April 23rd, 2009

Does anybody care what Dick Cheney thinks anymore?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Dick Cheney is at it again. This time the former vice president is criticizing Pres. Barack Obama on the economy. Cheney tells the F-word network that the president's expansion of the federal government into the financial sector is likely to have "devastating" long-term effects.

He says he's "very concerned" about where the Obama administration is taking the country economically. Cheney adds that there doesn't seem to be any kind of limits on spending - this coming from a member of the administration that more than doubled the national debt in eight years and gave $700 billion to Wall Street with virtually no questions asked.

Cheney said beyond growing deficits, he questions if the White House is redefining the relationship between government and the private sector. These comments are just the latest in a string of criticism aimed at the sitting president.

Cheney has previously questioned Mr. Obama's national security policies, saying the president is increasing the risk of another terror attack. And he's also been very vocal in the debate over those Bush era interrogation memos.

Obama aides say the former vice president is out of line in his role as an elder statesman; but Cheney disputes that, saying he hasn't been personal in his criticisms and he thinks these issues are too important not to speak out.

Note to the former vice president: you and your friends had eight years to run the country... and lots of people think you botched it up pretty good. Now it's President Obama's turn.

Here’s my question to you: Does anybody care what Dick Cheney thinks anymore?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Tim from Texas writes:
I care a lot about what Dick thinks. Dick speaks his mind. Dick's morals are absolute. Ok, so his mind is warped and his morals are absolutely wrong, but I still care about what he thinks. Why? Because whenever Obama is unsure of himself, he only needs to ask "What would the former V.P. Cheney do?" Then if he does the complete opposite, we'll all be just fine. Have a nice day, Jack.

Mark from Oklahoma City writes:
Jack, Whether you want to admit it or not, Bush and Cheney kept me and my family safe from terrorists for 7 years. Now the very people who kept us safe are the subject of an Obama-instigated "witch hunt." And why? Because we they weren't very nice to some terrorists who were planning to kill us. I still want to hear the former vice president, simply because HE, unlike our new president, has no apologies to make to terrorists or dictators who harbor terrorists!

Deb frim Reno, Nevada writes:
I couldn't care less what Cheney thinks. Or says. He's done more than enough to ruin this country and he should retire to a monastery and leave the rest of us alone. For someone who was complicit in activities that Nazis were hung for, he should slink away in shame.

Jeannine writes:
Yes, yes. I do care what Dick Cheney thinks and says. That is how we make informed decisions - listen to all sides of an issue.

Kathleen from New Jersey writes:
Only the media, because you keep reporting it. He's like the nosey neighbor on Bewitched. From now on, you must call him Mrs. Kravitz or Gladys when reporting whatever paranoid delusion he comes up with.

Wendy writes:
I'm hoping either a grand jury or a special prosecutor will find what Cheney has to say very interesting.

Filed under: Dick Cheney
  1. Kevin McKenzie

Nobody should care what Dick Cheney says, especially concerning economics. Criticizing the Obama administration for it's disastrous interventions into the market after the previous administration's equally disastrous interventions into the market is disingenuous and hypocritical at best. We do need the government to cut it's spending and allow prices to fall as the market is dictating. However, Dick Cheney's criticism should be dismissed for exactly what it is, partisan nonsense.

April 23, 2009 at 4:00 pm |
  2. Daniel, Englewood FL

Jack,

I'm not sure why anybody would care what Dick Cheney has to say. He was part of what must be the worst administration ever in this countries history. The only ones that care about what he has to say are the right wing extremist.

April 23, 2009 at 4:01 pm |
  3. Jenny from Nanuet, New York

I'm sure the crazy conservative base still cares. You know-20% of Americans at the most.

April 23, 2009 at 4:01 pm |
  4. Catherine Henderson

I was so anxious for January 20 to come so that the country would finally be out of the grip of Cheney and his band of hoods. He and the Bush administration mismanaged their trust of the America people. Their incompetence is almost unbelievable. I don't think he has the right to even question Obama after the fiasco of the past 8 years. He and Bush turned this country into the most hated nation only short of Nazi Germany, almost bankrupted it and pushed our military to the breaking point. A lot of good people are dead because of Cheney, Rice and Bush. I would have hoped that Mr. Cheney would learn from the voice of the people with the last election and would have the grace to shut up, sit down and color. Enough already....we have heard far more than we should have from Cheney. I keep hoping he will ride off into the sunset never to be heard from again.....but........he is like the bad guest that will not leave.

April 23, 2009 at 4:02 pm |
  5. Pat, Pa.

Good God NO ! I never cared what he had to say when he was in office because I learned early on in the Bush administration that everything that came out of his mouth was a lie. Where was all of this concern, that he is saying he has, during their administration ? Just looking at his pictures makes me feel ill. I thought I was over that once they were out of office but he just won't go away.

April 23, 2009 at 4:02 pm |
  6. Greg Mechanicsburg, PA

As a staunch progressive, I really do care what Dick Cheney has to offer in the way of advice and criticism. Whatever he says is so, the exact opposite is true. He has been consistent in his policies and forecasts for the past eight years and it looks as though this will not change anytime in the foreseeable future. I can take that to the bank.

April 23, 2009 at 4:03 pm |
  7. Marjorie Lominy

I am sure Dick Cheney does...
    Marjorie
    NY

April 23, 2009 at 4:03 pm |
  8. Melanie in rural IA

No, we didn't care what he thought when he was President, oops, I mean Vice-President. I would like to suggest a he take an extended visit to Alaska. Just envision Cheney and Palin walking hand in hand across the bridge to nowhere, Oh one can only dream!

April 23, 2009 at 4:03 pm |
  9. Nancy Erickson

Not unless it's a prosector.

April 23, 2009 at 4:03 pm |
  10. Dave in Arizona

People fear big government because they don't trust the people that run it, to run it responsibly. But at the same time those same people seem to be perfectly content with giving large companies and banks free reign to do whatever they want, seemingly oblivious to the fact that their irresponsibility can be as detrimental to our economy than any irresponsibility on the government's behalf.

