August 12th, 2010

Should Pres. Obama drop Biden for Clinton in 2012?

ALT TEXT

(PHOTO CREDIT: JIM WATSON/AFP/GETTY IMAGES)

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

President Obama should drop Joe Biden and put Hillary Clinton on the ticket with him if he runs for re-election in 2012.

It's an idea that's getting lots of attention these days... despite the fact that the election is still more than two years away.

This all heated up after a piece on Politico.com this month by former Virginia Governor Douglas Wilder. He says as Secretary of State, Clinton has been nothing but a team player. Wilder says she's been tough and commanding when necessary... as well as graceful and diplomatic. He then compares her to Biden, who as Vice President has continued to make his infamous gaffes.

Wilder also points out that Clinton might be able to help the President win key voting blocs, like middle class Independents and working class voters.

Since the Wilder piece, the idea is popping up all over, from the pages of the Wall Street Journal to Time magazine, AOL's Politics Daily and The Daily Beast.

Some suggest Clinton and Biden should swap roles as Secretary of State and Vice President... while others argue that putting Clinton on the ticket will give Pres. Obama the best shot at re-election.

And then there's the whole notion of President Obama creating yet another historic ticket - with the first female vice president.

As for The White House - it quickly shot down this idea, insisting Joe Biden will continue to be a "trusted partner" for the president.

Of course, this could be a moot point if Mrs. Clinton decides to make another run at the top job.

Here’s my question to you: Should President Obama drop Joe Biden for Hillary Clinton as his running mate in 2012?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Dave in Phoenix writes:
The Democrats should drop Obama for Clinton.

Keith in Tucson, Arizona writes:
I think it would be great. Though I didn't like her too much when she was running against him, once he was the nominee, she did a complete about-face and has supported him since. Her character has been amazing. I would welcome such a ticket.

Patrick writes:
I hope not. Personally, I think Joe Biden is great. He's a working-class guy who possesses a first-class intellect and a keen sense for foreign policy. And as for his gaffes, as Michael Kinsley once said, "a gaffe is when a politician accidentally tells the truth." And after all the pandering and promises from both sides in Washington, I think we could all use a healthy dose of "the truth" these days.

Stan writes:
Jack, What a great idea! Then Hillary can run for president in 2016 and 2020, and then Chelsea Clinton in 2024 and 2028, and then Malia Obama in 2032 and 2036.

Chad in Los Angeles writes:
Recent history has shown having too ambitious of a V.P. can be disastrous for the entire world. Please see Bush-Cheney administrations for reference.

Sarah writes:
Clinton would make a much better candidate for Vice President than Joe Biden, but is that really what is best for our country? Hillary Clinton is one of the best Secretaries of State we have seen in long while. She should keep that job, where she really will be doing good.

Eugene in California writes:
Jack, I don't think it makes much of a difference. I suppose if Hillary became V.P. she might have an easier time with her presidential bid in 2016 but she'll be getting pretty long in the tooth by then.

Brian writes:
I don't care who he picks, he will not be re-elected!

Ben writes:
Not for a minute, Jack. No more than I should drop my cat and go pick up a porcupine.

1. Daniel Y.

NO! Biden is the only person in the white house worth listening too!

August 12, 2010 at 5:07 pm |
  2. jeff clark

Should keep it as is. VP is largely a figurehead position while Secretary of State is one of the most important cabinet positions with much power and influence.

August 12, 2010 at 5:07 pm |
  3. Cameron P

I'd rather see a Biden-Clinton ticket.

August 12, 2010 at 5:07 pm |
  4. Darren Surch

Yes. I'm a fan of Joe Biden but Hillary Clinton offers FAR more.

August 12, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  5. Isabel & Bob Martin

Under the circumstances President Obama should KEEP Biden.
    Though Both Biden and Hillary are experienced and both are extremely helpful to Obama, he should keep Biden.
    Hillary may decide to run for President in 2016?? smile

August 12, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  6. Bob

And put Hillary once step closer to the Presidency!!..and Bill back in the White House!! NO WAY!!!

Windsor, Wisconsin

August 12, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  7. jose soto

Yes, Obama should have Hillary Clinton for vice president in 2012, then he can get re elected

August 12, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  8. Jack - Lancaster, Ohio

Jack:

I think so, but where ? Not in our neighborhood !

Jack

August 12, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  9. Obama-2012

I think this would be a wonderful idea. President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton make a wonderful, powerful, and dynamic political. I would hope that he asks, she accepts, and Vice President Biden yield to the understanding of the issue at hand. God Bless America; God Bless the Obama Administration!

August 12, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  10. HJO

If Obama doesn't watch it, Hillary will be at the TOP of the ticket.

August 12, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  11. Michael Armstrong Sr. Tx.

Obama should have dropped loose lips from the get go he is an idiot compared to Hillary .

August 12, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  12. Ramesh from Illinois

Jack, if its only to create a history, then fine. Otherwise, keep the current duo as it is. This is because Obama could be and would be working effectively without the Clinton within the White house.

August 12, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  13. Leslie

Wanted Clinton in 2008. I would love to see her run in either capacity - President or Vice President. A ticket with her on it would automatically get my vote.

August 12, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  14. Michael

I wouldn't vote for either of them. The Democrats have crumbled my remaining bits of respect for their party and I will either vote GOP or Independent before I vote for this socialist mindset that's destroying the foundation of liberty and freedom. The Democrat Party only wants to divide the nation, not rally it. We need a rally and a leader....not another 4 years of social and economic engineering. Hillary would be better off running against Obama in the primary.

August 12, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  15. Kevin

He can put Mrs Clinton on the ticket, that's fine. But the idea of making Mr. Biden Secretary of State, where careful language and thoughtful discretion are job requirements, is not very smart. I'm not sure the rest of the world is ready for quips posing as diplomacy.

August 12, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  16. Kris

Absolutely! Obama needs her on the ticket if he wants to win. Clinton isn't a "quitter" of any office she has held! There is too much at stake not to have her on the ticket.

August 12, 2010 at 5:12 pm |
  17. Ken in NC

I have a better idea. Cafferty / Blitzer in 2012.

