March 12th, 2008

How will you spend 6-week campaign vacation?

ALT TEXT
Click the play button to see what Jack and our viewers had to say.  Dickenson Bay, Antigua. (PHOTO CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES)

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Now that the Mississippi primaries are over, there is a pause in what seems like the never-ending campaign.

It's been more than a year since this all started, and it seems much longer. We've been bludgeoned with thousands of hours of news reports, dozens of primaries and caucuses, millions of flyers and tv ads, dozens of debates, never ending speeches and on and on.

But now we actually get a bit of a respite, with six weeks to go until the April 22nd Pennsylvania primary.

Now, the good people of Pennsylvania will likely grow to hate the whole process in the next six weeks because there is little else for the candidates to do but inflict themselves on those poor folks. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama will eventually come to be looked upon as guests who just don't know when it's time to leave.

The Wall Street Journal reports the Clinton campaign's plans include blanketing the state with events, recruiting thousands of volunteers and making strategic attacks on Barack Obama. For his part, Obama will also dedicate lots of time and resources to Pennsylvania, although his campaign is expected to talk about it as only one of several upcoming contests, including states like North Carolina, Indiana, West Virginia and Nebraska.

But for now, most of the country gets a break.

Here’s my question to you: How do you plan to spend your six-week vacation from the campaign?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Jerry from Roselle, Illinois writes:
Jack, Let’s see: I can stop using Murine for my eyes, which were glued to CNN. I can have my meals stopped by "Meals on Wheels". I can open the front door and let all the pundits out so they can finally take a bath. I can get that Lazy Boy back in shape for the 2012 election which will probably start in 2009. Will be tough without The Jack Man, Wolf, John King, Gloria and The Situation Room. Bon Voyage.

K. writes:
I live in Las Vegas so I will be placing daily bets on how far the party will continue to splinter and divide itself over the next 6 weeks, creating a smooth path for McCain to become the next president. How sad!

Garrett writes:
Jack, What I will do is irrelevant. I'd like to suggest however that Hillary, Barack and John go to back to DC, at least for the first 3 weeks, and actually do some work in their real jobs as U.S. senators. Yeah, I know, too much to ask.

Patricia from Palmdale, California writes:
By not watching the news. I'll still watch you, Jack. But, I may not pay as close attention to Wolf.

Carol from Norwood, New York writes:
I've become a political addict, thanks to CNN. When I get home from work I make a bee-line to the TV. You've got me hooked, so I guess I'll spend my vacation with you guys.

Drew from Peoria, Illinois writes:
Beating my head against the wall, trying to forget what I have seen unfold and fall apart over the past couple months. Maybe I'll try water-boarding myself.

Leslie from Tennessee writes:
I'm going to be reading Jack's book, “It's Getting Ugly Out There.” The poor thing has been gathering dust on my nightstand.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Mike from Michigan

I plan on praying intensely because I think that due to Hillary's gonna-run-no-matter-who-gets-the-shaft-cause-I-know-every-dirty-trick-in-the-book mentality hurts the democratic party to its core. Barrack Obama may not be the most qualified, which is precisely why I will vote for him. Kind of amazing huh, considering I'm a life-long die-hard Republican. Don't go away mad Hillary, please just go away. We have had enough.

March 12, 2008 at 1:55 pm |
  2. Helen from PA

I live in Pennsylvania – what vacation?

March 12, 2008 at 1:59 pm |
  3. Diane/Allentown, PA

What vacation Jack? I'm in PA. It's gonna be a long six weeks. Six weeks in PA – I'll be waiting for them to show at my door!

We're gonna be double whammied here, you guys will have them on CNN every day – and then the local news will hit us again – every night – and then the national news immediately following.

I'm thinking its time to redecorate, paint, tile, whatever.......my husband will be thrilled.......

March 12, 2008 at 2:01 pm |
  4. Paulette Dallas,PA

I live in PA so there will be something going on just about every day. I will follow the election news closely but make some time to keep an eye on Bush and Cheney and their most recent developments. I also will be answering The Cafferty File daily and watching Wolf in The Situation Room!

March 12, 2008 at 2:03 pm |
  5. Julia Hays from Pitman, NJ

Making Eliot Spitzer jokes as long as it's socially acceptable and watching The Cafferty File.

March 12, 2008 at 2:05 pm |
  6. Roy

I will get my yard work done!

March 12, 2008 at 2:05 pm |
  7. JR Salazar

Jack: Two words: SPRING BREAK.
    I leave it you, Wolf, and the other people of CNN to figure that out.

JR
    Long Beach, CA

March 12, 2008 at 2:11 pm |
  8. Ed Reed

Praying that we can get to next January without Bush and Cheney doing something else stupid.

March 12, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  9. Marlboro Man , Jackson Hole , Wyoming

Gone Fishin Jack... but just to make it sporting i'm using straight hooks....

Marlboro Man , Jackson Hole , Wyoming

March 12, 2008 at 2:13 pm |
  10. Tina Ft Worth

I am sure the media will not give us much of a break from either the race for the White House or the Spitzer mess. And I am quite sure the scandals are not over yet and so there fore I get no break unless I change the channel and watch something else.

March 12, 2008 at 2:13 pm |
  11. Tara McKinney, Texas

In an election year there is no break in the campaign. Besides with gasoline so high and the economy in the toilet who can afford to go on a vacation? Right now I would have to fart just to have a scent in my back pocket!

March 12, 2008 at 2:14 pm |
  12. David Kinney from Lexington, North Carolina

I'm taking a Spring Break vacation in Europe where I can spend my increasingly worthless dollar!

March 12, 2008 at 2:17 pm |
  13. tom tyskiewicz

I AM A PENNSYLVANIAN, THIS SO-CALLED CAMPAIGN VACATION WILL BE CAMPING IN MY LIVING ROOM. NOT A HAPPY THOUGHT!

FOREST HILLS, PA

March 12, 2008 at 2:17 pm |
  14. onenibble

Watching Wolf Blitzer of course !

March 12, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  15. Melanie, Lake Wales, FL

White sand, clear blue water, sun.... Oh yeah! Florida is where I live, and I think I'll go to Clearwater Beach... I need a suntan anyways....

March 12, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  16. MIchael "C" in Lorton, Virginia

In the war of politics, I would be doing more strategy and planning on accomplishing the success of achieving the nomination for the Presidency of the United States.

March 12, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  17. Mary Steele Yorktown VA

I already started my vacation from the campaign, I stopped watching what has become an annoying rehash of the same old thing. It has gotten to be REALLY OLD NEWS.

What has caught my attention is the Democrats disregard for their citizens, by wanting to stick in another bill to give driver's licenses to illegals. A driver's license is a privelege, not a right! Giving them a license is another backdoor approval for them being here and is a form of harboring. Give them a license and you should go to jail!!

March 12, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  18. Nuwan Samaranayake

Unless I can go out of this country, I will have to listen to all these pundits analysing and disecting every words these two candidates say. But as a middle class family, we can not afford to take a 6 weeks vacation. So we are stuck with Jack and others for 6 weeks of nighmare.

Nuwan from Houston, Texas

March 12, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  19. Lori Sadowski

Doing what I can for Obama's campaign. If Obama can possibly win in PA maybe then Hillary will come to her senses and drop out for the good of the Democratic party. Then the Democrats might have a chance to win in November.

Lori

March 12, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  20. Mike

Donating time and money to the Hillary Clinton Campaign :) Maybe even take my two teenage boys (who love Hillary) up to Pennsylvania to help with the camapign :)

March 12, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  21. James in Cape Coral, FL

Jack,
    I'll still be watching everyday from 4-8 and my bet's on CNN not dropping the subject for a single week let alone six, and that's just fine with me. Wolf's not the only political junkie around. Besides, getting a good helping of CNN makes The Daily Show alot more funny.

March 12, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  22. Ken, Alexandria, VA

Hey Jack,
    Ill spend my 6 weeks trying to figure out how Mrs Ferraro says she is not a racist, when she said the exact same racist statement ("If Jesse Jackson were not black, he wouldn't be in the race,") about Jesse Jackson in 1988. What a vacation Jack!

March 12, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  23. john marlton,nj

Visit the Emperors Club, rumor has it they are having a happy finish special.

