How motivated are you to vote in November?
July 10th, 2012

How motivated are you to vote in November?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

While President Obama and Mitt Romney are neck-and-neck in the polls, it appears the president's supporters are more fired up to hit the voting booth.

A new Washington Post/ABC News poll shows 75% of Mr. Obama's supporters say their vote is "for" him while 23% say they're voting against Romney.

Compare that to only 37% of Romney's supporters who say their vote is "for" Romney, 59% say they're voting against the president.

There was a similar trend back in 2004. President Bush's supporters were firmly behind him, while most of John Kerry's supporters were voting "against" Bush.

This poll also shows President Obama benefiting from an enthusiasm gap - although it's shrinking.

More than half of his supporters back him "very enthusiastically" compared with 38% of Romney's supporters.

Of course it's not all roses for the president. When it comes to the #1 issue of the economy, 54% of all adults and 60% of independents give Mr. Obama negative marks. He also gets negative ratings on health care and immigration.

Plus, two-thirds of Americans think the country is seriously off course and a majority have not approved of the president's job performance in this poll for more than a year.

Nonetheless in what's shaping up to be a tight race, motivating voters could make the difference between who wins and who loses.

This poll suggests most voters have already made up their minds and are unlikely to change candidates.

And to try to get you motivated, the campaigns will bury you under TV ads, E-mails, phone calls, you name it in the three and a half months remaining.

Here’s my question to you: How motivated are you to vote in November?

Tune in to the Situation Room at 5pm to see if Jack reads your answer on air.

And, we love to know where you’re writing from, so please include your city and state with your comment.

Posted by
Filed under: 2012 Election
  1. Bob Gray

I hope that all registered voters are as motivated as I am. The up coming primaries and elections are a new turning point and if we want to continue on this course or change it will require everyone to vote. I believe that we must move away from a huge government and get the debt paid down. Repeal Obama care and find a way to get quality health care to all Americans, enforce immagration laws, reduce regulation, strenghten our country.

July 10, 2012 at 1:04 pm |
  2. Herman Portland OR

Very motivated. I would not miss this election for anything. As a true patriot, I believe this is on of the most important elections of my life and truly believe if Mitt Romney is elected we will have an opportunity to recover from the recession. My guess is new policies and hope for America's future is coming in November.

July 10, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
  3. ranch111

I'll vote in the hopes of repealing Obamacare, keeping our gun rights intact, etc, etc.

July 10, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
  4. Jayne in NH

Nothing will keep me from voting. If we end up with Romney as President and a Republican Congress, the country will be in for scary, scary times. I'm terrified that when I turn 65 I'll get a Medicare voucher only to find out there are no insurance companies interested in taking it.

July 10, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
  5. Paul Austin Texas

Mildly Jack RIchy Rich isn't going to change anything for the better. Things will stay about the same with Obama Little improvement will happen by either one that gets in. Way do we not have an independent candidate this year I guess the machine doesn't need them this year to split the vote. They are missing their chance though this could of been their year.

July 10, 2012 at 1:11 pm |
  6. Annie, Atlanta

More than I've ever been in my entire life. This trickle down, supply side, job creators nonsense has been an abject failure for 30 years or more now, and we're still falling for it. Good grief, was it the GOP's intention to dumb us down to control us? If so, they've done their job well. Makes you wonder just how stupid we can get, and if we'll ever wake up.

July 10, 2012 at 1:14 pm |
  7. Kimmy, Salisbury NC

Very motivated Jack. Obama scares the crap out of me! The economy is in the tank, jobs aren't being created, he says the private sector is doing fine. Our grand children will be paying the debt created during this presidency.

July 10, 2012 at 1:15 pm |
  8. Pat in Michigan

Very motivated Jack. In fact I thought about driving to a neighboring state or two to vote out their politicians as well as ours here.

July 10, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
  9. John from Alabama

Jack: I have been ready to vote since the United States Supreme Court decided the Presidential Election of 2000. It is not that I did not vote in the past, but now I am on fire to vote. Passionate voters make the best voters regardless of party choice. I was stationed in West Germany in the 1970's, when the Federal Republic of Germany held its national elections. After the election the national leaders were concerned about the low turn out in the election. I thought 93% was very good, but then an old German told me in perfect English why the concerns. Adolph Hitler won with only 38% of the vote because of low turn out in the 1932 national election. Point made, point taken!!!

July 10, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
  10. Al, Lawrence KS

I'm sure that those who live in swing states will be more motivated. However, as a liberal living in a Big Red Square State it's hard to consider that my vote really matters. I have voted in every election for the last 40 years, and will faithfully do so again, but motivated is not a word I would use. For me, at least, it's more of a duty or maybe even a chore.

July 10, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
  11. jk in MN

I don't need motivation, Jack. As an US citizen, it's my duty to vote and I vote at every election. Every American should feel duty bound to vote. It's simply shameful how much apathy is out in the population.

July 10, 2012 at 1:23 pm |
  12. Tom Bulger, Canandaigua, NY

Our only hope of salvaging this country from Romney and his 1% is a Democratic Congress. So that I am certain I vote to that end, I am resorting to diet and exercise. Tell Dr. Gupta what a motivator fear of the Aristocracy is.

July 10, 2012 at 1:24 pm |
  13. wayne, va beach, va

So motivated that I wish Nov. 6th was tomorrow.

July 10, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
  14. Doug Ericson

Neither candidate is up to the task. Whoever wins will continue to bend over for the most powerfull special interest groups. We will get more taxes, and have more freedoms removed. I am a fatalist and a pacifist, so I will let Mother Nature take its course. But vote? Why? Why would you? Doug. Pepperell, MA.

July 10, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
  15. Ed from California

Always, Jack....always!! It's our right. And I take full advantage of that right!!

July 10, 2012 at 1:30 pm |
  16. Dan from Stewartstown PA

Call me a RINO, but it would take ten adult pachyderms chained to my legs to keep me from my polling place to vote AGAINST mute Mitt for President of the U.S.A. I'm tired of footing the tax bill for Oil Companies, major corporations who off-shore jobs, other big business interests and wealthy investors through loop holes and favoritism in our Legislative and Income Tax systems. I hope the majority of voting Americans can wake up to reality and vote to ensure that we continue to have a Middle Class and not just a bunch of vassels to the Lords and Ladies of unabashed greed before it's too late.

July 10, 2012 at 1:33 pm |
  17. Peg in NY

100% unmotivated to vote in this election. I will vote, nonetheless.

July 10, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
  18. Gary in San Jose, California

I'm about a motivated to vote as I am to do my chores. I'll do it because I should not because I want to. We really need to stop voting the same dolt's back into office and expect anything to change. Let's force these bozos to wear patches of their top sponsors (like a NASCAR driver) so we know who we're really voting for.

July 10, 2012 at 1:40 pm |
  19. James - Alexandria, VA

I am very motivated. I am also motivated to vote all of the Republicans out of office seeing they do nothing anyways and Willard does not derserve to be in the White House. Hopefully voters will feel the same way come November.....I know I will.

July 10, 2012 at 1:41 pm |
  20. Kirk (Apple Valley, MN)

Very motivated. A Republican take over of the White House and the Senate while maintaining control of House would be a disaster to this country. Look what happened between 2000 and 2006.

July 10, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
  21. Indie Pete in Florida

VERY motivated! Altho I am an Independent, I am going to vote against EVERY Republican candidate out of disgust with their dishonest tactics, their lies, their nonstop effort to destroy a President, and their refusal to work with the other party to resolve our country's problems. They have put party ahead of country, and the only way to convince them that we will not put up with their lies and nonsense is to vote against them.

July 10, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
  22. jen seattle,wa

Honestly, I am so disappointed that the great democracy of the u.s. and world can only allow a 2 party monopoly entrenched with unsustainable special interest favors..Romney bettor pick a proper V.P. and not some calculated vote getter who is doesnt know Independent and PRoper Trade Policy for Moral continental .

