June 6th, 2008

What will you miss least about the primaries?

ALT TEXT
(PHOTO CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES)

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Mercifully it's finally over. Tuesday the interminable primary season breathed its last.

Republican Duncan Hunter led the parade of candidates entering the race for president in October of 2006. By the time they were all finished declaring, a small gymnasium wouldn't have held them.

It was 20 months of highlights and lowlights. It just seems longer. The drama over Michigan and Florida, the rantings of Reverend Jeremiah Wright, the flame-out of Rudy Giuliani, Hillary Clinton's fictional tale from the tarmac in Bosnia, John McCain being left for dead in the summer of '07 only to rise like the phoenix and eventually grab the nomination, Mike Huckabee who burst on the scene and disappeared almost as quickly, the dizzying disappointment that was Fred Thompson, former President Bill Clinton running through the countryside throwing hand grenades, questions about Mitt Romney's Mormonism, charges of sexism and racism... and more bowling, shot drinking and eating in diners then we ever should have been asked to watch. Except one diner, where Hillary Clinton got all teary-eyed and shocked the world by winning New Hampshire.

For the cable news networks, the primaries were ratings gold. But for the rest of the country they were more of an endurance contest. And the poor voters sat through it all: the primaries and caucuses, the debates, speeches and TV ads, the phone calls and fliers and requests to send money.

Here’s my question to you: What will you miss least about the 20-month primary season?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Dave from Boston writes:
The thing I will miss least about the primaries is Lanny Davis, aka the Iraqi Information minister. He was fun and painful to watch, especially his constant assault on anyone who dared to argue the facts.

Nicole from Portland, Oregon writes:
Jack, as much as I enjoy your daily postings of questions to the world, I must say, I will miss the "magic map" that John King provided for us every Tuesday night of the primaries. That machine is quite impressive.

Dick writes:
I am a ‘most’ not a ‘least’ person. This is a very confusing question. It was clearly written by a frustrated person who believes the glass is always half empty. I believe in the future CNN should frame all their questions in a positive tone.

Anderson writes:
Flag pins, sniper fire, and loud reverends - though I doubt they will be gone for long.

J. in Memphis, Tennessee writes:
Jack, Nothing. Let’s get on with the general election. Too bad it isn't next Tuesday so we could get a jump start at fixing this Republican mess.

Gerry writes:
What will I miss the least? The blatant attempt by the mainstream media to push Hillary Clinton to keep the story and TV ratings high. It was pathetic.

Laurel writes:
I'm glad the suspense is over. Now I can count sheep instead of delegates at night, at least until November.

Brandon writes:
Fox News.

Rocky from Chicopee, Massachusetts writes:
I will miss everything. As a 56-year-old guy who paid little attention to politics since working polls for Hubert Humphrey, I became a CNN-junkie. I talk back as much to you guys as I do to my wife, and you guys pay about as much attention.

Filed under: 2008 Election
  1. Tom in Desoto Texas

Is this a trick question? Of course, I'll miss Bill Clinton wagging his finger admonishing all before him. Does Bill not speak verbal golden nuggets for all to cherish?

June 6, 2008 at 2:15 pm |
  2. RichLouden, Seattle, Wa

What will you miss least about the 19-month primary season?

Political analysis Jack.
    I won't miss political analysis...
    Remember when news had journalists who did background research and validated sources and information. Today all the news casters and columnists just provide opinion and 30 second sound bites.

I can't put myself into the mind of a child today. I can't imagine how this analysis style of reporting will impact their world view.

Ahh, to bring back real journalism.

June 6, 2008 at 2:15 pm |
  3. Phil-Wenatchee, WA

NOTHING !

June 6, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  4. Michael

Hillary's speech from this past Tuesday says it for me.

June 6, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  5. Mark, Oklahoma City

The never-ending material for Leno, Letterman and Saturday Night Live.

June 6, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  6. Jim in Cape Coral, FL

Jack,
    What I'll miss less than anything is the freedom McCain has had to sit back and watch the democrats tear into each other. Now it's his turn to face the movement of change in this country while he tries to offer the same old lies and false promises. Hiding behind Hillary Clinton is no longer an option.

June 6, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  7. sarah, Indiana

being called an ignorant racist by the obama camp because i dont support their uber liberal nominee. oh wait guess that isnt over yet. too bad

June 6, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  8. toby from sedona

What will I miss least? Hillary attacking Obama, and Obama not responding. If Obama had gone negative on Hillary, like she did to him, this would have never gotten close.

Imagine an ad, Hillary being greeted with flowers in Bosnia, while the audio is her story about dodging sniper fire. Then she answers the phone at 3am. "Who do you trust?" She would have been toast.

June 6, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  9. Kristen- Philadelphia, PA

Jack that is a good question. They lasted so long I don’t think I will miss anything really but to answer the question I will miss least the candidates being scrutinized for things that supporters of theirs say and do. I think it was so ridiculous. It better not carry into the general election. It really is a turn off and most times have nothing to do with real campaign issues.

June 6, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  10. Tom in New Hope, MN

Hillary!

June 6, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  11. Frank from Peterborough

All the whine without any cheese!

June 6, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  12. Brian - NYC

I will miss nothing about these money-wasting embarrassments.

June 6, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  13. Julie, NY

I definitely won't miss the media and Obama supporters trashing Hillary. Even after she lost, you guys just won't let it go.

June 6, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  14. Victoria from Kelowna, BC

Hillary – which is why Obama should NOT ask her to be his VP.

June 6, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  15. Teri in FL

The headaches, the heartburn, and the in-your-face absurdity of so many of my fellow Americans.

June 6, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  16. Harold from Anchorage

The whole"National Tattler" style of reporting done by the networks; please stick to the issues in the future, not hype.

June 6, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  17. Brian from Fort Mill, S.C.

One word: Hillary!

June 6, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  18. Karen Barrett

will miss ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. A lot of BS, posturing, the usual political semi-truths, lies, and overkill on innuendos and scum rakers trying to dig up "dirt" (in the guise of the "public's right to know").
    What is really scary – someday these days will be someone's "good old days"...I guess it can get worse.

Karen B
    central Floriduhhhh....(at least this time it hasn't been
    the Republicans/Florida & chads!)