August 12, 2010 at 5:12 pm |
  18. Suzanne Hess

I would even go so far as to say Biden should resign for "family issues" and allow Obama to replace him with Clinton now.
    Suzanne
    California

August 12, 2010 at 5:12 pm |
  19. Petey, ATL

Doesn't make sense to me. Neither Hillary nor any other current member of the Admnistration will appeal to independents appreciably more than Biden. Indeed Hillary might appeal less to them than Biden would, given her longtime advocacy of national health care – something most independents don't want. There's a 99% chance that changing the VP will have zero effect, and the remaining 1% chance is potential negative effects from looking like he abandoned Biden.

Anyway, Obama remains personally popular even if he is not as popular as a president as he used to be. The GOP doesn't appear to have a candidate who can challenge that popularity, so I think Obama wins reelection no matter who his VP is.

Hillary as VP made political sense in 2008 but ultimately proved unnecessary. It doesn't even make political sense now.

August 12, 2010 at 5:12 pm |
  20. Timothy

Huh?

I was three when it happened, but I imagine you should be old enough to remember that there has already been a female vice presidential candidate! It'd only be historic if they won together!

August 12, 2010 at 5:12 pm |
  21. Jay Kay

This is a terrific idea!

August 12, 2010 at 5:12 pm |
  22. Captain Carl

Yes. A Obama-Clinton ticket would soothe my concerns. I do not believe that Biden has added anything, but has detracted.

August 12, 2010 at 5:13 pm |
  23. Smitty

I would love to see Obama win. I believe people are jumping the gun when they critize his performances and decisions after only almost a year in office and with what he has to deal with. I do not feel Obama should replace Biden with Clinton just to assure him of another reelection but because she would be best suited for the position. Also as stated what makes anyone so sure that she wants to be VP and not President. I would love to see Hillary and Sarah Palin run against each other and have Hillary wipe up the floor with Sarah. There is no way Sarah Palin could ever be President.

August 12, 2010 at 5:13 pm |
  24. justme

ABSOLUTELY! That is what Obama should have done the first time around. If anyone is thinking longer term about the Dem's shot at keeping the White House for at least two if not four terms, an Obama/Clinton ticket is the way to get that done.

August 12, 2010 at 5:13 pm |
  25. Lance, Ridgecrest, Ca

Jack, it doesn't matter! The way this administration is running this country, we'll be damn lucky if there is a country to have an election in 2012. California is collapsing before our eyes, and when Cal bankrupts, the rest of the country will follow rapidly, because noone really believes it can happen. Remember Greece earlier this year, multiple by 10 and that's California, coming right at the rest of the country.

August 12, 2010 at 5:14 pm |
  26. OBDAG from Appleton, WI

Replacing Biden with Clinton in 2012 does appeal to me. Biden has not been a visible VP, but that is the fault of Obama rather than Biden. I believe Biden could be very effective if Obama gave him responsibilities but has not really done so to this point in his presidency. I do agree that Clinton would be an asset in carying some voters that I think Obama will need to get reelected.

August 12, 2010 at 5:14 pm |
  27. ben

That's probably his best bet to win..but something has to be said for loyalty.

August 12, 2010 at 5:14 pm |
  28. Dave

August 12, 2010 at 5:15 pm |
  29. Burbank from CA

No, he should not. Hillary should run against him. Even some of the heavy-duty Fox fans that once hated her are now wishing she had been elected instead of Obama.

If anything, it should have been reversed with Hillary as President and Obama as V.P. in 2008, but it's too late for that now, I doubt he would be willing to take a back seat this next time around. Obama ran for this office too soon, he should have spent more time in the Senate first.

I don't think Hillary would want to be V.P., Secretary of State has much more impact and power. Not only that, it would make her an even better President for the additional experience it has given her.

August 12, 2010 at 5:15 pm |
  30. Mac

There are several reasons why congress has an approval record of 11%, Executive Brach at 41% and falling etc, and Hillary running for President or VP will only add to our mistrust of career politicians of both parties. Please vote out the Washington insiders and maybe things may change.

August 12, 2010 at 5:16 pm |
  31. Madison, WI

This is what I have been saying for the last year. Clinton knows how to come back at the non-sense from the right. Obama is a good president but needs Clinton behind him to be a one of the greats.

August 12, 2010 at 5:16 pm |
  32. John Gill

She could only be an asset. Her duiplomatic skills and ability to talk without her feet in her mouth.

August 12, 2010 at 5:16 pm |
  33. Ray in Nashville

Jack, I would not have voted for Ms. Clinton if she had been the last candidate running for president in 2008. Her performance as Secretary of State has changed my mind about her as it probably has for other Obama supporters as well. Dropping your VP for a more palatable candidate has precedent; FDR dropped Henry Wallace. This could work.

August 12, 2010 at 5:17 pm |
  34. Jackie

Yes! I think she would be great. Plus it would set her up to run again in 2016!

August 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  35. Don

This one is a no-brainer. It's a sure victory for him if he puts Hillary on the ticket.

August 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  36. Stephen from Florida

I'd rather have Hillary Clinton as President. I have nothing against President Obama, but I'd just rather have Hillary.
    Hillary!!!Hillary!!!Hillary!!!!

August 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  37. John

The Democrats should drop Joe Biden- I think that your wife (VP) was right when Mr. Obama offered you the choice or VP or Sec. State. Power is what influenced your choice, and in 2012 you are going to pay for it when President Obama switches you with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Mrs. Clinton was the right choice for Vice President and to be quite frank, probably a better choice for President then Mr.Obama.

August 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  38. Mitch from Tulare, Calif

obama needs to just go back being a community organizer in 2012

August 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  39. Chris Myers

I have never been a Hillary fan. Having said that she has done a damn fine job as Secretary of State. I'm having a much harder time disliking her lately!

August 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  40. Sarah S

Yes, yes, a thousand times YES! I know of many people, especially women, who voted Republican because Hillary wasn't on the ticket. This move would bring most of them back.

August 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  41. Michael Armstrong Sr. Tx.

