April 24th, 2008

Is Clinton deluding herself?

Click the play button to see what Jack and our viewers had to say.

Click the play button to see what Jack and our viewers had to say.

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

"I won the states that we have to win." That's Hillary Clinton after winning the Pennsylvania Primary on Tuesday. She also said it would be hard to imagine a Democrat winning the White House in the general election without winning states that she has won like Ohio and Pennsylvania. True enough, but she's not the only Democrat who can win those states.

And at the end of a six week bruising battle for Pennsylvania, Hillary gained a grand total of ten delegates.

Barack Obama still leads Clinton by about 130 delegates and will likely get those ten right back in North Carolina regardless of what happens in Indiana.

The New York Times points to surveys showing that Obama could draw the same majorities from blue-collar voters against McCain as Clinton would in a general election. National polls also show that Obama does slightly better among groups that have typically voted Republican in the past like men, those who are wealthy, and independents, suggesting he might actually do better in the big states than Clinton.

Some analysts even suggest that Obama is better poised than Clinton in the general election to win in states that typically go to Republicans. State like Colorado, Iowa, Missouri, and Virginia- all of which he won in the primaries.

These ideas are surely not lost on the remaining uncommitted superdelegates. Clinton trails in pledged delegates and popular vote, not including Florida and Michigan, as well as number of states won, and she is rapidly losing her edge in superdelegates. Recent polls also suggest more than half the country doesn't trust her.

Here’s my question to you: Is Hillary Clinton deluding herself about her chances for the nomination?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Jim from Michigan writes:
I read a satirical piece months ago entitled "Does Hillary have what it takes to destroy the Democratic Party?" Rather than satirical, it’s proving prophetic. I genuinely liked and admired Bill Clinton, although I was never a fan of hers. Now I don't want any part of either of them. It’s sad to watch the self-destruction and delusion.

Darcy writes:
She may get the nomination but in doing so, she has stolen my hope. I tear up when I think of what we could have had if winning had not become more important than bringing people together. I guess that is what being a Democrat is all about.

Jake from South Bend, Indiana writes:
Why is it that every time she wins you start running 'why-wont-she-quit' stories? She just roundly defeated Obama in a high-profile rough-and-tumble battle. That is why she is more electable. It’s not about the "math". Not that this solves her math problem and she is still unlikely to be the nominee, but she has earned the right to fight as long as she wants.

MG from New York writes:
She's not deluding herself...she's trying to delude voters, superdelegates and the Democratic Party. Somewhere deep down, she knows that just like her trip to Bosnia – this is just another self-created fantasy. As a voter, rather than being annoyed or angry with her, I'm kind of enjoying hearing another fantastical spin. I can't wait for the new spin after May 6th primaries. What do you think she would say then – "let's count all of the Iraqi votes in my favor"!

Doon from California writes:
Without question and I've even gone so far as mailing correspondence to her campaign headquarters letting them know how much of a disappointment she is. I may be an Obama supporter but furthermore, he too is deluded if he or the Democratic Party thinks they'll be unified following the conduct of Hillary Clinton if and when this ever ends. I wouldn't want someone to pour water on her if she was on fire. McCain will get my vote, period.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Brent Garrison, Woodlawn, IL

Jack, no she's not. Her campaign believes that if she stays in the race long enough and Obama can't land that knockout punch, than those dreaded ""Superdelegates" will rally to her and sweep her into the nomination. Deluded, no. Pathetic, yes. Talk about the "Un-Democartic" party.

April 24, 2008 at 2:11 pm |
  2. Deanna, Katy Texas

No Jack she's too busy taking money from her supporters to pay off the debts her campaign has incurred. She has had 2 objectives since she learned FL and MI would not stand. To get her debt paid off ( notice she has not been able to do so) and to ruin Senator Obama for November so that she can run against McCain in 2012.
    She's politically savy. She knows the numbers.

April 24, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  3. Sandra

Hillary is deluding herself and her supporters into thinking she won states that she agreed in the beginning were disqualified in the primary like Michigan. She can't be trusted and is trying to change the rules to her benefit.

Hillary has lost the delegate race and is now trying to do deals and force rule changes. She is so disingeneous it almost borders on pathological.

April 24, 2008 at 2:14 pm |
  4. Obama Mama in Boston

Yes Hillary is deluding herself now about her chances. She didn't expect Obama to surpass her on super Tuesday and beyond. She is trying to ruin Obama's bid with all of her mud slinging tactics. If she really cared about the country and the Democratic Party she would with draw and let the presumtive nominee Obama prepare for November. She is aiding and abeting the Republicans.

April 24, 2008 at 2:15 pm |
  5. Amy in Woodstock, NY

Hillary knows she has lost the delegate race. What she is hoping is that she can delude the public into thinking that she can win. She is trying to change the rules in the middle of the game. And if we the voters go with Hillary logic, then we are the ones who are delusional.

April 24, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  6. Levenia

Yes, Clinton is deluding herself about her chances. She is behind in delegates, behind in the popular vote, and behind in states won. She is very much disllusional. How can she win?

April 24, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  7. Mike S., New Orleans, Louisiana

Hillary Clinton is either deluding herself, or else she's the greatest actress in history. No Jack, I sincerely believe she plans on getting the nomination by hook or by crook.

April 24, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  8. Joe in DE

Clinton certainly has a chance, so dose Obama In very unusual year, it is even posible that someone else will get the nomination. Seems attractive.

Some advise to Obama supporters: don't make the popular vote the determing factor...

Among the two, I put a great deal f wight on where the money is coming from – lests have full disclosure NOW. Frankly, I do not believ that Obama gets most of his money from small individual contributions – if he proves this, I might support him.

April 24, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  9. Jim from BC

Hillary did not beat a Republican in the primaries that she won, she beat a Democrat.

One on one versus any Republican, Obama wins hands down.

April 24, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  10. Edith Carol Price

Jack,
    I don't think so...if she watches the FOX channel she'll get better coverage. That should help or better yet be like Bush and don't watch TV. I'm giving up CNN for two weeks and just reading your blog.

Edith Carol
    Springfield, OR

April 24, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  11. jeff

jack,please help me out cause i dont understand the claim of winning a big states makes u have a better chance to win in novermber, i thought by the end of the day its democrats who made her won the big states so the same thing will be for a democrat nominee no matter who will be.Voters will just punish themselves for not voting for obama just because they wanted Hilary and vice versa.

