August 11th, 2009

Interested in Sarah Palin's views on health care?

Palin suggests the disruptive protests 'diminish our nation's civil discourse', and says opponents shouldn't give supporters of health care reform any reason to criticize them.

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

First she called Pres. Obama's health care plan "evil" and said it would create "death panels." Now Sarah Palin is urging restraint at town hall meetings.

In comments on her Facebook page, the former governor of Alaska (who quit in the middle of her first term) says there are many "disturbing details" in the health care bill, but that "we must stick to a discussion of the issues and not get sidetracked by tactics that can be accused of leading to intimidation or harassment."

Palin suggests the disruptive protests "diminish our nation's civil discourse", and says opponents shouldn't give supporters of health care reform any reason to criticize them.

This is the same woman who a few days ago was spreading a false claim that Pres. Obama would force the elderly and disabled to appear before a "death panel." She said a group of bureaucrats would get to decide whether people like her parents and her son, who has Down Syndrome, could get health care.

There's no such provision in the bill. Gee, do you suppose she didn't read it? Rather, a House committee passed a provision that would let Medicare reimburse seniors who want counseling on end-of-life issues. Once again, Sarah Palin's version of reality is at odds with reality.

Whatever the reason, Palin backed down. See, she wasn't getting much support. Several Republican governors distanced themselves from her, either refusing to comment or saying Palin could "speak for herself." Not exactly the way to build that right-of-center coalition she keeps talking about.

SO HERE'S THE QUESTION: Are you interested in Sarah Palin's views on health care reform?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Bryan in Georgia
No, so please stop covering this woman. She obviously hasn't even read the proposals – seeing her past statements. We have "death panels" right now – they are called insurance companies. They are the ones that are making hourly decisions whether people live and die by deciding if they will cover them or not!

Lee in Henrico, North Carolina
I was interested in her views until I heard her "death panel" remark. It's now clear that she's not much interested in the facts. Therefore, I'm no longer interested in her views, on anything.

Kodiak in Alaska
Not in the least. I live in Alaska and think she's out of her mind, or what limited mind she may have. By the way, the Alaska Legislature just overrode her veto of federal energy stimulus funds (the only state to do so).

Pat in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Sarah Palin could not be more of a loon if she sprouted wings, started flying around, and eating raw fish. Why are we still paying attention to her?

Lee in Arlington, Texas
I am always interested in hearing what Palin has to say. Her world view is like getting to go to an improv comedy show for free and everyone needs a good laugh.

Craig
I couldn't care less what Mrs. Palin's views are on whether you should drink white or red wine with chicken, let alone her views on health care. The woman is a clown, a non-thinking entity who is destroying the image of women in politics every time she opens her mouth. Right-wingers like her because she's cute and she's religious.

Tom
There's little about Sarah Palin and her views that interest me. She continues to prove that she is nothing but irrelevant when it comes to matters of substance. She's all Eskimo and no Igloo.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Josh

Jack, I am always interested in Sarah Palin's views. There is no end to the amusement I get whenever she tries to speak.

August 11, 2009 at 3:59 pm |
  2. paul westminster maryland

This from the same person who in her farewell speech accused people of lying about HER. This is a clear cass of the pot calling the kettle black. She puts Murdochs minions to shame, and I always thought they were the biggest liars in the public arena.

August 11, 2009 at 3:59 pm |
  3. Ashley

The only thing I find interesting about Sarah Palin's views is that she continues to garner media attention. The people who claim to agree with her statements fall into two categories: crazy people and people who have fundamentalist agendas. Otherwise Sarah Palin is completely irrelevant to this nation's current political landscape and the reality of our collective daily lives. Completely, totally IRRELEVANT.

August 11, 2009 at 3:59 pm |
  4. Kate

Jack,
    I'm not interested in muc that Sarah Palin has to say, and even less interested in thos who feel she has merit, credibility or leadership potential. Sarah has shown that she can change her tune to suit her attack on her "opponent" and she is clearly just in it for an extended 15 minutes of fame.

August 11, 2009 at 3:59 pm |
  5. Susan

In a word no. Perhaps she should follow her own words of advice and in honor of the American Soldier quit making things up.

6. Andrea

I am not interested in this woman's views on ANYTHING! I thought she quit! why won't she just go away!?

7. case

Apparently only Democrats are required to sight sources or provide proof when making statements anymore. Palin and her GOP associates make new off the wall accusations against Obama almost daily without giving examples or documentation to back up their claims, yet the media never presses them on that fact. Controversy and ratings have trumped basic journalistic ethics.

8. Jim Fox

Sarah Palin is very uninformed individual that should not even have a pulpit to express her views. I am still bewildered how any one takes her seriously, and why Senator McCain selected her as his running mate. If he had spent any time with her prior to his selection I believe he would have chosen differently. Her 15 minutes of fame should be over by now and the American public should have the intelligence to ignore her.

If there are many disturbing details in the health care plan I would suggest she list them for the public and not use general statements that mean nothing.

9. Paul Lewis

I am not interested in what Ms Palin's views are on anything. She has demonstrated time and time again she opens her mouth without having the facts about the subject she is spouting off about. This type of behavior is acceptable for a young child, but should not be condoned in an adult and should NOT receive any attention from the media. She may be on the stage because of a mistake make by the Republican party but she has demonstrated she is not qualified to be listened to. If the press will stop covering her maybe she will have time to actually learn how to 1) make a complete sentence 2) read the available information from original sources and 3) start coming off like an educated person who deserves being listened to.

10. ShariO

Sarah who?

11. Julie Thomas

Absolutely not.

12. Mike

Not one bit. Further, I'm not interested in Sarah Palin's views on anything at all.

13. Bob

Jack, it's time throw in the towel on Palin, and realize that all she really has knowledge is soccer and where Russia is located. If loose lips can sink ships then she is all we need in the Navy.

14. Sara, Indianapolis, IN

No Jack, I don't care about Sarah Palin's views on anything involving politics. Why? Because she's clearly demonstrated she's an idiot. She's a hot-headed dimwit who just likes to promote hatred toward the scary liberals. If she would like to publicize her views on hockey, hunting, being a mother, shopping, etc., then sure, I'll listen. But on a topic like healthcare, I'd prefer to hear from someone whom I feel is more educated and/or more intelligent than myself, and Sarah Palin, is neither.

15. John

Sarah Palin is simply an ignorant rabble-rouser who says irresponsible things off the cuff with the purpose of riling up the right-wing Republican "base". Unfortunately, some people actually listen to her, so her opinions "matter", sad as that is.

