Would you vote for Joe Biden in 2016?
March 22nd, 2012

Would you vote for Joe Biden in 2016?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

It's never too early to start looking ahead to the next election.

President Joe Biden.

You may or may not think it has a ring to it.

But that may be just what the vice president has on his mind for 2016.

According to Politico, the often-unpredictable and entertaining Mr. Biden, who's already been down this road twice before, is quietly assembling a team of advisers which includes a top Clinton-era operative.

So one might wonder if Biden thinks the third time might be a charm.

Close friends say right now he's focused on helping President Obama win a second term.

He's already popping up on the campaign trail-and depending on what's on his mind, he can arguably be the most interesting one out there.

After that though, friends think - and think he thinks - a potential White House run could be on the table.

Not everyone says that's such a great idea.

After all, he'll be 73 and has been known to put his foot in his mouth on occasion - sometimes on no occasion.

Of course there is also Hillary Clinton - who is a much bigger star in the Democratic party. She ran in 2008 and came very close to beating Obama for the nomination.

There was even talk she was going to replace Biden on the ticket as President Obama's running mate this go-round.

There are also some younger up-and-comers who could potentially breathe new life into the party and may want to give it a go.

Politico suggests New York Governor Andrew Cuomo or Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley, to name a couple.

Never mind all that. I hope Biden jumps in. It would be the most refreshing thing to happen to presidential politics since, well, Obama ran.

Here’s my question to you: Would you vote for Joe Biden in 2016?

Tune in to the Situation Room at 4pm to see if Jack reads your answer on air.

And, we love to know where you’re writing from, so please include your city and state with your comment.

1. Russ in PA

Good Lord, no! Why would I vote for another Democratic busy-body and big-government spender? In fact, why would I vote for anyone that doesn't fit the Ron Paul mold? Answer: I won't...

Ron Paul in 2012...

March 22, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
  2. Bizz, Quarryville Pennsylvania

Jack, are you running out of questions? I think you been hanging around Wolf too much. We're still watching this clown race in the Republican Party and you are talking about 2016. Whether I would vote for Joe Biden would have to depend on who he was running against. If it was one of these extreme right characters who were stuck on social issues and taking care of the wealthy that my answer would be yes, I would vote for Joe Biden.

March 22, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
  3. Ken in Seattle

Only if Hillary doesn't run. He is an outstanding vice president but he didn't garner a huge amount of enthusiasm during the primaries in 2008. I'd be worried about his ability to effectively compete against what is likely to be a very strong Republican field in 2016. He is a great guy, but not all great politicians are capable of energizing their party, not to mention the all important independents. I just don't think he could win.

March 22, 2012 at 1:50 pm |
  4. James

As A democrat I would have to say I would if he were my only option. However, I would be relieved if he would step down in favor of an Obama-Clinton ticket as that Is what I wanted in the first place. Frankly Im tired of his gaffs.

March 22, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
  5. Cheryl Ann

Yes, he has done a great job in the background with foreign issues and secret attacks. People can be poor quick speakers and great at actual work.

March 22, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
  6. JD in NH

Jack . . . for the love of God . . . the 2012 election season has barely begun. Stop with 2016 already!

March 22, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
  7. tom Bulger, Canandaigua, NY

He's a good man, Jack, but what about a woman? Specifically Michelle Obama, but there is also Nancy Pelosi. Whereas the majority of Americans are female, it's fair to let them drive for a while. Before the world is there anyone in the nation we would be prouder to have represent us than Michelle Obama? I think not. We've been firing on only half our cylinders. Once we kick in all eight America is going to really roll.

March 22, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
  8. Gerry

Not in your wildest dreams!

Gerry
    Ash Fork, Az

March 22, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
  9. Bill in Colorado

If he were running against one of the current Republican field - Larry, Moe, Curly and Ron Paul - absolutely. But first , of course, I would want to see him properly vetted: I would need to see his birth certificate, hear him swear on the Bible a bazillion times that he is not a Mulism, and have him pinkie-swear not to hate America. And he would have to promise to never, ever, ever mention Ronald Reagan in his campaign speeches.

March 22, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
  10. Kevin SD CA

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 22, 2012 at 1:56 pm |
  11. ken, atlantic city, nj

hell no

March 22, 2012 at 1:58 pm |
  12. Ed Crocheron- Venice, FL

Maybe, but I'd rather vote for Hilary Clinton!

March 22, 2012 at 1:58 pm |
  13. Ed from Harrisburg

I wanted to vote for Joe Biden in 2008 and voted for Barak Obama because he was on the ticket. Say what you will about any other candidate either running for President or contemplated in 2008, 2012 or 2016, Biden, for all his gafs, is a rock solid, hard working American patriot and example of old school politics with integrity. He is principled and what you see is what you get. On issues that are important to the average American, he is the best to articulate them and most skilled at working them through the governance structures. Biden...whenever he wants!!!

March 22, 2012 at 1:59 pm |
  14. Doug Ericson

No, but he does seem like a jolly good fellow, always smiling, always mellow. He wouldn't be any different than the last 10 Puppets we have elected President. Big special interest groups 10, the people 0. I don't know if he can sing, but he would be funny in a Leslie Nielsen kind of way. I suspect the Democrats will forfeit the Presidential election in 2016 in the same way the republicans are forfeiting 2012, just run a group of nobodies. The Democrats likely to run in 2016 might be, Dennis Kucinivitch, Hillary Mrs. Mortgage Meltdown Clinton, Debbie Wasserman, Rachel Maddow, Joe Scarborough, Al Sharpton, Mr.Ed, etc., the possibilities are endless. Doug, Pepperell, MA.

March 22, 2012 at 1:59 pm |
  15. Kenneth in California

I don't know Jack. We have too many candidates with foot in mouth disease of late. Joe shows signs of it at times.

March 22, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
  16. Duane North Dakota

Not a chance.

March 22, 2012 at 2:02 pm |
  17. Ed from California

Heck ya!! Joe would be great, along with Gavin Newsom as his running mate. Newsom is the Lt. gov of CA.

March 22, 2012 at 2:05 pm |
  18. DT - Saint Paul, MN

I want someone like Obama but also who isn't afraid of a little short-term heartache to do the right thing. We need someone who bulldozes, not play chicken and always give in. Maybe the next president should also be middle class... Anyone ever think of that?

March 22, 2012 at 2:18 pm |
  19. Paul - Sheridan, Oregon

Joe Biden is to President Obama what Ed McMahon was to Johnny Carson–the best darn second-banana in the business. A willing spirit, a supportive shoulder, a comic reliever. I'd have a beer with Joe, I'd shoot a round of golf with Joe, I'd trust my life to Joe, but not in one million years would I vote Joe president.

March 22, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
  20. Joseph Dragna

Government tells us to play by the rules as a citizen of this Great Country.
    Pledge to support the Flag and the Constitution.
    “Gotha Do’s”
    Report all earnings accuracy!
    Report pay taxes on time.
    Be Honest and Respect all others no matter what race or nationality.
    The Same” Gotha Do’s” should apply to our Government especially the Being Honest for they swore to support the Constitution which many are finding it easy to forget once they took office!

