February 1st, 2008

Super Bowl vs. Super Tuesday?

New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning.

New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning.
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

We're headed into a week of "super-sized" events. First up on Sunday is the Super Bowl, where the undefeated New England Patriots go head-to-head with the New York Giants. And two days later, it's Super Tuesday. Voters in more than 20 states will go to the polls, perhaps finalizing their party's presidential nominees.

So which event are Americans more pumped up about? Turns out, it's almost a toss-up. A new Washington Post/ABC News poll shows 40% of those surveyed say they're more excited for the big football game, while 37% say they're more worked up about the Super Tuesday primaries.

The poll also found those who are more psyched for the Super Bowl include: football fans – no surprise there, those who haven't gone beyond high school, men and Independents.

As far as people who are more excited about Super Tuesday, that would include: non-football fans, college graduates, women and Democrats. When it comes to Republicans, they divide about evenly between the two events.

Here’s my question to you: Are you more excited for the Super Bowl or Super Tuesday, and why?

Interested to know which ones made it on air?

Michelle writes:
Super Tuesday, because one is a game that will not matter as soon as it is over and the other is a game that we will have to play out for four years, at least.

J.R. from Olympia, Washington writes:
Oh Jack, it's so sad. I switched my usual day off from Monday to Wednesday, planning for a late Tuesday and TV and blog-filled Wednesday. A gal at work asked me who I was rooting for and I automatically said, "Obama." Of course she meant Patriots or Giants.

Dennis writes:
Ask this same question on ESPN. A battle over the future or a battle over who can get to the end of the field? Pathetic that this question could ever even exist. However it does prove just how out of whack our priorities are. Besides, the NHL is way better.

Diane from Barnevald, New York writes:
Silly question. The Super Bowl is more exciting with more intelligent people participating. At least in this contest, there will be winners. Super Tuesday has nothing but losers.

Robb from New Jersey writes:
What's the spread on Super Tuesday? I'm sticking with Obama and taking the points! At least there is enough interest this election season to mention these two events in the same sentence. Maybe, just maybe the American population is finally going to get involved in a political process that actually affects their lives…. Whatever you do, watch the game Sunday but before you go to work on Tuesday, Vote.

Ed writes:
Jack, Although I am a political junky, I still have to go with the Super Bowl. The commercials are better.

Matthew writes:
Once the Super Bowl is over, it's over. Super Tuesday is part of something larger than any of us. Finding a worthy leader of this great nation is imperative, especially considering what we've had for the last 7 years.

Brian from Maryland writes:
Super Tuesday. How many Americans remember who won the Super Bowl in 2000?

Filed under: Super Tuesday
  1. W B in Las Vegas

Super Bowl 4 SURE

I live in Las Vegas and have a wager on the Giants +12 1/2. looks like a one touchdown game either way to me.

February 1, 2008 at 1:49 pm |
  2. Kevin

I'm a french student and I have to say that I'm more excited for Super Tuesday because it is more important than a sport game.

February 1, 2008 at 1:50 pm |
  3. W B in Las Vegas

AND there is NO LINE on Clinton vs Obama or McCain vs Romney

February 1, 2008 at 1:51 pm |
  4. j hawk

Jack,I do love football however,I am more excited about super Tuesday... We as Americans should all be excited about having a voice in who we elect...It is and should be a number one issue with all of us..We know we are getting someone
    new to run this country and I just hope they can fix what Bush has destroyed in the past seven years.Now to the super bowl....It's time for a change.New England has been in the big show to much (like Bush)......GO GIANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 1, 2008 at 1:54 pm |
  5. Jeff B

Jack, after a long season and weeks of hype, I'm looking forward to sitting back and watching the all-day coverage and analysis and predictions leading up to the big event, and seeing who comes out on top in what's sure to be a very close contest that Americans everywhere will be watching closely. The Super Bowl should be pretty fun to watch, too.

Jeff B
    East Lansing, MI

February 1, 2008 at 1:56 pm |
  6. Aaron from Kentucky

I would be more excited about Super Tuesday if the actions of the mainstream media weren't so predictable. I cant turn on my television and watch any news network today with out hearing Obama, Clinton, Mccain, or Romney. This is incredible, are there any more canidates in the race? The are all the same.

February 1, 2008 at 2:06 pm |
  7. Albert

Super Tuesday. Last time I heard, neither Tom Brady nor Eli Manning could send American troops to war or bankrupt the country.

February 1, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  8. Scott B

As a football fan I have to say actually super Tuesday – This election is more important to America than any football game will ever be – I'm still trying to make my choice and the more I see and here the closer I get to making a decison

February 1, 2008 at 2:16 pm |
  9. Ken KS

After the Super Bowl, who's going to care except Boston or New York. Super Tuesday will have a greater impact on the desperate state of our economy and our country as a whole. The Super Bowl will provide an escape from the rambling of these politicians, though.

February 1, 2008 at 2:17 pm |
  10. Dave Brooklyn, NY

Neither. I can’t get excited about a bunch of human chemistry experiments running back and forth on a field chasing a funny looking ball around, nor can I get excited about a choice of candidates that has been crammed down my throat. I have no one to vote for; the media decided who will get nominated. I have little say in the matter, so I’ll just curl up with a good DVD and hope the next puppet doesn’t sell us down the river as quickly and thoroughly as the current idiot.

February 1, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  11. Elizabeth

I watch the super-bowl for the commercials I watch the super tuesday results for our countries future. Both of which could be purchased by big corporations.

February 1, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  12. joe m

super bowl. the hits are real. the emotions are sincere. and when tears appear, they are genuine.

February 1, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  13. David,San Bernardino,CA.

Neither excite me because they are both anti-climatic. The Patriots are cheaters and the all the candidates are corporate sellouts. They are all as exciting as watching paint dry.

February 1, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  14. Michael "C" in Lorton

I would venture to say, the Super Bowl. When the winner emerges, they are going to ask someone on the winning team, "now that you have won the super bowl, what are your plans? Answer, I'm going to DisneyWorld. When the winner emerges on Super Tuesday, and they are asked the same question and the answer will be DAH! DAH!

February 1, 2008 at 2:38 pm |
  15. Mike McKibben, Fl

Super Tuesday wins hand down for me. The Super Bowl will come and pass, and the results will not effect my life at all. As for Super Tuesday, the results will effect me for the next 4 years. People / voters need to take Super Tuesday very seriously.

February 1, 2008 at 2:41 pm |
  16. ben

Super Tuesday is more exciting, hopefully there will be no wardrobe malfunction during the halftime show.

Ben
    Louisville

February 1, 2008 at 2:49 pm |
  17. Ralph from New York

Jack, I am more excited about the Super Bowl because I cannot wait for their commercials.

February 1, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  18. chris from california

Super Tuesday – could care less about the cheaters and obnoxious east coast fans.

February 1, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  19. Bill Quarryville, PA

I am excited about the Super Bowl because there is a team that cane go undefeated. But I am more concerned about next Tuesday because what happens could determine whether I will have a TV, and a house to watch future super bowls on and in.

February 1, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  20. Tina

They both bore the pants right off of me. The only good thing about the football is the ads and some times they suck too.

