September 28th, 2010

Pres. Obama vs. Sarah Palin in 2012?

ALT TEXT

Supporters hold up signs during the DNC (L) and RNC (R) back in 2008. (PHOTO CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES)

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Sarah Palin could be President Obama's savior. When it comes to the 2012 presidential race, a new poll suggests that Obama could lose - unless he's running against Palin.

The Politico/George Washington University Battleground Poll shows that a majority of Americans are considering voting against Obama. Forty-four percent of those surveyed say they will vote to replace Obama, and 13 percent say they'll consider voting for someone else. Only 38 percent say he deserves re-election.

Voters are down on the president for lots of reasons, but especially his policies. By double digits, they disapprove of his new health care law, and they trust congressional Republicans to create jobs more than Obama. This is despite the fact that a majority of voters like him personally.

Obama's best hope of winning a second term just may be Alaska's dropout governor, Palin. If the election were held today, voters say, they would back the president over Palin by a 9-point margin.

Support for Palin is weak in the Midwest and the Northeast ... and almost 60 percent of voters say her actions since since resigning as governor have made them less likely to vote for her for president.

Female voters are especially negative about Palin. Fifty-four percent have an unfavorable view of her. No other Republicans tested in this poll had such high negatives among women.

It's not likely the Republicans would be dumb enough to nominate Palin after what she did to John McCain's run for the White House, but when it comes to politics, nothing should surprise us anymore. And if it happened, well, just imagine if the woman who helped bring down McCain's campaign would help re-elect the Democratic sitting president.

Here’s my question to you: If President Obama runs against Sarah Palin in 2012, who would you vote for?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Evelyn in Columbus, Ohio writes:
No contest: Obama. I've never been a fan of those Pay Per View fights, but I'd pay big money to see Palin attempt to debate Obama.

Rose in Arizona writes:
If my only two choices were Obama and Palin, I would vote for Palin. Not because that is what I really want, but my vote would be a vote against Obama. Right now I think Palin is the lesser of the two evils. I would vote for Mickey Mouse before I would give Obama a second term.

Guy writes:
Jack, That's like asking who would you like at quarterback, Drew Brees or Don Rickles? Obama has my vote NOW. If Palin wins the Republican nomination, I might break the lever pulling it for Obama.

Paul writes:
Voting for Sarah Palin would be like setting your hair on fire and putting it out with a hammer.

Ed in California writes:
Yes, Jack, I would vote for Caribou Barbie for president as long as she has Sabrina the teenage witch as the V.P. Are you serious? How self-destructive do you think Americans are? Don't answer that.

Susan in Florida writes:
Palin – O'Donnell 2012. Dingbats Unite!

Mike writes:
Maybe instead of an election, we could settle the contest with a spelling bee.

Don writes:
It'll never happen. The presidential salary isn't enough to attract Palin.

Carmen in Huntsville, Alabama writes:
An uneducated, delusional air-head or an eloquent, successful statesman? Jack, you used to ask harder questions.

1. Cathy

September 28, 2010 at 5:04 pm |
  2. david

I wouldn't vote for either of them, as I do not feel either are a good fit in Washington. I would vote for an independent with some common sense.

September 28, 2010 at 5:04 pm |
  3. Jim S in Alabama

Jack, I think any intelligent person realizes that Sarah Palin is not qualified to be President of the United States. Even people within the Republican Party realize and admit this fact. She is an excellent "rabble rouser" and "crowd pleaser" but if you actually listen to her speeches, she has no new suggestions on how to improve this country or our economy. She has little or no understanding or foriegn policy or of diplomacy. Having said that, you can bet I'd vote to give President Obama and the democrats more time to fix what the Republicans messed up.

September 28, 2010 at 5:04 pm |
  4. David in Atlanta

Somebody probably should tell Sarah Palin what a president does before anyone votes for her.

September 28, 2010 at 5:04 pm |
  5. Jason

I am conservative, but if she is the only choice, I would not vote. This would be the worst thing for the GOP.

September 28, 2010 at 5:04 pm |
  6. Bob Clayton

I would and will (God willing) vote for President Obama. And against Palin, I suspect I wouldn't be alone.

I also mistrust any poll that says "Republicans can create more jobs than Obama's policies." It didn't work that way from 2001 – 2009 (Bush's policies lost 100K jobs per month, minimum), and the Party of NO (ideas, integrity, shame) couldn't create a job if you paid them to (and you'd pay, for sure, unless you're a billionaire).

Obama may not be curing the Republican ills as fast as we'd like, but he isn't throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Bob

September 28, 2010 at 5:04 pm |
  7. California Jim

None of the above

September 28, 2010 at 5:05 pm |
  8. Rosanna Vance

If President Obama runs against Sarah Palin in 2012, who would you vote for?

Obama. If Sarah Palin became President, I would move to another country.

September 28, 2010 at 5:05 pm |
  9. Greg Hodges

Jack; as a Canadian I can only watch the slow decent into hell the Republicans are dragging the U.S.A. into over the last 30 years. It almost defies belief that the nation that produced Jefferson,Franklin, Lincoln, Roosevelt, F.D.R., King, and the Kennedy`s just to mention a few; is now faced with the likes of Sarah Palin as it`s savior?! The whole world is wondering if the U.S. has suffered from an emotional/psycological breakdown. The insane blame game going on over Obama not fixing in 1 year the pathetic mess created by the Republicans in the last 8 defies sanity. If the int`l. community had any say in the matter; Palin would be running for dog catcher back in good old Alaska. GOD save America!

