May 13th, 2010

Do you plan to join the political rebellion this year?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

November is shaping up to be a blood-bath for incumbents.

House Minority Leader John Boehner describes it as a "political rebellion" that's brewing in America. Boehner says the public is awake, involved and irritated at the arrogance of Washington... he says the message is "politicians beware."

And he's right... so far, we've seen incumbents from both parties lose in primaries - including 18-year Utah Republican Senator Robert Bennett and 28-year Democratic congressman Alan Mollohan of West Virginia.

And there are signs that they are only the first to drop... in Pennsylvania, Senator Arlen Specter may soon be on his way to the unemployment line. His primary challenger - congressman Joe Sestak - is surging in the polls and appears to have the momentum headed into next week's election.

Another Democrat, Senator Blanche Lincoln, seems to be on shaky ground in Arkansas' upcoming primary... polls suggest she may not win in the first round of voting and be forced to enter a run-off with her Democratic challenger.

Republicans have been predicting they'll make big gains in November... but that's not necessarily a safe bet. You see, the people are sick of pretty much all the politicians in Washington... Republicans and Democrats.

Take it from someone who's been there... former Idaho Democratic Congressman Larry LaRocca says the 2010 elections will be worse than 1994 for incumbents - that's the year he lost his seat in the big Republican sweep of Congress.

LaRocca believes the atmosphere is even more toxic now... but that this time, the anger is evenly divided between the two major parties. As it should be. One is as bad as the other.

Here’s my question to you: Do you plan to join the political rebellion this year?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Jason in Koloa, Hawaii writes:
Let me be clear: if you are replacing a Republican with a Democrat, or a Democrat with a Republican, you are not part of a rebellion. If you are scrapping our current political system and replacing the puppet politician enablers who allow the mega-wealthy to oppress the masses via corporations, media propaganda and elimination of the middle class, then you might be a rebel.

Barbara writes:
I'm from Arizona and our rebellion has started. Since most of the country has decided we aren't part of the country any more, we just have to wait until we are officially thrown out, which will free us from dealing with the idiocy of all those fools in Washington.

Emily in Summit, New Jersey writes:
No. Reactionary voting almost always backfires.

Jean in Texas writes:
Jack, I live in Texas. I ALWAYS vote against the incumbent. Incumbents in Texas are only interested in the people who pay them: Big Banks, Big Oil and Utilities.

Henry in Lawrenceville, Georgia writes:
They all must go! You see it beginning and you will see it grow. The stage will be set for a new president two years later. Enough is enough.

Kevin in California writes:
Not exactly. After having voted in every election in the last 40 years, I may just drop out. The complete futility of the whole political process is overwhelmingly apparent. Red or Blue, they are both owned lock, stock and barrel by big business and the one-percenters. And the other parties tend to be single issue organizations with their fair share of wackos.

Brian writes:
I absolutely will participate in any movement that is anti-incumbent. We say Congress has a 17 percent approval rating but 90 percent get voted back in, again, and again, and again. It has to stop.

Filed under: Elections
  1. Ed Lexington, KY

Jack, do I plan to join the political rebellion this year? NO WAY!! I want my party back - my Republican party back. I'm tired of this Tea Bagger Bunch, just let them crawl back under their rock along with the Birther morons.

It's just embarrassing to be a Republican these days.

May 13, 2010 at 4:33 pm |
  2. David in Raleigh, NC

I'm voting against any incumbent who voted for Obama's stimulus package, obama's health care, TARP, and Obama's other spending packages.

May 13, 2010 at 4:34 pm |
  3. Wm in TX

Jack,

Absolutely !

Have not missed any election in the past 51 years.

No radical will get my vote. No one who toes the corporate-person line either. Am looking for that most rare candidate who will represent living human Americans and support universal heath care, fair living wages and tough regulation of our economy.

Not too sanguine about our chances. But, we try.

May 13, 2010 at 4:34 pm |
  4. Gary Bellew

Yes! Because enough is enough. People in Congress are not meeting the needs of the American People (just closed door deals). whatever happened to the buck stops here there is more red tape and nobody knows who is actually in charge regardless of what the Constitution says. Did any of our "elected reps. read It?

May 13, 2010 at 4:35 pm |
  5. Mel Bakuy - Rancho Mirage, California

Yes, I will, for sure. The only problem I have is that I have doubts about this being any kind of solution. I think the big special interest groups will buy out the new senators and the congress people lock, stock and barrell as soon as they find out who they are. Unless we have a very serious and loophole free election reform, I am afraid nothing will change.

May 13, 2010 at 4:38 pm |
  6. Brian Sax

I absolutely will participate in any movement that is anti-incumbent. We say Congress has a 17% approval rating but 90% get voted back in, again, and again, and again... it Has to stop. We cannot get to term limits or any other goals with the same bastards in office. They are selling our future for political goal... republicans and democrats are all demons wearing different masks. Anybody coming up for reelection better think about going back to school to start a different career. It's On.

May 13, 2010 at 4:39 pm |
  7. Annie, Atlanta

You bet. One of my senators, up for re-election this year, told me flat out he would do nothing to reform health care because he had to protect insurance company profits. This blatant corporate giveaway attitude is why I've personally had it with Congress.

May 13, 2010 at 4:44 pm |
  8. Linda

Jack Since I don't vote republican, the answer is no. I am happy with the Democrats that is coming up in November so far. I feel that it is safe to vote for someone that you already know instead of someone you don't. At least you know what you are getting. I always remember the saying of my mother " Be careful waht you ask for'.

May 13, 2010 at 4:45 pm |
  9. Ed from California

My federal Representatives are good, and I'll keep them. It's my state Representatives that are no good, and I'll most likely vote against them. But, not because of the lunatic "right" and their beliefs.

May 13, 2010 at 4:46 pm |
  10. Donald

As a Republican lately I have been embroiled in a political rebellion anyway by what the Democrats have done to this country. I am voting every incumbent out.....
    Don in Kailua Kona, Hawaii

May 13, 2010 at 4:46 pm |
  11. Gary Bellew

Yes! Enough is enough. Nothing is getting done. This country is looked on with ridicule and our infrastructure is way beyond it project life span.

Gary,
    MO

May 13, 2010 at 4:47 pm |
  12. Mark Northern PA

Yes and No. As a Republican I will be voting for the Democrate candidates in PA as I am tired of the Party of NO. I don't care if they are incumbents or not all they say is NO when its clear the Democrats have been working hard and doing a great job to keep us out of a more severe depression, give us more back in Taxes( highest Tax returns and lowest individual taxes since 1952) and keeping us safe while my party has been trying to polarize the country and stirring up violence and misplaced anger. So I am rebelling against my own party who has been held hostage by the right wing radicals.

May 13, 2010 at 4:50 pm |
  13. Donna from Colorado Springs

No Jack , I'm not. I'm too old and intelligent to make a fool of myself like the rest of the old geezers who march with the tea partiers, and no matter what happens in the next elections, nothing will change....at least for the good. The crooked politicians will continue to have the upper hand!

