November 25th, 2008

Would you rather read a book by Laura or George Bush?

Would you rather read a book by Laura or George Bush?

Would you rather read a book by Laura or George Bush?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

First Lady Laura Bush confirmed to the Associated Press today that she has met with publishers and is planning on writing a memoir.

An executive involved in the meetings with the first lady tells the AP that Mrs. Bush plans to write "a positive book with a minimum of criticism."

If it happens, she will be the next in a long line of former first ladies to become an author. Hillary Clinton, Nancy Reagan and Laura Bush's own mother-in-law, Barbara Bush, have all been published. Books by first ladies have done well and have actually had more dependable appeal than those by former presidents. Laura Bush is certainly more likable than her husband if you believe the polls.

President George W. Bush has recently expressed an interest in writing a book as well, but publishers have apparently told him to hold off. Considering the fact that seventy-six percent of those polled in a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey earlier this month disapprove of how President Bush is handling his job, that's not exactly a big surprise.

Here’s my question to you: Would you rather read a book by Laura Bush or George W. Bush?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Maureen writes:
I wouldn't read a book by either one. If it weren't for Laura Bush, George Bush wouldn't have been elected, and we wouldn't have had the past eight abysmal years. She helped to legitimize him. I can't stand her.

Kathie from Kennesaw, Georgia writes:
So my choice is between a snoozer or a loser? I will take your book, Jack. Can I get a free copy?

Pete from Florida writes:
Quit fishing for new Bush jokes and insults, Jack. Get back to real news.

Marc writes:
I'd rather read a book by Malia or Sasha Obama.

Billy from Las Vegas, Nevada writes:
If George W. Bush writes a book, he should paraphrase you and name it, "I Made It Ugly Out There."

Elizabeth writes:
Well, if Laura Bush was not bright enough not to marry George Bush, I'd be hard pressed to pay $15.99 for her book.

Dennis writes:
I'd rather read Dr. Seuss.

D. in Reno, Nevada writes:
I'll hold out till Barney writes his "tell-all" on both.

Filed under: Laura Bush • President George Bush
  1. Cori from Colorado

They are real women, with real lives, and it's nice to know a "first lady" shares so much in common with many millions of women. They have frustrations, and feelings like the rest of us, and men aren't really open to sharing such things. Besides, you know the saying "Behind every good man is a great woman."

November 25, 2008 at 1:29 pm |
  2. perry jones

we already have an opinion of there other half and there side of the story is always better and with a littel more truth

perry jones
    council bluffs iowa

November 25, 2008 at 1:32 pm |
  3. Ray in Nashville

W can write???

November 25, 2008 at 1:34 pm |
  4. Michael "C" Lorton, Virginia

Jack: I would say that if you were to run for President and get elected..........that's is a book that all Americans would be very interested in reading-your last book was "dynamite." First ladies tend to be warm-hearted; of course their are exceptions (HRC), and most of these books are probably read by the female gender.

November 25, 2008 at 1:35 pm |
  5. Mark in OKC

I think I would rather read something written by Laura. I've already read "See Spot Run."

November 25, 2008 at 1:36 pm |
  6. Richard, Syracuse, NY

George Bush, of course. But that is only if the book comes with the crayons to fill in all the nice pictures.

November 25, 2008 at 1:36 pm |
  7. Michael "C" Lorton, Virginia

Jack: Neither....but I would read another book by Jack Cafferty-anytime.

November 25, 2008 at 1:37 pm |
  8. David, Tampa, Fl

I wouldn't read a book by either of these people, especially if I were required to pay good money for it.

November 25, 2008 at 1:37 pm |
  9. Kel in Auburn, AL

Laura. She might be married to bush, but at least HER approval ratings aren't in the tank.

November 25, 2008 at 1:38 pm |
  10. dennis north carolina

Mrs Bush

November 25, 2008 at 1:38 pm |
  11. Paul from Parry Sound, Ontario

I would prefer the book by George W., if it comes with crayons.

November 25, 2008 at 1:40 pm |
  12. Praetorian, Fort Myers

Ha...ha...

That's like asking me if I fall out of a tree–"what side of my face do I want to strike the rock under it? "

November 25, 2008 at 1:40 pm |
  13. Karl from SF, CA

I'll pick Laura. Unless "W" was telling the real truth, as in non-fiction, he has spoiled the ending of that novel.

November 25, 2008 at 1:41 pm |
  14. Tim

Seeing as how she was a librarian, and a champion of literacy for everyone, I'd say she probably appreciated writing more than someone who proudly claims that he does not read the newspaper. Plus, I'd say she probably has a few interesting stories to tell from her perspective. So I'm going to go with Laura on this one, Jack.

Tim
    Massachusetts

November 25, 2008 at 1:41 pm |
  15. Scott - Kansas

I'd like to read another Curious George book...

November 25, 2008 at 1:42 pm |
  16. Sherrol in Canada

Don't really have a comment to this question, but Ray in Nashville yours is priceless!! I laughed till I cried....LOL

November 25, 2008 at 1:43 pm |
  17. Gary - Woodhaven, Michigan

I would rather read Laura's because it would be much easier to read when not written with crayola on construction paper.

November 25, 2008 at 1:43 pm |
  18. Kyle- DuPont, WA

I think a nice George Bush Coloring Book or pop-out might be worth reading.

November 25, 2008 at 1:44 pm |
  19. David of Alexandria VA

I would like to read a focused, reflective account of the Bush years by Laura Bush. How did W, as clearly a man of deep principal and deep conviction of his own righteousness, survive the withering fire of public rejection? HOw can you be so consistently rejected and still have the courage (or foolheartedness) to stay the course.

That would be an interesting read. Maybe in a few years when the dust settles (and we still have people in Iraq)

November 25, 2008 at 1:45 pm |
  20. Karen - Nashville TN

I wish I could say Laura because I admire her, but if George W Bush promises to do his own writing I want one!

November 25, 2008 at 1:46 pm |
  21. Faith from Milford, Massachusetts

I love comedys and fiction novels, so definitely a book written by George W! I can't imagine him being able to write anything serious. He hasn't taken anything serious in 8 years, why should he start now.

November 25, 2008 at 1:46 pm |
  22. Brett Milam

I'd rather read another one of yours Jack.

Cincinnati, OH

November 25, 2008 at 1:47 pm |
  23. John, Long Beach CA

I wouldn't read a book written by any Bush.

November 25, 2008 at 1:47 pm |
  24. Nora Corpus Christi Texas

GWB of course. It would be interesting to see his take on the last 8 years and how he is feeling now at the end of his journey. Plus, he is a funny guy, I think it would be very entertaining!!!

November 25, 2008 at 1:49 pm |
  25. Nick B from Watertown SD

I'd rather read W's book, because I know it would mostly be cartoons and pictures.

November 25, 2008 at 1:50 pm |
  26. Bodo, Ann Arbor

Sorry, I have never developed a taste for fairy tales.

November 25, 2008 at 1:53 pm |
  27. Bob D of Morristown, NJ

Why George, of course. Have you seen collections of his verbal word salad? I'd love to see how He spells nuclear. This would have to be the funniest book of the decade (assuming he isn't trying to be funny).

Laura's book would undoubtedly be boaring; after all, she's literate, and there are tens of thousand books by literate authors published every year. She should stick to writing books for children, I understand W really likes them.

November 25, 2008 at 1:54 pm |
  28. Paul H from Los Angeles, CA

Are you kidding me? George Bush, by far. I'll take comedy any day.

November 25, 2008 at 1:55 pm |
  29. Kathy

I can hear their stories now. Laura-You don't know him like I know him! George-It wasn't my fault I was given bad advice & didnt' listen to good advice! You couldn't pay me enough to read a book from either one of them. And I wouldn't waste a penny of my money or my time. Word of advice to publishers-Don't waste your time or money either.

Kathy,
    Fayetteville,NC

November 25, 2008 at 1:56 pm |
  30. Erin in Healdsburg CA

Neither, I don't have time to waste reading pathetic drivel.

November 25, 2008 at 1:57 pm |
  31. Ed Reed

Jack, that's a trick question. President Bush doesn't have the intellect to write a book.

Ed Reed
    Port Aransas, TX

November 25, 2008 at 1:58 pm |
  32. Chris, Thousand Oaks Ca

Laura, although I don't find her very interesting or contemporary. W would need a ghost writer. Maybe Laura could write the sequel to "My Pet Goat"!

November 25, 2008 at 1:59 pm |
  33. Sarah

I'd have to say George 'W's. I can't really understand why publishers have advised him not to write one for years... surely I'm not the only person who'd love to know what's going on in his head? I'm really fascinated about his views on the decisions he's made and the world in general. In my opinion it would be the ultimate 'tragic comedy'.

November 25, 2008 at 2:01 pm |
  34. Paulette,Dallas,PA

Laura's book. I've read some articles forcasting Laura's book. I'm sure she has a lot to get off her chest. She sat silently and supportively for the past eight years. Now's her turn. Laura,you go girl!

November 25, 2008 at 2:01 pm |
  35. Conor in Chicago

No. Never. I would never purchase and therefore add to the wealth of the most corrupt and criminal Presdient this country may have ever had. I will also not aid his family either. Perhaps the only true revenge we could ever have against this man is to have him put millionis into a book and have no one buy it.

