June 28th, 2010

Does 'angry' best describe how you feel about midterm elections?

ALT TEXT

(PHOTO CREDIT: THINKSTOCK)

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

The incumbents are already running for the hills... fearing the wrath of the American voters.

Poll after poll shows how fed up the public is with Washington, with incumbents, with the direction the country is headed and on and on.

So The Washington Post decided to find out if "angry" is the best way to describe how voters feel headed into the midterm elections.

The answer is mixed.

On the one hand, pollsters say describing voters as "angry" is too narrow... because there's actually a whole range of other emotions mixed with the anger. Things like dissatisfaction, anxiety, frustration, pessimism, doubt, etc.

One Republican pollster says most voters are "anxious"... he believes the key voting bloc in November will be the 25% of voters who backed President Obama in 2008, say they will vote this fall - but don't plan to vote for a Democrat.

Other polling experts say describing voters as angry is "too broad."

Republicans are more enthusiastic about voting in the upcoming elections... probably because lots of them want to kick Democrats out of office.

We've also seen an unusual level of energy and excitement among the Tea Party branch of the GOP.

The midterm elections historically have low voter turnout, so any kind of passion is helpful... and this time around, it seems like the Republican party is getting ready to benefit from that passion.

Here’s my question to you: Is "angry" the best word to describe how you feel about the midterm elections?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Luke in Pittsburgh writes:
Jack, Angry? No. Curious is the word that strikes my fancy. I'm curious as to how many incumbents can survive the open season on their heads. Those who survive, whether Republican or Democrat, will certainly be admired for their tenacity.

Tom in Maine writes:
Jack, The motivated voters are the people losing their jobs, homes, and unemployment benefits. Do you think for a second they don't know Republicans killed their benefits? Voters see Republicans shedding tears for BP and not them. The Republican pollsters need ask not for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for them.

Dave in New Hampshire writes:
Jack, I would say disgusted or sickened are better adjectives to describe what I'm feeling. When a U.S. senator has served since the '50s and has to die to be replaced (they will replace him, right?) something is very wrong with the way we run this country!

Carol writes:
I'm not angry, I'm determined! Determined to keep the right-wing conservatives from derailing progress that has already started the economic turn-around.

Mark in Boston writes:
Jack, No, a better phrase would be apathetically nonchalant. What difference does it make anyway? In the final analysis, we'll have to tell our creditors we can't pay them.

Myles writes:
Angry? I would describe it as bliss. Why would I be angry about the opportunity to throw these idiots out of office?

Sarah in Denver writes:
Yep, "angry" works. I'm way past all those other emotions, the ones that imply I'm somehow still willing to cut Washington some slack. I'm fresh out of slack.

Filed under: Elections
  1. Janne from NC

I think most of us past angry a while back. No we are on to We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore!! Bring on the midterms!

June 28, 2010 at 2:08 pm |
  2. Eric

No, the best single word is "disgusted".

June 28, 2010 at 2:08 pm |
  3. Julio Compton

Hell Yes it describes the way I feel. This might not get on the air but were all pissed. Law suits to AZ for enacting federal law, almost $1,000,000,000 spent on the president coming to Columbus just 10 minutes, guys working construction were forced to take off, 6 month mortarium set in place just to lend 2 bllion to Brazil for them drill, and he forced the AG to let go the law suit towards the Black Panthers. Shame on you Mr. President

June 28, 2010 at 2:08 pm |
  4. Chaz, Boston, MA

No, Jack, I would say "cynical" is the best word to describe my attitude. I feel as if no matter who our leaders are, Democrat or Republican, liberal or conservative, America will continue to decline and lose power/influence to China.

June 28, 2010 at 2:09 pm |
  5. Ed from Port Aransas, TX

It may be anger, but It's a misplaced. To quote a very smart man, "The Republicans drove the national car into the swamp and now they're throwing mudballs at the tow-truck driver."

June 28, 2010 at 2:10 pm |
  6. southerncousin

I am boiling angry from being demeaned, degraded and dismissed by liberal politicians and being called names like neanderthal, racist and unpatriotic by the president and the democratic leadership. I am angry about my 401k having sunk so much due to the ineptness and corruption of democratic politicians. I am absolutely sick of being lied to by the administration and the congressional leadership. I am seeing my home land destroyed and my fellow southerners loose their jobs and homes becuase this president would not let foreign companies help lest he offend some union. Am I mad, you bet. Now watch some liberal snob out there call me more names and demean me. Go ahead make me madder.

June 28, 2010 at 2:19 pm |
  7. Rick McDaniel

No......."determined" is how I feel. Determined to see the Dems lose control of the Congress, so that they can no longer railroad through, legislation that is against the will of the people.

June 28, 2010 at 2:19 pm |
  8. altaloman

Learned long ago, Jack, than when you feel and say things in anger, your actions leave a scar that may not heal. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Voter anger is one thing. Personal anger is another. No, I am not angry, just motivated to vote. ~ Mike in Anaheim

June 28, 2010 at 2:20 pm |
  9. Mike in St. Paul

"Worried" is how I would describe it. There are thousands, if not millions, of people out there saying we should vote out all incumbents to teach them a lesson, as if the answer to all of this country's problems is to elect a bunch of people who have never been to D.C. This isn't "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington." There are going to be people voting for Joe the Plumber because he drives a truck and, golly gee gosh, so do they. Why not just hand the keys to the country to Big Tobacco and the insurance lobbiests and get it over with?

June 28, 2010 at 2:21 pm |
  10. Peter

I'm not angry, Jack. I'm scared. I'm scared of the people in government who think it's all about winning, not what's good for the people; not even themselves. If politicians were even only selfish, they'd be working together at least a little bit. There are too many good solutions to the many problems America faces. Politicians are beyond selfish, they are power crazed and dangerous.

June 28, 2010 at 2:21 pm |
  11. Russ in PA

Yes, I can't wait to vote for any Ron Paul-style libertarians that I can find. Won't be many, of course, but nothing else will do...

June 28, 2010 at 2:22 pm |
  12. Jayne

No. Depressed is more like it. I've come to the conclusion that it seldom matters who you elect to office because once there they become corrupted by power and money and do whatever is in their own best interests. If this wasn't the case we would have plenty of jobs in America, wouldn't still be begging for health care and would have a shred of confidence in the financial markets.

June 28, 2010 at 2:23 pm |
  13. Judie Wm's -- El Lago TX

Afternoon Jack......

I passed angry a while back and am now at the apathy stage. Sad, in that I could hardly wait until I was old enough to vote, and felt the elected officials had my interests, and those of the country at heart.
    Perhaps that was true 30-40 years ago, yet not so today.

"We stood at the turning point" ...

I just feel a sadness about the future of this country. We are not united in any sense of the word, and the wounds aren't healing.

The 4th is approaching, and celebrating is likend to lighting a wet firecracker....no spark !!

June 28, 2010 at 2:23 pm |
  14. naqibham

I think people are upset with congress... it's been a bad few years for sure.

This country had a fantasitc period of growth from 94 to 06..... 12 ourstanding years.... when the Dems got it back in 06... it all fell apart and has been down hill since... It's not the presidents... it's the law makers that have the most impact!

June 28, 2010 at 2:25 pm |
  15. chris

yep that would be the word best to describe i'm wondering how much more damage there can be done by theses wacko's in wachington

June 28, 2010 at 2:26 pm |
  16. Bert Oak View, CA

Yes I am angry. I was a life long Democrat until about fifteen to twenty years ago, when they decided to start giving racial favoritism to Latinos over everyone else. They also do a lot of talk about the environment, but continue to allow our country to become over-run overpopulated with illegals.

June 28, 2010 at 2:30 pm |
  17. Mike, Texas

Angry is a very kind word. It is more liked PO'ed.

I hope we vote all of the incumbents out of office. Democrat and Republican alike. Neither party deserve to have one of their incumbents return to office. That might send a clear message that both parties need to stop bickering and get on with the business of the people, but that is very unlikely to happen. Most likely the Republicans will regain control of the House and Senate so we can go through two more years of partisan bickering and foot dragging.

June 28, 2010 at 2:32 pm |
  18. Toni

Yes because I can't say the other words on the air!

South Carolina

June 28, 2010 at 2:36 pm |
  19. Kevin in Dallas

I'm not angry. I'm just aware of how things work. Democrats talk a good game, but never follow through. Republicans get carried away, and always follow through. We need to put the Democrats in office just long enough to keep the Republicans this side of crazy, and then put the Republicans back in office when things need to get done.

June 28, 2010 at 2:37 pm |
  20. bob z fr ,pa.

here are some words that make me angry . health care bill ,spending and amnestyand i was a dem and voted for obama

June 28, 2010 at 2:38 pm |
  21. Floyd Burgess

I'm not angry, I'm extremely disappointed. All our government represents big business, illegal aliens, gays, and tea party conservatives, etc. They forget the middle class.

June 28, 2010 at 2:38 pm |
  22. Jack in Virginia

Angry about the elections? No, I'm not angry about them – I'm happy about them. After two years of incompetence in the White House and the Congress, we at least get a chance to fix one of them and send a message to the other.

June 28, 2010 at 2:39 pm |
  23. John from Alabama

Jack: I am concerned that those who did not cause the problem will be put out of office. The Bush Administration deserves the bulk of the blame for this mess, but President Obama will get the blame. I hope he is re-elected in 2012. I am tired of the 1928 mentality of "what's good for business is good for the government" Remember, what happened in October of 1929 with this type of mind set.

