April 1st, 2010

How will health care affect your vote in midterms?

ALT TEXT
President Obama signs the final version of the health care bill. (PHOTO CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES)

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

The Democrats may have won the year-long battle over health care reform, but there are signs it may not translate into victory come November.

In fact, just the opposite. Several new polls out suggest that the Democrats could be in trouble in the midterm elections.

For starters, a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll shows that after the passage of health care, 55% of Republicans say they're "extremely" or "very" enthusiastic about voting in November. That's compared to 36% of Democrats. Although these numbers are up for both parties, the Democrats still face a double-digit "enthusiasm gap."

The poll also shows 48% of voters favor Republicans in their congressional district compared to 45% for Democrats. Add in the fact that Republicans usually vote at higher rates than Democrats, and you can see possible big trouble for Democrats.

To make matters worse, more than half of independents say they would back the Republican candidate. About the only silver lining for Democrats is a lot of people say they could still change their minds.

Meanwhile, a new USA Today/Gallup poll shows that Americans worried about unemployment and the economy are increasingly blaming President Obama.

The poll shows half of those surveyed say Mr. Obama doesn't deserve to be re-elected, and he doesn't get majority approval on his handling of the economy, foreign affairs, the deficit or health care.

Here’s my question to you: How will health care reform affect your vote in the midterm elections?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Ray in Dallas, Texas
Given the extreme measures taken by the Democrats to pass the bill in the face of prevailing public opinion, the situation leaves me very motivated to vote in November. I think the incumbent, pro-Obamacare members of Congress are in deep trouble across the board at this point. And, I'm hardly alone in my motivation to work for and/or vote for an end of their terms.

Diane in Texas
I wish Gallup would call me. Thank goodness the Democrats got the beginnings of health reform passed! I live in a heavily GOP-dominated area of Texas but I will do what I can to get the obstructionist Republicans replaced by Democrats!

Joshua
The Democrats will pay heavy for this one. Hope Nancy is ready to hand over that gavel she seems to like so much.

Bob in Kansas City, Missouri
It won't affect my vote, I'll do the ABC exercise (Anybody But Conservatives).

Ken in Philadelphia
I will be looking to vote for more radical liberal Democrats. The current Congress failed to create a health care bill for ALL Americans. It's time for the unwashed masses to get rid of the privileged lackeys of the wealthy in this country. Vote them out. Incumbents, beware.

Jane in Wisconsin
Health insurance reform will absolutely affect my vote this November. The arrogance of Democrats in pushing this mess through despite the majority of the public being against it will play a big role in the vote. The idea that they would pass it first and "sell" it later is absurd.

Ann in Charleston, South Carolina
I live in South Carolina. The health care bill has nothing to do with wanting to get rid of our current Republican senator. I would vote for the Democratic candidate no matter how illiterate he was... I promise you it would be an improvement.

Filed under: Health care
  1. sam

Obama and dems. Crrently the Repubs are not a party, they are a non entity.

April 1, 2010 at 4:07 pm |
  2. Nathan LaRose

All incumbents out regardless of health care. It's time for a real change. Wake up America.

April 1, 2010 at 4:13 pm |
  3. Michael

In the past I voted third party. I knew I was throwing away my vote but I always hoped the American citizen would come to their senses and join me.

In November I will be voting against the democrats. To do this I will have to vote republican. We put the democrats in power to send a message to the republicans. The democrats forgot this. Now we have to put the republicans back in power to send a message the democrats.

I really wish the citizens of America would wake up and see both parties do not represent us and vote third party.

April 1, 2010 at 4:15 pm |
  4. Nancy Deyo

Good Evening Jack:

I live in liberal New York State & will be voting against all that voted for this lovely piece of legislation. More importanlty, I will be looking for someone who is concerned about the economy & jobs.

Happy Easter,
    Nancy Deyo

April 1, 2010 at 4:17 pm |
  5. Jerry Hurley

Health care reform will reinforce my support of the democratic party since they have once again proven themselves to be the party of the people.

April 1, 2010 at 4:19 pm |
  6. Gwen from Ohio

Absolutely Jack, Now that the Dems showed some backbone and got something done for the people rather then worrying about elections I will definitely vote for them!! Thanks to Obama the Dems are looking better and better now lets get more done, finance reform, energy policy and of course jobs, jobs, jobs. Thanks to the stimulus we are seeing job growth in Ohio, thank you President Obama!!

April 1, 2010 at 4:23 pm |
  7. Jim

Jack: I am 73 and have always been an independent voter never affiliated with any political party. I have probably voted for more Democrats than Republicans over my lifetime of voting, but I will never vote for another Democrat again not only because of the health care bill itself, but the totally sleazy way it was all handled. What we need is a truly viable third party as both existing parties are worthless.

Jim
    Hoffman Estates, IL

April 1, 2010 at 4:24 pm |
  8. stephen Carney

My vote will be based on a three-legged stool: Health care, the economy and a bizarre, unfocused approach to foreign policy.

April 1, 2010 at 4:26 pm |
  9. Lori - PA

Jack,

Health care reform, among other things, has affected how I will vote in the midterm elections. I voted for people I thought would listen to the American people first and foremost. I can see now that I made a mistake. Hopefully the person I vote for gets elected in November and can, along with the other newly elected officals, work to correct some of what's been done.

April 1, 2010 at 4:27 pm |
  10. jerry w buckles

I just hope congess cant sign up on unemployment. Because im voting for any one that is new.

April 1, 2010 at 4:27 pm |
  11. Patsy, Texas

Jack, I will NEVER vote for a Republican again!!! Their attitude and
    actions during the health care debate is only the tip of the iceburg, as
    far as I am concerned. Their hateful rhetoric, the people they hold in
    high esteem, and their tactics are despicable. The list is long and
    disturbing. They would rather see America suffer, than to be seen as
    bipartisan in any way. NONE have accepted, in the slightest, any
    responsibility for helping get us in these messes, and NONE can
    accept any accolades when we do become whole again. Patriots?
    I think NOT. Thank you.

April 1, 2010 at 4:28 pm |
  12. Bev

I will definetly vote Democrat. I am so tired of the broken record from the Republicans. They never say what they are for, only that they are against anything that our President is for.
    I'm not sure there is any of them that could lead our Country. They like big banks, wall street, the wealthy and deregulation for a start. Those are the things that got us in to this mess.
    The Health care getting passed is a very good thing.
    Again, I will from now on, always vote Democrat.

April 1, 2010 at 4:30 pm |
  13. Mark, Oklahoma City

Every one of my votes will be cast AGAINST the incumbant...no matter the party. Same in 2012. I'm sick of all the self-righteous jerks.

April 1, 2010 at 4:31 pm |
  14. JW Georgia

No. My vote follows only one hard rule: NEVER EVER vote for an encumbant. These guys get too high and mighty and lose contact with the real world after only a few terms. Best to cut them lose after one term.

April 1, 2010 at 4:34 pm |
  15. Paul Austin, Texas

Not much Jack. I sure will not vote for any tea party candidates. This health care stuff will not bring us all down the tubes. It is about time the bill passed.

April 1, 2010 at 4:36 pm |
  16. Larry from Georgetown, Tx

Our vote in the mid-terms are simple. Vote against anyone at all levels of government who are in office now. Vote all of them out and lets start anew. Bozo the clown has more common sense than these crooks from both parties.

April 1, 2010 at 4:38 pm |
  17. Riley ODay

Health care wont effect my vote at all. I have been trying to vote incumbnets out since 1984. Has not worked but I will vote that again.

Riley in charleston wv

April 1, 2010 at 4:38 pm |
  18. JENNA

How will health care reform affect your vote in the midterm elections?

I'll be voting DEMOCRAT.

They are delivering dispite GOP obstructionism.

Jenna
    Roseville CA

April 1, 2010 at 4:40 pm |
  19. John Shedd

Absolutely! I will not vote for any politician who supported health care. A horrible piece of legislation and time will prove it to be the monster that it is.

April 1, 2010 at 4:41 pm |
  20. Zach - DC

Health care reform will not affect my vote at all this November. However, this massive new healthcare entitlement bill (it certainly isn't reform – that implies large scale change from the way things are currently done) will.

April 1, 2010 at 4:41 pm |
  21. Jim McDonald

The health care debate will only be one level of input to my decision during the mid term elections to either support thr incumbent office holder or their challenger.

April 1, 2010 at 4:42 pm |
  22. Overby from Melbourne

Here's how it affects my vote.....I won't vote for a single Democrat for any position in any election. For the rest of my life.

April 1, 2010 at 4:43 pm |
  23. Gerry Erman

The Representative in my district is a Obama lackey. Her chances of being re-elected are dismal to say the least and I'll do everything in my power to make that she isn't. Latest polls show that she isn't even in the running against her Repubican opponent.

Gerry
    Ash Fork, Az

April 1, 2010 at 4:43 pm |
  24. Dennis North Carolina

I will vote for the person which I feel will do the best job.

April 1, 2010 at 4:45 pm |
  25. Jake

If the Dems couldn't pass at least what they did, I was prepared to vote against my Democratic Representative if he did not support this republican based idea bill.

But the real solution is Medicare for all who choose. Cost to be determined based on a not for profit cost plus administration fee plus a small % to help preserve the future of Medicare. Let private insurance companies compete for individual Part B supplemental coverage like they do now, but without government support.

