If you were Romney, under what circumstances would you ask Santorum to be your running mate?
March 27th, 2012

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Rick Santorum says he's not ruling out the idea of becoming Mitt Romney's running mate. Nobody's asked him, but he's serious. No B.S.

When asked by the Christian Broadcasting Network if he would consider a vice presidential offer by Romney, Santorum replied, "Of course."

When he was asked a second time if he's "keeping his options open" for a VP spot, Santorum didn't shoot down the idea.

Maybe he's finally facing the fact that he's not going to win the Republican nomination. It’s about time.

This idea is the perfect illustration of the phrase, "Politics makes strange bedfellows." Santorum has been vicious in his attacks against Romney.

He called Romney the "worst Republican" to nominate against President Barack Obama when it comes to the health care issue.

And Santorum had to walk back his comment that Americans would be better off with Obama winning a second term than Romney being elected.

With friends like this. …

Romney has already suggested he won't pick Santorum as his running mate because he's not conservative enough.

So whom might Romney pick if he wins the nomination?

Some of the names out there include Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor of Virginia and South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley.

It's still early. Remember John McCain didn't find Sarah Palin until just before the convention. And what a find that was.

Here’s my question to you: If you were Mitt Romney, under what circumstances would you ask Rick Santorum to be your running mate?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Everett:
I'm not a Republican but I'm watching closely. If I were Romney, I could never approach Santorum to be a running mate. Rick Santorum is far too conservative to be electable. Romney should be shrewd at this point and find a popular moderate as a running mate. If he says the right things now he could be president.

Carolyn in California:
Hell freezing over comes to mind.

Chip:
Santorum makes Dan Quayle look good.

Greg in Arkansas:
Zero. After everything Rick has said about Mitt, I would rather ask my ex-wife to manage my checking account than to ask Santorum to watch my back as a V.P. candidate.

Doug:
If Romney wins the nomination, he will ask Lindsey Graham to run with him.

Luke:
If I had lost a $10,000 bet.

M.:
I don't know, but I am having a good laugh thinking of an answer.

Greene in Pennsylvania:
Under NO circumstances should Romney ask Santorum to be his Veep. Romney has my vote unless he does that.

John:
If I were Romney, I would be agreeable to having Santorum as my running mate provided that Santorum agreed to have his mouth taped shut whenever appearing in public.

Posted by
Filed under: 2012 Election • GOP • GOP Ticket • Mitt Romney • Rick Santorum
  1. John Herling

If I were Romney, I would be agreeable to having Santorum as my runnning mate, provided that Santorum agreed to have his mouth taped shut whenever appearing in public.

March 27, 2012 at 1:32 pm |
  2. MYSTEROIUS

I don't know, but I am having a good laugh thinking of an answer. LMAO, for real!!

March 27, 2012 at 1:39 pm |
  3. Doug Ericson

If Romney wins the nomination he will ask Lindsey Graham to run with him. Doug, Pepperell, MA.

March 27, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
  4. Bobby (Jackson MS)

If I were Romney I'd stop wasting me and me dad's money trying to buy the presidency ,but as far as choosing Sanatorium as a VP it would be just another Romney flip flop so the answer is yes yes and yes

March 27, 2012 at 1:42 pm |
  5. pat in michigan

If he is so desperate to be the President that he would choose a wing nut like Santorum then I don't want him to be President. It just shows how his goal is not for us but for his ego!

March 27, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
  6. Ron WPAFB

Is there really no news Jack? What about the Malaria Drug that the Army gave Bales? Every one of my Air Force friends and colleagues are scared to death over this drug! That's news. Romney will never pick Santorum, Romney will never be President! I know you news types have to make news up , but, Really Jack?

March 27, 2012 at 1:46 pm |
  7. jk in MN

The next time there are 30 days in February, Jack!

March 27, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
  8. JD in NH

Maybe if Romney was in the running for Pope. Other than that, a zealot like Santorum wouldn't be a good thing.

March 27, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
  9. Paul, Parry Sound, Ontario

Under the circumstance that Romney and Santorum were the last two people on earth.

March 27, 2012 at 1:57 pm |
  10. tom Bulger, Canandaigua, NY

I've heard that the first name on the ticket is the one that wins elections. If that's true, having a dramatic personality at his elbow will only accentuate Romney's lack of one and damage his chances.

March 27, 2012 at 1:58 pm |
  11. Ed from California

If I were Romney....I would be living on a beach somewhere....not running for a job that I'll never get! There must be some sort of upside for the corporate raider that I'm not seeing. No! I would not have Pope Rick as a running mate! I'd rather have Mayor Bloomberg.

March 27, 2012 at 1:59 pm |
  12. PJ

Under what conditions would I (as Romney) invite Santorum to be my running mate? If he had a literal guy to my head, perhaps. Otherwise, under NO circumstances. Santorum wants to be President so bad, he would probably strangle Mitt in his sleep to get the job.

March 27, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
  13. Bill of New Mexico

I would meet with Santorum over a long coffee.

If Santorum talked of some the advantages of my proposals as well as being able to be a team player–then okay.

But, if Santorum ran on how only his proposals would work, then forget it!

March 27, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
  14. Ed from Texas

If his goal was to lose the election by a landslide.

March 27, 2012 at 2:02 pm |
  15. Rich McKinney, Texas

If Romeny were certain that he was going to lose the election then he might ask Santprum to be vice president.. The two together would be like oil and water Jack. You can stir them up and they seem to form into something but as soon as the action stops they seperate. That is like the whole republican party now. They just don't mix..

March 27, 2012 at 2:03 pm |
  16. John from Alabama

Jack: Mitt Romney will only ask Santorum to be his running mate, if it could end these constant fight at each state primary. Mitt Romney would ask Rick Santorum to be his Vice Presidential running mate to win favor with the conservative base of the Republican Party. Mitt Romney might do these things if Mitt Romney was smart, but at last, he is a ego nut, and will not beg Santorum to be on his ticket. Rick Santorum would only be on Mitt Romney ticket if he begged him, too. Mitt and Rick do not like each other, but neither did Kennedy or Johnson.

March 27, 2012 at 2:06 pm |
  17. Greg in Arkansas

Under what circumstances??...ZERO, ZIPP, NADA after everything Rick has said about Mitt, I would rather ask my ex-wife to manage my checking account than to ask Santorum to watch my back as VP candidate....

March 27, 2012 at 2:06 pm |
  18. Derekkelly

There are no circumstances under which Santorum could now become Romney's running mate. It's impossible to identify a precise moment in the campaign, a specific comment, a primary, a poll, that put Santorum past the point of no return, but for at least the past month, and probably longer, Santorum has expanded a documented record of poisonous retoric that is well past the point of no return. At one point, Sanotorum could have been a boon to Romney in consolidating the base, but now the scales have tipped and he would be a liability. The middle flat out dislikes him.

March 27, 2012 at 2:11 pm |
  19. Jenna Roseville CA

Under NO circumstances would Romney ever ask Santorum to be his running mate. It would be an immediate win for Obama. Better yet, let him ask so we can see an Obama landslide!

Jenna
    Roseville CA

March 27, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
  20. cathy from Illinois

When I first read your question, I cracked up laughing and then I realized you were serious. If I were Romney, and by all means would I not want to be Romney,the thought of Santorumm being dog catcher would not even enter my mind. But, as you know, politics does make strange and very weird bedfellows.

March 27, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
  21. Steve, Clifton, Virginia

Under the same terms and conditions/circumstances under which Joe Biden agreed to under President Obama.

March 27, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
  22. Gordon from NJ

If I first win the nomination, and then realize I am unfit to be President.

March 27, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
  23. Pat from Wyoming

None, Jack! Rick Santorum has gone all out to be nasty and fanatical. When Romney wins, he should scrape Santorum's dust off his shoes. (Is that Biblical enough for you?)

March 27, 2012 at 2:18 pm |
  24. Ken from Pinon Hills, California

That he become a Mormon, and get on a bicycle and spend the next four years going door to door as a missionary.

March 27, 2012 at 2:19 pm |
  25. calaurore9

None really. Romney needs Florida, so Rubio is best pick. Santorum can't deliver a swing state, even his own Pennsylvania.

Carol in Ma

March 27, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
  26. Bizz, Quarryville Pennsylvania

Jack, I don't think that will ever happen. There's too much said that cannot be taken back. There are just too many tapes and interviews of them attacking each other. But if Santorum was to walk on water, like sometimes he all but claims that he can. Then I might change my mind.

March 27, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
  27. Frank Poynton from Los Angeles

If I were Mitt Romney and I came to the realization that what this country needed after all the primary battles was a good "laughing stock", then I'd ask Santorum to be my running mate.

March 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
  28. Martha Brooks

If I had first had a prefrontal lobotomy.

