February 7th, 2011

Trust Palin's opinion on Egypt?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

It was only a matter of time before we heard from Sarah Palin.

The former Alaska governor, who badly bungled her response to the Arizona shootings, had managed to keep quiet on the crisis in Egypt for about two weeks. That was until her interview with the Christian Broadcast Network, where Palin highlighted her lack of foreign policy experience or understanding.

She blasted the Obama administration on Egypt, saying the crisis is the president's 3 a.m. phone call, which "went right to the answering machine."

Palin says the administration hasn't explained to the public what it knows. She says she's "not really enthused" about what's being done in Washington and called for "strength and sound mind" in the White House.

When Palin speaks it's usually a lot of feathers - not very much chicken:

"Who's going to fill the void? (President Hosni) Mubarak, he's gone, one way or the other you know, he is not going to be the leader of Egypt, that that's a given, so now the information needs to be gathered and understood as to who it will be that fills now the void in the government.

"Is it going to be the Muslim Brotherhood? We should not stand for that, or with that or by that. Any radical Islamists, no that is not who we should be supporting and standing by, so we need to find out who was behind all of the turmoil and the revolt and the protests so that good decisions can be made in terms of who we will stand by and support."

Palin's words, once again, amount to a whole lot of nothing.

She criticizes President Barack Obama but doesn't offer any solution.

We should be used to this by now: lots of feathers, no chicken.

Here’s my question to you: How much do you trust Sarah Palin's opinion on Egypt?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Vicki writes:
Sarah needs to disappear for a few months and study up if she ever wants to get anywhere in the political arena. Her responses always seem to show a complete ignorance of what is happening. Her main objective is to criticize Obama, no matter what he does.

John in Alabama writes:
Jack, Sarah Palin is the lady who could see Russia from her house in Alaska. I do not think this qualifies her as an area expert on the Middle East or Egypt. I believe her areas of expertise are bears, fishing, shooting wolves from helicopters, and quitting jobs.

Wayne in Orlando writes:
Sarah Palin is no longer relevant. She needs to be ignored by the press and frankly, the Republican Party. It is painful to watch this woman embarrass herself.

Ikhan in Nevada writes:
Egypt is a serious geopolitical issue for the U.S., far beyond the grasp of the likes of Sarah Palin. She cannot be trusted with anything remotely this serious.

Calvin writes:
I trust Sarah Palin's opinion on Egypt as much as I trust my parrot to drive my Bolens Hydro lawnmower. The parrot's intent isn't 'knowable' but the outcome is certain.

Erin in Dayton, Ohio writes:
Palin's constant heckling is getting old. It's like a game to Ms. Palin and I just wait for when she is called out and asked to explain her remedy and we only hear the crickets chirping. Attacking without a solution allows her to be on the offensive because it's her defense that's lacking. America needs to be on the same team right now and she is doing nothing "productive" - she's only helping divide the nation. Put up or shut up.

Lynsey writes:
Sarah can't see Egypt from her house, so she's completely clueless about what's going on.

Bob in Florida writes:
She may have something, you know. Egypt is one of the biggest cities in the country of Africa.

Filed under: Egypt • Sarah Palin
  1. ed galbraith

Great fun. It's like reading a 6th grader's paper on foreign policy. Yes, Sarah, "...we need to find out who was behind..." all that stuff' (trust the right wing and their inerrant noses for commies and radical Islam). It's just too much fun. Can't wait til the next edition.

Ed Galbraith

February 7, 2011 at 4:58 pm |
  2. Anne Tomasso

Jack,
    I doubt she even knew where Egypt is before this happened. She has proven time and time again that she knows nothing of world history and even less of government. And, once again, she has shown that she is unable to speak grammatically correct English. Why would anyone trust her opinion on anything?

February 7, 2011 at 4:58 pm |
  3. John Bultmann - Surfside Beach, SC

"I can see the henhouse from my house."

February 7, 2011 at 4:58 pm |
  4. Trina Revis

Jack,
    Iwouldn't trust Palin's opinion about anything. She's all fluff, and no substance. Frankly, I wouldn't trust Palin with "Do you want fries with that?"

Trina Revis
    Bay City, TX

February 7, 2011 at 4:58 pm |
  5. Charronne Johnston

One of the amazing things we have noticed about the Egypt demonstrations is that there have been no anti USA chants, signs or slogans. This is a good thing, we think! So Ms Palin should butt out and refrain from commenting on matters which are really non of her business. While heads of state may be entitled to some discreet opinions, who the Egyptian people choose to run their country is their own business. As anyone who has been following the situation will have read, in case Ms Palin hasn't noticed, most references to the Muslim Brotherhood also remind readers that this organization is small, is not a power at this time. Outsiders, particularly in the US, butting in with unwanted opinions is the best thing that could possibly happen for the Brotherhood, as they would use a nationalistic response to outside interference to further polarize the population increase their membership.

February 7, 2011 at 4:58 pm |
  6. Marilyn from Ohio

I wouldn't trust Sarah Palin to give me an opinion on shooting bears in Alaska. She doesn't even understand what she is saying. Why you and others keep repeating the gibberish from this woman's mouth is beyond me. Surely there are intelligent people who have something to say that should be heard.

February 7, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
  7. Jo

Are you kidding me Jack? I mean I am really amazed at the amount of press she actually gets when she has NO IDEA what she is speaking about and she has "NO IDEA" what it takes to run a country. Sarah is so naive. At least her comments make for a good laugh at the end of the day. I though am extremely tired of her.

Indianapolis Indiana

February 7, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
  8. Terry Miller

Jack Sarah confirmed a lot in this one. She does not know that our President gets regular briefings from around the world and he knows a lot about Egypt but he does not have an obligation to share confidential information with her. He has the need to know and she does not. Thanks, Terry

February 7, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
  9. David in Seattle

Since I doubt that she can see Egypt from her front porch, not one iota.

February 7, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
  10. Shannon Williams

As David Gergen said, she needs to put together a cohesive sentence. I'm still waiting.

February 7, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
  11. Rich

Unfortunately, Chicken Little Palin has proven time and time again that she has neither the will nor the skill for facts. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people in this country who don't have time to learn things for themselves. That leaves them vulnerable to leaders who appeal to their emotion rather than their mind. They run for cover when they are safe and stay exposed when there are not. Paiin's continued support in the midst of repeated mental error exposes one of the biggest dangers of an uninformed electorate.

February 7, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
  12. keeth in cali

I wouldn't trust her to tell me the sky is blue.

February 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
  13. Chris from Clearwater, FL

I didn't know anyone with half a brain trusted anything Sarah Palin's opinion on anything but maybe hunting! Maybe.... and I'm from the state where the new Governor has a cult like following...He also has no substance when he speaks. Seems they just like to talk! And a lot of people think their God...

February 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
  14. norm

i am an independent voter. not much to conclude about sarah other than she continues to prove her ignorance and incompetence in many areas. when are the leaders in the republican party going to begin start stating their honest opinion of sarah ?

February 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
  15. Curly

I wouldn't trust her with my children, why would I trust anything she does or says?

February 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
  16. Mike Ol

Common Jack! Cut her a slack, at least she knows there's a country called Egypt.

February 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
  17. Roscoe Chait

How can we possibly trust a word Palin says? First of all, she speaks as if she's struggling with English, as if its her second language. I hope that explains why she rarely makes sense. She uses a lot of negative buzz words she just picked off a TV commercial. She lacks knowledge and common sense. And we listen to her why? Because she makes us realize how smart we are. And she makes us laugh.

February 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
  18. AnnieM

Sarah Palin's comments are a lot like my two year old grandson's speech. He talks a lot, but doesn't make any sense and no one over the age of two can understand what he is saying. I've always said that Sarah only has one problem. Her brain and her mouth aren't connected.

February 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
  19. birddog in Mississippi

Palin's opinion is as informed as my pet iguana's. Does everybody report on what my pet iguana thinks? No. Enough said.

February 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
  20. Kea from Honolulu

How funny she brings up the phone call analogy. One could say the phone rang in Alaska at 3am, and Palin ran away.

February 7, 2011 at 5:01 pm |
  21. CECIL SHAMU

Hey Sarah........shot any blanks lately?
    Blank mind shows,no clear understanding of foreign politics....not sure you would even know where to point if anyone asked you to locate Egypt on a map!

22. RB

As a GOPer, I can honestly say that I nor any of my friends care what Sarah has to say. She is a proven quiter. The DNC only uses her to take a cheap shot at the GOP. Very lame.

23. Dyanisme

This woman couldn't run her own state for the full term she was elected to. Why on earth are we listening to one word she says about what other elected leaders are doing or what she thinks they should be doing? She has no credibiltiy.

24. Kelvin

To trust Ms. Palin's opinion on any matter of consequence regarding foreign (or for that matter domestic) policy is like trusting a 7 year old with the car keys.

Kelvin
    Rockville, MD

25. Gwen from Ohio

I wouldn't trust Palin to place my order at the Egyptian restaurant on the corner and get it right! What I don't understand is why anyone listens to this woman anymore, she can't even speak correct english.

26. Ash

I don't trust Palins opinion on jack Jack.

27. Peter

Really very funny. When I first heard that Sarah had an opinion, my very thought was who cares. She doesn't know anything about anything and once again has proven it.