July 10, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
  23. s in fl

100%, Jack. This is the most critical election in US history. Anyone who says we aren't in a class war is either blind or lying. Electing Romney would be the equivalent of hitting the self-destruct button. The Bush tax cuts and deregulation brought to the edge of financial ruin. Mitt Romney wants to double down on both and give the economy a shove over the cliff. The scariest part is that he seems almost gleeful about the idea. Then again, he likes firing people who "serve" him. God help us all, Jack.

July 10, 2012 at 1:48 pm |
  24. Lee, Wyoming

Well, Jack, two of us in this household wouldn't miss voting for anything!

The Equality State will go red as always for a president, but it's a moderate red, which also votes in its share of blue governors. Pretty civil here and patriotic. We two will cast our votes for President Obama. Voting is our right and duty, and taking care of that makes it fair for us to holler and complain!

July 10, 2012 at 1:48 pm |
  25. Shirley Watson

I cannot wait until November; I am voting for everyone with a D next to their name.

July 10, 2012 at 1:50 pm |
  26. Brad, Portland, OR

Very. If Romney is elected, be prepared for Bush II, Electric Boogaloo.

Bush dug us into a deep hole; Romney would dig it to the center of the Earth.

July 10, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
  27. Valener Perry

Remember the name Fanny Lou Hamer as my incentive to always vote in each election!

July 10, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
  28. Ronald Morris

I will absolutely vote in November. And if I lived in Chicago I would definitely vote in every precinct I could get to. After all, voter fraud is considered a civil right in Chicago.

July 10, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
  29. Ed Crocheron, Venice, FL

Very motivated. I've never miss an election. We've got to keep the billionaires from buying the election for FlipFlop. The destruction of individual rights and what's left of our middle class that could result from a Tea Party congress and a Romney presidency is mind-boggling and downright scary.

July 10, 2012 at 1:56 pm |
  30. Steve, Clifton, Virginia

I am extremely motivated to vote to keep the country from going backwards by 50 plus years!!

July 10, 2012 at 1:57 pm |
  31. Susan - NJ

The AMerican people have been through the hare and tortoise comparison, the question of how important is having hair on your head to the candidate and is it important that your wife worked in her life. It's a compiling of stupid ways to ignore the real issues. There is an author who recommends not voting because to do so only encourages them. I with him.

July 10, 2012 at 2:01 pm |
  32. Bob Melbourne, FL

I'm very motivated to vote this year. I can't afford 4 more years of this kind of hope and change

July 10, 2012 at 2:05 pm |
  33. Dee, New York

I have never been more motivated to vote. Unfortunately, I am a red person living in a blue state, so my vote has the chance of snowball in hell against all the blue voters. However, I will at least have had my say and exercised one of our greatest rights as a citizen.

July 10, 2012 at 2:06 pm |
  34. Richard Texas

Jack I have voted republican all my life but with Romney as the prime candidate for the republicans I just can't bring myself to do it this year. Obama is certainly nothing to write home about either but he also has not attacked an innocent country like Iraq killing thousands in some make believe WMD sham like the republicans did.

July 10, 2012 at 2:06 pm |
  35. lindaleemeyer

Hi Jack, I will be voting in November but I'm not excited about it. If Romney gets in, we would just see more voter purges and more billionaires deciding public policy which would be very bad for the poor and the middle class. These people aren't giving money to political causes without expecting a huge return on their investment. That may mean Romneys contention that business should not be taxed at all, and/or massive no bid government contracts like what Dick Cheneys Halliburton recieved.
    Linda pullman wa

July 10, 2012 at 2:07 pm |
  36. Randy

About as motivated as mitt Romney and barrack Obama is about helping Americans who aren't millionaires or billionaires. As far as I'm concerned both political parties and the dupes that vote for them are the saddest joke that ever played out in the history of this country.

July 10, 2012 at 2:09 pm |
  37. Nancy Pharr

I'm VERY MOTIVATED! Oust the Socialst Obama and his liberal administration and elect Mitt Romney to turn this trainwreck of an economy around and get the USA back on track! Nancy from Alpharetta, GA

July 10, 2012 at 2:09 pm |
  38. Paul, Parry Sound, Ontario

I have never failed to vote in my life; however, if other people don't vote out of indifference or laziness, I will be happy to make the decision for them.

July 10, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
  39. Steve, Clifton, Virginia

I am extremely motivated to vote in the November 2012 elections to do my part to keep the country from going backwards by 50 plus years

July 10, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
  40. Andre R. Newcomb

Can't! I'm a felon. And I'm not about to petition a court for restoration of civil rights when they ought to be automatic. IF a majority is/has (been) convicted . . . then perhaps 'elected' office is NOT representative of the population . . . nor 'their' designated law (will of the people).

July 10, 2012 at 2:16 pm |
  41. Jim in Denver, CO

Jack,
    Highly motivated to vote. I may be one person with one vote, but it is my right to use it. And I'll use it to try to vote in some sanity for our government.

July 10, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
  42. Sam, Florida

I am 66 years old and very motivated to vote because this is the most important election during my lifetime. The president will have 2-3 appointments to the Supreme Court. If President Obama does not get reelected, Romney will appoint strictly conservatives to the court and every gain by Minorities and Women over the past 50 years will be turned back. This will be devastating to those of us who fought so hard for the rights we have today.

July 10, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
  43. KB and JB central Florida

After the mess that the current administration has made since being "crowned", there is no way I would miss voting. At least, by voting, can continue to say "we told you so" when things get even worse if the current administration stays in. Things may not have been great when this administration took over, but after promises to make it better – guess what...it's worse, much much worse –

July 10, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
  44. Tom in Desoto, TX

Everyone on the planet knows who will get the electoral votes from Texas but I'm voting for Obama...again. It's Obama against the obstructionist party, Nancy Reagan probably didn't gridlock in mind when she said, "Just say No"

July 10, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
  45. David in Northern Virginia

Look, I'm not thrilled with Obama, but I realize that if Romney wins, then the best days of this country are behind us and gone forever.

Run some columns on the LIBOR scandal, Jack. That is as big a financial story as there's ever been.

July 10, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
  46. LeeMarie

I am very motivated. I am motivated to vote against Obama.

July 10, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
  47. David - Augusta, Georgia

I am so exicited to vote for Mitt Romney! I just can't wait to see President Obama finally saying that he wasn't good enough to be a two term president and that the Republicans are the winners and the ones now in power!

July 10, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
  48. Loren, Chicago

As they say in Chicago "vote early, and vote often", and for me, "vote the bums out", and that means every incumbent elected official. It's the only way we can take back our country from the politicians.

July 10, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
  49. monila75

Very motivated... The rich are trying to buy the election through the surrogate Romney and if we donn't get motivated Romney will dig us into a Great Depreession. We know that the President has done a lot for the U.S.A. with no help from the Repuli-CON House of Representatives... "The Party of NO, NO, NO... Their goal is to destroy President Obama at the expense of destroying the 99% of people. And for that we need to be motivated to put President Obama back in office with a new working House of Representative. Get rid of the good ole boy club that says they love Amerca but their actions caann not be compared to their false words of "love of this country"... Their actions says "ME, ME, ME"... They are the biggest LIARs and hypocritics of all time.... God help them and God help America...

July 10, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
  50. Bizz, Quarryville Pennsylvania

I see another George W in the form of Romney. I fear for our country just like I did when George W first ran for office. Because of that I will crawl to the voting booth if I have to so I can vote for president Obama.

July 10, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
  51. Ron WPAFB

What ever it takes to send the GOP home! They have tried to ruin this country and damn near accomplished it!