Martha, Rew, PA

March 27, 2012 at 2:24 pm |
  29. Pete in Florida

That's just NOT gonna happen – Santorum is even worse than Joe Biden at sticking both feet in his mouth, so I guess the only circumstance I would suggest would be, "Rick, just stay home and don't make any public speeches, announcements, interviews, etc, and I'll call you if I need you".

March 27, 2012 at 2:24 pm |
  30. June

When pigs fly!

March 27, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
  31. riley oday

If Romneys uses Santorium he ends up like McCain and Palin. Losers

March 27, 2012 at 2:29 pm |
  32. Michael Bindner, Alexandria VA

No circumstances whatsoever, since he did not really win the states he thinks he won once the state conventions are held and the delegates determined. Santorum is unwilling to hire the level of staff required to effectively run the Office of the Vice President. If he were called upon to serve in the top spot, is inability to bring in competent staff would be disasterous for the nation. Santorum is Palin too. Romney needs to learn from McCain's mistake and not repeat it.

March 27, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
  33. Paul From Austin Texas

The only reason would be because of Santorum's support in the south and far right portion of the party.

March 27, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
  34. Larry from Georgetown, Tx

Only if the numbers showed he'd lose without him, just like Kennedy did with Johnson. JFK knew he had to win Texas even though he didn't like or trust LBJ and maybe that decision costs him his life.

March 27, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
  35. Tom in Desoto, TX

Many believe Obama should have asked Hillary to be the vice presidental candidate. They essentially saw things the same. Not so with Romney/Santorum. Romney is certainly more likely to listen to others opinions and postions. Santorum will tell you where you stand. This is oil and water.

March 27, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
  36. Carolyn in California

... Hell freezing over, comes to mind.

March 27, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
  37. RickFromDetroit

If I were Romney the last person I would ask to be my running mate would be Santorum.

March 27, 2012 at 2:43 pm |
  38. Everett Herring

I'm not a Republican but I'm watching closely. If I were Romney I could never approach Santorum to be a running mate. Rick Santorum is far too conservative to be electable in a general election even as a vice presidential candidate. VPs have plenty of power and are one step from the Presidency. Romney should be shrewd at this point and find a popular moderate as a running mate. If he says the right things now he could be President.

March 27, 2012 at 2:45 pm |
  39. Mark, Nashua NH

Jim Jones Jr. would only be useful to Romney if the Potomac turned to blood, locusts devoured the Cherry Blossoms and the firstborn died in every Congressional family. At the very least they would shore up the Aramaic speaking base.

March 27, 2012 at 2:46 pm |
  40. Dave, Orlando, FL

I can’t imagine being Mitt Romney, I think I’d rather die first. Therefore there would be no circumstances under which I would ask Santorum to do anything other than take a very long walk along a very short pier.

March 27, 2012 at 2:47 pm |
  41. Annie, Atlanta

When hell freezes over.

March 27, 2012 at 2:49 pm |
  42. David of Alexandria, VA

When heck freezes over.

March 27, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
  43. Karl in Flint, MI

There would be two requirements. Santorum would have to be sedated and comatose 24/7.

March 27, 2012 at 2:52 pm |
  44. Michael "C" Lorton, Virginia

Jack: If I were Romney (and thank God I'm not)-–none. It is going to be a GOP bloodbath in November-Santorum and Romney--like the movie--Dumb and Dumber!

March 27, 2012 at 2:56 pm |
  45. Ted

Only if Romney wanted to LOSE by 50 million votes....

March 27, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
  46. Rich in Gainesville FL

Like an organ transplant gone bad, my mind rejects the whole notion of "If you were Romney".

March 27, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
  47. David R Bebeau,Springfield Missouri

Are you kidding Jack ? You can't be serious Jack No way on earth would I ask Rick to be VP
    He is so far right he is off the planet.
    David

March 27, 2012 at 3:06 pm |
  48. Janne from NC

When I saw pigs flying around and saw on CNN that hell had frozen over.

March 27, 2012 at 3:11 pm |
  49. C. Martin-Wood from Alabama

Well, being a democrat, I would never be a Romney. But if we're in fairytale world here, if I were a Romney (choke, gag), I'd only add Santorum to my ticket if the little devils were ice skating.

March 27, 2012 at 3:12 pm |
  50. Steve Newman

Only if I had lost my mind.

March 27, 2012 at 3:12 pm |
  51. Jeff A in Tampa

Santorum needs to let Romney crash and burn, distancing himself from the poison that the Romney campaign has spread about any and all challenges to Mitt's front-runner status. Santorum can wait another election cycle and run against Obama's Democratic party hopeful in 2016 because America's not dumb enough to elect Romney.

March 27, 2012 at 3:17 pm |
  52. Ed from Colorado

If they were the only 2 left on the planet!! A word of advice for Santorum–DECAF!

March 27, 2012 at 3:23 pm |
  53. Anonymous

Santorum, an extreme social conservative, would be the Palin to Romney's campaign, giving the election to Obama.

Romney should pick a moderate vice presidential candidate to pull votes from Obama and win the Presidency.

Pick another Palin, he might as well go home now.

March 27, 2012 at 3:24 pm |
  54. Maje - Nevada

Only if I were Gingriched!. A Newtered Republican convention, with no clear winner going in, resulting from the delusional speaker staying too long at the party, would be the one and only circumstance in which I would run with God-help-me Rick Santorum.

March 27, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
  55. Gary H. Boyd

NONE - NADA - NO,NO Jack. These two guys would be a polarized as Obama and Biden. But at least Biden's good for a laugh now and then.

Gary in Scottsdale, Arizona

March 27, 2012 at 3:33 pm |
  56. Dan in Albuquerque

Jack, I'm not a Republican, but if I were Romney, it would be when my dead body was lying at Santorum's feet.

March 27, 2012 at 3:37 pm |
  57. jen seattle,wa

If and only If Santorum was willing to help Romney turn against the regurgitation of the oil and gas industries threats of our 1st world so a few can get rich inflating the costs for wants of money while destroying our oceans,Whats left of them,and our water and food supply...and If he was willling to take away capital gains taxbraks for consumption malfunction m.p.g. auto imports...short of that ,Never in million years

March 27, 2012 at 3:37 pm |
  58. BILL, WI

If the first one thousand people said no.

March 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm |
  59. kattyusa

Under NO circumstances would or should Romney ask Big-Divisive Santorum to be his VP...he would only insure a loss for Republicans. No, lots of better, smarter, nicer, ethical people out there to choose from. NO, NO, NO...

March 27, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  60. curtis in philadelphia

Romney should ask Santorum to be his VP only if Sarah Palin is the last Republican politician on earth, then its a no-brainer.

March 27, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  61. Gary - Woodhaven, Michigan

When the snowball does not melt in hell.

Besides, any Romney ticket is scary.

March 27, 2012 at 3:44 pm |
  62. Dennis in Florida

NONE ! ! !

Santorum is a good speaker but that is where it stops.

He is so poorly organized he hasn’t been able to be a viable candidate in all the states that have had primaries. The USA doesn’t need an evangelical clown “serving the people.” The good folks in Pennsylvania figured that out a few years ago.

********************************************

March 27, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  63. Lee

No, it would be McCain-Palin all over again!

March 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm |
  64. Michael, from Smiths, Alabama

If I were Romney, I wouldn't even consider Rick Santorum as VP running mate. It would be like Ron Paul being Newt Gingrich's running mate....or Jeb Bush being Romney's running mate. It would more than guarantee an Obama victory in November, though it's guaranteed enough already. Besides, nobody really wants Pope Richard to be president, let alone VP.

March 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm |
  65. H.....Illinois

None. Please pick Palin.

March 27, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
  66. Mr D

If I were Rommney I would invest in non- electable derivitives in his name. Then I would add Palen's name to the ticket and sit back and wait for the profits to come in.

March 27, 2012 at 3:49 pm |
  67. Leta

No way I will ask Rick Santorum as my running mate – he will drag me down to a 100% defeat!

March 27, 2012 at 3:49 pm |
  68. Gary in San Jose, California

If I were Mitt Romney, I'd be reluctant to ask Rick Santorum to be my VP. He would have to control the needed votes in order to win the election in November and I just don't see that being the case. It is interesting to see Rick Santorum tip his hand on his true intention of getting a choice assignment out of this race.

March 27, 2012 at 3:51 pm |
  69. Audrey

The second he thinks it will win the prize. The problems start when he changes his mind.

March 27, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
  70. Jenny from Nanuet, New York

You should know that what Romney says one minute means nothing the next, so I can easily see Romney asking Santorum to be his running mate if polls showed it would help him in swing states. Romney's an Etch A Sketch and Santorum is desperate. They'd make a perfect losing ticket.

March 27, 2012 at 3:55 pm |
  71. Jim, Denver CO

Jack,
    If I were Mitt Romney I would find someone else who won't further polarize the electorate. Rick Santorum has opened his mouth and shown us what he really believes and what crazy things he would do. It will be bad enough if Romney gets elected, we don't need a double dose with Santorum in the mix as well.

