February 20th, 2008

Advice for Clinton’s campaign?

ALT TEXT

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Hillary Clinton got a good old fashioned beating in Wisconsin yesterday at the hands of Barack Obama.

Pick a way to lose… she lost. Popular vote, delegates, you name it. Obama is taking away Clinton's base. In Wisconsin, almost 9 out of 10 Democratic voters are white. Obama won more than 60% of the votes of white men, and split the support of white women with Clinton. He beat her by double-digits among voters whose families make less than $50,000 dollars. He beat her among voters who don't have college degrees.

It gets worse. Obama did well not only in cities like Madison – winning large numbers of upper-income liberals – he also got a lot of support in parts of the state with lower-income voters and union households.

And if you're Hillary Clinton, the worst part is this: Obama's support among working class, blue-collar voters in Wisconsin could be an indication there is more trouble ahead for Clinton in the large industrial states like Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Oh, and as for independent and Republican voters in Wisconsin, Obama won both by margins of about 2-to-1.

One Democratic pollster told the Washington Post, quote: "There's no question that Senator Clinton is on the defensive. Senator Obama has proven that he can win the kinds of voters that he needs to win" in states like Texas and Ohio.

At this point, Hillary Clinton's chances of becoming the Democratic candidate for president are hovering somewhere between slim and none.

Here’s my question to you: If you were advising Hillary Clinton’s campaign, what would you tell them?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Vince from Mountain Lakes, New Jersey writes:
In reality there is very little difference between the platforms of Sen. Obama and Sen. Clinton. This campaign is about the individual and his or her capacity for leadership. My advice to Sen. Clinton would be for her to focus on herself as a person and, by citing real examples, try to convince the people of America that she is ethical, honest, inspirational, human and reliable. Trouble is, I don't think she can.

Bethany from Edison, New Jersey writes:
My advice to Hillary would be simple: if she loses Ohio and Texas, she should gracefully bow out of the race to avoid becoming the Mike Huckabee of the Democratic Party. She should start working on her future campaigns. Hopefully her shot at being president won’t come until 2016, because I think Obama will win the November election if he is nominated and I believe he will be a great president.

Paulette writes:
"It's not over until the fat lady sings." I am a huge Hillary Clinton supporter. I like her problem-solving strategies and her solid communication style. As a teacher, I am also behind her education initiatives, which involve repealing the No Child Left Behind Act and letting schools and teachers teach the children – not the federal government… To her campaign, I would simply say, "Soften up a bit, and let us see more of Hillary the person – but never let your guard down."

Conrad writes:
Time to learn how to lose gracefully and stop implying states 'don't count’. Consider your party and your future; you don't want to be pegged as a sore loser. And since you care so much and have all the solutions, go get something done in the Senate to make our lives better.

Mario writes:
Dear Hillary, Divorce Bill, vote for McCain, retire from the Senate, and write a book.

Filed under: Democratic Race • Hillary Clinton
  1. Al

Time to take the parting gifts, Hillary. Thanks for playing our game.

Al, Lawrence KS

February 20, 2008 at 2:15 pm |
  2. Jim Galvin

Throw your support behind Obama and go on a cruise to Antartica. It's beautiful this time of year, good place for the Clnton family to clear their minds.

February 20, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  3. Renatta

I would tell Hillary to stop playing into the negative image. I'm an Obama supporter, but I'm starting to wonder if she wants him to win. It really seems like she's playing into all of the negative images people have about her being manipulative and power hungry. Strange indeed.

February 20, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  4. Brian M. From Fort Mill, S.C.

I'd tell Hillary to get one of those Mission-Impossible masks of Barack Obama, go to the nearest football stadium, and keep saying "Yes We Can!". Maybe she can get some of her voters back.

February 20, 2008 at 2:17 pm |
  5. Rex in Portland, Ore.

Dear Hillary:

If you go negative your campaign will die, and "the party will suffer"*. Please read "the handwriting on the wall" ** and concede gracefully when the time comes, and present the USA a united Democratic Party and a "unified program for change and betterment"*** "Frankly, my dear"****, your value as a president is just not worth a divided party.

*first said by an unidentified pundit on MSNBC.
    **(Wouldn't want to plagiarize anyone here) from the Bible somewhere.
    *** Someone else once said this, can't remember who.
    ****Margaret Mitchell, from Gone With the Wind

February 20, 2008 at 2:19 pm |
  6. JOHN

Hillary became the senator from NY to use as crutch to become President. She's not from NY, has done nothing for NY (Upstate) yet we continue to pay her salary in the Senate... She has missed more votes.... busy getting the office of the president... so she thinks.

The game is up.... get out of the race... try to get something done for NY or get out...retire.....to that village you wrote about... just leave.. PS...Take Bill with you

Have a nice Day

February 20, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  7. David T.

Doesn't ANYBODY hear the Fat Lady singing?

Toronto, Canada

February 20, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  8. barry

I would tell them to first and foremost abstain from failed strategies such as negative campaigning, to concede defeats graciously, to refer to the weaknesses of the opponent in ways that actually resonate with the electorate (don't criticise speeches while making speeches yourself). I would also try to come up with new catch phrases and not try to borrow them from the opponent while bashing them on non issues.
    In general,since the Clinton campaign has not done all of the above and with the time frame in consideration,i would advise them to just pack their bags and let the American pple enjoy a better fight between McCain and Obama.

February 20, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  9. Carol Quinley

Jack,
    I would gracefully bow out at this point to save "face" and future political prospects, ties, and connections. I do not think that continueing this fight will do her career any good and may harm her as a reputable Senator, in good standing in the Democratic Party, especially if she decides to go extremely negative.
    Carol Quinley.
    Michigan

February 20, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  10. Greg from PA

It's time for Hillary to consider what is best for the Democratic Party and America. It's clear that Americans are choosing change over experience. If Barry is our nominee, that bodes well for Democrats come November. Whereas, if Americans truly value experience over change and Hillary was the nominee, John McCain has her beat hands down. I would advise Hillary to throw her support behind Barry and join in the fight against four more years of the Bush agenda.

February 20, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  11. Bert

The best advice I could give Hillary is to switch parties and vie for the second spot on the Republican ticket. She'll fit right in there with all the others who refuse to take any responsibility for the Iraq fiasco and she'll be an great asset to the McCain campaign.

February 20, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  12. James Pierce

quit

February 20, 2008 at 2:26 pm |
  13. tina Texas

If you loose in both Texas and Ohio, I would hang up your pant suits and go on back home with Bill and Chelsea. And be a grown up and back Obama and don't show your true colors of defeat.

February 20, 2008 at 2:26 pm |
  14. Alex F. Banner, IL

My advice to your campaign,

Take a good hard look at what is happening around you. Your party and its base are flocking in the other direction because they are tired of the same old divisive politics that your campaign has been slinging for some time now. People want real change and you and your campaign seem like more of the same old same old!! You have strayed from 'sticking to the issues' to of-the-beat side story attacks and accusations of plagiarism that most everyone, except for the media, cared less about. Not only that, the success of a campaign is the measure of a qualified candidate. You have been outschooled on all levels when it comes to campaigning. Planning, timing, execution and follow through is what your campaign needs and Barack's has had all along. Time to choose our nominee!!

February 20, 2008 at 2:27 pm |
  15. Richard

My advice for her is, i will tell her that the sign are there, voice of the people count and they are talking. People want change and i believe they have seen the only candidate that can give them the change. 10-0 is a sign and a plus to the whole scenario. She should step down.

February 20, 2008 at 2:28 pm |
  16. Sheila from NC

Keep talking about her experience, how she has taken the punches, how she is vetted, keep holding out on releasing tax returns, keep running the ad that she is working the night shift from her mansion, keep talking about how she believes so strongly in her candidacy that she loaned it 5 mil, make more statements about the big states are what counts, run some more negative ads, keep talking about how she is ready on day one, keep her speech writer and then ask Bill what she should do next.

In the mean time we can all take a look at the guy who has not been vetted, is all words, no substance, less experience, not prepared on day one and naive on foreign policy. Then the people can analyze how exactly this person has been able to come from obscurity to put together a well organize campaign, raised huge amounts of money from the little people and win more states, popular votes and delegates.

February 20, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  17. MIKE ADKINS,CHARLOTTE,NC

i would advise hillay's campaign people to upgrade their resume's and hillary to start preparing for 2012. every dog has their day and today is obama's day.

February 20, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  18. James in Cape Coral,FL

Jack,
    I would have no advise for her future but would take the time to tell her this is what happens when you go on national tv before the primaries even start and say that you WILL BE THE PARTY NOMINEE. Next time don't be so sure of yourself.

February 20, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  19. Joe from Virginia

Jack, I would tell her to knock off all the negative comments about Barack Obama. She seemed to be doing fine weeks ago. She now spends most of her time blasting Obama instead of concentrating on the issues at hand. Somebody reigned in Bill a few weeks ago. They need to do the same to Hillary and stop all this negativity.

February 20, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  20. Sharon

If I were advising Hillary Clinton's campaign, I'd advise her to pack up her tent and go home. What part of "change" doesn't she get?

Voters don't want another Clinton or Bush in the White House.

February 20, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  21. marie Mtl Can.

I would say that,
    a step down thinking is welcome.She should be able to it gracefully.By the way I don't like to see a women crying.

February 20, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  22. Sherri

I would tell them to be HOPEFUL that a CHANGE will come in their campaign (in a sarcastic tone).