March 12, 2008 at 2:27 pm |
  24. Bert, Iowa City, IA

It doesn't look like we'll get much of a reprieve from the Washington lunacy. The resignation of General Falon means the time is ripe for George II to deal with his last and most important imperial conquest over the Axis of Evil: Iran. This is his last chance. Think he'll pass? How much do you want to bet?

March 12, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  25. jp/michigan

I will definitely turn off CNN and MSNBC. Rent some movies and enjoy being elsewhere.

March 12, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  26. Carlos, NY

I'll spend the next 6 weeks doing whatever I can to help my candidate win.

Obama/Colin Powell '08!!

March 12, 2008 at 2:31 pm |
  27. Deb from PA

What vacation? I live in Pennsylvania. I'll be working hard for Obama!

March 12, 2008 at 2:31 pm |
  28. Nikki

Scouring the Internet news sites, looking for the latest scandal and spin to come out of both the Clinton and Obama camps, what else??

March 12, 2008 at 2:31 pm |
  29. John

If Hillary Clinton wins every state from now on with 60% of the vote, she will still not have as many pledged delegates as Obama.

So I will be watching the so-called "superdelegates' reach their moment of truth. They have history in their hands, and the strength and future of the Democratic party lies with them.

I'm sure they will do the right thing.

March 12, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  30. Felton from "around the way"

...With all the travelling....I think Hillary needs a "canckle massage"...btw...Cafferty...you're a wild dude !

March 12, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  31. Eric LaRoche

Elections are just way too long as they already are. Campaigning shouldn't be allowed until January 1st of the election year and primaries in June. Wrap it up at the end of the year. I'm sick of all the 2 years of bull we have to endure, nothing gets done in Washington as it is the last thing we need to do is distracted from it every two years for two years.

March 12, 2008 at 2:32 pm |
  32. Joe in DE

A vacation is wishful thinking.

March 12, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  33. Elizabeth in Gregory, TX

I will spend it hoping that, sometime in the next six weeks, Hillary and staff will implode in their own whirlwind of manipulation so that no one can steal the election from the candidate ahead in the delegate count.

The sky will be bluer. The sun will shine brighter.

Elizabeth Lopez
    Gregory, TX

March 12, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  34. ward

I think both canidates should take a couple of days off regroup and thinks things over both have took some pretty hard hits over the last week and both should come out with a positive message because the democrats won't stand a chance against mccain if they keep knocking each other over the head with rheotric

March 12, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  35. Chris Long Grove IL

Sipping Martini's in Puerto Rico, listening to the ocean and basking in the Sun awaiting Puerto Rico's primary. I'll even get you a ticket, Jack.

March 12, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  36. Sandi

Jack:

I will be moving to the midwest, plains states, setting up my television, reading anything and everything I can find on the campaigns and OF COURSE watching CNN to keep up on the latest news!

March 12, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  37. JD

I have primary fatigue. I am sure we'll hear it on the news, but until it is closer to the election who cares ? I don't think any of the remaining primaries are that important and will most likely have skewed results.

The remaining states have lots of Republicans who can cross over now that McCain is their candidate. I view the remaining contests results as very unreliable either way. Hillary will win PA, the question is the margin But no matter, she cannot overcome the delegate count, unless she wins every remaining race by at least 63 or 65 %.

Maybe the DNC will come to their sense and end this nightmare. Declare a winner and force the superdelegates to vote .
    That is the only way the Dem's have a chance in NOV. If this goes to August, then it will be President McCain and a broken Democratic party.

March 12, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  38. CHARLOTTE

Jack, With CNN watching the people in Pennsylvania. Where else would I be with the future of this country hanging in the balance. We are in the mist of the most important election in a long while. The super delegates will have a tough job on their hands in Denver. I have been hanging on ever word for sometime now, I would suffer withdrawals if I just stopped all of a sudden.
    Charlotte
    Clovis, Ca

March 12, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  39. Damian

Canvasing for Hillary!

March 12, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  40. Troy from Springfield IL

I'll probably quit watching so much CNN.... sorry.

March 12, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  41. Randy Rivas

Go back to what I was doing before throwing darts Darts at Bush and Cheney and laughing it up watching 'lil Bush' on Comedy Central

March 12, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  42. Dennis, Dallas, Texas

I'll keep tabs with the Pennsylvania over the next six weeks to see how the discussion of the issues are evolving. However, I'm relieved that there will not be endless post-primary and post-caucus speeches to keep up with. I've already noticed that the amount of Democratic primary articles has gone down since the Texas and Ohio primaries, which has allowed me to catch up on the rest of the world.

March 12, 2008 at 2:37 pm |
  43. Don in Grand Rapids, Mi

Vacation? Come on Jack do you really think there's going to be a pause? The only way that will ever happen is if the electric company shuts you guys off!

March 12, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  44. Chuck B Coastal NC

I'm sure that Bush,Gates,Cheney and this pirated administration will keep our attention. Remember, they don't think the constitution doesn't apply to them...........

March 12, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  45. Hugh Gavin

I will spend the next six weeks watching Obama trying to get all the newscasters fired for reporting the very large AfricanAmerican vote in all the states. Each primary evening, are the newscasters not saying the same thing as Geraldine Ferraro?

March 12, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  46. Phil in KC, MO

There will be no vacation, Jack. The candidates will be there constantly and we will be bombarded by it. The tone will turn even more negative and you will report it. The people in PA will learn what it's like to get Iowa-like attention, except that this contest will not be nearly as up-beat or pleasant.

March 12, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  47. Greg, NY

Unfortunately I'll be spending my 6 weeks watching the Democrats tear the party apart and pave the way for a McCain win.

March 12, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  48. Jay in Kansas

A long campaign is the best thing that could possibly happen to democrats. People are energized, even the negative energy helps. It will help the winner of the contest because the democratic base will have gained a lot of otherwise apathetic voters in November. The small vacation should be used to tone DOWN the rhetoric coming out of both camps.

As for me, during the I will continue struggling to pay my bills until we have a President who realizes that federal intervention is necessary to help. A little laughter can't hurt either.

March 12, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  49. April in texas

Well I will continue to follow the canidates and watch rallys online or television. I will watch the media and see if for some reason my view on Obama or Clinton change. I voted for Obama and have enjoyed his rallys. Clinton has yet to convince me she will be as good as Obama if she is the nominee which in part will play a huge deal on ho I vote come November. For McCain, well hes basically another Bush on his views and that won't change.

Obama '08

Austin Texas

March 12, 2008 at 2:42 pm |
  50. Larry from Georgetown, Tx

There will be plenty of sad news to follow in the political arena. Every day some politician will be on the Breaking News portion of CNN as they say something that is offensive to one of the candidates, or Hillary will be whining about Florida and Michigan and especially since Obama won Texas, a large Red state, or a governor will do something stupid and sincerely apologize, the games are endless in our country. It will also be interesting to see how creative you are Jack for the Cafferty file.

March 12, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  51. Mickey Gubatosi , Tinsel Town , Ca

Jack,

dunno , restaurants give me gas... and i can't really leave town without permission.

Mickey Gubatosi , Tinsel Town , Ca

March 12, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  52. Hugh Gavin

I will be watching Obama trying to get all the newscasters fired for their past reporting on the very large African American vote after each primary. Arn't the newscasters saying the same thing as Gereldine Ferraro?

March 12, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  53. W B in Las Vegas

Jack,

it's time for NCAA Basketball's "March Madness", the greatest single elimination tournament in all of sports. good way to decompress from all the political baloney over the last year.

March 12, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  54. Jawan, University of Arizona

Finally, maybe I can actually study for midterms now.

March 12, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  55. Lynn in Iowa

I plan to spend my 6-week "vacation" doing just what I have been doing for the last year plus....keeping a close watch on the most important presidential election in my lifetime!

March 12, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  56. Richard, Toronto

This is going to be an interesting six weeks – no respite. The only chance Hillary has to gain the delegate lead is to cause a dramatic seachange in the way the public perceives Obama. Whilst her public persona remains in optimistic denial of this, certainly there is some devious plot in the works – she is not stupid.

