November 10th, 2010

Two years later, do you ever miss Pres. Bush?

ALT TEXT

George W. Bush waves while signing copies of his new memoir, 'Decision Points' at a Borders Books in Dallas. (PHOTO CREDIT: Tom Pennington/GETTY IMAGES)

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

George Bush is out hawking a new book, and suddenly the former president is popping up all over the place, from broadcast news interviews to Oprah's couch.

Two years later, it seems worth comparing the former occupant of the Oval Office to the current one.

Howard Kurtz writes in his Daily Beast column that the contrast between presidents Bush and Obama in recent appearances could hardly be sharper. Kurtz calls it the Decider versus the Agonizer.

Bush, as always, talks in those short, declarative sentences and appears sure of himself - even on weighty issues like waterboarding, Saddam and WMDs. On the other hand, Kurtz writes that President Obama's "finely rendered prose" and meandering around any topic makes him sound like a think tank analyst.

Kurtz points out that Bush doesn't have nearly as much on the line here, except maybe some image rehab. He compares the man who approved torture to the man who tortures himself.

After eight years of President Bush, it felt like most of the country couldn't wait to be rid of him. "Bring 'em on," "Wanted dead or alive," and "I'm the decider," had gotten on everyone's nerves. Much of America welcomed the more intellectual and eloquent Barack Obama with open arms. But the new love affair is shaping up as a bit of a one night stand.

Forty-five percent of those surveyed in a recent CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll say Bush was a better president, compared to 47 percent who feel that way about President Obama.

A year ago, only 34 percent thought Bush had been a better president, compared to 57 percent for Mr. Obama.

At this point, the trend is not President Obama's friend.

Here’s my question to you: Two years later, do you ever miss President Bush?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Wilson writes:
As a Texan, I should have some sort of fondness for the former president. He seems to be a good man not up to the task who surrounded himself with the worst team at the worst possible moment. Miss him? I can't afford to. Jack, you seem to want to have the Bush years seem nostalgic, to fawn to the recent elections where we gave the keys back to the kids that wrecked the car in the first place.

Susanne writes:
President George W. Bush is a man who is comfortable with who he is and a man of integrity. He definitely wasn't a perfect president. He had to deal with some very tough circumstances and I believe he always had America's best interest at heart. You can see it in his eyes. I miss him as our president!

Ken in Maryland writes:
People in this country have incredibly short memories, hence the return to Republican power last week. Bush was a disaster for this country. Do I ever miss him? Not for a second.

Duane writes:
Yes, I miss him. He was straightforward and didn't beat around the bush, no pun intended. When he told the nation something, he said what he meant. There haven't been many presidents like him!

Scott writes:
Absolutely not. In fact, I am quick to the draw when the ex-president appears on the television in order to change the channel - to skip the reminder of the previous eight years.

Jerry in California writes:
Absolutely. Compared to what we have seen from Obama to date, there is no comparison. Bush was honest and forthright with the welfare of the people as goal #1; Obama is a political hack with people surrounding him who put politics ahead of governing the country for the good of the people!

T. in Michigan writes:
Every single day.

Pete writes:
Sure I do, and admit it, Jack – you do too! The never-ending supply of material he provided kept you employed for 8 years.

1. Dan

Not at all...too bad this current one isn't stopping the unwinable war in the Middle East because we really could use that war money over here to help domestically or reduce the deficit

November 10, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  2. Bill

After 11 years in the Navy, and this January only getting a Presidential proposed 1.9% pay raise, after getting at least 3% or more over the last ten years, the answer is YES. At a time when more military in our country are deployed, not increasing our pay to the norm it has been over the last 12 years is sad. I certainly miss him. Our current president doesn't have a clue. His priorities are all over the place. At least Bush gave an answer and stuck by his ways. Bring him back In my opinion.

November 10, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  3. Max

I miss him like I miss having a bullet in my head, Jack.

Los Angeles, CA

November 10, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  4. Jan Deal, Norfolk, VA

I miss President Bush very much. Will we ever have that kind of Harry Truman, George Bush integrity and clarity again? I pray for it.

November 10, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  5. Marshall in NE

Daily! Marshall in NE

November 10, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  6. Tam

Did he really think for himself? Did he think?!

November 10, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  7. Jason C

Oh, HELL to the NO! That man hated everyone that wasn't a white, straight, rich man. I wish Americans remembered what he was like, but I guess they forgot. George W. Bush was power-hungry and foolish.

Jason
    Durham, NC

November 10, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  8. will from Co.

Yes Jack,

I miss President Bush because there is nothing like a good clown show. I thought Bozo was funny, but that clown name George W. Bush is funnier than any other clown I have ever seen.

November 10, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  9. Bill

Do I miss George Bush ! You have got to be kidding right. Miss him got to be the biggest joke ever. NO I don't miss him, too bad we couldn't have just missed him being our President for 8 years.

November 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  10. dew

yes, eveytime obama on tv i miss bush more

November 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  11. Clint

Ever miss who?

November 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  12. Duane Donecker

Yes I miss him, he was straight forward and didn't beat around the bush, no pun intended when he told the nation something, he said what he meant hasn't been many presidents like him!!!

November 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  13. Ted

Mr. Bush left office and led a quiet life. He did not get into the midterm elections,he let the people make the choice. On the other hand Bill Clinton loves to be the center of attention. He was running all over the country trying to get dems elected.( WE KNOW HOW THAT WORKED OUT ) Now Bill clinton is no where to be found. Mr. Bush minded he own business. Bill Clinton got into every ones else business.

November 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  14. John Rice

I miss him terribly. GWB was 10 times the president and decisive leader that the current knucklehead is. GWB has a backbone. OHB has laid the groundwork for America to be a victim again, just like Clinton. When you coddle your enemies you simply give them the opportunity to hurt you. Can't wait for 2012 to put an exclamation point on the recent conservative wave.

Amarillo, TX

November 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  15. Larry Johns

Bush never told a vast number of American's to just stop hollering, sit down and just say thank you after Congress passed his Obamacare... His wife never said she was never proud of America... so yes.. I kinda do miss him.

November 10, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  16. saftgek

That anyone even acknowledges the existence of George W. Bush defies any sense of reason. The Bush-Cheney Regime laid waste to human, environmental, worker rights AND dismantled the U.S. Constitution in its actions. The Bush Adminisration is easily the most corrupt in our country's history – even overshadowing the Nixon and Reagan Administrations. George Bush has permanently contaminated and stained our White House.

George Bush and Dick Cheney are vile, contemptable, evil people. With that said, George Bush's actions were as much out of ignorance and a John Wayne Complex as anything else; Dick Cheney's actions were out of power-mongering, greed and an inherently evil soul.