February 20, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  23. Julie

I would* tell Senator Clinton that even if she didn’t win the nomination and become President, her lifetime contributions to the US and the world go far beyond what most Americans can achieve in a lifetime. I would tell her that even though I am sad she didn’t have the opportunity to bePresident, I am confident that she will continue to do what she can to fight for what she believes in. Then I would remind her that Gore lost in 2000 and still continued to make a major impact on the world and he went on to win the Nobel Peace Prize.

February 20, 2008 at 2:36 pm |
  24. Jamie, NC

She could learn that people are sick of the same old people running the government . Its been 18 years of a Bush or Clinton in the White House. Now that she has loss 10 states in a row she is all about change well Hilary that is not change. Real change is a move from a Bush or Clinton and Obama fits that change. Give it up and hop on the Obama wave!

February 20, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  25. Julie

Jack, I would tell her that her campaign for running for office has really demonstrated that in the US, a woman with a stellar political resume can't be elected as President even when her opponent is one of the most inexperienced candidates in US Presidential history.

February 20, 2008 at 2:42 pm |
  26. Larry from Virginia

She is the anti-Barack, she is a candidate with no hope. My advice to her would be to do one classy thing in her selfish politcal life. Terminate her campaign and spare the nation the smears and garbage that she will undoubtly be attempting to bury Obama in the coming months. Obama will always have a place in my heart for being the man who took down Hillary.

February 20, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  27. Jeff, West Palm Beach

Obama has shown that voters are responding well to a campaign with a more positive tone, and Clinton is proving that countering Obama with a negative campaign is the wrong move.

She needs to look, sound and smell genuinely positive during the next two debates and rallies in Ohio and Texas to have any chance of catching up with Obama.

We just might be seeing the new gold standard in political campaigning from Obama; it will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

February 20, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  28. Melissa-Alabama

Hillary needs to rally her audience. She appears too upper class and stiff-necked. What she has to say has more substance than Obama, but he talks more on the common person's level. He gives the appearance of common "folks". Obama and Michelle has used this term alot in their speeches.

February 20, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  29. Julie

I would tell Hillary to go negative; her chances of winning are diminishing so she might as well expose Obama for the fraud that he is. I cannot believe that Democrats are actually passing up the opportunity to have a true universal health care program in this country. 😦

February 20, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  30. Jim Sluder

Jack; In my e-mail to you last week, I told you I was a Hillary supporter. I know now, when I step into the voting booth on March 4, I will be pushing the button for Obama. He is the one positive among all the candidates and for that, he has earned my vote. The advice I would give Hillary's campaign...It's over! It's time to make nice because you have a lot to offer this country. Step up and offer your support to Obama and help the Democrats take back the White House and expand their majorities in the House and Senate. Keep focused on health care and perhaps broker a cabinet position as head of Health and Human Services. Don't let pride alienate those of us who respect you and want you to continue fighting for us.

College Station, Texas

February 20, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  31. Terry North Carolina

Jack
    I would have to advise Hillarys campaign to give it till Texas, if she takes a beating in Texas then I would have to tell her to pack it in for the good of the party.

February 20, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  32. Candie

Hillary Clinton should suspend her campaign immediately and support Barack Obama for President. It would be the most graceful, sensible and intelligent thing she will do this entire primary season.

Philadelphia, PA

February 20, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  33. Thomas, Tallahassee FL

Cut your losses now and try to cut a deal with Obama for the VP.

February 20, 2008 at 2:47 pm |
  34. Tom C

My advice to Hillary's campaign would be to hope and pray for Obama to make a mistake. The trouble is, if he does make a mistake, Hillary will beat it to death and make herself look worse than him. I don't think she has a snowball's chance at this point Jack.
    Tom in Upstate Ny

February 20, 2008 at 2:47 pm |
  35. J.C.

A vote for McCain will be a vote for George Bush and Dick Chaney. The only difference is that McCain has an old brain and a very old heart, while Bush has no brain, and Dick Chaney has a very bad heart. This great country is in crisis because George Bush would not take no to war for an answer. The cranky old man John McCain is the same (his way or the high way). A stuborn Mule will always be a Mule even if the name is changed from Bush to McCain.

February 20, 2008 at 2:47 pm |
  36. Patricia

Before she ever started to campaign I would have told her not run Jack. But, since she plans to continue her campaign, I would start directing my campaign against John McCain & his speeches on the war. That's what Sen. Obama is doing & it's working for him. He doesn't attack Sen. Clinton too much, instead he goes after to Sen. McCain.

February 20, 2008 at 2:48 pm |
  37. Nuwan Samaranayake

My advice for Hillary is to stay the course. You never know if you are a winner or the looser unless you stay focused till the end of the race. This is politics where anything can happen any moment. At the end If she looses she has to accept it but still can be happy that she fought for something she believed in. Go for the end Hillary, don't quit until its over.

Nuwan
    Houston, TX

February 20, 2008 at 2:49 pm |
  38. Greg from PA

It’s time for Hillary to consider what is best for the Democratic Party and America. It’s clear that Americans are choosing change over experience. If Barry is our nominee, that bodes well for Democrats come November. Whereas, if Americans truly value experience over change and Hillary was the nominee, John McCain has her beat hands down. I would advise Hillary to throw her support behind Barry and join in the fight against four more years of the Bush agenda. From the Alabama of Pennsylvania, Mechanicsburg, PA.

February 20, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  39. Keith

Hillary, if you lose in Texas or Ohio, don't do a "Huckacby." Concede the nomination, and begin building a coalition that will get Bush's policies out of the White House.

February 20, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  40. jim kanous ny

my advise is simple... be prepared to lose... this country needs the style and substance that a leader with charisma will bring to office...

February 20, 2008 at 2:52 pm |
  41. Martie

That's easy.........Bow out gracefully while you still can.

Martie
    Gardner, MA

February 20, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  42. Jim Hoffman

Concede the election to Obama and save time and money for your constituents in New York. You could give $5 million to open up a shelter for the homeless in New York City.

February 20, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  43. lancelot stealth

i would tell her to make sure everyone is clear that the past does not equal the future (that's mc cain's outlook). there are flyers out there which dig up the trials that the Clintons were cleared of-years ago.
    Hillary is not Bill. Hillary can handle the "liberal card" the republicans
    will undoubtedly use before November. What are the conservatives
    conserving???.. an unpopular war...bad economic polices???
    And why are liberals soooo bad in the eyes of some christians? if it weren't for liberals... christianity would have died out 2000 years ago!

February 20, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  44. Brad

I'd avise her to stop with her speeches that talk about her in the solutions business. Because too date it's nothing but Obama and he seems to be in the solutions business as it pertains to his campaign and she seems to be in the word business as it pertains to hers.

February 20, 2008 at 2:56 pm |
  45. Jordan from Kentucky

Jack,
    I would tell her to drop out! She is inconsistent, cranky, and comes off to most Obama voters as completely disingenuous.

What is strange to me is that Obama only won by seventeen percent in Wisconsin; by that I mean that I can't empathize with Clinton voters for supporting her. Not only has she tailored a different message of 'change' each and every primary, but she has resorted to low blows and falsified details in order to fight back.

It is becoming more apparent that she cares more about Hillary Clinton than she cares about seeing another Democrat in the White House.

February 20, 2008 at 2:56 pm |
  46. Tom McGee

I'd tell them to make a big national, broadcast announcement to thank their volunteers from the last ten states Hillary lost but never acknowledged, naming each one, and apologize for not recognizing publicly their huge efforts. Then I would call on them to mobilize and come to Texas and Ohio to help stem the tide. The only thing worse than losing is losing without recognition of the huge effort and sacrifice you and your friends and your family have made for the cause. It now appears that boots on the ground are going to matter more than spin doctors or ads, so I think it's time for Hillary to take the high road. Who knows, maybe she'll pass Obama along the way.

Tom
    Toronto, Canada

February 20, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  47. Mary Kish

Well Jack,calling him on the fact that he uses everyone else's speeches hasn't made those obama bots the idea that he has no ideas for himself ..speeches or substance...he is like a pied piper..or flim flam man...so I guess she is going to have to dig deeper and find something that will tarnish that oh so mighty image...it's there somewhere...dig in ...and find it..good luck Hillary..I'll still vote for Hillary.

February 20, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  48. W B in Las Vegas

my advise would be to just keep stating your plans and positions and DON'T go NEGATIVE as THAT just seems to "blowback" like Bill's Jessie Jackson remark did after South Carolina.

she must win or lose on the merits of her ideas and if she does lose, then she should work to get Obama elected President and not just sulk off and do little or nothing like her and Bill did in 2004.

February 20, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  49. Patty

I would tell Hillary to keep on going if that is what she wants to do. Why should she give in and deny those who want to vote for her that opportunity. It infuriates me that the press has been so negative with anything in regard to the Clinton campaign. She may have stood a chance had she had fair coverage. I have listened to her from the beginning and she IS the epitomy of change. I hope she sticks it out no matter what.

February 20, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  50. Larry from Georgetown, Tx

Slim lives in Texas and none is what she is going to get when she tries to bash him tomorrow night. Oh well, back to the question. My advise if I were a supporter of Senator Clintons would be to stick to the issues that matter to the people, like how would she create jobs, and not just service level jobs; stop threatening big corporations, and no negative ads at all. People want to have that word that Obama uses, hope. The fear tactic and negative ads are not working and won't in the future.