September 28, 2010 at 5:05 pm |
  10. Mike

Obama. I can never forgive McCain for what he did releasing Palin to the world. I would vote for Dan Quale before Palin. I would vote for Gary Hart before Palin. I would vote for a mentally challenged monkey before I would vote for that silly, hateful woman.

September 28, 2010 at 5:05 pm |
  11. J. K. Brown

One and done will be defeated in 2012. Although I do not align with Sarah Palin, we have already seen that the repulican party can do very well with a figure head at the helm, (George W. Bush). George may well have been one of the worst if not worst presidents in this nation's history, but the party kept him in office for 8 years and did so despite his efforts to continually shoot himself in the foot. Nothing less can be expected if Sarah were elected.

12. Jimmy T

I am not pleased with Barack Obamas performance as president. But I would rather vote for him than Palin.

13. wbretz

Feminism aside, this is the counter point of how Obama won. The only way the Republicans could have kept the White House was if the Democrats were to run Hillary for Pres.

And, no, I wouldn't vote for Sarah in any political office. She does have my vote, however, for the biggest political gaff in history!

14. Linda Kirsch

Portland, OR

Not only would I vote for Obama, but if Sarah Palin was president, I would leave the country. It would be too scary a place to live!

15. Paul P

I can guarantee you this, if the Republicans are stupid enough to pit Palin and Obama head-to-head in 2012, Obama is assured a second term in office.

16. Kirk Ross

Although I am disenchanted with Obama, I will vote for him in 2012 because Sarah Palin is just an ambitious, lucky, xenophobic high school "mean girl" who loathes the federal government and wishes the United States were a wholly Christian republic. Further, Christians like her don't plan on the earth being around beyond their lifetime (or at most a few generations down the road) so she would, by default, be a nihilistic leader. No thanks.

By the way, Jack... "By double digits, they disapprove of his new health care law..." - is that 11% or 99%?

While I wished we had universal health care and a military one quarter its current size, I approve of the health care bill because it's a foot in the door. I think "citizen health" should be a fundamental "responsibility" of any country's government along with protecting citizens from enemies, real and manufactured.

Kirk Ross

17. Rick Griffin

I would vote hands down for President Obama. Everybody may be down on him now but just wait and see what a great mind can do. Everybody hated Mr. Clinton too but look what a fine President he turned out to be.

18. JJW

I will vote for Hillary and all will be right in the world! Where there is a Hill there is a way!! WHy did we not go there in the first place!!1 HILLARY 2012!!!!!

19. Chuck

Palin.

20. Ed

Obama

21. Pam

This woman deserves no attention at all-she lies and tries to make people think she is true and she is not-she is fake making people think she knows a lot-look at her track record-who in their right mind would even consider her at all-she is not president material,she needs to read and memorize all the political issues and know what she is talking about,which she does not-we will be in a rut if this dummie ever try to run for anything,senate,congress,president-we will be messed up really and we will be doomed forever-she needs education on politics,she needs a mentor,instructor,teacher,a whole lot of help in knowing about this U.S. for she has no clue-and for one I have no use for her at all anywhere or anytime.

22. Sarah P. from Alaska, South Carolina

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don’t have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us.

23. T. Pham

I will vote for anyone but Obama. We chose the Wrong One

September 28, 2010 at 5:07 pm |
  24. susan

wouldn't vote for her if she was the only one running.

September 28, 2010 at 5:07 pm |
  25. David Dinner

What a country! 90% of the people complain and often only 30% vote. Who among the complainers has any knowledge of the actual details of these issues? Have we reached an all time low in intolerance when we criticize a president who has worked harder and achieved more that any President in the last fifty years? And this with the determined resistance of Conservatives who would resist anything that benefits anyone except the super rich. Sarah Palin is incompetent to be President and I would not vote for her if she were the only one running.

September 28, 2010 at 5:07 pm |
  26. Karen

Without a shadow of a doubt, I would vote for President Obama. And I predict, so would a lot of other moderate Republicans.

Karen from Minneapolis, MN

September 28, 2010 at 5:07 pm |
  27. Johnmac1

Two losers??

September 28, 2010 at 5:07 pm |
  28. Daniel-Mississippi

Obama, without question. I cannot imagine voting for Palin for any office.

September 28, 2010 at 5:07 pm |
  29. remi murphy

That would be a dream come true.

Obama '12

September 28, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  30. TM

Obama is in polling trouble not by any doing of himself. The republitards have done an excellent job of framing his acomplishments in a negative light. If Obama can educate the public on his policies and the good behind them he and the democrats will do just fine in 2012. Palin who?

September 28, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  31. Gail, Plano TX

Please, God, let Sarah Palin run against President Obama in 2012. It would be a dream come true! It would be a clean win for the best President ever to grace this country You betcha!

September 28, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  32. Jeff Colby

Sarah Palin did not bring down John McCain in '08. While I'm not a fan of Palin, anyone who was present for the last election knew that no Republican could have beat the candidate Oprah endorsed.

September 28, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  33. Tyrone in New York City

The thought of America electing Sarah Palin on the heels of electing Barack Obama would be akin to going from a country with its eyes on the 22nd century to going right back to the Stone Ages in one fail swoop. If it were to happen, boy does Canada and Europe look like some great places to live all of a sudden.

September 28, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  34. Robbie from Springfield, IL

Tina Fey as a write in candidate

September 28, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  35. Michael

Basically Palin had more qualifications than Obama going into the presidential race a couple of years ago. However the Liberal Press has belittle her and tagged her too far right for the country. With that said, I guess the answer is Obama wins in 2012. But then you get a guy with still no experience, little understanding of the American way of life and a guy so far left he falls off the edge of the earth.

It is a sad state of affairs that we as a country cannot filed the best and brightest for President, who will care about the country verse their particular party or agenda.