April 24, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  12. Dian

Of course she is. We all know that the race is over except for her. Michigan and Fla. won't count. It is time for the straight jacket. Oh, and one more thing can you talk with your colleagues and let them know it is okay for them to use their brains and not repeat the delusions of Hillary. This race is not close, it is over!

April 24, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  13. P. Davis, St. Louis

Yes, she is very delusional.

She is really banking on Bill’s connections and his loyalist. The spin on popular votes, delegates, Michigan, Florida, the delusional math figures are all just the typical Clintonites distractions, to prevent people from focusing on they’re backroom and under the table deals as they sell their souls and our country to the first available buyers.

April 24, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  14. Sam in Indiana

Hillary is not deluded. She knows that she can't win the delegate race. Her strategy is to help McCain win by totally kneecapping Obama. She could care less about the democratic party. Her plan is to destroy Obama since she can't win now and to come back and run again in 2012.

April 24, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  15. Laura

My hopeful self says, "Yes – people will see through the ever-shifting, self-serving, and increasingly ludicrous metrics."

My cynical self says "No – she may actually be right that people are blind enough to buy into her sound-bites, slogans, and slinging of muck."

But, if she wins by convincing the Party that it should change the rules in the middle of the game, or by convincing the superdelegates to override the will of the voters I will never contribute another penny to the Democratic party.

I hope, for now.

April 24, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  16. Melanie Sandusky Ohio

Jack,

If Hillary Clinton is as intelligent as people are saying, then no, she is not deluding herself, she is trying to delude the American people. Going by the polls, among the "less educated" voters, the delutions are woking!

April 24, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  17. Rosalynd Florida

She is delusional and the Media should stop supporting her fantasy. She can not win the nomination and stealing it will not make her a viable candidate in the general. It is so over.

April 24, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  18. Tom, Avon, Maine, The Heart of Democracy

I doubt it. She's not stupid, just selfish.

Lee Lawler says this is a point in time when we all need to start thinking of our children and grandchildren. I hope she is listening.

April 24, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  19. Mark - Asheville, NC

The NYT can say what it wants, but Tuesday in PA, blue collar, rural and small town voters went for Hillary by huge margins (as reported by your own colleague, John King). If Obama is nominated, and he can not win these groups in November, especially in PA, then he loses. He HAS to win PA. No ifs ands or buts, he has to.

There is little doubt she could win them, so no she is not deluding herself – at some point the super delegates will have to acknowledge this. The next President will be either Hillary or McCain, and no amount of pushing Obama will change the fact that he is not electable.

April 24, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  20. Patricia

Jack, I don't think she's deluding herself. She is a strong woman who is proving to this Nation that she is strong. The people that have been delusional has been the entire NEO-CON Movement & the Bush Administration. Those are the people that need a Thorizine drip!!!
    Patricia
    Palmdale, Ca.

April 24, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  21. Mwita (Los Angeles, CA)

Deluding herself is putting it mildly. When ever she is done in politics, Hillary Clinton could have a promising carrier playing Texas Hold'em. She could convince an entire poker table that a pair of 2's beats a full house.

April 24, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  22. Larry from Georgetown, Tx

Mrs. Clinton unfortunately is delusional in many areas of what's really important. I think she must have taken a new math course when she was in Bosnia, just like the math she is using about how much money she has in the bank for her campaign. Her trust level is rapidily approaching the current Presidents approval ratings.

April 24, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  23. Bob from Traverse city Mi.

Of course she is Jack and her conveluted math is her attempt to delude the public. What is she gonna do next, change the rules so the yankees get four outs every inning. Her campaign tactics are just disgusting more and more voters and her "hate index" is gonna continue to grow!

April 24, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  24. Bruce St Paul MN

"If you count votes like I do" she said yesterday. That was a very revealing moment. She is willing to count votes that don't count, she is angry with any former supporter who goes to the Obama side. She is making the fallacious argument about winning big states. She is doing all she can to prove that Obama is unworthy and unelectable. If she is successful in doing so, the superdelegates won't come running to her side, they will grovel at the feet of Al Gore and beg him to step in and save the party from itsself.

April 24, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  25. Jed from Chico, CA

Frankly, short of Obama landing himself in jail, Clinton has virtually no chance of winning the nomination. All that she has left are superdelegate arguments, and that means that 3 out of every 4 remaining unpledged delegates has to go her way. If 3 out of 4 dentists can't agree that you should chew sugarless gum, then 3 out 4 superdelegates aren't going to agree that Obama has no chance of winning California or New York and be just as competitive as Clinton in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

April 24, 2008 at 2:50 pm |
  26. Jeff from Sycamore, IL

Jack, I don't know if this means anything to anyone but myself, but I did a little calculation from each of the states that have voted thus far and I wanted to see who would have the most -pledged delegates if it were a winner-take-all contest in each Democratic Party primary and caucus.

Totalling the votes I get:
    Clinton 1,528
    Obama: 1,251

It is amazing to me that even going about things this way we would still be a long way from picking a winner!

April 24, 2008 at 2:50 pm |
  27. Jim, Kansas

Hillary is so dillusional that it hurts me to watch her rallies. I guess she hopes the Super Delegates like Mario Cuomo will tell O. that if he wants the nomination, he will have to agree to let Hillary be his
    Vice President. I would be shocked if she drops out of the race before the last primary is over.

April 24, 2008 at 2:50 pm |
  28. Barbara E Lofton

If Obama is not on the ticket , McCain will be the next president.

April 24, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  29. Carol c.

Of course she is deluding herself, but it seems like there are plenty of the strategists that keep saying "don't count her out". I could literally scratch a hole in my head from trying to figure out the math for her winning. We should worry about our country who obviously don't know how to do math. He has won–she can't catch him and would serve herself and the democratic party well if she would just be realistic. Everytime she gets on television and starts that high-pitched shrill I just shutter to think about her talking to the leaders of other countries that way–kind of like Bush does when people don't agree with him!

Be a bigger person, Hillary, and show some class!!

Carol C
    Knoxville, TN

April 24, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  30. chryssa

Absolutely. But I think we should let her enjoy her fuzzy math for a few days. On May 6th, Obama will be back in the lead no matter who's counting, and it'll be all over for her. Again.