June 6, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  19. Mimi, Silver Spring, MD

the over-the-top and obsessive opinions by association of reverends that the media portrayed. Also the interruption of REAL news with "Breaking News" coverage of minute primary details that could wait. minute

June 6, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  20. Chris Swansea, MA

I'm gonna miss that touch screen that all you CNN guys like to play with. What are you gonna do with all that time now? Probably delete mildly "offensive" material from this blog

June 6, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  21. Chicago Bob from Illinois

The preposterous Right Wing Pundits supporting and saying nice things about Hillary Clinton.

June 6, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  22. Mark, Berwyn, PA

The Father Flagler video clip. That was really funny. I wish my priest was that animated.

June 6, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  23. Staci from Nashville, Tn

Nothing, we should have been talking about the real issues in the first place. Not what someone had on, not what their church leader believed and not the age of a candidate. Some of us need to get a life.

June 6, 2008 at 2:27 pm |
  24. Ron in Indiana

Hillary Clinton

June 6, 2008 at 2:27 pm |
  25. Talana in Eugene, OR

My husband was wondering how much ya'll will miss the touch screen map and how many times you'll play with it between now and when there is actually data that matters for the general!

June 6, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  26. Michael King Of Prussia, PA

Jack, I will not miss Bill Clinton's rants and often dumb comments. I hope he can stay on message as he goes on the stump for Obama. The Dem's need to make the American people understand that McSame will be in fact four more years of failed policies of a horrendous administration.

June 6, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  27. Adam Mercer Oshawa, Ontario

Jack,

I would like to say the thing I will miss least will be all the wasted money, but the money spent in the primaries will be nothing to that spent on the Presidentical campaign.

There are estimates out there that over $2 Billion could be spent by the time the next President of the United States is selected. To be totally honest I think you have to question the economic sense of anyone willing to spend that kind of money on a job that pays $400,000.

June 6, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  28. Diane/Allentown, PA

Opinions and predictions.

But I certainly don't want to leave out Math and Maps.....

June 6, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  29. William Fox

What I will miss least about the primaries is Lou Dobbs daily effort to undermine Obama's candidacy...

p.s. We watch you nightly in the Situation Room, Jack...You're great!

Port Aux Basques
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    Canada

June 6, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  30. Mrs. W. in Germany

Terry McAuliffe.

June 6, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  31. don in naples, florida

If I had to choose what i would miss least, I would have to say certain news networks not analyzing candidates fairly, simply because they are democrat. I will not miss the overused epithet "liberal" by certain news networks in order to pass off their conservative agenda. To me, a liberal is a conservative christian who declares war on the world under the cloak of freedom or democracy.

June 6, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  32. Anne/Seattle

Hillary and Bill daily.

June 6, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  33. stuart-berthoud colorado

The insane clinton supporters chanting denver denver denver in the last few rallies of hers. their true calling is being extras in a movie about menopause. Or as i like to call it, "mental pause"

June 6, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  34. Larry from Georgetown, Tx

Some people like Lanny and James and Paul saying how great Hillary his and what a great president she would make and the lies about Bosnia and her seeming more like a preacher, but mostly we'll miss John King and the magic wall analysis.

June 6, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  35. Scott - Wichita, Kansas

The massive liberal bias that the media has. If you look at the story counter, both Obama and Clinton each have double the number of stories about them as McCain does. How about evening it out without it being a 100% negative story for once?

June 6, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  36. wally rehmann in las Vegas

i will miss asking myself what a waste of money this is. with so many people hurting with this economie, this system is just crazy, to dragged out. look how many poor people could have been helped, people on s.s. struggle to buy food , while they have thrown hundreds of millions of dollars away like drunken sailors..

June 6, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  37. Anna, SW Missouri

FEAR! Everytime I saw Hillary on TV all I could think was "What is she going to say today to destroy the Democratic Party's chance of winning in November?"

June 6, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  38. bill goverman

studio city, ca. Jack, loved the media coverage especially yours and cnn's however the impatience of the media wasn't helpful to the process

June 6, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  39. Sara, Minnesota

The "gotcha" moments. You couldn't sneeze in this primary without it being on Youtube five minutes later and a major news story for days to come with pundits constantly analyzing why in fact the candidate sneezed and what exactly was in the Kleenex. It's gotten a little sad.

June 6, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  40. Clay- Butler, AL

Jack,

I will miss rooting for Hillary. I am 23 years old and raised by a single mother with an in and out dad. I respect women greatly. My mom has been the rock of our family and I respect Hillary for what she represents. Yes, the young people today do want change. But, our moms have had to change forever to stay abreast and keep the families afloat as most or more than 1/2 of American families are headed by a woman. If you think women aren't the propelling change of America you need to relook at them. Go Hillary. My mom has so much influence on me and I want a woman like HIllary who is like my mom. She figures out a way to make the best decisions that affect the entire family and never once is she putting herself and her needs ahead of others. So, I will vote for the first time in a Presidential election. I was hoping for a woman; but, it will not be Obama. Go McCain. Clay

June 6, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  41. Drew, Central FL

I would say the anger and bitterness from supporters...in general. We need to focus on undoing the damage Bush and the GOP have inflicted on our great country.

June 6, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  42. Geri Britt

The Clintons.

Geri – Mead, OK

June 6, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  43. Michael Lorton, Virginia

Jack: I would like to say Hillary Clinton, but like a previous post that you read on the air........how can we miss you when you want go away. A second choice is BIll Clinton pointing his finger, touching his heart and his face turning red.

June 6, 2008 at 2:42 pm |
  44. sandy in Ohio

There's nothing I'll miss because the general election goes on but I think the media will miss the constant show put on by my fellow Democrats. Please let that be over and let the real election about the real issues begin.

June 6, 2008 at 2:42 pm |
  45. A. Ashton - Turks & Caicos Islands

Jack your blog that I check into everyday at work hoping my boss don't pass and see me blogging. Jack it was a good primary and we will watch Obama till he takes the presidency. I have come to know good people like you and wolf. Ha!

June 6, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  46. Paul

Jack,
    The fact that someone needs a Math course need I say who.

Paul

Austin, Texas

June 6, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  47. Troy

I will most miss hearing Ron Paul's words of wisdom. I will least miss just about everything else.