To them I can only say "wake up". When we let companies grow to the point of being the backbone of others, we're letting ourselves be put in harm's way. Obama's government is trying to protect us from that and are doing so in as transparent a way as possible – which is a lot more than we'd get from those companies.

But to the point: Did anyone ever care what Dick Cheney thought?

April 23, 2009 at 4:03 pm |
  11. Greg

Dick is absolutely right, Obama's policies are going to destroy this country. I was hoping to retire someday with a few bucks in my pocket, by the looks of things now those bucks are going to be worthless to everybody. Jack it's only a dollar if we agree it's worth a dollar, if someday China no longer thinks it's worth a dollar then God save us because we will be a third world country. Yes I'll still listen to Dick Cheney, Jack, it's you that I am going to stop listening to!

April 23, 2009 at 4:03 pm |
  12. David M.

There are two sides to every story, so whats wrong with listening to the man.He nows first hand what the U.S. faces.Right or wrong he has experience, and eight colorful years in Washington as V.P. Some of what he says could be useful to or new President and V.P. I don't believe we should judge until we have walked a mile in his shoes, and that goes for current and past people in office.By the way where is Biden???

David M.
    Texas

April 23, 2009 at 4:04 pm |
  13. Matt Lord, Cedar Springs GA

Nobody really cared whaat Chaney thought when he was in office, so if the media would quit inviting him on tv he could just go away.

April 23, 2009 at 4:04 pm |
  14. Cheryl

"Anymore"??? I never cared what he thinks.

April 23, 2009 at 4:04 pm |
  15. David Gerstenfeld

Who? Oh, you mean the guy who steered $ BILLIONS $ of no-bid contracts to Haliburton ?
    David

April 23, 2009 at 4:05 pm |
  16. Joe in VA

You are right Jack, Chaney and Bush had their chance and blew it in many aspects. However, one thing it clear, we were not attacked after 9/11. Chaney's comments now are really not pertinent as it's Obama's turn. Just as Bush and Chaney screwed up, so will Obama and Biden. However, whether or not we care what Chaney says, does not mean he's wrong or that Obama is automatically right.

Chatham, VA

April 23, 2009 at 4:06 pm |
  17. Joyce, Florida

Hey Jack, The only people who care what Dick Cheney says are
    those trying to turn attention away from the worst 8 years in recent political history. He has a lot of gall – his criticism of the current administration makes it sound like he still doesn't realize he's no longer in office.

April 23, 2009 at 4:06 pm |
  18. Doug

Cheney and Bush had eight years of doing it "their way" and look where we are! Now he has issues with the way President Obama is "correcting" their blunders. Wow!

I think the president is doing an excellent job witht the cards he has been dealt and I'm sure he understands that he will never make everyone happy with his decisions and that is what makes him the best man for the job!

Who really cares what Cheney says or thinks...other than Rush and his friends!

April 23, 2009 at 4:06 pm |
  19. Renee from Palmsprings

I could careless what he has to say, he was and is a done deal, he hid behind bush for 8 years and all of a sudden he's so vocal NOW!! What a freaken joke, he need to shut up and go hunting that he also failed in that!! please!

April 23, 2009 at 4:06 pm |
  20. Marc Lee

The man is obviously trying to deflect attention away from the irrefutable failures of his own, sic., administration. He just can't leave it alone because he is a control freak; he is driven to engage in preemptive strikes to protect his own large, yet fractured ego.

Go shoot something else Dick!

April 23, 2009 at 4:06 pm |
  21. Sherri (From Mills, Wy.)

I don't know of anybody who does, but if there is anybody, stop it. Everything Dick Cheney told us for the last 8 years was WRONG.. A couple of months and an election haven't changed that. He's still WRONG. And on so many levels!

April 23, 2009 at 4:07 pm |
  22. CJ in Atlanta

I wish Dick Cheney would shut up and retire.

April 23, 2009 at 4:08 pm |
  23. kevin in ma

Don't go all Oberman on us Jack. Vice President Cheyney still has credability and more folks respect then will respond here. You may not like him but try to be civil.

April 23, 2009 at 4:09 pm |
  24. John, Minneapolis MN

Jack-
    I guess someone cares about what he has to say, because I keep hearing him. However, once the Bush administration is under investigation for allowing torture a lot more people will be interested in what he saws and what he was thinking.

April 23, 2009 at 4:09 pm |
  25. Dimitri

The fact is that deregulation of wall street and how certain financial sectors do business led us to this recession we are in. It is absolutely nonsense to say we should continue on that path. I don't think there is anything wrong with expanding government to help those victimized by this recession and I don't see any "long term effects" such as those that Dick Cheney is suggesting. Republicans want the freedom to run things as they choose, as long as it's good for the fortunate few. No accountability or care for the country as a whole.

April 23, 2009 at 4:10 pm |
  26. Victoria from Alfred, NY

Honestly, I didn't care what he said when he was VP. Why should I care now?

April 23, 2009 at 4:10 pm |
  27. Aneil McMurray from Hawaii

Yes, I care because if you take the opposite of anything Cheney says, you've got some great advice on how to run a country.

April 23, 2009 at 4:10 pm |
  28. Annette Desrosiers

Have we EVER cared??

April 23, 2009 at 4:10 pm |
  29. Rahn Hasbargen New Brighton, MN

No more than what Dan Quayle, Walter Mondale, or any other former vice president thinks.....

April 23, 2009 at 4:10 pm |
  30. Conor in Chicago

When he discloses how much he profited from no-bid contracts going to Halliburton and why he thought the Bush administrations' bank accounts were worth borrowing billions from banks all over the world which bankrupted this country and got a lot of good people killed I'll give a damn what he thinks.

April 23, 2009 at 4:10 pm |
  31. Charlie in Bremerton Wa

Cheney only matters to those who don't matter.

April 23, 2009 at 4:10 pm |
  32. Ron

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you said what we're all thinking.

April 23, 2009 at 4:10 pm |
  33. chris vassallo

nobody cared what he had to say to begin with!!

April 23, 2009 at 4:10 pm |
  34. Belinda Stanley

The long and short answer is NO.