28. Mark Ft. Worth Texas

The need to look out the window when she said it was dark outside says it all.

29. Ron

Both lack experience but at this time seeing Obamas indecisiveness in all that he does I would trust Palin. There are plenty of feathers to go around. Ron Ventura County, CA. Independant

30. Mary Steele Yorktown VA

LOL Jack,

I trust Sarah Palin's opinion on Egypt as much as I do Janet Napolitano's on Homeland Security, neither of them have a clue to reality!!

Yorktown VA

31. TheGoodCaptain

I'm still surprised the media is reporting on Sarah Palin. She obviously doesn't know what she's talking about 80% of the time and couldn't even stick it out as a full term as our governor. She's not worthy of much attention.

That being said, I trust her opinion about as much as I trust that aliens are coming to pick me up next week for an intergalactic road trip, Jack.

Juneau, AK.

32. Nancy, Tennessee

Nothing Sarah Palin lets fall out of her head is new. She has tried to construct sentences from sound bites we have heard from some educated people. We don't need Sarah to interpret for us unless we are planning to resurrect, "The Three Stooges". Her rhetoric reminds me of a comedian who practices "Slap stick English".

33. Ike Buffalo NY

This is trick question ... right? Sarah Palin has no clue on anything.

February 7, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
  34. Tom from Spring Lake

It is a shame that John McCain, patriot, hero, public servent will be remembered most for having inflicted this air-head upon the american public.
    As for trusting S Palin on Egypt ~ my guess is she could not find the country on the map of the world ~ hell a map of just the middle east countries and given three attempts.
    Tom

February 7, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
  35. james

I cannot understand why her views on Egypt are even considered by the media. How much do I trust her opinion on Egypt or anything else for that matter?.......... ZERO! Its truly time for the media to stop providing a soap box for this person. I believe that the entire country is sick and tired of hearing her every utterance.

February 7, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
  36. JasonB

I would be surprised if she were able to point out Egypt on a map prior to two weeks ago.

February 7, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
  37. Todd Palin

Would you believe my wife Sarah can be in the news more then Kim Kardashian? Her comments may not be any more intelligent, but she can run circles around those clowns for keeping her name in the spotlight!

February 7, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
  38. Mark from Springfield, Virginia

With all due respect to the former governor, I would not trust her opinion on which Super Bowl commercial was the most entertaining, let alone on an international challenge of this importance or magnitude (after all, you can't see the pyramids from her front porch). Credit where credit is due though, she did correctly identify the current President of Egypt...and I'll bet she's "really enthused" about that.

February 7, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
  39. Ty Turcotte

I can't take anything serious from Palin. I couldn't take her serious during her vice-president attempts, nor now.

February 7, 2011 at 5:07 pm |
  40. Tex

I have dead house plants that have higher IQs than Sarah Palin. Wouldn't trust her to water my dead house plants, much less tell me they were dead.

41. Ross Foley

I would not go along with anything this woman had to say about turning things around in the world. Her acumen is something that does not have to be heard to be rendered as incompetent for serious leadership of the masses. She is of the quality of individual that would make a good companion to Rosanne Barr on a comedy hour on television. That is it...case complete!!!

42. Scott Stodden

About As Much As I Trust Her To Be Governor Of A State! Oh That's Right Didn't She Leave And Abandon Her Post As Governor Of Alaska? Seriously Jack, Sarah Palin's Opinion About Egypt Or Anything Else Is Simply That-Her Opinion Which Doesn't Make A Bit Sense And Definetly Doesn't Matter Whatsoever! I Think She's A Disgrace To The Republican Party But Hey Who Am I To Say Anything!

Scott Stodden (Freeport,Illinois)

43. Crank

So she has a pre-prepared one-line zinger she manages to squeeze in (anybody here think she came up with that one on her own?) and then everything else she says (in an "interview" with the most friendly audience available) is barely intelligible word salad.

Sure, the White House should get around to telling us what the results of the Egyptian elections in six months are going to be, so that we can decide whether we support the idea or not. After we've done that, we can decide who to "stand by" (spoiler alert: any group with "Muslim" in the name is out). Then what? What do we do then, Sarah? Anything in particular, or do we just send them some messages via twitter?

44. Yaha

This woman is not qualified to discuss policy at all, foreign or domestic. She severely bungled her attempt to be the governor of Alaska, and left there under a cloud of ethics investigations. She's a self-interested, self-aggrandizing person who is willing to say anything to bring attention to herself. The Tea Party folks are looking for someone to offer simple solutions to complex problems. Unfortunately Ms. Palin can't even get the basic issues straight and lacks the intellectual capacity, education and experience necessary to analyze any complex problem, let alone offer a rational solution. A wise person knows to be quiet if they don't have an answer; Ms. Palin does not.

45. Cass Price

As usual her comments contain no facts or solutions only babbling about how Obama is not doing something correct. I find it hard to belive that after all this time and all the idiotic comments and speeches she makes that people still take anything she says seriously. It is obvious that she has never taken the time to learn anything about either national or world affairs and simply spouts off populist sayings without really offering any concrete proposals. Maybe it is time that the media quit paying attention to her. (I can only hope) North Aurora Illinois

46. Arthur

Zero. We need real leadership and statesmanship, neither of which Ms. Palin can deliver.

47. chris brown fl.

well lets see 1 i trust her opinion about as much as the rest of the gov she seems to fit in well 2 about as much as a prostitute telling me that i wont get the clap 3 as much as the re-pubs when they say that they are for the working class and would never tell you a lie4 that pigs can fly heck i think she thinks bacon comes from cows. she is just mad that Obama gets a phone call at 3 am and all she gets is a telegraph or does she still use smoke signals

48. Patty Ryan

I wouldn't trust Sarah Palin to dog sit for me. Her lack of basic common knowledge (meaning US History, foreign history as it relates to the US) and her lack of intelligence on any subject (political or otherwise) make her a joke. Why anyone would listen to this woman except to laugh at her ridiculous remarks is beyond me.

49. Francis Smith

I rarely read any article headlined with or containing the word "Palin" but thought what the heck...I sure wasn't disappointed!

What on earth did she say? A circuitous rambling of drivel that I somehow believe meant that America should determine the future of a sovereign nation? That somehow we should install some as yet unnamed party to power?

How 'bout this Sarah...we stay the heck out of another country's political process as much as possible, gently persuading where possible but basically being patient to see where this falls out. After all if a Republican were in office right now you'd be praising their incredible resolve and patience and ...well, you get the idea. Or do you Sarah?

50. LeeCMH

Trust Palin's opinion on Egypt? Can she see it from her house?

51. Julie Shannon

How can we trust anything Ms. Palins says? She has exhibited her lack of foreign political knowledge time and time again. For that matter, she has exhibited her lack of homeland political knowledge also. Why can't her party see how dangerous she is to our country when she can't speak intelligently-she surely can't be effective.

52. JasonB

I would be surprised if she was able to point out Egypt on a map prior to two weeks ago.

53. Lisa Hill

Sarah Palin is a sideshow and nothing more. She does not possess the intellectual curiosity or stamina to understand most of what is happening on the world stage. She can't even put together a coherent sentence, yet her opinion on Egypt is relevant? Next time let's ask my 8 year old niece what she thinks. I'm sure it would be far more insightful.

54. Sharon

I don't trust any opinion Sarah Palin would offer on Egypt crisis. I saw the one interview she did have, and that was disasterous. She left impression US should force Egypt how to implement their new government. Fact is this is for Egypt to decide, not US. Why should US listen to this hate enticer governor quitter??? We shouldn't.

February 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
  55. Joel Miller

She doesn't have any idea what is going on in Egypt nor has she been listening to what the President or Secretary of State have said. She really has no criticism and yet she is criticizing. So why don't we just let her work her way back to the irrelevancy that she is and forget about her.

February 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
  56. wendy miller

And another thing - Palin talks like someone to whom English is a second or third language, one she learned not from speaking it conversationally but by translating into English from her first language which I won't suggest is Martian she can see Russia from her country.

February 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
  57. Sherif

Sarah Palin's opinion on Egypt; is the opinion of my grandma on planet Mars! Why did they ask her about Egypt? Does she really know where's Egypt on the map? She'd rather talk about: I love Lucy.

February 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
  58. Ed Wood

Every time I hear Sarah Palin express an opinion I picture George Burns with that "huh?" look on his face after Gracie would come out with one of her ridiculous comments. It would be funny if it weren't for the fact that some day she could do real harm. Shame on Alaska, shame on the Tea Party and shame on John McCain for putting her on center stage. This woman's elevator doesn't go to the top floor and it boggles my mind how many people choose to ride on it.

February 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
  59. JAB

Egypt? Isn't that the little country right acrossthe Bering Strait from Alaska?

February 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
  60. Voiceinthewind

Who in thier right mind would trust her opinion on anything? Talk about a loose canon whith no brains and you have her number. I would never vote for McCane just for the fact that her unleashed this idiot on America.

February 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
  61. Randy in Tucson

For us to spend time even airing her words means that we continue to demonize intelegence and almost santify inept ignorance, and as long as "WE the People" continue to glorify any of the IQ challenged pundants whether serving blue or red Kool-Aid, we as a country will continue to sink into the mediocrity of our current times.