How anyone could "miss" George Bush is a marvel to me. The book someone wrote about him (that he states HE wrote) is an unnecessary organ, for we already know all we need to know about this contemptable biological entity. Sadly, people are now trying to whitewash his sins against humanity – domestic and global.

As a 61 year-old lifelong independent voter and citizen of the world, I will never forget the waste laid on our country and its reputation. It is clear that, in my lifetime, I will not see full recovery from the destruction at the hands of the Bush-Cheney Regime.

November 10, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  17. Jeffrey V

On a personal level, perhaps. Even though his presidency was largely a failure – both domestically and overseas – I do think he is a likable man. But his catastrophic economic policies and the disastrous Iraq War make me glad he's no longer in the White House.

I will hear his side of things, however, by reading his book.

Jeff in Redding, CT

November 10, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  18. SCOTT

Absolutely not. In fact, I am quick to the draw when the ex-president appears on the television in order to change the channel to skip the reminder of the previous eight years...

November 10, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  19. Jerry C-California

Absolutely............compared to what we have seen from Obama to date, there is no comparison.

Bush was honest and forthright with the welfare of the people as goal #1, while Obama is a political hack with people surrounding him who put politics ahead of governing the country for the good of the people!

November 10, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  20. Rod

NOPE.

Louisville, KY

November 10, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  21. Mark Zalewski

November 10, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  22. Lynne NJ

This is a trick question, right?

November 10, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  23. Steve in Missouri

Jack,I don't miss disco,cigarettes,Peewee herman,outhouses,Yugos, that show Lost,and I don't miss Bush. Americans seem to think the best president is the one they just had or the next one.

November 10, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  24. Lorie

Absolutely Not!!!!!!!!!!! And anyone who thinks Bush was a good president must be out of their minds. He's the reason the country is in the shape it's in.

November 10, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  25. Adrienne

After the hell George W. Bush put this nation through during his two terms, anyone who misses his presence in the White House is an idiot.

November 10, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  26. Anna in New Mexico

That's a stupid question. Only the people at Palin's rallies misses him, you know the ones with the sign, "lets take the country back". Charming as he can be and very likeable, he still was not a good president.

November 10, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  27. daniel conklin

Yes I miss him. At least he worked at being President, unlike BO that works at being campaigner, golfer, traveler, and political analyist that determined Democrats did not get a wooping.

November 10, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  28. Montello (northeast Nevada)

Nope, and I won't miss Barack Obama, either. And I'm so hoping Sarah Palin will go away soon so I can not miss her, too.

29. Shannon

Bush wasn't the devil evryone talked about near the end of his tenue any more than Obama is the failure he's being made out to be by some. The reality is that politics loves you then leaves you.
    Let's not forget that Bush didn't ask for 9/11but did act decisivly to prevent another one. His decisions to protect us may be distastful to some but such is the burden of leadership. Waterboarding & the Patriot Act got results and saved more lives than we are likely to know. Katrina was a damn disaster made worse by poor leadership in New Orleans. FEMA screwed it up worse; Bush was not a fault directly, but leaders bear the blame for what happens on their watch.
    So what will History say of Obama? Will he be pure vilan or saint?
    I'd prefer a decisive leader to a guy who plays angels. History eventually sides with the strong...

30. Jon

No. And I still can't believe anyone is seriously asking the question. Perhaps you've all forgotten how badly he and his administration screwed up - but some of us have longer memories than that.

31. pkfops

With 4427 of our good people killed for no good reason.

You have to be kidding.

Pete
    CA

November 10, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  32. Tony P. from Oakland, Ca.

Yes.....I really miss $5 a gallon gasoline. Those were great days.......

33. Larry

Yes. Bush was forthright and honest whereas Obama made promises that caused independents to vote for him. Once in office he abandoned job creation, deficit control and governing for all in favor of only promoting the far left agenda.

34. Steve

Yes, I miss George leading this Nation. I am so happy to see the polls rise up to show that the Nation is really starting to miss him too. I think his tough leadership is what we need now. It is only a matter of time before America is hit by terrorist once again and if Obama keeps catering to Moslems it will happen soon. It's time to face up that there are radicals using that religion to take action against America. If he doesn't wise up, he will have his 9/11. We are having too many close calls and we are going to miss one before long.

35. timmy

No. With Bush and all the GOP, they were pushing our country into a military state, similar to countries like China, Cuba, and North Korea.

36. DL

Absolutely. After 2 years of what you called "the more intellectual and eloquent Barack Obama". I miss the straight talk of President Bush, befuddled as it sometimes was. It got a little old after 8 years, but Obamas' rhetoric is old now.

37. Independent Joe

Jack,

I have to admit, at times I do miss Pres. Bush. Maybe it was the way he demonstrated confidence when confronted with difficult issues, or, maybe it was the way he snobbed the liberals. Either way I knew he was trying to do the best for us, and he didn't give a crap what the people on the far right or left felt about him.
    When history books are written about George W Bush I believe he will be percieved as a leader with skin thick as bark. I seriously doubt President Obama will be percieved as a strong american president.

Joe (Mn)

38. Beata Allen

Miss him? Not even for a minute. It amazes me that people seem to forget how messed up he left this country only two years ago. It take a lot tonger to build a house then it does to tear one down. Lets work together and give President Obama's plan a chance. People didn't like FDR when he left office, but now he is credited with getting us out of the last depression.

39. Scott B.

You've got to be kidding me. No amount of spin or nostalgia will render George W. Bush as anything but one of the worst Presidents in U.S. history. With the possible exception of invading Afghanistan - which his administration quickly and thoroughly bungled - I can't think of any decision he made as President that I agree with or thought was good for the country. From the invasion of Iraq, to unsustainable spending, to tax cuts during TWO wars, to torture, to disastrous deregulation, to Guantanamo, to a bloated, ineffectual Homeland Security, to the reaction to Katrina ... Americans sure are fickle and have microscopic memories is all I can say about those ridiculous poll numbers about Bush's rising popularity.

40. charlene canter

I miss him about as much as I do a root canal
    I guess 45% of americans have alzheimers another good reason for solid health care

41. Joan Daugherty

Not one little bit. I wish he would go back into hiding. Who cares if Bush uses short sentences and made-up words. At least I can understand Obama when he talks. Actions speak louder than words. Bush drove this country to near disaster.

42. cdchicago

Good Lord, no. From more vacation then the first 25 Presidents combined, to commuting the sentence of guilty Scooter, to flying over drowning Americans to declaring war in Iraq as easily as he could Canada to destroying the U.S. economy through omission and absence I really don't miss this guy. Just because he found enough time to put crayon to paper does not mean he should warrant any more attention.

