June 29th, 2009

How much Michael Jackson coverage is too much?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

It's been pretty much impossible to avoid news coverage of the death of Michael Jackson since Thursday afternoon... Cable TV, network news prime-time specials, the tabloids, special edition newspapers, the blogs, you name it....

And, as is often the case with these celebrity stories, it seems like there won't be an end any time soon. This one may be especially lengthy, because of new questions that keep popping up every day - including how Jackson actually died.

The family has asked for a second autopsy and they are "quite clearly troubled" about the circumstances surrounding the singer's death. An autopsy performed by a county medical examiner was inconclusive. It could take another four-to-six weeks to get the results of toxicology tests.

Jackson's doctor's role in all this was immediately questioned, although his lawyer insists he didn't inject Jackson with painkillers.

The story will also drag on due to questions surrounding what happens to Jackson's three children; his mother has been granted temporary guardianship of the kids. But, there's a hearing set for early August for permanent guardianship and you can expect that to be a circus.

Not to mention the worldwide media attention that will be focused on a possible global memorial service as well as Jackson's funeral. Big story… but the coverage is even bigger.

Here’s my question to you: How much Michael Jackson coverage is too much?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

D. writes:
Jack, It was over for me when they had Jackson's father mumbling about his new recording company on BET last night. Pity the poor children. The lawsuits will begin to fly! He was the family meal ticket. They will all be vultures with lawyers.

Please stop the nonsense and take old Joe off the air! Let MJ rest in peace.

Janet writes:
You are forgetting that you live the news. Many of us are busy with our everyday lives and grab the news when we can get it. When your viewers start tuning out, that's when you've had too much coverage. So for now, please continue your broad and professional coverage.

Marieth writes:
This is big news. It won’t last forever. Please let us mourn.

Steve writes:
Enough already! If this guy didn't have the fame and fortune, and was your next-door neighbor, you and your kids would be terrified. It just shows that fame allows you to be weird.

Ken from Colorado writes:
Jack, Great topic. Not only the Michael Jackson story, but the many topics that are beat to death day after day. I have a son in Iraq, like many other parents. Others have children in Afghanistan. While coping with the daily story, we are lucky to get 15 minutes of information about our children and what they are coping with, in the protection of our country. This is just shameful!

John from Houston writes:
Mr. Cafferty, I am watching you because of CNN's coverage the passing of Michael Jackson. Mr. Jackson was a musical icon, philanthropist and humanitarian. The world loves him and we are collectively mourning his passing. If you are not interested, please feel free to take vacation and turn your television off!

Filed under: News Media
  1. Scott Stodden

Jack I dont think there is to much coverage of the unexpected death of Michael Jackson. I have loved Michael Jackson ever since I was a young child and I know speaking for myself that I was in tears all day Thursday and parts of Friday. Its still hard to imagine the music world and life without Michael Jackson, he was a true inspiration not just here but around the world, he was a true master, genius & he will be sorely missed not just by his family but from fans all around the world. The world wants to know how he died so suddenly, what happens to the kids, & when we will see a world-wide tribute to The King Of Pop. Michael I love you and miss you so much, your legacy will always live on in my eyes, and my condolences go out to the Jackson family and may you Rest In Peace Michael.

Scott Stodden (Freeport, IL)

June 29, 2009 at 4:23 pm |
  2. Randall london england

1 day in the news

June 29, 2009 at 4:24 pm |
  3. Greg Mechanicsburg, PA

It is already too much. As much impact as he has had upon the world's pop-culture and in opening opportunities for minorities, there are many other important news stories that have immediate and serious impact. As much as we grieve, we cannot afford to overlook these other matters.

June 29, 2009 at 4:24 pm |
  4. LUCI - ILLINOIS

It has gone on long enough. Please don't keep it on the air any longer. Jackson is like Elvis, dead, let them rest.

June 29, 2009 at 4:26 pm |
  5. Alan - Buxton, Maine

One announcement on each of the news shows for one day would have been sufficient. I don't think he will be making a comeback from this one anytime soon.

June 29, 2009 at 4:27 pm |
  6. Peg from NY

It has been far too much! There is ALOT of important news to be heard. Endless rumors and speculation are not news.

June 29, 2009 at 4:27 pm |
  7. Kerry Diehl

As soon as it surpassed the news of the deaths of Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon! Beyond said point it became more than nauseas at best and exacerbated with every sub-sequent report.

His passing is indeed tragic, but his death is also related directly to his strange way of living, the typical world of show-business, ensuing drugs to handle the pressures and leeches that permanently attach themselves to said celebrities.

Key Advice: Leave the details of this information to the cheap tabloids and focus on what is the REAL news!

June 29, 2009 at 4:28 pm |
  8. Pablo in Tejas

Jack
    How high is UP?
    I am not the guy to ask because I wasn't a huge fan, but it seems to me that when we lose an archetype in any field of human endeavor, and especially in the Arts, it is only right that attention, and a certain amount of homage, should be paid.
    On the other hand the O.T.T. vulture-like obsessive media coverage of every medico-legal aspect of MJ's passing, and who has their knives out for whom, is way beyond the pale. The guy deserved better.

Pablo
    Arlington Texas

June 29, 2009 at 4:29 pm |
  9. Fran, Brimley, Michigan

Farrah Fawcett passed away, the same day, as Jackson, yet there is barely any mention of her on the news. Jackson died of a possible overdose of prescription pills, while Fawcett courageously fought for her life against a horrific disease!!! Who is the real Hero here????

June 29, 2009 at 4:29 pm |
  10. Mark... Voorhees, New Jersey

As far as I am concerned, we reached it yesterday, right before Meet The Press. Apparently I was not correct.

June 29, 2009 at 4:30 pm |
  11. LMR

I think we've hit the limit and it should wind down now until whatever funeral services are planned. I enjoyed the retrospectives but now the tabloid stories are 'reaching' and enough is enough.

June 29, 2009 at 4:30 pm |
  12. Missy M

I don't think that there is such a thing as too much – Michael Jackson was a musical genius and was the icon of Generation X. His contributions to the music world will be missed. The networks are giving appropriate coverage to Michael Jackson's death, but it should not ignore the other important stories of the week like the Cap and Trade bill and the EPA study about it, firing of General Walpin, the coup in Hondoros, situation in Iran or the other things that are going on.

Missy M

June 29, 2009 at 4:31 pm |
  13. Rod from Chicago

Jack, are you kidding me. He was the biggest entertainer ever, and I literally mean the biggest entertainer ever! Should it get this type of coverage, No! No that is when it comes to how the Media has devoted a large portion of its coverage in trying to demonize someone whom has just Die. Perhaps the Media has become nothing more than a cheap tabloid, trying to disguise itself as fair and Balance. Does this sound Familiar?