February 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
  62. Kathleen

I really wish that woman would just shut up. She used to be funny now she is downright embarrassing.

February 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
  63. G. PHillips

Jack
    I ive in Canada and the fact anyone listens to Palin whom I doubt knows where Egypt is even located scares the hell out even Canadians. It is scary that intelligent good folks and our biggest and best neighbor actually listen to the unintelligible crap that she comes up. Maybe she can see Egypt from top of her deck?? She can see Russia.
    G. Phillips

February 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
  64. jaime in virginia

Isn't it "Ignore Sarah Palin Week" yet? If anyone else was spouting this nonsense, it would never make the press. If we ignore her, maybe, just maybe, she'll go away...

February 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
  65. Jim

Jack,

You hit it right on the head, feathers but no chicken. And your right that we should be used to it by now. But it does raise some questions: First, how is it that so many people still actually DO trust her opinion – about ANYTHING? Second, why does she keep getting non-stop press coverage? CNN isn't knocking down my door asking for an interview or a quote, yet I say things every day that are more intelligent than her rantings. That's not really bragging. My parakeet could make the same claim.

Jim
    Reno, Nevada

February 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
  66. Sonya Tappan

My question is: why does anyone ask for her opinion ?
    High school students, know more then she does .
    Palin, get a grip.....go back home and wave across the water to Russia !! That is more your speed !

February 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
  67. RG

She's simply popping off. IMO, she is a lightweight. Way out of her league.

February 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
  68. Lauren from Michigan

Expecting an accurate analysis of Egyptian politics from Mrs. Palin is akin to expecting McDonalds to serve me chocolate soufflé.

February 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm |
  69. Darrell W.

Of course I trust Sarah. She takes a stand and never waivers. Unlike Obama who keeps playing all sides of the Egyptian debacle.

February 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
  70. joe

I'm from Alaska and I wouldn't trust Sarah to tell me the weather if she were standing outside. She's all Fluff and no Stuff. I'd like to know who's hand it is that stuck between her shoulder blades operating the dummy.

February 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
  71. Dan from the Midwest

Palin has butchered the English language so frequently that it's her citizenship that needs to be questioned, not Obama's.

February 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
  72. K. Miller

Will somebody tell this chick she can't see Egypt from Wasilla...

February 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
  73. Dennis Ashley

I so hope she is the republican nominee for president.

February 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
  74. Jenny

When will the media stop reporting anything about Sarah Palin. She has no experience and if she got no media attention she would fade from our attention. Enough is enough already

February 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
  75. Kris

She's a genious. We simply haven't out on what subject she is an expert on yet.

Does 'quitting for more money' qualify?

February 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
  76. James

I wouldn't trust Palin even if she said Alaska was cold.

February 7, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
  77. Jose Rodriguez

It's becoming more and more comical with Sarah Palins, she's like a fox always hiding behind a bush to jump out at any given opportunity for the spot light. You are so right Jack, LOTS OF FEATHERS AND NO CHICKEN she's better of becoming a fulltime comedian

Jose Rodriguez
    Manhattan, Upper Westside, NYC

February 7, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
  78. Gene

I certainly trust her more than you or any other talking head. Maybe you should ask the question – "Do you trust President Obama's opinion on Egypt" since he is the only one with all of the intelligence reports – Oh wait – you can't hold him responsible for any bungling so it must be Bush's fault again?

Jack you ask these questions about Palin because you always get the response you expect from your Pavlov dog followers.

February 7, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
  79. Al

Her opinion on Eypt weighs about as much as a hill of beans. She just doesn't have what it takes to leavage herself in politics.

February 7, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
  80. JW in Mableton

Sarah Shhhhhh
    The grownups are talking.

February 7, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
  81. Claire

I have no idea how this woman rose to this level of prominence–she's more incoherent with each public statement she makes. The 3:00 a.m. phone call thing is a tired metaphor. Can she say anything original? Is there anything else she can do other than make cheap little jabs at the President?

February 7, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
  82. john grenier

Palin judgment – I do not trust it at all.

Look at FOX's O'Reilly, even he states the problem is thorny and generations old. Mubarak has been there for 30 years. That's Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 and now Obama. It is a choice between the lesser of evils – and if you are going to be a player you need to choose.

Of course Obama (or Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton or Bush 2 for that matter) isn't saying everything. What is this supposed to be – daily Wikileaks so people like Palin have more to misunderstand?

You media guys are the problem! Who keeps political outliers in the news? Focus on issues, answers and not demogogues!

February 7, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
  83. chaney Louisiana

I dont trust Palins opinion on anything Jack,.....no, nada, nothing.....

February 7, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
  84. Sean

As a republican I have always wondered why they let her talk on issues. We want democracy there that means if they elect someone we don't like tough. I wanted mike huckabee but I am not calling for US intervention on my own election. What does she wants us to have Iran again?

February 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
  85. Darrin G.

Verbally Sarah Palin never exits the same room she has entered her rambling always get stuck in a maze.

February 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
  86. Scott Crider

Where I come from, we use "big hat, no cows" as the colloquialism to describe people like Palin, but it means the same thing: big talk, no substance.

Scott
    Gulf Shores, AL

February 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
  87. Fred

I winder if she can see Egypt from her home in Alaska. She may be seeing polar bears roaming on the ice and believes they are camels wondering in the desert. Where is her knowledge of the situation. Who is briefing her about what's actually happening inside the Egyptian government or within the its citizens. Once again she tells us what's wrong, with no solution.

February 7, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
  88. Pete

Palin barks and the caravan moves on. The world will change and there is nothing that a Palin can do to prevent it. We don't know what the future will bring and if the Egyptians want the Mayor of Wasilla do lead them, they will call.

February 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
  89. Zakia103

I would rather get punched in the face once a day, every day for a week than to have to hear or read anything this woman has to say about anything.

February 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
  90. jeff

Unfortunately I do not take much of what she says into my ear of trust. She seems like a regular Josephina but I think she has some confused ideas and a further confused way of spouting them on the media.

February 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
  91. chloe, texas

Trust Palin? Not for any reason or on anything, not on your life - or mine.
    Please tell me why the media is still giving this grifter air time?

February 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
  92. Harry J Foxwell

Palin is irrelevant. She's merely a mean-spirited bigmouth,
    with no solutions. Stop giving her so much attention.

February 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
  93. mary

I am thankful every day that we don't have to trust anything Sarah says.I can sleep at night knowing she won't be in the White House getting a 3am phone call. It saddens me that she has followers that hang on her every word. They trust everything she says they don't see what she doing. They are in for a BIG let down and as a Christian I'm dissapointed that Ms Palin will take their trust and their money and use it for her own personal gain. Sarah is adicted to the limelight and all that it brings and she will do or say anything to keep her name out there.She is even going to trademark her name to make sure gets revenue thats due her.

February 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
  94. Senor Ed

I wouldn't trust Sarah Palin on anything. If she said it was raining outside I would check myself just to be sure.

February 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
  95. K H Sandvik

Seen these all the time at work: a talker, not a doer.

February 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
  96. DamianX

I wouldn't trust her opinion on a load of dirty laundry let alone anything really important. Can't she just shut up ?

February 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
  97. dH

"0%" I wont even count feathers...it is just an "air bubble" or "steam off meaningless content". Her comments may have some entertainment value for SNL...and obviously some punch line space on cnn.com!

February 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm |
  98. GP

Palin is just using what the unfolding events overseas to inject her name into the news cycle.

Her remarks are so vacuous that responding is an exercise in futility.

MIlwuakie, OR

February 7, 2011 at 5:15 pm |
  99. jay

I believe that the former governor enjoys listening to the criticism she receives because some airtime is better than becoming indifferent. Time and again she seems clueless no all topics related to the U.S. She has no legitimate shot against our president.

February 7, 2011 at 5:15 pm |
  100. Sheryl Little

Ms. Palin misses the boat on so many levels. Egypt is just the tip of the ice berg on a ship about to sink.

February 7, 2011 at 5:21 pm |
  101. elaine Rosa

Every time she opens her mouth she sounds more ignorant than the time before, if that could be possible.

102. Mary Setterholm

Well, if you ask me, and you did, I think she is inciting a riot with the intolerant statement regarding the Islamic Brotherhood. That's all we need and, well, maybe what she wants?

103. Sona M.

the question is does she know where Egypt is or the difference between the Moslem Brotherhood and other factions in Egypt. Why are we still giving her time to talk? Mr. Cafferty you are RIGHT. She's all feathers and no chicken. I like that expression.

104. Sheri in Colorado

I'm saddened that people such as Sarah Palin have any credence.
    She may mean well, but she is not at all sophisticated on international or other issues.

105. Duncan truscott

However she can see the Great Pyramid from her house!

106. dennis dc

Sarah Palin reminds me of one of thoses stories you read about in USA Today where some white trash red neck hit's the lotto. and within a few years ends up broke. go ahead and run Sarah run. that way Obama will be the first President to carry all 50 state.

107. Janice in Minneapolis

Jack, your question assumes that Sarah Palin has (or ever had) an opinion. Assuming she had an opinion assumes that she has (or ever had) a brain. Not that's a scary thought – Sarah Palin with a brain. Thank goodness THAT will never happen.