June 6, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  48. Rex in Portland, Ore.

I will miss most McCain and the other republican hopefuls blasting each other with various invectives as they debated their own merits. I will miss McCain's claims to expertise in every facet of government and his claims of success for his (bush's) policies, and his self-proclaimed title of expert in foreign affairs (earned, no doubt, because of all the tremendous success he [bush] has had over the last 7 years).

Fortunately for me, I will get to continue to endure all of this crap over the next five months. You should be so lucky.

June 6, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  49. Anthony Smith

The 20 month primary season!

Wildwood Crest, NJ

June 6, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  50. Paula in Albuquerque

The fact that the primary season is just too doggone long!

June 6, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  51. Jasmine in Germany

Terry McAuliffe

June 6, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  52. dennis hunter

It was too long so we should learn to make the process shorter to keep the people interested in the political process.

June 6, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  53. Uncle Whitey

It's going to be Hillary Clinton. May she ride off into the sunset with her philandering husband and not be seen or heard from again.

June 6, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  54. Andrea - Denver, CO

John King and his Magic Map

But I'm sure he'll find other uses for it...

June 6, 2008 at 2:48 pm |
  55. pugas-AZ

The BS

June 6, 2008 at 2:48 pm |
  56. Mike

The thing I will miss least is the crew of spinners and distortionists in the Clinton campaign. These included Howard Wolfson, Terry McAuliffe, Lanny Davis and Bubba himself. As of yesterday one could add James Carville who claimed that it was the Obama campaign who was responsible for saying Hillary wanted to be VP.
    These losers will get what they deserve when nobody comes knocking on their doors for their lousy political advice and bs.
    Mike
    Montreal

June 6, 2008 at 2:50 pm |
  57. Mickie in Philadelphia, PA

Hillary and the accusations by both her and her staff that Obama is attacking her and that this contest has been unfair because of her sex. Give me a break! I am a female born before Hillary and remember what women went through to get any rights, but Hillary has had a charmed life and to assume all older, white, blue-collar, women wanted her is ridiculous. She told a lie about Bosnia and then tried to say it was because she was tired. Well, if that is the case, I certainly don't want her answering the phone at 3:00 a.m.

June 6, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  58. Rosalynd Florida

I will not miss the primaries at all. Like many voters I followed this primary campaign season like religion because America is in trouble and need a change. Now I need a vacation not to mention I need to catch up on work (did I just write that.. don't tell the boss).

June 6, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  59. SJR-Alabama

You never use my blogs. Are you prejudiced against middle-aged PROFESSIONAL women. Well, I will miss seeing the close race between two candidates. Now it is going to be boring. McCain will prevail because Obama will not win. It is not his time. I usually vote Republican; but I was going to vote for Hillary. I hate that she did not know to use the internet at first for money. Also, I hate that we did not get to see her passion until later in the race. However, when one tries to compliment Obama for using the little people to support him through the internet and then one belittles Hillary for using the little people (vote for vote) to support her case for being the most viable candidate. Something seems a little wrong. I doubt that you will get me on fire to blog now. Hope CNN's calluses heal with the CNN map of what ifs will slow down. I will vote for McCain. Hillary in 2012.

June 6, 2008 at 2:52 pm |
  60. Bill in New London, CT

Hillary Clinton. PERIOD.

June 6, 2008 at 2:52 pm |
  61. Richard, Syracuse, NY

I will not really miss the News Media who annointed Senator Obama the winner long before the race was over. If this was the other way around we would see protest marches in the streets. Senator Obama won by Political Correctness.

June 6, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  62. Phil - Aubrey, TX

Anything to do with Florida & Voting!!!

June 6, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  63. Gregory 18 (Memphis)

I'll miss how the media and opponents looks so desperately to bring Barack Obama down.

June 6, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  64. Karl in CA

I'm going to miss Hillary's whining and total ignorance of mathematics and reality. I'm also going to miss Sara in Indiana's ignorant racist paranoia. Oh wait, to quote Sara, I guess that isn't over yet,. too bad.

June 6, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  65. Mary - California

Jack-Obama and Clinton fighting and insulting one another, as if this was the biggest issue on their campaign trails and all of the money that these two spent for this Primary. Definitely won't miss Bill Clinton making continuous remarks, thinking that it was helping Hillary Clinton.

June 6, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  66. Marc from Halifax, Nova Scotia

As a proud Canadian watching from the sidelines, I've thoroughly enjoyed this lengthy primary process, warts and all. It had more melodrama than a daytime soap opera, and a better cast of players. More importantly, it's brought you all one step closer to finally getting the world rid of the Bush administration. Can't wait to see the HBO movie these primaries will one day inspire!

What will I miss least? Well, having largely depended on CNN for primary coverage, it's been awfully tiresome witnessing your obvious disdain for Hillary Clinton night after night. You've got every right to express a preference for Obama, but for months you've derided her for the sheer audacity of challenging him for the nomination. Considering she was winning states as recently as this Tuesday, I think she more than earned the right to stay in the race. With all due respect, Jack, this is one issue where that gruff, frank-talking TV persona of yours just came off as petty and churlish.

Relax, already. Your guy won.

June 6, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  67. Pablo in Arlington Texas

Jack

that's easy, the bloviating that passes for analysis.

Pablo

June 6, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  68. Barbara Peckham

What I will miss least is the enormous amount of wasted time, effort and money that went into these primaries! The endless "debates" that spent more time on non-issues than the real issues facing all Americans! I could cry for those losing their homes, those without or without enough health insurance, those struggling to pay their bills while millions of dollars are being spent on hot air!

Barbara/Oak Bluffs, MA

June 6, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  69. Judy - MO

Hillary's obnoxious and pandering drumbeat!! Oh yes, her poor math skills :)

June 6, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  70. ken

The Clintons

June 6, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  71. Caryn, Washington DC

William and Hillary Clinton. I'm over it...turned off.

June 6, 2008 at 2:56 pm |
  72. Jerry -Roselle, Illinois

Jack

I will miss the Predictions from the Pundits!
    The Analysis from the Anchors.
    The wonderful posts from the Blogs.
    Ahhhh but wait, I can hear gas being put in the Swift Boats now!
    See ya later this summer.

June 6, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  73. Ray Kinserlow

John McCain getting a free ride.

