April 28th, 2011

How excited are you about the royal wedding?

ALT TEXT

(PHOTO CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES)

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

In case you haven't heard, there's a pretty big to-do planned for tomorrow on the other side of the pond. Prince William will marry Kate Middleton in Westminster Abbey tomorrow afternoon in London... It's the first high profile royal wedding in Britain in decades. You can't turn on a television, open a newspaper or log on to a website without hearing all about it. All the big U.S. broadcast and cable networks-including CNN– will carry the event live with coverage beginning at 4 am eastern time. The wedding itself starts about two hours later.

So it's a really big deal, right? Not so much.

A poll in Britain commissioned by an anti-monarchy group found four out of five Britons are quote "largely indifferent" or quote "couldn't care less" about the royal wedding. Really? They're not even excited about watching it and it's going to be on in the middle of the day…and it's their royal family.

What about Americans?

Do we really care enough to get up at 4 in the morning and watch a wedding on a work day? A New York Times-CBS News poll found that only 6 percent of Americans say they have been following news about the royal wedding "very closely" and 22 percent say "somewhat closely." So again, not so much. It could be a real letdown for the U.S. media which is spending a boatload of money to cover this thing. But Prince William isn't our future king, and people on both sides of the Atlantic apparently have other things to worry about.

Here’s my question to you: How excited are you about the royal wedding?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Monica:
I can't wait! It is something positive to watch and take my mind off the troubles for the world for a few hours. No bickering politicians, wars, or natural disasters.

Linka in Austin, Texas:
Yes, indeed! I plan to watch and enjoy the wedding. Upbeat moments and stories on live TV are rare and welcome. Hopefully for a few hours, we see beautiful horses, carriages, and happy Brits - if protests or terrorists don't mess it up.

J.B.:
Not excited at all. Remember the last royal wedding? Diana married a cad. My opinion: Let these folks have their wedding in private. Then when they've been married 50 years, have a big celebration.

Keith in Twinsburg, Ohio:
That's very good question, Jack. Wait a minute, let me ask my wife.

David in Alexandria, Virginia:
I think that this is a way to relive our childhood fantasies of castles and kings and queens and handsome princes and beautiful princesses and horses and knights and golden carriages - for just a few moments the stuff that dreams are made of, limitless, fanciful, fun without regret. Some day, perhaps sooner than we realize, royal weddings will be gone. And with them those brief moments of escape to a wondrous, carefree zone.

Joe in Ohio:
Saturday can't come soon enough.

Tim in Texas:
I find the consideration of what might be living under Donald Trump's comb-over more exciting.

Deb:
I am very happy for the couple but unless the dog needs to go out to relieve himself and I cannot go back to sleep, I doubt I will be watching the wedding "live." I am positive I will see the best of the best during the day with highlights from any one of the hundred newscasters/stations that are there to cover it.

Yomi:
Very excited. Good couple. It's good news. It's a distraction from all the bad news one hears from you guys anyway. It's good news and it’s a big deal. Please smile. It's nothing to be gloomy about.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. RB in CA

No offense to the Royal Couple, but I couldn't care less.

RB in CA

April 28, 2011 at 1:46 pm |
  2. Jef

If its the Royal Wedding or Donald Trump - then count me in as "Can't wait to see what Kate is wearing!!!!!"

Jef
    Bossier City, LA

April 28, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
  3. Larry Feierstein

What a gigantic waste of time and British taxpayer money. Do you think US citizens would put up their hard earned tax dollars for such an event?
    I equate the wedding to Donald Trump Sarah Palin etc, too much fluff and not enough stuff. Much ado about nothing as the bard would say

April 28, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
  4. Preston Akers

Honestly – I could care less. Our service men and women continue to die in 2 wars, gas is approaching $5.00 per gallon, jobs are non-existent, and our political process is completely broken. I guess one could view the royal wedding as comic relief.

Preston from Seattle, WA.

April 28, 2011 at 1:49 pm |
  5. Peg in NY

I am quite excited! Good news is hard to find, so this perks me up, if only for a moment.

April 28, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
  6. Pedro

I was looking through video from the Diana & Charles Royal wedding and thinking how much people seem to want this event to be similar, Unfortunately there is no comparison because Diana's wedding was truly a big affair that had one key ingredient that cannot be surpassed nor imitated, Diana herself, " the queen of hearts" and eventual martyr of the monarchy . Kate Middleton, is simply that Kate, that's fine, I wish them the best, This is a Do but not a big to Do...

April 28, 2011 at 1:52 pm |
  7. Becky in Kansas

About as excited as having my toenails clipped. No, i won't be getting up before the birds to watch any of it and no I won't be setting the dvr to watch later.

April 28, 2011 at 1:52 pm |
  8. Pisher from Harrisburg

Jack,

I must confess I pay no attention to the pomp and pageantry of the royal wedding as it is antithetical to everything I value. With the world economy as it is, the Royals should take the money they are spending on this family of inbreds and spend it on the poor and suffering. They are, as the great Bard reminded us," from a tale told by an idiot, signifying nothing."

April 28, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
  9. Tom Waller

I'm absolutely NOT excited about it. It simply seems to be another frivolous distraction from the real problems we Americans face today. Does it REALLY need to be on virtually every tv channel, a part of every news cast and on the cover of almost every magazine and newspaper? Give me a break already!

April 28, 2011 at 2:02 pm |
  10. OLGA

I am happy for Diana's oldest boy, William.

I wouldn't say I was excited about it. I am more interested in other things going on in my life, like surviving this economy.

Olga
    Austin, Texas

April 28, 2011 at 2:09 pm |
  11. Adam Simi Valley, CA

Why does anyone care? The royals are just mascots. They have no impact on international politics and zero impact on my llfe personally. Now shouldn't we really worry about the price of gas, the EPA, unemployment or the debt crisis?

April 28, 2011 at 2:12 pm |
  12. Alex in Bremerton, WA

Not very, Jack, but I am happy for them. Less so for the hundreds of soldiers ordered to march in the parades. Such a waste of time for these professional soldiers to be used as window-dressing. Poor sods.

April 28, 2011 at 2:13 pm |
  13. Ed Reed

I won't be riding to the hounds this Friday as I will be glued to the telly watching every savory moment.

Ed
    First Viscount of Exxex
    Texas

April 28, 2011 at 2:15 pm |
  14. Ann from Charleston SC

I am not so excited about the royal wedding that I will get up at 4 a.m. to watch it, but I am recording it. I will enjoy the fashions, the music and the pageantry.

April 28, 2011 at 2:15 pm |
  15. Wilhelm von Nord Bach

given the choice of royal wedding or listening to Donald Trump, Newt Gingrich or Sarah Palin run their mouth, I will watch the royal wedding, Jack.

April 28, 2011 at 2:20 pm |
  16. Conor in Chicago

It's interesting to watch the United States, a country that threw off the yoke of British Aristocracy 2 centuries ago, becoming totally engaged in an aristocratic British wedding. It also speaks to our time: The media obsessing over 2 people who will never know need nor want while neglecting to meaningfully examine the plight of our citizenry that know nothing BUT need and want.

April 28, 2011 at 2:22 pm |
  17. david-seattle

its not as exciting when there is no virgin getting married. but, the only true celebration of ruling class legitimacy still has a captivating moment for all the child hood stories of true love.

April 28, 2011 at 2:24 pm |
  18. Paul, New Port Richey, Fl.

The only way I could care less would be if I were dead.

April 28, 2011 at 2:30 pm |
  19. Bizz, Quarryville Pennsylvania

I am excited about the Royal wedding as I would be having a tooth pulled. I don't know why they just don't go to some type of English justice of the peace and get married. They could use the money they saved as a down payment on a new castle.

April 28, 2011 at 2:32 pm |
  20. David in Tampa

I'm about as excited by the royal wedding as I am about being staked out over a fire ant nest.

April 28, 2011 at 2:36 pm |
  21. Dan Louisville, KY

Hey don't knock it. The Royal Wedding does not add to our national debt, does not risk the lives of US soldiers, and we probably cannot blame their marriage on President Obama (although I'm sure Trump can come up with something soon).

So Cheerio and all that rot – Lets just enjoy it for the happy occasion and historic extravaganza that only the Brits can do so well! And despite all of the royalty rubbish, congrats to two pretty decent and deserving people.

April 28, 2011 at 2:36 pm |
  22. Greg in Arkansas

Since this Colonial Commoner is worried about getting laid off and struggling to make ends meet, I have no interest in watching filthy rich noble aristocrats flaunt their lavish lifestyle and wealth at an event that will in no way effect me or my future. I don't need any sad reminders of what I will never have.

So, in order to keep my spirits up, I would rather watch Comedy Central or old re-runs of Lou Dobbs.

April 28, 2011 at 2:39 pm |
  23. Mr. D

Wake me when its over.

April 28, 2011 at 2:46 pm |
  24. Patsy

We are so excited that we are going to click our beers, eat dinner,
    go to bed and watch the incessant reruns during normal hours.

April 28, 2011 at 2:49 pm |
  25. Kim Smith

I'm about as excited as I am about getting a root canal.

April 28, 2011 at 2:56 pm |
  26. Nora, C.C.Texas

I congratulate the happy couple, but the media has made it so most people are sick of hearing about it. My television will be off tomorrow. Do we really have to have it on all networks, really??Then we will hear about it for weeks after as all the networks drag us through all the fashions,food,etc. Did they really have to show the house Kate grew up in, why is that important?I could go on, but in answer to your question, Not excited at all, will be glad when it is all over with!!! But, thanks for asking Jack!!!