March 27, 2012 at 3:55 pm |
  72. Brian

No circumstances at all. If (shudder) I was Romney and had to pick a running mate, I would look for someone completely outside of this idiotic primary process. There are plenty of good VP prospects out there who haven't spent the last 6 months attacking Romney constantly, and most of them would have a lot to gain by joining the ticket.

March 27, 2012 at 3:55 pm |
  73. Jim

Jack,

Under NO circumstances. With his Pennsylvania Senate race baggage, he'd ensure an even greater disaster than the one Romney is already facing.

Jim
    Reno, Nevada

March 27, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
  74. Gigi Oregon

If he is smart he would pick Ron Paul and tell Rick right up front. America has been in the war business too long. And our grandchildren and their parents and great-grandparent are sick of war, also... We have lived in a war like atmosphere for over three generations.

March 27, 2012 at 4:00 pm |
  75. Adam_in_Mass

This will never happen Jack. I thought that it may be a possibility until Santorum flat out said that Romney is the worst choice for President. That bridge was burned. Romney would do well by choosing some fresh blood. We've been WAY over-exposed to these candidates as it is.

March 27, 2012 at 4:01 pm |
  76. Brad in Tulsa

I think Santorum needs to step back and regroup for 2016. both parties will be searching for a candidate then and by then maybe he can have formed a coherent platform and a competent campaign staff. Hint to Santorum: you need to be on all 50 states' primary ballots if you want to have a shot at getting enough primary votesd to get the party's nomination!

March 27, 2012 at 4:03 pm |
  77. andy Lynn, MA

The only condition that should make Romney ask Santorum to be his running mate would be proof positive that Hell has frozen over.

March 27, 2012 at 4:04 pm |
  78. Marty G

doesn't matter. They'll lose.

March 27, 2012 at 4:04 pm |
  79. Andrew

All poles, all logic and all good sense point to the unelectability of someone as far right as Santorum. By bringing him on as a running mate, Romney will make some on the right excited, but he'll also lose a lot of independents. Given Romney's general positioning has been that of a more moderate Republican, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. His goal should be to make independents excited and hope that those on the far right realize he's more like them than Obama (despite Santorum's recent self-serving claims). Isn't this obvious?

March 27, 2012 at 4:05 pm |
  80. Terry in Chandler, AZ

Only after every other Republican in the country rejected my request. Not once, but twice.

March 27, 2012 at 4:05 pm |
  81. David Inwood Prince George

Absolutely none! But Nikki Haley reminds me of Sarah Palin except of course that Haley is smart, informed, reasonable, intelligent and would make a great VP.

March 27, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
  82. Ken in MD

If he wants the votes of Santorum's supporters, he should. They both scare the heck out of me.

March 27, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
  83. GaryT

This is no different than George Bush becoming Ronald Reagan's VP after a very contentious GOP race. Politicians will swallow their objections and compromise their character for the VP slot.

March 27, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
  84. Roger H

Santorum is to Romney, as Palin is to McCain.

Instant deal-breaker.

-Independent, Fairfax, VA

March 27, 2012 at 4:09 pm |
  85. Michelle Bachman

I would agree to it if he'd change his last name to Lopez. You know, shore up that Latino vote...

March 27, 2012 at 4:09 pm |
  86. richardhurtz

PLEASE! These men HATE each other. Santorum and Gingrich have cost Romney any chance to win in teh general election so why would he pick either of these right wing nuts as a running mate. I suspect Rubio will get the call as he can make a difference in the key swing state of FL.

Santorum and Gingrich will find themselves blackballed by the GOP after Romney loses in November as a direct result of their attacks on him.

March 27, 2012 at 4:09 pm |
  87. XplainPlz

Only if he agreed to ride to the Republican National Convention in dog carrier strapped to the roof of one of my wife's Cadilacs. What a ticket – the One Percent King and the neo-Torquemada

March 27, 2012 at 4:11 pm |
  88. Joyce

I don't think it will help Mit get elected. hey are two very differenrt people.

March 27, 2012 at 4:11 pm |
  89. Sandstone.

"If I ever get captured by Pirates, and have to walk the plank, I suppose!"

March 27, 2012 at 4:11 pm |
  90. Charles H in Mississippi

I hope so – the Republicans wrecked this country during the 8 years of reign. Santorum wants less Government unless it has to do with your bedroom or religious values. A Romney / Santorum ticket will be a sure loser, just like McShame and Paleface.

The current administration has done a remarkable job given the state of the Economy – and the Obama War on Terror has been real, not manufactured. We need 4 more years of Obama.

March 27, 2012 at 4:11 pm |
  91. Gerald Woods

Romney should ask someone that could bring in the South. Romney didn't fair too well in the Bible Belt. So a running mate who appeals to that area of the country would be a great plus in defeating the current president.

Gerald from Tampa, FL

March 27, 2012 at 4:12 pm |
  92. Chris Twemlow

Under what circumstances? Easy and this adage applies perfectly: Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Chris Twemlow
    Vancouver, BC
    Canada

March 27, 2012 at 4:13 pm |
  93. Dale in San Angelo

As a Democrat, just three words, please, please, please. Talk about a train wreck!!

March 27, 2012 at 4:13 pm |
  94. Cres from Florida

In many respects, for Romney to choose Santorum as a running mate would be the exact same mistake as McCain picking Palin. I can't even imagine Mitt Romney, who Santorum called the "worst Republican in the country" then
    ignoring that and picking him as his running mate.

The best (and maybe only choice) for Veep candidate may be Chris Christie.

March 27, 2012 at 4:13 pm |
  95. Yaweh

1. If hell were to freeze over.
    2. If I wanted to appear not just stupid, but mentally impaired.
    3. If I wanted to hand the presidential election to Obama, collecting only a pittiance of votes exclusively from right- wing, Christian zealot nutcases.
    4. If every other human being on the planet was already dead.
    5. If Santorum first upgraded his intellect by having a brain transplant from a chimpanzee.
    6. If I was being nominated for "laughing stock of the year" instead of "republican presidential candidate".
    7. If he actually proved to be just "kidding" about all the crap he's been saying.
    8. If this was the Vatican and I was running for "POPE".
    9. If I was blind, deaf, and dumb and needed a seeing eye dog.
    10. If political, financial, and intellectual suicide was in my immediate future plans.

March 27, 2012 at 4:13 pm |
  96. Brian Wickremasinghe - Woodland Hills

He probably could, but that would be a disaster. What can Santorum bring to the table. He has criticized Romney far too much by comparing to Obama. That combination will be welcome to the Obama supporters.

March 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
  97. Stephen

Nashville, Tennessee

I would ask Santorum as my VP only as a last resort. I know politics often makes strange bedfellows, but I am afraid this would be huge mismatch. Santorum may be popular among the Southern Tea Party folks, but I believe Romney would be much better served selecting a southern conservative, if he wants the southern vote. Like it or not, both of them are still viewed as Yankees by some folks around here–with Santorum as the lesser of two ...well, not evils, but you know what I mean.

March 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
  98. Jennifer M in Winnipeg

Romney would probably choose Shamus before he would choose Santorum. Cuz Shamus can't talk back.

March 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
  99. Eric from New York

Under what circumstances, Jack? Why none of course.

March 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
  100. sophistry

It will not be Santorum. Santorum's success seems to have more to do with him being the surviving "not Romney" candidate. Rick brings little to the table in the national. Romney needs someone who can strengthen his conservative creds and who can articulate conservative positions well and still pack a punch to the President. Only Chris Christie or Marco Rubio fit the bill. It will probably be Rubio because Romney HAS to carry FL if he has any chance to win.

March 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
  101. Anomic Office Drone

Romney picking Santorum for VP will go almost as well as when McCain picked Palin for VP.

I say go for it.

March 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
  102. Blue State Angel

As a Democrat, I wholeheartedly endorse this proposed union!!!

Romney/Santorum 2012!!!!

It's a winning combination.... in Crazyland.

March 27, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
  103. Mark

With Santorum having said we're better off with Obama than Romney, that pairing just isn't possible.

March 27, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
  104. Ed from Washington State

If I were Mitt Romney I would ask Rick Santorum to be my running mate if every other Republiccan died, or was kidnapped by extraterrestrials. Is our electorate so dumb that they would not see that move for what it was, a pathetic last ditch move to win conservative support. Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin and the rest would draw straws to see who got to shoot Romney if he won

March 27, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
  105. Robert from Toronto

Romney doesn't need and wouldn't ask Santorum. Santorum has a knack for saying stupid things and looking like an even bigger ass saying them. He has also burned any bridges with Romney irreversibly in recent days, even by political standards (remember Bush senior's "voodoo economics" sling at Reagan back in the 1980 primaries?). As to who Romney asks (yes, he will be the nominee), Rubio and Cantor are a waste of time, as is Christie, as is just about anyone on that ticket and that party. Hey, go with Palin again, and keep things fun at least. Santorum is running for 2016 at this stage- going nowhere fast.