July 10, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
  52. EdfromMd

So much so I have no plans to vote

July 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
  53. Larry from Georgetown, Tx

Very, I plan to vote against any incumbent and hope that the American people do the same thing. Get rid of all of the current crooks for both parties.

July 10, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
  54. Michael Bindner

I always vote. If Obama has Virginia locked up, I may vote for Gary Johnson or the Green Candidate, but if it is close, I am voting for Obama. No way am I ever voting for Romney. Even if he is really a Massachusetts moderate who will throw the Tea Party under the bus, I just can't trust him or his sychophantic staff.

July 10, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
  55. Floyd - California

It seem like the California vote has already been decided. I do plan to vote but will most likely write in "None of the above". I feel like my vote does not matter anymore.

July 10, 2012 at 2:43 pm |
  56. Ruth in Indianapolis

I am not motivated at all but I will vote. Normally, I split my vote. After considering the obstructionist republicans in congress and the idiocies of the right-wing, I will vote democratic regardless of who is running.

July 10, 2012 at 2:45 pm |
  57. Janne from NC

I plan to be standing in line the MINUTE they open the doors for early voting !!

July 10, 2012 at 2:47 pm |
  58. Valeria

I dont think people are motivated, because, we really dont have nothing to vote for. Whether its Romney or Obama, what will change??

July 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
  59. Brandon Harrison

Jack,

I feel it is my responsibility to vote–which doesn't ring much excitement–but let's sober up now! How likely is it that either of these two candidates or the few pragmatic members of Congress will be able to get anything done in this polarized atmosphere in Congress and the country? Remember that partisan fiasco last time we simply needed to raise the debt ceiling? God help us when the federal government needs to pass bipartisan laws because it is nothing short of a miracle these days.

Brandon Harrison
    Mt. Pleasant, Iowa

July 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
  60. chris

very motivated if obama wins again we are in deep deep doo doo

July 10, 2012 at 2:58 pm |
  61. Dakota Don

He changed the democratic party into the republican party and the republican party into the Looney Tunes Party.

July 10, 2012 at 2:59 pm |
  62. Kim, Dodge City, Kansas

I am extremely motivated. If the G.O.P gets back into the White House we will all be doomed to live the nightmare that the Republican Aristocracy has planned for us. You think times are tough now? Romney will dismantle and sell off America faster than you can say slave labor. As long as I live I'll never forget what Bush and his fellow Republicans intentionaly did to destroy the middle class and the lives of millions of hard working people.

July 10, 2012 at 2:59 pm |
  63. Pete in Georgia

Are you serious ??
    I, along with every friend and acquaintance I have, will be at the polls at the crack of dawn on Nov. 6 to restore sanity to our government.
    There is no more important election in recent history than this one.
    Does that sound motivated ??

July 10, 2012 at 3:01 pm |
  64. Gail, Plano TX.

If I have to crawl to the polls in November, I will to cast my vote for President Obama!

July 10, 2012 at 3:01 pm |
  65. Sandstone

"What's your motive, Jack? Just how titivated does one have to be, to vote? Who are you addressing? "
    "As far as I'm concerned, I never decided until the last few day's, and then I did my job lead me to that decision."

July 10, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
  66. THE CHIEF

YES I'LL VOTE , ROMNEY DON'T HAVE ANY FAITH IN THIS COUNTRY.. HE HIDES AND INVEST THE MONIES HE BEAT TAXPAYERS OUT OF BY BUYING PLANTS AND CLOSING THEM DOWN THEN SELLING THE. THOSE FOREIGN COUNTRIES SHOULD CONFISCATE HIS BANK ACCOUNTS.. GIVE HIM A TASTE OF HIS OWN MEDICINE.

July 10, 2012 at 3:20 pm |
  67. Larry in Omaha

Very motivated. Obama wants to let the Bush tax cuts for the rich expire. The GOP call this class warfare. What were the Reagan and Bush tax cuts, which moved 20% or more of wealth from the middle class to the rich if not class warfare? We must undo it. The top 10% control most of the wealth. They spend it on trips to the space station, fast cars, women and Pacific islands. How does that help the economy? And it was done to create jobs. Where are the jobs? Overseas.

Then too the GOP claim to be Christians. So what? That seems to violate separation of Church and State. At the same time, they don't act like any Christians that I know. The GOP tell you that social programs are Communistic. Do they realize that Christians celebrate COMMUNion, or that the first Christians lived in COMMUNES, and that we are supposed to help take care of those in need? No, they are only interested in how much they can put in their own pockets.

And no, I do not have a problem with the rich being rich. But just how rich is rich enough? They have taken so much money from the middle class that we don't have the money to drive the economy. What's worse is that didn't do it legally. Insider trading, mutual funds allowing their friends to buy or sell at yesterdays prices to make a buck; or let's just fudge the numbers for the Libor and play havoc with the interest rates ppeople play on loans.

July 10, 2012 at 3:20 pm |
  68. Vinny in Connecticut

I, my wife, my family, friends and everyone that i know are totally motivated to vote in November. We will be voting for Romney and against Obama (actually it's the same thing!) We must vote Obama out of office and undo this terrible and awful mistake that was made 4 yrs ago before he totally destroys this country. We CANNOT afford (literally and figuratively) 4 more yrs of Obama!

July 10, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
  69. Wilhelm in Las Vegas

VERY motivated to vote a straight Democrate ticket because IF this Koch Brothers puppet Romney is elected with a Republican House and Senate, my wife and I can KISS the Social Security and Medicare we paid into our whole working lives GOODBY.

it's NOT that Obama and the Democrates are that great BUT, as a senior, people like Paul Ryan and his crazy budget SCARE the HELL out of me. once again in an American election, it's voting for "the lesser of two weasels"

July 10, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
  70. Frank Poynton from Los Angeles

Very motivated indeed. With voter verification (suppression) laws the Republican Party is trying to keep people who are not of their ilk from having that same motivation. Furthermore, whats with all the polls? Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah. I've said it before and I will say it again; Although once respected, polls have become nothing more than well dressed hookers with credentials. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

July 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
  71. Martha Brooks

For President? It depends on whether these guys will stop fribbling and actually propose something logical and reasonable to address the nation's problems. We must also consider the candidates for congress, which may end up being more critical to what gets done or not than the Chief Executive. As it stands now, the Federal Government is in a Mexican Standoff.

Martha, Rew, PA

July 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
  72. David Gerstenfeld

I've never been less motivated to vote in over 50 years of voting for federal or local elections, BUT I will vote. Politics today is a really bad reality show & getting worse every day.
    David, Las vegas

July 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm |
  73. Sylvia from California

Extremely motivated.... In fact my only regret is that I have only one vote to give to Romney....

July 10, 2012 at 3:33 pm |
  74. Sarah/Dumfries,VA

my household,neighbours,friends @work all so ready to vote for Obama & dems,we dont want a mormon & dishonest Repulican/Teaparty to take us backwards with their racist & liars

July 10, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
  75. RickFromDetroit

I will be glad to get the election over so we can start on the 2014 mid term election.

July 10, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
  76. Bob in Ohio

Obama and Romney have both motivated me to vote for any third party candidate on the ballot in November here in Ohio. And I really don't care which obscure party they are affiliated with.

July 10, 2012 at 3:37 pm |
  77. Mark, Oklahoma City, OK

Jack, I would crawl on my belly through hot coals to vote AGAINST this "Hope and Change Phony" who is sitting in the White House now! Given another 4 years in office Obama will undo what it took our forefathers over 200 years to accomplish. Hell YES I'm MOTIVATED!