April 28, 2011 at 3:08 pm |
  27. David of Alexandria VA

I think that this is a way to relive our childhood fantasies - of castles and kings and queens and handsome princes and beautiful princesses and horses and knights and golden carriages - for just a few moments the stuff that dreams are made of, limitless, fanciful, fun without regret. Some day, perhaps sooner than we realize, royal weddings will be gone. And with them those brief moments of escape to a wonderous, carefree zone.

April 28, 2011 at 3:09 pm |
  28. Larry from Georgetown, Tx

I can't sleep or eat or concentrate on anything else. It's like being addicted to CNN during the OJ trial, ha ha. My wife and neighbor lady want it recorded so they can watch and cry and cry. All in all, it's good for the economy in England with all of the news people from America and around the world.

April 28, 2011 at 3:15 pm |
  29. Kevin

I'm so excited I'm not sure I can sleep. Not. Yawn...burb.

Esparto, CA

April 28, 2011 at 3:15 pm |
  30. Joe from Ohio

Saturday can't come soon enough.

April 28, 2011 at 3:15 pm |
  31. Bill in Portales, NM

Throw my comment and attitude in the waste basket.

I have alway been extremely biased against the British and Royalty.

I was exhausted of the news the day I learned of the engagement.

April 28, 2011 at 3:22 pm |
  32. Michael Bindner, Alexandria, VA

I'm hardly a quiver, but I will get up early to watch it.

April 28, 2011 at 3:25 pm |
  33. Joe CE

Almost as exciting as watching the grass grow.

April 28, 2011 at 3:30 pm |
  34. John from Alabama

Jack: I will sleep through it, and catch it on the rebound. They look like a good looking couple with money. I wish them well. May God Bless their union.

April 28, 2011 at 3:31 pm |
  35. Mike Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

I am very busy not caring at all about this and I do not know anyone who is. I do not think the people who are actually going to the wedding care as much as the American Cable News Networks do!

April 28, 2011 at 3:32 pm |
  36. Steve, Clifton, VA

Jack

I will have to let you know after the NFL Draft; the Shuttle launch tomorrow and Saturday's NBA play off games......

April 28, 2011 at 3:37 pm |
  37. ken, atlantic city, nj

I am not too excited about royal parasites spending 300 milliion dollars for a royal wedding. Corporate welfare is a close second to this fake monarchy. Why not just hire actors for minimun wage to put on royal ceremonies and weddings for the tourists like they do at disneyland.

April 28, 2011 at 3:38 pm |
  38. Gary H. Boyd

It ranks right up there with graduating from basic training, getting a Bad Conduct discharge and the day I was let out on parole early. All earth moving events for me. This is big Jack, really, really big and I'm just thrilled - so excited I could spit. I may even throw up.

Gary in Scottsdale, Arizona

April 28, 2011 at 3:43 pm |
  39. andyz Lynn, MA

Not at all. I'm really getting frantic. Less than 24 hours and my invitation has not arrived yet. Rubbish!

April 28, 2011 at 3:45 pm |
  40. Joe Ft Walton Bch Fl

Jack I am excited about the royal wedding as much I am with a box of royal jello.

April 28, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
  41. Harold from Anchorage-,AK

I'm about as excited as you are Jack. I think if the "Royal" couple REALLY cared about their country, they'd elope abd save their taxpayers a bundle!

April 28, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
  42. JAB

Not excited at all. Remember the last Royal Wedding? Diana married a cad. My opinon–Let these folks have their wedding in private. Then when they've been married 50 years, have a big celebration.

April 28, 2011 at 3:51 pm |
  43. Lori - PA

April 28th, 2011 3:52 pm ET
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    Jack,

I wish William and Kate the best, and hope they have a lifetime of love and happiness.

April 28, 2011 at 3:53 pm |
  44. METALWORKER

Jack; Looking for jokes for a comedy routine?
    The wedding would fall somewhere between watching paint dry andwatchoing mud puddles dry the cracks getting bigger.
    METALWORKER in IL

April 28, 2011 at 3:58 pm |
  45. Marilyn Bassano

I'm very excited. It's like a fairy tale come come live. Women love weddings and Cinderella was my favorite fairytale. It's really like watching a soap opera or movie, I mean I'm going to get up at 4 am and watch it on the tv. Basically, who needs reality 24/7. It's fun to watch a dream come true for someone who if they play their cards right gets to live 'happily ever after.'

April 28, 2011 at 3:59 pm |
  46. Frank in Indiana

We're Americans, we'll watch it and wish him well. Nothing else is on....

April 28, 2011 at 3:59 pm |
  47. Ed from MD

Could not care less about the royal wedding.

April 28, 2011 at 4:04 pm |
  48. Dennis north carolina

The royal wedding is great for the people of the British empire. we do not have a royal family so I wish them well and long life like I wish any other couple.

April 28, 2011 at 4:07 pm |
  49. Hafeezah (Utah)

I am as happy as the thought of my Mom telling me to eat spinach as a child.

April 28, 2011 at 4:11 pm |
  50. Remo, from beautiful downtown Pflugerville Texas

Jack, I'm about excited as an unemployed person can be! I'm sure there are Brits over there that are asking, couldn't the money be better used than for pomp and absurdity...

April 28, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
  51. DON IN WESTPORT, MASS.

I'm so excited Jack, I just can't stand it any more.
    I live just to see how the rich spend millions on a lavish wedding while people around them are struggling to get by in a failing economy.
    Security is costing millions alone for the bride & groom.
    You know, its one thing to be rich and spend it on your self, but to rub it in the peoples faces by show boating is another.

I'm happy for them but who cares. Oh yeah, I'll change the channel if CNN broadcast it. Maybe I'll watch the three stooges or something.

April 28, 2011 at 4:14 pm |
  52. carla george

i dont care. i wish you would continue to report on issues that concerns america.

April 28, 2011 at 4:20 pm |
  53. Kevin of SD CA

What a laugh! Spoiled brat and spoiled brat getting married! Woopy!

April 28, 2011 at 4:33 pm |
  54. Tom Mytoocents Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Jack
    I just checked, the internet claims London is 5 hours ahead of eastern daylight time. The Wedding is scheduled at 7:am London time and all pomp circus stuff over by 2:00 pm London time.
    This means I will sleep through the entire ceremony and could possibly return to all the regular programing by 12:00 am. Not that regular programing is good, it's better than watching the English Monarchy play house..

April 28, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
  55. Gerry

Fifty percent of marriages fail and end in divorce. Hope the Prince and Princess have a pre-nuptial agreement.

Gerry
    Ash Fork, Az

April 28, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
  56. Sean in Michigan

I have a room to paint. Maybe I'll watch the paint dry...that will probably be more interesting.

April 28, 2011 at 4:44 pm |
  57. Paulette in Dallas,PA

I'll watch some of it as it will be played back later in the day. The couple have been dating for 8-9 years. Please-they should have just eloped and given some of the money for this big to-do to Britains proverty stricken and homeless.

April 28, 2011 at 4:53 pm |
  58. Shawn in rockford IL

I am interested in watching this event simply for the fact that the US has nothing to compare to it. The British people have a unifying point in their country with the royal family that the US obviously needs. A unifying point would help to heal the deep divisions that exist in this country.

April 28, 2011 at 4:55 pm |
  59. Benny

I'm British and am happy for them they look good together and I hope they last. Will I watch it? No. Do I want to? No. I think its a good distraction for the country. I am well chuffed as they say that I got a bank holiday but I will be using my holidays to re acquaint myself to my favorite shopping centers.

April 28, 2011 at 4:57 pm |
  60. Sandstone.

"I was born in Britain, Jack. I served under Lizzie. It's a very expensive joke is the Royals. When Tony Blair was Prime Minister, Buckingham Palace was eventually going to be used for EEC of Europe. But Lizzie won't her pond go, because her head would go with it. Within no time at all the Euro would take over without her head on any of those coins.
    So Britain is being ignored While Lizzie's UK prertends. I won'r be watching that wedding, no more than I listen to her speeches. It's all a farce, the Tories go along with."

April 28, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
  61. Annie, Atlanta

Being a girl at heart, that whole princess meets her prince thing touches that part of me that still believes in fairy tales. Excited, no. Fascinated, definitely.

April 28, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
  62. Kathie

in a time when over 50% of weddings end in divorce I am not following it at all. the news media descending on this young couple is intrusive. let these young people alone. it is disgusting that millions are being spent on a wedding when millions don't even have enough money to survive on.

April 28, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
  63. Jane (Minnesota)

I'm exicted for it to be over, Jack. Way too much coverage beforehand.

April 28, 2011 at 5:19 pm |
  64. Kirk (Apple Valley, MN)

Ish! Enough already!

April 28, 2011 at 5:21 pm |
  65. Kevin from Montebello, California

Enough to set the DVR.

April 28, 2011 at 5:22 pm |
  66. Karl in Flint

Yes, I am very excited. I have been given special seating directly behind Queen Elizabeth, as I am the only guest tall enough to see over her hat. I will also be sitting between two other queens: Sophia of Spain and Elton John. OK, I’m joking. In reality, I don’t care. I’m not setting an alarm for 4am and I’ll be watching it, half out of casual interest and half out of nothing else on any channel to watch. With reruns and instant replay, I won’t miss a thing.

