February 4th, 2008

Should women feel obligated to vote for Clinton?

ALT TEXT
Oprah Winfrey, Caroline Kennedy, Maria Shriver, and Michelle Obama talk at a campaign rally Sunday, Feb. 3 in the Westwood section of Los Angeles. (PHOTO CREDIT: AP)

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Women should not feel guilty if they prefer Barack Obama over Hillary Clinton… so says Oprah Winfrey.

During a rally in Los Angeles, Winfrey said, "Every part of me believes in the empowerment of women. But the truth is I'm a free woman. Being free means you get to think for yourself and you get to decide for yourself what to do." She said women who had already planned to vote for someone else – that would mean Hillary – ahad "the right to change their mind."

Winfrey described how she was criticized by some women after she campaigned for Obama in Iowa. She says they called her a traitor to her gender.

Oprah participated in a huge rally for Barack Obama yesterday along with Michelle Obama, Caroline Kennedy and Maria Shriver – wife of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

This is all part of a push by the Obama campaign to reach out to women voters. That's because women are expected to make up about 55% of Democratic primary voters. And in a state like California, where Obama has now come within striking distance of Clinton, more support from women could make the difference.

Here’s my question to you: Should women feel obligated to vote for Hillary Clinton just because she's a woman?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Carrie writes:
No, women should not feel obligated to vote for Hillary. I fully support Barack Obama in this race and it is partially because I am a woman. As a female, I feel that Hillary "stood by her man" which in my mind, was not the right thing to do. As a female, I cannot vote for someone (particularly a female) who would support a cheating spouse.

Holly writes:
I am voting for Hillary because she is a woman and I don't care if that's an "ignorant" reason to vote for her. I want a woman in charge, and she is as qualified as any of the men.

Sheila writes:
I'm a 62-year-old woman who has waited for a long time for the opportunity to vote for a woman to be president. This is definitely not the woman I have been waiting for and she will not have my vote. I am not looking for a woman who at 60 years old and in New Hampshire finally found her voice. Whose voice has she been using to speak through for all her years of experience? If it takes you that long to find your voice exactly what experience are your talking about?

Diane writes:
No we're not obligated to vote for Hillary, Jack, but I am obligated to tell you: you're gonna get kicked in the teeth for this question! Were you up too late watching the Giants win? What's up with this? Any woman with half a brain is looking at all the candidates and their stand on each issue. Race and gender should not enter into any of this. Get a good night's sleep tonight Jack, you need better questions tomorrow.

Mary Lou writes:
Sorry, Oprah, your bigotry is showing. Playing the gender card is beneath you. Perhaps the majority of women voting for Hillary Clinton just know that she is the best, most qualified, most experienced candidate for president of the United States. Women are not wrong if they disagree with Oprah.

Sandy writes:
Obligated? No. Proud? You better believe it.

Debbie writes:
Only blond ones.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Kirk

Boy Jack! That is just about the most racist, sexist and stupidest question you've ever asked. Am I obligated to vote for Obama becuase I'm a man and he's a man. Or maybe because I'm a white man I should only vote for white men. Well I'll tell you what, my vote is for Hillary Clinton because I believe she is the best choice to be President of the United States.

February 4, 2008 at 2:04 pm |
  2. Sally Medd

Question: Do women feel obligated to vote for Hillary Clinton? Your kidding******
    aren't you? The question in itself is an insult to women everywhere. As Oprah said when asked the question "Do I feel obligated to vote for Barach because he is black?" Her answer Of course not – I am not that small. Jack most women are not that small.

February 4, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  3. Judy

No, they should vote for her b/c she's the best candidate.

February 4, 2008 at 2:17 pm |
  4. Brian Nancoo - Trinidad

Women are not obligated to vote for Senator Clinton because she's a woman, but they will feel obligated to vote for her because it is increasingly apparent that the men in power don't want a woman in charge.The lame excuses they keep coming up with just doesn't hold water with the people.And if the black vote is going to Obama because he's black, why shouldn't the women vote go to Clinton?Same logic.

February 4, 2008 at 2:21 pm |
  5. JoAnn in Iowa

NO!! I sure hope that women are not so stupid as to vote for Hillary because she is a woman. What this country needs at this time in our history, after all of the years of demoralizing mismanagement by the Bush team and all of the political division of the Clinton-Bush years, is a candidate who can inspire us to want to be a part of the process again. That candidate is Barack Obama. No one else can do it.

February 4, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  6. Bertha

Women should vote for their convictions, just as everybody should. I plan to vote for Hillary, but that does not mean that every woman should, nor should it mean that all blacks should vote for Obama.

February 4, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  7. Sheila

I'm a 62 year old woman who has waited for a long time for the opportunity to vote for a woman to be president. This is definitely not the woman I have been waiting for and she will not have my vote.

I am not looking for a woman who at 60 years of age and in New Hampshire finally found her voice. Who's voice has she been using to speak through for all her years of experience? If it takes you that long to find your voice exactly what experience are your talking about?

February 4, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  8. Dave Brooklyn, NY

No, women are obligated to vote for whomever they think is the best candidate and Hillary is just more of the same.

February 4, 2008 at 2:39 pm |
  9. BJ Smith

Jack, That question is just as insulting as asking a black person if they should vote for Obama because he's black, cannot believe you ask this question!

February 4, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  10. Patricia A Boyer-Jones

did you really ask that question? do you think women really think like that? unfortunately, they likely do. when hillary cried a few weeks ago in new hampshire on tv, women gave her a few thousand votes to edge out obama. now she is crying today. unfortunately, the media will play the footage over and over again and it may help her again. women that feel they are obligated to vote for hillary just because she is a woman are as ignorant as people that vote for someone because of race. there will be more votes for her because she is WHITE than because she is a woman. more ignorance!!!
    miss pj
    cordellia california

February 4, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  11. Sarasmom

What a stupid question. I vote for I feel will do the best job not because she's white or white female.

February 4, 2008 at 2:40 pm |
  12. Diane

No we're not obligated to vote for HillaryJack, but I AM obligated to tell you – you're gonna get kicked in the teeth for this question!!!! Were you up too late watching the Giants win? What's up with this?????

Get a good night's sleep tonight Jack, you need better questions tomorrow. We all have our off days. Not to worry!

