June 25th, 2010

Would you vote for or against candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

While Sarah Palin has been helping rack up primary wins for Republican candidates - it looks like she may be the kiss of death in a general election.

A new Wall Street Journal/NBC News Poll shows a majority of Americans would respond negatively if they knew Palin backed a candidate.

37 percent of those surveyed say they would be "very uncomfortable" about a candidate endorsed by the former Alaska governor, while 15 percent say they would have "some reservations."

Only 25 percent say they would be "comfortable" or "enthusiastic" about Palin's support.

What's more - this poll finds there are only two attributes that a candidate could have that would be worse than a Sarah Palin endorsement. They are: support for Bush's economic policies - and support for getting rid of various federal agencies and Social Security.

In other words, this poll seems to confirm the conventional wisdom about Palin: She's a hugely divisive politician. The base loves her... but, the rest of the country? Well, not so much.

Republicans seemingly can't get enough of her. Almost every candidate Palin has supported in the Republican primaries this season has won; she's especially credited with helping long shot Nikki Haley win the Republican primary for South Carolina governor.

But the rest of Americans aren't buying what she's selling. Of course, if you look closely, what she's selling is Sarah Palin.

A recent CNN poll shows nearly 70 percent of Americans say Sarah Palin is unqualified to be president.

And while Palin is popular in the South and in rural areas, her unfavorable rating is about 60 percent among women, suburbanites, independents and in the west and north east.

Here’s my question to you: Would you vote for or against a candidate who was endorsed by Sarah Palin?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Bob writes:

Matthew writes:
The fact that Palin is still mentioned in politics in 2010 is scary. The fact that some people I know want her to be president is downright horrifying.

J. writes:
It depends on the candidate's positions. Palin is irrelevant.

Michael in Washington writes:
Actually, I like Sarah. She has greatly simplified my life and saved me a lot of time. How? Well, I don't have to think so much anymore. I know that about 99.9% of what she says the opposite is true. Thus, if she endorses someone, then it's easy casting my vote – for the other candidate. Thanks, Sarah.

Stuart writes:
I'm a Republican and her endorsement wouldn't win any bonus points with me for any candidate. Though I wouldn't know if she endorsed someone because I earnestly avoid all things/news Palin. The aide that recommended Palin to McCain during the last election should be deported.

Andy writes:
If I were a candidate and Sarah Palin endorsed ME, I would consider dropping out.

Lori writes:
Would I vote for a candidate Palin – the half-term, half wit, queen of quit – endorsed? Not just no, but HELL NO. You betcha.

Tom writes:
Never! I would oppose anyone this fool would endorse. She's unqualified to recommend a hairdresser or an optician!

Filed under: Republicans • Sarah Palin
  1. Droffilc

Totally against........sure hope she runs for President in 2012 so the Democrats again win in a landslide.

June 25, 2010 at 5:23 pm |
  2. Craig

I would most certainly be nervous about anyone she supports for two... the first problem is that she supports only Republicans and has no regard for their 'credentials' ... the second reason is that IF she supports them then she HAS to have been paid or received some other form of compensation. Face it the woman is a Political Gold Digger! Hmmm...Sarah Palin P.G.D.

June 25, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  3. Why do politicians suck?

I don't really care about endorsements when voting, including palin. But if the people she is endorsing are as bad a rand paul then she maybe doing the republicans a disservice by helping push a poor candidate through the primary. Just to get beaten up in the general election

June 25, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  4. Albert

Jack,

As one of those Independents that all of the pundits say Obama has already lost (not me of course), I think Sarah Palin is the gift that keeps o giving.

I hope she remains involved in GOP politics for the mid-terms and beyond. As a divisive politician, I put her in the same category as Rand Paul, Rush Limbaugh, and others of the extreme right.

But I admit she is fun to watch and laugh at, and I am sure "Sister" Sarah is enjoying the $$$$ she is making.

Only In America,

Albert

June 25, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  5. tim

I would vote against any candidate that Palin supports. She appeals largely to a fringe minority in the Republican Party. I do not like her politics or the style of politics she endorses. She needs to moderate if she wants to have a future on the national stage.

June 25, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  6. Tod

I fall in the category of "some reservations". I try to evaluate candidates on their own merit, but Sarah does scare me. A LOT! Her endorsement would make me look 2 or 3 more times at a candidate.

I supported Pres. Obama in the last election and one of the biggest post-election criticisms has been his inexperience showing in the significant crises we are in. That being the case, I can't see Independents like myself, and certainly not Democrats trusting Sarah Palin in 2012.

June 25, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  7. Donaldo in ATL

Jack:

I live in ATL. This question while enticing, belongs on the wall in the mens room, as I relieve myself from all the stress created by those we read about. Sorry, Jack, just can not go there on this question.

June 25, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  8. Sandra

For..........she at least has some common sense........

June 25, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  9. Judy

NO WAY!! It would have the opposite effect for me.

June 25, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  10. Allen in Hartwell GA

I wouldn't hold it against anyone if she endorsed them, but her endorsement wouldn't sway my vote in someone's favor. I really can't see her endorsing anyone that I would vote for.

June 25, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  11. Rick Hirschhorn

Jack,

I am an independent. I just keep telling myself, "some day she will go away".

Rick

Mount Laurel, NJ

June 25, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  12. Houstonguy

After many "Drill, Baby,Drill" comments, she is the kiss of death. Her disappearing from politics may the only good thing about the disaster in the Gulf. McCain would have gotten my vote, but his health and his weak heart being the only thing between her and the white house, I had to vote for the other guy. Style and not substance works great until you hold office,which she could not even finish in Alaska as she had better things to do. What if she gets bored holding her next office? She is poison.

June 25, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  13. Fred

Once again your question misses the mark. The only thing Palin's endorsement did was raise awareness (i.e. media coverage) of a good candidate in the primaries and so they won. In the general elections, this will not matter as everybody and their brother endorses one or the other candidate and Palin's endorsement is washed out in the mix and then it is up to the candidate to be effective. The same is true if Pres. Obama endorses...although I would bet that in the upcoming generals that most Dem's will not be going out on the stump with this Pres. but a lot more Rep's will be begging Palin to come.

June 25, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  14. Allison

No way! In fact it would be the only information I would need to stay away from that candidate!

June 25, 2010 at 5:27 pm |
  15. Darryl H

A Palin endorsement in the republican primary is great stuff... That means that seat will go uncontested in the general.. Run Sarah Run!!!

June 25, 2010 at 5:27 pm |
  16. Norm Autrey

Jack, you nailed it when you said that what Palin is selling is Palin. Nothing she is doing is going to make politics more palpable. It's not going to change things in DC. It's not even going to help Republicans change their image or attract more middle of the road voters. So, I'd never vote for "her" candidates, just like I'd never vote for someone chosen by any other self promoting non-candidate. She presents herself as "one of us', but shes not. She's a failed governor who quit to promote herself. We need a reality check in this country, and Palin cannot give it to us. Norm from Albuquerque.

June 25, 2010 at 5:27 pm |
  17. Terri, Texas

Definitely AGAINST. The very sound of her voice, and the nonesense that follows, is sickening. What leadership qualities does she possess? How on earth can you endorse anyone? She has proven over and over again that she's unqualified for any position. Therefore, my fear is that anyone she endorses will have the same qualifications, none.

June 25, 2010 at 5:27 pm |
  18. Albert

Jack,

That is a tricky question.

Sarah Palin will not influence my vote one way or the other. If the candidate supports issues that are important to me, and presents as a quality person, I wil probably consider giving him / her my vote.

Sah Palin is just being Sarah Palin.. America knows her well by now.

She does not matter when it is time to vote for what is best for the country / state / city /community, etc..

Albert
    Danville, CA

June 25, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  19. Jacqueline Mongeot

Sarah Palin has many fans, she has a very engaging personality. However she is too divisive to appeal to the majority of electors. She is definitely too far right for independents voters , her controversial attitude, her political decisions and actions in Alaska do not speak in her favor. In other words, besides her energy , her lack of knowledge and her opinions and recommendations cannot be trusted. Jacqueline San Diego, CA

June 25, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  20. Mary Lou

I would vote against a candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin.

Richfield, OH

June 25, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  21. Harley Lever

Absolutely!!! Sarah Palin has absolutely no credibility or integrity when it comes to any of the issues. She has shown blind allegiance to the radical right and one would have to assume any candidate she endorses holds the same spineless values and will simply be a puppet for the radical right ideology.

Even in personal issues she shows no spine. She wanted to castrate Rahm Emmanuel for using the word "retard". However when Rush Limbaugh used the word over 20 times on his show, she gave him a pass and went even further and actually made excuses for him.

She is a political heavyweight, but an intellectual lightweight and I think most people realize that. However her political heavyweight status is quickly fading due to her lack of integrity.

June 25, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  22. Marguerite

From Seattle, WA

I generally don't believe in guilt by association but will make an exception in this case. I would definitely vote against any candidate supported by Sarah Palin because her views are not only dangerous but backward thinking as well as borderline racist and the sooner that she is no longer the media star and fades back into the tundra or an igloo from whense she came the better.

June 25, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  23. Mark from Boston

Jack,

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. It has nothing to do with if 'Palin' endorses someone for me; I'll leave that to the element of our society that needs the likes of Beck, Limbaugh and the rest of the drop-outs to think for them. If she happens to support a candidate like a Peter Schiff or a Ron Paul, then I'd vote for them. As long as she's not on the ticket.

