April 18th, 2008

What’s younger than John McCain?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

John McCain has been known to say he's "older than dirt" and has "more scars than Frankenstein."

If he wins, he will be 72 and the oldest president to ever serve a first term. McCain says his age is no big deal, but for purposes of giving the Cafferty File something light to end the week with, it is.

A Democratic operative has started a web site called "Younger than John McCain” Steven Rosenthal presents a short video that lists things younger than the Republican candidate including: FM radio, the Golden Gate Bridge, Coke in a can, Velcro, Pakistan, McDonald's and Burger King... to name a few.

Rosenthal tells the Washington Post, quote: "McCain comes from another time, an old war-horse stuck in the past with an old-world view of things." He says the videos are meant to show in a funny way how "out of touch and clueless he is."

The McCain camp had no comment on the video, which comes just after Congressman John Murtha, a Clinton supporter, said McCain is too old to be president.

With no disrespect intended and knowing John McCain himself has a terrific sense of humor, we ask the following:

What would you include on a list of things that are "younger than John McCain"?
Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Charles from Florida writes:
Jack, The space shuttle fleet is younger than McCain and it's going into retirement soon. Neil Armstrong's footprint on the moon is also younger than McCain and by some accounts the moon, too.

Joel writes:
The Iraq war, but not if McCain gets his way.

Dick from Indiana writes:
I am quite offended by this clearly age-related question. Obviously one thing that is younger than John McCain is the lack of decency at CNN and the immaturity of the whippersnappers who write these offensive questions.

Garrick from Clearwater, Florida writes:
Hi Jack, The first on the list is you, followed by jets, the space shuttle, women’s rights, civil rights, color TV, computers, the voting booth, his wife.

Karl from California writes:
Pampers, Depends, Tony the Tiger, the Edsel, Alaska and Hawaii and a good bottle of scotch.

James writes:
Hi Jack, I think Beethoven is younger than John McCain, I believe he's still “de-composing.”

Mike from St. Petersburg Beach, Florida writes:

Joshua from North Carolina writes:
He's older than: The Wizard of Oz, Disney, the People's Republic of China, the reign of Queen Elizabeth II, MTV, and the Internet.

Steve from Barstow, California writes:
All the women in Bill Clinton’s sex scandals.

Elena writes:
Jack Cafferty, You're like a hundred million years old. How dare you be ageist to a fellow old person?

Filed under: John McCain
  1. dennis north carolina

me,me and me and I'm still old.

April 18, 2008 at 1:52 pm |
  2. Shay

Hmmmm....That is a good question?..........Possibly the Bing Bang or even the Earth itself!!!

April 18, 2008 at 1:52 pm |
  3. Ryan, Woodbridge, Va

Everything except for our constitution probably..........Oh I forgot about his views on how to improve the economy. I believe those views have been around for a while and never really seem to work.

April 18, 2008 at 1:56 pm |
  4. Brian from Fort Mill, S.C.

What's younger than John McCain? Let's put it this way: When God said "Let There Be Light", John McCan was the one who flipped the switch!

April 18, 2008 at 1:58 pm |
  5. Chad

The Atomic Bomb is younger than John McCain.

-From Palm Desert, Ca

April 18, 2008 at 2:01 pm |
  6. Joe in DE

McCain gives real meaning to the Grand OLD Party. Old age dosen't matter, old ideas do.

April 18, 2008 at 2:01 pm |
  7. Holly Atlanta, GA

The Declaration of Independence!

April 18, 2008 at 2:01 pm |
  8. Mike from Illinois

political pundints

April 18, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  9. Hillary

How about the majority of the infrastructure (schools, roads, public buildings, etc.) in our country? It's younger than McCain and its crumbling beneath our feet (so to speak)–too bad he doesn't see that this is where some of the money heading to Iraq should be spent! Although at his age I guess he is probably lucky to be seeing much of anything!

April 18, 2008 at 2:11 pm |
  10. Kay - Lawrenceville, GA

The remote control, cable and of course...you Jack.

April 18, 2008 at 2:14 pm |
  11. Shirley-Ohio

The Baby Boomers!

April 18, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  12. Frank

Dirt.
    The separation of light and darkness.
    Half life of uranium.
    Jack, but just barely.

April 18, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  13. MAGGIE, VA

Like Steven Coberet said recently,"McCain was there when the Grand Canyon happened!"
    The man is 'out-of-touch','out-of-style' and will be 'out-of-the-way' by Novemeber !

April 18, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  14. Mark - Asheville, NC

He actually is older than dirt; compost soil can be created in just a few weeks. But other things younger??

Television
    Transistors
    Computers
    Racial integration
    Central air conditioning
    Direct dial telephones
    Transatlantic TV
    Stereo phonographs
    Most House and Senate members
    The United Nations
    NATO
    World War II

April 18, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  15. Ruthie, GA

When the Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock, John McCain dropped the anchor.

April 18, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  16. Denise Medina,OH

I had to rub my 'one-of-a-kind' Jack Cafferty bobble-head for assistance on this one. It smiled back, and said, 'Just about everything.'

Seriously, Jack, it would be great to hear any candidate 'impassioned ' about any plan ... however, boneheaded. The first time I hear a candidate absolutely 'stand on the desk' about anything ... even if I disagree ... I will have found the candidate I will vote for in November. I will have found someone who really 'cares.'

April 18, 2008 at 2:20 pm |
  17. J.D. - New Hampshire

I'm younger than John McCain and so are 47 million of my fellow citizens who cannot afford health insurance. We'd like to reach the ripe, old age of 72, but many won't. 18,000 people, essentially six 9/11s, die each and every year from lack of health insurance. Senator McCain's solution for the problem will make it worse and people currently covered by an employer's insurance policy will be on their own like me. For the sake of all of us, can we please get to the real issues someday? P.S. He's not wearing a Made In China flag lapel pin in your photo.

April 18, 2008 at 2:20 pm |
  18. Julia

Dirt!

April 18, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  19. Harry

What's younger?
    1. The U.S. Navy. (Who was McCain paired up with on the Ark?)
    2. The Republican party. (When will they finally accept him?)
    3. The Burr-Hamilton duel. (Tempers were in vogue, back in the day.)
    4. Based on hair color,.... Jack Cafferty.

What's older?
    1. The democratic primary
    2. Maybe the Caffertyfile.
    3. Based on Hair color.... Wolfe Blitzer.

I was once told, by a gray headed man, that each gray hair represented a "good time". Jack, you need to get a life and someone needs to start keeping tabs on Wolf.

Harry
    Ky.