May 13, 2010 at 4:51 pm |
  14. Terrence Cain

I plan to do whatever it takes to keep any teabaggers out of office. They're everything wrong with this country and I don't want to see this world get worse than it already has. With their racial epitaphs, spoutting lies and making things up they will create real anarchy if the tea party wins in any election this november.

Terrence Cain
    Big Spring, TX.

May 13, 2010 at 4:52 pm |
  15. Barbara

May 13, 2010 at 4:52 pm |
  16. Emily - Summit, NJ

Reactionary voting almost always backfires.

May 13, 2010 at 4:53 pm |
  17. Mike S., New Orleans

If there were really a political rebellion, I might consider joining. People are just angry over the economic fallout from the Bush years and the fact Obama can't wave a magic wand and fix it overnight. The teabag Republicans are hardly a political movement.

May 13, 2010 at 4:54 pm |
  18. Greg Cox

Absolutely, Jack! The present politicians of BOTH PARTIES do little but indulge in their own self interests or the interest of their parties. In their arrogance, they neglect those whom they're duty-bound to represent...the American people. They refuse to listen to the "heart and soul" of the citizenry of the nation. We are crying for reforms that help us. They don't listen unless someone is passing money into their coffers and those coffers bulge year in and year out from the big corporations and special interest groups that also don't give a hoot about what is best for the American people as a whole. Isn't that why we elect politicians...to look out for us as a whole? Gee, what a notion.

May 13, 2010 at 4:55 pm |
  19. jimmy in greenville, nc

Yes, Jack, I'm going to vote with my wallet.......if I can afford to get down to the polls. I'll vote to throw the bums out. Then next cycle I will vote to throw the bums out that I voted in this time. There must be something to being a bum.

May 13, 2010 at 4:57 pm |
  20. Doc Price

I don't know about "join", because I've been voting against incumbents for the last 8 elections!! There is definitly something wrong with "career" politicians that spend millions to earn thousands and still ignore their constituents! I think may-be these politicians should work for FREE when they are doing the will of the people, out of a sense of PATRIOTISM. This was the way that the founding fathers handled did it when they were elected to office. When you take the money and power (GREED) out of the equation, the job of governing wouldn't be that desirable for a "career".

Doc
    Moore, Ok

May 13, 2010 at 4:58 pm |
  21. heavyhorse

vote out every incumbent and push a 2 term limit on all congressmen and senators..thats 2 terms total not 2 in the house then 2 in the senate as a follow up. Oh and make giving or recieving any gift in office a class a felony with Hard jail time...and if any of this happens tell Santa I want a pony too..Don in N.C.

May 13, 2010 at 4:58 pm |
  22. Conor in Chicago

I am currently researching my congressional district. I do not like the voting record of the Republican who currently holds the office so I have already nixed her from the list. The Democrat seems decent and the Green Party is doable as well. The Libertarian is a little nuts. The point being is I don't care if they are incumbent or not. I care if they are a quality statesperson. Let's not forget some of these folks are in their positions so long because they are actually good at what they do.

May 13, 2010 at 5:00 pm |
  23. Paulette in Dallas,PA

Yes. Next Tuesday will be telling for incumbents in Pennsylvania. Joe Sestak is likely to defeat Arlen Specter but this is not necessisarily an automatic victory for Toomey in the Fall. I want to hear what both have to say and then send the one to DC that is most likely to do what Pennsylvanians are sending them there to do.

May 13, 2010 at 5:01 pm |
  24. dan

yes i have been a part of it for the last 5 elections. i just hope people are really finnaly fed up and will help make this change...

May 13, 2010 at 5:02 pm |
  25. Overby from Melbourne

I typically vote Republican, but because of McCain's wise decision to have Palin as his VP, I voted for Obama. Now, after having ObamaCare shoved down all our collective throats, and putting our grandkids in debt forever, my part in the rebellion will be to never vote for another Democrat for the rest of my life because I don't think even Palin could be this bad.

May 13, 2010 at 5:02 pm |
  26. frankie

Don't listen when Republicans leaders and various conservatives go on and on and on about what "Americans" want, what "Americans" hate, what "Americans" fear..... I am an American who is very grateful to have an intelligent, energetic President. The one time I felt like rebelling (since the 60s) is when my government used torture on prisoners and tried to justify it. Peace

May 13, 2010 at 5:03 pm |
  27. Michael H. in Albuquerque, NM

My district swept out the republican incumbents in the 2008 elections. We installed Tom UDALL in the Senate and Martintin Heinrich in the House. And did you hear we put Barack Obama in the Whitehouse!!!
    THAT was the rebellion that swept out the incumbents. Even more republicans are leaving their seats again in this upcoming race. This is because the extremists on the the right, led by Rand Paul and his father Ron Paul, have created a climate of division and toxic hate within the republican party. All the democrats have to do is point at the accomplishments of the Obama administration and compare it to the dark toxic vacuum on the otherside to win every seat. The media talking heads will never see it coming. It will be jaw dropping.

May 13, 2010 at 5:03 pm |
  28. Ralph Spyer

I would love to see Ron Paul run for president again.His election would bring about real chang

May 13, 2010 at 5:05 pm |
  29. Dee

As long as it's free I might.

However my main concern right now is that my husband has not worked in nearly two years and pretty soon we will be destitute.

And that's thanks to the incumbents and their wealthy backers.

As far as I am concerned, if there is a political rebellion that advocates dumping ALL of the incumbents, and replacing them with some people who will work for the people instead of special interests (and filling their own pickets), yeah I'll join, and march and make calls and whatever it takes to get these guys out and some other people in.

And as far as goers, he speaks like he is immune. When I say they need to go I mean him too!

May 13, 2010 at 5:05 pm |
  30. Katja, Bradenton, Florida

Heck yeah Jack! I'm 100% behind Governor Crist

May 13, 2010 at 5:05 pm |
  31. steve- virginia beach

No, I'm going to vote rationally as always based on my Senator's and representative's voting records and other job performance factors. Both of my Senators fed me bogus partisan talking points that I had already debunked when I complained to them about their unacceptable voting records so they're fired when up for re-election. My representative refrained from talking points but only cast acceptable votes when Speaker Pelosi gave him permission to. So he's fired too.

May 13, 2010 at 5:06 pm |
  32. Katja, Bradenton, Florida

Heck yeah Jack! I'm 100% behind Governor Crist. He is going with NO party affiliation, which is what I am. Finally a politician that works for the people. Its a great, new concept! I like it!

May 13, 2010 at 5:06 pm |
  33. Linda in Arizona

I would never vote against anyone simply because they were an incumbent. That is stupid. I would however vote against anyone who calls themselves a republican. They are responsible for everything that is wrong with this country.