Please Mr. Bush, stay on the grass at SMU and stop confessing your omission of real thought and lack of the grasp of facts. Leave analysis of your Presidency to the professionals.

43. Doug Clark

I miss $1.65 gasoline, I miss the rest of the world not thinking that we are better than them and can invade them whenever we like for any or no reason. I miss not worrying so much about my retirement that Mr. Bush stole from me and millions of other Americans. I miss not thinking so much that corporate executives are stealing the middle class' hard earned income. Mr Bush, his errogance and his close friends (CEO exec's) are fleecing this country dry!
    Do I miss Mr Bush....Hell No!

44. Don

Jack, President Obama could not answer a question with a simple yes or no if his life depended on it. He gives answers that leave you to belive what ever you want. President But gave breif answers that made it clear what he meant. You may not agree with Bush but you can't understand what Obama is saying

45. Dan Hancher

President Bush was a leader that had some really tough issues to deal with such as the terrorist attacks and Katrina we got thru those things finally, with this president currently in power we do not have a real leader, he goes with what he perceives is the trend for the day, god help us if we have another terriorist attack from a muslim group, he will not be able to deal with it in a manner that protects this nation.

46. Trmme

Heck No !!!!

47. v.j. abreu

We will pay for George W. Bush's actions for many years to come. Obama may not be what everyone thinks he should be, but he is defenitely an improvement.

48. Gordon

I do not miss the un-american policies of the Bush administration. I had a bad case of the flu last year. I don't miss that either.

49. moderateray

I miss GWB in only one sense. From the standpoint of a comic character, even today he is a million times more effective than Obama. I am, however, more than happy to relinquish that in return for the disappearance of the former president from the public stage.

50. DAISHI

He got us embroiled in a senseless war with a country that had nothing to do with our targets in Afghanistan so.... no.

51. MattGA

absolutely not. to those saying he spoke "truth"... do you remember the WMD's that were in Iraq? the whole reason we wasted 3 Trillion on a country we never should have been in? how about his ridiculous tax cuts for the rich that in no way stimulated the economy?

No Cafferty, i do not miss him. and never will.

52. leroy

Never, except when i need a laugh, wait-never!

53. Jim

Yes, He is a good friend and also was a very Wise President.

54. Mary

I would never miss Bush. He has no conscience and he's self righteous. I've tried to see things his way so many times and cringe. The only good thing he did was establish the "do not call list" for telemarketers.
    Mesa, AZ

55. Melinda

Absolutely not! Just because our ex-president is a likeable guy does not mean we have to miss him, especially as our president.

President Bush is the reason that the national unemployment rate is 9.6%.

He is the reason that this country has lost hundreds of soliders for a senseless war. We would not have gone to war if he had not have lied about weapons of mass destruction.

He is the reason that this country has a deficit due to his tax cuts for the rich without funds to support his decision.

His book Decision Points, will not change what happen nor will any spin he attempts now to try to rewrite history.

I wish President Bush good will as he served 8 years as our president, but I cheered when he left and 2 years will not erase my cheer.

Melinda from Charlotte, NC

56. Juli - Cooperstown

Miss Bush? You're kidding?!? Does anyone remember the reality of his 8 years? Tax cuts that didn't work, deregualtion that nearly sunk the entire global economy. And let's not forget the lies that brought us to war. I proudly sport a bumper sticker that reads "Gearge W. Bush Deserves a Fair Trial."

57. Peg

NO, absolutely do not miss seeing, and especially listening to his ignorance and lack of respect – He was always talking down to the American people as if he had all the answers and was the most patriotic president, LOL. Pes. Obama is a joy to listen to and shares both sides of the issues with all people and has encouraged everyone to work together to get something done. If Bush was in office we would still be sitting here with no move on Healthcare Reform. And unemployment would have been much worse...

58. Mike Thompson, Austin, TX

Do I miss President Bush? Jack, I miss him about as much as I miss a root canal.

59. Al- Phila

Yes I do miss Bush... After almost two years of a lot needless activity with no results I would much rather go back to the a President who under promised and over delivered than the current who likes to offer the moon and deliver next to nothing. He has spent a lot of money with no results and continues to blame Mr Bush. Is there a leader in the house!

60. Betty

I absolutely, positively DO miss President Bush. I always felt safe with him leading America. Bush's honesty and humility and resolute strength is a far cry from the wimpy president we have now.

61. Marilyn Cartwright

I am so fed up with Obama and yes, I miss Bush! He kept us safe. I am worried every day with the narcisstic leader we have now who drones on and on and alleniates the world leaders around us. God help us with one term, PLEASE!

62. Sydney Australia

Maybe Bush was not a great of a speaker as obama is but he was making a lot of the right decisions.

63. bill brooke

The so-called "Decider" cost America dearly by his decisions regarding Bin Laden and Sadam's weapons of mass destruction. Neither were ever found! Yet President Bush declared victory aboard the American warship. It may have been a high point for George Bush but it will be considered a low point for America historically. Do I miss these horrible decisions? Not much!

Bill-Fairhope, AL

64. Donald Evans

Absolutely – Sorry that Bush is not the intellectual that he thinks(?) Obama is, but if that is the case then god save us from intellectuals. Bush did less damage in 8 years than Obama has done in 22 months. At least Bush knew which hand to place over his heart during the National Anthem, the words to the Pledge of Allegiance and he was proud to be an American. I guess intellectuals don't learn these things in school. Too bad!

65. Gloria Gale

Yes, I just bought my "I Miss W' bumper sticker. In my mind, President Bush has always been a gnetleman. President Obama is rude and devisive. Gloria Springfield, Oregon

66. Michael

Is this even a serious question. President Bush was quite possibly the worst president the United States has ever known, even more than Nixon. Atleast Nixon never authorized the tortures of hundreds of men, lied to his country to authorize a war, enacted programs which included spying on private telephone conversations of American citizens in America and ignored residents of one of America's most populous cities when a natural disaster struck. Miss him, the man is lucky he is not in prison.

67. Dolores Surprise AZ

I miss bush about as much as I would mill palin if she fell off the face of the earth....is that enough.

68. Jon

Yes, I really miss Bush- a good, decent man who loves America and did what was right, not neccessarily popular.

69. Matt

No, i honestly can't think of one thing he did well as president. He started two wars, crippled our economy as he was leaving, and made us look foolish time and time again. Why would i miss him.