February 1, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  21. George

Jack for the first time in my life I am more excited for a political race than I am the superbowl. The American people know that America needs to change and a new path must be paved. The excitment is will America actually vote for change (Obama and Romney) or chicken out and vote for the status quo (Clinton and McCain)

February 1, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  22. Scott

jack, some of your questions, super Tuesday is the only answer, that's the game we get to participate in, and it will be historical.
    makes you all warm and fuzzy inside, dont it jack.

bowling green, mo.

February 1, 2008 at 2:58 pm |
  23. Brett Milam

Super Tuesday Jack. A country is on the line as opposed to a team.

-Brett
    Ohio

February 1, 2008 at 3:01 pm |
  24. David, Tampa

Jack, I am excited about neither. I dont watch football and have become so disgusted with both the Democratic and Republican controled government that I may burn my voter registration card in protest. I served during the Vietnam conflict and have been registered as No Party Affiliation for about 25-30 years. The more I hear from the left and right wing nuts the more I am convinced there isn't a functioning neuron in the bunch.

February 1, 2008 at 3:05 pm |
  25. Paulette Bent

I'm enthusiastic about each one. Super Sunday is for fun for me and Super Tuesday is for changing the course of our country. The same rule of thumb applies to both the teams and politicians. Each will have to put out 100% of themselves everyday leading up to their event – because the opponent will be doing so,and if they don't,when they meet – their opponent will win!

February 1, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  26. John from CT

Super Tuesday for sure. But remember its the Super Bowl winner that determines the fate of the stock market .

February 1, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  27. Brenda

Hi Jack

Coming from the Boston area the main focus of attention is on the Patriots/Tom
    Brady and Super Bowl Sunday. Will the Patriots and/or Tom Brady fix things
    in Washington? I don't think so. So let the important game take place on
    SUPER TUESDAY. May the best person (not team) win.

February 1, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  28. Charles Liken

The Super Bowl without a doubt. Now that Edwards is out of the race for the White House there is hardly any difference between the four turkeys that are left. Each one can be bought by special interests. Go Brady!

February 1, 2008 at 3:12 pm |
  29. Jerry

The super bowl, at least we will have a clear cut winner, hopefully without any cheating. Action by the players will determine the winner, whereas the winner of super Tuesday will be determined by who is best at telling a lie, because they can't or won't do one damn thing they say.

February 1, 2008 at 3:20 pm |
  30. Greg from PA

I'll be giving my remote control a real workout, Jack. That is until New England opens up a wide lead, which it will. Or until clear front runners are chosen in the primaries, which there will be. Then I'll pop in "300 Spartans," which will look pretty tame in comparison.

February 1, 2008 at 3:22 pm |
  31. Paul

I'm more excited about the Super Bowl because that is the pinnacle of the NFL season and Super Tuesday compares better with the second round of the playoffs. Still good stuff but there are more games to be played until the presidential election. Plus I never done did go to no colije.

February 1, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  32. Jeri

Neither, I'm waiting for NASCAR! I'm sick of political coverage! After the election, the poor will still be poor, the rich will get richer and this country will continue to self-destruct. Super Bowl is already won by the steroids.

Daytona, now that's entertainment.

February 1, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  33. Greg from PA

Hmmm. Blood and guts. Maybe I'll just watch "300 Spartans" instead.

February 1, 2008 at 3:25 pm |
  34. Brian in Md.

Super Tuesday. How many Americans remember who won the Super Bowl in 2000?

February 1, 2008 at 3:27 pm |
  35. Vinnie Vino

Jack,

It's a guy thing I pick the Super Bowl, go G-Men...

February 1, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  36. Ed Reed

Jack, why should I get excited about a contest between two organizations, both owned and controlled by large corporations, spending vast sums of money for the sole purpose of winning? I'm not excited about the Superbowl either.

February 1, 2008 at 3:37 pm |
  37. Hagar the Horrible

Definately the Superboal, Tastes great, less filling. Go Patriots!!!

February 1, 2008 at 3:38 pm |
  38. Hagar the Horrible

The Superbowl, but Hillary is already claiming SHE won!!

February 1, 2008 at 3:39 pm |
  39. TLC

Both of these sporting events will be watched by the world. The Pats vs. the Giants and the Elephants vs the Donkeys. We will be watching both but with more interest on Super Duper Tuesday because there is more at stake for us and especially since my wifes team, the Vikings are not in it again this year.

TLC from Texas

February 1, 2008 at 3:41 pm |
  40. David from Oregon

Jack, I'm more excited about the Super Bowl because afterwards we will all know the better team won the game and went home with the trophy. This in sharp contrast to Super Tuesday which, regardless of who comes out ahead, will not convince me in any way that they are the better candidate.

February 1, 2008 at 3:44 pm |
  41. Daniel From Tempe AZ

Jack,

The Super Bowl, it is pumping a bunch of money into the economy here in Arizona.

February 1, 2008 at 3:47 pm |
  42. Joanne Johnson

I cannot lie, if my Colts would have made it to the Super Bowl, clearly that would have topped my list. So now I turn my sights to Super Tuesday. It looks like my favorite Republican just might lock up the nomination. However, I think the Democrats are probably going to disappoint me yet again.

February 1, 2008 at 3:54 pm |
  43. Rex in Portland

Jack, the Democrats can't go wrong with their choice and the Republicans can't go right. So it looks like Super Bowl by a landslide. Too freakin' bad!

February 1, 2008 at 3:58 pm |
  44. Jim

I am much more excited about Super Tuesday. This is the date on which the survival of America and her Constitution will very likely be determined. Over the past seven years, both have been kicked, tossed into the air, cursed, had their luster tarnished and are now close to being carried into their End Zone! This will be a really grown-up contest of massive importance. It will not be some event played by little boys who have never grown up!

Jim
    Prosperity SC

February 1, 2008 at 4:01 pm |
  45. Ron SD CA

Oh Come on Jack, this isn't a fare question.

The Super Bowl of course. GIANTS Rule..

Then on Super Tuesday. It's "RAH, RAH SIS BOOM BA" for Hiliary Clinton. Two Big Events in one weeK.

Ron – CA

February 1, 2008 at 4:04 pm |
  46. Donna

Super Tues will have effect on everyone for a long time. It has to be the top priority. Then I don't like football at all. It is overrated and been shoved down our throats and people have been brain washed that it is the game is so important by the TV stations .

February 1, 2008 at 4:08 pm |
  47. Dennis

Ask this same question on ESPN.

A battle over the future or a battle over who can get to the end of the field? Pathetic that this question could ever even exist. However it does prove just how out of whack our priorities are. besides the NHL is way better

February 1, 2008 at 4:09 pm |
  48. Bill

Both events are very dramatic, featuring plenty of struggle, victory, and defeat. However, I am more excited by Super Tuesday as the Super Bowl will not affect the future of our country or my own quality of life. Oh, one more thing: GO GIANTS!!!

Bill of Hewlett, NY

February 1, 2008 at 4:14 pm |
  49. Jen

No contest. The super bowl. Because the good (Giants) and evil (Pats) is clear.

Here's to the Giants kicking butt!