April 28, 2011 at 5:23 pm |
  67. Scott Stodden

Speaking For Myself Jack I Have To Say That Im Very Excited To See The Wedding! I Can't Wait To See What Kate's Dress Is Going To Look Like, What The Queen Will Be Wearing And Of Course What Camilla Will Be Wearing, Yup, Yup Im So Excited I'll Be Up At 3am (Cst) Time Watching CNN Allday Long!

Scott Stodden (Freeport,Illinois)

April 28, 2011 at 5:24 pm |
  68. Ken in NC

I'm about as excited as a herd of wild horses waiting to go into a glue factory.

April 28, 2011 at 5:24 pm |
  69. April, Iowa

I think it's funny for CNN to expect me to wake up at 4 am on Friday morning just to watch the wedding. If you don't want to get up you can set your DVR to record the over rated show. To think I would waste my valuable DVR space just to record a circus show like the royal wedding. Whatever.

April 28, 2011 at 5:24 pm |
  70. Mike, Iowa

The Royals really are nothing more than an outdated group of snobs. To think that the American public cares about this is maddening. Like Jack says, if the wedding took place in my living room I would stay in my bedroom.

April 28, 2011 at 5:27 pm |
  71. Deborah Seibert,. Co

I will not be up. I'm sure they will show the dress at least 1000 times during the day.

April 28, 2011 at 5:28 pm |
  72. Ralph Spyer

Jack ,this is what I live for.

April 28, 2011 at 5:37 pm |
  73. Deb

I am very happy for the couple but unless the dog needs to go out to relieve himself and I cannot go back to sleep, I doubt I will be watching the wedding "live" I am positive I will see the best of the best during the day with highlights from any one of the hundred newscasters/stations that are there to cover it.

April 28, 2011 at 5:37 pm |
  74. Jim

Jack,

I'll admit I share some of America's seemingly endless fascination with British royalty. I don't see myself getting up at one in the morning to see the wedding live, but I'll watch the news clips and wish the new couple a good life. They seem like good folks. I hope Kate is up to the pressures of life in the royal fish tank.

Jim
    Reno, Nevada

April 28, 2011 at 5:39 pm |
  75. Renee Peoria,Ill

Not very excited about the wedding but I am hoping the marriage works out better than Charles and Di. Royalty or not, I still feel sorry for those boys having to grow up with such a sad mother and then losing her at such young ages. But I do get the feeling Wills learned the lessons his father didn't. So to Will and Kate – good luck, God bless, live long and prosper, etc.

April 28, 2011 at 5:40 pm |
  76. Stephen

I'm actually very excited to see a new addition to probably one of the most beloved Royal Families in the entire world. I have a great love and respect for the British Monarchy. HM Queen Elizabeth II is a great and shining example to the entire world. I got out my British stuff such as the flags and a T-shirt that I'm going to wear to school and been drinking a ton of tea. God Save the Queen!

April 28, 2011 at 5:41 pm |
  77. Rick McDaniel

The celeb worship of royals.......is disgusting.

The media attention to someone's wedding, is disgusting.

The stupidity of human values, is pathetic.

April 28, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
  78. Linda in Arizona

Excited? I don't get excited anymore, and especially not by "royalty" and even less so by British "royalty". If I were a Brit, I'd be a republican, which means I'd be for abolishing the anachronistic and historically evil institution called the monarchy. Didn't we fight a war about that? BTW, that's the only situation that could possibly make me a republican.

April 28, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
  79. Ray in Knoxville

Jack, I rather watch a Sarah Palin reality show while having Glenn Beck in my picture in picture and listening to Rush Limbaugh on some obscure AM station.

April 28, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
  80. CoaCoac1

I am so exhausted from the Media carrying on like it's a major hoop-di- doo that i don't want to see it.

April 28, 2011 at 5:55 pm |
  81. honest John in Vermont

Excited? Not a wit.

April 28, 2011 at 6:02 pm |
  82. Jason G.,

I am very, very excited, Jack. I rank it right up there with hemorrhoid surgery, a root canal without anethesia and watching "Ishtar" 24 hours straight. By the way, would you mind having Donald Trump give me a wake up call so I don't miss it? That should make everything that's been going in in the U.S. lately perfect.

Jason
    New York

April 28, 2011 at 6:03 pm |
  83. saftgek

It is 2 people getting married – simple. If residents and former residents of the UK are excited about, that is fine.

Please stop smearing the airwaves with nauseatingly-overwhelming coverage of this event.

Let's move on and deal with truly relevant global issues, which are many and varied.

April 28, 2011 at 6:05 pm |
  84. John

The whole "royal family" thing is not my cuppa, and anyway, they're not nearly as trashy or entertaining as Donald Trump.

April 28, 2011 at 6:05 pm |
  85. Stephanie

I am not very excited at all. But I do pray that they have a warm and wonderful marriage and life together.

April 28, 2011 at 6:05 pm |
  86. Sai

Cafferty

Who cares? This is the time to think about our country, its economy, ever increasing fuel prices, Tornado victims blah blah..so much mess we have on our hands..Really I would request you to let CNN know that so much money is being thrown to cover royal wedding..wish we could something better or may be conduct townhall meeting to include Democrats and Republicans like the way we had health care debate in camera..it would be so productive and usefull...Please this is my humble request from a true USA lover!!

Thanks for giving me the oppurtunity!
    SAI

April 28, 2011 at 6:07 pm |
  87. Nancy, Tennessee

As I pull down my left eyelid, do you see any concern in this eye? As I pull down my right eyelid, do you see any concern in this eye? No didn't think so. I wish the media would get over the United Kingdom's royal family and report the gloomy mess we have on our shores.

April 28, 2011 at 6:07 pm |
  88. Trent Patrick

I couldnt care less about the wedding-but I will drink some Guiness....and still have better teeth.

April 28, 2011 at 6:08 pm |
  89. Kernan Turner

Waste of your time and money. We want news; not trivia.

April 28, 2011 at 6:09 pm |
  90. Jack - Lancaster, Ohio

Mr. Cafferty:

As a fellow curmedgeon, yes I am excited, but not in a good way. I cannot believe the planet still has the royalty thing going on that does absolutely nothing for its people. Yeah, I'm excited like the colonists here were with King George or whoever. I don't like tea either.

April 28, 2011 at 6:10 pm |
  91. wgs, PA

Jack,

Will most likely sleep in till it is over. Catch it on the 24/7 re-runs. Not like there is any real news: climate change, Afghanistan troops killing Americans, budget deficit, ways to conserve energy, alternative energy sources, health care access for all, etc.

April 28, 2011 at 6:10 pm |
  92. Donald in New Mexico

I think CNN is spending too much time and resources on a story of little interest to Americans. We have way too much going on here to care. Stay on the issues that are important to our daily lives Jack. Put the heat on what is going on here. I pray for the storm victims.

April 28, 2011 at 6:10 pm |
  93. Cee, La

I am not what you would call excited, but I will watch some of it...We are bombarded with negative news 24/7.......it will be refreshing to see something positive, and beautiful......I hope Will& Kate are happy .

April 28, 2011 at 6:12 pm |
  94. becky - Las Vegas

Getting up or staying up to watch? Not so much. All I care about the odds I'll get from the local sports book on how long the marriage will last. Wills gave Kate the engagement ring his mother was given by his father who never loved his wife. It's foreshadowing eminent doom.

April 28, 2011 at 6:12 pm |
  95. Rachel, PA

What's hilarious about all the people who 'couldn't care less' is they actually read the article about the Royals and bothered to write a comment!

I DO care and am looking forward to watching the ceremony, it's a welcome distraction from the general humdrum of life.

April 28, 2011 at 6:13 pm |
  96. lynnej in nc

Excited? I'm not getting up at 4 a.m to watch this $163,000 trainwreck.

You wanna excite me have members of Congress work at the low wage jobs (if you can find one) for a two weeks.

Just to seeing Boehner messing up a burger and fry order, not to mention the look on his face when he gets a look at his paycheck would be enough for me.

April 28, 2011 at 6:16 pm |
  97. JMBarrett

I just want to see the dress.

April 28, 2011 at 6:17 pm |
  98. Heather Crowe

Not at all. Please show some real news.

April 28, 2011 at 6:17 pm |
  99. Brent Alexandria, VA

I'd rather watch the movie "Comming to America."

April 28, 2011 at 6:17 pm |
  100. Dylan W

The idea of Royalty is a thing of the past.

April 28, 2011 at 6:17 pm |
  101. Elizabeth S.

I will get up at 4:00 am to watch because what better way to start the day than a wedding. I plan to cook a true English breakfast after the ceremony and tip my cup of tea to the happy couple. The ills of the world can be on hold for a couple of hours as we watch the continuation of the long history and tradition of England as well. Westminster Abbey is almost 1000 years old and the first King of England was crowned there in 1066. The United States is fracturing so fast that we will never see 1000 years of existence. I will be glad to hold on to one of the few countries left which has maintained its' traditions for so long.

102. Jean Strain

You wouldn't believe how underwhelmed I am~~`

April 28, 2011 at 6:18 pm |
  103. Ronda (from Canastota, NY)

I'm almost as excited about the Royal wedding as a fish is about a bicycle.

104. Zack

Not at all, there is more important news to cover then a single wedding which will not effect anyone here in the U.S. Maybe you should cover the gas/ tornadoes/ or something more significant.