70. AnnieLy

President Bush was a good President
    He did his job pretty well.
    There is a big difference....
    He is a gentleman and I miss him very much

71. drp146

Of course I don't miss the man responsible for our current economic disaster. There is no man on this planet who could have taken the office of the Presidency after Bush and dug us out of the deep hole Bush got us into in just two years, and I think not even in two terms. But Enron, Exxon Mobil, Halliburton, Bectel, the pharmaceutical companies and all big corporations got billions in tax cuts and did we get jobs from those tax cuts? NO! The economy hemorrhaged jobs under Bush and during his administration there were 1.6 TRILLION in tax cuts. And the Republicans still try to sell their standard ploy that tax cuts create jobs, so what else is new?

72. Judy

Is amnesia going around? Bush got us into 2 wars, with highly questionable reasons. Isn't that pretty serious? Bush screwed up just about everything, and left a big mess to Obama. His name is Obama. Not GOD. Obama has been working his heart out to get us back on track. I, for one appreciate his efforts, and think he has done a tremendous job under the circumstances.

73. Ken

No, I could only imagine what state our country would be in if it wasn't for George Bush. I remember the state of the conutry when he took office. If he was serious, paying attention and doing his job, by hiring qualified people instead of 'yes men', 9/11 may not have happened. His stupid mistake gave him the ability to cash checks the country couldn't afford and continues to pay for now and years to come. It's crimianl what he got away with.

November 10, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  74. Holly Shaw

I don't miss the out of control spending that also came with the Bush administration, but I do miss having a man in the white house who at least had some understanding about what it means to run a business and meet a payroll. I think we should revisit this question a year after the Bush tax cuts expire.

November 10, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  75. Penny

No way! Fool me once, fool me twice... well... duhhhhh.. you can't fool me twice or something stupid like that. The man was a conduit for even stupider folks. Hell no, I do not miss GWB.

November 10, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  76. FtWorthCat

Another way to put it would be the Bush43 speaks in absolute terms about issues that are not absolute. Obama agonizing over decisions, and weighing both sides of an issue is hardly a weakness.

November 10, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  77. Bill

President Bush will forever be one of the greatest and most sincere President's this country has ever had. I read with amazment some of the negative comments on this post. Look at the clown in office now and all the mess this country is in. President Bush protected Americans and did what he was elected (twice) to do. MAKE DECISIONS! Not win a popularity contest!

November 10, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  78. Shannon

Oh, hang on there. Before we decide to hate Bush and declare him the unmissable destroyer of our nation, let's recall who ran the congress that delt out the legislation which destroyed our economy & approved the wars.

I miss the man. But then, I missed him 2 years into his presidency. As a Texan, I knew him as a fantastic Governer. As a supporter, I remember his grand plans before he was saddled with 9/11. Anyone want to recall his desire to work with Democrats from day one! Anyone remember his first real act as president was to work with Ted Kennedy on education?

November 10, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  79. Pam

Very much so. Obama acts like the King of America. Just like Clinton, the American people just swoon over anything that comes out of Obama's mouth. Clinton was too busy having his "fling" in the White House instead of being our President and the American people just poo poo'd it. Let's see what kind of wool Obama tries to pull over everyone's eyes!

November 10, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  80. Stephen

Not Bloody Likely!!!

November 10, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  81. Claudia, Houston, Tx

There's nothing Bush misses about me and the feeling is mutual.

November 10, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  82. Dinu - NYC

Miss him? No, I think the country needed change after 8 years. Change is good and he's had a run at the presidency for a long time. The question really is: are we going to miss Obama? And my answer unfortunately is: so far no.

November 10, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  83. Frank in NY

Absolutely. It was nice having a leader willing to make the tough choices to protect our county.

November 10, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  84. Lucas Mcnamara

Yes, I do miss G.W. He had integrity, at least. He believed in God.
    No, I do not agree with all the decisions he made, I mean he started the bailouts and really acted like he didn't give a doggone during the last year of his candidacy. At least he had experience and was surrounded by something more than clowns. Karl Rove is brillant and so is Dick Cheney, like it or not.

November 10, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  85. Doyle Traw

Hell No! If he had never been in office we would have saved several thousand American soldiers and tens of thousands of Iraqi people. We would have saved $1.5 trillion. We would still have the right to privacy in regards to banking, mail and internet.
    I don't miss his lies, either.

November 10, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  86. Jeff In Minnesota

Six of one, half a dozen of another. I don't think he was any better or worse than President Obama. They both got dealt a pretty lousy hand and Bush did what he could with his. The jury is still out with President Obama, but I don't think he's doing the best he can with what he's been dealt. Time will tell how well each of them did.

November 10, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  87. Cat

NO NO NO and that means NO.
    Bush was stupid and Cheney a coward (he got 5 deferments to keep from going to Vietnam, he better things to do!! My friend who died in Vietnam, had better things to do too, like grow old and have a family).
    Both are pieces of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 10, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  88. Hobgoblin

Not missed at all.

November 10, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  89. Lee

I don't miss Bush as president in the slightest...but I do miss all the "Bush-ism's" from his tenure. "Is our children learning" was my favorite.

November 10, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  90. Bob Rockford, Il

No, It's Bill Clinton I miss.

November 10, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  91. stan c

I never missed him even when he was president, stupid as a rock, and basically dishonest as you can get, that stupid cowboy manner was no cover,

November 10, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  92. Deuce

Seriously? Miss HIM?

What are you guys smoking down there at CNN headquarters?

Now, Billy Clinton...man oh man I miss him. If I could just have the 90's back...

November 10, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  93. Jerry

Wow! Miss GWB! No I don't think so Jackeee. Obama isn't doin all we hoped for but at least he can talk in front of a camera

November 10, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  94. Patricia ID

Never, ever. Seeing him on every channel this week reminds me what a weasely old man he is. I can hardly believe he was the president for 8 years–but of course it's not like he was actually in charge of the country.

Boise

November 10, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  95. DB

He was a terrible person and an even worse president. He was profoundly uncurious, proudly ignorant and acted completely entitled. Do you miss him? What a joke. It depresses me that some Americans are stupid enough to answer yes...

November 10, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  96. Becky Ann

No. I was born not far from President Truman's house and President Bush is no Harry Truman. I wish people would stop making that comparison.

November 10, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  97. PS

There is no need to miss the shrub because we have so many equally stupid Repukes to replace him.

November 10, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  98. Marty

OMG what have we done! Bush at least seemed like he cared about future generations financial health.

Cleveland, Ohio

November 10, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  99. Leo

President Bush is a funny guy. That's probably my best one-liner that describes him. I'm glad Obama took over the administration though. I think Bush's "decisiveness" hid his inability to fully understand a situation, such as the Iraq War and the first $800 billion stimulus plan.