April 1, 2010 at 4:46 pm |
  26. Ken in Mt

Given the way the process worked out , there is zero chance that I'll be voting for the party of "NO". I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night, The baltant obstructionism has got to go.

April 1, 2010 at 4:46 pm |
  27. Gerry In Toronto

When Americans get beyond the rhetoric and media hollering and understand the benefits this bill delivers to them, the Republican party will be decimated and I expect that to happen in November.

April 1, 2010 at 4:47 pm |
  28. Steve, Clifton, VA

Because my two children can now be carried on my health insurance until the age 26 starting in January 2011, I am feeling pretty good. But that alone will not affect/influence my vote come November 2010. My vote will be significantly affected/influenced by the "Health" of the U S Economy.....

April 1, 2010 at 4:48 pm |
  29. Michael Lorton, Virginia

Jack: You once quoted in a previous article that "Americans keep doing the same thing, over and over, expecting different results--what is defined as insanity. Now if you look a the political pool that will be available during the mid-term elections--it want change the definition of insanity--even if we do something different. Politics is the art of governing mankind by deceiving them-–and I don't see that changing during my lifetime. Americans are isane--and make no doubt about that.

April 1, 2010 at 4:49 pm |
  30. san jose

Yes, I will never vote for a Republican again after watching them stonewall Health Care Legislation while not offering a single solution to the problem. They are now planning to sit on their duffs and not work at all for the rest of the year according to John McCain. Why are we paying their salaries and benefits not to mention a generous pension when they refuse to work? No other working American could make that statement and still have a job.

April 1, 2010 at 4:51 pm |
  31. Tom Mytoocents Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Jack

Health Care will not play a role in my upcoming vote, as I plan to vote all incumbents out. Vote new people who can at the very least agree to diagree.
    Good Bill or Bad the bickering centered on special interest must stop.

April 1, 2010 at 4:51 pm |
  32. Richard Smith

I will vote Democratic: all things being equal.

In Washington state I voted for Our Republican Attorney general. I normally vote 90% democratic. He filed a law suit after Health care passed. I will not vote for him again and in the future I will think a little more carefully if I am tempted to vote republican.

April 1, 2010 at 4:52 pm |
  33. Greg in PA

Actually it won't change my vote at all, I always vote republican. It's the rest of the idiots in Pennsylvania that keep voting for the other guys that keep winning the seats over and over again! Jack, we need a to start a mission to convince idiots not to be idiots anymore!

April 1, 2010 at 4:54 pm |
  34. Alice, Bryant

It won't. We need universal health care in this country. All the propaganda, scare tactics and lies will never change that. If Israel, Austraila, the UK and Canada can come up with basic health care for their citizens, surely the United States of America can.

I have heard so many people talk about this being welfare. What I get upset about is foreign welfare. It seems that we have Billions of dollars to give to and rebuild other countries and I never hear any outrage from the far right about this. That is why I don't believe for one minute that their concerns are honorable. The truth is that they are are masking their hatred for our President by pretending to be concerned about health care.

April 1, 2010 at 4:57 pm |
  35. Tom, Avon, Me, The Heart of Democracy

I'm middle-class. Republicans favor Big business interests over mine every chance they get. I'm going to vote Democrat, Green, Libertarian, or anything but Republican every chance I get.

April 1, 2010 at 4:59 pm |
  36. Joshua

The Democrats will pay heavy for this one. Hope Nancy is ready to hand over tha gavel she seems to like so much.

April 1, 2010 at 5:00 pm |
  37. David of Alexandria, VA

I'm likely to vote republican or independent accross the board. The democrats' approach to concocting and enacting health care presents a dangerous precedent of old-style, backroom politics. They have assiduously avoided clearly disclosing how this will be paid for. They have ignored about half the popular view of this bill. Right, wrong or indifferent about health care, they have proven themselves ideologically self-absorbed and untrustworthy with a proclivity toward bloated government size, intrusion and scope. The democratic trust deficit is growing as fast as the national debt.

April 1, 2010 at 5:01 pm |
  38. Richard Hill/NH

Jack, what people need to understand is the following; Obama, ran on Healthcare, won on Healthcare, and delivered on Healthcare. He also won both the electoral college (375-178) and the popular vote (9.5 million), convincingly; so if anybody is representing the Amercian people it is him. The GOP needs to to remember that if the party that wins the election, also wins both houses of Congress and the WhiteHouse, that they are the ones who get to pass legislation which is on their agenda. Elections have consequences, and this debate only made me realize that the GOP will never stop using thie bread and butter trademarks-Fear and Smear.

April 1, 2010 at 5:02 pm |
  39. Gail Craig, Plano TX

Jack, it's like talking to the dead! Barack Obama has tried to move this country forward, but he is not white. This is the reason that he he will be thwarted at every juncture. He would have been one of our greatest Presidents' ever. But the haters or racists whichever, will not permit him to do so. The economy's woes were left to him by GOP. The 2 wars, ditto. Anyone who can cast a Republican ballot this election cycle, or the next one, is a fool!

April 1, 2010 at 5:04 pm |
  40. Tom

I will not vote for any republicans because of the arrogance and disdain they have shown over this and many other issues.

April 1, 2010 at 5:04 pm |
  41. Cameron D. from Georgia

As a college student set to graduate in the next few years, I'm ecstatic that President Obama, Speaker Pelosi, and Leader Reid helped usher the healthcare reform bill through Congress; a reform long overdue, a promise kept by the Democrats. They get my vote (and volunteer time) in November!

April 1, 2010 at 5:05 pm |
  42. BBC (Tacoma, WA)

It may not be working as fast as some would like, at least president Obama has a plan; the GOP is about no but HELL NO! the other part does not have a plan nor do they wish to participate. If America would/could come up with some critical thinking skills, the midterm elections would favor the democratic party easily.

April 1, 2010 at 5:06 pm |
  43. Gregory Tripp, Mechanicsburg

I feel sad for Todd Russell Platts, my district representative. He is a good man and has served me personally well. Sadly he chose to stand solid with the obstructionist GOP during the health reform process, in spite of my continued plea to take an active role. While I have voted for him in the past, I cannot support a person who holds to party first and not nation first. The GOP made it perfectly clear that they would derail Obama at all cost, even if it meant hurting 30+ million Americans in the process, even if it meant prolonging our economic crisis. I hope the GOP gets the same reception across the nation. I hope the tea baggers take the deep red south in 2012 and that they successfully secede and that this time the Union lets them go.

April 1, 2010 at 5:06 pm |
  44. Ralph Spyer

Health care must be good if not a single Repubiican voted for it. Americans can blame Obama for unemployment but they shop at Wallmart were every thing they sell is made in China or Mexico.

April 1, 2010 at 5:07 pm |
  45. Kirk Neuman (Apple Valley, MN

Actually, the health care reform won't have any impact on my vote in November. I don't really care for Reid or Pelosi, but I will still vote Democrat or perhaps Independent. I will never EVER vote for anyone remotely connected to the Republican party.

For some reason people seem to forget that the Republicans had control of Congress for 12 years, 6 of those with a Republican president (if you want to call Bush a president) and they did absolutely NOTHING for the American public except cut taxes and then start two, count them TWO wars costing BILLIONS of dollars a month which ultimately contributed to the worst economic disaster in this country since the depression. Why on earth would anyone in their right minds want to vote Republican????

April 1, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  46. Eric - Houston

Jack, it sure will. It is very nice that health care will be extended to many people who don't have it. But now the country has made more promises it cannot afford, instead of using the added Medicare taxes and Medicare cuts to shore up Medicare which is a long standing promise to folks who cannot make other arrangements. There are many things which I feel may family deserves and should have, but that I cannot afford. So we have to do without or at least wait, much though it hurts me to tell them no. In any event I don't sign an IOU on my grandkids. Fir the future of the country I must expect the same of those who I entrust the country.

April 1, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  47. Ed from California

I'm voting positive for mine! I just can't understand the "stupidness" of Americans. There is no way that the majority of America pays their own health care. Most if not all of us get our Medical coverage from our jobs. And our jobs won't or are stopping health care coverage unless this bill was passed, it's just too expensive to keep going with coverage. America, you better be very careful of what you wish for, the other side is very ugly and scary. And the other side offers no net!

April 1, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  48. Mike, formerly from Syracuse

Not at all. I always intended to vote the bums out, and I still do.

April 1, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  49. Doug - Dallas

As an independent, health care will not directly affect my vote. I vote for the individual I believe can best represent my district. After watching the fiasco in Washington for the last 14 months, I'm so disgusted with the "status quo" that I would like to see most if not all of our "'representatives" replaced. Jack, you should know that polls can be twisted anyway the pollsters want so I don't put a lot of credence in your poll information. Besides we're not electing a president just all the people who are supposed to write and pass the laws who on a scale of 1-10 deserve about a .5!!

April 1, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  50. Jeff S

The so-called "Healthcare" bill (its actually a health insurance reform bill), isn't going to affect my vote at all, positively or negatively. I can't see where it is going to cost or save me any money yet.

It makes sense to me that Republicans would be more enthusiastic, because the Republican party has marketed the "Healthcare" Bill as something it is not.