July 10, 2012 at 3:40 pm |
  78. Miguel Morris, austin, texas

Anyone that does not vote has either given up on both candidates or does not care about America's future. My wife and I will vote and will vote Republician, except when a more qualified democrate is running for office. This is the most crucial election since President Reagan beat Jimmy Carter. Same issues swayed me, our current President is not effective, misleads, is not a team player, does not care about the Military. In for the show and Dough. This election will be close but not all Hispanics are emotional voters. I am educated, knowledgeable, and a career vet. Goodbye Mister President.

July 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm |
  79. Nick from Weatherly, PA

Not at all, neither one will make a difference anyway as our country is the same no matter who is in charge these days.

July 10, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  80. Cliff Glass - Rego Park, New York

Highly motivated, Jack. because in every democracy, voting is more than a privilege, it's an obligation. However, if there is any need to incentivize voters, how about linking voting to be able to view your caustic commentaries on CNN ? No better way to guarantee 100% turnout.

July 10, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
  81. Connie G. Chicago, IL

I am a Obama supporter and I am extremely motivated to keep him in the oval Office. The mere thought of Romney winning anything outside of Chief Pledge Carrier for Grover Norquist, scares the bejesus out of me. Romney has been very definitive in his position regarding the poor and middle class, and that ain't good. America is very fortunate to have a President who is very intelligent, passionate, honest and best of all, continues to fight for injustices against the middle class, None of which Romney relates to. Perhaps if the poor were couriers for his off-shore bank accounts, then maybe he might have an understanding of how we have to rob Peter to pay Paul.

July 10, 2012 at 3:52 pm |
  82. Richard in Kansas

Never have been this motivated. President Obama has had his turn. We have to try someone else.

July 10, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
  83. TomInRochNY

Though I'm not happy with everything he's done, I'm behind Obama 100%. I'll be voting for him in November without a doubt.

But, what I'm even more enthusiastic about is that there are only 3 and a half months left! It's almost over! I thought it'd never get here. It's like waiting for all those Christmases when I was a kid rolled into one.

Tom, Rochester, NY

July 10, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
  84. Barbara

Very – Straight dem. for me. We've got to get rid of the obstructionists.

July 10, 2012 at 4:02 pm |
  85. Paul in NC

I have never been more motivated to vote. Not only against Romney but against any and every candidate supported by the tea party, the conservative super pacs, Rush Limbaugh, or anyone on Fox News. I will do anything that is legal and ethical to drive those people out of our government forever. The upcoming election is our last real chance to maintain our democracy as we've known it. The alternative is voter suppression, loss of individual rights and virtual serfdom for the vast majority of our citizens.

July 10, 2012 at 4:10 pm |
  86. Janice Bunch, Fayetteville, Arkansas

I plan to vote the first hour of the first day of early voting in our state. I will definitely not be voting for Romney. Romney supporters may plan to buy and/or steal the election but it will not be with my help.

July 10, 2012 at 4:11 pm |
  87. John in Florida

The pre must carry on..change the house to get anything done...next year we get to vote for Gov..we have none now. If we got a zillion $ grant he would turn it down just for spite. Tht Reps love to do that.

July 10, 2012 at 4:13 pm |
  88. Jim Charlotte NC

Hard to believe that anyone will still be interested by the first of Novermber.

July 10, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
  89. TNPatriot

All one has to do is listen to the voices of the Tea Party! That should motivate everyone to get out and against the moronic attitude of the GOP.

July 10, 2012 at 4:17 pm |
  90. Frances

Not only am I motivated to vote for President Obama, I will be volunteering to reelect him. He has done a good job in a very partisan destructive atmosphere, against the No! Hell No! do nothing, good for nothing Congress. He stopped the slide into another Great Depression, saved the Auto Industry and killed Osama bin Laden. On the other side we have Romney, the empty suit with his etcha sketch. He is for or against whatever his audience wants to hear. I find him unpatriotic to be hiding his money in foreign countries where he doesn't have to pay his share of taxes like us little people do. He should speak out against his fellow Republicans who are into voter purging.

Frances

July 10, 2012 at 4:18 pm |
  91. Kyle S Irvine, CA

Who cares anymore, our country is heading towards Socialism and the government is going to issuing handouts to win votes. We used to be the land of opportunity. Now we have the opportunity to sit at home on the couch and watch Dr. Phil and the only excitement, motivation we'll have is to see if our next government check is in the mail everyday.

July 10, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
  92. Ed in Sacramento

Will gladly vote, even though in California the outcome is a foregone conclusion. It is both my right and responsibility to point at the incumbent and holler...."CLOWN!"

July 10, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
  93. j.torrey1@hotmail.com

I figure that my life is dependant on who is elected, so of course I'm voting. I depend on the VA, SSI and medicare to survive.

July 10, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  94. Larry in Houston

How motivated are you to vote in November?

Answer : Just as motivated as I was in "08" This makes the 2nd Presidental Election that I will be Voting a Straight Ticket – even though I already know texas typically goes republican. Too bad Ann Richards isn't still living, she would try to turn this state around.But with the republicans control of the legislature, and the governorship, they can control things, such as votes from people they talk to, no matter what their status is, or how much they make.
    IF obama loses, I will blame the DNC.
    Vote – Democrat – 2012 (for the middle / working class) (what's left of us)

July 10, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  95. USN-Ret

Can't wait !!! Needless to say, some of my anticipation has to do with the campaign so far. Fun went out of it when the GOP Debates ended. Oh, I'm voting FOR President Obama and I'm an Independent voter. Oh and I'm Conservative, Liberal and Moderate depending on the situation. Long Live the Republic !!

July 10, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
  96. Kyoto

I am extremely motivated to vote in November. With all the lies they tell, the GOP scares me!!!

July 10, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
  97. deborah ballweg Seibert, co

Very. I am afraid this could be our last chance to vote.

July 10, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
  98. USN-Ret

Oops, Mansfield Texas also. Oh my I just can't wait !!

July 10, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  99. Riley ODay

I will vote as I always do. I do not expect a change, from either. The senators and reps are not helping the broken country.

July 10, 2012 at 4:29 pm |
  100. James M

I am highly motivated Jack. What I see is the President at least trying to do SOMETHING. It seems that our Senate is the main problem, and hindering problems being solved. I suggest we reopen the rusting oil refineries. This would probably create a million or so new jobs immediately. Of course, the environment people would have a problem, but we pay other countries to pollute the same atmosphere to refine. Keep jobs here.

July 10, 2012 at 4:29 pm |
  101. Mark from New Jersey

Pretty darned motivated, Jack. I would consider not voting.. for Obama, tantamount to insanity. Do we all want a self-important, self-aggrandizing, tool of the of one percent, who would finish the job that W. started as president? I have donated not only to Obama but to congressional and senatorial candidates all over the country... that's how motivated I am. Otherwise, I could be held in contempt... of intelligence.

July 10, 2012 at 4:33 pm |
  102. Stan-the-Man

Hey Jack, poll numbers don't really mean anything. no one has called me yet nor a bunch of my friends. the actual votes for Obama will put him back in office then all polls are a joke and a waiste of time and need to be trashed. oh no, Cnn will be out of a job.

July 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
  103. Bob, St. Thomas PA

Very motivated, Jack, for Gary Johnson.

July 10, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
  104. Jeff in Minnesota

No one has gotten me excited to vote for them. ThenPresident thinks "leading from behind" and "having everyone else lead" is somehow leadership on his part. Then you have Mitt who spews tired retoric from days gone by. Might just be another year where I write in myself for President.

July 10, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
  105. Michael, from Smiths, Alabama

I'm VERY VERY motivated to vote for Obama in November, not just to keep Mittens Romney and Ron Paul out of the White House, but to give Obama the second chance I feel he deserves. He's been getting a lot of criticism for what some GOP supporters call his 'failed initiatives'...not to mention that many of my former classmates have begun calling him 'Obummer'. I want to vote for Obama, I want him to win reelection, and I want to rub my former classmates' noses in it afterwards.