June 25, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  24. Carlos

I would vote against any candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin, anybody who has a mind of there own wouldnt support a candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin and by the way when is CNN gonna hold her responsible when one of her 'Tea Party' supporters harms someone?
    I believe the rhetoric she uses is very dangerous and the fact CNN and other news networks give her a platform to spread her hate should also be held responsible for what unfortunatley is bound to happen when a misinformed nut case goes off the wall and harms someone.

June 25, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  25. Joseph Moore

It doesn't matter who is endorsing who, in my opinion. Rather it is more important to thoroughly research all candidates and choose which one you think best represents your opinions. That's what a representative democracy is about. You shouldn't let the opinion of a retired governor influence you're vote.

June 25, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  26. Albert

Jack,

That is a tricky question.

Sarah Palin is just being Sarah Palin.. America knows her well by now.

Albert
    Danville, CA

June 25, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  27. retardoblast

I wouldnt even look at who she backed. I put no validity in anything she has to say,except for maybe tips on moose-hunting, and basic geography!

June 25, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  28. r from mn

I definitely would NOT support anyone in any way shape or form connected or supported by Palin. As your article states, she's extremely divisive. I also don't think she is even remotely qualified to be in a position to run the country. She's good at saying the most outrageous things to rile up her base and getting them involved, but she has shown time and time again that she isn't capable of thinking about all possible courses of action on a serious issue and then choosing the best possible course of action to resolve that problem. She chooses what she knows is the most outrageous option and thus the one that hits home with her base. The problem isn't that the country isn't conservative enough as she seems to think, it's that there are a lot of normal people who aren't ultra conservative and her along with other republicans are working as hard as they can to push them out of the party and out of power. That is a bad thing for the country long term, we need more people that are able to think about issues outside of the confines of a strict ideology that contradicts reasoning.

June 25, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  29. Ginger Duran

I'd vote against any candidate supported by Sarah Palin in a heart beat. Faster than a heart beat–in a nano second!

The woman is ill-informed, prejudiced, narrow-minded, and dangerous.

June 25, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  30. Paul

I and the vast majority of Americans are tired of her. I wouldn't support anything she endorses. She's purely in it for the money and the limelight. She's as phony as they come. Enough of her already!!!

June 25, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  31. Steven V

Some may think that Sarah 'Whalin' Palin may be inexperienced for the Presidency, but had I the chance to repeat Election Day (knowing what I know of the current occupant of said office), I'd still pick her – a red-blooded female TRUE American – over some unknown who isn't even a naturalized citizen and has absolutely no business holding ANY public office of this land. And everyone in this country that voted for him is beginning to doubt him.
    I'd choose Sarah again if given the chance.

June 25, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
  32. Dave, Cedar Rapids

Already been there and done that. I was leaning towards McCain until he made that infamous mistake. I was planning to vote for Branstad, but sorry Terry, not now. And yes, I am willing to cut off my nose to spite my face, it's the only way I can punish the GOP for this fraud.

June 25, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
  33. Harry

Jack,

I would consider Sarah Palin to be akin with a venomous snake. Anything or anyone she supports is bound to be toxic for America!

From,

Harry in Concord, CA

June 25, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
  34. J. Scott

Not even if the sweet Lord Jesus came down and asked me himself, would I vote for anyone this woman endorses.

June 25, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  35. Susan Miller

From Reno NV. I would run the opposite direction from ANY candidate Palin endorsed. She's nothing more than a pop star who gets way too much attention. I wish you'd stop covering her.

June 25, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  36. Steve - Ohio

I'm not sure Jack. Sounds to me like I need to pop off a quick email to Diebold and find out where my vote will go. I'll get back to you on the answer once they let me know.

June 25, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  37. Brown, Columbus Oh

It's amazing how she stays in the news.

June 25, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  38. tommyjames, Baton Rouge, La.

No way any sane person would even think about voting for anybody this nut job endorses. Sarah palin is a opportunists and is raking in the big bucks making endorsments. Is this the same Sarah palin , who along with her husband was advocating that Alaska seperate itself from the union?
    She is not even patriotic.

June 25, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  39. rteye

I would not support a candidate who actively sought Palin's endorsement.

June 25, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  40. Jay Talmage

What a joke this so called Saint Sara...... All that women cares about is herself and money... Not much of a Saint... I wouldn't vote for anything this silly women comes up with.... Jay, Las Vegas, Nev......

June 25, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  41. Damon Michael

I probably would not vote for anyone Palin endorsed. I certainly wouldn't vote for Palin...
    I might have voted for her when I was in 8th grade.... but then again, that's probably why 8th graders don't get to vote....

June 25, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  42. Tricia in Alaska

A Quitter's endorsement holds no interest to me. She is uninformed about so many issues, someone who has her backing is more likely to be just as uninformed in my mind.

Tricia, Juneau AK

June 25, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  43. greg polins

i would vote against any candidate endorsed by Palin for this obvious reason: lack of credibility. are we forgetting the vice presidential debate that she engaged in ? is quitting acceptable ? she is a complete moron

June 25, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  44. Fed up!

I don't really look at endorsements that seriously. People need to think for themselves and look at the issues at hand. There are a lot of people who dismiss Palin as "ignorant", etc. but really, I think she's helped a lot of every day normal people in this country see that our government has gotten way out of control with our tax dollars, and that the power of the people of this great nation will prevail. I don't think I'll ever vote for another democrat after seeing how the current Congress has behaved until I finally see one that acts responsibly with our tax dollars. I wouldn't teach my dog to write the bills they've enacted into law, especially the health care sham. They are ruining this country.

June 25, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  45. lance mize

Would never vote palin or anyone she endorsed.

June 25, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  46. Burbank

I would vote against a candidate she was supporting even if I liked them, that's too scary, they might turn out to be just like her. It would make me seriously question their judgement and capability to make good choices and decisions, just like what happened to McCain.

June 25, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  47. Seth Hill

Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

June 25, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  48. Max Newman

Sarah Palin is the reason I stopped considering a vote for McCain as president. In my case any association with Sarah or the Tea Party will ensure a vote against from me.

June 25, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  49. Jeff In Minnesota

It depends on my own research regarding a candidate. I've never been one to trust anyone's opinion other than my own. Besides, who would listen to anything Governor Palin said? The woman is out for her own interests and no one else's.

June 25, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  50. Molly Lowe

As a moderate I always look at the candidate, however if a candidate accepts Sarah Palin's endorsement I have to assume that they accept her policies and I feel her policies are not good for the country.( drill baby drill)

June 25, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  51. Lambu

Anyone with common sense will not ask for Sarah's endorsement. But that will eliminate a lot of politicians. Wouldn't that be good for this country? Hell yeah.
    Now the answer to your question: would definitely vote against the politician asking sarah's endorsement.

Pasadena, CA

June 25, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  52. Michael Mitchell

June 25, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  53. Carmelita M Rollins

If I cared nothing about these United States, I would not only back Palin in all her endeavors, I'd join the tea party. Now that I have sobered up, I wouldn't sho,w Sarah the way to the ladies room. I have no respect for her, and I curse John McCain daily for releasing her on America. She is dangerous with her politics, which are questionable to say the least. The reason she write on the palm of her hand is to make sure mentions the topics of concern to her backers. She can't be trusted to remember.

June 25, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  54. james napoli

Palin was not qualified as govenor and is not qualified for any political office. She is also untruthful and says whatever suites her at the moment . And I would vote against any candidate she endorses.

June 25, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  55. R.L.

Well, I have my reservations about Sarah Palin and what her true intentions really are. I would most certainly be more receptive to her endorsement of another candidate than let's say Barrack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, or Harry Reid.

Americans simply cannot trust any politician to actually undertake and implement whatever they state to get elected. The only thing the citizens can guarantee will happen once these worthless, self-serving, elitist politicians will do upon election is take care of themselves and represent those interests who own them, namely corporate America.

R.L. -Cal

June 25, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  56. Julie

I would vote against a candidate that was endorsed by Sarah Palin. You put it best that she is selling Sarah Palin. I might be inclined to vote for a candidate that denounced the endorsement by Palin, but if a candidate embraced her endorsement, I wouldn't vote for them if you paid me to do so. Further, I would have become more interested in the Tea Party and their candidates except they embraced Sarah Palin, which means that they have a very limited view on what is best for the country. Because she is embraced by the Tea Party, all candidates associated with the Tea Party have lost my vote.

June 25, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  57. Brendan Walsh

I would not vote for a candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin who has nothing to say but hype and negativity.

June 25, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  58. Covenant

She is attractive to a core constituency of the right. I don't think she brings in votes but she does attract attention.

June 25, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  59. Jim Blevins

If I thought that Palin knew what she was talking about, I would vote no. In fact her support would be irrelevant.

Jim, Craig, CO

June 25, 2010 at 5:40 pm |
  60. Bruce from Bloomington Illinois

I apply the same litmus test to any candidate, whether they are endorsed by Palin or any other person, Jack. I listen to the candidate's views, evaluate them and vote my conscience. Candidates can't help who endorses them. Whether it is Palin, a talking head or the President, who offers the endorsement, it does not matter to me..

June 25, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  61. ram

Sure, as long as that candidate is good... However, I would never vote for or against a candidate BECAUSE Palin endorses him/her.

Believe it or not, even though I think she's pathetically unqualified to be president, I actually see the appeal in terms of a great story since you never know what nonsense will come out of her mouth...

June 25, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  62. Greg Penn

Jack, I would have problems with the judgement and charactor of any candidate that palled around with a known moron.

Greg
    Tampa FL

June 25, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  63. Mark Dugopolski

I don't care who supports who. I will vote for the person that I think will do the best job.

June 25, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  64. sed81650

I would absolutely vote against anyone backed by Sarah Palin. God help us if she gets voted into office again.