June 28, 2010 at 2:48 pm |
  24. CRAIG R. MCNEES

tampa, fl i passed angry a long time ago, i am trying to get every one i know to get off their butts and vote this time and to vote every incumbent out. since our internet, phones, etc. are now monitored by big brother (as our constitution isn't worth the paper it is printed on) we really can't say just how angry we legal, taxpaying voters are and just exactly what we would like to see happen to our current leaders. remember the good old day of tar & feathering & being run out of town on a rail?

June 28, 2010 at 2:51 pm |
  25. Michael, Alexandria, VA

Not at all. The only thing that could make me angry would be kicking the tax increase on rich down the road until later. As long as the Bush Tax cuts on the wealthy expire as scheduled on December 31, I am one happy camper as far as this President is concerned, Jack.

June 28, 2010 at 2:51 pm |
  26. Mark, Oklahoma City

No, Jack....but, the phrase, "I told you so" does comes to mind.

June 28, 2010 at 2:53 pm |
  27. Leslie

No, I would say overly concerned is what best describes what I think about the mid terms. It would be nice and some may call it journalism if the 24 hr. news organizations would actually provide the public with some actual information about the candidates and not the flyer crap the candidates want them to run. That's why they pay for commercials. I mean really, the media is supposed to be independent of the political campaigns but, in recent years it seems that they are in the same camps. Democrats only go on CNN and its affiliates, Republicans only go on Fox and its affiliates. On both sides the questions are never challenging and the candidate is never pressed for an answer. How are we supposed to turn this thing around as voters if the news media gives crap for information to the public about the candidates, then calls them a bunch of nuts when they are elected to gain ratings? I think that if we are to fix our broken country we must have real viable information on the candidates. That starts with the news reporters, reporting the news about the candidates good and bad and not the highlights from the flyers.

June 28, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
  28. James ATL

Jack, how about (could care less) what these folks do.

June 28, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
  29. Jack, Niceville

"Angry" doesn't quite describe how I feel. How about irate, furious, incensed, livid, enraged........ (Get the idea?)

June 28, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
  30. david (seattle)

more like hopeless 2 party monopoly gurantees that the will of the people will be squashed by democrats and republicans conspiring with federal judges to keep out really good 3rd party candidates like ralph nader...our democracy is full of hippocracy.

June 28, 2010 at 3:03 pm |
  31. Kim in Mpls, MN

Yes Jack I am angered by this process by which we vote and then they listen, however it's not us who elected them that they are listening too. Corporate America owns our politicians and that is who they are beholden too, yes that makes me sad.

Jack you have seen this, haven't you?
    "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States ."

And passing this would make me happy.

June 28, 2010 at 3:08 pm |
  32. Michele Braun

You Bet ! Look around the people we put our trust & vote in
    just made a killing at our expense or worse just thought we where stupid & woulden't get it.. Done if they are in they are out with my vote.

June 28, 2010 at 3:11 pm |
  33. Bizz Quarryville, Pennsylvania

Jack I use to get mad and upset with the way our gov't was being run. I'm an old man now and come to realize that it really does not matter which party gets elected. They will do as they are told by the lobbyist and special interest groups that buy them off. I hope someday that that will change and the future of my children and grandchildren will become brighter. But they are the ones who will have to change it and right now that is a hard thing to do. With what happened in the last election and Sarah Palin having a chance of being one heartbeat away from the presidency along with everything else that happened, turned my madness into just feeling numb and scared.

June 28, 2010 at 3:12 pm |
  34. Heather from Indiana

No Jack. I am hopeful that more Domocrats will get elected so that the country can move forward on fixing the mess that the previous administraiton left us. I horpe there are less republicans elected because they want more of the same of the Bush administration. Which, I can assure that NO ONE wants that again! If you vote republican in November, that is exaclty what you will get, more of what had been going on in the Bush administration.

June 28, 2010 at 3:13 pm |
  35. JENNA

Is "angry" the best word to describe how you feel about the midterm elections?

Yes I am amgry, but not for the reasons that you think.

I am angry at the GOP for standing in the way of getting anything done. Not because they disagree, but only because they want to see this president fail.

Do they think that when they "win" control that the Democrats will let them get away with that? I see Democratic Filibusters in their future.

This payback will continue to hurt the American people but who cares, they are all in it for them and not us!

I am working to get every Republican out and every Democrat or Independent that votes with Republicans out so that we can get Democrats in to be filibuster proof to get America's work done!

Jenna
    Roseville CA

June 28, 2010 at 3:14 pm |
  36. Cy Gardner

HELL YEAH!!! I voted for Obama to FIGHT FOR ME against the insurance, bank, oil, pharmaceutical companies who are stealing from consumers. Instead, I got a wimp who wants to compromise with all the greedy rich. The GOP packed the courts with corporate lobbyists who sincerely believe it was the vision of the founding fathers that the rich should get everything and individuals have no rights at all. No matter how much energy and money goes into democracy, the will of the people means nothing next to the wants and needs of the greediest people in the world. cy from arlington, va

June 28, 2010 at 3:14 pm |
  37. Tom in Desoto, Tx

I don't know if there is a word for how I perceive the situation. Many of those in Congress voted in lock step with everything Bush put forth, we're now living with the results. Now, the same people who joined Bush in creating the economic conditions now say they are our "saviors". It's interesting, and appalling, how people forget in such a short time.

June 28, 2010 at 3:15 pm |
  38. Johnny l Hatfield

Yes jack it seems midterm elections are always set and we always know the outcome.

June 28, 2010 at 3:16 pm |
  39. Allen in Hartwell GA

ANGRY? Why in the world would anyone be angry at this point? I'm still angry about the 2000 presidential election, but the November elections are a reason for hoping for things will get better. If we can get more stiff-necked Conserrrr-vatives out of Congress and more moderates in, we might have a workable government. Then we only have to get them to listen to us.
    Allen
    Hartwell GA

June 28, 2010 at 3:16 pm |
  40. Larry from Georgetown, Tx

Nope, not angry just convinced that we will not vote for any person holding a local, state or federal position today. WE THE PEOPLE need to fire all of the people in the House and the 1/3 in the Senate this year, then in 2 years fire all of them again.

June 28, 2010 at 3:20 pm |
  41. Richard35

Jack, it's more like frustration and helplessness over not being able to influence politicians by my vote.The Republicans are just being paid to say No and the Democrats are lacking in backbone at times in standing up to them. Both parties are influenced by Lobbyists who have their own agenda's.We are a Plutocracy not a Democracy any more!

June 28, 2010 at 3:20 pm |
  42. Gail, Plano TX

The only thing that makes me angry when I think about the mid-term elections is that some citizens will vote Republican! After all we have endured, they will blindly vote for members of the party of no! Ditto, the blue dog democrats like Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas, who are worthless.

June 28, 2010 at 3:25 pm |
  43. Cy Gardner

You corporate hacks in the media seem stunned that Alvin Greene could win a primary, even in South Carolina. Fact is, I would vote for an aardvark, a cartoon character or a ham sandwich before I'd vote for 95% of the prostitutes on Capitol Hill. Angry? Anger and hatred are the only sane reactions to the destruction of democracy being carried out by the wealthy. cy from arlington, va

June 28, 2010 at 3:29 pm |
  44. Kevin of SD CA

Insanity is more the word! Only a very small fraction of eligible voters are even registered to vote. The people that do vote are mostly Government Unions workers and employs of Government wanting to protect their pensions and benefits.
    The silent majority still hasn’t woken up enough to vote! As a small business owner and self-made individual all my life I have been forced to confront the issues because all I see is the welfare state continuing to pass laws at all levels including local level in order to destroy individual property and privacy while our government refuses to uphold the laws that used to protect us from socialism and monopolies.
    I am begging those of you in the silent majority to get up off your couches put down the alcohol and marijuana and get your minds awake enough to find out what is happening and go do something about reversing the trend of the last 50 years!

June 28, 2010 at 3:30 pm |
  45. Michael "C" Lorton, Virginia

Jack: The best answer to answer to anger is silence.

June 28, 2010 at 3:30 pm |
  46. Marlene

No, Jack, that's just more media spin. If the polls say people are angry, that is the way the question was asked – angry #1 or happy #2. Not much choice, like worried, concerned, hopeful, careful, cautious, steadfast, tc. There are a lot of descriptive words, if a person has a chance to use one. Try being more positive, Jack and you'll feel better. Marlene in Mich

June 28, 2010 at 3:33 pm |
  47. Cliff Glass - Rego Park, New York

Jack,

Anger leads to stupidity, as in Sharon Angle's comment that the public would bring down an out-of-control Congress with Second Amendment remedies.
    What every voter needs is a firm resolve to revert public service back to what the Founding Father's intended: temporary, selfless, and putting the "us" back in the United States
    Term limits ( 12 years and out) , public financing of campaigns, and mandatory weekly televised debates 2 months prior to elections would be a good start.

June 28, 2010 at 3:33 pm |
  48. Paul Austin, Texas

Yes Jack. Angry because it seems that in our country no matter who is voted in nothing really changes. They get to Washington and get cloned and turn into the same old representatives we have had since forever. Maybe if we do not continue to give them our vote and replace them with the other candidate no matter of who something will change some day. We can only hope and stop putting them back in.

June 28, 2010 at 3:35 pm |
  49. paul

Because the media doesn't remind the public of the fact that senator asking the questions is opposed to civil rights for all Americans.

June 28, 2010 at 3:35 pm |
  50. paul

How can a senator opposed to civil rights for all Americans question a potential supreme court judge?

June 28, 2010 at 3:38 pm |
  51. Kim in Tustin, California

While I'm disappointed with the Democrats, they're the lesser of two evils.

I can't see myself voting for the Party of No, the party that drove our economy into the ditch in the first place and is fighting every attempt to fix it.