February 4, 2008 at 2:42 pm |
  13. Sandy

Obligated? NO...........Proud?.You better believe it!!!!Go Hillary.

February 4, 2008 at 2:43 pm |
  14. what the heck

I would have thought that American women of all the voters across this planet, would be the ones most likely to vote on the issues, not gender or race! American women have more sense than to fall for labels.

February 4, 2008 at 2:44 pm |
  15. Allen L Wenger

Let's see.. Are all blacks obligated to vote for Barak Obama? Are all white males obligated to vote for the Republican candidate? This is America Jack, we are not obligated to vote at all.

February 4, 2008 at 2:45 pm |
  16. Josie

I don't think that women are obiligated to vote for her just as blacks are obligated to vote for Obama. I think we need to vote for the best person. With that said day one is not the time for on the job training (OTJ).

February 4, 2008 at 2:50 pm |
  17. Ken KS

That's nonsense. That's like asking if African Americans should vote for Obama just because he is half African American and half caucasian. Or, that is like asking me if I should vote for John McCain just because I am caucasian and a veteran. I hope Americans vote for the candidate they feel best represents them and their beliefs. I still don't know who I want to vote for among the list of candidates we have. None of them particularly inspire me.

February 4, 2008 at 2:58 pm |
  18. Tanya

Of course not, Jack. That's absurd. But that won't stop many of them from somehow feeling obligated to do so, just as it doesn't stop many of them from somehow feeling obligated to remain barefoot and pregnant.

February 4, 2008 at 2:58 pm |
  19. Bruce H Scroggins

No, but many will choose this as their reason and many will not say why, but will cover with some, shallow reasons for voting for her. But let us not be naive, because McCain is white, Obama black, McCain is old, Obama middle aged, Clinton is middle aged as well, many will chose these as their reason for voting and add issues and never speak of their biases, as many will not vote for these candidates because of color, gender and age.

Jack, Our humanity is ever present and our prejudices will win out, until we become enlighten enough to set our humanity, above our prejudices. We’re either good, or evil, sound simplified, well the truth often is and reality is where we get into the trouble of, practicing what we preach.

February 4, 2008 at 3:04 pm |
  20. Paulette Bent

No! Americans should vote on how a candidate stands on the issues and how best they will be able to serve our country in these deplorable times. How will they be able to cope and represent the United States in this globalized world is what truly matters.

February 4, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  21. Liz

No, just as men should not feel obligated to vote for a man because a woman is the only other alternative, but after watching a stage full of strong, intelligent women endorsing Obama yesterday, I realized the only way we will allow a woman to get close to political power is if she marries it. Nice message for our daughters!

Now the other image I got out of that scene is that it took a stage full of strong, intelligent women to prop up one man!

February 4, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  22. Jenny

This country is in serious trouble. As a woman, I feel an obligation to vote on;y for the person I think is best for the country. Couldn't care less whether he or she is black, white, pink, green, etc.

February 4, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  23. TLC

No, any person in this country should not feel obliged to vote for anyone based on gender or race, but the reality is that some will do just that. I was born in 1949 and have seen this happening in our society for my entire life in business and all organizations, so why of all places should politics be any different. Some folks say they don't trust Hillary at all and these women deserve a medal for having the courage to say it on CNN.

TLC from Texas

February 4, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  24. Victoria Aaron

Sadly, most women don't yet know how to commit to one of their own. They feel safer supporting men. Less friction to deal with! They still don't begin to realize the power of "equalization" that would finally come to them with this "lifetime" opportunity. It's not like Hillary isn't the best candidate. She is! But still, a lot of women don't have the insight or guts to vote for her. I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE WOMEN!

Victoria Aaron from Trophy Club, Texas.

February 4, 2008 at 3:15 pm |
  25. C. Farrell, Houston, Tx

No. If women feel obligated to vote for Hillary because she's a woman, they shouldn't be voting at all.

February 4, 2008 at 3:18 pm |
  26. marcus

NO THEY SHOULD NOT;BUT SOME WILL;

February 4, 2008 at 3:19 pm |
  27. Susan

As a woman and a life-long Democarat, I feel absolutely no obligation to vote for Hillary! She's too polarized, has too many enemies, and will get beaten for sure if she get's the nomination.
    OH-BAH-MA! OH-BAH-MA!

February 4, 2008 at 3:19 pm |
  28. Joy

Obligated to vote for Hillary because she's a woman? I certainly hope not!!!! It is so crucial to vote in a leader that can start to undo what Bush has done to our nation, gender should not be a consideration. I think women in America are intelligent enough not to go for this rhetoric, we all know what must be done and we'll choose who we believe can handle the job.

February 4, 2008 at 3:20 pm |
  29. karen

Boy, I bet the Shriver/Schwarzenegger household has interesting political conversations. No, women should not be pigeon holed by you media types, but should vote for the candidate who they believe will do the job. It is very hard. I like the Clinton Healthcare plan, but I like the fact Obama is concerned about those of us who cannot afford premiums. I like Obama's hope and the fact he is not from the old Washington mob on Capitol Hill. Women should just VOTE!

February 4, 2008 at 3:22 pm |
  30. Michael "C" in Lorton

You don't vote for a presidential candidate because of their gender nor should anyone feel obligated to do so. If that is the case, you might as well don't vote at all. You should vote for the individual that you feel is the "best qualified"individual that will take this nation into the future. But sometimes, and in most cases, there are different reason for voting for a candidate. Voters have a tendency to vote with their "emotions" rather than with their intellect. Americans want change, but are afraid to vote for it. Change is the most important process in living life. If there is no change, there is "no growth", and the status quo remains and we continue to complain. WIll it be worth it to all the women voters if Hilliary gets elected and turns out to be their "worst nightmare" just for the arguement that we "now have a woman president. If that is truly the case, we are lost as a "society" and deserve what we get.

February 4, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  31. Aaron from Kentucky

What a sad country we are that we even have to ask that question.

February 4, 2008 at 3:25 pm |
  32. Fran Omaha, Ne

No. And they won't. Women have far more intelligence then to waste their vote on a woman that does not have their best interests or the interests of their family at heart. The only woman Hillary Clinton cares about is Hillary Clinton period. The only thing that could be worse for women is for Hillary to get elected and screw things up worse then they are now. That would set the woman's movement back a century. At this juncture Failure is not an option and a vote for Hillary is a vote for certain Failure.

