May 14th, 2008

What would you ask Hillary Clinton?

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/05/14/art.clinton.wv.rally.gi.jpg caption=" Clinton after her win in West Virginia."]

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Hillary Clinton is sort of starting to look like the last guest at a dinner party who doesn't recognize that it's time to go.

Her win in West Virginia is being called "large but largely symbolic." That's because the numbers just don't add up. In West Virginia she won 20 delegates. Barack Obama won 8, a net gain of only 12 for her.

In fact, Obama's lead over Clinton has actually increased in the last week despite her big West Virginia win. He picked up two more superdelegates today, a sign that the Democratic leaders know exactly where this thing is headed. The Associated Press reports Obama has picked up an additional 30 superdelegates in the past week. He now leads Clinton by 11; she once led him by more than 100.

One of these new Obama superdelegates is Roy Romer, former Democratic Party chairman, who told reporters, "This race, I believe, is over." He says only Clinton can decide when to withdraw, but that it's time to focus on the general election.

Obama is also being endorsed by three former chairmen of the Securities and Exchange Commission, one of whom was appointed by Hillary's husband, former President Bill Clinton.

Rubbing salt in the wound, this afternoon Obama received the endorsement of NARAL Pro-Choice America, a leading abortion rights group which has supported Hillary Clinton throughout her entire political career.

All this seems to beg the question: What part of "go away" doesn't Hillary Clinton understand?

Here’s my question to you: If you could interview Senator Hillary Clinton, what would you ask her?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Steve writes:
I would ask why we need another president who can't see when it is right to get out (leave the campaign trail), why we need another president who can't balance a budget (running her campaign in the red), and why we need a president who will not listen to the experts (gas tax holiday). How would she be a different decision maker that George Bush?

Angus writes:
I’d ask her to explain her feelings and involvement in her husband's pardoning of all those criminals during his time as president.

Dave from Iowa City, Iowa writes:
I would ask her how she did in math in high school. She doesn't seem very good at it.

Tracy from Indianapolis writes:
Jack, I would ask her why she is trying to get Michigan and Florida to count when she agreed as all the others that they would not count.

Janet from Capon Bridge, West Virginia writes:
I would ask her: Please tell me you won't quit, that you will stay in the race until the last vote is counted.

Debbie from New Jersey writes:
I would ask her to look into her heart and be honest. Is she more concerned about the country and Democratic Party than she is about her winning? And, if her answer is yes, then I would ask her why she isn't supporting and campaigning for the person who can win the most votes come November. It certainly isn't her. If it were, she would have them now.

Gary from Long Beach, California writes:
I'd ask: Would you entertain a re-vote in California, a primary you won months ago? Here on the left coast, we'd love the chance to switch sides. How's your confidence that it could never happen?

Marylee from Atlanta writes:
Hillary, Just how many pantsuits do you own?

Posted by
Filed under: 2008 Election • Hillary Clinton
  1. sarah, Indiana

i would ask her to please not take any vice president spot from obama. that way she can be the president in four yrs. when mccain leaves office.

May 14, 2008 at 2:02 pm |
  2. Dave P.

Jack,

I would ask her how she did in math in high school. She doesn't seem very good at it and I wonder if she is forgetting how its done or if she never knew.

Dave P
    Iowa City, Iowa

May 14, 2008 at 2:02 pm |
  3. Carol c.

If you love this country as much as you say you do, why don't you take the high road and see the math and help the democratic party by supporting Sen. Obama?

Carol
    Knoxville, TN

May 14, 2008 at 2:03 pm |
  4. Angus McDugan

Explain her feelings and involvement in her husband's pardoning of all those criminals durring his reign.

May 14, 2008 at 2:04 pm |
  5. spencer

No question just a comment.. Hillary Get Florida and Michigan seated..Stand your ground take on the these male biggots in the party , Barack did take his own name off the ballet in Michigan, I say seat the delegates as is.. They say its not fair because his name wasn't on the ballet..But that is not your fault..Proceed on. Obama could have left his own name on the ballet in Michigan..

May 14, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  6. Terry from North Carolina

Jack
    Very simply put, I would ask her when will she realize that its over and call Barack and wish him good luck ?

May 14, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  7. Alex, MI

Is is too much a sacrifice for you to pull out of this context to save the party you love. And will you work for Obama if he finally becomes the nominee of the Democratic party?

May 14, 2008 at 2:08 pm |
  8. Soothsayer in Indy

I would ask her where her true patriotism and caring for the welfare of this country have been hiding. Also is she that bent on destroying the Democratic party?

May 14, 2008 at 2:08 pm |
  9. Mark in Kalamazoo

Dear Hillary,
    Daddy taught me not to throw good money after bad. Now, why should I be writing you a check?

May 14, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  10. John in San Diego

Jack, I would ask her how she plans to support Barack Obama, both in his quest for the presidency and once he becomes president.

May 14, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  11. David,San Bernardino,CA.

I would ask her why she doesn't use her parents middle-class,union roots more. She has been letting Obama's people get away away with saying that she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She is a self-made woman. Tell people more about that.

May 14, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  12. Anthony Smith

I would ask her that if she was elected, would she hold grudges against the many backstabbers (ie...Richardson) and not appoint any of them to cabinet positions? Because I definately see the real possibility that the ones who threw her under the bus and showed no loyalty to Bill's administration, would then try to suck up to her for various positions in the administration. Politicians have a way about them that resembles leeches!

Wildwood Crest, NJ

May 14, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  13. Nicole Booker

Simply, what are her true motives for continuing in the democratic race?