March 22, 2012 at 2:29 pm |
  21. Larry from Georgetown, Tx

Hi Jack, that would depend on who was running for the GOP. For example, if Sarah Palin got the nomination, I'd vote for good ole Joe in an instant. I'm an independent and was brought up in the same era as you were and we were taught to vote for the person best qualified to do the job and what's best for the country. Maybe our Congress should adopt the same philosophy.

March 22, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
  22. Michael Bindner, Alexandria VA

Only if I was on his electoral staff.

March 22, 2012 at 2:31 pm |
  23. Steve, Clifton, Virginia

I would vote for Joe Biden in 2012 if he were running against any one of the individuals in the current field of GOP candidates.

March 22, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
  24. Steve, Clifton, Virginia

I would vote for Joe Biden in 2012 , 2016, or 2020 if his competition were any one of the individuals in the current field of GOP candidates.

March 22, 2012 at 2:34 pm |
  25. Bill of New Mexico

Initially, Biden's "foot in mouth" turned me off.

But, while Biden attempted to stop Obama from his troop surge in Afghanistan in 2009; I warmed to Biden.

I could vote for Biden in 2012, but if Obama wins in 2012–I will be voting Republican in 2016.

March 22, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
  26. Peg in NY

Only if he was the only choice.

March 22, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
  27. calaurore9

Wow. Are we already so done with this year's election, that we're speculating on an even more boring race in 2016? Who would run against him, Bob Dole?

Carol in NoHo, Ma

March 22, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
  28. Kim , Dodge City, Ks

Well, he will have had 8 years experience as VP, and if it will keep Republicans out of the White House I'm good with it. We just can't risk another disaster like the Bush created.

March 22, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
  29. mike lubbock, texas

Would I vote for Biden? Let's see, told the Irish PM "God rest her soul" when referring to his very much alive mother, told a wheelchair bound senator to 'stand up!", said JOBS was a 3 letter word, said FDR was the president in 1929 and appeared on TV that same year, factually admitted Hillary Clinton was a better pick for the VP. I would vote Joe Biden political cartoonist/satirist Man of the Century. He would win by a landslide. Thanks Jack.

March 22, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
  30. MARK, OKLAHOMA CITY

I think Joe Biden would do well in many jobs in public service, but being President just ain't one of them. Sorry, Joe.

March 22, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
  31. Brad, Portland, OR

It depends on who's running against him.

One of the clowns running for the Republican nomination now?

Hell yes!

March 22, 2012 at 2:42 pm |
  32. Mark, Nashua NH

Yes, no matter what the GOP rabble says he has shown a career-long proclivity for working across the aisle and compromising on a wide range of issues. Besides, with reducing wasteful government spending a major priority widening all the doorframes in the White House for Chris Christie would be an undue burden on the American taxpayer.

March 22, 2012 at 2:42 pm |
  33. Richard Page Rapid City, SD

you bet i would. so long as he keeps the policys and agenda of the current administration which i believe to be a positive direction.

if al gore had been selected after clinton, we would have over 2 trillion dollars in our coffers right now.

March 22, 2012 at 2:42 pm |
  34. Mark from New Jersey

Much more likely I'd vote for Joe than any of the bought and paid tools of big corporations, congenital liars,Taliban Christians or for any of the other assorted nutcases from the Republican clown car.

March 22, 2012 at 2:43 pm |
  35. David Gerstenfeld

If HE was the best the democrats could muster up, probably. Living in Las Vegas, I'd love to bet my social security check againist Joe being the nominee.
    David, Las Vegas

March 22, 2012 at 2:52 pm |
  36. Pete in Georgia

It took a while to stop laughing, then dry my eyes, after reading this hysterical question.
    The answer is Yes !!
    For Dog Catcher in some remote county in North Dakota.

Sorry. My apologies to all those out there in the Dakotas, home to some of the best people anywhere.

March 22, 2012 at 2:52 pm |
  37. Dave R

It depends on who is running against him. I would be more likely to vote for Hillary if she chooses to run.

March 22, 2012 at 2:54 pm |
  38. wayne, va beach, va

Jack, where did you come up with this question? I'd vote for Odama for a third term before I'd vote for Biden a first term.
    And no, I didn't vote for Obama for his first term. OBL was correct on that call.

March 22, 2012 at 2:54 pm |
  39. pat in michigan

sorry Joe but NO .He is a good guy but his mouth is sometimes light years ahead of his brain.

March 22, 2012 at 3:01 pm |
  40. curtis in philadelphia

I doubt Joe will run or that anyone would want him to; 2016 is Hilary's year if she wants it and that's a big "if".

March 22, 2012 at 3:01 pm |
  41. Jennifer

If he continues to succeed with Obama, absolutely!!

March 22, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
  42. Julia,North Carolina

No. I wish he would switch places with Hillary NOW and she would be the President in 2016.

March 22, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
  43. Jenna Roseville CA

Would you vote for Joe Biden in 2016?

I don't think he is planning on a run for president.

I like the guy far more than I liked GW to have a beer with. He connects with more people than GW.

If he runs and wins the Democratic party's nomination then YES I would vote for him.

Jenna
    Roseville CA

March 22, 2012 at 3:04 pm |
  44. Richard C.

Jack, I would vote for Moe, Larry, or Curly before I would vote for "Joe Booboo'. In a city of incompetents, Joe lowers the bar to where an ant couldn't pass under. How about Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi? The list of Democrat dum-dums goes on and on.
    Malvern, PA.

March 22, 2012 at 3:05 pm |
  45. John from Alabama

Jack: Yes, I would vote for Vice President Joe Biden in 2016 for President of the United States. I do not believe he will run, but yes I would vote for him. Joe Biden is the working man's friend, and his knowledge of foreign policy is very good. I believe with all my heart and soul, if Hillary Clinton is in good health, she will run for President of the United States in 2016. Both of whom I could and would vote for in 2016. I will vote for President Obama in 2012.

March 22, 2012 at 3:06 pm |
  46. Jim, Denver CO

Jack,
    Sure. I'm confident he will be better than any wingnut VP nominee the GOP will put forth.

March 22, 2012 at 3:08 pm |
  47. Michael "C" Lorton, Virginia

Jack: You know what--if I'm still vertical, breathing and above the dasies-–I WOULD!

March 22, 2012 at 3:11 pm |
  48. moe thompson Texas

Maybe– I see the Three Stooges ane making a come back so it might fit right in !

March 22, 2012 at 3:13 pm |
  49. Greg Turman

Jack;

I would not vote for Biden in 2016. However, I would vote for Hillary in 2012 if she were on the dem ticket for president. Otherwise, I will vote for any one that opposes our current president.
    Gregory Turman
    Noonday,Texas

March 22, 2012 at 3:14 pm |
  50. Terry in Virginia

Let's just get past the 2012 election first. It's bad enough that the day after an election is the start of the next campaign cycle. These neverending campaigns are both ridiculous and tiresome.