It dont make no difference any ways he will be lucky to even be asked to run in 2012 his polls are getting worst then Jimmy Carters .

August 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  42. Lucas Perie

Absolutely. Biden wanted to be Sec. of State in the first place. The Clintons are so popular in swing states such as Ohio, Flordia, Pennsylvania. I say go for it.

43. Boyd

ABSOLUTLY! He should have selected her instead of Biden. Hillary was better choice for President!

44. m scott

Hillary CLinton is incredibly educated and has shown the world what she can do in any position – her intelligence, experiance and grace -I ladmire her

I can't believe she would stoop to such a level to try and save the Obama debacle

45. chairman

I think Biden should run for Pres and Hillary for VP. BO should become the replacement for Jesse Jackson.

46. Annie, Atlanta

I was happy with the ticket in 2008 and will be just as happy with it in 2012. Of course, with the skewering right wing owned media is doing to the President, who knows where we'll be in 2 years. God help us.

47. Janis Brendle

No–Hillary should run on her own. Dallas, TX

August 12, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  48. Susan from Birmingham, Al.

Don't really care, wouldn't vote for them anyway.

49. Tim Smith

He shouldnt drop JB! What kind of nonsense is that? Thats like saying JB isnt working out. Its a insult to HC as well. She needs to focus on 2016 and lead the ticket.

50. Michael

Mac has my vote already!

August 12, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  51. Kirk (Apple Valley, MN)

While putting Mrs. Clinton on the ticket as VP would be an amazing coup d'etat to the radical right and insure President Obama's second term in office, I doubt that Mrs. Clinton will likely accede to it unless Mr. Biden were to offer his resignation. Being VP would certainly enhance Mrs. Clinton's likelihood of being elected the first woman president and would be very enticing. However, please don't put ideas in anyone's heads about Mr. Biden being Secretary of State! We'd be at war with just about everybody before anyone knew what was going on!

52. Gail Solomon

I think its an idea.... why not use the Secy of state as a spring board and go all the way to the top and run for the #1 spot

53. David

Jack, I'd actually suggest that Obama may not run again in 2012. He has done a lot of what he was voted in to do, and I would not be surprised if he stepped aside after one term. Hilary Clinton would be the obvious front runner in such a case, and I think she'd stand a better chance of winning in 2012 than Obama would, anyway.

54. Donna

People can bash Vice President Biden all they want but you will not find a more loyal, trustworthy politician in Washington. He's a man that speaks his mind (sometimes to his detriment) and that is nothing to be ashamed of. We certainly could use a lot more Joe Biden's in Washington IMHO!

55. EB

I voted for Hillary Clinton in the primaries. I would vote for her again if she ran for president. I would not vote for an Obama/Hillary ticket. No way, forget about it! Obama had his chance and is dropping the ball. Let Hillary take a shot at the presidency. She's a lot more reliable. C'mon we have no jobs for chirst sake. This is terrible. The country has and is going down the tubes.

56. Brian

I think I and the majority wouldn't vote for either ticket but at least with Clinton the loss won't look quite as lopsided. The White House says they would never throw Joe under the bus? Yeah, right. The 2012 campaign and its lies, empty promises and far-fetched unobtainable ideas have already began. I think I will sell my TV's and computers and wait to get new ones in January 2013.

Brian
    Virginia

57. Milo in Atlanta

Only if he offers Biden secretary of state. Biden is a team player, too.

He's neither an empty suit or a puppet master. He's a good VP. His gaffs are mostly harmless, and funny as hell. He says "big f-'n deal" and gets away with it. That's because we like Joe.

That said, Hillary would get more votes. And Joe could pretty much keep doing what he does now under the job title of Secretary of State.

58. Karen

President Obama would do well to put Hillary Clinton on his ticket in 2012 but the country would do even better with her doing his job!

Let's pool our collective energy – Hillary Clinton 2012!

59. mark

Don't we go through this blather about dropping a running mate every time a president's first term is winding down? How many times has it actually happened? Exactly.

60. Tony Scott

YES. Joe is a good, significant advisor, and wanted to be Secretary of State anyway. But Joe is too nice as VP – Hillary will help Barack be tougher when he needs to be. It would be fantastic ticket vs Palin & co.

61. Rick in Texas

No Jack, Obama shouldn't replace Biden with Hillary. Hillary should run AGAINST Obama in the Democrat primary. With her popularity and Obama's "blame anyone but me" attitude, she would crush him and I for one would come back to the Democrat party. As it stands now, my vote will go to anyone that opposes Obama.

62. Bob fom Long Island

If Obama is a super hero than Joe Biden is the comic side kick.
    We need Obama a real team player not Mr Gaffe! Hillary is a natural for the job!

63. Michael Davidson

I hail from Minneapolis, MN. As a Democrat who supported Hillary from the start of her Presidential bid and even wrote her name on the ballot in November 2008 (Because I Could!), I do not want Hillary to take the job of VP. She is doing an amazing job as Secretary of State. At this point, if she's not going to be President I'd rather see her on the Supreme Court.

64. wren

Hillary is way smarter than Barack; he's a liberal black version of Sarah Palin(an amateur)

Hillary should have been president

65. Gary Bellew

Why? One seems to be like the other.

Gary Bellew
    MO

66. Matthew Blackwell

Hi, this is Matt from Woodbridge, Connecticut. I'm a strong Obama supporter and I approve of the job Clinton is doing as Secretary of State. The position of Vice President is moderately inconsequential in regards to executive power. He/she is merely a substitute should the commander in chief resign, die, or be impeached. Considering this, it would really be a waste to lose such a great SOS like Hillary in order to put her in such a insignificant position as the vice presidency. That being said, most Americans don't think that way and will only consider the candidates on the ticket, not the cabinet. As such, maybe it is a good idea to put Clinton on the 2012 ticket. Whatever we need to do to keep Obama in. As an aside, Biden is no Kissinger. Keep him away from that job!

67. Becki

Obama need not run. Obama has ruined the chances for any democrat to get elected, especially an incumbant.