Boise, ID

April 24, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  31. tonyh

She is saying what she wants to hear herself because nobody else will say it. The reason? Because it is absurd. The worst blind person is the one who doesn't want to see reality. She's doomed. Her blows fall in the air. It is reaching the insanity stage. Time will tell. North Carolina and Indiana will shut her up for good.

April 24, 2008 at 4:00 pm |
  32. JS

Yes she is, and irrational too, she keeps changing the goalposts to see if one will fit!
    JS N.Carolina

April 24, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  33. Lynn from Tennessee

Jack,
    It sure seems to me as though she is deluding herself. How in the world can she can claim she has won the popular vote by including the votes from Florida and Michigan when they don't count because they chose to not count by violating the party rules, and where Obama wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan just shows how delusional she has become!

April 24, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  34. cozumelkid

Who cares?

April 24, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  35. MartaK-Florida

Did someone forget to tell Hillary that Ohio and PA went for Republican candidates the last two Presidential elections? And her saying that she has won the states that "matter" is a slap in the face to all the other states she apparently doesn't give a damn about....some Presidential material! She calls that being a unifying force?

April 24, 2008 at 4:02 pm |
  36. RLD

If she is not deluding herself she is trying to stay in long enough to recoup that 5 mil she loaned her campaign.

April 24, 2008 at 4:02 pm |
  37. Doug--Los Angeles, CA

I don't know why I'm even bothering to submit this, since you inevitably will not post it, given your sadly obvious anti-HRC bias. No, she is NOT deluding herself! Try & be a bit more objective, would you?

38. Harrisburg PA Voter

Not at all. Obama has, for all intents and purposes, handed the nomination to Clinton on a silver platter. It was his to win. By the same token, the Democrats have, for all intents and purposes, handed the Republicans the general election. It was theirs to win. Pardon me while I go snuggle up to my gun and my Bible.

39. Patricia L.

As Hillary Clinton said during the debate, "I'm a lot of things, but I am not stupid" – nor is she delusional. Hillary Clinton knows full well that she isn't going to get the nomination but she's going to make damn sure Obama doesn't win the election so she can come back in 2012 and say "I told you so". She's killing him with a thousand paper cuts.

40. Sever Bronny

Yes she is deluding herself, not to mention media pundits and fellow democrats. Her negative campaign will do nothing good for the democrats, or for the country. And in the end, Barak will still be nominated. For once, the good guy will win.

(P.S. my name is said Sever as in rhymes with never in case you decide to air my comment)

Thank you for telling the truth Jack.

41. Nicholas Singarella

Simply put, yes. If Clinton really cared about the democratic party and more importantly the nation, she would admit that Obama is clearly a stronger overall candidate. By giving him the nomination now, the democrats could spend the time and money organizing their efforts against McCain rather than fighting this battle for the remaining delegates and states. I believe that all democrats, including myself, would respect Hillary for stepping aside in the name of unifying the party and country.

42. Christine in Natchez, MS

She's transparent Jack.

43. Sheri

Jack...you've got to be kidding, right? You already know the answer to this question! If you look in the dictionary for the definition of dellusional, you'll find Hillary's picture as the only definition. She'd lied so much though, she can no longer tell the difference between a lie and the truth. As Judy Judy always says, "She wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit her in the behind!"

44. Ralston Chamberlain

She is not only deluding herself, she is also trying to deceive the American people and trying to be dishonest with them, by telling the people that she is ahead in popular votes, by counting Florida and Michigan. How dishonest and dillusional can she get. This is not Monaco, the Clintons are not heir to the White House. There is no law that says she should ascend to the throne. She is definitely deluding herself and trying to deceive the American people.

45. Jean Cifelli

Yes. She'll try to lie, cheat and steal the nomination if she can.

46. Lutishia

Senator Clinton's campaign is manufacturing the biggest spin yet this year in politics. If she actually believes she has a chance in Hades of being the Democratic nominee, she and Bill need to borrow a tune from the Temptations songbook and sing "it's just my imagination running away with me."

47. Jane Austin, TX

"Yes"...we know she does not "TELL" the truth, maybe she does not "think" it either.

48. Susan, Seattle

Jack, I'm not sure if she's deluding herself, but she is certainly trying to delude the superdelegates. There is no way she can win the nomination without them. Look at the facts:

She won PA by only 9.4% of the vote in spite of the fact that she ran as a "favorite daughter", had every political machine in the state campaigning for her, and threw enough mud to open a Pottery Barn.

The question is: Why is she trying to destroy the party?

49. brenda

she is not only delusional but arrogant enough to believe that she is entitled to the nomination. she stayed with Bill to get to the presidency and she can not believe that all this time and effort since monica has been for naught.

Brenda
    Wyncote, Pa

50. Richard; Henderson, NV

If she's not deluding herself, then I sure am deluding myself! The only way McCain gets my vote is if the superdelegates decide that the people are "wrong." If that's the case, why'd we have all of these primaries?

51. Terrell

Barack Obama could be being pledge into office and Hilary Clinton would then attack him on not reading the words correctly. She will never stop and you could tell her she is losing her life, Clintons will continue to fight

52. Margaret

My 7 year old could do the math. Why can not Hillary? Even if she does well it hard to beat a movement an Obama is a movement.

53. Patrick From Dallas, Texas

The simple answer is: Yes, yes, yes, and more yes. Her delusions require the acceptance of virtually uncountable primaries, and downsize the importance of the caucuses. Those legislatures knew what they were doing when they defied the DNC, and those voters who went and stood for their candidate at the caucuses deserve to have the same say as those who took five minute to punch a card!

54. Dr. Franklin Cacciutto

Hillary is not doing arithemetic. She is doing politics. She is staying in the race hoping that Barack will make a terrible mistake and leave her as the last candidate standing.

55. Tom Snyder

No she is not deluding herself, Florida and Michigan will count in the general election, unless Howard Dean figures out away to keep our votes from counting there too! Tom, Fla

56. Sally

She voted for a war that has moving goal posts, and she is moving the goal posts in her campaign DAILY. I am an Independent voter in Florida- I didn’t switch my affiliation or vote because I knew it wouldn’t count. It is truly to the point I don’t think I could stomach voting for her. What wil she try next? I am waiting for a volcano and sacrifice tactic.
    Sally, Jensen Beach FL

57. diane lake

Hillary is running for 2012, Jack. She knows she cannot win the nomination this time but, is staying in to insure she can create enough disruptions and damage the actual nominee, Obama, so she is able to run in 2012.
    Why else would Hillary be doing her best to smear her fellow democrat, to the delight of the republicans, so intensely.