March 22, 2012 at 3:17 pm |
  51. Larry Feierstein-Denver

This is what really galls me about the media. YOU are up to 2016? Can we get through 2012? Can we ask those questions that are REALLY important today? Economy, wars, unemployment, womens issues? No, guess you have to talk about Joe Biden. Did you hear about the tradgic shooting in FL? Any questions there?

March 22, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
  52. Mitoosense

Everbody likes Joe.. We just don't know why.....

March 22, 2012 at 3:20 pm |
  53. chris

nope what you think i am a idot only an idot would elect him

March 22, 2012 at 3:21 pm |
  54. Gary in San Jose, California

I probably wouldn't vote for Joe Biden because I assume there will be better options. If it's a choice between Joe Biden and someone like Sarah Palin then I'd reconsider my position. Either way I also hope he's in the race because you know it would be entertaining.

March 22, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
  55. Pete in Florida

It depends. If his opponent is Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, Perry, Bachmann, Cain, or.....who's that other guy...oh yeah, Paul, then heck yeah I'll vote for Biden. But if the Republicans run a REAL candidate in 2016, who knows, maybe not.

March 22, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
  56. Annie, Atlanta

Sure. Until they curtail their hate of women and the war waged on us, and come up with different ideas other than the sorry deregulation, tax breaks for the rich, and cutting of benefits to those who can least afford it, I won't be voting Republican ever again. We tried it their way and suffered terribly for it, and still are.

March 22, 2012 at 3:31 pm |
  57. Mark G.

Who?

March 22, 2012 at 3:33 pm |
  58. bonnie from NJ

Although he is a bit goofy, I would vote for him if the other choices were the same as other choices from 2012.

March 22, 2012 at 3:33 pm |
  59. Paul - North Carolina

Jack, Joe Biden is one of the few politicians I would vote for anytime, anywhere and for any office. The man is one of the most honest, sincere and forthright people to ever succeed in the dirty business of politics. Sure he puts his foot in his mouth sometimes but that's because he says what he thinks and not what everyone wants to hear. Compare Joe to his polar oppsite, Mitt Romney and you'll quickly see my point. Joe Biden; what you see is what you get. I love it.

March 22, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
  60. Josh from New Orleans

I would vote for Biden and any other person who is not a conservative or a republican. The whole notion that Biden is a gaffe machine is over-blown. Like we voters have never made a gaffe in our lives. He says means and means what he says. He is a normal human being and not like a bland political robot like most nominees.

March 22, 2012 at 3:36 pm |
  61. Dan in Albuquerque

Jack, the Republicans try to make a joke out of Biden's occasional gaffes, but he is an astute and experienced politician whose adherence to the things that are right for America is unshakable. If one takes the time to listen to his speeches, you cannot help but be impressed. If nominated, he would get my vote. But, there are other potential candidates, including Hilary.

March 22, 2012 at 3:39 pm |
  62. Chris from Florida

Joe Biden is pragmatic, smart, and has very solid foreign policy credentials. If it were he versus Romney, I'd vote for Biden. Its time Obama looked at the landscape and draft Hilary for 2012 and then Biden can exit to run in 2016. Meantime we will have been in and out of a war with Iran, the country will be flat broke, the debt will have risen to cause hyper-inflation, unemployment may have caused a degree of poverty unheard-of, and Obama will have been re-elected because of the blundering and stupidity of the Republicans, and Newt will have written his book and made a few more million, laughing at the damage he caused in 2012.

March 22, 2012 at 3:41 pm |
  63. jon

hahahahahahahahaha...your're kidding, right?

you mean joe the plagiarizer?

no thx. its enough that we have the communist organizer...ooops, I mean, the community organizer.

March 22, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  64. Miguel Morris

From Austin, Texas. Absolutely not. He is not polished enough.

March 22, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  65. Gigi Oregon

If he was running for "The Party of the people" the Democratic party. The Party of Capitalism and the Elite has no place in a free America. It brings control of the people and radical religion. Beginning at the town square to the bedroom.

March 22, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  66. Steve Kaufman

Yes. He represents the working and middle class better than anyone else. He seems to be on of the few honest and sincere politicians.

March 22, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  67. Jeff In Minnesota

I'm having enough trouble with the 2012 election. Don't get me started on 2016.

March 22, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  68. Mark in BC NV

This guy makes Obama, your Messiah, look like a genius. Why do you think he was selected for VP? Hey Joe, have you plagerized any thing lately?
    Mark in BC NV

March 22, 2012 at 3:46 pm |
  69. Dr. Dennis Atkins

Not a chance in haties would I vote for Joe Biden........

March 22, 2012 at 3:46 pm |
  70. Janak, Richmond Hill, Ont.

I'm a Canadian can't vote, but would definately vote for him in 2016, if Hillary ran though she may get my vote...

March 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
  71. Mark

It would make for rich fare for late night comedians, if they weren't Democrats.

March 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
  72. Din Din

Biden is a CLOWN!

March 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
  73. jk in MN

I could but it will depend on a number of factors, Jack. Health, his choice of a VP selection and what the other candidates look like (hopefully not another clown car like we're seeing now) and how aggressive is the GOP trying to stomp on human rights.

March 22, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
  74. Halucination

Biden...he sticks his foot in his mouth too often. Elizabeth Warren would make a good candidate.

March 22, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
  75. Michael Chapel Hill

No Joe no.

March 22, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
  76. jeff

I've always voted for Dems but would most likely not vote for Biden!

March 22, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
  77. Lou Berman (Annapolis, MD)

Aw, come on, Jack. When the American voters realize that they need to vote for more than just a nice smile or a guy they want to have a beer with, then maybe we'll get someone in office that knows how to be a president. We need someone who can fix this broken political system. We need someone who can re-establish ourselves as the world leader with respect to the economy, world peace, and . . . .well, a little foreign respect would be nice also. Americans need to have something to be proud of. We don't need a good personality - we need a good person!

March 22, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
  78. Frank from Connellsville, PA

Jack, way to provide a jolt that caffine never could, just the thought of it had my heart beating like drinking a dozen expressos made with Red Bull. Of course Joe's foot in mouth would make everyone forget making fun of Gerald Ford.

March 22, 2012 at 3:49 pm |
  79. Peggy Campion

Are you kidding? He isn't even qualified to be Vice President. Osama BinLaden knew that and was targeting Obama so Biden would ascend to the presidency figuring that would be the end of the USA as we know it.

March 22, 2012 at 3:49 pm |
  80. Greg Kells Cleveland OH

I didn't vote for Obama in 2008 and don't plan to in 2012, because I fundamentally disagree with his ideology. I find him eloquent, intelligent, charismatic and a capable leader, just not at all in line with my ideals. Biden, on the other hand, is NONE of those things. Voting for Biden, for me, would be like a progressive voting for Sarah Palin. Not only do you disagree with her, but she lacks the redeeming qualities to make her even tolerable.