68. Scott Stodden

In My Opinion I Would Have To Say No Its Not A Good Idea Because Its Disrespectful To Vice President Biden! Joe Biden Has Fulfilled His Role As Vice President Very Well, His Gaffes As People Are Calling Them Are Not All That Serious, Joe Biden Represents The American People Very Well As Vice President And Im Proud Of Him! Also, If President Obama Chose Hillary As His Running Mate In 2012 Then She Couldn't Run For President In 2012, I Think Hillary Should Be President And Obama Should Be Vice President!

Scott Stodden (Freeport,Illinois)

69. Todd S

No..he should not drop him......if Obama replaces Biden, it will just be another arugument about how he in unqualified for the job....Biden should step aside and let Hillary take the spot and that will let the administration save face

70. betty

hillary should change places with obama. get him off the ticket and maybe we'lll have a shot. talk about driving the car in the ditch. take the keys away from obama.

August 12, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  71. Rikki

I don't see it happening at all, as much as I think it would be a better voice for the country were it to happen. A person like Hillary Clinton advising him so closely would be mower beneficial than Biden by far, but I just don't see the White House making that change nor do I see the American people voting for that couple. Some may kike change but not that much.

August 12, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  72. Shelby Morrison

Sec. Hillary Clinton is doing such a good job for the United States and for the administration, it would be a shame to remove her to serve as vice-president. It would interesting to hear how she feels about it.

August 12, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  73. Debra

I would NOT vote for Obama even if Hilary was on his ticket.,PERIOD.
    I am sick of Obama and his " Change I Can Believe In". Nada Jack.....I dont believe him, his excutive officer's of his campain.....I was taken in by the B/S of what he would do, I am not impressed Jack....thankx, but let Hilary run on her own seperate ticket from Obama.....I might consider that.

August 12, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  74. Jason

Well..... DUH! Seriously Clinton as VP would be actually too good to be true. It would almost guarantee a re-election victory for Mr. Prez, and would hit Sarah Palin's new Mommy's Gone Wild theme.

August 12, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  75. Carla

For Sure, she should be President now!!!

Small town-Russell Springs, Ky

August 12, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  76. Burbank from CA

Biden the Gaffe Master as Secretary of State??? That's about as smart as putting the red phone in Palin's hands when she's having one of her whiny hysterical blaming tantrums!!! That's scary!!!

August 12, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  77. Bob Lacombe

I think Hillary woull make a great VP, but somehow I'd miss Joe's surprising remarks.....

August 12, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  78. Chaney, La.

No....I dont think President Obama will dump Biden and embrace Hillary..... besides Hillary is a big girl and she can run in 2016 if she wants to...thats just tooooooo far away.....

August 12, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  79. WIlliam

Time to vote everyone out and vote new independents in.

August 12, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  80. Donnie in Texas

I think Hilary has proven her loyalty and hard working demeanor for many years. She stood by her man during the Lewinsky scandal, she made an excellent senator for New York, she stood by her followers through her run for the Presidency and has since been an incredible Secretary of State. I think the only way Obama recovers from his negative image during the first two years of his term is with a woman known for her incredible hard work and loyalty like Hilary Clinton. I'm going to vote for him either way, but I would run naked through the streets with banners leading people to the polls for an Obama-Clinton ticket!!

August 12, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  81. E Steinert

NAHH! First of all, Hillary wouldn't want the VP job. It would be a step down for her, and she learned from the 2008 race that she really doesn't like running for national office. I can't imagine her sitting in front of the Senate and being happy. Look at the dynamic job she has now!

August 12, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  82. Marie

No, they should not get rid of Biden, get rid of Obama and put Hillary in his place, this country might be a better place without him in the White House Anyone other than Obama has to do a better more professional job than he is doing.

August 12, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  83. Marvin Ostrega

I think Vice President Joe Biden has done a good job even though he sometimes puts his foot in his mouth, but who doesn't? Regardless though dropping Joe in favor of Hillary as a vice presidential candidate would definetly assure Obama of a second term just because of her popularity with voters. Joe had his turn. Let Hillary try! :-)

August 12, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  84. Erik Osterrieder

Of course it should be Obama-Clinton! She, not Biden due to age, is the obvious successor to Obama in 2016 and possesses superb qualifications for the job.

August 12, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  85. emma texas

i know my comment will be in the moderation box but i'm gonna comment anyway..........if possible he needs to drop all those NO sayers in congress that's preventing him from getting things done for the people.

August 12, 2010 at 5:23 pm |
  86. Sherry

I like Joe Biden even with his "gaffs", maybe because of them. It would be great if he would "fall on the sword" and Hillary ran with Obama as Vice-President in 2012.
    And Jack, I love your Irish wit. You only become more wise when you become "long in the tooth". I should know because I just turned 70.

August 12, 2010 at 5:23 pm |
  87. David P Vernon

Tucson, AZ – This is another stupid idea from the people who write about politics but never actually run for office or even work an election. Hillary's present job is important, and Secs of State have made President before, at least as much as VPs Biden as VP can do little harm, and will add some partisan flash to the next campaign. The reasons for doing this the first time are still in effect – random change is never for the better. Why alter a winning combination, at the suggestion of Politico.com?

August 12, 2010 at 5:23 pm |
  88. Lyn

This sounds like a plan to play one against the other. In other words get Obama, Biden and Clinton having hard feelings against one another. Is this your plan? Could we please have a question pitting the Republicans against one another tomorrow? Fat chance, huh? It's time to change the tune, this one sidedness is getting tiresome .
    When I write my opinion you take it off. A good way to lose your audience.

August 12, 2010 at 5:23 pm |
  89. Bart

Absolutely; I think this is exactly what the Democratic Party needs to do to re-energize the base. Biden has been a fair VP, but Hillary has been a stellar SOS and will bring supports back to the Dems.