105. Hannah

So excited to watch the wedding. This wedding will make history and I will absolutely be waking up at 2am to watch!

106. Joseph Kraatz, Oceanside, CA

If I got any less excited I would have to take a Valium as an upper.

107. mario perez

Monarchies seem so obsolete to me. There is no fairy tale involved with it. LOL

108. Marc Boucher

Uhh....hello!! The Space Shuttle Endeavor is blasting off on it's final mission tomorrow. A real American will put our pinky fingers back on our tea cups and salute REAL NEWS.

109. Rich

Ummm...it's not in the middle of their work day because it's a national holiday...duh

110. Neely

Hey Jack,

My brother summed it up perfectly: "We fought a war so that we don't have to care!"

Neely
    Montclair, NJ

111. David in San Jose

Not interested in watching the Royal Wedding tomorrow... Looking for must see TV...please tune in to the live webcast of me sleeping through the Royal Wedding...coverage begins live Friday at 4AM eastern/ 1AM pacific on uStream

112. Phil

I'm about as excited about the royal wedding, as i am about going to the dentist and getting teeth pulled. This means I'm not excited at all. In other words, I DO NOT CARE.

113. Elisa Lopez

No, I dont think I will be waking up that early. If it has nothing to do with my country, its not important.

114. David

I am waking up at 3am to see history being made.

115. Yomi

Very excited. Good couple, its good news, its a distraction from all the bad news one hears from you guys anyway. I wonder why you keep painting this as though its no big deal. Its good news and its a big deal, please smile, its nothing to be gloomy about

116. Jenn

We couldn't be more excited! It starts at 1 am here on the west coast!

117. Rich

I would rather eat a bar of soap

118. Alexandra

Of course even if he isn't our king. Its Exciting . Its every little girls dream to be a princess so now its happening to Kate

119. Martha Crawford

Couldn't care less, except for poor British citizens who have to pay the cost.

120. Lana Ramadan

As a Canadian, part of the Commonwealth, I am definitely not excited nor will I wake up so early to watch two people getting married...even if they are royal.

121. Over It,Ohio

Completely sick of hearing about the royal wedding...a channel flipping subject for certain and I can't wait for it to be over.

122. Jeff

No interest at all and it is slightly annoying that it is coverd so much in the media when there are far more important thing going on in the world.... congrats to them thou.

123. Jenny Chino

NO, I want it to go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

124. Jose Torres, Buena New Jersey

We are Princess Diana fans .... we wrote a book on Diana collectibles in 2003 and we even have a Diana Room in our home ..... We are so excited about William's wedding, we may make our spare bedroom the William & Kate room.

125. MMK

I can't wait! It is something positive to watch and take my mind off the troubles fo the world for a few hours. No bickering politicians, wars, or natural disasters.

126. ck

About as excited as he was with my wedding

127. ted wa.

I hate to miss it but I have more important things to do FLIP MY PANCAKE

128. Bill Herrold

I watched back-to-back episodes of The Tudors instead.

129. Spencer McAlpine

What royal wedding?
    I'm worried about how I'm going to fill up my wife's car, my car, keep food onm y table and hopefully put some more cash in the bank. Good luck to the young couple, I wish them the best. But that wedding is not my priority.

130. C

I couldn't care less. We are in America and they are in England so why does anybody care? I think it is a total waste of time to be even thinking about this. Let's focus on our own countries problems and not a wedding in another country! And the normal humdrum of life is much more interesting than this! Who cares? Not me.

131. Lizzy10

I think it's nice, but not so much a have to see. I'm not planning to get up at 6am on my day off to watch. I will watch recaps later in the day-I won't lie I want to see that dress. I can't wait to see the Kathy Griffin special about the whole thing, but that's just the snarky part of me.

132. Jamar

Jack: He is not even our Prince. Why should I be excited? Its no reason to getting all emotional about a fantasy wedding. What should focused on is how do we stop having 55% divorce rates! Thank you.

133. Julie

It's almost physically impossible for me to care any less. This is America! Why on earth would I spent time thinking about the British royal family?
    Not to mention there are around 300 people (and counting) dead from a horrible natural disaster in our own country, who are losing their news air time to this stupid wedding.

134. Sally

wouldn't getup @ 4 AM for my own wedding

135. CAREYH

I care as a mother and one who followed Princess Diana's journey from maiden kindergarten teacher to most photographed woman in the world while enduring the smothering presence of paparazzi, the inattention of her husband, the indifference of her mother-in-law, and the scrutiny of everyone waiting for her failure.
    This wedding isn't about Catherine and William, it's about the triumph of Diana beyond the grave. She's raised and influenced the growth of a fine man that any mother would be proud of.
    I follow this wedding for her.

136. Kevin

The British royals are a farce. They are simply parasites sucking the life out of the British taxpayers. I couldn't care less about Billy and Kate – I don't with them ill – I just don't care about their wedding, their life, or anything else to do with them. I would care to see how much money the British government spends on their protection, housing, transporation, etc. We fought two wars against the British to get out from under their King – why any American would invest an ounce of time or energy into the royals is beyond me.

137. Todd

Ecited about royals?..........I just assume kiss a Wookie........

138. Mac

I wish the couple the best, but I could care less and can't wait for this event to be over with and we can get back to more important issues.

139. Carl, Toronto, Ontario

My roommate is having a double holiday tomorrow because it's both the wedding and his birthday. I am therefore extremely excited about the wedding... because it's on his birthday.

140. Sue

I think The Royal Wedding might have been better had there not been so much pre-coverage. I was very excited to watch it, but now I feel "Weddinged out". I'll check online to get a glimpse of Kates dress, but that won't be until well later than 4AM.

141. Timmy C.

Can't help but see it everywhere any time you turn on the T.V, but hope it last longer than the last Royal marriage

142. oscar De leon

Why would anyone care about those Royal parasites, all that money they will spend should be put to good use, like feeding the dying children all over the world. And those really interested in it, learn something that really matters to Americans.. Like Corporate Persona, or who's paying for repeal Obama care campaign

143. Chris

Jack, tomorrow night me and my brother are having our Eagle Scout ceremony. That seems like a big deal, just a little bit. A wedding is good, but its two people I don't know in a country across the Atlantic, now which sounds more important?

144. Jon, North Carolina

The entire event doesn't affect me at all. Let's focus on Libya and Syria (and efforts to stop/prevent further conflicts) before giving so much publicity to a meaningless marriage in a foreign government.

145. Stacie in Tarpon Springs, FL

Im a huge Royal watcher and Princess Diana fan. I will definitely be setting my alarm for 4am before I go to bed tonight so I can watch the pre-wedding coverage and the wedding, live!!!

146. Richard

To the Royal Family:
    With all do respect...we left you behind years ago. This wedding may mean a great deal to England, but we have bigger issues to deal with in the USA. May the be forever happy. But I couldn't care less. Lets put our people back to work and not worry about all this Pomp and circumstance.

147. erica

we are very excided and will get up early 2 watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

148. george mendes

Not at all. I see no reason to care. The real love story is in Florida at
    Cape Canaveral. Geo

149. Nick from Vancouver British Columbia Canada

Jack...I can tell you that I am exactly as excited about this wedding, as I am about going to the dentist!

150. Matt

You guys are covering the ENTIRE event? really? Jack theres much more important things to talk about. We had enough of the Birther nonsense. Now we have to waste time again by covering a wedding in another Country? were an independent Country Its not like were seeing our future leaders.

151. Lorraine

With all the problems in the USA... No Jobs, GOP trying to take everything away for the middle class... and all the stupidity from the Birthers.. and all the new people can do is go over and talk about the wedding... It is SO SAD... SO SAD... I guess this another dumming of America... Keep them busy with stupid things and they will not notice the important things

152. Susan

OMG! Of couse I will be watching at 3am. I have been waiting for this wedding for years. I would have taken the day off but I am already off due to the bad economy. I love the Royals and just wish we had some in the US but at least we have them.

153. Dan Ca.

I'll be happy when it's over. Then we won't have to hear about it.

154. Sawyer

there's a financial crisis going on. there's more things to worry about than some wedding happening across the ocean. After three days, i'll actually be able to watch the news or go on the internet without hearing about the royal wedding for once.

the Americans seem to care more about this wedding than the Brits.

Kansas

155. Janel

Frankly, I don't get it!

It is sickening how many "high paid" media are going across the pond for this spectacle. I'd prefer they donate the cost to the victims of our recent tornadoes or to the people in Japan.

The sad fact is we have lost our values. . .and our "media" are promoting this!

156. Ben

I'm not excited in the least. In fact, I'm very disappointed to see such a non-issue on the news while I'm trying to get ready for work in the morning. I want to know what's going on in the world. I don't care about the lives of people who are born into wealth, making them instant celebrities.

157. Michelle

I really couldn't care less. I think it's pretty ridiculous that CNN is going to spend the day covering a wedding that has no effect on the American people.

158. Yoichi Rengiil

Hafa Adai from Guam:

Jack, I am as excited as a man watching a worm crawl out of the ground. I would rather watch Donald Trump making a stupid fool of himself about Obama's birth certificate than watch this wedding. Yoichi

159. Jimmy Hollingshead

Zzzzzz.... How I feel about it and what I'll be doing during.

160. Kalid

I honestly could care less. There are better things to be excited about...like the Canadian election!