35. Kareem C.

Jack,
    We didn't care what Cheney thought before!! The only person who took him seriously was Bush and we see where that got us. The only reason he is speaking so openly now is that he isn't worried about having a political career anymore. I wish he would have thought of that a long time ago.

36. Fred

Cheney is all of a sudden worried about deficits. This is the same person who said "deficits don't matter".

37. Seth

Sure, defense contractors care about Cheney's opinions. They are directly relative to the bottom line of these companies.

Atlanta, GA

38. L Rae

Its ironic that Cheney defends the authorization of torture claiming they received valuable intelligence applying these techniques. Yet when asked if they knew where Osama Bin Laden was hiding, Bush stated that he had no idea where he was. From this I deduct that either the interrogators never asked the detainees about Osama Bin Laden during waterboarding, or their techniques were not truly effective.

39. Julio

Oh, I didn't even know we cared to begin with.

40. Steve from Pacifica, CA

I care what he has to say Jack. The man is an evil monster from the deepest depths of only god knows where. Just have to listen to him criticize something to know whatever he's criticizing is being done right.

41. Darius

Did anyone care what he thought when he was VP?

42. Gabriel Lujan

I do not care. Why can't he just retire in peace. He is like a cockroach that never dies.

43. Carlos

They had their chance lets move on people
    Enough of him

44. Earlene Albright

Nobody cares, but his continuing to speak out will remind everyone in 2012 why the Republicans are no longer in power.

45. Lori S.

No No and No!!! Somebody please tell Dick Cheney he is no longer "President"!!

46. Cynthia

The only one who cares what Cheney has to say is Cheney. Look at the state he and Bush left this country in!

47. ABDU

no, nobody should care jack what chenny is talking about. it's just putting him the pressure that he faces now. u know.

48. Jean

Good Grief – NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49. Paul M

Jack, you have it exactly right. Cheney and company had eight years including some years where the congress and the supreme court were Republican controlled. Cheney needs to go back to shooting lawyers in the face.

50. Dan Weisman

Funny, Cheyney was nowhere to be found publicly when he was vice-president, but now you can't get the sucker to shut up. Weak.

51. Dennis

Mr. Cheney,
    How can we miss you if you won't go away?

52. Stephen

I care only so much about what Dick Cheney thinks in that it gives me a good idea of what not to do

53. Adelle

Cheny, why are you still talking? Your time is up

54. Josie

Dick who? LOL

55. Staks

I didn't care what Cheney thought when he was Vice-President, why would I start caring now?
    -Staks
    DangerousTalk.net

56. Bonita

Not me....never did, and I never will

April 23, 2009 at 4:11 pm |
  57. Kendall (in Charlottesville)

Yes I do, I listen to him and then know to do the opposite.

58. Barb Bingham

NO one cares what Cheney thinks. Please QUIT quoting or reporting on him!!! We need new news! Thanks.

59. Karol

Did anyone EVER care what Dick Cheney thought? This man is just plain evil and he needs to go away.

Scottsdale, AZ

60. Nathan Strietelmeier

Hell No we don't care about dick cheney and george bush anymore....they caused this problem...i mean geez whiz....cheney was a silent V.P and now he wants to talk? dick and bush need to go to jail

61. Paula Whitman

You know, we did not hear this much from "the mole" (Cheney) the whole eight years he was in office! Guess he had to come up for air. Please, go back underground and leave us alone.

62. Mary

Jack,
    Since I consider myself a lady I will refrain from stating what I really think of Dick Cheney. Need I say more ?

63. CJ

Cheney was a joke as VP and he's even more of joke now! I must admit everytime he says somthing i get my gut ready to bust!!

64. Susan Madrak

At this point, Dick Cheney is fighting to stay out of a war crimes tribunal. I only hope the American people have learned their lesson and know not to believe a word the man says. God knows, I don't.

65. Marvin

Do I care what Cheney thinks? Hell No! Someone should take him hunting. He is intrinsically evil!

66. G

Frankly, my dear I don't give a damn.

67. Richard Bott

Caring what Dick thinks, should be considered evidence of a person's ignorance, and partial guilt in screwing up this country.

68. James Mott

To answer your question, no. No one cares what Dick Cheney says. Here's a better question: Who EVER cared what Dick Cheney said?

69. Eric from Illinois

Jack,

There is still one VERY good reason to listen to DIck Cheney. He was wrong about EVERYTHING. Therefore, when he's critical of the current administration, you can be fairly sure we're on the right track.

-Eric
    Illinois

70. Victor Krumm

Isn't this the same guy who was always at some "undisclosed location" and claimed that "deficits don't matter?"

At least he's only shooting off his mouth, not his shotgun anymore.

71. Rick - San Diego

Nobody cares. Chaney would be better off finding the money necessary to post bail!

Rick
    San Diego

72. Ted

You mean we should even listen to what that ChickenHarwk has to say? Anyone with 5 deferrals from military service surely needs to take a back seat.

73. Pam

Are we talking about republican banter again? Dick....Give it Up!
    You had your chance and blew it. Let Pres. Obama fix your mess!

74. David

When did Dick Cheney ever say anything worth listening to? when did he ever have anything worth while to say? What a waste of our time this is...

75. Rodney, Hauula, Hawaii

Dick Chaney didn't want to talk about anything when he was vice president citing executive privlige. He should keep that stance now and sew that gapper of a mouth shut.

76. john

The man is personally responsible for this country's poor image internationally and has questionable ethics. He is irrelevant to all but the extremests in the GOP

77. Maria Cardona

I don't think anyone ever really did. Except for maybe President Bush. And look where that got him.

78. Annette09

No one cares about anything this arrogant loser has to say.

Go back to your undisclosed location!!!

79. R Cobbey

I care because he often says something intended to get pepole riled up. He's a fear monger and it seems to be the only way he can get attention. I've never heard him say anything positive or reassuring, not even when he was in office.

80. chuck

This guy keeps showing up like a boil on your butt is there any where in the world we can put him with no access to TV or microphones want a relief it would be

81. Alex Pena

No, not at all. Plus, he should go into hiding before we find out more more about his unethical actions in Iraq and put him in jail! I say this only to for his benefit.