February 4, 2008 at 3:28 pm |
  33. Richard Sternagel

No women should not feel obligated to vote for Hillary Clinton simply because she's a woman! Not only is that discriminatory but it type cast all women into the false belief that every woman wants Hillary Clinton to be President when in fact some women question her ability to be Commander-in-Chief! I realize this is from a male view point but it is what it is

February 4, 2008 at 3:29 pm |
  34. ate

Do you dare to ask the equally important and interesting question on your blog:

Should African American feel obligated to vote for Obama just because he is an Afriacan American?

February 4, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  35. kip in albany

The NOW head is supporting Hillary,only because she is a woman. Does she know if Obama is better on feminine issues. She probably doesn't . So many are going to vote for her only for that reason & that's a shame. If they want to vote for her because they like her policies,then I applaud that. But if they are doing it for any other reason,then shame on you all!

February 4, 2008 at 3:33 pm |
  36. Dennis in Gwinn, MI

Not if they had any brains.

February 4, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  37. Ashlee

No! What a horrible question. We should all vote for the candidate we feel could best lead the country. Even though this will be my first presidential election, if I was obligated to vote for a woman in the past, I would be in a bind wouldn't I? Talk about the issues not about characteristics the candidates are born with!

February 4, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  38. George Wilson

NO, men should not vote against Hillary because she is a woman, just as women should vote against men, just because they are men. Everyone should vote their heart, and their mind, and leave the sexist attitudes out of the equation. I am a man, and I will vote for a woman if I am given that choice, for no other reason than I think she will make a very good President.

February 4, 2008 at 3:41 pm |
  39. carol

No, however, the Oprah groupies, in my opinion, are supporting Obama solely because Oprah is. If you noticed after she "came out" for Obama, only then did his ratings take off.

February 4, 2008 at 3:42 pm |
  40. Pattie O'Kane

No more than a man should feel obligated to vote for a man.

February 4, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  41. Ann Jones

Of course, they should feel obligated to vote for Clinton, especially with an opponent like Barack Obama! Women and men should not make the mistake of listening to people like Oprah and Caroline Kennedy. It is obvious that Hillary is a better candidate than Obama. However, the best candidate in the race is Ron Paul by far.

February 4, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  42. Terry North Carolina

Jack
    It should not matter whether you are a man or a women running for president, hopefully the people of this country will vote for the best canidate.

February 4, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  43. Tom Bulger

Voting for Senator Clinton is the best way women have to snatch same-old from the Hurricane for change. Losing the Independents and Republicans that Obama draws to his candidacy and uniting the Republicans and anti-Hillary vote gives us another middle aged white guy. We Democrats have a tradition of snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory. Deja vu all over again.

February 4, 2008 at 3:45 pm |
  44. Sophie

I'm 32 years old and have never had the chance to vote for anyone but a Bush or Clinton. This isn't a Middle-East dictatorship where the power is held by 2 families. This is America. My parents left the Middle-East and its politcs in the 70's. Now they can't believe they have to deal with it here.

But all that aside, if I truly believed another Clinton administration would turn this country around, I would vote yet again for Hillary. But with her, it's D.C. politcs as usual.

Obama has a great track record. He's stood up numerously for what's right against the Washington norm with courage. And as a woman, I am voting for Obama.

February 4, 2008 at 3:45 pm |
  45. Norman

Women should feel obligated to vote for the best candidate they think is the best candidate. Nothing more. Nothing less. Ask Laura Bush if she is voting for Hillary. I would doubt it.

February 4, 2008 at 3:46 pm |
  46. Jim from Minnesota

Oprah was right, women SHOULD NOT feel obligated to vote for Hillary just because she is a woman...

but what Oprah forgot to say was BLACK SHOULD NOT feel obligated to vote for Barack because he is black! Which clearly shows in the South Carolina's primary 80% black for Obama and 20% black for Hillary.

Oprah also needs to explain why she thinks Barack is "brilliant!", please give concrete examples, not just rhetoric!

February 4, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  47. Lauren

Jack,

I am a white woman who is proud to be voting for Barack Obama. Not because he's a man, not because he's black... because I know he is the right person to lead this country right now. My mother will be voting for Hillary. She says she will be happy with either Hillary or Barack, but that she is leaning towards Hillary at this time. I suspect it's an added joy for her to be able to cast her ballot for a woman in her lifetime, but I would surely never doubt her intelligence by assuming she is voting for Hillary only because she is a woman.

Like Oprah said, in 2008 we women are FREE to decide to vote for whomever we choose. And the truth is, it really doesn't matter why we choose to vote for a particular candidate. Every American has the right to vote for whomever he or she wants, for whatever reason he or she decides is important.

And by the way, it's an added joy for me to cast my ballot for a black man. It's about time this country had some real choices in an election.

February 4, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  48. It's Pretty Clear

I'm a free woman and I get to choose who I want to vote for based on character and integrity. I sure wouldn't vote for someone who keeps "tearing up" when she doesn't have a BIG lead. I wouldn't vote for a person who didn't take time out to thank the supporters in South Carolina but ran down to Florida to thank the voters down there......

February 4, 2008 at 3:48 pm |
  49. Kim

To ask this question is to suggest gender bias. Women should not feel obligated to vote for Hillary just as African-Americans sould not feel obligated to vote for Barak because he is of the same race. No one felt Obama could do as he has in pulling the country together. Hillary sees her lead slipping away. Oprah is doing no more than Bill. No one has a problem with Bill campaigning and he is the largest icon of the democratic party. Maybe Barak isn't as polished as Hillary but he opens up the doors of hope. We don't need another politician we need to come together and heal as a nation. He can do like Bush Jr. and surround himself with experts in the fields that he is weak.

February 4, 2008 at 3:49 pm |
  50. ann

I agree with Ms. Winfrey.. I am a woman who volunteered for Senator Clinton and she is a great Senator. But I am going with my heart and my heart tells me that Obama will make a great president...

February 4, 2008 at 3:50 pm |
  51. Patricia

Nope, I got my mail-in ballot last month & I voted for John Edwards, I"ll still vote for the Democratic candidate for President.

