April 2nd, 2010

How would you describe your dream job?

ALT TEXT

(PHOTO CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES)

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

If you could have any job, what would it be?

An Irish travel agency is offering the latest in a series of dream jobs.

Get this: The company RunawayBrideAndGroom.com is looking for "honeymoon testers" - a couple willing to travel around the world for six months and get paid to test out the most romantic wedding and honeymoon destinations.

More than 1,000 couples have already applied.

The so-called job will send them to resorts in Africa, Europe, Asia and the U.S.

The winners will have to blog about their experiences... and write for the Irish Times once a month.

The job pays around $27,000.

The deadline is April 7th... so you still have a few days left to apply.

Australia's tourism bureau started this whole dream job craze last year... when it was looking for someone to fill the so-called "best job in the world."

The winner made $140,000 to spend six months on an island in the Great Barrier Reef and blog about it.

The tourism agency got more than 34,000 applicants... not to mention tens of millions of dollars in free publicity.

There have been other similar campaigns too... like one in Florida where a couple was paid to spend several weeks visiting every theme park and attraction in Orlando and write about it; and another sponsored by a California company - looking for someone to be its "wine country lifestyle correspondent."

So - on a Friday evening.... all this got us dreaming ...

Here’s my question to you: How would you describe your dream job?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Greg in Pennsylvania writes:
Now that is a question that I have an answer for: A nice warm sunny day floating down the Susquehanna River, Jim on the jet motor, me on point, beer in the cooler, a couple of good cigars and a limit of walleye in the locker and getting paid to do it! Now that is what I a call a dream job. You can take this job I have right now and shove it!

Rose in Ohio writes:
Jack, Any job that gives you a paycheck today is a dream job.

Scott writes:
A job where I can do hard labor six days a week. A job where I can come home dirty, and know that I put in an honest day's work. Blue collar work is the only work for me.

John writes:
One where I do not have to deal with office politics, stupid dress codes and people who think they are more important than they are.

David writes:
I always wanted to be a super spy.

Marvin in Wisconsin writes:
My dream job now would be to maintain the RNC social calendar.

Marsha in Elkhart, Indiana writes:
I have my dream job. As a live-in for a dear 90-year-old lady, I get to stay home, keep house, garden, care for someone on a daily basis, cook, etc. It is extremely rewarding and will have eternal value.

Desert Diplomat writes:
Jack, I'm a career diplomat with the U.S. State Department. I served my country honorably in Iraq last year and am headed back for a second tour this summer. Tough work, but service to my country is my dream job, and I'm doing it.

Sean in St. Louis writes:
Working for Fox News! Oh wait, April Fools' Day was yesterday.

Rose writes:
My dream job would be to work at CNN with you, Jack, and with Wolf Blitzer. I watch CNN all the time. I like you guys. Happy Easter.

Filed under: Happiness
  1. MJ Parlier - Chicago, IL

One that allows me to be creative and physically active, that improves the world in some way, that pays me enough money. I wish I could work in a garden all day, write humorous essays by night, provide my community with healthy food, make 'em smile and to actually earn a living at it. I'm not talking filthy rich, but just enough money. Enough would be awesome.

April 2, 2010 at 12:53 pm |
  2. Olga O. Pina

Due to the economy, greed of retail renters and a terrible car accident , I just had to close my beautiful art gallery in Austin, six months before we celebrated 30 years in the business.

Olga
    Austin, Texas

April 2, 2010 at 12:54 pm |
  3. frank Valparaiso Indiana

research in CIA

April 2, 2010 at 12:55 pm |
  4. Patrick from Florida

My dream job in one word: retirement

April 2, 2010 at 12:56 pm |
  5. Jim El Paso Tx

That's easy Jack...any that pays a decent LIVING wage an has no chance of going overseas!

April 2, 2010 at 1:00 pm |
  6. tony In Largo

My dream job would be one that I could get and retire-on during a time in which there were no Republican administrations or Congress'. That way I'd be sure of the company not being offered incentives to go overseas and the money that I'd save into an IRA, handled by Republican cronies in Wall Street, would not be stolen.

April 2, 2010 at 1:04 pm |
  7. Gerry Erman

An investigative reporter exposing all the back door deals and crimes of members of the U.S. Congress and revealing the results to the public.

Gerry
    Ash Fork, Az.

April 2, 2010 at 1:09 pm |
  8. Doug - Dallas

Sitting on the beach with my wife in St. Lucia with an unending supply of pina coladas and being paid for it. Recovering from the fantasy, it would be great to have a job that paid a decent wage with decent benefits with no layoffs. I've been looking for that job for over two years since I was laid off from the last one!!

April 2, 2010 at 1:10 pm |
  9. Hugo Kijne

Your job, Jack.