108. winnifred Simpson

I don't listen to anything she has to say. I change the channel the minute I see her. She's dumb-dumb-dumb! Winn in Maine

109. Renee

No! No! No! Wake up America Sarah Palin is a fake she is full of HOT AIR ! It's time we all see her for who and what she is! Hot Air!

110. Chuck from Maryland

I don't trust Sarah Palin's opinion on any country she cannot see from her porch. Or for that matter, any country she can.

111. sylvia gexler

OMG Jack; I would not trust sending Sarah Palin to grocery store with my shopping list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

112. Tom

The standard Sarah Palin modus operandi : Open mouth, insert foot!

113. Anne Mellor

I find her frightening because there are so many people out there who do take her seriously.

114. Ed Allard

Jack,

I can't trust Sarah Palin's opinion on Egypt. After all, we KNOW she can't see Cairo from her window.

Ed
    Laconia, New Hampshire

115. Ralph

Jack
    You said it best feathers without the chicken. She makes no solutions and critzes the WH.If your going to complain give sloutions. She needs to learn more on foregin policy and understand what goes on in the world and not wait 2 week to comment.

116. Harry Tomlin

Sarah Palin left politics when she retired early as Governor of Alaska. Now she is getting rich as a political comedian. When people deride her silly comments, she laughs all the way to the bank.

117. TG

lol..i cant believe she was running for vice president at one time...God really needs to bless america if they feel the need to seek her opinion or depend on politicians like her!

118. Wayne Bamberger

You know who we have to blame for dealing with all of her idiocy??? That's right, John McCain. Gee, Thanks John.

119. Max

Sarah Palin is known for attacking the policies of others but not offering suggestions of her own, typically because she does not have any. Her lack of foreign policy experience and knowledge is frightening as she may run for the presidency. Living within a somewhat close proximity to Russia does not make you a foreign diplomat. It is easy for Palin to criticize the Obama Administration, but she is hard-pressed to come up with a better plan for Egypt, or even a plan at all. As someone who currently holds no political position in state or federal government, I don't understand why she needs to weigh-in on the subject, she clearly has nothing to offer.

120. Kyle A. Foster

Sarah Palin

It's very difficult for me to imagine that anyone, anywhere trusts Sarah Palin on the Egypt issue. After all, she can't see Egypt from Alaska.

Kyle Foster

Lincoln, Nebraska/Sana'a, Yemen

121. AJ North, Potsdam, NY

Jack,

The answer to that question is as concise as it is global: identically zero – which is as much as I trust her "opinion" on ANY subject. What is truly frightening is the number of people who do trust her.

122. Pat - Illinois

How much do I trust Sarah Palin regarding Egypt? -0. I have no trust in anything Sarah has to say about anything. Her methods to gain attention is: 1) Manufacture fear (i.e. Obama is a terrorist and his health bill contains death panels, etc ) 2) Tell out and out lies (Obama is not a U.S. Citizen, etc. 3) Speak Palin-Latin and no one knows what the hell she is talking about.

She repeats her garbage and effectively brain washes her followers into believing whatever mish-mosh she throws into the microphone. What a phony!!!

123. Miguel Arias

Don't tell she can see Egypt from her living room...
    Why invest any time asking her any question.
    I rather ask my dog. She had to listen Barbara Bush and the heck from us.

124. Pat Harrison

Sarah Palin has become a multi-millionaire by quitting her Governorship
    in Alaska to run as VP with McCain which cost McCain the Presidency.

Whoever continues to pay to hear her speak is an idiot and their
    ill-spent money should be considered Government Waste.

We have enough celebrities voicing their opinions with few if any solutions. Sarah is no different.

125. Mimi

Yes, Jack. Feathers and no chicken. Palin's "stardom" is a result of the media coverage of everything that she says. there are so many really important things going on. Let's use our attention for those things, not more Palin chatter.

126. Todd

I can summarize what Sarah Palin said in 15 seconds, why can't she?

A) I don't know what Obama is doing to handle the situation in Egypt, but I don't agree with it.

B) They need to figure out who will be taking over for Mubarak, gee I hope it's not that Muslim Brotherhood.

Say what you mean and mean what you say, Sarah. Surprisingly enough, there are still a lot of people listening to you.

Todd
    Brighton, MA

127. Natalie

Sorry, can't stop laughing....you said "trust" and "sarah palin" in the same sentence. hahahahahahahaha! I trust sarah palin like I would trust the devil to have ice-cream in hell!

128. Karen Buchanan

Can't we just ignore Sarah Palin now?

129. Joan Lio

Sarah should be mighty careful about what she says regarding the Obama administrations reactions to Egypt. This is a subject that I suspect she knows very little about and she does not represent the United States of America. She holds no political office either. I believe you would be better off asking my fifteen year old daughter than asking Sarah Palin.

130. Judi Taylor

I wouldn't trust her opinion on how to change my cat's litter box, let alone her opinion on Egypt. Does she even have an opinion? I sounded to me like a string of unrelated words spewing out of her mouth. Does the school system where she received her knowledge still have their accreditation?

Judi
    Westminster Colorado

131. Michael

I'd like to know what her IQ is. Politicians are supposed to be our best and brightest. We need to stop paying attention to her and the rest of her kind. The kind who are ignorant, opprotunistic and hateful. She has no place on the news, in the news or making news.

132. Mike

Sounds like some very profound stuff coming from the half-governor.

133. jim

Jack: Let's just acknowledge that Palin has absolutely no clue or idea about foreigh affairs even though she can see Russia from her front yard.
    As Michael Douglas once said in "American President" "Sarah, your 15 minutes of fame are up, and Obama IS the President of the United States"

134. Larry

Sarah Palin knows very little about the workings of her own country. Why would I trust her opinions about Egypt?

135. Kirk H

First, I would ask my cats' opinions on Egypt before Sarah.

After the fantastic history our country has by sticking our nose in another Country's revolution (or encouraged revolution, or nation building), I think Obama is dong the RIGHT thing by watch, keeping a pulse watch AND not telling another Country what to do for once.

136. Eddie Rochdi

i have one word for Sarah Palin.
    Stay out of politics,you dont have a clue how the world is runing and if she wants to get involved,she need a crash course on international relations and the history of islam and muslims.
    Then she can talk,untill then be quite.

137. xpostmaster2001@yahoo.com

Mrs. Palin's comments regarding our current President's actions or inactions regarding Egypt's revolutionary aspirations for a more democratic government where people can survive the everyday struggles of their daily lives, is nothing less then Mrs. Palin capturing the camera to say ....Zelch...Zerio...Blank...indicative of how dangerous she would be in the position of head of our government. The lady is self-center and ego driven to make money, and people are falling to recognize this fact. Sarah Palin is for Sarah Palin and nothing else, and
    needs to stay frozen in Alaska to cool her charades!

138. Sheila Paul

Hi Jack,
    How much do I trust Sarah Palin's opinion on Egypt? About as much as there are chickens under those feathers. Maybe she should finally start reading some newspapers for a change instead of expecting the White House to educate her about what's going on. Do what America does Sarah, watch some CNN and learn something!
    Sheila Paul
    Victorville, CA

139. Alex Crowson

Can she see Egypt from her backyard?

Anyone that's been watching the news over the last two weeks knows more about the situation than Palin does.

140. mike

It is easy to play the monday morning quarterback. He did this wrong he did that wrong. Maybe she should leave politics, and get a job as a sports commentator. All talk no solutions

141. Joyce Grissom

Are you serious? Palin lacks adequate knowledge in just everyday matters in the U.S., why would you think she should be taken seriously on Egypt?

142. Bill Heintz

With her head in the clouds, she can probably see the pyramids from her front porch.

Bill, Palm Desert, CA.

143. Amr

Well , as usual we see Sarah Plain put her nose again and again . I think she does not know whats going on there and as a matter of fact she just argue to be on the scene . Brotherhood as they said today have no aim to jump and rule . I think she knows that Mubark regine is almost end or on the way heading to an end sooner or later .

Amrou
    sc, u.s.a

144. Douglas

Not much of a Palin fan, but from the clip you just showed, she only said the same things that all of the pundits and talking heads have been saying for two weeks. Lots of questions, no one really seems to know all the answers.
    Our own State Department admittedly walked carefully for several days.

145. harry

Having three children, I trust her opinion on egypt about as much as raising children.(hows that workin out for ya sarah?)I would consider my 15 yr. olds opinion before sarah palins anyday. what was john mccain thinking when he picked her for a running mate?We know how that worked out for him!

146. Vivian Hansten

Do I trust her opinion on something as critical as the Middle East? Does she know anything about it? She probably thinks pigs fly, if she even knows pigs exist.

147. René Joseph Louis Lefebvre

Sara Palin's comments are dangerous for a smooth transition in Egypt. She's undermining President Obama's effort to bring a peaceful resolution of the protest in Egypt. Palin's not bringing any constructive argument in the matter. On the contrary, she confuses everything as usual. I can't believe she is still seen as a seriuos contender for the US presidency by the GOP's big wigs

Joseph louis

148. Simeon in Baltimore

Jack, I don't know about you, but I would trust Wolf Blitzer in getting a rebound against Denis Rodman, before I trust Sarah Palin's opinion on Egypt.

149. Louis R Zembeno

I trust Palin's comments opinion on Egypt about as much as her opinion on Alaska...No on both. she is a quiter.