August 12, 2010 at 5:23 pm |
  90. Billy

I think that President Obama should absolutely drop Vice-President Biden for Secretary Clinton. With all the turmoil and bad press that the Obama administration is receiving these days, coupled with the increasing likliehood that Democrats will lose the House and Senate, Obama needs to rejuvenate his political life once again. And what better way to do that than running with one of America's most highly looked upon people. Americans are liking the Clinton's a lot right now, and the recent wedding of Chelsea only adds to the positive press. What's more, Secretary Clinton is as qualified for the job as anyone. Vice President Biden was selected because of his experience in foreign relations, and no offense, but you could not ask for a more qualified person for a Vice President with foreign relations experience than a Secretary of State. Hillary Clinton was my choice for President in 2008, and I think that a lot of Americans will be looking for stability in the duo running for President in 2012. And as history repeats itself, people always turn back to what they know in fragile times, and quite frankly, The Clinton's are all that America's got.

August 12, 2010 at 5:23 pm |
  91. Mark Crouch

Jack, I'm from Delaware but lets be honest. Joe gave the Obama ticket the Foreign Policy and Judical experience it needed to be a winner. Yes Joe is often too plain spoken but that's just old fashioned blue-collar charm!

August 12, 2010 at 5:23 pm |
  92. Brian

No he shouldn't, Jack. That would just create more gossip, not to mention instability for the Democratic ticket. Bush never dropped Cheney for Colin Powell or Condi Rice in '04 and he was reelected handily. The only rational reason why Hillary would get the #2 spot in 2012 is because she's a woman – the ultimate buzz factor in Presidential Politics. But guess what, Jack? Mondale & McCain did just that, and look at how they did... Need I say more??

August 12, 2010 at 5:23 pm |
  93. Brandon

That idea conflicts with the "Be As Ineffecient As Possible" ideology that is Washington.

August 12, 2010 at 5:23 pm |
  94. Nikki

Switch Biden with Hillary, and then switch Hillary with Obama.

August 12, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  95. teena in denver

Yes and to insure a victory VP Biden should gracefully decline to continue on the ticket! And, then I would appoint Gen. Colin Powell as Secretary of State as replacement for Mrs. Clinton.

August 12, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  96. Kevin Clarke

President Obama will be a one termer unless he adds Mrs. Clinton to the ticket. I think it would be a hard ticket to beat for any Republican ticket. Obama / Clinton 2012

August 12, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  97. Mary Lyda, southern Oregon

I think this Obama/Clinton ticket should be seriously considered if President Obama hasn't been able to bring up his ratings by the time he needs to select his running mate. Putting Mrs. Clinton on the ticket as vice president would excite the base again, and definitely bring out all the former Hillary Clinton voters. I'm sure V.P. Biden would make a great Secretary of State, and not mind the change in positions if it appears this switch would help the Democratic Party stay in power for another 4 yrs., maybe even 12 yrs.!

August 12, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  98. Sandy

Hillary Clinton has done an outstanding job as Secretary of State! Biden is great as Vice President. (Better than Cheney) The job of Secretary of State is far more important to Obama than Vice President. Change comes slowly – but it is coming!! It took years for us to get into this mess – and with some cooperation from the members of Congress (both parties) we are climbing out of this hole! Obama will be re-elected – and he has a great team!

August 12, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  99. Joe Martell

Who would take Hillary's place? Would her position as VP help or hurt the work she has been doing as Secretary of State? There is alot more to the issue...but it could be 'just the ticke't for whats ailing the democrates.

Joe........New Hampshire

August 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  100. John, Minnesotax

Sure, it would be more proof positive this Administration is wandering aimlessly.

August 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  101. juan

Joe who? Biden is not helping him in the polls. but we all know it is not going to happen.

August 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  102. Bill from Kansas

I think Hillary Clinton would make a great Vice President. She has the credentials and the experience, unfortunately Obama dropping Biden for his 2012 reelection campaign is absolutely ridiculous. C'mon Jack, you know better. It's to bad though that the position will continue to be held by old white males, who shoot their friends in the face and spout off the f word likes there's no tomorrow.

August 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  103. Chris from WI

August 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  104. andyz

If Joe Biden announces he doesn't want the job anymore than the President's hands are no longer tied. If Joe wants to stay and Obama dumps him he will have trouble getting votes from anyone, to include illegal aliens. By the way, I'm hoping Hillary is on the tcket as Vice-Presiddent in 2012 and President in 2016.

August 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  105. Jeff Vranek

No Hillary should not run for VP. Should Hillary pay back $2 million to Peter Paul first before she runs for anything. Campaign corruption! Isn't that illegal? What ever happened? Case dropped?

August 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  106. Renee, Ill.

He should have gone with Clinton in the first place, Biden has been nothing but a walking verbal disaster. And, although I voted for Obama, given how many things he's reneged on since taking office I've found myself wishing that Clinton had beaten him in the Democratic primary. She's been a far more effective Secretary of State than Obama has been President – and this is coming from someone who still supports Obama, I do think he's trying. But I also think his inexperience is showing. And clearly, Biden is no help. If he doesn't replace Biden with Clinton he risks losing his job to her. Ironic since I'm pretty sure that's why he didn't offer her VP to begin with.

August 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  107. docb

THis could be the stupiest move of all time...If Hillary wants to run let her in 2016..Biden is a firm trusted experienced advisor...He has vast knowledge of foreign and domestic issues . Is trusted by World leaders and is a good foil for Obama's dry humour!

Wilder was running away with himself...The Puma's and her old supporters are kneejerking to get their way though it did not happen in the race!

Let her make a choice to run in 2016! I know bill still wants his third term..but do Americans..Let her and them decide!

August 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  108. Shaun Daily - Las Vegas

The way things look now, Obama's re election chances look about as good as you winning American Idol.

By adding Hillary to the ticket in 2012, might be the only way Obama can get re elected and it would give her an advantage in 2016.

Shaun Daily, Las Vegas

August 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  109. Don Desaulniers (Belleville, Ontario)

You've got it all wrong, Jack.
    Biden should drop Obama and run as Hillary Clinton's vice-presidential running mate.

August 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  110. Enisha Cray

Jack I would like nothing more than to see Hilary on board as vice-presidential candidate in 2012. Honestly it may be the only way for the president to get re-elected if his popularity continues to slip amungst we independents. It would be the only way he would get my vote in 2012 and thats for sure.