Nicole
    Portland, Or

May 14, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  14. Sue, Bloomington, IN

Why are you still taking money from people? That 11 year old boy who you talked about last night in your speech gave over $400 to your campaign. How could you take that from him? At this point, you are taking money under false pretenses–that you still have a chance at the nomination.

May 14, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  15. Yve Fort Washington, MD

I'd ask, "How'd you learn to lie so easily? Did you learn that from Bill during your marriage or all on your own?"

May 14, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  16. Brian from Fort Mill, S.C.

I would ask her, "How do you feel now, after using the Kitchen Sink strategy against Barack Obama, knowing that it caused you to lose so many superdelegates, and only helped you to win a few states?"

I mean, she's trying every trick in the book to gain superdelegate support, and no matter what she does, she's constantly losing them. So far, several of her superdelegates have switched sides to Obama, and not a single one of his superdelegates has jumped ship.

The biggest difference between the two is that he has run a positive campaign, and she has run a negative campaign. She has to know that by now. I hope she's learned from this. I used to like her, until she was seduced by the "dark side", and became a Karl Rove disciple.

May 14, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  17. Don Ocala, FL.

People who have known you and Bill over many years have repeatly stated that you feel you have an inherit right to the White House and that you are enraged that anyone would challenge your path to the Presidency. Why do you feel this way and who do you believe gave you this devine decree?

May 14, 2008 at 2:11 pm |
  18. janet in wv

please tell me you won't quit you will stay in the race until the last vote is counted ;Janet from capon bridge, wv

May 14, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  19. steve riley

I would ask why we need another president that can't see when it is right to get out (leave the campaign trail), why we need another president that can't balance a budget (running her campaign in the red), and why we need a president that will not listen to the experts (gas tax holiday). How would she be a different decision maker that George Bush?

May 14, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  20. Tracy Indianapolis, IN

Jack,

I would ask her why is she trying to get MI and FL to count when she agreed as all the others that they would not count?

May 14, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  21. Gary

I'd ask, "Would you entertain a re-vote in California, a primary you won months ago? Here on the left coast, we'd love the chance to switch sides...how's your confidence that it could never happen?

Gary
    Long Beach, CA

May 14, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  22. Jay

Win or Loose, do you think you can co-exist with Barack Obama in the White House as VP or he as your VP with all the negative things that your campaign said about him and probably his about you? How could we believe that if it works out with both of you on the ticket, that it is really sincere?

May 14, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  23. Chris Swansea, MA

Mrs. Clinton, isn't it better to have politicians who are good at governing rather than politicians who are good at getting elected??

May 14, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  24. Roni Ball (Maryland)

Jack:
    ]
    Given the chance I would ask Hillary Clinton what she really hopes to achieve by remaining in the 08 presidential race when it is abundantly clear that she cannot win the nomination and her presence in the race has split the Democratic party between black and white, rich and poor, educated and uneducated. I would ask her whether her ego is really so large that she is willing to sacrifice the Clinton legacy and the one opportunity that the DNC has to nominate a candidate who has been able to form a coalition across political affiliations and ethnic backgrounds and might possibly be able to bring about a lasting reconciliation among the races represented in this nation. I would ask HRC whether she really understands the degree to which her recent words offended hard working Americans of every race and why she insists upon inserting racism and negativity into this campaign at every turn. Finally, I would ask her to step aside for the good of the Country that she claims to love.

May 14, 2008 at 2:13 pm |
  25. Anna

There are many questions that I would ask her.
    First how she can work against trade agreements when Bill is making million working for trade agreements.
    Second how can she take money from a little boy that sold his bike and toys when you made 100 million dollars in last 8 years.

May 14, 2008 at 2:14 pm |
  26. Elise in Wisconsin

How can you be someone who is for the people if you cannot tell the truth half the time?

May 14, 2008 at 2:14 pm |
  27. james east st louis il

hey hill is this the way you thought you wouldgo out on top?in west virginia and not in the white house

May 14, 2008 at 2:14 pm |
  28. Heather Z.

Chicago, IL

Jack, I would ask Senator Clinton how she feels about double standards in this race. Such as, why anyone who doesn't support Obama as the Democratic nominee is called racist, even though I haven't heard one word about gender bias when someone doesn't support Hillary. I would ask her why experince (or lack of) is a benefit for Obama and a pejorative when used about Clinton. Yeah, I would definately ask her about double standards.

May 14, 2008 at 2:15 pm |
  29. Scott, Billings, MT

Jack,

Here's my question: Senator Clinton, would you ever invite Jack Cafferty to your home for dinner and if so, what would you serve for dinner?

May 14, 2008 at 2:15 pm |
  30. Debbie,NJ

I would ask her to look into her heart and be honest. Is she more concerned about the country and democratic party than she is about her winning? And if her answer is yes then I would ask her why she isn't supporting and campaigning for the person who can win the most votes come Nov, It certainly isn't her. If it were she would have them now.

May 14, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  31. JOHN T. FINNEGAN, VENTURA, CA

Hillary:
    If you were President would you respect the separation of Church and State? Why wasn't this done in the Reverend Wright case? If it were enforced (by fining the religious institutions who are supported by tax breaks) we wouldn't have the extreme right and President Bush.

By the way ... why didn't you or Obama push to have President Bush impeached?

John, California

May 14, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  32. marylee w atlanta,ga

Hillary,

Just how many pantsuits do you own?

May 14, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  33. Michael Steuer Bedford N.Y.

I would ask Hillary how she feels about so many respected political pundits suggesting that she is using the "scorched earth policy" making it difficult for Obama to win the 2008 election so that she can run in 2012. What the pundits are suggesting is that she cares not a hoot about her party or the "pain of the American people" but only about herself.