June 29, 2009 at 4:31 pm |
  14. James

I found it interesting that first part of last week, it was all about Iran and Neda. Then soon as the news broke about that was put on the back burner and congress while noone was paying attention passes the climate bill. Seems to me that when something like micheal' death happens the media channels try to see who can out report the other. Micheal was a legend but, does that mean the media has to disect it every few minutes. Farrah Fawcett passed the same day but, I didn't see very much about her. I've watched a lot of news a nd even I know news ain't just one story.

June 29, 2009 at 4:32 pm |
  15. Amber Krutak

Ok, MJ was great...I do not want to diminish his importance but enough is enough! When you figure out who gets the kids permanently, who gets the estate, and where/when the memorial service will be, then let us know. Until then, figure out something else to report on!

June 29, 2009 at 4:32 pm |
  16. Linda Richards

It's ironic you should ask. CNN, among others, seemingly covered the story to the exclusion of all other news–Iraq, arrests in Iran, Citibank raises, energy bill and everything else. I say seemingly because as soon as I heard the news, I realized it would be days before we would hear of anything but Michael Jackson. Too many media outlets have turned into single-story programs whenever there is a death, disaster or sex scandal. And when a celebrity is involved, it takes absolute priority over anything happening on the globe.. My priorities are in order. I didn't watch the circus. Linda, Woodbury, NJ

June 29, 2009 at 4:33 pm |
  17. Carol

With all the compelling events taking place in the world today the U.S. media deems the death of Michael Jackson to be worthy of nearly five days of non-stop news coverage.

An amazing musician – yes of course, but not two weeks ago he was being ridiculed by the same media as Wacko Jacko. (If you goggle that nickname you get 159,000 negative hits.) How hypocritical can folks be.

Enough already!

June 29, 2009 at 4:35 pm |
  18. Erik from Denver, Colorado

We hit the "too much" barrier on Friday. There is so much more going on in the world and the news media seems fixated on MJ. His life was was a media train-wreck for that last 15-20 years, so we should at least let him rest in peace and turn our attention to more pressing matters... like the economy... or Iran... or even the new environmental legislation. I'd like to think that watching the news would make me feel smarter or more informed, but by watching the re-hashed and re-reported stories about the self-proclaimed "King of Pop", I feel like I lost a few IQ points.

June 29, 2009 at 4:38 pm |
  19. PiedType

The media exceeded "too much" several days ago. All we need to know now are new facts like autopsy results, who gets the kids, lawsuits filed, etc. The commentary, speculation, rumors, pictures of crowds of mourners - way too much.

- Denver, CO

June 29, 2009 at 4:38 pm |
  20. Eileen Peabody MA

I was watching CNN when all this began. I was actually looking forward to hearing what the Iranian government was doing to Nada's family...when....all of a sudden the news broke there was an ambulance at the Jackson home. It has not stopped since. (with a little bit of news squeaking out.)

Why didn't Farah Faucet or Ed McMahon get three to four days of solid reporting on their passing?????

Enough is enough. The kid had a glorious, yet sadly disturbed lonely life…..Let him rest in peace.

June 29, 2009 at 4:38 pm |
  21. Jerry B. Oklahoma City, OK

Enough is enough already. He's dead, let it go. It seems that every news channel wants to report on him. I'm sorry that he died and I pray for his family and friends..but get over it already. What is next a National Day of Mourning?

June 29, 2009 at 4:38 pm |
  22. Art

Michael Jackson was a great performer but that is all he was. He is not a hero or head of state. He was an entertainer. I am wondering what the rest of the world is now thinking about the US when all news organizations are covering an entertainer like he was a god. I am embarrassed for CNN and other news organizations that have forgotten about the bloody protests to a illegal regime in Iran,the everyday deaths of fallen soldiers around the world that do not get mentioned, the economic woes of the world, the terrible decisions being made in Washington, possible escalation of nuclear war with North Korea, just to name a few. And CNN and other news organizations are still mainly devoted on the excessive reporting of an entertainer that even his own father in public appearances has selfishly and coldly tried to make a buck on his own sons death. I need a news organization that reports on real stories that have substance and importance in the world not on entertainment news.

June 29, 2009 at 4:40 pm |
  23. M.L. Squier

Do we really have any choice? Michael Jackson's notoriety is beyond doubt going to go on and on and on, and all of that money that's up for grabs is going to feed the media fires for a long time. If I can live through the impeachment proceedings of Nixon and Clinton, and the trial of O.J. Simpson, I will survive Michael Jackson's coverage.

mad plato of El Paso

June 29, 2009 at 4:40 pm |
  24. Dave in MO

It is exhausting! Poor Farrah picked a bad day to go to her great reward.

June 29, 2009 at 4:41 pm |
  25. Curtis in Philadelphia

Jack, Yogi Berra once said: "it seems like deja vu all over again". Didn't we see this with Anna Nicole Smith? At least Jackson deserves some of this attention, but I've been hollering "Uncle" for two days now. Enough already!

June 29, 2009 at 4:42 pm |
  26. Bennie

Hi Jack:

Some people will watch every minute and some may not watch any coverage at all. I guess too much is when you turn to the Discover channel.

Bennie
    Avon, IN

June 29, 2009 at 4:42 pm |
  27. dick eubanks

Enough,already. What's happening in the world? Iraq,Iran,Energy independence,Universal medical coverage,latest politician rants,g lobal warming; you know those things that actually may affect us.

June 29, 2009 at 4:42 pm |
  28. Mike

Jack, the networks are going to cover what people watch. I'm sure that if CNN, and the other major news outlets see that interest is starting to fade they'll move on to the next celebrity centered story. Let's face it, Michael Jackson's music touched millions of people around the world, so it's almost a given that his many fans would want to know as much as they can about his passing, and the following chaos that's sure to ensue.

Maryland

June 29, 2009 at 4:46 pm |
  29. Machell Jones

The coverage of his accomplishments is one thing but the speculation, criticism, and spotlighting negative aspects of his life is a dishonor. We need to bear in mind above all Michael Jackson was someone's son, brother, and father. We on lookers, fans, and otherwise need to allow the family privacy. The media gets a way with this because we as viewers watch and tolerate the behavior. I am tuning off..I have had enough. There is no new news to report yet the media is reporting and speculating. How about reporting on Iran, world hunger, education, and certainly the state of the economy. We better get our focus back to Obama and his dealings.