150. Danny C.

The fact that someone with two brain cells to rub together actually cares about anything she has to say amazes me.

151. LT

looking at that sarah palin clip was hysterical ,
    looking at the expression on your face was telling
    but looking at both at the same time ............"uttely Priceless"
    She has no business speaking publicly........................period.

152. John Dow

When there are more important things to talk about why you even waste time talking about Sarah Palin?

153. CJ

Clearly this woman is uninformed on any national or international issue. I believe that if the media would stop giving her national airplay she would meld back into Alaska trailer trash oblivion.

154. Joe

Sarah Palin is a joke. At best she is an air head filled celebrity that deserves 0 attention on anything political or, if i had my druthers, on anything else.

155. Lisa Alexander

I personally have no desire to hear anything Sarah Palin has to say on Egypt or anything else for that matter. She makes me ashamed that she represents women. She is like a bleached blonde and the peroixide has gone far beyond the roots. I cannot believe the Ameican people could even consider such a person as a future President. I hang my head in shame. Will someone please tell the women to keep her mouth shut?

156. mark

imagine if she was vp

157. Marie-Missouri

I can tell the posts are from all knowing super intelligent scholars that are experts on foreign affairs. I find it amusing that when a very smart women, be it Palin or Hillary etc., that the claws and the forked tongues immediately start to wag with accusations and unfounded remarks about someones intellect. YOU, are the ones that are showing your ignorance and the sad part about it is: YOU VOTE !!!
    Now, show me your best venomous replies.

158. sp4sloop

jack

The whole world is laughing, and their laughing at Sarah Palin.

159. Robert

She probably knows over 1000 ways to prepare moose. Anyone remember Bubba from Forest Gump?

160. Mary Kay Kidwell

I love the chicken/feathers analogy!

Not only can't I trust Palin's opinion on Egypt, I don't trust her in general. I am still in shock that anyone with a shred of intelligence even listens to her.

However, I know people who actually think she could run this country, and that scares me to death. These people, who constitute a large portion of our voting pubic, exemplify the lack of quality education required for graduation from our schools, and which our leaders are only now recognizing as a problem. I trust our President.

161. Reina Marcia

Is that a question? or a joke?
    If it is a question is difficult to fathom. If it is a joke, it is easy to laught at it.

162. Weston

Do I trust Sarah Palin's opinion on Egypt? Hell no! I wouldn't trust anyones opinion who trusted Sarah Palin's opinion! Makes you wonder about Alaskans...

163. Wayne Bamberger

Who is behind all this freedom stuff and the marches in the Square??? Wow, I wonder who. How about the people!

164. Alyson Popalardo

Honestly, every time I hear her speak, she makes me angry. Does she ever know what she is talking about? Doesn't she get embarrassed that she talks about nothing. According to Seinfield nothing was something and it created a show. WIth Palin nothing is nothing and I am tired of hearing nothing from her!

165. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Palin also said, while on the grounds at the Reagan Ranch, "we need to know what it is America stands for so we know who it is that America will stand with. And we do not have all that information yet." Need I say anymore about trusting Palin's opinion on Egypt.

166. Mary

As usual, it is difficult to fully understand what Ms. Palin is attempting to say. I am continually amazed at the jumble of words that she spews
    forth, none of which make sense (really), and I wonder why she
    continues to get the air time she does.

167. steve pfeiffer

In ancient Greece they had comedy and tragedy.
    In the U.S. we have Palin, Egypt has Mubarak.
    Anything new under the sun??

168. Cecilia

Sarah Palin needs to get more information before she makes more remarks on what is going on in Egypt. Glad President Obama is at the front of the situation, however it would be nice to remember that it is up to the Egypcian people and not up to the American people, to decide what is best for their country. Egypt is a Country, not any body's back yard !

169. John Draper

Whenever I listen to Governor Palin, I am reminded of the definition of "gibberish": a generic term in English for talking that sounds like speech, but carries no actual meaning.

Quite frankly, I don't trust her opinion on Alaska, let alone Egypt.

Foothill Ranch, CA

170. Lakortornette Gabriel

I do not trust Sarah Palin on Egypt whatsoever because she does not understand or have knowledge of Egypt and their civilation. She has no chance for the upcoming election against Obama or none of the republican party candidates.

171. Margie

Sarah's opinion on everything is irrelevant! Most of us ordinary citizens get it...why doesn't the press?

172. Kathy Krane

As usual, Gov Palin's instincts are excellent but her words are a bit awkward. She's worried about the Muslim Brotherhood! CNN has spent a week parading "experts" in front of the camera to say that the MB is no threat because they only have limited support. But anyone who saw the Iranian Revolution of 79 saw how a small, organized group can hijack a broader revolution.

173. Duane Harbeson

I trust her....a lot more then I do Obama....the only thing he does well is lie to us....

174. Yeshiembet Gemaneh

This is not easy subject to deal with. This is a transitional period and even for the Egyptian themselves will be hard to decide unless well organized party over there.

The transitional committee might invite interested political party to the table and who knows who will be appearing as a qualified or the right party for the country? Here who knows the best for the country is only the people of Egypt. Even Though they need to be very careful not to fail in the hands of unwanted or to more oppressive ruler.

I think Mrs. Palin's opinion is extra. By the way, someone even confused where Egypt is located.

175. Joyce

Sarah palin is an embarrassment to the U.S! Is it too much to hope only we get to hear her? y'know, like keep out dirty linnen private! She really just needs to only address the uneducated rabble she's been commisioned to rouse... Absolutely no trust – nor respect for her either. An elementary debator is more articulate and capable of reasoning than she is! clearly she has deluded herself that being mentioned regularly in the media means she make sense, or that what she says has substance-as opposed to the fact that she relieves gravity in our minds-much like a ridiculous commercial break would- with her idiocy!

176. Sigrid Wyly

I think her world views are as important as those of Lauren Caitlin, Lauren Ashley, and Carrie Prejean.

177. steve

Jack- You are playing right into her hand. She is a self-proclaimed celebrity and nothing more. All CNN does us print or vocalize everything she says which is has less than zero value. She is vain and hypocritical. Have you ever seen a half-term governor and failed VP candidate make so much money after they were politicians? This woman could not be voted dog catcher and everyone knows it. Keep mentioning her and she will never go away. Cha Ching all the way to the bank!

178. Jeanne

Trust her opinion? Her lack of effort to understand issues, combined with her inability to do the same, renders her irrelevant at best, pathetic at worst.

179. Terry Johnson

I would trust Sarah Palin's opinion on Egypt about much as I would trust her recommendations on remodeling an outhouse.

180. Irene

There is not much I would trust that comes from the mouth of Palin. Her purpose is to sow discord and incite to riot by spewing misinformation, rhetoric and inuendo. Loved the look on your face at the end of the clip, though. As they say, one look is worth a thousand words.

181. Valerie

She's a reality show star. That right there would stop me from caring about what she thinks. Then there was really wanting to give her a chance during the election, then watching the VP debates. She's not even sure what her place would have been as VP, she has no right to try and stick her nose in another country's business. This is just more hot air.

182. Don Boiteau

Hi Jack: I'm writing from Sarasota, FL. Once again, Sarah Palin is showing her total lack of knowledge on Foreign Affairs. I trust that everything Obama does will be the correct thing. And if Sarah Palin were in charge of decision making, I would be very uneasy right now. Who was this interview with? I think it was a right wing Christian religious group which is as dangerous as any right wing religious Arab group.

183. Charles T

I'm leaning towards the idea that to be solid a supporter of Mrs. Palin requires a healthy portion of "faith" (in her, not unlike a religious icon), good ol' fashioned "just trust her", and a kick of "don't worry she's got this". I'm guessing any advisers she may have had at one time left the picture quite some time ago.... i hope

184. W.N. Sanabria, Escondido, CA

Message to CNN and the rest of the media. Read the postings here, 2 supporting Palin and hundreds bashing her. Doesn't that tell you to stop giving her the time of day? The American people have moved on; her 15 minutes are over, and only a few simple minded and fact-free people still think she has anything of substance to contribute. Please let her (and us) R.I.P.

185. Lucy Toth

Jack,

I think Sarah Palin is truely a "crackpot". I can't imagine her leading this country and negoiating with International Leaders. What a difference when you hear her speak and hear Hillary Clinton speak.
    Hillary is knowlegable and and so professional. Turns my stomach when I have to listen to Sarah Palin.

Just a side note.....Did anyone notice the body language between O'Reilly and Obama last night? Obama sitting back in his chair and
    so relaxed and O'Reilly sitting at the edge of his seat and interuping
    the President every chance he got.

February 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
  186. PK

Sarah Palin and Miss Teen South Carolina can set up a school of foreign policy.

February 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
  187. Charlie

Well...as expected a lot of flap but no eggs. Just like a chicken lots of noise and no solution.....

February 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
  188. Jeff

Sarah the celebrity candidate where bad press is is still press. She, like her tea bagging followers, speak with no knowledge and fail to offer any solutions. Here's a thought, drop her into Cairo and see if she can resolve the issues. The biggest initial surprise will be the realization the Elizabeth Taylor is no longer running the place.