April 18, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  20. James in Cape Coral, FL

Jack,
    Our Global Economy is younger than McCain. Including all the problems with it. Maybe that's why he doesn't get how to fix it. It's like that loud teenage music he doesn't understand so he just ignores it.

April 18, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  21. Terry in Virginia

In the beginning, God created Heaven and Earth, then handed John McCain a shovel and said, "Go forth and plant an apple tree in the Garden of Eden." Does that give you a clue?

April 18, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  22. Dave from Mission Viejo,California

The wheel, the abacus and running water.

April 18, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  23. Ryan, Champaign IL

The entirety of the industry that is giving McCain a free pass in the news, is younger than John McCain.

April 18, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  24. Erin in Kalamazoo

Rock 'n Roll
    Super Delegates
    and Silly Puddy

April 18, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  25. Mike from Syracuse NY

Jack,
    The pyramids. MaCain was a technical advisor to Heston for Moses. After all, he and Moses used to have beers together.

April 18, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  26. Michael Lorton, Virginia

Jack: Everything prior to his birth is younger than McCain.....and that is true for all of us.

April 18, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  27. Scott L. - Wichita, Kansas

I can just picture John McCain many years ago, talking to his kids:

"Back in my day... when dinosaurs roamed the earth..."

April 18, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  28. Patricia

My Honey bunny is 85 yrd. old Jack, believe me when I say he's younger than John is....

April 18, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  29. lee from Florida

Instant coffee and tea bags.
    dvd's, cds, 8tracks,
    I love lucy

April 18, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  30. Bob Fleming

A '39 Chevy, World War II, TV, the A-bomb,George Bush, Dick Cheney, Ikes' warning about the threat of the military and industrial complex Obama, and Hillary.

Bob Fleming
    Louisville, Ky

April 18, 2008 at 2:42 pm |
  31. Joesph

The Great Depression is younger that John McCain. That puts it into context, Jack.

April 18, 2008 at 2:42 pm |
  32. IFEANYI AZUBIKE Houston, Texas

Just to mention a few; the world wars, Raido/TV, Trans-Atlantic flight, sliced bread, all the sports leagues, Lamn mowers, antibiotics and anethesia. And if you may add, two-term presidency.

April 18, 2008 at 2:42 pm |
  33. Sandy

I am middle age and am having a hard time thinking of what could be older...hmmmm.....

I think the job of president is for a younger man. George has aged in office. John is past his prime.

I want a younger man's thought process involved here. Sorry, John.

I saw a picture yesterday on television of him napping in some 'official' looking place. I assume it was on the job napping.

April 18, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  34. Nuwan Sam

You and me.

Nuwan from Houston, TX

April 18, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  35. David,San Bernardino,CA.

World War II,The Korean War,The Cuban Missile Crisis,The Vietnam War,Grenada,Gulf War I and II,9-11 and whatever War McCain manages to start as President.

April 18, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  36. MIKE A, CHARLOTTE,NC

what's younger than mccain? hmmmm. isn't his signature somewhere on the constitution?

April 18, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  37. Esther Cuyahoga Falls Ohio

me and you and a cat named shoo

April 18, 2008 at 2:47 pm |
  38. Erik Swansea, MA

Younger Than John McCain,
    10. The NBA
    09. The jet engine
    08. Dick Cheney (should be behind bars)
    07. Tootsie Pops
    06. Civil rights act
    05. 8-track tapes
    04. The Jeep
    03. Anti-biotics
    02. Color films
    01. Believe it or not Kieth Richards

April 18, 2008 at 2:48 pm |
  39. Bruce St Paul MN

Route 66, the current American flag, Hoover Dam, sandwich bags, televison, technicolor movies, automatic transmsissions, radar, India, Israel, plastic, the NBA, football helmets, sattelites, polio vaccine, the four minute mile, twist-off bottle caps, radial tires, transistor radios, Hopalong Cassidy, South Korea, the Sun.

April 18, 2008 at 2:50 pm |
  40. Jordan from Kentucky

Bethoven's 5th Symphony

April 18, 2008 at 2:50 pm |
  41. April in texas

Well umm most everything Jack honestly.. Arent you younger than John McCain Jack? Point made....

Obama 08

April 18, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  42. Larry, Ohio

Jack, a multitude of things are younger than McCain,but what is really old is you bashing him!

April 18, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  43. Buster in Poughkeepsie, NY

In the beginning God created John McCain.

April 18, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  44. AndyZ; Fairfax, VA

The universe, but not by much. The California redwoods. The pyramids although I understand he consulted on the final draft of the plans for the Great Pyramid. I understand he insisted on towers spaced evenly on the Great Wall of China so there would be adequate toilet facilities for each persons journey on the wall. I read that he did the original concept for the Nazca Lines in Peru. And finally, to use a line that was once used on me; he's two years older than dirt.

April 18, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  45. Anna, SW Missouri

Just to name a few things-Penicillin, television,, the drive in theater, car radios, the yoyo, scotch tape, the jet engine, ball point pen, nylon, and just about every electric appliane that we use as well as aluminum foil, plastic wrap, paper towels, etc. I would say indoor toilets, but I guess those non-bitter elitists had those back then, just not most Americans.

April 18, 2008 at 2:56 pm |
  46. BJ Smith

That's a tough one, but for such an enormous job, really the most important in the world, & with all due respect, shouldn't you ask, how old is too old?

B J Smith in Seminole, FL

April 18, 2008 at 2:56 pm |
  47. Charles Liken, Lansing, MI

George Bush. It is scary that this old timer has learned nothing and wants to follow in the footsteps of someone who has two left feet.

April 18, 2008 at 3:00 pm |
  48. Ann, Newton, New Jersey

There are a lot of us "senior" citizens that may resent that question. I am the same age as John Mc Cain. I still have a job. We do volunteer work, participate in marathons, entertain with songs and dance and are, for the most part, mentally alert. One of our Senators, Mr. Frank Lautenberg, is older than Mc Cain, doing a great job for our state and running again. If a person is capable of doing the job, what does age always have to do with it? Look at Bush. Need I say more?

April 18, 2008 at 3:01 pm |
  49. James Kipler

Hi Jack,

I think Beethoven is younger than John McCain, I believe he's still "De-Composing.

April 18, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  50. C. Farrell, Houston, Tx

This new math is younger than John McCain. I don't understand it and I wish they would go back to the way we use to do it so I can help my grandson.

April 18, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  51. Josh

Jack, there are many things that are a lot younger than John McCain. such as the creation of this country, the end of the Berlin Wall, the Panama Canal, the signing of the Magna Carta: he was one of the spectators. The bottom line is John McCain is too old to be President and its way past time for him to retire in a nursing home somewhere and return to the dirt he was hence he was created from.

