April 27th, 2009

Would you donate to Gov. Palin's legal defense fund?

If you have a couple extra coins knocking around in your pocket, you could consider a donation to Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's legal defense fund. The former Republican vice presidential candidate has about $500,000 in legal fees - partly due to investigations into efforts to fire an Alaska state trooper who's her former-brother-in-law.

Also, supporters say about a dozen new ethics complaints have been filed against Palin in the last four months. The 'Alaska Fund Trust' says on its website: "For Alaskans, the time has come to end the siege on our government by political tricksters. Enough is enough. With the help of reform-minded advocates from across our nation, we will stand up for what is right."

They add that the fund will "reduce the incentive for mischief by Palin's opponents" and turn back the tide of partisan and personal political attacks.

Donations will be limited to $150, and the fund won't accept money from corporations, lobbyists, foreigners or state contractors. Supporters say the names and contribution amounts of all donors will be made public.

They insist this is one of the "most restrictive and transparent legal funds in history," and compare it to other recent funds - like those for both Clintons and former Alaska Senator Ted Stevens.

Here’s my question to you: Would you be inclined to donate to Governor Sarah Palin's legal defense fund?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Andy from Vancouver writes:
Let’s see here: Palin won't take bailout money that would go to the people of Alaska whom she represents, but she wants everyone to bail her out instead? I don't know who's a bigger idiot: Palin or the people who give her money.

Eric writes:
Jack, buddy, get over it already, your man won. Six months ago! Bush and Palin no longer exist. Obama owns all this mess now. You can't keep digging up Sarah Palin's long-since buried political corpse to prop up as a red herring when people start realizing their child-God is just a man like you and me.

Lola writes:
If it means she will disappear, never to be heard from again! I live in the UK and am so, so sick of hearing her name! What must it be like for Americans?

Frann from California writes:
I've be very inclined to donate to her 'go away and don't come back to the political arena, ever' fund. Likely that fund would be well-supported, but unlikely it could live up to its name.

Dale from Fort Lauderdale writes:
I intend to just because she's been so savagely and unfairly attacked by the media and the left just because she's a conservative. Funny how the media, feminists and the left defend Hillary Clinton (rightfully so) but won't defend Palin the same way because she's conservative.

Elizabeth from Wasilla, Alaska writes:
I live in Wasilla, Alaska and will not contribute one penny to her defense fund. I will contribute generously to anyone running against her in the next election. From what I hear around town, that's the prevailing sentiment.

Tom from California writes:
I'll give the full $150.00, just as soon as she donates to my "Speeding Ticket" fund ($236.75 minimum). You first, Governor.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. David in San Diego

No, put after she is incarcerated, I would put a few dollars in her canteen account.

April 27, 2009 at 1:39 pm |
  2. Joel in Iowa

Jack,

Perhaps she'll not have enough cash soon and have to stop her junkets "OUT OF" Alaska, and keep her eyes on the Russians.

In my humble opinioin...

April 27, 2009 at 4:56 pm |
  3. K

You betcha I wouldn;t contribute a plug nickle to her.

April 27, 2009 at 4:56 pm |
  4. Chipster

Hmmm. Let me think about that a minute. OK, I don't really need a minute – NO! The problem is Gov. Palin is "restrictive and transparent." I will, however, pray for her to recover from her irrational fear of witches and condoms.

April 27, 2009 at 4:57 pm |
  5. Betty, San Diego, Ca.

I would not donate one red cent to Sarah Palin's offense or defense.

April 27, 2009 at 5:58 pm |
  6. Carl D.

Jack,
    I wouldn't donate 1 cent to her defense, she isn't worth it.

April 27, 2009 at 5:58 pm |
  7. The Lonely Libertarian of Liverpool NY

Jack it looks like you received not takers here. Hmmmm I wonder why everyone is not running to help her?

April 27, 2009 at 5:59 pm |
  8. Nancy, Grand Ledge,MI

I'd pay to help fund the investigations!

April 27, 2009 at 6:00 pm |
  9. Kevin Saint Joseph,MI

No. She is worthless! She is a cocktail party joke that is still funny!

April 27, 2009 at 6:00 pm |
  10. ron

Hell No!!! Not a nickel.

April 27, 2009 at 6:00 pm |
  11. amina

jack i think my money will be well spent by donating to homeless or an animal shelter,she made the mess let her clean it if she would have turned down being gop vice presidential candidate none of this would have happened.

April 27, 2009 at 6:00 pm |
  12. undecided

I wouldn't give her a dime. I could care less what her legal fees are. The only way I would give her any money is if I knew she would be using it to disappear.

April 27, 2009 at 6:01 pm |
  13. mel

I plan on it.
    She has attack more ways and more times by the
    liberal left media than anyone in our history, so I am more than willing to help put them in their place.
    Harper
    La Junta,Co

April 27, 2009 at 6:01 pm |
  14. Ralph Spyer chicago Il

I would have to be waterboarded by Dick Cheney before I would give a dime.

April 27, 2009 at 6:01 pm |
  15. mark

I wouldn't give her one cent. She made her bed so now she can lay in it. For a vice presidential candidate who tried to ride the religion train to the white house, she sure seemed to have many people fooled. Not me, and I certainly don't know what religion she's a part of but it's certainly not the bible I read.

April 27, 2009 at 6:03 pm |
  16. Melvin

No, I wouldn't. Funny how some politicians have all the answers
    until they get caught with their hands in the trough of corruption.
    No one paid her to get her investigated. She needs to manage the best
    way she can as other ordinary folks do.

April 27, 2009 at 6:03 pm |
  17. Toby

It works. I guess nobody much cares.
    I surely would not donate.

April 27, 2009 at 6:03 pm |
  18. Janet from Russia

Did she just signed a book deal? And how much the next soap opera with "former-son-in-law" would cost? And when the system ( in this case, family) is broken and mismanaged, then its not fundrising, its BAILOUT...

April 27, 2009 at 6:03 pm |
  19. Carl C. in Brick NJ

Only if she promised to zip it up and get out of national politics.

April 27, 2009 at 6:04 pm |
  20. John, Fayetteville, NY

Nice Jack, you've fallen into the same Palin trap that the rest of the national media has undertaken in the last few months. It's not enough to not get elected, now we are a country who destroys people's character and beliefs, we criticize their thinking, and their way of life. Many think she's a candidate for 2012, so keep her negatively in the news and you flame the fires of hatred towards a person whether you agree with them or not.....it's not the right thing to do. She's not asking to be in the spotlight, but yet the camera's continue to follow her, the interviews of her family, her daughter's future marriage gone bust......when is it enough?

Just ask yourselves, my fellow Americans, if you could withstand the scrutiny of media in your personal life, the onslaught of your family's personal lives, right down to your core beliefs.........I really don't think so.

As Christ once said (paraphrase) Let those without sin cast the first stone.

It's simply shameful, there's no other way to describe it.

April 27, 2009 at 6:05 pm |
  21. Fred in Toronto

Lemme see... starving orphans in Africa, victims of war in refugee camps, and Sarah's defence fund. Thank God I'm a foreigner, I would hate to have to make that kind of tough decision.

22. Susan Gordon

I am about as inclined to support Sarah Palin's defense fund as I am Dick Chaney's. He, like Sarah, should learn when to keep his mouth shut.

23. David Holmes

No I wouldn't. But if the prosecution needs a few bucks just tell me where to send it.
    Akron Ohio

24. Dan Conklin

Hey Jack. Although I am not inclined to send the good governor any funding for her defense I do have a couple of airline tickets to Mexico City I'd like her to use.

25. Mike

Yes, if she promises to moves to Russia.

26. Constance

Jack, I'd sooner have three root canals than contribute to Palin's legal defense fund. She can sell her moose meat on eBay if she needs money.

27. Zach

I wouldn't donate anything to her or for her.if she wasn't screwing up then she wouldn't have these problems

28. Brian from Wichita, KS

Maybe she could sell all those expensive clothes she received during the election to pay for her legal fees!