July 10, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
  106. Mr. D

Hey! Can I vote for someone else? Too bad we don't have choices like we had as kids at the candy store. The only thing available is sour balls. I might have to sit this one out. I still have this sour taste in my mouth.

July 10, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
  107. jeff from florida

I just want it over with. As a former middle class, I know whoever wins, I get screwed.
    So lets just get it started, already.

July 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
  108. Cres from Florida

The way things stand with the candidates running, I'm hardly motivated at all. WHAT WOULD REALLY MOTIVATE
    ME THE MOST, BESIDES A THIRD PARTY CANDIDATE BETTER THAN EITHER OF THE TWO FRONT RUNNERS........
    (and I don't know who that would be at this point), WOULD BE IF THERE WERE THE CHOICE ON THE BALLOT OF
    "N O N E O F T H E A B O V E". When you think about that, it's really sad and pathetic that that's what our
    presidential elections have come down to, but more and more that's the way it is. I don't like to use it, but I can't
    help but be reminded of this expression too: THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS!!! SAD AND PATHETIC PRETTY MUCH
    SUMS IT UP JACK.

July 10, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
  109. David, in hot and sunny Tampa

I'm an Independent. Voting against one of these people is easy but I see, nor hear, any reason to vote for either. To answer your question, I would rather watch grass grow or have tooth extraction without drugs. Once again our fatally flawed two party system gives little hope for anything good coming out of this election.

July 10, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
  110. Terry in Virginia

I don't like anyone running for office, so "yes" I will vote in November. Will I vote for President? Maybe, maybe not. Sadly, Mr. Obama turned out to be a typical say-anything-to-get-elected politician so I'm not inclined to vote for him again but Mr. Romney admits that he doesn't know where his own money is kept. Why should I trust him with taxpayer money? My Representative is an obstructionist and a leading member of the Party of No. Voting against him may be the only fun I have this year since it's still free to vote. It is still free, isn't it Jack?

July 10, 2012 at 4:53 pm |
  111. Ceemak. La.

My mind is made up, all the ads and media is falling on deaf ears.....I will cast my vote for Barack Obama in November.

July 10, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
  112. Ethan

Jack I happen to be very motivated as long as Ron Paul becomes the official rebloodlican nominee, and if he isn't then I'm still energized to vote for Gary Johnson.

July 10, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
  113. I'm a Rose

I'm ready to vote and very enthusiastic. i will be voting for President obama. I would never ever vote for a wealthy person that hides his millions of dollars off shore. What is wrong with trusting our banks? Romeny won't show his tax returns, something is fishy. If you pay a lot of lawyers to file them and it takes so much time then they must be hiding something. By the time he puts them out it will all be hidden you can bet.

July 10, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
  114. Gary Bonner

Jack,

I am PASSIONATELY committed to voting this November. Wild horses couldn't pull me away from the polls this November. I am a "small government conservative" and I have every intention of voting for Barack Hussein Obama.

I'll tell you why! I have watched my fellow conservatives in Congress spend their every waking moment trying like heck to keep the economy in a ditch for no other reason than sticking it to Obama. This may be an effective political strategy to wrest power away from the Democrats, but there are actually REAL PEOPLE out here who need real and immediate help. We need jobs and growth NOW.

I sat and listened to the Senate minority leader and the house majority leaders actually say their #1 priority was to "make Obama a 1 term President." They said this while the country was in the midst of the worst economic catastrophy since the Great Depression. Since that statement, they have made good on their promise and have thwarted any and all attempts to mitigate the economic turmoil we find ourselves in. It breaks my heart and pisses me off that members of my party hate our President MORE than they love our country.

I want small limited government, and I am passionate about it; but I will not wreck my country in order to make a point. This is rediculous. I'd wrather settle for people who love our country but are wrong on the issues, than elect zealots who are all bluster and no ability to make anything happen except the daily train wreck I see insighted day-in and day-out.

Yes. I'd vote TWICE if I thought I could get away with it!

July 10, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
  115. Stephanie in Seattle

Not very. Don't get me wrong, I want obama gone and the sooner the better but I live in a liberal state and my vote most likely won't count. Time to go to the popular vote. Everyone's vote should count.

July 10, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
  116. Gigi Oregon

I have made my decision months ago. I will be able to take the summer and fall off from watching any political rhetoric. My vote will go for the people and rebuilding America. Not for the Rich capitalist and their foolish spending to buy the White House rather than provided jobs and rebuilding the United States after years of neglect..

July 10, 2012 at 5:11 pm |
  117. Renee, Illinois

You know what they say; if you don't vote, you can't complain. Since I'm likely to do a lot of bitching and moaning about whoever screws us over for the next 4 years, I'd better vote.

July 10, 2012 at 5:13 pm |
  118. Al from Orlando

I see no reason to vote. Corporate greed has taken most of the wealth earned by hard work leaving a slave
    enviorment barely able to find the funds to exsist. The greed profits turn out to be the toys of the wealthy who amuse
    themselves by their periodic games of sport to keep the slaves from revolting

July 10, 2012 at 5:15 pm |
  119. Jim

Jack,

I am very motivated to vote for President Obama, not because I worry about him losing but because I want his margin of victory to be as huge as possible. Oh, and I also get a guilty pleasure out of voting against every Republican in sight!

Jim
    Reno, Nevada

July 10, 2012 at 5:16 pm |
  120. Ron Allen Niceville Florida

Will absolutely vote in this election just like I have in every presidential election that has been held since I became of age. It's especially important that reasonable, thoughtful people vote in this election. Otherwise, the US faces a real threat that we will become prisioners of the lunatic fringe that threatens our very Democracy.

July 10, 2012 at 5:18 pm |
  121. Evelyn

Just the thought of Romney in the White House is enough to make me puke . Need I say more ? I will me voting for President Obama.We don't need a man in the White House that thinks he is God's gift to the human race.

July 10, 2012 at 5:19 pm |
  122. pitbullstew

Jack I am so motivated I gave $100 from my unemployment check to Obama because I want him to remain as president because I just dont think Romeny knows the 1st thing about being unemployed, and never will.

July 10, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
  123. Cody, Beachwood, NJ

Considering how close the race is right now, I wouldn't dare not vote in the upcoming election. It is in these kinds of races where you hope to see big voter turnouts, because you feel your vote matters so much more.

July 10, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  124. Randy

Very motivated Jack, if Romney gets elected he'll try and finish the job George Bush started and go after the rest of the middle class's money.

July 10, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  125. Julie Floyd

I am always motivated to vote in the presidential election and always know whom I want to vote for. And then I think that since 1976 when I could first vote, my vote has always gone for the candidate I did not want because I'm a Democrat who has always lived in Republican states. What's the point, really? A vote for my candidate is a vote for the man I do not want.

July 10, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  126. Glen I WA, from GA

IF there was I could vote for "none-of-the_above", I would, and I think a whole lot of others would also. It is coming down in politics to who has the most money, and who is the better of two evils

July 10, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  127. Diana

Brooklyn, MD
    I plan to vote this year for sure... I am going for Gary Johnson, the only candidate so far that has indicated ANY change in the fiscal hole our country is in!

July 10, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  128. Kenni (San Antonio, TX)

Jack,

I'm so ready to pull that switch for Obama, that I'm dieting just so I'll have the stamina to run to the voting booth as fast as I possibly can!

July 10, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  129. fred

I hate to say it, but this election may be settled by the apathetic non-vote. Don't let the winner be determined by how many don't care.

July 10, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  130. Steven Mosher

I am so motivated that I wish I could vote twice. And both notes would be for Obama. We cannot have rich man Romney at the helm. He will be more interested in helping the rich and corporate America (thinking this is helping the rest of America) instead of concentrating on the middle class.