June 29, 2009 at 4:47 pm |
  30. Donald in CA

They still cover Elvis stuff and he has been in the ground 30 years.
    Why not a little Micheal coverage.

June 29, 2009 at 4:47 pm |
  31. pat in lexington

It became too much sometime late Thursday night.

June 29, 2009 at 4:47 pm |
  32. Barry Wantagh NY

The man was a great Entertainer for sure. But enough is enough he will be remembered.

June 29, 2009 at 4:51 pm |
  33. Thom Richer

God love the guy and as talented as he was, one day's reporting of his death and any other celebrity's death is more than enough. Let the entertainment "hype" shows waste the public's time on further exploitation of celebrity deaths. News or journalistic broadcasts need to get out of the entertainment mentality and start being serious reporters once again. CNN, NBC, CBS and ABC have no credible "newscasts" anymore and it is shameful. Except for your spot, of course, Jack. You are a real "Thriller," Jack.

Thom Richer
    Negaunee, MI

June 29, 2009 at 4:52 pm |
  34. Michael Steuer, Bedford NY

Governor Sanford and Senator Ensign are hoping for at least another month or two of Jacko coverage

June 29, 2009 at 4:52 pm |
  35. Richard in Colorado

PLEASE STOP ALLREADY!!!I It has been four days of steady Michael Jackson coverage and the Situation Room is still going at it. You must think that we all really care. It is a tragedy for his family but the rest of us really are sick and tired of hearing about all of it. There are really important things to report but CNN is missing most of them. Stop treating us like we are stupid. If this is the kind of coverage Americans want , then we are really heading for collapse as a country.

June 29, 2009 at 4:53 pm |
  36. Gary H. Boyd

Early on Mike Jackson was unique but along the way he became kinda goofy and got derailed. It's interesting to see media hogs like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson in the middle of the current media circus. Enough is enough.

June 29, 2009 at 4:54 pm |
  37. BJ, Columbus, GA

Enough already. Don't get me wrong. Michael Jackson is an icon in pop music and was a very talented man, but, as much as I appreciate that talent, I would like to turn on CNN or any other channel and see something other than rehash of his life and speculations about his death. Not everyone in this country has their life revolve around this - there are many other issues that I would like to hear about on the news. Seems Michael has pre-empted the economy, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, battles over DOMA and "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." Have I missed anything, Jack. I am sorry he died, but I am also sorry that Farah Fawcett died and Billy Mays and Ed McMahon and Gale Storm. Can we state our sorrow and get back to concentrating on the living?

June 29, 2009 at 4:55 pm |
  38. Kelly in Atlanta

My best answer to this question is a quote right out of his own lyrics...
    "Leave me Alone" By Michael Jackson
    This isn't gonna work
    Don't call me on the phone
    Because I'm all out of words
    I'll face the unknown
    Thinking about all the ways that I've grown
    Oh, Leave me alone

June 29, 2009 at 4:55 pm |
  39. Sandi from Arizona

I'm already over it. As great as he was a singer and dancer he was also a really flawed individual. It's time to move on to other important things, like the governor of South Carolina. He's the one benefitting from all the Michael coverage.

June 29, 2009 at 4:57 pm |
  40. James

I reccommend you please go over with the interview with the Doctors attorney (Chernoff) several times. He was very hesitant with his answers and said there was no phone in the room of Michael Jackson. He had a cell phone and did not use it and when he went down stairs for help, how come the person making a call to 911 didn't know Jackson's address or tell the 911 operator that it was Michael Jackson's house. There's a whole lot more to this Doctor, attorney situation that really need thorough invesitgating. If the Doctor didn't know the address, how did he know how to get there in the first place. I don't believe in his answers about Michael.

June 29, 2009 at 4:58 pm |
  41. Sarah

There has already been too much coverage. On Friday I had to do a keyword search on CNN.com to find out if the House passed the climate change bill. I could only find find Michael Jackson articles. Is an old tribute to "Thriller" really more important than this bill?
    –St. Paul, MN

June 29, 2009 at 4:58 pm |
  42. Micah, FL

About 1/10th of the coverage that this has received is too much. This is ridiculous. We have a health care debate, a climate change bill, two wars (with Iraq going through a serious turning point right now!), the situation with Iran, and the situation with North Korea to focus on. Michael Jackson is so far from what we need to be worried about right now. CNN used to be my go-to source for news, but now, in a time when real news really matters and will have a lasting impact on the world for years to come, I can’t find any news. I might as well watch TMZ, I get the same information FASTER. Stick to the real news CNN, don’t get caught up in the distractions, have some pride for crying out loud.

June 29, 2009 at 4:59 pm |
  43. Linda in Bisbee, AZ

I had too much by the first day, but let's just say, I'm not a fan. I don't understand his popularity at all, so I'm not the person to ask. It really doesn't matter because it will continue until it subsides. We'll just have to endure it, like so many other things.

June 29, 2009 at 4:59 pm |
  44. Joseph Leff

When all we hear is Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson, and little or nothing is said about important issue like the economy, Iraq, iran, North Korea and the like, then it's too much.

Sigh - how about bringing back Paris Hilton?

Joe in Delray Beach, FL

June 29, 2009 at 5:00 pm |
  45. Charles in NYC

I reached my limit on DAY 1,but I am 65 and never paid much attention to him so don't judge by me.

June 29, 2009 at 5:00 pm |
  46. Liz in Monterey, CA

Four full days is WAY over the top on MIchael Jackson when we have issues such as Iraq pullout, Iran election fraud, and other problems. Sure, he was great in his time, but he also had very serious issues. Enough of the hero worship and let's refocus on the critical issues facing our country and world!

June 29, 2009 at 5:01 pm |
  47. Alan

Anything more than 15 minutes.

June 29, 2009 at 5:02 pm |
  48. D from LA

No, not at all. He was a beloved, global icon. He deserves around-the-clock coverage. People want that

June 29, 2009 at 5:02 pm |
  49. docb

Jack,

It was over for me when they had Jackson's father mumbling about his new recording company at the MET last night..

Pity the poor children..The lawsuits will begin to fly ! He was the family meal ticket...They will all be vultures with lawyers!

Please stop the nonsense and take old Joe off the air! Let MJ rest in peace.

June 29, 2009 at 5:03 pm |
  50. Jeff in E. Lyme, CT

Jack, 1/20th of coverage CNN's devoted to MJ was too much! Some people apparently didn't realize that not all of us care about him but do care about other things that happen on Planet Earth.