February 1, 2008 at 4:17 pm |
  50. Carolynn from Sarasota

The Super Bowl is this Sunday? I've been so distracted by candidates bowing out and random endorsements by every semi-significant government figure in the country that I don't even know who is playing on Sunday. Super Tuesday is way more exciting and definitely less predictable.

February 1, 2008 at 4:17 pm |
  51. Karen

There's no reason to pick, they're on separate days. I'll take both, thank you very much.

February 1, 2008 at 4:19 pm |
  52. Art Callesoe

Jack,
    Which is more important? A one day spectacle or choosing the leader of the free world for the next four years? Come on Jack, only a moron would say the Super Bowl is more important.

February 1, 2008 at 4:21 pm |
  53. Tom

The Super Bowl, because when the game is finished nothing will change afterwards. After Super Tuesday there will be another audible, then another, then another, always redefining and clarifying what they said 10 minutes ago or explaining to us what they really meant. Meanwhile, back at the football game the score will not have changed. Some consistency would be nice in politics...it would also be a change.

February 1, 2008 at 4:23 pm |
  54. Elena

It's a frigging game vs our lives, our country, our freedom? I guess since you have to ask the question it may already be too late.

February 1, 2008 at 4:24 pm |
  55. Margaret Choffel

Super Bowl? Usually a super bore! With the poor economy the commercials are not even as interesting because I cannot afford to buy anything anyway...

But perhaps the first female president verses perhaps the first president of color? Something that hasn't happened before in all our history? Now that is exciting!

February 1, 2008 at 4:25 pm |
  56. Guy from CA

I'll watch the the Super Bowl, the Super Tuesday results and then a rerun of the old soap opera "Dynasty." Same theme to all three.

February 1, 2008 at 4:28 pm |
  57. Fran Omaha, Ne

I don't plan on watching either. They do nothing for me. Watching a bunch of over paid athletes run around and smack the hell out of each other or a group or Morons trying to get elected who are part of the reason the Country is in such a screwed up mess in the first place is neither exciting or worth while. I will be out mending fence and moving hay to try and feed a few thousand people that will be watching both of them.

February 1, 2008 at 4:35 pm |
  58. lee

Super Tuesday! CNN is on my lap top browser, my favorites on my remote, haven't miss a debate from either party! Am addicted to this year in politic,I breath it...it is maddening I can't get enough. My dog had gained weight...because we don't walk as much.

February 1, 2008 at 4:35 pm |
  59. Richard Sternagel

I am more excited for the Super Bowl as I believe Super Tuesday or not the candidates for both parties will be decided by their respective conventions!

February 1, 2008 at 4:37 pm |
  60. Beth from Michigan

Well, I'm not excited about either. To me, getting the Superbowl over with means that 60 minuts will now start on time. And I can't vote in Super Tuesday since I live in Michigan (bummer). And, yes, I know we had our primary, but the democrats were largely in absentia.

February 1, 2008 at 4:39 pm |
  61. suzie from Atlanta, GA

I don't follow contact sports, I just can't remember all the rules, and really don't care. I am more concerned about the injury issue than the game. To me it's like Bull Fighting. My sons refuse to watch a game with me, because I ask too many questions, and it bothers them. My husband goes to the basement where he can be alone to get away from my "commentary", as well.
    I am a Political Junkie, and I am TOTALLY pumped for Super Tuesday.
    This is the BIG game, and I have my team Hillary shirt and am ready to roll out.

February 1, 2008 at 4:39 pm |
  62. Karen

The Super Bowl is fun for only a moment. Super Tuesday is many moments that lead to a hopeful, positive future. I wish Americans were as dedicated to voting and getting involved in our government as they are with athletic and movie star idols. Watch the game, but VOTE!

February 1, 2008 at 4:40 pm |
  63. Damon-Maryland

Super Tuesday for sure. The fact that this is even a question shows the terrible state our country is in .

February 1, 2008 at 4:44 pm |
  64. daniel conti

Jack, thats easy I vote for the GIANTS GAME AND WILL TAKE OBAMA AND 12 points Daniel , CT

February 1, 2008 at 4:46 pm |
  65. James V

I'd say the fact that you have to ask a question like this says a lot about how sad the current voter base is. Wake up America.

February 1, 2008 at 4:47 pm |
  66. Flash

Well, the thing I currently most interesed in is attending the American Ballet. The tickets are less expensive than the Super Bowl, they perform about the same time, have the about the same number of players, but they are a whole lot better to look at. After that, I'll hoot and holler for the Patriots.

I'm already tired of the Super Tuesday hype on every news channel and am not interested in hearing about it constantly for the next week or two.

February 1, 2008 at 4:48 pm |
  67. Glenn

This week I'm excited about the Super Bowl. The primary I care about comes next Tuesday when I actually get to vote in the Virginia primary. Until recently I assumed the contest would be over by then. Now it looks like my vote just might count for something.

February 1, 2008 at 4:49 pm |
  68. Carlos C.

I'm just as excited for both!

The Superbowl is just going to be a metaphor for whats coming on Tuesday, you know, the start of the true battle of "The Patriots" against "The Giants (that are Corparate America)". Let's just hope that come this November it's a shutout!

February 1, 2008 at 4:51 pm |
  69. Jim Bloom

While I will not have the Nachos and Guac, Super Tuesday has my attention. The game will be great, but it is played every year. This presidential contest has been unpredictable and historic. Also, I really want to see you guys miss on some polls and predictions again.

February 1, 2008 at 4:56 pm |
  70. Ed Chapman

When you come right down to it, neither one has any impact on me whatsoever!!! The Super Bowl when compared to the soldiers in Iraq who are being shot at everyday, many Americans who cannot afford healthcare and young children being treated for cancer at St. Judes Childrens Hospital, is really insignificant! Super Tuesday where candidates on both sides of the aisle are vying for votes, and making promises to Americans that they know they cannot possibly keep, is another activity that is really totally pointless!!!!! Unfortunately the things that really matter like some of those mentioned above are put on the back burner because of the Super Bowl and Super Tuesday!!!!!!! Neither the Super Bowl, or Super Tuesday will be on my TV!!!!!!!!

Ed from Woodbridge,Va.

February 1, 2008 at 4:58 pm |
  71. john, miami

Jack:

I don't understand the question. I thought the Superbowl was on Tuesday.

February 1, 2008 at 5:00 pm |
  72. Jenny from New York

My sister's birthday is Feb. 5th and I told her I can't see her because I have to stay home and watch politics all day. Super Tuesday

February 1, 2008 at 5:00 pm |
  73. Suzanne

The Super Bowl. At least there the players will understand the rules of the game established by this nation, will know how to catch the ball and run with it, and most important the football players will listen to the shouts and screams of the people.

February 1, 2008 at 5:05 pm |
  74. Cathy Norem

I'm now more excited about the Super Bowl due to the fact that my choice, John Edwards has withdrawn, I'm still interested, but some of the lustre is gone.

February 1, 2008 at 5:08 pm |
  75. Kurt Gripenstraw

The "super" attention should be given to the race for the next president of the United States. Our country and planet is in peril. The game is an escape from that. Besides, who cares about a game tainted by convicted cheaters who are now the subject of a Congrssional investigation.