May 14, 2008 at 2:17 pm |
  34. Julian, New Orleans

Jack, if I could ask Hillary a question my question what dirty tricks does she have up her sleeve? It is apparent by now that she legally cannot win this nomination. Yet she still persisits in continuing the race. Despite the record voter turnout, this is all overshadowed by the massive split in the Democratic party. This only leads me to think she has an October surprise waiting for Obama. She must have something bad in store for Barack Obama if she's so confident she will win when it is apparent she wont.

May 14, 2008 at 2:17 pm |
  35. Jake

Jack,

would you please ask Bill Clinton to take Hillary off the Street and take her home... she can't win the nomination, period point blank ... enough – this is hurting our party

May 14, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  36. Rob Smith

Senator Clinton, much has been made about Senator Obama's difficulty in attracting working-class white voters, but how would you explain your campaign's difficulties in attracting and maintaining black voters, who are the Democratic Party's most consistently reliable voting block?

Robert Smith
    New York, NY

May 14, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  37. Conor in Chicago

I would ask several questions:

How can you suggest that you are not a member of the Elite Class (AKA the Establishment) with a straight face?

Since bigotry is bigotry-why do you think that white men who refuse to vote for a black man will ultamatley vote for a white woman as opposed to a white man?

Does it bother you that the more educated, affluent, and worldly white folks in this country do not support you?

Also, does it bother you that the generally uneducated, low income portion of the white citizenry are the only ones who do by and large?

I could go on and on...

May 14, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  38. Ralph, Long Island, NY

I'd ask for a full financial disclosure for her and Bill including a full donation list to their foundation/library/charity. Then I'd ask if she'd let me sprinkle some holy water on her just to see what happens.

May 14, 2008 at 2:20 pm |
  39. joseph jacir

Mrs. Clinton,
    Your victory in west Virginia does not change the facts on the ground.Obama is also winning among white constituencies and please do not play the race card which you and your husband have been playing now for a long time.For God's sake accept your defeat graciously for the sake of the democratic party.Do not drag this any longer.The more you stay the more your stature and the stature of your husband erodes

May 14, 2008 at 2:20 pm |
  40. sandy in Ohio

I would like to ask her if she plans on having a political career after this primary season. There is a point when being strong and perservering turns into plain ugly muleheaded thinking, She needs to take one of those time outs she's always talking about and stop acting like a two year old child determined to get her own way.If I were a party elder I would think long and hard about encouraging her to run for anything in the future. After all the position od supreme being is all ready filled and that seems to be what she believes she is.

May 14, 2008 at 2:20 pm |
  41. Jay

Save yourself some dignity and political capital and get out - OK?

From Chicago

May 14, 2008 at 2:20 pm |
  42. RD

I would ask her is splitting the party worth her ego trip?

May 14, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  43. Terry in Virginia

Senator Clinton, in the future if Chelsea decides to run for public office, what advice would you give her?

May 14, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  44. Matthew, Virginia beach,VA

jack,
    I would tell her to end the division caused by her and her husband in the democratic party, move on and wait for her time to come.
    She either bow out with respect or get out with disgrace.
    she doesn't necessarily needs to campaigne for Obama, Obama will make things happen for himself.

May 14, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  45. Matthew

Jack
    I would ask Sen. Clinton does she think she split the democratic party?, of which I think she did, along with her husband Bill, and then I would ask her, Would she campaign for him when he becomes the nominee, the same way she campaigned against him, and how would she go about it , after all the nasty tactics she used against him, and why did she try to bring Obama down by any means necessary, and would she continue to stop at nothing to get what she wants?. Jack I really used to like the Clintons, but after this, she really gave america a birds eye view of who they really are. Sad

Matt/Queens NY

May 14, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  46. Steve Jacksonville, Florida

I would like to ask Senator Clinton what she will do to encourage her supporters to support Senator Obama in the General Election if she is not the nominee and what will she say to those who claim they will vote for John McCain if she is not the Democratic nominee.

May 14, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  47. dennis north carolina

I would ask her the following question. why is Hillary more important that her country and why is she splitting her party and her country on the line of the color of a person's skin. west Virgina has this problem if you look at the past of their senior senator. I am white and 63 yrs. old and when i vote I study the person and ther past not the color of their skin. she has lost my vote.

May 14, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  48. Mac in Truro Nova Scotia

Jack
    I would like to ask her if she realizes that many people think that she is staying in the race to weaken Senator Obama in the hope that she will have a better chance in 2012.

May 14, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  49. rbrannan

Senator Clinton: Why do you think the media is saying it's over and superdelegates are suddenly publicly coming out for Obama when clearly states are still voting and you have the momentum in the second half of the race and anything can happen. Does it seem to you, like to your 17million supporters who voted for you, that the superdelegates and media are now trying to steal the nomination from you by trying to end it before the will of the people, all the people, all 50 states, including Florida and Michigan, have their vote made and counted? RB in PA

May 14, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  50. Tariq Khan

I would ask her what she is smoking because i would love some of the same stuff – it obviously helps you defy reality!!

But seriously why does she think she is entitled to the nomination? Just because her name is Clinton? Let's get real anyone else would already have had the fat lady knocking their door down & telling them its over...

May 14, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  51. Raj, Toronto

How and why have your campaign poorly mismanage funds? Given that you have raised an incredible amount that would in any other year be sufficient, how can you be $20 million in the hole? Will you lend your campaign more money?