Their only ideas are cutting taxes on rich people and corporations, and cutting all regulations on corporations, which is what got us into this mess in the first place.

June 28, 2010 at 3:39 pm |
  52. Gary H. Boyd

No, not angry Jack. How could anybody be angry at the opportunity to conduct a good house cleaning. I'd say "delighted" would be the word I'd use while "petrofied" probably describes the view of most incumbents.

Gary in Arizona

June 28, 2010 at 3:39 pm |
  53. Larry,Springfield,Ohio

Jack,I think relieved is more like it,finally a chance to oust a bunch of morons,and replace them a new batch of morons!

June 28, 2010 at 3:40 pm |
  54. calvin

no i have said for 20 years we need to remove all person elected and replace them both democrat and replubic.

June 28, 2010 at 3:41 pm |
  55. paul

Whats is moderate about a senator who opposes civil rights for all americans to question a potential supreme court justice?

June 28, 2010 at 3:42 pm |
  56. Steve, Clifton, VA

Cyclical works better for me.... We vote the Republicans in and the Dems out, then we turn around and vote the Republicans out and the Dems in and for some strange reason we feel compelled to bundle by party affiliation as opposed to which individuals should be re-elected because they truly represent the best national interest of our great country and does so in a statesman like fashion.

June 28, 2010 at 3:46 pm |
  57. paul

In order to get the right answers, you have to ask the right questions. How can you comment justice and not omit civil rights?

June 28, 2010 at 3:47 pm |
  58. Luis Montero

I don't even feel like a citizen of this country, even though I was born here. There seems to be no progress being made on the bp oil spill. The BMW Hydrogen car exists, the hydrogen plane exists. Immigration is pitiful. Why is it that I can't find a job, huh? Smoking weed doesn't make you stupid. It should be legalized and taxed, like in California. We need to deport every illegal person in this country. The economy, the dollar, education, infrastructure, it all going to shit. We need to amend the constitution. I'm not voting for nobody till I can run. How about young people against old people. That will get things done.

June 28, 2010 at 3:49 pm |
  59. chris brown fl

what mid term elections? to get angry is to imply that things might change they will not because people will not make them change i think there should be a breach of contract clause that could fire them tomorrow not 2or4 years from now when their pockets are fat

June 28, 2010 at 3:50 pm |
  60. Lene',IL

I'd have to say I feel numb..

June 28, 2010 at 3:50 pm |
  61. paul

What do you have against facts?You don't want coments, you want to entertain.

June 28, 2010 at 3:52 pm |
  62. Adam Simi Valley, CA

Angry is not the right word. Fed-up. Disgusted. Out-of-patience. The people in Washington need to get the moving trucks lined up because I think there will be a serious house-cleaning. At least, I hope so. I think people are finally at their end. They see a government run amok. We have been told by these bozos, that we need to "pass the stimulus now or the world will come to an end.", and we were told by the Vice Pres that we need to spend our way out of the recession. Not focus on making sound financial decisions. Not curtial our out of control spending ways, but the government will spend like crazy for us, to save us. How's that working out. unless you want to work for the government taking census, there are no new jobs for you. Their repsonse..."we didn't spend enough". Lunacy. Then we have a house speaker telling us we have to "pass the healthcare bill right now because it is a crisis and you will have to wait and see what is in it". it doesn't kick in for 4 years, and people are still discovering all the horrible ramifications. They are out of touch and out of their minds, and hopefully out of jobs, very soon.

June 28, 2010 at 3:53 pm |
  63. elizabeth

More like "desperate." We need things fixed yesterday. Woe is us–who's REALLY gonna help?

June 28, 2010 at 3:54 pm |
  64. Jesse Vancouver Canada

Hi Jack,

No one really cares, people are more worried about keeping their job, finding a job or putting food on the table.

Unless major changes happen in the way government works Washington will not change and the people will get the short end of it.

Heck look what Washington did to Obama... gave him a bankrupt country with two wars and tied his hands so he can't do anything or very little.

Jesse
    Vancouver Canada

June 28, 2010 at 3:55 pm |
  65. Donna Wisconsin

I'm frustrated and mostly at folks who are ready to jump to a Republican or Tea Partier while forgetting that the Dems & Obama didn't start this problem. I'm going to keep the faith tho, because mid-terms always favor the opposite party in power and after folks see what they get from their vote, they will come back to the Dems in two years. Folks say they want less partisianship but Tea Partiers are extreme right wing and vow to never compromise. That is Partisianship bigtime! So absolutely nothing will get done for two years. Then folks will re-think their game plan. Obama is a good Pres–just is a thinker, a fact collector, not a cowboy!

June 28, 2010 at 3:58 pm |
  66. Doug - Dallas

I think disgusted would be a better description. Disgusted with Congress who care more about sound bites and party politics than the average American they're supposed to represent. Disgusted with all of the "projects" they can find to spend money on while ignoring the true needs of the country; you know, the ones that will really make a difference like our infrastructure, unemployed and lack of decent affordable medical care to name a few. Disgusted with the misrepresentations and outright lies and the total lack of concern about what's right unless, of course, the lobby's and their contributions count!!!!!!

June 28, 2010 at 4:01 pm |
  67. Ray in Nashville

Angry, Jack? You bet. Angry at the democrats who've screwed up this chance to undo 30 years of republican economic disaster; at the republicans, whose economic practices (not to mention outragious spending) have brought this present recession on; at the tea partiers, whose form of patriotism scares this southern born and bred history buff (reminds me of what I've read of early Naxi Germany.) Unfortunately, that seems to leave "None of the Above" as the only choice come November.

June 28, 2010 at 4:03 pm |
  68. joe m

no. try frustrated, disillusioned, sick and tired, and motivated for real change, but not angry. the problem with acting out of anger is that when you calm down you may end up realizing that you acted without thinking and just made things worse. voters approaching the mid-terms are considering their options better today than before. maybe it's because they see that things haven't really changed, or they've learned from recent history that acting on passions alone can produce unwanted results. it isn't anger that is motivating voters, but the hope that real change is still and actually possible.

Hillsborough, NC

June 28, 2010 at 4:03 pm |
  69. Joanne

Angry is not the correct terminology, however "determined " is – we need to get rid of rubber stamp congressmen/women, and those who have served for more than two terms (all of those career clowns should be gone). We read the healthcare bill but they did not – made us sick to see what America could beome under this regime upon studying the piece of junk they called an American Bill.
    Joanne
    Mn

June 28, 2010 at 4:05 pm |
  70. RichP, easton, pa

It is a shame they are not ALL up for re-election but I guess somebody has to allocate offices to the incoming newly elected. I'm not mad, I'm more disappointed, disappointed that none of them can be prosecuted for what they have done for the last 16 years.

June 28, 2010 at 4:06 pm |
  71. Jerry Driskell

More like "salivating".
    I can smell the blood in the water.
    JerryinGA

June 28, 2010 at 4:07 pm |
  72. Jerry Johns Creek, GA

John, it is not anger that I feel, it is a sense of great loss. The Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Tea Party goers all have it wrong. We are in the process of laying to rest what was once the greatest country the world has ever known. In the midst of losing our Christian values (or having them taken away by the third pillar of government) we have lost our sense of direction. our knowledge of what is right or wrong, our belief that our government whether it be on the right or the left will in the end do what is morally correct. We are now a country that only believes in following the money. Now the money for a vast majority of our citizens is gone thanks to the actions of Government and Wall Street. Our values are gone, God Bless America and may she rest in peace.

June 28, 2010 at 4:09 pm |
  73. Greg in Cabot, AR

I have moved well past anger and onto disgusted.

There is little commen sense among voters.

They want term limits for everyone...except...thier elected official.

They want spending cuts...except...their favorite programs.

They want tax cuts....except...everyone that mokes more (or less)money than themselves.

They want less government.....unless....it is oversite on protecting thier interests.

Everyone seems to want something but are unwilling to pay for it and going back to the way things have been done in the past won't work anymore.

The days of the "free lunches" are over, time to pay the tab and move on.

June 28, 2010 at 4:11 pm |
  74. David Scott Doherty

Jack I would say, disgusted or sickened are better adjectives to describe what I'm feeling. When a US senator has servered since the 50's, and has to die to be replaced (they will replace him right?) something is very wrong with the way we run this country!
    Dave from NH.

June 28, 2010 at 4:12 pm |
  75. Rob in Brooklyn

well with all the lying , how about every election.

June 28, 2010 at 4:13 pm |
  76. Judy

Angry doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about ALL politicians!
    I am incensed and so irate that I will not vote in the midterm elections.
    Casting a ballot in this country has become nothing more than an exercise in futility and a waste of time since the biggest liar always wins an election.
    Nothing will EVER change unless and until people of integrity, honesty and character run for public office. Today's candidates possess none of these traits. Hell, they don't even know the definitions of those three simple words!

June 28, 2010 at 4:14 pm |
  77. Antoinette Van Meter

I'm not angry, I'm just sad and disappointed that the American people have such a short memory. They are willing to vote for people that is endorsed by Sarah Palin. To me that is a very scary. It's unbelieveable to me that the American people don't think on their own without being influence by the Republic Party or Fox News. The midterm elections is coming up and I can bet you that the American people will elect Republicans. They have forgotten what happen to us in the last eight years with the Republican President. American People need to give this president time to get things done.

June 28, 2010 at 4:16 pm |
  78. Judy - California

I hope to hell all those "angry" voters remember just who got us into the mess we're in now.

