into the gentle night..switched my registration to Republican after that display of flawed democracy in action on May 31...1/2 vote indeed. I respect Senator Clinton but will not follow her lead in getting on the band wagon for Obama...NEVER!

June 6, 2008 at 5:31 pm |
  168. Randy Hill

Apology, No way. Both these opponents have inspired millions of voters and onlookers around the world. Once a dream, now forever a door wide open. Inspiration it spreads like wild fires and changes and regenerates the landscape.Obama/Clinton is the only ticket. hopefuly all involved will see the winds of change.
    Mac.E. Villian

June 6, 2008 at 5:31 pm |
  169. jason twombley-missouri

Hillary should QUIT and CONCEDE DEFEAT

June 6, 2008 at 5:31 pm |
  170. Manfred

She should apologize for creating anti-Obama sentiment among her followers and pledge to reverse that sentiment in the future Oh, and cut out the talk of "suspension" of her candidacy–it leaves the impression that she's just waiting for the right opportunity to pounce on Obama.

June 6, 2008 at 5:31 pm |
  171. Jim in San Jose

She needs to make the point that the most important activity at this moment in time is to make certain that a democrat gets into the White House and that democrat is Barack Obama. Period. No ifs, ands, buts, VP offerings, etc. Any other action constitutes a vote for John McCain and George Bush.

June 6, 2008 at 5:31 pm |
  172. Tanya from Texas

Jack,
    She should tell us all that she endorses Obama and that she will do whatever he and the party asks to unite eveyone and win back the White House. That should be her only goal..........well, that and pay off her debt so she doesn't look like a dead beat candidate!!!!!!

June 6, 2008 at 5:31 pm |
  173. Will - San Luis Obispo CA

She needs to publicly ask Obama if she can become the White House phone operator in his administration. Then, she will be answering the phone at 3AM and Democrats can finally unite.

June 6, 2008 at 5:31 pm |
  174. danielbyrd

I just don't get it. If Obama and his supporters need her that much, they should not engage in any childish and sexist Hillary-basing now. Period.

June 6, 2008 at 5:31 pm |
  175. Anita

she should say " this isn't about me, it's what's best for our country and the world, and what's best is for a democrat to lead our nation, and that democrat is Barack Obama.

June 6, 2008 at 5:32 pm |
  176. Dan

Th Th Th ........Th....That's All Folks!

June 6, 2008 at 5:32 pm |
  177. taylor richmond virginia

"Lets kick some GOP butt!"

June 6, 2008 at 5:32 pm |
  178. Stephane from Houston, TX

I think Senator Clinton should simply end rather than suspend her campaign and formally endorse Senator Obama; A mere suspension of her campaign implies that, although the people have spoken, Senator Clinton still believes she deserved the nomination and that she will eventually be ready to play chess games to forcibly weigh in the rest of the process. This has been coming for weeks now, but it is not too late Hillary, you can still preserve your dignity and help the Democratic Party and the Country move forward.

P.S. Get Bill and Chelsea to help as well

June 6, 2008 at 5:32 pm |
  179. Awe, NY

I am getting sick and tired of all these Hillary supporters who blame gender discrimination as the reason why Hillary lost. Peleasssee!! Stop it already. These women want to cry gender discrimination and they are themselves practitioners of racial discrimination, not only against Mr Obama but against other women who have contested the democratic primaries in the past such as Carol Mosley Braun and Shirley Chisholm who were both black. Where was the white feminist movement when these women were running for office? They dont support women, they only support White women.

June 6, 2008 at 5:32 pm |
  180. Teejus in CID

"You can have ALL my delegates for your Presidential run. Do select a good-as-me VPer ".

I am running as an Independent, with Bill as my VP.

June 6, 2008 at 6:13 pm |