161. Corey, Hamlet, nc

I'm not excited at all Jack. Ok, I'm african american, and my forefathers were probly brought over the "royal family's" peasants. So what jack, i got bills, high gas prices, and a boatload of other stuff and they have the nerve to tell me about their 30 million dollar wedding. You want to get me excited? Take gas prices back to the days of Clinton. We don't even know if their British. Can I see their birth certificates? oh, I don't have ANY of my caucasian counter parts to enthused about the wedding either. Really Jack?

162. Kevin in Albuquerque

Congratulations to the Royal family and my apologies too, I am not all that excited about the Royal Wedding and will not be watching. I will be watching the Space Shuttle launch instead, after that i may pop in and check it out. Sorry, Big Smile !!

163. Shirley Smith

Yes, I will be getting up at 4:00 a.m. in the morning to watch this Royal
    Wedding. I was up watching when Diana and Charles were married and thought it was lovely,looking forward to Kate and William's as well. I just wish Diana could be there with them, believe she is in Spirit thanks to the Bride and Groom.

164. Miss Julie

Yes, I have been following the event on Nightly News. Yes, I am planning on getting up and watching the event. I just wish that Camilla would excuse herself and NOT show up out of respect to the late Princess Diana. She"s done enough damage to the young Prince's family. Miss Julie, USA

165. Valerie

so I watch and wonder... what good are these two newbees to the world... are they worth the buck? watch with bleeried eyes this morning and give your best analysis..... just like everyone with a microphone. And after the honeymoon? life goes on and on. What does it all matter except for those wanting to make a buck. Sit back and watch the next axis power strong up for nothing under their belt.

166. Pat

I have been keeping up with the Wedding and will watch it. It helps to see something beautiful and peaceful among all the garbage going on in our country plus around the world. Romance and Love can survive, thank goodness.

167. Mary Linda

I am very excited about the Royal Weding and although I have not been following the countdown I plan to watch the wedding! Its lovely to see sometning beautiful and uplifting on your network for a change.

168. Cassie Araujo

Who really cares to watch rich royal people get married? Spending only God knows how much money on this. If they were really for the people, they should take that money they are spending on the wedding, and give some to help the needy. That would make bigger news to me.

169. John Kelley

I'll get up in the morning, turn on Morning Joe and watch their show. If we see the wedding, I'll have breakfast with my wife and watch it as I eat.

170. Angie, NY

Actually, "Rachel, PA." I watched the news to begin with. Secondly we have every right to express our indifference in the event as you have to tell us how it tickles you so. They asked and we answer.

Congrats to the couple but I am not waking up to watch it or even going out of my way to read up on it. Frankly I am tired of all the hype trying to created viewer interest. No one really cares so media is trying to create a demand for access to it. Plain and simple

171. Cecilia, GA

I'm not excited about the Royal Wedding on Friday, but I am excited about what's happening on Sunday - the beatification of John Paul II. Now, that's something to celebrate - a life of someone lived for the lives of others.

172. Kattsy

Can't say I am "super excited," but I love a good media feeding frenzy. The dvr is already set.

173. JudyB

I have had the wedding date on my calendar for weeks. I would not miss it. I got up at 4 a.m. for Diana's wedding, Diana's funeral, and can't wait for tomorrow morning. The Brits do pomp and circumstance so beautifully.

174. Cynthia Barley

Any wedding is exciting to some extent. However, I am not much on royals, actors, Trumps or mouthy politicians. Due to the extensive coverage by all media on the planet. I plan not to turn the TV on at all tomorrow.

175. louise

Its time we had something to smile about with so much devastation going on around us. Let us have a hero for a few hours even if its a wedding in another country.

176. Sharon Gimbel

Extremely excited about Wills and Kates Wedding!

God Bless them!

177. MontelJordan

I can't wait for this historical moment! Some of the comments I had read so far was just plain cruel and mean. Some said "I don't care...what a waste of money and time" WELL I SAY BRING THE ROYAL WEDDING ON! I live all the way on the other side of the world from London. And i'm sure my home country (Bahamas) is very excited to watch and to get up for them...Who cares if its a work day...I dont! Any way I already have my alarm clock set! And Looking forward to watching it on CNN! Whoo! Can't Wait! Congrats to Prince William and futher Princess Kate Middletton! Love you both!

178. Ricky

Why would I be excited? We fought an independence war so we would not have to care about the Royal Family anymore. In addition, the Queen and her future successor are just figureheads.

April 28, 2011 at 6:22 pm |
  179. Pam Malafronte

VERY Excited–The whole affair is so beautiful; this kind of wedding is a REAL life storybook romance and wedding of ROYALS...every little girls dream is to marry a prince. Most of us, commoners, kiss a frog and it turns into a man in a white tank top and shorts slurping beer and burping, shouting at sports figures on TV. Yup, we yearn to see what "classy" really is! LOL.

April 28, 2011 at 6:22 pm |
  180. Tami, Outer Banks NC

I am interested and I will get up a little early to watch the activity, beats listening to Donald Trump, Gas Prices, Middle East issues, Tornadoes, Tsunami's & Earth Quakes...what's wrong with a little time spent on a "joyful" event? I think it will be a pleasant change

April 28, 2011 at 6:22 pm |
  181. Judith Condon

I saw Queen Elizabeth get married on black and white TV, Dianne and Charles in Color and now William and Kate in high dencsity. My alarm is set for 4 a.m.
    Judith

April 28, 2011 at 6:22 pm |
  182. PK California

OH YES!!!!! When my sisters and I were little we used to think that we all were princesses and would live in England. You see, my father was born there and came to the US at 5 with his mother. We know nothing beyond that so our imaginations were free to go where we sent them. We sent them to England and still think we may be related to royalty and one of us may be QUEEN someday!!!! What do you think, Jack?

183. Flyingwolf, Manchester NH

The only way i'd be interested in the royal wedding would be if an earthquake, tsunami, tornado or Momar Ghadafi showed up in the middle of it.

184. Joseph Setton

Who cares about this nonsense event! The whole royal family couldn't send one troop to iraq even if they wanted to. They play no significant role in any major decision making with regards to things that really effect people. Times have changed. Making a big deal over this whole (Pointless) royal event is like sending Paulie Shore to Russia to negotiate arms reduction! There is not point!!!!!

185. Christine

Happy that they are sharing these vows but its their wedding and I am neither here nor there. Would rather look at a re-run of I Dream of Jeannie

186. Steve- Philly

I don't care at all. There is no way I would wake up and watch a wedding for some people I don't know. Congrats to the happy couple I guess, but when we won the Revolutionary War, it meant that we no longer have to care about the British Crown.

187. RD

She is cold, so I careless. Prince William probably didn't get to make the guest list, so it's just a Royal Parade. It's not really a wedding. She couldn't even wait for the wedding before getting knocked up. In addition, Kate doesn't have the grace of Princess Diana.

188. Nora

I am very excited. I am tired of hearing about gas prices going up, tired about wondering why it took Pres. Obama years to show his birth certificate to the media, tired about worrying why more Americans can't find jobs & why all our industry has gone overseas. So, I am looking forward to waking up at 4am to watch the royal wedding festivities with a large group of fun-loving Americans. Then I'll go to work for the day & do what I do to earn a living.

189. Boston

Really shocked at the amount of US news coverage of this event about which very few care, and obviously so. Appalled by shallow expressions of interest by on-air newspeople. Really should make one wonder why the media repeatedly chooses to cover distraction instead of important issues.

190. Brandon Brown

Sir, not only am I not excited about the royal wedding, I'm very surprised that the British are still supportive of these anacronisms. I'm not terribly sure where the royal family's money comes from, but I have a feeling that it comes from, ultimately, the pockets of the British citizenry. What, exactly, do they contribute? How much money has been spent on this spectacle? Times being what they are the world over, there should be revolution and not ebullience.

191. Emylee McBrearty

It will be a great break from hearing what's his name rant on and on and on about birth certificates and etc., etc., etc.

192. charles pierre-jacques

jack who cares about the royal wedding. after all he slept with her for so many years and now she is going to be a virgin princess. give me a break. why dont us american spend all that money here on us and give some to the government to pay our bills. that way we can reduce our debt.

please tell me how much we are spending on this wedding even that its not in our country.

why dont we mind our own business here in america.

193. beth

I'm a news junkie and love to watch CNN, especially Anderson Cooper. I've been watching the coverage at night and will be taping CNN's coverage of the wedding so I can watch it when I get home. Watching the coverage will be a welcome change from hearing Donald Trump's voice. His voice is so loud and grating, it makes me jump whenever he first comes on.

194. Sharron Harper

I wanted to be excited about it but I have seen so much news about it that I am already tired of hearing about it. Have you ever heard of the adage "less is more"? I don't think this applies to food but it sure does apply to the media coverage of this wedding.

San Isidro del General, Costa Rica

195. Ronnie Peduzzi-Pittsburgh

I'm in a quandary about the royal wedding. While I'm not exactly thrilled with the Royals because they don't permit marrying a Catholic (which I am), but make no mention of atheists – or any other religion – I am curious because William is Diana's son. She seemed to be "one of us", which annoyed the Queen! I'm really hoping her son has the happiness she always wanted for her children.
    I am recording it though – no 4:00 a.m. for me!

196. Christi

I am so excited that the wedding is almost...OVER WITH. I am tired of hearing about it constantly. Every channel, all the time. Enough already!!