29. Linda Revel

No way I wou7ld donate one nickle to that woman. She is an opportunist and McCain's biggest mistake. She should just go away and stop acting like she is relevant.

30. Jorge Alarcon

Plain and simple...she's begging. BIG RED FLAGS!

31. Kobe

The way in which you phrased the question is politically divisive to begin with; but, would I support any politician in this manner, no.

32. David Brotman

I would rather poke red hot molten steel rods in my eye than give money to anything having to do with Sarah Palin

David Brotman
    Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

33. paul schiffman

Mr, Cafferty,
    This could be the most ridiculous question ever posed to any intelligent person. The woman is a head case.

34. Phil Hundley

Jack – is there by chance a Palin prosecution fund I could send $20 to?

Just asking....
    Phil
    Chicago

35. Sue Preacher

At a time when my economy is so low, why would I give money to help someone who has a nice job in a state where they pay her instead of asking her to pay taxes? NOT bloody likely.

36. Charla in TX

No way, let the right-wing wackos squander their money. I hope she gets indicted and duly convicted.

37. Debra Greenland

No, no a 150 times no!!!!! Pocono Lake, PA

Sorry, forgot my town last time!

38. Diana

HA! Are you kidding? This person is as crooked as they come. She never had to answer for intimidation to her ousted brother-in-law. Ask Lou Dobbs to donate money to her fund as all I heard from him during the campaign was "poor Sarah" wasn't being treated fairly.

39. Trey

Palin is a republican, therefore she should pull herself up by her own "bootstraps" instead of asking for a handout. Not getting any money out of me.

40. Garry J. Stockdale

I wouldn't contribute for her defense fund, but I would love to contribute toward her prosecution.

41. Jean Pierre

It's simple, Jack. Hell no!

42. Ann

Let her sell her outfits she had while running. No way my pennies..

43. Sue Ventura

No she brought this on herself.

44. Mike

No way! Not ever! And I will not donate to Hillary's campaign debt either.

45. Ken Vredenburg

If Palin does not have $5,000.00 in the bank, then what kind of VP could she have been ?
    My thinking is she can pay her own bills.
    But then again, if you have small minded conservatives willing to give you $$$, then go for it !
    Then the donors will be the stupid ones !

46. Patty, NJ

Sure – when pigs fly. And, please, to all the media out there – leave poor, poor, pitiful Sarah alone as we are truly sick, sick to death of hearing about her.

47. Janet C

There is no way on this green earth I would donate a dime to Sarah Palin's fund. Aren't we donating enough tax dollars to enough lost causes?

48. M in Atlanta

No, she needs to write a book, make the millions that will come and pay for her own legal fees. Why should people pay for here decisions, I think that the american people are running out of checks at this particular moment. Cover your own mess and I will take care of mine!

49. Ed

Rather go hunting with Dick Cheney.

50. Lori, Seattle

I would donate. The partisan witchhunt launched against her is ridiculous. It doesn't take a genius to spot that.

51. Tommy

Yes, I would and will donate to Governor Sara Palin's fund. She has been so unfairly treated by the liberal media, and I for one will stand up for her. She stands for decent politics.

52. KC

Jack:
    No, but could I donate to the prosecution and plaintiffs? Please?? Wait, really... I got the check right here.
    /kc

53. Jon

Jack,

Its time for her to get a second job like the rest of us. Speaking of legal defense funds, I'm starting one too. Feel free to donate.

Jon

54. Dwight in Tampa

Only if she were serving at least a 10 year federal sentence in prison and she had more charges pending.

55. ray

she's just another paranoid extremist who needs meds not a defense fund but i am not going to contribute she can pay for her own meds

56. Ken in NC

If it will make it possible for her to campaign for the White House in 2012, I would do it. She has been one of the few Republicans to work really hard for the Democratic Party. We need her out there dragging her family all over the country and spewing her hate and stupidly.

57. rob wall

Only if it kept her in prison long enough for her hair to turn gray.

58. Joe

I would definitely contribute $150 and also campaign my friends to contribute. Only thing I ask from the Governor is promise that she will be Republican nominee in 2012. We need Obama till 2016 to fix this country.

59. Enok

Dig yourself out of the hole you dug, Mrs. Palin.

I guess it's only considered a bailout if it's someone other than herself.

60. Marlene Kaplan

Hell, NO!!!!!!!!!! Governor Palin has no more moral right to set up a defense fund thatn anyone else who is accused of wrongdoing. Bet the monies collected go into a fund for her next campaign! I dread that campaign!

61. A Patel

If I had some pocket change, I would rather give it to GM !!!

May be Palin should consider asking Geitner for some money through TPRP..... "Troubled Palin's Relief Program"

62. James Lindsay

Not one dime. How they have managed to come off as though they are on some sort of righteous mission is a very good bit of spin doctoring. This woman clearly used her political power to bully people around, and we should be grateful she never made it to the executive branch of government.

63. Donna

Good Gosh NO!!! Not even if she were the last breathing human being in Alaska !

64. linda

not on your life!!!

65. Terri - Tulsa

Sure, I'll contribute, on two conditions. First, she'll need to give me irrefutable proof of her innocence. Then she has to convince her daughter to allow Tripp's father his parental rights, as is Alaska law! If as governor she can't uphold Alaskan law, why should ANYONE help her?

66. Matthew krulitski

In short, Jack, no.

However, if there was a fund for Levi and Bristol's collective legal arbitration fund and to move them away from this circus down to the lower 49, i'd donate to that in a second. Let's face it, the kids are probably the better human interest story in this whole mess.

67. Anthea

Donating to her fund is equivalent to taking my money, folding it into paper planes and throwing them out of the window...it makes no sense does it?

68. Karen in Minnesota

No way, Jack. I tend to send contributions to deserving charities, and the governor of Alaska doesn't fall into that category.

69. stan march

It took me a few minutes to stop laughing! Let her sell something and pay her own legal bills. I think the negative posts run over 95%. When you get that much negative statements, there must be something wrong. But I doubt she would agree with this,

70. VickieP

If Sarah Palin hadn't been made to return that $7,000 she charged the State of Alaska to have her children travel with her on non administrative junkets, she could add that to her own defense fund.
    What a CROOK!

71. Carrie Bacon

Jack,
    I think Sarah Palin should tap into her book advance fund, sell some of her wardrobe the GOP unwillingly furnished and then go on her knees to Ted Stevens and beg for a few coins from his defense fund now that he's bought his way out of trouble. At the same time, she should be congratuated for having the gumption to get rid of her abusive ex-brother in law.
    Carrie (R) from Maine

72. Elizabeth

I live in Wasilla, AK. Will not contribute one penny to her defense fund. Will contribute generously to anyone running against her in the next election. From what I hear around town, that's the prevailing sentiment.

73. Joe Costa

Nope. Not one cent. I won't support incompetence.

74. Ray in Oregon

Yes I would. Thank you for advising about this opportunity.

75. KC

Jack:
    No, but could I donate to the prosecution and plaintiffs? Please?? Wait, really… I got the check right here.
    /kc
    Union City, NJ

76. Tim Girard in CA

I'll give the full $150.00, just as soon as she donates to my "Speeding Ticket" fund ($236.75 Minimum)
    Yo...u first

77. Matthew in Boulder, CO

Jack,

You'd have to be crazy to donate to Governor Palin's defense, unless of course you were her loved one. If Tina Fey gets into any kind of trouble though, I'd be more than happy to donate.

MJS

78. Karen in West Park, FL

Hell no. As for "political tricksters", why would anyone bother? She's nobody.

79. Janet

Oh, ABSOLUTELY! Right after I finish writing out this check for former Governor Blagojevich's defense fund. Can you hear my eyes rolling?

80. Jorge Alarcon

She should sell back all the clothes she bought with the GOP's money during the campaign...

81. Peter Bleam

No. It would be un-American. (I hear she is Pal-in around with terrorists)

82. William Bradley, Vancouver, Canada

A couple of things I noticed looking at the Alaska Fund Trust:

1. The trustee is one of Palin's high school friends, the same one she appointed, without qualification, to high ranking government posts.