June 6, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  74. Mary, Idaho

The media over-speculating about every move the candidates make. Not to mention blowing every tid-bit of negative information they can dig up out of proportion...unfortunately I fear it won't stop until after November.

June 6, 2008 at 2:58 pm |
  75. Perry J

the media injecting there opinions in every aspect of every thing , the media has forgotten there function is to report not to fog every thing they can

perry j
    council bluffs iowa

June 6, 2008 at 2:59 pm |
  76. CRAIG R. MCNEES

tampa, fl. gee, it's over already, i didn't know the conventions were over. just why do we now need conventions when the elections are decided way in advance by the media? do i dare ask who big media has already decided whom are next president is, or do i actually have to go vote?

June 6, 2008 at 2:59 pm |
  77. Ilona / Marietta,PA

Jack,

Negativity and suspense , the Florida and Michigan issue and the media focusing too much on things that don't matter. Finally it's over!
    Obama08

June 6, 2008 at 2:59 pm |
  78. Matt in Las Vegas, NV

I would miss all the lies the most.....except the General Election campaign is just starting and John McCain is involved.

June 6, 2008 at 2:59 pm |
  79. Jerry from Fayetteville, TN

The divisive effect it had on the Democratic Party.

June 6, 2008 at 3:00 pm |
  80. Michael Smith, New Orleans

I think the twenty-four seven talking news heads will not be missed. Oh wait, we have an election coming up. Never mind.

June 6, 2008 at 3:00 pm |
  81. Ralph in New York

Jack, I will miss least you, Wolf, and all the "award-winning" CNN panels feeding us their answers to the facts of life as pertains to the poliitical theater.

June 6, 2008 at 3:01 pm |
  82. Stacy from Virginia

Jack,
    I will miss the Senator Clinton questions on your blog. They always riled me up and frustrated me to no end.

June 6, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  83. Mike, Syracuse NY

Political commentators microanalyzing everything and telling me what i should think. Unfortunately it's not over for 5 more months. What I'll miss most is Hillary's creative versions of reality. After the snipers, I was hoping she'd say she'd been abducted by aliens. Or was it that I was hoping she really would be abducted by aliens?

June 6, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  84. Emma, San Jose, CA

What I will miss the least is the character assassination of a decent American.

June 6, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  85. Dave in Philly

I will least miss my own anxiety over who to vote for. Both Democratic candidates have my admiration, respect, and trust. They both are excellent presidential material. In the end, I voted for Sen. Obama because I think he is the best to package and deliver to the American People the relief both he and Sen. Clinton have worked for. I think he will put a new face on the United States of America, signifying to the rest of the world that we, the people, did not like the actions of our current government, so we have exercised our power to peacefully change the course of our own country. I'm now cool, calm, confident, and looking forward to reason and maturity being brought back to Washington with President Obama.

June 6, 2008 at 3:04 pm |
  86. Chryssa

Jack, I will not miss the media, CNN included, completely ignoring the math and perpetuating the myth that Hillary stood a chance.

Obama claimed the delegate lead after the very first primary and Hillary never came close to catching up.

Boise, ID

June 6, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  87. AndyZ Fairfax, VA

The orchestrated flip-flopping of the media talking heads as they attempt to split hairs down to sub-atomic particles while making agrandized, mundane points on issues important only to themselves. All I want for closure is to know why no network repaetedly hammered Obama on his half truth of being against the Iraq War. He was not a member of the US Senate at the time. He could not vote thus making his opinion no more valid than a South Side wino's.

June 6, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  88. John

Absolutely nothing!
    I was this >>> <<< close to shoving my head into the oven.
    By the way, my stove is electric.

June 6, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  89. Susie, Corning, OH

Nothing. Maybe now we can get some of the news. You know, soldiers dying, Bush, Cheney, Condi and all of them lying! Or maybe why the high price of gas, or maybe why all of the foreclosures, or maybe what Blackwater is doing.

June 6, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  90. Al Postle

The free ride we gave to Bush and Mc Cain over the past several months.

And, the last I checked, we were losing the war in Afghanistan.

We missed the real stories.

June 6, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  91. Chuck in MO

Ugly pantsuits.

June 6, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  92. Kevin Mass

The Clintons

June 6, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  93. Jan Davis, Knoxville, TN

I will miss seeing the "Best Political Team on Television" every night, the excitement of hearing Barack Obama speak to those huge crowds, and the debates. John McCain is one of the most boring speakers I've ever heard and any excitement that comes out of the fall campaign will be generated by Barack and Michelle.

Jack, people should have listened more to you during the nominating process and maybe there wouldn't be so much shock that Obama came through as the nominee. Always enjoy your comments! Thanks!

June 6, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  94. Ronda (Arizona)

Jack, I'll miss the suspense of what new rule the Clinton campaign with cook up next!!!!

June 6, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  95. Jesse Mehle

I'll miss you guys be wrong on almost all the pre presidential polls for each state. I love when you guys are wrong!

Jesse

Duluth MN

June 6, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  96. Greg ...Cabot AR

I am going to miss: disenfranchised voters, fuzzy math, superdelegates, magic touch screen tv's with sliding projection graphs, fiery ministers, sniper bullets, bitter voters, right wingers, left wingers and political experts..............just kidding........but rest assured, the one thing I will miss the least is the importance the media placed on things that really don't matter in an election.......please, for the fall campaign, try to stick more to the issues.....

June 6, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  97. Dee

The media hype

June 6, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  98. A Kraft Naples, FL

all the stupid endless pundits who were wrong and of course not you Jack and most of all how dumb the democratic process was

June 6, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  99. Carlos Harrisburg PA

Hillary’s speech about how electable she is.

June 6, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  100. Karen J. from Rocklin, Ca

That's sooo easy. Terry McAuliffe. This guy 's spin on Hillary"s chances of winning was absurd. Then introducing her as the next President of the United States tuesday night AFTER Obama had clinched the nomination was really over the top!!!

June 6, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  101. Stanley of Houston, TX

Fuzzy Math and yeah...the new Bill i.e. the post-triple-bypass-surgery-syndrome Bill!

June 6, 2008 at 3:18 pm |
  102. Tina (Ft Worth)

Not one dang thing. My head is still spinning with all the negatitivy and they all started way too soon.