16. Joanne Hollinger, Washington Boro, PA

Jack, we're not even slightly interested in what this woman with no real grasp of issues has to say on anything. She has proven herself unqualified for the national stage, and if the media outlets would stop giving her a forum, maybe she'd go away and give it a rest.

17. Joy in Texas

I could care less about what she has to say...I think that she is a total flake.....I doubt that she even has the intelligence required to be able to understand the purposed health care bill, so its not even a question of if she has read it or not .I think she proved this when she made such rediculous statements about the "death squads" Give us a break from this woman, stop giving her press...Please!!!

18. dz austin, tx

Nope, no, nada, no way, never, not even close. Why would I think she knows anything about health care, health care costs, what deductible means, the medicare is a government program, whart the Russians are up to.......

Get the point?

19. Johnny

No, not interested in what thinks or says, just oddly entertained by her.

20. John B

NO! We all know that she is just waiting around for the race in 2012 and has to keep poking the public in the eye with her rarely prepared and often laughable statements, just to keep reminding us that she's here. Otherwise, Republicans would all remember her for blowing it for McCain or for quitting on being governor when she knew she wouldn't get reelected.
    -John B in Moscow, ID

21. Millard Shepherd

Here is a person with a degree in Journalism. educated at several institutions of higher learning, elected as Governor of a State. who as many failed to check the facts before giving an opinion. IT would be prudent for all (including the media) to find out what the bill does do or does not do. The Bill is not in it's final ,form. The Senate has yet to debate.The bill goes to a conference committee for further scrutiny. The President still can veto the Bill if he feels the bill does not meet the goals he has set for Health Reform. It seems there are those in opposition who do not know what they are opposing.
    A Backwoods Southern Lawyer!

22. sharons

No. I'd rather hear from people who know what they are talking about.

23. Brigitte

I really don't care about her views – but I do care about the impact it can make on folks who consider themselves ultra conservatives – Not a healthy infusion of information – or mis-information I should say.

24. chris call

The women needs to forget about any health care dialogue and resume her watch of Russia out her kitchen window.

25. Lisa T

No. I am not interested in Ms. Palin's views on healthcare. As a matter-of-fact, I won't be interested in anything she says unless it is constructive and contributes to solving our nation's problems. She is coming off as a self-serving narcissist who is out to advance herself and seems little interested in the well being of the entire population of our great nation.

26. Rod

Sarah is just a quack job...She lost it and needs to shout up until she has the facts and stop misleading people. Nothing new from her. This is from the person who quit her job and wanted to be VP of the United States. What a joke.

Charlotte, NC

27. Gary

Absolutely NOT! This woman is irrelevant in all aspects of politics. She is a quitter and no one should pay attention to what she has to say.

Woodland Hills, CA

August 11, 2009 at 4:00 pm |
  28. Gregory Miami Beach, FL.

I could care less about what palin thinks, however I am concerned that there are so many that think like her. I watched a couple town hall meetings and felt embarrassment to see so many behave like they distrust our goverment and don't want it involved in thier lives and believe stupid and misleading rumors. Ignorance is running rampant in America and to let those very people into a democratic forum for intelligent debate is only asking for trouble and trouble they got!

29. Laurie, North Dakota

Governor Palin is an erratic, delusional thinker. What in the world could she have been thinking to put something so inflamatory and idiotic in writing. I think and always have thought that she has used her disabled child to further her wild and unrealistic ramblings. For being a "Christian" she surely has demonstrated her lack of ethics and moral values time and time again. I am not interested in her views on anything. Thank God she is not the Vice President of the United States.

30. Jackie from Florida

Interested is not the word. Do I believe anything she says–No. But it's so fun to hear what she's going to step in each she opens her mouth.

31. Ben

I don't believe any unsubstantiated statements that Sarah Palin makes. She's been making wild allegations since the Presidential campaign. Why would I believe her current batch of wild allegations?

32. deb

Don't care what sarah palins opinion is, just like to hear the funny things she comes up with

33. Kimmy Covington

I have absolutely no interest in what Sarah Palin has to say. Quite frankly, I think she's a nut. But I realize that many good people across the country are interested and influenced by her views. People are not getting their information from the right places. They're listening to people like Sarah Palin and other talk show nuts and they're buying into the fear factor. It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. I'm don't know if I support this healthcare proposal but I'm definitely not going to listen to what Sarah Palin thinks about it.

Kimmy Covington, Atlanta, Georgia

34. DDP

I'm interested in Sarah Palin's motivations for calling for restraint at town hall meetings. She's either devilishly cunning, or cunningly devilish. Either way, maybe she realizes killing the democratic process is no way to go in America.

35. Dave Macer '78

Atlanta, GA

FInally she said something of interest - THE TRUTH. Civil discourse is the way this country was founded. There is absolutely nothing wrong with disagreement during the course of debate and discussion. However, once it is decided, all of us MUST embrace it. That includes left wingnuts and right wingnuts.

36. Anita Smith

I'm interested only in that, unfortunately, many people still follow & believe her. And, by the way, if Palin were an average mother of a Down's Syndrome child, she would have great difficulty purchasing health insurance from private for-profit companies.

Anita Smith
    Glen Oaks, NY

37. Ted

No. Her first comment (about "death panels") mess up her credibility for me. Now, she is interesting but no longer relevant.

38. Anthony

It is scary that Sarah Palin has inlfuence. I wish she did not speak out because the more she speaks the less people listen. I would love for her to be a candidate 2012 to ensure a second Obama term.

39. Tim

Not only am I not interested in her views on health care reform, I am not interested in her! Frankly, I am tired of her wicked tongue and lack of substance when it comes to what SHE would DO as president, vice-president or as a former governor...

40. Michelle

No, I used to think she was naive and new. Now I think she is a deceiver. I think she is going to be even more to the right, so that she can get a talk show spewing hate or go on the radio stating untruths. I am becoming more and more concerned that the right wing conservatives are becoming more and more violent and insighting fear and potential violence.

41. Ben Ferreira

No, she has never shown any knowledge of health care legislation (or any legislation for that matter). Furthermore, I find it sad that major news networks feel compelled to give these right-wing folks equal coverage. There accusations are not based on reality or facts; it's up to the reporters to expose these lies for what they are.

42. Larry from Seattle

Jack, not at all. I am a Republican, and even share some of her views, but she lost what little (if any) credibility she had left with the resignition and "death panel" statement.