March 27, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
  106. Richard Hanson

Romney/Santorum would be a Mormon/Catholic ticket! How could that sell in the south? Romney also can't pick a present or former senator/congressman if he's running against Washington.

March 27, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
  107. JB in TN

This is why politics disgust me. These guys sling insults at one another for months, then after the primaries, they act like best friends. I don't just mean these two. Every election this happens. So which is it? Do they really think so little of the other, or is that just an act to win the nomination? If so, why on earth would we trust the sincerity of anything else that comes out of a politician's mouth?

March 27, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
  108. Eddie

After a "bruising primary" I don't think it will happen. Romney will likely play electoral chess with a running mate and pull a Veep choice from a state such as Ohio or Florida. He is going to need lots of help because I truly think Obama will do well in states with Hispanic populations in the west ie: Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada.

March 27, 2012 at 4:17 pm |
  109. RMATTEN

Only if I wanted to trump McCain on making the dumbest choice imaginable.

March 27, 2012 at 4:18 pm |
  110. John Adams

If all the other VP options suddenly died. Maybe then, but , probably just not have a VP.

March 27, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
  111. Cary Howe

There's too much bad blood between them so picking him makes Romney look even weaker. If Santorum hadn't been so determined to damage Romney then he would have been the obvious running mate to strengthen Romney in the south. It was a mistake attacking Romney because it's unlikely it won him many states and it took away the option of of being Vice President. With the exception of Ron Paul all the Republican candidates can't seem to avoid shooting themselves in the foot.

March 27, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
  112. Jason Plugerville

I would never consider Santorum. I am a republican who does not favor Romney, but Santorum scares the hell out of me. I will not vote for any ticket with Santorum on it.

March 27, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
  113. Tony

Rick Santorum is a loose cannon, and dangerous.

If Mitt Romney selects him as his running mate you would have to wonder whether Mr. Romney has the judgment it takes to be President.

Bad idea.

March 27, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
  114. Nick San Diego

Who remembers Goldwaters running mate in 1964. It will be the same here.

March 27, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  115. thedoctor

1) If I didn't really want to win.
    2) If a massive asteroid where hurtling towards Earth and we all had 24 hours to live.
    3) If I hated gays.
    4) If I wanted America to take REAL good care of my health and let nothing happen to me.

March 27, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  116. SR

I would consider Rubio or even Huntsman.

March 27, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  117. Dan from Stewartstown PA

Maybe when and if Romney realizes that having a personality would be a good thing to have in order to get elected to the presidency. One can use a teleprompter andthe other could speak off the cuff. Oops. Wrong pair of candidates, or is it?

March 27, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  118. Mark in Topeka

I think that Obama-Clinton is going to become the Democratic ticket. What is the strongest ticket that the Republicans can put forth? Is it Romney plus someone who can energize the conservative Republicans? Is it Romney plus someone who is a respected, veteran politician who would be a good President if needed? Is it Romney plus someone who would be popular in the South or in a swing state? To energize the conservative base, I think someone new to the campaign would do a better job of inspiring a fresh look at the campaign and would be without all the baggage. With regard to experience and stepping in if needed as President, I don't think Rick Santorum would be the best person on that score, either. He is not from the South, but PA is a swing state with a relatively large number of electoral votes. Is that enough to cause Romney to choose him? I don't think so. But, stranger things have happened.

March 27, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  119. Tammy

None. People seem to forget the 2008 Democratic nomination fight between Clinton and Obama. The Romney/Santorum match-up looks the same in many ways. In 2008, media and political types thought Obama needed to pick Clinton as VP to unite the party. Obama didn't do it and the Democrats united anyway. Romney will enjoy a similar fate with Republicans as long as he chooses a conservative, bu not Santorum because he brings no state or special set of skills and he has a childlike temper and un-Presidential style. But go ahead and pick him because that will alienate women and make Obama a slam dunk!

March 27, 2012 at 4:22 pm |
  120. Mike A

Comedy Club... Let it be jack.....

March 27, 2012 at 4:22 pm |
  121. Tom - North Carolina

When I'm getting paid millions to throw the election. And trippin on acid.

March 27, 2012 at 4:23 pm |
  122. Cameron - Boston, MA

I'd just ask him, "Can ya tone it down a bit come the Convention? I got women, African-Americans, and Hollywood pretty much voting against me."

March 27, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  123. Kyle S Irvine, CA

No Jack,
    I would not pick Santorum under any circumstances. First of all, Mitt Romney does not need him to win, secondly he is a loose canyon of a politician. The VP choice should be someone outside of the GOP candidates whom has the ability of leadership in case something should happen to me.

March 27, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  124. ZoeyKay - Nashville, TN

Romney will never ask Santorum to be his running mate. He's already made it clear that he plans to change his strategy for the general election, and abandon all of his right-wing extremist talk. If Santorum were his running mate, Santorum would make sure Romney stuck to his pretend conservative convictions of the past year, and they would lose together in a landslide. But who are we kidding? Romney will lose in a landslide anyway, regardless of who his running mate is – he is his own worst enemy.

March 27, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  125. Bob, St. Thomas PA

If he wants to see another four years of "Hope and Change" and lose the election for sure. A Mitt/Paul ticket (either senior or junior) would be a lot more attractive to a larger segment of the population, IMO.

March 27, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  126. John david

Only before picking Sarah Palin....

March 27, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
  127. Mitt Romney

We have a brand new Joe Biden in the making!

March 27, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  128. Jim Charlotte NC

Romney and Santorum. Santorum no matter what is the wrong thing to do.

March 27, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  129. GreenieInPA

March 27, 2012 at 4:29 pm |
  130. Rebecca from Georgia

I think it would be complete political murder/suicide but then again it gives Obama the win which I completely endorse. Its really up to the delegates.

March 27, 2012 at 4:29 pm |
  131. Buckwheat

No way should anyone have Santorum on a ticket. Romney should choose another conservative from a geography that helps his chances.

March 27, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
  132. Sassy Shari

I would love to see a Romney/Santorum – but to get the Hispanic vote for a win, then Marco Rubio would be the best choice – unfortunately that is how they need to think now days –
    I am just hoping for that CHANGE Obama promised – and didn't deliver – the CHANGE I am now hoping for is Obama out of office.

March 27, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
  133. Bardh V. from New York

Jack, this baffles me that people would actually think that Mitt Romney would ask Rick Santorum to be his right hand man. It's utterly ludicrous, especially after all the vituperative criticism that we've endured listening to these two go at it. The Obama campaign would have a field day running ads exposing their antithetical ideaology and tempestuous relationship. There is a lot of blad blood between these two, and Romney asking Santorum to run with him in the general election is like Hu Jintao nominating the Dalai Lama to be his VP. Absolutely cockamamie Jack.

March 27, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
  134. Gay Hollingshead

Santorum is not qualified to be dog catcher but if he was we would have lots of dogs because he wouldn't let any of them be neutered!

March 27, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
  135. Thom Richer

If Romney becomes the Republican candidate in November and he chose or even asked Santorum to be his running mate, it would be the most insane political move he ever made. Even Romney should be bright enough not to do such a lame thing. It would be senseless to spend money on an election in 2012. Santorum for a running mate would be political suicide for Romney or any candidate and there would absolutely be no need for an election. Might just as well make it an uninterrupted eight year term of presidency for Obama and save mucho time and money and swear Obama in now. As it is, Romney will never be president anyway, so it really is a moot question and as ridiculous as the campaign. I doubt very much if the pope would even vote for Santorum if he had a vote.

Thom Richer
    Negaunee, Mi

March 27, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
  136. Thomas

No. Romney is not strong enough in the Northeast to beat Obama there and Santorum would not help with that region. Romney's only hope is to sweep the South, where he has no appeal. He desperately needs a Southern conservative with more than four years of government experience to offer a credible counter attack to Mr. Obama. As he will desperately need the women's vote as well, can you say Kay Bailey Hutchinson?

March 27, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
  137. Lee in Rochester, NY

Were I Romney, I would not want Mullah Santorum ornhis modern 14th century beliefs anywhere near me or my campaign.

March 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm |
  138. Jack Baton Rouge, LA

Can you just imagine the debate between Santorum and Biden. We could sit back and call it the great gaff a thon.

March 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm |
  139. Ochro

No way! I'd switch and vote against Romney if he were to choose SantoRum as his VP pick.

March 27, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
  140. Jack In Silicon Valley

It is logical, Jack... but it puts Santorum "a heartbeat away from the Presidency". As a moderate, I couldn't stand that possibility; so regardless of my current or past offiliation, I would have to go with Obama/Biden.

March 27, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
  141. 1 Click North of Ground Zero

Romney will alienate enough moderates that he and his advisers will come to believe they have to pick someone who is rock solid Christian Conservative enough to energize that part of the party. Rubio, Ryan and Christie are too moderate; Cantor and Haley have the same kind of religious question marks hanging over them that Romney does (Jewish and Sikh backgrounds). He's going pick someone straight-arrow no-question Christian Conservative like Bob McDonnell of Virginia.