March 12, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  57. Kenny Kimbrell

Perhaps I will give a second read to your book, and possibly try and talk some more people out of drinking the Clinton Kool-Aid. Reading your book again is easy. Talking to HRC supporters is not so easy and comparable to talking a man out of smoking on the same day that he lost his job, his wife left him and his dog died.

Kenny – Oklahoma City, Okla.

March 12, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  58. Davis - Minneapolis

I will enjoy not having my stomach turn every time I see a new tactical strategy from Senator Clinton...though Im not overly confident she wont come up with something...perhaps she should consider to throwing an actual kitchen sink...

March 12, 2008 at 2:49 pm |
  59. Anthony Garritano

What break Jack, there's never a break in politics. Both campaigns will provide us with plenty of entertainment leading up to Pennsylvania and beyond, just look at Obama's press conference with some retired military officials that just happened this afternoon. I love it when politicians pull out the theatrics to try to hide their obvious weaknesses.

March 12, 2008 at 2:49 pm |
  60. Rob from Arvada,CO

Jack, I think the candidates should go over-seas and do some diplomacy in the nations abroad. This would be a great opportinunity to garner some recent foreign policy experience. Meet with representatives of those nations and lay the foundation for the 2009 presidency.

March 12, 2008 at 2:49 pm |
  61. Patti, Lansdowne, PA

Working for the Hillary for President PA campaign, of course!

March 12, 2008 at 2:50 pm |
  62. BJ Smith

I was just thinking, might be a good time to turn off TV & stay away from all the blogs, but do not have much faith a true political junkie can do that.

I will however read Barack's book, have been trying for a week, but CNN keeps dragging me back.

BJ Seminole, FL

March 12, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  63. William Henderson

Jack,

I plan to spend it reading about how bone headed and un imaginative the DNC was in running this campaign. That'll be the next focus. I guess this is the GAP left open that Florida and Michigan should have filled. The more I look at the bonehead moves in Washington the more I am inclined to blame the dithering Democrats.

Bill H. Long Island NY

March 12, 2008 at 2:52 pm |
  64. Heather

A six-week campaign vacation equals a six-week vacation from the news media. I will catch up with you, Jack and others in April.

March 12, 2008 at 2:53 pm |
  65. Rob the Bruce

Hey Jack. Unfortunately, I will remain just as glued to the election news as I have been. Until the day that the general election is decided, most likely I will continue to be very, very distracted from normal life by all that's happening...

March 12, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  66. Donna Richardson

Jack: The press can talk all it wants about Obama's delegate lead but if you actually look at the states he has won you will know that he cannot win in November. Both campaigns have become very polarizing (including me as a Clinton supporter). We did not start out that way but when the Press started stirring the pot for Obama, the women over 50 in this country could see what was happening and we joined Hillary's campaign because we are seething – some of us may vote in November for the GOP candidate if Hillary loses the nomination but the real problem for the DNC is that we will stop giving to the DNC and the two off shoots for senate and congressmen and that is going to last for a while – we are very MAD and we have been donating because we thought there was a fair playing field but we now see that it is an All Boys Club. I'm a Blue Dog Democrat and Barack Obama is too liberal for me in his choice of supporters from the East Coast.

March 12, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  67. Samantha Fredericksburg, Virginia

Moreover, they are carefully calculated to resonate with an American electorate insecure of its own future economic fortunes. Under such circumstances, it almost always works to circle the wagons and claim to keep the foreigners out of the tent of American politics.

March 12, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  68. Anastasia

I will focus on things I enjoyed before all of this craziness started. I have found this process to emotionally draining, especially after finding out that African Americans vote for Obama simply because he is black. Only a simpleton would assume something so idiotic. Well I have news for everyone:
    a.) All black people can't dance.
    b.) If Clarence Thomas was running for president blacks would not vote for him.
    c.) We (African Americans) do not focus on race when making important life decisions, such as selecting the President.

I live in Omaha, Nebraska and Obama was the first candidate to campaign here since Kennedy. I guess we weren't a big enough state to attract Hillary.

March 12, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  69. Debby

Easy one Jack,

Changing the channel here in our office and getting CNN off our home pages.

March 12, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  70. Leah DiMarco, TX

What vacation? Jack, do you really think that the mud-slinging by the Clinton Machine will slow down for six weeks? I am sure there will be no let up from the pundits regarding the campaigns and there will still be spin on all the major news networks. Once Senator Obama wins the nomination THEN we can all go an a vacation because then America will know who will be in the White House come January 2009.

Leah, Houston Texas

March 12, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  71. Bernadette from Chicago

A six-week break from a campaign. If it were me, I'd sleep. If it were John McCain, he'd sleep. And if it were Elliott Spitzer, he'd - well, you know.

March 12, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  72. Marissa

I will be spending the six week vacation watching Hillary do what ever she can to stay alive in this race. i want to see just how low she will go!! and being a college student i will hopefully bring up my grades and finish the semester on a strong note since i have been spending so much time procrastinating by watching the latest election news!!

Obama supporter from Nashville,TN

March 12, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  73. Pat S

Hoping you all clear your minds and come to your senses about what is important. Economy, Healthcare, Education...

Pat S
    Warner Robins

March 12, 2008 at 2:56 pm |
  74. Arnold,WV

Might do some trout fishing and check the comedy sections of the newspaper daily to see what the Demecratic party is up to.

March 12, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  75. Paul

I was hoping to go on a hunting trip with Dick Cheney. If that fails I was hoping I could be of some assistance for Dr. Kevorkian's bid for congress. Other than that I might answer more questions on the Cafferty File as long as they're not about the election.
    Paul
    Dacula, GA

March 12, 2008 at 2:58 pm |
  76. Jorge from Monterey, California

Jack, I will pack my bags and I travelling to Pennsylvania to campaign for Barack Obama!!! I will do it on my own cost and I will do door to door campaigning for him... so no vacation for me!!!

March 12, 2008 at 2:58 pm |
  77. Candi South Carolina

It will not be a vacation if CNN ir the media talking about Hillary throwing the bathroom toliet at Obama. I wish I could see how Hillary would be a charming old lady in the White House but with all the studpid stuff she has been doing, I don't know. Maybe she needs Bill to take her away on a Calagon bath retreat.

March 12, 2008 at 2:58 pm |
  78. Andrew Tyra

I, for one, could use and welcome a vacation from the constant barrage of half-truths, veiled racist allegations, rule changes and unfounded claims of international "experience" from the Clinton battalion. This race for the democratic nomination could use a vacation of its own...unfortunately, that will not be happening anytime soon. After all, it now looks as though the 2nd place candidate is somehow in 1st place...right? Wow, now I am really confused...geesh, I really do need a vacation. Jack, you know of any destinations in the northeast...maybe a nice cottage outside Scranton, PA? Should be peaceful this time of year. Oh wait...

Andrew
    Peoria, IL

March 12, 2008 at 2:59 pm |
  79. carolyn from Florida

I would love to believe that we will have a break from the intensity of this campaign, but I fear that the media will attempt to hold us hostage by creating news where there really is none in order to keep the ratings up. This fear became confirmed when I watched John Kelly assert that HRC would catch BO if she won the remaining states by a fair but proportional margin. Using this as criteria, he ran his map and it showed just the opposite. Obama was still in the lead. The look on his and Wolf Blitzer's faces was priceless. However during the next segment, Kelly adjusted the margins to favor HRC (65/35) so that she took the lead JUST to keep the drama going. Give us a break PLEASE!

March 12, 2008 at 2:59 pm |
  80. John in San Diego

Campaign vacation? Not me. I'll be watching CNN to catch Hillary's non-stop whining and her campaign's loose cannon of the day, and Obama's measured responses as the train moves inexorably toward delivering Barack to Denver – without the Clintons.

March 12, 2008 at 3:00 pm |
  81. Jan

You are all welcome here in Jamaica!!!!!!. We will teach you how to relax and how not to become overheated as soon as some candidate or campaign comes up with another nasty remark . The race is over anyway: Hillary seems to suffer from some kind of HUCKABEE SYNDROME. The comparison also goes because she starts showing increasingly conservative behavior and talk, for example with her fear mongering around 'experience' and 'dangerous 3 am situations'...