82. Tim Adams

Did anyone ever really care what he had to say? Maybe he'll go away if we just ignore him.

83. Tony Pfingston

Quite frankly, Cheney scares me. I feel that he would take this country into extreme right wing dictator if he thought he could get away with it. So yes, I do care what he says, so I can watch out for him and his ilk

84. Diane Ghil

As you stated, cheney botched this entire economy up and only the fox news will interview him and it is worthless to even listen. He is a non-entity at this point.
    He is a war monger who created the calapse of the economic world by removing oversights for his wealthy oilboy friends.

I detest this man even more than bush. nothing would make me happier than to see criminal charges be brought against cheney, rumsfeld, and bush.

Diane from Alabama

85. Mike Lauderdale

Even Dick Cheney doesn't care what Dick Cheney thinks anymore. How soon he forgets "deficits don't matter."

86. Jimbo

Of course not. Perhaps the real question should be why the media is even giving him a pulpit to begin with!

87. Elaine

I never have cared what Dick Cheney thought!

88. Bret L. Naccarato

I would rather listen to Paris Hilton than Dick Cheney!

89. Chet Caruthers

Jack, loved your use of 'The Fword Network' today. Difficult so many Americans can swallow what they spew!! Thanks for your honest opinions. I don't always agree but always find something to chew on.

Dick Cheney who????????????????????

90. Yvonne in Arkansas

A few die hard Republicans are probably listening to him. What I cannot figure out is this: why is he being so public with his criticisms of President Obama? Is he planning on running for President? sour grapes? casting stones to hide his own sins? pumping up the general public with outrages to get Republicans elected to Congress in 2010? a coup d'etat and/or secession of Texas where he could run for Vice-president again? He just doesn't make any sense to me. Of course, he didn't when he was in office, either.

91. KimNY

I find it amazing that we all voted in change, and then can't quite help ourselves from going back to what we know to be completely worthless.
    Why is anyone even bothering to ask his opinion anymore? The only thing we should be concerned with is moving forward and kicking the dust up in the Bush Administrations face.

Dick Cheney is a war criminal. That I believe.

92. Murtaza kermalli

I don't think anybody cares. He is only trying to tell us all he still exists

93. Chris Pritchard

Doesn't that beg the question that we cared what he said when he was in office?

94. Dorothy from MN

Would Cheney please go back to his undisclosed location? I am not interested in what he thinks.

95. White Iowan Female!

Did anyone care what Dick Cheney thought before?
    I find it funny that he can spend 8 years in Washington making mistake after mistake and not owning up to any of them. And now that this country has a President that is actually trying to improve it, all this man can do is criticize. Sorry Dick, we didn't care for you then, and we surely don't care what you have to say now. Save your breath and our time, we are busy cleaning up the mess you helped create.

96. Gordon

Care – No way – Would greatly prefer if he would simply crawl back into that "undisclosed location" of his – And permanently...

97. Semore, Intercourse, PA

Dick Cheney reminds me of the of Sarah Palin. Old news!

98. Jeff

As a lifetime Republican, I can't understand what has happened to the party. Dick Cheney and his former boss should hang their heads in shame for what they have done to this country. Or least have the decency to shut up and quit blaming those trying to clean up their mess. the Republican party needs to get moving in the right direction and quickly!

99. Geoff

The former vice-president should just learn when to keep his mouth shut. It is unsightly, indeed repulsive that a man who participated in creating the actual situation in the country and in the world should feel compelled in addition to criticize the man and the administration that has inherited his(and others) mess.

100. odumosu

Dick Chenney was part of the worst government that this country will ever have. He is lucky Obama is not as vindictive as he and his cabal are. He should go hang his head in shame.

101. Jack Pross

It's torture to have to look at his ugly face! He's a trouble maker!!

102. Wayne

I sure don't care what Dick Cheney says anymore. Thank God he's gone. It's funny that the Vice President is so vocal these days while Bush sits in silence. Kind of makes one wonder who was the de facto leader of that administration.

103. Janie Aguilar

We didn't care when he was vice-president and we don't care now. What we do care about is why he gave out 700B to his buds on Wall Street on his way out of office; why doesn't he speak about that?

104. Bob, PA

Dick Cheney needs to be told,

"Don't go away mad, just go away"!

105. Lori, Denver CO

I certainly hope that nobody cares what he has to say anymore. Isn't he the pot calling the kettle black? After what he and Bush did to this country, they should be in jail with their Wall Street cronies who took the $700 billion without any oversight. Please don't give them any more airtime than they've already had over the past 8 years. It's enough already.

106. Joe - San Leandro

Cheney is a thug and a liar. No one with the intelligence of an amoeba would care what he thinks. Why does the media continue to give any credence to the right wing nuts?

107. Raymond, New Haven, CT

Did anyone care what he thought when he was V.P.? Why would anyone care what he thinks now. The only reason the people on "F word" Network are interviewing him is because they are scared he will shoot them in their faces.

108. Bruce Greeley

Only when you're on a hunting trip with him and he says "Do you feel lucky punk?..well..do ya?

109. MQu, Louisville

I hate the man with a passion. He makes my skin crawl. He messed up national security making the US the most vulnerable its ever been, messed up all political relations with China, Russia, Latin America and the Arabs, messed up the economy, messed up science (no embryo stem cell research) and messed up the planet (by failing to believe in global warming). Oh yeah, and he shot somebody. How does he still has the audacity to go on TV and speak up? I hope he goes to jail soon. PS for the record, Bush was his puppet.

110. Martin

Chaney was useless as a vice president and is even more useless now. They had plenty of time to fix issued and just ignored them. He needs to just go away back under the rock he came from and leave the running of the county to those in power. Get a hobby or something. Like Bush, he is useless to this country and the world and needs to just keep quite now. You had your chance you failed.

111. Edith

Not really...he is just trying to cover his rear...you know what they say...divert attention away from you by attacking someone else

112. Ponyboi

I didn't care what Cheney thought for the past 8 years, why would I care now?

113. Brandon O'Neill

Cheney is living in a dreamworld. No one cares what he thinks because he does not and has never been able to understand and comprehend the struggles of ordinary Americans. He will defend the previous Administration in all things, which means he can't help but attack the current Administration on anything and everything.