I'm not super-excited about voting for Democrats, but I witnessed the damage of total control by the Republican party, and I've since witnessed the nation come a long way back from the brink. That being said, I hope Republicans get control of congress. In the past 40 years, our best years were with a Dem president and Rep congress. Whether that means it will repeat or not, who knows...

– Jeff in Schaumburg, IL

April 1, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  51. Albert R. K. Los Anegles

Jack, My wife and I (2 votes) have four married children (8 votes) and because of health reform we can finally live without fear of loosing everything when the next health problem occurs. Our six grandchildren can focus on college without fear of being dropped from their families plan until they are 26. That’s a total of 16 votes against the Republican Party who is trying to take it all away.

April 1, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  52. Allen L Wenger

I was discouraged and apathetic before the vote, but will now vote for all the Democrats who supported the bill.

Mountain Home ID

April 1, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  53. Diane Dagenais Turbide

Dear Jack,

I heard an interview the other day and heard the best comment that ironically has followed me all my life....it is not the day to day news events that makes our life richer; it is the day to day routine of actually doing something that makes our life richer as well as taking the time to appreciate such routine! So even if I really do enjoy watching and listening to all the news, it is the day to day other routine of actually doing something else of my day that makes one stay grounded to reality of living a fulfilling life! I really never consider any polling done and being in touch with our human emotions are what mostly counts in life to connect with people!

Happy Easter Holiday!

April 1, 2010 at 5:15 pm |
  54. steve in florida

Even though it's still a gift to the Insurance cartel, Obama and the Dems managed to put a few chinks in their armor. That alone is change. As far as I'm concerned, we can get rid of the 2-term limit and let Obama have 20 years to fix this mess. Just because the fireman is having a hard time putting the fire out, doesn't mean that you hand the matches back to the arsonists.

April 1, 2010 at 5:19 pm |
  55. Claire (Kentucky)

My vote will stay where it has been – in support of Obama! As a senior, I know too many who have been struggling with medical/Rx expenses – now they will have relief. THAT'S CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN.

April 1, 2010 at 5:20 pm |
  56. Alex in Gig Harbor

I was already prepared to vote for my Democratic senator and representative this year. Passing health care enforces that decision. I vote in every election so I find it sad that an "enthusiasm gap" is part of the electoral equation.

April 1, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  57. John from San Antonio

I don't believe it will matter much. For whatever office in question there will probably only be a choice between two "Republicrats".

John – San Antonio

April 1, 2010 at 5:23 pm |
  58. Patty

I am 62 and luckily I am in good health but the future with this health care does not look very good. There just isn't anything good in the health care bill for seniors that I can see. When are people going to wake up and see that all that is going on is just a cover to change this country dramatically and not for the good. It make take awhile but it is the plan to have a world everything. america as we know it will no longer be. It is frightening.

April 1, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  59. Patty.D. Bristol, Pa.

Yes Jack,.I Iwill vote for who ever voted FOR it. As a woman who is married to a self-employed Contractor, I have seen our insurance triple in the last four years. Not only that, they refused to cover simplitic things as routine physicals and X-Rays. We asked ourselves,' Why do we pay $714 a month for barely no coverage at all? '

April 1, 2010 at 5:24 pm |
  60. Richard, Kankakee, IL.

No, I still will vote for the person that represent my values, and goals for the future, parties mean nothing to me, I guess that is why I have always been an independent voter!

April 1, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  61. Rick Medina,OH

Jack,

Our local congressman is a freshman Democrat who won in a historically Republican area. He is one of those who courageously chose a 'YES' vote for health care reform in the final days of debate. As long as he doesn't really screw up on other issues, I'll not only vote for him again, I'll work for his re-election.

Rick,
    Medina,OH

April 1, 2010 at 5:27 pm |
  62. Viv from NY

If these polls are correct Jack this country is full of a lot of stupid short sighted Americans . I plan to vote for Obama and the party of do something rather than the party of do nothing , who made the mess. In such a short time Obama has given us health care reform and has started to improve the economy. Enough of the gloom and doom Jack. we are on the right road finally! This must be a April fools Question right ?

April 1, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  63. Conor in Chicago

First of all Jack most of your prose is based on statistics. In my view, as the joke goes, "90% of statistics can be made to say anything you want them to, 50% of the time".

Second of all anybody who can think critically and not get sucked in by irrational fears knows that voting Republican is a death sentence for this nation. Just look at the last 10 damn years people!

April 1, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  64. Tim

I have a republican congressman that votes and speaks the partyline. I will never vote for him or anyone that did not vote for healthcare. New Jersey

April 1, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  65. Scott Stodden

It will affect my vote by doing what I do best everytime I go vote! Democrat, Democrat, Democrat I can only and only will vote Democrat they are for the people not for just the rich. President Obama and the Demcrats are getting the job done in Washington at a rapid pace and deserve to stay in power. Re-Elect Democrats in 2010 and President Obama in 2012!

Scott Stodden (Freeport,Illinois)

April 1, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  66. alonzo

Will not at all. The Republicans are bitter and the party that will not vote with this president simply because of his color. Anyone that does not believe this are most likely Republicans. Now vote on that.

April 1, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
  67. Barbie from Hollywood, CA

I don't always agree with any of our elected officials, but it's nice to see our President lead America towards a kinder and more beneficial healthcare plan. I hope he continues to exercise his good sense, and push through the Bills that will strengthen the non-rich in every aspect of our lives.

April 1, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  68. lynn/ calif.

Hopefully it will help defeat the existing democratic control and get rid of Pelosi. If it onlly helps get rid of her the country would be better off.

April 1, 2010 at 5:34 pm |
  69. Gigi Oregon

Anyone running against it will be voted out You mess in my children's and their nests, Republican or not, I and mine will vote against you and suggest you move to a third world country where your mentality belongs.

My grandson after 12 years was laid off in the fall of 2008 he's company is still struggling, pray how, could that be Obama's fault. The Mortgage crises began before President Obama. How can the Republicans blame Dem's for that one And what about the Iraq war etc., etc., and etc. They should have taken care of health care instead of wanting to play with guns. Then they would have had a leg to stand on.

April 1, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  70. Tony Banguel

Doing what is right, is not always right choice to make when it comes to and election year. Now, sticking to that choice, and weathering the storm, are strong factors in getting reelected, and they have my vote.

April 1, 2010 at 5:35 pm |
  71. Kyle, Irvine, CA

Whether Health Care Reform passed or failed, I will not be voting for any Democrat in the Senate or the House. It's time for a change in Congress. The Democrats have had control of Congress since 2006 and a lot of crap has happened since. Nancy Pelosi is an idiot and should be kicked out of Washington in November.

April 1, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  72. Minesh -Troy, MI

Vote out everyone with a "D"!

The arrogant and partisan Congress and White House did not even show any gesture of bipartisanship. They are abusing the power while lying through their teeth.

Minesh – Troy, MI

April 1, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  73. Bill in South Jersey

Why should I bother to vote? All I have to do is scrape together enough money and I can bribe Congress to whatever I want.

April 1, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  74. wally in florida

since the gop is the party of no i have to agree.i say no more republicans.i am voting democrat accross the board.

April 1, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  75. Brian Smith PhD

Jack, health-care reform or not America votes on its wallet. After all the rhetoric and spin from politicians, there is still only one single truth. If voters are doing well, the party in power stays in power. If times are tough, then the voters kick the bums out. Screw the health thing. Unless it or something reduces unemployment by half, the party in power will be a goner regardless.

April 1, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  76. Mary T. Berry

I am tired of too much government – I am a grown woman and I have worked all my life, raised a fine family and did all that without every getting any help from the Government! Our fore fathers NEVER intended for the government to take care of the people, we the PEOPLE are the governement. You are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness NOT GOVERNMENT housing, food stamps, health care and all the other entitlements the government provides. We are adults and need to act like it, take care of family, neighbors and friends, this worked for a couple hundred years, now look where we are, the more you GIVE THE MORE PEOPLE EXPECT. Time for Americans to grow up and be responsible for their own actions.

April 1, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  77. Duop, Colorado

This healthcare reform is the meaning of American dream. How can you keep giving billions of dollars to other nations when some of your own people are suffering? Help others and ignore you own…? This is simply a joke.

April 1, 2010 at 5:41 pm |
  78. katiec Pekin, IL

I will rally against ANY republican that runs and campaign for the Democrats. How anyone can support a party who lies, distorts, fear mongers, has goals of destroying our president, sacrificing the American people for big business, win at any cost is beyond me.
    Jack, the republicans are well on their way to becoming our country's most dangerous domestic terrorists. Out to destroy everything.
    Realize this will not get posted and that you most certainly would not allow it to be on your show, but keep trying.

April 1, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  79. Alan (Milwaukee)

It just makes me even more determined to support my Democratic congressmen and hope that they can keep it together. Obama and Congress did what was right and what was necessary. The road to recovery will be tough for sure, but in the end, we'll all be better off, not just a few. Bottom line- under Republican rule, the haves will continue to have and the have-nots will continue to barely keep their heads above water. We need to stop looking backward- its time to move forward.

April 1, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  80. bill, fresno, california

The majority party always loses seats at the midterm elections.

If they HADN'T gotten health care through, they would have lost more seats.

I think the Democrats just need to explain the changes to people better.