June 25, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  65. JR

Since I did not and would never consider Sarah Palin qualified to be a heart-beat away from the Presidency, I can't think of any reason to trust her judgement to endorse any candidate she would want me to voite for. Unlike the constituents she gathers at her rallies, I spend much more time and effort reading and researching candidates who vie for political positions in federal, state, and local elections. It leads me to quality and trustworthy information that would most likely produce more notes than would fit on the hand I use to pull the lever in the voting machine booth.

June 25, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  66. Guido

Values? Everything Sarah does is for Sarah. I can't imagine a less qualified, more superficial and self-serving person currently traveling political circles, and thats saying something.

I would be surprised if Sarah were allowed to endorse anyone I would respect. But if it happened, it would be a substantial turn-off because I would instantly have to questions the candidate's values. I

Guido (Male, white, late 40s, moderate Republican.)

June 25, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  67. Barbara from Los Angeles

If Sarah thinks someone is good enough to stand-up-for... there must be something wrong with that person. No, I wouldn't vote for ANYONE that idiot recommends.

June 25, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  68. Mary Alice Hamnett

The question is almost besides the point. My answer, incidentally, is a firm "absolutely not." What I do take from this poll is optimism for the 2012 presidential race. Here's to hoping she's still the frontrunner for the republicans.

June 25, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  69. lmt

I wouldn't judge a candidate solely on who has endorsed them. However, a Sarah Palin endorsement would definitely raise a red flag. I don't understand why it this woman has so much political power. She has proven time and time again that when it comes to politics and foreign affairs, she is not knowledgeable. Granted, she may have talents in other areas, but politics is not one of them. I feel as though she is very divisive, which is what this country does not need.

June 25, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  70. Steve, Clifton, VA

I wouldn't dare vote for Sarah Palin for "any" (emphasis added) elected office and Sarah Palin gave me the reasons for this position. Therefore, how could I vote for anyone she endorsed? Sarah Palin couldn't get herself elected in a general election and probably contributed to the down fall of John McCain.

June 25, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  71. Carol Jaye

I support Sarah Palin because she has the courage to change the old guard in Washington, she knows what it is to work hard enough to get where she needs to be and contrary to all the plastic surgery folks in Hollywood, she is a natural who also looks good in a pantsuit.

Win Sarah Win!!

June 25, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  72. David R. Burbank, CA

Simple, I'd vote for them in the primary to get them on the ballot and ensure that they'd have no chance of winning in the fall during the general election because no one except the base would vote for them (including me).

June 25, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  73. Bob

There is no way I would vote for a candidate who had been endorsed by Sarah Palin. In fact, she's the reason I voted for Barack Obama. I was all set to vote for McCain and then he picked her!! Remember, you can put lipstick on a pig . . . .

June 25, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  74. Linda in Arizona

Oh, goodie, a Friday afternoon Sarah palin question! This one is so easy. I don't even have to say something uncomplimentary about her. Obviously, anyone she would endorse would be a republican. I NEVER vote for republicans, ergo, I wouldn't vote for anyone she endorsed. Like I said... easy. Next question?

June 25, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  75. Dain

I was born and raised in Alaska, and I am ashamed by the conduct of Mrs. Palin. She does not speak for me, my state, or anyone I know. She only serves to add misinformation and misdirection to a political climate that already has too much of both. If she backs a candidate, rest assured, the right move is to back to opposition.

June 25, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  76. Ted Price

Why are we still talking about her. She does not bring anything to the table. She is just about making speeches and money. When are we going to learn that.

June 25, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  77. NW Independent

Against. If you listen to her speeches she is intentionally divisive. It's nice to see that a majority of the country is tired of divisive politics. She claims she can't stand the "same old politics as usual" but what is she doing...same thing.

June 25, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  78. Paul In Dallas, TX

Jack, I'm open minded and consider myself moderate so of course I wouldn't vote for anyone Palin supports.

June 25, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  79. jim rose

if its got anything to do with palin...im bailen

June 25, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  80. concerned coloradan

If I knew Palin endorsed a candidate I would vote for the opponant.

Janet Grall, Woodland Park, CO

June 25, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  81. Jill W

I would never vote for a candidate of any party that sought the support of Sarah Palin. Seeking her "blessing" would speak volumes about their intelligence, and not in a positive way. That being said, I would not necessarily hold it against a candidate if Sarah Palin gave unsolicited support, but whoa be to anyone who hid such solicitation.

June 25, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  82. William

I don't vote by endorsement. I listen to the candidates and make my own decision. Could it be that those who vote by endorsement are too lazy to form their own opinion?

June 25, 2010 at 5:47 pm |
  83. Michael Carrillo

I would never cast a vote for anyone she endorses. This woman is an absolute joke, and represents the worst America has to offer. Why someone this ignorant is relevant to our political process is beyond me, and anyone that would support her political ambitions is really too stupid to vote.

June 25, 2010 at 5:47 pm |
  84. Kimmie

Yes.., you bet i would, she just need a chance like everybody

June 25, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  85. Michael

There is no way on this Earth I would vote for a candidate that was supported by Sarah Palin... but I don't think I have to worry about any candidate in thhis area seeking her endorsement either. She is the reason this moderate didn't vote for John McCain in 08, and she has done nothing in the past two years to make me regret that decision. She offers no solutions to any major political conversation, except of course to "Drill baby drill". She is a political lightweight that is adored by those that think it is more importnat that their candidate appeal to them as a person, than have substantive policies.

Mike from New Jersey

June 25, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  86. Joe

Everything Sarah Palin does is about Sarah Palin. And everything Sarah Palin is about is running for President in 2012. The fact is, the only way the Republicans can lose in 2012 is if they are stupid enough to nominate Palin to run or if they let her within a thousand miles of whoever they do nominate to run.

June 25, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  87. Craig

No, nada, nyet, never

June 25, 2010 at 5:49 pm |
  88. Michael Roepke - Dallas

I'd do what I always do. I would study the issues, examine the candidates, get advice from those I trust and then go to the polls and pull the democratic lever.

June 25, 2010 at 5:49 pm |
  89. Cris Daraban

I would much rather vote for my mother in law

June 25, 2010 at 5:50 pm |
  90. Alan

A Palin endorsement of ANYTHING (a candidate, an ice cream, a movie, a resort destination) would mean I would never vote for nor purchase it. Further, I would assume whatever she recommended was a bunch of crap, as in what she is full of. It is really sad that she is as likely to be our next President as anyone, because we Americans have become so stupid.

June 25, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  91. jumbledletters

Nevada

Would not vote for her or anyone she endorses. No contest.

June 25, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  92. Conner M

If Sarah Palin endorsed a candidate I would by default assume that I would not like the views observed by the supported candidate. I simply feel that Sarah Palin is not meant to be in politics because she has an extremely spotty track record and cannot follow through with her commitments as seen in Alaska.

June 25, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  93. Gail

You have it right! Sarah Palin is about Sarah Palin and how much money she can make–nothing less, nothing more. What she thinks, what she says, what she believes is of no interest to me.

Pleasanton, California

June 25, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  94. chris

Palin endorsement is definitely good within the GOP...and that is because of the halo effect of her president run recently...but outside the enclave of the GOP set-up, Palin will be a great minus for any candidates she endorses...so for national election, I will NO to anyone endorsed by Palin

June 25, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  95. Mark Erickson

I would vote AGAINST ANY candidate that Sara Palin would endorse. She is money hungry and that's it...she doesn't have a clue!!!

Juneau, Alaska

June 25, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  96. Radagast in Minneapolis

Against. In every single case.

June 25, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  97. liz kern

I would never vote for ANYONE Sara Palin has endorsed. I think she is absolutely the most ignorant person ever to hold or run for public office. Anyone who supports her must care very little for the welfare of this country. Sara Palin is only out to satisfy her own agenda and could care less about the American people. It would be wonderful if the media would stop covering her. I would love to see her just go away already!!

June 25, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  98. Ray in Nashville

Jack, I wouldn't automatically vote for the opponent of anyone that this woman endorses, but she has told so many lies that I wouldn't believe her if she told me the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

June 25, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  99. Yammie Griffin

First, I would check the candidate carefully to see if I think they are qualified before making my decision. But, if I had to vote solely on Sarah Palin's judgement, I would vote no.
    Mayland

June 25, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  100. Arturo de la Guardia

Well, I tend to vote Democrat, but voting for Sarah Palin is like voting for Howard Dean. This is the United States, and seeing her as a potential vice-president last elections freaked me out.

June 25, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  101. LMC

I hate to be so shallow, but I think so little of Sarah Palin, I think her endorsement for anyone would lead me to vote against them. On the other hand, the people she would pick to endorse are highly unlikely to have values and beliefs I would vote for anyway.

June 25, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  102. Armandina Solis

Not a chance!! I was really excited when I first heard about her but then she opened her mouth and that was it for me. No thank you!!

June 25, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  103. Craig Ballantyne

I would not use Sara Palin deliver my newspaper for fear she would get the wrong house.

June 25, 2010 at 5:55 pm |
  104. Jack

My decision to not vote for John McCain for president came when I heard her speak for the first time, as his running mate.

June 25, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  105. Terry Hui

Vote for candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin. What you kidding me.

June 25, 2010 at 5:56 pm |
  106. Tina Stockton

No way would I vote for anyone endorsed by Palin. She is simply selling herself by keeping herself in the limelight in the hope of somehow being elected to another office. It says much about her in that she quit as Governor of Alaska so she could make money. Greed is certainly a motivator for her isn't it?

June 25, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  107. Bob in Kansas City

Her endorsement means nothing to me.....I wouldn't vote for anybody seen in the same room with her.