August 12, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  111. PLATANO

I believe Obama has better change of getting re-elected with H.clinton, however I rather see another clinton running the white house. (remember it took a Clinton to clean up the mess left by the first bush, it surely takes another Clinton to clean up the mess left by second bush). lets elect Clinton as president 2012, Obama could take a cabinet job. I'm a Democrat.

August 12, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
  112. FreedomBaby

It should be Hillary for Prez! Obama is an idiota!

August 12, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
  113. ramiro

Jack who said people in the USA are going to vote for him in 2012
    after the last 19 months of pure indecisions
    remember you vote for the top of the ticket not for the bottom of it
    adore Hillary without Obama
    Ramiro
    Miami Beach

August 12, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
  114. Ron from Indiana

Jack: Great idea, but you haven't given "Loose Lips" credit for his championing of an idea that would have extracted us from the Iraq bloodbath 2 yrs ago; viz., split the artificial "nation" (created by WW I British draftsmen) into 3 states and get the hell out! The thought of Hillary savaging Sarah Wink-Wink in 2012 is delicious.

August 12, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
  115. John

I'm an independent who voted for McCain in '08. I'm not inclined to vote for Obama in '12, no matter who is running as his VP. I personally don't care who's in the VP slot and think the media pays too much attention to it. But if Hilliary is running in the top spot, I might vote for her depending on who she is running against. She seems more likely to move to the center than Obama.

August 12, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
  116. Steve P

Hillary should have been at the Top of the Ticket the last time around. She and Bill would have taken the democrates in a very different direction.

As a Democracte, this is the only way I will vote in 2012. I can not, with good conscious vote for more of the same.

August 12, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  117. Judith Hansen

Let's drop both Obama and Biden and go with HILLARY, like should have been done in 2008!!

August 12, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  118. Rich McKinney, Texas

Jack what your proposing sounds to me like a good way to get a republican elected.

August 12, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  119. Greg, Hamilton Ontario

Think about it...Obama brings in the black vote and Hillary brings in the non redneck female vote. What does that leave the GoP? Texas and Arizona? Sounds like a second term to me and the Vice President would make a great Secretary of State. He is known world wide already.

August 12, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  120. David P.

Jack, Obama should've dropped him before the elections. He continues to be reckless and thereby undermine the administration's image. I cannot name a single moment, since Obama took office, where he has done anything positively noticeable.

David (NY-NY)

August 12, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  121. Bryan Aikens

Yes I believe Hillary would be much more effective

August 12, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  122. Kevin

Hi Jack,
    It's to early to think about the 2012 election when we have so much more economic calamity ahead of us. Look, I hate to say it, but the American public doesn't seem to get that our problems have been caused by thirty years of the wrong economic policies and deregulation. We need to start asking the real questions that will start to change or current system so that our prosperity will grow and compete with Asia where they are currently trying to slow down economic growth. There are fundamental changes that need to occur, but the Vice President's job quite frankly isn't at the top of that list.

Kevin from NJ

August 12, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  123. Harvey L.

It's really a no brainer. With record low approval ratings for President Obama, there is really no reason to keep Biden. Biden's mouth hurts Obama more than it tends to help him. Although Hillary is part of the Obama Administration, she will be seen as a fresh face to the much needed middle class votes by perhaps giving the perception that we may be trying to move more to the Clinton 90s economic policies. This also gives the divided democrats a reason to vote for an Obama-Clinton ticket. Afterall, Clinton does have those 14 million strong supporters behind her.

August 12, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  124. Hannah Davis

NO! no! Can't trust the Clintons. V.P. Biden is a good family man and trustworthy. Remember Mr. Clinton's racist remarks during the campaign against the president. The Clintons are dirty, deceitful players and she is much too polarizing. Please Mr. President, leave the Clintons outside the door.

August 12, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  125. David Bradshaw

Clinton is obviously the democrats at this point best chance in 2016. The move makes sense for a succession at that date.

August 12, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  126. Bodhi

I never understood why he choose Biden anyway. I understand he has good military experience but Hillary is the smarter choice.

August 12, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  127. Kyle

How about this ticket for 2012?

Pres. Barack Obama
    VP. Hilary Clinton
    Chief of Staff Joe Biden
    Sec. of State Colin Powell
    White House Janitor Rahm Emanuel

August 12, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  128. Thomas Dyar

It would be a great move for the President. However, If Sec. Clinton wants to run in 2012, She should stay where she is.

August 12, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  129. Mike

I think this is a great idea. In fact I've been predicitng this would happen, that Pres. Obama would drop VP. Biden for S.O.S Clinton for a couple of months now. It may be the only hope for Pres. Obama in 2012 to win re-election, especially if his poll numbers continue to fall and Deomcrats get their butts handed to them in the upcoming mid term elections.

August 12, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  130. Paul from Phoenix

Jack,

Run as VP? Hell, she should run against Obama for the nominee!

Paul from Phoenix

August 12, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  131. Lee-Ann Mercando

No I don't think she should replace Biden as Vice Presidental candidate. She should run for President herself in 2012. I think she could beat Obama.

August 12, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  132. Mark Schmitt

The best option would be to drop Obama and Biden and start from scratch for 2012.

August 12, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  133. JustSayingNo

Obama could have Jesus Christ (or Alla) as his running mate and I still would not vote for him. He is the most divisive and incompetent President t we have ever had.

August 12, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  134. Adam Rurik

Biden is the only person in the entire Administration who has the right plan for AfPak, just as his partition idea would have been the way to go in Iraq. (Heck, it still might happen.) Obama would be a fool to replace him!

Adam
    Windsor, Newfoundland (Canada)

August 12, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  135. kevin from oregon

how about this jack how about obama drops himself from the ticket and go back to being a community organizer he is just way over his head

August 12, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  136. Prof Ramesh C. Manghirmalani, Geneva

Jack: Good idea, but Mrs Clinton carries few baggage which she might have too drop of.

August 12, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  137. Ron (Denver)

It was a good idea during the election and it's still a good idea. I used to think she was not a team player, but it turns out I was wrong about her. She is tougher than most and can handle the heat. Perfect choice to keep the dems in for 12 more years at least!