November 10, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  100. Mike

Yep – every single day. I can't stand the dope we have in office now. He is bent on cramming his ideology down our throats – Obama care will prove to be one of the worst pieces of legislation ever. His anti free market stance and damning of anyone making money is crippling our recovery. Let's hope this clown is a one term blip in history. Bush was at least honest and had honeable intentions – Obama just wants to the power that comes with the office.

November 10, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  101. John

Yes! Everyday since Obama walked into the White House.

November 10, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  102. paul

I miss Bush everyday when I have to hear Obama complain about and blame Bush for his problems. Do you hear the new NFL coach blame his predecessor after 2 years for his team still losing? Do you hear a CEO blame the company’s poor performance on the last CEO? If you did they would be fired, which is what is going to happen to Obama in 2012.

Paul
    Abilene Texas

November 10, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  103. Mark Lewis

The only thing I miss about the Bush era is late night comedy. It just seems that comedians were a lot funnier when Bush was in office.

November 10, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  104. john

I miss "W" like I miss a bleeding ulcer!

November 10, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  105. michael spinney

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!! He stood by what he believed in and was not afraid to take the heat, from his critics. I dont believe in socialism as the current hack we have in office. I thought maybe "CHANGE" would come and things might improve with the putz we have in office now. He is a reminder of the guy who gets a job by sweet talking his way in the door and having no idea what he is doing. Let me help pack the U-Haul in 2012 and make room for Mike Huckabee.

November 10, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  106. joe acuff

like a sour thumb {it will feal better IF it stops hurting}

November 10, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  107. John

Most of you that hate Bush forget that t=your democrats ran both houses the last two years of Bush's term, and strangely for 6 years the economy was OK and suddenly the last two it went to the dogs. Both parties contributed to it, Bil Clintons' wonderful economy was based on Non regulated accoutning rules by bioth the Republican house and congress, and Clinton's wiling participation. So blaming Bush is like blaming the ants for eating the carcass after the lion kiled it and the vultures picked it clean. Obama had a chance to actually do something to try to correct all of this, but he had his socialist agenda and it was more important than getting people back to work so he is and wil pay dearly. A one termer and good riddance !

November 10, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  108. Judy & John Allen

Absolutely NOT! Unfortunately, we will be living with the damage he created to this country for a long time...consider the Supreme Court. President Obama can only hope to begin to correct some of the extreme right-wing rhetoric . He's learning but we need to give him time. We lost one of the only reasonable voices in the Senate when Russ Feingold was defeated last week. The amount of money spent by his opponent in that race was staggering! The week before the election Johnson averaged three "recorded" calls per day at our house. We can only hope to live long enough to see some intelligence triumph over greed and money eventually. IT will be a rocky road until then...

November 10, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  109. gene

what a terrible president! never, never, never!!!

November 10, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  110. Robert in CT

The only reason anybody gets to ask this stupid question, is faced with an economic crisis, two wars, the auto industry on the verge of imploding, the current President with control of the both the House and Senate chose to get on with the People's business, instead of looking under every rock and in every slime pool in Washington to expose the extent of the corruption and moral emptiness of the Bush administration. That and that alone allows anyone fed on a diet of systematic and continuous lies to miss that man. Good Bye Mr Bush and tell your brother to stay home too.

November 10, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  111. Sara

NEVER. Unfortunately the President is always going to be in an uncomfortable position. No one is ever going to be completely satisfied with their performance and the sins of the past term often get attributed to the next. Anyone who wants that job is a masochist. A patriotic masochist.

Sara from New Orleans

November 10, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  112. J

I miss President Bush. Obama hasn't got a clue. Bush stuck to his guns and it's clear he loves this country and I admire that. Obama can't seem to get off the Bush Blame Train long enough to get things done, and believe me, the Bush Blame Train left the station a long time ago. I miss President Bush greatly.

November 10, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  113. Dave in Cincinnati

While I did not agree with many of his decisions compared to Obama's his administration was transparent. Agree him or not he was an honest man who told you what he thought and did what he believed was best for the country. Obama seems hellbent on destroying our economic system and replacing it with European socialism just as they are trying to act more like us. I'll give him credit for being a true believer – he just believes in something I consider bad for America.

November 10, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  114. paula

Jack:

This is not a comment, rather a question. Do you know what percentage of Social Security payments goes to the retired; what percentage to Aid for Dependent Children; and what percentage goes to the Disabled?

Perhaps this should be the subject of one of your comments.

November 10, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  115. Mitch Shadix

I actually wish we could find a President that is a combination of the two. We needed the intellect to have kept us out of at least one war and the spine to keep us from becoming worse of a welfare state. Both have made horrible mistakes.... I actually won't miss either of them.

November 10, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  116. Daryl Biser

Definitely not. Bush not only lied about the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq he and Chaney allowed the economy to take a nosedive. Obama is trying get us out of this mess with absolutely no help from the Republican Party. All they want is to get back into power no matter the cost to the country.

November 10, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  117. Matt

I miss Bush in almost exactly the sense that was described above. He was sure of himself. Regardless of your politics, Bush was someone who when he said he was going to do something, did it, and he knew exactly why he was doing it (even if those reasons where misguided or uninformed). Obama has been a great inspiration, and he has amazing vision, something that I don't think Bush ever really thought about – he was happy as long as no terrorists came to America. Obama, however, has failed to utilize his own power as president to create his vision. He speaks his vision to the world, and then lets congress create it. He needs to get more involved – he needs to be "the Decider" once in a while.

November 10, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  118. Joseph

Are you kidding? No way.

November 10, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  119. Jack

Nope not one bit. I am sure I will feel the same about the current one too if he does not grow a backbone.

As far as Bill is concerned (Navy), thanks for your service. However, you really need to get over yourself. You are complaining about a 1.9% raise with millions out of work? Who do you think pays you, the toothfairy?

November 10, 2010 at 5:40 pm |
  120. matt

I miss Bush like I miss Hitler.

It is amazing to see that there are people who are willing to buy his book to fatten his pockets after he fleeced our country for that stupid war. Not to mention, he is the last person that would need money. Oh the irony.

November 10, 2010 at 5:40 pm |
  121. Stephen

"WHO"??? Oh, you mean the little puppet who danced to the strings pulled by Chaney & Rumsfeld???

November 10, 2010 at 5:40 pm |
  122. JC

Miss him? Well, he ducks a lot quicker than you'd suspect. Still, we've been trying to arrange for Cheney to take him hunting...