June 6, 2008 at 3:20 pm |
  103. maggie from Minnesota

I am 62 years old and I have never been such a political junkie as I have this time around. I have enjoyed reading your blog Jack and I have much approval for just about everything you have said regarding this campaign. I think you have been right on. I have a sense of relief that this part of the campaign is over and I sure am pulling for Barack. I hope he is the next president of the United States of America. Thank you.

June 6, 2008 at 3:21 pm |
  104. Ted Beaverton, OR

The same talking head guests on the same channels giving the same answers to the same questions and saying the same thing over and over. Many times on contiguous personality oriented shows. Particularly when these thiings are re-run throughout the day 2 and 3 times. Let's hope the news networks including CNN can get an injection of the same creativity and diversity in guests to the same degree as they have redesigned their sets to accomodate HDTV.

June 6, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  105. Jan from Ohio

I'll miss ALL of you, Jack!

I came to ADORE Donna & her "Boo" comments, Roland, David Gergen, Candy, Gloria, Jamaal, John King's "Magic Wall", and even that "Republican", Alex!!! Too many to remember off hand, but I'll miss them all TOO! I will NOT, however, miss Lanny "The Weasel Davis", McAuliff, & KiKI What's-Her-Name!!! I'll even miss the excitement as the primary election night poll closings & the anticipation of their results!

You folks ARE the best news team on TV! (minus Lou Dobbs & Glenn Beck...sorry!)

June 6, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  106. Ryan, Champaign IL

Personally I will miss the legions of pundits taking anecdotal state primary information and touting it as evidence of large, national trends. Spin, spin, spin, 'til we all fall down.

June 6, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  107. Mari, Salt Lake City, Utah

I ditto what Karen J., from Rocklin, CA said! Terry McAuliffe needs a long break. He is a disaster.

I wont miss .......

Scorched earth tactics

Racial slurs by Bill

RFK assassination comments.... which were and are shameful!

Won't miss the press constantly pandering to the Clintons

OBAMA 08 &12!

June 6, 2008 at 3:25 pm |
  108. Janet, 60+White Female America via Canada

The Dividing Tactics from the Clinton Camp!

June 6, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  109. Lesa from Jackson TN

Fox news.

June 6, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  110. Matt Callaway in Omaha, NE

I'll miss the luxury of having the Republicans pretty much silenced for the last six months. As a former Republican I'm already getting ridiculous 3rd-party emails blasting Barack Obama.

Well, I'm off to look up neck and eye strengthening exercises. I need to get ready for all the head-shaking and eye-rolling that I'll be doing for the next five months.

June 6, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  111. Ann, Newton, New Jersey

All the pundits with their spins on the bad things that Bill was doing to hurt Hillary.

June 6, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  112. David, MA

The thing i will miss least is the media being sexist against
    SENATOR Clinton, not "her" or "she" but SENATOR Clinton.

June 6, 2008 at 3:27 pm |
  113. tom in jacksonville,fl

I will miss the never-ending lessons in Clinton new math. Also, the mind-numbing spin of the Clinton surrogates, Wolfson, Lanny Davis, McAuliffe, and Kiki McClean.

June 6, 2008 at 3:28 pm |
  114. Terry from North Carolina

Jack
    I will miss you guys being wrong most of the time, and I will miss comments on your blog concerning the Clintons, hopefully they will ride off into the sunset never to be heard from again.

June 6, 2008 at 3:29 pm |
  115. Sandi AZ

Fox News and their propaganda--it keeps my husband entertained in the evenings so I can view CNN on tv in a different room and have some peace and quiet!

June 6, 2008 at 3:32 pm |
  116. Dan, Chantilly Va

Polls, and the people who blindly accept them as truth. A close second would be the hundred or so people who think they're so clever when they answer every question like this one with "Hillary Clinton". I don't care if you hate her, but if you have nothing new to contribute to the conversation, then maybe you shouldn't contribute at all. And is there really any point to giving the same answer as half the people who posted before you?

June 6, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  117. Billy G in Las Vegas

definately both Hillary's political consultant Howard Wolfson and Pennsylvania Gov Ed Rendell

if you lose a big sports bet, the guy that comes to collect from you looks like Wolfson.

Rendell looks like the bookie.

June 6, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  118. Lenore Z.

What I will miss least is Hillary claiming all the time she is winning the popular vote, when caucus states (like mine) DON'Tget individual votes counted, and when she DOES get to count Michigan when Obama wasn't even on the ballot and so supposedly nobody in Michigan voted for him.
    In other words, she says, " In all the states in which I won, I won!" And I won't miss media people echoing her claim that she won the popular vote.
    I also won't miss Lanny Davis's and James Carville's spins.

June 6, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  119. Talbot

1. Lou Dobbs starting every evening's news cast with "Senator Obama" or "Senator Clinton"
    2. The endless blather in the New York Times about why Obama stinks compared to Hillary and their endless stories/editorials/blogs of her successes, near-successes, tribulations, hopes, dashed hopes, supporters, ex-supporters, husband, statistical wins, numeracy problems, goodbye parties, etc.

June 6, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  120. Dave - Boston

The thing I will miss least about the primaries is Lanny Davis aka the Iraqi Information minister. He was fun and painful to watch - specially his constant assault on anyone who dared to argue the facts.

June 6, 2008 at 3:37 pm |
  121. JW Georgia

Hillary Clinton.

June 6, 2008 at 3:38 pm |
  122. Wendy. San Rafael, CA

Hillary, dragging this race long after she had no possibility of winning and dividing the party.

For my family it was, "God .. LET THIS BE OVER!!!"

June 6, 2008 at 3:39 pm |
  123. Tex Abroad

Watching Clinton and McCain try to "morph" their campaigns into clones of Obama's campaign to try to capture what they failed to have the vision and judgement to see from all their years of "experience".

All joking aside, Jack, I'll miss the fervor with which the "new" voters flocked to participate in the too long ignored democratic process and the hope that represents. Let's hope it continues.

Oh...and the sniper-fire.

June 6, 2008 at 3:43 pm |
  124. barbara

JACK,
    I will not have to see Hillery and Bill Clinton in our faces shaking their finger at the people and all the lies they told, she tried for 8 years in the Senate to get her HEALTH CARE passed, how in this world would she do better at being the President? I AM GLAD IT IS OVER!