June 25, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  108. bobcat1a

an endorsement by Sarah is indeed the kiss of death. I would vote for a yellow dog before anyone she endorsed.

June 25, 2010 at 5:58 pm |
  109. judeimo

The woman has done absolutely nothing to gain my respect, so if she is campaigning for someone, that alone would immediately raise a red flag. This country needs serious, intelligent people who want to resolve problems, not partisans interested only in stirring turmoil and further dividing the electorate.

June 25, 2010 at 5:58 pm |
  110. Graham Jura

I would vote for any candidate she endorses, Jack...because if she's endorsing them that means the candidate is NOT HER.

June 25, 2010 at 5:58 pm |
  111. Brian

Hell no! I couldn't vote for a candidate endorsed by someone who couldn't finish their own term as Governor just to go into seclusion and try to stay in the political spotlight through social media and Fox News.

June 25, 2010 at 5:58 pm |
  112. Eric

Question: Would you vote for or against a candidate who was endorsed by Sarah Palin?

Answer: Not only no but HELL NO! She is qualified to run a Bowling Alley and that is a stretch.

June 25, 2010 at 5:59 pm |
  113. Jim Bane

Jack, a Palin endorsement would poison the well of any candidate I was leaning toward. She's doing to Republicans and Tea's what Jesse Jackson did to Democrats for so long, helps in the primary but gets you crushed in the general election.

June 25, 2010 at 6:00 pm |
  114. Jack in Des Moines

It would depend completely on the candidate and not at all on what "the polls" say. I used to work for one of those polling companies, and I know how they are done. Anyone who believes anything the polls say will believe anything.

June 25, 2010 at 6:01 pm |
  115. Chris

I would call a Sarah Palin backing political suicide. I would not vote for someone backed by her because it displays extremely poor judgement on behalf of the candidate.

June 25, 2010 at 6:01 pm |
  116. Andy D

It depens if the candidate can see Russia from their bedroom, of course not! She's. A good joke that os no longer funny!

June 25, 2010 at 6:01 pm |
  117. Barleyman

If she backs a candidate, it gives me the perfect information I need to vote for the other candidate.

June 25, 2010 at 6:01 pm |
  118. Brian

Jack,

If I were running for president and Sarah Palin endorsed me, I wouldn't even vote for myself. In fact I'd probably withdraw from the race and then promptly jump off a cliff.

Brian
    Boise, ID

June 25, 2010 at 6:01 pm |
  119. Chris McCoy

"Would you vote for or against a candidate who was endorsed by Sarah Palin?"

Does anyone consider being endorsed by a mean-spirited, dogmatic half-term quitter a positive; other than Tea-party groupies?

Why would her endorsement hold any weight with real Americans that have to work for a living and can't just quit their jobs half-done for lucrative book deals and speaking engagements? She has accomplished exactly NOTHING

June 25, 2010 at 6:02 pm |
  120. Ron from SC

Jack, an endorsement from Palin is the kiss of death. Why would anyone want her to endorse their run for office? She brings nothing to the table. She quit her Governor job half way though, was on a failed GOP ticket and hangs around with a fringe wacko group called the Tea Party. The only thing that is continuing her 15 minutes of fame is the media's insistence that she deserves coverage which she doesn't.

June 25, 2010 at 6:03 pm |
  121. vriley

I wouldn't vote for anyone that Palin endorses! First off I'm a liberal and don't believe in most of the Republican party, people say they are scared of Obama, then they should have been terrified of Bush/Cheney or McCain/Palin. She runs her mouth and yet is clueless on what she is speaking about and shows no interest in educating herself about the topics that she is discussing, thus looking like a dumb a–!!

June 25, 2010 at 6:04 pm |
  122. Mike N

Hanover, PA.

I would be completely unconcerned with a Sarah Palin recommendation. I don't care whom the lady across the street votes for, and she is every bit as qualified as Sarah in matters of domestic or foreign policy.

June 25, 2010 at 6:05 pm |
  123. Tim in Texas

Generally endorsements mean nothing to me, but in this case I would make an exception. Palin extolls ignorance as a virtue rather than a vice. She misrepresents truth or worse – outright lies. Her tactics are not to support or present policies, but to use disgusting innuendos against those she opposes. I would walk over broken glass to oppose anybody she supports.

June 25, 2010 at 6:06 pm |
  124. Scott

If she's south, I'm north. If she's right, I'm left. If she's a viable canidate, I'm embarassed for America.

June 25, 2010 at 6:06 pm |
  125. T.Williams

No way would I vote for anyone endorsed by Sarah Palin! She is
    only looking out for herself and her endorsement wouldn't mean
    anything.

She's coming to our city to speak tomorrow night and I was offered a free ticket. "You betcha"...I turned that down!

June 25, 2010 at 6:06 pm |
  126. Ann from Charleston SC

I would be inclined not to vote for the candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin. However, I took other factors into consideration when voting for Nikki Haley in the Republican primary here in South Carolina. First, the men who claimed an inappropriate relationship with her were just causing mischief, and I was voting for her because of them. Secondly, I figure the Republican candidate will win in SC, and I thought she was the best of the bunch. In the run-off, I felt that voting for her opponent would be like voting for Rush Limbaugh. Sarah Palin's endorsement gave me pause, but I thought these other issues were overriding.

June 25, 2010 at 6:06 pm |
  127. Smitty

I was so happy when Salin Palin came to Boise Idaho to endorse Congressional canidate Vaughn Ward and he lost. We are a republican State so what does that exactly say about Sarah Palin. All I can say is once a star now a fake. I myself can not stand her and I would tell that to her face if I had the chance. Stay out of policitcs and eveyone else's business. You have plenty of duty laundry yourself to take care of. Leave politics to the big boys. Even Hilary Clinton would make a better women president. I am from Idaho but I am a true democrat. Goooo Obama

June 25, 2010 at 6:07 pm |
  128. arias002

Would I vote for someone Sarah Palin endorsed? No if they are a serious candidate why would they seek her endorsement. I want smart thoughtful candidiates who have done their job not, the half term governor

June 25, 2010 at 6:07 pm |
  129. frank salamon

Several months ago I saw a Palin bumper sticker in a parking lot and a thought popped into my mind. That thought was that someone who would vote for Sarah Palin would vote for a toad. My thought is not different today. Sarah Palin is an idiot!

June 25, 2010 at 6:07 pm |
  130. mccrock

why would anyone want to be backed by Palin after she gave up her governership?

June 25, 2010 at 6:08 pm |
  131. Melissa

I am NOT a Palin fan, never have been. But deciding who to vote for should be based on the candidate and their position on the issues not just their endorsements. An endorsement is just one of many things to consider. It's foolish to be so knee-jerk and simple when it comes to voting. Again, I am not a Palin supporter, but we have so many problems that we need to put a lot more thought into our politics than this question suggests. We need to be smarter than that.

June 25, 2010 at 6:08 pm |
  132. Mac

I would absolutely vote against that candidate. A candidate who wins her endorsement is a candidate who supports the same wacky policies as she does.

Denver, Colorado

June 25, 2010 at 6:08 pm |
  133. Gregory Tripp, Mechanicsburg, PA

If I had no intention on voting, Sarah Palin's endorsement of a candidate would be enough to motivate me to go to the polls during a tornado warning to cast a vote for that person's opponent. To me, Sarah Palin represents all that is wrong with America and politics. More than that, Palin's rhetoric is like calling out "fire" in a crowded theater. It is full of hate and bigotry and serves only to inspire the most contemptible of human emotions. If it were up to me I would place a ban on her appearances and make a list of those who would see her as a watch-list for potential domestic terrorism.

June 25, 2010 at 6:09 pm |
  134. Tom Biddle

I would run so fast and so far away from any candidate endorsed by Palin that not even someone in a helicopter with a high powered scope rifle could get me!

June 25, 2010 at 6:12 pm |
  135. David in Vancouver.

Jack you and all your very liberal media pals seem to forget that cbs poll in aug 2007.Only 29% of Americans in it thought Obama was qualified to be POTUS.Hillary was crushing him in all the polls and Romney was the GOP nominee.Look how that turned out.So keep quoting your polls and keep trying your hardest to disqualify Palin.Just remember this,how fast things can change in a debate or 2.Also with 25-30% support you all know this.Thats a huge # in the GOP primaries,where the field of candidates is spread out over many rivals.If she is in the top 3-5 has #s in the 20s among republicans she has a decent chance of winning.Lastly I will add in midterm races where voter turnouts low.Palin supporters will show up in force all of them.Thats another factor you all know quite well.So please save your polls untill 2012 ,they mean squat right now just look at history.

June 25, 2010 at 6:12 pm |
  136. Rob

Her folksy, ditsy euphemisms are embarrassing to say the least! Could you imagine what the rest of the world would actually think about America if she ever got elected for President, or even Vice President. We don't need to skim so close to the bottom of the barrel for real nominations. Besides, when staffers have to give you notes on what to say and you have to write it on your hand... you don't fit the bill.

June 25, 2010 at 6:12 pm |
  137. Johnny Ringo

I wouldn't send that woman out for coffee. She'd mess up the order and blame it on everybody else, from Starbucks, to the server, right down to the farmer in Columbia.

June 25, 2010 at 6:13 pm |
  138. chris brown fl

i'm not sure but if they told me it was snowing iwould sure look out the window

June 25, 2010 at 6:13 pm |
  139. Jeremy

I wouldn't care who endorsed a candidate.. I always judge a candidate on their own merits and faults before making my decision.