58. Deborah Gardner

Yes . . . I know several Republicans in Texas who voted in the Democratic primary just so Hilary could win. They wanted her to win because they think that if she runs – they can win because so many Americans hate her and she will motivate the Republican base to go out and vote against her. If the Democrats make the mistake to nominate her – they will lose the general election.

59. David in Raleigh, NC

Hillary and Bill are approaching the Democrat Primary from the perspective that it's Hillary's god given right to run for President because her last name is Clinton.

Someone needs to tell Hillary not to take herself so seriously.

60. AndyZ Fairfax, VA

No, Hillary is not deluding herself at all. My candidate for poster child for special education, Howard Dean, has created the most implausible scenario. If Florida's and Michigan's delegates are really not seated then there is a possibility that neither candidate will reach the magic number to be nominated. So how many people really want this settled by "Super Delegates?" How does the Democratic Party explain to the voters in both Florida and Michigan that their votes do not count and will not count. I wish I had studied Law instead of Information Technology. I could keep this in litigation for years. Howard, congradulations, you have destroyed the Democratic Party. Howard, are you a closet NeoCon?

61. Paul Columbia, SC

She is her own worst enemy. This is just more of Bosnian snipers, Chelsea jogging, flip flopping on driver's licenses, "vast right-wing conspiracies", distorted Clinton thinking. Remember. "It depends on what is, is".

62. Karen

Yes she is deluding herself. Rendell said he would support Obama in the general election should he become the nominee. So does Carvell and Mayor Nutter and others. He would win Pennsylvania by a huge margin. Most Pennsylvanians think Obama will be the nominee, but they voted for her so that she would keep her dignity and go out gracefully. She should do just that and stop grandstanding.

63. mitchell robinson

She is deluding herself,and she is ruining the Democratic chances of the presidency. All of her arguments are overturned by 3 things; Obama has more pledge delegates, more popular votes and almost twice as many states. The party and it's supporters should be lining up behind Obama; he has weathered her attacks with poise, and he has support in demographics that could win for the Democrats in November.

64. Bill

Hillary is not deluding herself. It is more slash and burn politics. She is continuing her husband's policies. As a left wing Democrat, I tell my Republican friends I dislike Bill Clinton and like George Bush. When they ask why, I tell them that Bill Clinton destroyed the Democratic Party and George Bush is helping rebuild it. Hillary is continuing the destruction.

65. penny from MN

Hillary is deluding herself. Obama will get PA because Rendell said he would work for him. No one is talking about the African-American vote & how Clinton will carry that group after all of the insults & racist comments from her camp. Obama is not insulting women or men.

66. Mike

the Clintons are hardheaded realists. Hillary is not deluding herself about her chances. she wants to delude the voters and especially the superdelegates.

67. simon

Jack,
    this questions is on point. i never knew new mathematical formula can emerge from this election. Hilary is not ahead and yet thinks she is best suited for the white house. i use to support her but after the recent ad on Osama i decided enough is enough. She needs a long vacation and some medication to wake her up. she wants to be president by all means. if she ever gets the normination, that will be the end of the democratic party. i will not only support Mccain, i will never believe in the democratic system. She is a dreamer.

68. bretski

Jack,
    The single most important tell tale sign to look at is which of the two candidates, Hillary or Barack, attracts more Republicans and Independents in the open primaries. That is the only blueprint that has any resemblance to voter behavior in the general election in November. It will and has always been about the swing.

69. Oona

She is trying to delude us.

70. Janie

Jack, if you want the truth from North Carolina and not the Obama spin,,,the fact is, he will probably win the Primary, but he will not win the general election. Many conservative Democrats and all Republicans will turn out big time to vote against Obama far more than they would vote against Senator Clinton. She has a chance in the general election here, because those conservative Democrats and a good % of the military will vote for her. So will I...both times.

71. Steve K.

I remember the "old math", learned the "new math", but I want to tell you Jack, I am not buying the "Clinton math." And neither will America.

72. John M. - Aurora, CO

Absolutely she is deluding herself. Not only that, but her blind ambition is likely to harm the Democratic Party in the Fall election. She is single-handedly providing all the arguments and commercials for the republicans to use against Obama. They don't have to spend a dime to ascertain his weaknesses or determine the arguments that should be used against him. If she becomes perceived as the main reason why Obama were to lose in November, don't be surprised if she were to be defeated for re-election to the US Senate, next time she is up. And finally we'd be rid of the Clintons,

73. A Patel

How can you say she is behind in popular vote, don't you care about us Floridians or the people in Michigan, if you count both the states votes, she is not behind in popular vote, it just seems you meida pundits are hell bent on getting her out of the race. It aint over till the fat lady sings and that would be all the states voting! She is not deluding yourself, rather you media pundits are who think with a 100% certainty that Obama will be the nominee! what does she have to do to shut you guys up! She won Texas, Ohio, PA all of which were make or break for her and she certainly won!!!!!!!!

74. Cathy from Baltimore, MD

Hillary Clinton may or may not be deluding herself, but she and her husband are certainly hard at work attempting to delude the American public - especially undecided voters. This new Clinton math has most of us baffled, but the Clintons - being quite good at convincing some people that the earth is flat - will keep chipping away until they've exhausted themselves ... and us. The bottom line: In the world according to Clinton, "it depends on what your definition of win is." Buyer beware.

75. Sinéad Martin

The Clintons, both Hillary and Bill are as arrogant as politicians get, and Hillary feels entitled to the Presidency, and she and Bill will do ANYTHING to get her elected.

However, the numbers are impossible for her, and I am actually worried to see how far they will go to get her elected.

76. David in Raleigh, NC

Ya Think?

77. Oscar

Yes she is deluding her self just the rest of the PA so called Working class people who say one thing and vote differently especially 60yr old bitter voters

78. kay

She is waiting for Obama to implode...