March 22, 2012 at 3:51 pm |
  81. Thom Richer

Without hesitation. However, I would prefer Hillary Clinton. Why Joe Biden? Because he is the real, "Joe the Plumber." He is the type of man America needs. Honest, down to earth, strong of conviction, politically savvy to Congressional phonies, knowledgeable, and he understands the needs of the working class not just the elite. Put that all together with a sincere and genuine desire to help America and its people and a pure motive for seeking the office...should he do so...rather than a selfish ego driven obsession such as those running today, and you have the ideal candidate for president. Who better at this time besides Hillary? "Go Joe!"

Thom Richer
    Negaunee, MI

March 22, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
  82. Bryant

You've got to be kidding!

March 22, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
  83. jeff

Hillary Clinton has 2016 all wrapped up.

March 22, 2012 at 3:54 pm |
  84. dil ma

Depends on the Republican candidate, if it is Mitt Romney, I will vote for Joe Biden. If the republican candidate is Chris Christi, or Bobby Jindal, or Mitch Daniels, then Joe Biden will have tough time getting my vote.

March 22, 2012 at 3:54 pm |
  85. Michael Harkins/ Bellevue, WA.

????? Is that even a serious question?

March 22, 2012 at 3:54 pm |
  86. Bruce in northeast Nevada

Joe who?

March 22, 2012 at 3:55 pm |
  87. subiedude

Please, you wasted this band width to actually think people would vote for the village idiot? He would first need to get both feet out of his mouth!

March 22, 2012 at 3:55 pm |
  88. Drew

That would be fabulous for the republicans.

March 22, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
  89. John

No way!!

March 22, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
  90. DJ Johnson

I think the first question is "will he even be on the ticket THIS year". But to answer your question... Yes, I will always vote for the party who WON'T put more people like Scalia and Thomas on the Supreme Court. I believe in personal freedom, and it feels like ultra-conservative judges are all about taking freedoms away. And that seems more important than anything else to me. I'd be worried if the choice was Biden, but I'd rather he was there to nominate centrist or slightly liberal justices.

March 22, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
  91. RickFromDetroit

YES!! I would vote for Joe in 2012 too.

March 22, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
  92. Dennie Lieber

You bet I'd vote for Joe Biden. We are Delaware ex-patriots living in Arizona and have been Joe Biden fans since he first entered the Senate. As far we are concerned, he has been and is on the right side of every important social, defense, and economic issue facing this country. He has an innate ability to reach out to folks at every level and treat them as friends.

March 22, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
  93. Peter, Tarrytown, N.Y.

If my choice is between Biden and any republican, it's Biden. If it's a choice between Biden and Hillary... sorry Joe.

March 22, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
  94. Steve, Lincoln, NE

Ask me in 2016.

March 22, 2012 at 3:59 pm |
  95. Ben from Boston

Jack,

If Hillary were at the top of the ticket, I could vote for Joe Biden to continue as VP. Hillary was the best choice in 2008; she is still the best choice; and she will remain the best choice in 2016 Sorry Joe – no go.

March 22, 2012 at 3:59 pm |
  96. Robert W. North Carolina

That's a long long long way off. The most I remember about him though is "This is a big deal!" Can't seem to get that statement out of my mind when I think of him.

March 22, 2012 at 3:59 pm |
  97. us1776

Of course, if Joe got the nomination I would definitely vote for him.

His is a virtual encyclopedia of foreign relations. You won't find a more knowledgeable person about the U.S. and its relations to the world.

You can laugh at his gaffes but Joe's got what it takes.

March 22, 2012 at 4:01 pm |
  98. rex in portland, oregon

Joe will be too old in 2016. Joe deserves a good rest and retirement. Joe has done his service for America. Thank you, Joe. Warren / M. Obama in 2016!

March 22, 2012 at 4:01 pm |
  99. Crazyperson

Hell ya !!!!!!

March 22, 2012 at 4:01 pm |
  100. Taskmaster

Joe Biden wouldn't make decent dog catcher for a two horse town with a population of 75.

March 22, 2012 at 4:02 pm |
  101. Bob

I think you've had a few too many drinks Jack. Joe "Bozo" Biden is a joke and Hillary should stay right where she is. No more Clintons or Bushes.

March 22, 2012 at 4:02 pm |
  102. cbr

I find this whole premise ridiculous. Let's concentrate on this election.

Mr. Cafferty, I think you could ask a better question.

March 22, 2012 at 4:03 pm |
  103. Bill

Not a chance, Jack. He won't even be the nominee. He's 73 now, would be 77 at the start of his 1st term. and 81 at the end of it. Not a horse you'd want to ride. He's a Washington cronie of the first order and is best known for playing Robin, not Batman. Think Bob Dole without the purple hearts.

March 22, 2012 at 4:03 pm |
  104. Colby

A Biden candidacy will be reminiscent of Mondale's run in 1984. First of all, barring an ecomonic miracle, Obama will not win re-election. Second, Biden has the charisma of well a Mondale. In 2016, the Democrats will be looking for their next set of fresh faces, not a tired old retread with hoof iln mouth disease who's only asset to the current president is the fact that he doesn't upstage the president (which is the real reason Hillary was not selected to be VP).

Nope, I won't support him, just as I didn't support his selection as VP. Until the Dem's get someone with ideas AND cajones, we are looking at the next 4-8 years of GOP dominance.

March 22, 2012 at 4:04 pm |
  105. warren

joe biden hell yes! He speaks his mind without bs. He obama pitbull! Love him!

March 22, 2012 at 4:05 pm |
  106. Ed from Colorado

YES YES – He is well qualified and has a huge amount of experience, particularly in foreign affairs. He also has the temperment despite the occasional gafs he is known to make.

March 22, 2012 at 4:06 pm |
  107. Gary - Woodhaven, Michigan

Hey, if there are folks voting for Larry, Moe, Curly, and Shemp in the Republican primary this year, I guess anyone is capable of getting votes. So yes, I'd vote for Joe BiBiden.

March 22, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
  108. ArtInChicago

Why not Jack? The Biden/Winfrey ticket will be unstoppable.

March 22, 2012 at 4:08 pm |
  109. willard

Biden is too old man that he can't be presdient 2016

March 22, 2012 at 4:10 pm |
  110. Jason B

Depends, did an apocalypse in 2012 wipe out all the better options?

March 22, 2012 at 4:11 pm |
  111. Bob in Kansas City

No, Joe will be too old by then, he should serve out a second term if the election goes his way then retire, we're tired of the same career politicians thinking we'll collapse without them around.

March 22, 2012 at 4:11 pm |
  112. andy Lynn, MA

Joe Biden as president? He'd be my number 2 choice. The American Iron Maiden is my number one choice; Hilary Clinton. If either gets the Democratic nomination in 2016 I would vote the Cook County, Illinois way, early and often.