When health insurance reform was being debated, the Republicans had the megaphone and were trumpeting all sorts of falsehoods, like death panels for granny, that the Democrats never really responded to effectively.

The Republicans also spent a fortune on TV commercials that hammered home their message, and I think this is what really formed the negative public opinion.

Most of the people against health insurance reform can't even tell you specifically what they object to, other than it being "Nazi Communism Fascism Socialism."

April 1, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  81. Ann from Charleston, SC

I live in South Carolina. The health care bill has nothing to with wanting to get rid of our current Republican senator. I would vote for the Democratic candidate no matter how illiterate he was – I promise you it would be an improvement.

April 1, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  82. Bob in Kansas City

It won't affect my vote, I'll do the ABC exercise (anybody but conservatives).

April 1, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  83. Homeless D in Atlanta

Health care reform will have absolutely no impact on my vote. I will vote for the CANDIDATE.

April 1, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  84. Ray - Dallas,Texas

This one is too easy. Given the extreme measures taken by the Dems to pass the bill in the face of prevailing public opinion, the situation leaves me very motivated to vote in November. I think the incumbent pro-Obamacare Congresspeople are generally in deep trouble across the board at this point, and I'm hardly alone in my motivation to work for and/or vote for an end of their terms. Personally, I can't wait for the November elections!!

April 1, 2010 at 5:54 pm |
  85. Michael H. in Albuquerque, NM

I will vote strongly for those that voted for healthcare reform.
    If you think that reform is expensive or burdensome, just try cancer without it. Try living with diabetes. Live with any pre-existing condition while being denied treatment by insurance companies. Then you will know loss of choice, and lack of freedom.
    If republicans really want to go home to their constituents and brag that they left them without treatment in a time of need, GO FOR IT. It will make the democrats look all the more viable.

April 1, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  86. Ryan - Galesburg, IL

Jack, the fact is that most Americans tuned-out of the healthcare debate, due to Republican misrepresentations and media outlets turning the debate into a drama instead of a documentary. The bill is not perfect, but is quite good. Those who opposed healthcare insurance reform in favor of getting even more money from the insurance industry are not looking out for us, and should be voted out. I will be rewarding the courage of my representative, who supported the bill, and in turn supported the middle class.

April 1, 2010 at 6:00 pm |
  87. Mark

Yes in a big way,first I'm no longer a Dem now.And my state rep will not be geting my vote in November,and Obama will not get it in 2012.
    That's myway of geting back at them

April 1, 2010 at 6:05 pm |
  88. Eric

No this won't effect my vote, the only thing this has done is assure me that the republican party only cares about their rich friends and no one else. My father has MS and needs shots. He has been unemployed for a year now and has spent just about allof his retirement funds on cobra, so thank you Obama for this bill and hopefully some others to follow. Why do we pride ourselves on being the greatest country in the world and yet we can't even get health care for all Americans but we can go to another country fight a war, help their people, take care of their sick children, a yet when we ask the same of our country we can not afford it. We can afford 2 wars, saving Hati, bailing out banks and give bonuses to ceo's . Yes we can afford it bring back our troops, stop bailing out the rich and help the people here that lost homes and jobs.

April 1, 2010 at 6:06 pm |
  89. Diane in Texas

I wish Gallop would call me. Thank goodness the Dems got the beginnings of health reform passed! I live in a heavily GOP dominated area of Texas but I will do what I can to get the obstructionist GOP's replaced by Dems!

April 1, 2010 at 6:06 pm |
  90. JIM FALLBROOK CA

It won't my vote at all. I will be one of the many voting the democrats out of office in 2010 and 2012. Unfortunately Jack Cafferty backed the wrong candidate.

April 1, 2010 at 6:07 pm |
  91. steve- virginia beach

I don't like any political party but the Democrat's actions, activities, and inactions over the last 3 years, particularly the last year have made them ineligible for my vote for a long time to come. Possibly forever. I'm hoping for good non-partisan independent candidates who are problem-solvers and dedicated to prioritizing the interests of our citizens and our country. Preferably a plurality in Congress. But I'll vote Republican if that's what it takes to fire the Dems.

April 1, 2010 at 6:09 pm |
  92. george charles paree

yes I sill bever vote for democratic again in my life.I been democrat for 50 years I have never been so ashame in my life

April 1, 2010 at 6:09 pm |
  93. Linda in Arizona

The Democrats would have to do something much worse than they have to make me vote for any revolting, loathsome republican. I don't vote for that scum EVER!

April 1, 2010 at 6:09 pm |
  94. Karl from SF, CA

I’m voting for the people that got it done, not the roadblocks. Madame Speaker and Senator Boxer will get my vote here. Since the bill was just passed after a year of outrageous lying and fear mongering, check again in about August when the lies have been recognized and reality kicks in. An opinion poll about the mid-terms right now is a waste of money and time. How about a poll that counts the percentage of Teabagger wing nuts in the Republican Party compared to real conventional Republicans, or have they all become Independents in embarrassment.

April 1, 2010 at 6:10 pm |
  95. David, Tampa, Fl

No Jack, passage of health care will not affect how I vote in the midterm elections. I don't like what has been going on in Washington for several decades. I don't have much use for the Democrats and even less use for the Republicans. Both parties are corrupt, morally bankrupt and care only about the wellbeing of themselves and their buddies that contribute large sums of money to keep their pets in office.

Health care, energy policy, the economy, international relations what a mess with no way out in sight. I stopped trusting our political and economic leadship long ago. The "tea party" aside, we are a country being jerked around by two sets of spoiled brats that need a good trip to the wood shed. One of these days we the people may get people in office that will look after our interests and show some backbone.

April 1, 2010 at 6:11 pm |
  96. Russ Jones

HELL YES JACK! I will support the Dems this November. Having been one of the people who couldn't buy insurance at any price since birth I fully support the health care reform! Insurance agents blatantly told me they would not insure me unless Congress passed a law requiring it. Well guess what...it happened finally!
    Portales, NM

April 1, 2010 at 6:11 pm |
  97. Quantis from San Francisco

The only way that healthcare will affect my vote is if I happen to die from an illness before Obama's HCR policies take effect, otherwise I will continue to support the president who has signed into law changes that will directly benefit me.

April 1, 2010 at 6:12 pm |
  98. William

He's all THUMBS DOWN with my vote. WE need another change.

William
    Vero Beach, Fl.

April 1, 2010 at 6:12 pm |
  99. Jeff

I am a Republican but will NOT vote for any Republican who is against affordable, universal health care with a government option!

April 1, 2010 at 6:12 pm |
  100. Marc from San Diego

No, I still wouldn't vote for a Republican after what they pulled this past decade.

April 1, 2010 at 6:13 pm |
  101. Ken

When I was in the Navy during the Vietnam War we used to say, "We take care of our own"

With Health Care Reform we can finally say that as an American.

This Vet is voting for President Obama.

April 1, 2010 at 6:13 pm |
  102. Jeffrey Epstein

I feel the President has accomplished a major win and, yes, the law will not be perfect, far from it. It is, however a good start and way better than the Republicans voting NO to everything. They will lose in the elections in my opinion, not what the present opinion seems to be.

April 1, 2010 at 6:13 pm |
  103. ken

I will be looking to vote for more radical liberal democrats. The current congress/Senate failed to create a health care bill for ALL Americans. Its time for the unwashed masses to get rid of the priveledged lackeys of the wealthy in this country. Vote them out. incumbents beware.

April 1, 2010 at 6:13 pm |
  104. Jane - WI

Health insurance reform will absolutely affect my vote this November. The arrogance of Democrats in pushing this mess through despite the majority of the public being against it will play a big role in the vote I believe. The idea that they would pass it first and "sell" it later is absurd. It seems Democrats and this President are in a hurry to pass their sweeping agenda in case they should lose in the fall, and it doesn't matter if this is the 'change" people wanted or not. It is the President's way or the highway.

April 1, 2010 at 6:14 pm |
  105. Nancy - Loveland, CO

The Health Care Reform bill has placed me solidly against any Republicn, not just for this election, but probably forever. I have always been an independent, but Republicans no longer offer a valid choice except for more destruction of our country and its values.

Nancy – Loveland, CO

April 1, 2010 at 6:14 pm |
  106. Junior from Tucson,AZ

I wish I would be able to vote for everybody who voted for the health care. If the republicans think this poll numbers will stay the same they are deadly weong. Once people start getting the benefit of the bill they will change their mind. VIVO OBAMA

April 1, 2010 at 6:14 pm |
  107. Kathy Elphick

Jack,
    It will cause me to vote a straight democratic ticket – President Obama ran on health care reform and kept his promise. I am discouraged by the behavior of the Republicans and the tea party folks and although I don't belong to either party, this will be the third election I've voted a straight Democratic ticket. Do want to go back to the way things were under the Republicans? NO!

April 1, 2010 at 6:14 pm |
  108. Don Ritchie

I despise his rhetoric about the end of a "century's fight." Thank goodness he doesn't actually refer to the reform bill as "universal health care." If that phrase ever comes out of his mouth in regards to the reform bill: he's lost my vote.

I haven't gotten anything I want out of this Congress other than student loan reform. I see no reason to cast a vote this fall.