February 4, 2008 at 3:50 pm |
  52. Ellie from Aurora, CO

Oh, please! Women should not ignore their good judgment and put the wrong person in the White House. I would love to see a woman win the big election, but that is not as important as having the right person at the right time. Obama is that person.

February 4, 2008 at 3:51 pm |
  53. Josie

I respect Oprah a great deal but the harshness of her message I don't like. This is why celebrities shouldn't be involved in politics. The issues at stake transcend gender or race. To imply guilt in the voting process is beneath even Ms. Winfrey and I'm offended. I am an African-American women who supports Sen. Clinton not because of gender but because I feel that she is more qualified than Sen. Obama. She has been tested and has proven to be a worthy candiate. Sen. Obama rarely answers to anyone. The media barely questions him or scrutinizes him like Sen. Clinton. I know Ms. Winfrey is bias because of her closeness to the Obama family but she needs to check her tone. I'm know who I'm voting for and I don't feel guilty!

February 4, 2008 at 3:51 pm |
  54. lee

Jack,
    As a 54 year old white woman, a former Republican(till Bush's first term) I switched to an Independent, living in a closed primary state, I switched my party again in December to a Democrat, so I could vote for change. Obama first moved me with his speech in 2004 at the convention, and continues to do so. He inspires...isn't that what great leaders are suppose to do? No, a woman should not feel obligated to vote for Hillary, just because she is woman. Voting is not a game of sexes, so much more important, especially this year.

February 4, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  55. Dumped Clinton for Obama

I am a woman who has all the while sworn to cast my vote for Hillary Clinton. I've watched and listened to both camps and I have decided to take my vote away from Clinton to give to Obama. Obama speaks directly to me whenever he campaigns and this is the change this country needs at this point. That does not make me a traitor for not voting for Clinton. Clinton is a die hard politician who is running for office just because of her selfish interest. This the American people have to realize. Obama will bring the country together and i'm glad to see a diverse crowd of people believe in Obama. I imploy the whole country to go out and vote for Obama tommorow. We have had enough 8 years of the Clintons. The Clintons are friends with the Republicans and will not be able to get anything accomplished when she gets to office. She already said she and John Mccain are personal friends. The kennedy's know the Clintons very well and for them to decide not to vote for her is enough red flag for us all the seee. Hillary Clinton is not good for this country

February 4, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  56. Ellie in Illinois

I am a woman, I don't vote gender or race, I read up on every canidate and search the issue then vote for the one who feel will lead this country out of the sorry mess it is in. RON PAUL.

February 4, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  57. dajack

Can I just ask one question? Since when is Hillary Clinton the embodiment of all things feminine? Why is it assumed that all women should WANT to vote for her? Many women would rather have teeth pulled out of their heads.

To be sure, there was a time when the word "feminist" was synonymous with "liberal Democrat". But this is no longer the case. Why must it be?

February 4, 2008 at 3:52 pm |
  58. Erle Hall

Women should only feel obligated to vote for Senator Clinton in as much as they believe her to be the best candidate. The irony of a powerful man (President Clinton) telling women to vote for a woman and a female media star (Oprah Winfrey) telling women to vote for a man should really be discounted by serious voters. As hard as it may be they need to put the media show aside and actually look at the records of the candidates to make their decision. Think about how likely it will be that one or the other candidate will be able to advance the issues that the voter cares about. Also, It might help if they turn off the TV. Sorry CNN!

Erle Hall
    Sacramento, CA

February 4, 2008 at 3:53 pm |
  59. Charle

Rationally I would say no, womenshould not be obligated to vote for Clinton, just as african amercans should not be obligated to vote for Obama. At the same time it would be naive to deny the excistance of identification with the candidates and all the prejudice that comes with it. I am a black man, which makes it so easy to identify myself with Obama. And yes I will be so proud if he is elected. but that's as far as my sympathy goes. If Obama were running for the republicanparty, believe me, nothing could ever get me on his side, because I would not be able to symphatize with his political vision. So, it's the issues first and then the race or gender of the candidates. I side with Obama for this promise of change I believe he will be more able to bring about than Hillary Clinton will. but he, I live on the other side of the ocean and I'm not a US citizen. So my opinion is worth as much as sand in the desert :-)
    charle, Amsterdam Netherlands

February 4, 2008 at 3:53 pm |
  60. Mac Ibrahim

People vote on principal and on issues affecting their lives. Obama is a good talker, but not a good doer. He tries to stay in the middle on every issue. To please republicans he says the republican party is the patry of ideas. To please the democrats he associates himself with Ted Kenedy, the most libral politician according to the media. Oprah Winfrey should be ashamed of herself for choosing race as the more important factor in her choice.

February 4, 2008 at 3:55 pm |
  61. Mary Adcock

Being a free woman also means that I'm free to change the channel...off of the Oprah Winfrey network! Actually, it's demeaning to women for Oprah to suggest that the only reason women are voting for Hillary in such droves is merely because she is a women. Give the rest of us some credit! We may not have Oprah's millions, but we do have smarts! We're smart enough to know that the best candidate for our nation at this critical time in history is someone who's brought solutions and results at a local, state, and national level year after year after year. We're smart enough to listen beyond the flowery speech and rock star glitz. We're smart enough to want someone in the White House who has substance, who knows policy and who is ready and right for day one! No, Oprah, women don't feel obligated to vote for Clinton because she's a woman, we feel obligated to vote for Hillary because she's the best choice!

February 4, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  62. mary

How ridiculous! This woman has about as much chance of uniting the country as George Bush the 3rd. She is divisive and polarizing and the last episodes of she and Bill 's obvious will to do anything to win have made "them" even more so. There would be no change. We would just have 4 more years of wrangling and the nation can not stand that. I would love to see a woman president. But that woman would have to be good for the country and the best candidate – or equal to the best candidate. God. Do you think we are just plain studpid!

February 4, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  63. Dennis

I admire empowered women the most, a free mind and the will to speak it are immeasurable resources that make us the most powerful country in the World. That being said: Anyone that can only appreciate another person for their physical charecteristics are mental midgets and deserve no more than the least possible. To vote for a president under the same circumstances makes me wander about voting rights and wether or not we all trully deserve them because apperently we are not all created equal. Do I have to vote for a white male? But none of them have brown hair, what do I do now?