March 12, 2008 at 3:00 pm |
  82. Roger from Miami, Florida

Crossing my fingers and hoping this mess in Florida gets fixed so I can vote again for real. That and probably watching too much CNN.

March 12, 2008 at 3:01 pm |
  83. fernandez, Chicago

Vacation from CNN. What is the best political team in the country going to do? Vacation with Obama.
    Maybe you could have Hannity or Wallace interview Obama , since you guys are so "Nice" to him.

March 12, 2008 at 3:01 pm |
  84. jan

Jack, you wouldn't be putting down the importance of the Pennsylvania campaign, would you? Your candidate, Barrack seems to be doing the same thing! And he says Hilary Clinton is waving the white flag in his favored states. Please don't resent the lady for having her day–it's been pretty even so far! Except her states will probably carry more weight in the General Election-at least that is what the CNN experts say! May the best woman win!

March 12, 2008 at 3:01 pm |
  85. Pam

Hoping Hilary Clinton wakeup and stopping splitting the Democratic Party. You would think by now that the leaders of the Democratic Party would step in and say Ok that's enough, one of you will be the Candidate and the other will be the VP. Please leader do your job and stop the Clinton's from putting another Republicans and the Whitehouse.

March 12, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  86. Sennen

I will tune in from time to time, and my wife will hate me for it....she doesnt know how I can still be this motivated after all the negative campaigning and tactics Hillary Clinton and her band of merry men has put this country thru.....just go away Hillary, go away!

March 12, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  87. Karen - LasVegas

We're going to Mississippi! Well, just for one week. The rest of the time, I hope that the pundits shutup and let Pennsylvania happen without their input. So, I guess I'm living in a fantasy world for the remaining time!

March 12, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  88. Gerry

I'm going to go help Hillary on her campaign for Govenor of New York, once Bill takes me to the Emporor's club.

March 12, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  89. Ron from Fl.

I live in Florida and will probably spnd the next 6 weeks watching what goes on with our votes. Since no one wants to come to a reasonable agreement, I think they should cut the delegate count in half like the RNC did, and set the delegates according to the privious primary. as for Mich., They need a re-vote of some kind due to the fact since Obama was not on the ballot and 40%of the vote is uncommitted. To even think of seating these delegates as is is freely handing Clinton the nomination.

March 12, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  90. Aaron B.; Champaign, IL

Break? What break? I don't think most people realize that four and a half to five weeks from now, another "scandal" will be reported by one side of the party, hoping to tip the scale of the Penn votes. It's going to happen, just wait and see.

March 12, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  91. Mike Nunn

Will just a few weeks without constant election B.S. Perhaps we can also forget Spitzer and get on with life. Time for you idiots to go after Bush. You have ignored your responsibilities for too long.

March 12, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  92. Patricia

Well... Jack, while I'll still watch you, I'm not gonna be watching so much of Wolf.... Nothing personal Wolf, but, frankly I cared more about Adm. Fallon resigning than I did about Eliot Spitzer's mess. Yet, I thought short shrift was given to Adm. Fallon & frankly the mess in Iraq is more important than whether Eliot paid $4300 to a "lady of the evening".
    Patricia,
    Palmdale, Ca.

March 12, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  93. harry WINSTON-SALEM

I going to Obama island and drink some Obama mama's and chill because a hurricane by the name of Hillary not Katrina is going to hit land in Penn. then work its way down IND, NC so JACK I hope you make it out safe this is the same warning President Bush gave to Louisianna. Don't forget it took him 5 days to see if the aftermath.

March 12, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  94. L.M.,Arizona

Yeah right you and Wolf won't come up with some stories true or not.

March 12, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  95. Andrew from Peoria, IL

Unfortunately, I will likely be spending the majority of my time scratching my head and trying to figure out the logic, or lack thereof, behind statements that keep coming out of Clinton platoon.

Or maybe I will follow Geraldine Ferraro's lead and just stick my head up my own...as you suggested Jack, I could use a vacation.

March 12, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  96. Kathryn

I'll be praying for another debate, and then another, then another – because – God knows we haven't had enough of them yet.

March 12, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  97. Dan, Washington DC

Searching for the answer to the ultimate question...

It has become quite obvious that neither party ever wants the nominee process to extend beyond super tuesday. So then why are there so many primaries and caucases after super tuesday?

It's time that politicians realize that we no longer live in the 1800s, and with today's mass media, anyone can find out anything they want about any candidate. If you want to keep tradition for tradition's sake, then you can keep the early voting dates where they are, but please make super tuesday a national primary day. There's no reason to drag this out as long as they do, and it only results in average Americans becoming more and more disillusioned with the whole process. I'm only 24 and I'm already fed up with politicians.

March 12, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  98. Brooke

I plan to spend the next six weeks watching President Bush for any change in his Middle East policy, and I wish the media would, too.
    Senator Clinton has warned several times that Bush could sign a secret agreement that would greatly compromise either democratic candidate regarding America's withdrawal from Iraq. Could this be why Cheney is suddenly off to the Middle East?

March 12, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  99. A.F. Cook, www.redzonepolitics.com -- Arlington, VA

Going to try posting this again ... I'm going to spend my break from the Obama 'n' Hillary show by working and blogging, but also on sending strategic talking points to the Obama campaign on how to communicate more effectively with white, blue-collar voters of the type that are supposedly presenting him with problems in states like Pennsylvania.

I have already laid out a citizen-strategist's take on the hurdles for Democrats in my book, "Democrats in the Red Zone: an Independent voter's take on the game of political perception," which looks at the link between an appreciation for the all-American team sport of football and a winning political strategy - especially when it comes to connecting with "the guy vote." Since Obama needs to retool his message to include less loftiness and more "meat 'n' potatoes" talk, I'll do what I can to help.

Jack, I hope you read the book (I can send you a copy) - it's right up your alley!

March 12, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  100. Drew - Peoria, IL

Beating my head against the wall, trying to forget what I have seen unfold and fall apart over the past couple months. Maybe I'll try water-boarding myself, I hear that works and it must be safe.

March 12, 2008 at 3:12 pm |
  101. SLY IN FL.

JACK, I'M A FLORIDA RESIDENT AND THOUGHT FUN IN THE FLORIDA SUN WAS CLOSE AT HAND...BUT NOOOO.....I'LL HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE LOCAL HACKS FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS BICKERING ABOUT AN ISSUE THEY THEMSELVES CREATED. PERHAPS I'LL SEE IF I CAN VISIT THE WHITE HOUSE FOR THE NEXT SIX WEEKS. AT LEAST THERE I'M SURE NOT TO GET SO MUCH AS A HINT ABOUT WHATS GOING ON ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY.

March 12, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  102. Jerry

Jack

Lets see, I can stop using Murine for my eyes which were glued
    to the CNN Channel.
    I can have my meals stopped by " Meals on Wheels".
    I can open the front door and let all the Pundits out so
    they can finally take a bath.
    I can get that Lazy Boy back in shape for the 2012
    election which will probably start in 2009.
    Will be tough without The Jack Man, Wolf, John King,
    Gloria and The Situation Room.

Bon Voyage

Jerry
    Roselle, Illinois

March 12, 2008 at 3:14 pm |
  103. mitchell martin ark.

i'll be praying that hillary drops out,hopes to be picked for obama's vp,and is disappointed ,that barack has to pick a running mate,who has real integrety,like,say , john edwards?he has already shown that he fits well,with obama's positive,hope-filled campaign.

March 12, 2008 at 3:15 pm |
  104. Sam Foster, Katy Texas

Watching what highjinks the Clinton camp gets into! They are kinda like Saturday morning cartoons. One day the Keystone Kops and the next something from Disney. Always amusing and I do like being amused while on vacation!

March 12, 2008 at 3:15 pm |
  105. Rick in Florida

Watching the Pakistanis unite their Govt; watching the Iraqis unite their Govt; and wishing Hillary would just go away so that we can begin uniting our Govt.....but its more likely pigs will fly.

March 12, 2008 at 3:16 pm |
  106. Eric

Vacation?? I can't afford to take a vacation seeing as how I won't be getting my mortgage paid for by others and don't qualify for any of the "refund" of money already stolen from me thru excessive taxes.