Don in Louisiana

April 1, 2010 at 6:14 pm |
  109. Dave

I will only vote for politicians who will adhere to the Truth in Advertising laws regarding their campaign promises, and who agree to dismantle 50% of the Federal Government

April 1, 2010 at 6:14 pm |
  110. andrew for Las Vegas, NV

After the passage of the Health Care Bill I fully support the Democrats and President Obama. For Republicans to want to move backwards on only Democratic legislation, and not at all the poor Republican policies under Pres. Bush Jr is ridiculous. Obama won because he promised change. So keep it coming.

April 1, 2010 at 6:14 pm |
  111. peggy farrell

Health care will affect my vote in a positive way. Anyone who doesn't realize we need universal health care for all Americans is living in the pre-civil war era. So many lies & misinformation have been circulated. Wake up America.

112. Carla, Wyoming

I won't be voting for any Republicans!

113. Kathy

I will continue to support the party that cares about the welfare of the people. The democratic party fills the bill for me. Of course, it will depend on the candidate in my district. This said...it will definitely be the Democrat.

114. Chuck Eckert

This issue will certainly affect my vote; I'm an independent registered as a republican and I look forward to showing Washington that they can no longer ignore the will of the people. I didn't want this health care and it was pushed through by democrats. They (those who voted yes against their constituency's will) will learn how upset the American people are. Thanks!

Chuck
    Washington, DC

115. Julie Dodge

I will vote every democrat out and will look even harder at the people I will be voting for. I am more aware of the issues today than I have ever been.

116. Jon O.

Health Care reform will affect my vote tremendously. I would like to vote every single Republican out of office. They have proven time and time again they are becoming a party of far right extremists with no common middle ground. Compromise is not in their vocabulary and as such they should not be a member of congress.

117. Beth Bolick

Change is hard. It costs money and hard work to do it right. The public voted for change but they wanted it to be free or lost cost, and easy. It takes a courageous policitician to vote for what is right knowing there will be vocal dissent by some and quiet jubilation by others.
    I will definitely vote my support of those who voted for health care reform in the fall elections.

118. Bob Griffith Jr

It will make me only vote for the democrats....that is what we elected them to do, something about healthcare. I agree with most that the bill is too watered down. Republicans run up the deficit in hopes that social programs will not go through. They are the ones that want no reform touting the free market. But is a free market when things go bad they expect the tax payers to bail them out....Wall St. and the Savings and Loans from years past. How can they call that a free market taking care of itself at the tax payers expense?

119. Andrew in Aberdeen, NC

Jack, I will vote on each race and give each serious consideration. I will vote as if this is the last time I will be able to vote because, with this health care plan, it may be the last time I'm able to vote!

120. Robert

I am impressed that Obama and the Democrats managed to achieve this major reform over all the noise and disinformation from the GOP and the health insurance industry. Although the bill is not perfect, it is a step in the right direction. I plan to vote Democratic in the mid-terms. It's important to fight the regressive forces that have ruined this country.

121. Nanci

I'll be out there voting and campaigning for those who voted for the bill.
    I'll also be watching for those who voted against it and call them on it if they try taking any credit when they discover folks actually like what is in it.

122. carl Tonte

i have three words.. republicans are loosers... i'll vote for the democrats because they trying to help the people not the party unlike republicans

123. MaxH

President Obama said he wanted reform, and we agreed with him.

However, we didn't want mandates, and we got them. We wanted a public option, not a forced plan, and we got it anyway.

This isn't just reform. It's forcing the American people to give private companies our business against our will. Are there good things about the bill? Yes. But mandates are causing an extreme amount of anger at Washington, and Obama didn't seem to mind.

He's never getting that second term, for this, and for his refusal to aggressively repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell like he said he would, rather than trying to let the military run the table. He's the Commander in Chief, but he apparently doesn't know what that means.

April 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  124. Geri-Wyomissing, PA

I don't think we can even begin to see the effects of the HealthCare Bill a week after after it's passed. It hasn't played out yet and perhaps there will be some positive impace prior to the November election. There are also other critical issues in the country that might create a more positive impact for the President. All in all I think hanging a black drape on the Democrats is premature.

April 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  125. Jane - WI

Democrats are out to re-distribute wealth. Take from the successful and give to those who haven't earned it. All men are created equal - they are not guaranteed equal outcomes. It seems Democrats want to make the outcomes equal, and bring everyone down to a certain level. I can't vote for a party that scares people into thinking they are a "victim" of one thing or another.

April 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  126. Jim Green, TX, www.Inclusivism.org

Jack - The issue this election will not be about healthcare, but rather about unemployment - if Obama can fix that the reform issue will disappear - if not, the Democrats are in trouble,

April 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  127. Glenn Cantor

Our country was established as a representative republic, and not an oligarchy. We call one part of the legislative branch the House of Representatives because its members are supposed to represent their constituents. If they don't, then those constituents have an obligation to vote them out, every two years if need be. That being said, November is eons away in political time.

April 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  128. Carol Link

I think President Obama, is doing the best he can do one day at a time
    & I will vote for health care reform & will vote again for President Obama when he run's again in 2012,,,I say down with the Republicans & their tea party

April 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  129. Roger Easson

Absolutely. It makes sense that people should pay for their health care instead of showing up at the Emergency Room whenever they are really sick. We all need to take responsibility for paying for health care. We all are forced to have car insurance for the same reason. It's time to get off the dole and start paying our own way.

April 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  130. Walter L Johnson

The health care reform will have at best a marginal affect on the midterm elections. Voters have short term memories and care more about their own prospects. Most people won't notice the law's changes for years to come.

April 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  131. Paulette in Dallas,PA

I'm not thrilled with this health care bill but at least Obama is doing something. It's a start. For years,people sat around and did nothing. I'm reserving judgement on my vote till more is revealed about the effects of health care and other Obama decisions. If you takr tomorrow off,Happy Easter to you and Wolf.

April 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  132. Annie, Atlanta

I'll be voting for the party that put the people of this country ahead of their re-election chances. How often do we see that happen?

April 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  133. William

I don't know why some can support Obama when he has accomplished absolutely ZERO thus far. What are they thinking?

134. Tom in Illinois

Please, finally an administration more interested in helping the people in this country or getting re-elected. I will vote for an administration that has priorities leveled with the people of this country. The president had nothing to gain, he has great insurance.

135. Steve McGinnis

I will definitely vote against the Democrats! While health care needs reform, expanding coverage before dealing with the spiraling costs is a huge mistake. The manner in which it was passed – our way or the highway was extremely offensive. I am a moderate independent and do not plan on voting for a Democrat in the forseeable future. Of course the Republican conservatives are equally as disgusting as the Democrat Progressives!

136. wyatt haag

Jack, I am thrilled that the Dems stood up and got something done for the people even though it was unpopular in the polls. I think that because they refused to be bullied by the GOP they will be more successful in Nov. than we are currently expecting.

137. mark anthony

I am determined to use all abilities and skills to help ensure that democrats are kept in office. It it ridiculous and absurd for people to give the President such a failing grade on the economy, foreign affairs, health care and terrorism. It is time for all americans to stand up for what's right and it right to keep this President in office and we had better make sure that we keep the house and senate demoncratic as well.

138. Hadayai Majeed

By November I will have real health insurance (no high deductibles)that I can afford so I will be very happy to vote for all candidates who really want to see real change and who are not afraid of loud mouth, pitbull, lipstick wearing Sarah Palin, the Tea Party clan or anyone else.

139. Isabel from Marquette, Micghian

I don't get it, Jack. We finally have a President who is intelligent, articulate, thoughtful, well respected among his peers internationally, personable, and caring. Yet you and your cronies always seem to seek a reason to run him down! Health insurance reform provides my 23-year-old son who is graduating from college with a pre-existing heart condition a shot a good life. Are you kidding? I vote Democratic in November, and will work like heck to get as many people as possible to do the same.

140. Bob of Baltimore, Md

I will enter the voting booth and pull the OOOOOObama lever. What else will cure what ales me? As for the economy only Obama has a plan. The Repubs wait and see does not count

141. Sharon in Louisiana

I am in my 60's and have been a registered Democrat since age 18 y/o, but will never vote Democratic again!!!! When our elected officials go rogue, and refuse to listen to the people who put them in office, it's time for a CHANGE! OUT with the lot of them!!!!!

142. Don

Thank God our system has built in checks and balances. We can vote these idiots out, slow the health care program down, unwind the parts that do not work, or simply place a complete stop on it and start fixing the real issues ONE-AT-A-TIME so the results can be measured and adjustments made. The American People deserve REAL CHANGE. How about "1 bill = 1 change." Take away the option to create these huge "packages" and our elected officials would have to start working together to get things done.

143. Jack

Healthcare has got me 100% back in Obama's camp. A hundred years of Presidents could not make it happen till now. Despite the raving and ranting from the right at this time, it will be a different world in November. People will like their healthcare improvements. Students will be glad for cheaper loans. Unemployment will be down. The economy will be better. Housing will be up. And of course the Republicans will chase away thinking conservatives and independents with the fringies like Palin, Beck, Limbaugh, Hayworth, etc.

144. Vicki Simmerman Needham

It will greatly influence my vote and it will affect my involvement like never before. The health care bill is a march toward where many of us don't want to go. It has been a catalyst for a greater movement for smaller government. I am not a part of the tea party movement, by the way. There are many who are quietly active.
    Toledo, OH
    Please don't read on the air.