Kurt in Crescent City, California

February 1, 2008 at 5:08 pm |
  76. Sarah Jane

Jack, I am a non-football fan, college educated woman and a Democrat. Guess that means I'm getting ready for Super Tuesday. (and voting for Barack Obama!)
    Sarah Jane
    Washington

February 1, 2008 at 5:09 pm |
  77. Mark

There is no reason I can't be excited for both. Both days are going to involve people with big salaries beating eachother up, whats not to love?

February 1, 2008 at 5:16 pm |
  78. Allen of Hartwell GA

Even though Tom Brady is my 1st cousin 49-times removed and has made a Patriot fan of me, I have to be more excited about Super Tuesday. We could get another NFL champion next year, but unless something tragic happened the president will not have to face another challenger for another four years.

February 1, 2008 at 5:21 pm |
  79. David A. Morse, Stoneham, MA

Jack:

Since I'm NOT a sports fan, But I am a political junkie, Its Super Tuesday that is MORE important. Politics is the last true "Blood Sport!"

February 1, 2008 at 5:22 pm |
  80. Tony Sewell, Anchorage, AK

Jack,

I am definitely more excited about Super Tuesday than the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl in an annual event with too much hype surrounding it, however I'm 27 and Super Tuesday is a monumental and historic event that has never occured in my lifetime. I am a proud American voter who will participate in my second U.S. presidential election and am anticipating a very exciting contest on Super Tuesday. Thanks.

February 1, 2008 at 5:22 pm |
  81. Paul

Jack,

I will answer your question with another question: Which is a more important part of American history? Watching cheaters go undeafeted or seeing who will be the next president? Will the Democrats nominate the first prospective woman president? Will America unite behind the first African American with a legit shot at becoming president? The history being made Tuesday night is much more significant and will be talked about and written about much more than the undefeated season with an asterisk.

February 1, 2008 at 5:25 pm |
  82. Karen G

Jack,

I guess I'll go with the Giants on Super Bowl Sunday. As far as I can tell, they're the only ones in the bunch that haven't lied, accused, attacked, or cheated to attain their goals.

February 1, 2008 at 5:26 pm |
  83. alice

When the votes are counted for this question, the superbowl will win. Super Tuesday is only a blip on the screen to most americans, don't we usually get about 30% turnout for the presidential elections?

February 1, 2008 at 5:29 pm |
  84. Elizabeth

SUPER TUESDAY!!! Who cares about football??? Ok, so the majority of men in this country do...What is that compared to voting in the first Democratic Primary where no white men have a chance in hell to win?

February 1, 2008 at 5:36 pm |
  85. Dominic

Jack, I'm extremely excited about Super Tuesday, everybody knows the Patriots are gonna win! That's right you heard it here first, Pats 34, Giants (cough) 17!!

Obama/Clinton (Clinton/Obama) ticket= guaranteed victory in November!!!

-Dom

February 1, 2008 at 5:40 pm |
  86. Peter

Jack this is a no brainier for me. SUPER BOWL!!!! I only watch the unique American sport of 'American Football', no other sport. I have even written my Congressman a few times to have Super Bowl Monday a national holiday.

February 1, 2008 at 5:48 pm |
  87. john

The Super Bowl, but the politicians are screwing around with that too. As Super Bowl Sunday approaches Senator Arlene Spector is inquiring about the Patriots “spying incident films” from earlier in the season against Jeffrey Lurie’s Philadelphia Eagles. The irony is he hasn’t had a thing to say or do about Attorney General Mike Mukasey’s failure to pursue Verizon Chairman Ivan Seidenberg for releasing private information about the calls of millions of Americans to Bush for his illegal terrorist surveillance program. I know why.

February 1, 2008 at 5:54 pm |
  88. Hannah

Super Tuesday Jack! Because politics affects our future as a nation. The Super Bowl is simply something people watch to NOT think about what is going on in the world. After the debate last night people have become extremely pumped, and I think people are becoming more and more engaged in our countries future. Obama '08!

February 1, 2008 at 5:56 pm |
  89. Allen

Even though Tom Brady is my 1st cousin 20 times removed and made a Pats fan out of me, I have to say Super Tuesday gets me more excited. Next year at this time we will be getting ready for another Super Bowl, but the elections this year will stay with us for four years.

February 1, 2008 at 5:59 pm |
  90. michell

Super tuesday, because one is a game that will not matter as soon as it is over & the other is a game that we will have to play out for four years, at least. And could I say that your polls are telling us just one more reason woman should run things.

February 1, 2008 at 6:07 pm |
  91. Jim

I'm from Michigan.
    We root for the Lions when it comes to football.
    We're a Democratic state and no real Democrat showed for the January election.
    The best I hope for is there are some memorable commercials during the Super bowl in regard to Headaches and Burning anal itch, because come November 2008 this nation will need both items for the next four years no matter who gets into the Whitehouse

February 1, 2008 at 6:08 pm |
  92. Robb, NJ

What's the spread on Super Tuesday? I'm sticking with Obama and taking the points! At least there is enough interest this election season to mention these two events in the same sentence. Maybe, just maybe the American population is finally going to get involved in a political process that actually affects their lives. Super Sunday is just a game and we all have to go back to work on Monday. Super Tuesday is not just a right but a duty that we as citizens are bound to. Whatever you do, watch the game Sunday but before you go to work on Tuesday-VOTE!

February 1, 2008 at 6:08 pm |
  93. Jordan

I love football, but Super Tuesday is way more important.

February 1, 2008 at 6:10 pm |
  94. Rachel

Most definitely SUPER Tuesday!

February 1, 2008 at 6:10 pm |
  95. Terry - Castle Rock, CO

Neither one Jack. I'm more interested in soup or salad.

February 1, 2008 at 6:11 pm |
  96. adrian

I'll be watching the game as oppose to the political fumbling already going on ad naseum
    Toronto, Canada

February 1, 2008 at 6:11 pm |
  97. earl illingsworth

Jack, I'm more excited about Super Tuesday, why? The direction, this country goes in the next four years, is more interesting than watching the pre-ordained outcome, of a STUPID football game! Yes Jack, the referee's,like the supreme court seem to know what's best for us,and the outcome the've chosen, (all matters considered) is for the good of us all. Oh, by the way," It's Getting Ugly Out There", is great reading.

February 1, 2008 at 6:11 pm |
  98. Rob Mark

Super Sunday or Super Tuesday?

Something's happening on Sunday?

February 1, 2008 at 6:11 pm |
  99. Chris

Much more interested in Super Tuesday than a bunch of guys in tights rolling around with each other. Then again, the commercials do make it tolerable.

100. Barb

John's out-Go Giants!

101. Val

SUPER TUESDAY. Its a bit less predictable than the Super Bowl! I"ll be eating quacamole watching the returns!

102. Andrew

There's no comparison. Super Tuesday is an historic event this year. Imagine, for the first time ever, the Democratic candidate will be either a woman or an African-American. For the US to be able to do this, things are really changing. Tuesday's results will be a good indication, I think, of which of the two is the greatest draw. I can't wait.