Hoboken, NJ

April 2, 2010 at 1:13 pm |
  10. Eugene Northern Cal

Jack, My dream job is being the third wheel on your show and help read part of the Cafferty Report. Seriously, as a 100% combat disabled veteran, with TBI and PTSD I can only dream about working. I just hope your liberal viewers appreciate our sacrafices.

April 2, 2010 at 1:14 pm |
  11. Eugene Northern Cal

Jack, My dream job is being the third wheel on your show and help read part of the Cafferty Report. Seriously, as a 100% combat disabled veteran, with TBI and PTSD I can only dream about working. I just hope your liberal viewers appreciate our sacrifices.

April 2, 2010 at 1:16 pm |
  12. K houin

I'm doing it now. Public Affairs in the US Air Force at Ramstein AB Germany.

April 2, 2010 at 1:17 pm |
  13. Lois M.

Easy, been my dream since I was 5 - astronaut! Would love to get paid to do that - I'd pay someone to go up, but first would have to win the lottery or something before I could.

April 2, 2010 at 1:34 pm |
  14. KEN in PINON HILLS CALIFORNIA

Jack,
    For those employed, your job is a dream for others. The way things are going, consider your paycheck, those millions of jobless living the nightmare of the unemployed can only dream about.

April 2, 2010 at 1:38 pm |
  15. Darwin B Phillips

I would like to have the ability to put an end to the vitriol that we have had to deal with for the past 50 years in Politics, job title ( Emperor of Ethics) job description (legal mediator) responsibilties (mediate and deliver indisputable irreversible decision) rate of pay ($1.00 per American, annually)

April 2, 2010 at 1:39 pm |
  16. jenny

OK first off I am an employyee of the Labor Dept. I have job security if I can survive. Even if I cannot I will at least be able to pay the hospital bills thanks to insurance. So in reality I have a dream job. Secure and with great benefits. BUT in a perfect world my dream job would be an adoption social worker. As an adopted child I have always known the blessing of be a choosen child. I get very angry at people who only see two sides to the abortion issue Killit or keep it. There is a third option that too few young women are choosing. End of sermon on a soap box!!!

April 2, 2010 at 1:42 pm |
  17. Michael Alexandria, VA

If I can't have yours, Jack, I'll run for President.

April 2, 2010 at 1:47 pm |
  18. steve in florida

I'm thinking insurance CEO. $104,000 an hour for figuring out ways to NOT provide your product. Oh forgot, I have morals and ethics.
    Never mind. How about hedgefund manager. Gamble with other people's money. Keep all the winnings, none of the losses. That's the ticket.

April 2, 2010 at 1:47 pm |
  19. Jim Z..Ft. Worth...Texas

I want to haul manure...human manure from the halls of our legislatures and dump it all on those who voted them in..silly human race..

April 2, 2010 at 1:56 pm |
  20. Michelle Johnson, Lomita, CA

In my daydreams, I'm a successful free-lance author of non-fiction and fiction–all genres. With a B.A. in English, Creative Writing, I have been stuck fourteen years as a school district secretary. The job drains physical and mental energy, leaving none for writing. However, I do have a pension plan, excellent benefits, employment security, comfortable working conditions, and friendly, considerate supervisors and co-workers. So I count my blessings. I am not unhappy.

April 2, 2010 at 2:07 pm |
  21. pat in michigan

i want to be the guy who spies on fatcat politicians and outs them on national television with video and audio . How about you guys try some of that.

April 2, 2010 at 2:07 pm |
  22. Donna Colorado Springs,Co

Sitting on my butt all day and making a boatload of cash while doing absolutely nothing......like the congress does!

April 2, 2010 at 2:14 pm |
  23. John from Alabama

Jack: I would be a fishing guide and snow skiing trip planner. In the Fall, I would be the tailgating expert for the very best college football has to offer, and in the spring I can recommend the best vegetables to grow in your southeastern garden. Life is good!!!

April 2, 2010 at 2:24 pm |
  24. Dave, Brooklyn, NY

I had my dream job, back when the US was run by people who were sane, compared to today. In the 60’s I worked for a great company with great benefits. Management really looked after the employees. They even appreciated your efforts and loyalty and rewarded you with merit based raises. And your compensation was enough so that your wife could stay home and raise the children.

April 2, 2010 at 2:30 pm |
  25. Loren

Isn't a dream job an impossibility? If it were a dream, it wouldn't be a job, it would be a lifestyle. While I have no major complaints about my job, I am no different than 99% of people in that if I didn't have to work, I wouldn't mourn the event.

April 2, 2010 at 2:42 pm |
  26. Jeff in NC

Very simple Jack. My dream job would be a 2 term US Senator or US Representative. The money coming in from lobbists, my yearly salary, my retirement or salary for life and my free health care for life all for doing what I want is unbeatable.