145. Michael

The passage of health care reform will make me more likely to vote for Democratic candidates in November and i feel that the Republicans are actually setting themselves up for a reality check as the American people begin to realize the benefits as we go forward. The insurance industry has proven that it cannot be trusted to reign in its baser instincts and it is the DUTY of the US government to protect its citizens. The Dems have done right!

Mike
    North Carolina

146. anna

Since I am capable of doing sixth grade math, I do not need pundits spinning that this is a "good deal" for the country.
    As a Democrat now an unenrolled voter, this fall I will vote for a candidate who votes for the good of the country and not his political party. Although I feel health reform is needed, I will not support any candidate who voted for this Healthcare Bill.

April 1, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  147. James, Charlotte, NC

Jack, we complain over and over again about Washington not doing anything for the American people. The Democrats finally did something. I rather have them working instead of the Republicans saying NO all the time. If im paying their salary and they continue to sit on their hands they deserve to be unemployed....the Repulicans.

April 1, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  148. janet-GA

I will definitely vote Republican. Obama has spent all this time trying to dismantle a health care system that worked for most Americans. No time has been devoted to creating jobs which should have been his primary concern. He's determined to go down in history as the President who reformed healthcare – regardless of the cost to our nation and it's citizens. He's turned out to be a huge failure already.

April 1, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  149. ma in arizona

I'll be voting Democratic and – don't care about the polls or the daily drivel on television. Has everyone forgotten what we've been through for the last eight years thanks to the Republicans? Let's call it like it is-this President is cleaning up the cesspool left behind and the whining needs to stop. Where's our American character of fairness and can-do instead of this Karl Rove-like cowardly finger pointing and sniping that's going on? Grow up!

April 1, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  150. K Ryan

It is far too premature to predict where the chads will fall in November, when voters haven't had time to learn about, understand and experience health care reform. My guess is that once most people know what is truly in reform, they're gonna be glad that the Dems grew a spine and voted – with a majority – to pass it.

Me personally? I'm backing every Democrat who backed the health care bill with time and/or cash.

April 1, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  151. Brenda Paulson

hell yeah it will influence how I vote, how long has it taken this contry to do the right thing?? I'll vote for those who stood up and did the right thing. As for those who are standing against the American people and for Big Business as usual Listen to this..WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE..

Brenda
    and the name of the town I live in says it all
    Truth or Consequences
    NM

April 1, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  152. Louis Patyk

Not at all. The best candidate gets my vote. You know, I do not put much stock in all these polls. As I remember, a whole lot of people are upset because the health care bill was to large, covered to much. On the other hand a whole lot of people thought it did not go far enough, to small.
    Now it seems that most polls do not take this as fact, do not ask which side of the issue they are on.These poll questions can be asked in a way, and are, that no matter the answer it will be the way they want Louie

April 1, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  153. Dick Evans

This is the defining issue for me in the upcoming elections. I will not support any candidate that voted "yes" for health care reform.
    This monstroisty of a bill will not address the issue of rerducing the cost of health care in America and will add significantly to our national debt. We need to start again, define the problem and then come up with real, affordable solutions

April 1, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  154. Gary - Woodhaven, Michigan

No affect at all.

I've voted in every election since I was 21 in 1970. I will not vote again until I find a candidate who serves the people and not an outdated ideology. When I find a candidate who tells the absolute truth, who puts people before ego, who delays gratification for the sake of his or her constituents, and who is capable of dealing with reality.

Though Obama has come the closest in my lifetime, I presume I won't be heading to the polls any decade soon.

April 1, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  155. John Donaldson

Health care will effect my vote to vote democratic in all upcoming elections I will never vote for another republican they took this country to the brink of disaster thank god for the democrats.

April 1, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  156. MsNomer N Arizona

I am all for the health care bill. I will vote for anyone who supported it and against anyone who did not support it. I like the President and I think he did the right thing focusing on the health care so he could get it passed. Now he can focus on those green jobs he promised. I think the republican ( I used to be a life long) party has gotten hijacked by the lunatic fringe.

April 1, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  157. Michael

April 1, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  158. John, Fort Collins, CO

Although I was negatively impressed with the Democrat's handling of the Health Care Reform legislation, the more I learn about the benefits of the bill for all or us, the more excited if become. Conversely, each additional cross country carnival conducted by the Tea people energizes me even more to support Betsy Markey, our Democratic Representative who voted in favor of Health Care Reform. The last thing we need in Congress are a couple dozen additional carnival barkers.

April 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  159. Ann Perry Garland Tx

It has no impack on my voting.I will vote Democratic.I don't like the way the Republican act.Big mouth,hollowing you lie and other demening word.I live in Texas and I am ashamed of them and they no who they are.

April 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  160. Clifford Rocque

It is said that the only people who are criticized are those who do something. The Obama administration did something, they passed health reform.God knows the Republicans had plenty of time to do something when they were in power but chose to do nothing. Now the GOP is saying they could do better, tell me now who is out of touch with the voters in America. The only thing the GOP did in their 8 year tenure was to get us mired in the most unlawful war in our history and we're still dealing with it today. Smart move? I am an independent and Obama has my vote on 2012 and the Dems have it this November.

April 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  161. Cliff Glass - East Rockaway, NY

Jack,

Years ago, there was a cartoon in the Jerusalem Post that showed the departing Prime Minister getting out of a wrecked car that he had driven into a ditch , turning the keys over to the new Prime Minister saying, "it's your turn to drive"
    President Obama inherited the economic equivalent of an Edsel. The health care reform is only one of the many repairs that are needed. Do we really want to return to the drivers we had in years past ?

April 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  162. Vermelle

I don't know what "American People" the Republican kept referring to, but they were not talking about me or my friends and family. I will not vote for the party of "NO". The bill may not be perfect, but it is a start.

April 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  163. Kathy

I will vote for the Democrats. While I'm not completely happy with the health care bill, it is a start and hopefully over time it will get better. We can't blame Obama and all of the Democrats for the state of our nation. Republicans had a hand in it for 8 years. Like wise we can't expect Obama to fix everything over night.

April 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  164. Mike In Texas

I am ecstatic to see Congress legislate based on the way the clear majority voted last election instead of the latest poll du jour. They are dancing with the ones that brung 'em and that's how it should be.

That takes good old fashion guts and will get my vote. I am happy to see the Congress we have today making some much needed hay for a change.

After all Jack, the way I see it, a poll and 99 cents will get you a cup of coffee.

April 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  165. luke (Providence)

Healthcare has passed, let move forward, onto the next issue, please!

April 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  166. Carol Link

President Barack Obama, walked into Office with a load of a mess waiting for him that Bush left for Him, You can not expect him to fix Bush's Mess all in 1 day hell it took Bush 8 year's to get us in this mess & it will take us 8 year's to fix what the REPUBLICAN'S MESSED UP!

April 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  167. Nancy Evans

My husband and I make under $100k combined gross annually. Now our health insurance premiums are going up, gasoline is still high, my 87 year old mother's medicare is being cut and her own health insurance premiums are going up. Additionally our choices for healthcare, one of a person's most personal decisions, are being taken away. We have never taken any public assistance of any kind nor have we requesed any. All we've done is pay – pay – pay to subsidize the poor life choices of others and buy more power for politicians (both parties). We had hoped Sarah Palin could be a firebrand for returning power to the people, but now, by campaigning for McCain, she has trashed that hope.

April 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm |
  168. Claire. Melbourne FL

Will we ever return to Sanity in our Government, Jack? We seem to be a nation with severe memory loss.... Who created this horrific economy? Thank you, GW Bush/Cheney. They borrowed us into the stratosphere with their trillion dollar tax cuts for businesses that already have massive write-offs. They don't pay their fair share.
    The middle class is the economic engine that drives this country, not big business – steal money from us and you have this sinking ship and massive unemployment. This old Republican will NEVER again vote for one of those brainless idealogues who quit representing their constituents for partisanship politics. Mad – you betcha..!!

April 1, 2010 at 6:21 pm |
  169. maria, california

I am voting based on immigration. It affects everything in California! Housing, education, healthcare, employment, services and benefits. I am sick of paying for people who are not supposed to be here to get what American citizens can't. We are broke in this state. Time to make sure American citizens are being heard and understood.

April 1, 2010 at 6:21 pm |
  170. jim Blevins

I intend to vote for my congressman because he voted for health care reform. There is a lot of time between now and November - it will be interesting to see whether reason or irrational emotion prevails. If the people who would rather let others die for lack of proper health care prevail - I worry for this country.

Jim, Craig, CO

April 1, 2010 at 6:21 pm |
  171. Charita Garrett

no, it won't affect my vote.... I'm a loyal democrat....however, democrats really need find good candidates to run!

April 1, 2010 at 6:21 pm |
  172. jerry cameron nc

this is not affecting my vote at all.. only have four words to say to my freinds on here and in washington "BRING IT ON REPUBLICANB'S"

April 1, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  173. L J California

Hi Jack, I have been a life long Democrate but no longer. When a party goes against the will of the people in such a arrogant and sleezy way as the Democrats did with health care, I don't want any part of them. I'll be registered as an Independent come November.