November 25, 2008 at 2:02 pm |
  36. Anne from Vero Beach, FL

Neither. I don't want to hear or see the Bush name ever again.

November 25, 2008 at 2:02 pm |
  37. Ken in Seattle

Jack, you are taking an incredible leap of logic by even suggesting that George Bush could write a book.

November 25, 2008 at 2:02 pm |
  38. Frank from Peterborough

A book written by George Bush would be much easier to read then would a book by Laura since most of it would contain illustrations with little writing.

You know kind of like a comic book.

November 25, 2008 at 2:03 pm |
  39. Gary of El Centro, Ca

It would have to be a book by Laura. I wouldn't do well with a book by George, I was never good with crayons in school.

November 25, 2008 at 2:03 pm |
  40. richard a. winkler

Of course Laura. George is too stupid to write a book.

November 25, 2008 at 2:05 pm |
  41. Mike in St. Pete Beach, Florida

The one without the Dick Cheney/Donald Rumsfeld pop-ups.

November 25, 2008 at 2:05 pm |
  42. john,winter haven florida

I'd rarher see something from the dog.Should have a good bite to it.

November 25, 2008 at 2:05 pm |
  43. odessa

i would read a book about laura bush because i want to know how did she put up with george bush for many years..how come laura is smart and bush is somewhat challenged?..

November 25, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  44. M Dixon Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I'd read the George Bush book. I'm sure it couldn't be more than ten pages long and will probably be mostly pictures, so I should be able to finish it in one bathroom visit.

M Dixon
    Cedar Rapids Iowa

November 25, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  45. Darren

Laura Bush, she's a responsible, elegant, and thoughtful person, unlike her husband, who was appointed to office in 2001 via a Frlorida Supreme Court ruling.

November 25, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  46. Lee in TN

Already seen it live, Why read the book?

November 25, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  47. Bill Davis

That's like asking if I'd prefer a concussion or a compound fracture. There is far more relevant reading material available so I doubt I'll have to make that difficult choice.

Bill Davis
    Champaign, IL

November 25, 2008 at 2:08 pm |
  48. lynnej from lattimore, nc

Absolute not. We've watched her with he fake grin and let him scare us into whatever he wanted for eight years. We know how well that turned out. I'd rather read why paint dries or why milk is wet.

November 25, 2008 at 2:08 pm |
  49. Mike S.,New Orleans

That's the toughest question you've ever asked Jack. Now I've got to decide between reading a Jackie Collins book or "My Pet Goat."

November 25, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  50. Craig from Pa.

Neither.....don't need to know, nor want to know, see, or hear from anyone Bush ever again...... could really care less!

November 25, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  51. John, Marlborough MA

W's writings at first seem vague, but are, in fact meaningless.

Laura would be ok.

November 25, 2008 at 2:13 pm |
  52. Roger from Espanola, New Mexico

It would depend on the subject. However, my list of "to read" books written by good authors is too large to worry about this possibility!

November 25, 2008 at 2:13 pm |
  53. AndyZag Fairfax, VA

The book by George would be in comic book format; not much verbiage put loads of pictures. The few times I've heard Laura speak it seems she has the ability to string coherent thoughts together. My vote goes to Laura.

November 25, 2008 at 2:14 pm |
  54. nancy from SEmissouri

What grade level will George W write the book in? Jack, I need to know this before I can answer your question.

November 25, 2008 at 2:14 pm |
  55. ANGIE IN PA

Well I dont know Jack can Bush write or can he even read?

November 25, 2008 at 2:14 pm |
  56. Linda from Bellingham, Washington

I will not read a book from either Bush.

November 25, 2008 at 2:15 pm |
  57. Bizz, Quarryville, Pennsylvania

I prefer reading It's Getting Ugly Out There, but if I only had a choice between Laura or George Bush I would probably pick President Bush in order to try and get a understanding of his thought process when making decisions. I've been asking myself for eight years what was thinking, when he made some of the stupidest mistakes ever made by a president

November 25, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  58. Annie, Atlanta

Neither, really, but if I had to, Laura, hands down.

November 25, 2008 at 2:17 pm |
  59. Katiec Pekin, IL

Well, hmmm, neither.
    I have more interesting, exciting and challenging things to do like
    scrub my floors, do laundry and take out the garbage.

November 25, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  60. Greg in Cabot AR

The only book I would read from either one of them would be a children’s book by GWB titled “My Pet Goat takes responsibility for his mistakes”.

November 25, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  61. wally Ruehmann las vegas nv

if i got one in the mail for free , id burn it...

November 25, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  62. JD in NH

Neither. I just want them to go away.

November 25, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  63. LUCY - ILLINOIS

Bush's might be funny, but who would spell the words for him?
    I wonder what the topic would be? I guess maybe holding hands with the guy from Saudi Arabia or how to be a Cheerleader. It better not be a book on the economy though.

November 25, 2008 at 2:20 pm |
  64. Rich Mckinney, Texas

Jack I would rather have my eyes poked out with a dull stick then read a book by either of them. I have read and seen all of the Bushes I ever care to in this life time and when I die if they end up in the same place I do then I am leaving.

November 25, 2008 at 2:20 pm |
  65. Ron K

Hi Jack:

Laura!!!!

Ron San Diego

November 25, 2008 at 2:20 pm |
  66. Tina (Ft Worth)

By the time they leave office I will need something to get my fire going since I will be living in tent city from going broke because of the mess her husband has created. So in other words I won't waste my hard earned money on neither but wait till they make a movie about the infamous couple.

November 25, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  67. Jan from NW Iowa

Only if George writes it himself without a ghostwriter. That might be fun!

November 25, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  68. Brian from Fort Mill, SC

I'd love to read a book written by George Bush. I'd buy a copy just so I can read it to my daughter's class, and have them correct it for spelling and grammar!

November 25, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  69. chuck

Jack,could you tell me what language will be used for George W Bush's book?

November 25, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  70. Ethel, FL

NEITHER!

November 25, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  71. Nuria

I wouldn't be interested in any book from either of them. W, because it would be just a bunch spin from sociopath, and Laura because it would be filled with excuses for said sociopath.

November 25, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  72. Joe, Wurtsboro,New York.

Does he have a Ghost Writer, because if he write like he speaks then it will definately be a comedy. No, I would not buy it.

November 25, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  73. Joe Sepus, NY

I don't believe George could find publishing.

November 25, 2008 at 2:26 pm |
  74. Dave, Brooklyn, NY

Neither, I don’t ever want to hear the name “Bush” after the inauguration. Hurry Jan 20th.

November 25, 2008 at 2:27 pm |
  75. Jason, Koloa, HI

I'd rather hit myself in the head with hammer than read anything from either of those pathetic disgraces to democracy.

November 25, 2008 at 2:28 pm |
  76. Diane/Allentown PA

Neither, but I'd like to see a book of Bush-isms. That would be hysterical. Add some of his forgettable speeches, now there's a book!!!

Total Nucular Man!!!!

November 25, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  77. Larry from Georgetown, Texas

Jack, I'd love to read a book by W. if 1. It was honest and truthful, 2. not edited to provide humor, and 3, He paid me $47,329 to read it.

November 25, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  78. Gina in Racine, Wi

I don't think that you could "read" a book by George W. Bush......it wouldn't have any text.......would simply be pictures.....drawn with crayons.

November 25, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  79. Howard M. Bolingbrook IL

Actually, neither of the current White House Bush's interest me. If I was compelled a book by "W" would be far more interesting of the two.

November 25, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  80. ajks

I do not want to read a book by either. He is dumb and she is insipid.

November 25, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  81. Tom Tx

Laura is too nice to write a tell-all book.George would just get a Rove-type to ghost his.So-neither.

November 25, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  82. arlene in iowa

At first i was going to say laura, but, i would love to know how george thinks..or at least what plain of existance he thinks from..

November 25, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  83. E=Mc2 , West Coast

I read Dick and Jane , in first grade .

November 25, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  84. toni boutwell, myrtle beach, sc

Laura please, I don't have time to waste reading fantasy written in crayon by a deluded failed despot.

November 25, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  85. David,San Bernardino,CA.

Neither! But I would consider using their books as a doorstop,to line a birdcage or as toilet paper.

November 25, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  86. Len of Colfax, WI

I guess George’s book. It could make for interesting reading to find out how he can justify some of the decisions he has made.

Wait a minute…. Perhaps Laura’s! It couldn’t be as depressing.

November 25, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  87. Jerry,OK

Jack: After eight years of the Bush's, what could be more exciting than reading one of their books? George writing about talking to God, and bringing Osama in "dead or alive," while Laura writes books explaining why embryonic stem-cell research isn't necessary, and how George jumped over two thousand Air National Guard applicants in order to avoiding active duty in Nam. The latter might be worth reading...not really.

Jerry Tulsa/OK

November 25, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  88. Mark B. Detroit, MI.

Heck No. Not in my life time.

November 25, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  89. Engels Ferrer (Philadelphia)

Jack,
    I would would read W’s book 100% over Laura’s if the title is called “1001 Reasons Why I Failed This Country.” now that’s a book everyone would like to read

November 25, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  90. ozzi in AZ

Hmmmm......If George W wrote a book, would we have to read it upside-down?