July 10, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  131. Al from Orlando

I could only vote for an ideal software program to replace whatever that is in Washington. It would eliminate the
    need for a mouth silencing the talking heads in all categories

July 10, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  132. Theresa

Nothing will keep me from voting against the Republicans. I think their platform is the greatest Ponzi scheme played on the American people!

July 10, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  133. Kim Dockery

I'm very motivated to vote in November.Not six months before and certainly not a year before.
    They waste mmmmmillions going after votes and most folks don't care right now.I sure could use a job though.

July 10, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  134. Liz. Florida

I think Romney will take us back to the problems o the Bush era. Since I'm in Florida I feel that my vote may be worth something. Only death will keep me away from the voting booth.

July 10, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  135. Doris Roberts

Very motivated becasue I do not want the superpacks to buy the presidency.

July 10, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  136. Leasa

I live in the swing state of Colorado. I am a registered independent and I have already made up my mind as to how I will vote in November. I will vote for Obama as Romney does nothing to build my trust in him, frankly, he scares the hell out of me!

July 10, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  137. Tyler, Louisville, KY

As a college student and Obama supporter, I am highly motivated to vote. However, comparing this election to the one four years ago, I can definitely see a lack of excitement among my fellow students at the university.

July 10, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  138. joshichinu

Jack – I am highly motivated to vote for Pres. Obama . I will only miss voting if there is death in my family, and it's MY DEATH.

July 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  139. Anne in Houston

VERY motivated! I will vote FOR continued democracy and American citizens having their constitutional rights and freedoms. So I will be voting for President Obama. The alternative is an aristocracy that screws the rest of America for their selfish and misguided cupidity and theocratic idiocy.

July 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  140. Liz Davis

I am very motivated to vote not only because I consider it a civic responsibility, but because I want to get this election crap over with!

July 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  141. Pete, NJ

I'd be a lot more motivated if my vote actually meant anything, but as long as the Electoral College picks the President, my vote means very little. I'll vote anyway, but it would make a difference if the system actually showed some respect for the citizen. Citizens United will have more influence than I will.

July 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  142. Steve ft laurdale

Motivated for November ? I wish it were tomorrow. This country needs a change desperately and te sooner the better. And, by he way, how does the President have time to do 109 fund raisers this year with so many people out of work ? Maybe if he stayed home and minded the store a bit better things wouldn.t be so bad.

Stever..ft lauderdale

July 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  143. Marie

I'm extremely motivated to vote. Everything in our power must be done to remove the fraud in office. If not, before long we will have a red flag flying high on the White House and all our freedoms will be gone forever. People must start to realize what Obama has in store for us if we don't get him out of there.

July 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  144. Elzabet

I can't stand either one of them. I'm writing in Pinky and the Brain.

July 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  145. jerry

I am highly motivated, and will vote for President Obama and Democrats for House and Senate races.

July 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  146. Nospam

Very. We need to get this administration out of office. Things have gone so far to the left, that I worry when I retire, there won't be a Social Security or medicare system left. It will have been spent on other social projects in an attempt to get more votes from people that want everything for nothing. This country is well on it's way to bankruptcy.

July 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  147. Janice Romeo

The fact that the super rich are spending vast amounts of money to elect Romney makes me very motivated to vote for Obama. The very rich are not voting for Romney because he's going to do great things for the rest of us.

July 10, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
  148. Jason p

Jack, I'm voting for the President again because the idea of a few fat rich cats destroying our democracy and implementing a Plutocracy just sickens me!

July 10, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
  149. Yuri from florida

For every one person that votes for Romney there is another that votes for Obama. The more younger people vote (which traditionally never happened before) the better it is for this country. Right now we are voting to shape our future while older folks who by large are traditionally republicans are trying to cling on to their failing ideals. Every generation tries to outvote the other. In next 8 years many baby boomers will no longer be on this planet so electing or re-electing the right person now is even more important. Us youngsters vote for long term improvement which is crucial to us.

July 10, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
  150. pam troutman

Jack, I am very pumped for this years election. I am sick to death of people telling me how they hate obama the antichrist. I eat, drink and sleep politics. I began to learn all i could after 9-11. What bothers me the most is 90% of coworkers, tell me how they hate Obama. When I ask them for specifics they have none to offer. A frequent comment is I dont watch the news and I hate politics. They havent a clue about either man. so sad. Americans educated yourself!!!!

July 10, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
  151. veronica

i see a lot of racism and that is making me so motivated

July 10, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
  152. Jason Z

I like you, Jack. You're one of the few that gets to it without any BS. To answer your question: After the media did everything in it's power to discount and exclude Ron Paul as a serious contender (which is a good reason why you have people voting for Romney – a charlatan in Republican clothing – just to 'vote against' the incumbent), not very motivated at all.

July 10, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
  153. Michael Gier

Very motivated! Obama needs to go. What he's done has NOT worked. We don't need any more of that. Romney is not perfect but I'm willing to give him a chance because we've already seen what the President has done to help; NOTHING!

July 10, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
  154. Liz. Florida

There is only one thing that will keep me from voting, death.

July 10, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
  155. Jeff in Rogers, AR

I'm really not motivated at all. While tentatively a democrat, my choices seem to be between a president who has policies taking us deeper into the mire or a republican candidate who has policies that sound similar to what created the mire to begin with.

July 10, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
  156. Karl in Flint, MI

Very motivated by the threat of a President Romney. We don't need another "W" to completely finish off the country and Mitt will BAIN us, sell us off and leave us when he goes to join the rest of his money and friends in those exotic places they keep their tax free moneys. George Romney must be rolling over in his grave at what this kid of his has done with his life and this country. He wouldn't be proud.

July 10, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
  157. Jon

Very motivated! Not sure who I am voting for, but WILL vote. No matter who you are leaning for, Vote! I think both candidates should make an ad together urging voters to vote. I would be more willing to vote for any or either if they could stop bickering and do something together, especially something as simple as urging people to vote!

July 10, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
  158. Bill

Motivated like a Turkey on the day before thanksgiving . I rather have a Brazilian wax job (and I'm a man) than motivate myself to go to the polls

Bill
    Fort Bragg.

July 10, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
  159. John in Norman

Are corporations people? This is the fundimental question that defines this election, will the Koch brothers rule over the this great country or will the average middle class win out? I vote for the people, how bought you farmer?

July 10, 2012 at 5:26 pm |
  160. Rosebud, Surprise, AZ

I am EXTREMELY motivated to vote in November. I think more pivotal then the 2008 election we need to send a message to the fat cats that are unwilling to do their jobs and make decisions that WE ARE BEHIND OUR PRESIDENT. Congress and the House need to poop or get off of the pot. If we would begin to FIRE all of these CAREER goverment employees (a government for the people and by the people) when they refuse to do their job our Presidnet could more effectively do his. I'm voting OBAMA!!!!

July 10, 2012 at 5:26 pm |
  161. John J. Grimes Watertown, Ma.

I never miss voting in a Presidential election but my enthusiasm this year is lukewarm. Americans blame Obama for "not doing anything" yet are oblivious to the obstructionism he has faced from Republicans in Washington. I voted for Romney for Governor but while he's a likable guy, I don't see him doing anything to help the middle-class despite all of his promises.3rd party anyone?

July 10, 2012 at 5:26 pm |
  162. Mykel, CA

I am very motivated to vote in November, but the difference for me is that I'm a new voter. It will be my second time voting in November and I wouldn't miss it for anything. I'm not so motivated on the national level but more on the state level. There's a possibility democrats could take the super majority in the State Assembly and the Senate in November and that's something to be motivated about!!

July 10, 2012 at 5:26 pm |
  163. Rob in New Jersey

Give the keys to the White House back to the Republicans after the mess their policies caused in 2008? Not on your LIFE !!! I can't wait to vote for President Obama again. We need a statesman in the White House....not a Vulture Capitalist.