June 29, 2009 at 5:04 pm |
  51. John, Fort Collins,CO

I must have missed something: when did the National Enquirer take over operational control of CNN and the other major television networks? The death of a pop star only warrants brief recognition in passing once the real news of the day is covered. All this gnashing of teeth has been way, way over the top.

June 29, 2009 at 5:06 pm |
  52. Larry

My favorite news station is CNN, but you guys went over the top on the Michael Jackson coverage. You even caused me to turn to another network that had some "real" news. When will it stop? Do you plan to dedicate a week for the funeral as well? Enough is enough! Let the family grieve in private.

Larry
    Ocala, Florida

June 29, 2009 at 5:07 pm |
  53. Lynne in North Augusta, SC

You passed too much coverage on the 2nd day.

June 29, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  54. amanda

It is up to the media to properly document important events throughout history.... this is one of those events.

June 29, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  55. Johnny From SC

It depends on wether or not you're a true fan. If you are then it's not enough if you're not and don't care then yes. But for us that are true Michael Jackson fans we want to know what really happened and how. He was loved by millions and being one of the millions that loved him I want to know all I can. Cnn has amazing coverage of this story so keep of th great work.

Johnny From SC

June 29, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  56. honest John in Vermont

I think there has been enough...too much. How much more can anyone stand. What's his song, "Leave Me Alone". At least he doesn't have to watch this media circus anymore.

June 29, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  57. Ryan

This much, Jack.

June 29, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  58. Jason

It has already become too much.

June 29, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  59. Koko/Massachusetts

He was a good musician and pop icon, but poor Farrah Fawcett and Bill Mays and Ed McMahon have been lost in the shuffle. Did we have this much wall to wall coverage when JFK was assassinated? Enough already.

June 29, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  60. Cicala

Jack, the question is not so much HOW MUCH coverage but more , WHAT KIND

June 29, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  61. Stephen Fox

None is too much–are you kidding, Jack? The media loves this. 🙂

"Don't stop... don't stop til you get enough, don't stop..."

–Stephen
    Panama City, FL

June 29, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  62. Brenda

Thanks for finally asking this question. I loved Michael Jackson's music, but this continuous coverage seems more out of desperation for filling the 24/7 new coverage than reporting significant information. Please give us a break!

June 29, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  63. Carol Nahls

We are WAY past that point!

June 29, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  64. Christy

I think the coverage is just right today

June 29, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  65. Connie Ferrell

Any coverage is too much.

June 29, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  66. Jim in Minneapolis

We're there. Enough Said

June 29, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  67. Gaile

Can you say NOW!

June 29, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  68. Ken in NC

Jack, it passed the point of "To Much" after the news cycle announced his death.

June 29, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  69. Dawn

I think it depends on what the viewers are asking for. If there is a legit interest in the Michael Jackson story, as supported by ratings, then I think the coverage is fine.

If the media on the other hand, is trying to keep the story alive, then I say its too much.

Let the viewers decide with their remotes. If they tune in looking for stories on MJ, then give it to them. If they are changing the channel, then its time to move on.

70. Allison Sloan

The amount of coverage about Jackson's death defies logic and reason. An aging, over -the – hill former pop star dies and CNN goes on about it 24 hours a day, every day. Why? Yours is not the only network responsible, of course.The coverage was ( and still is) impossible to to avoid, except by turning off the T.V., which I do. ( I found out about your topics today on the Internet.) Believe it or not, there are actually people in the world, like myself, who really don't care.

71. John Hewett

It's already too much!!! Good grief. Round the clock coverage, preempting network programs night after night, devoting entire morning shows repeatedly......this is an example of the media deciding what the public wants and then ramming it down our throats.

Enough already! Weren't there true global stories in Iran and North Korea just a week ago?

Charlotte, NC

72. michele carbone

All of it...

73. tola

i think its getting too much..there is so much else going on the world that is way bigger than this..it seems i don't know anything going on apart from this death.quite frankly i say enough already let the family be.

74. Bruce

We have already exceeded the limits of coverage that MJ deserved.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

75. Cindy L

There has already been too much coverage. Enough already.

76. David

Jack, Michael Jackson is the most famous person in all of history. No one has had as great a global impact on every corner of the world as MJ, like it or not. Extensive coverage is appropriate and I hope that everyone will finally realize how exceptional of an artist he was.

77. Amina

Too much was reached about 2 hours after his death. There are soldiers dying who should mean alot more to us. Two died the same day MJ did, and CNN barely covered it. Mumbai explosion and the baby in the microwave seemed like whispers in comparison to a singer. There is alot more going on in the world right now. Can I turn of BBC now and tune back into CNN?

78. Marilyn from Ohio

It wasn't too much cause I'm a huge fan, that is till today when Joe Jackson had a press conference and started promoting his record label!!!!!!!

79. Mike Metro Metts

I dont think there has been enough, some of us have nothing better to do and your job is to report it and do what your bosses say, so dig deeper and get more to reprt to us because we are hungary for the whole story!!!!!!!!

80. debbie

It's ALREADY too much news coverage.

81. Dan Fleury

How much is too much? I think CNN has discovered this already! I have had to turn to Fox News to find out what ELSE is happening in the world! Shame on you! I would have tuned in if there was any hope that I would see anything on Farrah Fawcett, but you have really disappointed me. The only thing I want to hear about MJ again is reporting about his CLONE. I'm ready to turn the channel at any mention of his name!

82. alix

Dear Jack-Even your re-cap was too much. ENOUGH ALREADY!

83. Robert Bass

Jack.....after last nights BET Awards.......its now enough. The Popes death did not garner this kind of attention. Let us have a funeral and then let us move on!

Robert

84. Paulette,Dallas,PA

I've had enough already. When he was alive the media couldn't leave him alone and delved into his obscure behaviors continuously. They portrayed him as a deviant. Now they want to beautify him and many people want to make money off of this poor souls talent. I say,leave the guy alone. He's gone – let him rest in peace.

85. kerrigreen

I will stayed tuned until the hype is over. Until he can really rest in peace.

86. BRANDON

I do not think there can be enough coverage of this LEGEND! The least we can do for him is report on his death/life correctly since the media dedicated so much negative pres on him throughout his lifetime. HE IS AN ICON and a HUMANITARIAN who has given so much love and entertainment to this dark cynical world!

87. Andrea, TN

Anything more than five minutes an hour is too much. This is CNN, not an entertainment/music news channel. Certainly he was one of the most well known and influential personalities in the world, but there is other news. Do you know the only place I saw any world news or political coverage Thursday night? From Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

88. Jane

Am. Tired. Of. It.