Here we are chastising this bunch when they deserve a pat on the back for screwing us and getting away with it...they're good Jack, real good.

April 2, 2010 at 2:47 pm |
  27. JENNA

How would you describe your dream job?

I would be the boss, respected in my field, making a good living, having a number of happy empoyees, who also enjoyed what they did and believe that I respected and valued them – because I would. I would be able to offer health care to not only my employees but their families as well and would be able to pay them a good wage as well. Since it is NOT all about work, I would make sure that my empoyees would have 4 weeks vacation time off as they walked in the door as well as sick time. I would allow animals in the office as well. I would also support child care. If an employee's child is sick, they can work from home until the child is able to go back to school/day care. Also I would be closed for a couple of days before major holidays and after so that the holidays will not be stressful on the business or employees.

Jenna
    Roseville CA

April 2, 2010 at 2:51 pm |
  28. Maria

I want to own a business where I can actually pay myself a salary, pay living salaries to my employes, including pay their insurance premiums, provide a needed service to the greening of our intrastructure.

Too much to ask for? I think not.

Maria

Brunswick,MD

April 2, 2010 at 2:59 pm |
  29. Greg in Cabot, AR

Jack, I got "down-sized" from an aviation professional position last September, I don't think in terms of a "dream job", I dream of "a" job, any job that will put food on the table and pay the bills.

I am 60 years old, too young to retire and too old to hire in today's job market. Employers want someone with 20 of years experience, under 30 years old that is willing to work for $9.00 an hour with no benefits.

Do you need an assistant? I'll work cheap, cover for you on your days off....AND....make you look younger.

April 2, 2010 at 3:01 pm |
  30. Greg McCarthy

Jack,My dream job would be as an executive at a failing bank, yet i still make $1.2 billion annually whether it is from the band or the Feds and take a 1 month vacation out of every 3 months(4 per year)!!!

April 2, 2010 at 3:01 pm |
  31. Larry from Georgetown, Tx

At first I wanted your job because a person can be a highly paid cynic but then I wanted to be Speaker of the House so I could show off my stupidity and get away with it but in the final analysis I knew that I have the best job in the world today, spoiling my wife as much as possible.

April 2, 2010 at 3:05 pm |
  32. Bizz Quarryville, Pennsylvania

I always preached to my children that they should get an education and find a job that they love. I'd told them that money is not everything but happiness is. I speak from experience. For just about all my adult life I worked in a machine shop that was hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I made a decent wage but I was far from being happy. You end up bringing home that sadness and anger. The ideal job I describe to my children would be to find a job that you love. Money is important but should not be considered first when seeking a job. Instead of getting up early in morning feeling sick to your stomach and going to a job that you hate is no way to live. It dosen't matter how much money you are making. It is not worth giving up your health and happiness for.

April 2, 2010 at 3:05 pm |
  33. Paul Austin, Texas

Sleeping for bucks. How about a job sleeping and being paid six figures to do so. Then while off work I could spend all the big bucks from my hard work of sleeping and being recorded on how sleep effects me.

April 2, 2010 at 3:06 pm |
  34. ugo otuonye

My dream job? Wake up in d morning at 7am smilling rather than hissing. (Right now I wake up at 4am, don't ask me why). Subsequently conclude the last chapter of the book am writing (a best seller) and have the time to take my family out to watch a movie at 4pm and still launch my book with a bang! Ultimate goal? Self fulfilment and time for family. Family is key! Ugo Otuonye, Lagos, Nigeria.

April 2, 2010 at 3:07 pm |
  35. Tia Dallas

Happy Easter. I already have my dream job. I was lucky enough to have a spouse who let me stay home when he retired. Pay is not good but at least we can travel when we please.

April 2, 2010 at 3:08 pm |
  36. MYSTERIOUS, CHICAGO

Counting grains of sand while sitting on any tropical paradise I want, anywhere in the world, with an umbrella in my beverage, sunny skies, blue water, watching sail boats pass by, with Mr. Eye Candy at my beckon call.

April 2, 2010 at 3:09 pm |
  37. southerncousin

To be paid for giving my opinion to CNN.

April 2, 2010 at 3:10 pm |
  38. Terry in Hanover County

Cat wrangler or Congressional leader. Having lived in a multiple cat household most of my life I am sure that I am now just as qualified to lead Congress as well as either Pelosi or Reid; in fact, maybe I'm overqualified.

April 2, 2010 at 3:13 pm |
  39. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Jack Cafferty and CNN friends,

My dream job is a job where All American people Really Trust in God!

Conclusion:
    Where ever our ancestors came from,
    God is our Leader!
    In God I Trust!

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul

April 2, 2010 at 3:27 pm |
  40. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Jack Cafferty and CNN friends,

My dream job is a job where All American people Really Trust in God!