2. The home page states contribution limit is $150. Then you read the FAQ, where you find out that is actually the "suggested limit". Advice is given as to how donations up to $15,000 will be treated for tax purposes.

April 27, 2009 at 6:16 pm |
  83. Terry from Austin

Yes I will. I think we need to stand up for the few people in this country that don't support killing babies and supporting same sex marriage. Jack, it seems that you and everyone else at CNN really get off on trashing Sarah right along with the rest of the Democrats in this country. That seems right because after all CNN is nothing more than the new Democratic National Headquarters.
    How much do you want to bet that this comment isn't posted !!
    Terry From Austin.

April 27, 2009 at 6:16 pm |
  84. Sue Preacher

Woodville, Fl

April 27, 2009 at 6:16 pm |
  85. Lorie P.

No Way! Not now or ever......

April 27, 2009 at 6:16 pm |
  86. Texan Democrat

All these politicians start spewing scripture when reason fails them.
    I am sorry but that this is not the time for a leap of faith.
    I can think of another saying:
    Gov. :
    as you sow, so shall you reap.

April 27, 2009 at 6:16 pm |
  87. LaToya

All I have to say is that she is on her own. My pennies are for my children's college funds.

April 27, 2009 at 6:16 pm |
  88. Marcus,Plant City, FL

Sure 50 cents so she call some one who gives a crap.....

April 27, 2009 at 6:16 pm |
  89. Gary K

No Way!

I would surely donate to any cause that would make this "has been", no make that "never been" person to go away. She is an all American Joke. Look how well she has managed her grandchild's Father.

Make it stop Jack. Make it stop.

April 27, 2009 at 6:16 pm |
  90. Pat S SINY

Why not? Hillary should be in irons and she's the U.S. Secretary of State. Millions have poured into her fundS. That "former brother in law" deserved what was coming to him. I know you hate everything Republican but this woman has more class, by far, than the race-obsessed first lady you constantly fawn over.

April 27, 2009 at 6:16 pm |
  91. CD

C D Lexington Ky

92. John from Ohio

I wouldn't give any money to her defense fund however, I would donate a very big sum if she would just shut up and promise to go away for good ! This woman is a typical repug,all mouth and no and I do mean no brains !! God, no wonder these idiots lost the election. Best thing that could have heppened for our Country !

93. Dan Jenkins

Contribute to Sarah Palin's defense fund? Only if she and Rick Perry of Texas would agree to both secede from the Union. Our country would be a lot better off with Rick and Sarah running theie own country.

94. Dan Dreves

Governor Palin is looking for a handout? You have got to be kidding me? To pay off her legal bills, can't she simply put all those borrowed clothes on ebay?

95. Edith Schmidt

No way, if Sarah was as smart as she (and others) think she is, she would know her actions were not ethical. She lacks the intelligence to hire and listen to legal advisors as evident in her use of government funds for her children's travel and the use of her office by her spouse to try to intimidate others. She is a disgrace to the state of Alaska and to the US.

96. Curtis

All ready did, not as much as I would have like too. Suppose the INCREASE in my taxes have cut back on what I have the right to spend (what I have EARNED) it on has been cut by 120.00 a month. Only making 48k a year, go figure. Wonder which welfare wonder is eating more steak on my dime? Gotta love change, all I have left in my pocket after payday. Eat on welfare blood suckers!!!!!

97. Nick Garza

No she never donated to mine! Why should I donate to someone who was in trouble for abusing their power. She also tried to scam the Alaskan taxpayers on her travel and expense reports. She's a scammer who is trying to capitalize financially on her new found fame. She should write another stupid book. Taxpayers are having to bailout enough without having to bailout stupid politicians legal fees!

98. Trenton from Illinois

Put her on a reality show with Blagojevich. Welcome to the world of corrupt politics Alaska.

99. Orla Stuart, Santa Cruz CA

NEVER! I'm contributing to Defenders of Wildlife to stop the aerial killing of wolves Palin reinstated despited the vote of the Alaskan people against it!

100. carolyn r. smith

Absolutely NOT - I have never responded to a question like this, but the name of "Palin" prompted my reply!

101. Jerome

Absolutely! I would give money to Sarah Palin's defense fund, right after I give money to GM to save the Hummer line and right after I give money to AIG to send their corporate big shots on more expensive retreats. As you know, tis the season to give.

102. Lizette

Not in this lifetime – do we know if she returned all the clothes that were bought for her during the campaign? Weren't the funds utilized from campaign contributions perhaps her party can donate

103. eddie verna

Jack, I have the highest respect for Palin but come on this is just getting old. She should be paying our bill not the other way around. Jack to be frank if someone was to give her money it maybe very well be herself at most.

104. E&M

Jack, you have GOT to be kidding! There's no way we would give a cent to that lying, cheating, manipulative, spiteful pseudo-Christian. If she had any decency, she would have refused the VP nomination. Thank G-d she never made it to the White House. Let her pay her legal bills just like the rest of us.

105. Tim in Texas

I would be more inclined to contribute to a fund to supply tubas for toddlers, cough drops for pandas, screen doors for submarines, or lipstick for pigs.
    Tim in Texas

106. Bill

I certainly will donate. Thank you for the information on this question.

107. Adam

Jack,
    she won't get one penny from me. Is she really asking Americans to donate to her legal fund during a recession? If I donate to her fund, and she wins her case, does she send all of the donors a can of soup?I like vegetable medely.

Adam-Dallas

108. Jon, Minneapolis

No, she can get herself out of this mess. I have an idea, why doesn't she go to Neiman Marcus and return some of the $150,000 worth of clothing and bail herself out.

April 27, 2009 at 6:17 pm |
  109. Buddy, Columbia, Mo..

Is it tax deductible? And she should know about partisan and personal attacks. Isn't the GOP the party of no? I can't see her donating to anyone else's defense funds.

110. Pamela - Houston, TX

Yes, Jack. I would gladly donate a few coins for Gov. Palin's one-way ticket on a ferry boat to Russia. Not that I have anything against Russia, but she is fond of the view across the waters.

April 27, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  111. Susan - TX

Jack,

Based on what the family has to say about Levi – the former future-son-in-law and the endless drama the Palin family has entertaining the country, I do believe this woman is shameless and vindictive to extreme. Why would any one help a worthless character like her?

If she is really smart, she should file a legal law suit and go after John McCain who got her out and made her the laughing stalk in the public for her stupidity...and made McCain pay for her lifestyle forever...Hey, Cindy has more money then Palin can ever imagine or ask for.

Someone should tell Palin this is nothing but another bad joke to entertain the world!

April 27, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  112. Kat, Temecula, CA

Why would anybody want to support any politician in their personal vendetta against their formal family member is beyond me. As for the other accusations, she is either innocent, as a politician should be and then can sue back to fund her attorneys or she is guilty and I am not supporting that either.

To put it simply. I will send some money when the pigs fly.

April 27, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  113. Rich, Kankakee, IL.

Would you give money to a person who is a total nut case, and who wants to turn our country into the new Nazis homeland, with torture, secret police, and security sweeps 24/7? In think not, we just went through eight years of that mess when Bush was in office never again!

April 27, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  114. Michael Kanarish

The only fund, having anything to do with Sarah Palin, to which I would contribute is this one: she gets a one-way ticket to an island somewhere far, far away, (Hawaii not included) and promises never to come back! Once she's killed all the wildlife there, we won't hear from her again.

April 27, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  115. Angie-Oh

Heck no. the only fund I would contribute to for sarah "the pitbull in lipstick" palin is to further her education in english and geography. she is dumb as a stump. PLEASE!!!! LOL.

April 27, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  116. Marguerite Hiemenz

There is no point in contributing to her defense fund. That small problem is not worth worrying about. We all know what happened and couldn't care less. Could she be gathering funds for a run for 2012?