89. Jim

Enough already. I hope you and I get 1/1000 of what he got on our passing-well maybe you Jack-nobody knows me.

90. Mike

When you have to ask, you already know it's been too much.

91. Ed

You ask how much more Michael Jackson coverage is too much? One more second!

92. Rose

You're not there yet. But, you'll know when you get there.

93. Eva

As far as I am concerned this is enough for me on CNN. I watch CNN for the world news not entertainment news. Yes, he was great but of all the things in this world that is going on shouldn't we be concentrating on that instead of the circus that this is going to become.

94. Mitch B.

Jack,

I had enough of the coverage about an hour after his passing.

95. mike

I think this is to much on every channel every hour If anything give some of this coverage to some fallen soldiers.

96. courtney

I think that CNN is doing the right thing by making the top story on Michael Jackson, because it really is devistating and shocking for everybody, even if they aren't fans of his.. and they are still going back and fourth to other top stories.. such as iraq and president Obama

97. R. From Michigan

Never to much, He was a great man...

Would love to hear more updates on the hour, every hour.

98. Ilene from NJ

I can't believe I am saying this but no amount of coverage is too much. It is way too intriguing and when the family says there is so much more to this story that will be told - I want to know.

99. Jennifer Weller

Any further coverage of Michael Jackson is not only redundant – it's repugnant. Enough already!

100. Al WIlkins

He was a great artist, but already too much coverage two days ago.

101. Pat

We have already reached too much by a few days. I liked Michael Jackson's music and he was a ground breaker and had an enormous amount of talent, but the coverage has been way over done!

Pat
    Virginia

102. Kenge, Italy

The mere fact that this is up for discussion illustrates the total obsession with Michael's death and his affairs. While it is true in stating that we have lost an icon and a musical genius, the news channels and web pages have been bombarded with all things Michael. It is a bit sad in the end due to it depicting the old montage, "you are only somebody when you die."

103. Eric

Sure there were a lot of fans and thats fine, but when we have an economy thats in the gutter, troops in a war and god knows what else is happening around the world, have a moment of silence for Mr Jackson and pay regards to his family and move on.

104. katiebenson

we are sick up to our eyeballs about Michael Jackson... who cares. I didn't like him when he was alive...

105. courtney

While I am still saddened by the death of Michael Jackson, I think enough is enough, lets not beat a dead horse (pardon the pun). In no way should the death of Michael eclipse the events in Iran, or any other issue going on. Michael's death and subsequent legal battles will be creating headlines for months, lets give it and the Jackson family some time to rest...

106. gilbert ostler

Jack:

It was too much 4 days ago. Why can't people let the poor guy rest in peace? Are people so pathetic that they have to justify their own lives through yet another dead celebrity? And why can't the media just take the high road and report the important things?

107. TACCOL

There is an off button on your tv and while I love CNN there are other channels to watch....had enough? Turn it off or change the channel. Michael Jackson was a GLOBAL STAR....even more so in other countries than his own. What else would you expect for "The King Of Pop"...get over it....it is what it is...MJ is the News right now...like it or not.

108. Linda

I've had enough already.
    Sorry Michael, but enough is enough.

109. Liam J

Too much?
    This man is a hero WORLDWIDE.
    No one is covering this story CONSTANTLY.. but it would be stupid to act as though people don't want to know about this.

We DO get coverage of all of the other issues...

I am ashamed that this is even a topic of discussion.

If people don't want to see it, turn the channel.

110. Scott

I know how to make the coverage stop, just turn off the TV! But would like to know why a doctor preformed CPR on a bed for half an hour, and had to be told by 911 to put him on the floor

111. Claudia, South Alabama

It was too much within three hours of his death. Yes, it's sad that he died, but the endless repetitious chatter on his financial state, his kids, the doctor, the upcoming concerts, etc is incredibly boring. The BET tribute was great, but all this speculation makes for bad television. I'm more interested in health care, the economy, Iran, and what kind of aid I'll be able to get as an unemployed person who's having to go back to college to be retrained.

112. KC2DC

Until all the unanswered questions of the people who loved him as a family man, friends, and fans, are answered. Michael Jackson made beautiful, soulful, loving, music and videos that linked generations. He deserves nothing but the best, because he simply was the best entertainer, icon, we've ever witnessed. R.I.P. MJ

113. Tom in WV

99% of the coverage thatr has been given to him is too much. He is no more special or deserving of this kind of coverage than anyone who has actually contributed to the human cause. And where is the coverage and concern for all those men and women that reenter the US through Dover AFB? They are the ones who deserve this idol worship.

114. monica tichauer

Recently it seems there's nothing important happening in the world! All you hear recently is Farah Fawcet and Michael Jackson! There's a lot of important things happening, and I would suggest 10% on deceased celebrities, and the rest on relevant news!

115. Paul San Antonio, TX

Personally, I feel there's been too much already. Ever since Thursday when the Situation Room first reported that Michael Jackson was being rushed to the hospital it's been nothing but Michael over all forms of media from the TV to radio to the internet. I am not old enough to remember the Michael Jackson from the Thriller days. I am a child of the 90's, and know him for all his legal troubles and plastic surgery. Is his death sad? Yes. Does it loom on my conscience to the point where I think we need absolutely all media coverage to be turned to him? No.

116. Paul

Of course it has been too much. Instead of covering the president's speech on LGBT rights, CNN covered gossip about Michael Jackson's death, his doctor, and the children. Iran is in turmoil, Honduras is in crisis, and the president was hosting LGBT leaders to celebrate the Stonewall Rebellion. All takes a back seat to Michael Jackson. Embarrassing.

117. mika

I am so glad you finally said it, Jack. I have become so tired of it, I turn off the television. While it is sad that an icon of the modern era has died, there are also much more important things going on in the world right now that affect all of us in a very real way. The American people need to know what's going on in the world, it didn't stop happening because Michael Jackson died.

118. Amir Namvar

To be honest it was too much friday morning when MTV/VH1 actually started playing blocks of his music videos for long periods of time, also with sharing everyones personal stories. There are people in Iran who are dying for freedom in their country and it seems like its being overlooked for a the controversial pop icon.

119. Daniel, HI

Michael Jackson isn't just another Anna Nicole Smith, he was an icon for a generation. He should be remembered with the news coverage he deserves.

120. Johanes

The attention should be no surprise. It's just sad he didn't get to experience the love when he was alive.

121. Kevin

Oh, I don't know Jack, maybe Friday lunch was when I had my fill. Until today I stayed away from the TV and satellite radio. For the future it seems best just to bury my head in the sand and come out around the early months of 2010, by then I hope it will have gone away.