March 27, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
  142. Larry Feierstein-Denver

What a field day Obama would have. Just run back all the negatives that Santorum was throwing against Mitt, and vice versa. What a bunch of fools. It just can t get much better. It can come November.

March 27, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
  143. Ellen Johnson

Romney with Santorum?? When hell freezes over and it snows in July.

March 27, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
  144. marybeth, massachusetts

In what alternative universe could Romney even possibly entertain the idea of asking Santorum to be running mate? I live in Massachusetts, and having lived through a Romney reign, I find the idea of a President Romney to be horrifying enought, but if he were to add Santorum to his ticket, that would rank up there with adding Hitler to it.

There's a saying about keeping your friends close and your enemies closer....maybe that would prompt Romney to consider Santorum. Or he might run scared that he won't carry the evangelicals, so he needs to add Santorum to guarantee that evangelicals would vote for him.

I remember the 2008 election, before the Republican convention. I wasn't thrilled with Obama, and was considering voting for McCain, but then he picked the mentally deficient and morally hypocritical Sarah Palin to be his running mate. I was convinced that McCain had forgotten to take his meds, or that he had Alzheimer's or some other disease that causes mental impairment. Sarah Palin scared me, and made my decision much easier (vote for Obama).

Same this time for lots of people–independents like me see just how radicalized and extreme the Republican party has become, and although lots of us wish that President Obama had been able to do more (thanks to the toddlers in the Republican party in Congress, throwing fits and saying no to everything), we're scared of what will happen if the religious nuts take control. We'll be lucky if they only take us back to the 13th century. Romney is scary enough without getting extra help from Santorum. Now, if he were to pick Bill Weld, who is very much a moderate New England republican, that's one thing. Maybe Weld would be able to balance out and knock some sense into Romney. But that won't happen–Romney will pick some religious nut who doesn't believe in science, who wants to give even more to the 1%, who wants to join Romney in banning birth control, abortion, eliminate public education, and who will only help in making the US the most backward country in the West. Scary, scary, scary.

March 27, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
  145. Luke

If I had lost a $10,000 bet.

March 27, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
  146. Bonnie

why not? or vice versa !!

March 27, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
  147. chip

Santorum as VP? He even makes Dan Quayle look good.

March 27, 2012 at 4:42 pm |
  148. Marie MD

Jack, you can truly be so funny. The flip flopper who can't make up his mind what he thinks dady to day and the man who hates and is hated by women, gays, blacks, Muslims, Jews, Catholics and most free thinking human beings.
    This would be an even worse pick than mccain did in 2008, regardless of what the movie Game Change portrays him to have not been aware of as far as that woman.

March 27, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
  149. Buckeye Dave

When hell freezes over would I pick Satantorum. But I would recommend Jeb Bush for VP

March 27, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
  150. Dan from New York

This is laughable. Santorum is a disaster. Romney should only pick him if he wants to hand the election to Obama. Do you remember James Stockdale, Jack? Watching Sen. Santorum every day makes me long for Stockdale again. Santorum is dangerous, and Romney if Romney does not understand that, he should not be President.

March 27, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
  151. Andrew -- Scranton, PA

They are both clowns in a circus. One does flips; the other tells jokes. They'd be a great couple for date night in November.

March 27, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
  152. Sean

I guess it would depend on the weather.... I mean if Hell is freezing over then maybe I'd consider it...

March 27, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
  153. marjee123

When President Obama won the nomination the majority of Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be the VP nominaee but it didn't happen did it. Romney's chances are very good as it it, boy with Ricky as the VP they would drop to zero. The REAL AMERICAN WOMEN of this country would never ever let a republican be president now.

March 27, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
  154. Kim , Dodge City, Ks

Maybe a 5K run. If Romney picks Santorum as a running mate, it would demonstrate, once and for all, just how ridiculous the Republican Party has become.

March 27, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
  155. Fred Allan in Cleveland, Mississippi

Jack, in my opinion, there are only two people Romney should choose as his running mate. Romney should choose either former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, or New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez. If Romney chooses Martinez or Huckabee, I believe he will have a better chance of beating Obama than he does right now.

March 27, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
  156. Kip (Portland, Oregon)

Rick Santorum is an American Taliban. There are many reasons he was voted out of office as a US Senator by his own constituents. He is a fanatical Catholic (rigidly pro-life and anti-abortion (even in cases of rape and incest), anti-birth control (even though 80 percent of American Catholics use birth control) and with an arrogant "my way or the highway" attitude about just about everything. Rick Santorum does not even trust his own kids enough to send them to public school because he is terrified they might be exposed to some thinking other than the extremist views of he and his wife. Romney is a devout Mormon and a Bishop in the LDS church, which the majority of Americans (not just nutty, southern, evanglical Christians) consider a cult. So I would say just based on each candidates personal religous beliefs it would be a political marriage that would be headed for the rocks in short order. In addition, all the hateful things Rick Santorum keeps spouting about Romney as he becomes more desperate should not be forgiven or forgotten by Romney. The truth is Romney would probably be a good President but it would be best if he partnered with someone like Senator Lindsey Graham or Senator Mario Rubio. I might well vote for that ticket. Romney has the busness skills the country badly needs to get America back on track.

March 27, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
  157. ElizabethH

Santorum said in the 6th grade that what he was going to do when he grew up was "be president." (Yes, I was in his class in Butler Catholic. He was called Rooster because he strutted around and crowed and picked fights like one.) I will give him credit for being single minded, as it seems that everything he has done since then has been toward that goal. Even saying "of course" he'd be vice president to a man who he was just saying would be a worse candidate than Obama. (Once a Rooster, always a Rooster.)

But the circumstances Romney should appoint him... none. If I were Romney, I would be literally afraid of giving Santorum the incentive of being president if I were dead.

March 27, 2012 at 4:48 pm |
  158. AgrippaMT

Never in a thousand years will Mitt Romney choose Rick Santorum as his running mate. To do so would ensure the defeat of the Republican ticket come November. Of course, that is probably inevitable anyway and will be very good for America.

March 27, 2012 at 4:48 pm |
  159. Scott in Tampa, FL

Jack, if I were Mitt Romney, I can't think of ANY circumstance under which I'd pick Rick Santorum as a running mate.

Romney is no fool. He knows perfectly well that, while Santorum may do well with the evangelical GOP base in the primaries, he would be an albatross around Mitt's neck in a general election.

March 27, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
  160. russ

an extemely frigid day you know where, he is more interested in being Pope for America than VP

March 27, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
  161. Larry in the Black Hills of SD

Although his reasons are ludicrous, Romney won't ask Santorum to be VP. The are other more valid reasons that come into play. Romney will ask Marco Rubio in a vain attempt to take Florida in the general.

March 27, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
  162. Loren

On the chance that it gets me elected, but given how likely the ticket of Romney and Santorum could beat the President, the likelihood of Santorum being asked to be Vice President is about as likely as that ticket winning the election. So, not a chance in hell.

March 27, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
  163. Jeffer65

Jeff from Wisconsin. If I were Romeny, there is no way I would pick Santorum for my VP, unless I wanted to give SNL, and the late night comedians plenty of material to work with. I would pick Ron Paul or Newt or Huntsman or Joe the Plumber over Santorum any day of the week. He is too polarizing and hateful.

March 27, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
  164. scott

I would ask him to be my runningmate when and if I realize i need a bold face liar and religious zealot for something...cant imagine what that would be for...so I probably wouldnt...and dont think he will either...but the good christians will still vote for him...even though in most christians eyes..a cotholic isnt even a christian.

March 27, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
  165. timothy

After the things Santorum said about Romney? Fuggedddaboutit! Rubio for the Hispanic vote. I called that team a year ago. Mitt learned from the disaster McCain created by naming the village idiot from Wasilla.

March 27, 2012 at 4:53 pm |
  166. Helen

If Romney wants to lose the election any more than he is going to lose, then I suggest he chooses the Christian, hypocritical Santorum.,

March 27, 2012 at 4:53 pm |
  167. QS in Seattle

"Santorum says this race is "the most important race in our country's history" and he'll do everything he can to help his country."

Pack it up Ricky, this country will be far better off without your brand of "help"!

March 27, 2012 at 4:53 pm |
  168. Kimo

He should have two VP candidates, Santorum for when then are the red states and Huntsman when they are in blue states. That would fit the Romney campaign perfectly.

March 27, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
  169. Steve Loring

Romney and Santorum? Kiss of death to beat Obama. Santorum can only dance the Vatican Rag. Coupled with the Mormon Minuet? Obama wins by a well orchestrated arpeggio!!

March 27, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
  170. Bob

There are no such circumstances. He will pick Rubio.