Conclusion:
    Wherever our ancestors came from,
    God is our Leader!
    In God I Trust!

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul

April 2, 2010 at 3:27 pm |
  41. Rose, OHio

Jack any job that gives you a paycheck today is a dream job.

April 2, 2010 at 3:28 pm |
  42. DON IN WESTPORT, MASS.

My dream job would be a job in the reasearch and develoment area of making new and cheap energy resources. A job that keeps you on the edge of your seat not knowing if today will be the day you make a substantial discovery that will help mankind live a more fruitful life and at the same time save our dying planet.
    The opposite of that would be a job in DC as a big wig politician who only cares about today and how much money he can make, all along making it look like he cares about the planet and its future.

April 2, 2010 at 3:32 pm |
  43. george coleman

I am working at my dream job currently. i CALL IT RETIREMENT!

George from Kentucky

April 2, 2010 at 3:33 pm |
  44. Jerry Johns Creek, GA

My dream job was my last job as a President of a company where I attained success not in Wall Street terms but in the language of Ralph Waldo Emerson: " To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to see beauty everywhere; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better either by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; this is to have succeeded. To me this is the definition of a manager.

April 2, 2010 at 3:36 pm |
  45. Rose, Fremont, OHio

Jack with the way things are today any job that gives you a paycheck is a dream job.

April 2, 2010 at 3:42 pm |
  46. Andres Saenz(Albuquerque, NM)

I would love to have a job that lets me set my own schedule, instead of having a manager throw their own schedule at me. And it would be great to have a job that lets me travel around the world and experience different cultures...like Samantha Brown!

April 2, 2010 at 3:45 pm |
  47. Lynn

I would like to hire a maid, so I don't have to do housework, grocery shopping, etc. I can sit and eat Bon Bons and watch TV all day. Sounds good to me.

April 2, 2010 at 3:46 pm |
  48. Tom, Avon, Me, The Heart of Democracy

I'm lazy, Jack. So my dream job would be money for nothing. The easiest job in the world right now has got to be getting president Obama re-elected. I want David Plouffe's job.

April 2, 2010 at 3:48 pm |
  49. Janice from DE

My dream job is yours Jack. Ready to retire yet?

April 2, 2010 at 3:57 pm |
  50. Cheryl in Bluffton, SC

You've got my dream job, Jack. Let me know when you're ready to retire.

April 2, 2010 at 4:00 pm |
  51. Bernie of Lowell, MA

I'd just love to be a Republican in Congress and spend the entire day in nightclubs, bars and massage parlors – and get paid for doing it, Jack.

April 2, 2010 at 4:01 pm |
  52. Jake

I'd say my dream job would be owning and operating a Hemp Plantation (Hemp = Leaf not Cannabis = Flower) that composts all useable plant matter into fabrics, plastics, and building materials. This would take us back to the same agricultural operation of George Washington at Muddy Hole and the colonialists like Thomas Payne who saw hemp as essential to our prosperity as a nation. This could supplement cotton fabric production, while giving us a composite material to oppose the pollution of non-bio-degradeable plastics and building materials within our landfills.

April 2, 2010 at 4:09 pm |
  53. Mr. D

Sitting in on Congress and laughing my head off at the false promises; as well as listening to the cash register ring with each passing bill.

April 2, 2010 at 4:13 pm |
  54. Sylvia from California

I am living my dream job..... I have a wonderful boss, I get to use my brain, I don't have paparazzis in my face and; I get paid a salary that puts me IN the top 2% of income earners.... I THANK GOD EVERY DAY FOR MY BLESSINGS, LIFE IS GOOD.....

April 2, 2010 at 4:16 pm |
  55. Bud Rupert

Special Assistant to Halle Berry wouldn' t be bad

April 2, 2010 at 4:19 pm |
  56. Terrence Cain

My dream job is to be a journalist and a writer, on the side. I have always been good with words and expressing myself. I love to discover new things and ask the questions no one else will ask. I'm currently working on getting into college for the first time at 27, so it's going to be a little rough on me since I haven't done any real schooling since I graduated high school back in 2001. But I can tell you, one day I will have my dream job!

Terrence Cain
    Big Spring, TX.

April 2, 2010 at 4:27 pm |
  57. Bill - upper New York state

Good question. I'd say $150,000 per year, 9 months per year, the use of a large motor home (gas and parking included, of course) just to drive around the country sampling tasty dishes from out-of-the-way mama-papa restaurants (my employer picks up the tab). I've got to do something besides burp, so I'll use my laptop to critique the menu choices for that food network and smile at the camera.

April 2, 2010 at 4:28 pm |
  58. Jim

Jack,

Easy one. My dream job would be your job. I'd get to act grumpy all the time, generate sarcastic loaded questions, be famous and make as much money as you do.