122. Janet

You are forgetting that you LIVE the news. Many of us are busy with our everyday lives and grab the news when we can get it. When you viewers start tuning out......that's when you've had too much coverage. So for now, please continue your broad and professional coverage.

123. Zack Hubbard

When the details of Jackson’s death receives more time than the controversy in Iran, the tension that surrounds current healthcare policy, and the dangerous energy bill that was just passed by the house, it has gone too far.

124. Prof. Stephen Dwight Godfrey

This is just insane coverage, especially for those of us being subjected to it when we don't, or never did, care for jackson's music or personality. He was not the kind of singer that moved me – so why so much hype and excitement?; he was a singer, not a brain-surgeon. ENOUGH ALREADY!

125. Raj Singh

All in all, the coverage is justified. Michael Jackson was a media sensation. His whole life was basically covered and unveiled in the media, and people are complaining that in these four days of coverage, it's getting to be too much? He was an icon, a legend that comes once. Wait until you see the size of the funeral.

126. Marsha from Kansas

There has already been way too much. I keep trying to get real news and all I get are the same comments over and over. I have been trying to find out the cause of death of Mr Billy Mays. I had to go on line to find out that he may have died of coronary embolism. Why is it such a big deal what Michael died of but of no importance what Mr Mays died from?

127. Steve

There has already been way too much coverage of Michael Jackson's death.Surely there is some important news somewhere in the world.

128. Ken Sturtz

Jack, I just heard a faux news alert that Michael Jackson was still dead.... enough is enough, Let Jacko rest in peace. K

129. Jim K, Jax Beach, Fl

It'll be too much coverage when you mention Michael Jackson as much as you do Twitter.

130. Tomm in Los Angeles

Jack, I was about to turn off CNN because I felt that I knew enough of all of these events. Your question came at a good time.

Too much is not going to be univsersally answered. As long as we can shut off all of our phones, computers, and televisions, we ultimately control the amount of news we expose ourselves to each and every day.

You do a good job. Keep it up.

131. steve

Enough already!! If this guy didn't have the fame and fortune, and was your next door neighbor, you and your kids would be terrified. It just shows that fame allows you to be weird.

132. Cody

I don't mind an update when there is indeed an update about his death. But when I have CNN on for a few hours at a time and all I seem to hear is the same thing about Michael Jackson, it starts to get old. I would love to get more information about Billy Mays, his death is more important to me as I will miss him far more than I will miss Michael Jackson. However his death is still tragic.

133. JT in OH

Jack,

That point was reached about an hour after his death on Friday. Are you kidding me? I was an avid teenage fan of his during the Thriller craze but even I am sick of hearing about him. Yes, he had talent, yes he did great things, but he is not news. I wish the news media would focus on North Korea, Iran, Iraq, or anything that actually has impact on our lives today. The loss of potential is tragic, but that does not mean that the world stops and that demands more attention by all of us and I wish the media would honor that. You folks spend too little time on news and too much on entertainment.

134. Jerry Racine

Jack...I am glad that Jesus doesnt decide to visit earth at this time as noone would know he is here with all of the Jackson news going on. I liked him but enough is enough..Lets cover something else..Love ya big guy..Jerry

135. Pat Ritz

Believe it or not, there are some of us for whom Michael Jackson is NOT an important personage. I would understand the wall to wall coverage if, say, President Obama (God forbid) passed away. The news obsession with MJ has been WAY too much.

136. Bernadette Loesch

Dear Jack, While I understand the shock of Michael Jackson's untimely death, I do not for the life of me understand why anyone would exploit it for their selfish means. In my opinion Michal Jackson should be allowed to rest in peace and his family should be left to take care of their grief.

137. Sonja - Calgary, AB

Although Michael Jackson was a brilliant entertainer and while he gave up much of his life to the public, his family needs their privacy right now. The fact that there were cameras swirling around the ambulance on thursday, and the pictures of him being transported into the ambulance even exist is disgusting to me. The media shows no mercy, and even on his death bed they managed to humiliate him one more time. Enough is enough!

138. CATHIE

Honestly....you guys are doing a GREAT job covering this Michael Jackson story. Michael Jackson's death is the same multitude as Elvis Presley's was. And there are, literally, MILLIONS of people who want to see it and find out everything there is to no about it! SO please...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK. You ARE our only source to the story that people can 'trust'.
    THANK YOU!!!

139. Gaile in Florida

Gov. Sanford sends his thanks to the Jackson family.

140. dee anderson

Jack, we have already hit the wall for Jackson coverage. I feel overwhelmed by the hours on this subject. I realize MJ is 'newsworthy' but I just don't think I can do days of this. It's all too much!

141. Cicala

I don't think we can fully appreciate what this man did, he was more then a glorified celeb, he was a humanitarian. Do you know he gave away ALL proceeds of his Dangerous Tour...125 mill of his sweat..for 2 years going around the world. You tell me who has done that?? Not to mention what he did to advance the civil right cause in his own special way. he needs to be covered, just in a right way. Not around the clock like CNN is doing to make a buck on sensational "news", not so much news, more like gossip.

142. Melissa in Montgomery

Not sure, but it's the first time I've watched CNN 24/7 in a very long while.

143. Leeann Rossford, OH

There is no such thing as too much with MJ. He was a pop icon and a legend to this world. The coverage after his passing has been interesting and I think it gives beloved fans the opportunity to follow what exactly is going on. MJ has passed away, but his music will forever live. He has been in the news since he was just a little boy. His death is a huge thing and has come with shock to everyone. Do not stop the coverage.

144. steve - Midland, TX

No idea, but he's not getting anymore than Natalee Holloway or Caylee Anthony from Nancy Grace on the station, what is it, uh, CNN?

145. Guy in NYC

Michael was a talented artist who influenced a generation. However, he was also a tragically flawed figure who deserved our sympathy/pity. Periodic updates would be OK and certainly a retrospective is appropriate. However, this has gone waaaaay too far. We don't need hour-by-hour updates, particularly with all of the serious things going on around the world.

146. Ann Ward

It is over the top. We are now facing the ignorance of his father tauting and promoting his new record company, instead of answering questions for the fans. It is all about the money, not about the life of a musical prodigy.

147. kay- san antonio, tx

YES, YES, YES there is way too much media coverage on Michael Jackson. He has been an icon and a complicated human being but human is what he is. I am appalled at the lack of coverage on Ed McMann and Farrah Fawcett who gave their lives to entertain us as well. They are just as worthy of being in the media spotlight and should at least have their day of coverage and mourning. Shame on CNN and all the other news networks for excluding such wonderful entertainers as they.