February 20, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  51. Josh Davis

In all honesty I don't think there would be any solution to the Obama wave. I'm from canada and it's hitting here! If I were to give advice to Clinton, all i would have to say is to revert from attacking Obama and talk about the issues because its seems the more she talks about Obama the more people want to know about Obama and the more people know about Obama, the better chance that they will vote for him.

February 20, 2008 at 2:58 pm |
  52. MaMa4OBAMA Springfield, VA

Give up.
    Obama is the better candidate.

February 20, 2008 at 2:58 pm |
  53. Kevin, Ohio

Hey Jack, Clinton got a good old school yard spanking yesterday from Obama. My best bet is that if Obama's winning streak continuous over to March 4th then Hillary should concede and save her party the tiresome fight. However, if she does break through his momentum of winnings and finally win something after 10 straight loses, then she needs to convince voters that she is the best candidate in this race.

February 20, 2008 at 2:59 pm |
  54. Sharon from Michigan

People are becoming familiar with Barack Obama and what he stands for. Hillary has been trying to come up with a successful slogan, since the beginning of her campaign. How about this one, "For Hillary the Presidency is out of range because Barack Obama stands for Change". . or how about this one, "they said it couldn't be done, but Barack Obama may have won."

February 20, 2008 at 3:01 pm |
  55. Kris Koliwad

Jack,

Senator Clinton should first of all congratulate Senator Obama on his impressive wins, which she has not done. Then she should wage a positive campaign focused on herself, who she is and what big ideas she has for America. She should connect to voters in a positive manner. May be she should consider firing some in her campaign like Wolfson who are putting Obama down and not doing anything to lift her up!

Kris

February 20, 2008 at 3:01 pm |
  56. DavidJ from Atlanta

Tell them that Obama is promising things he has no possibility of delivering. The programs he proposes cost billions of dollars that we don't have and the republicans won't vote for them anyway. Just don't tell the people that your programs aren't much better.

February 20, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  57. Vinnie Vino

Jack,
    Since Obama is taking away the base of Hillary's supporters and all she has left is the lead in the super delegates count. Anyone advising her campaign should express to Hillary all she can hope for at this stage in the race is for a Clinton miracle... (better known as backroom dealings with the super delegates to disregrad the popular vote and award her the Democratic nomination.)

C.I., New York

February 20, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  58. Scott

I would keep hammering that it does take more than great speaches to get the work actually done. I would acknowledge that Barracks message is a positive one that I believe in – The difference is I'm better apt to actually deliver the change with my expierances.

February 20, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  59. Tammy

Dear Jack,

Senator Clinton represents my home state. As a white female voter from upstate New York State, I do not support her candidacy and would never vote for her because she comes across as arrogant and mean spirited (until things don't go her way, then she cries!) Are we supposed to feel sorry for her then?

I'm looking for a strong Presidential candidate, someone who I have faith in to lead this country and I do not see Hillary Clinton as a strong leader. To vote for a candidate just because of their gender or color is irresponsible!

She runs a negative campaign so my advice is to clean it up and tell me how you will work "together" with Congress to accomplish the goals you've outlined. I want to have confidence in my President and know that he or she will make this a better place for my children. Anywhere you see Hillary Clinton – there seems to be controversy that follows.......she draws a negative crowd!

My mind is made up - I would never vote for Senator Clinton because she is not Presidential "material". (I did not vote for her when she moved here just to run for Senator of my beloved New York State)!!!

February 20, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  60. KB from Iowa

Resist the urge to go negative. It just comes across as desperate and weak. People are getting into this contest like never before, in large part due to it's positive tone. Give the audience what they are calling for and stick with a positive theme. Go negative and you're done.

February 20, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  61. Andrea

Oh, maybe she stop having her surrogates call voters latte drinking, Pruis driving, rich, etc . I thought the Democratic party was supposed to have an open tent. Also it would be nice to be gracious in defeat. Don't throw votes away!

February 20, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  62. Raphael Houston Texas

My advice would be to run ads in Spanish in Texas and to be sure to address the Latino voters that will be watching the upcoming debate on Univision. Also make sure to bring up the fact that Barrack once again plagarized words "Yes We Can" was taken from one of the most popular Latino figures of all times Cesar Chavez "Si Su Puede". Latino voters did not give you permission to use those words.

February 20, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  63. jo ann harris

do hillary and/or obama have a realistic idea of how long it takes to get one new law passed much less their list of things they say they are going to do...but the lambs continue to follow the words...reminds me of the beatles song 'hey jude' with everyone chanting and becoming mesmerized...and if it feels good we don't need to really pay attention right? luv u joann, gualala, ca.

February 20, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  64. Mike, Dillingham AK

Emphasize the positive. Don't become a rabid attack dog chewing on minute imperfections and/or tiny, irrelevant mistakes made in the heat of the campaign. Don't try to change the predetermined and agreed to terms of the Democratic Party primaries in Florida and Michigan. Don't try to "steal" the nomination by putting undue pressure on the so-called "super delegates." In other words, compete fairly and focus on positive suggestions to improve and/or change our flawed political system and failed policies of the current Republican administration.

February 20, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  65. marcus mt.olive

MAN YOUR BATTLE STATIONS;TEXAS OR BUST;IF HILLARY TRIES TO STEAL IT AT THE CONVENTION IT WILL BE CLINTONS WATERLOO;

February 20, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  66. gerry

My advice to the Clinton campaign would be:

We the people want something new. Recognize the tsunami and get the hell out of its way before it swamps you into oblivion.And, by the way, tell Bill too.

Gerry (Pembroke Pines, Florida)

February 20, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  67. ben

My advice to Hillary is quote "You gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em". Fold 'em!!

Ben
    Louisville, Ky.

February 20, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  68. Diane Fanning

Pull the plug. It's too late. I am a white female over 55. I should be a Hillary supporter but I support Obama.

There are times in this nation's history when we desperately need someone who can inspire us. Because inspiration is empowering. Inspired people make things happen. Inspired people create change.
    If Obama does nothing more than inspire people to have hope and take action because change is possible, then that is more than anyone had before he came on the scene.

I am tired of the politics of cynicism. I am tired of that-is-how-its-done. I am tired of well-that's-politics. I want a different attitude. I want a sea change. I think Obama can provide the inspiration that will make that possible.

And, yes, Reagan had that same power. Unfortunately, he inspired policies and philosophies that I think disempowered a large portion of our populace. I think Obama can change that. I think he will make it possible for silenced voices to be heard again.

He is not the messiah but he is also not the same 'ol, same ol'.

I think every president is a gamble. But I think the odds of the world being a better place after an Obama presidency is better than after any of the others.

February 20, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  69. Satry

Please tell Hillary that it is not about her, it's about the PEOPLE. The difference between Obama and Hillary is, she says "I" and he says "WE"! Make no mistake.

February 20, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  70. Beca

Jack, I will tell her to fight to the end, even at the Superbowl the last second counted, they kick the people out of the field to finish the game. Is not over until is over! However, I will tell her to forget about Florida and Michigan, that will be unethical to try to bring those votes now!
    Go Hillary!!!

February 20, 2008 at 3:12 pm |
  71. Linda

My advice is to stop attacking Obama for things that don't matter like taking words from someone else's speech- especially when she's guilty of doing it herself. Stop trying to attack Obama, and give up the ghost. McCain's already the Republican nominee. He's going to have a good head start. Let Obama have his time, and unite behind his message. The American people are wanting more change than she's able to give. Have some class and let it go.

February 20, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  72. Linda

Abingdon, Maryland

February 20, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  73. Michael"C" in Lorton, Virgiinia

"Now it's time to say goodbye to all your company;" why? Because we will miss you!! Buy a ticket on the same train lhat President Bush will be on leaving Washington DC.

February 20, 2008 at 3:14 pm |
  74. Bruce St Paul MN

Can't keep playing the experience card, just ask Bill Richardson. Can't play the race card, just ask Bill Clinton. Can't play the attack-your-opponent card, ask anybody. How about that vision thing?
    Too late? Will your vision thing look like a less bold version of his vision thing? My advice is to start attacking McBush. It might not help you win any primaries, but it would be good practice for the Fall election season. Otherwise, punt.

February 20, 2008 at 3:14 pm |
  75. Shirley Ross

If I were advising Hillary Clinton I would ask her to have a seat so we could chat. I would be upfront and simply tell her the people are saying they do not want insiders who have been there for a long period of time. They are saying they do not want people who use the "approved political way of doing things". They want "out of the present and back to honesty and integrity as a nation", and they see Barrack Obama as being the person to lead them there.

I live in Kannapolis, NC. I am white and I too am proud for one of the few times within the last 10 to 20 years. We are finally judging people by their intelligence and energy instead of their color or ethnicity. Cindy McCain has never had to walk into a room and be the only person of color and be judged first on that trait. I belileve I am with Michelle in what she had to say. I believe she knows she and Barrack have had to work twice as hard to achieve the right to give us back our country, our dignity as a people, and our integrity as a nation.

February 20, 2008 at 3:14 pm |
  76. Chris

Let's be honest, Obama has got his campaign rolling. The energy of his events and his passion towards the issues are unsurmountable. Hillary should save her personal bank accounts any more raids...it's over. I'm a reformed republican and now an Independent (thanks Lou), and the way I see it, Obama is the only answer to McCain, who I feel is cut from cloth a little to close to 47's.

Gore or Bloomberg on an Independent ticket would be fun!

Rockford, IL

February 20, 2008 at 3:14 pm |
  77. Bob from Traverse city Michigan

Build your legacy and become a memorable leader as a member of the United States Senate. That is where policy wars are won and lost and thats where you can work without the shadow of Bill covering every move you make.