43. J Meyer

No, I am not interested in anything she says or does. I don't understand why the media keeps giving her attention, she should have disappeared after the election. She has a family and I think she should focus her time on them, after dragging them all over the country. It is obvious that she loves the attention and the spotlight – maybe a TV show with Sean Hannity would be more to her liking – they seem to have the same vicious and hateful opinions.

44. Michael Gallitelli

Why is Sarah Palin even relevant? She has more than proved herself to be oblivious to the facts (of damn near everything) and has the audacity to criticize those who point out her obvious political shortcomings. I am apolitical, but the conservatives of the country would better served by distancing themselves from her. There are far better conservative women out there. I have always said the only reason why Sarah Palin is still in the news, is she marginally attractive. If she were physically unappealing, no one would be listening. If Caribou Barbie really wanted to serve her country, she would shy away from the public light, and return to be the beer drinking, big game hunting, hockey mom he proclaims to be.

45. Kevin S.

Please keep publishing the thoughts of this village idiot. As a matter of fact, please keep endorsing the idea of her running for the presidency in 2012. That way, Obama is a two-termer for sure!

46. Lorna

No, and I am not sure why I even read your blog about her. I'm glad she changed her tune, maybe she should read up more about the issues she chooses to talk about.

47. sandy lynch

I would love to hear any Republican's view on health care that did not include sniping at the current plan. All I have heard is misinformation and no explanation why they did not put forth a health care plan after trashing the Clintons' plan in 92. they had 12 years when they controlled Congress and 6 of them under a Republican president. Under them, it ain't gonna happen.

48. Rick Allen

Jack,
    I care because, like it or not, the points she brings up are the ones that opponents of health care reform keep repeating. It doesn't matter that they are untrue, or if the points are virtually unrelated to the subject under discussion.

The proponents of health care can look at Palin's points and choose not to focus on any of them. These are time-wasting, slight-of-hand efforts to keep the focus off real reform.

49. Bosco Bustemante

"Interested in Sarah Palin’s views on health care?"

Nope. Nor her views on anything else, her likes/dislikes, favorite TV show or anything else about Sarah Failin'

August 11, 2009 at 4:20 pm |
  50. Scott

I am interested in EVERYONE'S views...Palens, yours, those I disagree with and those I agree with. Informed choice is something I value. Long live the First Amendment!

August 11, 2009 at 4:20 pm |
  51. Jay

Jack Sarah Palin’s needs to start tweeting again so I can watch William Shattner read them oh the tonight show.

August 11, 2009 at 4:20 pm |
  52. Bella

Sarah Palin uses personal hysteria to influence other people. Rather than study the proposals and use her position to help create a good health care system, she makes untrue and inflamatory statements, just to distort the work that is being done.

Good people want the best, not just their own interest. Sarah Palin does not care at all. Not about Alaska, not about the father of her daughter's child, not about the United States. What she cares about is lying to get press, and being against our president. Where is her loyal citizenship?

August 11, 2009 at 4:20 pm |
  53. James Hatfield

The only reason I am interested in Sarah Palin's views is that it gives comedians an endless source of material. I think she's great! Good for moral.

August 11, 2009 at 4:20 pm |
  54. Mimi

The woman is a complete buffoon. She's one of those people that when they speak you get embarassed for them. Kinda like Dubya.

Mimi
    Nashville, TN

August 11, 2009 at 4:20 pm |
  55. Clark

I don't care what Palin thinks about anything....not even hunting moose.

August 11, 2009 at 4:20 pm |
  56. Lenny

I dont know why anyone is still listening to Ms. Palin. She is unintelligent or rather ill informed. She really should stop interjecting herself in political debates but rather stick to simplier things she would be comfortable explaining.

57. John Lawrence

No interest in former governor Palin's views a bit. Haven't her 15 minutes expired yet?!!

58. Bill of Hewlett, NY

I care about Palin's opinions only to the extent that they reflect those of her ignorant, hysterical, and class resentment-filled followers. Unfortunately, those people vote.

She made a bad political mistake. First, she adds fuel to the protests by spreading lies about death panels, making herself look unprincipled. When the protests become an embarrassment to other Republican politicians, they distance themselves from her. Now, she's isolated. She then backpedals by calling for calm. The protesters better settle down; otherwise, she will look ineffective as well as unprincipled.

59. ILNER, Union, NJ

Honestly Jack, i dont think sarah palin understand what we're talking about here, the lady cant understand complex domestic issues, i wouldntbe surprise to hear her say " Take your government hands off my medicare."

60. Ron

She is "Much ado about nothing"

61. WENDY HILL

Jack, don't you mean to ask if we are interested in Palin at all? It does beg the oft-heard query- is this the best they have to offer their own followers? Already so full of misguided, hate fueled rhetoric... Here's an ideal ticket to secure Obama another four years: Palin-Limbaugh

Wendy Hill
    Connecticut

62. T Monks

Dems could easily use such crazy logic as Palin.
    Lets try this on:
    It could be said that Republican's tend the have money and good health care... while democrats tend to be more of the working class and suffer poor health care choices... Maybe... the crazy on the republican side is to keep the population of the democrats down by not allowing them coverage, therefore allowing them to come back to POWER (which they love so much).. After all, we can't elect them on competence. They either have fear or ignorance. Since that didn't work last time, they need population control for those who are not wealthy.

Enough with the CRAZY!!!! Lets get REAL!

63. Marty

She is a American is she NOT?

64. Robert Crice

I am interested in everyones comments. That is how I can make a reasoned judgement on the issues. I even listen to Jack Cafferty – sometimes he has something reasonable to say.

65. Shirley

Well- Sarah is a U.S. citizen right? Or was she born in that country – Alaska? Funny I know.

As a private citizen, Sarah can share point of view. As a former elected official who has a platform, she's still spewing (gobbage) garbage.

66. william turner

It would be impossible for me to care any less about a word that person has to say. I'm wasting my time even commentting on how little I care about what that person has to say. Total and complete air head. A national joke that has been carried too far. When will she just go away?

67. Phil

Palin is just another character who is charged with spouting the Frank Luntz script. You know the script, the one the Republicans are too dumb to write themselves.

68. C. J. of Georgia

No. her words mean nothing... now if you want to compare her to late night entertainment TV, then I will listen.