April 18, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  52. Mike in St. Pete Beach, Florida

Give the guy a break. He was born the same year as Burt Reynolds and Alan Alda who, for whatever reason, don't seem that old. Sorry if I just jinxed you Burt and Alan.

April 18, 2008 at 3:03 pm |

Soviet Union
    MTV
    and the Internet

wow what a life time.

April 18, 2008 at 3:04 pm |
  54. Rob, Arvada, CO

I believe the answer would be Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Ron Paul, Mike Gravel, and Ralph Nader. All of the candidates that have appeared in the presidential campaign!

April 18, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  55. Tom, Avon, Maine, The Heart of Democracy

I seldom vote Republican and I certainly won't this time, but I don't think this question is appropriate or in the spirit of Obama's new politics. Senator McCain wasn't so old that he couldn't turn the page along with Obama on the Lee Atwater gutter politics. Just because he is a good sport and can take a cheap shot with the best of them doesn't mean you have to throw one. Let's stick to policies and ignore the balogna.

April 18, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  56. Sharon in Tahlequan Ok

The last nail driven into the Ninta, Pinta, and Santa Maria was done so by Mr. McCain. Some of us writing were witness to that deed. It would be easier to answer "What's Older".

April 18, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  57. JD

McCain isn't too old to be President. He's just wrong on too many issues.

April 18, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  58. Karl in CA

Pampers, Depends (but not June Allison), Tony the Tiger, the Edsel, Alaska and Hawaii and a good bottle of scotch.

April 18, 2008 at 3:12 pm |
  59. Joshua P. at North Carolina State University

Cont....
    Aids epidemic
    Crack
    Vietnam War
    Water bottles
    Tylenol
    Bob Marley
    Microwave Oven
    Vacuum Cleaners
    Hula Hoop
    The States of Hawaii and Alaska
    Sesame Street

With all of this experience why is he now waiting to be president that's th better question.

April 18, 2008 at 3:14 pm |

Korean War
    Vietnam War
    Civil Rights Act
    Space travel

April 18, 2008 at 3:15 pm |
  61. Kevin - Albany, NY

Ballpoint pens, electron microscopes, jet engines, photocopiers, Israel, aerosol spray cans, microwave ovens, the EPA, industrial wastewater treatment, consumer-grade photovoltaics, AIDS, credit cards, sub-prime lending...

April 18, 2008 at 3:17 pm |
  62. Jenny

Its is not his old age that soncerns me., its his old ideas. That plus all the good ones are already taken. I thought he might have switched on the light back the too.

April 18, 2008 at 3:19 pm |
  63. Chuck in Eugene Oregon

Jack,

What has become the worlds leading form and source of communication and helps drives over half the world economy.
    Computer, the internet, and highspeed data cable. But this has nothing to do with the man himself. Although I may not agree with his politics, he is still younger than the Pope and he runs the worlds largest and strongest religious political machine.

April 18, 2008 at 3:21 pm |
  64. Len of Colfax, Wisconsin

My list: The super bowl, the jet, the transitor, Jack Benny (he was always 39 and if were still living he still would be 39), accelerated global warming, the electronic digital computer (the first electronic computer – analog- was in the 1920s), penicillin, cell phones, man made satellites, microwave dinners....

April 18, 2008 at 3:22 pm |
  65. Sandra from Texas

Almost everything we see and use is younger than John McSame. Almost everyone of us is younger and I am old. It is time to close this chapter in American politics, turn the page and move on to something bigger and better for future generations. I hope we can.

April 18, 2008 at 3:24 pm |

AK-47
    KFC
    Oxfam
    Jamaica

April 18, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  67. Velle In Halifax

The Internet....corrosion of American Soverienty...ou yeah...PEACE. That's so new it's still on the "drawing board".

See John, betcha thought I was going to say Budweiser didn't ya!

April 18, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  68. DAD in Hollis, NH

Every single computer on the planet including most of the companies that make them. IBM may find a way to say they are older than John but that's noting to brag about.

April 18, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  69. Doug Pierson Tohatchi, NM

Anyone who reads this blog.

April 18, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  70. Ken

Smiley Face

Ken of Seattle

April 18, 2008 at 3:28 pm |
  71. Terry from North Carolina

Jack
    All the Aircraft Carriers that John McCain flew off of during the Vietnam Conflict are younger than he is.

April 18, 2008 at 3:28 pm |
  72. Tina

Me!!!!

April 18, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  73. Tina

And YOU!!!

April 18, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  74. Les Young Oklahoma

Jack as McCain said he is older than dirt and dumber than dirt . Poor guy senility has already set in and he is unaware of it. When ask about the economy he said whats that. My wife takes care of all the bills. The only thing going for him is his military service that would be a change from the two dodgers we have had for the last eight years. Jack you probably should not read this we both will be in trouble you with China and me with McCain and the Republicans

April 18, 2008 at 3:30 pm |

easter
    british throne
    evolution
    boston tea party

April 18, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  77. Dave from Veazie, ME

Well Jack, I'm a graduate student currently working in the field of cosmology, and I know that the universe is about 14 billion years old, which by my calculations is a few billion years younger than John McCain.

April 18, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  78. Ray,Dunedin,Florida

His Wife Jack!!

She's Hot now, I bet she was smokin in youth!!!!!
    Even if you don't agree with his politics, you gotta respect him for marrying her!!

April 18, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  79. Charles in Florida

Jack, the space shuttle fleet is younger than McCain and it's going into retirement soon. Neil Armstrong's footprint on the moon is also younger than McCain and by some accounts the moon too.

April 18, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  80. Terry, Chandler AZ

Like Johnny Mac, I'm from Arizona. The Grand Canyon is younger than Senator (or is that senor) McCain.

April 18, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  81. Michael Houston, TX

Planet Earth.

April 18, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  82. Ray,Dunedin,Florida

His Wife Jack!!

She's Hot now, I bet she was smokin in her youth!!!!!

April 18, 2008 at 3:37 pm |
  83. Taj

The big questions in this world are, Who created the Universe? Who created God? God created the universe? No, No, McCain created the God & the Universe. That will put him at least 300 Billion years. It also make me wonder Who created McCain?
    CA

April 18, 2008 at 3:39 pm |
  84. Dmurphy

You Jack!