Jim
    Reno, Nevada

April 2, 2010 at 4:29 pm |
  59. Greg in PA

Now that is a question that I have an answer for! A nice warm sunny day floating down the Susquehanna River, Jim on the jet motor, me on point, beer in the cooler, a couple of good cigars and a limit of walleye in the locker and getting paid to do it! Now that is what I a call a dream job. You can take this job I have right now and shove it!

April 2, 2010 at 4:42 pm |
  60. Michael, Lorton, Virginia

Jack: Life is never what it appears to be--and in my case--as long as I have to work---no job is a dream. As long as I have a job, my health, my wife, my children and my grandchildren--that is the dream--and my jobs supports that. That is what life is all about---"family"-–

April 2, 2010 at 4:44 pm |
  61. Mark, Oklahoma City

A middle school with perfectly behaved children who had parents who cared would be nice.....as a teacher I would settle for that.

April 2, 2010 at 4:48 pm |
  62. Thom Richer

Paying a living wage that enables one to support one's family with food, shelter, transportation, medical care, higher education, and long term security of employment, recognition of work given, retirement plan and respect.

Thom Richer
    Negaunee, MI

April 2, 2010 at 4:50 pm |
  63. Kevin in California

My dream job?
    My dream: job

April 2, 2010 at 4:50 pm |
  64. Simon/Orlando

Whatever it is that Hugh Hefner does for a living.

April 2, 2010 at 4:54 pm |
  65. Homeless D in Atlanta

My dream job? It would be back prior to when i had a stroke and was no longer able to do the job I had done all my working life!!

If I could just do the work i once did I would have my dream job.

April 2, 2010 at 4:56 pm |
  66. Joe CE

I lived my dream job – challenging engineering, freedom to exercise judgement, and travel. That was as good as it gets.

April 2, 2010 at 5:00 pm |
  67. Alex in Gig Harbor

Computer game tester with a keg of hefeweizen on tap near the computer.

April 2, 2010 at 5:16 pm |
  68. Jeff in Minnesota

I have a job I really like, it's my employer that drives me nuts. They come up with policies that stifle creativity and productivity in the name of efficiency or supposedly growth. According to the American dream, if you are not growing, your are not successful. What a crock. We need to get off the grow or else treadmill. Not everyone in the US is a 'Type A' personality, so that mantra just isn't going to fly with everyone. And for those of us that are Type A, we're tired of the BS from that mantra. All it does is burn you out.

April 2, 2010 at 5:20 pm |
  69. Dennis North Carolina

at this time with the economy and the job market are down the tubes, any job would br good.

April 2, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  70. The Broker.

"Doing what you do, with your pay, for four days a week."

April 2, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  71. Rich McKinney, Texas

My dream job would be to work in congress. I call it a dream job for two reasons. The first reason is that i could never do it because i just can't possibly lie that much. The second reason is because i have a conscience and screwing the public as much as they do rates right up there with my second favorite dream job which is that of a professional prostitute. Prostitutes provide a service where congress does not.

April 2, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  72. George

Well bad acts hasvn't hurt Charlie Rangle or any aother crooked Democrats, so why would it hurt the Repubs

April 2, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  73. Kyle, Irvine, CA

My dream job would have me waking up on a Monday morning excited for the week ahead. I would not have the feelings of "I wish I didn't have to go to work today" everyday of my life. I am fortunate to have a job in this rough economy and able to save some money every month! But I am eternally grateful for the promise that I have from God in Jesus Christ!!.

Have a great Easter Mr. Cafferty!

April 2, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  74. Kirk Neuman (Apple Valley, MN

I got my dream job when I retired 5 plus years ago and beat the Bush Market Crash. All you other people, just keep paying my social security!

April 2, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  75. Brian

Jack,

My dream job would be exactly the job I do now, only in an alternate universe where Sarah Palin was never born.

Brian
    Boise, ID

April 2, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  76. Marion/Alabama

Being the Math CZAR for Obama.

April 2, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  77. Diane Dagenais Turbide

Starting my day while having breakfast in a very nice old fashion greenhouse but with the latest technology, then look at the view of moutains and lake and start writing while doing some research then move to a hightech art studio with all equipments to film making a painting then go for a long walk in nature and start all over again!
    It just does not exist so far!

Have a great Easter weekend Jack and the best team!

April 2, 2010 at 5:50 pm |
  78. Tom

Deep space traveler without a radio

April 2, 2010 at 5:50 pm |
  79. Mark

Working for Obama's new big gov't!

April 2, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  80. TonyInLargo

My dream job would be one that I could get and retire-on during a time in which there were no Republican administrations or Congress'. That way I'd be sure of the company not being offered incentives to go overseas and the money that I'd save into an IRA, handled by Republican cronies in Wall Street, would not be stolen because they'd be regulated.