69. Ryan Lloyd

Why are we still listening to what Sarah Palin is saying? She is pretty to look at but when she opens her mouth nothing but ignorance flows out – American people should be listening to someone that knows what they are talking about with healthcare – someone like President Obama – Please Sarah Palin – We dont really care what you have to say!!!!

70. Jamie

No. I bet she has great insurance, and I really think she needs to have her head examined as she nuts.

71. Ron Medvin

Nope! Enough said!!

72. Juliet Homestead, Florida

Jack, consider the source.

73. Peter

These posts are very amusing. I remember when McCain chose her for Vp candidate and all of the ammo toters in my office (most everyone, here) were thrilled and thought it would be the undoing of the dems. I haven't heard a thing about that since. And, don't want to hear from her either.

74. Ken, Long Beach, CA

Jack, is any sensible person even paying attention to that nut job anymore? I hope people like her keep spreading misinformation
    because the truth eventually prevails, and they all come out looking like uneducated idiots.

75. Dianne

I am not interested in her views on health care reform because:
    1) she is a non-thinking, self-serving politician.
    2) she is irrelevant; she quit on the people who elected her.
    3) she is an untrustworthy hypocrite; leave my family alone as I exploit them for my benefit.

As a pro-life Catholic mom, I cringed the moment she was given a microphone. She and the rich talking heads who love her give conservatives a bad name.

Dianne Bourbonnais IL

76. Rob

Of course I am, she's a reasonable person. The question is, are our elected officials interested in the opinion of anyone other than their own? That is the important question, although the answer seems clear to me.

77. Dan

She's a complete hypocrite. She's so quick to claw at anyone who makes any reference to Bristol Palin, and urges the media to leave her kids out of issues. (I can understand that.)

Yet, only when it's convenient for her position, does she immediately use her youngest son to call attention to herself.

As a citizen who hasn't quite found a comfortable position on the whole health care reform issue yet, I find it increasingly more difficult to seek any merit against reform when nut jobs like Palin cloud the issue with baseless claims and crazy rhetoric. Her lunatic behavior is uncalled for, and is only furthering Obama's agenda.

78. Barbara from FL

No, I'm not interested in what she or, for that matter, anyone else who uses lies and or strong arm tactics to interfere with honest debate, has to say. I alternate between tuning them out (as with Palin) or getting really angry at these un-American activities.

79. Chris

Let's see......Am I interested in Sarah Palin's views on healthcare reform?.....You're kidding right?

80. Mary C. Taylor

Jack, Sarah Palin's opinion does not interest me or any sane person. When she could not name any publications that she read in a television interview during the presidential primary, how would anyone believe that she has read a 1000-page bill?

Mary
    Detroit, MI

81. Greg in Atlanta

Only if she's talking about the death of her "fifteen minutes of fame", Jack.

82. antirepub

No I am not, I also beleive she had to pay someone to write that last comment that you read on CNN today, she really is not that smart.

As for health care reform, we certainly do not know what the bill fully includes and what version (the house or the senate?) of the bill is really up for discusion at these town hall meetings.

I am proud of our goverment officials for placing themselves in harms way of people who have been "misinformed" beforehand.

The whole reason why I woud go to a town hall meeting is to get properly informed. It is nice to have free speech, but it is stupid to speak out on any issue before being fully informed.

I ask both sides "for and aganst" to please shut up! So I can find out what this health care reform really is.

We need it, our lives are being held for ransom bythe medical industry and I certainly do not want the likes of Sarah Palin in control of my medical care costs.

83. Tara Gordon

I can't believe people are still listening to her. She is not being held accountable for out right lying and now she want's the nuts she has whipped up in a frenzy to be civil to late. Sarah Palin knows about as much about this health care bill as the moose she loves ot kill for moose chili. So no I don't care what she thinks about health care.

Tara Gordon
    Washington DC

84. Eric NY

Please remind me Jack....Sarah who??

85. Gwen

Jack, this woman is like a spring flower " A blooming idiot" anyone that listen to her has a problem, ask John McCain.

86. Scott

Sorry I'm late but I've been outside sprinkling the blood of a spring lamb on my door so Obama's 'Angels of Death' will pass over my house when they fly-by. I think that's one of the provisions in Obama's Plan.
    Do I care what Sarah Palin thinks? No, she's an idiot. Do I care what she says and why she says it? Yup. Ignorance is always ripe for the picking in American politics and she's the Queen of Fear and Hate. We are seeing a lot of people at town halls standing on their right to be scared witless by the demogues. I'm guessing the real issue is not health care reform but rather the third stage of Grief working itself out. 2008 was the death knell for the 'angry white guy and the women who love them' and they are collectively writhing from the pain of seeing the very icon of their anger in the White House. Hey Sarah!-they're all yours now.
    Scott

87. Patrickl Manders, Oconomowoc, WI

I certainly am interested in Sarah's views on health care, just as soon as I finish reading Gomer Pyle's explanation of the Theory of Relativity.

88. Edith

Jack. Surely you jest!!

89. Carrie P; Charlotte.

No! Isn't her 15 minutes up yet?

90. lkr

no, and can't the media find someone who is a thinker, knows how to use the English language, and can read the written word to talk about. I enjoy the situation room and if I miss a section I always read your rec'd comments section. Please try to find someone else to talk about.

91. Anthony from Tampa

Ms. Sarah Palin needs to go back to school and get a real education before she should be allowed to speak in public.

Anthony
    Tampa

92. David

I would rather hear from Bugs Bunny...now how about a real question, Jack.

David
    Charleston, SC

93. Troy W. - California

I prefer to get information from informed, intelligent sources. Sarah Palin clearly can't even separate fact from fiction and clearly has neither read nor understood the legislation being debated in Congress regarding healthcare. She just took the scaring points from the no-plan GOP and ran with them.

94. Mike from Springfield

I don't, but apparently the media does, or they would not dwell on what she says so much.

95. Pat

Hmmmm, Sarah? Sounds familiar.....Oooo yeah, her???
    Nope, can't say that I'd want to hear from her anymore. She never has and still does not have anything intelligent to say about anything. She needs to go away for good. Her own party don't want her around or to speak on there behalf.

96. Fran

Jack, I am so glad you asked. NO.

97. Darius Terrell

Of course I'm interested in Sara Palin's views on important issues such as health care; but let me get the popcorn ready first.

98. Tan

It s about time that US needs to bring politicians from India or China by H1 visa. In this country we’re lacking of smart politicians. People, she can see Russia from backyard, she thinks Africa is a country. We all have limitations, I am an Immigrant with accent, so I didn’t pursue my career as a country singer; I become a computer programmer. She needs to realize that she is dumb; She can be a very good model on TV but politics is not for her. We have lots of smart, well educated women in this country; Can Republican pick one out.