February 20, 2008 at 3:16 pm |
  78. Jenny from Nanuet, New York

I'd tell them Hillary should get out for the good of the party. The fat lady is clearing her throat.

February 20, 2008 at 3:17 pm |
  79. mark

Press on to the bitter end. Because there is no way obama will beat mccain in November. The democrats have blew it again, She had the only good shot but the party is fractured and too week to win now. Shame! Maybe in 4 more years we will learn our lesson.

February 20, 2008 at 3:18 pm |
  80. Craig

feel

February 20, 2008 at 3:18 pm |
  81. Shawn From Michigan

I would tell her to bow out now. Since she seems incapable of just letting Barack Obama inspire people without insulting him and accusing him of shilling hollow promises she should take note of the hopeful tone and play off that. Instead of doing that though she just demeans it and berates it while distorting her own positions with rambling commentary and revisionist history. Hillary Clinton has gone sideways on us. I just think she should keep it up and goes sideways right off the screen.

February 20, 2008 at 3:19 pm |
  82. Perry Leonard

I would tell Hillary to stop with the negative campaigning. Stop changing her theme after every primary. Stop trying to find a reason to be president. Pay attention. The time to step down is near.

Jack, this does not address one of your questions, but everyone today is asking on all the other networks. What has Senator Obama accomplished?

I hear everyone asking the Senator what are his accomplishments. Everyone seems dumbfounded. He came out of no where and united American's of all persuasions under one common cause.

What are Hillary's accomplishments? She delivered messages for President Clinton and worked on a health care plan that failed. She authored legislation.

What are John McCain's accomplishments. He got shot down. He survived. He is a hero. But what has he accomplished for the nation? He authored legislation.

Senator Obama has authorized legislation too. I think the question is a smoke screen and meaningless.

Perry Leonard

February 20, 2008 at 3:19 pm |
  83. Jim B.

Jack, I would advise the clinton campaign to cease all attacks on Obama, ask for their vote and encourage the people to come out and vote. If she wins these states, she has a strong position to rally. If she loses these states, she bows out gracefully and might actually unite the democratic party. Malta- NY

February 20, 2008 at 3:20 pm |
  84. Ed in MA

Jack:

I would tell her to pay her campaign workers and debts off.

Save the rest of the money for her Senate relection.

And save Obama from having to spend money now - that he will need in the fall.
    Not that Barack he'll have trouble beating McCain, just that we know the republican's and neocons will spend all their money running negative attack ads. So Obama will have to put up some just to offset the lies coming out of Rove and company.

February 20, 2008 at 3:21 pm |
  85. Bonnie

I would tell Hillary to start insisting that the media do their job and start comparing apples to apples rather than apples to oranges or should I say "spiritual" melodrama. Why hasn't the media mentioned her blueprint booklet on the economy that she distributes at her campaign events? where is Obama's blueprint for the economy and creating jobs?

At the debate on Thursday night, I would have her insist that both of them stand at podiums rather than sitting side by side. Finally, I would insist that the questions focus on actual experience and actual accomplishments and specific plans on how, what, when and where each of them will accomplish their campaign promises. Let's stop the spin and get real!

February 20, 2008 at 3:22 pm |
  86. Jose M

You are a nice lady, you have been through a lot and so have we. We now need some new blood, no more Bill peeping through the curtains or whispering in your ear what to do. Let Barack have his day under the sun and please, no more negative attacks. We will need all the strength to battle the "double talk express"

February 20, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  87. Lyn from Petoskey Michigan

She should be thinking about how to bow out as gracefully as possible to save what is left of her 'reputation" and for the good of the party.

February 20, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  88. BILLY C. EVANS

I WOULD TELL HILLARY AND BILL CLINTON THAT THERE IS A TOWN IN ARKANSAS CALLED "HOPE"

February 20, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  89. Brenda, Apex, NC

Hang in there Hillary. Let's hope the Obama spell lifts soon and people come to their senses before it's too late.

February 20, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  90. Daniel From Tempe AZ

First and foremost I would tell her that she needs to tell the people what she is going to do, and then how she is going to do it. So far, all of the candidates, democratic and republican, have been nothing but a bunch of hot air. Can you tell me what Barack Obama is going to change, and how he is going to change it? I didn't think so.

February 20, 2008 at 3:25 pm |
  91. mike studders, bay city, mi.

well she is an excellent debater. hillary is in the worlds greatest debate arena the u.s.senate perhaps she can lead that body to doing something useful...her campaign has not reflected great organizational skill, her speeches have not been enlightening or inspiring. she needs reorganization, a great speech writer and a promise to rethink all of our trade agreements including nafta which her husband took great pride in foisting off on the american people but with all of that said, time is on obamas side. possibly history too.

February 20, 2008 at 3:25 pm |
  92. Kevin,FL

My advice to her is press on .. dont ever count out a Clinton Jack!

PS-independent and Republican voted for Obama 2to1 Yea go figure all there doing is screwing Obama over.. if he wins the General Election they will vote MCCAIN!

*I mean Nomination

February 20, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  93. Will

Hillary has played the game well and if she went up against anyone but Obama she would have one and if she wants to be president in 2016 she'd better get out of the way of the Obama movement

February 20, 2008 at 3:28 pm |
  94. Neil Cruz

Obama will be no different to George Bush. George Bush was an inexperienced politician when he joined in the race and eventually winning it. He was surrounded by the best advisers the US has to offer but look where the country is heading right now. Obama with all his eloquency is a neophyte and it will be hard for someone like him to lead a country who is in the crossroads. The US is like a rally car participating on a rally race in the Sahara Desert. If the US will hand the driver's seat to Obama who is inexperienced they must not wonder if the rally car will end up lost, beaten, and the worst part, instead of the car headed for the finish line it might end up going straight to the place where the terrorist are encamped.

neil of manitoba, canada

February 20, 2008 at 3:29 pm |
  95. ummu khulthum

iwill tell her to be matured enough and avoid attarking barack it is an old fassion politics and she should be much more than being petty.she sould also accept defeat there,s time for every thing after all she was there with her husband for 8 years and they were not able to make any radical change.

February 20, 2008 at 3:29 pm |
  96. MIKE in Arizona

I would tell her there's no way to offset all the positive media that's been heaped on Obama for over a month now, so just focus on the debates and do better than him there. Then I would suggest running ads that are made up of clips of some of the softball treatment Obama's been getting with this ending phrase: "Who's really picking our next President?"

Mike in AZ

February 20, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  97. Stan in Sparta, Tennessee

Congratulate and contribute to the Obama campaign.

February 20, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  98. BobW Rochester, NY

I would remind her that going negative will only result in raising her own negatives. I would also advise her to start writing her campaign concession speech and remind her that yes, she could still win by hook or crook but when she does, she won't have a party to lead.

February 20, 2008 at 3:31 pm |
  99. chrissie h.

Ten in a row with those numbers is not a fluke, it is change that's already taking place. Right now, Hillary is solely in the driver's seat of what her campaign, legacy and service will look like to America years from now. At some point, she needs to realize that the best she could do, and should have always done, is to become a team player.

Think of the larger picture instead of searching for obvious, ridiculous and petty jabs, leaning hard on superdelegates, and pushing backroom politics. She is too talented of a person to waste it on unwanted outdated politics & pushing the negative with every breath. Think of the party and support it. There are bigger things at stake than an even-bigger Clinton legacy.

February 20, 2008 at 3:31 pm |
  100. Bethany (Edison, NJ)

My advice to Hillary would be simple: if she loses Ohio and Texas, she should gracefully bow out of the race to aviod becoming the Mike Huckabee of the Democratic Party. She should start working on her future campaigns. Hopefully her shot at being at being President won't be until 2016, because I think Obama WILL win the November election if he is nominated and I believe he will be a great president.

February 20, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  101. J.D. in New Hampshire

I'd tell her to exit gracefully.

February 20, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  102. misty ganguly

My advice to Hillary is to quit the race today, endorse Obama, let the young democrat sweep over the senile McCain, be Obama's running mate and be the President in 2016. You will still be younger than McCain in 2016.

February 20, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  103. Dan

I would tell them it's only going to get worse. She isn't losing because she not a good candidate, or because she wouldn't make a good president. She will lose, in spite of everything, because her opponent is a once in a generation phenomenon, that appear to be unstoppable.

February 20, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  104. Ben from D.C.

She for one need to stop these attacks coming in every day. In a race watched as closely as this people see through false and propganda filled attacks.

Speak your message, stand strong, never give up, and show some emotion damn it!

February 20, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  105. Sam Parthasarathy

Hillary often sound like "Granny" giving "Possum day" parade speach in Beverly Hillbillies. She should cut out the " i did", "we did" and focus on concrete ideas about issues. No one denies that Health care, economy, and war are issues. My suggestions to her:
    1. Announce a potential VP candidate-preferably a prominant middle ground African American.
    2. Do not count on super delegates.
    3. Do not dress, look , and act like an ancient woman.
    4. Hire young women and men to make your speaches. You and Bill don't have to be sole messenger.
    5. Do not attack Obama. Let the press do it.
    6. Maintain good relations with the press. Enlist their support.
    7. Obama's commercials during American Idol in Ohio were superb. Hire good PR people.