June 25, 2010 at 6:14 pm |
  140. Warren Shepell

Your question is not serious, is it?
    If it is, the world stage will be just that – a comedy in the highest degree fit for the lowest and poorest TV sitcom ever made – if she would ever be nominated to be a candidate.
    The Democrats would be handed a victory before the campaign even begins.
    Palin is a novelty and captures a unintelligent and sheep mentality moment that most Americans would best like to forget.

June 25, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  141. Fred in L.A.

Well Jack, she has a better record of getting her endorsements elected than our president. So I would say she's getting the job done.

June 25, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  142. Susan Ayala

Jack – The mere fact that you are using Sara Palin's name in the
    same sentence as "president" shows how low we have sunk.
    Nothing is sacred – but then, maybe it never was!

PS
    Jack have watched you for years. This is my first email to you.
    I love you. You are the "real deal". Not too many of those around
    any more.

June 25, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  143. Tom Crawford

As these are primaries, Jack, you, the candidate, want Sarah Palin's endorsement to get as many conservative extremists to vote for you as possible. As many states allow crossover voting in primaries, where Donkeys and Elephants can vote for the worst of the other party in hopes of winning in November, Sarah 's endorsement is probably a good thing for that candidate to get the wackos to vote for them while the mainstream Rebublicans try to get a redical Democratic on the ballot.
    This is a news story for October, Jack, not June. But I applaud your clairvoyance in bringing it up four months early, and I look forward to feeling the sense of Deja Vu in the fall when I read this article again.

June 25, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  144. Ken in NC

A vote for a candidate that has a Palin endorsement would be like having a very real generic nightmare. NO.

June 25, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  145. Edukateu

It depends on the candidate and the issues at hand. I am not a big fan of Sarah Palin. I never rely on her judgment. I always rely on my own.

Signed,

Stop blaming Obama for the Oil Spill

June 25, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  146. Matt

It would be a cold day in hell before I voted for anyone she endorsed. She is everything that is wrong with this country.

June 25, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  147. Jack - Lancaster, Ohio

Jack:

Yes I would. It would mean that they can only do political things like,
    conive, weasel, perform political machinations, lie, cheat, steal, and not be able to do any legitimate labor intensive civilian job. Oh wait, they could still be an MBA, honorary degree even !

148. J. Harper

It depends on the candidate's positions. Palin is irrelevaent.

149. Carla

Most decidedly NO I would never vote for someone that actually believes Sarah Palin does anything but speak snippets for sound bits – she is completely illogical and in short scary.

150. Patrick, Seattle

I would rather vote for Mickey Mouse.

151. David A Whitaker

Jack help me out please put this on the air Just Tell Sarah Pallin to just Please go away

152. Jeremy Smith

Against, passionately, and would encourage all who can hear me, to do the same.

153. Marty W.

Palin won't be endorsing any Democrats, so I don't have to worry!

Marty
    Springfield, IL

154. DBradley

Since you are running this poll, it shows she is a very viable force. The losses by those she did not support obviously create a threat, especially when CNN has a poll to create energy against her.

Perhaps she is more of a factor than I realized. I voted for Obama in 2008, but can't support the current leadership in Congress or the White House.

This type of attempt to steer voter opinion is becoming very common in video, print, and online media. It explains why blogs are replacing journalists.

155. Tomas - University Place, WA

A Palin endorsement would make me NOT vote for a candidate.

156. mitch from calif

not that i like palin but she couldnt do any worse than obama.

157. Vicki Glantz

Absolutely not!

158. john

If I were ever to vote for someone Ms. Palin endorses, it would be for a candidate running for a non paying office that requires little or no sound judgment skills. Just knowing that she endorses any candidate would make them suspect for me and label them as kindred spirits, likely to exhibit the same poor reasoning skills and lack of general awareness that Ms. Palin showed in the last general election. As far as I am concerned she should stay out of the limelight and stop shamelessly lining her pockets with the gold of the gullible and misguided that still believe in her.

159. Millie

Are you kidding? I can't support anything this "lady" supports!

160. Kirkland

I'd vote against....twice!

161. Patricia,Grass Valley, CA

Her voice is like fingernails on a blackboard, but when she supports someone like Carly Fiorina who nearly decimated HP. you know she's ill informed. Will this annoying woman ever go away? I wish the media would ignore her.

June 25, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  162. Jeff B.

Are you kidding? Is this some sick comedy? If Palin was endorsed by Ronald Reagan himself, I wouldn't vote for HER. What kind of a joke is it if Palin endorses someone? She has done absolutely _Nothing_ to earn any credibility whatsoever. Except quit as Governor of Alaska. I'd prefer a Magic 8-ball over a suggestion from Palin.

June 25, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  163. Pi

Against, against, against! I'd rather not vote at all than find myself in the same camp as Sarah Palin.

Sarah
    Denver, CO

June 25, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  164. thomas h. gasiewski

she appears to have the intelligence of an electric fan...are you kidding me with her endorsements?

June 25, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  165. Dan E

Even if my life depended on it!!

June 25, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  166. kit baker

You bet I would vote for a candidate Palin endorses. Sarah Palin is a no nonsense speaker who knows how to connect with regular people about their problems. Something I can not say about the bunch of monkeys we now have in Congress!

June 25, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  167. william

yes nodoubt i would vote for her

June 25, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  168. Cliff Glass - East Rockaway, NY

Jack,

My general rule is not to accept an endorsement from anyone who writes their autobiography in crayon.

June 25, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  169. James, Charlotte, NC

Jack,

If I get paid to vote for the person Palin endorses and make an estimated $12 million too, why not.

170. Alex

Sarah Palin is a joke. Not only did she sway independents like myself from voting for McCain, she has alot become the posterchild of hypocricy, from screaming "drill, baby, drill" to nagging about media coverage and then becoming a paid commentator for a news network. Sarah Palin supporters have no clue, and she is a drag on the GOP!!

171. Elizabeth

I would NEVER vote for any candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin. She is totally unqualified for any public office, even dog catcher.

172. Ron in Charlotte

Voting for Sarah Palin is what I call selecting a quick triggle response type of person. No pun intended since she is a big afficienado of guns and gun toting. On her response to Drill Baby, Drill, however, I would draw the line as to my selecting her as a candidate to NO, BABY...NO!!!

173. Sandy Reetz

ABSOLUTELY NOT!
    Since she is the exact opposite of everything I believe in, politically, I would shun anyone she supported.

174. Sabine

No, Sarah Palin is not qualified for this job. Sarah Palin is only interested in herself.
    She did not even finish her job in Alaska – what does that tell you????

175. Jose E. Lopez

According to the U.S. Constitution, she is qualified.

176. bart yuma,az

Jack ,would you vote for are against drilling easy decsision now if you ask me

177. Torrey Breath

There is no way that I would support any candidate that was endorsed by Sarah Palin. Not only that, but if she were to run and win in 2012 I would pack my bags and head north for Canada.

178. Jesse Warren - Port St. Lucie, FL

Absolutely would vote for who she endorses. Why? How's this Obama thing working for you all now? What you don't seem to get is that she represents the people (where have I read that before? Maybe the constitution). All the res including democrats and republicans represent their hold on power for themselves. Whether you think she is qualified or not many of us do and WE VOTE.

179. Jason P

Receiving and accepting Palin is akin to approval by the tea party – i'd vote against.

180. John

Jack:

Palin's opinion on any subject doesnt affect me at all. I simply choose to ignore her.
    Of course, in full disclosure, I feel much the same way about Obama.

181. Tony Avila

I would vote for a swill hog before I would vote for anyone endorsed by Palin. She is a dumb redneck and really quite evil.

182. Delia, Katy, TX

I don't care if she were endorsing cereal - I wouldn't buy anything she was trying to sell. She's a ditz. Thus, I would never have had her representing our country.

183. Richard

People that like Sarah Palin prove the theory that Rush Limbaugh bobble head dolls live among us. Like a disease they are hard to kill but for the good of society we can all hope they commit suicide.

184. Ed

I would vote against a candidate endorsed by Palin

185. Ryan

I would vote against any candidate Sarah Palin endorsed for the sole reason that everything she and her candidates stand for represents what is wrong in America. Everything the Republican party has been proposing is for giving the rich more money, despite the middle class and lower classes being the majority and needing the help. What America needs in this economy is stimulation and the rich bigotry that is represented by the Republican party fails to produce that. As long as that party feels that Bush economics will work, and Sarah Palin supports it, I will do my best to vote against and get others to vote against such policies and candidates.

186. kim stewart

yes I would consider a candidate that sarah endorsed... I believe Ms. Palin to be an asset to the republicans..

187. Bobby

No way They do not know that they are doomed just as she is!

188. Valdar

NEVER!

Well, let me change that, perhaps, just perhaps, if her witch hunting pastor friend laid hands on them, then perhaps..... Internationally, Palin is such a JOKE to and for the USA.

189. Mike, Albany, CA

The half-term halfwit from Wassila is manifestly unqualified to do anything other than mangle the English language beyond recognition, shamelessly tell fibs (death panel, climate change) and promote Sarah Palin in her reporter-free true-believer cocoon.

Her endorsement would absolutely cause me to vote for whoever ran against her candidate.

190. Aloys

100 percent against!

191. CJ (Washington DC)

I don't believe in voting for or against a political candidate based on the endorsements. I believe that citizens need to cast their votes based on the merit of the individual candidates. People who can't think on their own use endorsements as crutches in the voting process.

192. Angel C.

Absolutely not! She is backing candidates only for her own publicity. How can she know anything about politics when she does not even know the primary job of the Vice President of the United States. A Palin-backed candidate more than likely abides to the same bigoted policies that Palin has. Being of a demographic that Palin despises, I would absolutely not vote for a candidate backed by her.