May 14, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  52. Rick Medina,OH

Hillary,

I really love you. Right or wrong, on every issue, I believe you really care! I have a signed copy of your book, and (at great expense, I flew to New York a few years ago, and stood in line to meet Bill in Harlem. I have a signed 1st edition copy of his book, and shook his hand. I loved the moment.) I am a Clinton fan, but currently an Obama supporter.

Most of my neighbors feel differently. They are very aware that Bill signed NAFTA, and know that you are on tape supporting that choice. (That is the reason I switched my support!) I know that Bill insisted on some safeguards (that GW Bush failed to enforce,) but never-the-less, NAFTA is a Clinton legacy.

WHAT DO YOU SAY TO ME AND MY NEIGHBORS WHO HAVE SUFFERED SO MUCH BECAUSE OF THAT CHOICE?

May 14, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  53. Marcus

Congradulations on your victory yesterday, and that most Americans respect your strength and toughness. You and Bill have been such icons for most Dems, and most Dems have always saw you and Bill as smart politicans, that it is hard to understand why you can't see that you have no chance of winning the nomonation. You can only hurt what ever chance we have of defeating the Rep in November if you continue to attack each other while McCain continues to try and act Presidental. For the sake of the party and the reprutaton that you and Bill has established over the years, bow our gracefully and help the party to recover and win in November.

Marcus
    Michigan

May 14, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  54. Kevin Leo (Jonesboro, GA)

How can you call yourself a true Democrat while using the Republican playbook to run your campaign (divisive, playing the race card while constantly playing up the women vs men aspect to garner more atention and support, etc)?

May 14, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  55. Tom in Desoto Texas

Exactly how did you come to the conclusion West Virginia will be a battleground state? Are you going to say the same about Kentucky?

May 14, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  56. Anne/Seattle

Is your candidacy more important than the good of the U.S.? I ask becuase of the times during the campaign when you stretched the truth, when you made inflammatory statements and now when you fail to accept that Obama will receive the Democratic nomination. Is it either helpful or healthy to aniticipate a negative event in the Obama's campaign? When you act in these ways I see Hillary's chance to win the nomination ranks above all else.

May 14, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  57. Y in Georgia

I would ask Hillary if she ever plans to wear a skirt again and where does she wear her flag pin?

May 14, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  58. Karl in CA

Since she thinks she's winning, duh, when is she booked for the Disneyland victory trip?

May 14, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  59. Steve

Jack, after not received my stimulus check I did a little investigating. It seems that unless you earned income in the form of wages paid you get nothing. My wife and I were in 2007 not eligible for Social Security. We live on a company pension, interest income from savings and IRA distributions. What’s strange, the government can tax that money as income but when it comes to the stimulus it’s not considered as income. I guess in 2008 I should not send in my W-2’s, & 1099’s since I didn’t earn any income. I guess the government doesn’t think we have been affected by the rising cost of food and fuel. So much for a fair government……

May 14, 2008 at 2:26 pm |
  60. lou from Iowa

I'd ask her if she plans on taking this fight all the way to the convention.

None of the talking heads have asked her this flat out. Sometimes she sounds like she'll wrap it up in June, but other times it sounds like she is going all the way.

Since the dems haven't won an election after it went to convention in almost 100 years, I think that would be a good tidbit of information we should all know about.

May 14, 2008 at 2:26 pm |
  61. Lisa F.

Why are you asking for monies now that could be used to promote success in the general election instead of wasting funds on a primary that is over?
    Why were you unprepared for campaigning after Super Tuesday?
    Why do you think you are entitled to this nomination?
    Why do you think you are such a positive role model for other women and our female youth?
    Did you ever think you might have the respect of 90+ % of women voters (Like Obama has in the AA community)
    1. if you were honest
    2. if you would have ditched your philandering, womanizing husband and sought poliical gain on your own accord
    How did you keep the Clinton vs Paul civil case out of the media?
    How could you tell the Bosnia story over and over while looking the American people right in the eye?
    Did you ever consider a personal voice coach?
    What will you do when NY disowns you as well?
    Will you run for Gov. of WV where the uneducated whites dominate?
    Did you EVER consider wearing a skirt?
    Why do you wear the same clothes ALL of the time?
    WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE???????

May 14, 2008 at 2:27 pm |
  62. C. Farrell, Houston, Tx

I'd like to ask Hillary what kind of relationship does she have with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. When in the past Hillary has talked about powerful women of achievement, I've never heard her mention Pelosi who is the most powerful woman in the White House.

May 14, 2008 at 2:27 pm |
  63. Amber; Desoto, Texas

I would ask her: If come 2012 and you run again,what is your game plan for getting elected then? It is clear to me that if her supporters vote against him now, that his supporters will retrun the favor. So I would want to know what would be her game plan for both getting the nomination next time and how would she handle it if come 2012 she is NOT the only white woman presidential candidate? In other words, how would she compete for getting the: white women, old, working class, etc. voters that she is getting now?

May 14, 2008 at 2:27 pm |
  64. C. H. Collins

Jack, first I would ask her if she would give it up if Obama paid off her debt, secondly I would ask her would she accept the Governor of New York job if she tries her best to unify the party, then I would ask her, has she decided on a divorse attorney when she sees that Bill is no longer needed. and lastly I would ask her has she got a good psychiatrist, because it is obvious that she is going to need one to deflate her ego after this is over.

C.H. Longview, Texas

May 14, 2008 at 2:28 pm |
  65. Harold from Anchorage

Which do you consider more important: the future of the Democratic party or your own personal ambitions?

May 14, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  66. ajks

How do you expect to efficiently run a country in an economically difficult time when you are running a campaign that is $20,000,000.00 in debt?