Dana
    NY, NY

April 18, 2008 at 3:39 pm |
  85. Chicago Bob from Illinois

Clinton and Obama, but age
    Alone doesn't make one a sage
    And I'm afraid that with old John
    Parts of his mind are long long gone

He's older than a Buffalo Nickel
    So we may be in a pickle
    Since he's confused on Iraq
    Without Lieberman at his back

April 18, 2008 at 3:41 pm |
  86. Mark, Berwyn, PA

Quite a few things Jack. Some of the more interesting things I came across are: Life and Billboard magazines, the Hoover Dam, the Baseball Hall of Fame, the NFL Draft, the United Auto Workers, the Spanish Civil War, the BBC television service, and the San Fran-Oakland Bay Bridge. Oh yes, and the State of Hawaii.

April 18, 2008 at 3:41 pm |
  87. Brian - Trinidad

All the intelligence we have seen from the media and the other people running for President,which is why they all look stupid next to McCain.

April 18, 2008 at 3:41 pm |
  88. Deb from PA

The "good old days" are younger than John McCain.

April 18, 2008 at 3:43 pm |
  89. Mike Nunn

I find the question rather insulting. I for one am only slightly younger than John Mcain so the theme applies to myself also. I finished Flight School as McCain was starting. Naval pilots are a special breed. We are not constrained by age. I consider myself up to date on most things and I find that McCain is an example of someone who has kept on top of things and is extremely qualified. The fact that I disagree with his politics is a seperate issue and not related to age.

Hot Springs, Ar.

April 18, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  90. Karen

Everything and everyone is younger than McCain.
    He should be enjoying life and traveling at his age. Oh yeah, he is...on the taxpayers. Why would he want the stress of being President at his age. Enjoy life on the taxpayers but stay out of the White House. Thanks!

April 18, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  91. james hoffman, Prescott, MI

The dirt in my backyard is younger than John McCain!

April 18, 2008 at 3:45 pm |
  92. Sean, Atlanta, GA

42 US presidents

April 18, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  93. Elena

Jack Cafferty, you're like a hundred million years old. How dare you be ageist to a fellow old person?

April 18, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  94. Lori in Michigan

Can John McCain even remember how old he really is?

April 18, 2008 at 3:55 pm |
  95. Ed Phillips

I am 72 and in good health. I have not experienced the physical abuse that McCain has endured as a POW. Yet Old Men's ailments, like enlarged prostate, declining acuity, short term memory loss and increasing irritability seem to dog me. My question is would shareholders in a Fortune 500 company select a 72 year to be their CEO, for the first time?As for those younger than him, Moses and Abraham come to mind.

Ed
    Portland, OR

April 18, 2008 at 3:55 pm |
  96. Marcus mt.olive

MICK JAGGER MAYBE;

April 18, 2008 at 3:58 pm |
  97. Steve-Jacksonville, Florida

The Iraq war is younger than John McCain but if he has his way, it will catch up to him.

April 18, 2008 at 3:59 pm |
  98. John in San Diego

Acording to Census BVureay figures, McCain is older that 85 percent of the American population. And some people are saying Obama is out of touch?

April 18, 2008 at 4:00 pm |
  99. tim from Ravenna, OH

The NFL, microwaves, all-terrain tires, jet-skis, and George Washington.

April 18, 2008 at 4:00 pm |
  100. Drew, FL

Creation itself?

April 18, 2008 at 4:03 pm |
  101. Kel from Auburn, AL

Come on, Jack. I'm an Obama supporter and I think we should give the guy's age a break. I know you say "no disrespect intended", but this topic is pretty personal, don't you think?

Just for reference, I'm younger than McCain, by 52 years.

April 18, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  102. Ken, St. paul MN

The Iraq war is not as old as McCain, but he's making plans to change that, so i guess my answer doesn't count.

April 18, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  103. Tom Huntington,NY

Hmmm.... How about every single preisdent in our history.

April 18, 2008 at 4:11 pm |
  104. Rex in Portland, Ore.

Huh?

April 18, 2008 at 4:15 pm |
  105. Annie, Atlanta

The next president of the United States.

April 18, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  106. veronica, Atlanta, GA.

Well, he is older than the Civil Rights movement. That probably explains why he voted against MLK Jr. Day.

But he's younger than his home country of Panama.

April 18, 2008 at 4:17 pm |
  107. Steve

George Bush, the Younger. Look what he's done for us!

April 18, 2008 at 4:17 pm |
  108. lin FL

Not if he wins, he's ahead in all polls, he's going to be the next president thanks to Obama and his nutty followers.

April 18, 2008 at 4:18 pm |
  109. Alfie --- Palmdale, Cal.

Funny how all McCain has to battle is the age issue, huh Jack? Our next president may be "older than dirt", but experience counts, and the majority will show this in November, no matter who he runs against.

April 18, 2008 at 4:18 pm |
  110. veronica, Atlanta, GA.

When he was born the US had only 48 States. Could he deal with the additional 2?
    Became a state in:
    Alaska – Jan. 3, 1959
    Hawaii – Aug. 21, 1959

April 18, 2008 at 4:20 pm |
  111. Phil

Age is a definite factor! It tells alot about the mind and body. I believe there is definitely chemicals that leave the mind when older that doesn't allow you to be as flexible as before, more stoic, and rigid in ways of llife.

April 18, 2008 at 4:20 pm |
  112. Wayne, Goffstown NH

Everything!

April 18, 2008 at 4:23 pm |
  113. tim

first off dirt and the solar system and jack– the white shirts you wear.

April 18, 2008 at 4:23 pm |
  114. henry glenn

World War 2, The Edsel, The Big Band Era and not being able to smoke Cuban cigars. In addition much younger than John McCain is a belief that the people of this great country are more powerful than the Corporations that try and control Republican power.

April 18, 2008 at 4:24 pm |
  115. earl illingsworth

Govenor Charlie Crist of Florida?

April 18, 2008 at 4:27 pm |
  116. Jerry

Jack

John McCain is still trying to figure out how to change the
    radio tubes in his computer.

Jerry
    Rroselle, Illinois

April 18, 2008 at 4:27 pm |
  117. mitchell martin ark.

soon after mccain's birth,the hot air balloon,was used during the civil war,for reconnaisance.the idea was actually brought on by little johnny,when he began to speak,and folks noticed his feet would lower towards the ground.this was a great advantage,as they no longer had to tether the balloons to the ground,to keep them from floating away.

April 18, 2008 at 4:28 pm |
  118. Karen Branson MO

Let's see. 1937 approximately:
    the Hiddenburg exploded
    GM recognized a United Auto workers union
    Amelia Earhart disappeared

Average yearly salary $1780
    average cost of a new home $4100
    cost of gallon of gas 10 cents
    cost of loaf of bread 9 cents
    lb of hamburger 12 cents
    average price of new car $760
    toothpaste 35 cents

First blood bank opened in Chicago
    Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Hmmmm, I do believe McCain really might be out of touch.
    Of Mice and Men published – John Steinbeck

April 18, 2008 at 4:29 pm |
  119. Bill, Quarryville, PA

I just hope it is his vice president if he gets elected. I was planning on taking a tour of the White House when the next president is in office. I hope when I go there it does not reek of Ben gay.