79. quincy

I believe Clinton just in the race to say she didnt give up. The numbers are totally aganist her and there is no way she can make up the delegate count. If she was to get the nomination it would split te Democratic Party in half. Blacks, young voters and wealth people with Obama and White, older voters, and working class people with Clinton. This election could cause a rippling effect that could effect generations to come. This is a 50 state election and you are going to need all of them to win in November.

80. Sylvia Hampton

Yes, she is. She cannot believe that this skinny guy with the big ears is just as smart as she is, just as carismatic as Bill and just as attractive to the voters as the two Clintons put together.

81. Deanna Woodham

Yes, but it would seem that she is spinning her position in order to sway the superdelegates. I think that she should be told by the Democratic Party not to use negative ads against her opponent.
    She is destroying the chances for Senator Obama, who will probably be the nominee, to win in the general election. I watch Fox News also to hear what the Republicans are stating. They claim that if Hillary can go negative against Obama, they certainly will.

82. Dorothy

Jack, YES, YES, YES!

83. Anthony in Ruston, Louisiana

Clinton will need to win by HUGE margins in both North Carolina AND Indiana in order to catch up with Obama in the democratic (small d) part of this contest, the pledged delegates. If Clinton loses by this metric, she will have HUGE issues trying to reverse the torrent of super delegates that has flown into the Obama camp. So, my answer is yes, she is deluding herself.

April 24, 2008 at 4:14 pm |
  84. D. Casey Sebastopol, CA.

yes..... yes...... yes.

Wow, finally you guys are asking the right questions! All this BS about why can't Obama carry the big states and/or can't close the deal...

Those have always been self-delusional arguments that Clinton has put forth, in the same way that she's kept changing the measure of what stands for winning or what type of election or state really counts!

The woman just can't stand it that she isn't entitled to win, whatever the results are. Winning 55% of PA. in the Democratic primary *does not* indicate that she OR Obama will necessarily win that state in the General, though I think that Obama could. As for closing the "deal"... where has she done so? She's behind in every single measure.

Thanks for asking the right question, Jack!

85. Lillian Weissman

She still has a chance and I think you are biased

86. Val Dillman

Yes Jack,
    She is not only deluding herself but more importantly, she is showing the democrats how little respect she has for our party's ablility to win in the fall against the republicans.
    I hope the super delegates are taking into account her disgraceful, tone death behavior. I am at this point so overwhelmed by her negative message of fear and loathing that I'm on my way out... of the party.
    thanks hillary. thanks a lot.

87. pat

she is the strongest contender and has every right to stay in the race . The media needs more honest reporting . Such a close race and no she should not quit and the only delusion is the reprting by the media

88. Jerry

Jack if it wasn't for the idiot of a governor we have in Florida that was going to show the DNC he would hold the primary when he wanted it, then Hillary would be ahead. I don't blame the DNC I blame Crist and the Republican leaders in Florida for going against the DNC rules just to show them they could. The democrats in Florida should go after Crist and vote the jerk out of office the next election. He is a true Bush, another great decider.

89. mark west kentucky

she keeps coming up with ideas of why shes loosing . like when my wife comes home and asks me why the house isnt clean.and like hillary i come up with every thing i can think of rather than telling the truth and saying that i just didnt clean.

90. Renee

Pretty much...the better question is Why isn't the tried and true well established experienced presidential machine Billary, not closing the deal against an unknown freshman senator? Looks like she is the one who needs to get out of the kitchen!

91. Jaye Feste

Hillary is not deluding herself. She knows exactly what she is doing. She knows Obama will be the nominee, but she wants to do everything she can to see that he loses in November. That way she can "save" all of us in 2012.

92. Jason

Without a major slip by Obama, there is no way Hillary ends up the nominee without destroying the democratic party. PERIOD! Seems a compelling reason enough for her to consider for her party and the country, a gracious exit after the North Carolina and Indiana primaries

Jason
    Waterloo, Ont

93. Gailee Striegel

Of course she's not deluding herself, Jack. She's trying her darndest to delude the rest of the world though!

April 24, 2008 at 4:15 pm |
  94. Steve (from New Jersey)

I think it's pretty clear that Obama built his delegate lead before anyone was really familiar with him and before the press was willing to even say anything mildly negative about him. The more people see and hear him, and the more they see who he associates with, the more uncomfortable they are about him. If many of the ealry states voted now, he's likely lose many of them. It's not Hilary, but rather the democrat elitists who are deluding themselves. If Obama gets the nomination, he will lose in one of the biggest landslides in American history.

95. Robin from North Carolina

No, Hillary isn't delusional, it's the people that want to place this nation into the hands of an inexperienced radical like Barack Obama that I find totally delusional.

96. George Beshay

Jack,

She is right about her chances and you are wrong .

Jack , remember that neither she or Obama can win the nomination,

so now it is the electability.... and as she now has the momentum and it seems that Obama is fading so she will look more elect6able and she will be nominated.

97. CHERYL

Not only is she deluding herself but she is also trying to destroy Obama. she reminds me of school children who when they cannot win would rather the whole class lose just so they are not better then her. she is a mean bitter worman

98. Sam

Hillary Clinton is just another Mike Huckabee.

99. Lee

"The small states don't matter, I won the big states, i was under sniper fire during my visit to bosnia."
    I think these statements by Hilliary proves that she may be just a tad bit delusional, crazy, take your pick.

100. John

I think not only is she deluding herself but she has obviously decided that she is willing to go Kamikazee style, destroy herself and the party, in trying to wrestle the nomination away from obama, only to lose in November with a 70 untrustworthy rating. Everyobody thinks PA was such a big win, I look at it another way. With the governor & all the mayors support plus the negative campaigning, plus the Wright story, plus the bitter comments, plus the fact that the state was made for her with her roots there etc, a 25 point lead and she still only won by 10 points! Based on what happened she should have won by 35, no ?

John

101. Shanetti

Jack, yes she is deluding herself and trying to influence that same off thinking on others.

102. Nate H

Clinton is deluding herself, she believes that the presidency should be given to her. she needs to read between the lines and stop giving the democrats a bad name.

103. Sondra

I suspect Hillary is counting on calling in favors to swing the remaining supers her way. Her claims that she has won all the big states and thus is the one most likely to win in the general is misleading at best. Do we really think all those died-in-the-wool Democrats who voted for Hillary are going to vote for McCain who stands for everything they don't? I don't think so. If anything, those independents and Republicans that switched over for Obama are far more likely to vote for McCain.