April 2, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  81. Ed from California

I've got the dream job..........R-E-T-I-R-E-D! And the water's fine!

April 2, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  82. Mike from Texas

Being Hew Hefner .

April 2, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  83. Linda in Arizona

My dream job would be to be so rich I never had to work a day in my life. There is no perfect job. As long as you have to work for someone, you're not free.

April 2, 2010 at 6:03 pm |
  84. Jim

Jack, how about no job at all as a job. That way I could paint, travel, work on woodworking projects and geneology and work out. No stress, no worries. Sounds good to me.

April 2, 2010 at 6:05 pm |
  85. Charly in Del Mar

Jack Cafferty – rich, good looking and oh so modest.

April 2, 2010 at 6:06 pm |
  86. John, Fort Collins, CO

I can't make up my mind about the ultimate job. In many ways being the piano player in a cat house would be hard to beat, but then again Rod Steel's job as Chairman of the RNC probably has much better benefits and pay. Fortunately this is Friday, so I have the entire weekend to figure it out.

April 2, 2010 at 6:09 pm |
  87. Gigi Oregon

My dream job would be to train government workers, such as Senators and members of Congress to win friends and influence people. Or any other knot heads that deal with people.

April 2, 2010 at 6:10 pm |
  88. Annie, Atlanta

Yours.

April 2, 2010 at 6:14 pm |
  89. Karl from SF, CA

Jack, I finally have my dream job. I don’t have to go anywhere, do anything or keep any kind of schedule and I get paid for it. It is called retirement.

April 2, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  90. Don Ritchie

I wanna gopher for you and Wolf!!! Where do I send my resume?

Don in Louisiana

April 2, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  91. Gary - Woodhaven, Michigan

A job where I could hire all the unemployed and homeless in America, pay them a living wage with Cadillac benefits, all the while giving them a sense of self worth and productivity. And still remain retired as I am today.

Wouldn't get much better than that Jack.

April 2, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  92. Ken in NC

I would love to be a sex tester.

April 2, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  93. Carl in San Diego

Retirement

April 2, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  94. Sahil

My dream job is your job Jack.

April 2, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  95. David

I always want to be a super spy.... I have a close second I'm a computer engineer😉

April 2, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  96. Mike J

Consultant for the Republican National Committee (RNC). Hey, the hotel rooms are posh, and the $2,000 reimbursements for bondage clubs ain't so bad either!

April 2, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
  97. Mike

I'm doing my dream job, I am a proud member of the United States Army.

Mike
    Las Vegas, NV

April 2, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
  98. Harry Moscatiello

My dream job would be a public service job of exposing the millions of lies at all the mainstream news organizations.

April 2, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
  99. Sean in St. Louis

Working for Fox News! Oh wait- April Fools' Day was yesterday.

April 2, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
  100. Scott Denny

A job where i can do hard labor six days a week. A job where i can come home dirty, and know that i put in a honest days work. Blue Collar work is the only work for me.

April 2, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  101. Alex

If you're students want to be there teaching is the best job in the world. If they don't it's the worst.

April 2, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  102. John Holmes

April 2, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  103. Danny

become an anchor on CNN!

April 2, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  104. Ron MacDonald

My dream job, no work in the morning and afternoons off, with a big fat paycheck of course

April 2, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  105. calebcheong

Being paid $5000 a day for the next 20 years for photography work with a option to take a break whenever I want and still be paid for vacation time.

April 2, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  106. Sandra Pasco

My dream job would be owning a thrift store. Love yard sale and looking at peoples trash. Just tried getting job at one last week and was hired but didn't take it because they only offered $8.00hour and I make $13.00hr.

April 2, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  107. Julia B

Hi there Jack
    O M Gosh !Working with you and Wolf anyway possible,on CNN that would really be my dream come true even as an intern.Wish me luck Please!
    julia B

April 2, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  108. Bob Taylor

I'd like to be a lie detector for a political party.I'd be assured of work for many years to come.

April 2, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  109. Elissa

My dream job would be to travel the world doing just about anything.

April 2, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  110. marvin from wisconsin

my dream job now would to mantain the rnc social calender.

April 2, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  111. Amos, Danville

My Dream Job is to be a Republican Senator to collect money and all the benefits and just say Hell NO.

April 2, 2010 at 6:21 pm |
  112. jenny

my dream job?HA!Thats easy. sit on my butt all day or lie down. down heh like the economy!

April 2, 2010 at 6:21 pm |
  113. Mark from Boston

Getting paid millions to speak to people who are more ignorant than I am... In other words, what Sarah Palin does.