May 14, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  67. shirley thibodeaux

Jack,

She still can't believe that a young unknown came from pratically know where and is doing much better than she. He had very little recognition, no powerful friends, and no money chest and manged to give her a run for money. Oops! Caused her to go in debt. Pretty alarming. She can't leave because she is hoping it's just a dream.

Shirley Ann
    Breaux Bridge, LA

May 14, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  68. Nora Corpus Christi Texas

If you had the popular vote,leads in delegates and superdelegates, and had an incredible amount of money donated to your campaign, would you want Barack Obama to act the way you do and say the things that you say? If he kept moving the goal posts would The Clintons put up with this?

May 14, 2008 at 2:31 pm |
  69. david from san diego

if you believe in the democratic party and ideas, why then are you continuing will the double talk and speeches? can you honestly say ok i won west virginia told the voters to vote for me, now i come back to west virginia to campaign for obama and tell the high% of voters that you were wrong and they were wrong in voting for you?
    the continued damage could only be undone, if you used the remaining 5 stated and campaigned for him and the majority voted for him 95-5% and then you would show your worth and maybe then get the vp slot you seem to want!!

May 14, 2008 at 2:31 pm |
  70. Esther Cuyahoga Falls Ohio

How will it feel to destroy the democrates with this late start and John McCain stealing our play book?

May 14, 2008 at 2:31 pm |
  71. Matthew Brown

i would ask her how she can ask working class poeple for money when the have off them can't afford to buy food or gas
    Matthew Brown
    Hamilton
    Ontario
    Canada

May 14, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  72. Jed from Redding, CA

I'd ask her what her plans are after June 3 when Montana and South Dakota have their contests and the primary season has effectively ended and Barack Obama has a clear majority of pledged delegates, unpledged delegates and popular vote. She'd probably mutter something about Michigan and Florida, and how nearly any delegate can (and should) change their mind, but those dead horses have already been beat.

I understand her wanting (needing) to stay in until the last contest. But after that, she needs to have some big 'I support Obama' speech in order to start the reconstruction period that will follow the great Democratic Civil War.

May 14, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  73. John B. in PA.

Ma'am, has it never been more apparent that the media picks the candidates, and that the Democratic party is still lost in space, trying to push an empty suit that will never be elected? Go Joe Lieberman's route and save yourself and the country. Give us a choice between the two party candidates, both of whom will only take us further down the path we need to get off of.

May 14, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  74. David - New York

Have You No Shame?

May 14, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  75. D.J.Lauter

I would ask Hillary why she ran for President in the first place, when a year ago, the polls said that over 50% of the people don't like her. She could have saved millions of dollars, and not wasted our time..

Also, I would ask her why she didn't care about the voters in Michigan and Florida months ago, and signed a paper agreeing to shut them out of the voting process, and now that she is losing, she whines, "We need to have their voices heard".

I would ask "Are you staying in the race to make up some story to convince the Super Delegates to give you the winning numbers?"

May 14, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  76. ken

Dear Hillary;
    What would a tracking poll say of the Obama results in states that voted before the Rev. Wright-Bitter Clinging controversies? Would they change their vote? Would the results have been different, especially among the white working class? What affect will it have in the General?

May 14, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  77. john spiller - canoga park, CA

Do you agree that at the beginning ot the process, the DNC clearly stated no state could move up its primary and if they did their delegates would not be recognized?

Do you understand that at the time Michgan and Florida moved up their primaries, that regardless of voter turnout, the broke the rules established by the DNC?

Do you understand that the candidates active at the time Michgan and Florida chose to break the rules did not campaign in either state?

So you are saying, by demanding the votes in both states be counted, that it is okay for the rules to be broken?

If the DNC had run the races as winner take all for all states, you would be leading right now.

If that were the case, would you be still pushing to advocate that the rules established by the DNC can be broken and allow the votes in states who broke the rules to be allowed?

So as President, are you advocating it is okay to break rules to suite your own purpose?

May 14, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  78. Arilo

Hillary, if you dont win the Democratic Nomination, would you please consider running as Independent?

I dont want another 4 years of $4 dollars a gallon of gasoline. But I rather pay $4 a gallon of Gasoline the next couple of years, than have a person "wabbling" about his allegiance to the United States.

May 14, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  79. Eve- AZ

Jack, what does she think she is doing to the Democratic party as well as her supporters? If she REALLY cares about the middle class voter who is struggling to buy gas, then why is she asking them to give her money? SHAME on HER.

Evelyn AZ

May 14, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  80. Jason, Koloa, HI

Hillary, do you find it ironic that your husband Bill was elected partly because a second conservative candidate, Ross Perot, split the Republican party helping your husband win with less than 40% of the vote in 1992? Why would you continue to campaign in 2008 risking a similar split among democrats when it only seems to help John McCain? Are you the Ross Perot of 2008?

May 14, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  81. Raj, Toronto

If we have politicians already in Washington viewed as dishonest, would say and do anything to get elected, worth of 100's of millions of dollars, from a legacy family in politics, take corporate interests in policy decisions, why do we want them back there again?

The same is true for Bush and Hillary.

May 14, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  82. leela

Why do half the country hate you???Is it because you are a chronic liar???

May 14, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  83. Mark, Berwyn, PA

Nothing, but I would ask the folks who 'moderate' these comments why does every one of my comments that has anything remotely negative to say about Hillary Clinton get deleted? Is Chelsea assigned to moderate all my comments?

May 14, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  84. Mark P, Berwyn, PA

Hill, since your campaign lacks any cash whatsoever, why do you still spend other peoples money like a drunken sailor? Is that how you plan to run our country's finances?