104. Sandra

Hillary reminds me of a person who is trying too hard to convince herself that she can do this. I am one of the potential voters who cannot vote for her because try as hard as I might I do not trust her. When I listen to her say again and again, "I care about you and your problems," my mind does not buy it. If she does become our President, I hope I am wrong about my opinion. However, my vote is with Barack Obama. By the way, I am a 70 year old white woman who does not fit in those little boxes you TV experts like to use.

105. diane jackson

Hillary is not deluding her self; she just deluding others. Weapons of mass distraction. She hoping no one will notice what is really going on. Hey it worked once on Iraq and very well I might add.

106. Sanda

Absolutely she is. But, then she is a person that creates realities. She is unable to face or tell the truth.
    She is pathological!
    Telling her she cannot make it is a waste of time. She lives in FANTASY LAND- just like she remembers Bosnia- oh so well!

107. LT

Hillary who???

108. Robert

I have a difficult time believing that republican men would vote for Obama given his liberal voting record and limited experience in government.

109. stacy page

No, she isn't deluding herself, but she is doing a great job of deluding the media and the American public.

110. Randolph

We have seen so many faces of Hillary during this campaign that it is possible that one of her many selves actually believes she has a chance to win. She believed that she was under Sniper fire in Bosnia when comedian Sinbad seem to remeber calm. She believes we should provide a nuclear umbrella of protection for our friends in the mid east. I would say that her connection with reality might be suspect these days.

111. Corinne

No. She's trying to delude everyone else!

112. Dave

Yes! She keeps touting that she's "winning the states we have to win", but within those "blue" states, she loses to Obama in almost ALL of the "blue" counties... Look it up. If anyone thinks the Democrats will lose California, New York or Massachusetts this year... they must be delusional. The number of delegates in Ohio would easily be trumped by Obama's potential in Virginia, Iowa, Missouri and Colorado.

113. Stephanie

Hillary Clinton is not only deluding herself, but she is also deluding the people who are supporter her, and continuing to push for them to finance her eventual failure. It's unfortunate.

114. John Huismann

Yes, definitely. Hillary is just for Hillary, not what's best for the Democratic Party. If she really cared about her Party, she would have dropped out when it became apparent that she could not surpass Obama in votes, delagates or states. If she is successfull in her quest to rob Obama of the nomination, McCain will win the election. Most people in this country don't trust her, especially after watching her performance against Obama.

115. Lateefah Ca

I believe that she's sleep walking this is all a dream, Elect Chelsea for VP. Wake up Hillary you need more money.

116. Mwariama Kamau

Yes, Hillary is deluded and desperate. Doctoring numbers only entertains her die hard supporters. It annoys everyone else.

If she behaves nicely, maybe Mr. Obama will offer her a cabinet position to help her regain the trust of the American people.

117. Chad - Saginaw, MI

It is we who are deluding ourselves if, when all is said and done, we think the nomination will end up with anyone besides Hillary Clinton. Over the last 30 or so years Washington has become more of an Aristocracy than the Republic it was intended to be.

118. Kamyar Kadivar

She is not only deluding herself but also hurting the democratic party's unity by creating a hostile environment with negative campaigning. If the remaining 300+ superdelegates that have not annouced their support yet, were to support Obama today, his delegate count will go over 2025. It is time to end this campaign and focus on Mccain and how to ensure republicans will be out of the office in 2009. What is a black man to do to get some respect. K2 from DC.

119. Heather MC

Is Hillary Clinton deluding herself about her chances for the nomination?

Very much so, no matter how she trys to slice it the deciding factor is delegate count. She can not cut into Obama's lead with only 408 delegates left in the up coming primaries.

Her supposed hope is to appeal to the SD's that she can win certain states over Obama

But here is the reality if Hillary were to override the will of the people and some how get the Super delegates to back her for the Nomination
    The Democrats can kiss the "black vote" goodbye.

All this talk of can Obama win the White vote? The real question should be does Hillary think the black vote will blindly follow her if she steals this election from Barack?
    Answer NO!

April 24, 2008 at 4:17 pm |
  120. mitchell martin ark.

of course she is,jack. but worse than that,she's deluding her constituency,to try to raise extra money to pay her bills.

121. Charlie Brooks

First of all Jack you are my hero. You remind me of my Army Colonel. He always tell it like it is. Yes, Hillary is deluding herself because there is no possible way for her to win and she knows that. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought this primary was about who gets the most delegates not the popular votes. It is amazing to see a grown inteligent woman in denial. Thanks . Keep up the good work.

122. Todd

Every Democrat who votes for Clinton is deluding themself if they think she is electible in the general election. Although I'm a Republican, I think the real dream ticket for the Democrats would be an Ombama/Richardson ticket. He brings the substance that Obama is perceived to lack.

123. Cruz R

I don’t think she is thinking that at all, I actually think she is trying to divide the party and bruise it so much that by the time Nov comes along, McCain wins and she can run again in 4 years instead of 8 where she will be around McCain’s age....conspiracy theory?...maybe ...but what else can explain what she is doing? Lying, trying to re-write the rules in the middle of the game after she agreed, etc. Why hasn’t anyone asked her why she is really still running when she cannot overcome the delegate count and cannot overtake him even counting Florida where Obama’s name was on the ballot? Someone needs to ask this question and she needs to be truthful and stop playing Jedi mind games with words…we are grown people not kids she can manipulate.

Obama 08

124. Joel Block

In order to win the nomination, Senator Clinton needs the Obama campaign to suffer a major collapse. She will not win if the remaining primary and caucus elections result in Senator Obama receiving a majority of the delegates selected by Democratic voters. This is the likely result even if Senator Obama's totals are 25% less than predicted. Therefore, the only way she is not deluding herself about her chances is if she is planning a last-minute "summer surprise" for Senator Obama a la Reagan's October surprise for President Carter in 1980.

125. Denis, Inwood WV

No, she's a smart lady and she know's she can't win legitimately. She and Bill also know that she can't win in November if they get the nomination via the "smoke-filled rooms" – the Democratic Party would be in a shambles with no time to repair it. What she CAN do and is doing quite effectively is sabotaging Obama's candidacy to, hopefully for HER, prevent him from winning in the general election, giving her (in her mind at least) a chance to try again in 2012.