September 28, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  36. Lee

I can tell you that I would never vote for Palin! I honestly don't know what she is still doing in the public eye anymore with the exception of giving the viewers a few laughs. She was unknown before joining John McCain and she should go back to being unknown for America. The woman is politically uneducated and I would not trust her as far as I could throw her with our money or our safety.

September 28, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  37. Ash

God Forbid! If this is the case there better be a revolution in this country. We are so tired of being forced to vote for a candidate in order to prevent another one from taking over. That is NOT a democracy.

September 28, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  38. Zeh

If Palin runs against Obama, then Obama is certain to win. Now, of course, the she'll never get the republican nomination, because nominating Palin would be a political shot in the foot.

September 28, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  39. Michael

O definitely Palin. Think of it. If she were in the White House, she would probably have a better view of Russia from the porch. What a great touchy and hopey idea.

September 28, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  40. Scott DMAFB

Jack...I honestly do not think it matters at this point. 90% of the time I turn on the news I don't know if it is a Dem or GOP talking because the extreme hatred all sounds the same and it is driving the average citizen , like myself, insane. The rest of the world must be laughing at the immature children we voted in office. Seriously looking for a new country to live in...

September 28, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  41. Bruce Blevins

If I ever vote for someone with an (R) next to their name, please test me for Alzheimers. It would mean that I have forgotten the last 30 years of life on earth and the last 100 years of history. Their anti-union, anti-worker, anti-farmer, anit-gay, anti-poor atitudes have been a destructive force in this country since the days of the original robber-barons and the first dockworkers strike. With Palin, we could also add anti-intellect, anti-reason, and anti-reality. If she was running unopposed for soil commissioner, I still would not vote for her.

September 28, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  42. todd

Freedom vs. communism, gee that a no brainer!

September 28, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  43. Drew

Replace Obama, fine. Replace with Palin???? NO way. I would actually get involved in political activism to prevent that. Find a stable minded Republican, that's fine. If Palin gets nominated, the Republican party will lose all credibility. It will cease to be the Republican party and will actually become the Tea Party.

September 28, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  44. Kristine in British Columbia

Well, If I were American it'd be Obama. Palin would take us all back a century or two.

September 28, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  45. RICKFROMPA

Is this the best that the Republican Party can do? Is America ready for a "Big Landslide" – bring her on!

September 28, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  46. Joe citizen abroad

Obama, in a heartbeat.

September 28, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  47. J.G. Alberson

Neither. I'd for an alternate party's candidate.

September 28, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  48. ELLIOT

As a more independent middle of the road Republican I might even vote for Obama if our choice is he or Palin. I don't get Palin. She could not finish her governor term, how is she going to run the USA?

September 28, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  49. Mike Desai

everybody who read CNN hates Palin. And everybody who reads FOX news hates Obhama. We need better education system in the country.
    We have all this people hate Plain can't even analyze experience. Can not even read Resumes. Hates on basis of what failed Katie courie tells them.
    Just put on paper what she did what he did before Presidency. Don't let any News media tell you anything and then decide

September 28, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  50. George

I'm a republican and if we are dumb enough to nominate Palin, I'll vote for Obama.

September 28, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  51. Jim

At this point you have to give Obama credit for taking care of his family. He has seen to it that his girls are going to a prestigious school. As for Palin, she didn't take care of her family. The values she must have endeared her children with sure didn't work very well. Do we really want to have her telling us how to raise and educate our young people. Not! Even though I'm not particularly pleased with Obama, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. He is certainly a much better leader than she is. He holds his cool better than she can and doesn't make stupid comments all the time.

September 28, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  52. Mack

Jack; your question was an insult to our beloved president. How can you even compare an honorable, peaceful, wise and knowledgeable man with someone like her who sees Russia from Alaska and doesn’t remember her favorite book? Perhaps, she hasn’t read any.
    Mack

September 28, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  53. Barroq Safi - San Marcos, TX

A vote for Palin is a vote for the antithesis of intelligence and common sense. She's clearly an idiot who would need help finding the letter 'O' in a box of Apple Jacks.

September 28, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  54. Dawn

JAck, Bill Maher said it best. Americans are idiots. Though I think it's more ignorance than stupidity they follow the herd like sheep. Your polls show that they still believe Obama practices Islam. Need I say more. I"ll be voting for Obama. I don't want a President who needs "cliffs' notes on her hand to run the country.

September 28, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  55. Gail McDonald

Please, please, please let Sarah be the republican nominee. I worked really hard to help get President Obama elected in 2008 so I would love to see that . Sarah would all but guarantee a second term for President Obama. The republican party and Sarah in particular represent the party of "no". No healthcare, no financial regulation, no immigration reform, no gay rights. In their world you are only protected if you are white, rich, and christian.

September 28, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  56. jim

I couldn't vote for Sarah Palin if she ran against Alvin Greene.

September 28, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  57. steve

9 point margin? Can't believe polls any more. The woman is a conniving menace

September 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  58. Joe in Kent Island, MD

Palin is like a movie set, no substance just a front for for Fox News owner Rupert Murdock and Tea Party puppeteers the Koch brothers. Follow the special interest money people!

September 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  59. Patrick - Boston

The time for real leadership is now. President Obama is arguably one of our most forward thinking leaders and has maintained his 'Yes, we can.' stance despite mind-numbing resistance. Ms Palin (and others) seem to think, 'No, you can't' represents leadership. One can only hope that people would see through this rhetoric.

September 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  60. Valerie Sanford

I'd vote for Obama. After four years as President, he will have learned enough about that massive task so as to keep it and do well for his second term. On the other hand, Sarah Palin does not show me any presidential qualities whatever, so I would never even remotely consider voting for her.