May 14, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  85. Josh from Alberta

It is hard to imagine asking someone like Hillary Clinton a question and expecting an answer that would be completely honest and forthright and NOT be part of a strategic effort to win more votes. In a perfect world assuming no fear of repercussions in the campaign and enough trust to confide in me, I would ask her: "What's really at stake here for you that you have to continue to fight so hard? What defines you apart from your success?"

May 14, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  86. Shapearl-Chicago

Jack,
    This is a simple question, do you think you can win the presidency with only 8% of the African-American vote

May 14, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  87. Jenny from Nanuet, New York

How long have you been living in the state of Denial?

May 14, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  88. Jacob

I would ask her what she values more; the unity of her party or getting the nomination.

May 14, 2008 at 3:38 pm |
  89. Robert in Toronto, ON

Ask her who her tailor is? And what made her think wearing all yellow pants suit was a good idea?

The woman looks like a giant banana.

May 14, 2008 at 3:39 pm |
  90. Bob

Jack, I would ask her what she would do differently in running her campaign.

Bob
    Sonoma, CA

May 14, 2008 at 3:39 pm |
  91. Scott L. - Wichita, Kansas

Since Chelsea won't answer it:

Do you think the Monica Lewinsky business has affected your campaign at all?

May 14, 2008 at 3:39 pm |
  92. Jacob

CT

May 14, 2008 at 3:40 pm |
  93. Ed in East Canaan, CT

Hey, lady. Can you lend me four bucks for a gallon of gas?

May 14, 2008 at 3:41 pm |
  94. Maryanne Connecticut

I would like to ask her how she is able to continue each day in the face of the huge media bias against her, the double standards regarding her remarks, the colleagues who have stabbed her in the back for their own gain.

May 14, 2008 at 3:42 pm |
  95. Preston in South Bend, IN

As a fledgling cook with an insatiable sweet tooth, I would like Hillary's expert opinion as a culinary connoisser. When making chocolate chip cookies, which chocolate morsels does she prefer, Hershey's or Nestle's?

May 14, 2008 at 3:43 pm |
  96. Rex in Portland, Ore.

I would ask her, if I indeed should deign to speak to Hillary, for her recipe for egg salad.

May 14, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  97. White, Blue-Collar, 40+, Female, Ohio Voter 4 Obama

Oooo, THAT'S a good question: Where's YOUR patriotism? Why aren't YOU wearing a "Made in China" flag-lapel pin?

May 14, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  98. Shannon

How does she figure she won Michigan when Mr. Obama was not on the ballot there? Why does she now want to count delegates from states that violated party rules when in the beginning she was against counting them?

Shannon
    Bridgeport CT.

May 14, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  99. marilyn

does she resent the press treating Obama as the "golden boy"

May 14, 2008 at 3:45 pm |
  100. Bill in New London, CT

Actually, I wouldn't ask a thing. She has a better chance of winning this primary than I do of getting an honest answer.

May 14, 2008 at 3:45 pm |
  101. Sara

I would ask Hillary whether she will accept to be McCain's VP if she can't steal nomination from Obama.

May 14, 2008 at 3:46 pm |
  102. Tom - Las Vegas, Nevada

I would ask her why she is so concerned about the voters in Florida and Michigan now but wasn't so concerned about them way back in November of last year. I've heard the spin from the talking heads in her camp but nothing of note from her. I would also ask her if she thinks we are stupid enough to believe the explanation her advocates try to spin.

May 14, 2008 at 3:46 pm |
  103. Shafi Alam

I’m one of the many people who voted for your husband to win the race to be the president in 1992 and 1996. I watched all your debates. I’m one of the educated people who understood your attitude not to be in touch deeply with the real American problems. Your ways of handling the health care problem in 1990s were not appreciated enough to be passed. Without reading the intelligence report you voted for authorization of the pre-emptive attack of Iraq that resulted in killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis and thousands of American soldiers. Now the math obviously does not favor you to win the nomination. You passed the math tests at schools. At the age of sixty do you want to appear to have forgotten the simple math to impress your less educated voters?

May 14, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  104. Mark

The fight that Hillary has is the one thing that america lacks at this present time. We as a country should have the same will to fight for our dreams. Instead we let others work hard, and in the end we forget that we ever had a dream or goal. Regardless if it is Hillary or Obama we need to fight for this country and its citizens.

May 14, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  105. Ralph in New York

Jack, I would want to ask her: will she fight to the end to win the Candidacy for President, even though the party is so splintered trhat whoever is chosen will not be able to beat McCain in the general election?

May 14, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  106. Adriene, NC

I would ask her about her bringing new jobs back to Americans. Lately her campaign slogan is jobs, jobs, jobs. Where will she get these jobs? And if she is considering the Columbian Free Trade Deal? She has never said how she plans to bring jobs to Americans, or where they will come from. Sounds to me she's all talk and has no idea.

May 14, 2008 at 3:48 pm |
  107. Hassan - Toronto

What are your plans for Bill after the primaries – given that your African American support began to plummet after his comments in South Carolina?

May 14, 2008 at 3:48 pm |
  108. Hard Working, White and Poor In Indiana

Does she believe being hard working, white and poor means you are ignorant and racist? If she is at all saddened and ashamed of her so called victory last night, or is she happy and proud that she and Bill have moved the country back 50 years regarding race? I would also like to know if she would consider leaving the democratic party and become a republican? They deserve each other. She no longer represents my values and beliefs as a democrat. I wonder if she is on John McCains short list of Vice Presidents?

May 14, 2008 at 3:49 pm |
  109. Terry, Chandler AZ

If you are abvle to get the "working class, low income, poorly educated white people" to vote for you, why can't you get the same group to vote for Sen. Obama?