May 13, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  34. HUBERT BERTRAND

Everyone say yes, But we don't have enough politicians running this fall for office, It would take 10 years to clean house.But money talks, They will stay in OFFICE like always

May 13, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  35. Al Menefee

Unlike many voters, I have always chosen the person who best
    proposed to address an issue for all the people, not just a
    constituency. No; I will not join a petty infantile movement that
    utilises poor judgement of character in others as well as them-
    selves.If all elected officials worked to b enefit all Americans,
    we would not have the need to throw them all out. Stop the
    devisiveness and grow up America. Your children are watching
    you.

May 13, 2010 at 5:13 pm |
  36. Daniel, Waterbury, CT

No, I plan to support the incumbents in my state that are doing the right thing, and I plan to vote out the "nay-sayers".

May 13, 2010 at 5:13 pm |
  37. Leslie

Yes. GET OUT AND VOTE DEMOCRATS. YES WE CAN WIN AGAIN! We need better democrats not more republicans. We send these people to Washington to work together to do the business of the citizens not the corporations. They are not doing that. The republicans who still do not stand for anything but holding the congress hostage and drill baby drill. They are the main reason we are in this mess. They deregulated wall street and the oil industry, gave tax cuts to the rich and started these wars. They did not protect the borders for a decade, in fact they cut the border patrol budget. They once again are running on a campaign of fear and doom. DO NOT FALL FOR IT! They cannot be trusted. GET OUT AND VOTE DEMOCRATS YES WE CAN WIN AGAIN!!

May 13, 2010 at 5:14 pm |
  38. Dave Reynolds

What makes you think the fed up people will vote in people who are any different than the ones they already elected. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. A good politician is hard to come by. If you've got a good one, keep them. If not, keep looking.

May 13, 2010 at 5:14 pm |
  39. Linda

Are u kidding? Of course I'm going with voting every single incumbent out of office, regardless of party. What does senoriity count for? nothing here in Utah. We got rid of kind Mr. Bennett, and hopefully Jim Matheson will also bite the dust.

May 13, 2010 at 5:14 pm |
  40. Tom

I participated in the "political rebellion" in 2008 and I'm pleased with the direction that the country is beginning to take. It's going to be a long road still, but I'm NOT going to put the destroyers back into power just because everything isn't back to how it was before the recession.

-Tom
    Boston, MA

May 13, 2010 at 5:14 pm |
  41. Landis

No more Libs, ever!

Landis.

May 13, 2010 at 5:15 pm |
  42. Michael n Seattle

No Way why I'm completely happy with my representatives The probleme is with the party of NO

May 13, 2010 at 5:15 pm |
  43. Vince Cami

You Betcha!

May 13, 2010 at 5:15 pm |
  44. steven quillen

It's easy to do.....vote Liberatarian!

May 13, 2010 at 5:15 pm |
  45. Steve Owens

Yes. I have decided not to vote for any incumbents!

May 13, 2010 at 5:15 pm |
  46. Norm

If planning to "join the rebellion" means that I get to throw out all the inept, corrupt clan by Constitutional means in November, then the answer is a resounding YES.

The people are tired of living by the tyranny of a select few who write idiotic laws that keep hurting us all more and more each year. People want a reprieve from test scores, certifications, fees, taxes, inside deals and eites and we want it now.

Anyone who identifies with the establishment is about to be jettisoned at the ballot box in 2010. Those that replace them will not have an open door policy for special interests, lobbyists or influential airheads.

We want REAL LEADERSHIP this time. The people will elect honest statesmen this time, not stooges.

47. Jean-Texas

Jack I live in Texas–I ALWAYS vote against the incumbent. Incumbents in Texas are only interested in the people who PAY them. Big Banks, Big Oil and Utilities.

48. Justin

You better believe I will be part of the (R)evolution. This administration is spending our country into near oblivion. Pres. Obama is more dangerous to our country that Al Quaeda. I hope that this country can last 2 more years without going bankrupt. the only Change I have seen is the change being take from my pockets.

Justin, San Diego

49. Larry L, Torrance, CA

As a Democrat, I am angry with the Democratic leadership in both the Senate and the House.

My Representative, Jane Harman, an expert in security and intelligence has been silenced by Ms. Pelosi, and in her stead, a quiet, semi-incompetent has been installed in the House Intelligence Committee. I do NOT forgive Ms. Pelosi for this installation of weakness in the House.

Senator Boxer is just fine, and I will vote for her before I vote for Carly Fiorina.

For governor, Meg Whitman should go where he money is – off shore.

50. Ted Lipsky

Yes! I am a lifelong Ronald Republican but I have had it with both parties. I plan on voting out every incumbent because not one of these lifelong politicians can be trusted. I am hoping that they will add a Term Limit ammendment to the ballot as now it is time to get rid of all these Pork Barrel Fat Cats.

51. Joe, Corvallis, OR

No, Jack. This country's problems are rooted in bad policy enacted by conservatives as early as Reagan. Everything from deregulation to unnecessary and unfunded spending from Presidents like George Bush and Reagan himself has lead this country down a grim road. Now that Obama and the Dems are trying to fix things, conservatives are seeing these new efforts as personal attacks on them and are therefore doing whatever they can to halt progress, including stalling, lying, and fearmongering. Let the Dems do the job they were assigned by voting out the Repubs.

52. edna

Yes I do. And I know a lot of people that are with me on this. Maybe this will send a message. I wonder if they will get it.

53. BOB

The new motto for this years election is FLUSH. Get rid of them all. What have they done for me? Do they even care for the US public, NO so get rid of them in six years we can have an new congress with fear of the public.

54. Dwight

Sweep them all out a clean house looks alot better than a dirty one and right now its filthy

55. Chaney, La.

I hope the winds of change blow all encumbants on both sides out.I dont think our founding fathers had in mind career politicians. I will join the change when elections and a better choice permit.

56. Neil Donovan

I will vote in whatever way bolsters the goals and efforts of President Obama.

Neil
    Salem, MA

57. Dale

Yes Jack I plan on voting with a new slogan. If your in your out.

58. Bubba James

Yes. Career politicians = Same old thing!

May 13, 2010 at 5:17 pm |
  59. Joe

Jack,

Why should I join the anti-incumbent epidemic? I happen to like my Congressman and Senators. I think you will find the same goes over most of the nation, as it is always some other representative we disagree with. However, if you wish, I can name several members who I would love to see voted out of office. What I hate most is blatant hypocrisy which can be seen with most of the party leaders in Washington, so why don't we start by voting against both party leaders in the House and Senate.
    Joe, Binghamton, NY

May 13, 2010 at 5:17 pm |
  60. Kyle H

I will be joining the political rebellion as you call it. It is time, past time, that people start picking their sides – do you want a government that is pro-government or a small government like the Founding Fathers envisioned.

I know that my choice is very clear!

May 13, 2010 at 5:17 pm |
  61. Michael Morning

Unfortunately, it's not a rebellion if Americans are dumb enough to keep voting for Democrats and Republicans. If we really want change to business-as-usual politics, we need to wake up and start voting for third parties...they could hardly do a worse job.