November 25, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  91. Ann from Newton, New Jersey

George would probably write a joke book, so my money is on smart Laura.

November 25, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  92. Lee

Absolutely NOT – I want to forget George and Laura ever existed!

November 25, 2008 at 2:47 pm |
  93. Pugas-AZ

Are you talking fiction or non fiction? Non fiction: Laura. Fiction: George.

November 25, 2008 at 2:47 pm |
  94. Matthew Davis

Junior can't even talk - how's he going to able to write a book?

November 25, 2008 at 2:48 pm |
  95. Jane (Minnesota)

How come you did not give us a "None of the Above" choice????

November 25, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  96. Gina in Racine, Wi

The only book I can see "W" writing is part 2, to My Pet Goat. I think I'll pass.

November 25, 2008 at 2:52 pm |
  97. Maggie Muggins From Selwyn

If George loses his crayons on the way back to Texas then there will be little chance of him every writing a book so likely Laura's book will be the only choice.

Besides if George wanted to write a book about how he thinks it would be impossible for him to illustrate something that simply doesn't exist.

November 25, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  98. Diane Dagenais Turbide

Is it free!:)

November 25, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  99. Mary - California

Eight years under the Bush Administration is not worth reading about in a book, much less remembering. I am not so sure the "tabloids" would waste their time either!

November 25, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  100. Robert in Galveston

Have to be Laura, George would have to learn how to write.

November 25, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  101. Mike, Syracuse NY

Can I have another choice?

November 25, 2008 at 2:56 pm |
  102. Ray [Maryland]

I presume your talking about comic books. Tell me Jack you got to be kidding.

November 25, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  103. Dee in Florida

I would much rather that they BOTH fade into obscurity! Frankly, I would not read a book by either of them. They have not had anything to say that I was interested in hearing for the last 8 years, and I don't think that has changed.

November 25, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  104. Keith - Ohio

Well Jack, after listening to 'W's speeches, I find that he uses too many large words that I do not understand... (and really don't think that 'W' does either). We all know someone else is writing his speeches.

Now Laura... We know she can read & write, so her book would make much more sense.. (We know she's smart; She just happened to marry an idiot.)

November 25, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  105. Michael from Greenfield, Wi.

George, but it has to be written by him. No ghost writer's, and no proof editing. In other words, no help from Jack. It would be a riot. Now if you want to read a serious book, it would be Laura.

November 25, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  106. Mickie

I wouldn't bother to read a book by either of them because I have already lived through enough and I'm sure Laura would not be honest and George can't write complete sentences.

November 25, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  107. Diane, Barneveld, NY

None of the above? George Bush can read and write and actually compose a complete sentence? Of course, it would be fiction anyway, right? Or, cartoons?

November 25, 2008 at 3:04 pm |
  108. Jan Davis, Knoxville, TN

Neither; I wouldn't have the time or interest. I would like to read books written by President-elect Obama or books about him. The Bush's are history.

November 25, 2008 at 3:04 pm |
  109. Phil in New York

Didn't know George could write and think at the same time ! !
    Phil from Bay Shore

November 25, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  110. Billy G in Las Vegas

Jack,

if George W Bush writes a book, he sould paraphrase you and name it "I Made It Ugly Out There"

November 25, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  111. ED in RI

Jack;
    Are you kidding? I wouldn't read either author, even if I found them for free in the public library!

November 25, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  112. Aaron B.; Champaign, IL

Of course I would... but only if Mr. Bush's book was a raw audio transcript that was completely unedited.

November 25, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  113. dan in Tucson

Laura Bush would be better, I don't like picture pop up books.

November 25, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  114. Linda in Florida

The only way I would read a book by Laura is if she tells the truth about how embarrassed she is to be married to George! As far as George writing a book, I guess he would need a ghost writer, since he can't put an intelligent sentence together.

November 25, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  115. Don

I would much prefer to read a book by Laura Bush over George. If I want to read "Where's Waldo", I can always go to my granddaughters book collection.

November 25, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  116. Diane, Barneveld, NY

Jack, my mom says the title of George Bush's book would be "Who's Sorry Now?"

November 25, 2008 at 3:12 pm |
  117. Meg Ulmes

Jack–
    Actually neither is a book that I would buy. If someone gave them to me, I might read them. I really don't want any insight into one of the worst presidents that I can recall, nor do I care to know any more about an invisible First Lady. I will be glad when both of them are just a presidential memory.

Troy, Ohio

November 25, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  118. Mike - Hot Springs, Arkansas

I could not read a book by either of them. I have always refused to read books I do not care for written by people I do not like. I can guarantee that I will purchase neither of them and if someone were to give me a copy, I would throw it away. I speak as a person who has one of the largest personal libraries in my town – and that is after I have disposed of about 3/4 of my books.

November 25, 2008 at 3:15 pm |
  119. Diogenes in a greek joint in Reno

'll holdout till barney writes his "tell All" on both

November 25, 2008 at 3:15 pm |
  120. Pat in NM

I would consider reading the "President of the US for Dummies" book. We'd have a real master in W. as author of that one.

November 25, 2008 at 3:15 pm |
  121. PC from Atlanta

Neither one. I really want to get the Bush years behind me.

November 25, 2008 at 3:18 pm |
  122. Lesley, Lighthouse Point

Neither. They need to go back the Crawford and continue to do what they have been doing NOTHING!

November 25, 2008 at 3:18 pm |
  123. Chryssa

Considering they'd both be ghost-written by someone else, I don't see what difference it makes whose picture is on the cover.

Boise, ID

November 25, 2008 at 3:19 pm |
  124. Prakash Bhattt

Are you kidding jack, I would rather read "MY PET GOAT"

Prakash Bhatt
    (guttenberg)
    New Jersey

November 25, 2008 at 3:20 pm |
  125. Sandi, Chicago

George W. can't read – I doubt that he can write!
    Laura is far more intelligent and interesting. I doubt that I would buy a book written by her, though.

November 25, 2008 at 3:20 pm |
  126. barbara in Tacoma

neither, would rather spend my money on toilet paper

November 25, 2008 at 3:22 pm |
  127. Eileen Peabody MA

Most likely Laura, but I would guess it would be about home decorating or something. I don't mean to put her down....as a matter of fact I truly love Laura Bush, but she really played the dutiful wife during these last eight years and I would suspect all of her married life.

Now if George wrote a book, I don't know what topic he would choose save "Don't Become the President"!!!!

November 25, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  128. Doug - Dallas

Since I'm sure W writes the way he talks, I rather read a book written by his wife the teacher.

November 25, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  129. Kay

If W. told the truth in a book about being Cheney's "puppet" then I would buy it otherwise Laura because she has been a classy lady and has endured a lot over the last 8 years. Reno, NV

November 25, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  130. Winton from Alaska

Obviously a book by George would be more interesting if he admitted to all his mistakes and why he made them. Laura would probably be a better writer. I'd say Laura just for the sake of reading a well written book.

November 25, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  131. Dean in Atown PA

George's book would be able to read in 30 seconds if he listed all of his accomplishments.

Dean in Atown

November 25, 2008 at 3:25 pm |
  132. Bob Field Toronto

George Bush write a book?? You've gotta be kidding!!

November 25, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  133. Harold from Anchorage,AK

What? George W.can write?

November 25, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  134. carol in Oregon

It would have to be a book by Laura. I don't know enough cowboy lingo to read a George Bush book.

November 25, 2008 at 3:28 pm |
  135. Allen L. Wenger

Neither. I don't want to hear the name of Bush again. Too many bad memories.

Allen
    Mountain Home ID

November 25, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  136. Angela, Kentucky

If George Bush writes the way he talks it could become some kind of a puzzle game. I can picture groups of people sitting around trying to figure out what in the world he was trying to say.

November 25, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  137. Jerry from Jacksonville

Poor old dumb George writting a book that would only be one page long, probably wouldn't be very interesting then again one by Laura would be well written and very interesting.

November 25, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  138. Ruthie, Stone Mountain, GA

George W. Bush and write a book is an oxymoron.

November 25, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  139. Alan, Buxton Maine

If he were to actually write a book himself, which I consider impossible, I would read it just to get a laugh at the mangled English. It would of course be a work of fiction as he is incapable of uttering anything resembling the truth.

November 25, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  140. John in Ottawa, Ks

Well, we have had other "George" books, like "Curious George,"
    "George of the Jungle," so why not "George with the Big Chief
    Tablet and Crayon."?

November 25, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  141. Susan Pittsburgh, PA

I'd love to read the truth from George Bush on how he managed to completely destroy our economy in 8 years, ruin the reputation of the United States world wide, involve us in 2 wars killing our sons and daughters while spending trillions of dollars, and allowing his nasty dog to bite a reported who was just doing his job. Write that book George Bush, I'll read it.

November 25, 2008 at 3:38 pm |
  142. Ally - Dallas

I would rather read a book written by Laura Bush than a book by George Bush because I've already read all of Dr. Seuss' books when I was 8.