March 22, 2012 at 4:11 pm |
  113. Danny K

Michelle Obama 2016.

March 22, 2012 at 4:12 pm |
  114. John

Who knows, the future of the party may not even be on the political stage yet.

March 22, 2012 at 4:12 pm |
  115. Charles - San Antonio

It depends on who is running against him. If the republican canidate in 2016 is Rick Santorum, yes I vote for Biden. If the canidate is Gingrich, yes I vote for Biden, If the canidate is Paul, no I vote for Paul. If the republican canidate is some right-wing bible-thumping tea party no-compromise extremist, yes I vote for Biden. The republicans need some serious "change that I can believe in" before I ever even consider casting a vote in thier direction.

March 22, 2012 at 4:13 pm |
  116. Leta

Definitely YES, especially if the GOP opponent is Jeb Bush

March 22, 2012 at 4:13 pm |
  117. Chris

2016? come on, I'm looking forward to the 2040 election. Can't wait to find out who wins Chancellor of Earth.

March 22, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
  118. rich

CLINTON IN 2016!!!!!!

March 22, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
  119. Dee

Lets make sure we do everything we can to RE-ELECT President OBAMA first! Obama 2012!

March 22, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
  120. MNResident

I'll voite for Joe Biden when when parapalegic Chuck stands up and the words "jobs" really becomes a three letter word. Or have you forgotten about some of Joe "the Democratic Party's version of Dan Quayle" Biden's numerous gaffes?????

March 22, 2012 at 4:18 pm |
  121. Michael, from Smiths, Alabama

If the GOP opponent is Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul or Jeb Bush....that would be a definite YES on Biden for president.

March 22, 2012 at 4:18 pm |
  122. Gary in IL

2016 will be a great election if Obama wins re-election. After four more years of incompetence, corruption and a willful assault on our national identity, both parties will feature outstanding candidates as Hillary Clinton with her amazing resume will face off against some combination of Rubio, Christie and Snyder for the Republicans. Now THAT will be a race!

March 22, 2012 at 4:18 pm |
  123. Mike in Minneapolis

Sure. He'll be running against a republican.

March 22, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
  124. Dave, Orlando, FL

Absolutely, he’s a barrel of laughs. But more importantly he is the most honest politician since Carter and Ron Paul. And he is one of the most level headed people in DC. Yes, he does suffer from foot in mouth disease, but that happens only because he is honest and says what he thinks. Contrast that with the likes of Sanitorium, the Romulan and the lizard, who get their feet stuck in their mouths because they try to fool everyone all the time by flip-flopping and never saying what they honestly think. With them, they flip when they should flop. And that causes a flap.

March 22, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
  125. george lemmer

who would't ? sure beats a third bush!!!!!!!!!!!

March 22, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
  126. Jerome from Louisville

Let me think about it....(wait for it).....No.

March 22, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
  127. Mike in Green Bay WI

Joe Biden would be a terrible candidate in 2016. He makes plenty of gaffes, talks without thinking, and really is not a person I would support. I've been pretty much a life long Democrat - and Biden is NOT the candidate I would hope for in 2016. I hope Hillary Clinton makes a run - she would be an excellent president!

March 22, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  128. BCC in LA

Are you kidding me, he lost to Palin in the debate, it scares the hell out me that he is our current VP. That being said he seems like a nice guy just in the wrong line of work.

March 22, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  129. Jerry in Alaska

Two words Jack, "Are You Crazy?"

March 22, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  130. Jaynportland

Yes.... If the mayans were right..

March 22, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  131. Clint, Wa.

Yes I would, the same as I am going to vote for Obama 2012!

March 22, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  132. Barry

Not a good choice. Met him on a train into D.C. once. Maybe Hillary before Biden.

March 22, 2012 at 4:22 pm |
  133. Robert

In the last 500 years, there has not been a worse possible candidate.

March 22, 2012 at 4:22 pm |
  134. Daniel

Of course! I would vote for Joe against ANY republican if he gets nominated for President. I doubt he could get the nomination away from Hillary, though...

March 22, 2012 at 4:22 pm |
  135. Rebecca from Georgia

I trusted Obama's choice when he asked Biden to be his v.p. but I'm beginning to wonder if Hilary might have been a better choice since Biden doesn't seem as smart as I gave him credit and I don't think he could be a good enough president for us. I might vote for him but he'd have to reprove himself to me and I'm more skeptical of people when they try to reassert themselves after defacing themselves.

March 22, 2012 at 4:22 pm |
  136. Frank from PA

In the past when he ran for the democratic nomination for president, I don't think he ever managed to get more than 5% of the vote. Who would vote for him in 2016 when he'll be a dried up old fart? There will be the same problem with age that John McCain had. Or is it a case of you shouldn't vote for an old Republican geezer, but it's ok to vote for an old Democrat geezer.

March 22, 2012 at 4:22 pm |
  137. shae

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

March 22, 2012 at 4:22 pm |
  138. Teri from Chattanooga, Tennessee

Only if you had a gun to my head.

March 22, 2012 at 4:22 pm |
  139. Jeanie

Only if Hillary doesn't run. Love them both..

March 22, 2012 at 4:23 pm |
  140. Jerry in Colorado Springs

A lot of things can happen between now & 2016. Hell, I might be dead. Or I may decide to run myself.

March 22, 2012 at 4:23 pm |
  141. Jon in Tempe, Arizona

I would not vote for him as a Democratic primary candidate. If he was the nominee I would vote for him but not enthusiastically. He does not have a snowball's chance in hell of winning either so I will not have to worry about it. I suggest for his dignity that he quietly bow out and go back to private life.

March 22, 2012 at 4:23 pm |
  142. Tom

I would absolutely vote for Biden. He was the best candidate in 2008 and he is probably better qualified in 2012. But Obama has the job. Let him finish his pair of terms.

March 22, 2012 at 4:23 pm |
  143. David

Why Not

March 22, 2012 at 4:23 pm |
  144. virginia

Seriously?????? You losing it, Jack? The man is a fool.

March 22, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  145. Jeff

No. NoBama and NoBiden. Apart from the issues, Joe Biden is more of a back room politician than a front man and besides, he just isn't "articulate and bright and clean" enough for the Presidency...

March 22, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  146. Michael Pacholek, East Brunswick, NJ

As Biden himself would say, "God bless him, I love him," but I'm old enough to remember not just John McCain and Bob Dole but Ronald Reagan running at age 73. Joe doesn't seem like a tired old man now, but 73 is still 73, and I'd be concerned. I'd rather have him than a Republican of any age, because his heart will still be in the right place. But I'd wonder about the mind of a man that age or older. President Obama should be thinking about grooming a successor behind the scenes. In political terms only, that may have been Bush's biggest mistake: No one to carry his torch, so that the few people who still liked him could rally around that candidate. Mr. President, take note: If you want a Democrat to win in 2016, start getting a few ready now, so that the chances of one emerging will improve.