99. Maurice Johnson

Palin thinks that Heath Reform = Death Panels. This is proof that she has no understanding of important issues.

BTW...Where is Sgt. Crowley when you need him? Protestors are "Exhibiting loud and tumultuous behavior in public". Is this only illegal in Cambridge?

100. Nelson F. King Sr/oregon

Why the are still listening to this bastion of disfuctionality, inconsistentcy, and just down right dumb individual,a quitter in her own state, who has proven over and over again that it is better to be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it. This person has no relevance, and we should quit pretending like she does, I am JUST SAYING!!

101. Chris in Cleveland, OH

I'm not interested in Sarah Palin's view on anything, Jack. Her views are unrealistic, uninformed and ill-conceived. Who can honestly take her seriously?

102. Darryl Hrin

The only reason this comes up is because the media keeps this know-nothing in the news. So the obvious answer is no.

103. Gary Redmon

I beleive Ms Palin just as much as I believe Obama and his Chicago gang. I didn't Vote for socialism or government control heath care.

104. Olu

Palin who! She is a quitter. Jack I thought she was going back to learn about politics and worl views so she can be prepared next time to answer to Katie Couric.

105. John, Fort Collins, CO

There are about 250 million people in this country in line ahead of Sarah Palin when it comes to knowledge of health care reform. As soon as I hear form all of them I would be willing to consider the views of the half-term governor.

106. Marty

I'm a democrat male here and feel that beauty does come with smarts as well and I feel we should listen to all americans even Mrs. Palin.

107. Steve

No. I don't care about her views on healthcare or anything else. She should just go away!

108. Marty

My only interest in Sarah Palin's view on health care is solely for comic relief. Her views and comments are so far off-base, it borders on hilarity!

109. Joan

I am a 55 year resident of Alaska. I am so glad this crackpot is no
    longer governing our state. She's all yours America.

110. Michael: Columbus, Ohio

Jack,

I love to hear her comment about anything…it’s entertaining and I almost always get a good chuckle. Remember the Couric interview. Tina Fey had to do little but quote her in order to end up with a hilarious skit.

111. Marcel Okwara

Jack, Sarah Palin does not understand complex issues; healthcare reform is one of those complex issues, so she does not understand it. It is beyond her scope of understanding. Like an empty vessel, she will continue to make the loudest noise hoping to get attention. But the American people are smarter than she thinks. She is the top of the roof political joke of our time.

112. Brian Hutchison

Sarah Palin? The name sounds vaguely familiar. Who is she?

113. Jeff Smith

Jack,

Why would anyone want to hear what Sarah Palin’s thoughts are on an issue as complex as health care reform when we were given ample proof (via Katie Couric’s 2008 interview) that the ex-governor has never had the time or intellectual curiosity (perhaps “capacity” is a better word) to read about what is going on in the world outside of Alaska in the conventional print media. Based upon past history, I highly doubt that she has invested the necessary time to read a 1000 page healthcare proposal to be able to give us a personal and independent analysis of the key points.

Jeff Smith
    Montgomery Village, MD

114. Donna

I am not interested in Sarah Palin's views on anyhting. On healthcare she would speaqk hundreds of words, all one sentence of course, that would mean nothing to any intelligent person. She may be on one too many medications.

115. Elaine

Not interested in Sarah Palin's view on Health Care reform, not interested in her in anyway. If I were inclined to vote Republican she would stop me. Go home sarah palin and take care of your family.

116. Karl from SF, CA

Of course I am interested. Between Friday and Monday she covered just about every side of every possilbe position anyone could have on health care. Why waste time on a bunch of politicians with varying views when I can get them all from Sara.

117. Gwen

Sarah has once again proven how easy it is for her to be an idoit.
    For someone such has her self who doesnot have an understanding of the English language. I wonder does she just speak Alaskaian?

118. Steve

having paid attention to both her campaign, and then the extensive litany of Antics uncovered by the media that she perpetrated in her brief and useless experience in Alaskan politics, I cannot even fathom anyone having the least bit interest in that woman's ignorant, unintelligible, fact-free statements on anything of interest.

119. whoissarahpalin

She's a freak of political nonsense. Super freaky. Not interested.

120. Jerry

Jack,

Absolutely. I love hearing Sarah Palin's views on anything. She provides much needed TARP assistance to America's struggling comedy industry. Not to mention she's the best thing to happen to the Dems since... well... Dubbya.

121. Jim in St. Louis, Mo

Sarah who.

Mrs. Palin is no more important than any other person on the street. So why should her ideas be so important. Her opinion is no more inportant to me than any other "Joe Six Pack" roaming the streets.

Remember, this is a women who didn't fulfill her promise to the people of Alaska.

122. Jasse

Interested i n her view??? Not in the least !!!
    She knows not which end of the telescope to peer through.

Jass
    California

123. Alice Walsh

Oh you Americans! You sure keep us entertained up here. Too bad there wasn't this kind of controversy when Bush wanted to invade Iraq. You all would be in a better place today. Sarah Palin is like a child who needs attention. She will do whatever it takes to be in the lime light. She is a quitter, a loser. Why should her words have such an impact?

August 11, 2009 at 4:24 pm |
  124. andrew

Jack,

I am very interested in hearing Sarah Palin's views on healthcare, I think she is just as interested and cant wait for her "advisors" to tell her just what those views will be and how to articulate them.

Andrew Shackett
    White Bear Lake
    Minnesota

August 11, 2009 at 4:24 pm |
  125. andy (los angeles)

She seems to having nothing to contribute to the dialogue of this national debate, just like so many of the town hall disrupters & hecklers. It's pretty obvious that there are adults who are trying to have a discussion, and these "children" just want to kick and scream and lie and say anything they can to prevent the adults from talking. The sad irony being, the adults are talking about helping these "children", but the "children" are too ignorant to know it, or to stubborn and brainwashed to accept it.

August 11, 2009 at 4:24 pm |
  126. Rajeev, Atlanta

Sarah who? Boo, Go away. We don't need your stupidity. There is some serious discussion going on about Healthcare which doesn't need your crass views.

August 11, 2009 at 4:24 pm |
  127. George

Some advice for Palin: First read the plan, then understand what you read, then you can make comments – until then, stop pouring gasoline on the Tea Party's fire. They're already confused enough to listen to reason.