148. Kathy

Jack – Ugh! We have already reached the point of no return! I am so sick of hearing about MJ ~ I can't even say his name! He may have done good things for Africa, etc. He had some great songs. HOWEVER, he is not worthy of so much coverage! It is sickening and I am very disappointed that CNN has fallen into the Hollywood media trap. Your reporters are too talented to waste so much of their time. I hope it goes away soon.

149. Rob

Americans wonder why the rest of the world hates us yet at the same time there is a coup in Honduras, close to a second revolution in Iran, and a crucial turning point in Iraq where our soldiers are still dying our eye is focused on Michael Jackson. America land of the tabloids. This isn't journalism it's entertainment.

150. Patricia Jones

Yes, the amount of coverage given to this event is excessive. This young man was not a hero, not a person who donated time or money to charity but rather a self-obsessed pop icon. While his musical talent was great, his life and the example he set for others was not. Cnn is one of the worst offenders in amount of time devoted to this story.

151. Nick

On the same day Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett died, nine people were killed in a bombing in Afghanistan. The nine Afghanistan deaths got a two-second blurb at the bottom of the screen. The two celebrity deaths get hours upon hours of media coverage, as Jack said. I think that really says something wrong about mainstream media.

152. MJ Conway

Wow you are asking us? I for one think it was too much Friday! But the only way I can get away from it all is to hide my head in the sand... even there the ground will reverberate with Beat It! Please spare us from any more Jackson anything... let the man Rest In Peace!

153. Deb & Chad Burkhart

Hi Jack. My husband and I really enjoy listening to you. Michael Jackson's death is so sad. However, I think CNN made a big mistake by covering him constantly leaving many people wondering what is going on in Iran. CNN is the best news station and we watch it a lot keeping us very updated with all the news. I really believe though that the Michael Jackson coverage was way over the top. Other news needed to be covered.

154. Jerry Rankin

We passed too much two days ago. Time to return to the important matters of the day.

155. Veronica

When you have extended coverage of Bo the Presidential First Dog, I don't think there is a problem with extended coverage of the man who single-handedly changed the face of music. Many fans want closure on his death. He broke down racial barriers many couldn't. Celebrate his life and the millions worldwidel he has touched. We've lost the last of a dying breed.

156. Jim Blevins

When a story preempts stories that have greater effect on the average person, the coverage is excessive. By that standard, the Jackson coverage was excessive by at least a factor of 100. Fortunately, the Internet allows access to news channels with better judgement.

Jim, Craig, CO

157. paul

"thank you Jack, I rarely care about what you have to say, SORRY but you got this one i have been asking the same question. This really cheapens CNN's coverage to me their is so much more that needs your attention. thank you

158. Mary Schacht

He WAS an amazing tallent, but I want to know about Neda and her fellow protesters, not some hasbeen. Our eye should be on those making history, not those who are history.

159. Susan from Cincinnati

It's already been too much. Just give us the facts. I'm tired of the reporters asking all the "what ifs" and reporting things that have not been confirmed.

160. Art

Michael Jackson was a music icon, loved by millions around the world. His death was immediate, tragic and shocking. We all know that his life was not perfect, to say the least, but we cannot ignore the contributions he made to this world and the legacy he leaves behind. Let the world mourn.

161. Zack Hubbard, Pennsylvania

When the details of Jackson’s death receives more time than the controversy in Iran, the tension that surrounds current healthcare policy, and the dangerous energy bill that was just passed by the house, it has gone too far .

162. Eric

I think they should be showing coverage for as long as possible. The man was brilliant, and the music will live on forever. He wasn't just a one hit wonder, and he needs to be recognized.

163. Wesley G. in PA

MIchael was an amazing singer and an amazing performer. A truly inspirational celebrity. But at the end of the day, he was a man who made it big by entertaining, no better in life than you or me. He deserves his time in the limelight one last time, but round the clock coverage is too much for a singer. Did Ronald Reagan or Nelson Mandela get this much coverage? i Think not...where are our prioritys?

164. Valarie Brooks

06/29/09 I'm already there! Way too much! THe topper was last night Joe Jackson promoting himself at the BET show. Agh!

165. B. Szakacs

The coverage on MJ is way overdone

166. Gene

Thank you, Jack! MJ meant a lot to so many people, but I felt like we lost him a long time ago. The pictures highlighting his surgeries and the clips of his odd interviews and him dangling his child over a balcony rail only confirms that. Of course the media is overdoing the coverage of this tragic event...

167. Ruth

It was reached on the day he died. Nothing is private anymore or sacred.

168. Marion McClain

All of it is too much. It is sad when anyone dies, but this orgy of coverage and "mourning" is just too much! What did Mr. Jackson ever do to elevate the human condition or make anyone's life better?

169. T. Scott Curt

It was too much after more than one hour, Jack. Iran is in turmoil and beating down protestors, North Korea threatensa shower of missles, Iraq may be ready to fracture and we are wrestling with a massive health care plan. So what does our press focus on?? Wall-to wall Michael Jackson. Were he still with us, I think even he would be troubled by the spectacle.

170. Veronica Taylor

It is not too much attention on Michael Jackson!!! He is a icon. He was an ERA!!! That man brought the globe together. That's how important his music and philanthropy influenced the world!!! It is my pleasure to keep his legacy alive!!!

171. Harold Mullendore

I am 87 years old, have lived through WW2 and lost many friends to death. I have witnessed celebrities of the World and I doubt if there has ever been as much coverage as M. Jacksons obit! When will it end? Please, Jack, continue in your job to allow us to comment on such absurd coverage as this artist has recieved! thanks, Harold M.

172. Deedee

A lot of news coverage and details are understandable in my point of view. I, as with a lot of people internationally, grew up listening to Michael and loved him dearly. We're worried of his children, the family situation and what caused it all. We want to know what's happening. I'm satisfied with the news coverage, and it isn't like the news is neglecting other issues.

173. shirley osborn

Waaaay too much. NEW news is interesting. Going over and over and over and over the same iinformation is not only annoying. EVERY channel, EVERY hour???? It gets to the point you want to throw the set out the window.

174. scott in nashville tn

hi jack
    it's not that he died..it's HOW he died that has generated the non stop coverage....if he had died an old man in his bed, it would have led the evening news and that would have been that...watch and see what happens when Paul McCartney, admittedly the most successful singer/songwriter of all time, passes....if he dies of old age, it will lead the evening news and that will be that...of course, if Yoko should shoot him, it will be non stop coverage 🙂

175. celia kingman

I repected MJ's music, questioned and gave benifit of the doubt to his legal problems, was sorry and sad at his death. But enough is enough. I could not find regular news coverage all weekend! If I was going to see CNN's Man in the mirror one more time, I would scream.