April 27, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  117. chris stephens

although my politics differ quite a bit from gov.palin's, and my financial situation prevents me from donating at this time (age 68, seeking re-employment with a 40 yr.old master's degree, unsuccessfully), i do commend her for limiting the donation to $150, restricting corporations, state contractors and non u.s.citizens...if i did agree with her and had the funds, i would certainly contribute!

chris
    austin, texas

April 27, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  118. Eric Ostrander

I would give her a million dollars to just shut up and go away! I do have a tip for her though... Don't speak about honest politics, and then break laws that require you to seek defensive legal counsel afterwards! What a bonehead!

April 27, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  119. Mac Ambo

Jack,

In a word, NO! In a world beset with bailout money being showered upon those who least deserve it, it's time for the Sarah Palins of the world to put their hands in their pockets and do something for the little guy.

Mac in Miami

April 27, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  120. Katiec Pekin, IL

This woman who craved the spotlight, incited hate, anger, unrest and division of our country in her campaigns, now, wants the American people to help her out of the messes she has created??
    Always the victim.

April 27, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  121. Dennis, Niantic, Connecticut

Sure Jack- I'll donate to her legal defense fund just as soon as pigs wear lipstick.

122. William Bogart Indiana

Not only no, but hell no. No one is going to help me that way if I have financial difficulties. Have her borrow the many at 27% interest like the rest of us have been forced to since the Republicans have cut regulation in the financial markets to the detrement of the of the country. Or ask a rich CEO buddy for help.

123. Carla A

Jack, I would not only not help pay for her defense, I would help pay for the prosecution.

124. Ed Wise

I wouldnt pour water in her ear if her brains were are fire....hell no, I wouldnt contribute one cent

125. Ken from Yosemite National Park

No way !
    I would not. But that does not mean some pin-headed conservatives will donate.....SUCKERS !

126. Rich, Kankakee, IL.

Would you give money to a person who is a total nut case, and who wants to turn our country into the new Nazis homeland, with torture, secret police, and security sweeps 24/7? I think not, we just went through eight years of that mess when Bush was in office never again!

127. Stephanie from Montreal

Definately not! Even if I had supported her in the last election, I would not spend my money on bailing out some politician.

128. Kevin

Until the justice system can put an end to frivolous lawsuits brought against people trying to do the right thing, I would be glad to donate money to Sarah Palin's defense fund. I have read the lawsuits brought against her, and some may have validity; however, so much time is being spent sifting through the politically-motivated grievances, the issues that are valid may never be addressed.

129. TEE

All I can say is MAHAAAAAHA! It's funny that those people who are always on NO bandwagon, gather up the nerve to ask for a handout or a bailout when their butts land on skid road. Talk about a hypocrite geez whiz.

130. Patty Hughes

Sure, Jack, I'll contribute in my next life after my brain transplant.

131. Kim, Phoenix,AZ

Isn't asking others to help pay your way "socialism" , as she and her pals put it during the campaign. I'll give her one thing, she's got a pair alright. The hypocrisy of the statement " turn back the tide of partisan and personal political attacks" oozes off the page. I wouldn't stop and give her bystander CPR if she were lying on the sidewalk, and I'm a nurse.

132. fruits of their labor

Asking for a hyperlink should give you your answer.
    The lack of one tells me your position.
    I'll find it on my own, thank you.

133. Jeffery

Huh? This is a joke, right? I wouldn't lay a dime down for Sarah Palin for anything, even if she ran for dog-catcher–come to think of it, she'd probably have the dogs shot from helicopters. "Nuff said.

134. Jacqueline Keitt

I would not give $1.50 let alone $150.00. Tell Mrs. Palin to use her wordrobe money to help settle her legal fees.

135. Mary

Is there a fund to buy her some books? That would be more productive for her.
    I would contribute to her fund, just one penny only.

136. Diane Dagenais Turbide

Love it Jack! You just made my day!
    When I read :

They add that the fund will “reduce the incentive for mischief by Palin’s opponents” and turn back the tide of partisan and personal political attacks.

Then Jack, I really know they suffer from self-projection in denial!

137. Carlos

John: She was not forced to run for office, ofcourse she asked to be in the spotlight. Dont be a polititian if you cant handle the media or fame.

April 27, 2009 at 6:20 pm |
  138. Sheila Stuart, CA

Not in a billion years - not even if she lets the wolves run free! Instead, I"ll send to Defenders to stop the wolf slaughter.

April 27, 2009 at 6:20 pm |
  139. Evan

Of course not. The Republicans got this country into this bad economy and is now asking the public to help them pay off the legal bills that they rightfully "earned" in the first place.

April 27, 2009 at 6:20 pm |
  140. CeeCee

Its obvious the Woman has enough family problems.
    Really do not know where the gal is coming from, however, during her campaign, she was very unprofessional, sounding off like a whiner playing gangbusters.
    She should ask her Republican Leaders to donate to her Legal Entanglements.

April 27, 2009 at 6:20 pm |
  141. Sharon

No, I would not donate to Sarah Palin's defense fund. I had researched and seen many documents from police and court records regarding Troopergate. Sarah Palin was in every way attempting to have her brother inlaw fired. And she blatantly lied during campaign about troopergate brother inlaw accusations. I have actual proof of official documents.

Her whole past political service time in Alaska revealed similar actions to fire people. With political help she managed to get off this time. Palin family takes rejection personally. Notorious for starting vendettas against people in Alaska who oppose them.

Sarah Palin needs to pay herself. She got herself into troopergate, let her and Todd pay now. Maybe they will stop trying to ruin people

April 27, 2009 at 6:20 pm |
  142. Joe M. Rochester NY

Only people who are stuck in the past will help her.. Did not they find here guilty of abusing her office? This Palin thing is like watching the Beverly Hillbillies, Palins have had their 15 min.. lets not go backwards and hope it costs her more to get her legal fund started than the people give her. Why doesnt she accept more speaking engagements to raise money for her Stasi political family. Oh that would be the right thing to do and I forgot She is trying to run with the Big Boys. Stay home Sara take care of your children and grandson .. they really need you more than we do

April 27, 2009 at 6:21 pm |
  143. Sean

Absolutely not. If I was on the receiving end of multiple ethics complaints, then I'm sure I'd be the one who would have to find a way to foot the bill. Palin should deal with this herself the same way any of the rest of us would have to.

Perhaps, if she wants to avoid crushing legal fees, she could give actual ethical behavior a try? That may be asking too much of her...

Sean
    Playa del Rey, California

April 27, 2009 at 6:21 pm |
  144. Chany

How can I say this without sounding harsh... let's see... NOPE! I think that covers it!

April 27, 2009 at 6:21 pm |
  145. bob H

Gov. Palin has a job. I Don't. She makes a lot of money. I don't. She has a strong republican base behind her. I don't. She has a disfunctional family. I don't. She wants more money to come her way because of all her political problems. I won't. She's looking for a monitory bailout. So am I. Who do I contact?
    Poor in Maine.......

April 27, 2009 at 6:21 pm |
  146. Louis in GA

Yes, I would consider contributing to her defense fund. I voted for Obama but always thought that she and her family were unnecessarily maligned by the media.

April 27, 2009 at 6:21 pm |
  147. Danfus

not a nickel ever and give it up on the presidency, cause we will come out in droves again to make sure we never have her representing us.

April 27, 2009 at 6:21 pm |
  148. mary

Yes, I think she has been shamefully and unfairly critisize by the left. The public spectical that the media made of her and her family was uncalled for. I did not notice Joe Biden's daughter dragged thru the mud for the suspected cocane snort that turned up on tape but that of course is because she is the daughter of a democrat. The tactics of the dems and this administration are obscene and will be considered by independents come election day along with the uncontrolled budget spending, poor choice of gov appointments, sucking up to criminal dictators, releasing top secret documents, and on and on......

April 27, 2009 at 6:21 pm |
  149. Tim Reed

I would indeed be willing to contribute to Palin's defense fund if she would donate some of the $150,000 worth of clothes bought for her family by the GOP to me. After all they said that all the clothes would be donated to charity after the campaign. I'll donate to her charity if she donates to mine. I think I am Todd's size. BTW, just what is the status of all those clothes

April 27, 2009 at 6:21 pm |
  150. Butch Borger

Not no but hell no!!!