February 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
  189. EJ in Metro Houston

Jack, Sarah Palin takes her role as a "pitbull with lipstick" to heart because all she does is ATTACK. She never offers any answers or possible solutions and more than half the time what she does say makes little to no sense, BUT as long as what she says is critical and negative about the Obama administration her base is pleased. We need the REAL media (not those guys with a part canine name) to either call her out on her foolishness or stop paying attention to it. I would take her advice on how to boil an egg.

February 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
  190. Ken in NC

I have a greater trust for a Rattle Snake than I have for Sarah Palin.

February 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
  191. john

Sara Palin willl have more tosay about Egypt as soon as she figures out where Egypt is

February 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
  192. J Dedo

I did not see much value in her comment but neither did I in yours, Perhaps you would be better off using your intellect and air time adding value to the world rather than trying to take it away from others.
    Detroit, Mi.

February 7, 2011 at 5:31 pm |
  193. Justin Gasperini

Not at all - Sarah Palin has shown consistently that she is the last person one should listen to when it comes to any major issue. It's hard to hear her answer on CBN and confirms to me once again that she is woefully unprepared and unqualified to be leader of the free world. If the GOP nominates her - Pres. Obama will have my vote.

February 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
  194. Brad L

Sarah Palin feels the need to respond to everything like anyone with half a brain actually cares. The only reason I read is because I want to see what thing she will say next to hurt her party and the pathetic idea that she could actually run this country. She is stereotypical in every way. She lives off fear rhetoric, offers zero solutions, bad mouths the President and comes across more unintelligent & inexperienced each time she opens her mouth. Go be a reality star and leave politics to people who actually understand them.

February 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
  195. Daria Partovi

Trusting Sarah Palin is the same as trusting the fox in the chicken house with one big difference; I can clearly understand chickens & foxes but not Sarah.

February 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
  196. whitmanguy

She knows what the Obama administration knows but isn't telling? Or she knows that they know and aren't telling but she doesn't know what they know? How does she know? Does she know what it is to know? We need strength and stuff.

February 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
  197. nuser

Please no more Palin coverage please.

February 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
  198. Sarah North Carolina

Apparently there are folks who still see chicken and somehow not the abundance of feathers. Why is Sarah Palin still commanding the attention of citizens who might otherwise seem to be reasonable people? They perhaps are engaged by her appearance, simple vocabulary, easy to understand misinformation delivered in formulaic phrases. This is lamentable and does not bode well for the future of our country. Trust her? No. Fear her influence? Yes.

February 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
  199. Heather, CA

I could care less what Sarah Palin thinks. Her opinion has no relevance and offers on help to anyone. I was really enjoying the fact that I hadn't heard anything about or from her her on the news, but now that I have It just reiterates the fact that she only wants to start controversy with comments that have no real importants to whats really happening. When will people realize that she's not worth listening to.

February 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
  200. Mark Deyo

Mr. Cafferty, I am a canadian. I just cant understand why the U.S. Is giving over One Biliiion a year to Egypt for Millitary reasons in order for peace with Isreal when theses very same weapons may end up ultimatly destroying Isreal! Yes oil is a need for the U.S. But if that same 1.3 Billion were to be pumped into the american deficit and econemy, well i wonder if things would be much better for America, Canada for instance has much oil to produce for America, once again we see how the U.S. create there own demise by forign policies.

February 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
  201. jean2009

Why can't this woman just retire to Alaska and quit boring us with her lack of knowledge?

February 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
  202. robert wall

Who cares what she thinks.

February 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm |
  203. ptarmigan

I'm quite sure her vast experience of traveling to Whitehorse for medical care qualifies her as an expert in foreign relations. She's completely worthless...

February 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  204. Pat in Madison, WI

Sara, dear.....this is a delicate matter best left to the grownups...go back to playing with your stuffed animals and picture books.

February 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  205. stewart

I wouldn't trust her opinion on moose hunting...

February 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  206. Dan Coody

Trust her on Egypt? Republicans trusted her to be Vice President of the Unites States! She has never given a cogent, well-reasoned argument on any subject, yet she is the darling of political media. America's idolatry of celebrities unburdened by intellect will be our undoing.

Dan Coody, Fayetteville, Arkansas

February 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  207. MARE

Cafferty you are asking the wrong question. The question should have been : Do you understand the opinion of Palin on the crisis in Egyp? Typical of her isn't ?

February 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  208. Rich W Long Isalnd, NY

I do not trust Sarah Palin's opinion on any issue. Unfortunately she is not a relevant authority on political issues – she is a savy gad-fly who only offers witty criticism; never offers substantive proposals and/or solutions

February 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  209. SUsanSummers

The sad thing is not her displayed total ignorance on EVERYTHING, but the fact that anyone with an IQ over 35 believes her–it is obvious that the general intelligence level of this country is so low that hating others and self absorption is seems to be the norm so that anyone who speaks ill of others like Sarah Palin does is popular.
    SP can't get anything right–or may be I'm the one who is misinformed, when did NORTH KOREA become our ally?

February 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  210. Chuck

I wouldn't trust Gov Quitter about anything other than advise on how to be a brainless media pest.

February 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  211. Abe

Does Sarah Palin know where Egypt is ?..I do not think she has a clue about foreign policies or what is happening on the other side of the world .I will never trust anything she says .She should always be thankful to Senator Mc cain for making her a celebrity ,because she is not a politician .

February 7, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  212. jeanne, moscow, ID

I don't trust Sarah Palin's opinion on any subject. She is the ultimate opportunist who preys on people's fears. She is interested in only one thing, herself , and how she can make more money by simply mouthing off and saying nothing of value. Trust Sarah Palin's opinion on Egypt? No!!! The Egyptian people are yearning for a democracy that will be forged to meet their needs. From what I've heard and read, the Moslem Brotherhood is not a radical Islamist group. Again, she continues to fuel peoples' fears by tossing in the "faith" factor. I wish we could keep her name out of the public domain, as it only enhances her belief that she is someone held in high esteem.

February 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  213. azguy64

She is by far the most clueless politician around today.I mean,doesn't she have competent advisors telling her over exposure has alienated EVERYONE but her small amount of loyal followers? Do poll numbers (sinking poll numbers) matter at all to her? The best thing she could do to help herself (expand her base politically) is to SHUT UP at least for a while.

February 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  214. Olga Sharer

Jack, not only does her voice sound like fingernails on a chalkboard, so do her opinions, same effect!

February 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  215. Adel

Seriously, does anybody listen to her?
    John Cleese called her a parrot, she knows some words by heart and she shovels them around.
    Middle East (and world politics in general) is so complicated and I am so happy that a simple-minded air-headed is not part of the decision making. All I hope now is people to see how empty she is.

February 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  216. Michelle- Morgantown, WV

Why is she still relevant?

How can people still like her?

She has proven time and time again how incompetent she is. It's amazing how oblivious she and her camp are to the reactions people have to her "statements." Sad, really.

February 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  217. Joe

Trust her on Egypt ?! She say the most uneducated things. She shows no knowledge about any suject really (unless it's to trade mark herself) . She never looks onto subjects she just spouts off. I wonder what she thinks after a subject plays out for 5 or 6 days and she sees she is WAY of course.

I wonder I don't why you and others waste air time on her when there are so many other things to report on.

Joe
    FT Bragg NC

February 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  218. Chris H

Oh Please Palin has limited knowledge on any world event or this Nations events. I can't imagine her as our president and God help this country if she were to win an elections. I can't even go there. Keep up the good the work of informing us.

February 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  219. Nate

This is not an opinion on Egypt, but a corporate boardroom soundbite about how you distrust whomever you are trying to stab in the back, cloaked an attempt to get more information.
    An opinion would go something like this:
    "I believe we should stay out of the internal affairs of a sovereign foreign country and let their citizens determine the evolution of that country. I trust the people of Egypt to try to make their future a better one for them and their children. I hope that as this situation plays out, the military does not subvert the will of the people. I wish the people of Egypt the best of luck in this upcoming transition."

February 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  220. Chuck ( Cost Rica)

I wouldn't trust Palin's opinion on Egypt because she can't see it from here and I really don't believe she can't see beyond the palm of her hand.

February 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  221. Paul Fletcher

Next thing you know,Sarah will be able to see Egypt from Alaska, like she sees Russia from her house. Invisible sight you know!

February 7, 2011 at 5:40 pm |
  222. Steve S.

With Sarah's penchant for wanting publicity at any cost, I'm surprised she didn't volunteer to be the "GoDaddy" girl. She would finally find a place to get all the "exposure" she craves.

February 7, 2011 at 5:41 pm |
  223. Dick

Who is Sarah Palin? Is she related to Spiro Agnew?

Dick in Tifton, GA

February 7, 2011 at 5:41 pm |
  224. Doug

How much do I trust Palin's opinion?
    I don't trust it at all.
    Sarah's opinion is only what's good for Sarah.

February 7, 2011 at 5:41 pm |
  225. Jim

maybe Sarah Palin wants to take over Egypt because she thinks she can go down in history as Cleopatra II.

February 7, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
  226. Larry

I'd rather hear if she thinks it's a country or a continent.

February 7, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
  227. mdas

I wouldn't trust Sarah Palin's opinion on the weather, let alone foreign policy

February 7, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
  228. Bob

Jack: I don't trust Sarah Palin's opinion on Egypt or anything else. The bigger question is why you waste our time asking about her opinions. She clearly lacks the knowledge to Intelligently comment on any of the issues that confront this country. If we all stop talking about her, maybe she will just go away.