April 18, 2008 at 4:30 pm |
  120. MR. J

You Jack. It's to bad Mr Bush stole Johns best years. At the rate people age in the whitehouse John missed his chance. If the democratic party is stupid enough to give Mr Obama the nomination John will be our next president.

April 18, 2008 at 4:33 pm |
  121. Jerry

Invention of the automobile, sliced bread, television, pony express, airplanes and about everything that uses electrical power. This should give the ancient one a clue that he is old and outdated with no idea about what the world is really like in our time of high tech gagets and speed at which we all move.

April 18, 2008 at 4:34 pm |
  122. Ron Russell from SF

Jack, I’d say he’s older than sliced bread—but that’s one of the few things he’s younger than (by 8 years). I looked it up and found that a more accurate question would be, what’s older than McCain? He is older than Israel, the 1st massed produced automatic transmission, power steering, the first licensed Color TV, the Frisbee, plastic, the vacuum tube, the 1st computer, the study of DNA, Penicillin, Polio vaccine, The Grapes of Wrath, Alaska and Hawaii as states. Other such developments include: Saran Wrap, The Arizona memorial, Stereo, TV Remotes, Telephone Answering Machines and the Atomic Bomb. The last would probably explain why he’s so gung ho to start a Nuclear war. Oral contraceptives came after he was born and due to his advocacy of Abstinence Only, I’m sure his mother didn’t tell him how much women appreciated those. Scotchguard, the snow mobile, liquid paper, and the Hula Hoop were other popular inventions, as was Dick Cheney’s pacemaker. I could go on, but the Situation Room is only a 3-hour show!

April 18, 2008 at 4:35 pm |
  123. Catherine, Tiskilwa IL

Off the top of my head...dirt and water.

April 18, 2008 at 4:35 pm |
  124. J T - Alaska

1. Past
    2. Present
    3. Future

April 18, 2008 at 4:36 pm |
  125. Tony,.......Lou, Ky.

Air.....Dirt......Cock Roaches....Dinosours....Gravity.....Moses.....
    Neanderthals........Fire.......Wind......the Galaxy.....the Universe!!!!

April 18, 2008 at 4:40 pm |
  126. Ralph, Long Island, NY

Jack Cafferty, well barely.

April 18, 2008 at 4:40 pm |
  127. Dr. Proctor

Jack, . . .I wish to live as long as John McCain and his mother(have you
    seen how well she looks at 90?)

April 18, 2008 at 4:41 pm |
  128. Jeff, Galena, MO

Charlie Brown (Peanuts)
    8-Track tapes
    The Wham-o Frisbee
    Golf carts
    Space Food Sticks
    The 1939 New York World's Fair
    Every sports dome in existence
    The Gateway Arch in St. Louis
    Gone With the Wind
    The Wizard of Oz

April 18, 2008 at 4:41 pm |
  129. Ronald

The Flat Earth Society plus the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria.

April 18, 2008 at 4:42 pm |
  130. Bert, Iowa City, IA

The three million graves of Vietnamese, including innocent women and children, who died in indiscriminate bombing raids carried out by pilots like Mr. McCain in the Viet Nam War in the name of peace.

April 18, 2008 at 4:43 pm |
  131. john ...................................marlton, NJ

Do the short list, what's older than John McCain

April 18, 2008 at 4:44 pm |
  132. Carol Martin

John McCain is older than his mother.

John McCain washed dishes at the Last Supper.

April 18, 2008 at 4:44 pm |
  133. Ralph at NYC

Myself, my wife, my daughter, my car, all our clothes, the food we eat, my golf clubs. Our fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, 9/11, recent terrorism throughout the world, our economic woes, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Barak Obama, the President of France and his wife, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip. Even you look younger, Jack.

April 18, 2008 at 4:45 pm |
  134. George Wilson

Since I am 71 myself, i will say that i am younger than John McCain, but don't let age fool you. The only reason that the country is becoming dumbed down is the fact that all of your so called old fogies who are so full of knowledge are passing on. Case in Point: George Bush would have never been President if the old fogies, myself included had had their way.

April 18, 2008 at 4:46 pm |
  135. FH, SC

What's younger? Absolutely everything!
    What's older? Not even Santa Claus

April 18, 2008 at 4:46 pm |
  136. Daniel Miami, Florida

Things and /or people younger than John McCain:

Word War II
    The Atom Bomb
    LP records and 45's
    Hilary Clinton
    Pakistan
    Korean War
    Brown vs. Board of Education
    The NBA
    The Tony's Emmy's and Grammy awards
    Gunsmoke
    Non-colonial Independant African countries (so-called)
    Barack Obama
    Selena
    O.J. trial
    Latin Grammy's
    budget surpluses
    9/11
    Iraq war
    and Jack Cafferty (I think) ;-)

April 18, 2008 at 4:47 pm |
  137. C.Jones

Wolf, Lou, Jack..........even ME!.....we're ALL younger than McCain.

April 18, 2008 at 4:50 pm |
  138. Holly Atlanta, GA

Jack:

I love your BLOG. You should publish these blogs into a book. I sure would buy it. I have laughed so hard at this question and the response from the Readers is what makes America so Great.

We know how to find humor no matter how depressing a situation may seem. I have read every Blog and I'm starting over again on this question because I really have enjoyed it. I'm old to, I'm older than you.(Lord Help Me)

Keep up the Good Work and Publish your blogs so I can buy one.

I Am A Taxpayer and I Approve this Message

Lovely Atlanta, GA Obama 08

April 18, 2008 at 4:51 pm |
  139. Kim, Dodge City, Kansas

The future. And it would be nice if he could acknowlege that .

April 18, 2008 at 4:56 pm |
  140. Just me

a dinsosaur

April 18, 2008 at 4:57 pm |
  141. Meryl from Bklyn NY

SPRINGTIME is younger then McCain
    Space travel is younger then McCain
    the internet is younger then McCain
    the majority of the electorate is YOUNGER THEN McCain

April 18, 2008 at 4:58 pm |
  142. Ruby Coria, LA. CA.

Jack, the T.V. sets that are not going to work next year.. thier younger the McCain. I bet he has a lot of good storys.

April 18, 2008 at 5:04 pm |
  143. Dave, NY

The Bible, the wheel, fire, ...

April 18, 2008 at 5:06 pm |
  144. Sue...Emporium,Pennsylvania

Whats younger than John McCain? Color TV, skate boards, banana bikes and real live colored baby chicks won in an Easter egg hunt.