Barbara from Florida
    have a nice weekend!

June 6, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  125. erin in kentucky

Why, you Jack! Oops, I mean I'll miss you MOST along with all the political naval gazing over Hillary, superdelegates and of course, everyone's favorite, Bill Clinton.
    The general election, with all the attendant afternoon questions from my buddy Cafferty, will seem somehow gray now that we're losing our most colorful characters.

June 6, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  126. Adirondack Ed, Northville, NY

Hillary out of town. But then again, she's never here anyway!! She chose to live in Washington DC so she could be close to everything-except New York.

June 6, 2008 at 3:49 pm |
  127. Mark - Asheville, NC

I will NOT miss the one sided adoration and worship of Obama by the media and the DNC. But both will end soon when the general election really heats up, just as happened to Mondale, Dukakis and Kerry. When the real smears begin, Obama will wonder where many of his powerful supporters have gone.

Yep, the effects of the Kool Aid will wear off and then many more folks will be asking, “Why did THIS guy get the nomination?? I don’t get it!!”.

June 6, 2008 at 3:50 pm |
  128. lynne johnson

Not one thing. Glad it is finally over! Enough already!

June 6, 2008 at 3:50 pm |
  129. Janel, St. Paul, MN

I'm glad it is over, but it has been quite a soap opera! I'm certain some Hollywood type has a script ready and is now considering casting. When the film is shown, it will be boring. . .as boring as the endless debates.

June 6, 2008 at 5:31 pm |
  130. Bestman

Thing I will miss the least is the phrase, "Hard working white people". As far as I'm concerned, every American is working hard in this ecomony. The racial labels and religious guilt by association tactics hopefully, are finally over. Wait, hold a sec. There's FOX news bring it up again. Figures

Bestman
    Miami, FL

June 6, 2008 at 5:32 pm |
  131. Yvonne from BC, Canada

What I'll miss the least about the primaries is the sight and sound of Hillary Clinton. Yes, Clinton fatigue set in a long time ago. It's time for some fresh new faces with fresh new ideas.

June 6, 2008 at 5:33 pm |
  132. Laurel Jones

June 6, 2008 at 5:33 pm |
  133. Laura

Your negative take on all things Clinton. Whatever will you have to be a grump about now?

June 6, 2008 at 5:35 pm |
  134. ~ Cher~

won't miss them at all.............

June 6, 2008 at 5:35 pm |
  135. David Kagan

The drama, the boredom, the humor, the anger, the frustration, the horror, the surprises, the verbal disasters, the humanity, the inhumanity, the main plots, the sub-plots, the main characters, the minor characters, the eccentric characters–the whole wonderful soap opera! It's back to "The Bold and the Beautiful" for me, I guess.
    Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania

June 6, 2008 at 5:38 pm |
  136. Ed Murkovich, Virginia City, Nv

Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabe, and Bill Clinton. But I imagine all the "important" things will continue: Reverend Wright, flag lapel pins,Obama's drawbacks, and McCain's virtuousness.

June 6, 2008 at 5:38 pm |
  137. Haloalani, Mountain View Hawaii

Are you kidding? This whole primary has re-energized the entire nation AND the world. I love it. Now I actually look forward to the conventions as well as the general election.

June 6, 2008 at 5:39 pm |
  138. Annette-PA

The thing I will miss the least is Sen. Clinton and her whining about Florida and Michigan. She agreed to the sanctions long ago so there is no sense in crying over spilled milk now.

June 6, 2008 at 5:41 pm |
  139. R.M., Jacksonville, FL

I won't miss John McCain's awful attacks on Mitt Romney. He would make up stuff so he would appeal to conservatives. Romney is still the best person we could have as president, however I am supporting John McCain now so we can beat Barack Obama in the fall. We need a republican in the White House. Romney for V.P.!

June 6, 2008 at 5:43 pm |
  140. Barbara Schieber

I will not miss the pundits who have not been able to nail one single prediction.

And the only comentators I will really miss is Candy Crowley and John King. Brilliant both of them.

Jack I hope will stay on, we need somone rebellious in The Situation Room.

June 6, 2008 at 5:43 pm |
  141. Dan, Webster NY

Jack,
    Each candidate claiming to be everything to everyone. Some even speaking with a drawl in the south or faking the preacher oratory when speaking in a church. All very entertaining to the casual viewer. What will be missed the least will be the penchant for the media to sway peoples attention to this candidate or that. The weeding out of the competitors by network producers and talking heads until there are only a few left in the fray. The others, victims of the network knife. In short, unequal time for all candidates. I don't know if this is a trick question, but it is a tricky question.

June 6, 2008 at 5:44 pm |
  142. E kenny

Hillary offering obama the vice presidency even though she was losing and all her other dillusions.

June 6, 2008 at 5:45 pm |
  143. DJ, Los Angeles

Rudy Guiliani. So glad I don't have to listen or see him any more or listen to how his sidekick Bernie Kerik cheif of NYPD got busted for fraud.

June 6, 2008 at 5:48 pm |
  144. Kevin

Jack, the least item I will miss is when CNN's political team tried to explain the Texas primary and caucus procedure, I couldn't take enough aspirin after that fiasco. The CNN team did a great job through all of it though.

Kevin
    Warren,MI

June 6, 2008 at 5:50 pm |
  145. Patty

The bitter, hateful, disgusting blogging that goes on here after you put some ridiculous questions that feed into that kind of response. I think you like it.

June 6, 2008 at 5:51 pm |
  146. Buddy

I loved every minute of it. Just how many people did Obama throw under the bus. He quit his church, threw uncle Wright, granny. Tony Rezko, and Louis Farrahkan. Also a bunch of bitter white folks. Better than regular TV.

June 6, 2008 at 5:52 pm |
  147. Greg

I am excited to never have to hear the phrase "game changer" ever again. If I'm not mistaken CNN called all 54 contests game changers, correct?

June 6, 2008 at 5:52 pm |
  148. Patricia Carter

The late night monologues.

Patricia Carter
    Los Angeles

June 6, 2008 at 5:52 pm |
  149. Steve from California

The incessant singing of Barack Obama's celestial choir.