August 11, 2009 at 4:24 pm |
  128. Susan

I'll keep it simple. NO

129. Phil

The thing I don't understand about you guys in the Media is that you never ask them to explain themselves. You just publicize the comment. Just once, I'd like to see someone folow it all up with asking one of these clowns what they are referring to But NO! Asking would expose them and there would go your daily, weekly and monthly newscasts.

130. Mark, Billings MT

Thank goodness the rumors about here moving to Montana were false. We had our fill of nut-jobs with the unabomber. Former Gov. Palin shows how dangerously uninformed she is every time she gets in front of a mircophone. I only hope that we learned our lesson from the last time we elected a "folksy" president.

131. Lin

I am an insurance attorney and I have read the provision for the "death panel" referred to by Sarah Palin. Although I would not use her words, she has appropriately raised concerns about the intimidation involved in the situation outlined in HR3200 for discussions about end-of-life decisions and the discriminatory selection process of who gets approved for medical treatments. I believe I recall that Pres. Obama has said in past town hall meetings that some care for the elderly or terminally ill would be superfluous. I hope that never includes me.

132. Ted Tudela

Palin has been goose stepping with the extreme right and using fear tactics and lies to reach the fringe. It's amazing how gullible people can be. Buttom line, it's all about bringing down President Obama. Republican tactics of opposing everything will eventually backfire at the poles. As an independent, I am dicussted with their obstructive tactics which further corrodes the unity of this counry. Have they no decency

133. PiedType

No, Jack, I'm not interested in her frighteningly uninformed views on health care reform or anything else. The sooner she disappears from public view, the better for all concerned.

Sarah Sharp
    Denver, CO

134. rusty

No. She is irrelevant. I can't understand why she or her simple-minded thoughts are considered newsworthy.
    Colorado Springs

135. Maria

That woman is an embrrasment to us women. She should hide for good. Take care of that baby of yours Sara.

136. Jane B.

Unfortunately a lot of us are getting poorer and more are becoming uninsured. She's really becoming a "death panel" of one deciding our fate...ending our prospects for affordable health care with infammatory speech and getting the public all scared and worked up into a frenzy.

137. Jim

Certainly I'm interested in her comments. Hers may, unfortunately, be the only reasonably sane voice out there judging from what I've seen today.

138. cliff from appleton wisconsin

I couldn't care less what Sarah Palin thinks. she continues to show us how lucky we all are that she was not second in command.The people of alaska are better off without her. Now if the media starts ignoring her maybe she will mjust go maway.

139. Hope

Is her 15 minutes up yet? Do you really need to further embarrass our country with your ridiculous false remarks? Even sadder, there are those who love and believe her! Gotta love America, you have the right to be an idiot!

140. Jane (Minnesota)

I'd be more interest in root canal Jack. All she's capable of doing is revving up the wing nuts.

141. JC - Washington DC

Jack;
    With all of the emotion that this subject brings an all of the diversity of opinions that we have been bombarded with over the course of the past few weeks to add to the confusion, do you think you need to perpetuate the stupidity of Sarah Palin by dignifying her with more media coverage? She need to go away, you might as well be putting stock into what Larry, Moe or curly think about the issue… they at least had some credibility.

142. MiMi

No, I'm not interested in "her" views on health care or any other matter. She could better represent her views by being silent, it would be better for her, she's even less informed than the average american citizen, therefore, contributing to the mayhem! I feel sorry for her.

143. kai

why are we still talking about Palin, she has proven herself that she is an BLITHERING IDIOT. simply stop reporting about her views and she will fade into oblivion

144. Greg in Atlanta

Why do people listen to her anyway? I'm gonna need healthcare for the aneurisms I get every time I hear her speak. Can't... understand... must... turn... off... volume... Journalism degree, indeed.

145. JL

Of course not, I'm not in the habit of taking advice from A-class morons! Palin didn't read 2 pages of the bill, this is assuming she can read, and apparently only her "elderly parents and son with down syndrome" matter when it comes to healthcare, not her other family members. She is one of the most divisive, hate mongering, ignorant individuals our nation has seen in a long time.

146. Sara

Sarah Palin does not have the capacity to comprehend the aspects of the health care reform. Also, any "views" she may have would be like a cat chasing its tail as she talks in circles.
    I am most definitely NOT interested in Palin's views – on ANY subject.

147. Moses

She's amusing; just as she back down after listening and read some of the provision that suppose to in the bill, many will realize that there action is wrong. Her pieces of advice is welcome for those like her who don't trust the Obama government get there senses together. intimidation is not our culture.

Moses K.
    Bronx, NY

148. Dave

Sarah Palin epitomizes what is wrong with the United States. Like her and her rightwing cronies, are nothing but partisan fear mongers with an hidden agenda to push, at everyone's expense.

I am a disabled Canadian, with full healthcare coverage. Any discussion and treatment I have with my doctor, remains behind the closed door of his office.

I do no have a bureaucrat between us. I am not refused treatment by a greed oriented HMO, even though I have a genetic predispoition. My mother is elderly, but never had to face the mythical death panel to get kidney dialysis.

By the way Jack, our country is run by conservatives, who never mess with healthcare. That would be political suicide.

149. Cyndy

No, I am not interested in what Sarah Palin has to say. Sarah, Rush, Hannity and that group of hate mongers are dangerous to the citizens of our country. They all call themselves Christians, but they insight hatred and fear among their fellow countrymen. Sarah is putting our president and our elected officials in danger because of her lies. Sarah needs to keep her mouth shut and just stay home and take care of her family. She is too ignorant and dangerous to operate in the political world.

150. Frank Brady

Well, Jack, judging from the content of most posts here, I'd say you've got the liberal moron vote all locked up–but then you knew that, didn't you?

FJB

151. Irene

Who cares what a quitter thinks? And I am still waiting for that apology from John McCain.

152. Dee in Florida

I have no interest whatsoever in ANY of Palins views on ANYTHING, and wish she would just shut up.

153. Stephanie

Jack - I have never been interested in thoughts from the peanut gallery and am certainly not going to start now!

154. Judy, Exeter, Calif,

Sarah Palin is irrelevant. Of course there will be right wingers who will kiss her feet and follow her anywhere, but it doesn't matter. Her own party is backing away because of her craziness. Given enough rope, she'll hang herself. End of story. The press likes her because she is a wacko, and that is always good for the ratings.