May 14, 2008 at 3:49 pm |
  110. Brian

Obama has been given a hard time in the past for not wearing the flag lapel badge.

I would ask Hillary why she does not wear it

May 14, 2008 at 3:49 pm |
  111. Barb from Mich

It's a known fact that the Clinton bankroll is in serious trouble, but you don't seem to have a problem with keeping right on spending money you don't have. Is this an indication of how you'll solve our economic crisis if you were elected?

May 14, 2008 at 3:50 pm |
  112. Joan VA.

I would ask her how she has the stamina to keep running when there are so many downright nasty and sexist remarkes by anchors who get away with them. Reading a syndicated column today, Marie Cocco, I didn't realize how many media people got away with sexist comments that anything equal like that as racist comments would have had many news people fired. She is to be congratulated for hanging in when faced with these sexist remarks. Jack, you are married, with four daughters, I wish you would read Marie's column and see how you would feel if these type of remarks were aimed at any of them. I don't know if this will be proper for your column but Marie saw T-shirts that read "bros before hos" with a picture of Barack and Hilliary below.

May 14, 2008 at 3:51 pm |
  113. Linda in Va

I would ask her to stand tough and see it through, that it isn't over. Our country needs her experience. We need a women as president to make the biggest difference.

And people this is why she is standing tough, because of people that want her as president, people that do support her.

Hillary 2008

May 14, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  114. Ken Deminick

How can she continue to say she won in Michigan when Obama's name was not even on the ballot? Is that not how elections are held in places like Cuba & Iraq, with only one name on the ballot?

May 14, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  115. Linda

Something simple...Like...Why don't she wear a flag lapel pin on the lapel of her pantsuit jacket.
    Linda
    Marion, Virginia

May 14, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  116. Fabienne from Montreal, Canada

I would ask her this:
    Do you sincerely believe you can win this and how?
    And whaterver her response: she is running for her personnal purposes not for the country that needs change.

When she will endorse Obama all the blue collar voters will vote for Obama. So Let's move on!

May 14, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  117. Matthew, NYC

Would you consider being John McCain's running mate? That'll teach those dems for disrespecting you! And the republican base actually likes you more then Mac! It's a match made in heaven!

May 14, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  118. CVCK from Connecticut

Jack, I would like to ask Senator Clinton to give Senator Obama a chance to win the presidency since she and President Clinton has already occupied the White House for eight years. Won't it be a little different when her and Bill (the first man) meet other Heads of State. Who will be entertaining Bill while she is discussing world affairs with a male Head of State.

May 14, 2008 at 3:53 pm |
  119. L.A. Boston

I would ask her how it feels to have Obama supporters go against their own candidate and attack her so viciously. Can you imagine Obama's (who wants "hope, unity, & above all else change") reaction to the horrible and I mean mean evil things they have been saying about her. Would she want her followers to behave in that fashion?
    I think not!

May 14, 2008 at 3:53 pm |
  120. Arlena Bora

I would ask Hillary who she plans to ask to be her vice president.

May 14, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  121. Jim

Do you get to keep all campaign contributions if you drop out?

May 14, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  122. George

Do you wish you would have ran 4 years ago so you could have sold the message of inexperience as change? We are all gullible and would have voted you in.

May 14, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  123. Ric

I'd ask Hillary just one simple question – why should I cast my ballot for someone who claims to have the solutions to our country's economic issues, when you can't even manage your own campaign finances? Try living on a REAL budget, sometime. You're so out of touch with reality.

May 14, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  124. Kyle

Did Bill ever really want you to be President or was he just supporting you because you are his wife? And do you think Chelsea would do any better then you have?

125. Phyllis

Why should I give my vote to you when you can't effectively run a campaign without going into debt, and doing exactly what Bush has done with taxpayer money -– borrow and spend? Does this not show you would be a horrid steward of taxpayer money and that you'd carry on "more of the same" Bush strategies? That's what I see.

126. Martha in St. Joseph, MI

I want to know where Hillary purchases those spiffy flourescent pant suits. Target, K-Mart or J.C. Pennys?

127. B.E.MEADOWS

Sen . Clinton can you count?

128. Rick Rodrigo

Hilary, you have said you are best qualified to beat John McCain are you then saying that Barak Obama can not?

Rick Rod

Las Vegas

129. Joyceann Brooks

I would ask Hilary, How if you are 22 million in debt with your campaign can we expect better from you with our economy?

130. Jim, Texas

Dear Senator Clinton, now that you have received the support of the DNC to use its name to retire your debt..."will you please just go away? Thank you very much for the interview and I do hope to see you campaigning for Senator Obama very soon.

131. Judy

I would ask her if she plans to make Obama her vice-president, when she wins the presidential election.

132. Babette

Why are you pandering to voters when you know, a gas tax Holiday will never get passed or even presented to either House this summer?

133. Sue

I would ask Hillary what type of "democracy" she would call the United States which has trashed the votes of the good voters of Michigan and Florida when "everyone" is supposed to have the "right" to vote in a democratic country. Is this election any better than those that are run in Pakistan and China?

134. socrates

i think she need a dictionary because she doest no the meaning of Go....

May 14, 2008 at 4:11 pm |
  135. What is she thinking?

Jack I would love an answer to this question:

Does she think that taking the Nomination from Senator Obama when he leads in Pledged Delegates, States Won, Popular Votes, Number of Superdelegates, ect.... would go over well with voters?

Does she think that voters who have worked hard all their lives following the rules, who have had the privilaged benefit from changing the rules could respect her being given the Nomination that way?