March 22, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  147. Mr D

I would shoot pool and have a drink with Joe. Might even commute on the train with him and reminise about the good time this country has seen. But vote for him if the country gets to 2016-no.

March 22, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  148. Doug - Beltsville, MD

Absolutely, Jack. Every day would be a bar-b-q because Biden brings the red meat!

March 22, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  149. Mike, St George

Picture this, Joe Biden versus Newt Gingrich. Talk about a nightmare, two old fools that rule by intimidation just like the good old days. What the hell has gone wrong with our political structure in this country?

March 22, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  150. becky, Las Vegas

No need to worry about that, Jack. The world is supposed to end later this year. Check with Wolf. I think he has the details.

March 22, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
  151. Linda in New York

I like Joe Biden - he seems genuine to me. Yes, he does make mistakes, but unlike some in politics he laughs at himself and admits his mistakes. That's a valuable quality in a leader. Biden would have to work hard to change the perception that many have of him as a victim of foot-in-mouth disease. But even if he failed to do that, I would vote for him in 2016, especially if his Republican opponent was of the same ilk as the clown posse that is running this year.

March 22, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
  152. Dee G.

So fast it would make your head spin! I Love Joe!!!

March 22, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
  153. HillayShouldHaveCountedTheVotes

You guys are so blind. Biden is setting things up for his son .How could you not see this ?

March 22, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
  154. Benjamin from Kingston Delaware

The dream ticket for me would be Biden/Clinton 2016 ,yes I would vote for him

March 22, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
  155. Pat and Linda

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!!! We are so much worse off now than ever. Can't afford to do anything but pay for gas and food. I am a democrat and will vote for WHOEVER runs against the Dems.

March 22, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
  156. Dave

I am a fan of Mr. Biden's, but I eexpect him top keep his word about not running for President after the Obama administration ends- whether this year or in 2016. I think HRC would be a much better candidate in 2016 with one of the up & comers as her VP choice.

March 22, 2012 at 4:25 pm |
  157. Steve

Absolutely! It took Reagan 2 tries at the nomination, 1968 and 1976, before he finally made it in 1980 as an old guy and he turned out OK I'm told.

IL

March 22, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
  158. Lucas In Austin

No Way He is the Democratic version of G.W. Bush. He may be a smart politician, but when he opens his mouth the dumbest things come out.

March 22, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
  159. brendatexas

This is a joke, right?

March 22, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
  160. Name*Issakha

Yes I vote for biden

March 22, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
  161. Steve

If Clinton isn't running and Obama is still in office I would vote for Biden. If the Republicans win in 2012 I suspect it will be illegal for Democrats to vote in 2016.

steve, Du Quoin, Illinois

March 22, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
  162. carrie , Bham ,Alabama

Yep I would , I have vowed to never support a GOPer after this bunch of losers drinking their tea and all....This is no longer your Pappy's GOP, gone and lost their marbles they have! I would love to see Mrs Bill Clinton run , but yep I would take Joe...better than anything the GOP has to offer ....unless they get their act together and come back down to earth I will take Joe any day!

March 22, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
  163. george in st.augustine fl

yes and I would make mechelle obama his running mate

March 22, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
  164. Nathaniel Webb

I would not only vote for Joe Biden, I would volunteer to work to get him elected. As an African American Male, we have found White democrats are more sympathetic to our plight than President Obama, because his Blackness ties his hands. Joe Biden is the best thing that could happen to America and my people.

March 22, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
  165. dwm

Darrell
    Ohio

March 22, 2012 at 4:27 pm |
  166. Bill Wimmer, Delaware

Delaware put Joe where he is, but during the 2008 campaign, he seemed to think he was more importnat to point out thathe was a "good ole Scranton, PA boy" . But, YES, I would vote for Jowe over a conservative.

March 22, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  167. Walter

YES!!!!!!! And if the rest of America wants to continue to move in the right direction, they would too.

March 22, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  168. marybeth, massachusetts

Sheesh, Jack, let's get through THIS election cycle first before you start fussing and worrying about 2016.

Re Biden, I don't know. Much would depend upon who else would be running for President. If my choices were limited to a right-wing evangelical-my religion is the ONLY religion and I'm going to impose it on each and every American because I've been appointed by the Pope/God/my minister and whose only concern is what I do with my own body in my own bedroom and who only wants to give as much as possible to the wealthy and corporations, then I'd vote for Biden. If there are other good Democrats in the primary (let's say Elizabeth Warren) or even a New England MODERATE in the style of Bill Weld Republican, then those are more attractive candidates.

Jack, you're getting ahead of yourself. It's like asking what you want for Christmas on Dec. 26th. Give us a break already.

March 22, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  169. Mark B.

Joe Biden is President Obama's greatest insurance policy. To imagine Biden as our next U.S. President is laughable and by far the best joke I've heard all day! LOL! =)

March 22, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  170. Ernesto Barnett

The only democrat I'll ever vote for again in my life, I am 70 years old. Would be Hillary Clinton
    and I hope she runs against Obama...But I think that would be a cold day in hell if Obama decides not to run
    because with the current batch of republicans running he has an easy victory

March 22, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  171. George In Austerlitz

IF I voted for Joe, it would have to be in the General election and because the Republican was yet another ultra "Right" wing TeaPublican.

I'd like to see Hillary step up to the plate. We'll not be out of the woods by then and we'll need a President that BOTH parties can respect.

March 22, 2012 at 4:29 pm |
  172. Judy

Remember Sara Palin? Remember Dan Quayle? Remember on the first day of Obama"s presidency when he had to be re-sworn in because the Chief Justice made a mistake? Remember that Biden was making a joke about it in front of the camera's and Obama shut him up? I am not sure any Vice-President is capable of being the President. I think they are there to bring in the votes that the President can't. Hillary vs. Joe? I would take Hillary every time.

March 22, 2012 at 4:29 pm |
  173. Name*Issakha

Yes I vote for Biden I'm from Hillside NJ

March 22, 2012 at 4:29 pm |
  174. Solomon

Most definitely, I would certainly vote for Joe Biden, because he's "Fresh and Clean"........(SMILE) I still loved his comment about then canidate Barak Obama, unlike other folks who took offense I got it and it still is funny, I could appreciate the spirit in which that comment was given!!!!! and yes, I am African American.

March 22, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
  175. David

I could but prefer Hillary in 2016.

March 22, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
  176. barbara in nc

I'll vote for any democrat in 2016 over any republican (from what I've seen of them the last 2 years– warts, wrinkles, baggers and all).

Preferably Clinton and/or Elizabeth Warren (if she can be talked into leaving her job as Massachusetts Senator).

March 22, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
  177. bspurloc

HILLARY CLINTON 2016...........

March 22, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
  178. Milt

Yes, I would -Joe deserves a chance to blossom.

March 22, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
  179. Gail, Plano TX.

Jack: I love Joe Biden! That said, I think he is too old to be President. John McCain was also too old and thankfully was defeated. Romney is too old at 65. We need someone who is robust and young. I am a 72 year old white female, and aging slows you down, as I am sure you can attest to. Andrew Cuomo is a better choice. He is a great governor, is young, and I think he could be a really good President.