Take the choice away!! From now on we all vote for: A LEADER

February 4, 2008 at 3:56 pm |
  64. Kevin

We had the same issue here in France with Segolene Royal, but the fact is that even if some women want to vote for Hillary especially because she is a woman, the majority will consider every candidate and chose who will be the best nominee.

February 4, 2008 at 3:57 pm |
  65. silvia

Women are not obligated to vote for Clintons, but, at the same time, no woman with her respect to Clinton should abuse her star power to promote votes against clinton. Everybody knows many these last-minute decisions of whom to vote for are irrational. We, men or women, should not promote systematic irrationality at the moment. That would be unfair to Clinton.

February 4, 2008 at 3:57 pm |
  66. Wendy Theriault

Real women should be _appalled_ by Hillary's use of tears and her husband's resume in her efforts to get elected.

February 4, 2008 at 3:57 pm |
  67. Sharon, Orlando

Women shouldn't feel any more obligated to vote for Hillary than African Americans should feel obligated to vote for Obama! The question should not even be asked! I am a black woman and I care nothing about race or gender. Of course I connect with Hillary – she's brilliant, knowledgeable, passionate, and has delivered years of service to this country. However, Obama has opened the pathway for my African American son to dream to be the presideint of the United States one day. As Democrats, we need to look at the issues and the capability of the two candidates to step right in and begin turning this country around. We are disgraced abroad and our country is in shambles. I can't afford to look at race or gender! And as a matter of fact, I choose capability over inspiration so I will be voting for Hillary in the fall. The difference is I don't have to tear Obama down to prove my point.

February 4, 2008 at 3:59 pm |
  68. Greg from PA

Should they? No. Will they? Yes, some will. Just like some blacks will vote for Barack Obama just because he's black. Hopefully, reason will overcome prejudice and people will choose a candidate based upon their message, judgment and principles.

February 4, 2008 at 4:00 pm |
  69. Karen

Oprah says I don't have to vote for Clinton and CNN reports it, so it must be true. I appreciate your attempt to cover Clinton (and then show a picture of Obama supporters), charming. Oh well, no one can accuse you of being unbiased.

February 4, 2008 at 4:00 pm |
  70. JD

I don't think women should feel obligated to vote for Hillary Clinton just because she's a woman, just like men should not feel obligated to vote for Barack Obama just because he's a man. Voters should throw their support behind the candidate who inspires them and who they feel would best lead the nation into 2009 and beyond. Gender really shouldn't have anything to do with it.

February 4, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  71. Bill

To answer the question no – but it's sad that so many do

February 4, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  72. Mona Isler

No a woman should not be obliged to vote for Hillary Clinton because she's a woman, just like a black person isn't obliged to vote for Barack Obama.

So imagine my distress, as black woman, seeing headlines like "Gender or race: Black women voters face tough choices in S.C." on CNN.com. The media feeds into this craziness every day.

I, and we all should, vote for the person who falls closest to our views on issues first, emotions second.

Thanks Jack!

February 4, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  73. Renee/Louisiana

No, women should not feel obligated to vote for Hillary just because she's a woman. They should, however feel obligated to vote in the best interest of the country. In my opinion, Barack Obama has displayed that he is the person that is most capable of leading our country into peace and prosperity. My vote is for him!

February 4, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  74. Jorge from California

Jack,
    Come on.... Is like asking if all African Americans should feel obligated to vote for Barack Obama! Everyone should check the Facts and Analyze who is the real Change! if They want to help create a Dynasty and More of the Same kind of politics then Hillary is the option.... but if they really want Change and a new vision for this country then Barack Obama its the right candidate! he represent the young and he is The JFK of my Generation... If Hillary was my age she probably would be a Volunteer for Barack Obama!!!
    By the way why don't CNN talks about Peter Paul vs Hillary Clinton??

February 4, 2008 at 4:02 pm |
  75. James Stois

Women should feel like voting for Hillary simply because she is the best candidate for all genders and for all races (yes including Barak Obama's race). African-Americans should not vote for Barak simply because he's the black candidate. Voters should look for who has the substance and ask where's the beef before voting for either. Unfortunately for Barak if voters do this they will realize, that Unlike Marint Luther King, Jr., who had a "dream"(and plenty of action and fight to realize that dream), Barak's legacy so far is "I have a speech." That legacy, coupled with a smile and wave from Oprah, just won't cut it this fall.

Jack, could you please explain why Hillary's famous African -American supporters (and there are many) when pushing for her are labeled racist while Barak's famous women supporters push for his support they aren't labeled sexist? It appears to me that we are closer to equality on race than we are on gender.

February 4, 2008 at 4:03 pm |
  76. Judith

Of course women should not feel obligated to vote for Hillary Clinton!

And black people should not feel obligated to vote for Barack Obama.

February 4, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  77. Jose

People should vote for Hillary NOT BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN
    People should vote for Hillary because of her qualifications to become the next US President

Hillary08

February 4, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  78. James

Jack,
    Should they? No! Will they? For the past few months I've thought yes but lately it seems like more and more people are actually listening to the issues.I think alot of women who have said they will vote Clinton from the begining are starting to see that she's just another Clinton and that alone doesn't represent change.

February 4, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  79. Giovanna

Women should vote for Hillary not because she is a woman, but because she is the right person to become the next President of the US. Senator Obama is not. You do not deal with the word of today with the inspirational speeches, but with facts, skills and experience. Hillary has all of them. Plus, she has been the target of the Republicans witch hunts since forever and she is still standing. But, of course, she being Hillary cannot do anythigh right, and he beign Obama cannot do anything wrong.I think that the press coverage of this campaign has been so unfair.
    I will remind all the voters (women) out there, that the same press that has been selling you Obama from the beginnign of this primary campaign , has sold you the Iraq war in 2003. Talk about lemons. good luck

February 4, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  80. Cookey

I am black male living in UK and unhappy about the undue exposure of Obama to the disadvantage of Hillary. The comments and news I have read and heard from CNN are unbalanced. I feel ashamed why CNN the world leader in news behaves this way. All that I hear and read on the CNN web are about Obama's endorsement. I want to know those who endorses Hillary. I am sure there are few celebrities and prominent democrates endorsing Hillary which CNN does not report.

I believe America is not ready for black pesident yet, let alone one without experience. All CNN is doing is to elevate Obama only to let him down in November when his policies will be open to criticism. I feel Hillary is the right choice, CNN should not influence the voters.