I'll be working hard, as usual, so the politicians can give it away to the freeloaders. Borat and Shrillary have already promised to take more from me and give to those that "deserve".....PLEASE...Beam me up- this is not the United States I grew up in-

March 12, 2008 at 3:16 pm |
  107. Garrett

Jack –

What I will do is irrelevant. I'd like to suggest however, that Hillary, Barack and John to back to DC, at least for the first 3 weeks, and actually do some work in their REAL jobs as US senators. Yeah, I know, too much to ask.

March 12, 2008 at 3:16 pm |
  108. ben

I plan on writing a whole bunch of my stupid blogs, and storing them so I will not waste time when we get back to the main ring circus. I'll just grab one and throw it out there.

March 12, 2008 at 3:16 pm |
  109. Christine

As a former Pennsylvanian, I'll be going through campaign withdrawal and fretting about the obvious questions which the press aren't asking, like "Just because Hillary's 'won' the big states, why does everyone seem to assume that those same big states won't be voting Democratic in the fall?" And also, when everyone talks about the urban centers in PA. why aren't they mentioning Erie, and Harrisburg? What about all the Pennsylvania Colleges? Shouldn't Obama be playing to the folks there? A lot of latte liberals at colleges and universities! Remember, white people vote for Obama too!

The Obama campaign should keep in mind, Pennsylvania has contributed mightily to the Iraq war ( a lot of the kids who where dragged into the Abu Grab mess were from PA) and a lot of people felt like the military higher ups were let off easy in that mess while the everyday soldier took the hit.

For the last two years, everytime I've gone back home everyone I know there says their voting democratic because they're sick of Bush, sick of the war, and I'm sure now, sick of the economy.

Christine in Jersey City

March 12, 2008 at 3:17 pm |
  110. Johan BC Canada

Too many white lies turned into blackstabbing. What change is she talking about. ???

March 12, 2008 at 3:17 pm |
  111. Dwayne

I plan to spend my next six weeks purging my mind of all the denigrating racial comments made by the Clinton Campaign on Barack Obama, this comments affect me just as much as they affect Barack Obama. I have worked hard to achieve everything I have in life and would hate to be told that I achieved them simply because of my race. I once admired Hilliary Clinton but now see her truly for what she is!!!! I think I will spend the next six weeks singing "Kumbia my Lord, Kumbia!" to get the Democratic Party together again.

March 12, 2008 at 3:18 pm |
  112. Brenda IN NJ

I'm a OBAMA lover in South Jersey, I'm gonna run across the Ben Franklin or Walt Whitman or any way I can get there and help fight the good fight in PA. Never can be to careful with those Clinton folks-here they are promising to "sell the Betsy Ross Bridge" in a great deal over in Philly and Eddy Renny will help.

March 12, 2008 at 3:19 pm |
  113. Dave Brooklyn, NY

I might actually watch some TV for a change. I don’t watch much now because my eyes had glossed over many months ago. It’s been like watching a game of Pong, with the puck going back and forth endlessly. I may try to watch a news program again, but this is a joke, right? You’re not really going to stop torturing us every day with "news" of the candidates are you?

March 12, 2008 at 3:20 pm |
  114. Ronald Kepics

Hi Jack:

I will wait and see what the media does. It would be nice not having to deal with "THE ELECTRONIC BLACK HOLE OF POLITICS." My "PERSONAL CONFUSER" needs some time off. I doubt it will get any.

Ron K. San Diego

March 12, 2008 at 3:20 pm |
  115. sean

NEVER MIND 6 WEEKS , IM WAITING FOR 5 WEEKS .TAX RECORDS , THE FAT LADY WILL SING LOUD ND LOUD .

March 12, 2008 at 3:20 pm |
  116. Anne from Los Angeles

I will be spending time looking for the Obama people, taking their names and numbers, and if Obama ends up the nominee – I will know who to go find and blame when the Republicans get the White House. Maybe I can make a bet with them tand have them all buy me a drink so we can drown our tears when they wake up and figure out the kool-aide was spiked.

March 12, 2008 at 3:21 pm |
  117. Cole McDonough

I started my vacation effective today.....my birthday! My partner & I are planning our vacation in Guatemala & Costa Rica....sun, palm trees, & beautifal beaches!! We love being new Independent voters! Thanks Lou!! Keep them squirming!

March 12, 2008 at 3:22 pm |
  118. Martie in Gardner,Massachusetts

Jack, I'll be watching the news about New Yorks' ex-governor. You know, "Client #9", Eliot Spitzer. More specifically, I'll be waiting to hear what number Bill Clinton was holding.

March 12, 2008 at 3:22 pm |
  119. Keith

How do you plan to spend your six-week vacation from the campaign?

I'm going to spend my six week vacation trying to figure out why some people (including many in the media) are befuddled by a large number of African Americans supporting Obama, when this SAME political insight is just an AFTERTHOUGHT when these SAME African American voters have supported candidates like Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Jimmy Carter, etc... in the SAME large numbers?

Go figure?

March 12, 2008 at 3:22 pm |
  120. Mike in St. Petersburg, Florida

I'll spend it thanking my personal God I am not in Pennsylvania for the next six weeks.

March 12, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  121. Sharon from Michigan

Thank heaven for the political break, perhaps now my blood pressure will go down for a few weeks. Of course, being a Barack fan, I blame Hillary for my stress. But perhaps now I can concentrate on other issues, like my job. Of course, the Michigan election re-do has me pissed off (forget the re-do, split the delegates, seat 'em or something like that). But then again that's mild compared to Hillary..

March 12, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  122. sean

Jack , Never mind Penn results , Only Colin Powell Can stop Clinton's Ergo by Enrdosing Obama .

March 12, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  123. Ruthie, Stone Mountain GA

I'm going to take my kids on vacation and pray the DNC ends this mess soon. It is getting uglier by the minute. Let just hope Billy does'nt free Willy so we want have another political mess on our hands. Spitzer has given us enough drama on this issue to last the rest of this year.

March 12, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  124. Amy, Kalamazoo MI

Jack,

I plan to do what I do everyday. Raise my kids, feed the family, hope one of the candidates gets taken out by a freak meteor so we can finally rally behind one of them, decide how once and for all how I feel about a revote in my state, wash the dog, spring clean, etc etc. Life goes on.

March 12, 2008 at 3:25 pm |
  125. Ron from PA

What vacation? I have to listen to all these ads now!

March 12, 2008 at 3:25 pm |
  126. Howard King

It's unfortunate the democrats have all of this in fighting going on instead of just running on what you believe and your record. I was a Clinton supporter but more and more it seem as if Hillary thinks being president is her birth right. Her comments about McCain and herself crossing a certain theshold to be president and Obama only giving a speech in 2002 in a kin to political treason. You do not throw your party opponent under the bus like that and praise a member of the opposing party. Just shows desperation on her part .

Howard – Minnesota

March 12, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  127. Going To Broadway

Jack,

My sisters and I have bought our tickets to see “Cat On A Hot Tin Roof” on Broadway. We are so excited to see James Earl Jones, Phylicia Rashad, Terrence Howard, and Anika Noni Rose. We also have great orchestra seats, 4 rows from the stage.

I’m flying all the way from California, but it will be worth it to celebrate my one sister’s birthday.

I also plan to work for the Obama campaign when I return. I want a better country for my grandchildren. I have a feeling after going through this “silly season”, I will feel like a cat on a hot tin roof.

Mrs. Dorothy Henderson
    Orange County, CA

March 12, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  128. monica

I'm going to spend my time calling to register PA voters through March 24th. Then I'll call PA voters and encourage them to vote for Barack.

Obama '08!

March 12, 2008 at 3:28 pm |
  129. fernandez, Chicago

Maybe Americans should read the constitution so they could figure out how a President is elected, who makes the laws in this country and who interprets the law. It may help when a vote is cast. Most Delegates today are afraid to vote for the most qualified person, they may not get re-elected to Congress
    Our forefathers did not trust the wisdom of Americans to elect a President hoping that the electors would have a better choice.

March 12, 2008 at 3:28 pm |
  130. Cindy

Hugh, Obama never tried getting a newscaster fired, but Hillary did... she got one on MSNBC suspended.