November 25, 2008 at 3:39 pm |
  143. don in naples, florida

Autobiographies are usually dry. George bush is a terrible speaker and is never really straight forward. He usually alludes any direct point by fluffing speeches with ideological rhetoric that all sounds good but really doesn't mean much. So, given the choice of the two, I'll read the book by laura bush.

November 25, 2008 at 3:40 pm |
  144. NANCY , Grand Ledge MI

I'd rather read a book by Jack Cafferty! Wait a minute, I've already done that!!

November 25, 2008 at 3:41 pm |
  145. Brett in Oriskany,Va

No,neither, thank you. Goodbye Bush's. Adios,Sayonara, don't let the door hit you....... gone and forgotten, a footnote in American history. The worst president,ever!

November 25, 2008 at 3:42 pm |
  146. Dave from Orlando

Assuming the book is about her days in the WH, if the book will be positive and will have a minimum of criticism, it will consist of a title page, a blank page and the words “The End” at the bottom.

I’m confused about Bush writing a book. He doesn’t read, how can he write, or will the book be upside down?

November 25, 2008 at 3:43 pm |
  147. Sam

Jack, Help me understand why anybody would want to read any book by W. Bush. Granted he wouldn't write the book himself since he can't even speak good english, the question should be what can anyone learn from him.. Arrogance? mangling of English language? incoherrent train of thoughts? or just plain lack of curiousity on virtually anything substantive.?
    I'll rather read cartoon book he couldn't read ... my pet goat!
    Laura Bush has been a very good first lady and I respect her tremendously. I'll rather read her book; time permitting,

Sam of Miami

November 25, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  148. Wendy

W, of course. The title might read something like "If I had really been elected in 2000"

It would be a short book about how he might have been a better president had he really won the election.

Wendy
    Vermont

November 25, 2008 at 3:45 pm |
  149. D. R. Texas

Neither one

November 25, 2008 at 3:45 pm |
  150. David in San Diego

What would be its title–"My 7 Years and 9 Months as President"?

November 25, 2008 at 3:46 pm |
  151. John North

Not much demand out there to read about a cowboy and a librarian. I will to hear from Barney's publicist.

John Illinois

November 25, 2008 at 3:48 pm |
  152. Dick Clark

Neither....................New Windsor, New York

November 25, 2008 at 3:49 pm |
  153. Mike

I agree with Ray in Nashville.
    I think he said it all.
    Mike CA

November 25, 2008 at 3:50 pm |
  154. Kelley-Arkansas

Come on Jack, you can't read a picture book.

November 25, 2008 at 3:50 pm |
  155. Dilibon

Diagnostic: Both need to read more not to write anything at all! A book to nowhere? No! We have enough books on sale that cannot be sold. Please prevent the world such a misguided scene!

November 25, 2008 at 3:51 pm |
  156. pete in hamilton ontario

a book by W. would be pure fiction.

November 25, 2008 at 3:53 pm |
  157. Annie Florida

Neither cant wait to be rid of them. No reminders please. Books included.

November 25, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  158. Jane

Jack:
    I would love to read any comic book authored by George W. Bush!

Philadelphia, PA

November 25, 2008 at 3:57 pm |
  159. Gip, FL

At least Laura's book wont be written behind prision bars.

November 25, 2008 at 3:58 pm |
  160. mithra5

I like pictures so W's book is my pick.

November 25, 2008 at 4:00 pm |
  161. John Illinois

Jack I'LL wait for the movies!!!!

November 25, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  162. Kathy/GA

There are only two titles that I think would be appropriate for W. White House for Dummies or How to read My Pet Goat to first graders. On the other hand for Laura a title might be " Laura's Cliff notes for being married to a idiot..

November 25, 2008 at 4:02 pm |
  163. Pat,Lexington, Ky.

Laura. I get tickled just thinking about W. writing a book – I guess he would just dictate hie memoirs and have someone else put his words into intelligible sentences.

November 25, 2008 at 4:02 pm |
  164. Barb New Port Richey Fl

A book titled "Now I Are One" by W. You know, like when I grow up I want to be president, now I are one.

November 25, 2008 at 4:07 pm |
  165. Joe, Wurtsboro,New York.

Jack, would that be comparable with See Spot Run.

November 25, 2008 at 4:07 pm |
  166. Cedric

Laura, she seems to be more interesting. I feel the W has a good heart just know leadership skills.

November 25, 2008 at 4:08 pm |
  167. Michael watching from Canada

Jack,

If a book about George Bush provides the REAL truth about his Presidency.....it would be a best seller. But then, it would probably put him and others in jail.

November 25, 2008 at 4:08 pm |
  168. Erik from Golden, CO

I really don't think we have to worry about either. I don't think either of them are book-smart. Maybe magazine-smart. Probably more like Highlights-For-Children-smart.

November 25, 2008 at 4:09 pm |
  169. Harold

Niether

November 25, 2008 at 4:09 pm |
  170. Chuck

Hands down Laura, unless I was reading a book to a 3 year old,
    then Dubya might be more appropriate.

November 25, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  171. Janice Illinois

Oh Jack, My answer is, I wouldn't read a book by either one. If you don't mind I and every other American have had enough money stolen from us by the Bush's, I sure wouldn't give them any more, besides it would'nt be anything but excuses and lies, and we all no how that story ends.

November 25, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  172. Mary From Colorado

I wouldn't waste my time or money on either one of them!

November 25, 2008 at 4:11 pm |
  173. Jeff from Minnesota

Neither. I've never been a fan of the "kiss and tell" immediately after you leave office. I think such things require time to allow the dust to settle and for history to show where the winners and errors ended up. Look at Nixon. All of the books written immediately after he left office painted him as a total bad guy. However, later in life, he was the foreign policy genius of his time and all of the bad stuff was tempered by time.

November 25, 2008 at 4:13 pm |
  174. Jessie Col, Ga

A book by George would be a fairytale only for pre schoolers. Now get serious.

November 25, 2008 at 4:14 pm |
  175. Jose Hoboken, NJ

First I don't believe those two can write anything of value. Second I was truly hoping to wake up and realize that these past 8 years have being just a bad dream.

November 25, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  176. Missy M

Jack:
    I'd read a book written by either of them but I'd more enjoy a book written by Laura Bush. As first ladies go, she has been exceptional and the media rarely gives her credit for the great things she has done.

Missy M in Phoenix, Arizona

November 25, 2008 at 4:17 pm |
  177. Mike, Nassau County NY

A book by George Bush? if the title is George Bush: Epic fail then yes i will read it for kicks.

For Laura bush, she has more commen sense and maybe a good writer so yea i'll read Laura's book rather than her husbands

November 25, 2008 at 4:17 pm |
  178. Wendy in NC

Given only those two choices, I'd rather read Dr. Seuss.

November 25, 2008 at 4:17 pm |
  179. just me

You gotta be kidding. I won't waste any time or energy even glancing at a book by either of these two and hopefull book companies will not waste trees to print a book by either of them.

November 25, 2008 at 4:18 pm |
  180. Bill

Jack I would rather read a book by Laura Bush. If I was to read a book by George I would have to buy a box of crayons first.

November 25, 2008 at 4:18 pm |
  181. chris

Laura Bush. Her husband was a terrible president, screwed up the country dearly and has a underwhelming way with words. She doesn't seem nearly as stupid and has kept out of the decisions that her husband is so hated for. She might have an interesting perspective.

November 25, 2008 at 4:19 pm |
  182. Erma in Eldon, Missouri

Oh my gosh - no brainer - Laura. Too bad she can't tell us all the really good stuff.

November 25, 2008 at 4:20 pm |
  183. C. Farrell, Houston, Tx

This country has been the story of George W. Bush's life for 8 years and we don't need to read a book about him. I like Laura Bush but I also know she will not be writing a book about why she married this idiot.

November 25, 2008 at 4:22 pm |
  184. Carl In SC

To be frank. I don't want to read either one. The Bush's has said and done enough already to last me the rest of my life. Can't wait until the next two months are up.

November 25, 2008 at 4:22 pm |
  185. Pat in Hampstead, Maryland

Jack – I didnt know GW could spell. He sure can't talk. GW should write a book about what he did his first 8 months in office. We would all like to know. I would read a book by Laura.

November 25, 2008 at 4:22 pm |
  186. Shirley -AK OHIO

Both, they are both a part of history.

November 25, 2008 at 4:23 pm |
  187. Denis Duffy

Laura Bush could write a great book about what a total idiot her husband is. From his performance as president, I'm surprised Bush can read, let alone write. How about a book about discussing who has done more to destroy America, Osama Bin Laden or Bush. Bin Laden would be more believable and probably more honest than Bush.

Denis
    Pittsburgh, Pa

November 25, 2008 at 4:24 pm |
  188. Patricia

Laura can speak English, but can W? In 8 years I haven't heard any come out of his mouth.

November 25, 2008 at 4:25 pm |
  189. Lynn, Boise, Idaho

I wouldn't read a book by either one of them even if you paid me to. After they leave office, I plan to develop an 8-year political amnesia and forget they ever existed.

November 25, 2008 at 4:25 pm |
  190. PoliticoMike

I'd like to see what's in the man's head, it would be a great case study for psychiatrists & students all over.

November 25, 2008 at 4:25 pm |
  191. Are you kidding?