193. Mary Streufert

I would vote against whomever Mrs. Palin supported. Her values are not my values and by extension that logic goes to her Mama Grizzlies. I am tired of the extremism in this country...no matter what the direction.

194. pete

I vote for the candidate who I feel is the best and represents my point of view. Coincidentally, Palin's point of view is closer to mine. BTW get over your obsession with her, she is not a candidate.

195. Ali

No, anyone who is fine with being politically associated with Sarah Palin is short minded of what is good for America, and at the least good politics.

196. T. Coyle

Not on your life!

197. Theresa Henrekin

If Sarah endorsed a candidate that's it for me–Kiss of death!!–No vote from me–Actually it would inspire me to campaign hard to make sure that person did not get elected!!–

198. Susan from Idaho

I wouldn't back anyone Sarah Palin was stumping for. She has no knowledge in world affairs or what our country needs. She reminds me of the mad hatter in Alice in Wonderland. Let the idiots fall for her crap I am not interested.

199. Obi

No, I would never vote for a candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin. Indeed if I were a politician and Sarah Palin offered to endorse me, I would refuse. She comes off as not being very knowledgeable about the issues and that is not a characteristic any politician should want to be associated with.

200. IndependentinNH

This is an open invite to Sarah Palin to come campaign in NH. I would love to see the Democrats sweep the state. "Sarah Palin Come on Down"

201. Calvin

I am an Alaskan and I would never vote for a Palin backed candidate. Palin has hurt the Alaskan economy with her grandstanding and ultimate failure to reach an agreement to build an Alaskan Gas Pipeline. Alaska, is strongly unified against Mrs. Palin.

202. Beryl Silver

I would never vote for anyone endorsed by Sara Palin, much less ever vote for Sara Palin. Just one look at her or the sound of her voice makes me change the channel. She should just go away.

203. Barbara Johnson

Jack, please, get a grip. Anyone who wants or needs her endorsement would be worse than the nuts we already have in DC.
    AGAINST

Barbara
    Charlotte, NC

204. Denis Taillon; NorthBarrington IL

Vote for Ms Palin?

Populous style? Yes
    Qualified? No

205. Matt

Absolutely not. And if I knew nothing about the candidates and she endorses one, I would vote for the other. Sarah Palin has no place in proper American politics. I really don't understand how so many people rush to accept Sarah Palin as legitimate and take her endorsements and trustworthy. She is full of ignorance and to follow her or trust her is just plain idiotic.

206. toyota4life

yes I would vote for her. She is s breath of air speaking truth nomatter whom is offended. People like her is what makes this country great.

207. Joe from Missouri

Who can take Palin serious about anything? It's obvious she doesn't know how to govern. She can't write about any truths. She is still mired down by her short stint in Alaska and still facing ethics charges there. She wrote her book for the money obviously. She speaks (for what that's worth) for the money. Who would want her standing by their side when your political life is on the line? What I want to know is who was the brainstormer in McCains campaign that said "Hey! I know! How about that governor from Alaska?" What's her name?? Palin. She'll get you elected.

June 25, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  208. kent

People need to look back at the Hillary Clinton campaign. She used an effectively frightening ad that brought into question, "who would you like to have answer the "red phone" at 2:00 in the morning in a possible nuclear crisis?". After watching her performance since she came onto the National scene, and considering some of definitively "off center" remarks she has made, Americans have to simply ask themselves if they feel comfortable with Sarah Palin answering that phone with a cheerly, "you betcha" at 2:00AM. Saturday Night Live will have a field day with this scenario, and Letterman will eat it up.

June 25, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  209. Brian

I would vote for Sarah Palin. At least I know what she stands for. The ultra liberals can't seem to get their act together. All they care bout is ttacking evryone who does not agree with them or blaming George Bush for all the current problems. As a person who has always voted Democrat it is a shame I have to make this choice, but it is the only viable one available at this time. The Democrts are destroying themselves by not listening to the average American and catering to the ultra left.

Brian
    Spring Hill, FL

June 25, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  210. Joy from TN

Sarah Palin who? You mean the x-governor that quit mid-term and is helping republicans across the nation by charging 100K per nonsensical speech and is un-prepared to take any questions that aren't pre-screened?

Her endorsement would not sway my opinion one way or the other. I would hope Sourtherners are starting to see how little substance there is to her. By the way, I am a Sourtherner.

211. Nancy in Raleigh

Against. Anyone who would seek her endorsement is an extreme right wing-nut. God forbid we have more of those elected

212. Mixed Bag

Tough question, Jack-

Too many variables involved...including, the positions of that candidate on this or that issue, both local and national.

However, I wouldn't be more likely to vote for a candidate endorsed by President Obama...based on performance to date, I'd be more likely to vote the other way.

Thanks.

213. bart yuma,az

Jack,can we vote for a some one else that lives in the land of make belive.
    How about little red riding hood they look the same but she is a little smarter.

214. James

We all know who Sarah Palin is for and that is Sarah Palin. I'm still scratching my head as to why she is still called Govenor. She quit! period. The women isn't stupid, do you think she wasn't guided in the fact that she could rake in millions on a book, speaking engagements. She is as sly as a Alaskan fox. Is still think there is something going on between her and Hannity. The guy beams everytime her name is mentioned.

215. doris hodgdon

Absolutely not. She is a brainless fame seeker with interest only in her own personal goals. Anyone she supports would have to believe in her so I could not believe in them.

216. Sharon

I would not be inclined to vote for a candidate Sarah Palin endorses at all!!! Sarah Palin is quite devisive and vindictive. She only in interested what will benefit Sarah Palin. Who would suport Sarh Palin??? She was just found to have once again abused Alaska Ethics Law for starting her trust fund for legal costs. She was also found guilty for troppergate, but her own self appointed ethics board found her innocent after legislative investigative lawyer had already found her guilty. HER MORAL INTEGRITY IS OUTRAGEOUS!

217. Yvonne

Absolutely not! I don't believe she's well rounded or articulate enough to judge effective candidates that will represent the people; in addition, I may consider her endorsement of others when she acknowledges which magazines she has read.

218. Sonia Lake Havasu City, AZ

Hopefully people are intelligent enough to vote for the candidate whom they feel is most qualified and not because a popular person tells them whom to vote for.

219. CherylP.

To me, voting for anyone Sarah Palin endorsed would be tantamount to voting for her greed, book banning, quitter attitude, and faux religious facade used as a cover for underhanded activities!

220. John Simpson

I would and I think that she would do a better job and was more qualified than the current President. He spent under 200 days as a US senator and failed to vote in over 60% of the votes during that short time. At least she was a very popular Governor and would have wasted Obama in a debate. Tale Obama's telepromters and he gets lost in his own speeches, he even makes Bush look like a great speaker without the aid of telepromters.

221. Jennifer

Not voting for a candidate because of Palin's endorsment would be be giving her a credibility I don't believe she has earned. Because she has not gained my respect, it seems silly to give her political opinion any relevance in my decisions.

222. bobcat1a

If the republicans want to win in November, they will have Sarah endorse all of the democrats,

223. jesnap

Against anyone or any idea supported by Palin!!!!

224. HELEN DOROTHY

yes, I would vote for candidates that Sarah Palin endores.

She is a real person, expressing how we, the real people, feel about the shenanigans in our Congress.

We don't mind paying our bills, but please don't think you (Congress) have a blank checkbook...................

Most of the money spent supports big business or the poor of spirit who use the system...............

225. Kendall Brown

I would absolutely NOT vote for a candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin. Even if I were a Republican, I believe that her endorsement would serve as a warning sign that that candidate would do no less than utterly ruin everything this country was founded on. Anyone who agrees with Sarah Palin is not only unqualified to run for office themselves, but should be disqualified from voting, period.

226. David P Vernon

Tucson, AZ – In my book, Sarah Palin is the female equivalent of "the empty suit" – a person who looks good on the surface but has no real depth or real substance. Her endorsement is of no meaning to me whatsoever, because I believe her opinions are entirely without merit. Socrates said that wisdom consists of having the correct opinions for the correct reasons – Sister Sarah has incorrect opinions for incorrect reasons. It is very unlikely that any candidate she chooses to support will pass this wisdom test either, so it is very unlikely that I would vote for such a candidate. I am fed up with Government by stupidity – I vote for people who are demonstrably able to understand the issues and deal with them, not just get applause from a crowd for spouting empty catch phrases.

227. jim in Iowa

i keep telling myself that she cant be a dumb as she looks. and then she says or does something completely off balance. the problem is that i cant take my eyes off her–its like watching NASCAR waiting for the next wreck. This goof ball will be a millstone around the neck of any tea bager dumb enough to get next to her.

228. Beverly H Tatum Charlotte NC

I would vote against anyone the ignorant and extremist Palin supported. The best part about it is that so would most of America. Palin's candidates are nutjobs and are a gift to the Democratic Party. Palin has destroyed any hope Republicans will win seats and coupled with their own self-destruction in standing against the People and for big Oil, they are going to lose many seats. No one is going to vote for Palin nutjobs nor for a Party who cares more about corporate profits than the American people.

229. Karen shenk

I would definitely vote for a candidate endorsed by Palin. And as to your comment about her not being qualified for president, she is way more qualified than the incompetent fool in there now.

230. William Mann

Not only would I vote against the candidate but I would stand on a soap box in town square and ask everyone why they would vote for person that's endorsed by someone that did not even finish her term in office. So that she could wright a book and become a face for some kind of dumb anti progressive super conservative movement. I myself am fully independent and will vote on the issue not what party you belong to so I am not some super liberal just Palin bashing. I generally believe she offers nothing good.