June 6, 2008 at 5:52 pm |
  150. John Wohlmut

The primaries have become a sort of soap opera that a lot of people love to watch and take sides. The thing I will miss the most is escaping from the reality of economic survival.

June 6, 2008 at 5:52 pm |
  151. Paulina

Jack, for these last three of months that I've been following the primaries from a distance – about 3,600 miles give or take – I really don't have much to complain about other than this day-after-the-primary-jet lag because of time difference. That's what I'll miss the least. For the rest it's been quite entertaining. A special hurray to the fanatics among supporters from both teams. Though kind of scary at times, they were most amusing. It's just that they're giving me a hard time proving my point over here that the percentage of intelligent, thoughtful people in the USA is just about as high as in our own country. I'm really trying to fight that prejudice over here. Please guys and girls, don't let me down.

Paulina
    The Netherlands

June 6, 2008 at 5:55 pm |
  152. BJ in PA

Lanny Davis

June 6, 2008 at 5:58 pm |
  153. Janet Abdoulaye, Indianapolis, Indiana

I will least miss the scrutiny of the candidates over petty issues, such as flag lapel pins, which apparently are necessary to prove patriotism. Where is yours, Jack? It's past time that Obama focus on McCain who has had a free ride and has grown in Republican hubris. I hope that in the future the DNC will rethink such a long primary season...every candidate has the right to see his or her competition out to the end; however, no one wants to sit through five months of primaries.

June 6, 2008 at 5:58 pm |
  154. snn

Bill and Hilliary

June 6, 2008 at 6:00 pm |
  155. Peter E, Boulder, CO

The pundits' speculations.

June 6, 2008 at 6:02 pm |
  156. Peter E, Boulder, CO

These comments.

June 6, 2008 at 6:04 pm |
  157. Independent in Ft Worth Tx

A voice that sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard...a laugh that sounds like a cackle. Surrogates with red bulbous noses and wagging their finger at the camera. Lies and rules changes.

Can anyone guess who that is?

June 6, 2008 at 6:05 pm |
  158. Patty

I can't think of anything of anything that I'll miss I would love to be able to turn on the tv and hear news not politics. I am sick of it all enough 24 hrs a day is just to much I don't care if you do think you feel you have "

June 6, 2008 at 6:05 pm |
  159. Chi4Obama

I will NOT miss, the Obama and Hillary supporters continually tearing each other apart over blogs. Although it does appear as if it is still happening to some degree.

June 6, 2008 at 6:06 pm |
  160. Peter E, Boulder, CO

The biased coverage.

June 6, 2008 at 6:07 pm |
  161. smitty

The democrats and their overly complicated micromanaging approach to everything from primaries to government programs.
    If Obama is as efficient as he sounds, it would be a Change indeed.

June 6, 2008 at 6:07 pm |
  162. June

Hillary
    Hillary's pantsuits
    Hillary's clapping and pointing
    Hillary tall tails( duck! That was sniper fire)
    Hillary's husband

June 6, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  163. Sarah Cotner

I will least miss the pundits making mountains out of molehills!

June 6, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  164. Derek, Augusta

the yellow pant suit.

June 6, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  165. Benny in Waukesha WI

We have seen many good canditates, two are still standing. What I will miss the least are the two candidates that would just polarize the county and get very little done, i.e. Hillary and Mitt Romney

Benny

June 6, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  166. Kim

The experience of watching a Democrat use guns and racism to her advantage is something I'll be happy to forget.

June 6, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  167. Joe Batton

What will I miss the least....... Hillary Clinton nodding like a bobble head doll while being spoken to.

June 6, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  168. juanita

Your question "what will I miss least?' prompted the thought "Cnn
    repeatedly commenting on the process; then I realized that is still
    happening with repeated comments on what will Hillary be saying tomorrow.. Why not quit the speculating and wait for her to speak?

June 6, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  169. len

Seeing Hillary

June 6, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  170. Michael from Texas

"Hillary Clinton dot com". That about sums it up.

June 6, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  171. jim

All the lies Jack, that is what I'll miss least.

June 6, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  172. Dee from Canada

There were times when I felt the flames of a particular topic were deliberately being fanned to create drama and I felt manipulated. I won't miss the traumas and dramas; I want to watch less TV. And please no town hall meetings just yet. I want to enjoy the summer.

June 6, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  173. jimmie brenner

Arrogance, I deserve it, I'm your only candidate, etc and those awful pant suits(as if they hide anything) guess who I'm referring to. Yuck!

June 6, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  174. will smith

that's simple, HILLARY!

June 6, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  175. Ola, London

Jack,

I will miss Bill Clinton the least. I hope this is the last we see of Bill Clinton and his foul mouth. Oh and maybe Lanny Davies........

June 6, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  176. Theresa, PA

I'll miss "hard working white people" and "my friends" ; oops, they are still with us.

177. Sheila

Jack, I will not miss that utter look of surprise that Hillary gave so many supporters when she spotted them in the audience. It was a look that might have said, "Oh my word...I thought you were dead!". Won't miss that AT ALL.

Sheila in Queens, NY

178. Steve C.

When there seemed to be 47 different candidates and trying to tell who was who on that fancy digital map you guys have in studio. I'm an artist and even I know there are only so many shades of red and blue. Yikes.

179. Chris in Montana

Jack i wont miss a thing, excetp the production wasted by the politicians in those 20 months

180. Sue Cauty

(Writing from Pacific Harbour, FIJI)

I'll miss your pertinent and witty comments, Jack – but looking forward to your input on this last leg. Reagrds, Sue

181. Mary Stewart

What I will miss the least is hearing about Hillary Clinton. m As an older woman, I am disappointed in the way she has handled the end of things. Let's hope she will give up her delegates now, otherwise, she is not finished and will destroy the convention. I don't trust her at all.

182. Lynn In Mo.

I don't know what I'll miss the least, but I'll miss the "Obama girl' ads, the Mike Gravel ads and Jeanne Moos's(?) angle on everything the most.

183. Sharon----Houston, Texas

Jack, what I will miss the least is the Clinton campaign moving the goal post every other day. Thank heavens it is over!!