July 10, 2012 at 5:26 pm |
  164. Arian in CA

I am fired up and ready to go!! I think people are letting their frustrations blind them to the fact that Barrack Obama has done a lot of heavy lifting BY HIMSELF!!! With no help from Congress.

I am more interested in getting rid of the do nothing, obstructionous Congress so that we can finally get to the change in America that the middle class so desperatly needs. So voting from the president is just the start voting against the Congress is the next step...

July 10, 2012 at 5:27 pm |
  165. thefoyeeffect

I am very much looking forward to going to the polls in November and ending the reign of this sophomoric, unaccountable mess of an administration.

July 10, 2012 at 5:27 pm |
  166. Michael Gier

Very motivated! Obama needs to go. What he's done has NOT worked and he will continue to screw things up. We don't need any more of that. Romney is not perfect but I'm willing to give him a chance because we've already seen what the President has done to help; NOTHING! At least this time we'll have a President with real world business experience.

July 10, 2012 at 5:27 pm |
  167. RB in California

Very motivated to vote for President Obama! Our entire God loving family is voting for our President!! Frightening to think all the hard work and accomplishments that the President has put in for a quality, sustainable growth future for our children would be overturned. Have a hard time understanding why any of the 98% of Americans considered middle class or less would vote against themselves by voting for the current radical republican party.

July 10, 2012 at 5:28 pm |
  168. Flyingwolf from Manchester, NH

I am extremely motivated. I am the recipient of the Obama loan refinance. My old mortgage payment was 564.64 and now its 412. because of the Pres' program for loan modification. I got a lower interest rate and over $150 less to pay per month–all because of our President. I only wish I had taken advantage of it earlier.

July 10, 2012 at 5:28 pm |
  169. Leonard New York City

Are you serious? THIS is one of the most important elections since 1776!!! It would seem, there are "forces" that want to BUY, CHEAT, and deflect reality! I'll be at the polls at DAWN, (with my PHOTO ID) voting for the ONLY choice that represents HOPE & CHANGE!!! Yes, I'm sticking with the President!!!!

July 10, 2012 at 5:28 pm |
  170. CaroleInMN

Definitely for Obama. Romney would be worse. The Republican congress is killing any hopes of getting anything done now. If all goes Republican in November, the remaining middle class will disappear.

July 10, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
  171. Jim (Jersey City, NJ)

Good Evening Jack, I am very motivated to vote in November. The process will be simple I plan to vote against ALL incumbents. I am tired of the impasse in Congress and our 'representatives' are not getting the message and are not performing their jobs. I would have lost my position many years ago for failing to work as a team and failing to arrive at a solution. Our representatives have failed to represent their constituents and instead take the easy road and vote on things that will get them re-elected and continue to take no action on difficult issues like debt, government spending, entitlements.

Thank You for reading.

July 10, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
  172. Vick, Orange Park , FL

Jack,

I am very motivated to vote. I will be voting against Mitt because I know who he will take care of and who will be left behind if he is elected. I am not happy with every thing the President has done but when you compare him to Mitt it is a no brainier! I just wish that congress would have worked with the President to try and solve our problems. Since it has not effected the rich much the Republican have stopped anything from getting done!!!

July 10, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
  173. Dan from NM

I voted for president because he said he wants to be the president of Americans, not democrats nor republicans.
    Now it seems like he want to be the president of 98% of America but not all Americans and he doesnot mind to be discriminating against the 2%. you know minority has always been crushed, however i am not quite sure about this one.

July 10, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
  174. Matt Finley

What I think about November is this country is in sad shape. If this is all that this great nation has to offer we are sure to fail in every way..oh yea and if you call my house on Sunday looking for my vote foget it..come on can't I get away from this nonsense for one day out of the week?

July 10, 2012 at 5:31 pm |
  175. Jerry NJ

Very motivated, Obama has taken us from losing millions of jobs to continuously gaining for three years now. Moving us to energy independence, health care reform, and not using our military like we’re a stick to be swung at anyone we don’t agree with. You bet I’ll be voting for Obama in November so I can serve out the remainder of my service with him as my Commander in Chief. Oorah!

July 10, 2012 at 5:31 pm |
  176. Greg

I wasn't motivated at all as I supported "Obama" last election. He has helped in many ways, but policies that matter most like letting the rich tax expire & starting to tax china on imports he hasn't kept his promise. There are many Romney's moving businesses to China to avoid taxes -like Romney's Swiss Bank accounts. The choice is clear-I can only be very motivated to vote a 2nd term for Obama or face certain death of the Country I love if Romney gets elected...

July 10, 2012 at 5:31 pm |
  177. Richard

I am very motivated. I am a a first time voter and want to vote for Obama. I think that we need to get this country back on track. We need to fix the economy and make reforms. We need to create more jobs and industry. With this we need to also make reforms in education, infrastructure, energy, and health care. I believe Obama is going to get this done.

July 10, 2012 at 5:32 pm |
  178. Edward Berry

I am very motivated to vote for Obama. I want to stop Romney from repealing the universal health care. Oregon has already implemented the exchange. Plus, Romney is just too negative. If Romney wants votes, I suggest he say something specific and constructive about what he would do as president.

July 10, 2012 at 5:32 pm |
  179. Bob

I'm very happy and proud to say I will happily vote AGAINST THE TRAITOR OBAMA! At least I know that will cancel out one Dem vote!

July 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
  180. Victor

Highly Highly Motivated. I am a proud RINO (I actually want to hear what the Democrats have to say) and WILL VOTE for Obama. I tried to give Romney the benefit of the doubt but the more I listen to him the more he sounds like a Farengi, you know that Star Trek character that believes the Only justification for Profit is Profit. I'm actually sick of both parties arguing their respective Chicken and Egg arguments but I am more upset with the Republicans for there refusal to work with the President of the United States from the get go, as a matter of Policy. ITS THE COUNTRY STUPID!!!!!!!!! ITS THE BLEEPING COUNTRY THAT SHOULD HAVE COME FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

July 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
  181. Bob

Anyone that wants to keep their FREEDOM will vote for the all American ROMNEY!

July 10, 2012 at 5:34 pm |
  182. Norris from Alabama

Like most Democrats, I'm very motivated. Democrats act on facts, knowledge and reason; Republicans act on negative emotions-hate, anger, fear, bias. We support President Obama because of his accomplishments. Republicans hate him based on vague notions that justifies their hate. By the same token, they have a hard time supporting Romney because their bigotry makes them believe he's not 'one of us'. Just look at President Obama's accomplishments: He's killed Osama bin Laden, provided support that helped topple Muammar Gaddafi, killed Anwar Al-Awlaki and used a more intelligent tactics that have degraded al-Qaeda significantly—something that Bush wasn't able to do while occupying Iraq and Afghanistan. His 'Race to the Top' program has gotten state officials, school administrators, teachers and unions to work together to improve education and set national standards. We've gone from losing 800,000 jobs a month to adding 4mil over the last two years. He's gotten passage of a law that could help millions gain insurance. He's ended immigration policies that have torn innocent families apart and put together the Simpson-Boyles commission that produced a the best road map for solving our fiscal and deficit problems

July 10, 2012 at 5:34 pm |
  183. Fred Griswold

I can't hold my nose tight enough to vote for either one of these guys. Let's contract it out to Nelson Mandela.

Fred Griswold
    San Mateo CA

July 10, 2012 at 5:34 pm |
  184. mike t.

I have not seen a worthy presidential candidate since Bill Richardson. Motivated to vote? It's like asking if someone is motivated to go to the dentist to get either a root canal, or get braces. Hmmm, I live for the day our two party system is gone, and we can get someone to run worth voting for. As for motivated, no i am not. However; i will vote for the lesser of two evils......Again.....