April 27, 2009 at 6:21 pm |
  151. Brian G, Sugar Land, TX

Stupid question!

April 27, 2009 at 6:22 pm |
  152. Loretta

I probably would donate something to Gov. Palin's legal defense fund because I truly feel sorry for her now. When she was in the limelight she annoyed me big time. She is a very unsettling, driven woman and her piercing voice really got to me, but now, I think she and her family have been castigated enough and she is in a very precarious financial situation and could use some help. I just hope she does not
    plan on running for President in the future but I do think that she would make a fantastic talk show host.

April 27, 2009 at 6:22 pm |
  153. Eric Trabin

Thanks, but no thanks.

April 27, 2009 at 6:22 pm |
  154. Rich, Kankakee, IL.

I still think we should drop Bush, Cheney, and the rest of those tortures over in the desert of Iraq, and add Sarah Palin to the group of nut cases too! Then they just might realize how much we really want to get rid of them!

April 27, 2009 at 6:22 pm |
  155. Alice Newman Center Harbor NH

The public has spoken! The verdict seems to be "no" except for a few unnamed Republicans ... if you do the crime – you do the time!

April 27, 2009 at 6:22 pm |
  156. Kathy Payne

Yeaaah, right. Not in this life time or any other for that matter. Will we ever finish with her?

April 27, 2009 at 6:22 pm |
  157. Gina from Illinois

I'm with the majority of those who have posted a comment....
    Not one cent!
    But if those investigating her need a little help with funds....let me know!

April 27, 2009 at 6:22 pm |
  158. Erik in Real Pennsylvania

The woman is a loon. She deserves to be prosecuted for fraud and ethics violations and incarcerated.

April 27, 2009 at 6:22 pm |
  159. McEmtol

How do citizens of a state whose governor behave unethically contribute to save such governor...Jack i'm at a loss over this....i just dont get it!

April 27, 2009 at 6:22 pm |
  160. vern livingston- anaheim,ca

are you kidding jack,i wouldn't give that dummy a cent.so she's in trouble in alaska,i hope this means the people will vote her out of office in the next govenors election which i believe is in 2010 and finish her in politics for good and her plans to run for president in 2012.i don't think she had a chance of getting the republican nomination but if she did she would go down to a landside defeat

April 27, 2009 at 6:22 pm |
  161. Esteban Celis

I was thinking about it, but I decided to give the $$ to a Sex education program to prevent teen pregnancy

162. pedro b

absolutely not...she is a joke as a politician and should concentrate on getting Alaska enough help so the state can make it through this financial crisis................

163. Judy, St. Paul, MN

No, I would not give her one dime. When I consider all the worthy causes that I could give money to, why in the world would I give money to a woman like Palin. As far as this being shameful, I would ask was it shameful when was slandering other people. She is getting what she deserves.

164. Eric

Jack, Here is what I am willing to donate to on behalf of Sarah Palin. A muzzle! didn't we get enough of this lady during election season. Sarah Palin is barely qualified to run the PTA that she was once a part of and now she runs the programing of my evening news. Enough already with the Palin stories! If she gets money in that fund that's just going to keep up the Palin charade-parade all the more. I won't be giving a dime!

165. Mark

I already have and would encourage anyone who wants change.

166. Steve

Is there an option to donate money for geography lessons or a brain transplant instead? And by the way I am a Republican.

April 27, 2009 at 6:23 pm |
  167. Lizette B. Ritz, Bronx, NY (victim of economy)

Not in this lifetime – do we know if she returned all the clothes that were bought for her during the campaign? Weren’t the funds utilized from campaign contributions perhaps her party can donate

168. Barbara

Surely you're joking-as she herself is a joke!

169. Myra

Jack –

Quick and simple answer....HELL NO!

170. Chuck

Not One Red Cent.... Let her contact the Russkie's and ask them for some Red Cents !! She's a soap opera about a trailer court, and she gives them a bad name.

171. ANGIE IN PA

Jack
    I would Much rather Donate my Money to Starving children In Africa or other poor countries

172. Mabel (Madea) Simmons

Hell to the No!

173. lukens

I would donate a Judy Blume book.

174. Mary

Sorry, Jack, Mary from Pittsburgh, PA
    And the 1 cent is for the Alaska Fund Trust.

175. Broderick columbus Ga

Jack why don't she ask the mavirk John Mccain to do a fund raiser that would help. lol

176. Rich, Kankakee, IL.

No, I would not even give a dime to her even if she promised to leave the country for life!

177. Elena

To the above comment: when you accept money for an interview that would be a great example of keeping yourself in the spotlight.

Maybe she should sell the cloths she never returned.

178. bob

Can we pay her to never have a public role again in politics?

179. Tripuntae

Not a cent. She is a farce in American polictics

180. Jim (San Jose, CA)

I would give 2 Cents. Enough said.

181. Andrew Staples

Like Palin "donated" her waredrobe after the campaign? Ha. Both her and Ted Stevens are escaping prosecution for abuses of power that they should be made to answer for.

182. Missy M

Yes. I'd love to contribute. I may not agree with Palin on all the issues, but I admire her commitment to her community, state and country – I we should all aspire to become like Palin – someone who enters the political scene out of a simple desire to get things done. Too many of us sit around on our duffs, complaining about politicians, yet never getting involved.

Missy M. Phoenix, Arizona.

183. Patricia Dowd

Who, in their right mind would consider donating a dime to anything to do with SP. There are so many worthy causes to dedicate your time and money to.

184. Rich

I say Democrats should give, give, give. Given what we know of that crew, the larger the dollar amount, the greater the temptation for them to steal it. It would be a great way to finish her off politically on the national stage.

185. Ryan

I am shocked at the hatred and attempted destruction of this woman and her family. It's ironic how CNN ran a story on bullies and the destruction they cause to those they bully. The media is bullying this family. And after weeks of hearing about our "moral compass" in America.

186. George - Chicago

I would give to any fund where she would agree to just be quiet and stay in Alaska the way that she did before John McCain went and got her.

187. Jerry

She is a typical republican, they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar and they ask for forgiveness, cry, pray alot, and check into rehab. Not a nickel from me she can scam the people of Alaska like she has done for the past couple of years. Now that her future son-in-law has skipped out the burden of supporting her daughter and grandchild falls on her, to bad she didn't consider asking her daughter to have an abortion instead of putting her through all the agony of tying to explain getting pregnant and having her boyfriend dump her. When you start telling other people how to live their lives as Palin has done life has a way of kicking the crap out of you. Palin is little more than a backwoods, small town person with on idea of what life is all about

188. J. Weidenbach

John McCain should give her the money. He's the one who exposed her.

189. ameniti

I would. But why is the liberal media so misogyn?

190. Karl from SF, CA

NO help from me. Sara Palin put herself in the spotlight and has since refused to get out of it. She should have taken a lesson from George Bush and shut up and went away. She has a very checkered past and now it’s coming back to haunt her. I see no reason for me to pay for the errors caused by her incompetence.

191. Phyllis from North Carolina

My hard earned money for the mighty mouth of the north?

No way! I am tired of getting my pockets picked in the name of compasion for people that have more than I have!

192. Charlotte

Are you kidding me? Seriously. Donate to her defense fund? She ranks right up there with Octamom pleading for donations after getting themselves into messes by their self serving actions. I donate to many worthy causes but only worthy causes so my answer to this one is no. Definitly no.

193. Ted Waco, TX

Jack,

That depends has she returned the clothes yet? Paid back the money spent flying her family around on personal trips with government transportation?

I believe I would have to just say no.

194. paul cruz

If she needs money, she should sell the vacation home that government contractors built for her with government funds!

195. Bill Romero

No way,let all those throngs of right wingers who supported her during the ,opps or have they all ship!!

196. Aaron

WIth all the comic fodder she gave Tina Fey, why not. I laughed quite a bit during those skits.

197. Tony

Oh how the mighty have fallen! I guess I was wrong to think Palin was pretty stable financially with her wardrobe during the Presidential race.

198. YK

Can I contribute to the fund that will prosecute her?