184. James R Stanton

No question about what I will mss the least: The constant droning and empty phrases of media "talking heads" as they fill hour-after-hour with speculation, guesses and pure nonsense trying to avoid dead time when there are absolutely NO facts to report!....yet, we continue to watch and listen for fear of missing true breaking news!

James Stanton
    Pine Knoll Shores, NC

185. Tomas H from Hollywood, FL

Cafferty whining about it.

186. Corey

I will miss everything least.

187. Oyenike from lagos Nigeria

Will definitely miss the best political team analysing the whole clinton obama situation. its been very interesting. the situation room has become my favourite show since. I hope the show continues after november.

188. veronica

you!

189. Will, San Jose, CA

The fact that in a time or war, where American citizens are dying in another country, we were treated to hours or commentary on lapel pins and pant suits.

One can only hope with the extremely different positions of the two candidates left, we can focus on what they plan to do instead of how old they are or what church they might attend.

June 6, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  190. Jamie from Fort Worth, Texas

I'll miss least the pundits always getting wrong when making predictions (McCain is dead in the water, Hillary Clinton will be the democratic nominee). Hopefully they've learned their lesson and will hold their tongues but I guess I'm an idealist.

June 6, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  191. Elizabeth

What I'll miss the LEAST is cnn OBSESSING about the campaign to the EXCLUSION of all other News!!

The Bush Junta is using this as a Smoke Screen to sneak All SORTS of nefarious policies past the American Citizenry!

June 6, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  192. Ed from Durango, Colorado

There is really nothing I will miss about the primaries. I am happy they are finally done. Gee, what will the talking heads have to talk about now???????

June 6, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  193. Steven Dziekonski from Pittsburgh

No offense to John King, but I will not miss seeing him pointing to and manipulating that map while providing interminable “what if” scenarios. It’s a cool piece of technology, but just there are just so many different possible outcomes we can listen to before we start to tune out.

June 6, 2008 at 6:30 pm |
  194. betty

Hi,
    I live in Ontario canada. Hillary tried to rain on Obama's parade. What happens in the U.S.A. is important to Canadiens. I love the patrotism of our neighbours to the south. Obama is great as a person. I never looked at an individual as anything but a person. Hillary Clinton is all about Hillary. I hope Obama looks at someone like Huckabee because he seems sincere and honest. Obama do what is best for the U.S and that is not Hilary Clinton. Yours Truly Betty Anne

June 6, 2008 at 6:30 pm |
  195. Al

What will I miss? It was drawn out horribly, and the Democratic Party has been critically wounded. Nothing. Abso-Smurfly-Nothing.

Now we have people on each side calling each other racists and feminists and gun-totalers and elitists and cheaters and liars and Obama-bots and Chilleries and...well...it's just been awful.

I'm a Democrat...first and foremost. Can we all just get back to business? We honor no one...especially ourselves...if we allow this to tear ourselves apart: that's the Republicans job. Does everyone REALLY want four more years of a Republican regime?

June 6, 2008 at 6:30 pm |
  196. Nick

Watching broadcasters struggle with touch screen tvs. Maybe by the general election we can have Madden doing county-by-county. btw – does Blitzer breathe?

Nick
    Indy

June 6, 2008 at 6:30 pm |
  197. BILL ANDREWS

Hey Jack, i think it is sad that we had a president that started with a trillion $ in surplus, and not only spent that, but spent another 2-3 trillion, now he gets to retire with full benefits,riding around his ranch singing Happy Trails.The gov. should sieze his ranch give him 3 days to vacate the primises sell the place and divide the money between the 4000+ families who lost sons, daughters, fathers and mothers.The way it stands now he loses nothing for lying to the country about Iraq.

June 6, 2008 at 6:31 pm |
  198. Mike From Back East

I won't miss the twisting of facts and blowing things out of proportion.

Must admit, I loved seeing Fred Thompson go nowhere with a "nothing" platform. No new ideas. No change. Just a Stay the Course guy who really had NOTHING, and the idiot came late to the party to boot.

June 6, 2008 at 6:31 pm |
  199. Winkzilla, Tucson

Turning on the television.

June 6, 2008 at 6:31 pm |
  200. fred eastwood

not hearing wolf blitzer ask the same questions over and over and over,ect
    fred
    south carolna

June 6, 2008 at 6:31 pm |
  201. sami

bosnia

June 6, 2008 at 6:31 pm |
  202. Tim in SF

I know I won't miss that nauseous feeling I got every time I turned on the news...although it won't actually go away until after Nov. The stomach turning hasn't truly even begun.

June 6, 2008 at 6:31 pm |
  203. Grace in California

I will not miss the a candidate's husband's gaffe of the day.

I will not miss some private citizen behaving badly and through some elaborate connection be linked to the candidate.

I will not miss Obama having to remind people that if the owner of a dry cleaner he patronized 20 years ago has recently become a vegetarian, that does not mean Canididate Obama is anti-American Cattle Growers, nor is he against American beef eaters, nor does that speak to his party's political platform, nor does that mean there is a conspiracy to pour money into technology that moves this country away from fossil fuel which by some remote twist is linked to Islam and Al Queda which, by extension, makes him a threat to America. Whew....

The spin about who or what and somehow that is pivotal to a campaign is beyond silly. I will miss this the least!

June 6, 2008 at 6:32 pm |
  204. Mel TX

I'll miss the least:
    the education on the dark side of human ego. (Hillary)

I'll miss the most:
    the education I received on my fellow Americans. It's been truly fascinating as to who we are
    – the youth with their arms stretched wide in wanting a new and bright world;
    – the older women who want their redemptive day in politics to heal old wounds;
    – that apparently I'm a latte-sipping, 43 yr white woman elitist;
    – African-Americans who couldn't quite trust that "one of them" would be elected;
    – the fact that I realized that I'm actually not a Republican-I have no idea what who they are now;
    – if I had to move to another state, I know I'll probably fit in to those who voted for Obama.
    – that some churches preach hate, and that America has many pockets of groups throughout its land that are being left behind are are thus afraid of anyone not like themselves-and that really scares me.

June 6, 2008 at 6:32 pm |
  205. jimmy

The STUPID Caucuses... meaningless and the most undemocratic method by far.

I hope we've learned. Like Wolf said on Tuesday night, Obama has the Caucuses to thank.

June 6, 2008 at 6:32 pm |