September 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  61. Jeremy

I wouldn't vote for either. We are in serious need of a third party contender. I am hoping Ron Paul will be running again, but if not I will vote for any other third party candidate.

September 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  62. johnnybass

I would vote for Obama. People can be impatient, but they need to give his policies a chance to foment. Turning the country around after the last president can't happen overnight.

September 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  63. Carole Lindsey

If Obama looks vulnerable, perhaps the Repubs will run Jeb Bush. The other Republican candidates do not have what it takes to beat Obama. If the electorate gets amnesia over the former Bush presidency, the brother might have a chance. My vote goes to Obama in either case.

September 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  64. Nancy

Just as African Americans have waited and wanted an African American as President so too have women hoped for the day a woman would be in the White House. But...Sarah Palin?? Really?? I would rather vote for Mickey Mouse than Sarah Palin.

September 28, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  65. susan

I would not vote for Palin, would vote for Obama as I did before. I am a registered Democrat but have voted republican for years until Obama and I voted for him. He is causing change one step at a time and anyone with a peanut for a brain would know that change from the mess we were in takes some time. By the way I am a 66 year old caucasian professional woman who is Baptist and pro-life and I still think we have a good president. Hilary is the only woman who is in politics that I would vote for.

September 28, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  66. Mr. D

I would re-elect President Obama. i feel htat the policies that he's been trying to implement make sense. It's a same that saying no to everything has become today's political tool. What happened to sound discussion & debate?

September 28, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  67. Steve Klecker

I would vote for Palin. I think see could help the economy recover with incentives for private businesses to create more permanent jobs.

September 28, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  68. Average citizen

Obama. If cut through the propganda and misinformation, he is actually doing quite well considering what he was handed. When the TP extremists flop in the mid terms $arah Palin will be just another bad memory from these difficult times.

September 28, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  69. Ray in Knoxville

Jack, never under-estimate the ability of either party to do the dumb thing. Given the choice in a national election, the majority of American voters will vote the middle. That's why GOP presidential candidates have been running in the middle, which they dare not do now. I have been an independent voter since I reached voting age and I will vote Obama in '12, unless he does something extremely stupid (like chose Palin as his running mate.)

September 28, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  70. Pat

The poll numbers don't mean anything. As more and more people benefit from the changes in the Health Care Law, just try to take it away from them! It may not go far enough to provide meaninful reform, but at least it is a start.

September 28, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  71. Bob Wright

I'll vote for Obama again. It took 8 years to dig the hole our country is in and after only 2 years we expect the current President to have us out of it? Patience my fellow citizens. Obama's doing the job. Palin's doing "Dancing with the Stars"....enough said!

September 28, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  72. Grace

Obama most definitely. NEVER Palin

September 28, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  73. DI.HAMELIN

what a evil question, vote her in and she would quit if things got to hard or required her to be understanding of the humans in your country

September 28, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  74. Louise

President Obama isn't given enough credit for the things he has done. He never made any promises to save the USA overnight. The recession in the U.S. has taken years to create, and can't be fixed in 2 years. He has however followed through with several of the things he said he would do before he was nominated. Yes he has made mistakes, and yes I would definately give him another chance in office. Let's not forget on the real issue at hand, and that is to end the reign of the good old boy system, the mud slinging and name calling and the publicity stunts of the undereducated.

September 28, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  75. Laurent I., Hudson N.Y.

Any American who espouses equality is my choice. In this case its clearly Obama

September 28, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  76. randy

Even though these banks are being stingy with the loans, we avoided a major catastrophe with the Wall Street meltdown. We need more jobs, but Obama did a great job. He tried to offer healthcare for people who didn't have it or lost there job, and these nuts went crazy. What's up with that? Like I said Obama is doing a great job!!

September 28, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  77. Larry

I agree with Cathy

"Althouhg I am not a big fan of Sarah Palin I would vote for her over Obama. I seriously doubt she, or anyone, could do worse than our current president."

September 28, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  78. Rock God

Please, sweet Jesus, let it be Palin. It would be the end of the GOP.

September 28, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  79. April

Obama, No doubt! If it is remotely possible, Palin and her religous crazies wins, for then I would leave the country!

80. Brian from Cleveland

I agree with Nancy,The next poll on Cafferty should be 2010 Sarah Palin vs Mickey Mouse,that would level the playing field for Palin

81. Mike CT

As a moderate republican I voted for Obama because of Palin. I would do the same in 2012 if she is Obama's opponent.
    Why Can't the Republicans become less extreme in their views. They would have no problem winning.
    Clinton got a lot of help from Perrot who took away a lot of votes from Bushduring that election. Palin did the same in 2008 for Obama.

82. Gary

I wouldn't vote for either of them. The current President is not doing the job he was elected to do, he's just pushing a private and personal agenda against the wishes of the country.

Sarah Palin makes people feel warm and fuzzy, when she isn't making them feel chilled and prickly, which in some cases, she managed to do both at the same time. However, she is not a national leader, either.

I have no idea who I would vote for, but it's not any of the current crop of contenders for that position. Scott Brown, maybe?

83. Ron Lee Denter

Nothing against Palin, but she's not WH material. No way on Obama, he's not what the country needs. How bout Mitt Romney, he seems to get this stuff, and did great for his state as Gov. He might just make people like us again in the world. But Obama must go. The only thing he is good at is blaming someone else for everything (Bush). I would have given Bush a 3rd term to finalize all that he started. I say bring home the troops from both Iraq and Afghanistan and invade Mexico and solve two problems at once. (Immigration & oil from the Middle East)

84. Tom

Why oh why is this woman still on the news? I'm a tea partier myself and I wouldn't vote for her. Why do we get more neocons instead of fiscal conservatives and social libertarians? The neoconservative party has hijacked the tea party for their own agenda. Don't be fooled. Ron Paul started the tea party and even though he speaks with Palin their policies are totally different. Boy oh boy does America need a third party.