HILLARY FOR 08 PRESIDENT, GO FOR IT LADY!

February 4, 2008 at 4:05 pm |
  81. TSR

I am supporting Senator Hillary Clinton and I do NOT feel guilty. She is the most qualified candidate.

Oprah Winfrey should remember that she made her fortune promoting women's issues and most of her viewers are women. She is only supporting Obama because of his race. The Kennedy's represent the past even though Obama claims he is for the "future".

I am a 50 year old female and will support Hillary all the way to the White House.

February 4, 2008 at 4:05 pm |
  82. Trevor

So Obama is playing the gender card now? Such a hypocrite.

February 4, 2008 at 4:05 pm |
  83. Kristin

I feel extremely torn between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton for this exact reason. I feel because I am a woman, I want to see a woman become President of the United States. I truly believe having a woman lead this country would change the destructive course we are heading down as a nation and also help create change in the areas of the world with the most turmoil. I also feel I would be letting down my fellow women down if I didn't vote for Hillary. With every female fiber of my being I want to vote for Hillary, but I find my head leaning toward Barack–with his words of change, hope and inspiration. I think he appeals to women as much as a woman candidate does. At the end of the day, you have to go with your gut instinct–I still have to figure out what mine is.

February 4, 2008 at 4:07 pm |
  84. Jennifer

No... They should feel obligated to use their brains on the issue.

Obama acts like he's going to be able to walk into the white house, wave a wand, and all the old school politics will just disappear....

Why do people think it’s a good idea to put a novice in the oval office??? It just doesn't make any sense.

I am an independent who used to have faith in the public's ability to distinguish between Hollywood and reality.

And now half the dems want to put a rock star in the toughest chair in the world instead of someone who has proven themselves.....

I'll have to give my vote to whoever the Republicans nominate if Obama actually succeeds in duping the dems like this. Absolutely Amazing.

February 4, 2008 at 4:07 pm |
  85. John Z.

If women want to let Oprah dictate how they shouyld vote, I feel sorry for them. Oprah has demonstrated her abilities as an entertainer and a business woman, but in terms of political astuteness she is in no better position to give advice than the average person on the street.

February 4, 2008 at 4:08 pm |
  86. d

Heavens NO. What do you think of us "women" if this should be the case? That would be my least factor in voting.............I vote by the issues Jack, and how they best suit my ideals. I find all this information from researching the individual candidates. Voting for Hitlary just because she and I share the same gender is an insult. We women are hopefully smarter that some perceive Jack :)

February 4, 2008 at 4:09 pm |
  87. Bill, Quarryville, Pennsylvania

No one should vote for a person because of their gender or race. I think we have a lot of intelligent voters who will vote on who they feel will be the best president. But there will be people who will vote for any person just because of gender or race, especially in this year's election. But I think the intelligence of the American voter will prevail and gender and race will not be a deciding factor in deciding our next president..

February 4, 2008 at 4:09 pm |
  88. Karl from Colorado

Voting for a woman because she is female is as dumb as voting for Obama because he is black.
    What happened to the good old days when you voted for someone because they are the best candidate.
    Oh that's right: you have to vote straight party so that elimates that possibility.

February 4, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  89. karen

No, women should not feel obligated to vote for Hillery Clinton just as African-Americans should vote for Obama because he is an African-American man. I watched the debate and I will cast my vote for Obama because I beleive his vision of change. Senator Clinton is a part of the old guard. I do not want to see two for the price of one. Bill Clinton will inject his two cents in the oval office. God forbid. Also Bill Clinton pandering to African American churches is so sleazy. This country is ready for a change, and Democrates are ready to see it happen. By the way I am African-American, my daughter and daugher-in-law moved over to the side of my son and I. I can't wait for "SUPER TUESDAY" to see "The Clintons bite the dust. However, if Senator Clinton wins the nomination, I have no choice but to support her.

February 4, 2008 at 4:10 pm |
  90. Jolie

This is a pretty insulting question. People should vote for whoever they want to regardless of gender or race.

February 4, 2008 at 4:11 pm |
  91. TnVet

Voters,male and female, are obglitated to vote , as they see it, what's best for the country.

Vote your feelling on what's best for the country, not based on race or gender.

As a male I have no intention on voting on gender, nor should any woman.

Obama gives me the creeps with his wimpy change, change, change. Hell we are

going to get that no matter . Flip-flop Romney is even creepier. I'm no Hillary lover,

but, she is the cream of this mediocre field.

February 4, 2008 at 4:11 pm |
  92. Holly

February 4, 2008 at 4:12 pm |
  93. Ernie

Because it was Super Bowl Day, few people had a chance to see this whole powerful and dramatic rally on C-Span. I believe barackobama.com has a link to it. Oprah said women should think and follow the truth and not make their choice on the basis of gender or race.. She chose Barack because he had, she said,, the kind of wisdom that is a rare gift and could not be learrned or acquired in the workplace..

February 4, 2008 at 4:12 pm |
  94. Karen from Minnesota

I am really astounded by the women politicians who asked for our money because they are women and so are we. Some are not supporting Hillary.

I am really astounded that Oprah who was made a millionaire many times over by women is now not backing a woman.

These women ask to be supported by women...then when they get what they want they forget about our support and money.

I will not be supporting any of these women in the future.

Go HIllary!!!!!

February 4, 2008 at 4:12 pm |
  95. Gigi

Jack, Any woman who claims to be a feminist or in favor of a more level playing field between the genders should not vote for Hillary as she has demonstrated both while first lady and now as a candidate that all of her gains have come on the coattails of her husband.

Let me add that while I myself do not have children, I've read many, many letters to the editor from women who do not want their daughters to grow up to be like Hillary as they would prefer them to choose a role model that advances the notion that women can do things on the basis of their own merit, and not because they are someone's wife, daughter, etc.

February 4, 2008 at 4:13 pm |
  96. Diana

Jack,
    Older women like me do feel obligated to vote for Hillary because we know what we went through to get equal rights. Whatever happened to sisterhood of women struggling for their rights? Talking about age divide....Young women today enjoy rights that they take for granted. They don't know what older generations of women had to endure because of gender. I want to live to see a woman in the White House. If it's not Hillary now, we will have to wait at least 50 more years. As a woman, Hillary Clinton has won the right to represent us. Every woman out there should vote for Hillary tomorrow!!