November 10, 2010 at 5:40 pm |
  123. Richard

Obama has been a big disappointment. He has given us a 2000 page healthcare bill that is a big mess. He has lied over and over. "We are not cutting Medicare." However, the new law cuts $550 billion. The new law will cut healthcare costs. New OMB forecasts state healthcare costs will go up. "I will work across the isle." Not one Rep. idea in healthcare so not Rep. votes. No limit on malpractice suites. No selling insurance across state lines. He never tried to work with the Reps.

November 10, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  124. Jason Buford, GA

On a personal level, YES. But, not as far as him being a President that was taking care of "The People's" needs. So, to answer your question concerning his policies, NO! Do I like our current president's policies and choices? NO! I think we need HAROLD FORD to run for President!

November 10, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  125. jimbo

I miss the integrity, the love for his country, and his unwavering support of the trrops.Obama has been a failure in these few montyhs in office. As far as the mess we are in, who controlled congress. Who was responsible for fannie mae and frddie mac? Who decided that we neede to loan money to people that had not a chance of living up to those obligations? You Bush bashers need to read and educate yourself and quit reyling on liberal talking points, rhetoric, and hyperbole. Yes, I miss him!

November 10, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  126. JW in JH

Absolutely not. Call me crazy, but I like having a president who speaks in paragraphs and analyzes things. Bush just went with his gut - which was pretty much always wrong.

Bush dug us into a deep hole on every possible front. Obama has been under-appreciated for all the work he's put in to turn things around. It's going to take a lot longer to get out of the chasm.

November 10, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  127. Charles McCormack

Sure - the way I miss a migraine headache or stomach flu.

November 10, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  128. chris kenoyer

People in this country long for a leader who simplies this complicated world we live in. And yes, the great "decider" did just that, seeing the world in overly simplified terms; you were either "for us, or agin' us"...black or white, Chriistian or Misguided.....His incredibly weak intellect brought us the worst decisions a President can make-a war with the Wrong country, and through his support of free enterprise and gov deregulation, the banks put the screws to every taxpayer while they made billions...Miss him like a root canal...

November 10, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  129. Don

Absolutely. Bush was tough on terrorists and those who wish to destroy our democracy and the freedom we enjoy. He listened to the advice of our military intelligence officers and made his decisions based on the best information available at the time.

Our new president has repeatedly undermined the integrity of the Constitution and the American way of life. He has done more damage to our economy and to our core rights and freedoms than all previous presidents.

I would take ANY previous president back over our current one, especially George W. Bush.

November 10, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  130. Kevin

How can I miss him when we have so much to remind us of him.

Two wars, massive debt, a more corrupt republican party than ever, the deconstruction of our nations reputation with the torture of prisoners, All the children left behind, not to mention the steps backwards in protection of the environment, human rights and the lack of scientific advances and the list just keeps going.

I watched his helicopter fly away on inauguration day from the mall and prayed that we could dig ourselves out of this mess soon. But to think that our current eloquent and intelligent President got us into any of this mess, simply shows how ignorant so many Americans can be.

San Diego.

November 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  131. Annie, Atlanta

No, never. And the free pass he's getting from the press right now to continue the lying unimpeded makes me sick. This man and his cabal destroyed our country; we may never recover. I'd still love to know how much richer he is because of that destruction.

November 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  132. Paulie

Democrats will do anything not to pass the Bush tax cuts and let them expire even though they know it will help us all. When our taxes do go up it will only serve to further villianize.

November 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  133. Tom H

No. Never. Bush was a disaster for the US and the world. He proved that 'trickle-down' economics is unworkable, and we're paying for that now economically.
    Thankfully, the adults are back in charge now. It will take more than 4 years to recover from the damage wrought by Bush/Cheney, if the American public's ADD will allow it.

November 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  134. Malik Skyy

Do I miss Bush? Let me see, I guess If I was suffering from Selective amnesia I would. Despite the former president’s attempt to revise history, I still remember how the Bush administration hoodwinked and bamboozled the general public to go to war. Do I missed the fact that thousands of lives—lives—were lost because of lies? Do I miss a president who would treasonously expose an CIA Agent, putting her life in danger as well, all because her husband spoke the truth? Do I miss Bush? With all due respect: hell to the NO. To some, the Bush years were the good years –similar to the Horse & Buggy area and the pre-civil rights era .

November 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  135. Joanne

I couldn't stand to see or hear him for the 8 years he was pres and I still can't stand to see or hear him. He is a buffoon and worse, a liar. So no, I don't miss him at all. I wish he would just go away......and take that ignorant Palin woman with him!

November 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  136. Jim

Yes, I miss Mr. George W. Bush. I didn't feel like my country was trying to change right before my eyes when he was president. With him at least you knew what you were getting, with Obama nobody knows.

November 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  137. mike

Positively absolutely NOT. When"W" was nominated I wanted to run for the hills. I became an independent. We were disgraced throughout the world with that man as president. Saftgek above said everything exactly right. I was almost embarrassed to be called American with that poor excuse of a man and president. I think people are forgetting the fiasco of the Bush-Cheney years. All the recent ills of this country came from that administration. I can't believe people voted him into office not once but twice. Of course the drug, tobacco , and oil companies helped him and had him in their pockets.The American people were short changed socially and economically We were laughed at in other countries because of the Bush-Cheney regime! Do I miss him? Miss Who?

November 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  138. Conor in Chicago

I'm sure there are people out there that miss Bush. But they miss him in the same way that someone older misses high school: They forget sitting through 3rd period French class or sitting in a freezing desk near the window in the winter after having to swim in an over-chlorinated pool for gym class. Similarly, they forget lying to get into Iraq, the Enron scandal, rolling blackouts in California, Katrina, Tarp.........

November 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  139. Brent

Anyone who misses Bush probably thinks Sarah Palin would make a good president?.. Whatever happened to "substance"? When will people wake up and realise that the reason we are in this mess is because of 8 years of George Bush and two wars we cannot afford, adding trillions to the defecit. All along saying "the economy is good"..All lies to The American People.

November 10, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  140. Ben in LA

I miss Bush like I'd miss a nail in the foot. Let's review...

Bush invaded a foreign country based on inaccurate intelligence. You could blame that on Bush or the intelligence, but the end result is the same.

He emptied our treasury for that war. While simultaneously cutting taxes, he turned a balanced federal budget into the largest deficits the country had ever seen. "Limited government"??? Indeed.

His administration outted a covert CIA agent for political retribution. Treason by any standard.

His administration watched a major American city drown.

He inherited a growing economy and left us the worst economy since the 30s.

Need I go on?