On the Republican side, I don't like any of them, so I really don't care. I think McCain is a war monger and Romney has no brains.

103. Harry Hayfield

I am resident in the United Kingdom and although the Superbowl and Super Tuesday will both be happening very late at night here, I shall be recording both of them and watching them the following day. Therefore my answer is "Interested in them both equally". I will also be watching the Groundhog Day ceremony tomorrow as well (as the beginning of the week that defines America)

104. Josh Allen

Super Tuesday absolutely. The super bowl will be exciting for a few hours, while super Tuesday may well decide who is our president for the next four years. That is more important to me than the super bowl, even though i will probably tune into both.

105. Bonb C

I'm on a Superbowl board, not a politics board.

106. Howard Goldman

I'm more excited for the Super Bowl because I will be in Las Vegas eating and sleeping for free. As far as Super Tuesday goes, if I had a Cafferty/Dobbs ticket to vote for I'd be thrilled.

107. Ed

Jack,

Although I am a political junky, I still have to go with the Superbowl. The commercials are better.

108. Rob Mark

Forgot the town ... Evanston, IL

109. Dianne from Michigan

110. Sid

Jack, why do I have to choose between soup or Tuesday? I like soup every day.

111. Alex

At the least the Super Bowl will have a winner on Sunday.
    Super Tuesday is just another day that will leave us without a clear democratic candidate.

112. suzi

Just saw the report on CNN...I think you need to add another category....Super Bowl vs Super Tuesday vs Super Bowl Commercials!!! I am looking forward to the commercials more.

February 1, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  113. Isaiah

Jack, super bowl or super tuesday who cares? after all the Dems and Reps will be watching as well, so why worry about a one night stand game or a one night stand voting, just make sure there will be no election during the half time

February 1, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  114. David Wise

The fate of our country vastly outweighs my interest than a game, not to say that the people exited about the super bowl are idiots, they are just are not as attuned to the political pulse that is currently enveloping our nation.

February 1, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  115. Michael-California

Super Tuesday has my full attention. I don't even know who's playing at the Super Bowl.

February 1, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  116. Daniel Hayes

As much as I love football, the one thing I would love more is to see Obama beat Clinton. I dont think our country or even the world can handle four to eight more years of a Clinton. Super Tuesday!

February 1, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  117. Victoria

Super Tuesday, of course. That's when I watch Ron Paul win

February 1, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  118. John D.

Let's see – the future of America vs. a football game. I'm a football fan, but this question really captures the essence of "no-brainer".

February 1, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  119. Marian

Jack,

Ask me Monday morning when it's a no-brainer...

February 1, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  120. Eric Lucier

The Super Bowl...because you know what your getting. The only genuine thing about the race at this point seems to be Obama. Also, I don't see many people getting out wings and beer to watch the returns come in on Tuesday.

February 1, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  121. Rae

I'm not excited about either because football's just as crooked as politics. But I'll watch football like every other sucker and I'll vote, still hoping that my vote counts but all the while, wondering if this too, is corrupt.

February 1, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  122. Kevin Sitts

I am ready for both to be honest. I am curious to see who will win on Sunday. But I am just as interested to see how well Hillary Clinton is going to do on Super Tuesday. I think it is going to be an interesting couple of days

February 1, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  123. George from South El Monte

I personally would choose Super Tuesday, but those in a position to know seem to feel otherwise. Why else would Senator Arlen Specter feel that holding hearings on the New England Patriots' destruction of evidence warrants congressional hearings while the CIA's destruction of evidence does not? It just goes to show what the public not only knows but, more importantly. what we ought to know....

February 1, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  124. Betty

Super Tuesday, of course You can always watch the football reruns.
    We are living in the biggest uncertainty these days, Being told by our government, we have to be afraid of all these "bad " people, it seems to me we have to get all of the "bad" people out of government office pronto. So we must listen to the candidates and try to figure out which of them will become the "bad" people.

February 1, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  125. Willis A. Dye

The outcome of the Super Bowl does not affect me. But if double talk McCain is the (R) candidate, I may have to vote for a Democrat (I hope it's Obama). McCain says the people want the borders secured "first". Read between the lines. Secure the borders and then amnesty is what he's saying. He voted against the tax cuts, enough said.

February 1, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  126. David M.

I would have to say Super Tuesday is more important, quite frankly because the upcoming election is a far more vital and important of our lives, moreso than who wins a silly sports game. Don't get me wrong, I love football, but when its a choice between your future or who gets bragging rights for winning a game that involves throwing a ball better than another team, its almost insane people could choose other than an event regarding an upcoming national election. Its not like a Superbowl that comes around every year

February 1, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  127. Scott Hobbs

As a lifelong Giants fan, I must admit that I am more excited about the Super Bowl than Super Tuesday. That being said, neither of these days compare with the excitement I feel about January 20, 2009 when the disgraceful and embarrassing Bush administration will finally be replaced.

February 1, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  128. Dave

While I am a huge football fan and very excited about the Super Bowl, I have to admit that I am more excited about Super Tuesday. I am one of many Americans who were just totally disgusted by the politics (and politicians) in this country until Barack Obama came onto the scene. He has gotten me actually excited about politics once again and optimistic about the future of this country. If it weren't for him, I would be kicked back in my recliner watching the Super Bowl and tuning out Super Tuesday altogether.

February 1, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  129. LaRon Cooke

well lets see... im sick of the patriots in the superbowl so as much as i love foot ball its not like something ive havent seen. Super Tuesday yes. Super blowout NO!!

February 1, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  130. Anna

Both!!!! Historic Moments on Both Homefronts! A chance to see a NFL dynasty and a chance to make America better.

February 1, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  131. Jonathan Emerson-Pierce

Super Tuesday, of course, I absolutely love football. But I’m now far more concerned about the country’s future than any football game–especially now. So, when Super Tuesday comes, I looking for a big win for all Americans, and not just for those who live in New England or New York.

February 1, 2008 at 6:19 pm |
  132. Miguel

I am excited for Super Tuesday,

I want the more experienced person to win. And when that person has a problem I know there would be somebody there to give the second opinion, and you know who that person is.

February 1, 2008 at 6:20 pm |
  133. Scott Hobbs

GO GIANTS!!!

February 1, 2008 at 6:20 pm |
  134. Mike M from SD

I am a football fan but I have to admit that this election is too important not to pay attention to. This will be the most important election in my lifetime. That is why I haven't really thought about the game this week.

February 1, 2008 at 6:20 pm |
  135. June

Well Jack, I'm a female, Democrat with a capital D, a college graduate. This is the most exciting political race since I was a teenager and watched mesmerized, as JFK spoke to the nation about his vision for America. And, no, I'm not an Obama supporter, although I'll happily vote for him if he gets the nod. I believe Hillary will make the best President to deal with the known problems inherited from the Bush administration, but even more, the problems NO ONE has even a clue about, but will inevitably come to light. I would love to see a Hillary/Obama ticket. After 8 years with this dynamic woman, I believe Obama will finally be initiated into the difficult world of the leader of the free world and will be very ready to carry on in his own right. Hillary is a realist and Obama, an idealist.......wouldn't you say a realist is needed to dig through the mess of the Bush administration so she can pave the way for the idealist to carry the country forward? This is a very sweet time in politics for any Democrat!