May 13, 2010 at 5:17 pm |
  62. Ken in NC

Oh for the love of the old days when we could vote early and vote often. They would all be on the belt way on their way home FOR GOOD.

May 13, 2010 at 5:17 pm |
  63. Julie from Louisiana

David Vitter is our Senator and we intend to put him back in office. We only wish Mary Landreiu was up for re-election so we could get her out. She is the only thorn in our side.

May 13, 2010 at 5:17 pm |
  64. Jamie

Yes, I was a life-long Republican but I cannot tell the difference between them and Democrats. From the Patriot Act to the foreign wars to pushing debt on to our children we have lost our way. We cannot simultaneous have guns, butter, expanded benefits to every group from homebuyers to Senior Citizens and expect our currency to recover. We have to throw both parties out and get responsible people in.

May 13, 2010 at 5:17 pm |
  65. Jim Blevins

No, I joined the political rebellion two years ago. I intend to see how that works out. Problem is that the economic situation put into effect prior to that is still being corrected. Its sort of like steering a car - if you don't give car enough time to correct, your certain to go off the road.

Jim, Craig, CO

May 13, 2010 at 5:17 pm |
  66. rick

I'm a registered democrat and have been voting anti-incumbent for the past 2 elections. We the people want our politicians to serve our country not themselves.

May 13, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  67. Jay from Canada

Well as a complete outsider living north of you fine folks I feel that your gov needs a good swift kick!!
    Its been the fault of both of your parties that has assisted in placing me, a canadian in a state of vigilance for my economic well being. All you politicians in the USA give your heads a shake and look at things in the big picture, not just your own personal wishes!!

May 13, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  68. Brent

Here's the solution to the American people's frustrations: Get rid of political parties and have all candidates run independent of any party. The Democratic and Republican parties have taken two legitimate schools of thought, conservatism and liberalism, and pitted them against each other. What we have are politicians constantly fighting each. What we need are public servants working alongside each other.

May 13, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  69. Clayton from Maine

Jack, for me it's fifty-fifty. There are a lot of incumbents who seem to have the right ideas but no way to implement them because of the constant bickering in congress from other powerful incumbents who want to drown out the voices of competition with experience. For me it all depends on whether or not the incumbent in question will continue their current voting record after the elections are over, or if they'll shape up to work with the new congress. Experience doesn't always make one right. But a more important question to ask is: if we get rid of all of our incumbents, will we be better off with a bunch of new guys than we are now with a bunch of old guys? "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

May 13, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  70. Jason

I'm doing the right thing for CA's 36th district by voting for Marcy Winograd in next month's primary so we can finally get rid of the awful Jane Harman.

May 13, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  71. Claire Wallter

Smug politicians, often enriched by warchests funded by special interests, blab on about "the American people" but often betray us in favor of their benefactors. Meanwhile, voters often act as if elections are reality TV and are eager to kick incumbets off the island, no matter what. They react to attacks and buzz words in an astonishing biennial display of national brainlessness.

May 13, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  72. Julian Levant

When representatives don't care what the electorate thinks –It is time to clean house. That is what the framers intended.

May 13, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  73. Roger Sargent

Yes, but I wouldn't call it a rebellion. It's just the opposite. People like me want our country back. It was stolen from us from liberals who have rebeled against our Founding Fathers. Roger Albion PA

May 13, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  74. Steve Engstrom

Definitely! I am also promoting this in blogs, Facebook, Emails and anyway else I can think of. It's absolutely sick how noone seems to be for America anymore. Everything is about them

May 13, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  75. Sandy Anderson

Yes ,Jack i am voting for change one more time.

May 13, 2010 at 5:18 pm |
  76. becky - Las Vegas, NV

Rebel to WHAT, Jack? Like you said, both sides are lousy. I'm sick of picking between the lesser of two evils.

May 13, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  77. RON in washington state

Well jack if the tea party keeps up the good work and takes out the GOP i wont have to lets see what the DEMS do for a while

May 13, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  78. Kris Miller, Sparks NV

Incumbents have been too comfortable for too long. I for one am working to get them out of office this year and in 2012!

May 13, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  79. Jim, Naples Florida

Jack there won't be an incumbent from either party earning my vote; for that matter both parties, Democrat and Republican, can take their platforms and put them where the sun does not shine. They have failed miserably in providing capable leadership and service to the American People.

Give us TERM LIMITS PLEASE if they are truly serious about regaining my trust and, oh by the way, lets get rid of the I, I, I, Me, Me, Me, mentality and begin thinking US.

May 13, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  80. GK California

Yes, We need new blood in Congress.

May 13, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  81. Kevin Stidham

The rebellion you are speaking of will not accomplish anything. Simply voting is not the necessary plan of action needed to solve the problem that is our government. Until Americans wake up and realize this, all their efforts will be in vain. They will just replace incumbents with more incumbents. So, to answer your question, absolutely not. When someone of importance actually begins to take the correct proactive measures needed to fix our government, I'll be all over it. Until then I guess I'll watch my freedom and prosperity disappear while being annoyed by all the ignorant squabbling about our broken government.

May 13, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  82. kathy from phx,az

Why Jack!. All it will be is another day, another politician!.. Do people really think the next guy or gal will do better,especially if they change sides. I don't think so. Here in Arizona, McCain is up against JD Hayworth for Senator and who is the lesser evil? Guess?

May 13, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  83. Carl T

Definitely joining the rebellion. I'llbe voting for anyone that is not an incumbant.

I will be out of a job at the end of the month. My job is going to India.

Too bad we couldn't offsore these politicians instead.

I'm furrious.

May 13, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  84. Harry - Hatfield, Pa

Yes I plan to be part of the rebellion. I believe that Sen. Arlen Spector changed his party affiliation simply to keep his job. As a democrat, I resent this. I know he has done a lot of good things for this state but it is time for some new blood and fresh ideas. I will be voting for Rep. Joe Sestak on May 18th.

May 13, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  85. Norm

I do plan to join. I think the only way to get our government back is to vote all of them out three times in a row. After that we may get politicians who try to do the peoples business rather than working for reelection fro the day they are elected. It's criminal the way they structure bills with amendments so that they can pick out pieces as the reason for their vote depending on who they are speaking to.

May 13, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  86. Loren Piller

Yes. I will vote for fiscal responsibility. Reduced entitlements. Reduction in government overall. Return of Wall Street regulations from the 1960's. Secure borders and all Americans working for themselves and each other. The operative word being working.

May 13, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  87. Joe Bloggs

Vote them all out. 535 people of the street would do a better job then these hacks. Republicans and Democrats are beholden to their owners who run the banks, corporations, unions and by government employees.

The newly elected should have a simple mandate to break the hammerlock of the madarins and apparatchicks who really run the government. Lobbyists should be banned from 100 miles area of the the Capitol and all government contractors should be removed from the beltway by law. Finally, every agency and law should be tested to see if it works or is relevent. If it is occupying space on the books or failing to meet its objectives, eliminate it.