Look at history. The Clinton's didn't exactly lay it all out there to help Kerry in 2004 – they were looking forward to this election to get back to the White House. This time, instead of being "passive", they can, under the guise of "legitimate" and "tough" campaigning more actively work on behalf of their own personal interests.

Just like 2004, they are basically acting like children at play, and treating the Democratic Party as "their ball" – they are saying "if we don't play my way, I'm taking my ball and going home so no one can play!"

126. Linda

Hillary Clinton is deluded period.
    She thought she was being shot at.
    She thought she brought peace in Ireland.
    I think she has problems and is unfit to be President.

Linda from San Diego California

127. scott Brown

Hillary Clinton needs to drop out of the race because she has no chance of winning the nomination. She is not going to catch up in delegate count, popular vote or states won. The truth is that the Clinton clan doesn't understand the meaning of defeat, but the democratic party is in damage of splitting the party so bad that a democrat will not be able to win the White House for a decade.

128. Doris, Pgh, Pa.

Yes,Yes,Yes!!! Hopefully she won't convince others to become delusional as well. Clinton is trying to keep hope alive. Wait a minute, isn't that what Obama's campaign is about? I am so confused.
    Why can't she just admit defeat and let Obama get on with his opposition to McCain.

129. Chris - Moreno Valley Ca

Yes, she is deluding herself, her campaign tries to consistantly distract with things like how much money she raised after PA, of course we haven't heard how much Obama raised, but look at how many Super D's he's picked up after PA, those are the numbers that really count in the Primary, now let's look at the accounting practices of each campaign and who is deeply in debt. $3.5M won't even put a dent in her debt., yet it will pay off Obamas and still give him $2.9M to run ads against her, run your campaign right before trying to run the country and our economy

Obama 08 or maybe McCain who knows

130. Earl Oz

Not only is she deluding herself, she is doing it with a peculiar logic. She applies logic for the moment that is patently indefensible. I used to havemore respect for her in the past, she should be concerned beyond this presidential campaign, and worry about her political future. Keep this up and dog catcher in Chappaqua could prove illusive.

131. kathy

Yes, and she is trying to delude people that are to stupid to realize it.
    kathy

132. wade in IL

Yes and attempting to delude the public at the same time. I belive the term is cognitive dissonance.

133. Victoria

Yes she is deluding herself and the American people. She doesn't care about us she just care about winning no matter who she hurts or lie. i know that this is politic, but to hurt your own party it no good.

134. Maria - Wylie, TX

Yes, I thnk she is delluding herself as well as being deceitful to the American people. Hillary is more concerned with her own ambitions and not those of our country. Since the Super delegates will eventually be the ones deciding this thing, they need to step up to the plate & end this thing now, before she does even more harm to the party, & makes it impossible for the democrats in November. The prize is the White house in November, & she seems to be more concerned about her self interests & not those of our country.

135. Martin

Jack the fat lady has sung, the contest is over. Hillary is in the land of OZ and also many reporters who keep saying the race is close. Its now a beauty contest she cannot win neither the delegates or the popular vote. They think its their party if its not them then they will blow it up.

136. Joann

She is deluding herself, as well as her supporters. It's just a money pitch. What makes her think that these so call big states won't vote for Obama in November, they all know that Mccain can not give them a 3rd Bush term. I don't understand why so many older voters voted for her in PA, Obama is the only one talking about securing their social security and not taxing them on it. Go figure she's deluded them as well.

137. LeRoy

Jack:

Hillary is not deluded; she is trying to delude the American people with her spin. Has any one asked is she really completely vetted and whether there are residual issues with her background that the Republican party will really exploit that would be worse than the Rev. Wright issue with Obama?

138. Donna Albany New York

Yes and it is time for her to stop coming up with new ways to win. She has less delegates, votes, and states won. I am tired of her saying she has won the important states. All States are important not just the largest. Maybe it is time for her to just exit the race before she shows her true colors. If she somehow gets the nomination because she convinces super delegates, I will vote for John McCain or just stay home.

139. Debbie Culpepper

Yes. As a former Republican, now supporting Senator Obama, I think she is the spin Queen. I cannot for the life of me understand how she gets the female vote just because she's female. I am an older (50ish), white female who will not vote for any candidate who is not trustworthy.

140. Zeka-jones - Ontario,Canada

Hey Jack, How does this look to you?

the big state myth (4.00 / 2)
    Consider the top 9 "big" states that have voted so far
    State . . . . . . . Obama . . . . . . . .Clinton
    California . . .2,126,000 . . . . . . .2,553,000
    Texas . . . . . 1,358,000 . . . . . . .1,459,000
    New York. . . . . 698,000 . . . . . . .1,003,000
    Illinois. . . . 1,302,000 . . . . . . . .662,000
    Ohio . . . . . . 982,000. . . . . . . 1,212,000
    Georgia . . . . . 704,000 . . . . . . . .330,000
    New Jersey. . . . 492,000 . . . . . . . .603,000
    Virginia . . . . 627,000 . . . . . . . .350,000
    Washington . . . 354,000 . . . . . . . .316,000

Total . . . . . 8,643,000 . . . . . . .8,487,000

I guess it's kind of obvious, but it's hard to be ahead in the popular vote if you don't win a lot of votes in the "big" states

141. John Bacon

Senator Clinton is the new Mike Huckabee, sticking around for a miracle that will never come.

Huckabee plays the bass guitar, Clinton plays the country. The only difference is the mud she flings at her party's candidate.

Boone, NC

142. Peter

Hillary is toast!

143. AcqB from Florida

Hi Jack,
    Hillary Clinton is definitely deluding herself. She obviously has never heard or better yet understood the old fable "the tortoise and the hare". Prior to Super Tuesday, she not only under estimated Sen Obama, but she under estimated the American people and there ability to make a decision.

Listen America we have had 8 years of delusional politics....Politicians who error in sound judgement and then refuse to admit when they are wrong. I personally don't want someone who have resulted to bruit tactics and misrepresentation of the facts representing me as President of my country.

144. Wayne in Seattle

She is deluding herself and the public. Anyone who thinks 4 states – Ohio, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Florida is the ticket to win the election is fooling themselves. Are they the only states in the USA? Last check, there are 50 states competing in the electoral process. Please correct me is the rules change.. It sure sounds like the rules are changing week to week. Jack, I am feeling disenfranchise..