February 1, 2008 at 6:20 pm |
  136. Jeff M.

What's super Tuesday?

February 1, 2008 at 6:20 pm |
  137. Edgar

Why should I care about the Super Bowl? I am a Dallas Cowboys fan down here in Texas. Nobody in the South cares about a game between two northeastern teams.

Give me Super Tuesday anytime. Seems like the contest between Obama nad Clinton will be closer than the Super Bowl outcome.

February 1, 2008 at 6:20 pm |
  138. John Soderlund

I have been a huge football fan for 30 some years. I have been waiting for Hillary Clinton to run for President for nearly 8 years. Now the day has come, I am more excited for Super Tuesday. Now, if the Vikings were in the Superbowl things would be different. No offense Hillary. But, it has been almost over 30 years the Viking have been there.

February 1, 2008 at 6:21 pm |
  139. marquette leach

I am far more excited about Super Tuesday than the Super Bowl, albeit both are important for various reasons. Super Tuesday will become one of the most important and historical days in our nation's history. We, as Americans, find ourselves and our our country in a fragile position and are compelled to become involved in our Democratic process to bring healing and restoration to our nation if we are to remain!

February 1, 2008 at 6:21 pm |
  140. Mike

Jack,

I'm split. I'll watch the big game on Sunday, to see what an interception looks like, and then I'll watch Super Tuesday to see Barack Obama run the ball in for the wining score.

I feel a change in the air Jack, don't you??

Mike/Ontario, Ca

February 1, 2008 at 6:21 pm |
  141. Mike Paskash

Being a huge football fan, I would normally say the Super Bowl. But since I hate the Patriots so much, I guess the next best thing is Super Tuesday. I can't believe I'm saying this in public, I hope none of my friends are watching. Go Colts!!!!
    Mike from Indiana

February 1, 2008 at 6:21 pm |
  142. Jolly croger

Both events are for the glorification of overly paid and overly egotigistical people, overly impressed with themselves. I do not give a hoot for either!

February 1, 2008 at 6:21 pm |
  143. kristy mundt

I looking forward to Super Tuesday. It is going to be fun to watch the Democrats divide even more that they are now. With the only candidate who could stop the Repulbicans out or the race. They are going to wake up the Republicans to vote against both Obama and Clinton. Again the Democtars will grab Defeat out of the jaws of victory.

February 1, 2008 at 6:21 pm |
  144. al

Jack , you must be kidding I am more excited about super tuesday since we are going to make history by having the first black in the white house ( may be the first woman) . sorry jack I coudn't watch you yestrday I was with obama compaign in LA. CNN and wolf were shinning and awosme

AL

February 1, 2008 at 6:21 pm |
  145. peter benton

Jack,

I can't honestly say that I am too excited about either event.. No matter who gets nominated in either party, we can look forward to a vast improvement come November. I have noted that every candidate in either party can string more than three words together to make a complete sentence.

Whether Clinton Or Obama wins on Tuesday, it will be history in the making, and the Republican elections for all practical purposes are non events.

February 1, 2008 at 6:21 pm |
  146. Stacy from Massachusetts

Super Tuesday!!! Can't wait!

February 1, 2008 at 6:22 pm |
  147. Dianne from Michigan

Super Tuesday. They are both games, I suppose, but Super Tuesday is a little bit more real. It is getting more entertaining and exciting as the weeks go on.

February 1, 2008 at 6:22 pm |
  148. Diane

Clearly Super Tuesday is much more exciting. The Super Bowl will determine the most skillful team after the football playoffs. Super Tuesday is the apex of the Presidential Playoffs. The winner to be determined by the Voters in Ballot Bowl aka Election Day 2008

February 1, 2008 at 6:22 pm |
  149. Chris

I'm more excited about Super Tuesday. Living in Canada I like to pay attention to American politics since our countries are each others biggest trading partner.

As for a sport I'm excited about? March 14th, 15th, and 16th...Put those dates in your Calender. Formula 1 in Melbourne Australia!

Kimi Raikkonen with Ferrari and Lewis Hamilton with Mclaren and the rest of the 2007 dramatic F1 season flowing into 2008 is going to be fantastic!

Tell America to watch, Jim. Tell America to watch!

February 1, 2008 at 6:22 pm |
  150. Thomas

All depends on what you want to watch and for how long. The Super Bowl lasts for a few hours; the Presidental race, a few years. Both have favorites. Both have underdogs. You know who should win, but you can't be 100% sure until the clock runs down or the ballets are counted. You can place a bet on whoever you want based on the odds. The outcome should be inevitable, but you never know. All we need now is a femal quarterback and the stage is set.

February 1, 2008 at 6:22 pm |
  151. Ryan

I really have to admit Jack, that my answer to this question isn't the one I thought it would be when it first ran through my mind. I've been a life long sports fan, and growing up in Michigan I bleed Maize & Blue, and therefore I love Tom Brady and his Patriots as much as any Bostonian, but Barack Obama has inspired me in such a way that the result of Super Tuesday seems to mean so much more than any football game, even the Super Bowl. Yes I understand that the Patriots are the verge of doing something amazing by going undefeated, but I also know that Barack Obama is also on the verge of doing something very, very monumental in this nation. It is through his motivational words, and united appeal, that I feel this nation could make the type of progress that we have been denied for a very long time.

February 1, 2008 at 6:22 pm |
  152. David M.

February 1, 2008 at 6:22 pm |
  153. Misty Ganguly, Hilliard, Ohio

For the right wing conservatives in the Republican party, it is an easy choice – "Super Bowl" by a long margin. What do they have for the "Super Tuesday"? A "conservative" who is now trying to get under the wings of a "liberal" Republican so that he may still have a shot for the Vice-president position. Another half-conservative business tycoon who has lost all his "business" brain and now spending millions on his own campaign for a losing cause. And a "pseudo conservative" who has always acted like a "liberal" democrat and lost before in the Presidential race but who would say anything now to look like a "true" convervative. "Super Bowl" and "Super Tuesday" – no comparison!!!

February 1, 2008 at 6:22 pm |
  154. Cris F.,Austin, TX

I would have to say that I am equally excited about both the superbowl and "super" Tuesday.
    I have to admit to disliking the Patriots, but they have the unique ability to make history this Sunday. Not only will they be ending the season undefeated, they will be the only team to have done that since the '72 Dolphins.
    Super Tuesday pits a formidable political family against the vision of the future. . I heard Obama speak in Austin and it was there that I decided who would have my vote. I have always loved the Clintons and what they have done for our country, but it isn't often that someone comes along that inspires you to action. I have watched coverage of every primary and caucus thus far and I'm biting my nails in anticipation for Tuesday.

Go Pats and Go Obama!

February 1, 2008 at 6:22 pm |
  155. MichelleWright

The Super Bowl for sure! I need a break from the Ballot Bowl and time to recharge for Super Tuesday.