155. Lori-Venice FL

Not only am I NOT interested in what Sarah Palin says, but I wish she would keep her mouth shut and GO AWAY! Every time she speaks it's nothing but a bunch of lies. After all how can we believe anything this woman says when she claims she "can see Russia" from her backyard?
    I am one of those 43 million people in the country that can't afford to have healthcare and I want to hear what everyone has to say, but I can't stomach to watch these town hall meetings with some of these ignorant people who have their healthcare plans and can afford it spew their scared views so loudly that the rest of us get hurt when the meetings get cancelled.
    All I have to say to these people is go without health insurace for 19 years (like I have) and when you get sick or need surgery and can't afford it, would you want people like Sarah Palin and others shooting down a chance for you be well sleep at night?

156. David

Jack,

This woman is an Air-head. I can't believe that she was elected to any office. I can't believe that a Republican thought that she was smart enough to be the next President of the United States. I can't believe that Republicans want to run this Country. I can't believe Republicans. I can't believe!!!!!!

David,
    Las Vegas.

157. Francisco Vigil

No, Sarah Palin is underinformed about all issues; however, under the U.S.A. Constitution she is entitled to "sound off." I have never felt more confident about the direction our President is forging. I only wish we could get out of War and focus more precisely on the health of our Nation and its citizens.

158. davis

I have not believed anything she has said since she became governor and I live in Alaska. She is soooooo full of herself.

159. Lisa

No - although she is supposed to have a college degree her views appear to be talk first and think later. As well, she "makes things up" that are either half truths or complete lies.

Lisa

160. Laura from Missouri

NO NO NO NO..........................................................................
    Listening to her talk about any important issue is very harmful to your health, put that in the legislation!

161. Mitch Dworkin - Dallas, Texas

I am definitely NOT interested in Sarah Palin’s views on health care reform!

Sarah Palin in my opinion is uninformed on most national issues and she is a stooge for the Rush Limbaugh wing of the Republican Party. She blows like the wind in any direction where she thinks that she needs to go in order to try and please that fringe group of activists which is why she makes so many stupid and outrageous comments.

John McCain's historical legacy may be negative for his irresponsibly bringing Sarah Palin into the national spotlight if she causes any serious damage just like how Ralph Nader will primarily go down in history as being the spoiler who threw the 2000 election to Bush!

162. Terry, TX

Everybody read the bill......there is a mandatory "counseling" session at 65 yrs of age....to be done every 5 yrs....to discuss death and dying. A 'DEATH PANEL' description sounds fine to me. Apparently you people are not well read....Dr. Emmanuel....Rahm Emmanuel's brother has done quite a bit of writing on the subject....the old and the unborn don't mean squat to the Obama care scam. I will check my notes and give the section number. Thank you Sarah Palin.

163. sharon

If Sarah Palin was the last doctor or nurse on earth i still would not ask for her opinon on any kind of question if it is dealing with health care or not she is one person that need to stay in her lane,meaning stay with the deer hunting.

164. Tom Chapman Newark, DE

I am not interested in ANY Sarah Palin’s views on ANYTHING !!

Just listening to her nonsensical rambling gives me a headache.

And for Sarah, stupidity is a pre-existing condition.

165. Tim H. Royal

I am not nor will I ever be interested in anything Ms. Palen has to say.
    I must pay attention to what she says however, just to know what she is saying and doing. Keep you enemies close? She's loony. Both she and Bay Buchanan, the GOP's junk yard dogs, should be censured.

166. judy

Hi! Jack I watch you a lot,,,and like it,,,on palin,,,she has her own agenda and i don't like it,,,,I wouldn't step out my door to meet her,,thanks keep up the good work,,,,,judy

167. Melissa

Palin needs to go away. For a Christian, the woman is a danger to the lives of others with the views she pushes. They sure aren't very Christian of her.

168. Paul Pettipas

Unless she takes the time to educate herself into the topics she delves into, I give her opinion no weight whatsoever. But I suppose the late night talk show hosts need material to work with.

169. Fred - Irvine, California

Who cares what Sarah Palin has to say. She made no sense when she was in office, and makes no sense now. She is just trying to grab headlines by distorting the facts and making outrageous comments – stop elevating the value of her opinion.

170. Sandy, Lake Worth, Fl

Not just NO....heck NO! The only thing Sarah Palin should concern herself with regarding the health reform is whether she can access mental health services!

And to think she could have been 1 heartbeat away from the presidency. Makes my blood run cold!!!!!!!

171. Lucy-Gail Garcia-Henson

Most American's want universal health care. I support that view. It is an intregral part of no children being left behind. As a teacher, I have seen the consequences of the uninsured. It can be quite heart breaking. Good parents, who really love their children, postpone going to the doctor because they can't afford the office visit much less the medications needed to get well.
    Surveys show that most Americans are feeling favorable about their coverage. I felt that way about my insurance until I was diagnosed with cancer and had tests and treatments denied. No one can possibly know if their insurance is good, much less great, unless they have had a catastrophic illness.

August 11, 2009 at 4:29 pm |
  172. Rich T. Sacramento, Ca.

Couldn't care less what she has to say. But, sadly, she's like a train wreck or a horror movie: I may not want to watch her, but I just can't help it. She's so grotesque that I gotta see what happens next.

173. Evelyn.Naomi

I admire Mcain. Palin is a pest. I mean she has infested the political arena with her propaganda.
    What does she want and what is she looking for. She is losing more and more "marks" day by day .
    No more Palin in 2012

174. Michelle

The People should care less about what this women has to say. She has no shame she would sell her family up the river if she thought it would buy her a minute of TV air time. She is an idiot and every time she opens up her mouth she secures the 2012 election for Obama.

175. Mr. Ed

I was hoping that she would retire from the public scene when she retired from public office How ever, apparently she is still going to bore the public with her opinions. The Republican party has been in office for the last 8 years. Health care has been an issue since 1955. Yet they haven't come up with one idea about reform until now. Now they have all kinds of ideas. LOL

176. Krista

Jack - I have no interest in what Sarah Palin says and I wish everyone felt the same way. The less airtime we grant this right-wing nutjob, the sooner we'll all be able to have a calm, serious dialogue about healthcare reform. We have people making these wild, baseless claims and unfortunately, there are people out there who believe these lies without any sort of fact checking. It's really quite sad.

177. Mike F

She is going for the big bucks and apparently will get it. She will get the money for being visible and in the spotlight. Apparently that is sufficient.