I read books to learn something intelligent.

November 25, 2008 at 4:26 pm |
  192. Jorens, Riga, Latvia

do you really think that George W. Bush is actually capable of writing a book? think again.

November 25, 2008 at 4:26 pm |
  193. Donna Colorado Springs,Co

Laura Bush can read. Pres Bush....who knows? I'm not even sure he can write a legible sentence! Good riddance!

November 25, 2008 at 4:29 pm |
  194. Michael, Toronto, CANADA

As much as I am embarrassed to say, I would really like to know what goes on in the head of President Bush. He has made so many mistakes during his two terms in office, I also want to know if he regrets any of it.

November 25, 2008 at 4:29 pm |
  195. Ken in NC

Jack that was a dumb question. People like to read books by people that are intelligent and inspiring. Laura Bush is all of those. Even W. would like to read her book.

November 25, 2008 at 4:30 pm |
  196. dave walker,n. dartmouth,ma.

Neither. The Bush family has done enough damage to this country without profiting even more from it. Anyone named Bush should just fade away into oblivion and never show themselves again anywhere. THis also goes for anyone named Cheney. Let them go on a hunting trip together,in the Alaskan wilderness.

November 25, 2008 at 4:35 pm |
  197. Tom in Desoto, TX

If I were headed to the bathroom I'd take the book with pictures drawn in crayons by George, ANYTHING with substance I'd choose Laura.

November 25, 2008 at 4:35 pm |
  198. Ken in NC

Comics like Jay Leno would love to read a book by W. as it would give them a lifetime of material.

November 25, 2008 at 4:35 pm |
  199. Joe in DE

Laura.

November 25, 2008 at 4:35 pm |
  200. carl

Laura , I didn't know George could speak english, read much less, read and write.

November 25, 2008 at 4:36 pm |
  201. Michael, Pensacola, FL

A self written biography by George would be very entertaining especially finally seeing how he sees things so different from everyone else. Just as comical would be a book from someone close to him watching, but I doubt she's say anything bad about him.

November 25, 2008 at 4:37 pm |
  202. Sasha P.

I wouldn't be able to read either. The reason being...they were sitting in the White House in the belly of selfishness when Hurricane Katrina hit. And, I can't get over Old Mother Bush, Barbara, while touring a safe shelter for Katrina victims, actually said that these people were "better off/this is probably better than what they had." I can't imagine what Dubya or Laura would say regarding Hurrican Katrina, if at all–there is no way to sugar coat what happened, and I doubt if they would have the chutpa to "honestly" talk about that time. No sale–I'm saving my book dollars for Oprah's Book Club!

November 25, 2008 at 4:39 pm |
  203. Mike

neither

November 25, 2008 at 4:39 pm |
  204. Jennifer, Minnesota

I already have the title to George Bush's memior, "George of the Bungle."

November 25, 2008 at 4:41 pm |
  205. leroy from houston

Neither one Jack...I would rather read the back of my box of cereal!!!

November 25, 2008 at 4:43 pm |
  206. Linda Kay -Minnesota

They can't need the money. Just go back to Texas and let it be. You would think he would want to hide what with the mess he has put us in.

November 25, 2008 at 4:45 pm |
  207. James in NYC

Jack,
    Let's forget the Bush books and lets Just Turn the Page already!

November 25, 2008 at 4:46 pm |
  208. Teeps, Pt Huron, Michigan

It depends if you like fiction or a memoir. Laura's memoir would be interesting. As for George his memoir would probly be fiction.

November 25, 2008 at 4:46 pm |
  209. totally neutral

He is literate?

November 25, 2008 at 4:46 pm |
  210. Jim El Paso Tx.

Jack...thats a silly question. Laura's of course. Her's would have words and Dubya's just pictures 🙂

November 25, 2008 at 4:47 pm |
  211. Betty in Texas

For laughs, George; for content, Laura.

November 25, 2008 at 4:48 pm |
  212. Joe in St Louis

I'd read Laura's. Because George's probably will be nothing more than a coloring book.

November 25, 2008 at 4:51 pm |
  213. Lynn, CA

I don't respect blind loyalty so Laura is out and as for Georgie – can he write anything but his signature? Of course if he got someone to write his "true confessions" I would like for Congress and the Justice Department to give it a good once over.

November 25, 2008 at 4:52 pm |
  214. Richard, Enoch, Utah

I would not read a book from neither one, but if I was forced to, it would be from Laura.

November 25, 2008 at 4:53 pm |
  215. LYNDA in CT

This is shocking!
    Bush, as far as I can tell, does not have a grasp on the English language. So, if he's writing a book, you can be sure, someone is doing the writing, as he sits there sounding like the baffoon he is.

November 25, 2008 at 4:54 pm |
  216. Jenny from Nanuet, New York

Neither. Laura Bush's would be boring and George Bush's would be a bunch of lies. I'll pass.

November 25, 2008 at 4:56 pm |
  217. Dave in Phoenix

There shouldn't be much expense entailed to a Presidential Library with this joker. A few comic books should do it. Does W write comic books ??

November 25, 2008 at 4:57 pm |
  218. Marge in New Port Richey, Florida

Definitely Laura. Why would I be interested in anything George has to say? IF it was a legitimate memoir expressing the truth about what he's like, it would be a joke. But it would probably all be made up, where he paints a picture of himself that is nowhere near what he's really like.

November 25, 2008 at 4:58 pm |
  219. Weldon

If you want a book on fact, read Laura's book. If you want a book on fiction or untruths, read George W. Bush.

I prefer factual reading.

November 25, 2008 at 4:59 pm |
  220. Richard

Neither, fiction isnt a big favorite of mine.

November 25, 2008 at 5:01 pm |
  221. T E - from OIK

Netiher one.

November 25, 2008 at 5:02 pm |
  222. Linda in Bisbee, AZ

God, what a choice. I think I'd rather have a tooth pulled.

November 25, 2008 at 5:04 pm |
  223. Larry in Houston, Texas

NEITHER !!!

November 25, 2008 at 5:05 pm |
  224. Jasmine in Germany

Neither, Jack. You know the old saying "behind every successful man is a woman". It seems Mrs. Bush has failed. And everyone knows that Mr. Bush can't speak or write English properly.

November 25, 2008 at 5:05 pm |
  225. Jeff from Alabama

I think it would be interesting to see what W had to say about his two terms. We may find that with more time to write instead of speak, he may have some interesting views. I've never been able to understand him speaking and I'm from Alabama. I would like an explanation of how he let things get to the point that they are now. Maybe a chapter on "Things I should've done differently."

November 25, 2008 at 5:07 pm |
  226. seth in Los Angeles

Presidents don't write books, but ex-Presidents do. For that reason alone I can't wait to read a book written by W.

November 25, 2008 at 5:07 pm |
  227. Rob

Probably Laura, I would have to spend money on W"s book. That would just keep reminding me of all the political capital he was going to spend when he was elected for his second term. You can see what that got us. What money I have left needs to stay with me for as long as possible. I do not think I need to give it to him.

November 25, 2008 at 5:07 pm |
  228. Neatha from Kansas City

I actually read many of the president's book however in this case I would not be interested in either. Laura could not be more boring and irrelevant as first lady, and unless W could some how find a way to tell us what he has really been doing for the last eight years, I would rather not relive the nightmare.

November 25, 2008 at 5:09 pm |
  229. Roxanne W. Sioux Falls, SD

Laura for sure. And wouldn't it be great if for once we would get a book that told the REAL story behind the politics. That won't happen here any more than it has in the past, but people would probably be more likely to believe a book authored by Laura than George.

November 25, 2008 at 5:10 pm |
  230. Mary from Houston, tx

Haven't we had enough of the bushes, not interested in a book by either!
    counting the days till bush/cheney are gone, the worst administration in our country's history.

November 25, 2008 at 5:12 pm |
  231. fred N.C.

I'm pretty sure Laura can read and write. George jr???? not so sure............

November 25, 2008 at 5:14 pm |
  232. Anne

Well that depends Jack...if I need a good laugh I would want to read a book by George...if I want a good sob story I would like to read one written by Laura.

November 25, 2008 at 5:14 pm |
  233. susan from Idaho

Are you kidding? What would either one of them have to say that would be of interest?
    I like Laura but her memoirs would be as dry as last years birds nest.

November 25, 2008 at 5:14 pm |
  234. Francine Jewett Winamac, IN

George. It would be shorter. Expressing the depth of knowledge he shares with the ever brilliant Sarah Palin

November 25, 2008 at 5:14 pm |
  235. Honest John in Vermont

I'd rather read George's Great Moments As President. It would be very short.

November 25, 2008 at 5:16 pm |
  236. Buddy from Gillette, Wyoming

Gee Thanks, Jack. Couldn't you give me more options like from maybe JOE, THE PLUMBER. I think that might be more intellectual reading than the choices you give us.

November 25, 2008 at 5:17 pm |
  237. Precious Coker

Is like asking if I would rather read a book written by Hillary or one written by Sarah Palin?

November 25, 2008 at 5:18 pm |
  238. Lloyd from NYC

George Bush – at one caption per page it figures to be a quicker read.

November 25, 2008 at 5:18 pm |
  239. Aliou FL

None of them.... Unless I need a sleeping pill. They would put me to sleep.