June 28, 2010 at 4:20 pm |
  79. Carl

Jack,
    Yes i'am angry. Our government is out of control. I didn't know Robert Byrd, the problem I have with him is the amount of time he was in office. At his age, the only one he was serving is himself and his family, drawing a huge pay check right to the end. We nedd term limits On everyone in office, including our Supreme court judges. Once in office these leeches draw a life time huge check and benefits at tax payers cost. The mistrust I feel about all our politicians is this, do 2 terms, the first in office and the second in prison, one is just about as bad as the other, we are doomed.

June 28, 2010 at 4:21 pm |
  80. Mysterious, Chicago

Tired. I am tired of the minority party stopping America from moving forward, since, it was their fault we are in this predicament. I am tired of : "death panels,: "he's not an American citizen," "we want our country back," etc. I am tired of the fighting, and the "get Obama out office." Democrats won the previous election, fair and square, yet the opposition party just accept that reality.

June 28, 2010 at 4:23 pm |
  81. Ben from Boston

Jack,

The word is eager rather than anger. My elected federal officlals (other than Senator Brown who was elected this year) have been in office for decades and routinely ignore my email, letters, and voice messages - sending me form letters stating their position and ignoring what I want. I am eager for change. I want new people to ignore me and maybe, just maybe, one of them might actually listen and respond.

June 28, 2010 at 4:29 pm |
  82. Terry from Iowa

Angry is one adjective. My anger is at those who have made no attempt to finding bipartisan solutions, but have simply played politics. My anger is at those who spin everything for their own benefit, while there are good people trying to solve some very big problems. My anger is the ignorant, unbalanced, loud mouths who believe their freedom of speech (and religion) is more important than mine or my representatives. My anger is at those who claim to be patriots and defenders of the constitution, but in their cry of “take my country back” from a duly elected President, contradicts their very notion.

June 28, 2010 at 4:29 pm |
  83. Lori - PA

Jack,

For me, fed up best describes how I feel. Fed up with Democrats. Fed up with Republicans. Both parties so desperately want their own way that they've forgotten they are supposed to represent what their constituents want. I hope those we elect in November remember that.

June 28, 2010 at 4:30 pm |
  84. Luke in Pittsburgh, PA

Jack,
    Angry? No.
    Curious is the word that strikes my fancy. Im curious as to how many incumbents can survive the open season on their heads. Those who survive...whether Republican or Democrat...will certainly be admired for their tenacity.

-Luke in PA

June 28, 2010 at 4:31 pm |
  85. Arlene, Illinois

I guess I'm angry for a different reason as when are we going
    to have term limits and then there wouldn't be any anger.
    I would always vote out anyone who always votes NO on every
    issue.Anyone know who I'm talking about?
    A senator just passed away today and for one moment do you
    really had all his wits about him the last few years making
    judgement call that effect us all for a long time.

June 28, 2010 at 4:31 pm |
  86. BJ

I think "angry" is a word one might use. Better is fed up - with politicians who are in office for one reason only and that is to make money. It is frightening how few do not pad their income with special interest money. You know I would love to vote only for those who take no special interest money, but then I would not vote at all it seems. Polls indicate the public does not trust politician - I can certainly see why. Our elected officials don't seem to represent us; they represent themselves and their own wallets (pocketbooks). The midterm elections are more of the same - the Republicans hating the Democrats; the Democrats hating the Republicans and none of them care about the public whom they serve. Midterm elections will just be more mud-slinging, partisan politics with no real talk of what any of the candidates really intend to do if elected.
    Columbus, GA

June 28, 2010 at 4:35 pm |
  87. jim in NC

Jack, I moved past angry some months ago. I am "numb" now. I think "dumb" comes next. My vote in the midterms will be against those who think we can spend our way out of debt.

June 28, 2010 at 4:37 pm |
  88. Alex in Gig Harbor, WA

Much of the anger is media generated. The anger generated on the right wants President Obama to fail. Why do they want America to fail? I am happy with my current office holders and judging by few incumbents losing in the primaries, the fall of the incumbents is another media generated narrative. The nattering class needs to shut up and let the American people decide.

June 28, 2010 at 4:43 pm |
  89. Kenneth in the High Desert town of Pinon Hills, California

No just sad Jack, watching a country self destruct so quickly. Are Americas's voters so forgetful who got us into this mess. The Republican party is getting ready to benefit, seems a stretch. I did we get so dumb so quickly. Is there a Palin virus that has affected our brains negating our memory?

June 28, 2010 at 4:47 pm |
  90. ken, NJ

I am not angry about the politicians but rather the people who continue to believe them and vote for them. Both and dems and pubs don't care about the middle class. After three years of democratic control in congress we have more war funding, more corporate welfare, more illegal aliens, more unemployment, more money for wealthy doctors, and more tax breaks for banksters and hedge fund managers. All incumbents must go or the middle class is finished.

June 28, 2010 at 4:48 pm |
  91. Simon/Orlando

I would say disgusted would be a better word. I've never seen a more arrogant, self agrandizing group of self important blow hards in my life. We really do need term limits on these idiots.

June 28, 2010 at 4:53 pm |
  92. riley oday

Im not angry. Im very sad. The next bunch to be elected will not do any

better at helping our country. We have many problems no solutions.

June 28, 2010 at 4:54 pm |
  93. Krishna

Dear Jack,
    Yes, I am angry. Not at any particular individual in the congress, executive or judiciary. But angry at the way these people are doing their job. While the country is going to dogs, these people are busy blaming each other to win the election. No body in the government cares about the country any more. That makes me mad. I don't mind the candidates running for elections extolling the philosophy of their party- Tea Party, Democratic Party or the Republican Party. But why they have to be negative about the other parties and why so much venom in their speeches? I do not feel that they are aware of what is happening to the country. I do not speak for all the "American People", of course.
    KK,
    LCF, CA

June 28, 2010 at 4:59 pm |
  94. Bill in PA

Jack,

No Jack not angry, just very very sad.

All elected officials must raise huge amount of cash. The rich have the cash and have control of the elections.

The rush to feed the anger frenzy is a way to keep ourselves from facing the fact that until we have public financing ONLY of campaigns noting will change.

June 28, 2010 at 5:00 pm |
  95. Jim in Alabama

I'm the most angry about our elected officials ignoring the voice and will of the American people in lieu of money put in their pockets by giant corporations and lobbyists. This makes me mad as Hell. These elected officials have ignored the fact that Americans want the borders closed and immigration laws enforced. Moreover, they've ignored Americans desire for immigration reform. Secondly, the elected officials have ignored the average Americans desire for withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan and the desire of Americans for a public option in the insurance reform bill. If that isn't enough to get those sitting senators fired, then what about the watered down version of Wall Street reform in which they sided with Wall Street over those who sent them to Washington to represent them and their views. Somebody needs to remind these jerks that this is not a lifetime job nor is it one which was created to they could line their pockets. There, I said it.

June 28, 2010 at 5:07 pm |
  96. Ed from California

No. My reps in Congress are really good. Rep. George Miller and Senators Feinstein and Boxer all do a great job. You write to them, and they write back. And that goes for the President. Most of my complaints I have to deal w/ ending NAFTA, outsourcing of jobs and getting regulations back in place to protect all of us from corporate America, and other topics. I've never missed an election. It's a pain to write, but, they are our hired help. They all need that vote of confidence or a swift kick. You have to write your D.C, Representatives and that goes for your state and locals as well. Think for yourself, and vote!

June 28, 2010 at 5:12 pm |
  97. Remo, from beautiful downtown Pflugerville Texas

Jack, "angry" I would say is mild in describing it. My 80 year old mother to be honest I would describe as "pissed". She already knows who is, in her words, going to get it. I'm quite sure that she'll be at the polls early and she'll have all of her buddies with her. So yes, in no uncertain terms to put it mildly, angry is the introductory phrase to use.

June 28, 2010 at 5:12 pm |
  98. andyz

Nope, angry is not the best word. I believe befuddled, confused, disgusted, more accurately state my mood. Has anyone else realized that the 'two party system' is on its last legs and about to fail? Is the ability to compromise, the ability to see the oppositions point of view a thing of the past, has civility left our political process? It seems to be more important to be able to posture in front of TV camera's, extolling mindless drivel instead of examining the crux of political issues. Remember America, your vote can throw the bums out!

June 28, 2010 at 5:12 pm |
  99. Lyn

Not mad at the mid term elections, but at the Media for telling us how to vote and spreading lies as fast as the Republicans can make them up.
    I am also mad for Media touting Palin, when she isn't fit to run a turkey slaughter, let alone our great country. Would you be proud to have her as our leader, when she can't even speak in full sentences or stay on one subject?
    We also hear what Beaner says about the Democrats all of the time. Who cares what he says, he could care less about us. He needs to go put somemore mousse on his hair and lay in the tanning beds.

June 28, 2010 at 5:15 pm |
  100. Kyle Irvine, CA

I am Angry with Congress and anxious for November to get here. Congress isn't do anything and now that the summer recess has arrived, none of our problems are going to addressed. Looks like the rest of this year is shot and we're going to have to wait for a new Congress in January.

June 28, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  101. Melissa

No, the best word would be "afraid" since so many people seem to support allowing the Republicans who destroyed the country, bankrupted the nation, caused two wars, and made the world hate the country, back into power.

June 28, 2010 at 5:20 pm |
  102. David Alexandria, VA

Angry–and profoundly disappointed. Congress seems to be living in some sort of video game where the people don;t matter as much as the ideology. Every time I turn around, there is some massive bill which barely garnbers the support of the majority party, and is going to cost us huge amounts of money we don't have. This is also being led by a collegiate intellectual with almost no leadership experience. Someone needs to be reasonable here. The incumbents arenot reasonable.