August 12, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  138. dusty

i think obama and clilnton would be a very good choice for all the hanger ons

August 12, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  139. Ron in Asheville, NC

Jack. I m an independent voter and was a Hillary supporter until the 2008 democratic primary. After the campaign she ran, she has lost my vote forever. I'm not a great Biden fan either, but I would probably vote for an Obama-Biden ticket unless there's something persuasive coming from another party–which I don't expect.

August 12, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  140. Peter G. (West Hills, CA)

I was originally a Hillary supporter in '08, so I would love to see her on the ticket. I agree she could be a great help in the President's re-election bid. However, that being said I don't believe it would ever happen because it would call into question the President's judgement in one of the most important decisions he has had to make, choosing his successor in case something were to happen to him. If he switched from Biden to Hillary, just for what would be viewed as purely for politically expedient reasons, his original decision to go with Biden would be questioned along with his overall judgement. I'd like to see it, but it won't happen.

August 12, 2010 at 5:40 pm |
  141. Dennis from Missouri

Jack,

How about we just have a re-match from 2008 and let Obama and Hillary fight for the top spot. Hillary knows she has a great opportunity to capture the nomination in 2012, so why accept the No. 2 spot? A Clinton/Bayh ticket in 2012 would be pretty formidable to me!

August 12, 2010 at 5:40 pm |
  142. MIke

I thinbk it's a great idea for Obama to drop Biden and replace him with Hillary Clinton, in fact I've been predicitng it woud happen for months. It may actually become a politcal neccesity for Obama if Democrats get thier you now whats handed to them in te upcpming mid terms and Obama's popularity ratings continue to fall.

August 12, 2010 at 5:40 pm |
  143. Thomas Dyar

Shreveport LA
    Yes. It could assure his reelection and save the House seats. She could then run in 2016.

August 12, 2010 at 5:40 pm |
  144. Harvey L.

It’s really a no brainer. With record low approval ratings for President Obama, there is really no reason to keep Biden. Biden’s mouth hurts Obama more than it tends to help him. Although Hillary is part of the Obama Administration, she will be seen as a fresh face to the much needed middle class votes by perhaps giving the perception that we may be trying to move more to the Clinton 90s economic policies. This also gives the divided democrats a reason to vote for an Obama-Clinton ticket. Afterall, Clinton does have those 14 million strong supporters behind her.

August 12, 2010 at 5:40 pm |
  145. r e mccray

Wasn't that the plan all along? Hope so ...

August 12, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  146. Todd in Phoenix, AZ

Absolutely not. Under no circumstances should Obama put Clinton on the ticket, because it just might get him reelected and this country cannot afford more of the nonsense we have already seen from this administration. Clinton has already proven that her view of a domestic agenda is a disaster. The combo would be devastating for this country.

August 12, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  147. Nick

People keep going on about how Obama should watch his step, or he may not get re-elected in 2012. Who does he have to worry about? Who in the Republican party has better ideas? Are you people going to vote for ANYbody, just to spite Obama? How blind are you?

August 12, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  148. SeaknightRex

Surely you jest, I can hear it now, "Yes we will somehow secure the boarders in my first year of re-election along with supporting Gay marragies and lowering taxes"...figure the odds.

August 12, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  149. Peggy, St. Louis

An Obama – Clinton ticket would give Obama his best shot at being reelected. Hillary has proven herself as Secretary of State and would be a strong and competent VP. Biden should resign and "spend time with his family."

August 12, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  150. DIANA

As much as I love Biden and can't really complain about his job as Vice -President, an Obama-Clinton ticket would be the dream ticket.

I heard somewhere that this would be a perfect strategy. Biden won't be able to run in 2016. Clinton as Vice-President would be set to take over after Obama's second term.

Plust the excitement it would bring would be out of this world.

OBAMA-CLINTON 2012
    CLINTON – ? 2016

August 12, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  151. Todd Kingsley

Actually, I offer a very different option; Hillary Clinton should run and retire the other two!

August 12, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  152. RG from Syracuse, NY

Jack,
    Obama-Clinton idea is just an effort to get Obama reelected. Having Clinton on the ticket would help him, but it would not help the American people. Also having Clinton on the ticket removes the danger of having her challenge Obama in a primary. I think that would be more beneficial to the country and a great test to our democracy.

August 12, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  153. honest John in Vermont

Sure lets do a little switcheroo. Boot Biden out and bring Hilary in–but lets make her President and Obama her VP. Obama has had his chance and he sure hasn't done much except talk alot.

August 12, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  154. Brian Wickremasinghe - Woodland Hills

The best thing that could happen to USA in a long time.

August 12, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  155. Robert Bracken

Hi Jack, Hillary should take the solo role in 2012 and run for election. This President and Whitehouse is a J.O.K.E! Sincerely, Pittsburgh, Pa

August 12, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  156. zach

August 12, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  157. BabyJames

"Cllinton should have been the nominee in 08 – it was only the media's obsession with Obama's rhetoric that landed us with a second rate alternative. She won't do it, but she should definitely run in 2012 – she is the only hope the Democrats have of retaining the Presidency."
    Dave

I couldn't have said it better!

August 12, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  158. Pat of California

Yes! Dream ticket.

August 12, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  159. Jon F - San Francisco, California

President Obama has got to put together some coherent strategy on the economy and the deficit. Without that, he will only win re-election if the Republicans put out some nonsense candidate such as Sarah Palin.

I really don't think that Secretary Clinton could add much to his ticket – certainly not for me and my middle aged counterparts. With younger voters and extreme liberals – he may alienate them even more than he already has.

If you really want some political progress in the next 5 or 6 years, it may be best of Hilary broke ranks with Obama and ran against him in the next presidential primary. As it stands now, Obama is alienating everyone who voted for him. Adding Hillary Clinton to the ticket won't change that.

August 12, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  160. Alicia

Hilary will not settle for being #2, end of story...this is a waste of time!

August 12, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  161. Brian

Absolutely. They would be a sizable force to contend with. One that would bolster the chances of his re-election.