85. Kristy

Is there a third option? I don't like either one of them...

86. astro24102

I was very proud to have our first african american president. It was a day of celebration. Now, each time I disagree with his ideology, I am considered a racist. I probably would not vote for either of them. maybe a mitt romney. He has been a part of the small business enterprise system, so he will do the best to get our JOBS picture back on track.

87. morgino

Their are choices that I don't agree with but I can understand. With Sarah Palin I have no idea what people are thinking. All she has is catch phrases, she quit her job in the middle of her term because she wanted to make as much money as possible and obviously does not have any reasonable grasp of issues that are very complex. It's almost like people have some inferiority complex voting for people that are smarter than them.

88. E

I'd be for another candidate all together. I don't mind Obama or his policies, but so far, they don't seem to be working unfortunately. As for Palin... well, do I really need to say anything about her?

89. Evans

Sarah Palin is a failure by nature and she has nothing to give America.If you what her politics in three dimension will find that she is female chavenism and thats y u find fielding a women candidate for senator or governor.I cant vote for her even if Obama was not there.Obama has what it takes to finish his term and put the American economy in a better position.Obama is aperson who has a vision for america but the republicans are putting him as a person who is uselless yet they are the ones who are useless, since they led the Country down the drain.Republicans are the cartoons we watch in our television are not serious with the Americans needs.How can a person drain a river and come again to claim he knows how to restore it and yet he knew what problem he has caused???????Republicans must stop playing cheap politics and join president Obama to build up this nation if are interested in securing the lifes of American.Obama is the man to vote Palin is a person to drop.

90. Joe

Nooooooo.... nooooooo... Yet another year of bad and worse. Great.

91. dan

Jack:
    Anyone choosing Palin deserves to have their voting card taken away. And more than that, they should probably not drink alcohol, operate any machinery, or handle sharp objects. Most of us realize that we are in difficult straits right now, not incidentally because of Republican mismanagement over the preceding eight years, and the next few years will require some difficult decisions and more than a few adjustments and sacrifices. That there are people out there who consider Sarah Palllin capable of dealing with these complex issues makes we want to migrate to a more sensible part of the globe; perhaps the Sudan. I don't think they have any mama Grizzlies down there.

92. Seth Hill

Just like the media, I can't wait for something to actually happen. To heck with 2012; I want to know who is most likely to win in 2016 and 2020!

– Seth Hill, Topanga CA

93. sally penning

I could only hope that Sarah Palin runs for President in 2012 against Obama. He will win with a landslide victory. I still believe Obama is trying his best to clean up the mess the Republicans left this country in. I'm not going to desert him as many others have done. Any Republican win would mean disaster for our low and middle class citizens.

94. mary225

$arah Palin won't run....she would never take the pay cut. And by some strange chance she did run, I would never vote for her, and frankly, I don't know anyone who would. Americans need to give President Obama a chance, he is working very, very hard and has the best and brightest minds working to fix the broken state left over from Team Bush. It will take a while, folks, but we are down to one war, and the economy is getting better every month. Voting for Palin, whose stated mission is to dismantle the US Government, would be the most unpatriotic of acts. And Conservatives need to get over the fact that Obama is black....He is a fine man.

September 28, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  95. Mari, Utah

Polls of both GOP and Democrats, etc., show that 70% believe she is not qualified. Here is my point:

1. She quits the school board to run for mayor.

2. She quits being mayor to run for governor.

3. She quits being governor to run for president.

I am a woman, a registered Independent, I am more qualified to be president than Palin ever will be. Also, I am suspect of anyone whose husband belonged to a secessionist group!

In NOvember vote NO for the Party of NO!

September 28, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  96. James T Kirk

Kirsten Gillibrand? Michele Bachmann? Palin?! NOOOOOO!

Ideally I'd love to see Chris Christie or Ron Paul run.

The children have made their mess, now the adults need to clean it up.

September 28, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  97. Rian

President Obama would have to personally kill my dog for me to vote Palin in 2012. The fact that this question is even asked is so ridiculous to me. I mean she couldn't even finish being governor of the 4th least populated state in the country and continually says things that make my skin crawl. For me anyone who has even had a guest appearance on Dancing With the Stars should not be allowed to hold public office. However if we start voting for those who get to clean out porta johns I will vote Palin every time.

September 28, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  98. Colby

The fact you are even talking about this woman as a viable candidate says a lot about our electorate and the qualities they value in their political candidates. What a disaster she would be for our country.

September 28, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  99. Bob Russell

Bush, then Palin. See a trend here?

September 28, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  100. farmer65

I am from Ohio and would support Palin in a heartbeat. We need someone who will not spend us into national bankruptcy.

September 28, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  101. Paul D. Zammit

First of all, all things considered, the President has done a pretty good job so I find it hard to believe that at this point the Republicans have anyone that would be a better option to lead our nation than Obama. People say that they want a President that doesn't rule along party lines but that really isn't true. People don't want compramise they want everything their way. If the Democrats don't get exactly what they want the through the President under the bus. If the Republicans don't get their way the President is an undercover Muslim.