March 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
  180. Lydia

No, he will be to old to run, we shouldn't allow politicians to run after the age of 65, everyone that age should be enjoying retirement.

March 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
  181. Name*Dennis

Why not.better than george bush.

March 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
  182. HillayShouldHaveCountedTheVotes

If Hillary didn't throw the towel in ( the DNC good ol'boys.. Dean,Gore,Richardson,Wexler etc. thought they all had a spot on the wheel.. they forgot about the Chicago political games )the country would have been in a better state. Especially with Bill having her back. So I blame the mess we're in on the Clintons .That being said... Biden couldn't get through college ( plagerized and flunked )... so I don't think "plugs" will attempt to run.. BUT .. his "sonny boy " will be the Biden of choice in my opinion.

March 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
  183. Richard

Sorry, but Biden is one Democrat who will never get my vote for anything. The man is an inveterate drug warrior who managed to get the anti-Rave act passed in the dead of night, attaching it to another bill when it failed on its own merits. I almost didn't vote for Obama when he picked Biden as his VP, but I did anyway, seeing that Biden would be relegated to the back room. But Biden as president? Never. Then I will vote Republican (for the first time in my life) or just sit out the election.

March 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
  184. Shane

Hey Jack,

The Democrats could run Kermit the frog in 2016 and win. The GOP has shifted so far right in the past few years that they have probably turned away every independent voted they ever had. I mean "lets ban contraception" and "lets ban porn" is a fast way to piss off just about everyone....Except the far, far right wing Christian Taliban..

Shane
    Indianapolis

March 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
  185. michael

I think Joe could make a great president but given his age, he would be too old to be a president. I would be more than happy to let Obama lead for a third term.

March 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
  186. sheila

Heck no. Biden adds nothing to the ticket. I wish Obama would announce now that biden is retiring to "spend more time with his family" and then Hillary could step right into the VP spot NOW. That would bring strength and popularity to the Democratic ticket.

March 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
  187. Stacey

I would rather see Hillary run again, and would rather see her and Biden switch places this election.

March 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
  188. Steve T.

It is a compelling statement of Obama's power of persuasion that he was elected with Biden as his running mate. McCain also came to the table with a weak running mate, and it was in no small part responsible for his loss of the election. Biden isn't known for his intellectual prowess or diplomacy. He seems like a nice guy, but POTUS? Not a chance. There are numerous examples of strong presidents with weak running mates, but only very rarely have those VPs become president, and usually not for very long. That said, in the complex machinery that shakes out a team of candidates, I don't believe Biden would every be able to find himself positioned as a presidential candidate.

March 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
  189. Mark

Really jack? Why not ask if I would rather be poked in the eye with a sharp stick or hit in the face with a shovel...in 4 years.

March 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
  190. Bryan

How about Obama in 2016? The country ought to be ready for a Democrat again by then.

March 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
  191. Linda Enterkin

Of course I'd vote for Joe. I wish he'd been on top of the ticket last electiion, and I wouldn't have been so disappointed in what my president has done the last 4 years. Obama has been one of the weakest presidents in history. He hasn't stood up to the Republicans on any issue, whether its the war or taxes or single payer healthcare reform. I believe a Biden presidency would have been very different. I'd hope he'd have a great VP though, because 73 is a bit old for a president. Biden is a man with a good heart, good instincts, and his occasionally confused tongue doesn't detract from that at all. This old Southern lady loves him.

March 22, 2012 at 4:33 pm |
  192. Bruce

There isn't going to be a 2016 election Jack. Haven't you heard? The world is supposed to end this year on Dec 21st and even if we somehow escape another end-of-the-world prediction, Obama who is certain to win in 2012 against a lackluster GOP field, will have bankrupted the USA before then and our system will be in total collapse.

March 22, 2012 at 4:33 pm |
  193. Stan Pokutylowicz

Good friend, good neighbor, good politician, and so on. But so far I have yet to see VP Biden demonstrate the traits of an individual who could become the President of the USA.

March 22, 2012 at 4:34 pm |
  194. Lance In Canada

Send him to run in Canada, our politicians are boring..........

March 22, 2012 at 4:34 pm |
  195. Darlene

I was a liberal for 45 years and there is no way I would ever go back and voting for Biden I'd vote for a potted plant before I'd vote for him. The liberals better go read Norman Matton Thomas he is why i no longer choose to be a liberal the real dem's mom and pop party are long gone.

March 22, 2012 at 4:34 pm |
  196. Pete

Absolutely!!!! Go for it Joe! If my state allows republicans to vote in the democratic primary he's got my vote.

March 22, 2012 at 4:35 pm |
  197. DeeNYC

No. Clinton 2016! She should have been there in the first place. But for now Obama 2012!

March 22, 2012 at 4:35 pm |
  198. Nell ryan

Just because Joe Biden happens to have a personality is no reason to be negative about him. He is a foreign policy expert, has an understated brilliance, has immense integrity, has lived in a reputable manner, endured severe heartache from the sudden death of his wife and the injury to his child, and he came through it all to eventually marry an impressive, accomplished, kind woman. He works cooperatively with his colleagues and is supportive of well-reasoned policies. But most importantly, he has across-the-board experience on many levels and possesses the energy to put that experience to work.

March 22, 2012 at 4:35 pm |
  199. Res in Vancouver

Duh..Of course I would vote for anyone but a Republican.

March 22, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
  200. dj

Now CafertyThat is a real knee slapper ......................

March 22, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
  201. david

He's the dumbest thing the Dems have. In the primaries, never. Against Gingrich, or Bachmann, or any of the GOP nutballs, yes, absolutely. Against a serious Republican (like they used to have, say, Bob Dole), no.

March 22, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
  202. Jeff from Atlanta, Ga

I rather vote for Ronald Mcdonald in 2016. What does that tell ya?

March 22, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
  203. Darlene Eliason

If Hillary didn't run you BET we WOULD! ! ! ! ! ! !

March 22, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
  204. LaVerne

Yes, Joe Biden was my choice during President Obama's process of choosing a VP pick. Biden is life smart and knowledgeable of both foreign and domestic challenges this nation faces. He is a no nonsense, take no prisoners leader who I am sure has been a fantastic asset to President Obama. I always felt that he would be loyal to the President and that was very important to me. Biden is a family man with great integrity and my vote is his should he decide to run. GO BIDEN 2016!!

March 22, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
  205. Peter H.

I would give up citizenship and run for the boarder, the current piece of crap I am almost there if he gets another 4 years...

March 22, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
  206. Stan in Texas

If I had been drinking, I am sure it would have shot right out of my nose.

The only good thing about Biden being Vice Pres is that he has no vote and no power. Any fool that wuold vote for him as president is even more stupid than the fools that voted for Obama. Come to think of it......maybe it is a tie.