A 6 week vacation?!? omg, what to do.. what to do. If you guys in the media promise to not blow Clinton dirty tactics out of proportion, I promise not to get fed up and react to them. That's a good enough vacation for me. I liked it better when the election made me feel good about my country, not bad.

March 12, 2008 at 3:28 pm |
  131. Dee

I plan to pray and take plenty of Tylenol, because Senator Clinton is giving me a massive headache. She is going to spin this campaign to death, create her own reality, play the victim, blame the media for being unfair to her and push her colleagues to voice exactly what she is thinking....to see if Senator Obama will actually digest her poisonous bait.

Dee-Atlanta

March 12, 2008 at 3:29 pm |
  132. monica

I’m going to spend my time calling, from Boise, Idaho, to register PA voters through March 24th. Then I’ll call PA voters and encourage them to vote for Barack.

Obama ‘08!

March 12, 2008 at 3:29 pm |
  133. AG, Erie

I'm in PA and it's all started to roll down hill. Ex-Pres Clinton was here today with his I want to be the first lady routine. I thought he was already the First lady. Who knew?

March 12, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  134. Melissa Towne

I'll be in Pennsylvania and North Carolina, campaigning :-)

(I support Obama.)

March 12, 2008 at 3:31 pm |
  135. Anthony

Jack , I will search for a kernel of wheat in this snowstorm of chaff that we have been subjected to by the Impresario of Innuendo -HRC. Her campaign tactics will have us throwing oranges at each other by the time we get to Florida.

March 12, 2008 at 3:31 pm |
  136. Rhea

Jack,
    I will be praying for the Democratic Party in hopes that the leaders who are out there will take a firm stand and unite the party. Things are getting ugly and I started to cry yesterday over that fact. Everytime I hear the issue of race come up, it strikes a nerve because it is time that our country stops being defined by this. The Democratic party is so diverse and that is the beauty of it. Where are our Democratic leaders? Let's begin putting this party back together. We can't afford any divisions.

March 12, 2008 at 3:32 pm |
  137. Bud Curtis

Jack,
    No vacation for this kid! I am afraid I will miss the big announcement...the one where Obama finally reveals details about the changes he intends.
    Bud
    Miami, OK

March 12, 2008 at 3:32 pm |
  138. Stephen Hubbard

"I call upon Hillary Clinton to quit whining about Florida and Michigan and drop out already. Thank you...now watch this drive!"

March 12, 2008 at 3:32 pm |
  139. waldo

I will definitelly be missing the weely political drama. The CNN politics updates had become my favorite show for the first time in my tender age of 50.
    BTW, what is this nonsense of Pensilvania or the states that the Clintons could win are the ones that count. I consider this to be against our democratic values. A vote in Hawai or Alaska hs the same value as a vote in NY or CA.
    I live in OREGON and my vote should count and be respected.
    Waldo-OR

March 12, 2008 at 3:32 pm |
  140. Rex in Portland, Ore.

I vote in favor of vacations. Those that do not just do not understand. Perhaps they do not have enough experience with vacations to be qualified to take one. It isn't enough to just talk about vacations – you gotta have action with 'em. I am the most experienced vacation taker on the block, and I am in favor of them at Day One.

March 12, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  141. tco

We live with a small herd of cats and one dog, all indoors, all spayed or neutered. Every day one or two of the younger boy cats try to take over the household only to be thwarted by the others. After a day of high speed chases, overturned furniture, remade beds, and some rather foul language (uttered by the humans), the cats call a truce and take a nap together, usually curled up next to the dog. Watching them is little different from watching the Democrats fight with one another, except my cats and dog are more civil and have better manners.

March 12, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  142. Wensley Edmond from Miami, FL

I will be praying that Hillary comes to her senses and distance herself from Geraldine Ferrerro. As a Hillary supporter, there is no way I can continue to support her if her campaign gets entangled in Geraldine's racist movement. She will not only jeopardize her chance at the presidency but she'll ruin Bill's legacy. I will be forced to vote McCain in the general election if she was the nominee because I will never support a candidate who doesnt "denounce and reject" such comments.

On a lighter note, its always vacation in Miami.

March 12, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  143. Chuck Warren,Ohio

Jack: My wife and I are going to Florida to spend some time in the sun where their votes only count on the GOP side!!!

March 12, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  144. steve o, barstow, ca

I'll be excessively contemplatling where hillary gets all those voodoo dolls and pins to stick into barack, and how much she'll spend daddy warbucks dollars.

March 12, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  145. d

Workin, working, working and more working.............trying to keep up with our financial situation and trying to keep the family together through these super tuff times. We have NOT had any type of vacation over the last 10 years. I guess you would call this family (who runs a small business) just trying to make it Jack!!!! What ever happened to "The American Dream"...............we don't have it yet, and I fear my kids and grandkids will NEVER see it.

Oh by the way, we are from MICHIGAN

March 12, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  146. Katherine, Escanaba MI

Rehearsing- I've got lots of music to get through in the next six weeks with Holy week and Easter coming up – then a fund raiser performance for our local art center.

March 12, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  147. PleaseDon'tDeleteThisCOmment

I will spent my vacction working in Nursing home taking care of Ms. Ferraro. what a vacction.

March 12, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  148. PD from CA

I'll spend the next six weeks doing what Americans all across the nation are doing: attempting some kind of "creative budgeting" in order to pay my staggering heating bill, passing up on fresh produce in grocery store because fruit and veggies have become luxury items, keeping a fistful of smelling salts handy when I fill the gas tank... and I'll be reading and watching all things about the Dem race for the nomination because I'm a hopeless political junkie.

March 12, 2008 at 3:37 pm |
  149. Harvey

CNN & MSNBC will take no vacation..they will continue with race and gender issues right up to Penn Primary. The only way to get away is to watch animal planet and then I sure we will see a familure face

March 12, 2008 at 3:37 pm |
  150. Frank

In therapy trying to my happy place because there is no good going to come out of all this nonsense.

Frank

March 12, 2008 at 3:37 pm |
  151. Greg

Why, Jack, I'm going to be reading a book entitled, "It's Getting Ugly Out There" of course.

Greg from Chicago Suburbs

March 12, 2008 at 3:38 pm |
  152. chuck cornett

Jack,Being retired nowI really enjoy watching Cnn which is what ill keep doing and watching more Lou Dobbs I really enjoy listening to him and I just got his book Independence Day I think ill start reading it now on break.

March 12, 2008 at 3:40 pm |
  153. Sandra from Chicago, IL

Jack,

The candidates need to wrap this up because now that American Idol is in full swing and the writers are off-strike, they are going to start losing viewer and interested Americans very quickly.
    I know Hillary says that Bill didn't wrap up the nomination until June, but less people were interested. If they want to turn off the public let this interrupt the Final Four, the NBA finals and other major events.

March 12, 2008 at 3:41 pm |
  154. Kevin- Webster, MA

To keep myself occupied and ready for the next round I'll just watch cartoons. At least it won't be too much of a stretch from this years political game.

March 12, 2008 at 3:42 pm |
  155. Terry from North Carolina

Jack
    I guess you and I and Wolf along with the best political team will have some extra time on our hands Durado Beach Puerto Rico looks pretty good to me. 18 holes with Chi Chi.

March 12, 2008 at 3:42 pm |
  156. Joe -Iowa

Campaigning and collecting donations for Ralph Nadar, after the latest polls its looking good for the third party candidate to win all those disenfranchised voters !

March 12, 2008 at 3:42 pm |
  157. Paula, 40yo, white female!

Still working my arse off to pay for the high cost of gas....

Oh and making sure the Barack Obama is finally recognized as the rightful Democrat nominee so we can focus on the general election and beat John McCain.

Three words.... STOP HILLARY, NOW!

March 12, 2008 at 3:42 pm |
  158. Pat

I'm going to follow BJ Smith and read Obama's book that sounds really good. Afterall, this is our next President.

March 12, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  159. M. S. Indiana

We just bought our Obama gear, we are going to work, work and campaign here for him... Less cnn tho, maybe we will miss some scandals...