May 13, 2010 at 5:20 pm |
  88. Ketch

Plan to join? You can bet the farm I will! It's a sorry commentary when the old saying, "Almost any change will be an improvement" is true.

May 13, 2010 at 5:20 pm |
  89. marina whisenant

No Jack, Since I was a obamacan in the last election , I intend to stick with my democratic representative in november. I would like them to continue their work with Obama.

May 13, 2010 at 5:20 pm |
  90. Robert

At this point in time wouldn't a political rebellion be counter productive in the present circumstances we face as Americans. Lets do like the UK and let 8 people decide the political course for our country. And while were at it lets put BP in charge of CERN

May 13, 2010 at 5:20 pm |
  91. Julie from Louisiana

Here in Louisiana we have term limits. It doesn't keep them from jumping from Senate to House and vice versa, but it is still limiting. Jack, how can we get our US Senators and Reps to have term limits? I guess it would be just as easy to get them to quit giving themselves pay raises.

May 13, 2010 at 5:20 pm |
  92. Brent from Georgia

Here's the solution to the American people's frustrations: Get rid of political parties and have all candidates run independent of any party. The Democratic and Republican parties have taken two legitimate schools of thought, conservatism and liberalism, and pitted them against each other. What we have are politicians constantly fighting each other. What we need are public servants working alongside each other.

May 13, 2010 at 5:20 pm |
  93. chuck morris

You bet your booty i plan to be part of this revolution. I have been waiting the better part of 60 years for this opportunity. ( to be heard for once) I beleive they will LISTEN UP after this election..
    Chuck Morris
    ocean Springs, Ms

May 13, 2010 at 5:20 pm |
  94. b lee

Absolutely NO. I think this administration is trying to do a good job If the Republicans would just cooperate and do what is right for the country instead for their political gain. The people who are against the health care bill do not know how good it is going to be for all of us. They should read the bill.

May 13, 2010 at 5:20 pm |
  95. William

Yes I am Jack. And I'm chompin' at the bit for 2012. Every politician in DC needs to be voted out...like the saying "Run out of Dodge.

Yes Jack, and I'm choppin' at the bit for 2012. Every politician needs to be voted out, or more like "Run out of Dodge." I'm fed up with nothing being accomplished.

William
    Vero Beach, Fl.

May 13, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  96. Paul

No, I'm going to join a so-called 'political rebellion.' Until election procedures are changed to do away with the first-past-the-post system and replace it with proportional representation or Australian style elections, we are stuck with a two party system. Both parties adhere to the middle because that's where the votes are. Voters fall in a bell curve with moderates being in the middle and the extreme left and right being minor tails. Any party that attempts to appeal only to its fervent supporters is doomed to not win as the moderates shift to the other party. Both parties are very similar to one another with many of the differences being minor and merely made to appear to be big decisive issues.

This is the system we have. Until much broader reforms are instituted this is what we're stuck with, and a 'political rebellion' won't be changing it much anytime soon, unless it is able to put in those who would foster the broader reform.

May 13, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  97. Jerry

You bet I am joining the rebellion. I will vote for NO incumbent this year or 2012. The utter arrogance shown in Washington by both parties is totally unacceptable. We need a Constitutional Amendment to make ALL public officials subject to any law they pass and give them no more benefits than they give the people. No more exemptions or exceptions or special medical and retirement benefits for public service. We are creating a privileged class of rulers who have come to believe they are superior to the people. They forget WE THE PEOPLE are the Government.

May 13, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  98. Neva Martin

You bet, but I'll be continuing the rebellion from 2008; as far as I'm concerned it's the Republican Party of No that needs to be replaced. Ky. Senators Mitch McConnell and Jim Bunning have stirred up nothing but negativity - they aren't doing anything that serves the state, let alone the U. S. of A.
    Neva
    of Walton, KY

May 13, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  99. Marvin Sandlin

I have voted for the man and what they said for many years. I am tired of the Democrats giving my money away to the free loaders and Baraco Obama gettig us in a huge debt. I am going Republican for all canidates.

May 13, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  100. Kyle H

I find some of the above comments by "vote democrat" folks to be a mob mentality. Republicans did this. Republicans did that. Republicans are responsible for this.

Bologna! They ALL are! And the sooner you people realize this simple fact, the better off we will be! If you don't realize this then you need to stop watching talking heads on TV and start researching political voting records yourself.

Educate yourself and quite being spoon fed. There, I said it.

May 13, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  101. Rose

No, I like my congressman and my Senators. I would not vote for either republican running against Barbara Boxer. While I don't always agree with her, these two running against her say things I disagree with ALL of the ime. It is my hope that ALL of the right wingers, both Republican and Democrat go down in flames.

May 13, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  102. randy from Minnesota

oh yea I hope that people that have been in office for 8 or more years are out of there. its time to get some new blood in there and people that want to actually do something as a team. a lot of people have good idea's but when you say no before you listen you don't hear the solutions. both dems and republicans were on board when we went into the tank they both fell asleep at the switch. they both took the cash. now you have some clinging onto the palin train wreck or the tea party to try and get enough votes to stay in it. if the tea party is for real then take no prisoner get them all out of office. they were all in office when the wreck started to happen.

May 13, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  103. David

Absolutely Jack. The incumbents have broken this country beyond repair. It's time to get some new guys in Congress like Joe Sestak, who have a history of actually putting their country first. Enough is enough!

May 13, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  104. Roger

I have watched c span for the last few years. All i have seen is the senators tell each other how great they are, and bring up bills that stir the American people up, then add amendments that is not supported by the other side. Then shelf thebill. WE need new senators that don't owe the lobbist anything. We have taxation without representation! Enough!

May 13, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  105. Jeff in Minnesota

In researching my Representative, I have found that he has not participated in all of the ear marks nor has he voted in ways that I would call entirely inconsistent with how I would vote. However, I am concenred that he has made a career of being my representative and I do not agree with that, so I may vote against him in this year's election even though I think he's much more qualified than his opponents.

May 13, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  106. Dick in Jupiter

I will, as always, vote for the individual; not a party, icon, logo nor slogan.

I think a president should have a minimum six-year term and a proportional term increase in the legislature. The world is moving too fast for terms set decades ago. It seems as if we're always in election mode these days. No one has a chance to actually DO anything.

While we're at it, I'd like to see the Obama administration given an opportunity to prove its mettle without a major Democratic purge brought on primarily by right-wing talk show hosts. I'd also love it if US Politics could be a bit less hateful... and while I'm dreaming – win the lottery.

May 13, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  107. Flemming Andersen

Mr.Cafferty,
    Thanks for being relevant and current, Yes this is the time to show Congress that doing nothing other than hustling money for their own political career eventually has consequences, nemely pink slips.