But to answer your question... obviously I would vote for Obama if Palin was the other candidate. I should note that if she actually won then it would be all the proof I need that the world is really slated to end in 2012

September 28, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  102. Darren

Great! maybe he can make her regret not getting more education

September 28, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  103. Gil NEW YORK

Yeah Jack, is this what we are down to? Actually discussing Palin for President? Of the USA? All I have to say is that all you Democrats out there better wake up and do the right thing. Otherwise this country will be toast. Jusus Christ himself could not have fixed the mess that the Republicans created and you whine about Obama not fixing it fast enough. This is the time for offense not cowering before the Tea Party idiots.
    Yes, I hope Palin runs but even the Republicans can not be that stupid.

September 28, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  104. Mari, Utah

PS. I will vote once again for Barack Obama, and proudly so. The GOP has shown Latinos what they really think of us.

September 28, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  105. Bobby Djavaheri

Jack,

I happened to watch Sarah Palin on Dancing with the Stars last night and it further convinced me that as a Conservative voter, I will definitely not vote for her to represent my country among world leaders.

September 28, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  106. Mark from Las Vegas

Sarah Palin with Christine O'Donnall as her running mate.

September 28, 2010 at 5:47 pm |
  107. gfulcher

My wife and I had a contingency plan in case McCain won and for some reason passed the office to Palin, and that contingency plan is still in place until which time Sarah Palin is not a factor. That being, join the ranks of ex-pats living in Europe.

September 28, 2010 at 5:47 pm |
  108. Jane J

Sarah Palin cleaned up Alaska in her first term as governor, made the Oil Companies revbate $2500 to each resident, was known to be honest and strong.
    Obama has made a mess out of everything he's involved in.
    Jane J
    Wi

September 28, 2010 at 5:47 pm |
  109. PGV

As an independent, moderate female, Sarah Palin is an embarrassment to intelligent women everywhere. Her lack of support for 21st Century Women's Rights and inability to finish anything important (4 different colleges, quit governorship) makes her a danger to women and this Country. I would absolutely vote for Obama.

September 28, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  110. Tom

I couldn't vote for Sarah Palin if she ran against Alvin & The Chipmunks.

September 28, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  111. Wade in Las Vegas, Nevada

As a 6'0" tall male, there is no way I would vote for Sarah Palin. She doesn't represent the height portion of my personal demographic, which is imperitive to me.

September 28, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  112. Gizmo

What? Caribou Barbie for Prez? I'd vote for a house plant before I'd vote for Palin. The house plant would win in a debate too.

September 28, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  113. John

President Obama for sure, why can't you people that are unhappy with him ask who could have done what better? I have not heard of a single plan from anyone else that made since. The GOP can only talk about tax cuts for the rich which is what lead to the huge deficit in the first place. Not happy with Health Care, it is a good beginning and with Dems in control we can make it better. All Palin and the like say is" we are going to take our country back"!! what the hell does that mean????

September 28, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  114. Chris

I'd vote Obama. Palin would be too busy trying to find and eliminate the 'death panels' to actually do anything useful.

September 28, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  115. Dorothy Holmes

Sarah Palan what a joke!! I personally think Barack Obama is an excellent president. The republicans are determined to deter everything he does. I will tell you why. Jack it is not his policys it is nothin but sheer racism. . In the past, white people have a way of putting a black person in a positione and tie his hands. I am 68 years old and I have seen it happen. That is what the republicans are doing to Barack. He is a strong, intelligent man and he is going to be ok. By the way if it makes a difference I am white>

September 28, 2010 at 5:49 pm |
  116. Bob

Anyone else

September 28, 2010 at 5:49 pm |
  117. June in Chicgo

Obama. I wouldn't vote for Palin as dog-catcher.

September 28, 2010 at 5:49 pm |
  118. Eric

What this country needs is a good laugh and Palin would provide it. How about we just give Obama's policies a chance to work for awhile?
    No one could repair 8 years of Bush crimes in just 18 months. Get real. I wouldn't vote for a republican for anything. Go Sarah!

September 28, 2010 at 5:49 pm |
  119. Dan from Seattle

I can only pray, I mean really pray, that the Republican base would not be so foolish to offer Palin as the Republican Party nominee for President. Talk about handing it too Obama. I would completely lose confidence in the Republican Party constituents, especially considering how many great potential candidates are available. I just can't see a scenario where Palin could stack up against so many qualified, quality candidates and come off as a viable choice to anyone of any party. I know many who voted reluctantly for Obama only as a no vote against Palin. Now that we know Obama's true colors the decision is even more a choice between who will bring the most harm to our country. Pray we will not have to make that decision!!

September 28, 2010 at 5:49 pm |
  120. Elzera Flynn

Voting fot a complete failure dropout like Sarah Palin is worse than having George Bush back in the white house. People forget to quickly how bad it was when he was in office.
    They are not giving President Obama the support he needs and the time to change the things that need changing. So many uniformed people today. Its sad to see it happen. I will vote for President Obama again he's doing a good job.

September 28, 2010 at 5:49 pm |
  121. El Kababa

I have two nightmares:

1. The Republicans win the government again, bury us in even more debt, and the American middle class disappears forever – or at least for a few generations.

2. There is a close election, but the Democrats narrowly win like they did in 2000. The election is overthrown again by the five Republican Party hacks on the Supreme Court.

September 28, 2010 at 5:49 pm |
  122. Sue, Vienna, VA

I love our country but I am sick and tired of the hatred, bigotry, and acrimony that now dominate politics within the USA. I have been voting for 40+ years and do not remember seeing our politicians sink to the level that they have now – and while I see it in both parties, I do tend to see it more abundantly in the republican party. It's sad because I voted predominantly republican for many years but that ended in 2008 when I voted for Barack Obama. I followed that election with great interest and would vote for him again in 2012 if given the opportunity. The simple truth is that the fear-mongering republicans, the over-zealous media, and impatient and unrealistic voters in the USA, crave instant gratification. They've stopped listening to their own common sense and have thrown all rationale out the window. Again, I'm sad for our country.