178. pete

whether you agree with sara's ideas or not. purposely using phrases and lying to scare senior citizens. there is no other reason to say something like the bit about "death panels'. there is no excuse for that. if you can't even manage to "fake" intelligence, for God's sake shut up.

179. Dee

She's an idiot! Plain and Simple!

180. David Loggins

Sara Palin was brought about because McCain honestly thought that america just wanted a woman in the White House. How stupid was that. Sara seems to always have to back pedal when she opens her mouth to mop up the mess that falls out. The comment about the Death Panel was just another mess to clean up. She now has a hard time gaining the attention of the conservatives. She sure doesn't and never will have my attention. No doubt....she's attractive and that's where it all stops. I have a hard time believing that anyone is interested in what Sara has to say about the health care situation. Dave......one of the lonely liberals in Huntsville, Alabama.

181. Terry

Yes I am.
    Or otherwise the godless socialists will make me go before a death panel.

182. Peggy Spokane WA

Simple answer to her simpleton's opinions...NO

183. Ed Rankin

I don't know why any thinking person would care what Sarah Palin thinks about anything really. I am interested in her views about things only because she appeals to a fringe of extremists. It's hard to take her seriously on much of anything.

184. Jim

I don't enjoy hearing Palin speak, however, her messages and statements are good reminders that I need to give very careful consideration to whom I should vote for.

185. Pam W.

I refer to anything coming out of her mouth as "palin-drone," cause it's backward. Gee, "leave my kids alone" now evolves into using her child as a martyr figure?

I suggest she find long term employment as a book writer or a talk show host – I'm POSITIVE there's a network who will hire her, and we all know which one!!!. Maybe she can keep that job "full term."

Please, just let her go away. She's really tedious – and awfully transparent.

186. Jay Blodgett

Am I interested in Sarah Palin's "comments"?

Sure! And I saw the latest Harry Potter movie, too. I love a good fantasy story!

187. Naomi Weiss, Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Sarah Palin's views are not interesting and only infect society with misinformation. Her views are based on her uneducated thoughts and have become quite tiresome. She should take a breath and count to 10 before opening her mouth. She is proof that many people will follow anyone, without thinking for themselves. She is taking advantage of that.

Mrs. Palin continues to try and manipulate the thoughts and minds of the American people without the facts. America needs a break from Sarah Palin.

188. Van Joseph - Fort Lauderdale

Jack, Sarah "Distraction" Palin talks out of both sides of her mouth. She is doomed politically with blunders after blunders. Where are the speech writers?
    I have to say that we as a country are heading toward something we will not be able to handle with this health care debate. These orchestrated groups who are trying to intimidate are in the minority. The past election has proven it. They need to accept defeat and try to rebuild.

189. Edward Lindsay, Killeen, Texas

Jack,

Sarah Palin knows as much about health care reform
    as she does about foreign affairs. And those who think
    Americans will "suffer" under health care reform have
    had their minds filled with nonsense! The only people
    who will suffer will be those who made millions off of
    health care.

Plus, those Congessmen who oppose giving Americans
    an option on their health care are hypocrites as they were
    given an option to keep their health care plan or to take
    the Government's plan.

It's a sad world that we live in, Jack.

190. David

One person says these rowdy people at the townhall meetings are "killing the democratic process." Another say when the decision is made and a bill passed, we all MUST embrace it.

Really???? What kind of warped Republic do you live in?

If your representatives don't represent or even read a bill, then we should be mad and in their face: they work for YOU!

And if it is passed, no, I do not have to embrace it. There are many, many, many things we have done the past 100 years that violate our constitution and redistribute wealth. I do not "embrace" any of them.

191. judiko

Why on earth anyone would be interested in what Sarah Palin has to say, I don't know. She clearly demonstrated her understanding of world events and very important issues in the U.S. during her campaign last year. I don't mean to be rude, but, personally, I would not believe a single word she said, or wrote. Thankfully, the American people saw through her then. They also see through her now.

192. kgeukes Michigan

Jack, this lunatic will spout the first thing that comes to mind, which makes it very scary that she almost became VP. Hopefully she will shut up and go farrr away.

193. Bonnie in North Carolina

No, I'm not interested in what Sarah Palin say now or ever. She is the poorest substiitute for a government official that I have ever seen. People who support her are not living in the real world nor do they have enough knowledge of the real world to know what is going on. I think all she wants at this point is attention. Why do you and other news people spend so much time giving her what she wants...attention?

194. R J from Pa.

If Sarah Palin weighed 300 lbs. would anyone even listen to her. McCain picked her for her looks not her brains unless he's as dumb as she is. Africia is a country. Give me a break.....

195. Frank

Not really. Her comments tell us that she is just as misinformed as some of the people attending these town hall meetings. Instead of adding to the heckling and scare tactics, she should attend a meeting and get her facts straight. There are many important issues that need to be leveled out without the added hoopla.

196. Miriam Maldonado

I want to hear all Sarah-Piranna has to say.. The more she opens her mouth, the more she shows her true colors. She is still a joke!!!
    I can't believe that Mc Cain thought that this woman was vice-president material!!

197. J, Utah

She needs to focus on raising her children, reading, and educating herself. Instead she chooses to find other ways to discredit herself, the Republican Party all while ranting like a lunatic!

198. Jim perry

Mrs. Palin is a woman not to be taken seriously. Nor is the republican party anymore.

199. Larry

I am sick and tiered of the Republican Right using their scare tactics to fool the vastly uneducated religious bible belt to railroad their agenda down the American peoples throats! Anyone that has read this bill can see that the majority or the propaganda being slung by the big business backed republican right is untrue. They are counting on uneducated religious fanatics to fan the fire on these issues because they know these people will fight without reading, or knowing the truth. And who better to stir the uneducated into a frenzie than the queen of uneducated misinformation Sarah Palin. When she learns to read she should read the bill!!!

200. Russ

Hey, can't we just put the protesters in "free speech zones" a mile away in a fenced in area? The last president did that without a problem...

201. Jessica, NJ

sarah palin and many other republicans have nothing to offer other than criticism. maybe they would gain some support if they actually had alternative ideas rather than misinformation!!

202. Sue Seifert

I am constantly amazed and distressed by Mrs. Palin's comments. I'm not sure whether to be more disturbed by the possibility that she actually believes some of these outlandish ideas or the more likely scenario that she could be that dedicated to destroying any public rival. In an alternate universe she could have been one heartbeat away. YIKES!!! – Sue, Durham, CT

August 11, 2009 at 4:31 pm |