May 13, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  108. John from San Antonio

I joined the political rebellion in 2004. As a lifelong Republican who started voting in 1960 and voted for a Republican every year since I woke up in 2004. In 2000 we elected a "conservative" president who promptly set about proving us wrong. We now have one party with two factions. The conservatives are now the religious right and the liberals are in disagreement with fundamentalist social issues. Aside from that both factions are for expansion of government and increasing corporate power. Under the "Republicrats" the middle class doesn't have much time left.

May 13, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  109. John Phoenix,Az.

Umm, let's see: My governor and legislature are enacting legislation that will probably cost my state billions, and Sen. McCain denies being the moderate Maverick that allowed me to vote for him out of respect for his character, despite differences in our politics They all lap at the lobbyists' trough so quickly after getting to D.C., it seems hopeless, but I think I'll try the jerks I don't know, instead of the same old ones that I do...

May 13, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  110. McKay Mason

I'm a a registered democrat here in Utah and was thrilled to see old Bobby Bennett get ousted by his own party. I'm fed up with politicians worried about nothing but their pocket books and re-election and I do plan on joining the political rebellion this year. In this state Congressman Jim Matheson is the only nationally elected Democrat. It's a joke however, because he hasn't supported his contigency since being in office. He voted against healthcare and it's time to say bye bye. If he's replaced by a Republican this year at least Utahns won't be represented by a two-faced hypocrit! Or will they?

May 13, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  111. Scot Walker

There should be a rating scale on each Congress. If they fail to meet the minimum requirements set forth by the public, they are all fired at the next election cycle. I am a college student, and I don't have time for any bull.... if I want to succeed, but it sure seems like our Congress people have an abundance of time on their hands to produce worthless rhetoric and get absolutely nothing accomplished. They would all fail if they were performing this way in college and they all know it. So why are they not held to a minimum standard of performance? Our country simply doesn't have time for this! Get to work people and get the people of this country back to work – Do it now!

May 13, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  112. Jeannette in Canada

Its about time to limit both Houses Politicians to two terms, back to back. just like the President position.
    But, we know they won't go for that, they have it too good.
    As an American living in Canada, I would join a rebellion to have this on the voting ballot and hear what the rest of Americans think about this.
    That would truly rot some socks, especially LOBBYISTS!

May 13, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  113. Oklahoma Guitarman

Definitely voting for conservatives and voting out incumbents. Many people I know are doing the same... Things will change.

May 13, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  114. Todd Comic

I lost my job, if no tier 5 they loose their job!!!!

May 13, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  115. Mike

Jack I do plan to join the political rebellion this year. I honestly think the solutions to the problems in the USA is a joke coming from both parties. After seeing the Man of Year with Robin Williams. He has my vote. If I am going to laugh it may as well be funny. I agree with him on voting in Congress members like jury members. At least we would not be getting the same old stone age answers from Washington and a broader view from normal people fed up with the system.

May 13, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  116. Shirley L Guy-Ervin

I am joining the political rebellion this year. Out with the incumbents and their wealthy backers a far as I am concerned. We have to get
    rid of the socialists and free-spending ignorant law makers that vote for spending, etc., without reading the bills.

There is more crime within the house and senate than the NFL, NBL, and all other sports.

They don't have the will to protect the borders, keep out terrorists, nor help the legal Mexican immigrants.

May 13, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  117. Mark Sprouse

Jack,

I've been an independant since 1984. I haven't voted for either party because their venality disgusts me. Unfortunately, things have indeed changed – for the worse.
    This year, against my better instincts I may vote democratic here in my native Iowa. Anything would have to be better than the old fool we have in the Senate right now (Charles Grassley).
    Just so that I'm clear, I'm hoping we can unseat Tom Harkin in the next few years also.
    My fear is that we'll have to do the same thing in about six years because the candidates are no better than the incumbents. I'm just so tired of tweedle-dum and tweedle-dummer. It would be so refreshing to vote for someone than against someone else.
    We miss you in Des Moines, Jack

May 13, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  118. Peggy

Well, Jack, what would be in it for me if I did join this revolution??
    I'm pretty sure you are familiar with how this whole thing works...we get upset, we vote out the current crop of irritants, we vote in a new crop. They are then bought and paid for by big business before they ever leave their district.
    Time goes by a stalemate occurs and we get upset and ....repeat the cycle.
    Until we get term limits on the House and Senate and they understand that there is work to do in behalf of the people, I will just cast my vote and continue to watch the whole thing peat peat and repeat.
    The cycle is revolting, but there will be no real revolution.

May 13, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  119. Jon

I am a part of the revolution. I support the tea party and all other conservative movements that attempt to wrestle our freedoms back from the hands of a tyrannical fed.

May 13, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  120. Steve Axne

Yes, I am voting against all incombents because I am sick of them passing laws and programs that only bendfit them and not the people they are supposed to represent. Examples health insurance 100% covered. Private planes, retirement for life even if they are only in office for six months or so. But the biggest thiing is only voting along party lines instead of listening to all the people they represent. There must be middle ground. I can go on forever, getting campain money from large corporations to make laws to protect large corportations. And then to pass the latest bill to allow large corporations to finance candidates. Sounds like Rome all over again. Now we need to take back control of the govenment.

May 13, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  121. Gary - Woodhaven, Michigan

I will vote out those who adhere to an absolute ideology. Those that for their own sake lack the courage to compromise or even begin to work with those who they may not think like.

I look for those who wish to bring people together not divide. Like Obama.

Show me a person like this and I'll vote for them. If they get to D.C. and follow the same old party doctrine, then I'll vote them out.

May 13, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  122. Thomas R. Musson

Yes, I plan to vote against incumbents this year, and I hope we shake up the whole congress. Its about time they start listening to the people, Republicans and Democrats.

May 13, 2010 at 5:27 pm |
  123. Guy from Hawaii

The Political Rebellion has to go far beyond the elections! President Obama's election was the most politically rebellious accomplishment in our Nations history. What's happened?...the mudslinging is thicker and uglier than ever. I've said it before Jack but you haven't aired it...the people in this country have more power than they know in NUMBERS. As a people we can bring the Oil Industry, banking Industry, Wall Street to their knees through MASSIVE BOYCOTTS! We need to nail them where they have been nailing the American people for a long time...right in the pocket book. We need no violence...just a common dissent among the people...and I'm seeing it more and more. We must vote...but we must participate far beyond that and be willing to give up some of the things we feel we are entitled to. Sacrifice is what will put this country back on the right path. And despite my deep belief in Freedom of Speech it wouldn't hurt if Rush Limbaugh shut up!!!

May 13, 2010 at 5:27 pm |
  124. kathleen mclane

yer darn rootin tootin !!!!!!
    the biggest reason that politicians don't tell the truth is their mamas didn't wash their mouths out with soap often enough..........