September 28, 2010 at 5:50 pm |
  123. J'sel Palin

This Hillary supporter will vote for SARAH PALIN 2012 :D

September 28, 2010 at 5:50 pm |
  124. katy Heys

I would vote for Obama. Sarah Palin is not presidential material.

September 28, 2010 at 5:50 pm |
  125. Michael

Any One but Obama

September 28, 2010 at 5:50 pm |
  126. Sharon P

GOP: Please nominate Sarah Palin – this will ensure an Obama victory. Sarah Palin is not qualified to be President of the United States. I also don't think she wants to be President – I think she needs more positive attention than being President. I think she would do better lecturing (on what – who knows), but let people go see her who are interested. I personally would like an intellectual President

September 28, 2010 at 5:50 pm |
  127. Wendy

We are in difficult times, Sarah couldn't handle it. Obama has superior intellectual capabilities. She would have problems comprehending all the issue papers sent her way, yet alone making complex decisions

September 28, 2010 at 5:50 pm |
  128. Darrell

This can not be a serious question. Obama!! I just hope the Republicans are arrogant and stupid enough to nominate Ms. Palin. It would be "awesome."

September 28, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  129. Karen from Beaumont, TX

Obama, no doubt. Why do we have to keep seeing Palin in the news?
    BORING.

September 28, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  130. Ken in Maryland

I would vote for Obama. He has 2 years to show people that the Health Care bill is not the evil that the Repubs make it out to be. And why do people trust Repubs to create more jobs when they've failed so miserably at it in the past? Bill Clinton created more jobs than Reagan and both Bushes combined!

Of course if Sarah Palin were running against Roger Rabbit, the hare would get my vote.

September 28, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  131. Jim Blevins

Two years from now, the Tea Party candidates will have been in office for two years. I doubt that many will still be so enthralled with Sarah Palin.

Jim, Craig, CO

September 28, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  132. SEG70

If Sarah Palin were elected president, it would be a long two and half years.

September 28, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  133. Kathie

Obama has my vote. I will vote for Mickey Mouse before Palin. Palin is a quitter (she couldn't even finish her term as govenor) and is so self absorbed it is pathetic. Palin is completely unqualified!

September 28, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  134. Bill

no question, if the choice was between Palin and Obama, I would (reluctantly) be forced to vote for Obama.

September 28, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  135. Alan

Yes, for Sarah. B.O.would take us into bankruptsy with his spending sprees and with no military knowledge will endanger our troops.

September 28, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  136. Marg

Without question... Sarah Palin!!! Who in the world would want another term with Obama!!! Enough is enough!!!

September 28, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  137. Don

Jack,

In what alternate universe would we have to live in to even concider Palin running for POTUS. That woman is even a bigger idiot then our current president. If either of these two get elected in 2012, the Mayans are correct, the world will be coming to an end in December. Ladies and Gentlemen, if these are the only two options that look viable for 2012, I formally announce my running for the Office of the President of the United States of America under the People for Independence party.

September 28, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  138. dINAH

It's a given! Obama gets my vote again. The Republicans voted the worst and not fiscally conservative George W. Bush two times into office. He ran America into the ground with his wars, love of big business and general stupidity. Why weren't the Republicans screaming back then? Anyone know? I am amazed at the Republicans. Remember when we criticized Bush, they called us anti-American and unpatriotic? Guess what folks what goes around comes around. Why do Republicans HATE America? TWO YEARS IS NOT ENOUGH TIME TO FIX WHAT BUSH/ CHENEY BROKE

Sarah Palin is a female George W Bush.

September 28, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  139. Ned

Sarah Palin deserted her last post to go make herself a couple of million bucks. When will people realize this is all about her making more money for herself .. ? As far as being President of the United States of America, I wouldn't trust her to manage a lemonade stand !

September 28, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  140. andrew in aberdeen

A race between the two least qualified candidates in history.

September 28, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  141. aliousalam Florida

However, I hope the pres. would not give in to Republicans with nothing in exchange as he is doing since 2 years.

Republicans have had their wildest dream bills passed by pres. Obama simply by saying no, and they didn't even vote for such craziness thus making him carry full responsibility for the bill: Take the insurance bill: It's nothing compared to the healthcare bill I wanted passed. Republicans forced him to abandon the universal healthcare and single payer from day one. He hoped to bring republicans onboard with such flat out repudiation of my dream bill. At the same time, he was giving insurance a gift of 350 million customers who must buy insurance, something even republicans could only dream of.

Yet he got nothing for caving in. In the end, giving in each step of the way emboldened the republicans and the tea party. If the president had showed stiffness from day one, the party of "no" would have learned some "yes" refrains and sang in the choire.

September 28, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  142. D.Peter Waterman

I would vote for the person that can do more for the REAL people, Sara Palin.

September 28, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  143. Dave W

Although I voted McCain/Palin last time, if Palin were to run again, my vote would go Obama. A nice, cheery smile does not not a great politician make.
    She has proven herself to want one thing only: the limelight and the money that comes with it. She bailed on the people of Alaska, and her $120,000 annual salary, to focus on books, millions and self-promotion.
    She can yell and scream and holler with the best of them, but she does not have the capacity to be President. I am POSITIVE fellow Republicans will agree. Let's get someone who understands business and the economy and there's only one person out there for that: Romney

September 28, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  144. Eileen MacDougall.