February 1, 2008 at 6:22 pm |
  156. Roger in Woodland Hills, California

Although the Super Bowl may have more excitement wrapped into one day, Super Tuesday is far more meaningful. Unlike the one-day pigskin event, Super Tuesday has ramifications far beyond that one single day. The nation has a lot at stake: healthcare of its citizens, the economy affecting all, our national infrastructure, the make-up of the Supreme Court, and the US regaining a place of leadership and respect in the world. Although I will enjoy watching the Super Bowl, after the last touchdown has been scored and the last nacho has been eaten, I think Super Tuesday will be far more important than a game.

February 1, 2008 at 6:23 pm |
  157. Christine

Super Tuesday – The real Super Bowl will be in LA Sunday with Oprah, Caroline Kennedy and Michelle Obama!

February 1, 2008 at 6:23 pm |
  158. Nathan

I'm much more looking forward to Super Tuesday, because the Super Bowl happens every year and the country's future does not dopend on the outcome of the Super Bowl.

February 1, 2008 at 6:23 pm |
  159. Margaret

Hi Jack,
    I am a college graduate with a Master's degree, and I'm more excited about the superbowl. First of all it comes on first and is prabably the only time I'll ever get to witness a team go the distance if New England wins. Super Tuesday will be there on Tuesday and the Canidates will be there after that. So why not be excited about the game, when we'll still have the time to listen to more campaigning and complaining from the Republicans and Democrates.

Margaret Andrews
    Blacksburg, VA

February 1, 2008 at 6:23 pm |
  160. Randy

Super Tuesday.
    Patriots has a far greater meaning than just a football team. It's time to vote.

February 1, 2008 at 6:23 pm |
  161. Miguel

The historical relevance of the two events can not be compared. The raminifications of Tuesday's race will continue to impact our lives for months or may be years to come. The superbowl is fun for a couple of hours. So I am way more excited about Super Tuesday.

February 1, 2008 at 6:23 pm |
  162. James Yee - Former US Army Captain

As a former US Army soldier deployed to Operation Enduring Freedom and dealing with PTSD, I more hyped about the Super Bowl. It's better therapy, especially since I do not intend to hear anything about Iraq, the so-called "War on Terror," or the politics of fear on Game Day. It's been a while since I've been able to enjoy a big championship game.

February 1, 2008 at 6:24 pm |
  163. Gary

Good question ....even though this is one of the most historic seasons in football.....it will never compare to the history thats being made in politics ...no matter who your for..

February 1, 2008 at 6:24 pm |
  164. Evelina Fernandez

I am more excited about Super Tuesday! Why? Because I know who's playing. I have no idea who is playing at the Super Bowl. That's football, right?

February 1, 2008 at 6:24 pm |
  165. dawn

I will vote on Super Tuesday. I am a white female age 50. I love football, but with NE playing and doubts about how truthful they have been or the commisioner has been (they have destroyed the tapes of the alledged cheating) I want to vote for a man who has shown integrity, honesty, hope, and the ability to bring Our Nation together. OBAMA 2008

February 1, 2008 at 6:24 pm |
  166. Peter Holmes

Super Tuesday's the more interesting of the two – no football team ever won the Superbowl and went on to trash the planet.

Peter Holmes
    London

February 1, 2008 at 6:24 pm |
  167. jyl

Jack, Super Tuesday. It Rocks!!!

February 1, 2008 at 6:24 pm |
  168. Wayne

I'm excited about the Super Bowl because, they are classy players and winners all!
    As far as I can see, the presidential candidates are all losers, especially on the Democratic side. At the Super Bowl, we can pick a team winner, but for president, the country loses....unless you're Latino. If you see Lou...tell him I'm an Independent!!

February 1, 2008 at 6:24 pm |
  169. James Yee - Former US Army Captain

As a former US Army soldier deployed to Operation Enduring Freedom and dealing with PTSD, I'm more hyped about the Super Bowl. It’s better therapy, especially since I do not intend to hear anything about Iraq, the so-called “War on Terror,” or the politics of fear on Game Day. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to enjoy a big championship game.

February 1, 2008 at 6:25 pm |
  170. GIRI VUPPALA

I am sure the same 40% morons who think superbowl is more important than super tuesday are the ones who voted twice for Bush. We are all paying for it through Iraq and other misadventures of this administration.

February 1, 2008 at 6:25 pm |
  171. Nate in Urbana, IL

I love football, but comparing that to a contest which will determine whether or not our country keeps spiraling down into an aggressive, theocratic police state, or changes back to a true democracy respecting the civil liberties and beliefs of all people is almost as crazy as comparing Eli with his brother.

February 1, 2008 at 6:26 pm |
  172. tyler

I'm a 19 year-old football fan and have been following the patriots all year. While the game is definitely on my agenda to watch, I have to say that super tuesday is more important to me. OBAMA is going to change our future and the PATS are going to make the record books. Both very exciting but OBAMA and super tuesday rule hands down.

February 1, 2008 at 6:26 pm |
  173. JR in GA

Super Tuesday because I really like Obama and really dislike the Patriots. 🙂

February 1, 2008 at 6:27 pm |
  174. Phil Miami Florida

I will be watching the superbowl but waiting for super Tuesday.

super Tuesday is one the most important thing we can do as American.

when it come to our vote..... Peolpe Have Died for this right.

February 1, 2008 at 6:27 pm |
  175. Eric

Jack, I think the Super Bowl will be a great match and exciting to watch. But after a few hours and a presentation at the end, it's over. Super Tuesday will be fun and exciting and the decisions made will go towards selecting our new president. Who will be in office four years. Not just one glorious night, or the defending champ for the year to come. Choosing the person who will mold and shape, or shall I say re-shape, the country for the next four years should be at the top of everyones list. I can't wait for Tuesday.

Eric 23
    Kaneohe, HI

February 1, 2008 at 6:27 pm |
  176. kyle from Denver

Super Fat Tuesday... we watch the returns then party Mardi Gras style!

February 1, 2008 at 6:27 pm |
  177. JOHN ADAM

jack, both events are very intersting -however if one team doesn,t win their 5th its not really going to have any effect on me even thou i know the players need the money , having said that i,m still going to watch , - both .. who are you and wolf picking for the super bowl

February 1, 2008 at 6:27 pm |
  178. Sarah Almonte

You can't even compare the two, Jack. The SuperBowl is a game. Whoever losses, still gets a chance next year. Super Tuesday will change so much in America, the impact will be everlasting and at a global level. The SuperBowl will not be remembered around the world... but the world will remember this Tuesday for the rest of their lives. It's sad to see that people are more excited about a game than the opportunity to change our country for the better. That said, I am still rooting for the Giants to defeat that other "evil empire!"

February 1, 2008 at 6:28 pm |
  179. Andrew G.

Super Tuesday or Super Bowl Sunday? I'm psyched and excited about both, luckily there is no choice between the two. My choice on Sunday is the Giants, my choice on Tuesday? After last night's debate, its hard to say.

February 1, 2008 at 6:28 pm |
  180. Jude

I am watching the Super Bowl to hopefully see the Patriots win and I wll be following the Primary on Tuesday to see Hillary win also. Both events are important for completely different reasons. Obviously the election is overall more important to our country, however a good game is great to watch. All in all they are both great competitions.