April 1, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  174. Jermain, TX

Not at all. The republicans had 8 years to do something about healthcare and all they did was get us into 2 wars and pass the patriot act, which violates our rights more than healthcare reform ever will. All of a sudden the GOP has new ideas about healthcare, if they had only been in position to do something about it the last decade, wow

April 1, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  175. Jim

Same old story, moochers vs producers.

Voltaire was right, like it or not we sure get what we deserve.

This may be the last stage of our republic, when voters vote for their pocketbook.

Sure am glad I wont be along long enough to pay for this fiasco.

Come november, VOTE ALL THE BUMS OUT!!

Jim, Citrus Springs, Florida

April 1, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  176. Ali D.

I will vote for those who packed the health care reform. It's that simple!

Ali D.
    Seattle

April 1, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  177. John Trovato

Open you eyes Jack, tell the real story. I will vote for the democrat's again. Republicans are for the rich man. You know the more you have the more you want. That what the republicans support.

April 1, 2010 at 6:23 pm |
  178. RobbT

You have to realize that; 1) "reform is politico-eze for appeasement; 2) this is health "insurance" reform rather than health care reform (health care reform will never happen until human beings are the paradigm rather than making profit on human frailties); and 3) this mandatory nonsense is only going to make the insurance companies richer and richer. — I voted against Palin in the last election but I'll probably return to my policy of withholding my vote because the current administration has proven that all politicians are in the same club — millionaires grasping more power and more money.

April 1, 2010 at 6:23 pm |
  179. Rebecca

Jack, thanks to Congress (aka the DEMS) I just received health insurance FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS, after being dropped by my carrier when I got "sick" (aka my OBGYN discovered that one of my ovaries is larger than the other – GIVE ME A BREAK!). I will vote YES for ANY brave Congressperson who stood up for people like me. Health Insurers and most Republicans should be ashamed of themselves.

I believe most Americans like me who have been at WAR with HMOs for months, years, or even decades will also vote YES for Dems. Give me a break! This is becoming old news.

How about we discuss something RELEVANT, like the fact that 3 of our brave US Navy SEALs are getting Court Martialed? Why won't CNN report on that?

April 1, 2010 at 6:23 pm |
  180. Roger Easson

The health care bill is a great victory for the Democrats and this President. Of course, I will vote Democratic this year. Who could possibly support the know nothing, do nothing liars in the Republican Party.

April 1, 2010 at 6:23 pm |
  181. Marie in North Port, Florida

I'm going to vote for whomever is in favor of this healthcare reform. The American people spoke loud and clear when we voted Pres. Obama into office. For crying out loud people, the man isn't a miracle worker and it's going to take TIME and PATIENCE from us to get this done. I know too many people that go without insurance because they choose to keep a roof over their kids' heads and food on the table. It's a crying shame that everyone isn't entitled to the same medical care that our senators and governors get on our dime. It's sickening to me that anyone would be against what the President is trying to accomplish for a better America. I plan to stick with the Democrats!

April 1, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  182. Michael

April 1st, 2010 4:51 pm ET

I love how Obama just blows off the fact he has alienated most of America.

I have never seen someone so full of himself.

The bill is not going to make the world explode now. It is going to slow down the recovery of the economy and have lasting effects that will come about after he is long out of office.

April 1, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  183. Sly from Miami

Of course it will effect my midterm vote. The republicans were so against health care reform by voting no to everything. if they were so apprehensive about finding common ground to help the country they love so much, what would they do if they regain power again? Im sorry but I don't trust my well being in their hands.

April 1, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  184. Jeff Eisenman

I will be much more likely to vote for our representatives who courageously stood up for the middle class and passed health insurance reform. As for the Republicans who consistently misrepresented what was in the bill, I can only hope that progressives will successfully "call out" these people and make them pay at the polls for their dishonesty.

April 1, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  185. Robert

I will vote with president obama all the way. He gets things done and you will be thankful in the future.

April 1, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  186. Babylove

I am a proud Independent who votes for the candidate MOST in touch with my concerns and wishes. While I'm not exactly happy with the way the current administration has handled things, I am very perturbed by how their counterparts are handling things. Right now I have yet to see any strong, honest GOP candidates. Unfortunately, all I see is a choice between the Tea Baggers (let's face it, they've overtaken the GOP) and Obama. Obama is handling things like an adult, although WRONG in my opinion on some things. But the Tea Baggers' rhetoric is even worse.

April 1, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  187. Adam C.

It is really up the Democrats if they really want to win the midterms. The Democrats have already been left divided after this Health Care debate like they were always to start with. The Democratic Party is a constant marathon of Wrestling's Monday Night Raw and they continued the paradigm of temporarily alliances before they go back to beating the living daylights out of each other. The "Party of Hope" is probably an abstract definition of the Democrats, but if they want my vote, they are going have to put an end to their own petty differences and act like they care about my hopes and dreams.

Adam C.
    Monroe, WI

April 1, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  188. Mary Ellen

I am a proud Independent. I will vote for anyone who will prosecute corrupt insurance executives for criminal wrongdoing and put them in jail. Gone will be the endless handing out of deferred agreements and non prosecution agreements coming out of the Justice Department and its affiliate offices that are a complete joke to insurance industry's executives.

April 1, 2010 at 6:25 pm |
  189. Michael Brown

Give this president a chance he working his butt off trying to make things better for this country , Less not forget how bad things were when Bush left ,STOP fighting him and WORK with him to make this a better country that's all he want and take the POLITICS out PLEASE United we stand Divided we Fall !!!!!

April 1, 2010 at 6:25 pm |
  190. Dan

Jack,
    The health care bill may not be the best, but it is better than none at all. A health care bill should have been passed many years ago. I am completely disabled due to inadequate care because insurance companies would not insure me due to pre-existing conditions. I will be voting Yes for Democrats and NO for Republicans [their favorite word.]

April 1, 2010 at 6:25 pm |
  191. Kadlen from MO

I will vote for the Dems in the midterm. Some of the parts of health care originated with Republican legislators over the past two decades. I have no respect for the way the Republicans just say "no" to everything. I also think they sadly underestimate the intelligence of people – their scare tactics are pathetic.

April 1, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  192. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Jack Cafferty and CNN friends,

The Democrats are standing up for All the American people
    on the health care reform legislation.
    I would Really like to see
    the Republicans to Stand Up for All the American people and
    Really WALK THE TALK!
    Most people just talk and TALK!

Conclusion:
    Health care reform has affect my vote and
    the votes of all American people in a positive way!

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul

April 1, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  193. HUBERT BERTRAND

Jack; I've lost my faith in AMERICA Both partys are fighting among each other and don't know why.Lobbyist are too strong big oil is still working underhand to destroy AMERICA No matter how we vote the EVIL will win.No one listen to us little people. we don't count

April 1, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  194. Theresa-Washington State

I will vote DEMOCRAT except in special cases, but also think NEW BLOOD will be good. I think OBAMA is the most intelligent, fair-minded, and inspiring leader we've had in a VERY LONG TIME. He is making hard decisions that will NEVER PLEASE EVERYONE but is the right thing to do in order to plant the seeds that can help move us forward into the 21st Century.

April 1, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  195. janet - georgia

I will vote Republican. Obama has dismantled a healthcare program that worked for most Americans just so he can go in the record books as having reformed healthcare – no matter what the cost.

April 1, 2010 at 6:27 pm |
  196. Sharon Davis

I like many other progressives feel that a single payor system would bring the United States on par with the rest of the western world. Health care is a right not a priviledge. Unfortunately, in this country fear is used to control those individuals less progressive in thought and the Republican party knows that tactic very well. I don't blame President Obama for this reform which is very short of my desires. I salute him for staying the ground in face of the Republican ridiculous fear tactics. I would vote for anyone who is intelligent and has the real interests of the population of the United States in mind and that is certainly not the current Republican representatives..

April 1, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  197. lanie

Obama much to far to the left for me. First time I will not vote for a Democrat.

April 1, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  198. Jesse J Vancouver Canada

Hi Jack,

This is why America has no one to blame for 2 bad wars, banks and car companies TOO BIG to fail, and a country on the brink of financial ruin.

It is high time Americans start thinking about what is important in life... like their health!

Maybe if they did that to start with they wouldn't have voted in leaders who started meaningless wars, gave the taxpayer money to the banks and propped up failing companies with public monies.

Jesse J
    Vancouver Canada

April 1, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  199. Liz, Los Angeles, CA

All of them in Congress are in somebody's pocket in one way or another. I only hope that voters really look at a given candidate's record, with the result that they vote "for" someone rather than "against" someone. Our while process is based (or at least it's supposed to be) on a positively motivated electorate, not an electorate that is caught up in "he said/she said" rhetoric.

April 1, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  200. Joe (Howard) from Ohio

Jack,
    I'm against large government spending. But I'm also under the impression there is an even larger morale imperative to promote the general Welfare. Of all the things to change my vote, this health care reform is one of them. I voted for John Boehner last time around. I won't be doing it again. Why vote for someone who doesn't want to be part of progress, or worse, will campaign on taking us backwards?

April 1, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  201. Susan - Plano, TX

Jack,

No policy is designed to work for everyone, no policy is good for everyone because this is not a perfect world. We simply have to work for the best, hope for the best and be the best.

I am puzzled why one policy would impact the vote...GOP is here to stir up the best they could but fails...Did you ever see a looser with sweet tongue?