February 20, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  106. Bethany (Edison, NJ)

My advice to Hillary would be simple: if she loses Ohio and Texas, she should gracefully bow out of the race to avoid becoming the Mike Huckabee of the Democratic Party. She should start working on her future campaigns. Hopefully her shot at being at being President won’t be until 2016, because I think Obama WILL win the November election if he is nominated and I believe he will be a great president.

February 20, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  107. Vickie

I am a Hillary supporter and I think she will make a great President. But what the Medie has done to her I don't think she will get the nomination. Everything Hillary or Bill said the media took it and turned it around the way they wanted it to sound.So maybe its time for Hillary to back up and give it to Obama and let the Media work on him because it is coming.If Hillary or Bill HAD SAID fOR THERE ADULT LIFE THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME THEY WERE PROUD OF THEIR COUNTRY we would never hear the end of it on the MEDIA. Thanks for your unbalanced and unfair reporting . Vickie ( LOUISIANA)

February 20, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  108. Neil Cruz

Hillary should go on with the race. I came from a country where the president was just like Obama, passionate, eloquent, advocate of change, young people rallied before him, pro masses, pro poor, etc., but totally inexperienced. two years after being elected as the president of my country of birth," he was ousted on a popular people power revolt" Moral lesson, don't entrust your beloved country who doesn't have the slightest idea to lead a nation.

February 20, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  109. Bethany (Edison, NJ)

My advice to Hillary would be simple: if she loses Ohio and Texas, she should gracefully bow out of the race to avoid becoming the Mike Huckabee of the Democratic Party. She should start working on her future campaigns. Hopefully her shot at being President won’t come until 2016, because I think Obama WILL win the November election if he is nominated and I believe he will be a great president.

February 20, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  110. Tim

Someone once sang, "you gotta know when to hold em'," and "know when to fold em'". I think that Hillary should take this advise. Pride is a hard thing to swallow, but it must be done for the betterment of the Democratic Party. I think that she will continue to lose in the contests ahead, because the "Clinton Machine" refuses to shut down...not even for the loss of pride.

February 20, 2008 at 3:37 pm |
  111. Jerry Wilson

Take, Ohio, Texas, and Pennsylvania. Ignore the media's mirage, the so called "movement", and prepare for the general election.

Jerry Wilson

February 20, 2008 at 3:38 pm |
  112. Conrad

Time to learn how to lose gracefully and stop implying states 'don't count.' Consider your party and your future, you don't want to be pegged as a sore loser. And since you care so much and have all the solutions, go get something done in the Senate to make our lives better.

February 20, 2008 at 3:38 pm |
  113. Deborah

Hill:
    Be positive.
    Talk about what you've done and what you will do do. If that doesn't work, get out of the race before you further embarrass yourself and the Democratic Party. You are killing your chance to be considered VP.

February 20, 2008 at 3:39 pm |
  114. Ken KS

Jack, everyone seems to have written off Hillary. There is still Texas, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, so even though Obama is on a hot streak, he hasn't won it yet. She's a fighter and I hope she stays the fight only because though narrow, she still gives us a another choice. Obama has neither experience or substance. But, he does have a catchy phrase, 'CHANGE!" But, both have unclean hands in Corporate America's money. Check the health care industry, both have been given a little over $2 Million. However, Hillary, has a long and uphill battle. Her mIllions don't come close to Oprah's billions.

February 20, 2008 at 3:39 pm |
  115. California Voter

Jack, I am no political strategist, however, with two debates coming up I would suggest that she needs to do what she can to let people know that she is more prepared than Obama, and that experience isn't a dirty word when you are on a job interview for the most important position in the world. P.S. Questioning or challenging your opponent is not going negative!

February 20, 2008 at 3:40 pm |
  116. charles

What's significant is not what she can do now but that she has ended up in a position of taking desperate shots and hoping for miracles. How can she claim to be a better commander in chief when by all accounts, including her own, she was vastly outmaneuvered in this campaign by someone she herself refers to as a neophytte and when she assumed quick victory instead of being ready for the contingency that things might not go as she had assumed?

February 20, 2008 at 3:41 pm |
  117. Mario

Dear Hillary, divorce Bill, vote for McCain, retire from the Senate, and write a book.

February 20, 2008 at 3:41 pm |
  118. Neil Cruz

Just words. Hillary will win the nomination. Just words. Solutions will give food to your table and speeches will not , just words. Readiness will prevent the terrorist from harming the USA and rhetoric will not, just words.

February 20, 2008 at 3:43 pm |
  119. Paulette Maiden

"It's not over until the fat lady sings."

I am a huge Hillary Clinton supporter. I like her problem-solving strategies and her solid communication style. As a teacher, I am also behind her education initiatives, which involve repealing the NCLB Act and letting schools and teachers teach the children – not the federal government.

Obama says he is going to make sure teachers salaries go up. That's not his call, because once a state has to balance a budget, the first place the governer makes cuts is in education.

To her campaign I would simply say, "Soften up a bit, and let us see more of Hillary the person – but never let your guard down. "

February 20, 2008 at 3:43 pm |
  120. Susan Norris

Hillary should make it clear that it seems the voters have turned this race into nothing more than a war of roses.
    She should point out that regressive men are voting for Obama while white women are voting for her.
    She should also point out that Obama is obviously enjoying beating up on her. Afterall, isn't that what men do best?
    Then she should talk about the gender disparity in this country.
    Talk about the pay disparity to women.
    Talk about the fact that America has the highest incident of rape.
    Voters have made this a race about gender-and Hillary needs to address it. And yes, Bill should keep speaking up as well. .

February 20, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  121. Vince

Vince from Mountain Lakes, NJ

February 20, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  122. Lee in Santa Cruz

Hillary needs to step up at the debate tomorrow night and mention the disgusting condition the earth is in right now. She should mention that Obama's faith based followers don't realize that political change won't clean the Pacific Ocean Garbage Patch. That hope is an empty cup that cannot stop the warming of the air or the disruptyion of ocean currents.

We cannot afford four more years of nothing getting done. Where is Al Gore when you need him?

February 20, 2008 at 3:45 pm |
  123. DON, MICHIGAN

Hillary, stay with your message. Provide all the details you can. CHANGE is not enough of a message. Obama hasn't provided any details on the issues I care about. Get down and dirty if you have to, but talk about how you are going to get us out of Iraq and how you are going to bring American jobs home. PLEASE!

February 20, 2008 at 3:45 pm |
  124. Ralph from Tennessee

Jack, I can"t believe the Obama supporters really want McCain as our president. Hang in there Hillary, you a doing a greart job. The novelty of
    the snakecharmer will soon wear off, and the ones that have not yet
    voted will see him for what he really is, and vote for you, because you are the best choice.

February 20, 2008 at 3:48 pm |
  125. Dorothy

Why are all the pundits so intent in giving Clinton advice on how to improve her chances of winning? Who cares if she loses?! Let Obama win for Heaven's sake!!! Give hope a chance for a few years to see if a real "change" can be made.

February 20, 2008 at 3:49 pm |
  126. Richard Sternagel

Jack, if I were advising the Clinton campaign,I would tell her to Resign and let some one other than a Bush or Clinton be President! Enough of this win at any cost campaign! The future belong to the younger generation and they have a spokesman in Barack Obama! Yes WE Can!

February 20, 2008 at 3:49 pm |
  127. Robert Las Vegas

Two words!!!!!!!!! Quit Now!!!!!!!!

February 20, 2008 at 3:49 pm |
  128. Bill from Tennessee

Jack,
    If I were advising Hillary I would tell her to call a press conference tomorrow, announce she is suspending her campaign, going back to the Senate and will work toward taking the Senate majority leadership from Harry Reid during the next session of Congress. Once she has the leadership position she will work with Obama to get his change program through the Senate and both will be big winners. (FYI, I am a Hillary supporter)

February 20, 2008 at 3:50 pm |
  129. Anne - Seattle

I'd advise Hillary to drop any negativity and make every speech, every interview and every debate comment positive and informative. However over the months we've watched both her husband and herself doing just the opposite. Who among us can tell whether her comments are manipulative, spin or half truths? She's made her bed and now will likely have a long winter's nap in it.

February 20, 2008 at 3:51 pm |
  130. Donna Richardson

I would tell her to keep on fighting until there is no fight left. The over 60 white women are behind you – the men are behind Obama (no women will be president if they can help it) and tell her that no matter what we are not going to vote for Obama.

February 20, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  131. Paulette Bent Dallas,PA

Hillary needs to live down a negative image . She needs to appear more like the average American and try to relate to them. She is extremely intelligent and experienced and probably the best candidate. The media has thoroughly scrutinized her,now she must stay the course while America's honeymoon with Obama ends and the media starts to scrutinize him. If she loses in Texas,Ohio, and Pennsylvania then terminate her campaign and concentrate on getting a Democrat elected to the Presidency.

February 20, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  132. Ann South Carolina

There is a reason so many people are following Obama. Senator Clinton seems to be in denial that he might have something to offer.
    She should listen to Obama's message. He talks about a change in the way we do business in Washington. He says he will work with Republicans and with our enemies to find common ground and find solutions to our problems. Senator Clinton talks about what she will do, not what we can do. It seems so arrogant to say that she is the one who has all the solutions.

February 20, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  133. Kara

Jack,
    At this point the race is still close. There is little reason for Hillary to concede the nomination right now. The Clintons are known for a lot of things but quitting isn't one of them. If I were advising Hillary, I'd tell her to keep the campaign trail alive, make sure Bill doesn't say anything stupid, and.....pray.

February 20, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  134. Michael V.