231. Sean

I don't think it really matters...she's not the only one who might support a candidate. The only important thing is if she runs for president, then I'd worry. Personally, I think she's a kook, and I wouldn't dream of putting her in office. What would truely worry me is the intellegence of any other politician who might support her for president!

232. jacob diaz

Its hard to believe voters might still think Palin is a good candidate for anything or an adequate representative for any parties candidate. She is obviously nothing but a publicity stunt and anyone who still supports her are just disgruntled republicans who faithfully keep to their failing base. So no i would not.

233. marlene the dream

I'd vote against a Palin backed candidate – every time. In fact, I'd go out of my way to do so. It's unfortunate, I like to think of myself as open minded and objective . . . but not in this case.

234. Lora

Why would I vote for someone she endosesed? This, this woman who could not answer in an interview what she reads to keep on what's going on. I vote both ways, democratic and republican, and pride myself on being a person who votes for the best candidate, not their party affiliation. If John McCain had chosen a different vice president I may well have voted for him. His age, and the thought of that blundering idiot as our president, well nuff said, been there , done that. The republican party had so many good choices if it was a female they wanted to tip the scales, they chose flash over substance.

235. Sean

This lady is seriously underqualified to be a governor or anywhere near presidential discussions. If someone would want her endorsement, they are either uninformed or simply hoping...

Please, get the media to quit talking about her and let her fade away.

236. taxpayer101

Yes I would vote for a person she backed

237. Ck

I would absolutly vote for a candidate endorsed by her, hopefully she leads our country in a new direction by starting a new party, Republicans and democrats are on their way out we can only hope.

238. Allan F. Hershfield

Are you kidding? I would no more vote for a candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin than I would consider becoming a citizen of Saudi Arabia.

239. Patti Howard

Absolutely not. I am a 58 year citizen of Alaska and know, first hand, what a truly dishonest and terrible person she is. I would say that 1 or 2 out of 100 Alaskans think she is a disgrace to our wonderful State. We are truly embarrassed of her.

240. Mark Waggoner

Jack, good question. Let's use some basic math. On the day that W left office, one poll after another showed that 25-28% of Americans thought he was doing a good job. Geez Louise...that's one quarter of the American people. Now, here's the math. If 55 percent of the American people, according to current polls, do not agree with the actions of President Obama, that actually means only 25 percent of the open minded people don't support him. That 25-28% that would rather have had Bush and Cheney for another 4 years wouldn't agree with Obama if he had found Bin Laden, solved climate change, and found Bernie Madoff's money. Their opinion just doesn't count.

241. Gene

My final decision would be on the most qualified canidate. If it was a toss up I'm with Sarah.

242. barry

Yes for the simple reason that any one she would recommend in the primaries would be of the same intellect and therefore not have a hope in hell in November.

243. Linda Jezard, Florida

No, I wouldn't. I would consider Sarah Palin's endorsement as a vetting of the candidate. Now that I think about it, I should be grateful to her for doing the dirty work for me! Hey, Sarah! Where do I mail my check?

244. Tom

The simple fact that a candidate would accept the support of such a complete dufus would be enough to cause me to vote for a below average carp instead. However, she might be popular at a party as the entertainment if the drunken goat didn't show!

245. carl

People that believe has a Sarah Palin has real message tp present are probably ver similar to the far left. Anything is better that what we currently have. What a sad situation. Scottsdale, AZ

246. Luis Fernandez

When Mrs. Palin endorses a candidate I automatically do not like the candidate anymore. I don't want to participate in a form of Government that looks and sounds like vaudeville, wishy-washy high schoolers or totally unprofessional wimps.
    I know that looking for a Government that we can respect is getting harder and harder, however, let's not rush a crisis.
    LPF.

247. Tyler

I delight in all the criticism about blaming others and not knowing what to say on this blog, pure entertainment.

Still going strong on blaming Bush for everything wrong with the world? Check.

Obama still bobbing his head back and forth 90 degrees between teleprompters? Check.

No endorsement would dissuade me from voting for a candidate. I think it is fair ot say that if someone I disagreed with often endorsed someone, I would take another long careful look at that candidate.

248. Jeff of Peoria

The Dems hate the fact that everyone she supports wins and everyone Obama supports loses. That just has to be eating at you – Little pieces at a time.

249. jose

Palin is a very coherent person. Even when she speaks the truth and speaks on a topic with coherence, she is ignored and always put down. I believe she can be a strong president, not conventional, but after what is going on in Iran, North Korea and Latin America, she would be a better leader than what we have now-a do nothing, camara seeker and golf playing while desaster goes on in golf president-and Bush was bad then?

250. Jack in Baghdad

She is a maniac...never would vote for her...maybe u are too?

251. Dan E

NO! Even if my life depended on it. Why she is still subject for debate baffles me.

Minneapolis, MN

252. Patricia izzea

Media,pa
    definitely would never vote for anyone that palin endorses

253. Glenn from St.Petersburg

Please, give me a break. The woman hasn't made an intelligent statement ever by opening her mouth. If she wants to endorse a candidate, that's her business, but woe be unto them. Personally, I'd love it if she'd run in 2012, because it would be a "shoe-in" for the Democrats....again.

June 25, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  254. Janice Antolik

I always thought Sarah Palin was dumb. I have observed she is smarter than I gave her credit for. She is dumb and she knows she is dumb – which is why she will only gives speeches or interviews with friendly interviewers, such as Fox News. Sarah Palin is all about Sarah Palin. I would never vote for her or anyone she endorses.

June 25, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  255. Keith Texas

I would consider an endorsement by Palin the same as an endorsement by BP's Tony Hayward. Both are simply after their own interests, "$$$$$".

June 25, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  256. Jay Haynes

No, I would not support a candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin. She is a pretty, empty headed, talking-mouth, office quiter, former C student with many college affiliations. What did she get a degree in? Public relations? Journalism? I can't recall, can you?

June 25, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  257. Anonymous from Texas

Sarah Palin would not sway my vote one way or the other. She is not someone whose opinion carries much weight mostly because she does not present herself as someone informed and thought out about issues – no substance to her talk. Rather she is someone who uses heavy sarcasm and negative language to state her opinion.

June 25, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  258. Lynne Harvel

Not in a million years. Anyone endorsed by her should withdraw their candidacy because having her endorsement is an indication of problems to come.

June 25, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  259. craig

Sarah Palin and the GOP are one in the same, they ask you to not believe what you are seeing and to believe the Bush/Palin/GOP agenda that has not worked for eight years. I trust my own mind and eyes.

June 25, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  260. Denise Wagstaff

Sure I would! I think she's great and I agree with her views ...and by the way, the poll you quoted about "70% of Americans wouldn't support" ...wouldn't that more accuately be stated in this manner...
    "70% of polled liberal CNN viewers..."?
    ...and in response to the prior post, where's your kind tolerance, Greg? It seems to me that the left seems to lose their ability to be tolerant when it comes to any views that differ from their own. Hardly toleran, sir.

June 25, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  261. John- FL

Sarah Palin entering the Presidential process was the first time I've actually been afraid for our country. That someone so obviously unqualified should rise to be chosen for the Vice Presidential ticket (and have any following) makes me shake my head in wonder. I vehemently disagree with so much of what goes on in our politics (on both sides), but at least hope that those with views different from my own have the country's best interest at heart... not so with the self-serving Mrs. Palin and her ilk.

In my view, it would count very strongly against any candidate supported by Sarah Palin.

June 25, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  262. Vicki Tyler

Sarah Palin seems to be the icon for everything I dislike about the republican party. I would have to vote against any candidate she endorsed. I just don't believe she would ever endorse any candidate I could vote for. I'm in a democrat in a republican state, but I don't know anyone here who would votre for her candidates. I live in Kalispell, Montana and I can almost see Canada from my front porch!

June 25, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  263. JTmartin

If she endorsed someone that would be my signal not to vote for them. This woman is a joke. The press has made her out to be more than she is. She is nothing and never has been. Stop , writing about her and stop putting her on TV. She makes my skin crawl.
    Middle aged white men love her looks that is the only reason she has be forced down our throats. I am choking get her off the air.

June 25, 2010 at 6:27 pm |
  264. andrew mn

sarah palin is a loser! she's a quiter! she just does not have what it takes to become a leader! what leadership quits her job when things get hard?

June 25, 2010 at 6:27 pm |
  265. maring gacusana

If Palin could not comlplete her job as governor of Alaska, how can she consider any position higher than governor? She makes comments about President Obama's policies; however, she has no firm data or effective solutions. She babbles on without much foundation. She has no substance!

June 25, 2010 at 6:27 pm |
  266. Maggie in Sacramento

No way, Jack. Tonight Palin is "stealing" $75,000 from CSU Stanislaus, a public university here in California where the tuition was just raised another 5% this week. How is the university paying her such a lucrative sum, or better yet, how in any right mind can she accept such a fee? She is a money hungry monger who spews hate. I wouldn't let my daughter listen to her speak. Oh well, we can't afford it anyway as it costs $500 per ticket and we don't know where the money is going as the university just cut their scholarships for students. Hmmmm....I wouldn't want Palin endorsing me if I were a politician. Kiss of death.

June 25, 2010 at 6:27 pm |
  267. Caroline

The answer is a big NO. Do I really need to give a reason?

June 25, 2010 at 6:27 pm |
  268. Philip Sparn

Sarah Palin's endorsement of a candidate would only make me question a candidates trustworthiness. I would wonder if they too, would make very negative talking points against government spending and then go on and ask for the "big government spending" they discredited, just like Sarah Palin did in Alaska. Just look at the earmark spending that Alaska received while she was governor.