April 18, 2008 at 5:07 pm |
  145. Pete, Fla.

John McCain is older than many of the things he uses to get his message out. They include: color television, wireless microphones, and jumbo-jets. He is also older than some of the things he'll be familiar with if president. These include: the Chevy Suburban, the Cadillac limousine, the Pentagon, the United Nations, and the $100 bill. And of course he's older than ONN (Obama News Network), or as some people call it: CNN, which was founded in 1980.

April 18, 2008 at 5:07 pm |
  146. Rob, Arvada, CO

I just thought of somebody older than John McCain. Pope Benedict XVI! What a coincidence that the Pope is here in the U.S. to give McCain a little fatherly advice!

April 18, 2008 at 5:11 pm |
  147. Patricia

Technological advancements in 1938:

* Oil is discovered in Saudi Arabia.
    * Steam locomotive "Mallard" sets the world speed record for steam by reaching 126 mph.
    * Ball Point Pens are introduced
    * Teflon Introduced
    * Du Pont announced a name for its new synthetic yarn: "nylon".
    * The First Nylon Products Toothbrushes are marketed

There's a little history of things "younger" than McCain.

Boise

April 18, 2008 at 5:11 pm |
  148. Lerome Brock

You are Jack. I think.
    Pickerington, Ohio

April 18, 2008 at 5:12 pm |
  149. Sue...Emporium,Pennsylvania

REVISED

Whats younger than John McCain? Color TV, skate boards, banana bikes, polaroid snap shot cameras and real live colored baby chicks won in an Easter egg hunt. I could go on Jack...but a Lady never gives away her age.

April 18, 2008 at 5:12 pm |
  150. Mike S., New Orleans

What's younger than John McCain? His wife, obviously.

April 18, 2008 at 5:13 pm |
  151. George, Palm Springs

. . .Sin.

April 18, 2008 at 5:13 pm |
  152. max

adam and eve

April 18, 2008 at 5:15 pm |
  153. Leland

Everything.

April 18, 2008 at 5:22 pm |
  154. Donna in Kentucky

Me . I will be 60 this year .

April 18, 2008 at 5:22 pm |
  155. Jess, Ohio

The Beatles
    Elvis
    The Rat Pack
    Vietnam War
    Woodstock
    and my favorite....Casablanca

April 18, 2008 at 5:33 pm |
  156. Mark Oklahoma City, OK

Things "younger" than John McCain.....let's see, I'm pretty sure I saw something on the Discovery Channel the other night that was younger than John McCain....let's see....now what was it? Oh Yes, it was that baby wooly mammoth!

April 18, 2008 at 5:35 pm |
  157. Cathey Thomas of Austin, TX

.....The Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, Life Magazine, Look Magazine, nylon, Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny...

April 18, 2008 at 5:38 pm |
  158. terry mcsweeney

springtime!

April 18, 2008 at 5:40 pm |
  159. John J

THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

John J

Hackensack, N.J.

April 18, 2008 at 5:41 pm |
  160. brent , texas

Jack, I believe you are slightly younger than John McCain?

April 18, 2008 at 5:42 pm |
  161. Earl Ca

I won't list like everyone else but I will say...I work in the licensing department and check on his drivers license.....He is qualified to drive "Chariot"....go figure

April 18, 2008 at 5:44 pm |
  162. Elonda - Portland, Oregon

What's younger than John Mc Cain - why me, smile....

April 18, 2008 at 5:44 pm |
  163. Roy

Beenie Baby's They are cute too! But, not worth much in substance.

April 18, 2008 at 5:46 pm |
  164. Vera from Long beach

Younger then John McCain?
    God

April 18, 2008 at 5:48 pm |
  165. ave walker,n. dartmouth,ma.

Me and dirt. Enough said gramps.

April 18, 2008 at 5:48 pm |
  166. Lewis from the south

The universe perhaps?

April 18, 2008 at 5:51 pm |
  167. Mary

The Cretaceous Rocks around here are younger than Mcain and are more in touch with the American People. In fact these old rocks are more in touch with the American People than all you talking heads.

April 18, 2008 at 5:52 pm |
  168. Fran

Jack,

I'm grabbing my ear. Like Clinton. McCain is older then dirt. I am younger then John. It's not his age as much as its his ability. He is not President material. That is all it is Jack.

Fran

Oakridge, Or.

April 18, 2008 at 5:53 pm |
  169. Lynn Hudson

I'm not sure, but I think antibiotics are younger than him. They were discovered around WWII. Also, air conditioning, hi fi stereos, the states of Alaska and Hawaii and atomic bombs.

April 18, 2008 at 5:53 pm |
  170. Elonda - Portland, Oregon

Jack,

Why would you ask this... I have been laughing so hard my jaws hurt!
    My mom is 72 but she's a lot younger than John McCain and that's decisive!

His warped ideas make him old and if Barak Obama wins the nomination, (please God) it would be Fred Flintstone vs. George Jetson - just a little humor.

Hang Tough Barak Obama

April 18, 2008 at 5:55 pm |
  171. patrick

"Gone with the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell is younger than McCain and frankly Jack, I don't give damn!

April 18, 2008 at 5:55 pm |
  172. Elisabeth J from Bloomington, IN

Ha, there is so much younger than McCain, like democracy, public transportation, most trees, false wars, global warming, and the real leaders Americans have to choose between,

April 18, 2008 at 5:59 pm |
  173. Nancy, Tennessee

The 1956 Chevrolet is younger than John McCain. But I bet as a teenager he got to drive one. All the boys liked the 56, lowered in the back and raised in the front going down the road in all its glory. Then again some preferred the big fins of the 57 Chevy.

April 18, 2008 at 6:00 pm |
  174. Marhya

Barack Obama!!!!

April 18, 2008 at 6:09 pm |
  175. phoebe from Wichita

The most important – you, Jack!

April 18, 2008 at 6:09 pm |
  176. Pat, Bloomington IN

The ideal President of the United States.

April 18, 2008 at 6:09 pm |
  177. YorkAli Walters

The independent country of Jamaica (gained independence in1962)

April 18, 2008 at 6:09 pm |
  178. Eric San Diego

Barack Obama is definitely younger than John McCain. That is the most important thing.

April 18, 2008 at 6:10 pm |
  179. Pantsuit Lady

Only Moses is younger. Oh yeah, and Methusala!

April 18, 2008 at 6:10 pm |
  180. Bill P

Dirt!

April 18, 2008 at 6:10 pm |
  181. Garth Sheriff

The War in Iraq. It just doesn't seem that way!