July 10, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
  185. Dave Rous, Duluth Minnesota

I'm always motivated to vote. That's the basic foundation of this country. The system isn't perfect, but the quickest way to really screw it up is apathy. And if you don't take the little bit of time and effort to do so, then kindly keep your political opinions to yourself.

July 10, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
  186. Tim

I am highly motivated, Jack . Obama is fired.. if i ran a Corporation like he runs the country i would be bankrupt.
    He promised to much.
    If he thinks he will win Florida good luck to him retirees are not happy.

July 10, 2012 at 5:36 pm |
  187. LaWanna Montgomery

I am very motivated to re elect President Obama for another 4 years.

July 10, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
  188. Jan in Wa. State

I am very motivated. We have to make sure the President is re-elected. If Romney gets in we are headed for really bad times. The Republicans do not like poor people or the middle class as far as that goes. They will turn Medicare into a voucher program and shred the safety net for the poor. I don't get how the Republicans get so many people to vote against their best interests and to believe their fake fear mongering over gun control etc.. The President is doing the best that can be expected with zero help from the other side and the chicken heart Dems.

July 10, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
  189. Reggie53

I am totally motivated to vote for Romney because Obama has been a total disaster from day one. Time for Obama to get back to Chicago where he belongs. Romney in 2012!!!!!!

July 10, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
  190. Alexander

My reason for voting this November is for a President who will help us out of the bad economy we are experiencing and lead us to a better one, but currently both candidates are throwing dirt at each other and not talking about the future to solve this problem. Until then many of us will vote blindly for either candidate this upcoming November.
    Burbank, California

July 10, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
  191. Dimetrius From San Francisco

Though this whole race is very interesting, it seems though that people are getting tiered and don't really care who will be in office. I would love for Obama to be in office again. This election is coming to an end soon, but now it just seems like President Obama and Mitt Romney are jsut going at each other, and to me, they are acting very immature. Saying "He did this", "He did that." I would say that the motivation for going to the pols is very low for General Eelection year 2012, and with the ads and commercials for each canidate, makes voters confuse.

July 10, 2012 at 5:39 pm |
  192. Ikenna C. Ikeri

Ikenna from California.
    Hello Jack, I’m not motivated at all. Both candidates are too busy counteracting each other's position, instead of laying out what plans they have for the next four years if elected. At this point it is really difficult deciding whom to vote for, because I don't know what they stand for.

July 10, 2012 at 5:39 pm |
  193. Ty Hill

Unfortunately not excited about the 2012 election at all. Romney is strictly about extending the Bush-tax cuts for the rich. Anti-union and allowing outside sources to flood unlimited money in an election that should strictly decided by the American people. Slashing major programs like medicare/medicaid for the average person. Of course Mick always changes his mind on a subject depending on his audience. However president Barack who has done some good isn't a true fighter. He caved into republicans who held programs like the "start treaty, 911 responders, don't ask don't tell" hostage in order to extend the Bush-tax cuts. President Obama also has shifted views on domestic drilling and keeping medicare/medicaid protected from any cuts. When the banks 1st cause the financial collapse why didn't the president push for "glass-eagle" to be reinstated breaking up big banks?! To me this is a choice of the lesser of 2 evils; I like the president personally but don't trust him. Our 2 party system is infected and can't be rebooted we need a 3rd alternative; perhaps Jesse Ventura, Bernie Sanders, or Rocky Anderson of the Justice party?

July 10, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
  194. MomoH

jack, I am seriously motivated to vote come november. We are all talking about the economy as number one issue. and the question is Obama or Romny who will better hamdle the economy? I will say Obama. There are signs we are out of the woods though we are not there yet. we should think about what the economy was when he took over to now. again on the question of who will do a better job of the economy, I will say Obama. ILets say we had Romney a as president who opposed the auto bail out. We could have lost millions of jobs in the auto industry. So clearly Obamy will do a better job.

July 10, 2012 at 5:42 pm |
  195. Ikenna C. Ikeri

Ikenna from Pomona, California.

July 10, 2012 at 5:42 pm |
  196. Doug

I live in a very blue state. Obama's going to win here. If I don't like him it won't make a difference. In the red states Romney's going to win. Red and blue states account for the bulk of the country. There are only a half dozen or so states where your vote will effect the election. But your voice always counts. You get one say every four years. If enough of us vote for a third party hopefully the Democrats and Republicans will realize how fed up we are by their antics. So i'm voting, probably Libertarian.

July 10, 2012 at 5:43 pm |
  197. phil o from Florida

Very motivated, I lived in Mass. before moving to Fl. so I got a first hand look at Mitt Romney's act. My summers were spent in Wolfboro N.H. as a child but not in a Palace like the Romney summer shack, but I am very familiar with the area where they live.$8,000,000 – $10,000,000 easy! I don't know about you ,Jack but someone that spends 2-3 weeks a year in an8-10 Million dollar summer home doesn't understand my problems.

July 10, 2012 at 5:44 pm |
  198. Sia Magona, New York

Oh yes Jack, I am motivated to vote and here is why.. This election is about who will fight for the middle class and save there jobs/ The middle class- fire fighters, police officers, teachers, factory workers to name a few. One thing I know is this, if Romny wins, teachers, firefighters, police officers will loss their jobs while with Obama he sees the need for these people. Romny wants more money for himself and his Billioneer friends and will not hessitate to lay off teachers , police officers and fuire fighters

July 10, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
  199. Independent Voter

I'm motivated by how each candidate argues policy; my issue with former Governor Romney (it is not personal, but political). First, Mitt flip-flopping has NOTHING to do with President Obama's successes or failures. After all, Mitt has the RIGHT to change his mind on any issue (just like John Kerry). I just find it a little peculiar that he has done a 180 on practically EVERY isssue at one time or another. It suggests to me that he is a man of little or no political integrity (what ARE his core values?). Politically–why should I trust ANYTHING he says? In the past, I disagreed with Reagan many policy positions–but I always knew were he stood. Subsequently, Reagan at least was pragmatic enough to work across the isle to GET THINGS DONE. I see no evidence that Mitt will be able to do that because the special interests within his party have painted him into an ideological/political corner. However, UNLIKE Reagan–apparently Mitt doesn't have the policy platform, charisma, or the BALLS, to stand up to ANY of the detractors within his party when he disagrees with them, ideologically, on policy, yet has the nerve to call the President out for being "weak and apologertic." Contrastingly, Obama's detractors within his party have gon on record blasting him for doing precisely that; his WILLINGNESS to compromising some of their core policy issues in order to get things done (e.g, 10-1 entitlement/spending cuts to tax revenues). Additionally, this contrasts fosters questions about Romney; why does Mitt REALLY want the headaches that come along with the job of POTUS? Why would a highly successful businessman whom–by his own admission–believes the PRIVATE SECTOR can affect economic growth and employment more effectively than the PUBLIC SECTOR–want a job in Government?? Especially considering that, through lobbying firms, private sector interests have effecively dismanteld the tax reforms Reagan put into place in '86 as well as the Mcain-Feingold act, which limited Corporate expenditures in campaign finance and resulted in giving corporations the POWER to practically dictate policy, as well as dominate poltical speech through campaign contributions to politicians–all with ZERO accountability or disclosure. Why does Romney, a PROVEN success in the private sector as opposed to the public sector (e.g., 88% return on investment as head of Bain vs. 47th in job growth as Gov of MA), choose to GIVE UP his ability to affect the economy through his position in the private sector?!? Why apply to a lower paying, less effective, less efficient, public sector, position in an institution he repeatedly argues cannot help the country as well as the position he already had in the private sector?!? What is his motivation; where is the political logic in his arguments that will convince me to give him my vote?!? I'm jus sayin....its not personal, its political. Can somebody help me understand?

July 10, 2012 at 5:48 pm |