March 12, 2008 at 3:45 pm |
  160. KD

Jack,
    going to reflect on how bad this contest is. How this contest is all about race and how sad that is in 2008. I must say the comment made by Ms Ferraro..(spelling) as bad as it sounded its really the truth. If anyone watched the Black Union in New Orleans last month would have been enlightened by a comment made by a African American Professor that most blacks would not support Obama till her started to win and then started to win over some whites. Not that he was the best candidate. Look at the polls from yesterday 91% blacks voted for Obama and 72% whites voted for Hillary. That was just Mississippi, check out the rest of the poll's. I am not a racist person but we must start to address this issue in this Country for the good of all the people. I will also wonder when we will get back to talking about the issues..............has anyone bought gas in the last day or so????? Did you all hear that we lost 5 soldiers on Monday????? HOUSING market, Americans are still losing there houses. This list could go on and on for hours.

just my thought and what I plan on looking and thinking about in the next 6 weeks

kd
    Texas

March 12, 2008 at 3:46 pm |
  161. Jeff

Nebraska is already done - we had a caucus back in February. Most of the sites in Omaha became makeshift Obama rallies.

March 12, 2008 at 3:46 pm |
  162. Bill

Sadly I’ll be watching President Bush and company re-write the Constitution. The two Democratic candidates argue like little children and guarantee a Republican will be given the Whitehouse in the election. All while watching our once great nation slowly grind its way into the ground.

More importantly I hope I won’t watch Bush and company attack another sovereign nation, but that might just grab a headline or two now that they have eliminated all dissenting opinions.

William – Oklahoma City, Ok

March 12, 2008 at 3:46 pm |
  163. Rachel from PDX, OR

Vacation?? I wish someone would have told me this 6 weeks was for vacation a little bit earlier. Maybe I would have been notified BEFORE a supporter used her free miles to get me a round trip ticket from Portland, OR to Philadelphia, PA to volunteer for the Obama campaign. It's alright though! I'm only 19 and us kids don't need time off! I think the question is how will YOU spend your 6 week vacation, Jack?

Rachel from Portland, OR

March 12, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  164. jen from bethesda maryland

I am going to take a deep breath and pretend that the clinton spin machine isn't polarizing dems on education, income, race, religon and coffee (latte crowd......oh please jack!!!) Sen. Clinton insulted voters by trying to pass off that whole.........."I might make him my VP" as though she could just slip that by the voters........we arent as stupid as she pretends we are. Besides........ If my doctor's wife walked up to me and stated........I have spent 10 years hanging out in my husbands office and I have been a dr's assistant for 4 years I will be doing your sugery today I WOULD SUE!!!! and so should you for all the crud she asks us to believe....... the only red phone @ 3am experience she has had is................."no Im sorry he's not home right now may I take a message"?

March 12, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  165. Al Palmdale, California

Like many of your viewers, I will be watching your show, and waiting for some fresh questions Jack. Besides, we all know there is really no break from this election. They are filling up their mud buckets for battle, and its gonna be everywhere.

March 12, 2008 at 3:48 pm |
  166. Fannie Shelton

Jack,

I am going to get my flower beds ready for spring and play outside for hours with my grandchildren. I have "primary fatigue" now; but I will be ready to get back in gear by the end of April.
    The candidates offer clearcut philosophical choices. Much can be gleaned about their character and managerial saavy by the way they run their campaigns and their past career performance.
    Jack, you are so refreshingly candid! Actually saying what you feel about issues.
    My 1 and 2 year old grandchildren look forward to The Situation Room daily!
    Fannie
    Memphis, TN

March 12, 2008 at 3:48 pm |
  167. Stephy, Groton CT

I have been slacking in school because of campaigning and especially blogging about politics (I am sincerely ashamed to tell how many classes I skipped especially knowing I am on a full scholarship). Once spring break is done, I planned on focusing on school and not fail this semester..
    Now it might be ironic, I am seriously behind in my politics class (even my professor can't understand)
    I have become so addicted, I wonder if I can survive six whole weeks...

March 12, 2008 at 3:48 pm |
  168. Joan

Hoping to save enough to buy a couple of gallons of gas for a getaway.

March 12, 2008 at 3:49 pm |
  169. Jennifer from Seattle

I think it's Hillary that needs the vacation; like Larry David said in his blog, she needs to pack up her sunscreen and head somewhere sunny far away from phones because she seems stressed to the core. For me, the next six weeks will be quite scarey. I've been having red phone nightmares but in mine it's Hillary on the other end of the phone with some scathing, deceptive message about her opponent. I'm hoping someone during this 6 weeks will do something to end this divisive cycle.

March 12, 2008 at 3:49 pm |
  170. Julie in VA

Care to watch a good movie? Seriously, this campaigning started way too early. There ought to be a law: no campaigning before one calendar year before the election. Starting right after the mid-term elections was terrible–give the people a small break from this non-stop electioneering, please! How many millions of dollars do they all waste on their posters and nasty ads and debates ad nauseum. And this superdelegate business: reminds me of George Orwell's "Animal Farm." All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. What's the point in having primaries at all if the Democratic elite make the final decision anyway? I might actually watch that convention this year for a change–should be highly entertaining. Truly, politics at its ugliest.

March 12, 2008 at 3:49 pm |
  171. Joe Philly

Jack,
    This is America! We spend more wasted and unproductive time in the workplace than any other industrialized Nation in the world. I don't think we really deserve six weeks vacation!

March 12, 2008 at 3:49 pm |
  172. ling

I like your colors Caff. RED WHITE AND BLUE

March 12, 2008 at 3:51 pm |
  173. Eugene Womack Northern California

Jack, I'll spend my 6 week vacation, from the campaign rhetoric, on the "Island of I don't Give A Damn". With the price of gas, I'll have to use my row boat, to get there. Even though there's no primary, for 6 weeks, the news media will spin the wheels off, of the crap we've already heard. Speaking of vacations, Congress seems to be on a perpetual vacation.

March 12, 2008 at 3:51 pm |
  174. R from NY

Jack, I plan on taking a deep breath but not forgetting the real fun will begin once we get close to the primary. The race for becoming the Democratic candidate for President is becoming a real horserace - at the same time who says there willl be a pause. Obama and Clinton may have the sights set on getting the candidacy even before the Pennsylvania Primary.

March 12, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  175. Jonathan from Toronto, Canada

I'll spend it by buying earplugs if I hear another campaign song on youtube.....and then taking them out to watch the Cafferty File.

March 12, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  176. Kathy/Marietta, GA

Answering these blogs. I am sure that if I open up another Emperor's Club and hire Monica I can get Slick Willy to be Client #10. This should give us something to talk about in the ensuing days. We can get an Obama supporter to say the Bill would not be where he is if he was not a_____ (fill in the blanks).

March 12, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  177. Chris from Jacksonville, Fl

I`ll be seeing if they will do a re-vote so we can get this settled I am tired of standing around the water cooler listening to my Co-workers complain about this issue. I did not vote, but if I did it would have been for Obama and it will stay that way if there is a Re-Vote.

March 12, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  178. Norm

I'll probably be able to get to bed on time for a "change" This whole thing is getting to be to much to bare
    But hey Jake, you make it fun ;)

March 12, 2008 at 3:55 pm |
  179. 08

Hoping for Howard Dean moment from Hillary.

March 12, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  180. Angela

I will enjoy watching Barak Obama step in it for six weeks. It seems to me that his honeymoon is over. His campaign seems to stumble around when it is faced with anything other than rave reviews of his stump speech....Maybe he will realize that he doesn't have the experience and will accept the VP slot.

March 12, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  181. Akeem

Do you really believe there is going to be a dull moment ?Hillary,Hillary and more Hillary.She will do whatever it takes to make the nation stay focused on her while trying to tear Obama into shreds.What will make my vacation is for the DNC leaders and democratic leaders in congress to come together and unite the party before their failure to plan makes the coronation of a Bush 3rd term inevitable.

March 12, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  182. cj

I just ordered one of Barack Obama's books to help me through the next few long weeks.

March 12, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  183. Zoi

Jack: I love you, I hate you, I love you, I hate you. Whew!