November 25, 2008 at 5:20 pm |
  240. Bruce St Paul MN

I would like to see George write a book about the misunderestimation of his historical strategery. If he rambled on long enough, he might accidentally tell the truth about something. " I kept FEMA out of N'Orleans for a coupl'a days just to make that Dem Governor look bad. Heh heh. Karl's idea. Just sayin"" or "I know that whole iraq thing didn't make any sense, but hey, we made a bundle, I mean someone made a bundle. Dick's idea."

November 25, 2008 at 5:21 pm |
  241. John Treworgy

I assume there would be an opportunity to color the pictures.

November 25, 2008 at 5:21 pm |
  242. Jeff in Massachusetts

If George Bush were to have a book come out, it would have to have been written by Dick Cheney. George can't even read a teleprompter, what makes you think he can write? Everyone knows Laura is the (only) brains in the family. She gets my vote.
    Jeff,
    Massachusetts

November 25, 2008 at 5:21 pm |
  243. Bob

The answer to this one is easy. It has to be Laura. She knows how to write.

Bob

Louisville, Ky

November 25, 2008 at 5:22 pm |
  244. Anke

Why should it be worth my time to read either...?

November 25, 2008 at 5:22 pm |
  245. Sid---Texas

Well, let's see Jack,

"Married to President Moron" by Laura Bush or "My life as President Moron" by George W. Bush.... Tough choice, but I think the book by Laura would have more understandable and complete sentences in it. Also fewer blank pages. I'll go with Laura's book...

November 25, 2008 at 5:22 pm |
  246. Cynthia

Laura's because of the stories she could tell about George Bush.

November 25, 2008 at 5:24 pm |
  247. Bill- Tallahassee FL

Cheney has been Bush's "ghostwriter" for eight years now. Without his help, what could Dubya write that we would want to read? His wife could be more interesting....at least she can speak proper English.

November 25, 2008 at 5:26 pm |
  248. Bob...Bradenton FL

With George Bush's ongoing, arrogant incompetence........Can't you just imagine the literary world breathlessly awaiting a masterpeice in his own words?.........We'll put it in the Bush library,.......or maybe we'd better call it the Bush... 'bookshelf."

Bob
    Bradenton, FL

November 25, 2008 at 5:27 pm |
  249. Clint, Seattle Wa.

Does George know how to write?

November 25, 2008 at 5:30 pm |
  250. ron from Minnesota

who in their right mind would buy a book written by George W. Bush? i wouldn't read any politican book unless i'm really desperate to read something.

November 25, 2008 at 5:30 pm |
  251. David Pickett Janesville WI

George W. but I am not sure that he would write a tell-all kind of book. I believe that W. is an interesting character with more to his personality than most people think. Love him or hate him, we will never forget him.The W. administration has left scars upon the American people that need time to heal. I for one am anticipating a great book from W. but I am just not ready to read about him yet.

November 25, 2008 at 5:32 pm |
  252. j

Neither deserves the cutting down of trees.

-jeannie, pasadena, CA

November 25, 2008 at 5:33 pm |
  253. Kim, Dodge City, Kansas

If it ends up being truly a "positive book with a minimum of criticisim", then it will surely be found in the fiction isle of any book store. We are all living out the "truths" of the Bush Presidency, and we will be suffering and paying for it for decades. A Bush book would be about as valuable as a Cheney book on huntinig.

November 25, 2008 at 5:34 pm |
  254. vern-t anaheim,ca

laura bush of course,she has alot of intelligence something george w. bush doesn't have

November 25, 2008 at 5:35 pm |
  255. David P. Vernon

Tucson, AZ – given the limited time I have for diversionary reading, I do not think I would read a book by either of them. Laura is a librarian, and a nice person, but clearly neither deep nor exciting. Her First Lady memoir will have little value for me. W is clearly too dumb to write his own book – he would have to tell it to a real writer who would make some sense out of it before actually putting it into print. The up side is that we might find out how W managed to make so many bad decisions. I suppose I would read such a book if I had nothing better to do and was desperate for something, anything, to read.

November 25, 2008 at 5:35 pm |
  256. Barbara Middletown,NY

Laura of course. She speaks in comprehensive sentences.

November 25, 2008 at 5:36 pm |
  257. Ed from Durango, Colorado

Neither, I just want this whole bush debacle to end and then try to forget about it.

November 25, 2008 at 5:36 pm |
  258. Olivia Loving

Laura Bush, definitely. She has the perspective that someone who was an actual president doesn't; I'm sure that her book would be less heavy on politics than her husband's.

November 25, 2008 at 5:37 pm |
  259. Ed'sKate

Laura any day. Who in the world would want to read anythng he would write? He can't even speak English correctly, how in the world could he write it!!!

November 25, 2008 at 5:39 pm |
  260. Ginger H -- West Melbourne, FL

George can create his own dictionary...I have to admit that would be interesting and I would probably peek at it and act like I didn't. Laura's actually quite funny, so if she wrote something cute, I'd probably buy it.

November 25, 2008 at 5:39 pm |
  261. Trevor Frampton - NorCal

Considering that "My Pet Goat: The Sequel" is probably all that W can muster (and that's being generous I think), I would rather read what Laura has to say.

November 25, 2008 at 5:42 pm |
  262. Bonita

I have a feeling that BOTH of them would write FICTION book, and I usually don't read fiction. I can't imagine either one of them being honest in their writings. So "thank, but no thanks" on this one.

November 25, 2008 at 5:43 pm |
  263. Jenna Wade

Would you rather read a book by Laura Bush or George W. Bush?

I would like to read a tell all book by Laura Bush.

As for GW, I'm not sure he's bright enough to write one let alone read one..

Jenna
    Roseville CA

November 25, 2008 at 5:43 pm |
  264. LENNY

George Bush can't even READ a book, let alone write one...

November 25, 2008 at 5:46 pm |
  265. Peter

i will read that of W only if it is titled: Dumb and Dumber, the Presidential edition.

Peter

Dallas, TX

November 25, 2008 at 5:47 pm |
  266. Roy - IL

Wouldn't George's book be ghost-written by Laura anyway?? Words longer than 5 letters will prove this.

November 25, 2008 at 5:48 pm |
  267. Nitarshan from Canada

Though George Bush may not have been the best president, he certainly is a good one, and the most interesting one to date. If Mrs.Bush was to make a book, it would certainly be interesting, however, Mr.Bush's book would certainly be more so, providing insight into the life and thoughts of the man who changed our world.

Nitarshan, Toronto, Canada

November 25, 2008 at 5:54 pm |
  268. Asia Rockstar

What's the difference?

November 25, 2008 at 5:55 pm |
  269. Lucas in Pawling NY

Depends Jack, if there's time to read words and stuff I'd have to go with the First Lady's work. But in this fast paced world we live in I might only be able to make time for the illustrated works of the man we all know as Dubya.

November 25, 2008 at 5:56 pm |
  270. Allen in Hartwell, GA

I think Laura could write a better book, especially if she got Lynn Cheney to help.

November 25, 2008 at 6:01 pm |
  271. Kingsbury

By bush I love short stories

November 25, 2008 at 6:01 pm |
  272. Warren, Minden

Jack. I hope I understood the question correctly. Frankly nobody would publish a book written by either Laura or George Bush. Marvel comics might. The answer? Neither one.

November 25, 2008 at 6:02 pm |
  273. Larry -- Belton TX

George's would be much shorter but extremely difficult to comprehend. So I'll go with Laura's book and a pot of coffee.

November 25, 2008 at 6:03 pm |
  274. Jay, Niagara Falls, Ont

Mrs. Bush would have a better book, but George's might come with free crayons to colour the pictures. That's a tought one.

November 25, 2008 at 6:08 pm |
  275. Sean

Id much rather read a story from George W, Jack. I'm a huge fan of choose your own adventure books.

November 25, 2008 at 6:08 pm |
  276. Laura

None of them.

November 25, 2008 at 6:10 pm |
  277. Andrew

George of course! I'd love to know how the world he sees differs from the one the rest of us live in.

November 25, 2008 at 6:10 pm |
  278. Chris

I would read the George W. book as long as he is honest abotu the way he treated every situation. (basically making fun of his self)...

But Laura bush all the way.

November 25, 2008 at 6:11 pm |
  279. Lynn Brooks, Sioux Falls, SD

Neither!

November 25, 2008 at 6:11 pm |
  280. Jennifer

I would much rather read George Bush's book, I love those "Worst Case Scenario" books!

November 25, 2008 at 6:11 pm |
  281. Tim Greenwald

I think i would rather read a book by GW. I am not one who likes big long books. I like simple books that get the point right away. Plus I feel he would have alot of pictures in his book.

November 25, 2008 at 6:11 pm |
  282. Jerry in Oregon

Neither! I'd rather enjoy a do-it-yourself root canal!

November 25, 2008 at 6:11 pm |
  283. Robert of Lake Jackson, Texas

Are you kidding. I wouldn't read a book written by either of them.

November 25, 2008 at 6:11 pm |
  284. Thomas(Canada)

I'd rather read a book written by George Bush. As long as it isn't proofread before it's published.