February 4, 2008 at 4:14 pm |
  97. miguel

Obama is hands down the person for the Job; because with all of the lies that the Clintions told over the years. The Rep. party will have a field day with them. With Obama; we as democrates have a chance. The middle class in this country is hurting and gas prices are high. This is crazy...

February 4, 2008 at 4:14 pm |
  98. jbell

Incredible that you would even ask, Jack. When I select a professional for a service, I pick the best qualified. In this case, while he is young with slightly less experience than Hillary, he is still the most clear thinking and honest politician I have seen in years. Hillary claims "experience"–being second fiddle to her husband for his eight years in the sun? Will we get another eight years of the same? The Clintons have way too much baggage to ever get my vote. They will do or say anything to get the power they crave. Anyone who votes for them is either blind or expecting to get some kind of largesse out of a Clinton win. Do the right thing for your kids and grandkids, people! Please vote for Barack Obama!

February 4, 2008 at 4:15 pm |
  99. Danny Campbell

I already voted for Hillary Ciinton – not because she is a woman, but because she is a proven 'work horse'. At the end of the day, my expectations for a President are that he/she deliver on their platform. As much as I love to hear Obama speak, I don't need a cheerleader in my life, I need a leader who rolls up their sleeves, thinks about the issues and works from morning til night on getting things done. I've not seen a candidate that fits this description more than Hillary Clinton.

I hope she wins – and I hope Obama is choosen as her running mate. If all goes well, perhaps he can seek the office in 2012 – or 2016. I'm not willing to gamble on my future when the stakes are so high.

February 4, 2008 at 4:15 pm |
  100. How About Obama

Do people vote for Obama just because he is male & african american. I bet that's what happened in South Carolina as we all know

February 4, 2008 at 4:15 pm |
  101. Karen from Minnesota

I know, we said gender and race don't count! But they do.

Unfortunately for Hillary gender does count.

Black men received the vote in the US 50 years before women did.

I still will vote for Hillary and look forward to voting for Barack in 2016!

February 4, 2008 at 4:16 pm |
  102. ben

No they shouldn't vote for a woman because they are women. The question is whether they should vote for THIS woman.

Ben
    Louisville, Ky

February 4, 2008 at 4:17 pm |
  103. jp/michigan

Thank God we live in the USA. Women have be more then able to make their own decision for sometime, Jack. We don't need polls, endorsements from from the political or entertainment elite., to made our decision who to vote for. We are capable of check out a candidate voting record , experience and platform on the issues facing USA. on our own. That is why I will vote for Hillary!

February 4, 2008 at 4:19 pm |
  104. Beth from Michigan

Of course women should not vote for Hillary simply because she is a women. That would be a stupin as voting for Bush just because he was a Republican. We should vote for Hillary because she is the best candidate. If we don't think so, we should vote for Barack. He's a good candidate, too.

February 4, 2008 at 4:19 pm |
  105. egk

Women don't have to feel obligated to Hillary, but do blacks have to feel obligated to Obama? I think that's what happened in S.C, let's be real!!!

February 4, 2008 at 4:21 pm |
  106. Gail

I find Oprah's comments as insulting as the fact that Obama thinks that women are so shallow that they will vote for someone because Oprah endorses them.
    Oprah is right. we women are free to vote for the best person. She needs to stick to her media outlets and not demean women.
    I am voting on the programs that will best help our nation go forward. Our country is in a mess domestically and internationally. We need to vote for a leader who can work to bring about changes.
    I am not voting for an Oprah book nor a rock star. I want real solutions to real problems
    This woman for Hillary

February 4, 2008 at 4:22 pm |
  107. Ben

People should not feel obligated to vote for anyone! However, it is important that we note and recongnize the step forward this nations has taken in this race. Regardless of who wins, America has taken a step forward in the right direction. Hopefully the right candidate will be picked so we don't then take two steps back.

February 4, 2008 at 4:22 pm |
  108. Jenny from New York

Of course not. But SHE has said that she represents change just by being a woman. I wonder if that means she'd consider Condoleezza Rice change!. She plays the gender card when helpful and says she's not running as a woman when THAT'S the appropriate answer. She's not seen as a woman to me as much as she's a Clinton and we don't need the Clinton division to continue.

February 4, 2008 at 4:23 pm |
  109. Linda G

I have heard some older women say that they are voting for Hillary because she is a woman. But I don't think that the majority of younger women feel that way. In fact, many of us feel that a victory for Hillary would not represent a true victory for women, because she has relied too much on her husband to get where she is today.

February 4, 2008 at 4:24 pm |
  110. LeeAnn/PEI Canada

No Jack they should vote for her because of her experience and insight into washington politics. Shes ready – she will work hard everyday – I truly believe that.

In regards to Oprah pushing women not to vote for a woman – it hasnt escaped me Jack – she is African American and campaigning for an African American guy. She comments make me sick and she talks about whites being racist. She is the pot calling the kettle BLACK.

February 4, 2008 at 4:24 pm |
  111. Melissa Collins

I originally supported Hillary since I was enthused by the prospect of a female president. However, over the course of the campaign it has become evident that her excessive reliance on Bill and cliche teary eyes are by no means examples of feminine power. In addition to that I simply believe Barack would make a better president.

February 4, 2008 at 4:25 pm |
  112. ate

Jack, That question is just as insulting as asking a black person if they should vote for Obama because he’s black, cannot believe you ask this question!
    ---------------------------------–
    totally agree.

February 4, 2008 at 4:25 pm |
  113. Independent in MA

I am registered as an Independent. In my state this allows me to
    vote in either primary. I will be voting in the Democratic primary
    and feel quite strongly that Barack Obama is the right candidate.
    Those who know that I have both feminist leanings and a background as
    a graduate of an all women's college may be surprised that I do not
    support Hillary Clinton. Those very same qualities leave me apalled
    by women who are voting for Clinton simply on the grounds of gender.
    There are a number of women I would vote for in a heartbeat. But, I
    also believe TRUE EQUALITY means judging all the candidates by the
    same measuring stick which in politics means: character, intergrity
    and the issues. Race, gender and ethnicity has nothing to do with
    those qualities. The future of our country at a particularly crucial
    and sensitive time relies on choosing the right candidate, not simply
    a special interest of seeing a "woman" (or an ethnic minority) in the
    White House.