114. Ricky

Absolutely not! Dick Cheney has had eight years of input. Where did it get us?
    Ricky

115. D Robert Nichols

Jack,

Aside from thr rabid right wingers and the racists, no... I don't think anyone cares to hear from Cheney or any of the other failures from the Bush crowd of cronies.

One Eyed Bob, Roseburg, Oregon

116. Pamela

The more Cheney complains the more it tells me our President is on the right track.

It's like the Seinfeld episode where George Costanza
    always failed at everything until he did the exact opposite of what he'd usually do.

So as long as Obama does the exact opposite of what Cheney barks about we know we're on the right track for sure !

117. Wayne

I think VP Cheney should just leave politics alone & concentrate on his shooting skills!

118. William Quinn

Hell no!, no one cares what Cheney thinks now, or when he was Vice President. The man is a disgrace to the United Staes of America.

119. Mercy

I think the EX VP misses the power he had to destroy lives and the world. He's also trying to cover up his crimes!

120. Kevin

We don't care what he thinks, we care what he shoots. In his last round of comments, he has been shooting the american people in the head and it's time for him to stop. If republicans are trying to make a statement, they found the worst possible person to do this.

121. cooper

He did keep our country safe for 8 years from religious fanatics

122. Tim

Dick Cheney's policies likely violated American laws and definitely violated morals that most Americans hold at the heart of our national identity. Chief among those is accountability for actions that an individual has taken. His vice presidential legacy of failure and hypocrisy is already a certainty. The best thing for him to do is just go live a quiet life in retirement so that the new administration and administrations after this one can continue to repair the damage to which he made significant contributions

123. Luis

I think the better question is: Did anybody ever care about what Dick Cheney thought?

San Angelo, TX

124. Janice in Plainview, TX

Apparently so,; you keep talking about it.

125. Sue Hicken

I could care less what Dick Cheney has to say. I quit listening to him while his crowd was in office. Why would I want to listen now. I just wish he would go away and stay away

126. M. from Fargo

Vice President Cheney said and did too much during the Bush administration...most of it hurt the image and reputation of our nation. He needs to go back to hunting and get out of the Captiol city.

127. Karen H

Yes! I think he should think about his choice of stripes versus an orange prison jumpsuit. Everyone knows orange clashes with flushed pink.

Will he ever go away?

128. Nick in Minneapolis

Does anybody care what Dick Cheney thinks anymore? Did anybody EVER care?

129. j obrien

I think Dick Cheney is the only one who cares what Dick Cheney says. He really needs to just stop. I think he's having a hard time not being in power anymore. Now he's throwing his daughter out in front of him. What a guy.

130. jay

NO, why should we he is apart of the same group of idoits who ruined the economy. Its funny he does get more face time now then when he was a vice president.

131. Mark Greene

The only time I will care when Cheney speaks, is when he answers to the American people for his crimes. I hope the current administration will do the right thing and bring him to justice, just like any other citizen who commits a crime against humanity.

132. Larry Neal

God help us if this crazy old man matters anymore, the republicans are amazing, they screw up our country to the brink of total disaster and then stand back and pick apart those who really are trying to fix their mess...shut this guy up and send to the farm where he can just sit and mumble incoherently to himself.....

133. Lenora

No one wants to hear from Cheney. He should slither back under his rock and stay there.

134. Michael, Cleveland

I barely cared what he said when he was in office. Now, I care even less!

135. Jordan from South Carolina

Jack,

No, I don't think anyone cares. As you said, they had their 8 years and screwed it up beyond belief. I think its time for him to go some place far away from Washington and keep his mouth shut.

136. Holly

Why would anyone care what Cheney had to say? The man is seriously flawed in his thinking and was part of an administration that was one of the most disastrous in American history. Leadership that comes from a constant state of fear and paranoia is never a good thing. Cheney was Bush's life insurance policy during his administration. Scary guy who just needs to fade quietly into the background. – Los Angeles, CA

137. DAME-O / TEXAS

Hey Jack! Nobody cares what Cheney thinks. He's a liar and a war monger. This man needs to go away.

138. Joshua Myers

Does anyone ever care what a hypocrite has to say? It infuriates me that he has the gall to talk about rampant spending and bad economic policies, it just goes to show what an arrogant, ignorant person he really is.

139. john christopher - saskatchewan

Now there's an assumption...that Dick Cheney actually thinks. Based on Cheney's "ideas" he obviously hasn't had an original thought in 60 years.

140. Curt

We should not have cared what he had to say before. He has said too much and has gotten us into way to much trouble. I can't wait to hear what he has to say when he has to go to trial and finally headed to prison where he belongs.

141. Linda Iacovo

Yes, I certainly do care what Dick Cheney thinks! You can say what you want, but he and George W kept us safe!!! I'm not sure Barack Obama can do the same. By the way, where is VP Biden hidding?

142. Kevin

Dick Cheney, Hmmmmm! Jack wasn't he a vice president at one time?

Kevin
    Warren, MI

143. Susan

Dick Cheney needs to shut up. He is a trouble maker and dummer than the dummiest. I don't care what Dick is saying. He is ignorant, and needs to know he is not in the whitehouse now. I am sooooo glad.

144. Bob Crawford, Kentucky

No. He shares with his former boss a common malady – diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain.

145. Jason St.Clair

No, I personally could care less what he thinks. He should take a lesson from former President Bush, and keep his mouth shut. I noticed Cheney wasn't this vocal about issues while he sat in the office. Ive heard people say that he really ran the White House and Im starting to agree. He's starting to sound like all the other Republicans who lost the election. COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN. Nobody cares Cheney, so go back to hunting or something. Jason St.Clair, Wilson, NC

146. Ian Rice

I certainly dont. Good riddance!!!!

147. Willie From Weston, Florida

Jack,

We would have to be borderline insane to even entertain the thought. Come to think of it, I didn't care about what Cheney had to say when he had the "authority!" Because of this Jack, PLEASE, do not keep opening up the garbage lid to remind us of how horrible our recent past was.