May 13, 2010 at 5:27 pm |
  125. Charles Brown

I absolutely will be voting all incumbents out regardless of party! Those who are not up for re election this November will be told to pack their bags for home in 2012! Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country! Vote these clowns out now! They have fed at the public trough much too long while wasting our resources and revenues. They don't want term limits so we will give them limits of our own! Our tolerance through the decades of their ineffiency and apathy has come to an end! Charles Brown, Hiram Georgia

May 13, 2010 at 5:28 pm |
  126. Carl in San Diego

When it comes to booting out the old and replacing them with the new, we are just replacing one politician from a controlled political party with another politician from a controlled political party. The only way to control Washington is to have term limits. Some of these politicians have been in office so long they have lost connection with the people. As a country, we need to move forward, not take steps back. Abraham Lincoln said "The dogma's of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew."

May 13, 2010 at 5:28 pm |
  127. Brian

It would be nice if we could get a new / third party involved. The left and right keep letting me down. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way.

May 13, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  128. Bob in Houston

Jack,
    I'm a liberal democrat living in Houston, Texas; every year I vote I'm considered a political rebel.

May 13, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  129. Gigi Oregon

I hope I don't rebel. I hope I'm smart enough to reason with sanity and remember which party has the greatest fault in this mess. I'm ready for a little peace and quite. I'm tired of the right wing, the liberal extremists and the internet proganda. Also, did I mention the bias and unbiased media

May 13, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  130. alice driggers

As far as the Political Rebellion........yes, our family here in Arizona are going to vote against EVERY incumbent. This week McCain has done an ad about the "Fence"...now he is for it. He was against it.
    Trying only to get votes.........Vote them ALL out. We need Term Limits.
    Would it not be nice if we all had their cushy life styles...medical...perks..retirements at the cost of the American taxpayers..........Please visit Arizona and if you are Illegal........be sure
    to bring your papers. Thank You!!!! It is about time............

May 13, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  131. Gary

Yes, I will be voting Democratic for the first time since Jimmy Carter ran the first time. Our Texas governor is running for re-election for the forth time and I think my Republican congressman is much to cozy with the lobbies and his voting record on issues that count for me stink. That happens when they stay in office to long. We need a good 3rd and maybe 4th party in this country.
    Gary in Texas

May 13, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  132. Scott Stodden

I will only join the Democratic political rebellion as I always do Jack! You could never pay me not even a million dollars to vote for a Republican, the Republican party died when the greatest Republican Ronald Reagan passed away and may he Rest In Peace! The Democratic movement and President Obama have proven time and time again that they are leaders and want to get the job done and take care of America and the American people! We are in the mess we're in because of George W Bush and the Republicans so who would vote any Republican into office is far beyond my knowledge! I love the Democrats and Obama and all Democrats so I'll be voting Democratic in 2010 as I always do!

Scott Stodden (Freeport,Illinois)

May 13, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  133. Tom Sandusky, Oh

As long as the newbe's take back what the incumbants gave themselves. We want "their" health care and benefits -or- they get what they voted for us. It should be a honor to serve in Washington not a way to get wealthy.

May 13, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  134. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Time is money to me just like politicians and unless I'm being paid it's not worth my time.

May 13, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  135. Kenneth Congrove

The only way to send a message to Washington DC is to "throw the rascals out". It worked in the Ward Politics era. Since we are up against the Ward Politics of the Daley machine that elected Obama we need to employ the only tactics left us; voting against the people that brought us this sub-prime mess like those so called problem solvers such as Barney Frank and Chris Dodd that pushed the sub-prime agenda and now are the writing the new bank regulations. That is like the wolves tending the hen house.

May 13, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  136. Erik in Alexandria

People are finally realizing that it's not about Republican vs. Democrat, black vs. white, landlord vs. tenant. It's about the truly powerful vs. the powerless. I think you yourself said it best over three years ago when speaking about Ron Paul's popularity, "People are sick and tired of the governing classes." It's that simple. The difference is this time we're going to do something about it!

May 13, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  137. Okie

It is interesting that the group that put this country in the ditch is now being touted to take over again. You give the current President a year and a half to try to bring us out of this ditch, and since he couldn't make instant progress, he and his party are bad. Reagan and Bush gave us the biggest deficits the country has ever had. Those were on the back of our children and grandchildren but this President is going to pay the price if people really go back to the party that got us here. A huge number of the jobs that have gone missing were done in the past administration. Of course we are not supposed to talk about that.

May 13, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  138. Gene from Florida

Until two years ago, I have been a Democrat since 1972. Now I am a registered Independent. I voted for McCain. With the present state of our country, I will vote out all the incumbents. New broom always sweeps well.

May 13, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  139. Mike in Ohio

I plan to vote against any republican on the ballot. The GOP stopped participating in our political process when Obama took office. Their rhetoric has been way over the top and has created this terrible atmosphere of mistrust and discord. They have misinformed and misled the American people. They've made a huge miscalculation in being the party of no. They have negatively impacted their own party by creating this far right wing movement. If the majority of republicans become far right wing radicals, they will be losing big in future elections.

May 13, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  140. Mel in Lakewood, NJ

You bet I do! This could be a critical moment in American politics. I've been waiting 20 years now for the middle class in the US to wake up and give these smug politicians in Washington a lesson they'll never forget. Our constitution declares us a government of the people, by the people and for the people not of the party, by the party and for the party. Wake up America and join the rebellion.

May 13, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  141. Alan

From Milwaukee, WI:

In a word- no. I don't see the point of all this "rebellion". Once these "rebels" have new their new leaders, then what? What's going to make these guys any different from the ones they're replacing? I mean honestly, don't they all give the same "I'm different" lines when they're campaigning? Are these new "rebels" gonna fix the economy. Are they gonna get jobs created? Are they gonna reduce the national debt and reform the healthcare and financial industries? It's cynical I know, but I suspect these "rebels" are gonna find themselves in the same spot that the so many incumbents have been stuck in since forever- trading political favor to protect their approval ratings, voter bases and big business.

May 13, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
  142. Nancy Maurer

Yes, I intend to join the political rebellion and vote against incumbents.. Maybe someone will finally get the message that senators and representatives work for the "people" and not big business, lobbyists, and special interests. The atmosphere in Washington is truly toxic and I am tired of it. Nothing gets done.

May 13, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
  143. Jesse Warren

Yes I plan to join the rebellion. I intend to vote against every incumbent. I may or may not stay in my own party but I intend that for every position being run for, to vote against the current holder of that office. Some may argue that this is too extreme but my goal is to change government and that mean everyone currently in power must go. People running for office must understand that this government is run by the people and for the people, not for what they individually want. I cannot wait for the next presidential election because Obama must go. Unless the Independants put an idiot in the race I intend to vote against republicans and democrats alike. I'm 65 years old and supported the republicans in every election unless they were for gun control. No more republic and and definitely no democrats.

May 13, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  144. larry mast

Yes Jack. I will vote against all incumbents. Enough is enough!!!