176. Diane Roper

new information only-avoid repeating the same information over and over again-I doubt there is anyone who has not heard the information reported all weekend.

177. Larry Fox

The amount of coverage that they have now is too much. Everywhere I turn there is a story regarding either Jackson's kids or his property, and it needs to slow down. What about Farrah Fawcett and her long battle with canecer? Where is the news coverage on her? Or Ed McMahon and his long history of TV success and large fandom. Or William Mays? He may have not been as big a star as the aformentioned three, but he was known nationwide and deserves some respect too. For those that dissagree with me and say that MJ was the King of Pop I get that, but its too much.

178. Dan Chi

It's been four days since Michael died and four days of coverage. In my opinion every news channel covering this story is telling us the same thing over and over again. Michael Jackson IS a global icon and has touched the hearts of many generations, but with all of the coverage he's received, I haven't seen even half of his time devoted to Farrah Fawcett, who fought a long battle with cancer. Or does anyone care about that?

179. Larry in Florida

Jack,
    Granted he was a celebrity but enough is enough. Other high profile celebrities died this past week and have had barely a word mentioned about them. It's amazing just how little real news happens that news agencies can spend all their efforts on one dead individual.

180. Chad

It would be very difficult to say that a story such as Michael Jackson's death could receive too much coverage. This man was the biggest superstar in the world. This death is like no other and deserves to be covered as much as it is being covered in the news today. People need to understand the scope of Jackson's influence and importance in people's lives on all parts of the globe.

Chad
    London On, Canada

181. Drew, Toronto ON Canada

On one hand, it can be seen as too much. Sure, it may be Michael Jackson, but he's just one person. On the other hand, we as a society have come to follow our celebrities almost religiously, knowing most every detail of their lives. He became another casualty to fame, and it's something many people in the world are hurt by. Sure, we didn't know him personally, but for many, myself included, we grew up listening to his music. As children, we might have idolized him. For those people, it would never seem as "too much," because when the day comes that the news ends, Michael Jackson will be fully gone, his memory just that. A memory.

182. cindy los angeles, ca

Jack, this man was an icon and a genius who contributed so much to our popular culture. His music and dance enabled him to cross over to mainstream "white" America and paved the way for African Americans who came after him. Most importantly, though, he didn't see people in terms of black or white and we should all be grateful for that.

183. Henry Driver

Too much was too long ago. It's time to stop all of this over Michael Jackson

184. Larry

It will never get too much, this is a man that has touched lives more than some world presidents and some world acclaimed scholars. We give him more attention subconsciously cuz he remains a legend.

185. Jane S.

All the coverage since it was announced that he had died has been too much. Michael did not lead the kind of life that most Americans lead and. though it is sad that anyone should die at such a young age in this day and time, we do not relate to him and wish the coverage would end. Unfortunately, something else drastic has to happen before you change the story.

Jane
    Altona, NY

186. Tonya

10 minutes is more than enough time. I could go on for days about other people and situations more worthy of the coverage.

187. chris

There were a lot of people that passed last week. 'Icons' and everyday Joes. It's an interesting comment on us that so many are dwelling on this one person, ain't it? Is there really nothing more important in our lives?

188. judith chmielenski

I am beginning to turn off all news programs with stories on Michael Jackson. I don't want to hear anything but a 1 min report once a day. The news media gives too much attention to what doesn't need attention. Let's hear more about people who do good in the world and leave Michael to his family

189. Karl from SF, CA

Let me put it this way: Thank God for the MUTE button.

190. Chris

Micheal Jacksons life was a circus. It seems his death is also. Time to leave his family alone. RIP MJ

191. Richard

I think is not too much as long we get national news along with world news.....but if you spend the whole day talking about him then it will too much.....in my opinion since we have other stuff happening in our country that need the same coverage....

192. Markena B.

Not only is the michael jackson coverage not too much but there will never be enough. I can never get enough of the coverage and I am greatful for all of the coverage that is pertinent regarding him. All of the negative things that are being mentioned like the children living with Joseph jackson and michael's legal troubles of the past can be tossed out of the window people don't want to hear about that! we are specifically worried about michael and his family at this point

193. R. Styles

If Michael Jackson was a local entainter, than coverage would only be needed in that local area. Since he is know worldwide and shared so much of his life and love through song and music worldwide, until the matter is resolved, the world should know what is happening minute by minute about the final arrangements for Michael Jackson.

194. Barbara

Too much Michael Jackson coverage is when the coverage is not news and is just "speculating."

195. Dr. Franklin

Jack, MJ has made such a deep impact upon the lives of baby boomers and generation X'ers growing up and is such intricately intertwined in their lives. As such his abrupt unexpectant passing has left such an immense void that the grieving process that now follows may take a while, and will probably last well after the final results of his autopsy has been published and he has been laid to rest. There's no guessing how long one could take to grieve with the loss of a family member, and Michael was family those mentioned above.
    Dr. Franklin, Los Angeles, CA

196. Althea Van Der Wal Mt. Vernon, MO

Yes I think their has been to much coverage of Michael Jackson.
    On Friday the Congress passed a huge Tax Bill and their was very little coverage on it. I'm more interested in what is going on in Washington then Mr. Jackson. I'm sorry for his loss. But enough is enough. Let his Children have some peace. And let him rest in peace

197. Kimberly

No!!! The coverage is not too much. Yes!!! I was offended when you said it was. I was just in the process of writing and/or calling to complain. This is the only chance we will get to mourn the loss of one of the most important American figures in our lives. You don't have to agree with it, but we are the viewers. Without us, there is no need for CNN. This means that you have to at the very least HONOR AND RESPECT HOW WE FEEL.

198. Lynne Potler

We already have had much more coverage of Michael Jackson's tragic death than we need.

Instead we need to hear more about what is happening in our world.

And we should acknowledge the grace Farrah Fawcewtt showed with her illness and her efforts to share information that would help others.

199. Elizabeth

It became too much when CNN started giving Joe Jackson a stage for his own self-promotion. The two interviews that Joe Jackson gave to Don Lemon were bizarre, self-serving and turned this story into nothing more than a circus. When the coverage has turned to Joe Jackson interviews it is time to stop and let Michael RIP without his father ruining his death as he ruined his life.

200. atoosa biglari

I think the coverage on Michael Jackson has been appropriate but the media should begin focusing on more important news for ex: IRAN

Michael Jackson RIP