April 18, 2008 at 6:10 pm |
  182. Tone Las vegas, Nevada

The internet, which has been a staple of this election.

April 18, 2008 at 6:10 pm |
  183. nick from michigan

Israel
    world problems
    the oil crisis
    middle east terrorism

April 18, 2008 at 6:10 pm |
  184. Govtflu

Evolution.

April 18, 2008 at 6:10 pm |
  185. Gerri

I would say the Apple IPOD is younger than John McCain.

Gerri
    Brooklyn, NY

April 18, 2008 at 6:10 pm |
  186. Tyler

Jack, the Cold War is younger than John McCain. I'm only 15, and even I know that.

187. Rowell Lofton

John Mccain is older then me and my mom put together, I am 23.

188. Independent from Ga

Me.

189. Richard Stephenson

ME! and just about everything I know. He is a venerable man; an honorable man. He should retire and enjoy his largess.

190. Robert in Rumson

The Flintstones

191. Ken

Those inexperienced kids: Hillary and Barack.

192. Mike

Mickey Mouse and Disneyland

193. Alan

Jack, McCain is older than Peniciliin

194. Whitaker Behrens

Walking upright, common sense, and time itself...

195. Jack

Jack,
    A lot of things are younger than John McCain, for example a lot of key ideas essential to American life... like civilized peace.
    -A Fellow Jack

196. anonymous

The US Air Force

197. jamie

What's younger than John McCain? Did he loan his wooden teeth to George Washington to run for President?

198. Sir Crimson

Earth itself, at least according to many of his supporters.

(This is a joke on Young Earth Creationism FYI)

199. seth

The internet, hip-hop, that picture of the moon landing, 'organic' food, TID (taxpayer identification numbers), Michael Jackson all younger

200. ELLIS PUMMELL

Glaciers

201. Spencer

We all know that John McCain was the first thing to set foot on this earth, and he will be the end of it all if he is elected President.

202. Anna, New York

Why doesn't McCain retire? I'm 76 and am enjoying life and loving every minute of it. Let the younger folk (and the vast majority of US citizens are younger) take the cares and worries of our nation and let the older folks enjoy what's left of their lives. He's missing the boat in more ways than one.
    Obama for president!

203. Raphael

Te Internet" Duh`

204. Eddie

Israel

205. Travis O

Not sure about the oldest but wasn't he the fella in the Bible that "Parted the Red Sea?"

206. Laura in MD

A better question would be, "What's older than John McCain?" It would be a much shorter list.

207. Tom, Oxford, NC

In the famous words of Ronald Reagan re: age....."I will not exploit for political purposes my opponent's youth and inexperience"......

208. John Miller

Rocks

209. Carrie, Southern Wisconsin

That's tough, Jack, since MeCain is older than dirt.

210. N. Williams

What's younger than John McCain? That's easy...bread!
    Brandon,
    Mississippi

211. HexRivera

The Wheel!!!

212. Donna

Dirt?

Donna
    Woodstock, NY

213. greg- lancster,tx

hmmm, how about the first illegal alien amnesty bill. I guess the good senator just wants to do what Reagen would or rather did.

April 18, 2008 at 6:12 pm |
  214. Sam Taylor Oroville CA.

the computer mouse that got Me to Your Blog,
    the computer keyboard that typed this message.
    why Heck, Jack even the computer.

215. Andre

Come on, Jack. That's easy... FIRE! Next time give me something hard like how to end the Iraq War or finding black holes in space.

216. Karl Pemberton

The East Wing of the white house.

Karl Pemberton.
    A Brit in Germany. Obama support (If only I could vote)

217. Stuart Starbuck

The Harrison Tax Act which made marijuana illegal

218. Devin

The next president of the United States.

219. George in Arkansas

Jack's cantankerous attitude...but not by much.

220. gilbert

OBAMA BY 36 YEARS!!!!!!!

221. Edwin Dobies

Jack Cafferty

222. tanner in Dallas

The Super Bowl is a lot younger than Mccain, the only difference it's gone from just the NFL Championship to an unoffical holiday in a little over 40 years.

223. Zack, North Carolina

Jack,
    I think that the real answer we should be asking is "what isnt older than John McCain?".

224. Patty-Dallas

What's younger thab McCain? Lets see........DIRT

225. Hope

Jack,
    I think we agree that John McCain will be a great president for AARP. Possibly a senior underwriter for the Social Security Administrator.

Houston, Texas

226. Javaholic

The Universe is younger than McBush

227. Ray

Statehood of Alaska (1/3/1959) & Hawaii (8/21/1959) lol!

228. Robbi

98% of the population!

229. alyefe Carbondale, il

south korea

230. Cheri

Here are a few things younger tha Mccain: Anti-lock brakes ,TVs with remotes, compact discs, video anything!,

231. michael

TV and radio has been around for
    a long time but they both are younger
    than McCain

232. Don

The annexation of Austria by Adolf Hitler; Pearl Harbor; ALL of WWII!

233. Amy Ryan

You, Jack! That should say it all, right?

234. Dixie

Microwave oven
    TV dinners
    panty hose
    cd's
    dvd's
    hi fi
    stereo
    most of the world
    internet
    automatic transmission

235. Jay Delaware

Jack I will have to say 90% of the world's population, and television

April 18, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  236. Steve Grycel (devoted conservative republican)

Younger than McCain, perhaps fire, or the US Constitution? I know he never read it.

237. Bob Marshall

That list is endless. The question, I think, should be what's older than McCain?

238. Ray, Florida

The Depression, Stay tuned

239. Mary

What's older? perforated toilet paper

April 18, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  240. Barbara

I'm younger than John McCain and older than you, Mr. Cafferty. You're just a kid – I'm 66.

April 18, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  241. NANCY , Grand Ledge MI

Jack,
    I would include freeways, heart transplants, baby boomers, and Barack Obama.

April 18, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  242. Fish god Las Vegas,Nv.

Salmon seasons that lasted from 5/15 TO 12/ 31 .nO LIMIT TROUT SEASONS. I`m 75 and still younger that McCain.

April 18, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  243. Bonnie

Did they include broadcast television? VISA & MasterCard?

April 18, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  244. John McNeely of Aurora, CO

Jack, please add the Social Security Administration.....born the same era as John McCain. FDR was President. The New Deal was big then.

April 18, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  245. david vela

The Rolling Stones,Led Zeppelin,The Beatles,AC DC,Black Sabbath,etc. etc.....Rock and Roll itself is younger!

April 18, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  246. Iman

The hydrogen bomb, Jack Cafferty, and LSD.

Chicago, IL

April 18, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  247. Robert

Love your show how about man walking on the moon.