June 25, 2010 at 6:27 pm |
  269. marni mcdaniel

I would not vote for anyone she backs.It mystifies me why intellligent people listen to her, buy her books, voted for her at all, and allowed a fine man to be shot down.

June 25, 2010 at 6:27 pm |
  270. Harry From PA

Honestly, I don't think I would want to vote or deal with anything to deal with her. Of course for the reasons you stated but I don't think she really looks into or researches why some one would be good to run or head for office. For example, when asked does she read and what magazine does she read, she just said that she reads but wasn't able to say which magazine she reads. I think she just backs some one because well it makes her look good without actually knowing the person's values or morality, or even what they are about. Basically you are paying for the name, want to win an election just make sure you have a high profile character to back you up.

June 25, 2010 at 6:27 pm |
  271. Ruth- Florida

No way! the lady is crazy!

June 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  272. Marsie

I would vote against any candidate Sarah Palin endorsed.

June 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  273. Yesenia Cashman

Although I do not base my vote on any one persons endorsement, I would be hard pressed to vote for anyone Sara Palin backed. As a woman I am saded that SHE out of all the strong and smart woman in politics has the country fixed to everything she say.....she is not the brightest crayon in the box!

June 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  274. Twila S. Metheney, Morgantown, WV

Sarah's endorsement not sway me to vote for a candidate. Her favor indicates that a candidate is so far to the right that they can't be right for the people. The only thing that Sarah is promoting is Sarah. She's making money for herself and Fox.

June 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  275. Sharon McGuire

I'm from Corpus Christi, TX, and I would definitely vote for any candidate that Sarah Palin endorsed because I trust her judment. She has common sense, business sense, and good Christian values, which are the values of historical America. Unfortunately, the liberal media has taken away from her support with their liberal propaganda, which even some good people fall for. Like Abe Lincoln said, "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time." Maybe he was also right when he said "You can't fool all the people all the time," but nowadays, the liberal media is fooling too many of the people too much of the time. They make a big deal out of one little mistake she makes and ignore glaring mistakes of liberals.

June 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  276. Gene N

No! She knows nothing and is well versed in tearing down people. However, in this case, she will be tearing down whom she endorses. They get what they Wished for.

June 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  277. Richard Oak Harbor, Wa

Sarah Palin echoes complaints of those on the Right but she rings hollow when it comes to proposing solutions. Pundits on the Fox channel say she has a better record for successfully endorsing GOP candidates than Dick Cheney but that is of little comfort and no suprise. I wouldn't vote for a Palin protege from either the hardly recovered GOP or the floundering Tea Party because they are utterly without solutions other than not Obama's policies.

June 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  278. Chris

I find it funny with all these folks saying Mrs. Palin is unqualified. She has more Executive Experience then Obama, Biden and H. Clinton. And more importantly, why would it matter if she endorses a candidate or not?! Are folks that closed minded they would make their decision based on what she thinks? Get a clue and think for yourself!

June 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  279. William Mann

Not only would I vote against the candidate but I would stand on a soap box in town square and ask everyone why they would vote for person that's endorsed by someone that did not even finish her term in office. So that she could write a book and become a face for some kind of dumb anti progressive super conservative movement. I myself am fully independent and will vote on the issue not what party you belong to so I am not some super liberal just Palin bashing. I generally believe she offers nothing good to America.

June 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  280. Bill in Arizona

What I want to know is who whould want Sarah Palin stumping for them. It's a death sentence for anyone who picks her as a campaigner. Any candidate would be better off going it alone rather than cutting their chances in half by having Sarah stumping for them.

June 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  281. Ruby

It is disapointing that the media still has nothing better to do than report on Sarah Palin. A Governor who quits a month left into her term to go on to make money, in speaking engagements and book deals.

She is no prize for the Republican party. Given that she contributted to McCain losing the election, alienating independent voters.

Just as Gavin Newsom only appeals to the liberal wing of the Democratic party, Palin appeals to a small minority of Americans in proportion to 392 million living in the U.S.

I would vote against anyone Sarah Palin endorses.

June 25, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  282. DC

"Endorsed by Sarah" and "Made in China" have the same meaning to me......I support neither.

June 25, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  283. JIm

I really don't pay much attention to "endorsementments", I look to see a candidate's stand on issues that I care about..I live in rural Tenn. and voted for President Obama. Although I like Sarah Palin I disagree with here politics and generally consider her an "air head".

June 25, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  284. art in mi.

As a result of the goings on in the, Gulf, it would be difficult to vote for a candidate endorsed by, Palin. I'm pretty even-minded about most things but, unfortunately, on this one, I would have to be looking for the ties to the "Drill Baby Drill" crowd. Perhaps she could assist in reconstructing my aforementioned even-mindedness by starting over as, oh, let's say, a community organizer, and actually glean some experience constructing something worthwhile. From the ground up...

Have a good weekend, Mr. Cafferty.

June 25, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  285. jose

Any candidate Palin backs must be a very coherent person, so I would vote for that candidate. Palin usually speaks straight forward and with the truth in her point, so ignoring her points of view is not good, but it seems as if she speaking coherently on a topic is bad? But again, this country voted Obama to office, go figure. I hope you are happy with your vote-I will choose Palin any time and her choice.

June 25, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  286. Phil in Port St Lucie, Florida

If "Palen" is attached to "free money"....I'll pass!

June 25, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  287. Rick

Neither. What difference does it make who anyone else supports? But then again, I've always tried to do most of my thinking all by myself.

Maybe if more people tried.....nahh, forget it.

June 25, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  288. Doug in Arizona

"absolutely not" The woman is ill-informed, prejudiced and narrow-minded. I'd vote against any candidate endorsed by Sarah Palin.

June 25, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  289. John

Yes, I trust her, she is the most honest politician out there today

June 25, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  290. Matt

Vote for Sarah Palin? Not no way, not nowhere, not no-how!!!!!

June 25, 2010 at 6:30 pm |
  291. Rick Johnson

No, I wouldn't vote for a candiate Pain endorsed; but I am glad when she does, because it eliminates ANY doubt I may have had. Palin is a lot like Lim-blah-blah-blah and the other right wing blowhards–she is telling her base what they want to hear, and she is laughing all the way to the bank!

June 25, 2010 at 6:30 pm |
  292. JD

Against. She is a clueless extremist and you can't get much worse than that. (she is just like Bush in that respect and I hope she keeps on going because people like that only help us progressives)

June 25, 2010 at 6:30 pm |
  293. Sorit

Palin? Com'on! A good republican would stay away from her. A smart republican would try not to associate with her. Only a desperate unqualified republican would seek her endorsement. America knows Palin more than Palin knows herself. Can we move on please ? iPhone 4 has come and goes!

June 25, 2010 at 6:30 pm |
  294. Anthony / Reno, NV

Sarah Palin isn't as dumb as most people think. I mean, she's found a way to trick most of the Republican party, and even some Independants in thinking she's a proper fit for the presidency in 2012. When she speaks, all we hear is "Let's Stop Obama", even if the people of our country benefit from the reform taking place. With that said, I wouldn't vote for anyone Palin endorsed for the simple fact that whoever got her endorsement would carry the same views as someone that once claimed she could see Russia from her front yard!!! Now that's "President Material".

June 25, 2010 at 6:30 pm |
  295. Tony

I'm a democrat and im voting for Sarah 2012!

Sick and tired of Chicago-Obama corruption...

June 25, 2010 at 6:30 pm |
  296. Richard

Most of the men I know who love her is because they think she's hot. Since I think with the head on my shoulders, I would defitinitely doubt the credibility of anyone that seeks her endorsement.

June 25, 2010 at 6:30 pm |
  297. Dale Rowe

I would certainly look at any candidate that Gov. Palin endorsed more favorably than any candidate that Pres. Obama endorsed. Judging from the outcomes to date, so would the majority of Americans.

June 25, 2010 at 6:31 pm |
  298. Shannon

Sarah Palin loves our country and supports Americans' rights to free speech, a strong military (and not putting their lives or lives of civilians at stake), less government control over taxing our income and spending our money in corrupt ways, and basically everything that America stands for. I would LOVE to see Sarah endorse a candidate because they share similar views – NOT the views of apologizing for America and laws that make it easier for foreign terrorists to have the same rights as American citizens. She is a light in the midst of this sorry excuse for what is governing America currently. I want to be proud to be an American again. Hopefully we can celebrate in November when people slam on the brakes of this narcissistic, lame, greedy big-government chaotic movement that has been going on for a year and a half. It has been embarassing for too long....

June 25, 2010 at 6:31 pm |
  299. Michael Glavin

Jack
    Sarah Palin represents the Glorification Of Ignorance Movement that is sweeping the country. The unapologetically stupid seem to want to stick their fingers in the eye of anyone who thinks. Sarah Palin once rhetorically asked if we really wanted someone with a resume in the White House. No candidate worthy of being elected would ever seek the endorsement of this reactionary celebrity
    Mike from Vancouver

June 25, 2010 at 6:31 pm |
  300. Allison

no way, shes a joke.

June 25, 2010 at 6:31 pm |
  301. Corinne

Hey Jack,

I wouldn't vote for any -one, any policy, or distorted, convaluted concept that Sarah Palin might endorse.... Her contraditory policies, theological ideologies, and disturbing agendas are an insult to anyone who is not Incorporated, a lets see how much wildlife/environment we can destroy type, or believe in seperation of church and state.

June 25, 2010 at 6:31 pm |
  302. emeka

Jack,i would vote against anybody who endorses Sarah Palin, she knows nothing about politics. A Vice President aspirant who dos not know the duty & role of what she is running for in this generation , The GOP should kick her out of the party,she does not have what it takes to be a GOP member she is to dull.

June 25, 2010 at 6:32 pm |