February 7, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
  229. Marie-Missouri

J Dedo,
    At last, an intelligent remark. She at least doesn't lower herself to make comments to the smutt throwing ignorant crowd that continually must have someone to burn at the stake. In comparison to the VP we have now, she would have been an improvement. It doesn't pay to be a good honest hard working politician that wants the best for her country.

February 7, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
  230. nick in california

Maybe, just maybe we could embalm sarah, turn her into a mummy, then she would have a bit more creditability as far a Egypt is concerned. Then again, I wouldn't want to piss of the people of Egypt. Sorry Sarah, guess we're stuck with you.

February 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  231. Casrl Lunge

Sarah Pailin would be lucky to find her way home with a map. She says nothing, she knows nothing and she is nothing. Typical of most Republicans.

Caerl Lunge
    Medicine Hat, Alberta

February 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  232. Kay

Conservatives have picked someone who tops George W Bush.
    They find charcters who are totally incompetant.

February 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  233. Janean

How much do trust her on the Egypt situation? As much as I would trust her on any given matter. Just give me Big Bird anytime. You are good, Jack!

Janean

February 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  234. Mona Tantawi

The Ex. Governer proved, one again, her ignorance of foreign affairs. The only clear thought she expressed was her attack on the President, of course. Please Mrs. Palin; watch CNN once in a while, they told us many times that: a) two thirds of the Egyptian population are young, and b) that the Muslim Brotherhood is currently estimated at 18 to 20 percent of the population. By the way, I am an American who immigrated from Egypt over 40 years ago, & who would like you to stay away from expressing opinions about subjects you do not know.

February 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  235. chris zeagman

Sarah probably thinks the Pyimids is a finacial con game...lol Huntsville Ontario Canada

February 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  236. Joanne Henigman

Sarah Palin is quick to criticize and slow to offer solutions. She can not even deal with Democrates – how do we expect her to deal with the Egyptians. America would be in big trouble with her in the White House.

February 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  237. Sean

I wouldn't trust her serving me lunch at an Applebees. From our introduction to Sarah, she has not added one thing constructive to any political discussion. I highly doubt she even knows what continent it is on which Egypt resides.

February 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  238. Paul

Can we just stop talking about her now? Who cares what she says or what her opinion is?
    Honest question: WHO CARES?

February 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  239. James D. Macdonald

Trust Palin's on Egypt?

I doubt she could find Egypt on a world map.

February 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  240. maria vega

I'd rather trust the media to stop giving Sarah Palin a platform for her self promotional speak. There are vulnerable naive people out there you know, who turn around and give sarah palin money. Sarah palin's laughing her way to the bank.

February 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  241. Tim

I agree, Jack. One big pillow fight. She should think, or in this and most cases ask someone what her position is, before she speaks.

February 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  242. Richard

Jack:
    Are we to assume she now can see Egypt from her front porch; I'm tired of the someone who gave up her elected position as governor of Alaska, so that she could take the time to demonstrate her lack of knowledge on every new topic, just to further her name recognition. Richard

February 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  243. Jim

Her fifteen minutes expired a year ago or so. Please relegate her to the page with horoscopes. I'll trust her opinion in the same way that I shape my life around astrology and other myth.

February 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  244. Ryan

Come on, Jack.

You should have known the answer to this question before you even asked it. No reasonable person trusts her as a public servant.

February 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  245. Barry Preston

Do I Trust her Opinion?
    If Palin supporters are as ignorant as her: they're probably wondering if her most recent comments are a clear indication that she is now closer than ever to announcing her candidacy for the presidency–OF EGYPT. The announcement could come as early as 3AM. I imagine it must be confusing times for her supporters. Do I trust her opinion? As a non-supporter need I answer that question?

February 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  246. scott

First off, I wouldn't listen to her opinion on an Egyptian restaurant yet alone the governments Egyptian policy. Secondly, she has taken uninformed to an entirely new level, and is dragging a large portion of the Republican party with her. The first point is amusing, the second should worry all Americans.

February 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  247. Jim Campbell, St. Paul, MN

I cannot believe that you continue to cover this idiot. She simply doesn't have a clue about foreign or domestic policy. She should go back to being a sportscaster on a third rate news station. Of course, that might not be good since she would probably blame the Green Bay Packers for the troubles in Egypt.

February 7, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
  248. Darrin G. Chicago Il.

She's a vocal staircase with no bannisters.

February 7, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
  249. David Stevens

"Zero"

I don't know who's scarier "Palin" or "bin Laden"?

February 7, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
  250. John

I think Sarah shoul leave international affairs alone. She doesn't know what she is talking about. It's not her fault, she is just an uneducated right winger. This is the group that thinks that evolution never happened, or that global warming is a myth put on by the liberals, aka educated people.

February 7, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
  251. tom

nope.....wouldnt trust her if she had her hand on the bible under oath....
    her views are off of the wall american is between a rock and a hard spot when it comes to eygpt.....its like america the poor is always mad at the rich....the poor finially united....america needs to learn a lesson both the pokliticians and the ppl...

February 7, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
  252. Billy

Why the hell would anyone trust Sarah Palin's opinion on anything?

February 7, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
  253. Steven Gallagher

The thought that Ms. Palin could become this nations chief executive is frightening. I have vowed to move overseas if this occurs.
    Her comments on Egypt show her ignorance of the situation. She says that we should not "stand" for an Egypt led by the Muslim Brotherhood. I think she misses the move towards Democracy. Democracies are chosen by the nations people, not the government of the United States, a nation three thousand miles from the closest Egyptian voting booth.

February 7, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
  254. rick

18 minutes and 45 seconds. Her 15 minutes was up long ago. Are you guys charging her for the overtime. That's the only reason I can see making any sense for giving her the time of day.....you must be making some money.....right......come on....right!

Listening to Palin....reminds me of reading MAD magazine when I was a kid.....more and more she resembles a live caricature.....what a great parody of herself!

February 7, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  255. Mike

she is just another pretty face.. there is nothing at all between the ears. But she is managing to get rich selling her books..as long as we all keep talking about her.

February 7, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  256. Joe Elliott

Jack,

Why are you even bothering to give this woman any air time at all?

February 7, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  257. Education Insider

Who knew you could see Egypt from Alaska?

February 7, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  258. thymat

I had an employee once who watered a cactus plant for over a year before she realized it was dead. Somehow Sarah Palin reminds me of her.

February 7, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  259. whutchtwo

I would like to respond to what she said, but I am not able to decipher the transcript of her conversation. She constantly shows that she is not smarter than a fifth grader, yet people still waist brain activity listening to her. Few have done more to bring us backwards from solutions to our problems, incite hatred and prejudice, and divide us as a nation than Sarah Palin.

February 7, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
  260. Terry

WOW I guess she'll just keep shooting herself in the foot until the stumps will fit in her mouth. The only thing she knows about Egypt is that King Tut had a condo made of stone-a.

February 7, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
  261. Anne Lynch

No,........... I don't trust her opinion on ANYTHING!
    But my question to you, Jack, and any others, WHY do you keep giving her press?! I'ts like rewarding a misbehaving child, or any inappropriate attention seeker.
    A violation of Psychology 101!

February 7, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
  262. Geoff

Here we go again. We have here a gadfly politician who was unable or unwilling to carry out her job as governor of a state, who is clearly under-educated and under-read to understand either foreign or domestic policy, who has a penchant for saying the most insensitive thing in response to whatever happens, and who criticizes but is nihilistic, having nothing to offer by way of a solution. She seems to continue to be a poster child for hypocrisy (preaching family values with a lack of family values execution in her own family), one who has plenty to say to attack but does not have the fortitude to continue to do her job to which the citizens of Alaska elected her, etc. Her fifteen minutes of fame are way overdue to end. Let's find a more articulate voice with a greater understanding of the world to be a competent conservative spokesperson, please!

February 7, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
  263. Lisa

Perhaps if she knew a little bit about foreign affairs she wouldn't be asking such questions as "who's behind the protests?" (I offer those who no longer wish to be ruled by a dictator?) Further, it's obvious she has no clue as to how US-backed leaders in that region have fared.

Every time she opens her mouth, she continues to demonstrate how little "worldly" knowledge she has. Even more astounding, people still view her as a viable candidate to be president.

February 7, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
  264. Helene

Sarah is entertaining. Part of her entertainment value is the sheer amazement she inspires. How could an adult American be so naive?!!!

I always thought I was a Republican. But Sarah has convinced me that the best possible thing that could come from putting Sarah on the Republican ticket in 2012 would be that Obama would be guaranteed a landslide victory. He, at least, stops to think before he speaks, and generally gets some worthwhile advice, too.

God help America!

February 7, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
  265. Michael K (Baltimore MD)

I didn't really hear an opinion. I heard her uncertainty and definitely her lack of a mature perspective, To be talking about which faction the US should push towards power, really misses the point.
    Many of our international problems today are due to our compulsion to place our people in power in sovereign nations. The Islamic Republic in Iran is a consequence of the CIA meddling in an Iranian election in the 50's.
    Today's turmoil in Egypt may be another consequence of our power brokering. Vietnam, Afghanistan, Nicaragua and Chile are shameful examples of a national policy of denying nations the same right to self-determination we hold so dearly.