November 25, 2008 at 6:11 pm |
  285. Boots

Yeah, I'd love to color in a book written by "W".

November 25, 2008 at 6:11 pm |
  286. Willie Smith

Laura Bush, of course!

287. Pedro Widmar

Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
    I think Lauras would be more interesting on a literary level. But then again I can only imagine what GW would write, if he can write that is...

288. Kathy

George Bush – it would be funnier.

289. Jeannie

Hi Jack
    I would have to say George W Bush. I love to color.

Love
    Auntie Jeannie

290. Arlene

I am interested in hearing about both Laura and George Bush

291. Dave

I'd rather read a book by George W. Bush. I love pop up books.

haha

292. Jacqueline Curtis

Laura Bush, hands down! You would have to proofread and edit the book if it were written by George before you could sit down to read it.

293. Kevin

Should the Bush family really be rewarded with an $8 million book deal while soldiers families are struggling and the families of border patrol agents Ramos and Compean are serving 11 years in solitary confinement?

Where is the fairness in that?

294. Gregg Hammer, Honolulu

All things considered, I'd rather read Dr. Seuss. At least his stories have a happy ending.

295. John

I would love a book by George Bush if I still liked to color with crayons.

296. Marc Cardiff

I'd rather read a book by Malia or Sasha Obama.

297. maureen

298. Scott

Jack, I'd rather read George's book. I don't have much time and like 20 page picture books.

299. D. Nero

Jack,

I think I'd like to hear what Georgie has to say. There's no way I'd let someone drive me in the wrong direction for 8 years then make me walk back to find my own way without an explanation!

300. Elizabeth Jackson

301. Glen Semino

Considering everything, I believe an eight yr. old child could write a better book than Laura or George W. Bush, that being said I would not even consider reading a book by either I mean really why waste one's time.

302. Iykeman

George Bush, at least I will hear from the horse's mouth.

303. Joe Hill

The answer is neither! I cannot think of two more boring people...or 8 years of an uninteresting Presidency. Besides, neither would be telling the truth!

304. Nancy Tilson Sinback

I would rather read the book by Laura as I prefer literary works vs pop-up books.

Nancy in Winchester, VA

305. DJColbert

neither. I can't imagine Laura Bush having anything to say that I'd want to hear.

306. Monalisa

I prefer not to even think of any of them. We had more than enough.

307. Joe

Neither. The name Bush should dissappear from the print and television media.

308. John - NY

I'd read George W's book only if it was 100% sure he'd wrote it himself without any help whatsoever.

309. Annie Burke

George can write? I wasn't even sure he could read.

George, if you're reading this, I apologize if I "misunderestimate" you.

310. Pat

How could W. write a book? He can't even speak the English
    language with clarity and intelligence.

311. Jed Erwin

Neither. It seems like Barney could write a more readable book.

312. Ravi Shah

Hahaha...a book by the Bush family..u gotto be kidding me they cant speak straight english and now they are going to be writting books??

313. Alex w.

I would read both, it would be nice to see the inside story from both sides of the table.

Zurich, Switzerland

314. Andy

I wouldn't pay one dime to read a book written by either one of them. Laura is just as dishonest as her husband.

315. Cynthia

Jack,
    I'd rather read a book by Laura Bush. I don't think Bush knows how to write a book, considering how he ran the Presidency.

316. Steven R. Asa

I would rather read "Green eggs and Ham" from DR.Seuss than read anything from either Laura or "W" Bush. I am sick of seeing both of them.

317. Christine (Tennessee)

Laura, obviously. The woman was a librarian. At least SHE probably knows the alphabet.

318. Mandy, Birmingham, AL

Neither. I want to read the tell-all book written by Barney

319. Gerald Boyette Tampa Florida

I can't think of any reason I would ever want to think about any of the Bush family ever again. Let them slouch off into infamy and let's get on with the clean up.

320. Alexander

I'd actually like to read a book by George. It would be interesting to see what actually went through the mind of that moron. It would be interesting to hear from the idiot's wife too though, see how much she actually supported him.

321. Jordan, Michigan

I would not read a book written by either of the two. I would not put more money into the hands of someone who already has more than enough money to support the lifes of 100 people.

322. Ed Sioui

NEITHER!!! All I want is for the Bushes, ALL of them, to disapear into total obscurity, NEVER to be heard from again! I've had my fill of the Bush name in any form to last ten lifetimes! PLEASE, just go away!

323. mike in ohio

I would not read a book written by the first robot, Laura. And, since George had trouble reading My Pet Goat, he may want to stick to picture books. That way, republicans can understand them.

324. Trisha

George Bush has been so demonized and characterized by those around him I would be fascinated to actually here his side of the story.

325. Pedro Garcia

I would rather not read any of their books. Haven't they (President and Mrs. Bush) already caused enough problems. I just wish they would go away just like a bad dream.

326. Dennis in Big Rapids, MI

A book by Goerge Bush? You've got to be kidding. "Look Laura. See Dick. See Dick shoot! Run Laura, run. The End."

327. Matt Winnipeg Canada

Jack,

I would rather read the Presidents book. I am sure it would be a great mystery, Who actually won the 200 election? Who actually ran the White House? Who actually said mission accomplished? Who actually wrote this book?

Matt from Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

328. robert schultz

I'd be the first one inline to buy a book written buy George W. Bush. I'm just curious to read for my self what is inside this numskulls empty head.

329. Mary

W might increase the "readification" of America!

330. Meghan

Indianapolis, IN
    I would rather read the back of a cereal box than a book by George W. Bush.

331. Jared Velasco

I would say George Bush, because i would be interested in knowing what a nut like him thinks about

332. Sherry

How about neither book!

333. Kevin

Should the Bush family be rewarded with an $8 million book deal while soldiers families are struggling and the families of border agents Ramos and Compean are struggling while the two men serve 11 years in solitary confinement?

Where is the fairness in that?

334. Christi

Are you serious? These people just need to move on. They've spoken enough and people are tired of hearing from them. Leave the book market alone. Haven't they made enough money off the war and other ways they've screwed the American people. It's a joke!

335. Bob Palitz

I'd go for W's book, as long as the crayons are included!

Bob Palitz, Accra, Ghana

336. Talia L

I'd like to read a book by George W, as I feel I am owed an explanation. It would be interesting to take a look into how the President justifies all the obviously horrible decisions he made. Although my first thought upon hearing he was writing a book was, is it a picture book?

337. Jeffrey Breitbart

Well, the book by George would be shorter, have more pictures and most probably be a work of fiction. But both would be in the category of "horror" and are best left unwritten.

338. Tanya

I wouldn't read a book by either of them. I know all I want to know about them. In this case, the least I know the better.

339. Maarten

Dear Jack,

Laura Bush, definitely. I don't read picture books – or comic books for that matter.

November 25, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  340. Andrew Bjelland, Ph.D.

I would far rather read a book by Laura because I'm sure it would be written in complete sentences. As for a book by GW, I haven't had
    my crayon set out of the drawer in nearly 60 years!

Andy from Salt Lake City

341. Kathie - Kennesaw, Ga

So my choice is between a snoozer or a looser? I will take your book, Jack. Can I get a free copy ?

342. mike from vancouver bc

it depends if you like fact or fiction

343. April

I have three points to make:

-They should combine their books into one.

-I would be interested in reading what President Bush has to say. I am not so interested in Laura.

-Publishers should not be afraid of political backlash for publishing their books.

November 25, 2008 at 6:15 pm |
  344. Mandy - Virginia

I would love to read Mrs Bush's memoirs – she is greatly admired as are most first ladies. W 's would be fairly interesting; to find out what really goes on in his mind.

November 25, 2008 at 6:15 pm |
  345. Rosemary

Neither one. I just want the entire Bush family to fade away until
    they are no longer a national memory or rather a national nightmare.
    There is nothing either one could say that would interest me in the
    slightest. Just go away!

November 25, 2008 at 6:15 pm |
  346. david in ottawa

Can he write?

November 25, 2008 at 6:15 pm |
  347. Doreen Orion

Since I haven't read a picture book since I was three years old, I'll have to choose Laura.

November 25, 2008 at 6:15 pm |
  348. Salym- Beverly Hills

I wouldn't be surprised if George Bush already had the book written and stashed somewhere seeing as how he's done everything but be President the last 8 years. I would much rather read a book by Laura Bush, I want o know what it was life was like being married to the world's biggest Idiot.

November 25, 2008 at 6:15 pm |
  349. wayne

Certainly don't want to read a book by George W. Bush or Laura Bush. There both out of the same literary pool.

November 25, 2008 at 6:15 pm |
  350. Dorian from Pullman, WA

Neither. If I wanted to read about the sunshine and rainbows I've apparently missed in the past eight years, I'd turn to children's literature. As for Mrs. Bush, I'd be surprised if a woman who has remained silent and deliberately spent her life in G. W.'s shadow has anything meaningful to say.

November 25, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  351. Benny Wilks

Whether George W. or Laura write the book, the truth will be so far beneath the surface that it will never be worth reading. I firmly believe that Bush will go down in history as the worst President to date, and time will not make a difference. The Bush family is so blind to reality that any 'story' they tell in print will only be embraced by those who are equally blind. I'm so happy that his tenure is over, and I can only hope that the nation is able to recover from his mistakes.