Hillary should find a way to get the tape off the mouths of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton!!! They've never been this quiet before about a presidential race.

February 20, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  135. Marlena

Hillary, learn from Obama! Start inspiring people with your speeches! Yes, we need to know about your plans, but we need to be inspired by BOTH hope AND solutions.

And stop attacking Obama on his oratory (borrowed words), it makes your campaing look more desperate – is that all you can attack him on?!!

Marlena from Los Angeles, female, age 26

February 20, 2008 at 3:55 pm |
  136. John Lundin

If you were advising Hillary Clinton’s campaign, what would you tell them?

I would suggest she start writing her concession speech, calling for the Democratic party to unite behind Barack Obama, and be prepared for her to deliver it in two weeks immediately following her losses in Tesas and/or Ohio.

February 20, 2008 at 3:55 pm |
  137. Jake

I'd advise her to keep stating that Obama speeches are not the same as facts. I may be the only master degree, 200k plus annual, democratic white male in the US who thinks Obama is a lot of inexperienced hot air and that McCain will make mincemeat of him in a general election. Did you hear he's already touting Obama's "lets talk to any dictator we can"? I don't love Hillary but I respect the fact that shes offered ideas and potential solutions that could work. And to be blunt, Obama's sing song pandering to the masses voice drives me up the wall. If he gets the nomination for the first time in my life I'll vote Republican!

February 20, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  138. Dolma

Hire Karl Rove.

February 20, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  139. JC

Run as an Independent in Novemeber!

February 20, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  140. Tom from Illinois

It would be better to see her acknowledge that Obama is a good candidate and would make a good president. It makes her argument more convincing if she says she is still better fit for presidency, and it will be easier for her to support Obama should she lose (or vice versa). The negative attacks only strengthen the Republican party.

February 20, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  141. jane/centralvalley

I say stay on . Don't let them intimidate you.Don't let them daunt you. Tried as they have, stand with your head held high up. Tried as the press and all those who who hate (without a cause) may attempt to create a demon out of you, we know there is a genuine angel in you, your husband, Bill and Chelsea. We know your worth is unsurmountable and is genuinely appreciated and respected beyond the shores of this country. You are a valued world family, greatly respected the world over , most especially in Africa.

February 20, 2008 at 3:57 pm |
  142. Canadian Neighbour

I would tell her to be very careful with what comes out of her mouth. Desperation never got anybody a job and it could very well cause her to slit her own throat. If she is supposed to be the one with all the experience, she scares me. If she would run her country like she's running her campaign, there would be much to fear.

February 20, 2008 at 3:57 pm |
  143. Amber

Join the Republican Party and be the running mate of McCain.
    She is more like the Republican's.
    Rudy giuliani Strategy : wait till Ohio and Texas (Florida)
    Mike Huckabee: no one has 2025 (1191)....
    John McCain: I have 35 yrs of experience (Forever for McCain)
    Romney: I donated $ 5 Million (35 million Romney) of my personal money......
    The list goes on and on.. ... like her win at all cost campaign....

February 20, 2008 at 3:58 pm |
  144. Jim Lacey

Here is my question:
    If you were advising Hillary Clinton’s campaign, what would you tell them?

The person who is a senator
    Who passed up 130 opportunities to vote
    Because he couldn’t make up his mind
    Now wants to be president
    And says he’ll be ready on Day 1 this time.

I'd say to this person:

“Yes we can” (style)
    Needs a plan. (substance)

Where is his?

February 20, 2008 at 3:58 pm |
  145. Dolma

Fire the new campaign manager and hire Karl Rove.

February 20, 2008 at 3:58 pm |
  146. Doc Jerome

Unite the party!

February 20, 2008 at 3:58 pm |
  147. Gerald, Mass

Jack,

Senator Clinton's campaign is as flat-footed as Obama Supporter, Texas State Senator Kirk Watson, was when asked to articulate Senator Obama's legislative achievements last night on another network. "Pitiful" clearly describes both.

With Clinton's chances of winning the Democratic Nomination fading and becoming highly unlikely, her best course is to take the High Road by being the picture of class. Contrary to the advise she is undoubtedly receiving from her Advisors – Bill Clinton in particular – and in dramatic departure from her her own nature, exhibiting grit with dignity would help her in her greatest area of need – establishing trust. A growing number of Voters are indicating that they simply do not trust her. Therefore, she should stick to the issues and impress the masses with the knowledge and experience to which she has often referred. Hoping to score a "Vitriolic Knock-Out" at one of the debates or while out on the stump will not work, will have the opposite affect. The Wisconsin Citizens have clearly confirmed the same.

Frankly, it is very nearly time for Senator Clinton to consider her future. History makes plain that a loss on this occasion can mean a win a few years down the road, IF all was viewed as having occurred cleanly.

People have very long memories...

February 20, 2008 at 3:59 pm |
  148. Aisha (I-Sha),KY

I would tell them to QUIT! And then tell them what went wrong.....that she overlooked the smaller states. For instance, Obama has been to Kentucky a few times campaining over the last year. I cannot think of time Sen. Clinton came to this state. But why would she, Kentucky doesn't have a large number of delegates? At one time, I really was leaning towards Sen. Clinton, but when I found out her focus was on the larger delgate states- the love affair was over. If you are campaigning to be President you give you attention to all of the states.
    -Aisha

February 20, 2008 at 4:00 pm |
  149. Maggie

I'd say 'pack it in, lady', and rather than stick around and lamprey on someone's butt to get a VP nod or some other sticked carrot, maybe Hillary could do something she's seldom done before... and go back to doing actual work for the country.

Novi, MI

February 20, 2008 at 4:00 pm |
  150. John from Carlsbad

I would advise her to pack it up. I am quite glad she is losing. We can not have yet another politician in office that just wants personal power with no intention of bringing anything she promises to fruition.

The government is broken and she is part of the system that gives her exactly what she craves, power! She doesn't care about anyone but the power she can get. Why would she do something for the people like change government, bring accountability, bring transparency and all the other things our government needs? It would take the one thing she loves above all else away from her, her power.

So Hillary, spare us your power trip and step aside. Our country needs better.

February 20, 2008 at 4:00 pm |
  151. John

America really needs to wake up. I really like Obama. I am inspired, the guy brings me to tears with his powerful oratory. Clinton has got one chance though and that is to remind everyone that great oratory and powerfully moving speeches is not a light at the end of the tunnel, what some 'hope' is the end of the Republican era; no, that light is a juggernaut train coming to destroy our hopes. If we really dare to hope, we must have someone tough, anyone who thinks that Obama is tougher than Clinton is really caught up in the moment. Clinton should stick on message that Barack is going to shrivel up and collapse when the Republican juggernaut bears down on him. Clinton will stand up, we may not like everything about her, but she alone has the fortitude, experience, and will to stand up to the Republican hate-machine of lies, deception, and failed policy and more than beat them back, she alone can overcome and win the Democrats back to the White House. Get over it America, Clinton has what it takes, Obama, I love him dearly for it, but he's just full of so much fluff. It's time to get back to reality. Clinton is the winning equation.

February 20, 2008 at 4:03 pm |
  152. Bryan

I would tell her to quit now! She is an embarrassment to the Clinton name, and her campaign is a joke just like she is.

February 20, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  153. Jorge from Monterey, California

Jack,
    My advise is: DROP OUT NOW if you don't want to be the cause the Democratic party looses the november election!!!!
    Save some face! DROP OUT!!!

February 20, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  154. Michael from MA

Hillary,
    Please take a moment and seriously self-reflect without your incompetent campaign management team. It is time to restore the positive Clinton legacy to lay the groundwork for a possible future campaign. The only way that you can accomplish that is to gracefully bow out now and do everyhting you can to unite the party behind Senator Obama. The reason you are not connecting with the voters is not due to your lack of experience but due to the perception that you will do anything to hold onto to power. We cannot afford for you to continue to go more negative and, as a result, harm our party and further tarnish the Clinton legacy. Show some class and possibly return a more experienced, more likeable, and more successful candidate in the future. If John McCain can do it at 71, you can do it in eight years too.
    Please go out with head high and do the right thing NOW.
    Michael
    Taunton, MA

February 20, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  155. Dawn (Las Vegas, Nevada)

Jack,
    My question to you is – Would the political pundits be asking this same question if the results of these campaigns were opposite? You guys would have already written Obama off. What is it about the Clintons that makes her losing a concern to people? We want change and that may mean taking a risk on a newbie, but he can NOT do worse than whats been done already.

February 20, 2008 at 4:05 pm |
  156. Carol in Jacksonville, NC

Well the problem is that she came out wrong. It was always, " I have done this...., I did that...., I have..., and I do...'. The problem is that she just came into this game as if the Presidency was owed to her. No one owes her anything and she should surely see that she is not what the general population wants or even desires. She is just another person that feel that since she has contributed something she due her turn and not realizing that her career is over and she is damaging whatever reputation she has.

Carol
    Jacksonville, NC

February 20, 2008 at 4:05 pm |
  157. Jed from Chico, CA

I'd tell her to quit assaulting the voters with her facts, numbers and her resume. Just because she thinks that it's more important to voters than personality doesn't make it so. Touting a resume like so many scout badges sure as heck didn't work for Bill Richardson (aruguably the most qualified Democratic candidate), why does she think it will work for her?

If the voters in 2008 want catch phrases and buzz words like 'hope' and 'change' - duh! Give it to them! Just don't mimic Barack Obama and leave out the petty gripes that seem to be turning people off.