April 18, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  248. Ann

my 3 kids and 3 grandchildren's ages all added together (64) !!!
    ann from Maine

April 18, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  249. Tom from Minnesota

The Lincoln Zephyr, the V-8 engine, the V-2 rocket, the jet airplane to name a few

April 18, 2008 at 6:14 pm |
  250. Keith

Isn't Vietnam younger than McCain? However, if he becomes President Vietnam might just become non-existant.

251. Reggie

I'll tell you what is younger thank McCain. The lessons learned from the Cold War and Vietnam, yet the Bush/ McCain foreign policy seems to want to walk us right back down those same OLD paths. Its time for some real change!

252. Lee

He's older than Methuselah

253. Alphanette

Not much!! Certianly no man is older than Mc-Thuselah-ian

254. Donna

My dad (and no, I wouldn't want him as my president, either...Sorry, Dad!)

Donna
    Woodstock, NY

April 18, 2008 at 6:15 pm |
  255. Chris (south Florida)

What is younger than John McCain?

Most of his registered voters, and definitely his running mate……

256. fabrice

What makes John Mccain old is how many people will love to be his VP because they know for sure that they will be the Next President.
    John mccain is older than WWII and was living during FDR administration.
    Wow he's really old to be a president

257. Djools from Amsterdam Holland

Three things:
    1) the Clinton Dinasty
    2) the Bush Dinasty
    3) his friendship with the GOP.

Btw: we support you.

258. Panos Sparis

Ford's Edsel was younger than McCain

259. Raphael

the moon landing'... flying saucer' ......Buffy the clown'.....and last but not lease ,Rock & Roll"

260. Richard

Dear Jack:

"Rocks."

Richard, Flagstaff, AZ

261. Malcolm

That's a simple one... the next president of the United States. By the way, the next POTUS will be younger than Hillary Clinton.

262. Darryl S , Minnesota

One Word – Dirt

263. Harriet Meaders

The State of Israel is younger than John McCain

264. Olalekan

If elected to the White House, Mc.cain will be younger than the building but older than all the appliances and modern economy. I hope and pray he will not rock the boat.

April 18, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  265. Jack

Everything. The End.
    -Jack in Minnesota

April 18, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  266. Allison, Jamaica

Things that are younger than McCain:
    - the mouse
    - the first registered web domain
    - space exploration
    - Jamaica's independence from Britain!

But I did think of something older than John McCain....Larry King!

April 18, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  267. Janice, Illinois

The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967.

April 18, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  268. agie from SC

Wolf Blitzer, Blog and of course the iPhone.

April 18, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  269. Jim Jurnak

Aren't both the states of Alaska and Hawaii younger than McCain?

Jim
    Phoenix, AZ

April 18, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  270. JoAnn Nelson

Younger than McCain? The first moon landing, TV, Hokey Pokey, Sputnik to name a few.

April 18, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  271. Madeline Shaw

What's younger than...?
    78 RPM records, Magnovox Pong Game, Pesident Toothpaste,
    Radio am, LunchTime little Theatre-Uncle Buckie-Uncle Ned, Mary Heartline-Howdy Dody, J.C. Higgins Bicycles, Marbles,

This is fun ask another one.

Madeline
    Forest Park, IL

April 18, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  272. Rowland

McCain is older than the transistor. McCain is older than the discovery of DNA. McCain is older than jet engine. McCain is older than radial tires. McCain is older than air conditioning.

This dude is old. God bless him. But the next president we have should not be old enough to be impressed that I instinctively know how to use the television remote control.

April 18, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  273. Kristen Ingram

Rap music, sugarless gum, the Superbowl, computers and cable TV are younger than John McCain. So is Barack Obama, who gets my vote. And I'm 77.

April 18, 2008 at 6:16 pm |
  274. Alphanette

Cable tv is younger then Mcthuselah!

April 18, 2008 at 6:17 pm |
  275. Jeff

Hi Jack,

Younger than John McCain? How about 92% of the US population. What more needs to be said?

Keep on keepin' 'em honest Jack.

Jeff
    Colorado

April 18, 2008 at 6:17 pm |
  276. Bob, Boston, MA

Studebaker automobiles. The Dusenberg. The jet fighter plane. Nuclear power. The Grand Coulee Dam. The Saint Lawrence Seaway. The States of Alaska and Hawaii.

April 18, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  277. All American--->

McCain was old when he got to the Senate, so his age can't count for experience. Besides, being on your back giving up US secrets does not a President make.

April 18, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  278. joe cast

Jack ...green bananas and MacCain should not buy them if he likes them ripe

April 18, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  279. Alex

I like Senator McCain, but this sounds like fun. Things that are older than Senator McCain:

Hawaii as a state
    Spam
    and of course the Computer and Microwave ... LOL

Close call: The Hoover Dam is 1 year older than Senator McCain

April 18, 2008 at 6:40 pm |
  280. Pamela R. Kelley

Alaska and Hawaii

But then, Hillary is older than these states too!

April 18, 2008 at 6:40 pm |
  281. Ken Mayeux

They have a saying here in Texas, "You can tell who the pioneers are, they are the ones with the arrows in their backs", this country desperatly needs a black candidate not only to improve race relations and help the disenfranchised, but surely as a priorty, or a female candidate to bring a new perspective to the world of Superpower politics, unfortunately the current dynamic duo do not fill the bill, they have no chance to get elected, both seriously flawed, however they are pioneering the way for other more qualified candidates in the future.

Ken in Texas

April 18, 2008 at 6:41 pm |
  282. Rick - Montebello, CA

Jack, you ask what is younger than "McBush"?
    The answer is: Time

April 18, 2008 at 6:42 pm |
  283. Paul Yhonquea

Well, let’s see... I would have to add DC Comics, knowledge of oil in Saudi Arabia, the computer, television, Liquid Paper, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, the waterbed Honda, NASDAQ, jet aircraft, nylon, Scrabble, disposable diaper, nuclear power, the Integrated Circuit, Polio vaccine, Polaroid Camera, and even the process of carbon dating! Carbon Dating! That says something!

April 18, 2008 at 6:44 pm |
  284. Paul Yhonquea

...and don't forget... Jack Cafferty is younger!!

April 18, 2008 at 6:46 pm |
  285. Kevin

Jack,
    Mccain is old, so are lot of people. It's old who have more wisdom, less selfishness and more compassion. I think he is alright to be president.

April 18, 2008 at 6:47 pm |

Crude oil
    Coal
    Triceratops
    ? The big bang

April 18, 2008 at 6:50 pm |
  289. Dan from Michigan

The transistor, a staple of modern technology, is younger than John McCain.

April 18, 2008 at 6:50 pm |