199. bob

$500,000? Outrageous! That's almost twice as much as her clothes cost! It's almost 10 times what she charged the state of Alaska to cover her family's vacation travel! Can you imagine what the bill would be if she ever got into national office?

200. Gg

I don't know her; only what I hear on the news or read in the news about her. I will not judge her I can't make myself as I'd like to be so I won't worry about the seemingly faults of others. However, I will keep her in my prayers.

April 27, 2009 at 6:25 pm |
  201. Buddy, Columbia, Mo..

She should know about partisan and personal attacks. And I thought the GOP was the party of no. By the way, is it tax deductible? No matter, no money from me.

202. Carla A, MN

Just a note to John from NY. Yes she is asking to be in the spotlight.

203. Star Auburn Ohio

I would not,could not, should not Jack I am broke.

204. Stan

Not in this life or the next. Because she deserves whatever she gets. Her ultra conservative stance is worse than George W. Bush's. Maybe if she gets convicted she will go away.

205. Patrick, Lake Stevens, Washington

Absolutely not, Jack. She, Gov. PAYLIN would probably use the money irresponsibly. Remember the fiasco that ensued after she mishandled funds for that sports complex facility in Wasilla which landed her in court. Please, giving Gov. PAYLIN money would be the equivalent to giving AIG more taxpayer money. Here’s a better question, Jack, would you consider donating to Sarah’s cause?

206. Richard - Knoxville TN

Yep - It's simply shameful - you'd think that every republican would be rushing to her side to provide support and at least a half a million in cash - OK, then how about the RNC that pushed her onto McCain and cost him the election - they should be able to pony up the money (or at least get their oil lobbiest to) - Noooo – Hummm -

207. Karen

Donate to the Sarah Palin legal defense fund??? Is there any defense for the idiocy she's perpetrated? Let's see ... first she fires former brother-in-law under suspect circumstances, then she makes a miserable and half-witted bid for VP, and to top it off she's interfering in a young man's right to be with his child. Since she can see Russia from her back yard, why doesn't she ask for a few rubles from the neighbors? I'll keep my pennies right here in Michigan thank you very much.

Karen in Waterford

208. Christine

Perhaps Ms. Palin should use some of the extra dollars she received for "eating/sleeping at her own residence", or auction off some of the clothes the RNC bought her (Come on – we know that she kept some of them!) or make a rap record of the song she wouldn't perform on SNL. Otherwise, she'll just have to pay some one to ghost write a book for her and after she splits the profits (if there are any) with the ghost writer, she can use her share to pay down her debt. Buumer, Sarah!!

209. Cole

I would give my hard earned money to her for one reason only. She knows what a good defense system would be since, after all, her state is so vital to US security.

210. Mark in Pasadena, California

No! I don't even give the begging wino in the street money why would I give her my hard earned money.

211. BKrause

Sure. It the purpose of the fund is to defend us from ever hearing about Palin or her dysfuncational life and family ever again.

212. Karin D. Roswell GA

I agree with John from Fayetteville NY. I don't like Sarah Palin and my guy made it to the White House, but this is a little mean spirited. We all have skeletons (to one degree or another) in our closets. I've heard and seen enough about Sarah Palin to know she stands NO chance of ever being elected to the highest job in this country (nor the second highest). So, let's just let her go quietly into the night and deal with her own issues.
    Liberal but balanced in Roswell, GA

213. karen from Canada

What is she thinking. No, she is an opportunitistic person, who is abusing people for financial gain. The world is in an economic crisis right now. she has the nerves to ask people to do something like that. She receives a high salary as governor, in addition she does not pay mortgage.

214. Tracey

I would donate as much for Ms. Palin's Legal Defense Fund as I did to the Clinton's. Absolutely nothing. Politicians have got to be kidding when they do this stuff. First, the firms that they retain take the case for the free advertising and exposure. Further, any attorney that takes the case and enters an appearance for the record does so at his/her own peril as there is a chance that once the initial retainer is expended, there may not be additional payments. More importantly, if she has a book deal in the works and I am sure she does, let her pay for it herself. Enough.

215. nora CC TXAS

I guess; when it come to mischief Sarah Palan would know about that. Jack, I would rather go for a drive and let the money blow out the window. Why do we still talk about Sarah Palin? Why does anyone care? I would not even send her my monopoly money. I would pay lots of money if I knew I never had to hear about her or her family again!!!

216. Adam in Wisconsin

Why doesn't she pay for her own legal expenses like every other American has to? We didn't make her mess, why should we clean it up?

April 27, 2009 at 6:27 pm |
  217. V Golant

I would consider paying $100 for her Vuitton bag , as I know that she bought one with the money she recieved for her campaign ,

April 27, 2009 at 6:27 pm |
  218. tundrabob

I already have yesterday I need to spend it before my taxes go up

April 27, 2009 at 6:27 pm |
  219. J Rudd

I didn't know about this fund. I will send my $150 in the AM. God Bless America.

April 27, 2009 at 6:27 pm |
  220. Tracey

I would donate as much for Ms. Palin’s Legal Defense Fund as I did to the Clintons' Legal Defense Fund. Absolutely nothing. Politicians have got to be kidding when they do this stuff. First, the firms that they retain take the case for the free advertising and exposure. Further, any attorney that takes the case and enters an appearance for the record does so at his/her own peril as there is a chance that once the initial retainer is expended, there may not be additional payments. More importantly, if she has a book deal in the works and I am sure she does, let her pay for it herself. Enough.

April 27, 2009 at 6:27 pm |
  221. Carole

The nerve of these people! Where does she get off even asking?
    Why do these people not have professional legal insurance??
    Other professions have this- Dr.s, Lawyers etc.
    Like most pitbulls, maybe she's uninsurable.....

April 27, 2009 at 6:32 pm |
  222. Ike from Aberdeen, Scotland

I will never ever donate a cent to her fund, she doesn't deserve it. She has proved herself grossly incompetent as a vice presidential candidate and a celebrity actress rather than a Governor. I really wonder how the Alaskan people can put up with her???? is it her glamore??? her beauty???? Wake up Alaska.!!!! She got herself into the mess, let her pay for it, simple.

April 27, 2009 at 6:32 pm |
  223. Jackson Smith

I promise to make a donation, on one condition, that Sarah Palin disappear into the non-entity that she was before McCain sprung her on us last summer. Can you promise that we will never see her or hear her again? Oh, and that goes for Levi Johnson and his crazy mother, too. Is it a deal?

224. Dianne

When pigs wearing lipstick fly!

225. Mike, Nashville

This seems almost too trivial to mention but when most of us do something stupid that gets others angry with us, we are not able to command pages of publicity and hours of TV time to plead our case for someone else to pay for our blunders. Let's be clear on this. Palin got herself into this situation with her views, her mouth, her greed, and her choice of friends. Let them pay for it.

226. Star Auburn Ohio

people in hell want ice water and you don't see me taking them any. so does that answer you question or do i have to add no.

227. Bernadette Schafer

I was very surprised that anyone would ask for such a donation. If she really needs the money that badly, she could have an auction and sell off all of those designer clothes she received when she was running for VP. With all the media attention she has been given, I am sure she could find some buyers.

April 27, 2009 at 6:33 pm |
  228. Robert (Branson, MO)

I wouldn't give Palin my loose change...She was/is a right wing religious power hungry nut and can deal with her own problems.

229. Jim Yarbrough

Perhaps she could ask President Obama for a piece of the stimulus money?

April 27, 2009 at 6:33 pm |
  230. Russell (Little Rock, AR)

One of the earlier commenters called this a "Partisan 'witch' hunt!" Now who is putting lipstick on a pig? Liberal media?!?!? – let Fox Noise and all Limbaugh dittoheads contribute to the witch's defense fund. After all, they created this Frankenstein's monster.

Maybe Ann Coulter should give the proceeds of her neo-Nazi diatribes to protecting the good governor!

231. Ryan

I can't imagine I'd ever be willing to donate anything for Sarah Palin's benefit, but I just might consider donating to her opponent. I can't see why anyone should feel obligated to donate to Palin – what is the likelihood she would ever donate anything on such a person's behalf?I wonder how open her pocketbook has been for donation-worthy causes in the past...?