I am always amazed at the continual press coverage and her unstable family receive. The thought of her as President is indeed extremely unsettling and scary. She is a puppet being played to spew anger and fear.
    Anyone can see if they read and listen to objective media comments Obama is doing his best depite the challenges and constant negatively he receives.

September 28, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  145. Al

a write-in candidate

September 28, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  146. John

West Virginia
    If Palin is elected, I'm moving to Canada. Not kidding.

September 28, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  147. Curtis

Jack,
    If you check you facts, McCains poll numbers went up double digits,
    AFTER, he selected Palin. She was the only reason it was "CLOSE".
    The "REPUBLICANS" aren't going to be in charge of anything in 2012.
    The "DUMB" conservatives are going to decide who we want.

September 28, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  148. LENA HINES

I will vote for Obama, Palin is a joke for the weak mind people who find any reason to show their real personality, setting their pretense christianity aside.

September 28, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  149. Ray from Pennsylvania

Gov. Palin– your 15 minutes are up! Please get off the stage...you're an embarassment to the Republican Party. If you really want to get involved on the national level, then perhaps you should start by running for the House first.... spend five or six terms gaining some knowledge and experience, then come back and make your pitch. Perhaps some voters will believe you're credible then!

September 28, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  150. David

Idaho

I would certainly vote for Sarah. She loves this country and the media just gives her a bad wrap. At least she stands up for our country and its values. Would you vote for Obama without the teleprompter?

September 28, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  151. Clyde Tomlin - South Carolina

Over the past years the republican party has made some stupid mistakes but I don't think they sink so low that they would choose Sarah Palin as their presidential candidate. It would only assure a lop-sided victory for the democratic candidate. I would never vote for Palin for any public office

September 28, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  152. Sam

Palin represents the very worst among us. Since when do we worship such hypocrisy? Glorify such stunning ignorance? Cheerlead for such incompetence? It would be entertaining if she ran, but I doubt she would survive the republican primary.

NM

September 28, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  153. Gail

Bring it on! Not that I would relish the idea of more daily offerings of the scripted Palin–the contrast would be so great that Obama may enjoy another over the moon election.

September 28, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  154. Barbara

Why do people have to attack Palin on a personal level? She is smart and has been a mayor and a governer. She talks about the issues. The Democrats only attack and critize. I would vote for her. Obama is a dismal failure.

September 28, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  155. bill

i would vote for anybody that isn't in politics now
    we really do need a change

September 28, 2010 at 5:58 pm |
  156. Ralph Litton

If Palin and Obama were the Dem and Repp choices, hopefully Ron Paul would be on the Libertarian ticket and I would vote for him to be our next President. However, to answer your question, I would choose Palin over Obama and believe she would be far less dangerous. Obama is rapidly destroying this nation.

September 28, 2010 at 5:58 pm |
  157. Temitope

It is just unimaginable to see Sarah Palin on a ticket against president Obama. You can't compare a dommy with a real human.
    Ofcourse obama.

September 28, 2010 at 5:58 pm |
  158. Shaunta Williams

I wish Sarah Palin would run for President in 2012! That will get President Barack Obama another term!

September 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm |
  159. Ray SF

I think it is so ironic when people say Palin is not qualified to be president when they voted for an even LESS qualified person in Obama. The irony and stupidity amazes me. YES I would vote for Palin!

September 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm |
  160. Patricia Zglinski

Obama or Palin? Are you serious??
    Obama is doing a fabulous job. I would vote for him over any candidate.

Palin? If Palin were ever to become President of this country, I promise you, I would move to another country – IMMEDIATELY! That would confirm the rumors that the American voters are a joke!

September 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm |
  161. Evans

Obama all the way

September 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm |
  162. Mary Ann

Jack,
    That is a very unfair question to ask the public at this time. This is a question you should ask a year from now. There are many people who are feeling very frustrated with President Obama right now (excluding me. I voted for him in 2008 and I will again vote for him in 2012). I have a lot of faith in our President and I know he is doing everything he can to move our country forward.

September 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm |
  163. Tony from San Diego

I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin or the Republican party, but anyone, I repeat, ANYONE would be better than Obama. He's has run out of steam and nobody will stand for his plumbers helper politics. He just keeps shoving his ideas and policies down our throats with no regard to what the America people want. The same hold true with the House and Senate. If it were up to me, I'd flush all of them and start over. It seems like things can’t get worse.

September 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm |
  164. Kate

Sarah of course. As nation we can not afford another 4 years of Obama'nomics.
    We seem to forget she had more political experience than this senate 2 year wonder....18 months of which he was missing in action, out campaigning for President.
    Obama does have an eloquent deilvery of his message or many will say a silver, forked tongue.

September 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm |
  165. aliousalam Florida

After 8 years of disaster under bush and republican cronism, I would vote for mickey mouse before I vote for any republican. Period.

September 28, 2010 at 6:00 pm |
  166. Pepe Luis

Yes! I would vote for Palin. She was, and now is even more prepared than B. Hussein Obama to be president. First of all, SHE loves this country, and Obama despises this country and his apologies will end with his one term as president.
    I am betting you won't read this on the air, nor would you eat the building. "Be careful what you wish for....."

September 28, 2010 at 6:00 pm |
  167. Not fooled

Looks like President Obama would win and rightfully so, judging from these comments.

September 28, 2010 at 6:00 pm |
  168. Harold (St. Louis

I would vote for Obama 7 times, once for each continent-oops sorry Sarah, I mean six times.

September 28, 2010 at 6:00 pm |
  169. Dana

I'm a moderate who votes on the issues rather than the person. I don't like thinking about a country run by someone like Sarah Palin. She is a radical who talks patriotism and freedom, but she inspires people to hate.

September 28, 2010 at 6:00 pm |