148. Anthony from Milwaukee, WI

I can only assume that Cheney is concerned about his career which is why he's trying to advance himself by standing out and being highly critical of the Obama administration whether or not it succeeds in turning this country around. It's not easy selling someone off as worse when the previous administration had several movements anticipating their last day of power with clock counters.

149. Stephenie Ambrose Tubbs

Beginning to think the fact they had to wheel Cheney out of the White House had nothing what so ever to do with a bad back!

150. Art Felluca

Yes, I do care what Cheney has to say to defend himself from your attacks. Evidently, from your ratings, no one cares what you have to say.

151. Patrick

Cheney is a disgruntled old man who need to find a new un-disclosed location to hide.We promised we won't bother him.

152. Jeanne Petti

Two words.......ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!

153. Randy k Rannow

I did not care what Cheney said before and care even less today. Why does the media choose to include his name under the cover of news. Dick Cheney is just an evil person, a bad person.

154. Abel P. Ochoa, McAllen, TX 78501

Jack, You ask, "Does anybody care what Dick Cheney thinks anymore?" Cheney, Dick Cheney. Who is he?

155. Ron Ouellette

Jack,
    I for one of probably millions don't care what he thinks. He is now
    IRRELEVANT and should enjoy his life before he goes to jail. When
    Bernie Madoff was in the news he was on the tube every single day
    and now he's in the can where he belongs and nobody cares about
    him. As I said Cheney, Mr. 5 deferments, who didn't care if he sent
    our sons and daughters to be maimed and killed in an immoral war
    now thinks he has a point??? He should go back to Wyoming and
    shoot a few lawyers before they come and get him.
    Ron – Florida

156. J. E. Harris

Anymore? that makes it sound like that there was a time when somebody cared.

157. graham, LA

I'm glad Mr. Cheney is weighing in on the economy and such. I just wish he did it between January 01 and January 09!

158. Geoff

I never cared what Dick Cheney had to say when he was the sitting Vice President, so my level of interest now is somewhere around where the tree roots are.

159. Matt in Austin

No. Vice President Cheney was a model threat to our governance when he was in office. Now he has become a model example of what public officials who have immediately exited office should not do. Cheney needs to check his motivation for speaking. It isn't really the country, it's his recent lack of power.

160. Micki Fogarty

I think Dick should just hang it up. He really should be arrested for some of his bungeling and pulling the strings on his buddys kid, George.
    No Dick is just like a yapping dog ..enough

Thanks for you show, we love it..

161. Margie Fletcher

Jack,

Cheney is the LAST person in the world I care to listen to. He is evilness personified and IF there was ANY justice, HE would be in prison.

So no Jack, I could care less WHAT that SOB "thinks" – or if he is capable of "thinking" at all.

And I have my doubts on that one. Know what I want? I want to NEVER see his face or hear his nasty voice again; for him to be exiled from ever being given ANY attention EVER AGAIN.

That is what I want Jack.

162. A. Gentle

No Jack, Not only do we not care, we are weary of all the attention being paid to him. Would somebody please tell the Emperor that the Jedi have returned!!

A. Gentle
    Al Asad, Iraq

163. chris

No!! Not At all I've been suspicious of him since he bought a hse in Mclean. He belongs in Montana doesn't he? he's up to something and I think it's Evil as he is.

164. Bill McLaughry

Let's all take a breath and remind the President of that ancient Bedouin proverb: "The village dogs may whimper and snarl, but the camel train moves on."
    Bill
    Centennial, Colorado

165. John

Nobody whom I know cares, maybe he'll be in prison soon and we won't have to listen to him.

166. art wilter

Here's what Cheney should keep repeating to himself:
    "Cheney stands amazed to see his own deformity in every other creature but himself."

167. Jesse

He spent the better part of 8 years hiding and in a "undisclosed location" so i really don't care what he says since he never really said anything when he was in power.

168. Jim Blevins

Cheney always has the wrong answer. Simply invert what Cheney says and you always have the truth.

Jim, Craig, CO

169. Felicia (Georgia)

NO! I didn't care about what he said when he was VP. I certainly don't care now. What I do care about is the air time that he consumes trying to cover his rear anatomy in regard to the torture cases. Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! Put him in Gitmo with the detainees, and let's move on with returning common sense and civility to our Government.

170. Minette Weaver

Dick Cheney should be ashamed to speak in public let alone speak out against the sitting administration's policies. He should learn a lesson from Richard Nixon – at least he had some intelligence to wait to resurface into public life for several years.

Westhampton, Massachusetts

171. Joe in MN

With all the chatter coming from former Vice President Cheney recently, It is becoming very clear who was really running the show during the Bush administration. Dr. Evil himself, Dick Cheney.

172. Russ, NJ

Why is he still talking? When you are in a hole quit digging! At least Jimmy Carter did some good after his Presidency and George Bush has kept quite. It seems he is desperate to lower his negatives by trying to bring Obama down.

173. Johnathan Alvarez

Dick Cheney needs to crawl under a rock and keep his mouth shut, him and Bush are the main cause of the Recession and out of control spending in washington with wall street, I am 21 years old and in college with years of student loans that will take forever pay off, Dick Cheney had 8 years to get things right but he screwed America all up , so it's time for Obama to clean up the huge mess he got from Bush and Cheney. Cheney needs to crawl under a rock and never show his face or even speak again.

174. martha washington

Cheney needs to go back to his "undisclosed location". Remember how quiet he was then? All the while running the country on the low radar under George's nose.

175. Tom Needles

The only people who care what Chaney thinks are those intellectually lazy types who get their "news" from right wing hate media sources.

The time has come to bind him up and cast him into hell. If you take the Book of Revelation literally , it should usher in a 1,000 years of peace.

176. TJ

Oh!! ...now you decide to come out from the rock you've been under for 8yrs. Please Cheney!!! not only does your opinions not matter, you don't matter anymore. Go back to doing what you're good at...NOTHING!!!

177. Earl Harper

There are many among us who didn't care what Cheney had to say when he was VP. Why should we care now?