February 20, 2008 at 4:05 pm |
  158. Brian Nancoo - Trinidad

I'd tell them to forget about the Democratic nomination,which seems to be more of an anti-Clinton campaign than a pro-Obama campaign and plan to run as an independent.There are too many voters out there who want Senator Clinton on the ballot in November to just turn it over to the Messiah who will lose to McCain big time!

February 20, 2008 at 4:06 pm |
  159. Roy

Recognize that the government can't pay for every misfortune with our money??? DUH! Hurricain insurance for Florida, healthcare premiums for everyone, make the emergency rooms provice health care for everyone without hope of getting paid, keep troops all over the world, etc. Ron Paul is right we are about to go bust.

Say you will bring home the troops and put them on the boarders to protect agains the invasion!

February 20, 2008 at 4:06 pm |
  160. Chuck B Coastal NC

I would tell her that is time for her too gracefully exit the race, not just for the good of the party but for her well being within the party. She gave it a good try, its just not her time. I voted for her husband(both times) and he did a good job. With everything thats has gone on over the past 16 years, its time for a change. Look at 2012 or 2016, you can still become the first woman elected too the white house.Now is not your time. Time is everything, this is not it.

February 20, 2008 at 4:08 pm |
  161. Larry

Larry
    Macon,GA

Jack,

I would advise Hillary to stop the style she uses to attack Obama's lack of substance. Instead I would advise her to use a style that compares his lack of substance to other failed candidates. Obama is the stereotypical candidate that huffs his voice up, uses words that make people feel good, but never really "says" very much of anything. Next time you see a satyr of presidential candidates you will definately see a lot of Obama in there. John Kerry comes to mind and if you listen to clips of John Kerry's race you will notice he and Barrack sounded very much alike in tone and presentation. Dont get me wrong Obama has great potential and if he is what he says he is then he will be a great president. Risk are a part of life, but I cant see taking a risk when the future of the county I live in and its great people is at stake. Especially when there are more proven alternatives.

February 20, 2008 at 4:08 pm |
  162. William

Hillary Clinton could try cutting onions while she's making a speech. Her campaign is now that desperate and I want to thank the Democrats for keeping her off the ballot in November. William Sanford, NC

February 20, 2008 at 4:09 pm |
  163. Penny Leonard

If I were advising Clinton Campaign I would advise them to have the grace to quit now and the American People would admire them for admitting the majority of people have spoken,,,,white ,hispanic, black and Asians. Americans would admire them more and Bill's legacy would be preserved as one of our greatest presidents. The Majority of Americans really just do NOT trust the Clintons and we think she is too contrived and fake. She has run her campaign in a very negative and snide way and we are tired of her negative attacks. Also I will continue to email ALL the News to make the Clinton's be more transparent and disclose their tax return....INVESTIGATE them. Get out Hillary...dirty laundry will come out and you and Bill will be embarassed again.......!!!!

February 20, 2008 at 4:09 pm |
  164. Vickie

I HAVE A DREAM !!!!! HILLARY CLINTON PRESIDENT !!!!!!! YES WE CAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 20, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  165. Marie in San Francisco-California

I would tell Hillary to keep on keeping on, rise above like she always does–and if Opawna gets the nomination because people are too stupid to ever see the truth through propaganda that is right in front of them- If the wolf in sheep’s clothing Opawna gets the nomination... I (along with everyone I know) will be forced to vote for McCain, we will all end up voting for a republican over Dick Cheney’s cousin–The contrived spoiler Obama– any day! At least that way we then I know that we wont be doomed to another fool who wont "rock the boat" too much in this country. Free think... you imbeciles!

February 20, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  166. Mary Ann

Resist the advice to slam Obama. I'd like to know what any candidate is planning on doing to solve our deficit crisis, get us out of hock with China, take our country back and restore our reputation as a caring, compassionate union that doesn't torture people or spy on it's own citizens in the name of defeating terrorism. That'd be a good beginning. Keep your rhetoric and give us some real answers.

February 20, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  167. thomas pridemore west lafayette indiana

First off i would tell bill to get lost ,then i would tell hillary if she wants to be the first woman president then act like a woman not a man. Then i would try my best to explain this event that is taking place in america today its really simple people dont care how loud the fart is they just want it to smell a little better.

February 20, 2008 at 4:11 pm |
  168. Doreen Augusta Maine

Continue through March 4th primaries. If she loses even one of the large states, she should remove herself from the race so that the Democratic party can go forward. She can run for Senate President in the future.

February 20, 2008 at 4:12 pm |
  169. Roger

WE HAVE A DREAM !!!!! HILLARY CLINTON PRESIDENT !!!!!!! YES WE CAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 20, 2008 at 4:12 pm |
  170. Harry Howell. Morganton N.C.

QUIT!!!!

February 20, 2008 at 4:12 pm |
  171. Gigi in Alabama

Pull a Huckabee and hang in there. . . it ain't over till it's over.

February 20, 2008 at 4:12 pm |
  172. Andrew in Iowa City

Endorse Obama.

February 20, 2008 at 4:12 pm |
  173. Dave, Blackburg VA

Quit now and save your money.

174. Mike N

Quit...before you damage our chances in November. If you try to take the nomination away from Obama via superdelegates or other means at the convention, you will split the party and destroy what remains of the Clinton legacy.

175. Edwin Escobar

If I were an adviser to Hillary Clinton my advice would come down to two words: Give Up!

176. MICHAEL DUNNE

My advice...Back Obama!

Mike from Huntington Beach, Ca.

177. California Independent

I would tell them that their premise of having a woman in the White House was a good one. The campaign has been very effective. It worked. (They just got Obama instead of Clinton.)

178. Spencer

To start looking for a new job.

Turlock, California

179. Matt

It would be nice if she'd just stop all the negative campaigning. I get tired of the constant attacks.

180. Charles Greene

Pack it up Hillary, this thing is over. Come back to new york and finish out your term in style. Sorry I'm bias, Go Obama!! 🙂

181. Alex

Pack it in.

182. Michael

Dear Hillary
    spend your remaining time in the race playing fair to Obama – and have your surrogates start discussing your attributes as a vice-presidential candidate with him.
    Michael

183. christian coryell

I would tell her, "Im sorry, you cant be president. Americans like winners, and you are not a winner."

184. jian

I'd tell Hilary, thanks for going in the competition! How about you go on a family vacation! Hawaii is a great place to go this time of year!! It's a great place to visit this time of year.To get your mind all cleared up right now, sorry Hilary but obama seems undefeatable.

185. May

Pack up and leave!

186. Eric Evans

What would I advise the Clinton campaign? That's easy. Withdraw.

187. Don

Start campaigning for the vice-presidential slot on the ticket.

Las Vegas, New Mexico

188. Jamedra Brown

If she looses Texas.... I would tell her to give it up!

Jamedra Brown
    Oakland, CA

189. Mark in VA

It seems that Hillary has two good options:

1. Draft up a good resume, listing the position sought as "Vice President," and send it to the Obama camp.

2. Divorce Bill and save her pennies for 2012.

190. Bradley Glisson

I would remind Hillary to keep her dignity and bow out gracefully so that she can try to hold onto her Senate seat.

191. Orien

Give it up.

192. Andy

Two words: Divorce Bill.

193. Mike

I would tell Hillary to stop the negative ads. Obama won't pick a running mate who attacks him.

Mike

194. Roger

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord........ well you know the rest.

195. Greg

I would tell her to stop bleeding the family fortune by "loaning" it to the campaign. There is a time when you simply have to cut your losses both financially and emotionally. If she cried before New Hampshire, she must be bawling her eyes out now. Stop ruining the Clinton name Hillary.

Greg from Illinois

196. Liam and Kristi

GIVE UP! Lets face it, this thing is all but over. She needs the type of unlikely win in unlikely places that Huckabee does.

197. Bob

It's simple Jack, I'd tell her to quite telling voters whey they shouldn't vote for Barack Obama and instead tell them whey they should vote for her. I get so sick of the name calling, he said, she said, which doesn't solve anything. She lost my vote long ago when she first started the Obama bashing and I'm sure she'll lose more.

198. Jon from Tempe, Az

I would tell her to drop out. The only way she could win the race would be by blackmailing the superdelegates. Does she really want to win that way? She is only hurting Obama's chances of beating McCain in November.

199. Raz Halder

Hilary-Quit the race now and help to ensure Obama is the next President.

200. Aram

I would concede the race to Obama and then ask (or beg) him for the VP job....because that's the only way the Clintons will make it back into the White House.

Aram – West Sacramento, CA

201. Romi

Fire your speech writer and stop LOSING.......

202. Steve

Drop out.She has almost no chance of winning and the most that she can hope for is the VP slot. If she continues to fight a losing battle then she may not even get that. Think about it. Would you want someone running with you after so many personal attacks? It's not helping the party or Clinton's chances.

203. Ja Mario J.

Jack,

Honestly, I'd have to tell Hillary to save face and leave the race with class. With the tide turning she needs to take a page out of John Edwards book and "step aside to let history blaze it's path".

204. Yvette , Bowie MD

At this point, we need to think about the Party. If Barack Obama had lost as many caucuses and primaries as Hillary Clinton has, the Democratic establishment would be putting pressure on him to bow out for the good of the party. The Clintons should do the same. We need to win in November. The Party should not be sacrificed for the Clintons' ego.

205. Peter Gallo

Endorse Obama while you are still relevant.