197. socksey

from oklahoma, i'm very excited about the royal wedding! i plan to be up at 3 am to watch! ;)))

198. Ronni

Am planning a Royal Wedding Party actually. Just some fun between the gals at a time when war rages in as many places as the weather sends devastation.

What is a few Mimosa's (with Crumpets and Tea, of course) between friends watching what I believe Dianna would have been happy to have attended.

There is much tragedy in the world and am stopping a few minutes on this day to watch a celebration of happiness.

Ronni Albuquerque

199. Jim Pryor

VERY INTERESTED! How often does this happen in one's lifetime.

200. Tammy

I will watch clips of the wedding...for only 10 seconds. The coverage the wedding is receiving is ridiculous. We have many other things going on in the world as well. I am just not that interested.

201. pat

Interesting article. By the way, the citizens have been given the day off for the wedding, thus it is not interfering in their "work day". I will be watching...it is a part of a long and fascinating history. The monarchy may not last much longer, but while it does I am interested as much as I am in Ireland, Iceland, Germany, etc. All part of what makes up our crazy but beautiful world.

202. Ryan

Thanks so much for asking Mr. Cafferty,
    I will not be watching, and cannot wait until the media gets back to work.

203. Elizabeth Mays

Actually, I'm tired of hearing negative news, rising prices,etc and excited about the coverage of a wedding, especially a Royal Wedding. It's exciting, it's positive and it's refreshing and will start my day in a positive way. Thanks for the coverage and do it in a positive way. We don't want to hear so much negativity.

204. Joseph- Alberta,Canada

I can quite honestly say as a Canadian that I am generally quite excited for the Royal wedding. Being a country in the Commonwealth is something most Americans don't understand I think but we do have a special connection to our royal family and it will be great to see our future king and Queen-consort married! I'll be up at 4am to see it in all its splendor!

205. Cavan in Laguna Beach

It's great to see nice young people get married, and especially with the pomp and splendor. But really this could do with a ten-minute news summary after the wedding - including some of the nicer photo ops. I doubt if many folks are as excited as Good Morning America and all them are, with their exhaustive, exhausting, silly and tiresome coverage every day for more than a week now. More Gaddafi, less William & Kate.

206. Solomon

We just finished dealing with Obama’s birth place, now we have to deal with a foreign country royal wedding. I am just wondering, when are we going to deal with the most important issues such as the economy, gas price, and unemployment?

207. Daniel

I am somewhat excited about the wedding, I suppose. I'm a child of divorce, so I hope their wedding lasts. Everyone seemed to be having a good time on Piers Morgan and Anderson Cooper yesterday, there seemed to be lots of thriving tourism. While there are more important things going on, I don't see a problem with Diana's son getting married.

208. Carla Brunson

Very excited.....I will be up at 3 am to watch......I am 45 years old and I have watched the weddings of princess anne, charles and diana, andrew and fergie, and edward and sophie and I will not miss this one.....so much tradition and every girl wishes she were marrying a prince.......it's like the super bowl for those of us who still believe in fairy tales.......I know, three of the marriages mentioned above have not faired well, but at the moment they occured, it still gave us hope that love would prevail......

209. stephen

Jack, thank goodness someone in the royal-ly giggly media actually asked this question. The answer is obvious: with all the serious issues Americans are confronted with at the moment, watching a born-into-endless wealth and privilege couple get married is nowhere on our list of priorities...and nowhere near as important as the scurrying media morons pretend it is.

210. Dan

I'm up at 4 a.m. and will be satisfied watching MASH reruns, instead of looking at a pretend Princess Di and Charles wedding ! The pizazz just isn't there.

211. anne

Yes, I am excited about the royal wedding! I will get up a little earlier to watch it, and will record the whole thing to watch on the weekend. I watched Charles and Di's wedding, and I'm thrilled to watch another fairy tale wedding.

212. Vernon Knox

Hey, I hope they have a blast. I lived in England when Prince Charles was crowned Prince of Wales. There is nothing like the pomp and glory of the British monarchy.

213. Maura

I'm absolutely thrilled about the Royal Wedding. It will be nice to have a few hours without Donald Trump and Sarah Palin telling us how smart and wonderful they are.

I will be up at 1 a.m. with my tea and biscuits at the ready..

214. Barbara Kimball

Jack, you sour thing you. 😉 I can't speak for everyone, but it's not the dress or the tiara or guest list or anything as trivial as that about the wedding that I want to experience. I want to be moved. I want to shed happy tears! With the worldwide state of affairs these days, people, me included, just want something happy to celebrate. And the fact that William's choice of bride has cracked the old, stuffy aristocratic code of yore added to the fact that it seems this union has a real chance of success are reasons to celebrate! Jack, Jack, Jack, do you scoff at birthday celebrations? Christenings? Is there a tender bone in your body? Come on, dude, you aren't that cold, are you?

215. Brad

I honestly could care less about the royal wedding. We just had the worst tornadic outbreak in U.S. history yesterday! We need to focus on relief efforts and finding people in Alabama and other states affected by this disaster and not focus on a wedding that has no impact on the U.S. My heart and prayers go out to those affect by this horrific disaster!

216. Alex Koeda

I along with the majority of Americans I would assume could care less about this royal wedding that takes up all the time of all media stations. I would much rather be hearing about Problems and Solutions that we are dealing with in America. Seriously our country is facing huge economy problems and disasters and still the media is spending almost half there network time covering a ridiculous wedding in another country.

217. Paul Martin

As I type this I'm sitting in my home office with the television on in the adjoining room (CNN) and I just heard your invitation to write on your blog concerning my thoughts about the wedding. Frankly, I think the media blitz of this event is ridiculous! I think that any one with no vested interest in the wedding who is giving any degree of attention to the matter is an idiot and void of anything resembling a real life. (Thank you for the opportunity to vent. So therapeutic!)

Paul Martin
    Phoenix, AZ

218. La Pompadour

I truly don't care much about this wedding. There are many other issues important to England right now. A Queen that claims 60,000 hectares of land. This kingdom has ripped off all the wealth from their colonies from Africa to India, from Ceylan to Pakistan. The Queen is greedy and will never give up until her last breath. Charles will never be King and William, I doubt if he would be a King one.The French were right when they got rid of the last Monarch! it is fake and nonsense! VIVE LA REVOLUTION! VIVE LA REPUBLIQUE ! EN BAS LA MONARCHIE!

219. Susan Marcus

I am as excited to see this royal wedding as I would be watching any parasites mate.

220. Denise in CA

I am very excited and I will be up watching it live. Most Americans can't relate to the British Monarchy because it is not part of our tradition so to us it is usually considered a huge waste of time and money. I think it is wonderful that William is doing something that his mother was not given the opportunity to do....be in a marriage where two people actually love and adore each other. It will be so refreshing to watch this wedding and finally see her gown and not be subjected to the stupid antics of Donald Trump.

221. Marie

Yes, BECAUSE I am sick of the world-ending stories. I guess our world has lost its heart, how "above love" you all must be, good for you. When you die of heart attacks of strokes because of your stone-faced, Puritanical outlooks, I'm sure 1/6th of the world's population won't be watching on t.v.

222. Michael

I'm interested to the extent that the royal couple will pay $3,000.00 a night for lodging while it takes 3 months for my 92 year old mother to gather that much money for good ole social security.

223. John Knight

I'm more excited about the wedding than I was about The President's inauguation.

224. Thomas

A distant cousin is getting married later this year. It holds just as much interest.

225. mr. & mrs. julio romero - new jersey

i am so excited about this wedding, that i am going to take a sleeping pill and hope to get up the next day.My wife and i agree.

226. Rapidan

You could not pay me enough (unless you went to six figures) to awake three hours before sunup, for a wedding. Not even my own. Let's see, a woman I'll never meet, who ain't all that hot anyway – marrying a prig with five last names who stands to inherit the most vain title man has ever bestowed upon a man. A monarch? Leave it to the butterflies. A king? Leave that to Elvis, LeBron, or Jesus Christ.
    And who's to say he won't follow daddy's path and keep a twinkie on the side – or that the marriage will even last. Puh-leeze. CBS, CNN, ABC, AND NBC surely could have found a better way to blow off the millions they've wasted, and the millions more for tomorrow..... when America doesn't care.
    Me? I won't even watch to :20 second voice over on the news Friday night.

227. Susan from Idaho

Very, this is a couple that deserve all the best.

228. Miss M

I am not excited !! The only thing this wedding is, is a
    beautiful distraction! Pure Fluff!

229. Pat Griffith

Are we so comfortable with all the wars. Or, are we truly a global family enjoying an historical event. and smiling for a change. I hope the latter.

230. Gary Miller

About as excited as getting a root canal.........

Smithfield, NC

231. Anddy

I wasn't there but I do remember something called the Revolutionary War, a few years ago. I have NO INTEREST AT ALL in the skinny girl marrying the goofus of an imaginary "Royal" family. If the Brits want to sepnd their money on it, too bad. There are many more important things in the world than this stupid wedding. American TV about this will not be watched by me.

232. Ted

The excess focus of the media, if not offensive is at least exhausting. With the economic woes of the world it is sad to see such opulence. ditto for our own American "royalty" !

233. Ann Alba

Being British & Living In Canada I am Very excited .. Mainly for sentimental reasons after all William Is his Mothers Son, Even though Kate Family are in the money so to speak she still is a commoner so it's a Cinderella story for me.
    Diana would have loved Kate I was very moved that they used THE RING.
    Ann Alba

234. Sawyer

And as soon after they stop getting all of this media attention, i bet they break up.