178. Mike, Worcester, MA

Sure, I do, Jack. He's a good barometer: when I'm too busy to listen to the news in detail, I just take an opposite view from his.

179. Alec in New Iberia

No we really don't care what he thinks. Through incorrect choices, poor management, and bad judgement calls Cheney and Bush have brought this country to it's knees! What makes either of them think that they are right about anything at all, and who in their right mind would pay heed to anything they say?

180. Stan

No! he spent 8 years saying nothing, Now all of a sudden he speaks & about what? I think he should shut up! because loose lips sinks ships.

181. Christine from Ocean City, MD

Certainly I do not care, Jack. Thank you for this great question! The F word network??? -I LOVE IT!

182. Dana Edwards

A lot of people do – BUT those are the people we don't want around anymore!

183. Mike S.

Dick Cheney's and the Republican Party's criticisms should not be taken seriously at all right now. Since Barack Obama became the President, all of their comments have been very hyprocritical and counter-productive. I would say that they're all a bunch of sore losers and have chosen to widen the gap across the aisle rather than work with the people who have new ideas. At this point, we can't continue with failed past policies, so our only choice is to change our ways.

184. WISCONSINITE

The Republicans are sooo desperate due to being knocked out of office – they welcome ANY criticism of President Obama they can get. Of course, we do not listen to Cheney-majority cannot stand to listen to him much less look at him.

185. AJ Brown

I didn't care when he was VP and I sure as hell don't care now .

186. John - Sophomore at the University of Connecticut in Storrs, CT

I find it interesting that we have more out of Dick since Presient Obama came into office then we did during his entire tenure as VP. Not only did he/the administration he was a crucial part of execute horrible human rights violations, give contracts to his buddies and screw up our economy while in office; but he shot a guy. No one should care what this guy thinks.

187. Beto

Not just no, but HELL NO!!! He and all Bush Republicans are now irrelevant!

188. Randy Dunaieff from New York

I decided over 8 years ago never to care what Dick Cheney thinks. Nothing has changed other than receiving constant positive reinforcement of that decision.

189. Ruth

I have never cared what Dick Cheney thought, Certainly not now

190. Ira Friedman

For eight years Cheney said nothing. But, behind the scenes he singlehandedly help to destroy our constitution, our civil rights, our soldiers in a war based on lies, our reputation in the world and our economy. I don't fear Cheney when he speaks. It is when he doesn't talk I worry.

191. Dee

8 years of Cheney is more than enough. I don't really care to hear from him any more. He needs to shut his big mouth. He has done enough damage.

192. john Willie Adams

it is sad and profoundly offensive that Mr Cheney will abuse our intellect and judgement by continuing to make these abrasive but ill informed and seeming illiterate comments. It is time to stop this!

193. Emmanuel Ogamdi Boca raton fl

nobody cares i think he is just wasteing his time. he had his time in office. Now it is obama turn!!!!!

194. Jim

For a man who left office with (I believe) a 10% or so approval rating; I find it inconceivable that he would think ANYONE would care what he thinks. He should crawl back under the rock that Bush found him under and just shut up!

195. Angie N.

Jack, the question assumes anyone cared what he said previously. The only difference between now and then is that he has no formal power to wield and therefore he can't make things worse anymore. Even when he was Vice President, Cheney and company so thoroughly disregarded public opinion, congressional power and our right to participate in our government that we all learned early on not to care what he said.

196. stormerF

Sure,as long as its about something,that will clear the air on Who knew about the interrogation techniques,be they Republicans or Democrats.. Me think Pelosi protests too much,about not knowing what was going on.

197. Raoul New Orleans, La

Unfortunately for him, no one who matters. Perhaps he is trying to bring down the Republican party, for his daughter is not extended the same hand of liberty the majority of the country is with respect to marriage. His words are only doing harm to the GOP.

198. Joshua Burns - Chicago, IL

The people who care about Dick also care what Rush and Fox News think. They look upon them, clinging to every word they say. Its like me with Obama.

199. David from Morristown, NJ

No way. Lets not forget that Dick Cheney is the same guy that once said that deficits don't matter. They should put a picture of Cheney in every dictionary, right next to the word hypocrite.

200. Barbara

Dick Who? This guy was blatently absent for most of his time in office, expecially towards the end, faked a wheelchair event for the Obama prime event and of course he doesn't like what Obama is doing with the economy. His big business corrupt buddies in industry will have to answer to somebody except him. Why would anybody listen to what tricky Dicky has to say.

201. steve

Not only does no one care about what dick cheney says except for a few percent of the cheney diehards ...but richard cheney should be tried for treason against the usa and the people of the us.

Keep mouthing off dickhead cheney, your secret service protection ends in less than 90 days and then anyone in the world can snap your waterboarding ass and take you to where you will be tried, convicted and hopefully removed as the cancer of mankind.

cheyenne, wyoming

202. frank siddons

Jack:
    The question may be better stated: Does Dick Cheney think anymore?

203. JB von Grabe

I take it you are aware the our torture law makes torture a felony.
    Let me give it to you frank: who cares what a felon says.
    And if you have any doubt, I have together with European humanitarian organizations filed a demand for prosecution with the prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, together with some forty pages of evidence. The text of the complaint is available at Amazon.com, search for BEFORE THE INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT.

204. Lynne F

Not only do we not care what Dick Cheney thinks about anything, but we're wondering why the media cares enough to keep putting him on the airwaves and talking about him. I think it's been fully recognized by now that there's not a word of the truth that comes out of his mouth, and listening to him is like listening to Baghdad Bob in the run-up to the Iraqi war.

205. SDD in AZ

Why in the world would anybody care about what Dick Cheney has to say ? Especially when this man has no possible solutions and the only thing it seems he's out to do is try to make people more fearful in this recession that his administration helped create !

206. Darlene Neuman

Cheney is and has always been power hungry. It is his way or the highway. Can't anybody shut him up. He had destroyed America and continues to do so with his secret, illegal government. He should be in jail for the rest of his life. Maybe that would finally shut him up. We don't need or want polarization any more. Thumbs Down!!!!!