March 27, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
  171. Tam

NOOOOO! Romney is much smarter. He doesn't need this idiot tagging along. I'm sure if you counted up his votes, it would be very little. And since when does the country need a conservative Republican? Isn't Republican good enough?

March 27, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
  172. Bob D Morristown, NJ

I would invite Santorum to join the ticket if I absolutely thought I didn't need any of the free thinking moderates and independents, but I was in greater need of getting the far right wing religious zealots to the polls.

March 27, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
  173. Ed in Reno, NV

The only way Romney would ask Santorum to be his running mate is if Sarah Palin turned Mitt down.

March 27, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
  174. Leigh, southern New Jersey

If I were Romney, I'd ask Santorum to be my VP when HELL freezes over!

March 27, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
  175. Pete/Ark

Jack I think the idea is as digusting to Romney as it is to me....your thought has ruined my anticipation of dinner.

March 27, 2012 at 4:59 pm |
  176. rufus

We rue BO (our prez) so picking Rubio is a natural for Romney.

March 27, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
  177. Katy Heys

Why doesn't Romney ask McCain what he thinks of that idea?

Katy
    Tampa, Fla

March 27, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
  178. Sue Cauhape

I would be thrilled to vote for a Romney/Paul ticket. That's Ron Paul. Remember him? I know CNN would like to have him disappear, but it isn't going to happen.

March 27, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
  179. Glenn

The Democrat's dream team, the GOP'S NIGHTMARE,!

March 27, 2012 at 5:01 pm |
  180. al from orlando

Thats not killing two birds with one stone. Are vultures birds?

March 27, 2012 at 5:01 pm |
  181. Justin, Fort Worth, TX

Santorum should rather consider Romney as VP because, according to the latest CNN poll, "Six in ten Romney voters say they don't strongly support Romney and Santorum scores higher than Romney on likeability, honesty, compassion, values, and his stands on the issues."

March 27, 2012 at 5:01 pm |
  182. aubrey rogers salem or

If romney want's a solid, no doubt about it loss in the election.

March 27, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
  183. Paul - North Carolina

First of all, the outcome of the November election will depend on whether there are enough voters in the right states who will mindlessly vote for anyone but Obama or whether there are still enough rational voters left to vote for the best choice. It won't make any difference who the nominee or his runnung mate is. Santorum appeals only to the extreme right fringe and wouldn't be an asset to anyone in a campaign. Given the attacks you mentioned Romney has every reason not to choose Santorum as his running mate. I'm sure he'll pick a compatible plastic automatron to round out the ticket.

March 27, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
  184. TJ

Romney's position is too weak to prevail on election day without a true conservative to invigorate the southern voting block. Even with a strong conservative on the ticket, the chances are very slim for a successful bid. Is Santorum that ticket member? No. Santorum's rhetorical approach and platform vision is too narrow to be considered a strong contender for assuming the capacity required for executive office. Distancing himself from Santorum will allow Romney to isolate primary politics from the final push. A reset with a non-primary combatant is the most likely choice.

March 27, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
  185. kowalskiandassociates

Jerry, Lawrence, New York

In order to assure that the President gets re-elected.

Romney may be the real Manchurian say anything, promise anything to advance. Happily has no interest in being President of the United States. Rather, he, like Santorum wants to be the President of the fringe Tea Party and the far right wing “base.” That’s swell with me. Romney subscribes to PT Barnum’s credo that nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the average America. Santorum lacks Romney’s plasticity and would make a perfect fit.

March 27, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
  186. Larry in Houston

Answer : IF that happens – Then Obama would win, hands down. . . In My Opinion, IF I was Romney – LOL – Do You know what I'd actually DO ?? This may seem funny to you Jack – and this may be also a Fantasy – If I were Romney, I would Pick Hillary to be my running Mate – Obama would lose in a landslide – it would be like 1964 all over again – LBJ Defeating Goldwater in an Epic Landslide, Believe me. And since this is My Opinion, and If you actually don't want tp print this, it's okay with me, Jack. LOL – I'm Just telling you what I would do, If I was Romney . ( but I wouldn't "pick" her, til After I got the Nomination)

March 27, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
  187. MnTaxpayer

If were Romney, I'd ask Rick Santorum to be my running mate the day I decided I did not want to be President. I can't see how the addition of Santorum to the Romney ticket would pull a single democratic or independent voter. Romney's only chance to win in November is a running mate that would attract voters who are not already voting Repubican. I saw a previous post mention Lindsay Graham. I think that he would be a very strong choice.

March 27, 2012 at 5:06 pm |
  188. John Conservative in Sacramento CA

When hell freezes over.

March 27, 2012 at 5:06 pm |
  189. BigDave

I think it would make for a nice, balanced general election. You would have a spineless, coward whose rhetoric and history don't match at all and says whatever will get him elected with a complete idiot for a VP running mate from BOTH parties!

March 27, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
  190. Alfred the Great

Jack, it must be nice to have your job where all that's required is thinking up absolutely insane questions. Strange bedfellows, these two are so incompatible the relationship between president and vice president would necessarily revert to what it was for most of the country's history.

March 27, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
  191. al from orlando

Only if God can combine their devil may care reliigous quackery.

March 27, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
  192. Mark in Houston

Under what circumstances?

About the only workable circumstance I can think of would be if some of the far right crazed states had succeeded from the union, formed a country name "Land of the Little Brained People"....and were running ads seeking a president.

March 27, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
  193. Chris

Ugh. Under no circumstance whatsover, if Romney wants to get this moderate's vote...

March 27, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
  194. Max Brooks from Orlando Florida

If Romney and Santorum cared about the country, they would drop out and leave Ron Paul to do what needs to be done. NONE of the other candidates can beat Obama and coincidentally, Ron Paul is actually interested in fixing the country instead of just maintaining the status quo.

March 27, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
  195. manyote

Shouldn't even be deputy dog-catcher, much less VPOTUS.

March 27, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
  196. Ali Baba

We are a country of evil doers. Only Santorum, Palin, Bachman, Reed, Bauer, can deliver us from evil. End all abortions, end all birth control, end all women at work, require everyone to attend church on Sunday, mandatory prayer, end all forms of pornography(life sentence for those caught), abolish alcohol, all this would be a good start.

Santorum-Bachman 2012

March 27, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
  197. Martin Williams

I still remember in 2008 when John McCain picked Sarah Palin and I immediately told some relatives and friends in London as I was visiting that, Obama is the next president and they all say NO WAY. I don't think Mitt Romney is that stupid to have Rick Santurum as running mate. If he does, Obama wins again and teach the GOP a lession for the ages. You can't have two dumm people on the same ticket. Mitt just ask John about that strategy as he thought selecting Sarah will win him the White House, WRONG. John thought Sarah will bring in all the women voters and if Mitt thinks Rick will bring in all the evangilical votes, think again Sir.

March 27, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
  198. Sid Pierce

Only if they were the last two humans on Earth....otherwise it'll be someone else.

March 27, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
  199. Fred Solomon

Romney will take Santorum as his running mate when cows fly. Otherwise, absolute zero chance.

March 27, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
  200. ourjungle

Santorum is too much of a self-centered egotistical maniac to be anyone's VP. He comes across as a Divider,and we already have one of those in the White House.

March 27, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
  201. Husk

Alright If I am Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin won't return my voice mails about a VP slot then I have no choice but to call Santorum

March 27, 2012 at 5:12 pm |
  202. Chris Synfield

Romney is pathetic enough on his own without adding a nutcase like Santorum to the ticket.
    Un. Elect. Able.

March 27, 2012 at 5:12 pm |
  203. MARK, OKLAHOMA CITY

Romney should ask Santorum to be his running mate if Obama decides to drop Biden and choose the Pope for his running mate.

March 27, 2012 at 5:13 pm |
  204. TerryB

Only when I find the rock that killed GOLIATH!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 27, 2012 at 5:13 pm |
  205. Pat in IL

OMG.....Noooooooooo!!! Even santorum's own state wouldn't reelect him for the senate. He would be poison to Romney's camaign and an insult to the voters.

March 27, 2012 at 5:13 pm |
  206. SkyKing

Anyplace other than the Looney Bin for Santorum assures the President's re-election.

March 27, 2012 at 5:13 pm |
  207. Romney / Obama 2012

I mean this literally. I'm pretty sure at this point that Santorum has run more negative ads and done more damage to Romney's chances of becoming president than President Obama himself. Romney's positions tend to be closer to Obama's anyways. Maybe Romney would be better suited to walk past Santorum, ask Biden to kindly step aside and run with Obama.

March 27, 2012 at 5:14 pm |
  208. Pam from Texas

Are you kidding me? The evangelicals of the Santorum crowd don't believe that Mormons are Christian. If Romney did pick Santorum, it would only be to get the far right wing vote. Others have mentioned Rubio. I don't think that would fly if they vetted him even a little bit. All I know is that I cannot even wrap my mind, thoughts and prayers around Romney and whomever winning the White House. And I'm not saying this to be funny – it makes my nauseous.