Childern in Africa are starving and I'm supposed to want to donate my hard-earned money to the Sarah Palin Defense Fund? Has Palin been paying any attention to America's financial turmoils?

Anything having to do with Palin that's gotten media coverage since her bid for V.P. has been a joke to say the least. Will she ever just shut up and govern her state as she was hired to do instead of bombarding the national media? Yeesh!

232. Sidlo

It seems to me that Gov Palin should be paying her own legal bills instead of foisting them off on the public. Personally, I have nothing against her, although I readily admit that I am quite happy she is not in Washington D.C. I think she has made this bed and now must be ready to lie in it.

233. Bill Osler

I would decline to contribute to her defense fund. I would, however, give to her going away party.

234. Wendy

Can we donate to her prosecution fund?

235. Doug Huntsville, Al

Just got my $125,000 bail out from one of the big troubled auto companies, so I guess I would. At least I had a job when the Rebublicans were in charge.

236. John

I wouldn't give a dime to her defense, but I would donate money to help the prosecution. Is there an address?

237. Larry

I will contribute to her fund. She needs the help because liberals have no boundaries on how low they will wallow to cause her grief. She was an outstanding choice for VP and the Dems panicked and had to resort to the politics of personal destruction and of course lying thru their teeth to prevent a decent person from having a shot at the white house. I like Sarah Palin and what she stands for. She is not a godless socialist, baby killing, pro-homosexual, politician and many lowlife, anti-american, liberal types just hate her for that.

238. marrig, San Francisco

Not one thin dime. She should have ample funds from all of the illegal perks she has helped herself to.

239. Mark

Because of hateful people such as you find here commenting.

What a pack of followers.

240. Winnie in Wisconsin

I still cannot believe how ignorant or naive she is. Let her stew in her own juices, like the rest of ordinary people have had to when we make fools of our selves. If she actually runs for president in 2012, Heaven help us! And I have better places to spend my charitable cash, like the Alaska North Slope and other Alaskan wild places!

241. Gary

Maybe is she didn't participate in illegalities and such, she would not need such a fund.

242. Thank God

I notice that last comment is made by a Christen who most likely thinks this is just more attack on Palin for her beliefs.

I have to speak out. I’m a Christen and I don’t think Palin speaks for me. It is her brand of fear mongering, ignorance, self-righteous that is giving Christens a bad name.

Also the last comment referenced to Christ. Note in the new testament Christ only really yelled at one group. That one group was the self-righteous religious people of the day. I believe Christ would give Palin an ear full (a.k.a Polished coffin)

243. Betty Phillips

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! This lady has shown nothing but character in anything she does, starting with showing the way a mother should act, her views on "all children deserve the right to be born". It never stops amazing me how so many uncouthed women can do nothing but bad mouth a lady. Oh how easy it was for so many women to compare Palin with Hilliary, that is certainly the biggest joke ever hit the big time. I have only praise for Palin and wish her the very best, too me she is just what a lady should be.....Betty

244. sruz

not worth a single nickle

245. Jimmy R, California

Yup, I would; she got shafted by the looney left and the liberal media. Given less credibility than the man in office who had less experience, shafted and given less than you all give to Al Gore which really is a looney narcissist, which you all think highly of.

I hope Jimmy Carter II, is a four year term.

246. Deirdre Prince, West Virginia

Would she contribute to my legal defense fund? likely not! It is her ethics that got her in this mess and she needs to pay for it –It is called natural and logical consequences of her behaviors, if I bail her out then I am participating in her unethical behaviors and enabling her to stay republican, I mean sick!

From a blue state that votes red, can you say sick!
    Deirdre Prince

247. jim d

Palin's defense fund is peanuts next to other things, such as the $500 million that Alaska STILL received for the pork projects (including the "bridge to nowhere"). Where are the objections to that matter? The bridge won't be built, but Alaska is $500 million richer for it.

April 27, 2009 at 6:35 pm |
  248. Dennis

I would not have even considered donating until I read all of the vicious comments here. Now I am considering it.

April 27, 2009 at 6:35 pm |
  249. Ogofoff

I think that CNN.com as well as all of the other entertainment media companies should be picking up the entire dime. Hell all of these "Reporters" rely on this and many other trainwrecks to justify thier existance. Hell Dave, you should write a check yourself, she is allowing you to write about her instead of anything that actually matters or would be considered "News" by anyone with an IQ over 60 and a pulse.

April 27, 2009 at 6:35 pm |
  250. Tom I.

As an Obama supporter, I have to give much credit to Palin for helping get Obama into the White House. So I do owe her.

And if there is a chance of her being on the Republican ticket in 2012, then that too would be a very good thing for Obama.

So perhaps I should donate.

April 27, 2009 at 6:35 pm |
  251. Brian Wolfsohn

I'd send her 25 cents, but leave off the postage. Then she can CHOOSE to accept the letter, or abort the delivery..

April 27, 2009 at 6:35 pm |
  252. jackrover

Hell NO! Stupid got herself in this jam. Let her pay her way out. Aren't we paying enough for policiticians now with their pay and retirement funds. Tell her to holler over to Russia from her front porch, maybe they will give her some money.

April 27, 2009 at 6:35 pm |
  253. Tony

Jack – I'll get back to 'ya!

April 27, 2009 at 6:35 pm |
  254. Erin Kelley

Where can I "donate" to ensure the national media never mentions this nutjob again?

April 27, 2009 at 6:35 pm |
  255. Stephen Falk

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    Oh Geez!

Jack, you're a peach.
    Thanks for the laugh big guy!

April 27, 2009 at 6:35 pm |
  256. A Patel , Raleigh NC

Well at least she isn't stupid enough to reach out to Geitner for TARP money, thinking that TARP meant, "Troubled Alaskan Relief Program"....She however does not deserve my pocket change !!!

April 27, 2009 at 6:35 pm |
  257. OneTexan

AHAHAHAHA...poor Sarah, the pitbull with lipstick, the hockeymom-vp-wannabe, the joke that keeps on giving.

April 27, 2009 at 6:35 pm |
  258. R Zarth - Janesville WI

Would not give her a penny – not even when she's in jail.

259. Rich, Kankakee, IL.

No, that site for her defense fund is hiding that they really want $15,000 from people. Maybe she should ask her friends in Russia that she can see from her house!

April 27, 2009 at 6:36 pm |
  260. Kirk (Apple Valley, MN)

I might consider contributing to a fund to remove her from the political scene. Actually I was hoping she would run for POTUS in 2012 and take Michelle Bachmann as her running mate.

261. Andrew

Only if it comes with the chance to win a 'Date with Sarah'

Andrew
    Gainesville, FL

262. Jacqueline Keitt

Jack, I would not give $1.50 let alone $150.00. Tell Mrs. Palin to use some of her wordrobe money to help settle her legal fees.

263. rita

Yes...I would....my husband & I donated $1000's of dollors to the crooks on wall street.....poorly manged mutual funds & pension funds...run by real crooks......Sarah....was a victim of the liberal media & many others...why you were so afraid of such a really decent person?.....incredible hipocrosey on your part...is she perfect NO.....neither am I...but I would have never commited the crimes of wallstreet.... media.....& financial institutions ........you need to find something productive to do...LIKE concentrate on the real problems in America....we are on a slippery slope of a total moral decline....SAD

264. Bryan

I always thought it was interesting that the only conservative that CNN ever has stories on is Sarah Palin. And the stories are never newsworthy or positive. The effort to attack this women is really unbeleivable.

I will give money because of the irrationality of liberals and CNN. I wasn't inclined to until this Palin bashing has continued beyond the election.

Even if liberals do not like her they do not have the right to rake her personal life over the coals, find little or no facts to back up their accusations, and then keep the false stories rolling. You did a fine enough job of unfairly tearing her down to win the election... now give it a rest.