February 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  266. Dan in Seattle

That is like trusting me to pilot a 747. Not a good idea! The media needs to stop publishing every thing she breathes. Only when she has no forum will she fade away.

February 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  267. John H.

What really got me about the most recent Palin flim-flamery was when she offered to "help the press" because she has a "journalism degree," and, therefore, is "qualified" to speak on journalism issues. Wow. No experience in actually being a journalist. No foreign policy experience. No true executive experience. No real company experience. Running a very small population state for a couple of years and quitting. Yeah. This airhead's an expert all right. An expert at spouting nonsense that only brain dead people could take at all seriously. Observe where the once-great GOP is headed.

February 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  268. Mark

Jack repeat after me...Sarah who? Everyone should follow that lead and then, just maybe, we can look like an intelligent country once again.

February 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  269. Kathy

I cannot understand why she does not take Ed Rollins advice and educate herself. It has gotten be be embarassing how uninformed she is, and how she doesn't see it. Does she really expect the public to take her seriously?

Now that she has trademarked her "Sarah Palin" brand, will the media need to start paying her royalties every time they write about her?

Albuquerque, NM

February 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  270. Angie

Why not trust her opinion the same as the opinion of other politicians? As far as I'm concerned, I haven't heard anyone make any intelligent, constructive comments since the demonstrations started in Egypt. People only talk about freedom without thinking of the consequences of quick and tempestous changes – look what happened in Iran and Cuba, the people that came after the dictators were worst and have committed atrocious crimes. The US doesn't seem to have a policy regarding dictators – why are we supporting Egypt and why didn't we support the strong, brave opposition in Iran a couple of years ago?

February 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  271. Diane Benti

Thanks, Jack.! This was just the comic relief I needed after a long hard day at work!

February 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  272. T. Davis

The woman wants to trade mark her name! I would rather take advise from "Smokey the Bear" and even "Speedy Alka-Seltzer", both of which are more qualified to be President. Would she place the encircled "R" next to her signature, when she veoed a bill?

February 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  273. Marie

Palin asked, What does America stand for? I know what the Great America does not stand for. American does not stand for ignorance. Why Pres Obama is Pres. And Palin is NOT VP.

February 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm |
  274. Michael

Sarah Palin makes no logical sense, never seems to have a coherent thought in her head. Her total ignorance is astounding. In the case of Egypt, why does she believe that we have a responsibility to find leaders for other countries? Why can't they find their own leaders? Why does she believe we should parent the world? Why are we constantly hearing from her? Why doesn't she just go away?

February 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  275. Pat Gallus

Jack:
    Does anyone with a brain even care if or when Sarah Palin opens her mouth?
    More rhetoric to cover up the real problems that need solving.

February 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  276. Robert from Detroit

Jack,
    I trust Sarah Palin's foreign policy opinion about as much as Paris Hilton.

February 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  277. lstro

I don't trust anything this woman says and never have. She's a complete phony and it's clearly evident everytime she opens her mouth. Remember her trip to Haiti? This was her 3am phone call and what was her contribution then or since, absolutely nothing. It was nothing more than a photo opportunity for her. She's as phony as it gets.

February 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  278. jorge

With as much play as you guys give her she must really be making progress...interesting...

February 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  279. Anthony

Sarah Palin has has a vast knowledge of Egypt. She has watched "The Mummy" numerous times.

February 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  280. MARKPAIN

Anne Mellor said it best. The scary part is that there are people like Marie-Missouri that support her. I guess we can live with that but try telling us why those of us that don`t support her are always criticized with "venom" by her supporters.

February 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm |
  281. Michael Sonnenberg

Sarah Palin's grasp of world politics is akin to her grasp of the English language; marginal at best. It's absolutely frightening that she has supporters in any fashion. And questions of a possible run for POTUS? Dear God...I would move to a tiny island somewhere out of the path of the horrific damage she would do to the political relations between countries. Absolutely frightening.

February 7, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
  282. RedBow7

Unfortunately Jack, I can't trust her opinion. It's really ashame however, because I really want to but the more she opens her mouth about issues and produces not much substance, the more turned off I become.
    I'm still getting over the writting on the hand and her seeing Russia from Alaska and knowing how to handle the poliitcs involved there! What!
    And she wants to be POTUS? Are you kidding me!
    Seriously, there used to be standards for anyone in public politics, but I suppose that has gone the way of the dodo bird🙂, Oh my, I must be getting too old–I'm only 63 and that's not old, is it Jack!🙂
    As someone said on a interview with Larry King, "she should stay in Alaska"...ah, yep, that's about right!
    Thanks Jack.

February 7, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
  283. dave johnson

Can we please move on from the disgruntled losing candidate for Vice President and concentrate on someone with an intelligent and educated point of view. Thank you!

February 7, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
  284. Allison Dow

How much do you trust Sarah Palin's opinion on anything?

San Antonio TX

February 7, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
  285. Frank

What is becoming more and more obvious is just how unsuited Sarah Palin would be as any sort of US Leader. She is reactionary, and wants to get her hands into fights that don't even afect her. In this case, We have no right to do anything, or right to say anything. this is an internal matter in Egypt, and all we can do is suggest and hope. General Consensus across the board is that President Obama is handling this quite well. Even the Republicans agree. That must really rankle her and her Tea Baggers.

February 7, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
  286. Gia in Los Angeles

Not a lick! She has no clue what's going on behind the scenes. The U.S. cannot be seen as having any influence publically, but privately we have no idea what Obama and his administration are orchestrating or how long they've been involved. Egyptians have a 14% approval rating of the U.S. They don't trust us. Anything we do publically will just be seen as being for our own benefit and not theirs. Therefore, anything we do has to be covert. We'll probably never know Obama's influence in this situation.

February 7, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
  287. Kenneth Krieger

Sarah Palin got it right the first time. Mean while Obama behaved like it was amateure night. He had so many different positions, he had to have one you liked. He is 2 years into the job and still is bumbling. Ken Krieger Cape Coral, Florida

February 7, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
  288. Mike C

It is unfortunate that Ms. Palin has taken a lease on center stage. As an Alaskan, I have seen her trade on an image as a "reformer", obtained by stabbing her own party in the back. Subsequently, she has been all image and no substance, not even finishing her term as governor.
    The frightening aspect of this whole thing is that she has followers who refuse to question her honesty and intelligence and accept every word as gospel. As long as she is against the president, these people will follow her right over the cliff.

Anchorage, Alaska

February 7, 2011 at 5:51 pm |
  289. Dan

If Sarah Palin told me the sky was blue I'd assume otherwise.

February 7, 2011 at 5:51 pm |
  290. buckeyekarl

She thought Africa was a country. So much for knowledge of the region.

February 7, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
  291. David A Whitaker

Jack I only have one thing Sarah Palin might be able to do, is read children see spot run period.

David
    Martinsburg,WV

February 7, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
  292. Elaine

No, she has no experience with international affairs and should keep her opinions to herself. Her comments are so lame that it just magnifies her inability to be a candidate for much of anything.

February 7, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
  293. Randy Ray

Sarah Palin's comments about Egypt are extremely disappointing for someone who continues to be in the media spotlight, claims to represent a significant number of conservative Americans and is trying to position herself for the next Presidential election. Her remarks reminded me of the phrase: "No Sh## Sherlock. Tell me something I don't know!" You'd hope to hear something meaningful from her on the subject given how much time has elapsed on the subject.

February 7, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
  294. Mohamed Kazamel

I am from Egypt and I live in the US. I do not trust Governor Palin on Foreign policy issues at all including the crisis back home. I think that the reason why Egypt's protests are void of anti-USA slogans is that Gov Palin and people like her are not currently in the White House.

February 7, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
  295. Kippen Moxness

Remember this is the woman that thought "Africa" was a country! enough said!

February 7, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
  296. CJ

It makes no difference what the current administration does, the quitter governor will argue to the contrary. She now says she would do something but constantly criticizes the government when they don't. She doesn't know what the government is doing because they don't consult her. She isn't in their reporting chain. She has figured out that polarizing means to argue the opposite point no matter the circumstances. Keep it up Sara, you are working on killing the credibility with the few that still like you.

February 7, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
  297. Fran T

This is a person who needs to go back to school to study international politics before she utters a word!

February 7, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
  298. John Taylor

Unfortunately, Ms Palin is seldom constructive. She relies on an emotional response rather than a well-informed one.

Each time I question someone who is a fan of Palin's they are unable to "put the finger" on what they like about her; furthermore, they are yet to explain an issue of hers that they support.

John
    Vancouver Canada

February 7, 2011 at 5:53 pm |
  299. Barking Alien

I think she is clueless on domestic and foreign policy. Why is anyone looking to her for answers? You should never argue with a crazy mama, you ought to know by now – Billy Joel

February 7, 2011 at 5:55 pm |
  300. Geo, Newark

I'd rather hear from Snooki.

February 7, 2011 at 5:55 pm |
  301. Jacques/Quebec City (Canada)

Oh nice ! She finally found where Egypt is located ... south of Russia.
    Can you imagine if she had been elected President of USA ?
    Does anybody thinks , she would greet Pres. Obama on the way he have handled that delicate subject ?

February 7, 2011 at 5:55 pm |