March 27, 2012 at 5:14 pm |
  209. treblemaker

Perfect combination-Romney exploits the middle class financially, and Santorum exploits the middle class spiritually.

March 27, 2012 at 5:15 pm |
  210. Aezel

Well Jack, they both have a heapin' helpin' of craziness. Same brand, different flavors.

March 27, 2012 at 5:15 pm |
  211. djdickinson

When the Cubs complete an undefeated season!

March 27, 2012 at 5:15 pm |
  212. Dean - New Jersey

Under NO circumstance - Senator Santorum has proven himself to be a polarizing liability on numerous occasions. The only effective, and logical choices for VP would be Governor Bob McDonnell of Virginia or Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey.

March 27, 2012 at 5:16 pm |
  213. Dave in Cincinnati

No way! Santorum is not the answer. He needs to get Rubio or someone similar – conservative without being so arrogant about it.

March 27, 2012 at 5:17 pm |
  214. Mike in Pekin

Jack, I guess if Santorum holds a gun to Romney's head, then maybe.... On the serious side, though, Romney would be smart to avoid any of the three there already. The one you forgot in your list is Rand Paul. I believe his father is running with the very idea of trying to horse trade delegates in exchange for getting his son on the Ticket.

March 27, 2012 at 5:17 pm |
  215. martin ehrenreich

i would choose santorum as my running mate if i was held captve by the taliban and being tortured.

March 27, 2012 at 5:19 pm |
  216. scienceperson

It's McCain-Palin 2.0

A moderate dives to the right to get the nomination, then lunges for the center to be electable but picks a right wingnut as a running mate to keep up his conservative biblebeating street cred

March 27, 2012 at 5:19 pm |
  217. Sean MacNair

When push came to shove Reagan chose his top rival Bush as his running mate, and they had two terms. Romney could very well pick Santorum, if he doesn't already have a deal to choose Rand Paul. Politics is about winning, not sticking to your principles.

March 27, 2012 at 5:19 pm |
  218. Tony from CT

If Romney wants independents like me to vote for him he'll stay far away from Santorum. Remember what happened to the last Republican Presidential nominee that picked a crazy, over-the-top conservative for his VP. Let's just say, it wasn't the best choice.

BTW: I would love to see a Romney/Christie ticket.

March 27, 2012 at 5:19 pm |
  219. Rick from Ohio

When hell freezes over.

March 27, 2012 at 5:19 pm |
  220. Carol, Washington

Under what circumstances? Desperation?

March 27, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
  221. steve

I'd be more than happy to have Rick Santorum as my VP...as soon as Sarah Palin defects to Cuba.

March 27, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
  222. WRD

Hell has frozen over

March 27, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
  223. Linda in New York

That would have to be the Etch-a-Sketch to end all Etch-a-Sketches. Romney would have to have a complete lobotomy in order to forget all of the nasty crazy things that Santorum has said, both about Romney and in general. I hope that Romney would be smarter than to have Santorum as his running mate. It would be political suicide.

March 27, 2012 at 5:20 pm |
  224. John from Oregon

Santorum has positioned himself to be the 'broker' in Tampa. He will offer Romney his delegates in return for the VP spot on the ticket. Neither of these men have the intellect or temperment to be an effective leader of a Nation at a crossroads, but there are so many 'anti Obama' voters that are being riled up by their rhetoric (no facts, just hateful sound bites) that even these lightweights will give President Obama a close race. The right wing makes me realize that we are a very disapointing species.....

March 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  225. Derrick W in Los Angeles

Romney do it when running mate means they'll both go take a long run off a short pier.

March 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  226. GretelB

I think if Santorum would be asked to fill the VP slot if Sarah Palin or the father from 20 kids and counting weren't available. There is something a little frightening about Santorum.

March 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  227. heyguru1969

Moments after Hell hath frozen over.

March 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  228. Jane

When hell freezes over?
    Mountaintop, PA

March 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  229. Fred

When he sees some pigs flying.

Fred
    Surfside Beach, SC

March 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  230. Barb Clements

When Hell freezes over!?!?!

March 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  231. Mark in Las Vegas

I would not select Rick Santorum under any circumstances. The voters of Pennsylvania fired Mr. Santorum when he wanted to be re-elected to the Senate. They fired him for good reason. Stealing from the taxpayers of their state.

March 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm |
  232. Shawn

Only if that Mayan thing in December is a sure bet.

March 27, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  233. Eddie

The chance of Romney picking Santorum as his running mate is the same as the chance of the Earth ending in 2012.

March 27, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  234. Carolyn

When donkeys fly - oops, I mean when elephants fly.

March 27, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  235. Gerald

I think Romney should ask Santorum to be his running mate, because Santorum seems to be getting the Evangelical Voters in which Romney is losing.

March 27, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  236. Nancy

It would have to be a cold day in hell! But if he did take Santorum as a running mate I'd be happy because it would help re-elect Presdient Obama.

March 27, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  237. Gordon Phillipson

Conditions under which Romney would choose Santorum as VP running mate: An abrupt onset of Global Cooling, so as to drastically affect the temperatures in Hell.

March 27, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  238. Jerry Jacksonville, Fl.

He would be in line behind Palin, Santorum is just a male Sarah Palin, I just haven't figured out which one has the higher IQ.

March 27, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  239. wayne bauer

Romney is so dislike d by the right wing, he could bring Santorom on board as DP to appeal to the far right crazies.

March 27, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  240. Bill from MN

Romney would only need Santorum if he were for whatever reason he was concerned about his conservative street cred, specifically in the South. Let's face facts though, those states aren't going blue anyway. Romney's bigger concern has to be independents after this horrendous primary season and he will need to find someone who brings his ticket closer to the middle. That isn't to say Romney isn't really closer to the middle himself, he just hasn't portrayed himself in that light for most of the primary season.

March 27, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  241. Dan Bitner

Santorum would have to use the flux capacitor in the DeLorean to go back in time and be useful in this presidential campaign as Romney's assistant.

March 27, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
  242. Stephen from Pa

None. He wouldn't help me win if I were romney. He's proven that his erratic behaviour towards reporters and his radical views dont win votes. He's the FORMER U.S. Senator from PA for a reason

March 27, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
  243. Jon

If I was Mitt Romney (thank heavens I'm not), the only way I would have Santorum on my ticket was if he threatened me with damaging information that would send me to jail.

March 27, 2012 at 5:24 pm |
  244. Chuck

Only if the only other alternative was Anne Coulter.

Chuck
    Atlanta

March 27, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
  245. Mike from Florida

That's all Mitt Romney needs – to have the kind of vitriolic, baseless insanity that has this country in such trouble on his ticket. As a Romney fan, I'm fairly sure his measured centrism will fuel a response that tells Santorum to kindly bark up some other tree. Preferably one far, far away from the public eye.

March 27, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
  246. Diane

Um...possibly on my death-bed...

if I was told that was the only way to save me from heading downward instead of upward!

March 27, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
  247. lisa, N.J.

Rick Santorum would be the worst possible running mate for Mitt Romney. Actually Rick is delusional if he thinks Romney would pick him. Oh wait I think Rick Santorum is delusional.

March 27, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
  248. Lionel Martinez

If I were Mitt Romney the mere fact that hell just froze over would not convince me to choose Santorum as VP. But the repealing of the laws of gravity... well that's another matter.

March 27, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
  249. James PDX

The only worse possible outcome than this is Santorum as POTUS with Gingrich as VP.

March 27, 2012 at 5:26 pm |
  250. Ed Truncale / Erial, NJ

Jack,

I live in the Philadelphia area and have been reading Rick Santorum's ultra conservative right wing ranting for the last 10 years or so. I believe water-boarding has been outlawed so that's out. The only way I would ask Santorum to be V.P. is if I were leaving the country with all my freinds and family. No, make that the planet. My goodness, think of it... Little Ricky with his finger on the button. I couldn't amagine.

March 27, 2012 at 5:26 pm |
  251. Kevin Downey

Mitt should offer to take him on vacation with his family, in the station wagon out to Michigan. Yeah, if he can't fit in back with all the boys, well, there's the roof...

March 27, 2012 at 5:26 pm |
  252. Tony in Mo.

I will vote for Romney, but sure would have major concerns with Rick on the ticket. Sorry...but I can name ten better options than Santorum.

March 27, 2012 at 5:27 pm |
  253. Brad, Portland, OR

None.

Just... none.

I care too much about our country to want to see that happen.

March 27, 2012 at 5:27 pm |
  254. Bobbi Needham

If I were Mitt Romney, I'd agree to have Rick Santorum as my VP the day he can go back in time and get that poor dog off the roof of my car!