April 2, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  114. Desert Diplomat

Jack, I'm a career diplomat with the U.S. State Department, served my country honorably in Iraq last year, and am headed back for a second tour this summer. Tough work, but service to country is my dream job, and I'm doing it.

April 2, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  115. Dwight Drum

Jack,
    Everyone's dream job is what they love. All they have to do is find it. It took me 40 years to find a way to get my writing and photos public. The funny part is that I wanted to write novels and I ended up covering NASCAR, IndyCar and NHRA. I love every second and my novels are still transcripts.

So it's not always the time or the speed you seek, it's just keep hunting for what gives you more kicks than the money you get paid. I have that. It's incredible to soak that within.

April 2, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  116. Adriana

My dream job? If I could write novels and travel the world with my dog, I would be pretty satisfied. Just getting a novel looked at is like belonging to some secret club that requires some sort of interpretive dance in order to get in. And forget about screenplays, even though there seems to always be a need for talking chihuahuas and/or money hungry plastic people eating pig intestines. Wouldn't it be great if everyone could just apply for the job they wanted and each individual would be considered for the quality of their talent and not the exclusivity of one's name? Put I suppose that would exist in a world where pigs fly....

April 2, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  117. Anne K

I want to be a radio talk show host. There don't seem to be any qualifications. They seem to make good money. It won't matter what I look like or wear-it's radio! I think I can sit on my butt and rant for a few hours and if I run out of my own ideas I can just take a few phone calls.

April 2, 2010 at 6:23 pm |
  118. greg sobolewski

Dear Jack,
    My dream job is one where I get my money for nothin' and my ckicks for free.

Sincerely,
    Greg

April 2, 2010 at 6:23 pm |
  119. morris

My dream job involves a cooler on the left, a cooler on the right, beautiful waves in front of me, sand under me, the sun all around me, friends entertaining me. Feel free to tell me when to stop Jack...

April 2, 2010 at 6:23 pm |
  120. Greg Scott

I would like to get a sponsor to pay for me to travel all over the country and skydive at various location while advertising the company logo's and information on a custom parachute, container, jump suit and provide literature or product samples for advertisement of that company. I am already a licensed skydiver, going on 10 years and having a company pay me to advertise their services or products would be awesome.

April 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  121. Chris

My Dream Job is quite simple, "Anything that you honestly look forward to doing everyday and can earn a living at.

April 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  122. Rose

my dream job would be to work at cnn with you, jack and with wolf blitzer. I watch cnn all the time. I like you guys. Happy Easter

April 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  123. Larry Peru IL

Santa Claus.

April 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  124. TBones

Jack,

Un-like you and Wolf I'm saying this because it's true, I do have the ultimate job. I get up in the morning, go to my desk after taking care of a few personal things and start listening to music, answering email, and I've go CNN on to keep up with the News. You see I own the Granddaddy of Internet Radio for the Unknown, Unsigned, and Independent Musicians. What could be better for guy who never did more then play the clubs. I love music and I web technology keeps me challenged that I constantly learning. New Music and New Technology all in the same day and then I get to answer you, now tell me how good of a day is that.

Tom

April 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  125. Donovan

My dream job would sitting on the jury trail for the entire Bush Administration on war crimes.

My next dream job is to see Sarah Palin repeat the second grade.

April 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  126. Kevin in Denver

My dream job: Be a CEO of a "too big too fail" firm, where I could hire people to run my company into the ground while I do nothing at all and get paid millions in bonuses for my effort, or lack there-of.

April 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  127. Graham Maverick

I'm living the dream. I'm a ballet dancer with the Joffey Ballet. Trained with the Sa Francisco Ballet for 12 years and at 21 years of age I really have the dream job.

Graham Maverick

Chicago Illinois

April 2, 2010 at 6:25 pm |
  128. Carmen

As a young retiree, I would like to travel the world and report and write about how to travel when you are disabled. Almost all travel guides and shows are geared to travelers in perfect condition. As boomers retire and begin to travel they will be awfully surprised as to how difficult it is for travelers with disabilities to see some of the most important sites in the world. Not everyone is perfect!
    Old Tappan

April 2, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  129. Michael Roepke - Dallas, TX

I want to rub sholders with born again, family values, fiscally conservative Republicans. So it is only natural that I want to be a bartender at Voyeur, the lesbian bondage strip club.

April 2, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  130. greg sobolewski

Dear Jack,
    My dream job is one where I get my money for nothin' and my chicks for free.

Sincerely,
    Greg

April 2, 2010 at 6:27 pm |
  131. Gabriel - Seattle, wa

My dream job would b a football player who not only is famous buy gets the opportunity to have a foundation that gets the publicity cause its always been my dream but to b able to put it on that scale would give u tons ways to keep expanding the charity and bettering it. I would try an make a point of being the first athlete to just go all out with it and get known for it so it constantly gets brought up in interviews an all that so I could take advantage of the air time as much as possible.