You can tell her that I would never vote for her under those circumstances because I believe it is fundamentally wrong.

136. Kevin

You say you Democrats need the working class white vote to win the White House but how are you going to bring black voters back into the fold when the will know you stole the nomination, since no Democratic has not won the WH without the black wote.

137. Robbie from Los Angeles

Since you have made the statement that John Mccain is better qualified to be President than Barack Obama what criteria did you use to make that statement since in America all that a person needs to be qualified to run is American citizenship by birth and to be at least 35 years old? I mean let all of us know Hillary's selection procedure.

138. Kirby

What is the most effective effort we can make to help you win the nomination?
    Kirby
    New York City

139. Kennie Stidmon Jr.

I would ask Sen. Clinton... how can you want to count Florida and Michigan votes when you agreed not to count them in the past? Then I would ask her is she campaigning and doing fund raisers just to get some of her money back that she loaned her campaign?

Kennie
    El Paso, TX

140. Marie - Michigan

I would ask her why she keeps referring to Michigan as a win, when Obama's name was not even on the ballot. Thousands of Obama supporters did not go vote or only voted for her because they didn't know what to do. Not to mention, 40% of the people got up out of bed to go vote AGAINST HER. It's time to stop being desperate and start being real. Get out of the race!

141. terri

You always talk about the Bush administration and the changes. What would do the same as the Bush administration is now. What would you do from the first Clinton administration?

142. Carol

I would ask Senator Clinton to please keep going. I would also ask her not to take the VP position if offered because I think the only thing that can make Democrats vote Republican is if Barak Obama is on the ticket.

143. Janet White

With as much experience as you have campaigning, why did you not see how the weighted caucus system and delegates were in Sen. Obama's favor so that he was able to scam so easily to get the lead in such a way as to make it almost impossible for your to catch up?

144. Nes Braggs

I would ask Sentor Clinton if she is still really particpating in this race or is she secertly trying to strengthen Sentor Obama to be a more potent force against McCain in the General Elections.

145. Seattle, WA

Jack i would ask;
    Senator Clinton, throughout this campaign, and most of your political career, you have been attack by the media and by loud out spoken members of both the Obama campaign and from Various News medias. What is your response to those people, and how would you fight back.

146. william

I would ask Senator Clinton, that if she was as far ahead as Senator Obama, would she still be anxious to include Florida and Michigan, whom she said initially don't count and don't matter. Why is she wanting to seat them now.

147. Joanne Nicholson

Hi Jack, I would love for someone to ask her if she's so committed to those Michigan and Florida voters then why didn't she speak up at the time the decisiion was made by the DNC to not count their votes? She said nothing but that their votes wouldn't count. What a phony. Go away Hillary, just please go away.

148. V Martinez

Have consider to run as independent democrat?

149. c thomas

I would ask sen. clinton: "what part of "florida and michigan do not count"?...she has a problem understanding that statement. will she be the type of president that don't care about the rules or won't follow the rules. that sounds like a george bush type president.

150. MIke Ladouceur

I would ask her to remember Kennedy and Cater during 1980 primaries, Kennedy was behing by about 500 delegates, yet he stayed in up to the convention– So fight on Hillary!!!

151. Olugbenga Aiyenimelo

Dont you see its time to go home respectably?

152. Cannon

Do you feel that our education system is failing the youth of our country?

HILLARY '08!!!!

153. Louise

Texas

I would ask Senator Clinton how she manages to keep her spirits so high when the media has been counting her out for months and not giving her a fair shake in coverage; and long time political friends have shown themselves for what they are...fair weather hypocrites.

154. Greg in Leavenworth Kansas

Okay, on a more serious note, I would like to know what Senator Clinton has to say about the medias' comments that she failed to develop a strategic plan for her campaign post-Super Tuesday.

May 14, 2008 at 4:31 pm |
  155. Diana

How would you help small business, after all they are the largest employer in the USA?

Diana
    Austin, Texas

May 14, 2008 at 4:32 pm |
  156. Vanessa

If Obama wins the primary election would Clinton consider being our Vice President

May 14, 2008 at 4:33 pm |
  157. Patrick P

Whats more important for you: To win the whitehouse or to make a difference?

May 14, 2008 at 4:34 pm |
  158. bob eagan

Senator Clinton, When you mispoke about the sniper fire in Bosnia and chalked it up to being tired and it was refered to as a senior moment, if elected, can we expect that you will be well rested at 3:00 am when the phone rings.

May 14, 2008 at 4:34 pm |
  159. John T. Lucas

I would like to ask Senator Clinton where she gets her inner strength from in order to carry on in the face of the likes of you and all your undemocratic allies against her who don't want to hear the voices of voters in the few remaining primaries. I have come to see this woman as courageous, strong, and able, far more so than Senator Obama. You have done that because your constant snarling about her has made me look more closely at her and her rival for the nomination.

She is hardly the last guest of the party and it is impertinent of you to suggest she is to the millions who support and admire her.

In my view, the pary crashers are you and your buddies. i would love to see YOU leave the race.

John Lucas
    Victoria, BC
    Canada

May 14, 2008 at 4:35 pm |
  160. Kevin

Senator Clinton, are you creating an argument with the basic concrete principles of mathematics which is the foundation of a majority of sciences of mankind? So do you really believe we landed on the moon?

Kevin
    Warren, MI

May 14, 2008 at 4:35 pm |
  161. charles

will you marry me?

May 14, 2008 at 4:36 pm |
  162. Thami Tembe, Germany

Hey Jack!

I'd ask her if she feels bitter now 🙂

May 14, 2008 at 4:36 pm |