February 4, 2008 at 4:25 pm |
  114. It is about time....

If they (women) have any sense they would... 200+ years of men and not a women what does that tell you about our great country. Oprah Winfrey just feels race is more significant than gender.. In her whole life she found no candidate who was worthy of her public support for president. If you believe that I got a bridge I can sell you.. This election is really a test of how important women want to be in our future. If H Clinton is not elected, a women will not be elected president in you lifetime Jack and what a shame that would be for both you and our country.. By the way I am a white male from PA....

February 4, 2008 at 4:25 pm |
  115. Jim in CT

No Jack! Just as all Americans should not feel obliged to vote for any candidate because of the the blind endorsements of Oprah and the Kennedy clan. And despite the hysterical anti-Clinton commentaries by you and others at CNN, many of us will still support Hillary because of her experience and record of accomplishment over the past 30 years – something Senator Obama sorely lacks!

February 4, 2008 at 4:26 pm |
  116. Jayne Officer

Should women feel obligated to vote for Hillary Clinton? Only if they believe she will make a great President. There are not only alot of women who plan to vote for her, but many, many men. The press has seemed to morph its stories around percentages of men versus women voting for the Democratic candidates.

It is becoming clear that Hillary Clinton must now be baptised as too polarizing a candidate which would unite the Republican party against her. If Senator Clinton is the Democratic nominee, the Democratic party will band together to defeat the Republicans, I'm sure. But, if the press doesn't sit back and let this election unfold naturally – the Democratic party will go begging if the press doesn't ratchet down the drama. I'm happy tomorrow is Super Tuesday so we can slow this machine down a little bit – it's getting too hot in here!!

February 4, 2008 at 4:27 pm |
  117. California voter

Jack, why are you even quoting Oprah? I bet you never even watched her show, but now that she is supporting Obama for President you are quoting her. You could ask another equally silly question regarding blacks being obligated to vote for Obama because he is black? Do I need Oprah or anyone else for that matter to tell me that I can vote for who I want?

February 4, 2008 at 4:27 pm |
  118. Sean Ludwig, Columbia, Missouri

Jack, the answer is easily a no. As a young white male, I did not use gender or race to decide who the best candidate for president was. When deciding who to vote for, we should try to elevate our mindsets above the basic notions of gender, race or age.

Women could claim that electing Hillary would speak for the advancement for women all over the world. But electing Obama president in the still racially divided United States follows the same argument because having him president would speak for greater racial equality.

What we should do is throw out these shallow markers and stand up for whoever can lead the whole of our country the best. That's why we should support Obama, a uniter in an era of divisive politics.

February 4, 2008 at 4:28 pm |
  119. Mike from Atlanta, GA

Jack,

I had this conversation with a friend of mine last night. All she talked about was it was about time a woman was running...while all I did with her was talk about Hillary's policies, most of the bad. I told her how it was wrong for Hillary to want to force healthcare on millions of Americans that cannot afford it. I told her about Hillary's decision to vote for the Iraq invasion. I told her about the countless scandals of the Clintons from "Whitewater" to Monica Lewinsky, to the shady business deals with Canadian businessmen, to the campaign contributions to her husband from China.

The sad thing was the only point that she could make was about a woman being in office...Someone said that you asked a stupid question...I would call it thought provoking! The sad fact of the matter is that a lot of people are voting for her because she is a woman. I could not vote for a candidate based on anything other than my belief that he or she is the best candidate, or at least the best candidate at the time. I am a card carrying Democrat that believes in Obama and I will be voting for him because I believe that he is the best candidate period!!! I do not believe in Clinton's leadership ability nor her dividing ways...I would be so upset if she got the nomination that I would probably vote for John McCain because in my opinion...he is the only one that remotely comes close to Obama. To vote for a Republican would be even more far fetched for me, not because I'm a Democrat, but because I have seen what the last eight years of their rule has done. Jack, tell the women that now is not the time for a bra burning revolution, but the time for an economic, healthcare, and social revolution in our great nation. That's what I told my friend when she said Hillary had her vote.

February 4, 2008 at 4:29 pm |
  120. KH

I can only vote for or support someone I respect. I lost my respect for her during Bill's years.

February 4, 2008 at 4:29 pm |
  121. carla

woman should not vote for hilary based on the fact that she is a woman... or we would be cheating ourselves. hillary has not proved that she is woman enough to be president...when she is backed into a wall she looks to her husband to get her out...not strong enough for the job. that is the facts.

February 4, 2008 at 4:29 pm |
  122. Stranger

I think Opra Winfrey is stupid to make such a comment and assumes that women would even think that way.

Who is she, why should we listen to her.
    I think anyone, whether man or woman, should vote for one who he/she thinks is the best for oneself and for the country. Not vote for one who is endorsed by some stupid celebrity who has nothing better to do.

February 4, 2008 at 4:30 pm |
  123. Mac Ibrahim

Oprah Wifrey never campained for any candidate in any previous election, why she is doing that now? it is very obvious. It is the race factor. Shame on her.

February 4, 2008 at 4:30 pm |
  124. Suzannah (In Westminster MD)

As a woman, I didn’t feel obligated to vote for a woman until someone screamed out “Iron My Shirt!” to Senator Clinton at a rally and the media relentlessly attacked her if she shows any human emotion. I didn’t feel obligated to vote for a woman until the media – and America – showed me how much they need their perception of women in leadership revamped.

I will vote for Hillary – not because she is a woman – but because I am.

February 4, 2008 at 6:23 pm |
  125. Nancy

Women aren`t obligated to vote for Hillary. I`m voting for her because I think she
    is the most qualified. She`s had alot of experience all around. I think she`s strong and fair. Obama is too cocky and self assured. Oprah made him too self assured. I like to know how much money she`s forked out for his campaign?

February 4, 2008 at 6:24 pm |
  126. Toby

Jack, Chances are there are some Women who feel obligated to vote this way. Is this why you ask such a question? Fortunately the Woman in Question is one of the Best choices on the ticket. I really don't care for this question. The only obligation I hope people would feel "Is The Obligation To Vote" period!

February 4, 2008 at 6:24 pm |