March 27, 2012 at 5:27 pm |
  255. Bill Dawson

Gov. Romney should not select Sen. Santorum as his running mate if he wants to win the general election. Romney is already to the right of President Obama and would be the presumptive choice of the religious right without Santorum's help. Romney needs a running mate who will help him draw votes from moderates, progressives, and minorities disenchanted by the Obama administration's inability to make Washington work. By selecting a running mate who appeals to such voters, Romney can shift the tenor of the general election from conservatives and the religious right versus moderates and progressives to one in which the two tickets vie for the moderate middle ground.

March 27, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
  256. Phyllis Royster, Greensboro, NC

Jack when hell freezes over! Need I say more!

March 27, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
  257. Julie from Fairfield, CA

Romney will ask another Mormon to run with him. Bob McDonnell or maybe Jon Huntsman. Rick Santorum and Romney equals oil and water. They just will never mix.

March 27, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
  258. aurora59

If I were Mitt Romney, the only way I'd pick Santorum as my running mate, is if I was absolutely certain about the doomsday prediction of the Mayan Calendar. I mean, no harm done, if the world really IS going to end on December 21st, 2012.

March 27, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
  259. Army Veteran

New Jersey~ There's only one man Romney must ask to be Vice President and that man is Dr. Ron Paul. You can not deminish his grassroots organization and his consistency both of which Romney lacks. Despite all of President Obama's question marks the Democrats at least offered the public something that appeared fresh in 2007. The GOP voters are tired of the same old guard. It's not about abandoning evangelicals but about embracing libertarians. It's there where you will find the bridge to win or lose this election.

March 27, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
  260. Stephen from Pa

Never he won't benefit the ticket at all. Santorum's radical views and his eratic behaviour have proven that it doesn't get votes, he's the FORMER U.S. Senator from PA for a reason. If he's on the ticket Obama will win by a landslide that we haven't seen since Reagan.

March 27, 2012 at 5:31 pm |
  261. Claudia, Houston, Tx

If Santorum were a threat to Romney in any way I'd say pick him for VP otherwise lose him.

March 27, 2012 at 5:32 pm |
  262. yuri Pelham

Total insanity equal to McCain picking Palin. Recipe for a loss

March 27, 2012 at 5:32 pm |
  263. Stan Padgett

If Condoleeza Rice says no, then he might think about it.

March 27, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
  264. Renee C

Sarah Palin flipflopping to a Democrat and as Obama's VP...now THATS a Game Change!!

March 27, 2012 at 5:34 pm |
  265. Mercedes, TN

The only way Romney would ask Santorum to be his running mate is if he loses his mind and wants to make a bigger embarrassment than McCain when he picked Sarah Palin.

March 27, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
  266. jean2009

Why not? It is a losing team anyone they pick.

March 27, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
  267. Cavan

Under no circumstances. Romney would be better off keeping Obama for Vice President.

March 27, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
  268. GL

I really believe he will name Chris Christie as his running mate.

March 27, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
  269. dollface

We should not dignify the insanity of the Tea Party with a Santorum VP nod.

March 27, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
  270. aurora59

If I were Mitt Romney, the only way I'd invite Santorum to be my running mate, is if I was certain the Mayan calendar predictions were correct. I mean, no harm done, if the world really IS coming to an end on December 12 of this year.

March 27, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
  271. Alina1

Do you want to bet with me for $10.000 that Jeb Bush is going to be the VP? I am going to win here. He is Florida's darling, and Romney needs Florida, if Romney wins the Presidency, Jeb will be running for President in 2016.

March 27, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
  272. Tina from WI

Sure, except neither one should even try to speak publicly as they tend to eat their feet regularly. Romney would tick off the extreme conservatives and Santorum would tick off the rest. Sounds like a fantastic formula for an Obama win in November.

March 27, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
  273. Robert Massa

If Romney wants to loose by a landslide...

March 27, 2012 at 5:39 pm |
  274. Sandra

That would be amusing! Scary, but still funny.

March 27, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
  275. Gregory Hodges

I n a sane world it would never happen. But in the "Alice in Wonderland" world of U.S. politics nothing is impossible. One can only imagine the geniuses in the G.O.P. pushing Romney to have put one of these reactionary right-wing zealots on the ticket just to shore up his "conservative credentials" gap for the TEA PARTY crowd that now controls a party that is getting more extreme by the day. Eisenhowser would cringe if he were to see what the G.O.P. is all about today. Indeed he would probably become a Democrat just to stop the madness!

March 27, 2012 at 5:40 pm |
  276. Eardley Ham Woodbury, MN

If I were Romney and I was presented with two options, one being the selection of Rick Santorum for my running mate and the other being put through a wood chipper feet first, I would take off my Gucci's'.

March 27, 2012 at 5:42 pm |
  277. Bill S an American voter in Canada

I pay US taxes and I vote in US elections. Ayatollah Santorum has proven himself incompetent, ill advised, and bigoted again and again. He is blinded by his personal beliefs. The potential of him being one heart beat from the Presidency is a truly frightening scenario.

March 27, 2012 at 5:42 pm |
  278. Hawkeye

The GOP would be better off with Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels on the ticket....

March 27, 2012 at 5:43 pm |
  279. morsekeely

Noooo! That is the wrong choice and would turn off voters.

Rubio would be more inclusive to other voters.

March 27, 2012 at 5:43 pm |
  280. Green Eyeshades

Conceivably, Santorum could cross over and be Romney's VP, if only he could find a bridge on which to cross that he hasn't burned.

March 27, 2012 at 5:44 pm |
  281. Muktar

it doesnt sound bad. Santorum will do anything to revive his political career that was dead 2006. it also seems he is in for 2016 if this one does not work

March 27, 2012 at 5:46 pm |
  282. Alan Lynes

none whatsoever

March 27, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
  283. Rodger Crowe

No way for Santorum on any Republican ticket. Please just let this Neanderthal retire to wherever he is from...PA or VA or WV.

March 27, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
  284. Henri D Kahn

Santorum and Romney would never agree on any matter of importance for the USA.
    Newt Gingrich should be named Secretary of State, because he is the only person smart enough, mean enough and
    and historically qualified enough to cross swords and defeat any of our enemies in a negotiation or debate!
    Henri D. Kahn, Laredo, Texas.

March 27, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
  285. Sarah in Phoenix

When hell freezes over, and he moves to the corner of Lollypop Lane and Sugar Plum Avenue. Oh nevermind, they both already live there.

March 27, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
  286. Burbank from CA

Meg Whitman would be a better choice. Actually she would make a great president herself.

March 27, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
  287. BJ

There would be no circumstances. Santorum disagrees with Romney in too many aspects, which would make it difficult for him to have to bow down to Romeny's lead. It's almost the same cituation as President Obama and Secretary Clinton, the only difference is they agreed on almost everything, although the campaign was too nasty for them to actually be able to work together. Similarly, the two make such a powerful duo, they had to work together on some level. Santorum may have a spot on the cabinet.

March 27, 2012 at 5:48 pm |
  288. elizabeth

If I was Romney , I would choose Santorum when the fire in hell freezes.....

March 27, 2012 at 5:50 pm |
  289. Mohammad, Los Angeles, CA

Jack, the only person who likes the idea is Sarah Palin, who would love it if she were no longer be the worst-VP choice in the history of American politics.

March 27, 2012 at 5:50 pm |
  290. EJ in Metro Houston

if Mitt Romney REALLY doesn't want to be POTUS then I think it's a great idea to ask Santorum to be his running mate. That will practically assure him NOT getting the women vote along with the Latino and African-American vote he will not get and the GLBT vote? FORGET IT. But the far right evangelical vote and those in the area of being low educated and focus the 3 G's GUNS, GOD and GAYS he will do very well with. But that is not enough to win in November, Jack.

March 27, 2012 at 5:50 pm |
  291. John

As an independent, I would never vote for a ticket with Santorum. Too misogynistic, and angry to boot. That anger from the far right is palpable. Not just at Obama, but the change that any progress must have. Romney is too stiff and awkward to be President. Obama needs to move to the center, away from the left, if he wants me to vote FOR him. But, I'll never vote FOR Romney. Against him, maybe...

John, Palm Coast, FL

March 27, 2012 at 5:50 pm |
  292. Ron in Indiana

If I were Romney, I'd vote for Ron Paul.

March 27, 2012 at 5:51 pm |
  293. DJ Drood, Canada

I think you could have the best of both worlds with a Romney/Santorum team...Obamacare AND a full size replica of Noah's Ark in Missouri.

March 27, 2012 at 5:51 pm |
  294. cowshed

When you-know-where freezes over! Keep an eye on those weather forecasts.

March 27, 2012 at 5:52 pm |
  295. Bill from Paris

Maybe Governor Romney could make history and choose co-Vice Presidents...if he chose Curley, then you would have The 3 Stooges.

March 27, 2012 at 5:53 pm |
  296. JS in Oregon

Romney will pick who ever the Bushes tell him to pick- Jeb may want it himself or their puppet Rubio- If Whitman had been elected she would be the pick for sure- that was what that run for Gov. was all about-

March 27, 2012 at 5:54 pm |