November 10, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  141. Erik

Yes, he was a great man. He wasn't afraid to torture people that weren't like us. He understood that a great nation needed a great military so that we could spread the blessings of democracy across the globe. He wouldn't be sitting by right now while China kicked our collective butts.

Portland, Oregon

November 10, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  142. Cathy

Not only Yes, but Hell Yes..... Everyday with Obama gets a little worse. I am only happy that I didn't listen to Obama's lies. I did not vote for him, which doesn't make it any easier to live with the consequences, but at least my conscience is clear....

November 10, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  143. Van (Ottawa)

While I am sure there are those who find GW appealing on a personal level, from a northern neighbor perspective it is difficult for me to imagine a thoughtful US citizen concerned about, and hopeful for, your economy, social fabric and global citizenship preferring GW in a presidential capacity.

GW's return as you sprint toward the 2012 election cycle may be the straw that breaks the [insert least liked animal]'s back when combined with the hyper-sensative, school-yard climate present during your recently closed (except Alaska) mid-terms.

I am pleased that AC has committed to keeping the heat on the mid-term commitments/promises in an attempt to tie some performance accountablity to all who won – even if ineffectual in the real world. This should provide enough balance to allow me to continue tuning in on a daily basis for my fix of "southern neighbor evolution" without risk of insanity or ulsers. We're rooting for you!

November 10, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  144. Roger from Alberta

I miss Bush like I miss being in the dentist chair getting a root canal. By going into Iraq he set the US on a collision course with financial ruin. Although the jury is still out, it is fortunate your country survived the synergistic effect of the recession and the enormous cost of war.

November 10, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  145. CH, Winfield IL

Not for a minute. I'm one of the people that couldn't wait for him to leave office, and I don't regret that at all. The timing of his booktour is impeccable. I suppose he's a pretty likable guy - now that he's not president. But for those people who voted for him because "he seemed like a guy that it would be great to have a beer with" - where did that get us? Wars, bad economy. Obama's going to spend the rest of his presidency cleaning up after GWB's eight-year frat party.

November 10, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  146. Bob

People saying that Bush is a straight talker have to remember that he brought us to War in Iraq based on a lie or his straight talk was based on incompetent intelligence. Either case his "straight talk" was very bad for America. The only straight talk from him that was noble was when he didn't pardon Scooter Libby.

November 10, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  147. bill

Yes I do Jack. With the racist in the WH now who is dividing the country, we should miss G W.

November 10, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  148. Sunnysmom

Yeah, I miss Bush about as much as a bad case of hemorrhoids.

November 10, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  149. DanvilleCarolyn

Absolutely not! This country almost didn't survive under Bush. Obama, immediately after being elected, went to work in Washington to assist in how to fix the economy. History shows that every time the Republicans get in office, they spend, spend, spend and the National debt goes up. It always takes the Democrats to fix the economy. No one should have expected Obama in two years to fix the horrible mess the government of the last 8 years got us into.
    Carolyn, Danville, CA

November 10, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  150. Ron Nospam

I miss the Democratic majority that made it possible to do to Republicans what the GOP did to Dems during Bush's reign.

November 10, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  151. randy

hell no, bush/cheney did more damage to this country than any president we ever had. he's very un american and deserve to be in prison for treason,

November 10, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  152. Valerie in Raleigh

I do not miss George Bush. He was in over his head during his entire presidency. Taking us to war in Iraq, tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans in a time fo war, no-bid contracts to Halliburton (of the Gulf spill fame), torturing prisioners and ruining our reputation around the world as good and decent people just to name a few. Much ot the financial disaster we are now experiencing is directly tied to the incompetence of Bush. I am convinced that President Obama and his administration had no idea in what terrible shape Bush had left this country. Any president who followed Bush would have a terrible situation to deal with. Unfortunatly, the highly intelligent and well-educated Barack Obama was caught in the Bush tar.

November 10, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  153. Chris

I don't miss George Bush. I do miss having an effective Congress. Oh wait, that never happened...

I think Obama is too reasonable, ambitious, and naive for his own good. In other words, it would have been great if he could have brought some real reforms. Too bad all the Republicans in Congress cared about was winning and blocking Obama, rather than crafting an effective, coordinated medical or economic policy. Now we get to watch the Democrats do the same darn thing - try to block the Republicans instead of coming up with any good ideas.

November 10, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  154. LJS

YES YES YES I miss W!
    At least he believed in America, and its leadership role in the world. And believ me..I was one of those ready to usher in a different President after his 2 terms. But never did I expect this current Presidency. Obama appears to be a narcasist, out of touch with any other perspective than his own. Unrelatable and cold. With no pride for America and all the good it does in the world. I feel he has taken too lavish a trip during nearly a 10 percent unemployment, was far too slow reacting to the Oil Spill ( and he even had the Bush debacle as a template on what not to do...and Obama actually was less timely responsive. Obama has also let the rae card be played without speaking out. So yes Bush is missed!

November 10, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  155. Ann

Miss Bush? Like I would miss a tooth ache. Talk about narrow minded, Bush was so tunnel visioned, while president Obama has a longer, wider view of the world.

November 10, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  156. Mitch

Miss the man who essentially sent this country into a war for no other reason than to clean up the mess his daddy started?

Get real Jack.

For all of his faults, Barak Obama could never, ever sink to the level of ineptitude put forth by George W. Bush. Obama has served for less than 2 years and he's already being compared to Bozo the Clown? Please, give it a break.

While Bush followed a President in Bill Clinton who restored our Federal economy to a huge surplus, Obama had to replace the blithering idiot (Bush) who waged 2 senseless wars and as a result turned the budget upside down to historical deficit levels.

If Obama is lucky enough to win a 2nd term and serve for 8 years, I seriously doubt he'll do more damage to this country than 'W' did. Years from now, many will wonder if 'W' really stood for WHY.

November 10, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  157. Mark

I miss Pres. Bush every day. I didn't always agree with him but he had integrity and guts.

November 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  158. Keith Hope

...like a migrane headache
    ...like a nightmare
    ...like a class 5 hurricane
    etc, etc, etc.

November 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  159. Deby

NOOOO!!!!! I would not go back to those days for anything!

November 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  160. jgllo

A lousy economy resulting in huge deficits due to tax cuts, give-a-ways to pharmaceuticals and energy companies, 2 wars, TARP,.... We live with Bush everyday and for years to come!

November 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  161. travis

Yes I miss President Bush everyday, it was nice to have someone take charge and be confident in their decision making.

November 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  162. Mike

I miss him like a a migraine and a pain in the butt, Both at the same time.The people who think he was better than Obama don't have anything upstairs to hurt and are a pain in the butt too.