Kansas

235. Linda in Arizona

Reading some of the comments above that it's "every little girl's dream to become a princess", I just want to say, I was a little girl once, and it certainly wasn't my dream to become a princess. I wanted a horse.

236. Karina

I think that a fair portion of Americans are interested in the Royal Wedding, with most of these Americans being younger and female. I know that at my college numerous people are having watching parties at 4am and having fun a lot of fun with it. Though polling may not reflect it, there are many people interested in this Wedding, as it is a time to witness a real life fairy tale and forget about reality, at least for a couple of hours.

237. camille

I think the Royal wedding is exciting and I will be watching it on TV. I think that Kate and William are more than just the future King and Queen. They are young and everyday people who try to be as normal as they can be. They show love and valve what marriage is, which is something we all need to do. Hopefully, they will bring some warmth into the Royal family, and offer changes. Afterall, Kate is not of Royalty. She is just a normal young girl who happen to fall in love with a prince. I wish them both the best now and always. Congrads!

238. John Wilson, Milwaukee, WI

I am about as excited about the Royal Wedding as I am about sitting on my porch watching the grass grow.

The 21st century is really about time we rid the world of kings, queens, monarchs, royal families, etc... Having just returned from the UK, I can tell you about 70-75% of the people in the UK despise THE ROYALS…

This is all so middle ages junk!

239. robin

I am very exited, i have been following cnn to all broadcast that relates to royal wedding, and i think we should be happy for somebody else's wedding too.

Weding is something happy, not something sad or whatever bad feeling you have about them

240. Sandra jones

I am very excited about the Royal Wedding. There is so much in depth news about all the catastrophes, wars, and mind boggling budget deficits that to watch two people in love in the most spectacular wedding of a life time is spiritually up lifting. My Welsh husband, on the other hand, is marginally interested at best!

241. Al Fontaine

About the wedding , COMMONER (REALLY) ? Among my circle of friends the guys say she's hot and the girls say the same of Will . That's about it .Oh and the amount of UK TAX PAYER money being spent on the wedding . If it were me in Will's place , I would spend the bear minimum (OK they are Royal so a few million) and the rest that would have been spent use on the poor or homeless in honor of Princess Di .

AL-E-CAT (Team SCAR MMA)

242. Lynn

In case THEY haven't heard...There are multiple wars going on, the world economy is in the toilet, natural disasters are at an all time high, political corruption is rampant, record numbers are homeless, etc. Yeah...All we really need to know is...What color are Kate's shoes?

243. tony

no intereset in waking up early or watching it we Americas have better things to watch like the Lives that we lost in the south by the severed weather...

244. Angela

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that American news networks are dedicating ANY time into covering the Royal Wedding. Their responsibility is to inform, not entertain. Maybe it's just me, but I will not be watching the festivities.

245. Sandy

You know what, Jack? Your comments make me angry. Maybe sometimes we NEED a little fantasy in our lives. I watch CNN daily and am sick of disasters, wars and the ugliness of this world. This is a FUN event which I intend to watch..if only to make me feel good for a few hours.

246. Pierre Senecharles

Who cares about the Royal wedding. America is obsessed with anything that they don't have. Perhaps America should have another Camelot family to portray as as our own Royal weddings. The money the network are paying to cover this wedding could have been used for something more positive.

247. CalifornianKing

I would care less about the royal wedding because i got better things to worry about like the alabama problem, as well as the gas prices jumping up, and our troops. Kate and William arent goint to do anything to make any of this better, so i really dont care.

248. Doris Lauter

Since they have been living as man and wife for years, the thrill is gone. Just give them a piece of paper to make it legal.
    Doris
    Ojai, California

249. Neil

Complete waste of time & money! How many jobs could have been created with the money spent on this worthless media coverage.

250. Theresa

I'm not so much excited as I am interested. It will be fun to watch. I remember getting up in the early AM when I was a little girl to watch Charles and Diana. I don't think my daughter will get up with me tomorrow, but hey, that's what dvr's are for. I suspect there will be a lot more people watching than the polls indicate. No one wants to say they care all that much about something so seemingly trivial and perhaps inappropriately lavish, but it is fun to watch and a heck of a lot better than a lot of other TV trash.

Theresa
    Melbourne, Florida

251. Joe in Minnesota

Who cares? What a colossal waste of time and money. The only ones who seem to care about this are the news media. I am sick of it already......come on news people, why so much emphasis on this?

252. Max Turner

I might be slightly, just because Britain has money to support a Monarchy, but with this nation in crisis, I can't care.

253. Kelly Bailess

I am thrilled, and yes I am following it closely, and yes-I will get up. This is historic, and will be beautiful. It is also a joyful, lovely, celebration. The world needs more of these.

Your comments are ridiculous and you should consider your sources. The "pole" you quoted is – as you reported – from an anti-monarchy group. It should be dismissed, entirely.

And do not ridicule me for being interested in this occasion. The English monarchy is the very essence of history – and entwined with our own.

Kelly Bailess

254. Robby Robinson

In a time where the headlines are filled with death and destruction, terrorism and war, it is understandable that the royal wedding is not high on the list of importance to the world.
    However, even a momentary distraction from the world that we know can be magical when seen through the eyes of my little girl, yes my love, sometimes fairy tales are real and for a moment , a princess you shall be.

255. Chelo

Jack, I really don't care about the Royals. We are under a major economy crisis around the world and these people are spending millions on a wedding. Boo whoo! I think they they are getting more rich as they sell the souverniers and etc. and the mainstream is getting pooer. Wake up people! If I was Kate, I would have said the hell with the big wedding and focus on a small ceremony with family and friends and that way it would have made it more romantic and less expensive and possibly save some money .

256. Mike B.

Oh, I am SO excited! I cannot wait to see the union of these two ultimate children of privilege as they tie a very expensive knot at taxpayer expense.

This isn't history being made. History would be the British taxpayers getting fed up and abolishing this silly charade once and for all by abolishing the monarchy and cutting off these ultimate welfare bums from their checks.

257. Amelia C.

Yes, I will get up early and watch. It is nice to see something positive happening in this sad world.

258. Jean

Jack
    I am as much excited in this royal wedding as I was in the royal hair of Donald Trump.
    Jean
    Montreal, Canada,

April 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  259. Gabe from NY

With all the problems in the world this is not on my list for a must see event. However the pomp and ceremony of a royal wedding is a nice contrast from all the terrible events happening around this complex world every day..

April 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  260. Ronnie West Palm Beach, FL

It truly is a shame that Princess Diana is not alive...she would have most likely talked her son into sensible low-key nuptials...and a large charitable contribution to one of the many worthwhile charities that she was involved with...as a former "Royal" she despised the institution...the effects of Prince William still being felt...

April 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  261. Brittney M

Like you said no one can turn to a station or open a paper without hearing about the royal wedding its sicking how all everyones talking about is the royal wedding its not going to do anything for america its crazy! with all thats going on here

April 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  262. mary, Petoskey, michigan

I am very excited about the Royal Wedding and I plan to get up at 4am to watch CNN for the whole broadcast. It is something bright we can treat ourselves with for a whole day of misery of the stupid things going on in our country's government. Donald Trump may not run and he may not be perfect BUT he has nailed some very important issues. Obama is incompetent and we need a business person to run our country. I am very excited for tomorrow with the wedding and for the Florida space launch as well. God Bless America and for all the people who are as excited as me about a fun day.

April 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  263. E

The coverage has nothing to do with the current independant colonies over here. We are doing just fine without wasting our time with their pomp and circumstance. Actually with the state of our economy, truly devastating natural disasters, huge budget deficit, and the horrific human slaughter happening to people who just want to be free "I'm proud" that the media can block off a whole day to cover a ceremony that doesnt effect anyone, about anything!

April 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  264. Miguel Suarez

Much a'do about nothing!
    It appears that this is a couple in love, as should all those who marry.
    I wish them the best and hope that they can restore some of the decorum lost to the "royal" family.
    I am exacerbated to see how much attention the media has placed on this inconsequential event; specially in the light of the middle east civil protests, which is now basically uncovered!

April 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  265. derf

I could not care less about the wedding. A 30 second video voice over at the end of the day would give all I need to know.

April 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  266. James Guillebeau

No! I'm not interested in Kate and Will's wedding. It's nice they have found one another but the most amazing thing is that all the news media is copying one another. No matter where you tune you get the same diatribe. They do everything the same. They all subscribe to the same dictum that Americans want a steady diet of superficial crap. We have the most significant tornado since the 70's and the media is still infatuated with Kate and Will's big day. Warm Fuzzies and the Advertising department has taken over the News Department. Edward R, Murrow was correct when he said: "...is just a box with colored lights." James Guillebeau

April 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  267. Dieter

This is a concern to me not one bloody iota! I am not related to them. I do not know them. They are not freinds of a freind. What sort of vapid dolt would thrust themselves into the fray as if they were witnessing the 3rd marriage of their 1st cousin? Personally, if I am not asked to join in for a pint, I do not care to witness the nuptuals.