Susan- Plano, TX

April 1, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  202. Karen Rubin

How sad it is that there are so many SELFISH Americans who don't realize that this health care bill will affect millions who can't afford to go to a doctor. To say that most Americans don't want this is ridiculous and i believe that the Democrats will slaughter the Republicans at the polls in November. By stating that the Republicans are going to win at the mid-year elections doesn't make it so, Jack. I think President Obama is a great man and a tireless worker for the middle class!

April 1, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  203. John L

As a moderate Democrat or sometimes Independent, HC reform almost guarantees the President and any reasonable Dem gets my vote. The Republican party has been hijacked by Conservatives who think the American people want no on-going social and financial support systems in place: Wrong! Conservatives can scream about higher taxes under the Dems, but with huge numbers of Boomers moving toward retirement, and the cost of SS and Medicare going up to cover us, which Republicans voted for - and we've paid into for 40 years - our aging society demands taxes have to go up whether we elect Dems or Repubs or Indies. The middle class no longer believes the Conservative anti-govt philosophy supports our vulnerable future.

April 1, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  204. Darwin B Phillips

I can't wait to vote a straight Democrat ticket as a member of Obamas Foot soldiers, time to clean up 50 years of foolish republican greed and ignorance, not to mention arrogance, and put America back on track to regain it's true direction and fortune as the greatest Country on Earth, many discounted the Dream, perhaps some are beginning to understand what they are dealing with now, God knows they are making more than enough noise, but just watch our smoke !!!

April 1, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  205. Jan - Lancaster, PA

Americans have a short memory but with the media's help in presenting only one side of an issue, it is no wonder the polls are registering higher marks for the GOP. It was the Republicans who brought us to the brink of economic collapse. It was the Republicans who authored TARP. It has been the Republicans that have deregulated the financial institutions & responsible for removing the anti-trust laws. Yes the Dems are responsible in some of this over the decades but both parties are pretty sad when it comes to governing and SOLVING this nations problems. But then what do expect when often, they are the ones who created the economic environment to create the greed based economy we now have.
    Term limits & campaign reform will help in removing the dead wood.
    No more special interest lobbying & legislate that corporations are NOT individuals.

April 1, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  206. Rhoda Bryce

Yes, it will, with over 60% of the populus against the health care bill, congress did their own thing and did not represent the people. I will vote against anyone who voted for the health care bill.

Rhoda
    Scottsdale, Az

April 1, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  207. ben stockton, calif

before anyone passed judgement om the health care issue, lets wait until all the if and or buts are ironed out. as a senior it doesnt bother me if i have to pay extra for services rendered and i am on a fixed income. eventually most sensible people will discount the tea party ,people and i think the only reason they dont like obama is because he is a black man .. plain and simple. i look out for what benefits my children and grand kids. this too will pass and most people will see it as a good thing like medicare and social security..

April 1, 2010 at 6:30 pm |
  208. Doc in Elko, Nevada

My main criteria in November will be vote for anybody but an incumbent (and that includes our less-than-distinguished senator Harry Reid). Health care is just the latest in a long list of travesties to come out of Washington. We the people need to fire 'em all.

April 1, 2010 at 6:30 pm |
  209. Bhagos

This won't affect me at all. It actually motivate me to volunteer for the democrats. Republicans where in-charge for eight years. What did they do? Left us with a huge deficit so wide and deep it is going to take years to recover. Republicans can only look after their pocket from rich business people and insurance companies not the middle income Americans.
    The democrats are working very hard to save this country from going down the hill. I am glad they are in-charge. Lanham, MD

April 1, 2010 at 6:30 pm |
  210. Barbara Eastburn

This new, revised Healthcare Plan is a godsend for our family. We have college graduates unable to find work with benefits and who also have preexisting conditions that further complicate securing healthcare.
    The middle class American is the segment of society who depends on this revised plan. Just as Medicare has provided for the middle class, this health plan restructuring will prove to be essential to the health and wellness of the middle class - the backbone of America.

April 1, 2010 at 6:31 pm |
  211. lori

I have never been more disgusted than with the manner of health legislation being passed – Congress supposedly works for us!! So many unrelated matters were attached – what does the Student Loan business have to do with HEALTH CARE!!! I work and PAY TAXES – unllike half of this country – I am tired of taking care of everyone – I am diabetic and have fibromyalgia – it is not fun to go to work every day – BUT I DO!! I am sending my tax bill and increased insurance premiums to Nancy Pelosi and Obama - they can afford it!!

April 1, 2010 at 6:32 pm |
  212. Bruce Bergdahl

No, the President lost my vote a long time ago. The recent "Health Care Reform" action further cemented my belief in the failure of ANY political party to represent me, or my values. The almost criminal way the "leadership" of the Legislative Branch of the government used a narrow loophole in passing the debacle called "Health Care Reform" shows the American People truly cannot trust their representation.

I work in emergency health care, and I know first hand how health care needs to be changed. But this attitude of change-at-any-cost is simply not acceptable.

April 1, 2010 at 6:33 pm |
  213. Ray from Charleston Sc

I will definitely not support anyone that voted in favor of healthcare reform. Does anyone know any facts about it ? What happened to it being available for every American to read on line before any action would be taken on it ? I believe that most Americans oppose a government run healthcare, so how did the people in Washington that supposedly REPRESENTus pass it anyway ? If they are not representing the majority of the people it is obvious they are pushing their own personal views and agendas on the American people, and that is why most Americans have had enough government control of anything. Look at past government programs, and we're supposed to believe the government can do it better and cheaper with healthcare ?

April 1, 2010 at 6:35 pm |
  214. Michael

This does nt mean that millions of americans will get to go to the doctor. This means there are millions of americans who cannot afford to get health insurance and will be fined since they do not buy it.

Remember this is our government who thinks poverty is making less than 13K a year. You try to live on 13k a year.

April 1, 2010 at 6:35 pm |
  215. Philip ( Atlanta, Georgia)

Jack, when you have to choose between two demons, you go for the lesser evil. How about a third war somewhere in Iran, another economic depression and perhaps, a total colapse of the system. I tend to be swayed towards the left on these grounds. Evidently, i have been a democrat since Bush took office. Was i included in the 36% of Democrats? Nobody ever seeked my opinion on future vote until now.

April 1, 2010 at 6:35 pm |
  216. Zakiyyah Ali

I feel as though people are being too overly critical of Obama and the new Healthe Care Bill. The man has been in office for just over a year and being that he has come into office in a bad economy of course people are going to look down on his policy it's not what he's doing now it's what was put in place by the last president (who shall remain un-named) his policy probably won't come into act until the next few months. Politics take time things don't change over night so as a nation we just need to sit tight and ride the tide. Yes times are hard and the just may get harder but we need to be a little more objective in out view and stop always triying to judge things before they have a chance to work

April 1, 2010 at 6:36 pm |
  217. steve- virginia beach

Democrats keep telling me that I'm going to like higher healthcare costs, higher insurance premiums, higher costs of prescriptions and medical supplies, less time with my doctor. significantly higher state taxes to pay for Medicaid mandates, and loss of even more of my liberty to choose what to buy or not buy. And when I become eligible for Medicare, I'll be happier seeing a nurse instead of a doctor. And that I'll be glad to have my wealth redistributed to high school dropouts and obese people. They've also told me that I'm going to be glad that they did this to me instead of solving the jobs and economic crisis. Or any other problem that has created the mess we're in. But I'm not drinking their Kool Aid and am doing everything I legally can to get the Dems out of office.

April 1, 2010 at 6:37 pm |
  218. Dennis/Missouri

Simple Jack. The majority of America was against the health care. Congress ignored us and passed it any way. Well, since they supposedly work for us I guess we need to fire them. I can't wait for the election. I am voting against my senator since she voted for it. I will be voting against Obama also.

April 1, 2010 at 6:37 pm |
  219. Phil,Eastern WA

Geez, Jack...you expect President Obama to cleanse all the wrongs committed over the past 8 years by the Bush administration? He has been in office a little over a year and has accomplished an act (Health Care Reform) that hasn't been done in over 100 years! Give reform a chance to "sink in", and I think you'll see a dramatic change in the polls. Unemployment and a sinking economy are not by-products of the Obama administration. These have been building over the past 8 years, and it's going to take some time to mitigate these issues. Remember..."The fundamentals of the economy are strong". This statement by McCain was issued BEFORE Mr. Obama was elected. Those who blame him (Obama) for all these ills are wrong!

April 1, 2010 at 6:40 pm |
  220. bill, fresno, california

The Republicans haven't done anything for Americans who aren't rich since Lincoln freed the slaves.

I

April 1, 2010 at 6:40 pm |
  221. Robin Murphy

Because of this massive healthcare bill (oh and the failed Stimulus Bill), I will only vote for fiscally conservative candidates. We need to act NOW to reduce our debt and deficit. It's only a matter of time when our country will hurl itself to a huge financial crisis. And printing more money won't even come close to fixing our financial issues.

April 1, 2010 at 6:40 pm |
  222. steve- virginia beach

Habitually throwing large sums of money at symptoms while perpetrating the underlying problems and even making some worse will never get my vote. So-called healthcare reform is the final nail in the Democrat coffin.

April 1, 2010 at 6:44 pm |