November 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  163. chris, dayton OH

Not even for a second. That's like asking if I miss the pain I experienced before I had my appendix taken out.

November 10, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  164. Linda

NO, NO, a thousand times NO!

What's to miss? Being lied to about the need for war; out of control spending; failure to act swiftly after Katrina; not responding to impending terrorist attack warnings; letting the finanacial institutations create the mortgage mess?

Does no one remember that it was Bush who did the major banks bailout – NOT Pres. Obama?

November 10, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  165. Tim

OMG yes. Obama went leftist crazy and I doubt he'll straighten up anytime soon, if ever.

November 10, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  166. John Stowers

Absolutely not. That's like saying "I miss having cancer". Obama has done a great job considering the Republicans tied a boat anchor to his back with the financial crisis. I think Obama will come back strong!

November 10, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  167. francine giarrusso

The first time i missed him when i had ato fly after the Christmas bomber and I have missed him ever since, Security is very important to me and Obama just is not committed enough,

Fran from Austin

November 10, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  168. Mitch Dworkin - Dallas, Texas

Jack: I do not miss President Bush but I think that we went from one extreme to the other from Bush to President Obama. Bush did not compromise enough and he was perceived by many as being arrogant while Obama is trying to compromise too much with people who are rooting for him to fail and he is seen by many as being too weak.

November 10, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  169. Mike

The new poll only suggests that many Americans have no clue what they want, other than quick results. George Bush was a better President? Really? President Obama has his flaws but he is far from President Bush; a war criminal that led this country to the brink of destruction. But the American people are easily swayed when things don’t go their way fast enough. They become angry and direct blame without even understanding the entire political process. They also forget quickly. All it takes is a little Texas swagger on Oprah’s couch.

November 10, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  170. Druid

Compared to this Obama clown you better nelieve it. And all you fare left loons out there that are bashing him are naive and even dangerous. Wake up or simply go away.

November 10, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  171. ROY FL.

One idiot was replaced by another. Bush was bad but Obama is worse and I am or was a democrat.

November 10, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  172. Bonnie Clark

Yes, I miss his strong leadership

November 10, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  173. Joe Calamoneri

Jack,
    Cris Christie makes Bush look good.
    Bush knew he was not the smartest in the room, Christie does not understand that and Bullies his way through everything to get his way.

Joe Calamoneri
    Princeton, NJ

November 10, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  174. Jim Bagrowicz

I missed him, of course. He, as the president, got a hard time to fight terrorism, what was not an easy task. Why? Because his predecessor president Clinton practically had done nothing to attack terrorists in Pakistan and Afganistan. Another words – Clinton/Gore failed...Obama? He is, at least, pratially Muslim, and it is not good for America. Bush was a right man in his time in the White House.

November 10, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  175. Mike

I wouldn't say I miss GWB but I do know that this country needs a LEADER right now, not a finger pointer like Obama. Hell, he makes Jimmy Carter look like Ike circa WWII. Horrible, horrible leader, Obama is.

November 10, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  176. PurpleKU77

Do I miss W?? Do I miss an 8-year hangover? Do I miss being lied to with a grin? Do I miss the man who was the REAL president, Dick Cheney? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 10, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  177. Nancy Cook

YES YES YES YES YES!....I miss the plain spoken...direct and honest
    man...not perfect ...but I am thankful he was there when we were attacked
    and made no apologies for our Nation.

November 10, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  178. Jeff

Out of sight, out of mind. Good Riddance !!!

November 10, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  179. JackieinDallas

I've been so GRATEFUL that Mr. Bush had stayed out of the limelight (and, also my hometown of Dallas)! His book, from the excerpts I've seen, is full of self-justification, abolutely unrealistic memories, and outright lies. I do NOT miss him at all. Nor Rove or Cheney, for that matter. Nor do I want more of the self-serving, rich men's buddies of the Republican party.

When did you become a shill for George, Jr., Jack?

November 10, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  180. June Zeger

How would ANYONE MISS this guy? He's the reason we're in TWO WARS, he's the reason we have an EMPTY treasury (how quickly we forget that Clinton left this guy with a HUGE SURPLUS!!!)... and remember when they made fun of Al Gore proposing to put social security funds into a 'LOCK BOX'? Not too humorous, since Bush et al looted that too... interesting how both he and Cheney are certainly NOT feeling the pain of this almost-depression that they caused... 'nough said! A RESOUNDING NO to THAT QUESTION!!!

November 10, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  181. joseph

What do you think I have no memory? I still remember what he did to us and the rest of the world. No I do Not miss him.

November 10, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  182. Jack

Yes. He was prepared to be President. Our current President was not and is not making any effort to learn how to be a President. Sad.

November 10, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  183. The Bilderbergs

yes, obama is horrible

November 10, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  184. Mary J

I'm sure many comedians miss him, but as for me Jack, absolutely not.

November 10, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  185. Native American

HELL NO! Threw our surplus down the three-useless-wars rabbit hole and gave fat tax breaks to billionaires, all to create a deficit to use as an excuse to get rid of all social programs that reduce poverty. He wants there to be no middle class at all, because after all, rich people can just never be rich enough, can they?. Oh, and he thinks we won't figure any of this out either. JERK! SLIMEBALL! GOOD RIDDANCE!

November 10, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  186. andy

Add me to the list that says yes. He was a good man who stood by his convictions. He was a man who walked into some places where we needed to go to try to help people who were being persecuted by their rulers. It is hard to lead that way, but he did. Thank you President Bush.

November 10, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  187. jmi

Nope, I kind of like not being publicly embarrassed by a president who lied to get us into a war, tanked the economy, led the most corrupt administration since Grant and was dumb enough to trade Sammy Sosa. So nope don't miss him one bit.

November 10, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  188. Jeff Madera

This President is responsible for the single, worst foreign policy mistake in U.S. history which was the unjustified invasion of Iraq. He is directly responsible for the needless deaths of over 4,000 U.S. Servicemen and women and over 100,00 Iraqi civilians (far more than Saddam Hussein killed). He tortured enemy combatants and he illegally wiretapped U.S. Citizens. He should be on trial as a War Criminal. Do we miss him? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 10, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  189. Brian

I only miss him because Saturday Night Live was a lot more fun when he was in office. Other then that I can't think of one reason that I would miss him for. He is the absolutely worst president in U.S History!!!

November 10, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  190. Robert Johnson MN

I'm sure most Democrats miss him as an easy target.

November 10, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  191. Tom

Darn right I miss him. Obama does one thing well and that's run his mouth.

November 10, 2010 at 5:57 pm |