207. Steve from Oregon

Cheney has every right to speak his mind and as people who want to move this country forward, we should at least listen and respect his view. I am noticing that this administrations vision of unity is starting dissipate, but this can be avoided by giving everyone their due respect even if you may not agree with what they say.

I personally don't agree with a much of what Cheney says or his positions on torture, national security or our economy but he still should be thanked and respected for his opinion. It's the way to win the opposing views.

208. Jo Anne from Parma, Ohio

I wish Mr. Cheney would refrain from any comments about our president. I voted for Mr. Obama and I feel he is doing an admirable job especially with all of the troubles he inherited from the previous administration. I have every faith in Mr. Obama and wish that Mr. Cheney would now keep his opinions to himself. He had his turn.

209. matt, pa

Did anyone care what he had to say...well ever? Bottom line he never had credibility. He was always seen as that bitter old man yelling at his neighbors.

210. Ed

Nobody care about what Cheney says, but he keeps reminding us of the disastrous 8 years we have been through.

Ed
    Chicago

211. Nancy

No, we don't care what Dick Cheney thinks. You would do us a favor by refraining from treating his comments as news.

212. Thor

Jack, I belive Dick Cheney has swallowed too many "Sour Grapes", and now is simply spewing them back!

213. Amber Parker

I didn't care what Dick Chaney thought when he was in office! Look what he and Bush did our nation during their time in office. He needs to quit blaming Obama for what they did in the first place!!!

April 23, 2009 at 4:15 pm |
  214. marc from Magnolia (DE)

No one cared what Cheney had to say when he was in office, why should we care now.

215. Cass, St. Paul

Frankly I think it's a tragedy that anyone cared what Dick Cheney had to say in the first place. He and his cronies spent the past 8 years becoming disgustingly rich while flushing this country down the toilet. It's time for Old Man Cheney to go enjoy his Haliburton dividends and leave the rest of us to clean up his mess – uninterrupted.

216. Ron Nicolaysen

I find it odd that the nation is hearing more from Cheney now than when he was Vice-President!. Frankly I would prefer he disappear into the bush with his NRA buddies.

217. ryan

Sorry to use the Socratic method but when have I ever?

218. Adam

Ive never answered a blog survey in my life, but finally something I can dig my teeth into enough to respond.

Absolutely nobody should care what Dr Evil Dick Cheney has to say. Mr idiotical masogonist is struggling mightily being out of the spotlight. The sooner the press stops giving him an audience, the sooner I wont have to listen to this lunacy anymore.

I took tremendous pleasure that fate and kharma had him being wheeled out of office in a wheelchair during the innaguration.

He should have gone out in handcuffs...instead of a rolling chair.

April 23, 2009 at 4:15 pm |
  219. karl Lawrenceville Ga.

Jack, Dick who? Does that answer the question? Dick needs to go somewhere far away and relax for the remaining days he has on earth and leave politics to the smart people.

220. Pamela Smith

I never cared what he or his wife said. I find it interesting that he is chomping at the bit now that Obama is President–especially since President Bush stated that he would not make comments about Obama and his administration.

221. Gary Tomlin

Dick Cheney, like many others, should stay out of the news. This just comes as another series of attacks from Conservatives who are in denial that they lost the election, and refuse to give up on their ideology that got this nation in the state that it is. Americans do not, and should not care what this man says, or any other angry Conservative says, we should just let him age and pass, and be more concerned with optimism and the future of this great nation.

222. Devon from Colorado

It isn't really fair to say no one cares what Dick Cheney has to say anymore. Dick Cheney seems to care an awful lot about what Dick Cheney has to say.

223. Hannah Bolter

Did anyone ever care what Dick Cheney thinks??? His administration is gone, and should be lying low. They have nothing to be proud of. The Bush administration, which included Dick Cheney, got us in to this economic mess. So what gives Dick a right to comment on how President Obama is trying to fix it?! Dick, leave the president alone. He appears to know what he's doing a lot more than you did. Go back to the hunting grounds. No one wants to hear from you.

224. Sherrad Patterson

Never really cared about what he said when he was in office, why should we care about what he has to say now?

225. mike from pa

God no, I didn't care what he had to say while he was in office, why would I care now!

226. Brian Wood

I think Cheney represents the "ugly American" and he is getting "uglier". Does he believe that criticizing the President is helpful? The President articulated his vision and plans very well in his campaign and most Americans thought he was on the right track. The Republicans lost!! Cheney should ride off into the sunset and leave the management of the country to younger, bright people. The rest of the oldfarts in the party should also leave town.

227. steve in scappoose or

Jack,
    I have a hard time remembering the names of past Vice Presidents , even the ones who served under good Presidents. I sure as hell don't care what the opinion is of one who served under one of the Worst.
    Cheney didn't do much thinking in the last 8 years, why does he think he can start now?
    Time to get out the proverbial fork.

228. Emmanuel

Chaney had his chances (8yrs) and did not do anything.nothing he says has any weight.He needs to retire quietly as ne has nothing to contribute to the society.I belive he has eight years to do it but squandered the chances.

229. russ jacobs

Yes the far from balanced network does. They take his word as gospel

230. JoAnn C in San Diego CA

Jack , Let him continue to talk. The more he talks the better the Obama administration looks!

231. Dean & Becky Wilson

We don't care what Cheney currently thinks. We are horrified by what he thought in the past, and we are disappointed that he doesn't think more about retirement.
    D. & B. Wilson, Baltimore

232. Chris

I think we should care what he says. Whatever he recommends, Obama should do the complete opposite. I'm not sure that there has ever been a worse administration than the one he was part of.

April 23, 2009 at 4:16 pm |
  233. Mr. Ponder

His constant forward attacks toward the current administration is well past important. But here is what's important; 100 days is NOT enough time to make any solid conclusions. People, set back; relax; and wait. Things need time to manifest.

April 23, 2009 at 4:20 pm |
  234. Ian Rice

Jack; Will we ever find out if there was any growth or decline (lol) in Cheney's "blind trust" investment account while he was Vice President of the U.S.A. I wondered how his Haliburton Stock did during the Bush interregnum. Just asking. Ian Rice. Chicago, Ilinois.

April 23, 2009 at 4:28 pm |