145. Linda Manning

Jack, I watch the Situation Room every day and I enjoy your comments. I agree with you about 90% of the time or more but lately I must say I really feel like you have a bias against Hilary and it does come through. That irritates me because I am a supporter of hers and I worry that your bias will affect voters because I do think you are respected and your opinion is influential. Linda from Phoenix, Arizona.

146. DJ from Sacramento

Jack I don't know if Hillary is a republican or a democratic anymore. She has defiantly lost her mind. And not only that she is truly a disgrace to the democratic party.

147. Patrick

It is not Hillary that is deluding herself... It is Obama. The "truth" is that white middle class democrats will not vote for him. If one really looks at Ohio, Texas and Pennsylvania, Hillary won because although the blacks support Obama 9 to 1 it is not enough to overcome the white vote for her.
    McCain will swamp Obama in these and other states.

148. Jonathan

Hillary Clinton is deluding herself about everything. She claims to be bringing experience to her bid for the White House, but what she is really bringing is baggage; tons and tons of baggage. Here's the biggest problem for her and for the Democratic Party with Hillary in the race: She is REVILED by the Republican Party, and by most Republicans, which means a vote for Hillary is a vote for another four years of a deeply, deeply divided, partisan country. We can't afford another four years of division, and the Clintons simply have too much hatred surrounding them to bring the country together.

149. Earnest Harris

Hi Jack. I don't think Sen. Clinton is deluding herself at all. I think she is very aware that she has no chance of winning this election and this now is simply about her own agenda to position herself as the leader of the party going forth, that is after she destroys Sen. Obama's chances for winning in the general election. She is intent on making sure he cannot win against Sen. McCain, which will then allow her to be considered the frontrunner for the election four years later.

Sad, but this is likely all this is about now. You can't change the math. It speaks for itself. She knows that. Which is proof she has other motives.

150. Joan Marie Brooks

Yes, I believe Hillary should realize how much harm she is doing to her party by not acknowledging the great lead Obama has and how much better his chances are of winning the White House.

151. Ginny

Unfortunately, Hilary will probably manage to get the nomination. She will dig up something else on Obama right before the next primary. I really will vote for McCain if she's the one on the ballot in November. I will not fail to vote, I will turn on my party and support the Republican! That's how much I dislike and distrust Ms. Clinton. By the way, she should consult a stylist – way too many unflattering pantsuits!

152. Daniel Re

No, Senator Clinton is not deluding herself, or anyone else for that matter. When push comes to shove, we American’s want to know WHO we are voting for. Obama’s three and a half year record is simply not enough to go on and given the questionable associations that have come to light – (Reverend Wright, Weather Underground, elitist views, etc) – the nomination should ultimately go to Senator Clinton. We don’t know enough about Obama to give him the go ahead.

153. Velma

Yes, she is deluding herself. However, some believe repetition is the basis for truth. How many times do you have to repeat an untruth to make it true. I think its scary that over 50% of the country does not trust her and yet are voting for her. What does that say about America.

154. Chris from Rockford

I don't think it delusion, but she's certainly not helping the party. Unless it's found out the Obama has a relationship with furry farm animals or an unforeseen Act of God, she IS mathematically eliminated. For those idiots who use the 'every state counts' argument; they need to wake-up. While every state does counts, there are simply not enough [votes] left to count to surpass Obama's lead.

155. Amy FL

Lsten Jack.. He IS NOT ahead in the popular vote, Hillary is. Guess what it was his bright idea not to be on the ballot in Michigan, now he is using it as an excuse. Then his excuse in Florida was that he didn't campain there. Well I have got news for you he did! I live in central FL, not on the outskirts where an ad my have run by mistake, but CENTRAL FL! He ran ads constantly that just so happened to end the day after the election. And by the way Hillary ran none. He is the one who doesn't satnd a chance. The states he won will go rebulican, and if he is"more capable" than Hillary of winning the states we need than why hasn't he?

156. Diane M

It has been obvious for a long time that she is delusional. It has come as a shock to her that she has had to fight for something that she thought was rightfully hers, but the American people have stood up and said, not so. And to think of the audacity that someone like Barack Obama who in her eyes should have been shooed away like fly has been able to beat her at every turn.

Who is the winner here? Beside Obama, the American people. Our voices are rising above the crowd of Washington Insiders and Beltway Bleaters who have for so long lined their pockets on the ill-gotten gains of side deals and lobbyists who grapple at every bit of American dollars they can, taking away from the people.

We will continue to fight for a choice this election and not sit back idly so we can continue with the Bush legacy in the form of McBush or HRC.

Rocky and Billwinkle should just pack it up, and hear the voices of the people: GO HOME! We are taking our country back!

157. Lawrence

Jack, unfortunately the answer is no. The powerful Clinton political machine will force the super delegates to annoint Hillary with the nomination because it is "her turn" and he is "young and can run again." Politics as usual will justify the delegates ignoring the popular vote, the states won, and the pledge delegate totals and many young energized first time Democrats will feel disenfranchised and leave the party forever but Hillary won't care as long as she wins the nomination. Her ego is dividing the party. Republicans are praising her campaign ads and tactics.

Lawrence
    Victoria, Texas

158. Anne, Gig Harbor WA

To quote Senator Clinton herself, "Yes, yes, yes." This White, Catholic, middle-class woman and husband caucused for Senator Obama in February. My White, Catholic, middle-class parents and other family members can't wait to vote for Senator Obama next month in Oregon. Including my newly registered Democrat Aunt (Who has switched from an Independent) The math just isn't there for her. There really is no point for her to go on. She also is not counting Caucus States in her new 'count.' How is that possible?

159. Ali

I think Obama should step aside.
    No one knew him. Many have changed their minds about this man after hearing about Reverend Wright and his "elitist" attitudes.
    I know many on other blogs that have said if they knew what they knew now, they wouldn't have supported him. Some of them have even said that they wanted their money back.

April 24, 2008 at 4:19 pm |
  160. Sarah

Jack,

She's actually deluding the American people. Hillary Clinton knows she will not get the nomination. She's campaigning to destroy Barack Obama's chances against McCain believing Obama will lose. Her plan is to run in 2012 knowing her friend McCain will not stay in the White House for 8 years. The Clintons are always looking ahead to what's good for them, not the United States of America.

April 24, 2008 at 4:19 pm |