Merchant Seaman/ Seattle

April 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  268. Susan Fricker

Some Americans are looking for the fairy tale princess type story they grew up on actually happening. I hope they are happy and feel for the scrutiny of their personal life the public media will put them under, I could care less. But I do think the Americans that have gone there are looking for an excuse to escape for a bit from the things we are going thru here. (but these folks have the moola to actually go aren't exactly hurting either) And if it puts money into an economy that is also struggling good for them.......we need more things here to entice others to come and spend here. I also think a lot of Americans are drawn by the history of it all. Even here in Boston,with one of the longest historic areas...you can only go back to the Pilgrims, and mostly to the 1700's for buildings to visit.....I would love to visit the sites of history there....the history of Britain is a part of ours. But this wedding is just fluff to me.

April 28, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  269. Vincent, NC

I couldnt care less about this, ppl in general shouldt care about this theres a war goin on right now, I know most americans probably forgot that. i guess a British "Prince" is more inportant than all the dead and injured troops and those still fighting... your welcome America.

270. Avril E. Worrall-Benstead

I am going to join the Tea Party at midnight tonight in La Mesa.
    Looking forward to watching THE WEDDING with like minded people.
    England is having a day's holiday tomorrow to celebrate.
    I am so excited I can't wait for the TV to start showing all the guest arriving and for the whole show to begin.
    I love our Royal family and pleased to see how much American's do too
    Yippppppeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

271. Ruby

No way would I miss this huge event.
    There is so much ugliness happening in the world, how refreshing to have something nice happening in the news for a change. I am sick of the politicians slamming each other, the government not doing their jobs, OPEC raping us, our young dying on foreign soils.............every day on the news it is something horrible.
    I need the refreshment and yes, I will get up and watch the happy event, LIVE. No one can put on a gala like the Brits.

272. carlos

with so much diaster in weather plus up rising, people that are trying to kill us. the media want to cover this wedding that no one cares, migth as well cover the prices in china

273. steve

54 here Jack, been married twice myself, wasn't all that excited about either one of them..... enough said.

274. PugMum

Over the moon with excitement for the royals. We've planned an all nite celebration - featuring all British food & drink - while watching all of the pre-game and wedding coverage. Once the vows have been exchanged, we will toast the happy couple with champagne and enjoy a formal British breakfast........and then sneak in a few winks before the work day begins.
    CHEERS!

April 28, 2011 at 6:28 pm |
  275. Andrea (Great Mills, MD)

Yes, theirs may be a cute modern love story, but that's not our royal family, and we've plenty to worry about on this side of the world. No offense to the beautiful couple, but I'd like to see actual news stories on the news. Weddings are easier to cover than budget debates or the debt ceiling. And of course it's a fun distraction, but to sink so much time, manpower and money into another country's royal wedding seems absurd, considering what's going on right here at home.

276. Garry Lawson

If I made a list of the top 1000 things that excite me, the Royal Wedding would not come close to making the list.

Garry in Georgia

277. Anita

I'm not particularly excited & certainly won't be up early to watch.
    The polls in at least 2 countries, (plus count this Canadian in too), show real distinterest, but it seems the media in the U.S. & Canada are all gaga if their blanket coverage & breathless delivery is to be taken seriously.
    Looks to me like just another example of the media everywhere working overtime to fill airtime 24/7.
    Give us a break & admit there isn't enough newsworthy happening
    to justify bombarding us with the same pictures, the same comments,
    24 hrs a day, day after day, week after week.
    Yawn.

278. Cfid

Give me a break, the only people that seem to be really excited about this are media types, such as your compadre Wolf. Is it a ratings thing?

I am really tired of hearing about it 24/7, who cares.

279. Megan

During a time when we are inundated with death, destruction, poverty & despair by the media I find it to be a welcome break from the sad realities of our day. I am a busy, working mother of 3 but I still intend to get up a little earlier than normal to watch the wedding with my 8 year old daughter and look forward to being a part of that happy memory for her.

280. Sharon VanParys

I was excited about Diana's marriage and am very excited about this one. There is just something about royalty that is so special. Something we don't have in this country. I wonder if Kate will be able to handle the royal life better than Diana could.

281. Eileen

Very. I'm very excited about the Royal Wedding. This is entirely my Mother's fault. You see, Jack, she was born in Ireland....that's right Ireland; however she loved the British Royal family.

She is no longer of this earth, but her love of the Royals has rubbed off on her daughter's. My Sister's and I all have our alarm clocks set to see the second Royal wedding to occur during our time on this planet. This wedding hopefully will be more joyful and successful that the one we watched, on my Mother’s strong suggestion, over 30 years ago. Hopefully, she will join the Queen Mother to watch this wedding from where, I suspect, they both reside now.

April 28, 2011 at 6:29 pm |
  282. honestly

i am happy for them and i wish them the best but i could care less also because we over here have other things to worry about such as gas prices, jobs, wars and now weather scare and besides what do we benefit from watching it? NOTHING!!!

April 28, 2011 at 6:29 pm |
  283. Val

I'm not excited at all, in fact I'm disgusted! When the British people are suffering from "austerity measures", including the loss of 500,000 public sector jobs, this display of self indulgence by the "royals" is SHAMEFUL!
    If they cared about their "subjects", they could have had a simple ceremony and as a gift to their country put the money into their eroded healthcare, social and educational services. Time for the monarchy to go live quietly and stop sucking off the teat of the British people.

April 28, 2011 at 6:29 pm |
  284. Bill

Seems like a nice couple. It's unfortunate the event is so "in your face". I really think all this coverage should be pay-per-view.

April 28, 2011 at 6:29 pm |
  285. Alicia Proffitt

I haven't exactly been following every little thing since the engagement has been announced; however, I don't think rude, negative, and tactless comments are warranted either.

I wish them well and hope that their marriage will be a long and happy one. Knowing the less than stellar track record of royal marriages, it must be unsettling to have the world watching and wondering if your marriage will follow suit.

And, yes, thanks to DVR, I will record the event no matter how much or how little I actually view of it. Ignore the nay-sayers, Kate and William–their numbers don't even come close to those who are pulling for you.

April 28, 2011 at 6:29 pm |
  286. Cheryl Dorning-Clark

I am very excited about the Royal wedding as I have followed the Monarchy my whole life William and my brother are the same age as are Harry and I. I dont have to worry about getting up early as I am in Washiongton State so all I have to do is stay up and the coverage begind at 1 AM in my state. Much love to Will & Kate🙂

April 28, 2011 at 6:29 pm |
  287. Joe

Jack,
    In this world of people struggling for survival we do not need to view the Royal Snobbery. Presentations of artificial events reveals how the media errors with what it believes the people want to see.
    Joe, Binghamton, NY

April 28, 2011 at 6:29 pm |
  288. Nancy

Let's rejoice with those who rejoice!
    Let's also rejoice that marriage is being upheld!

April 28, 2011 at 6:29 pm |
  289. shel caldwell ns canada

i am canadian and could not care less about wedding..japans in nuclear crisis, your country's had a terrible natural disaster today, got glimps of terrorist attacks in morroco, 19 middle eastearn and african countries are in revolts for freedom, in two at least possibility of genoside is suspected or at least being insinuated..have you seen photos of misrada libya?..id like to see whats happening in the crisis of the world, not the wedding..wheres the news gone!

April 28, 2011 at 6:30 pm |
  290. Barbara T

I'd Rather Have A Root Canal But I Wish Them Well

April 28, 2011 at 6:30 pm |
  291. Elizabeth Bunting

The world followed the life of Princess Diana which ended so sadly. We now have her son to happily follow. It is a great time in history we are fortunate to enjoy. A pleasant breath of fresh air in these hard times.

April 28, 2011 at 6:30 pm |
  292. natha booth

I'm soooooo excited...to see it over and gone from the news! Here in MS we have a few things going on that are just SLIGHTLY more urgent....tonados,floods, etc. Sorry, Will and Kate, but even without the natural disasters I wouldn't be watching you!

April 28, 2011 at 6:30 pm |
  293. karen pearson

Sick to death of hearing about it! Wish CNN wouldn't waste so much time on it , but; I guess ratings equal money. Could we get back to intelligent broadcasting!!

April 28, 2011 at 6:30 pm |
  294. Tim

Jack,

Considering my wife is an Anglophile, I will (begrudgingly) catch some of the highlights. But even she is using the DVR rather than watching it live.

April 28, 2011 at 6:30 pm |
  295. Jay

Boring... I could care less. I think the whole monarchy is a big waste of money. Is a royal wedding even relevant to cover in the 21 st century?

April 28, 2011 at 6:30 pm |
  296. Joe, NY

Don't care about royalty. We should be talking less about rich, not-so-powerful monarchs and more about issues that actually affect people

April 28, 2011 at 6:31 pm |
  297. Cara

It's good to see something positive happening in the world. We hear bad news way to often. I wish the young couple the best but I'm not interested in spending my time watching their wedding on tv, to busy rearranging my budget to figure out what is going to get cut so I can afford gas to get back and forth to work so that I can keep my job.

April 28, 2011 at 6:31 pm |
  298. Oliver Okafor

for me the question is not "how excited are you?" because that would presuppose that I am excited to a degree. I am not excited at all. why should anyone be anyway?

April 28, 2011 at 6:31 pm |
  299. Deavon

I do have to say congrats to the couple. They really do go well together and all but I'm not like the other people who are like "THE WEDDING! OH MY GOSH!". I am glad that there is something more than all the disasters going on.

April 28, 2011 at 6:31 pm |
  300. Allen

I Care about there wedding as much as they would care about mine which is zero what a waste of tax payers money

April 28, 2011 at 6:31 pm |