June 28, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  103. katiec Pekin, IL

Well, I do get angry everytime I see the republicans trying to create further destruction for our country. I get disgusted, upset with their goals of destroy our president, win at any cost and undying support for Wall st.
    I am disappointed that a political party has stooped to the level they have making our political system ineffective, irresponsible.
    And, last but not least I get nauseous with the media and their biased reporting, hiding behind their slogans of trust, etc while pushing their own preferences.

June 28, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  104. Meg from Troy

Jack–
    Angry is too narrow a word. I am angry, but it is mixed with frustration and fear. Our elected officials are not doing their jobs–Congress on a national level, and the state representatives here in Ohio. They are more concerned with politics, saving their own hides, and padding their own nests. Right now, I don't plan on voting for an incumbent of any party for any office. New, inexperienced representatives are better than the experienced, but jaded, selfish, and totally political and uncaring men and women now holding office. It's time for a new start.

June 28, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  105. Johnny C (Los Angeles)

Hi Jack –

You have it all wrong ... I am not angry at all ... in fact, I am more elated than not.

Obama promised us Change that we could believe in ... and by gosh, I think he was right. The unraveling of the "incumbent" government goes to show that change is happening and we definitely needed to see a change over the last 40 years.

This may not be the look of the change that Obama desired, however, through his executive guidance and strategic direction, he has promoted this change more than anyone. I am a proud American who believes that government has a key role ... I do not like it presently, but every change to the participants representing us makes my smile beam brighter and brighter and brings me new hope.

June 28, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  106. James Durbin

Jack, Angry? No. Determined to change this Congress. Yes! Jim in ST Louis MO.

June 28, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  107. Robert

I am passionate. Anger is on the left. See G20. Tea party does not come close to anger compared to the left. I remember the riots on the streets and on campuses in the 60's and 70's. Those weren't conservatives burning down cities nor are they destroying property in Canada. No I am passionate and I will do my part to return the country to fiscal and moral responsibility.

June 28, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  108. Chris A.

Jack,

Angry doesn't say much, disgusted is more like it.

Chris from CA

June 28, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  109. Cousin Vinny Connecticut

I am very angry and can't wait for the November elections! I'm angry that Obama, his administration and the Democrat controlled Congress have basically pushed our nation towards bankruptcy. I'm angry that Obama has basically done nothing about the BP oil spill by not suspending the Jones Act to let other nations help us, won't give the governors the help they need to clean up the oil like the building of the right number of berms, not getting the equipment down to the Gulf where it is needed, and playing golf, basketball, and singing with McCartney.

I'm angry that some people still blindly support Obama and don't realize what a fraud and incompetent 'leader' he is. What a huge MISTAKE was made in Nov. '08

June 28, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  110. Mike, St. Louis

I'm angry that the congress is going to be filled with a bunch of manipulators who are feeding off of the rage of know-nothing fringers who don't know the first thing about the implications of their policy positions. I'm afraid that the conservative backlash will be the two steps backward to Obama's one step forward.

June 28, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  111. barbara in NC

I'm excited !!

For the first time in my life my voting ticket will be simple. No more this one red, that one blue, etc.

I'm voting straight BLUE this year. No more party of No. No more hate and fear and lies.

June 28, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  112. Rick in Colorado

I don't know if angry is the right word. I am disappointed in the direction that politics are headed in this country. I am disappointed with all levels of government. I am disappointed with all of the news coming out of Washington, and out of my state capitol, and my county seat, and my city hall. So, disappointed might be the better word.

June 28, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  113. Greg, Hamilton Ontario

No, angry doesn't describe it. Hillarious is a much better word. I watch the situation room everyday and it amazes me how little Americans actually know about what is going on. Even with dedicated media like CNN trying to lay out solid facts they prefer to listen and take to heart the likes of Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin. You tell President Obama to save the car industry, save the banking industry and protect you from Wall street but expect him to do it instantly, without spending money and without raising taxes. Like I said hillarious!!

June 28, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  114. sharon surrette

Jack:

O'Bama inherited a complete mess left by Bush. Obama has made a terrible mistake by catering to Republicans and hiring lobbyists in his cabinet. I am very worried about the S.Ct. decision allowing corporations to spend as much money as they want on electing congress. Why is there no discussion on TV about the ramifications this will have on our democracy? Do we even have a democracy? Have the corporations already taken over the Courts and Congress? Why no analysis of this decision? I think the S.Ct justices should be impeached.

June 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  115. Bob in NC

Hopeful – hopeful that this ill conceived experiment in transforming America will come to a screeching halt with a return of common sense – replacing the uncommon nonsense.

June 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  116. Dee in Woodstock GA

No, I do not feel angry as much as i feel hopeless.

And you mention part of what makes me feel that way. ALREADY the folks who want the gravy jobs in DC are running. That means two things.

First, those already in office are NOT doing any work related to what they were elected to do, they are campaigning. And second, those who WANT the jobs are also running, which means they are not doing whatever job they currently hold!

And while all those "leaders" are running for office and not doing anything productive, our country is running amok!

I see no way out. I see no changes whatever in our government, and I see no changes whatever in the how our country is going.

Am I angry? Maybe a little. But I am more sad that America seems to be going like a train wreck, uncontrollable. and the election process is part of that.

June 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  117. Kevin L

More like disappointment…you have to lie to get people to believe you, if you do speak the truth on solutions; you’re being insensitive towards someone. Considering that being a conservative and a democrat; my needs are not being met by current officials. The new crop have been schooled in “old politics”, meaning the same old thing. Not angry…disappointed in what’s available.

June 28, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  118. Viv from NY

No angry does not describe me . It would be really stupid to just vote all the incumbents out- then you might as well vote with a blind fold on.
    Easy to blame everyone in Washington but it is not smart. One thing for sure is the Tea Party movement is full of misinformation and denial. They will NOT get my vote! I'll look at each candidate one by one and decide who stays and who goes.

June 28, 2010 at 5:40 pm |
  119. JD Chang

Mid Term election is the time to vote out all the elected members of Congree that are stalling progress and driving the US into a deeper recession. Voting the wrong way aggravates the problems.

JD

June 28, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  120. Nicholas from NY

Angry? This still-unemployed young Democrat feels lethargic. I felt angry 24 months ago. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

June 28, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  121. Lance, Ridgecrest, Ca

Jack, yes, angry is most of it, however, there is also, disgusted, disillusioned, disheartened, discouraged, and disenfranchised. Congress is responsible for these feelings, and I can only hope that enough of my fellow countrymen feel the same way to send the message all the way to D.C. That seems to be the only way they'll listen instead of deciding they know better than we do what is good for us!!!

June 28, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  122. richard a. winkler

Angry and frustrated. I don't like any candidates anymore.

June 28, 2010 at 5:49 pm |
  123. Mark from Voorhees, NJ

Apprehensive, Jack. We don't need more tax breaks for the already wealthy, de-regulating everything, or electing Palin endorsees to office.
    I hope that we Americans are smarter than to be taken in by the loud, unrelenting vitriol and lies of the Republican party and their Tea party lackeys.

But I am disappointed in Obama, too, but I've been disappointed since he didn't pull out arrest warrants for Bush and Cheney at the Inauguration. Now that would have been change I could believe in.

June 28, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  124. Dan

Jack,

I'm not angry, I'm sad. It makes me sad to see so much partisan bickering and so little governing. Instead of trying to score points and look good to their base, when will our legislators get back to the business of running our country? They need to learn to compromise so that good things can be accomplished instead of only trying to make the other party look bad.

Dan
    Tehachapi, CA

June 28, 2010 at 5:58 pm |
  125. Tom, Avon, Me, The Heart of Democracy

Jack, the motivated voters are the people losing their jobs, homes, and unemployment benefits. Do you think for a second they don't know Republicans killed their benefits?

June 28, 2010 at 5:59 pm |
  126. Tim in Texas

No, and I don't place a whole lot of stock in the 'enthusiastic' label either. As a Democrat, I was very, very enthusiastic last election. Heck, I'd been waiting for years to get GW out of office, and would have crawled over glass to keep Palin out. In addition, I saw in Obama, and still do, the potential for greatness. Add to all that the opportunity to place a historic vote for the first African American president, and heck yeah I was enthusiastic. So when I was polled, I said I was 'somewhat' enthusiastic this year. But bet your bottom dollar, I'll be at the voting booth in November. No tea party whackos for me.

June 28, 2010 at 6:00 pm |
  127. Annie, Atlanta

No. My do-nothing, corporate owned, Frank Luntz talking point mimicking representation, just make me sad. What makes me angry is the willful ignorance so prevalent here in the south. Tow that party line no matter if it kills you, or, let’s say, for instance, the Gulf of Mexico, and all it's magnificent creatures.

June 28, 2010 at 6:03 pm |
  128. Ken in NC

Angry is among the words you can say on the air Jack. Off air there are a few more choice words that better describe ones feelings.

June 28, 2010 at 6:04 pm |
  129. Mark from Boston

Jack,

No, a better phrase would be apathetically nonchalant. What difference does it make anyway? In the final analysis, we'll have to tell our creditors we can't pay them, that's if we don't pay them back with monopoly money first. After the fall of empires from Persia to Rome, I find it ridiculous that the US is following their handbook verbatim.

June 28, 2010 at 6:05 pm |
  130. Jim Blevins

Yes, but less angry. At least things seem to be slowly moving in the right direction. We still have wars, but I believe Obama is seriously trying to end them. The government is still torturing anybody whose religion it doesn't like, but that is waning. Wall street still contains the worst criminals on earth, but Obama is really trying to rein them in. Big Oil is still destroying the planet, but they are being held to better account. The extreme conservatives now seem more interested in giving power to the rich and less interested in forcing everyone to practice their religion. The Tea Party has become so extreme that only a fool would regard them as rational. Better - yes, but still lots of reason to be angry.