May 13, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  145. Bob In Arizona

Jack, If you try to donate to a police officers campaign for election, you go to jail. But these politicians take money from lobbyist and call it good government. It is time to elect officials that want the best for the people of this country, before anyother country, group of people, or corporation. Take care of us, the U.S. Citizens first.

May 13, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  146. 2010 Constituent

Jack you make it seem like the 2012 doomsayers and the birthers who the equivalent of those 527's and so on. Well rebel is too right wing sounding. Maybe 'under new management' might work (remember 1994) but in reverse, go democrats through the bums out, including in Arizona.

May 13, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  147. Nancy M., Tennessee

Democrats out and Republican in. Never ending cycle that doesn't do any good. We think we are voting in change, but we get the same results because the real competition is between the voter's wishes and campaign dollars. If we limited the amount that a person can spend to get elected, then the campaign funds would not be running Washington.

May 13, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  148. Hans Glarner

I'm voting every incumbent out. I'll remain democrat though, because I feel they are at least trying whereas republicans remain the party of "NO" through deepseated partisonship for purely political reasons.

May 13, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  149. Jen in Nevada

Republicans and Democrats have taken turns playing Good Cop /Bad Cop too many times, we are tired of games and political footballs.

Main Street/ Small Business interests need to be higher on the list of priorities. Government has allowed Big Business to craft Main Street “solutions” which turn out to profit few and drain away tax payer money from things that matter to us, like infrastructure, social security, education, etc. ( A.K.A. our Standard of Living, quality of life).

This doesn’t feel like the “Land of Opportunity” it used to be (for the average citizen). Who can you trust anymore when you apply for a loan?

May 13, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  150. Rosie

I plan to vote out incumbents only because they have been in office so long, that they think they are entitiled to this position. They stopped listening to the people so long ago. Many forget w3hy they went into poitics. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL OF HER PEOPLE.

May 13, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  151. Adrian G

Jack,
    We the people are sick of the political incumbents who are in the pockets of well-heeled lobbyists. It is time to vote for terms limits for senators and congress-persons. Let us stamp out the morally corrupt practices of large polical contributions from large corporations and interest groups. Make the politicians do the leg-work to reach the people and confine their solicitation to individuals whose contribution is capped at $100 per voter. This way, each politician's coffer will be more representative of his/her voter support.

God bless America, Adrian G.

May 13, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  152. luva pendarvis

Jack, I will vote against some of the incumbents and will carefully look at the ones that I might vote to keep, It will depend alot on who is running against them. I'm tired of 'no' sayers, uncooperatives, those trying to bring our president because he is black, and more things that is wrong with congress. Just to say throw everyone out is reckless you could get worse. Check out each candidate carefully before you vote and push for term limits

May 13, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  153. John

The political and commercial [rebellions] of the United States are not merely food for laughter, they are an entire banquet.
    – Mark Twain in Eruption

May 13, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  154. Jim

Jack,

Sure, I'll vote against incumbents if I can be sure I can get something better. Problem is, I don't know who that would be. It sure isn't Sarah Palin or those of her ilk. The Tea Party crowd doesn't exactly impress me with their intelligence, so I won't be taking any of their advice. Oh heck, maybe I'll give those incumbents just one more chance.

Jim
    Reno, Nevada

May 13, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  155. Kyler from Minnesota

No, I do not agree with what politicians want to state are the failures of our current government. I see areas where things could improve; however, with the given circumstances I do not think our current administration could have done better. Given the recovery they set out to undertake, I knew it was going to be a muddy travel, and not an instant arrival. Before I agree with the government opposers, I need them to stop basing "facts" on rumors or twisted logic refined and fueled by exageration to direct the ignorant to vote. So, I choose to educate my vote, and not follow sheepish "Tea Partiers".

May 13, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  156. John-from Oakland

No, there are already enough "rebellers" go go around

May 13, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  157. lynnej from NC

I plan on voting with common sense. I already know that the Republicans in my state aren't going to do anything to make my life better. They've all voted "NO," like always instead of finding common ground to fix the problems at hand. So if I ready know what they're going to do for me, which is nothing unless one has millions of dollars and/or votes Republican, why would I vote for them? They haven't given one reason to do so. And the fringe tactics and the Arizona mess hasn't helped either.

May 13, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  158. AJ

Yes I plan to not vote for any incumbent. I have written to my House Representative and the 2 Senators. I told them I was unhappy with the way they have represented me and worked with the President. Only one had the courtesy to respond to my letter. I did not vote for President Obama. However, I see this man trying to do what a president should. I see the congress as lazy, inept, greedy and children in adult bodies debating with each other with no intent to solve the problem. They are blowing hot air only. And because of their selfishness they have become a roadblock to what our President Obama has tried to do. It doesn’t matter if they like our President. He is our president and they need to quit playing word games and actually go to work. Since I don’t think they will change my only solution is to remove these people from congress and elect some new and willing representatives. It is about time we the people wake up and get rid of these useless congress members

May 13, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  159. Palin Power

The rebellion will completely succeed when this country installs Sarah Palin as our next and greatest President of all times. She will clean out the corruption in our government and restore the democratic republic to the American people.

May 13, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  160. Brian (From Chicago)

No Jack. People are voting against something and don't know exactly what they are voting for. I think we are going to have a congress full of half wit freshman politicians that are going to vote against everything and get nothing done. It will be kaotic, like the first day of kindergarden with no teacher in the room. And our government is destined to be frozen for years until people learn to work together again.

May 13, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  161. jeff

Heck, no! I'd rather have a crook I know than one I don't!

May 13, 2010 at 5:50 pm |
  162. Deborah

Hey Jack,
    How ya' doin'?
    I joined the revolution in the last election. I voted against all incumbents & for independent candidates when given that option. `Still standing on my little soapbox...
    Take care,
    Deb

May 13, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  163. Bob

I am an ex-democrat and now an independent. Just like CNN said the Democrats are after the minority vote, the hispanic vote and the liberal vote. Well good for them because they are not getting my vote. Those who run and are for supporting our Federal and State laws get my vote. I am tired for pushing 1 for English. I would vote for the governor of Arizona in a flat minute if she ran for president. God, even CNN has photos of the day in Spanish. There is just no end to end and with 4 million a year entered the U.S. ILLEGALLY we will have another 40 million in ten years just so the Democrats can get the Hispanic vote. Time to vote them all out.

May 13, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  164. rk

Boehner, mitch his leader, and the republican party knows nothing except using fear, and words that invoke uprising like ,rebellion. I'm 57 and I enjoy a good debate, but to use fear, hate, and their unwillingness to help yhis country, well, it's a black eye for their party.

May 13, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  165. Tom {Indiana}

i see people going to vote the incumbents out and voting the same type of politician in. I don't see why voters need to change the politician when the same politicians coming in. We need to change the voters ,starting the tea baggers.

May 13, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  166. ronvan

I really don't know Jack. Guess if I do it will be for the 1st graders, as they SHOULD be a little smarter than the Pre K. Now that I think about it now sure about that either. They are all children!

Van / Columbus, GA.