February 1, 2008 at 6:28 pm |
  181. Dragon, El Monte

Jack, I just become more excited about Super Bowl after your last two debates. Your organization seems to lean toward Obama and was completely rude to Ron Paul. You band-wagoned with the inspiration instead of being a balanced media I have come to watch. Frankly, I now switch to Fox News. This CNN blog is the only blog I follow. "It's getting worse out there...", Jack.

February 1, 2008 at 6:29 pm |
  182. Gary in Oregon

No Contest at all. Super Sunday. Patriots 19-0? Never been done before. Having spent my career working for the government, I have grown to hate politics, and until I learned that the Democratic ticket was now down to two people, Clinton and Obama, I have not watched, listened to, or read a single word on the presidential race. I’d rather sleep at night in my bed. Now, it’s time to listen. I still don’t know if there are any republicans besides McCain and Romney left in the race. It’s too early to care. Months of debates and hype left to the presidential race. Super Bowl is over in one day. Super Tuesday? Bah. It’s just another Tuesday.

February 1, 2008 at 6:29 pm |
  183. Chip Arnold

Football, that's the one with the pointy ends isn't it? Not too excited about that but Super Tuesday? Now there's an event that may well decide the future of America and the tone of world events for many years to come. Hint: The next president of the United States will be a male democrat.

February 1, 2008 at 6:30 pm |
  184. Anthony Arrigali

I am a big Giant fan, and it is crucial they win on Sunday. Having said that Super Tuesday is more important. Get out and Vote for a Democrat. If MCain wins, that would be a disaster. He is too old and can barely move his arms.Besides that he has no idea what middle class famalies need to succeed in the future. And people still vote for him. I find that absolutely amazing ! Let's get with the program and make sure our future is bright for all of us Americans.

Thanks Anthony
    Pennsylvania

February 1, 2008 at 6:30 pm |
  185. Jasper Lucas - NJ

Jack,

As a huge football fan, I'm always excited about the Super Bowl, but this year, I have to say I'm more excited about Super Tuesday.

I know there are a lot of fans excited about the Patriots making history and going 19-0, but I'm much more excited about the fact that either a woman or a black man will become the Democratic nominee for President of the United States of America. And as an African-American man myself, I'm particularly excited about the prospect of a black man actually becoming president – something I wasn't sure until a few months ago I'd ever see in my lifetime. This is huge!

February 1, 2008 at 6:31 pm |
  186. Ray

Since California is such an important state on Super Tuesday, and there are no west coast teams in the Super Bowl, then what's more important for me is Super Tuesday, especially with the war in Iraq raging on and a back door policy to deploy National Guardsmen who are under trained, under funded and under lead!

Ray in Hollywood, California

February 1, 2008 at 6:31 pm |
  187. priscilla

Jack , you asked the wrong question. Which commercials are you most excited about ? Super Bowl commercials? or super Tuesday commercials? I'll bet it Super Bowl commercials. Frankly I welcome the break for all the hype on Presidential debates. I only wish some of the Super Bowl commercials were more geared for us gals watching. (we watch football too)

February 1, 2008 at 6:31 pm |
  188. Frank Artman

Super Tuesday!

What happens Sunday is exciting. What happens Tuesday I may have to live with a lot longer.

February 1, 2008 at 6:32 pm |
  189. Mike

Jack – Most definitely the Super Bowl. Just so I will have a moment to watch something I care about in which you will not be on the air with your "smug and all knowing" commentaries. I am sure Jack, that if you had your way you would most certainly “pundify” the enjoyment of viewing even the Super Bowl by coming come up with away to convince the television audience that neither the Patriots nor the Giants should be in the game at all. Because you Jack, of course know better than us poor fools. We need your guidance and opinions Jack, that way you have a job, I guess? You have single handedly taken away my other passion of late, which is watching your CNN network to gather knowledge and information for watching a wonderful political race for the Presidency and learning of these candidates. WOW, is there anything you like other than listening to yourself go on and on...The good thing for me is that when your commentaries come on, I get to go take a “bio” break... Try smiling or offering a suggestion rather than hiding behind your own rhetoric...Tell Lou, this Independent is done...You make me want not to vote, is that your hope?

Mike for Indiana

February 1, 2008 at 6:33 pm |
  190. Yvone

I will be watching the Super Bowl Game Sunday, however, Tuesday I will be consummed with the outcome of Super Tuesday!!-attending my Minnesota DFL Caucus and hurrying home to turn on CNN!! Go Hillary!! A combined ticket? Sure–if Obama will accept VP!!

February 1, 2008 at 6:33 pm |
  191. Christopher McCrea from Iowa

Jack, you hit the nail on the head! The first strike was off but you did it on the second try. You cannot just simply let Bill and Hillary's crap go and become so welcoming. If he were to do that. he would lose a great amount of momentum! By the way, please remove Hillary Clinton's "Leading Cheerleader" (Carl Bernstein) from the panel, PLEASE!!!

February 1, 2008 at 6:36 pm |
  192. Mark

Jack;
    I neither know nor care who is playing in the Super Bowl. The outcome in no way affects my life, but the Presidential election does in a big way. However, I suspect that many of those who know only about football will wind up voting in November, in much the same way that we once voted for high class president: on personality and not on issues, on which candidate they like and which they dislike. These are the swing voters who will decide the election and we had better take this into consideration as we pick our nominee.

February 1, 2008 at 6:37 pm |
  193. Gail

Jack,

Super Tuesday for sure! Who cares about the "Stupidbowl" when there is a much more exciting game being played, and for much bigger stakes? This is the most exciting race in my lifetime and I'm 43. Besides, even though I love football, the most over-hyped game of the year is invariably a big snoozer unless your team happens to be playing in it!

Go Obama!

Gail
    San Leandro, CA

February 1, 2008 at 6:38 pm |
  194. wendy

A choice between a make believe pretend "game" or a decision that affects not only the future of the US but that of the world.... Hmmmm..... Maybe that is what is
    wrong with this country – too many people occupy themselves with sports and imaginary contests when the real issues are ignored. Yeah, my vote is with Super Tuesday.

February 1, 2008 at 6:38 pm |
  195. Teni

Super Tuesday. Because that will be the day the Clintons fall from grace and the Clinton/Bush dynasty that has run my life so long as I remember. Jack, I'm 24 years old, and even I want change. Just because you are a woman, that doesn't make you an agent of change.

February 1, 2008 at 6:38 pm |
  196. keisha

Super tuesday is much more important to me than the superbowl. With super tuesday comes the possiblity to make history in our country. I am so excited I can not contian myself. I feel as if something great is about to happen. I have to say that Obama is the one that has made me so excited in the political process. He is an agent of hope and change. He has inspired me to once again believe in the political process in this country. Thanks to all you guys from CNN who has brought all of this into my home . My television set will be on CNN all day on tuesday !

February 1, 2008 at 6:38 pm |
  197. Allie

I'll give you a hint, Jack. It's not the one that involves touchdowns and field goals.
    It's far more important to pay attention to the "game" that will decide where we will be four or eight years from now and the direction that our country is headed. All Americans should get out and vote and then turn on the TV to watch coverage of this historic election. No football game is more exciting to watch than the best political team on television!

February 1, 2008 at 6:42 pm |