Jim, Craig, CO

June 28, 2010 at 6:06 pm |
  131. db

Back a person into a corner like what is happening in the USA, be it recession or depression. Make him use up all his savings and retirement, make him lose his house and have it all caused by others who seem to benefit from it, and yes the American People will get angry. We elect people to office to represent us, the people not the corporations that make a profit off of us. I would say that this administration has run out of time to blame the last one for failures. What happens how is squarely resting in the Obama administration and the current Congress. If they do nothing to little they need to be voted out of office and replaced by folks who remember were they came from and who they represent and then best represent the people by listeing to them and taking care of business the way they should.

June 28, 2010 at 6:07 pm |
  132. John, Fort Collins, CO

I'm not angry at the lunchmeat running for office in Washington, just disgusted with the entire circus. Although the Far Right Wing Republicans have tended to steal the media show, my guess is the mainstream in both parties will remain snoozing rather than going to the polls on election midterm election day. There are so many losers out there right now. How does one decide?

June 28, 2010 at 6:07 pm |
  133. Antonio from Washington D.C.

I've had it up to here with them describes me! Democrats and Republicans are bickering like little kids on a playground, choosing not to assist Obama for childish reasons, and they're too busy "banging" their secretaries and putting our money in their greedy pockets instead of making sure America is stable in all areas!

When did we as Americans go wrong?

June 28, 2010 at 6:09 pm |
  134. Gigi Oregon

Angry is not the right word or the right solution. But I'm afraid the media is once again stirring the pot for head lines. Why are we blaming the Democratic party they hadn't been in office long enough to have caused this mess. If anger is the problem we had better all calm down and start thinking clearly. The Republicans are the the ones that cut taxes for the rich. If they had paid a fair tax we would not be in the mess we are in or at least not as big a mess. It's not the union worker but the rich corporate America that pays less tax and for the last ten years have gotten rich draining the America worker in loans they could not afford and talking them into creative finance that literally robbed the poor of their hard earned money. The Democrats are just as guilty. But let us not reward the Republican party that ran the debt up and lowered the tax rate for the rich at the same time, to rob you...even...more.

I'm glad to see you are finally admitting that the Tea Party is indeed Republican which I've called the baby sister of the Republican party since day one. I'll admit most young people get their politics news/views from the Saturday comedy shows, funny isn't it. We save to send them to college/universities so they'll be smarter than us and then they get their political information off of blogs and the comedy hours. I guess the laugh is on the parents and their hard earned dollars.

June 28, 2010 at 6:09 pm |
  135. Karl from SF, CA

The only thing I am angry about is the fact I don’t have a Republican Congressman or Senator I can vote out this time. We are where we are today thanks to their policies favoring the rich and corporations over the past years and their refusal to allow the current administration to fix anything. All the emotions should be focused on replacing the Party of NO. Not passing an extension of unemployment at this time should be cause for replacement if not impeachment. And they say Obama is detached from reality. What a pathetic joke.

June 28, 2010 at 6:12 pm |
  136. Myles

June 28, 2010 at 6:12 pm |
  137. Jason, koloa hi

Angry would be how I would describe myself if the voting public put republicans back in charge of anything. Changing parties is a meaningless excercise in futility when it is the system that is broken.

June 28, 2010 at 6:12 pm |
  138. Nancy - Loveland CO

Jack - The only anger I feel is toward those with short memories who forget who got us in this mess in the first place and have done their best to undermine President Obama who has done an amazingly great job so far. Heaven help us if the Tea Party nuts get the vote.

June 28, 2010 at 6:13 pm |
  139. Carol

I'm not angry– I'm determined! Determined to keep the right-wing conservatives from derailing progress that has already started the economic turn-around.

June 28, 2010 at 6:13 pm |
  140. Janis

Disgusted would be a better word.

June 28, 2010 at 6:14 pm |
  141. Mike in Phoenix

I am going to be angry when the people vote in another group of lairs and schemers.

June 28, 2010 at 6:14 pm |
  142. Michael Armstrong Sr. Tx.

No Jack I feel sad .I feel sad to see my country in such dier straits because of careless leaders and crooked tycoons they have spat on the little people filling there pockets with gold not caring about the damage they impose not only for us but thenselves .Im sad Jack not angry .

June 28, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  143. Pi

Yep, "angry" works. I'm way past all those other emotions - the ones that imply I'm somehow still willing to cut Washington some slack. I'm fresh out of slack.

Sarah
    Denver, CO

June 28, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  144. Blake Ross

No Jack, for me the word i would use is betrayed the people have had this voting group treat them like kids. Its like we don't no whats best for us. Until its time for them to go back for re-election they don't seem to care about the people who gave them this power. I personally say November cant get here soon enough.

June 28, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  145. Andrew

No, but angry is the best way to describe how I feel about Cable News. You guys keep beating the story about voters wanting to kick incumbents out and while there have been a handful of high profile incumbents losing primary battles the overwhelming majority have won their primaries. The MSM would rather report keep with their meme and make everything a horse race rather than report the facts.

June 28, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  146. Kurt

"Angry?" Sure. At Republicans for their unprecendented obstructionism and clear cheer-leading for economic ruin. Angry at media folks like yourself who refuse to describe the real source of our ineffective governmental response to the economic crisis and unemployment – Republican obstinancy and commitment to the failed economic policies of the previous administration. And I'm angry at Democrats who continue to bend to the misguided demagoguery of the Republicans who are committed to making things as bad as possible in the me-first pursuit of election day wins.

"Disgusted" is also an apt description.

June 28, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  147. Stefon

What real difference does it make. All politicans are the same, they tell you what you want to hear, then do the same things, the person voted out has done. The only people being heard in Washington are lobbyists.

June 28, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  148. Mel

Am I angry? You bet, Jack! I'm furious with Republicans trying to blame everything on Democrats in general and Obama in particular. I'm outraged at the attempt of Congressional Democrats to water down legislation almost to the point of meaninglessness in a futile attempt to gain votes from those who are determined to see this administration fail. And I am angry at Americans who could at all be seduced by those who put us into the series of messes in which we find ourselves.

June 28, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  149. Joseph Kavanaugh

The whole country is ready to go Postal!!!! We are not on a road to recovery, we are on a path to disaster!! We need major change and we need it now.. Starting with elections. We Americans had had enough
    Postal Joe, Monticello , NY...

June 28, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  150. christine

Yes Jack! My anger is actually against a co-operate, corrupt and crooked media. Jack, I don't see how you can attack politicians on being dishonest when you lie to your viewers everyday. Media and politicians have destroyed our country.

June 28, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  151. Birddog in Mississippi

Yeah, I'm angry. I'm angry that the American people would even consider giving any power back to the republican party. Those Tea Party folks – who are just the GOP base -"want their country back?" Well I want my country back the way it was before they took power in 2000. Before they doubled the debt by passing a near trillion dollar prescription drug benefit without paying for it, before they lowered taxes for the richest Americans and added another 1.35 trillion to our debt, before they gutted regulations, before they got us into a war in Iraq that we didn't need to get into. Now they want to run the country again? Not a chance.

June 28, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
  152. John, Los Angeles

Hey Jack, Angry is how i feel about all the elections. It seems to me that everytime you vote for a democrat or repuclican the results are the same. Angry is how Southern California feels about Sarah palin! I'm no democrat or republican but I'm angery at big gov't period!!

June 28, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
  153. John David

Angry? I do possess much anger about the midterm elections, but not towards the Democrats in office. I possess anger directed towards the people who are afraid of change, afraid of progress, afraid of sensible approaches in the social and economic sphere that maintain individual liberty and consumer protection. Therefore, yes, I am angry at Republicans for their hypocrisy and backward thinking.

June 28, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
  154. George

With a crashed economy and two wars coupled with the worst environmental//// industrial
    accedent this country
    has ever seen and knowing full well we are still recovering from the horrible mismanagement of the last administration plus a "still do nothing congress" the word angry dosent realy sum up or demonstrate how americans are truly feeling. Hell if anything your use of the word "angry" is trite at best. Have a good week Jack.
    George
    Chester,Ct.

June 28, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
  155. Claire, Melbourne FL

Yes, Jack, I'm angry with the Republican party – their arrogance during their 14 yr control of the house, senate and the Presidency is what has caused this disasterous economy and they run and hide and complain when it's mentioned....get over it they say...NO, when are they going to accept responsibility for their actions?. Now we have Cheney's legacy in this massive oil spill to contend with....!!
    God help us all if stupid people want to put these morons back in charge of our Government!

June 28, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
  156. Jan

DUMBFOUNDED!!! That's my reaction to the mid term elections. Do people have amnesia? Do they forget the 8 years of the Bush administration that left our country in shambles? Come on people Obama is doing a great job. Give him and others a chance to fix the disaster he was left with when he and other took office. Not to mention all the other disaster that have piled up on the Democrats since the Republicans left office.

June 28, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
  157. Ronda (from Canastota, NY)

I feel hopeful about midterm elections because that's where we have direct input in making a change, and Lord knows we could use a lot of that right about now. Hopefully that outcome will put us in a better position once the 2012 presidential elections roll around.

June 28, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  158. nald

Wary Jack, wary. I am afraid that the midterms will bring in right wing zealots with little or no idea as to how to govern.