March 22, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
  207. MizWasy (Hope) Columbus, OH

OMG! Not no, but, Hell no!!

March 22, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
  208. Jason K

one word – no

Ron Paul 2012
    Rand Paul 2020

March 22, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
  209. shipdog7

Joe the Plumber (Biden) was cute in a way.... before and after he got into office. You could see Mr Obama try to hide his expression when Mr Biden would spurt out something outlandish. But they keep him out of the spotlight now. That's a good thing?

March 22, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
  210. carey georgas

I'm a Yellow Dawg, Jack, so yeah, I'd vote for Vice President Biden. I'd vote for Hillary. Shoot, I'd vote for Dennis Kucinich over any Republican I can think of.

March 22, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
  211. Jane

As long as Hilliary doesn't run, absolutely!! I would vote for Joe anyday. Great guy, good leader, and all around stand-up man. He's got my vote.

March 22, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
  212. Ed in Sac

No for Me
    No for My Roommate
    What's a Biden and does it taste like tune, from our Cats

March 22, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
  213. Helene Ballantyne

Hmm ....Against Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin or yet unknown wannabes? That's a no brainer. And I'm not referring to those possible Republican candidates.

March 22, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
  214. James

Joe BIden? The same person that once said he does nothing as VIce President. No, I would not vote for Joe BIden, but Ron Paul, yes!

James,
    Las Vegas

March 22, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
  215. Scott from CA

The Dems better run Hillary – Joe doesn't have the mojo

March 22, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
  216. al from orlando

No way! The republicans should have eliminated the vote of sane people like the college crowd of which I am proud
    to be part of and aware of the problems of the rich and poor.

March 22, 2012 at 4:42 pm |
  217. Patrick

i'd certainly consider it. joe is prone to making gaffes; its true. but as michael kinsley once said, a gaffe is when a politician accidentally tells the truth. and in the highly scripted and choreographed world of 21st century american politics, i think we could use a whole lot more truth, accidental or otherwise.

March 22, 2012 at 4:42 pm |
  218. Frank Stanton from Campbell, Ca.

Joe Biden is a little too old for the Presidency. Hillary would be a perfect fit and deserves a nomination. She's not as funny as Biden, but she is smart and smart trumps funny as we sadly found out with Ronald Reagan and George Bush II.

March 22, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
  219. Brian Wickremasinghe - Woodland Hills

Only if I vote on Party Lines. However, he will be grouped, quite rightly, at the same level as the present Republican incumbents. Hillary Clinton will be an automatic choice for me.

March 22, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
  220. attican

I admire Joe Biden but feel that a different democrat voice in our leadership would be better. The best service that the vice president could do to his country would be to resign in the middle of President Obama's second term leaving the post to be filled by a well vetted successor. Perhaps someone like Howard Dean or Gov. Deval Patrick (MA).

March 22, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
  221. Rob-Texas

No win for Biden. If Obama get re-elected probably little chance that the VP will take office. That is assuming he will be the VP this time around. If Obama loses, doubt the dems will have a chance in 2016.

March 22, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
  222. Mark

Yes please run this moron for president, dems. Please please please. Always good to see an avowed plagiarist run for office. LOL. And an idiot with speeches too. Typical dem.

March 22, 2012 at 4:44 pm |
  223. Tony In Califorina

Jack- OMG Yes!- This would continue to mean we have someone who the best intrests of the children & familes of this nation at heart. Vice President Biden also has the skill and ready to fight attitude it will take to stand up too whoever the other side "puts out there' . You Go Mr Biden you have my vote! Tony in Stockton CA

March 22, 2012 at 4:44 pm |
  224. EB

It would depend on who else is running, Jack. Your question already reveals the unique position the Democrats are in - on their knees thanking God for having their party together enough to make the heart-aching choices between stars like Biden and Hillary.

March 22, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
  225. Nancy, Tennessee

No way and besides Joe won't run in 2016. He probably won't be physically able. You know he has that awful dreaded foot in mouth disease. I think it's pretty debilitating.

March 22, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
  226. Deborah

President Hillary Clinton – now that has a ring to it!!

March 22, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
  227. chuck

Interesting idea. I find it hard to believe that a 73 year old would make a run, but regardless I wouldn't say a flat no to Biden. I would probably need to see him more over the next few years, as he's been relatively quiet ove the past 4.

March 22, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
  228. Wm in PA

Jack,

Y E S !

March 22, 2012 at 4:48 pm |
  229. Mohammad Shihabi

The Clinton machine will be unstoppable in 2016, much like the Romney machine is unstoppable now in 2012. Nobody worth talking about is going to bother running against her, so I guess it would be fun to have Joe Biden run.

March 22, 2012 at 4:48 pm |
  230. Ed of West Hollywood

Hillary Clinton 2016 all the way! It should have been her last time but my team is ready to campaign for her again!

Obama should give her the support this time. She's the most qualified to run, First lady, senator, secretary of state and a lawyer! Hillary will continue the reign of the Democratic party!

March 22, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
  231. Dean Strohmeyer

I am a very great admirer of Joe Biden; he would be one of the most qualified persons ever to run for the office. However (and here I speak as one nearly 77 years old) I feel that at 73 he would be simply too old to be entering the by-far most demanding job in the world. Although I did vote for Bob Dole at the same age, now that I have gotten beyond that age myself I realize fully how much my own strength and vitality has diminished over the years, and thus could not any longer consider voting for any person over 70 for the presidency. Hillary would also be close to the limit as far as age is concerned, even though she has also very extraordinary qualifications. One simply needs to face up to the age issue when considering any extremely demanding and responsible positions.

March 22, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
  232. Jim Charlotte NC

If the Media told the truth about this man he could very become a better President than the last 2 but as we all know gossip sells and making a joke out of peoples mistakes always garners better press.

March 22, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
  233. Mohammad, Los Angeles, CA

The Clinton machine will be unstoppable in 2016, much like the Romney machine is unstoppable now in 2012. Nobody worth talking about is going to bother running against her, so I guess it would be fun to have Joe Biden run for a while.

March 22, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
  234. Brian Samuels (Chicago)

Yes. But not over Hillary.

March 22, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
  235. Clay Kraemer

With a gun pointed at my temple is the only way I would vote for this buffoon

March 22, 2012 at 4:51 pm |
  236. Bubba

Jack,

I followed your career for so many years I can remember when it started. But now, I seriously think you've gone "round the bend". Omigosh, Biden?! Who would he picked for a running mate, the other rocket scientist from Delaware, the white witch? Ouch!!

March 22, 2012 at 4:52 pm |
  237. Patrick Kelly

I don't know but between Cuomo, O'Malley, and now maybe Biden, thats a very Roman Catholic Democratic field.

March 22, 2012 at 4:56 pm |
  238. Troy

I would vote for Joe in a heartbeat. Joe and his wife Jill our wonderful people and I believe Joe would continue to put the middle class ahead of big corporations. Joe has been a great V.P. and I know he would make a great President.

March 22, 2012 at 4:57 pm |