March 12, 2008 at 3:57 pm |
  184. richard debona

jack with milk and eggs and cheese and gas prices so high we cant afford to eat .i plan on praying that john maccain does not get elected
    i like to plan on eating in 2009

March 12, 2008 at 3:58 pm |
  185. Terry, Chandler AZ

With more spare time I plan to read books written by Jack Cafferty, Lou Dobbs and Jeff Toobin.

March 12, 2008 at 3:58 pm |
  186. Kate

I am wondering if the press will spend the next six weeks still letting Sen.Clinton dictate the coverage. Sen.Clinton complained about a bias in the media, then the press spent weeks telling all of us how unfair they had been. All actual evidence to the contrary. I remember Wolf Blitzer seemed literally shocked when Sen.Obama carried Iowa.

March 12, 2008 at 3:58 pm |
  187. Michael

Jack,

Listening to the junk being thrown out of Hillary's camp brings me sweet thoughts of the lifelong vacation I will have from the Clinton's after this nomination process is over!!!

March 12, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  188. David

Fortunately I do not live in PA. I plan on spending a week in Jamaica ignoring the TV and news. With the weather getting better, I will be spending time outdoors and purposely ignoring the campaign coverage. I'll tune in again around time for the PA primary to see what kind of damage the candidates have done to each other and to the party during my 6 week hiatus. I am certain Hillary will have been very active and will have given McCain plenty of ammunition for the general election. I'm also certain that she will have come up with some way to have Florida help her steal the nomination. Hopefully it won't be a mail in primary. If so, Hillary will be spending the next six weeks licking stamps.

Dave
    Kentucky

March 12, 2008 at 4:02 pm |
  189. rick

Jack,
    Vacation? Being a middle class working man in Arizona, my vacation consist of having Sunday off to work on my overpriced car, to try and get an extra mpg of overpriced gas out of it. BBQ'ing cheap hot dogs for the kids because steak and even hamburger is way overpriced. And then, going to bed early to start the 12 hour/6 day a week job that underpays. A vacation like that is whay I've always dreamed about. NOT
    rick, Desert Hills, AZ

March 12, 2008 at 4:02 pm |
  190. Al, Lawrence KS

At the Mayo clinic going through primary detox. I guess you get the shakes and see political pundits during recurrent nightmares. I should be cured just in time for Pennsylvania...and I'll get addicted all over again.

March 12, 2008 at 4:03 pm |
  191. Greg from Mechanicsburg, PA

We who live in Pennsylvania will have no vacation. As the last "big" state, we will be wooed and flimflammed incessantly for the next six weeks. This means that every time an Obama or Clinton commercial breaks into our home via the TV there will be blood. My stupid wife supports Hillary and I KNOW that Barack will be one of the best Presidents America will ever see.

March 12, 2008 at 4:03 pm |
  192. Barb Neafcy (Pronounced Nayfcy)

I'm going to join that guy Mike who is gonna pray hard, becasue Hillary's influence has been very divisive and somewhat destructive for America and for the Democrats. And Dang! I only became a political junky this past year as a 60 year ol' white lady, who is totally inspired by Barack Obama.

March 12, 2008 at 4:03 pm |
  193. Sharyn from Florida

I will be making sure that my vote for Hillary is counted !!!
    It ain't over ..till it's over, Jack.

March 12, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  194. Rocky

Maasachusetts

At the Mayflower Hotel, of course; I hear the amenities , though expensive, are first-rate; Elliot told me.

March 12, 2008 at 4:05 pm |
  195. Doncinvegas

I live in Las Vegas, I'm growing tired of this tit for tat anyway ,going to go on vacation on the strip, and snap this back on at convention time....

March 12, 2008 at 4:06 pm |
  196. Mary from New Jersey

Why Jack, I'll still have my eyes on you and the Cafferty file.

March 12, 2008 at 4:07 pm |
  197. Sara from N.C.

We're in a recession, Jack. Who can afford a vacation right now?

March 12, 2008 at 4:07 pm |
  198. Derek Wayne, NJ

Finally 6 weeks without a contest! Now I can enjoy spring break next week without worrying about the presidential race or tuning into any political coverage of any of the local broadcasts along with the rest of the time. But don't worry Jack, I'll have time to tune into you and Wolf sometime, if so.

March 12, 2008 at 4:07 pm |
  199. Al Pechulis

I'll be doing research into Hillary's so-called 'experience'. Let's see...she's had just 4 more years in the Senate than Obama, lived in the White House for 8 years, travelled the world, and pressed the flesh with world leaders on behalf of her husband and the American people. Does that constitute being ready on Day One to be commander-in-chief of the most powerful country on Earth? If so, the Republicans will be grooming Laura Bush!

March 12, 2008 at 4:08 pm |
  200. Josh Albertville, AL

I'm gonna spend the next 6 weeks trying to regain my sanity....and watching less cable news(sorry, CNN). It seems like every day there's some childish remark or nonsense attack and it makes me wonder, "Are these really the people we're choosing to run our country?" From airport stalls to African clothing pictures to $5000 call girls, wake me up in November, cause right now I'm sick of politics! I'm looking forward to the new MLB season because, there's no one more trustworthy than....baseball players!!!

March 12, 2008 at 4:09 pm |
  201. Mary

Jack, I plan to do other things rather than listen to the news media trash Hillary. You people did the same thing to Gore and just look what we got instead. You people need to report the news; not give your opinion.

Mary
    Asheville NC

March 12, 2008 at 4:09 pm |
  202. Tim from Toledo, Ohio

I'll be hoping that the Clinton's are suddenly overcome with a sense of decency – and Hillary will gracefully bow out before she completely destroys any chance of a Democrat sitting in the White House next year.

Then I will wake up.

March 12, 2008 at 4:09 pm |
  203. Jayne

Looking at Canadian real estate.

March 12, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  204. RT

I'll be patiently waiting for the media to start reporting on the Paul v. Clinton case that starts back up on April 25th. I'll be crossing my fingers that the case will finally get the American people to see what a crook Hillary Clinton really is. Too bad the case starts after the Pennsylvania primary.

March 12, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  205. doug

I will spend the next six weels writing checks and makeing calls for the Obama campaign. Of course thats what matters when yoe want change.

March 12, 2008 at 4:11 pm |
  206. Bill

Vacation?? Am returning to PA from TX. The phone never stopped in TX and we will have the same in PA. So no vacation. Can keep the TV off and use the Wi-Fi "radio" to listen to Australian Broadcasting Corp. 702 Sydney, Radio 1 Canada and BBC WorldService. But the phone and junk mail will blanket PA. Maybe someday we will gain some common sense and fix our election system. One feels better with a dream to strive for.
    Bill
    TX to PA

March 12, 2008 at 4:12 pm |
  207. Margaret

Pam: why is this on Clinton's shoulder – why didnt you ask Obama that question. Why shoudl any candidate concede before time.

Pam, dont be naive! It is not Clinton or Obama to put a Republican in the Whitehouse, its the people of USA. If the people are stupid, then they will elect a stupid president, simple as that.

March 12, 2008 at 4:13 pm |
  208. Jeff Sorenson

Jeff from Garretson, South Dakota.

A break? As a voter in one of the states yet to vote, I'll be doing whatever I can to help insure that Hillary doesn't get 15% here in June, and deny her ANY delegates from our primary. Obama is such a fine leader, and she is so over the top – we have a task before ourselves that two months ago we couldn't have imagined. THAT's what we'll be doing in the coming months!

March 12, 2008 at 4:13 pm |
  209. RT, Boston, MA

I'll be wishing that Hillary takes a permenant vacation!!

March 12, 2008 at 4:13 pm |
  210. jen from bethesda maryland

am I the only person that noticed her accent switch with every state she vists?? During the Texas, Ohio votes she sounded Texan during her rallies and had a midwest accent in Ohio...........
    Yesterday I saw her at a rally in PA. she sounded like she was from PA
    there is something very creepy and fake about it. why hasnt anyone from the media ever pointed that out?? that is sneaky and makes me feel she just cant be trusted as president if she cant even be herself with the voters

March 12, 2008 at 4:13 pm |
  211. Jenny from Nanuet, New York

I guess I'll just sit here staring at the wall, lost and afraid, passing time.

March 12, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  212. Kate - Peoria, IL

Starting up a "Jack Cafferty for President" campaign.

March 12, 2008 at 4:16 pm |