June 28, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  159. Patricia/Georgia

Angry...yes at the republicans for refusing to work with a president who is trying to get us out of a recession which was caused by the lack of regulations of the last eight years. I am angry at the tea party people who walk around with signs saying this president is a communist and hitler. He has achieved many things in 22 months. and they do not appreciate it. This war is not his war it was thrust upon him and Afghanistan was ignored because we were duped into Iraq. Even after getting us sanctions on banks, insurance companies and soon oil companies....Obama is still not appreciated. As to getting out the incumbents.....how come all but two won their primaries. I find it odd that people pay more attention to someone like Palin who achieved nothing and walked away from her job than to a president who is trying to fix the economy. Jobs are his only disappointment to me and that is something that is very hard to fix if companies do not rehire.

June 28, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  160. Johnny T

I think most of our representatives have long forgotten that it supposed to be a "government by and for the people.". I don't feel most have been acting in the best interests of their constituents, but have had their own agenda as their priority. My union just held it's national elections and all the incumbents were given a swift kick out of their respective offices. I think that's a reflection of the bigger picture in America. Fire 'em up!

June 28, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  161. Dave Moyer

EMBARRASSED is the word. I'm 60 years old and never thought I'd feel this about the United States goverment.............but I definitely do.

June 28, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  162. Jim - Michigan

Jack,

Angry does not come close to how I feel, perhaps infuriated is a more apt description. The spending is out of control and only the tax payer is expected to foot the bill. Billions and billions are given out to people for doing nothing more than walking to theri mailbox and who have no expectation set to give back. With all these people getting a free handout from the tax payer and our communities in desperate need why cant they be expected to do some type of work to earn the tax payers money?

Democrats have shoved their agenda down our throats, they are doing their best to legalize millions of "Illegal" aliens while at the same time prosecuting those who defend us for violating other laws. The double standards stink. Bush used national security toscare us into buying his policies, Obama is making enemies of industry, banks, the wealthy etc... to sell his. At least when it came to Bush you knew where he stood and he did not waiver, Obama changes with the wind.

I voted for Obama and if I knew then what I know now I would not have bought into the sales pitch. I am infuriated at the thought of working harder just to pay the way for somebody else. I believe in a hand up, but I am opposed to hand outs, when help becomes a life style we have gone too far.

June 28, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  163. Randy From New York

Angry? Not at all. Disappointed and helpless are more appropriate terms to describe my feelings.

I'm not looking forward to the election, since my choices are limited.
    Either I have to vote for the "do nothing" democrats, or the "do bad things" republicans.

I had hope when Obama was elected and the democrats had control. That hope is gone.

I will vote again for the "do nothing" party rather than "do bad things" party.

For completeness, I label the independents, the "Wish we could do something," party.

June 28, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  164. Emily

I can scarcely believe the Republicans have the corner on the anxiety market! How can reasonable people not be afraid of the Tea Party and other wackos who believe all of Rush's and Sarah's (and others') rhetoric. It worries me greatly that the reasonable folks aren't going to vote in the midterm election. WHY?

June 28, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  165. Rick H Tucson

Angry? Are you kidding? We have given the left and Obama a chance and got what we thought we would. Run away deficits, massive entitlements, a country overrun with illegals and cartels and little respect in the world. We are well on our way to a second rate power and bankruptcy. Whatever it takes to get them out, Tea Parties, Republicans, whatever......bring them on.

June 28, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  166. Steven from Taos N.M.

Angry no , Furious is more like it ! It won't matter who or what party you or I vote for , every candidate and both parties are wholly owned subsidiaries of multi-national corporations that only want as much profit as they can get , any way they can get it , and they will destroy people , political parties , nations , anything that gets in the way of their pursuit of more profit and power. God help us all !

June 28, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  167. honest john in vermont

It is just one big sad show. Sure one can get angry but it doesn't change a thing because America is being run into the ground by peopole with good intentions.

June 28, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  168. B. Thompson

My anger is gone. I began working for the Republican party back during the days of fighting George Wallace in Alabama where I live. I stuck with them until I began working for a big wig in D.C. where I REALLY got an education then.

Am I angry? No I got over that a long time ago. What I have now is a distrust that is over-powering. It is disheartening to realize that I trust NO ONE in Washington. As a result I feel like a person without a country.

June 28, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  169. Dave in California

Angry is an understatement! What kind of government can spend over a trillion dollars on a useless war then turn its back on the unemployed of this country. All those who voted against the unemployment exstension should lose their jobs.

June 28, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  170. gladys

Jack, Of course I'm angry at THE REPUBLICANS. I changed affiliation because I'm an American First. I don't wish for my president "to fail"...
    The majority elected president Obama... The Republicans declared war at our president, did not give him an opportunity nor a chance to do his best for the USA...They divided the country, did not work with him...They all worked along party lines...Of course I'm angry....

June 28, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  171. sheila

It seems to me that the republicans are always angry about something. Dont let the other half of the country, you know the ones who elected George W Bush twice, get angry enough to run the country into the ground worse than what they already have done.

June 28, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  172. Bob Sukovich

Not angry, HOPEFUL. that some of these old bast- – – – –, like McConnell and McCain and Hatch who are controlling the members of their party. will be voted out. HOPEFULL TOO, that term limits will get in there somehow and eliminate the divisiveness that prevails in both parties

June 28, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  173. Beth Hancock

What I am is disgusted. The Democrats had things handed to them on a silver platter and they turned out to be a bunch of spineless wimps. However the country doesn't deserve any more of the Republicans, either, after the mess they got us into during the past administration. Isn't there a third choice?

June 28, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  174. V.E.Mills

In truth, I am not angry so much as weary. I am weary of the system itself, always chasing our tales, running really fast and getting no where. Partisanship, extreme right and left, keep us divided against ourselves and we all know the old parable about a house divided. I am horrified by what America is becoming, a visionless, amoral, crime ridden, utterly unsacred nation, which is consumed with materialism and sensualism. The City on a Hill, as a Beacon of Light to the world, has become a City descending into an Abyss, which has not even enough light for its own residents, let alone the world. At this point, the government and the system are utterly dysfunctional, the culture is perverse and divided against itself, and as a society America is profane, vaccuous, irreverant, and utterly narcissistic.

June 28, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  175. Jack Dempsey

Jack , just like president , We just want to know who's butt to kick. Jack from Nice, Ca

June 28, 2010 at 6:21 pm |
  176. Ron in Indiana

Angry? Yes, very angry. I tried the Republicans and got fooled. I tried the Democrats and got fooled. Like George Bush Jr said: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...uh, can't get fooled again. Time to try the Independents.

June 28, 2010 at 6:21 pm |
  177. scott

Jack. I'm just disappointed in the american people. Does all these "angry" people have alzheimers? Did they forget how the 8 years before Obama, and how things were ran? I think these "angry" people should take their prozac and give this Hopey changey thing a chance to work instead of putting america into a stalemate again!

June 28, 2010 at 6:21 pm |
  178. Larry Wilgus AKA Ohio's Amish Singing Innkeeper

Anger and frustration is the right word, and it's time to throw out all the incombents – regardless of party! Congress no longer represents the people views!

June 28, 2010 at 6:21 pm |
  179. Ricky from Roseville, MI

The best word for me would be "betrayed." I voted for President Obama and the Democrats in my first presidential election two years ago. I was one of the millions of young adults who had faith that Obama would help recover the economy, pass universal health care, and bring in a transparent government. Obviously, with the lackluster performance of both Democrats and Republicans, my eyes have been opened to the corruption of two-party politics. The old saying goes, "Don't get mad, get even." So my gratitude to Obama and the rest of Washington will be in the form of my vote...for a third-party candidate.

June 28, 2010 at 6:21 pm |
  180. Scott from Zanesville

I am angered because the people in our nation are continuing to allow the Democrats and Republicans to remain in power. As long as we have these two parties in control, our country will not evolve.

June 28, 2010 at 6:21 pm |
  181. Ron in Indiana

Best way to fix America??? Always vote the incumbent out of office.

June 28, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  182. Mke in TX

Angry along with frustraed and tired Jack. It doesn't matter what party is in charge the other party's priority is to provide every possible image of failure in those they oppose. The world does get to see our privleges of free speech and elections but must often wonder when listening to the rehtoric how we have come so far since the civll war. We need elections that can be held based on accurate comparisons of the needed opposing viewpoints. Today and in recent times past the radical of the different parties have generated the sound bites carried by the media which sadly for most folks is all they hear. Your team does a lot in your keeping them honest segments but we've not seen those lately. Jack if you and your other network peers would commit to presenting us with this is what they say and this is what reality is we could get beyond the current climate of disagreement and being the party of no just to prevent success and rid the anger and frustration from all elections.

June 28, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  183. David P Vernon

Tucson, AZ – What I am most angry about is that the lack of improvement for the past two years is due solely to politically dishonest Republican machinations, but the public seems to have fallen for the swindle and is prepared to punish the Democratic majority for that lack of change instead of the Republicans who are actually responsible. Too many voters lack even a high school level of comprehension of how our system actually works and where the power for change really lies – the White House proposes, but the Senate controls, and it takes 60 solid votes in the Senate in favor of the President's proposals in order for them to pass. We do not need any more Republicans in Congress – there are too many there already! I want to see the Republicans actually get the blame for and bear the brunt of voter anger. It is up to news people like you to explain to the public how the system works and what the root causes of the recession and slow recovery really are – Republican chicanery!

June 28, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  184. Michael Armstrong Sr. Tx.

Will the midterms make a damd differance really all i see is the same o same o .

June 28, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  185. A Glover Hampton VA

I'm not angry about the mid-term elections, but I am angry about the 24 hour news media not giving the public actual information about candidates themselves and not generalizing. We need viable information not information to scare everyone to vote with fear. I hope you ask one day evaluation of the news media and see what the public thinks.

June 28, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  186. Larry Wilgus AKA Ohio's Amish Singing Innkeeper

Anger and frustration is the right word, and it's time to throw out all the incumbents – regardless of party! Congress no longer represents the people's views!