Peter Gallo/Charlotte, NC

206. Eric

I'd tell her to watch the McCain speech from last night and compare it to her own. Why is she joining with the Republican nominee to smear a fellow Democrat? If she can't win on her own merits, then she shouldn't bring down the party with her.

207. Roland

If Senator Clinton wants to be a viable political player, she should suspend her campaign soon, especially after March 4. If she continues with the negative campaigning and fractures the Democratic Party, she and the Clinton name in general will no longer have the political clout or respect among Democrats.

208. Louie

Do us all a favor and drop out of the race!

209. adnaw6

bow out and keep your pride, I think her and obama should run on an obama/clinton ticket. she can be vice president.

210. David

Pack it up Hillary, save your money. If you think you can keep loaning yourself 5 million you are wrong. Obama has been raising unprecedented campaign funds. It is time for her to start full-time at her other job: US Senator from New York. She still does that right?

Dave

University of Richmond

211. Tenneille from CT

If I were her advisor, I'd tell her to quit the race and go back to New York. It's time to step out of the way and let the movement continue. The petty attack politics are no longer working for her. It's the old way of doing things. When is she going to realize that it's out with the old and in with the new. Senator McCain should realize this too...it's just over for the old Washington system...

212. John

Hillary with a losing streak that she now shows, should gracefully exit the race. Even with the Super Delegates, she does not have enough to get nominated.

213. Jared from Illinois

Hurry! Back out now while you still have your IRA!

214. Geoff

If there's one thing to be learned from this nomination – Democratic or Republican – it's that negative attack ads do not work. Didn't the Clinton campaign learn anything from Romney's strategy and subsequent demise? If she wants to get back in this thing she needs to start talking about what she can do rather than what her opponent can't. Unfortunately for her, it looks to be too little too late.

215. Paul

Don't go away angry, just go away.

Second thought, be angry!

Paul
    Columbia, MO

216. Luis Armando Veras Sepúlveda

Accept defeat.

217. Antoine

One word Jack, concede.

218. Tina from VA

Too easy, Jack. I'd say "Pack up your stuff...you're toast, Hillary, advisors, campaign managers, etal". Go back to Congress and stop with all those "earmarks" that the American people are "saddled" with paying!!

219. Bernadette/Florida

Tell Hillary to attack Obama's record and his flip flopping. Obama is so naive, I wonder how much change he can generate with a nation at war and an enconomy with a housing market in recession. I am so sorry for his fickle minded followers who will be so disappointed.

220. David Martin

I would tell her to stay in the race through Texas and Ohio.

Why? Because of her sad appeal for money in her non-concession speech last night.

It helped Obama08 hit 500,000 new contributors today.

The longer Hillary stays in the race, the better Obama does.

...But if I were a top national Democratic strategist, I would have already told her this morning to withdraw for the good of the party.

221. Denise

I would ask Hillary to get with the Obama campaign instead of against it. Right now she echoes John McCain' s attacks exactly, as if she is McCain's running mate.

Is it more important foer her to win, or for the Dems to win?

Denise

222. David in Ohio

NOTHING! I'm voting for Obama!

223. Jay Mooney

It is time for Hillary to get out. She is now providing great campaign fodder for the presumptive Republican nominee. So I say to her, "Ask not what your party can do for you, ask what you can do for your party." Oh, I guess I had better say I took that theme from JFK. Don't want to get in trouble for plagiarism.

224. Travis

i would tell her to go ahead and drop out. if she cant win a single state anymore what's even the point of staying in the race. i really do think that she should consider that she's done everything possible including changing her campaign assistants what, 3 times now?

225. Adam in Maryland

QUIT.

Try – for a change – not thinking of yourself and your own selfish grab for power and start thinking about the country.

Obama: 820 Bills sponsored in the Illinois Senate.
    200 in the U.S. Senate.
    Dozens passed into law.

Hillary: 20 bills in the U.S. Senate.

I think it's time America starts trying to name one accomplishment that HILLARY'S had.

QUIT.

226. Carol

The time for change has come, Hilary is the product of an old politcal machine. She should seriously consider lending her support to the new era with Obama.

227. Harry Christiansen

Hilary it is time for you to see the writing on the wall and drop out! Obama is the only Democratic candidate that truely represents change. Mrs Clinton you had your chance and did nothing.

228. Fay

I would tell her to remind the people of Texas and Ohio that you cannot vote "present" when you are the president.

229. MARY

Defer now to Obama so we can get these morons out of the White House!! Give Obama a chance to directly respond to McCain instead of defending himself to the negatives of Hillary's campaign. There comes a time when she needs to think of the "greater good"!

230. Charles from San Diego

I would tell Hillary to step aside for the sake of the democratic party. Given the Teamsters endorsement of Obama and judging from his reception last night at his rally in Houston, it is highly unlikely that she will win Texas or Ohio.

231. B. Las Veas, NV

I would advise her to get out now and save her face.

232. Fiola

One simple word, quit.

233. Cory in Southeast Missouri

Jack,

Hillary needs to borrow a few pages from Edwards' playbook. Go after Obama on Edwards' key points, and she might just pick up his endorsement.

Even better, Obama will be unable to effectively respond, in fear of losing ground in the battle for Edwards' final endorsement.

234. Matt Baird

Her chances of becoming the nominee are slim, and her choices are to either continue the negative attacks and try to change the rules on MI andf FL, which could split the party, or to begin uniting the party. Giving in now would be a good thing for the party in Novemeber, but I don't see it happening soon.

235. Faisal

It's not over till the fat lady sings. She has sung, and loudly, in Wisconsin. Throw in the towel and keep the democratic party intact. Keep running and risk a polarized party which will favor John McCain in the General Election.

236. Dr. Nana Nyarko

IShe has to decide if gratifying her ego is worth losing the White House to the Republicans again. It's time to fold up her tent and help the Democrats circle the wagons around McCain. The Republican attack machiene is in full gear against Obama.

237. Kane

I would advise her to go ahead and drop out before she lets her willingness to do anything to win lead her to going all scorched earth and destroying any political future she might have.

Though the race is not officially over, the odds just are not in her favor. She should walk away and undo the damage to her reputation that was done by running a campaign that claimed states she lost didn't matter, that erased Bill Clinton's good will with African American voters, and that now finds itself spouting off the same line of attack against Obama that George W. McCain has now rolled out.

Walk away, Hillary, and you'll earn back the respect that you have lost with countless Democrats like myself.

Kane Miller
    Atlanta, GA

238. virginia

Jack, I would not write off Hillary Clinton yet. I feel her campaign need to be very careful from her on how they attack Obama.

239. Lizette

Maybe it's time to get out the Betty Crocker
    cookbook to see how many cookie recipes she remembers how to bake.......

240. Jane

I would probably tell the Clinton camp to propose more concrete solutions and lay them out more clearly when she campaigns around the country... possibly get a better speech-writer... or, just quit altogether because Obama has got all those bases covered already and has gained all the support he practically needs to get the nomination.

February 20, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  241. Patrice

ADVICE FOR THE CLINTONS: MAKE A GRACIOUS EXIT NOW, in doing so, may actually be able to become a true RESPECTABLE power couple. TO continue fighting , willing to do whatever it takes, tooth 'n nail drag outs, more harmful to ALL but especially to themselves and that legacy they so desire to burnish. Instead they seem intent on "going for it", no matter how shameful in tactics and at any cost and it will prove to be more costly to ALL , especially themselves but the Dem party and the country should we lose the REAL OPPORTUNITY that Barrack offers and inspires us to achieve !!!

February 20, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  242. Ben from Washington

The Hillary Campaign needs to stop all of the petty attacks and threats of trying to steal the democratic nomination from the people. Any situation where she wins by superdelegates only or turncoat pledged delegates will be disastrous for the party. The people have spoken, and will continue to speak, it's time for her to realize the truth, America wants change!

February 20, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  243. Zach

Drop out, and let the Democrats rally around their nominee. It seems to me that the Democrat will be facing a Republican Party that will already have gotten used to their nominee, so the best thing for the Democrats would be to have a clear nominee of their own, and with Obama's winning streak, he's not dropping out any time soon.

February 20, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  244. Tony J

I would tell Hillary to read some childrens classic story's, because Barack Obama is going from "the little engine that could to the Locomotive that can"!

February 20, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  245. Horace

She should go to food.com and learn to bake cookies. Bill should go fishing.

February 20, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  246. Jerimie - Chicago

It is time for Hillary to do something for the good of the country and not her and her husband's political career. It's time to drop out and endorse her peer Barack Obama.

February 20, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  247. Marcus

If I was in Hillary Clinton's camp I would advise her to pack her high priced Gucci luggage and take the Presidential jet back to New York or Arkansas because its obvious that all she has said about who supports her and who she has great ties with have turned there back on here. I'll admit anything can happen knowing the Clinton's tactics, but unless something drastic happens than this Primary is basically over.

Marcus
    Atlanta

February 20, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  248. Brandon, Newport News, VA

If this continues on March 4, my advice to the campaign would be to suck it up and bow out gracefully. She should let the party begin uniting behind Obama for a potentially tough battle with McCain in November.

February 20, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  249. sonny

hillary! just quit

February 20, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  250. andy532

She needs to announce (real soon) that she likes Barack Obama and would nominate him as her Vice President if she won the nomination. Sell the nation on a 16 year democratic govt. Eight years for her and eight hears for Obama. This is her only chnace..... because she is fighting a revolution.

February 20, 2008 at 4:16 pm |