August 12, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  162. Texas Progressive

Joe is a true champion of the American working class and a magnificent Vice President of the United States. Those offended by his language need to find real issues to discuss. I suspect they were less offended by Dick Cheny's foul mouth since Republican's appear to have the remarkable ability to selectively forget, or even revise, when it suits their needs. Joe has the President's back, something he needs when he's attacked by the greatest threat to America – the ultra-right-wing!

August 12, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  163. Holly

OMG!!! I sure hope he doesn't even run again! What a waste of time and lives he has caused the Country. I'm voting for Palin...pray she runs...and kicks rear!!

August 12, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  164. Norman

Why not run Chelsea? Can we crown a new American royal family?
    Is there any correlation between Bill's talent and his wife's, because lets face it she has no political career without him. She swallowed her pride, kept the cheater, and is getting the payoff now. Let's not make the payoff any bigger.

August 12, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  165. Jennifer

I wouldn't vote for either of them. I only voted for Obama because he chose Biden as his Vice. Sure, Biden slips up now and then, but I would rather have a leader who is real, speaks from the heart, and cares for his country down to his core, than a leader who can read a tele-prompter well.

August 12, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  166. Mac from Vacaville

Its not gonna happen. Clinton cannot be satisfied with the #2 seat. Wait for 2016 and you'll see what I mean.

August 12, 2010 at 5:47 pm |
  167. Willie12345

I'm assuming that you mean the Hillary would become Michelle's new social secretary.

August 12, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  168. TonyInNYC

I was thrilled to vote for her to be my senator, and I would not hesitate to vote for an Obama-Clinton ticket. But I would also regret losing a brilliant Secretary of State.

August 12, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  169. Jeff

Sure, drop Biden. It's the only realistic way that Obama will get reelected. He won't do it with Biden and if Clinton runs on her own, she will likely get the nomination.

August 12, 2010 at 5:49 pm |
  170. kebar Temesgen

i think Don Desaulniers missing the point here, we are talking about who should be the best vice president candidate to suport Obama.
    here is what i thik, i think it is beter if Obama pick Hilary as a vice president for 2012, she is on track for almost everything here in the nation as well as outside the nation,but Joe is a good politician not the stongest one at this time.

August 12, 2010 at 5:49 pm |
  171. Jean, Toronto

Should President Obama drop Joe Biden for Hilary Clinton in the next election? The answer is plain and simple: "NO!"

August 12, 2010 at 5:50 pm |
  172. monteczuma

biden-clinton would sound better in 2016. so lets just keep thing the way they are

August 12, 2010 at 5:50 pm |
  173. Chris

I hate to say this Jack......but for the first time in 17 years of voting Democrat, I am pressed with a major decision! Either to switch parties for the first time and vote Republican or not to vote at all! I am leaning towards switching parties! I can't imagine not voting and voting for an independent is like throwing away a vote! The fab five(not the Michigan basketball team of the early to mid 90's) Obama-Biden-Pelosi-Reid-Frank have destroyed my faith in our party and have left me no choice! America matters and can be a great place again! (not just for illegal immigrants)

August 12, 2010 at 5:50 pm |
  174. Desert Rat

Obama should NOT even run in 2012. He should be ashamed of what he has already done to our country. It would be a blessing if her were removed from office before 2012. Unfortunately, he has his sights on a much bigger dream, to be the World Leader of the New Order.

August 12, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  175. jmo

clinton-obama 2016

August 12, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  176. Vicki from Ventura, CA

Obama/Clinton in 2012 would be a win-win. It will help Obama get that second term, where I know he could feel free to step up on many issues he has been too cautious about within the first term. It would also open the door for Hiliary to run for President in 2016.

I say – Why Not?

August 12, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  177. Randy

Yes, Yes, Yes. That's brilliant. Dems could easily keep the office for another 8 to 12 years with such a strategy. Sorry Joe, I like you but you got to go, this is not a game we can afford to loose.

August 12, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  178. Brett Doyle San Antonio TX

A savvy silver-tongued Hillary Clinton would be more of an independant vote draw than a loose-lipped Joe Biden!

August 12, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  179. Ben

This is Def a WINNING-Ticket! Besides the Republican's only Chance is that of Sarah Palin!... NO-NEED-TO-COMMENT on that one!

August 12, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  180. Eric

I am guessing all the late night comedians do not want Biden to go anywhere. Obama and Biden are not capable of carrying Hillary Clinton's purse. Pains me to say it as an Independent/Libertarian but the country would have been far better off if Hillary had won.

August 12, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  181. Chris from NY

The only way the Democrats will get my vote in 2012 is to have Secretary Clinton on the ticket- anywhere.

August 12, 2010 at 5:55 pm |
  182. george c paree

He is the only thing funny in obamas goverment thats funny. With out him obama funy bul would be unbearable. chuck paree anderson in

August 12, 2010 at 5:55 pm |
  183. Mary

I dont think it would be a good idea because she would make Obama look even more inexperience. If he needs her to be reelected than it only serve to confirm that she should've been the one chosen during the primaries.

August 12, 2010 at 5:55 pm |
  184. Deirdre

Anything that puts Bill Clinton back in the White House is an excellent plan! He should have been President for life...he is brilliant, plain and simple. Hillary Clinton is also brilliant and she would have been, and still can be, a President of the highest quality, as good or maybe better than President Bill. She would make solid, well thought-out decisions. I'm not casting aspersions on President Obama. I think he is a fine man, good, decent, smart and he was handed a huge mess when Bush left...you can't begin to clean that up in a couple of years...that will take generations.

August 12, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  185. marky

No! I want Clinton in the WH and Obama no where near it. He has been the biggest bust in our party's history! Just swap Obama with Clinton and that would really be the best move!

August 12, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  186. Dave

I think that when 2012 comes around, everybody will be fleeing Obama like rats off a ship. That includes Hillary.
    In the conservative states, they already avoid him.

(Mods, go ahead and delete this one too)

August 12, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  187. JR

And what makes you think Clinton would want that?

August 12, 2010 at 5:57 pm |