265. Richard A. Lowenstein

I read the report on Sara Palin's conduct re her ex-brother-in-law, I think she is lucky to get off with just her legal fees. She did commit ethical violations. Also it seems from my research when she got into office she vetoed a number of bills that had to be re-instated by the legislature because she did not take the trouble to determine if they were necessary or what their purpose was. When she was campaigning she attacked the money for research using fruit flies and then said she would fund research on autism. She never bothered to discover that the research on autism used fruit flies. No I would not contribute to pay for her legal fees. She has these fees because of what she did which could have been avoided had she sought and listened to good advice.

266. HM

Of course not. But I'm sure she'll get some right wing fools to fund her stupid unethical behavior.

What is this? Bailout for Palin? I thought she didn't like Bailouts? What a two faced person.. I hope Alaska sees through her and votes her out!!

GOODBYE SARAH.. please, go away.

267. Linda K.

Are you kidding? She needs to face the consequences of her actions.

Lexington, KY

268. Doug

You must be joking.

Of course, a good joke helps take one's mind off more serious matters such as the possible flu pandemic.

The Palins have enough money. They are not "common folks or average Joes".

Giving them money is analogous to donating to someone of the likes of Ted Haggard. Moreover, I suspect that she is culpable for some of the accusations made against her.

She not like one of us....

269. George in Dallas

I would first donate to the distribution of contraceptives to horny teenage Alaskan boys.

I then would donate to Alaskan organizations that benefit handicapped babies.

I then would donate to any organization that would help turn the lights on the dark ages from which we emerged on Jan. 20th!

Who is John Galt?

270. Frances Bolte

I would sooner set fire to money than give it to Palin's defense fund.

271. Sam from Anchorage

Sure, I will. But after I get to spend some time with her, to know her better.

272. Andy

Not in a million years, but I'm sure the Palin disciples will take care of her bills for her and, despite the economic times, she'll take every penny. You betcha.

273. RonH

Sure would Jack,,,

As a democrat, it is my sworn duty to make sure Palin will be ready for the 2012 election..... that way we will be sure to keep the White for 4 more years..

Obama 2012.....

274. Betty Phillips

Fantastic!!! I just found the information needed to make a good size donation!!! Here is comes Gov. Palin. Betty

275. Shelly hamilton

Would rather roll naked through broken glass than give her a nickel. I guess I shouldn't give the torture lovers any new ideas.

276. CB in Austin

Another day, another Palin story on CNN. It's absolutely amazing how the press keeps attacking her. She's more like the average American than any politician in DC.

277. Simon

Sorry, I already gave at the Blagojevich... NOT.

278. Kimberly in Hawaii

Are you kidding me? Palin has had so many ethic violations recently, she can pay for them herself from her book royalties, or take out a 2nd mortgage on her house, like any other American would have to do. She is nothing but a wolf is sheeps clothing. Anyone that would contribute to this woman's legal defense fund would constitute an enabler. If she gets money to pay for her defense she will continue to have ethic violations. She is a total train wreck, not to mention a hyprocrite, she make me sick.

279. David Borlaug

Methinks that Alaska's "Red State" status is now more related to embarassment than anything else.

280. Koca

She welcomed the ethics investigation and only hired an attorney after McCain made his mistake of picking her. Sarah, Sarah, Sarah pay your own damn bills.

281. dianna

With what is happening in this country financially, as well as worldwide, she should be ashamed of herself for asking anyone for a handout.

282. moms4freedom

You betcha!! Already did and will again! Obama has nominated nothing but a bunch of corrupt-a-crats and known tax cheats and
    the left can do nothing but promote the fact that some fringe leftist goes after Palin with ridulous lawsuits over her wearing a jacket with a logo on it. Give me a break. I guess Obama doesn't wear Nike and Michele O doesn't wear designer clothes....

The bias and ignorance of your network, all the CNN so-called journalists and your viewers is obvious from the responses here. The Tea Bag reporter from CNN put a nail in CNN's coiffin. Watch your ratings - they are slip sliding away. All of Fox already blows your network out of the water – DAILY!!

283. Laurie in Spokane, WA

Is this a trick question? Of course I wouldn't give anything to Palin's defense fund. She should of thought of possible consequences before she threw her weight around, using her office for financial gain in the first place. I would contribute however which would guarantee not open her mouth again on a political issue until 2020. Gawd, I can't BELIEVE she was actually a contender for VP of the US.

284. Greg Saint Paul

You must be kidding...only some right-wing fool that can't think would do that...I would put money towards putting her in the circus where she can display her talents as the woman without a brain!

285. Erik

Anything that gets her closer to the White House I will not be paying for...

286. Cathy Cookson

I think I have a wooden nickel around here somewhere. She's welcome to it. She's about as real.

For someone who extols her vitues as ones we should emulate, she sure spends a lot of time in trouble. Maybe because she doesn't know which way is uo.

287. Dave in Arizona

She's using her celebrity status as a means to coax people into sending her money for her personal legal defense. What more is there to say? I ensure you that if any Hollywood celebrity did this the conservatives would be all over them, attacking them from every angle.

288. Richard

I live in Alaska and she's been a disaster. I would give money for her recall.

289. Norma Malott

I'm grateful for her campaigning, as it helped to elect President Obama, but not grateful enough to contribute any money. Perhaps, if she should run again, I might think about it.

Norma, an independent from CA

290. Janie from Louisiana

No! Why does she need a legal defense fund on a continuing basis?
    Nor would I give money to a legal defense fund for President Obama or any other politician or government official. They should be acting beyond reproach and be responsible for their own behavior, just as I am held accountable for my own behavior. However, after hearing this, I may set up an "Emergency fund for vehicle/transportation and insurance". My 1999 Honda is paid for, but getting old. This would be a good fund to have 'just in case'. Any contributors?

291. Caral , Ventura , California

I have donated, and plan to do so again.

Soon, no one will want to run for office. Oh, yeah! That's what happened in 2008. No decent candidate will ever dare run again.

292. Camilo

I am donating five cents. I encourage others to engage in the same form of ridicule.

293. Celeste

What a joke! Like the majority of your viewers, the answer is NO! Her vindictiveness led her to this and now it is America's responsibility to get her out of this mess-–I don't think so! After watching Levi Johnson and his mother and sister on Larry King Live last week, I could feel their palpable fear of her and it is that decision to get back at those who don't follow her lead or who tick her off for whatever reason that led to her trying to fire a brother-in-law who had fallen out of favor with her. Let her clean up her own mess with her own money! But there will be enough of the conservatives who will see her as the helpless victim that will dig deep into their pockets to help her. For them, 2012 is just a hair's breadth away.

294. brian in dana point, ca

I might toss a couple of shoes her direction...

295. lstro

It's very difficult feeling sorry for poor Sarah. Maybe first dude should get a job or perhaps she could refinance her home via an Obama created stimulus plan; O that's right, she refused that money.

296. Philip

I would be more inclined to give money to her former brother in law who most have built up legal fee's because of what Palin and her family did to him through the Alaskan government.
    And to any other person she feels the need to attack such as her daughters former boy friend and family who you feel the need to attack with everything you have through your job.
    Only those people need help from others. The legal mess she has she has done to herself and she and her family should pay their own bills.

297. jc

Would I contribute to Sarah Palin's defense fund......Uh, let me think about it? NOPE!

298. Mitzie Williams

Unless I just fell off a hemp wagon well smoked,
    I see no sensible reason to give my hard earned $150 from my meager $24,000 a year salary to a woman who makes at least 4 times as much, in order for her to continue to harassing her sister's "EX" about a situation that is "he say, she say”. She needs to get her nose out of other people’s business and run her state like she was elected.

Furthermore, how dare she use power and platform to fund her vendetta? I have student loans for a viable degree that I can't get a job within. If you want to donate money give it to me and help me pay off my student loans or better yet give me a job in my chosen field.

April 27, 2009 at 6:40 pm |
  299. Bob DeCoste, Vancouver, B.C.

No. But I'd donate to a prosecution fund.

April 27, 2009 at 6:40 pm |
  300. Mike

I would donate if I had anything left after Obama's tax increases.

April 27, 2009 at 6:40 pm |