April 2, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  132. Richard

Simple, World Dictator for the rest of the decade. All our planet's problems would be history by 2020, scout's honor!...and you'd all be asking me to stay on I expect. But it's just a pipe dream as you say. Perhaps you'd prefer giving the job to president Palin.

April 2, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  133. Wade

Jack, I would love to have a 2 hour work day including a 1 hour paid lunch and Two 30 minute breaks. My dream job would also include full health care for myself and family, a new company car and profitt and stock options. I can not imagine a better job. I am shure I am perfect for such a job and could easily adjust to the demands of such a work place. Are any of these types of jobs available?

April 2, 2010 at 6:30 pm |
  134. Nate from Indiana

I went to college to be a teacher and that is still my dream job...but without influence from governors, as well as state and federal legislators, that don’t know the first thing about what’s best for children. Clearly academics get in the way of the direction they are steering education reform. I dare them to do my job for one year and continue to support the policies they’ve put in place.

April 2, 2010 at 6:31 pm |
  135. Elissa

A professional navigator? (is that a job) Or photographer for National Geographic – yes!

April 2, 2010 at 6:32 pm |
  136. Bev MacLaren

No problem with this one! I'd travel around the world with you Jack and look for those undiscovered, unspoiled destinations and report back to those travlelers who are seeking paradise in a crazy world. No spoiled elite invited. How about it?

April 2, 2010 at 6:32 pm |
  137. Steve, Lake Tahoe

to never EVER again, be concerned with that question. By the way Jack, what was the question, i am to busy enjoying life to be concerned with such trivia.

April 2, 2010 at 6:33 pm |
  138. Cheryl

I would love to be appointed by some rediculously wealthy person, starting in this country, to go from town to city to county and hand over a check to people who need medical care, a home, veterinary care for a beloved pet, a means of transportation to a job or school, college tuition, etc. I would love to give hope to people who have lost everything or never had it to begin with. Think of how good that would feel!

April 2, 2010 at 6:35 pm |
  139. Tom in Texas

My dream job would have my boss be as gullible as that GOP hotshot who really believes his employee "mistakenly" directed party members to a phone sex hotline in a mailer.

April 2, 2010 at 6:35 pm |
  140. Michael from Keller, Texas

The dream job would be one where you break the law without any penalties, use your position to get unbridled power and friends who worship you, unlimited wealth, and any woman you want. To not have any worries about healthcare or a pension because no matter what your retirement is fully secure and funded. To leave knowing that you broke every moral rule you could. Oh wait !!! I just realized that job exists as a member of the U.S. Congress.

April 2, 2010 at 6:35 pm |
  141. Terry from Long Beach, CA

My dream job would allow me to "three card monte" millions of Americans into homes or loans they can't afford, sell financial weapons of mass destruction CDOs and "AAA" bonds to municipalities all over the world, while making millions. And, each year I'm rewarded with millions in bonuses. Then when I run my company into the ground they have to bail me out while they lose their jobs as a result of my apathy toward their circumstance. Finally, they would have to hire me back at an eight figure salary to undo all the damage.

Somebody pinch me!

April 2, 2010 at 6:43 pm |
  142. Michael from Ft. Hood, Texas

My dream job would be Dennis Hof owner of the Bunny Ranch, and Jack you could go back to Reno and open a Situation Room/Cafferty File franchise in Washoe County.

April 2, 2010 at 6:44 pm |
  143. Brynn

I am a huge NASCAR fan. So my dream job would be being involved with NASCAR. Working at Hendirck Motorsport would be awesome!

Brynn

April 2, 2010 at 6:44 pm |
  144. Remo, from beautiful downtown Pflugerville, Texas

I want to be President. I can tell you what you want to hear to get into office, then I can do the opposite. I can fly around in a nice plane at the rate of $50,000.00 per hour and not worry about, food, where to live, better health care than the farce that was passed, and a nice retirement package.

April 2, 2010 at 6:48 pm |
  145. Tina Seals

My dream job is multifaceted...but it is in Entertainment but will permit me to do other things such as Journalism and Constitutional / Legislative Advocacy.

The part that pays me will be the Movie/Music business aspect. This will expand to include performance, production, directing, acting, singing, and touring – even radio.

The part that is non-paid, but highly respected – and will establish me in the world – will be the advocacy based part that is paid for by my Entertainment endeavors. This will deal with the protection of Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, and Legislative Statutes – as it relates to the 'needs' of people.

April 2, 2010 at 6:57 pm |
  146. Sam, from Washington State

I am a student currently working towards my dream job- I want to be a counselor in a junior high or middle school. Middle schoolers are a great group and I love to help people. What a way to make an investment in the future!

April 2, 2010 at 6:58 pm |