June 28, 2010 at 6:25 pm |
  187. Andre in Los Angeles

Angry Jack? No, I'm resigned. Resigned to the fact that once Democrats lose their numbers and Republicans make their gains, we as a country will sink even deeper in the the partisan mire that defines our broken political system.

If Republicans get to their "magic numbers" to control either or both chambers, they will have done so by promising a tea-party inspired electorate their undying opposition to the Obama agenda which means nothing will get done and if Democrats somehow hold their majorities nothing still will get done because of the self-serving, lobbyist induced, status quo divides between Democrats and Republican's that are about as destructive to the future of this country as anything Al Qaeda can dream up.

June 28, 2010 at 6:25 pm |
  188. MacFab From Nacogdoches, Texas

The media is just fueling anti incumbent. The reality is that if you do your study you will see that apart from Senator from PA, and House member from AL both of which switched party just to retain their seats, and SC where GOP planted a candidate for DNC, most incumbents have actually won their primaries. Bob B from Utah was ousted by Tea Party which does not represent Utah. I will still vote for my senator and and House Member if by November they are the best candidate in the race. Media always embelish without facts and then poll after convincing the unware public to support their spining of every issue.

June 28, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  189. Joshua Siderowitz

I am a dyed-in-the-wool democrat but I am seriously considering voting Republican this fall if only out of spite because I feel the Democratic congress and administration has let me down as a retired senior by its zero-interest policy on fixed income investments. This has effectively reduced by retirement income to zero.

Congress should have authorized the Treasury to issue special bonds to senior retirees that pay at least the same interest as ten-year Treasury notes but with a much shorter maturity to allow for the inflation and rise in interest rates that is bound to follow the current recession.

June 28, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  190. An American

Jack,

Since the our country started going in debt etc, I've been ANGRY every election!

Only when Americans wake up and get ANGRY at every election, our once great republic will begin to resuscitate.

Randy
    Washington state

June 28, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  191. Arnold Mi

I wouldn't call myself angry about our political problems, disgusted would be the correct expression.

I will cast a "Party Line" vote for the Democrats this November, the same way the Republican Law Makers continue to vote along Party Lines in Congress.

This is why the Unemployment Extension just failed, The Tea Potty backed Republicans voted against the bill as part of their Party Line agenda.

Sorry folks, but the Democratic Party is the lessor of the two evils, and they will continue to get my vote, and one of the biggest problems that Washington has today is the right wing maniacs who are blocking all progressive policy making.

June 28, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  192. Mike w.

More like furious! The circus in Washington can't seem to get anything done without arguing. The fat check Senate members can't even extend benefits for the unemployed, they are a joke. Americans will remember them all come election time. Seems as if their more desperate to hold a vote on the supreme court nominatiom, rather than actually doing something for the people who voted these circus clowns into office.

June 28, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  193. Adam Moore

Angry?

I would have to say hopeless is more like it. It's just another election with no new ideas, no desire by any of the candidates to help the American people and no chance that anything will get done.

June 28, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  194. Pat Vaughn

Yes, I am angry...and disgusted that those with such short memories (eight years of straight Republican Party line votes that almost entirely, caused the current problems this country faces [Iraq invasion for instance]) that even possibly consider voting Republicans back in power!!
    Vote in NEW faces and voices ... Independents and true Democrats, replacing the Democratic "Blue Dogs" that are Republican "lite". Democrats do NOT have the majority control of the existing Congress while these Blue Dog politicians remain in office. Throw out most, if not all... encumbants that fail to support the "hope for change" that we the people elected Obama to provide. Pat Vaughn, Crossville, TN

June 28, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  195. Maria, santa maria, california

I'm angry that because I feel like U.S. citizens should be given priority over illegal aliens that I am called a racist or worse. I am disgusted that the U.S. citizen doesn't mean squat to our elected officials and that they are more concerned with a block of people who are here illegally and yet complain non stop about how they are not being taken care of enough when our own citizens and legal immigrants have their services and benefits cut. I am sickened that we live in a country rapidly growing into a third world country and that the elected officials think that they can do whatever they want and get away with it. There are alot of angry people out there and they are getting more and more pissed. How they show it is something that is still to be seen.

June 28, 2010 at 6:30 pm |
  196. HDCharles

I feel neither the Republicans nor the Democrats are to be trusted anymore. For too long, both parties have sold the average American down the river. Politicians cater only to the welfare of their corporate cronies, who respond, in kind, by re-supplying the politicians with money to get re-elected. Until we institute congressional term limits, and do away with the PACS and lobbyists, and limit campaign funding, the U.S. government will continue to be one "of the wealthy, by the wealthy, and for the wealthy".

June 28, 2010 at 6:32 pm |
  197. steve - virginia beach

When we can't even criticize the President without being called a racist, angry doesn't even begin to describe what I feel toward these clowns who are hijacking any hope of returning to prosperity.

June 28, 2010 at 6:33 pm |
  198. Bobby

I am not mad at the mid term elections I am mad at the republicans party for sitting on their hind parts holding up every thing this administration is trying to get done.

June 28, 2010 at 6:33 pm |
  199. Michael Armstrong Sr. Tx.

We are in the biggest mess of crap known to our history and every ones pointing fingers at each other blaming . Maybe we should find some common ground and solve our problems no one else is going to do it for us we either succeed or fail may God help us if we fail Im sad and Im scared Jack .

June 28, 2010 at 6:34 pm |
  200. Richard M

The USA is in a modern day depression.Congress & CEO's have robbed the small people while they kick back chew on Steaks and puff on cigars. Orlando fl has become the quinticensual laborynth of underground foreblosures and musty CeO drippings.

June 28, 2010 at 6:34 pm |
  201. Chris - Denver

Yes. I'm angry that so many of my fellow voters seem to be so easily hoodwinked into believing that voting Republican will help anything.

June 28, 2010 at 6:36 pm |
  202. Linda from California

Angry only describes my feelings toward the Republicans, who consistently insult, deride and attempt to block any and all things Obama and the Democrats try to do to put the country back together again. Even when Obama got the huge monetary concessions from BP, some Republicans favored BP rights over the rights of the gulf people who were harmed. The Repubs loved the Supreme Court decision in January allowing corporations unlimited money to spend to support the politicians of their choice. It is crystal clear to me which party supports ordinary people and which party supports huge corporations operating with few restraints, no matter if they greatly harm people and/or the environment or not.

June 28, 2010 at 6:36 pm |
  203. Speights

You betcha I'm angry about our government!!! So angry that I can't wait to get to the polls in Nov. to vote out all the GOP candidates that have tried to paralyze all progress in our government in the past 18 mos. by voting "Hell no" to every move our President has attempted to make. Let's vote in Democrats and move this country forward.!!!

June 28, 2010 at 6:36 pm |
  204. Jerry

No Jack I'm not angry, just amazed at how people keep falling for the same old story year in and year out. Don't people realizr that these politicians dan't give a damn about them that they will say whatever it takes to get elected. Just look at how the republicans vote against every bill the President put before them regardless of how good the bill may be good for the country. It has nothing to do with the President's policies but the color of his skin. Why is everybody afraid to stand up and say this? The truth is no white person wants to answer to a black man, not only republican but democrats too. Because they feel all black people are beneath them. If the people think they have a problem now just let the republicans take over congress, look at what they did the last eight years, NOTHING. Jack when are you going to stop whimpering and tell the truth? America is showing it's true colors as the most racist country on this planet. No I'm not mad it's just what I expect.

June 28, 2010 at 6:39 pm |
  205. Bob Mears

To answer your question, I thied to watch Glen Beck the other day. No wonder America is "angry". When the Faux Entertainment Narrow Channel reports like that, what would expect. The media is so distorted, people are brainwashed, can't think with a rational mind.

June 28, 2010 at 6:42 pm |
  206. Dane Steinberg

Angry? Lets see, Obama hasn't made anything but stupid decisions (stupid is Obama approved) since he's been in office. The President should kick his own ass (ass is Obama approved) and everyone who works for him. The TEA Party wouldn't exist if it where not for Obama. As a country, we're probably broke. We have an oil leak that he, nor any of his socialist cronies, has the intelligence to stop (remember "I am taking control and the buck stops here"?) . I honestly don't know if angry is strong enough!

June 28, 2010 at 6:42 pm |
  207. S J Nelson

I am very happy with this President and the dignity, intelligence, fairness and dedication that he brings to the office. Don't blame him
    for trying to take on the gigantic problems he inherited. I thank God everyday Americans had the wisdom to vote him in by a much wider margin of victory than George Bush every had.

I am angry that right wing, so-called "Christian" Americans so readily dismiss Bush's responsibility for the incredible ongoing loss of lives and the financial excess brought upon our country by Bush's invasion of Iraq. I mourn the needless death of thousands of brave American soldiers and the never mentioned here: the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians who lives were lost. I ask that God forgives us.

I

June 28, 2010 at 6:43 pm |
  208. Raj - Springfield, VA

"SCARED". I'm scared of the republicans taking control and giving $20 billion to the oil industry from U.S treasury to clean the gulf oil and any other spills and there by show the middle finger to average Americans and their dreams.

June 28, 2010 at 6:48 pm |
  209. glenn

Everyone is forgetting that bush a republican started the the depression ball rolling.

June 28, 2010 at 6:53 pm |
  210. CHARLIE

We're not angry – just frustrated that DC does not listen! Democrats or Republicans it does not matter – VOTE them all out in November – new blood all around with the only qualification to adhere to the Constitution and stop the spending!!

June 28, 2010 at 6:56 pm |