November 25, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  352. Don Heldstab

I wonder who would write it for him. I really doubt he is capable.

November 25, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  353. Sam M.

I am waiting for Obama's book!!!

November 25, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  354. stacy

only if she is planning blast george w bush

November 25, 2008 at 6:17 pm |
  355. Deb Dennis

Neither. None. Nein. Nada. Nope. We've heard enough fairy tales from them in the past eight years.

Deb Dennis
    Charleston, SC

November 25, 2008 at 6:17 pm |
  356. Jamie P ,MI

Jack
    Now why would I want to read a book about Laura Bush or George W. Bush?
    I have lived it for the past eight years,
    and if you ask me it an awful book.
    It something that needs to be burned, because it awful and we already know the story.

November 25, 2008 at 6:17 pm |
  357. David

I thought George Bush already wrote a book. See spot run, run that means move faster than walking. See spot wag his tail. Just see spot do things. By George W. Bush

November 25, 2008 at 6:17 pm |
  358. Carolyn Brzeczek

Laura Bush has conducted herself for eight years with consummate grace in a very difficult role. Since the American people hold her husband in such low esteem, I would enjoy a very HONEST book from her, but feel that is unlikely to be the case.

November 25, 2008 at 6:17 pm |
  359. Kate Mack

Neither. I don't think that either of them would actually do the writing, so why should I bother with doing the reading?

November 25, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  360. Mike

Jack,

I would definitely buy a book written by W over Laura Bush. It would be very interesting to read about what he really thinks and what has really happened over his eight years. Also, I would buy W's book due to the oddness of thinking about him writing anything at all. Finally, the book would also be attractive to me because it could be a huge, hiliarious flop. America needs a good laugh after the last eight years.

November 25, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  361. Ariel

I have already read curious George, so I would rather read the first lady's book. I am sure it will be more interesting.

Ariel
    New York

November 25, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  362. Rodney - San jose, CA.

Reading a pop up book from the president doesn’t interest me too much and neither does a book from a lady that decided to marry this individual

November 25, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  363. Dioum

Jack I am not sure because my intelligence level is same as Bush. or may i'll write a book too.

November 25, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  364. Robert from Michigan

A book written by George W. would be a best seller. It should be titled 'How to destroy a nation: all by yourself, no help needed from my daddy'.

November 25, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  365. Steve - Vancouver, Canada

Why read a book written by President Bush when one has already been written...'The Prince' written by Machiavelli in 1532.

November 25, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  366. Deb in Iowa

Neither thank you. A book written by Laura Bush would be polished, well punctuated and grammatically perfect and filled with uninteresting blather about one of the worst president's in America's history. A book seemingly authored by President Bush would be written by Laura anyway, so what's the dif?

November 25, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  367. Nancy

It depends on what you want to read, a childrens book or a ghost written comedy of errors. Personally I prefer the comedy genre

November 25, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  368. Kieron, Dublin, Ireland

Jack, this might seem a bit sexist, but I am a European. Anyway, if push came to shove, I'd much prefer to read a book by the one who wears the trousers, because when all is said and done, their insight into the last eight years and the decision making involved might help to explain one or two things. As for her husband, well, perhaps that's for another day.

November 25, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  369. Brian-Omaha

I would rather read a GW Book. But it really wouldn't be reading. It would consist of pop-up pictures and coloring pictures wih crayons. Man, it sure is hard to stay in-between those lines!

November 25, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  370. Ryan, Kansas City, MO

Who wants to read about what either has to say? Is it not enough that we have to wait until January 20 for a president with an IQ above 50 to enter into office? If my last name were Bush, I would lay low for a while.

November 25, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  371. AJ from New York City

It would be interesting to read about what (if anything) is going on inside W's head.

November 25, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  372. bruce from FL

Not so fast everyone, "W" could write a credible book titled 'How Not To Run The Country ' or 'How toTurn a Great Economy Into a Train Wreck In Eight Years Or Less'. Lets give credit where credit is due!

November 25, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  373. Marko

This would be the only time Bushy would get my vote. Finally someone to put Dr. Seuss to shame... The cat in the hat? Nooooo.. The ballot in the box. i'm sure the pop-ups will be nice too.

November 25, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  374. ron delpino

Please not another pop up book from president George bush .

November 25, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  375. Morton

Of course a book written by the president wold be the most interesting.
    He has been quite reclusive and misinterpreded during the years..
    It would be interesting indeed to get the man's own view on the issues, that is if he is not planning to write a novel.

November 25, 2008 at 6:20 pm |
  376. Oladapo, Paris

LAURA offcourse!!!! She appears to have been really supportive..... but
    now its time to see what she really thinks

November 25, 2008 at 6:20 pm |
  377. Ryan from San Diego

The title of the book I'd be interested in reading would look something like this:

"My Bad! How I Screwed Up and Why I'm Sorry: A Memoir by George W. Bush"

Though, I have to admit that I'm not holding my breath for that one to come out anytime soon. I guess a book by Laura or the first dog would be more interesting anyway...

November 25, 2008 at 6:20 pm |
  378. Otis M.

Jack–

The last thing we need is a ghost writer's rendition of the last eight years from any Bush, be it George or Laura. The scars are too fresh. All we need them to do is make like a tree and LEAVE! Seriously!

November 25, 2008 at 6:20 pm |
  379. Sue from Allentown PA

The only thing George Bush could write about is how to steal an election and screw up a nation. Laura Bush seems okay, but then again, she is married to George W. I have had my fill of Bushes and after Jan. 20, will "stay out the Bushes"! I don't care to anything from either of them.

November 25, 2008 at 6:21 pm |
  380. Behnam

I would rather to read a book from the author who used to spend 8 hours every day in the library but lets be honest with you, I somehow love to read George's book too as long as the editorial part of the publisher don't touch his writing, I promise that will be the most seller book in north America, I will name it the most comedian one, I really believe he should have had a job as a comedian and he was going to be so popular.
    This was my two cents here.
    Thanks to Jack for this subject.
    Behnam, Toronto, Canada

November 25, 2008 at 6:22 pm |
  381. steve

jack; I don't have as much time as I would like to have to read, so I think I would rather read Laura's book because if she is only going to write on positive things that happened in the last eight years it will be a very very short read. Steven
    Centerville Utah

November 25, 2008 at 6:24 pm |
  382. Bill Phillijps

I really believe that Pres. Bush needs to write a book, and it should a must read for all future leaders. Then they can see how much hard work it takes to alienate this nation from the rest of the world. How easy it is to make this the most hated nation in the world. The true meaning of abuse of power. And how him and his administration have created the greatest economic catastrophe in years. If this book is written maybe this can be avoided in the future.

November 25, 2008 at 6:24 pm |
  383. Jackson Nanje

If for eight years he meant nothing-I mean he brought nothing that could improve the American and world economies, what is it then to read from him other than his failed policies? How to avoid them? Maybe . Laura Bush is a classy lady married to someone who knows nothing. I'll rather read her book than that of her husband , if he is even capable of writing one.

Jackson Nanje
    Douglasville, Ga

November 25, 2008 at 6:29 pm |
  384. d Kay

OMG! How soon would it be published? We would finally know what he was thinking – on second thought, NOT!

November 25, 2008 at 6:29 pm |
  385. Monalisa

I prefer not to read anything about this family anymore. Enough is enough.
    Evansville, Indiana

November 25, 2008 at 6:36 pm |
  386. Joe in Bugtussle, Texas

Laura of course.Did he even finish reading "My Pet Goat," yet?I couldnt believe a thing he said in a book if he could write one.

November 25, 2008 at 6:40 pm |
  387. Emily

Does anyone in America actually want to read a book by any Bush? It seems to me that the spotlight for the Bush's is over. How about a book by the great Michelle Obama?

November 25, 2008 at 6:40 pm |
  388. Otis M.

Jack–

We do not need a ghost writer’s rendition of the last eight years from the perspective of any Bush, be it George or Laura. The scars are too fresh and too deep. What we need is a quick Bush exit with their tails wedged firmly between their legs and a long time-out in Crawford or whatever doghouse they deserve!

Otis M.
    West Hartford, CT

November 25, 2008 at 6:40 pm |
  389. Ronnie

Well they should become readers before they become authors, ironically enough the only few people left interested in knowing anything more about them, are probably anti-intellectual non-readers

November 25, 2008 at 6:41 pm |
  390. scott

i hope its non fiction

November 25, 2008 at 6:42 pm |
  391. Jim

He lies and she agrees with him so I wouldn't be able to read either one as I have made it a point to not read fiction in my adult life. I thoroughly enjoyed your book Jack!!

November 25, 2008 at 6:42 pm |
  392. Avery in NJ

It's absolutely essential that GWB writes a book.
    His book will then give license to serious journalists to delve into every aspect of his failed presidency and document the sad results in full detail.
    When written, their follow-up books may well serve as historical course material for understanding how a shortfall of essential presidential qualities can bring down a nation, as has happened.

November 25, 2008 at 6:42 pm |
  393. Ann from Atlanta, TX

Neither! With the Bush economy, who has any extra money to buy a book?

November 25, 2008 at 6:43 pm |